Speaker 1: Change is coming to a long time Austin establishment and Tricia is up in arms about it.
Speaker 2: We'll tell you about it in just a second.
Speaker 1: Hey, by the way, if you go to our Facebook page JB and Sandy Morning Show, you can watch this segment and video right now if you want to. If you want to watch the video of this, feel free to do that. Just search the JB and Sandy Morning Show on Facebook and you can check it out. Okay, So there's big changes coming to where JB.
Speaker 3: To believe it or not, Dan's Hamburgers Austin institution.
Speaker 2: They're gonna put baked on the burgers now and ruin everything.
Speaker 4: Aren't they Avocado?
Speaker 1: The avocado is going to be on something they're updating.
Speaker 5: So there are four locations.
Speaker 3: I didn't realize that there's a there's a newer one in like Kyle Butda that doesn't need updates because it's fairly new. But they're going to update the older establishments. They're they're getting ready to celebrate fifty two years in business. So down on Manshak if you're new to Austin, we don't pronounce the road in Chaka, we say Manshak. And then also the one on Airport, Boulevard and North Lamar are all going to get revamped. According to Katie Congdon, the second generation owner of the chain.
Speaker 4: I'm going to tell him worried.
Speaker 6: I don't think it needs to be updated and changed.
Speaker 4: They've been exactly the same from day one. They're amazing.
Speaker 6: I think all of the original stuff in there is part of the reason why the burgers taste so good. And probably if they renovated, they're probably going to get new grease.
Speaker 4: It's not going to taste the same. I think this is a mistake.
Speaker 1: New grease band they probably you know what, Tricia, they probably do saying the same thing back when they put air conditioning and.
Speaker 5: Well and everything.
Speaker 1: I've changed everything. It used to be cool. Now I look what they did. They added air conditioning. Burger doesn't taste the same because air conditioning.
Speaker 6: Do you know that to this day? I mean, and I can't remember. There used to be the Dance Hamburgers that I went to all the time was right on Lamar where a man Chack like dead end into Lamar. I think there's like a soup peddler, little tiny building right there.
Speaker 3: Now that dance is a little farther down to Manchack just to beIN white.
Speaker 4: But yeah, right here in the right, that's where it is now.
Speaker 6: But before there used to be when on South Lamar right there by the across from the seven eleven the entrance to go into Barton Hills, and that's where we went all the time. I feel like I edit dance three times a week. And two things that I will never forget happened at that location, which me bringing this up was I'm still mad that that location is not there every time I drive by there. Whoever, in we ago, there used to be a dance right there. It was like thirty years ago probably. My friend Lanceloyd and I were in sitting at one of the booths eating our burgers, and we were playing the football game where you make a goal like this, but we were flicking pickles and we flicked in too hard and they glanded exactly we ended. A ball went over Lance's head and it landed in this lady's hair, and we were asked to leave.
Speaker 4: We got in a lot of trouble.
Speaker 6: The second thing I remember the most about it is my mom and I went there to pick up burgers.
Speaker 4: It was at night. I stayed in the car while she went in to get our order.
Speaker 6: The only seventies in the seventies, only other car in the parking lot was like three over for my where I was parked, and it was a It was a Bentley, like a silver Bentley super fancy car.
Speaker 5: And I was.
Speaker 6: Looking at it, and the person in the driver's seat looked at me, and it was freaking Willie Nelson sitting in the driver's seat because his wife was inside picking up their order.
Speaker 4: And I waved at him, and he waved at me.
Speaker 6: My mom came down and gets in the car and I go, that's Willie Nelson right there in that car. And she looked at him and got so nervous that when she backed, she backed over a curb.
Speaker 4: He laughed. It was very embarrassing.
Speaker 6: But those are two huge memories I had from that location that's not there. I think they need to stay away from changing stuff up. It just causes problems.
Speaker 1: Listen to you ridiculous, Well, trist how do you feel about new establishments of places that people love? Because there is a new BUCkies covering the Taco Sam Marcus, Bobcats, you guys are getting the getting the BUCkies seventy four thousand square foot location one hundred and twenty eight fueling positions.
Speaker 3: I feel like.
Speaker 5: There are enough of them in Texas, but apparently not right.
Speaker 4: And they'll start.
Speaker 6: Telling you about the San Marcus one like way on the other side of Dallas to start looking for it, you know how, They'll.
Speaker 4: Say it for miles.
Speaker 5: It works.
Speaker 4: It's crazy.
Speaker 3: How far you Texan I mean, expanded to other states now, but we've learned to schedule around Bucky stops. Yeah, it has to be going to Houston, you got to stop and bass drop, you know, m hmmm. Going to Dallas, I always stop.
