Speaker 1: Yeah, it is that time, time to make a change. You're listening to Truth Time with doctor Cornell West and Nina Turner. We counted all joy that we are here together today. Per usual, Doc, we are excited. So much going on in the world, in our country and the world. One of the things that are just just on my mind, really really tough is the fact that the Democrats decided to put a taco truck in front of the Republican National Committees headquarters to give out free tacos, and they used the slogan that Trump what was their slogan, Trump Always chickens Out and that spells taco. You know, just thinking to myself of all the things that the Democratic Party could be doing to advance ideas and policies, to stand up for working class people, to change material conditions, to plot and plan, strategize organized. Those are the words of our brother Michael Rinder aka Killer Mike. I don't think putting a taco truck outside of the RNC headquarters with the slogan Trump Always chickens Out it's quite meeting the mark for the needs today. But I don't know, Doc, That's just me. So we'll get to that some other things that are on our mind. But first we got to start with you, Doc. You're in the house, so glad.
Speaker 2: I tell you, yeah, all of this trickery and gimmickry, it's all superficials, vacuity. It's it's empty, but it's a sign of a mag a managerial class that lacks imagination, and it also lacks courage, so it just wants to appeal to the spectacle rather than get at substance. And you can't have substance if you don't have character. You can't have character if you don't have courage, And you can't have courage unless you're willing to take a rich unless you're willing to live and be willing to actually die for something while you live. And if you don't, if you're not moving in that direction, then it's clear that it's just all gimmickry. And unfortunately that characterizes so much of the leadership of the Democratic Party and of course Republican parties, just downright gangsterism, so that we locked into this system of overwhelming corruption. But I tell you this though, that one of the things on my mind. I was up late last night watching the line dancing of the Senior hands dance of Earner's gist there in Virginian d MV, which is you know the Three States. There's something about this line dancing, you know eight o three fresh coming out of Carolina or the Carolina so everywhere. Now you got these folks dance with these boots on the ground. We got their fans waving boots on the ground, and that is for real. There's something very authentic about folk moving their bodies in a groove like way to a music that speaks to their soul. It could be King George, it could be David Scott's your Birthday, it could be Glee roy Allen just talking about I l O V y O U. People are hungry for the real thing in this line dancing, I think is I hope it is a prefiguration of deeper forms of Black people coming together in genuine solidarity, not uniformity, but acknowledging the diversity of voices, but still coming together in order to defend ourselves and determine ourselves. And they affirm our dignity and do it in such a way that we're willing to live and die. I say, now that's it's a move from a line dance to being a freedom fighter. We understand that. But those in the line dance, they free. I was talking down they hit about this last night. They are free, and everybody doing it their own way. You got sisters up in there and moving. Some of them got wig some of them got their natural hair, some all of them dignified, all of them looking beautiful. Some of them eighty years old, and some of them are twenty five. And I give it up the eight o three fresh, because part of his vision is the whole movement is trying to get us back to a deep soulfulness. And soul is the sharing of a soothing sweetness against the backdrop of a catastrophe that's real as a heart attack, that is new as foam and as solid as a rock. Stay you back fall.
Speaker 1: Facky Royman, you're laying it out. I love that, y'all. I love that. Boots on the ground. I ain't tried it yet. I know my my significant other, he wants me to learn that. He said that that's gonna be pretty. He said that's gonna be Oh yeah, you.
Speaker 3: On the ground, dolls man and the hit the We we be doing our little thing, you know, right in front with the earnest just group right there with those magnificent black folks.
Speaker 2: It's just a beautiful thing. And and it's it's it just reverts us back to family, community, tradition, struggle, black joy at all of this despair, you know, damping your fire to put out your soul. No, no, sometimes all you can do is sing a song or crack a smile, a shed a tear, get in the line and just dance with the others. And you don't have to even get necessarily go with the steps. All the time. I see some folk in there just moving with the line. They're just moving, moving with the line. You see.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's a it's a it's a beautiful thing. And finding that joy, you know, joy in the revolution, joy in the work. We got a pause because that's how we keep going. And we know in terms of our ancestors and what they bring, there's like this collective memory of black people. You know, many of us have not been to the continent. Certainly, many of us don't necessarily know where our specific ancestors hail from on the continent. But there is a collective bringing over carryover some of those traditions that we might not quite understand but back when you jextapose our line dancing with what our sisters and brothers and family friends doing over there on the continent, maybe it's pretty much the same.
