Speaker 1: By Billy Cunning in the Great American and coming up later as Rets manager Terry Francona brought the prospects for the twenty twenty five Reds. And also we have later on scheduled Mowagger to talk about Xavier basketball and what's happening in the in March tournament games and in the studio with me. It's viavek Ramaswami Viveke. Welcome again to the Bill Cunning mshow vivic. How are you good to be here in person this time? And this is unbelieved you're sitting right here.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I love it. Oh, it's better this way.
Speaker 1: Let's get into the issues. You were born and raised to hear Springfield township, even Dale went to Princeton. And the thing that I think many people want to know is why are you running for governor. You're a billionaire, You're connected to the Trumpster, You're at the inaugural right next to the president. You have all the things going for You're a young guy, like thirty eight or thirty nine years old, and uh, and in politics is something that most guys your age don't want to do it. You have him money, you got your family, you got your stuff to do. Dot why are you running for governor?
Speaker 3: He raised some great points, But the reason I'm running is I'm filled with gratitude to our country and to our state. I've lived in American dream at a scale that my parents would have never imagined when they came here to Cincinnati forty five years ago, and I'm on a mission to make sure we can actually pass that on to my two kids and their generation. And I'm worried that isn't going to happen unless we have leaders who actually step up.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 3: Prison Trump is ushering in a golden age for the country, and I'm incredibly proud to watch what he's doing. But what a lot of what he's doing is shifting responsibility back to the states and to the people where it belongs. Look at the shutdown of the Department of Education just last week as a good example. That's a great first step, but it's then going to fall on the states and the people. That's what our founders envisioned to get the job done. So Billy, that highlighted to me that being a governor was the right step for me to make a positive impact on the country, and also to do it in the state where I was born and raised where I'm raising my kids, and my vision for Ohio isn't just for us to be one one of the better states in the Midwest, which in fairness we are right now. I don't want us to be one of the better states in the Midwest. I want us to be the best state in the country to raise a family, to start a business, to create generate wealth and keep that wealth, and to give our kids the same conviction that Neil Armstrong and John Glenn and the Wright brothers had when they grew up in Ohio. That's what I want to bring back. And I think it's going to take a different generation of leadership in the.
Speaker 1: Citevag Ohio is unique on the northern shore with lots of water, southern shore lots of water. We have flat land because of the applies to the seene Age when the Great Glacier came down from the North Pole and they scraped Ohio clean all the way to the Seven Hills of Cincinnati. That's why it's flat. Great farming community. And I see eight major cities. I see manufacturing, I see interstate highway systems, I see public education. Within the sound of my voice got my University, got NKU, got Xavier. You see Indiana, you have Thomas Moore, you have mount S, You got all of these colleges.
Speaker 5: Ready to go.
Speaker 1: But Ohio is losing population and I don't know if there's a GDP in Ohio. I can't imagine it is going up a lot. Is what's wrong with Ohio?
Speaker 3: Well, I would say, at our core, nothing's wrong with Ohio. At our core, we're the greatest state, at the heart of the greatest nation known to mankind. We have the same God given gifts we did when we led the first Industrial Revolution, same fertile farmland, same natural resources underneath our ground, including oil and natural gas in our own state, our geographic position. You think about this way better than Florida or Texas. We've got sixty percent of North America's population within a single day's drive of where you and I are sitting right now. So God has blessed our state with every gift we could wish for to be the leading state in the country. All we have to do is actually start believing in ourselves again. You want to know, you ask me what's wrong. It's a crisis of self confidence in this state. And I think we have every reason to believe in ourselves. There are some changes we need to make. We need to become a zero income tax state. I think we need to bring down the regulatory burden to create new jobs and to build new businesses in the state. But at the core of the natural foundations of Ohio, we have every reason to believe in ourselves. The problem right now is we have a population decline issue. And you talk about jobs, jobs, jobs, you and I were talking about that before.
Speaker 2: I agree with that.
Speaker 3: We don't have enough good people who are able to fill those jobs that new businesses may bring to our state. And here's why. Part of it is we have a fertility issue. People are having fewer kids in our state. Part of it is when they do have kids, those kids go out to other states once they get education here to live their American dreams somewhere else. That creates a demographic issue where we have Actually the death rate is going up with an older population and younger people leaving the state. We're number thirty eight now within people moving in versus out Texas thirty eight. Yes, Florida's number one. Texas is number two. We are number thirty eight. Billy in twenty twenty, we reached an all time low at that time. Now it's even lower for our fertility rate. We have more people moving out of our state than in. We're one of the only red states that's in that category. That's got to change, and it's got to change.
Speaker 5: Educations and crisis.
Speaker 1: You went to Princeton, Yes, I read in the newspapers that if Princeton fails the levy in a month or two, they're going to shut down two elementary schools, one of what you probably went to. It's also had the money.
Speaker 3: It's very personal to me, so Roberty Lucas Intermediate School RELIS out in Sharonville. I went there for sixth grade at a magnet program. Relis shut down. RELIS doesn't exist as a school today. And actually, I mean the teacher there, Missus Kenney, she changed my life. She passed away a couple of years ago in an accident, but she was somebody who saw potential in me that I didn't even know I had, lit a fire under my feet, got me to work harder. I credit her for my journey in living the American dream in the way that I have. But we're not getting teachers like Missus Kinney anymore because there is no meritocracy in compensation. Right, I've lived the American dream. You have Donald Trump, Elon Musk, you could have a wide range of bezos, Bill Gates. They've all lived the American dream. And that's great, that rags to riches story through business. But I think the question we got to asked Billy is do we really think a public school teacher in the year twenty twenty five in the state of Ohio can live the American dream?
Speaker 1: And we don't make enough money?
Speaker 5: Right exactly right now?
Speaker 2: The answer to that question, sadly is now.
Speaker 1: Five thousand dollars.
Speaker 2: It's unbelievable. That is the starting side.
Speaker 3: It's a little under forty five thousand dollars the average starting salary for a new teacher across America, and this is true in Ohio too. That's got to change, but we've got to do it according to a meritocracy, which is what we don't have in our public schools. The best teachers deserve to be paid a lot more than they are right now, as determined by parental assessments. Parents know whether their kids are really getting that right educational experience or not. Peer assessments right, even principles and other teachers in the school know who's doing a good job, who's carrying their weight, and who isn't. And then also we got to look at the proficiency of our students. I mean, right now, seventy five percent of eighth graders. Just to think about this for a second, three out of four eighth graders are not proficient in math. That's unacceptable. You got kids in China, on average, are four years ahead of their counterpart in the US. What does that mean a seventh grader here is performing at the same academic performance as a third grader in China. That doesn't work for me. I'm speaking as an Ohioan, as an American, as a parent. Well, here's how we're gonna do it.
Speaker 4: Well.
Speaker 3: First of all, bring back the best teachers in meritocracy in our schools, roll up our sleeves and actually get into the curriculum, re emphasizing math, reading, writing, and critical thinking instead of a lot of this sel dei indoctrination, victimhood, psychology, reward performance. Get the cell phones out of the classroom, amen. Bring back physical education which helps mental health at a young age. Starting pe in kindergarten. Bring back the presidential fitness test that you and I both had when we were going through school. Yes, that includes the pull ups I did mind this morning, I promise you. And that doesn't mean it's going to be for everybody passing in the same way, but it sets a standard for what you actually want to achieve. Think about civic education. We're totally missing civic education today. I think that every kid who graduates from a high school in this state of public high school should have to pass the same Civics test that every legal immigrant has to pass before they become a naturalized citizen. That's something we should expect of our high school seniors, at least before they graduate from high school. I want the Pledge of allegiance every morning with a moment of silence to allow kids to fill that vacuum of purpose and meaning in their heart, emphasize actual achievement, and reward it both for the teachers and for the students. It's a culture of achievement that I want to bring back to our educational system. And I still think we have time. We can write this ship, we can turn this around. I want to lead Ohio Billy to be the top state in the country and in the world to give our kids that world class education.
Speaker 1: Algosoms years ago. I can recall a big Intel plant. It was going to generate tens of thousands of jobs in and around Columbus, much fanfare. Intel the CEO is now fired. Came I'm told there's billions of dollars worth of infrastructure inside the ground. You can't see what happened to the Intel plant in central Ohio.
Speaker 3: Look, I want to be blunt about this. It's a disappointment that it's on a five year delay now. The timeline that we were supposed to have started seeing chips being produced to that factories pushed out for five years.
Speaker 2: There's a lot of reasons behind that.
Speaker 3: My goal is not to curse the darkness, or to blame anybody who came before me, or to blame anybody on the outside. My goal is how do we actually fix Ohio to make sure that the commitments that are made to our state are actually followed through on a timeline that serves the people of our state as well. I also, as the governor, want to ask companies, frankly, what can we be doing better as a state in terms of our regulatory burden, cutting red tape, cutting the tax burden, cutting the tax burden, and also putting more money in people's pockets that improves the workforce issues that we have in our state. So part of this is the next governor of the state. I'm not looking to blame anybody else. I'm looking to look ourselves in the mirror and say, what can we be doing better to make sure that something like this doesn't happen again. With five year delays baked in at the last second for when they're supposed to have been producing instead of being pushed out five years.