Speaker 1: Tricia, where's the little tiny one that we stopped that once? For Landry's first BUCkies experiment? And she's still experienced and she's still mad about it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, she was in second grade.
Speaker 6: We were taking her to her summer camp inn Avisota and it said that there was a BUCkies. We've been telling her about how amazing BUCkies was all this time. I can't remember what little town it is, maybe getting little past Gettings.
Speaker 4: And we pull in and I was like, yeah, this is not BUCkies.
Speaker 6: It's basically what used to be an old seven eleven, but they put a Bucky sign on it and tried to sell it as a BUCkies. Yeah, and we go in and Landry was like, this is what you've been talking about.
Speaker 5: That's funny.
Speaker 4: It was weird that they were allowed to do that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was a tiny little BUCkies And she was like, what the hell?
Speaker 2: I like, Fuddy, I gotta tell you something.
Speaker 1: The beef jerky section at a real BUCkies is bigger than this one, right, Louling trash Lol, Yes, it is a little bitty.
Speaker 2: Have you seen them?
Speaker 6: What Loling is the big giant new one. There's this is a different one. This is different.
Speaker 2: I'm just looking at the cities that.
Speaker 6: Yeah, but Louling was was just in the news because that's a new one. That's shike in so it is. Yeah, yeah, this one's.
Speaker 1: A little It didn't even get listed on all the mos in Texas.
Speaker 6: I don't think Big Buggies knows that it's there calling himself BUCkies.
Speaker 4: I think it's so small.
Speaker 2: Have you seen the one in Mexico?
Speaker 4: No, I didn't even know there was one in Mexico.
Speaker 1: Okay, so they totally it's has nothing to do with the real BUCkies, right, it's a knockoff in Mexico, and it is hysterical that they even tried to do this.
Speaker 3: Here.
Speaker 1: Let me pull up a photo for you and I'll show you. Hold on here. It is, by the way that we're doing this virtually. Friends, we're not in the same studios, just so you know that. So I'm sharing a screen. You guys are all familiar with that, and I know everybody gets nervous when you share a screen. Jack, I don't want you to see that, but I do want you to see this.
Speaker 5: Smart Amercato.
Speaker 1: It's a little cinder block building with fighting. Yeah, and it looks like they got some kids to paint a beaver on there. And it's BUCkies Two's super Meercato.
Speaker 5: That's fun.
Speaker 2: And they got in big trouble.
Speaker 1: I don't think I got big trouble for it, but they got called out for doing that very very funny. Yeah, shut down. So anyway, there you go. Changes of Dan's Hamburgers are coming. They're breaking ground on the new BUCkies in San Marcos on January the twenty ninth. So if you're yeah, because if you have to go all the way to Houston, excuse me saying, Antonio to get to a BUCkies now, If you're just going to San Marcos, you're in.
Speaker 3: Luck, right, and just opened one this past year in Hillsboro too. If you're doing Dallas, there you go.
Speaker 5: There's two. There's two stops.
Speaker 1: Tricia did something really stupid yesterday. I don't know what she was thinking in the cold weather, but you had to feel pretty dumb when you realized you'd forgotten about it.
Speaker 2: Tricia, if you stay with us, I don't feel dumb.
Speaker 4: You should freaked out.
Speaker 1: You should stay with us. It's coming up on Austin's eighty station one O three point one.
Speaker 4: You're listening to the Sandy Show. Spotlight on.
Speaker 6: Tricia, I am freakishly strung, so I don't have to help you very often to help me move heavy things, but sometimes I do.
Speaker 3: Austin's eighty station on three point one.
Speaker 1: Tricia did something really dumb yesterday. Go ahead and tell people, Tell all these nice people, Tell all the nice people what dumb thing you did yesterday.
Speaker 4: I don't know why you keep saying it's so Tabe.
Speaker 2: I'll tell you it's dumb too. Just tell him.
Speaker 6: So as we know, we had ice storm twenty two twenty five yesterday, right, all right, So my car's out in the driveway, and just to get it warmed up to make sure it still works fine, nothing froze up and messed it up. I remotely started it. I can do it from my app on my phone, which which was unnecessary, super cool, unnecessary that I had remotely started it or started it at all.
Speaker 1: It was unnecessary that you thought you needed to start your car up for its own safety.
Speaker 2: The car was fine.
Speaker 4: Make sure it's fine.
Speaker 5: I got her back so far. I did warm up yeah truck for quite a while yesterday, just to make.
Speaker 6: Sure everything is just flown around just fine, that there were no problems.
Speaker 4: That nothing lusted. Yeah, like it's supposed to both fools.