Speaker 2: You see the yes, absolutely deep similarity overlap strong.
Speaker 1: It's uncanny. I mean, it's almost scary, you know. And we are we are the most emulated people on the planet listening to Truth Time without the corner west And and Nina Turner, we're talking about black joy in the midst of the struggle. You know, earlier this morning we were together doing some things. And you know, yesterday as I was coming you know, my social media, just reading some articles too, and saw this that the Democratic Party was giving away tacos yesterday between twelve and two pm in front of the RNC, and their thing that they're pushing is Trump always chicken chickens out. And so I quote tweeted on top of that, I had to. I had to. I had to. I had to step back for a minute because I wanted to cuss only, but I calmed myself down. I wanted to speak in tongues, you know. I took a step back, and this is what I quote tweeted on top of this foolishness, this nonsense. I said at DNC, no, you know, and I have to put a whole bunch of o's. This stunt further illustrates how unserious are party is, or for others who are not part of the Democratic Party, how unserious the party is. People are starving, people are losing jobs and health care, and y'all playing kid games tricks are for kids? Do I just you know, for a party that has a twenty seven percent approval rating, a party that lost the popular vote and the electoral College. The President Donald J. Trump made him stronger this time around than he was even when he won back in twenty sixteen. I'm just thinking to myself, y'all have not learned any lessons at all. People's health care is being taken with the cuts to Medicaid. Folks work in a gig economy that if it was extra money it would probably be okay. But for some people they got four and five gigs just to string together. We got chaos brewing in the White House, in the Congress, in the Judiciary, and y'all think is proven y'all being the leadership of the Democratic Party to win now they had to pay for this I don't know how much costs a taco truck to give away tacos in front of the RNC, And then they think they doing something that just didn't sit well with me, giving the suffering. Now, if people were doing alright, and most people were doing mighty fine, I still would have thought it was stupid. But in the midst of the crisis that we are in right now, and they think this is cute, They think that this is gonna hurt President Trump, which it is not. It just shows that, you know, maybe it ain't fit the lead.
Speaker 2: Mmm, no, but no, I hear you. I hear you those strong words though it's just I guess it's both sad but to be expected. That vision is lacking, backbone is lacking, spine is lacking in the leadership of the Democratic Party. It's just a fundamental fact. No color, not even a matter of color, because you got some black, white ones, brown ones, and others just want to fit into the established man that wanna be able to act as if you know, all they need to do is just make fun of Trump and they gonna win. Now. If you don't have nothing positive, if you don't have a vision that moving people forward and then all of the little cheap name call is not gonna work. Now, it's truth. Trump is a gangster, he was inophobe, he's a race. We can go on and on and on with that, but you can only say that so many times that where it touches people that want to do something, it is the truth. But you got to say more than the truth. You got to say more than the truth. And in fact, you know, as Melville says, and part of the greatest short story of the American literature named Billy budd Herman, Melville says, truth uncompromisingly spoken, always has jagged edges. So if you're gonna speak the truth about Trump, which it finds, go at his gangsterism and thuggish activity, but that truth is also gonna come back at you. And if all you got to offer is taco symbolically and thaco phonetically, then you ain't got too much to offer. You just don't you read, really don't You got genocide happening and gods the genocide Sedan. You got poverty and Black America, White America, Brown America, indigenous peoples. You got sixty two percent of Americans living paycheck to paycheck. You got increasing violence at home, domestic as well as social people more and more killing each other. Well, they're killing Jews in Colorado, which is sickly. I just I heard about these visious of tax on black folk for swastikas. I mean, all of this xenophytic violence, but tax on Palestinians, tax on air Rabs and Muslims, all this xenophobic violence going on, connected to the economy, connected to the imperial policies abroad, and all you can come up with is selling tax Cole his chicken. He ain't a bitted now, Lord have mercy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that docor and they weren't even selling them, and they would give him.