Speaker 2: Is that a good thing?
Speaker 4: Now?
Speaker 3: I'm disappointed about it, but I'm also going to make sure that we fix the issues that stop the companies from being able to follow through on those commitments as well.
Speaker 1: Veg Ramaswami. A few months ago, the powers that be told me that you went down to Amar A Lago and met with President Trump and he kind of wanted you to run for the Senate. He wanted to appoint you to the Senate, to the open seat of JD Vance and you start work tomorrow, start work on Monday, and you looked into the eye and said, let me think about it, and you came back and said, no, I do not want to be a US Senator and he said what why? And then you said, I want to be governor. And then the guy pigeonholed to be the next governor senator. Now, John, you said, went went down tomorrow, lag go with with Governor DeWine And he had to be talked into running for the Senate because the appointment was tomorrow. Why did you turn down the US Senate seat of JD Vance to run for a position that's like almost two years away as opposed to taking the Senate immediately.
Speaker 2: Well, look, I think that at a high level.
Speaker 3: First of all, I want to thank President Trump for setting such a good tone from the top. He won with a decisive mandate that he's now delivering on, and I'm optimistic about what he's going to accomplish. He and I have had some great conversations over the years and over the last year in particular, and what I shared with him is, like him, I'm an executive, right. I like to get things done, not just through the sausage making of being you know, one of one hundred. So it wasn't really my vision. But at the same time, I told President Trump, I was open to serving this country and whatever way would have a biggest impact. He asked me, in my heart, what was that for me, And in my heart, it was to be the next government of the Senate. They are you can get a lot done. All I do is talk and give great speech.
Speaker 1: And you go to speech, you're fine, but you don't get anything done when you're the govern I've been in the governor's mansion, I've had dinner with them, and you can actually order or demand something happen and it occurs. Is that the reason for.
Speaker 3: Me, it's about exactly the idea that you're going to see the impact that you have. Right my older son is going to be in high school by the time I'm done with two terms as governor. To me, the ability for him to grow up in a state where the changes that we made to this state, the positive changes, is something that my kids in their generation are going to grow up in and I can see that impact even on a daily basis. To me, that's rewarding. I'm also somebody who believes in action. Actions speak louder than words. Okay, there's a lot of people who can, as I said, curse the darkness. There's fewer who can actually create value and get things done. I'm a businessman. I've built multiple successful businesses. I know how to select great people, put them in positions, and give them deliverables and actually expect hard results. I think we need more people who are in the private sector to take their time in public service to lead as executives, and particularly in this state, we have such an opportunity Billy, first of all, to just start marketing Ohio to the rest of the country. That's something that frankly, I believe we have room to do a lot better on. There's a lot to love about the state. We have a beautiful northern coast, a beautiful shoreline. We've got a national park in this state. We've got the Ohio River to the Mississippi, the same Erie Canal to New York City, a great geographic position. We got to market that to the rest of the country where people don't even know about the gifts that Ohio has, the oil and natural gas underneath our ground. When I go travel this country and talk about Ohio in that way, it's eye opening for people. In fact, there's even people I've met since I've started running for governor. People from New Jersey to South Carolina, to Texas to Florida who have told me personally they are already starting the process of moving back to Ohio because they expect me to be governor and to deliver on the changes that I'm actually running on.
Speaker 1: When you get rid of the income tax, Indiana wants to do it. Many states. I think nineteen states don't have a state income tax, and you'll lower the property tax, especially for seniors income How do you pay the bills?
Speaker 2: So first, so there's eight states there's zero income tax states.
Speaker 3: If eight other states have done it, I want Ohio to be next on the list and to lead the way. Property taxes, we got it. They've gotten way too high in the state. I mean, the truth of the matter is if you're paying as much on your principal repayment of your mortgage as you are in your property taxes, it makes it feel a heck of a lot, like the land that you own is really just a lease from the government, and that's unjust. Okay, So we got to put a cap on both those things. How are you going to pay for it? Well, the number one answer is the economic growth that you drive through our state. That's gonna increase our sales tax revenue. That's gonna increase the other revenue flowing into our state's bottom line as well. And the other thing, Billy is, let's be really honest. Are we wasting a lot of money in areas where we shouldn't be. The uncomfortable answer to that question is you know it, Yes.
Speaker 1: Four letters doge four letters Ohio. Well, you bring DOSEE to Ohio.
Speaker 3: And the way we're going to do it in Ohio, I want to be clear about this, is by putting more money in people's pockets. That's what bringing it to Ohio means is take the money that's being wasted on things that don't affect your life and quite literally put it in the pocket of Ohioans. Put it in the bank account of our kids that can, with the benefit of compound interest, allow them to graduate with six figure graduation gifts when they get out of high school if they've actually had that money compounding. And we're going to come out with some very specific solutions on this, Billy in the very near term. But bringing down the income tax eventually down to zero, bringing down the property tax burden are examples of ways that My vision for the state is take the money that's being spent in ways that don't help your lives to put it in your pocket where it can help your lives. Create an economic boom in the state of a kind that we haven't seen since the Second Industrial Revolution, and have a population boom in this state, so we can have not only jobs, jobs, jobs, but jobs filled, jobs filled, jobs filled right here in the state of Ohio.
Speaker 1: How do it? Lastly, how do we judge you? Say you're elected, your way up in the polls like thirty percent, you have all the endorsements of every everyone that matters in the state of Ohio. If I you and I together in four years, I just signed a four year contract extension. Yeah, if you and I together in four years, how will I judge reveg Ramaswami on whether or not you succeeded.
Speaker 2: That's a good question. So it's not just the GDP growth. We'll have GDP growth.
Speaker 3: The metrics I want you to judge me on are the number of people moving into our state versus out of thirty eighth, not thirty eighth. Right now we're number thirty eight. Florida's number one. Texas is number two. I want Ohio to be number one. That's how I want you to judge me. We're one of the few red states that has more people moving out than in. That will change when I'm governor. So I want you to judge me on the number of people moving in versus out, the number of kids born into families in our state, the number of those kids who go on to remain in our state to pursue their American dream in our state of Ohio. Those are my metrics, and I want to lead this state to be not just one of the better states in our region. I want to lead this state to be the top state in the United States of America on those metrics. And to those who say that's too ambitious, you know what, it was not long ago that Ohio was that state at the turn of the last century. That was us in the nineteen fifties, that was US when six of the top fifteen wealthiest cities in America were right here in Ohio. I want to be the governor that restores Ohio back to greatness, not just to be a regional leader, but a national leader so our kids can be proud of it and can live the American dream. By staying here instead of leaving.
Speaker 1: Have you spoken to Mike DeWine.
Speaker 4: I have.
Speaker 2: I've got to know him.
Speaker 1: How's your relationship with him? Good?
Speaker 3: From my standpoint, I've got to know him. I look forward to building on the foundation that he has laid. Look, there's a lot to like about the early movement towards economic development. So you're going to hear from me, Billy, as I leave this state, nothing but praise for the good parts of what my predecessor left me. I want to build on those foundations. But it's about where are we run in two where are we leading this state? We want to chase the future while respecting the past. Incredibly grateful for the positives of what Mike Dwine and John Houston and hopefully now Jim Tressel are accomplishing. I have nothing but praise for their love of this state. I want to build on the foundation they've laid, but to take this far further, and frankly from him and others who have come before me, if they have great advice on how we can be successful.
Speaker 1: To play tennis, Yes, I used to a ball boy there, so I was at I was running.
Speaker 3: Around collected balls when I was when I was in great school here.
Speaker 2: We were all at the towel boy. Yeah, and occasionally the players would be nice. They would hit with us as well.
Speaker 3: I played tennis at Saint X growing up, so we would occasionally be hitting balls and warming up the players.
Speaker 2: Last year I went and I take my kids down there. Now every year.
Speaker 3: I got to warm up with Ben Shelton and a couple of the other American guys who were playing there. Yeah, he's a good player, so he and I hit some balls in the warm up courts. So I'll be out there again.
Speaker 5: What's your west Side?
Speaker 1: If people need to know where you're going to be and what your thoughts on are more concrete fashion, what's your epsite?
Speaker 3: Sure, go to vivekefour Ohio dot com. That's vivat for Ohio dot com. And my message, frankly, if you're a Republican or a Democrat, I don't care learn more about this campaign because I'm not in this to just lead the Republican Party of Ohio. I want to lift up every person in this state, black or white, Democrat or Republican. If you care about educational excellence and economic excellence for your kids, then we're on the same team. We got a seat for the we got a seat at the table for you, and we're going to lead the entire state and unite the state going forward.
Speaker 5: Thank you very much.
