Speaker 1: For the importance events of today and important control our capital city. Check you in something with Putin, we can make a deal events in my day to day.
Speaker 2: Fifty five krs the talk station Ato five coming to Anido six to fifty five Krisity Talk Station Extra Special Wednesday, My favorite hour of radio right now begins with Congressman Thomas Massy, followed by Judge Ennita Poulatana, who may be listening right now. Joe Strecker gave him a heads up because Congressman Thomas Massy is Judge of Polaton, his favorite elected official. Welcome back to Congressman Massi. It's always a real pleasure to have you on the fifty five Karsee Morning Show.
Speaker 1: Thank you, and Napolitano is my favorite judge.
Speaker 2: There you go, Mutual admiration Society. Every Wednesday here on the morning show. Your name typically comes up in any conversation I have with Congressman Massi, whether you precede him or not. So that's you're a good company, all right. Something has kind of falling off the radar, Congressman Massy, the whole saga of the EPs Dean files, and I know you were behind an effort to release them. With a lot of conspiracy theories swirling around about that out there. Why didn't the Biden administration release them? If they want to release them now, the Democrats all in favor of getting them out there, But seems to be a change of attitude in the Trump administration. We were kind of led to believe, at least I think that Trump would release the Epstein files and the JFK files and the MLK Junior for all that. But when it came time to do it, they had a change of heart, kind of went one hundred and eighty degrees and enter Congressman Massy. You were pushing to pass a bill to release them. Where are we on this? What's going on, Congressman Massy?
Speaker 1: Yeah, politics is the art of the doable. And when Biden was president, the Republicans wanted to release the Epstein files and the Democrats didn't. Well, now that Trump's president, it's flipped and you've got virtually every Democrat wants to release the Epstein files. Well, fortunately, we've got enough Republicans I believe who's say true and want to expose these folks. I mean, the victims deserve justice and Americans deserve transparency. So when you know when this salt all started coming down where the Attorney General released the Phase one binders and then said there is no Phase two psych that made me suspicious. So I introduced legislation co sponsored by Congressman Rocanna that it's a bill. It's a legally binding bill, not a not a you know, a feel good messaging resolution that would force the release of a lot of stuff that we know they have. This is not a hoax. So, for instance, the President asked a judge to release grand jury transcripts, Well, there, you're going into a third branch of government. What I'm asking for is the DOJ release all of their notes and all of their evidence and everything that they've collected. So instead of asking the judicial branch and trying to pierce that veil of the court, we're going straight to the executive branch where we do have authority to force the release of this stuff. And one thing that there's a way to force a vote on a bill. See Mike Johnson doesn't want to do this now, he's one of the Republicans that's flipped. But you can do something called a discharge petition in the House of Representatives. If you can get two hundred and eighteen signatures physical John Hancock's two hundred and eighteen signatures on a document, you can force a vote on the floor of the House without the speaker's blessing. A speaker hates this because I've got every Democrat says they'll sign it, and I've got a dozen Republicans who's already co sponsored by legislation, which means if even just half of the Republicans who've co sponsored my legislation followed through and sign it when I'm able to collect signatures, then we're going to force a vote of this on that floor of the House of Representatives. And Mike Johnson sent us home early for August recess hoping that this would go away. But as soon as we get back from the August recess, Rocanna and I have a press conference arranged at the Capitol in front of the Capitol with some of the over two hundred victims of the Epstein sex ring, and some of whom have never spoken before, are going to speak out. Oh when we give them that platform at the Capitol.
Speaker 2: Oh my, Well, the victims, I mean, there are victims that were victims of abuse. Perhaps I'm assuming from people other than Epstein. This is the thing. There could be prosecutions, criminal prosecutions for folks who, you know, for example, bolested an underaged girl. Those folks have never seen any justice yet.
Speaker 1: Have they They have not. And you know, the whole idea behind electing President Trump was that he would go after that that circle of people who haven't been accountable to anybody because they're either politically connected or they have so much money that they can do things with impunity and don't have to show up in a courtroom, you know, like Hillary Clinton for instance, or some of you know, the Soroses or whatever. Well, that's the problem here. This encapsulates, this Epstein thing, encapsulates the promise that we were given. And I'm afraid if we don't follow through on this, the people who showed up and voted for Trump and also voted for Congress and the Senate to be Republican aren't going to show up in the mid terms. They're going to say, see, we thought we could get justice, We thought everybody would be accountable and under the same laws, and we didn't get that. We're not going to show up and vote in the midterms. We'll lose the majority. So I'm trying to convince Mike Johnson not only is this the responsible, ethical and moral thing to do, but it's also good politics. We should release these now.