Speaker 2: Away away for free. Yeah yeah, athetic.
Speaker 1: I mean it's just it's it's it's pathetic. And then another point on that that that brother Ridan brought to our attention that he spotted was somebody making the reference that, hey, democrash, I might want to slow down on that rhetoric because, and I'm paraphrasing you know the story that Ryan told us. But if this man is a neo fascist, and which we we know it is, if he's somebody that's gonna abuse power, why would you poke the bear? You know, and I'm paying Why would you poke the bear and say chicken and out? What is it that you want? You want him to go harder on the foolishness that he's already putting out there. I mean, Democrats, this don't even make any sense. You should be trying to get him to pull back, not threatening his ego, and to say that he always chickens out to talk your thoughts on that, and then you brought up an important point about how the money class and the tariffs and all of that. So the Democratic Party in this duopoly, they got to make up their mind whose side they're on and stop falling for these things that seem cute in the moment, but really do a disservice to both what the Democrats claim they are and want to be, and also does a disservice to the faithful who believe in in this party to do something different than the Republican Party.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, I mean, one of my observations was was that it was Wall Street that first came up with this claim about taco. Because Trump says he's going to push tears, then he changes his mind and pulls back. He says he's going to increase the percentage. Then he pulls it. Then he pulls back, and you see, for Wall Street, it doesn't give it damn about poor people, don't give it damn about working people. All they want to do is push Trump and play with Trump in such a way that the terrors go down so they profits go up. But see, Trump ain't been chicking it out in terms of his vicious attacks on immigrants. He hasn't been chicken it out in terms of his vicious attacks on poor people, cutting back or taking from the poor in order to give to the rich with this beautiful bill. There ain't nothing beautiful about that bill. It's im moral, it's unjust, and it crushes poor and working people. Now I see that he's not chicking it out. He's he's a gangster. He's up front. That's offensive. That's very offensive, you see. And it's offensive in terms of hims functioning to genocide. God, it's offensive in terms of him trying new and invite money from the Arab elitues. Most Araby leagues don't give a dang about their own poor and working people, don't give a dang about Palestinians undergoing genocide. They just living living law, just like trumping in Florida, just living large and so in that sense, I tried to just contextualize that tackle things and it ain't. It ain't poor people saying he's a chicken. No, he's coming at us with pitch forks. We got to keep fight.
Speaker 1: We do. I mean, he's doing what he said he was gonna do how he said he was gonna do it, disregarding what law is. You know, often the so called law and order party breaking all kinds of law, twisting the law to state to them. And I just the lack of depth of the Democratic Party even after I'm gonna use the term that President Obama used when they lost in twenty ten. You know when the blowback, the backlash happened in twenty ten where they lost over a thousand seats both collectively on the federal and state levels, when he said we've been slacked. And for Democrat fast forward and now don't understand they've been selected and they need to think very seriously and very carefully, both how inside that Congress or Democrats represent as electeds and both the apparatus of the DNC, how they come at people, how they cultivate a coalition that can push back against authoritarianism. But no, they're not doing that. All they care about is trying to be cute, and they look they looking crazy.
Speaker 2: They're looking crazy. But they still tied to that big money.
Speaker 1: They that's right.
Speaker 2: Got Oh they want their good billionaires as opposed to the bad billionaires to support Trump, but it's still both parties tied to the billionaire strata.
Speaker 1: Yeah. And I would say a good billionaire or a good multi millionaire is somebody who understands that the system as it is going is untenable, that so few having so much is wrong. First of all, it's not sustainable, and it is wrong. The majority of our economy, seventy percent of our economy is a consumer based economy. So when you have barely middle class people working for all, everybody's in the working class. When you have working class people who do not have disposable income based on the way this economy is shaped, that hurts everybody. Dare I say even though ultra wealthy, I'm saying that because the system as it exists now is not in their interest. Now, I don't believe that billionaire should exist, but since we got a few of them, let's have a strong conversation about having a strong working class that is strong spiritually, mentally, and economically also helps them.
Speaker 2: That's exactly right, especially in the long run, because in the long run it's gonna collapse and everybody goes under. That's right, everybody goes under.