Speaker 1: Communication Open Bill Cunningham News next at show of the Red's News Radio seven hundred wlw H Right, Billy Cunningham, the great American. And you get around certain characters and think, you know what, that guy's got it. Whatever it is, veg Ramaswami has it and politically it reminds me almost of the Kennedy so when they, of course were alive and they inspired young folks to do special things. And it's wonderful and I'm glad that he turned down the opportunity serving the US Senate. He'd be one of one hundred as the governor of Ohio, who'll be one of one and we need that and badly. And I love this tet. I love where I was born, born in Covington, raised here. I think it's wonderful to have a guy who's a multi billionaire who wants to take his talents and bring it to the state government in Ohio. Open up the windows, let the fresh air roll in, so we'll see what happens. Down the road right now. David yost Is, the Attorney General, also announced he's going to run for governor. And also Amy Acton, Yes, Amy Acton, that's same doctor. Amy Acton wants to run as a Democrat. Good luck with that. Of course. Out there in the hinterlands, you have Shared Brown et cetera. Who is the He's in his seventies, he works at Harvard, and he may run for governor against Vivek Ramaswami, which would be a pretty clear differential between the past and the future. And Ohio, I know, is perceived as being similar to Pennsylvania or Michigan, which it is not. We're much better positioned for all kinds of reasons, and we're kind of spinning in the mud here and drive and we need to go forward and I think vive Ramaswami is the guy that can do that. But let's see down the road what occurs. The primaries not until May of next year. And he did go to Sant X High School. I think he tried to get into Deer Park but had residency problems. Went to Sant X High School and twenty five years ago he was the ictorian. In fact, if you go to YouTube. You can pot up his speech and take a look at what he said twenty five years ago, and he came out of Princeton, went to of course grade school in Princeton. Now, Princeton's got terrible problems at SCPs. About half of our school districts are in terrible condition because of the behavior of the students. The fact that money doesn't solve the problem of human behavior. When seventy percent of the black boys in Cincinnati are chronically absent, and those numbers are rising in every racial agenda group, we got a problem. And no states better positioned than Ohio to participate in the greatness of the Trumpet administration moving forward because of our geographical location and the fact that we have everything in this state that represents the United States of America. In fact, if you want Ohio, you win the nation. We have large cities and small cities, We have villages and township governments, we have farming communities, we have natural gas and oil. We got it all right here, and we're doing the best we can, but a bit we need a new direction. And I give Mike to Wine lots of credit for landing the Intel situation. And almost as soon as that happened. Intel started having problems because they weren't as connected to AI as other companies were. And so there's a couple of billion dollars of infrastructure in the ground, but now it's a five year weight. When I talk to those involved in the project, they will tell you this is through the Chips Act out of Washington, and DC's helping out a little bit with the financing, etc. But in order to get a job in the chip factory in central Ohio, they have all these DEI prints. It's hard to find Mexican electricians in the right numbers. It's hard to find disabled individuals who want to get on the roof. It's hard to find those who are deaf or hard of hearing whatever to have jobs. So in order to work on the project, your employees have got to be in certain sexual or racial categories in order to get the job. So I know the governor in the state of Ohio went through a living hell for one or two years to try to find small businesses that can work on the project, but did not have the right racial composition of their business, or the right enough lesbians or enough gay men, or enough those in wheelchairs. Whatever it might be and so they tried, and they kept delaying it and delaying it and delaying it because they couldn't let contracts because DEI requirements were not made. Now that's a problem. I don't care if they're all black, all white, all gay, all straight, whatever it is, get the job done, get the best person available, and get it done. And urban pub education, whether it's Covington or Cincinnati or Dayton or Columbus, they're terrible schools with lousy results. And the reason isn't money. In fact, it costs more per student at Taft and Achein than that it does it Mull or Saint X. But the problem is lack of parental involvement, a lack of a light at the end of the tunnel to work toward every day. And I don't know. When you have terrible, lousy parents producing children that are completely dysfunctional and can't read, it's pretty difficult for government to fund its way out of that crisis. And we're at a crisis. Those teenagers and those in their twenties or thirties right now are in a terrible crisis in this country. It's not like not been like this before. It's awful, it's a lack of family formation. It's the idea that I have nothing to live for. It's a fact that I can't support a family on one income. It's a fact that abortion has become a sacrament. It's a fact that in liberal circles, it's the fact that we multiply divide, subtract an ad based upon gender or race, when it should be qualifications in merit. Soever, a guy of Indian extract, if I'm going to use that term of ak Ramaswami, his parents, who are both highly educated, came here forty five years ago. He was born here about thirty nine years ago and come out of that Princeton School district to become the governor. That's pretty good and it makes a big difference. And his national and international connections can do for Ohio. What the Trumpster's doing for this country. I saw on one website, I think it was Breitbart, the number of large companies that are going to locate in America over the next two years because of the tariff situation. That is, they want to come here, and they can't afford to pay twenty five percent extra on product shift into this country. They rather make them here. So if these billions and billions of dollars are coming from Washington for education goes to the Department of Education.
Speaker 5: Needs to go away.
Speaker 1: By any fair metric, try to describe what the Department of Education does in Washington with hundreds of billions of dollars, hundreds of thousands of employees pushing paper back and forth.
Speaker 5: They don't do it.
Speaker 1: Rubbert never hits the road. Take a chunk of that dough and send it to the state capitals. Sendat to Frankfort, Senator Columbus, send it to Indianapolis, and say, Okay, here's an extra four billion dollars a year. What will you do with that? Report back to us what you're going to do. And I want that money in the hands of a ag Ramaswami. I got an extra four billion. How do we make the schools better? I think it begins with paying teachers more money. Money is a factor in almost everyone's life, and for a starting teacher to make forty four thousand dollars a year makes no sense to me at all, zero sense. It ought to be one hundred thousand dollars a year for a good teacher. I ought to be one hundred thousand dollars a year for a good cop or a firefighter, paramedics. People like that should make serious money because they do serious things and this hall can change. And so when the money's returned to the states for public education or for infrastructure projects, I want a businessman like the ak Raamaswami accepting that money, having the right kind of cabinet officials hold them accountable and bring the principles of DOGE to the state of Ohio and say, okay, we're wasting. I don't think there's much waste in state government. I'm sure there's some, not like the Feds. Hell GAO tells me that every year there's five hundred billion dollars of the federal budget, which is about the federal budget is about four and a half trillion, so that's about ten percent of the federal budget is waste, fraud, and abuse. They don't know where the money went. It's gone and no one ever says what happened to this billions of dollars? Where are they? And secondly, the Department of Defense every year has a budget about nine hundred billion dollars. At least ten to fifteen percent of that is completely wasted. They can't pass an audit. How do you operate a business like Jeff Beckham a great trucker, How do you operate a business when you have no idea where the money's going. They have no idea if they've received the money, there's no audit going on. How do you conduct a business? That's the United States government. So when the Trumpster wants to change things, to say, will we have to have accountable results. We have to know where the money's going. You've got to get results. What results comes out of the Department of Education, for God's sakes in Washington, The answer is none. The longer it's in business the Morris cost with less results. We have one of the worst public education systems in the world, and we spend the most for it. Great bulk of kids come out of public schools like at CPS or Covington or Dayton. Danny from Dayton knows about this. Who can't read and write? There's no such thing as a failure. If you can't read and write as a third grader, that's a catastrophe. You might recall that Bush forty three had a guarantee that every fourth grader can read, and then nine to eleven happened, and we went on some other track trying to save the people of Iraq in Afghanistan, which was a total debacle. And so I can't accept the fact that my home area, Ohio, Kentucky, Indiana continues the lag behind every other state. Didn't I know we were bad, but thirty eighth as far as inflow and outflow of population, and I would think Kentucky and Indiana is in the same category. It's not good. There's no reason for this. It can change. We don't have to accept the status quo as being bad. We can look toward the light of a better day. And so I have hopes in Washington now, and of course I have hopes in Ohio, and there is no hope in Kentucky with Governor Bashir. That's why I want Rob Sanders at Kenton County to run for governor and or senator and bring dose principles, hold government agencies accountable. You got to show up to work. I work with giants and broadcasting. We show up to work. Dave Keaton is here every day, Tony Bender's here every day. DJ Hodges here every day. Joe Frederick is here every day. Jack Crumbley's here every day. We have to get to work and just make sure we live. We leave to the next generation a better nation given to us, and I'm not I'm not sure that's the case. Fact, I'm sure it isn't the case. So we need new leadership and we need to move forward. A let's continue with more. Coming up Plater will be moe Eger. Coming up later will be Wayne outen Root about columns he's written about what's happening in Washington with tariffs and with the judges. You know, I sleep with a judge every night. She's my wife. And the judicial insurrection is worse than I think it is. That judges somehow have given them the self the power to control foreign aid, foreign relations, diplomacy, military matters. There's some ridiculous number. I think it's a well over two hundred lawsuits have been filed, and there's been fifty to sixty injunctions issued by liberal federal judges, which should have not the weight to stop an entire government because of their opinions. We should have US Supreme Court and even that or many legal scholars who will tell you that the Constitution doesn't provide for judicial review. And beginning at eighteen oh three, Chief Justice Marshall gave it to the courts to determine these issues. It's been two hundred and twenty two years since that ruling. But we can't have local district courts stopping the entire diplomacy and the military of the United States of America. When one could go down the hallway to a different district court and the same building and get a different ruling of a different injunction, that's chaos. And the person telling you that is not the great American it's Justice Elena Kagan, the liberal Democratic appointed US Supreme Court justice from Harvard. She said a few years ago, we've got to stop the idea that local district court judges can issue nationwide injunctions. That's not their jurisdiction. And Ohio, the Southern District is the last bottom half of Ohio. That's it. And we've gotten into this practice or policy. One of eight hundred district court judges coming up with their own thoughts about diplomacy, about terrorism, about the military, and about four and aid. They want their own policies. This is ridiculous. Let's continue with more the line becomes available, which it never does five and three, seven four, nine, seven thousand, Bill cunning In The Great American Reds. Baseball kicks off on Thursday, and we'll see what happens with the Reds. They're picked to finish second or third. We have a great jockey, now we need a good thoroughbred. And Francona is a pretty good jockey, but he needs a big horse beneath him. And there's a sense if Stevenson comes back and Steers come back, maybe this is going to be a better year than past. And I think most pundits have the Reds winning eighty two to eighty three games this year. By the way, the over unders about seventy nine and a half. We'll see what happens. Toll fifty four Home your Reds. Here's Radio seven hundred WLW. The Cunningham The Great American of course, way Linen Route is in Las Vegas and the Walk of Fame. Root for America dot Com is the website, the TV show, the commentaries and so much more, and it was the site in Las Vegas. I think maybe Bernie Sanders and AOC and others picked Las Vegas because of Wayne Allen Root a couple of days ago. Wayne Allen Root, Welcome again to the Bill Cunningham Show. And first of all, before we talk about your stuff about Chief Justice Robertson Moore and also about federal judges on the payroll of China, et cetera. Well you did you take offense at what happened in Las Vegas a few days ago?