Speaker 2: Do you have any inside information about what's in them? You mentioned politically connected people. That's something we all assume. Are we all assume are being protected because they are high falutint folks, politically connected, wealthy individuals. They're treated with a different standard under the law than you and I would be. Do you know who's in there who might be shown to have been involved in any of this activity? Or are we all just still speculating and including you Congress from Messy.
Speaker 1: Well, here's an ARESSI thing. The Black Book. Epstein's Black Book has been released. Now, having your name in that black book is not an indication of guilt. It's not even an indication that you went to the island or anything like that, but it is an indication that Epstein had your personal cell number and may have contacted you. Yess who's in that black book. One of the three billionaires who's funding ads against me right now in the Cincinnati media market is in Epstein's Black Book. I wonder why he's so motivated to get me out of Congress.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, guilt by association. I think a lot of them are screaming that all this is just gonna unfairly, you know, suggest that I was involved in criminal activity just because I knew Epstein. I mean, I understand that argument. But they're free to go out and explain that to the general public.
Speaker 1: Correct. I don't think Trump himself is implicated in this. I think a lot of his friends and a lot of donors. By the way, this donor, the billionaire who's giving to the super pac to take me out, is also giving to Mike Johnson and giving to the NRCC. And I think it even for Trump's associations who might be implicated in this, it may just be embarrassment, yeah, are trying to avoid and I think that's not a good reason to withhold this stuff. In fact, I put that into legislation, that you can't withhold things just to keep from embarrassing somebody. We've got to get it all out there. This this has good chance, I think if I can force the vote, which I think I can because I think I'm going to get two hundred and eighteen signatures, which is the threshold. Mike Johnson has two choices. He can either change the rules at the House of Representatives to prevent this parliamentary procedure that I'm using, but he's got to or he can allow the vote. Now, if he tries to change the rules, that actually has to come to a vote, at least hoping the proxy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I was hoping. You would say that if he could unilaterally change the rules and throw a monkey wrench in this, that would that just seems to give him way more power than he should have.
Speaker 1: Well, he can't. He's still got to get two hundred and eighteen votes. But what he can do. He could slip one sentence into a very popular bill, and the one sentence could say we're going to change the rules just to avoid Massy's discharge petition. He could slip that sentence into a popular bill and try to convince all the Republicans to vote for that and change the rules within another bill. But I think this has got enough visibility. The American people aren't going to forget. The victims aren't going away. We're giving them a platform to speak on September three at the Capitol, and people say, well, how do you know they're victims? These aren't random people that we've contacted. These are people who've retained an attorney, and so we went through the attorney of the victims. And there are some who've never spoken out publicly. They may have given private testimony and evidence, but they've never spoken out publicly. And so if they're going to take that step and put themselves out there, I really think we deserve to follow They deserve for us to follow through in Congress and force the release of these files.
Speaker 2: Well yeah, and if you use the word victim, you assume that they're a victim of a crime. And since it's Epstein, we have to assume this is some sort of sexual related crime. Each of those victims knows who they're let's say, molester is. They could name them out loud, they could assume them civilly.
Speaker 1: Yes, And there have been a lot of payoffs, by the way, uh huh from some rich and powerful people there, you know they're couch just civil sort of cases and paid off settlements, but they probably bought silence with that money as well from the criminal charges. And some of these victims may not know the names of the people. They may need the investigators to help figure out. Okay, who was it? On that day. Who was in that room with you? Right, it's not like they've they're Facebook friends or something. Uh, you probably met in a dark place without any exchange of identification.