Speaker 1: And god, I just the Democrats just don't They just don't get it, and they like these stunts. You know, the things are coming out. You got a lot of these neoliberals that wouldn't say a mumbling word while President Biden was in office, but now all of a sudden they coming out. You know, his press secretary that now came out and said she going independent. Oh z I mean, oh yeah, god it, Oh yeah, just happened. You're writing a whole book about it. And I'm thinking to myself, her or none of these other people should get a pat on the back. They should be ignored, because I am old enough to remember when this press secretary went off on congress women Rashiita Talib and Bush and called them at horrent and repugnant. Ooh you're talking about yeah, yeah, yeah, Congresswoman Corey Bush. She said this about Congresswoman Corey Bush and also Congresswoman Rashida Tali because they were standing up for humanity, the humanity, the humanity Palestinians. This woman said this in the press room for on behalf of the White House. She had to have known what was going on with President Biden. So to me, people like her, people like Secretary Boutajag, people like Congressman Betto from Texas, they don't get no brownie points from me. No, I agree, they don't get no high five because it does not They are not reflecting courage because they didn't have the courage to say it when it county and they misled the American people. She also got interviewed one time and she was asked, I think she was on Morning Joe, but don't hold me to this about you know, how is the president houses stamina is up for the job. And she pretty much said something like I gotta try to keep up with them. Now she knows she was lying, but now she's about to be rewarded with a book deal. And also she has declared herself now.
Speaker 2: An independent independent Lord help mercy. Ain't got no regard for the truth. What so have.
Speaker 1: Not when it counted not at all? Ooh, y'all, you're listening to the Truth Town. Hold that thought, Doc, We're gonna get to it. On the other side, you're listening to truth Town with doctor Cornell West and Nina Turner. When we come forward, we will continue our riveting conversation. We want to lift up, continue to lift up the fact that KBLA Talk fifteen eighty four years old, the vision of our very own brother, Tavis Smiley and the entire team, because it takes teamwork to make the dream work. The anniversary is coming up. The events plural are fast approaching, and we don't want you to miss out, so please make sure that you sign up now. All of these events are free and open to the public, but you must sign up and all you have to do is go to KBLA fifteen eighty dot com that is k b l A fifteen eighty dot com and sign up. And if you are planning to join us for the celebration and barbecue on June the teenth, we are asking that you bring a gift card of any amount. No amount is too small, of any amount so that those gift cards can be donated to the families impacted by the Austadena fire. People are still suffering, They still need our collective help and our collective love. We can have fun with a purpose, and that is primarily what this and part of what this anniversary is all about. And so we would be grateful for anything, just anything that you can share. But again, make sure you sign up KBLA fifteen eighty dot com. I'm excited. I know you're gonna be there right well.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna be at least a day and a half or so. We're gonna be there for the c span and gathering, and then I've got to run off to Denver, Florida. I think it is. I gotta go to Florida right after that next day, so I won't be there for all of the barbecue and things. I'll be thinking about the barbecue because I don't have nothing against the pig. Maybe I should, but uh, that barbecue he tasted good. I'm telling you, it does.
Speaker 1: It does. I dabble every every now, every now and then, but I try to stay away from the swine as much as I.
Speaker 2: Can't understand that. My Muslim brothers and sisters, they teach me well. But I got some center for pro liberty.
Speaker 1: Me too, dying. My dad is Muslim, so you know, I love your father.
Speaker 2: He's a wise and wonderful man.
Speaker 1: Yes he is. Indeed, we appreciate all of you, so don't forget. Please make sure you sign up and join us on this anniversary lift up. Sen brother tabs a whole lot of love because without his vision, we would not have this platform. He said time and time again how important he believes it is for us to have our own platform so that we can tell our own stories. And after Wise, you and brother Taban, you guys have been doing similar things on and off for a long time. I know you call him your brother.
Speaker 2: Oh indeed, no, it goes back almost forty years. Though. We've been through hell and high water, freezing over breakdancing on the ice and getting ready for the fire.
Speaker 1: Boots on the ground before boots on the ground was wrong at you lie?
Speaker 2: Lie? What in fan?