Speaker 4: Well? Yeah, I mean, Vegas has never been a really political town. It really hasn't. I mean, thank god, we just won Nevada for prison Trump for the first time. But it is not an overtally political town. And when I say that, what I mean is there's never been the you know, the swat raids by the FBI, they never came after people like me that. They never had the BLM riots that other cities had. We had a couple of little tiny protests with like fifty people marching down the strip. Nobody tried to set fire to a casino. They knew they they get met with crowbars and baseball backs. So they don't do things like that in Las Vegas. So we really haven't had a lot of political unrested, no antifond, no BLM here. It's pretty safe place to be a political, a politico as I am. I've never had one person in my whole life. Ever come up to me in Las Vegas and say anything other than, oh my god, way rude, I love you.
Speaker 6: That's it.
Speaker 4: Not one person that's ever said I hate you, I can't stand you. You're you're a you know this that a fascist? You know I Hitler with Trump. Never has anyone ever said a negative word to me in Las Vegas. So it was really surprising that we had this Tesla attack of a service center here and they tried to set you know that tried. They did set fire with Molotov cocktails, and they shot bullets into tesselas. It's the first time. And I'll tell you what I think it's a sign of It really hasn't have to do with Vegas as much as it's just everywhere. Now. I think we're headed for a real summer of burning. I really do think Democrats have lost their minds. They know that they can never win another election if we take away their money, and their money is from government in other words, USAID and the CIA is less Fund and all these other govit aincies they're all hiring, all the Democrats and all the liberals, and all the commedies. They give them jobs, they give them government contracts, they give them green energy deals, they give them overseas money, and then they loot it, steal it, launder it, send it back to the United States to be used for all these vicious groups like antiphon BLM. We just found out today Obama was literally stealing money at USAD. USAID was supposed to go foreign countries and instead it was being used to train antiphon BLM activists to cause violet riots in the United States. I'm telling you Bill, their money is being cut off by Donald Trump. And then you looked at Act Blue, that's their biggest fundraiser for every Democrat candidate. He's killing Act Blue. All of them are resigning because they know they committed money laundering and fraud. Because I've always argued Act Blue is all foreign donations, illegal foreign donations from China and the Mexican drug cartel. That's what's stealing our elections. So if Trump can cut them off of the knees, they've got no money anymore. So they're getting increasingly hysterical, panicked, and desperate, and it's turning to violence. And right now it's all aimed at Elon Muskin Tesla. But I think this summer as soon as he gets hot out in people's tempers flair. I believe you're gonna see a summer of you know BLM type riots, except this will be much worse because they got all the illegals who don't want to be deported, and all the people that have lost their jobs, you know, their lazy, non essential jobs in government. All these people are being mobilized and weaponized to go against us. So expect a very dangerous summer. That's what my gut says.
Speaker 1: In fact, I you know this is you know this march. Let's face it, we got some ugly times ahead. The federal judiciary has taken on roles no one ever thought. I didn't think a federal judge like Bolsburg would have some sort of foreign policy. You take the federal judges, take the mainstream media, to take the college campuses, Your alma mater, Columbia is completely lost its way. It's going to spread thither and fro. What Israel's doing and Gaza right now to Moss must be done because they have to win the war. You can't allow a Moss to exist after what they've done. In fact, most of the instrumentality of America is one hundred percent in favor of a Moss, one hundred percent in favor of the Democrats. And I watched George Clooney, who by the way, is from Cincinnati, course, and he's got this big Broadway show going on in which he plays Edward R. Murrow going after McCarthy, and he's going to use that as a platform to go after Trump because of anti democratic principles. And he's the guy in July that wrote the story that says Biden's got to get out of office when he was democratically selected by the Democrats during the primary season. So the Democrats don't like democracy. When Republicans win. When democrats win, that's democracy. When Republicans win, that's ani democratic. Give it to the agencies, give it to the federal judges to make decisions. That thing can't stand no.
Speaker 4: And I listen if you watch my TV show, and by the way, you can find all my TV and radio shows and everything I do it Roots for America dot Com. That's my command center and center and everything is there Root for America dot Com. But I see all the time that we've got it. Number one, Trump has got to get tough and he's got to arrest people. This has to be Trump two point zho. The same way that you know his victory was Trump two point zero, it's also got to be his mindset two point zero. And I'm telling you, my gut says, we do not win this battle and save America and make America great again and make America prosperous again unless you start arresting the bad guys for treason. You know, like when you find out that Obama has stolen money and redirected foreign money to train radicals in the United States anti fab BLM to burn things down, then you go around Obama. When you do a forensic audit of Judge Boseburg, you will find that he's on the take, in my opinion, from China or the CCP or the Mexican drug cartel. These judges are dirty. You could see it, you could smell it, you can feel it in your gut. Nobody would be this desperate to say, let's turn around a plane filled with miscreants who have tattoos from the top of their body to the bottom of their toes, who kill people with shanks in prison. Nobody would send turn around a plane and send them home. Because we love them so much. Something's mentally wrong with these people. My opinion is a mixture of liberalism is a mental illness. So it's a mixture of insanity mental illness, and they're on the take. They're getting paid for the open border. So you gotta start arresting people. You gotta do forensic audits, you gotta get tough. And then my real idea, which I ended my America's Top Ten show yesterday morning. My number one story of the week was my idea which I texted to President Trump. I texted them on Thursday night and I said, listen, here's my opinion. I think you win with the judges by declaring war but not declaring war on the judges, declare a border war. This is no different than Ukraine. All the Democrats love Ukraine so much. We've been invaded by a foreign enemy out to destroy our country. So instead of just saying, okay, the Mexican drug gangs are you know, officially now they're designated as terrorists. All that's fine, but you didn't say you're going to war. Declare war. You got a Republican House, you got a Republican Senate. You better be able to get them hurted and be able to convince them to go along and back you, and declare the Great American Border War. That's what I call it, the Great American Border War. Declare a national security emergency and declare war. A war to secure the border, A war versus the cartels that you've named as terrorist organizations, a war versus Shinese fedinel producers, a war versus trans national gangs like MS thirteen and Trendy Aragua. You know, a war to get the we go Fart invaders out of our country. The mass importation is a war, and it's also a warlike humanitarian crisis in America. We're all going to starve because they're eating up all our money. Declara war versus drug and human trafficking, and declare war versus pedophiles. This is a dozen wars at once, so it's all under the umbrella of the Great American Border War. What's my point? Once you get Congress to agree and approve that this is now officially a war, Now you're commander in chief making war decisions. And no judge can ever and ever has been involved ever in the history of America in the second guessing or overruling a commander in chief or his generals in a time of war. This is the way to get around the judges without arresting them. Until you do your forensic audits and prove that they're on the take. Just ignore them because they won't matter anymore because we're at war and you're the commander in chief making war decisions. That's my good instinct.
Speaker 1: We got to talk about or in Canada, etc. But the judge in New York City's daughter made tens of millions of dollars raising money for democratic causes. And the daughter of this judge Bosburg is making serious money immigration rights groups. And his wife is the president of Planned Parenthood, some organization making one hundred and some thousand dollars. They're all political activists on the left. And you would hope, you would hope that Justice John Roberts would be a conservative judge. That's turned out to be that way at all. I have little faith and Judge John Roberts to do what's right. I think the four votes they had, one of them, I think it was a leaders that I can't believe what we're saying today about requiring the president to pay billions of dollars to usaid workers or to USA organizations when it's waste, fraud, and abuse. That's the purpose. I want to talk to you about tariffs, but you've got a great column up under March the thirteenth. Here's why Trump's tariffs will succeed. America will win my friends in Canada by golfing buddies in Canada. That's not the case that Canada is going to bring America to heel because of the teriffs. What is Dwayne alerout say.