Speaker 2: Sure well, each factual circumstances, you know, exist uniquely, and you know, I just would like to see some justice on behalf of these victims. And looks like it's fast approaching. We'll keep our fingers crossed. And you know, and I don't think this bears a political stripe congressom Massey, I mean, Republicans, Democrats, I can sort of proceed. Everybody wants this, you know what I mean. This isn't a political issue releasing the Epstein files. Everybody's curious about it. Everybody's got an opinion, and everybody's drawing a conclusion.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, once you know, once you get outside of the belt Way, it's not political, but inside of the belt Way, it becomes political in the struggle for power.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it looks bad. The optics are terrible on this one for the Trump administration. Six eight seventeen will continue with Congress and masters. You talk about recess appointments in the prep Actor Appeal Bill. That'll be next. After I mentioned foreign Exchange, get your imported car fixed for less money and sometimes quite substantially less. Heapload of savings going on in foreign exchange. Whether you have a traditionally Asian or European manufactured imported car or a Tesla, a SC certified master technicians will fix your car. You'll get a full warranty on parts and service. And it's just wonderful how much money you can say by not going to the dealer and going to foreign exchange. Take the Tylers the legs. It off of Ice seventy five to reach the Tyler's or veats the Westchester location. Tylers will exit east. Just a real short take a ride on Kinglind Drive. You're there, Call him up. Tell Brian said hi when you call it, schedule the appointment five one three six four four twenty six, twenty six, six four four twenty six, twenty six Foreign X four in the letter X dot com.
Speaker 1: This is fifty five KRC and iHeartRadio station Quick Channel one.
Speaker 2: Whether it's gonna be muggy day to day, expect rain and downpours a kick in afternoon time eighty six for the high muggy and seventy overnight another muggy dat tomorrow high eighty six and overnight lowess seventy degrees with clear skies seventy three Right now traffic time from.
Speaker 3: The uc Help Traffic Center. The u See Health Backneck and Spine Center offers innovative treatments to improve quality of life with convenient locations across Greater Cincinnatia and northern Kentucky. Learn more at u see Health dot com. Heavy traffic on the highways this morning, northbound seventy five over a ten minute delay between turfy In Town northbound four seventy one backs past Grand Rank White start on eastbound seventy four just after North Bend. Chuck Ingram on fifty five KRC talk station.
Speaker 2: In nineteenth if you've have KCD talk station, Happy Wednesday. Congressman Thomas Massey on the phone, waiting in the wings Judge Ennenapaulatana. He'll be talking about the right to be left alone. He is listening in Congress Massy so he can say good morning to as we pivot over to recess appointment. So I understand this some activity regarding recess appointments going on. Congressman, Yes, this is.
Speaker 1: The most underreported story in Washington, d C. At every time they have a pro forma session in Congress. That's a session where they gabble in, they say the pledge and the prayer, and they gabble back out with nobody in the chamber. They're doing this every three or four days in Washington, D C. For one sole purpose. They are doing this. But every time they do it, I film it, you know, I take the c SPAN clip and I put it on my social media and to explain to people what's going on. What is Congress doing. Why do they send one person to Washington, d C. To grab that gable and in and out in the House in the Senate. It is to keep President Trump from making recess appointments. Now, in twenty fourteen, Obama got his's handsmacked because he tried to do some recess appointments over a very short recess like a weekend or a holiday. Well, the Supreme Court said that's not long enough to do a recess appointment. They assigned sort of this window of what's a recess and what's really not. And so it is precedented in the sense that one party in Congress has kept a different party in the White House from making recess appointments. By having these fake sessions to avoid a full recess. But it's this is unprecedented that you've got the GOP, Mike Johnson and John Dune stopping Donald Trump from filling hundreds of seats he's picked his people. There are hundreds of seats that the Senate went on vacation and did not fill. Now, you know, I'm a strong proponent of three branches ago, and we shouldn't just put a pinion in the fuse box and let the executive branch do whatever they want. Uh. Some people have said the founders put this recess appointment clause in there in case it was an emergency and Congress couldn't get to work, But I think they also I think they also put it in there in case Congress just went on recess and refused to let the president have his appointments. This would give the president an outlet, which is what they have done. The Senate has gone on recess. Now you may ask, why does Mike Johnson, why is he complicit in this?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 1: Because the Constitution says that the Senate can't recess without the concurrence of the House so and or meet. So there they have to work together to pull this off and to keep Trump from making recess appointments. If and by the way, if I if I were president Trump, I would be livid.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm just going to ask you about that because I haven't heard Donald Trump make any pronouncements about this, because yeah, you'd think that would be I mean with Donald Trump, he speaks his mind. Say what you want about him, but you always know what he's thinking. If there's a political enemy out there, either side of the political ledger, he's going to call him out. I mean, you got called out by Donald Trump.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he called out quite a bit. One day. He was attacking Canada and me on social media. We each got three broadsides. Yeah, I said, the difference between me and Canada is Canada will eventually cave, and I think they did on some trade issue. But here's the thing. Congress has had three of these pro formance sessions since we went on recess. So they're trying to and they're pulling it off. They're convening. If I could go there and object, I would, But because they're not doing any real business right, they don't need a quorum, and so I can't make that point when they when they convene and then unconvene. But this is and I'm not saying that Trump should get every appointment he wants in a recess appointment. But here's the thing. If you just did a few recess appointments on some of these more important positions the Dems are blocking, then they might see the light and quit dragging their feet and being so dilatory. When you know the president walis a Republican or Democrat, deserves to get his appointments heard and voted up or down.