Speaker 1: That?
Speaker 2: Yes, sir, kicking up some dust?
Speaker 1: Yes, the true Oh yeah, you both exhibited You exhibited courage when very few would you know. So I love you both for it that We're gonna go to our live chat on the tube. We got blessed peacemaker in the house, per usual. Hey, we counted all joy to be doing true together right now. With you all, with you all. God, bless you, Doctor Wes and Senator Turner. Thank you, Blessed Peacemaker. Cultures in the house. We cannot change the system, but we can change how the system affects us. I kind of we can change how the system affects us, but I also believe we can change the system.
Speaker 2: The system. That's why the system targets us because they know we're so powerful, we got strength, and they're trying to make sure that we don't have access to a power and don't have access to our confidence.
Speaker 1: MM that part, but where I know where culture was going with that. We appreciate you. Blessed Peacemaker is back. Senator Turner. I so appreciate you bringing Dr Congo into the conversation yesterday. I have lived and worked in Rwanda with Congogalese family friends. It's the greatest unknown story of our lifetime. Wow powerful, Yeah, oh my God. Bless the Peacemaker again. I've been in the region the last fifteen plus years and would love to help you understand the area. Uh, doctor West has my contacts all right, Blessed peace Maker, try to try to make that, make that happen, and then Blessed Peacemaker. He goes on, have you all seen the film Rise? And that's our ize It is uncanny and downright shocking. How deep the dance move. DNA ties go, Oh my god, don't we know it?
Speaker 2: No, that's very true. But no, he's a wonderful brother there in Africa with his blessed family, and he's been struggling. He was very much part of the campaign as well, and I salute him. I really salute my brother.
Speaker 1: Yeah, me too, Doc. It's been great getting to know him over these months that we have had Truth time on the air, and Blessed Peacemaker, it is uncanny. That's why I believe those carryovers. You know, we have carryovers from our fore mothers and our forefathers that kept getting passed down generation after generation after generation. And so when you see those similarities from us over here in America to the similarities of our sisters and brothers and family and friends on other ports within that Triangle trade, places like Brazil that has the largest number of black people of African descent outside of the continent itself. If you think about the Triangle trade and how it went, you can understand while Brazil would have that much and the places that got the because once the international slave trade closed in eighteen oh eight in the United States of America, we know doct they did the domestic thing, which they forced black people to breede areas where it had not closed. In those areas where you have the direct you have the Africans direct from the continent into these places. And as they their descendants become American or become Brazilian or become you know, Jamaican Hatian, all of that that direct descendancy, they were able to bring some of the things over with them that quite frankly, the white supremacy power structure, enslave and power structure tried to be out of them. But baby, you can't be spirit you can't. You can't be soul out of somebody. And that's what the city similarities show to me. It's spiritual.
Speaker 2: Oh absolutely, there's a level of spiritual and cultural resilience, remembrance, resistance, but also shot through with a dignity and sense of honor because you do it with style, and style is not something get played with. I know my dear brother Wren Brown, Ren Troy Brown, who runs the The Black Theater in Los Angeles. That's exactly what we're going to have, just gathering with Tavis acting Jen Tine is gonna be right there. Brother Wren's theater, Yeah, Olden theater. But he always talks about the centrality of style, and he's absolutely right about that. He got a lot of style himself. Actually. But but style is just not some external ornament, but it's a major imprint on the cosmos of individuals who are rooted in long histories and heritages of people's.
Speaker 1: It's essence. I just it's it's like, you can't you can't really touch it. You can't, you can't totally duplicate this. Why but but you can't. You cannot. So rise is what Blessed Peace make. Our dear brother is recommending that we see uncanny. Uncanny he said, we got more, Brother Morris Phillips in the house. Good afternoon, Doctor Westerson, and the turner Africa is rising. We surely hope. So we need that. Blessed Peacemaker again also soundtrack to a Coup de Todd. He is a fantastic film to explore the deep ties as well. Thank you for these film recommendations, Blessed Peacemaker. We got Stan Williams in the house giving our food in front of the RNC is a kin to Mayor's handing over accused black men to lynch mobs. Brother standy coming through die Wow, brother Stan you you yeah, yeah, Lord have mercy. You You put that out there that is so true. And then brother Williams goes on to lay out there that both the DNC and the GOP I've always served the rich and powerful to the detriment of every day people keep on speaking the truth. Senator Turner and doctor Wes.