Speaker 4: I think that Canada is like a little pit squeak, like a little chihuahua, and it's facing off with a German shepherd, and Canada actually delusional. They have no clue, you know, just like I used to have. By the way, I used to have a chihuahua and a German shepherd, and the chihuahua thought he was tougher than the German shepherd, and for nine long years he bought the German shepherd around. When the chihuahua jumped on the bed, I swear to that the German shepherd sell off the bed he was so scared. But in year number ten, the chihuahua suddenly decided to eat food out of the German shepherd's bowl, and the German shepherd grabbed him and threw him across the room and threw him against the wall. And the poor chihuahua, who I love to by the way, I didn't like this, but it happened. The German shepherd pound him against the wall, and the chihuahua brain damage and he was never the same again the rest of his life. He walked like a drunk and he lived another two years like a brain dead person. So I'm telling you Canada thinks they're the chihuahua and they're gonna beat up the German shepherd. And they don't understand. We got three forty million people, you know, and if account illegals, we probably get three hundred and fifty three or sixty million people. And they've got their little pitsqueak country with like thirty nine million people. They're not gonna beat us in the trade war. If we buy everything they've got, we buy everything China's got, We buy everything Mexico's got. So we are the customer. As my grandfather always said, the customer is always right, and if the customer is wrong, refer back to World number one. The customer always wins. We are the world's biggest customer. Our middle class buys everything in the world from everyone. They cannot hold out against us. Trump knows it. Trump understands what you and me understand. Bill. They're not gonna win. The world can huff and puff and threaten to blow our house down, and it's all just delusion. In the end, we will win. Whether it's a week fan now, a month and now at day fin now, or a year fan now, we will win. When they realize they're going to start to death. Trump is right, and we will win the trade wars.
Speaker 1: Well, I think that's what the left wants. In other words, the left's opinion of America is at the bottom of the Portal Act. They do not like this country. They don't like that they think it was land stolen from the Indians. In fact, Columbia University we went to school is on Indigenous lands. I thought we paid for that. But nonetheless, the left does not want America to win. And so if America loses, the left feels good. If America, if America wins, the left feels bad. And so I don't know, but we have a federal judge. Now it's going to take over American foreign policy and tariffs named Boseburg and maybe John Roberts with him. But the fact that you have a list here of the eight here are the only possibilities that come out of these trade tariffs. One stopped buying from China and the rest of the world. Their economies collapses. China, the restorant, eventually gives in. They survive, but we win. Why doesn't the Chinese? The Chinese and the Canadians and the Mexicans now understand that, in fact, what's happening now. A lot of the detention camps and Texas are closing, they don't have enough business. Illegals are quit coming in because Trump succeeded. But the media doesn't cover it, and so explain how this pay. Let's say you and I get back together before a year goes by, hopefully it's once a month or more about a year from now, what would the tariffur look like if we stay with.
Speaker 4: Look, you know, in my opinion, this gives us a chance to reduce our national deficit and our national probably get rid of our national deficits, and dramatically reduce our national debt. It gives us a chance to give the American people a gigantic tax cut. It gives Trump a chance, if he so chooses, if there's enough money in the tariffs, it gives them a chance to actually get rid of the income taxes, which he's talked about. I've talked about it for years. I've recommended it to him. The state of Nevada is growing like crazy. You know, every minute, half of California's moving here. And we have zero income taxes. That's why everyone's moving here. Texas has zero income taxes. Florida has zero income taxes. Tennessee, Nashville's one of the hottest cities in America. They have zero income taxes. People move to places with lower or zero taxes, And I'd like to see America set up a system like Texas, Florida and Nevada and Tennessee and have zero income tax and you only pay a sales tax plus tariffs from other countries. So this gives the middle class a chance to change their lives dramatically and change the American economy and make us prosperous again. I think a year for now, every stock that everyone's panicking about will be at all time highs. I think the market will be at all time high. Think TESTA will be at all time high. I think all the big tech stocks will be at all time high. I think gold will still be at all time high. I think that crypto and bitcoy will be at all time high. And I think that we've got a chance here to make America prosperous again because of tariffs, which will pay off a lot of the debt, a lot of the deficit, if not all of it, and maybe a lot of our taxes too. Are all of them, so I love the tariffs. It's just going to be a little short term pain to achieve long term fantastic gain. No pain, no gain, you know.
Speaker 1: One of the cries of the radical leftists a threat to democracy. Trump received a strong mandate from the American voters in a democracy that resolved to rest control of the government from the deep state. The deep state, in turn, what they've done is to fall back on this last line of defense, which is the courts. Every federal employee in the executive branch of government works for the president. I can't imagine Trump telling the judges who to hire and who to fire their employees. I can't imagine that Trump telling congressional leaders who in their staff they got to fire and hire. But Article two clearly states that the president is the chief executive officer of the country and that's it. And so they fall back on the bureaucracy, the deep state, which is forever. And secondly, if that fails, to go to the court system and they win there. But way, we got a minute remaining. I can't believe our time flies by quickly. But to all your stuff is at root for America dot com. We've not touched yet Chief Justice John Roberts, We've not touched what's happening with the judicial system. But way on a route we got to go and next time, wait on the route introduces Senator Ernie Sanders. That's when hell's going to freeze over.
Speaker 4: I hope to be introducing President Trump. By the way, and April eleventh in Palm Beach is the Lincoln Day gall with the biggest one in the country, and I'm the MC. They're flying me down as the Master's ceremonies and I'm hoping to be introducing President Trump at all the top celebrities in the Trump administration. So it's going to be a great night. Friday, April eleventh in Palm Beach, and I look forward to it. Hey, Bill, it's Rootfroamerica dot Com. All my TV shows, all my radio shows, all my books, all my newspaper columns, all my commentaries, it's all there. And I always appreciate you. Thank you for giving me a great platform, my friend.
Speaker 5: Love you, God bless you. Thank you.
Speaker 1: Wayne Allen rooton in Las Vegas. And it's kind of odd that end of democracy. We elect our leaders, the House, the Senate, the president, and that's undemocratic. When we elect leaders they disagree with, that's undemocratic. And all Trump's trying to do is to return power back to the people who put leaders in charge and not the deep state. Bill Cunningham, Live on News Radio seven hundred WL me, you don't have.
Speaker 4: To worry about that.
Speaker 7: I'm not going to pull Cunningham and you know, take off off and go national radio.
Speaker 8: Here.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna stay right here at Xavier.
Speaker 1: Hello, quiet, and I'm Scots. I'm broadcasting segment is Chris Mack? Is there a plane leaving certain ports of call in South Carolina coming to Cincinnati with Chris Mack? I think there was already one Sunday night you know who hired Chris Mack, you coach my wife at Mountain under Name High School. What they were looking for a assistant freshman basketball coach, and Chris Mack took the job. Penny interviewed him and the rest is history. But seg, we have Miami Road, He's got champions, will and then what's going on? Explain this?
Speaker 5: Will he the Stoot Reporters approach service, every local Thamestar Heating and air conditioning dealers, Thamestar Quality you can feel a Cincinnati called the experts at Preferred Home Comfort five one, three, eight, nine to two h V A C SUS and we welcome in Willie the Harriers of Miami Hamilton. They beat Penn State skulkill As they captured the twenty twenty five USCAA Men's Division two National Championship, and they got the trophy right below New York fifty three to fifty two.
Speaker 1: We're going to talk about the last couple of seconds, but segment introduced the coach. I want to talk to him.
Speaker 5: Coach Michael Piott is here along with three stars of the team hit It.
Speaker 1: Coach Piott, tell me NI own money. These players around me look pretty expensive. Can you give me some approximate within one thousand dollars either way, how much these three players are making to win the National titler to Miami Hamilton.
Speaker 8: We'll probably get him lunchure on the way back to Hamilton and gets it is is he's man. Yeah, yeah, that'll work out pretty good for him. But thanks for having us, you know, a long time listener and glad to be here. And we are very fortunate, you know. We I've been in Miami for five years and the first we lost to COVID, But the last four years we made four consecutive trips of the National Tournament. Great this year we're able to come home the National Championship trophy and.
Speaker 1: It's right there right here.
Speaker 5: Thanks plainly.
Speaker 1: What happened in the last game, you had a player up against the wall. It was he was beating blooded, he was bruised and needed two acls. His shoulders were hurting him, he was in deep trouble. Set the scene for the last few seconds of the big game.
Speaker 8: Well, first of all, we got down eleven in the first half, and we cut the one at half and we thought we were in pretty big shape. And then we'd started the second half pretty horrible and got down eleven again, chipped away, chipped away, took the league with three minutes to go. Oh, and Shade Old, who's in the studio with us, now, introduced our guys. In the second Calmon went up there and sank two free throw to put us up three.