Speaker 2: Yeah, vote up or down. He can win block one, block one, but at least have thelevos to actually bring it up and talk about it.
Speaker 1: All right.
Speaker 2: Well, I'm sorry, I'm surprised that Trump hasn't made a pronouncement about this, But you know, tomorrow is another day. Today's another day. We'll see what happens real quick. Here in the remaining minute or so, we have here, what is the prep Act repeal bill all about?
Speaker 1: Congressman Messy, Well, the PREP Act I call it medical malpractice martial law. It's a federal law that overrules every state law with respect to somebody getting their day in court if they got harmed. So right now, because COVID was declared an emergency by Trump's first h secretary, and it's still declared an emergency. You can't sue a vaccine manufacturer. You can't sue a mask manufacturer. You can't sue the room desevere manufacturer. You can't even sue a doctor if they cut your finger off and say, oh, I was trying to give you a COVID treatment or something like. It's so broad. If you slip and fall in a nursing home and they say, oh, we were taking them to get their COVID shot. Oh sorry, can't sue because the federal law overrides all these state laws in one of these emergencies. My PREP Act repeal says, this is not constitutional, this is against the Tenth Amendment, and what we should do is repeal the prep Act and not give a blanket immunity. By the way, they can be full on negligent if they've made a medical product and you die from it. They can be completely negligent, and you cannot get any day in court under the prep Act. So you have to prove they were trying to hurt.
Speaker 2: You intentional intentional harm. So even wilful and want and reckless conduct does not give you a day in court. Correct, Oh my god.
Speaker 1: So that, yeah, Wanton doesn't matter, So we need to repeal this. I've got the PREP BacT repeal. A lot of people think the vaccines are covered under the nineteen eighty six Vaccine Liability Act, and some of them may be now that they're on the schedule, but a lot of this stuff is actually covered under the PREP Act, and that's why you can't get your day in court. And that's why you see people online who are hurt well and they can't get their medical bills paid.
Speaker 2: Considering your constitutional argument, I'm surprised this hasn't been brought up in court along those lines previously. I mean, you know, you could have a court case over it and find that it beyond the power of the federal government to exert this this level of control over people's medical malpractice rights anyhow.
Speaker 1: Well, well, good, Yeah, I'm not sure if it's been tested, but the easiest answer is to repeal this. Yeah. Wait, the President could undo the emergency declaration and take the PREP backshield back off so that people could get their day in court, but he just hasn't yet. Hmmm.
Speaker 2: Well, let's uh, I guess I kind of wonder why maybe the pharmaceutical companies in the medical malpractory medical industry has a lot of sway over politicians. Anyhow. On that note, Congressman Thomas Massey, it's always a real pleasure having you on and look forward to having Judge of Polatano on next. God bless you sir. Keep up the great work and I'll look forward to having you back on the show real soon.
Speaker 1: Thank you, Brian. Give my best to the judge.
Speaker 2: You just did it. Thanks Man eight twenty seven. Judge of Polton are the right to be left alone? Coming up next, First quick word for my friends in Zimmer Heating and air Conditioning keeping Well area homes and the greater Cincinnati area safe, efficient and comfortable. For coming up on eighty years. I always like to say congratulations third generation ownership and operation. They do a great job, superior customer service. Whether they're servicing your system, you're on the meet It's program with the keeping it efficient, or you're getting a whole brand news system because yours went belly up and can't be repaired. That's when you call Zimmer to take advantage of the new carrier comfort system. They'll install with savings for you up to fifteen hundred and fifty dollars, taking a bit of the sting out of having that big expense. So give Chris Zimmer a call for all your HVAC needs. You'd be glad you did. Five one three, five two one ninety eight ninety three five two one ninety eight ninety three. Online it's go Zimmer dot com, fifty five KRC dot com.
Speaker 3: The simply Money Minute is