Speaker 2: That's beautiful.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that is so beautiful, And each and every one of you are beautiful. Again, we lift up all of you, but special uplift to those who join us on the tube and engage in a chat conversation. Not only would doctor Wes and I, but you all have built a strong community. You're listening to Truth Time with doctor Cornell West and Nina Turner. Yes, we are excited to be doc. We got some more conversation percolating in the chat. Bless the Peacemaker. Also have you seen feminists resisting fascism? Cold Pink Summer School Session one on YouTube. Claudia de la Cruz is tracing the roots of US imperialism really good our school on American Barbara. I haven't seen that, Doc, but I know that's Sister de la Cruise is.
Speaker 2: Cold, cold, absolutely. I would encourage folks to check out with sister Claudia de la Cruise is doing. You know, she's one of the visionary leaders of the People's Form right here in New York City, which is the major center for any kind of serious left commitment, the education and formation of folk ready to think it and fight and and and serve and bear witness to the plight of poor people here and around the world. So I hope people get a chance to check us check our sister Claudia de la Cruises up.
Speaker 1: I do too. A blessed peacemaker said, it's on YouTube, so check it out. And we know that cold Pink is fierce. God, my dear Benjamin, Doc. And they do women, They put their bodies on the.
Speaker 2: Line consistent, year after year after year after year, telling you wow.
Speaker 1: And I just read only saw some footage of me, Dear Benjamin. She was at an event where uh former Secretary Condelliza Rice was that and she took to the stage, her little petite self I don't even know she four five, but she real petite. She she not five five feet, I can tell you that. And she took to that stage and basically admonaged those people for listening to Secretary Rights at least on this particular subject of talking about peace, you know, And she brought up the Iraq War and the things that Secretary Rice was familiar with, was aware of, and definitely, you know, the gall the pure underdulterated gold, the same way I feel about this current for this press secretary talking to stuff about being an independent and they picked her up this black man. I hated that it was a black man. I mean, I don't want to see any man do it, but especially hurt me. He just he just picked her up and got her off the stage. And he didn't push her anything. But I just think he shouldn't have put his hands on her like that. But she constantly faced abuse by men in law enforcement and women of law enforcement pushing up against her body like that in ways that they don't have to. Again, this man didn't push on her, but he just he lifted her up. But I hated to see it. And Doc she was talking all the way off the stage.
Speaker 2: No, she is a towering freedom fighter and I love her. You love her. We've been many many acts together. Uh, she's been to jail a zillion times and uh, and she has a whole network. I mean, she's not just there all by herself, her beloved her wrong, I must say it.
Speaker 1: I never had the pleasure of meeting him, Doc.
Speaker 4: The wonderful, wonderful, but you could imagine, you know, the kind of deep love that's going toward Medea, because Medea is in and out of jail all the time, and he's right there and he goes sometimes as well.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yes, but uh but she's just consistent and it's it's to have that kind of constancy in commitment and longevity of integrity what I was talking about in relation to you just recently. Uh, that's that's very important. That's very important. Times.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I agree, Doc, And listen, somebody got had a bail money. So I ain't mad if Hubby can't go to jail every time. He got to be out there with the bail money. But y'all please go and look at watch Feminists Resistant Fascism on YouTube. Thank you so much for that. Blessed Peacemaker, A conversation. Blessed Peacemaker is wishing at Morris Phillips. My brother and I praying praying you are doing well today. And I, as I said, our audience has conversation around each other, so we praying brother Morris that you are doing well today. Well. We got Sally Jones Double O seven, who said wow, and she also mentioned that we definitely need Corey Bush back in Congress. The way the Congress will and lost, the way they put all that muscle on her, we know that it was not right and she was one of the very few fighters that we had in that Congress. Stan William sorry, Matthew Miller was the press secretary for the State Department under Biden, and I think DOCA recently, Matthew Miller has came out. I think we mentioned him a little bit yesterday saying that it is genocide.