Speaker 5: Nothing was ned.
Speaker 8: Was sixteen seconds to go and we hung on to win the national championship.
Speaker 1: And then it was these three great players. Now we're going to talk about the crucial moment that was the difference between defeat and victory.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 8: So in studio we have our senior Michael Keahan, who played for Joe Schoenfeld at Elder High School. Elder Michael's a four year starter, played one hundred and seventeen games for US and ended up being a second team All American this year. So what a great quer he had for US, and we're really going to miss four years.
Speaker 1: Get up to the microphone there. Would you rather play for Elder or Miami?
Speaker 5: Oh, that's a tough question. Honestly, I won a national championship with Miami, so I can't say that I would rather play for Elder. But I had a great four year which it was a pretty good coach one. Yeah, he's the best.
Speaker 1: He's a savior man. You know that, yes, sir, Now, and introduce you to the other two gentlemen.
Speaker 8: To my right, I have Corey Davis from Mason High School. Cory's a junior and he was first team All American for US and he was the MVP of the national tournament.
Speaker 1: All right, come on up there now. You told me off the air, do you listen to talk Rady? You said no, but you said your great great great grandfather does Is that correct? I don't know if it's that many greats, but yeah, my grandfather what's his name, Mike Rice? Mike Rice is listening now? Perhaps, Ah, So did he teach you anything about life? About basketball, about girls? What did he teach you? Tell me a lot about life, a lot about fishing.
Speaker 5: So I like fishing. I like fishing.
Speaker 1: Now talk about this is the player that hit the Introduce this player.
Speaker 8: Yes, Shaden Olden is a junior from Troy High School and hit the two freezer. Really had a good year for us, averaged all three these guys are each double figures for US. And uh, you know the one thing I liked about our guys. We said all year long. Don't get too high, don't get too low, even keel, and we kept plugging away, plugging away, and uh I had too good instructions for Shane when he got foult, I said to make them.
Speaker 1: So I thought that was good, said make them leave it alone, explaining to Shane what happened, explaining set the scene, the pressure, the drama of the excitement.
Speaker 9: UH all thought to you, we kind of played a thing called beat the pro does. Everybody have to make a free throw? We got to get to twenty one before the pro does. Who's the pro coach? Imaginary shooting? Well, every free throw you make, you get a point. The maginary U punt. The pro gets two points on a miss. And so we do us at the end of practice all the time. And I might be a practice next year. I might be up next year teaching these guys how.
Speaker 5: To make throws.
Speaker 1: We'd love it. Explain it further. Who what team you're playing?
Speaker 5: Penn State? You're playing State in the championship.
Speaker 9: And we actually had a shuit around before we're down to the pro twenty to nine. I actually came back, so whole time we were just saying beat the Pro down eleven, beat the pro, beat the pro, just face adversity, and they got to.
Speaker 1: It, and you something, did hit the medal at all when they're all chords. They stroked them hit the net and then they had to play defense thirteen more seconds or so.
Speaker 9: Yes, so we actually found with three seconds. I believe that three. That's a good move. Coach, yep, don't let them hit a three. Yeah, take your risk and them hitting two and see what happened.
Speaker 8: And they hit a two at the buzzer and we win fifty three fifty two. So they thought their shot was a three, but the guy's foot was inside the line, which it was. And uh so they were happy for a split second. And as I said, we were happy for a very long time. So, you know, nice to bring home the national.
Speaker 1: Can you say about this save your opening? Maybe anything you can say about you having the planet coming to pick you up to.
Speaker 5: Get you down a victory parkway.
Speaker 1: I don't know if they want a fifty eight year old.
Speaker 8: I'm pretty old and I'm pretty happy where I am, and Miami versus been really good to me.
Speaker 1: But you could be if he doubled page eight million dollars a year, would you go I probably work it out for that, no doubt about it. You know, Sean Miller work is under a lot of hatred right now from Xavier for and not keeping his word in a sense, what do you say as a coach in college? What about colleague coaches doubling their money, giving all the nil money in the world, plus use of private jets. He could not turn it down. And Sean Miller consider a friend.
Speaker 8: They could walk their practice quite a bit when he's in sacred as which I'm very very good to me, and leave me tickets for games.
Speaker 1: I'm known in front.
Speaker 5: So you can look these.
Speaker 1: Three kids in the eye and say, look, I'm leaving. I'm getting paid eight million dollars private jets and eight billion and no money. You could tell these kids I'm leaving. I think they would understand that.
Speaker 5: Would you understand? Would you understand?
Speaker 6: Would you need to be coming with him?
Speaker 5: You might go with him, get some no money for these boys, give me some sports and make it fast. Well you look course at at here said there's a mutual interest obviously with Chris Mack and coming back with Xavier.
Speaker 1: You like Chris Mack, coach love Chris Mack. You know who hired his first job as my wife. I didn't not till today. He was looking for her job as a coach, and Penny interviewed him. She was the chair of the Border Mountain of the Name High School and the only position they had was an assistant freshman girls basketball coach. Everyone's got to start somewhere. Chris said, I'll take the job. That's great, and the rest is history. Segment Please continue.
Speaker 5: Let's see Xavier. Former Xavier coach Sean Miller made an official Willie. He had his press conference today. What did he say in Texas? Six year, five million dollars a year contract to take over the Longhorns.
Speaker 6: What did he say?
Speaker 5: Segment about that?
Speaker 1: Well, what did he say?
Speaker 6: Said?
Speaker 5: It was a very difficult decision to leave Victory Park, but he had thirty million reasons to do it. Bengo former Cincinnati, former Cincinnati and West Virginia coach. What Bob Huggins, what is apparently among the potential candidates for the McNeice McNee head coaching job.
Speaker 1: Coach Horse McNeese, What about West Virginia? That job's open to isn't it? It is? Segment? You know about these things? Are you being solicited, No, I am not segment please continue.
Speaker 5: One week from today, Willye, the UC Bearcats are going to go up against the Blue Demons of Depol in the College Basketball Crown a tourney out there in Vegas.
Speaker 1: How about tell coach that Layman community up in Sydney is listening.
Speaker 4: Well.
Speaker 8: I like here and I coached at Layman Catholic from two thousand and two to two thousand and seven.
Speaker 1: A lot of great friends up there.
Speaker 5: You're like a lifer.
Speaker 1: I am a lifer. Please continue.
Speaker 5: The Reds are playing in exhibition action today Willie against the Dayton Dragons. Coverage at five point forty on Fox Sports thirteen sixty. They have a workout tomorrow at Great American at Ballpark. Then it starts to count Thursday at four o'clock. Could you like segment?
Speaker 1: I'm taking the Reds to go undefeated unscored. On right, we have a women's girls state champion wrestler coming and coach, could you use a eight champion female wrestler.
Speaker 8: If she can pass, shoot and dribble, maybe, but you have to be able to those three things really help us?
Speaker 1: So who knows?
Speaker 6: Sem?
Speaker 5: And also the Winton Woods will he went Woods girls. Good, they are the girls coming in They they won the state championship in Division two in Ohio.
Speaker 1: So they'll be in here at two thirty coming up. Well, that'll be a big at two third. Got champions all over the over the place. I'll say this, it's great to have young Americans succeeding greatly and acknowledging that.
Speaker 5: That's what we do with this. Now, what do you got?
Speaker 1: The money? You got, the ring, you got rings, you got the parades. What do you got at Miami Hamilton for the campus for these for these.
Speaker 8: Well, the banner has been ordered and uh we put a banner wall for four years in a row.
Speaker 1: But this one's a little nicer. It says national champions. Is this the first national title, first national.
Speaker 8: Tip for Miamiuniversity at any campus, Oxford, little Town or Hamilton.
Speaker 1: It's the first one.
Speaker 8: It's about time and rings are ordered and so we're very excited. And these guys earned them segment.
Speaker 1: That's your neck of the woods, Hamilton in Middle Tucky. That's right there. That's very nice. You know when Deer Park went undefeated, untied, unscored on in twenty eighteen, we had parades shut down the city at Deer Park, had parades up and down, have dancing bears, who had girls, had confetti. We had everything so that you can't give these stretch to give the why did you get the same people? They can have their parade to Hamilton. Well, Hamilton, you live in Butler County segment, you get it. Sheriff, Richard k Jone, Richard Joey, get it done. You could get it done. Now, how does that look for next year?
Speaker 5: Coach?
Speaker 1: I think we actually to be really good again. We have good players, were greats a kid from Elder.
Speaker 8: We're losing one and we're gonna miss him, but we have a lot of players returning and we're very blessed. We're in a great basketball area in southwest Ohio and look at our roster. So don't see kicked from the GCL, the GMC deer Park area schools. If they got a good player, we'll go get them. We did five years ago.
Speaker 1: Yes you did. Now what are you gonna do with your life? At this point, you're like twenty one to twenty two. You went to Elder, you have a state national title, You're you're recognized greatly as one of the great basketball players of all time at Miami. What will you do with your life now? If anything?