Speaker 6: So I remotely started it, and then I set my phone down and I was like, I need to set a timer to go back and turn it off or but I haven't.
Speaker 4: I've just kind of discovered the remote start.
Speaker 6: Probably two and a half hours later, I walked by my keys and I was like, oh crap, I never turned it off. I never set a timer to go turn it off. I never thought about it again. It'd been like two and a half hours. It could still be running for all I know. At the moment, I saw my keys, I was like, crap, picked up my keys, and.
Speaker 4: I ran out there.
Speaker 6: Clearly, it only runs for a certain period of time before it turns it out, That's what.
Speaker 5: I was gonna say.
Speaker 3: Usually those remote starts will auto kill after like twenty minutes, fifteen twenty minutes or something.
Speaker 6: Maybe, so I guess, I don't know, but I went out there anyway and started it again to make sure.
Speaker 4: I just didn't just run until all the gas was gone, right.
Speaker 6: I totally could have done that, but I made the mistake of telling Sandy, and now he's, Oh, you're the stupidest person I've ever met.
Speaker 2: But I really shouldn't.
Speaker 1: I really shouldn't say that, because it wasn't that long ago that I left my trunk wide open in a parking garage at the studio all day long, and the back end of it was full of recording equipment, thousands and thousands of dollars of things I've accumulated over the years that someone could have stolen, and my clubs, which I would have really been worried about.
Speaker 2: So I shouldn't give you too much of a hard time. It's easy to do. I'm sorry. You gonna say something I.
Speaker 3: Was gonna say, if this makes you feel better. I once my dad and I were visiting some family in Kansas.
Speaker 5: We went to go.
Speaker 3: Meet up, play some golf, walked back to his car after a full round of golf and some time at the bar.
Speaker 2: Five about six hours, five and a half, six hours easy his car.
Speaker 5: It was a rental. Thank god, it's still running from when he arrived.
Speaker 3: Wow, you would think without air blowing through there or something, even if it's a newer car, you'd think it would just overheat or something.
Speaker 5: Right, just running, just going.
Speaker 2: What'd your dad say?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 5: We just laughed.
Speaker 6: We were just got it and drove off.
Speaker 1: Stercle. I would have loved to see him. Look on your dad. How is your dad? I haven't seen Gary in forever.
Speaker 5: He's good.
Speaker 3: He just turned eighty. My mom turned eighty as well here, so yeah, they're both doing great.
Speaker 5: They're not herey, it's case you're run into one of them.
Speaker 2: Gary.
Speaker 4: How Gary is?
Speaker 2: Gary Hager's eighty years old? I cannot believe that.
Speaker 1: It's always been such a young soul to me, just like one of the fellas. You know what I mean, still a child, Don't worry, it's so you still flirt with every waitress in town pretty much.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I him every time we go eat a Musashino, because Sandy always tells a story that Gary Hager is the reason he knows about the restaurant Musashino, which is our most restaurant.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he turned me on to it. Wait when it was new, when late eighties, early nineties.
Speaker 2: Yeah, probably.
Speaker 1: And I always use your dad's term that you I've heard him say. You use it too when you don't want a whole lot to eat, but you just went a little smecky, schmecky, schmecky.
Speaker 5: That's a German word.
Speaker 2: Oh it is.
Speaker 3: Schmecking is to taste, schmecky, schmecky, just just to fill in the cracks, a little.
Speaker 1: Smecky, just a little shaky perfect everybody. You can use that schmecky schmecky free of charge. Problem A little gift from JB and Sandy. Thank you very much for listening. We do appreciate it. Find us every morning on the radio from six until ten on Austin's eighty station one oh three point one. Ask your smart device to play one O three one Austin. Hey be with us again tomorrow morning. From seven until eight o'clock for the JB and Sandy Our.
Speaker 7: On Austin's eighty station one oh three point one.
Speaker 8: I hear the gums go in tonight, cheers, the whispers of so quiet on the same shower. She's coming in twelve thirty finds please you set at the stars that God fort so bag shine. I stopped to know that along the way open to find somch forgotten words, ragious bad Please.
Speaker 2: He turned to me.
Speaker 8: As if to say, hurry, boy, it's waiting there for you.
Speaker 4: You gotta take the nail for me. A lot of money.
Speaker 8: Man on what ever, I gets the rays down and end for good kind of takes the time.
Speaker 3: To do that thing.
Speaker 9: Whatever the wild dogs cry out, and the night as they grow restless, longing, and you're so solitary, called.
Speaker 8: I know that I must do what's right. Sure as kilimanjero lisse, like o limbus above the sage, I seem to cure what's deed the handside, frightened of this thing that I've become