Speaker 2: That's right, That's what I heard, war crimes, genocidals.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I guess we could say better late than ever. And I really mean that. I'm not trying to be flip when I say it. I mean definitely is more important to lift those people who had the courage to take the slings and arrows at the time, the truth tellers ahead of time. But you know, I'm still glad that some of these people are coming forward anyway.
Speaker 2: No, it's true people want to jump on the bandwagon at the last minute because the level of suffering now was such that when you have former prime ministers of Israel calling it genocide attack. Yeah, good god, Mine is not a lot of room left for folk not to understand the war crimes, the level of barbarity and criminality taking place in Goza.
Speaker 1: That is exactly right, Doc. And then we have Darryl Evans, hi, Doctor West, Senator Nina Turner, and mister Evans has a question, what has the black Hawk has done for us black folks recently?
Speaker 2: M Lord, we got a little Janet Jackson. What have you done for me lately? The very question, very good question. We're gonna have to allow them to speak for themselves.
Speaker 1: Amen, Amen, I got nothing. I ain't got nothing for you now with brother Evans, so that should tell you all, Doctor West, and I ain't got nothing for you, So I should tell you all you need to know recently, the keyword being recently. How recent we talking the last twenty years. I don't know how reason, but anyway, I will definitely say that they are nothing like when the Black Caucers was formed and why it was formed. The originators, architects of the Congression of Black Caucus, they knew full well what the mission was. They understood the signment. Not so much now. But what have they done for us black folks recently? I can't even I can't even tell you. And then we have blessed peacemaker, Senator Turner. Madeir has a foot hook technique when she hooks her foot around chairs to prevent being dragged out. If you watch closely, she uses her her body, her her full body. And yes, she can speak all the way out. I ain't know about that hook that technique.
Speaker 2: No, Lord, Lord, Lord, Lord.
Speaker 1: Lord, thank you, thank you for sharing that with us. Now I'm gonna look. I'm gonna look for that technique, doc now when I see her being being pulled out too. Yeah. Uh, she's she's quite a woman. Doctor West and I both have had as Doctor West has been arrested with her. I've certainly had the pleasure of being in her presence at many meetings, and I certainly I hold her in a very high regard, very high regard. Her and her sisters. It's mainly sisters with her and the men who are there. They don't have to do what they're doing, suffering the ridicule having Congress members look down on them, walk away from them again, putting their physical bodies on the line every time they go either to the Congress or to the office buildings and all of that, or when they just go to random meetings like I saw Mada at the other day when she just stormed the stage. That takes a lot, and that type of technique is not for everybody. Everybody has a role to players often say, think of us as a football team or pick any sports you want. Everybody has a position. And I tell you that Cold Pink and so many others of those organizations who are very much anti war, but there is Jewish. She's been called a self hating Jew. She's been called all kinds of names and things from people who say that they believe in a living God or they believe in a higher power, but yet they would do and say some of the things that they've said to her and her colleagues. Again, she's not doing this by herself, doctors you pointed out, but my god, just the bravery. I believe she should win the Nobel Peace Prize. I really do.
Speaker 2: Well, there's no doubt in my mind that it proceeds out of a profound love and care for suffering people. That is idea Thissma Dea Benjamin, and that's that's not as widespread as it ought to be, but you see it in her life. Ain't no doubt about that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you do. And just even the mission of Cold Pink, they often talk about how you know, mothers all around the world, you would not want to send or see your children put in harms weight not just for this war, their anti war altogether other and that there's something piercing about trying to get people to put themselves in the position of the people who are suffering and imagine what you would want community to do and to say on your behalf if you were being abused like that. But this has been tremendous. Docu really really really have. We've talked about black Joy, where those fans at who's telling the ground. He talked about the Democratic Party wasting time, wasting money, wasting energy on you know, messing around with President Donald J. Trump when they should be creating a vision and pushing that vision and trying to win people back over. And it's people like you by which Doctor West and I speak this truth. Truth Time with Doctor Cornell West and Nina Turner. Live your life on purpose, know your purpose and above all, titles are good, but purpose is better. Until next time,