Speaker 5: Uh, focus on just graduating in May.
Speaker 1: You gotta graduate here, got some prome, I mean, let me ask some questions. What's the capital of Kentucky Frankfurt?
Speaker 5: Correct?
Speaker 1: What's the capital of Pennsylvania Harrisburg. I'm good, these kids know what to know about that. What is the square root of eighty one nine? This kid went to elder you're gonna that's pretty good. Who's the Vice President of the United States? That's very good, Jadie Vance from Middletown. Who's the Secretary of State from the state of Florida, Marco Rubert. That's it right there. In addition, Athletic says, Tom, you have brilliance. Well coach, good luck next year and hopefully you'll come back in about a year from now, we hope. So you're the number one drank team now in the nation.
Speaker 8: We will be in the preseason poll. So we a lot of people coming after us, and we're used to that.
Speaker 1: College is coming after you. What about West Virginia? What about McNeice, what about Xavier?
Speaker 8: If I want the West Virginia to be alone to my wife's not moving to Morgantown, West Virginia.
Speaker 1: I've been there. You don't want to move to move. That's a terrible little city. That's awful. It's awful. But thank you for having us. We really appreciate young men.
Speaker 5: Do it again. Thank you segment Get me out of the well. They've you know, we've had great success, Willy Besel. Marian's been here four years in a row, maybe two or three, which being here, what about fifteen Beach with the home of the nigh school football Scott Taxo. We'll get Miami Hamilton back the Harriers from here on out.
Speaker 1: Smaller baseball almost got here last year until Mason beat him. The Home of the Transmitter beat the crap out of him.
Speaker 5: Is that correct? I guess I don't know.
Speaker 1: I can't remember I do segment, Get me out of the Seuze Report.
Speaker 5: Willy, we thank United Dairy Farmers today for our Sicilian style pizza, the new breakfast sandwiches, and the Molts and the Sheiks, and.
Speaker 1: We have coming in about forty minutes, the state female wrestling champion to take you on. I used to wrestle girls in the backseat of the twin drive in, but that's a different story segment, Get me out of the stoge.
Speaker 5: We leave you with the immortal words of the stewed report. Have they paid the dues.
Speaker 6: Coach time after time?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Have you done?
Speaker 1: Have you done your sentence? But committed no crime?
Speaker 6: Is that true?
Speaker 4: This is it? Sing it?
Speaker 1: Freddy? Mistakes are there? Good mistakes? He said, He's made a few. But at the end of the day, you are the champions.
Speaker 5: He and Freddy.
Speaker 1: The Harriers dominate mine. Let's thank you. Let's continue with more Mo Haggers next plus Ask two thirty five. We have state champions supreme, including the state female wrestling champ. No News Radio seven w are Billy cunning him the Great America? Of course in sports, lot's going on Red's opening day, maybe the biggest of all time. It's gonna be on Thursday, and then Bengals at the draft coming up. There's some video of our new wide receivers with their Lamborghinis flying around Miami Beach. That's another issue. Of course, we have the tournament still going on and so much more. But Moeger, welcome again to the Bill Cunningham Show. And first of them, let's break it down. We have Red number one Bengals number two, Bearcat football number three, Bearcat basketball number four, Xavier basketball number five, and deer Park Volleyball number six. Which of those six are in deep trouble? Everywhere I look, I see opportunities, but I have hope for the Reds. Give me a full report.
Speaker 7: Well, I can't speak to deer Park. You're more of an expert on that than I am. I don't think the Bengals are in I don't think the Bengals are in deep trouble, but they have a very important draft looming and a recent track record of not drafting very well, specifically on the defensive side of the ball. I think the Reds have a lot of promise. I think they should have very good starting pitching. I think we're all concerned whether about whether or not this team is going to hit, and starting the season without Tyler Stevenson and Spencer Steer adds to those concerns. You see, basketball is facing a crossroads season in twenty twenty five and twenty twenty six for Wes Miller. The Bearcats football team is facing a huge season for Scott Sadderfield in the Big twelve, and it's a really critical time for Xavier basketball, not just because they've lost a very good coach, but because the transfer portal opened up the same day they lose their coach. Which, as much as I am a fan of players being allowed to come and go as they please, I think it's ridiculous to have the portal open while the season is ongoing, and so time is of the essence. You've got to hire a new coach who's got to get right to work filling the roster, maybe recruiting some Navier players from this past season. So I think there's hope for all of them, but all of them are facing significant questions either heading into their season or coming out of the most recently completed season.
Speaker 1: Let's talk about your Cincinnati Reds. I know the Xavier faithful. Tony Bender is a great Xavier fan. He's got the playing detailed numbers of private jets flying all over Naples to Charleston to Cincinnati. We'll leave that off to the side for a moment. Terry Francona, I briefly remember him from nineteen eighty seven. He was a first base mins to speak, hit like two twenty or something. But Terry Francona has been manager of the year three times. He's been two World Series rings, which are pretty good. And he's also managed something in the range of eleven postseason games, and his manager a record is about fifty four percent. He's managed about three thousand, six hundred games, which is pretty good. And he also was the coach of Michael Jordan's the one time the Goat and Basketball played for the Barons, it was Terry Francona giving him the ins and outs of basketball. Plus he has great feelings for Pete Rose. So as far as Terry Francona is concerned, the Reds could not have made a better high I think the Hall of Famer Marty Bredman was close to that. Of course, Terry Francona is going to be a Hall of Famer too. But why does a manager make that much difference in baseball as opposed to other sports, if.
Speaker 7: Any Well, I think if the talent is mediocre, and if the talent is not very good, I think the manager makes no difference whatsoever. You know, we've seen, unfortunately over the last few decades the Reds put on the field a lot are really bad teams. I'm not sure anybody could have achieved significantly better results. I think when you have a team with promise, a team that does have some talent, and I think a team that has some young talent, I think there's something about a great leader's ability to help those players get the most out of that talent, to communicate really well with those players, and I also think helped the team win in the margins. If you were to go back to last season, if you and I have talked about this, the Rats were really bad in one run game. Is that solely because of David Bell? Absolutely not, But could a handful of decisions be made by the manager that swings some of those games in the other direction. I think the answer is yes. I also think there's a manager's ability to have the sort of gravitas that Terry Francona has because of where he's been and what he's done, and.
Speaker 4: Maybe use that to hold.
Speaker 7: Players a little bit more accountable. That's been the word that has been used from day one, from that first day in October when we found out that Terry Francona is going to manage this team accountable? Accountability? Is Terry Francona going to hold players accountable when they make some of the repeating mistakes we saw last year. Is Terry francon going to have a shorter leash with some guys when they don't perform. Is Terry Francona is going to have the ability to say to the front office, this is how I want things done, as opposed vice versa. I'm really bullish on what a Hall of Fame manager like this could accomplish with this team. But I think that's mainly because I think Terry Francona really has something to work with. I think he's got a good starting staff. And while I certainly do wonder if this team is going to score it enough, I think there are some good enough players on this team that a combination of talent, luck, and really good leadership could yield really good results.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean, you have a manager that's managed to Phillies the Red Sox the two World Series. Poppy was there, and of course he was pretty good. You got the Indians and the Guardians and man and that now the Reds. He's got forty four postseason wins, seventh all time. And one of my questions might be closer by committee because Diaz as allegedly I think he's mad. He's going to start on the DA he thinks his hamstring is better than it is. So come Thursday afternoon, about seven o'clock in the evening, if the scores two to one and the Reds are winning and it's the ninth inning, who does Terry francona call out of the bullpen?
Speaker 7: Well, I think that's one of the most interesting questions about this team, right because ordinarily you would expect it to be Alexis Dz. But let's start with him. Not only does Alexis Dz, not only is he currently dealing with a hamstring issue, he wasn't extraordinarily effective during spring training, and so I think one of the questions about this team moving forward.
Speaker 4: Is going to be.
Speaker 7: How good is Alexis d As in whatever role he has put in, whether he is closing out games, whether he is pitching in high leverage situations at the seventh or eighth inning, how effective is he? And is he going to be handed the job of closer once he comes back In the absence of him, I think the two names to pay attention to most closely are Taylor, who has closed games before, and Scott Barlow, who has closed games before. Those were two late offseason pickups by Nick kraw that I think are really really good additions. But you know, to me, you're talking about Terry Francona. I think in the game itself, that's where a manager has the biggest impact, the handling of a bullpen, choosing which pitchers to use against a certain hitter or in a certain situation. And to a degree, Terry Francona will start the season a little bit handicapped because he's not going to have Alexis Diaz. Fortunately, I do think there are some other options. But I also believe, and I read this, I believe from C. Frent Rose Brands in the Athletic I think you could have made the argument that some of the Reds better relief options will actually start the season in Louisville, because I think they have some really good arms down there. I think they chose for experience and you know, maybe more of a mismash of guys than they did some of the higher end arms in the minor leagues. But getting back to your original question, I would look for Taylor Rodgers to get a chance to close in games. I would look at Scott Barlowe as having an ability having the opportunity to close in games as well.
Speaker 1: You know, I like historical references. You might recall in the late nineteen sixties Dave Bristol was a manager and the Reds brought in a young guy named Sparky Anderson went to the World Series in seventy seventy two, one at All in seventy five, seventy six. Jump at about twenty years Loup Panela. After four or five years of Pete Rose and all that drama at finished second, like four or five years in a row, here comes a brand new manager, Lou Panella. Wire to wire World Series. Here we are about what thirty five years later, and there's a sense this club's got got it in gear, but they're spinning in the mud, and so much like Sparky New Manager World Series, Loup Panello, New Manager World Series. How about Terry Francota, New New Manager World Series? How about that historical analysis?
Speaker 7: Well, I think there is a track record you mentioned Lou Panella. As much as it's been frustrating that the Reds haven't won a World Series or appeared in one in three and a half decades, when they have in the past brought in an experienced manager with Bonaphis who has managed in the postseason before. That manager has managed the Reds in the postseason. You know, Luke Panella had never managed in the postseason with the New York Yankees, right, but he had had some success. Comes to Cincinnati, takes the team to the World Series, and they win it. They hired Davy Johnson, who obviously managed the New York Mets in the World Series in nineteen eighty six.
Speaker 4: He was the last.
Speaker 7: Manager to win in the postseason. With the Reds, they hired Dusty Baker. Dusty had been in the postseason, had been in the World Series with the San Francisco Giants, and come very close to getting to the World Series with the Chicago Cubs. Say which the one about Dusty Dusty managed the Reds in the postseason three times. Is the hiring of the manager the only reason why those teams had success, of course not, but in all three cases they brought in someone who had previous experience, and in the cases that two of those guys had managed the postseason before. If you look at some of the other hires Jerry Narren, Dave Miley, Brian Price, David Bell, you know some of those guys better than others. But you know, David Bella never managed before. Brian Price had never managed before. Dave Miley had never managed the major league level before. Bob Boone, to the best of my recollection, had never managed before. So is does that guarantee that Terry Francona is going to manage the Reds in the postseason?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 4: But do you want to use history as.
Speaker 7: A guide when they have hired experience managers? Those managers have at least managed the Reds and been in the dugout.
Speaker 4: For the postseason.
Speaker 1: May not have you on mitween now and Opening Day afterwards. Mo I'm gonna write it down for the analyst of history. Give me the final record for the Cincinnati Reds in twenty twelve, and you will be held to account.
Speaker 7: I think the Reds are gonna go eighty three and seventy nine, which is a six game improvement from last year. I think the upside of this team. I don't think there's a team in the National League Central that has a wider variance of possibility because I do genuinely believe that if a handful of players outperform what they're projected to do offensively, and if Matt McClain can play one hundred and fifty games, and if Tyler Stevenson can catch it or at least play in one hundred and thirty games, and if Christian and Carnassi on Strand can stay healthy and hit, you know, in excess of twenty five homers. I think there's a world where the Reds win ninety games and ninety games ninety wins, I think will take the National League Central. I also think there's a world where once again, a lot of the young starting pitchers, they're not even that young anymore. Nicolodolo is twenty seven years old, Hunter Green is about to start a sports big league season. Those guys deal with injuries. Again, the bullpen is not as good as we hope. A lot of guys don't hit, and injuries are an issue, and their depth gets tested and they fail that test. I think there's a world where they lose ninety games. But I think number one, they'll be better in one run games this year. Number two, I think their starting staff has a chance to be a major asset, and they do have a lot of position players with upside. I think they'll be five or six games better than they were last season. I don't really think they're going to hit enough to win eighty nine ninety ninety one games, and so I'll settle on eighty three wins and hope that they exceed that with room despair.
Speaker 1: Lastly, Barry Larkin gave an interview in what he said there's a new sheriff in town. When he was a star player in eighty seven, eighty eight, eighty nine, that was a crisis, as you may recall, with Pete Rose always finishing second.
Speaker 5: Eighty nine was a terrible year.
Speaker 1: And he said, as soon as lou Panela walked into the locker room, I think they were in Tampa, there might have been in Planned City and said, hey, there's a new sheriff in town. It was like the doors that were flown wide open. Fresh air came in. Terry Francona is going to be a breath of fresh air, and we just pray to God this team picks up.
Speaker 5: We have about a minute remaining.
Speaker 1: I can't think of college basketball and now with all the March games going on in worse shape than it is right now, I can't identify with the players. I don't know who's gonna play for Xavier next year, who's gonna play for UC Wes Miller, who's going to play for Kentucky.
Speaker 5: Nobody knows.
Speaker 1: Nil is the wild Wild West, in which the players often make more money than the coaches. A new sheriff needs to come to NCAA basketball because this thing's a total mess. Would you agree?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 7: I think this era of college basketball is awesome. Finally the labor is getting compensated and in many cases getting their market value. I think there are some tweaks. I think it's ridiculous to have the transfer portal already open while you have the Sweet sixteen, Elite eight, and Final Four going on.
Speaker 4: There's a very, very.
Speaker 7: Easy solution to all this. Will he make the players on contracts Now, if a player signs a four year contract, he's beholden to that school for four years. A player may sign a two year contract, player may sign a one year contract. That's the solution. I think what it has done. Number One, players are staying in college longer. That's good for the sport, that's good for the players. Number Two, you can get things turned around very quickly. Whoever the new head coach at Zager is, and certainly I think there's a lot of validity to the idea that it should be Chris Mack. We don't do three four year plans anymore. Look at Tat Kelsey at the University of Louisville and the success they.
Speaker 2: Had in year one there.
Speaker 5: Look at Mark Pope.
Speaker 7: At the University of Kentucky with basically a brand new team. You can get turned around in a hurry, and the players have rights and they're getting paid now, and the quality of play on the floor. I think this season was exceptional. I hear this all the time. You absolutely miss me with the idea that this era of college basketball is bad. I think this era of college basketball is way, way, way overdue.
Speaker 1: Well, they are young men, they're adults. And I love the idea that you just expressed of signing a contract which isn'enforceable. Of course, when coaches signed contracts, largely they're unenforceable because of the liquidated damage his clause. You pay the money and you're gone. If the players would sign contracts and say that's it, maybe that would be better. Once again, Moe, thanks for coming on the Bill Cunningham Show. And spring is here. Hope springs eternal. Let's hope the Reds light up this town in ways we haven't seen in some thirty five years. Mo, thank you very much for coming on the bill.
Speaker 2: Cunningham Show eighty one home games.
Speaker 7: Look at the schedule and tell me which ones you want to go to with me.
Speaker 1: Tony Bender will be in touch with you soon.
Speaker 5: I'm sure he will. All right, Mo, thank you very much. Thank you.
Speaker 1: Well, let's continue with more news coming up at Jerome of the Red's News Radio seven hundred.
Speaker 4: L you were gonna win so much you may even get tired of winning.
Speaker 5: Say please please, it's too much winning. We can't take it anymore.
Speaker 1: Hello, Hello, buyet and I'm I'm broadcasting. Can I say talking about winning? We have high school champs galore right now? You're not kidd Willie, please introduce.
Speaker 5: First of all, First off, we got the Winton Woods girls basketball team. They capped off the twenty four to twenty five season in style. Their first title. They defeated White House Anthony Wayne seventy to fifty five for the Division two state championship at ud Arena.
Speaker 1: It wasn't even close.
Speaker 5: Finished the season twenty seven and oh what, and the head coach is a living legend in his own Carlton Gray is here the legend right there, the legend car I remember, I remember covering him in high school.
Speaker 1: Let's talk he was in high school. Let's talk about high school. What year were you in high school?
Speaker 6: I think it was nineteen eighty nine. I graduated from Forest.
Speaker 1: Park, Forest Park, and then you went to UCLA. That's it, correct, and the rest is history in my own head, like.
Speaker 5: In your own head.
Speaker 1: I remember you though it's been about twenty five years, but I remember.
Speaker 6: Girls transpired since then.
Speaker 10: I'm just happy to have my own daughters making their names and have these girls who are like my daughters.
Speaker 1: Explain these girls, introduce them and talk about the game. Before we talk about the state wrestling champ.
Speaker 5: She's here.
Speaker 1: She wants to go pro with haul Covian. The introduced the girls first.
Speaker 10: Senior senior Ryan Davis, Junior Mikayl Lou Reveese, and senior Denied Tremble.
Speaker 6: So just a heck of a season.
Speaker 10: These kids have been here, they paid their dues, and two years ago we were thirteen and eleven.
Speaker 6: And same girls thirteen, same girls thirteen and eleven.
Speaker 1: Wouldn't shoot, couldn't play defense, didn't know what they were doing.
Speaker 6: I'm not sure if they still can, but we managed to get it right a couple of times this year.
Speaker 1: What was your toughest opponent this year?
Speaker 6: Our toughest opponent, I would say Big.
Speaker 5: Walnut on Hell's home at the Eagles.
Speaker 10: Well, that was a tough game as well, but in the state semi final game we had to win in overtime.
Speaker 1: Oh then one of these girls making a dramatic a three pointer one and one at the end of the game to win the title.
Speaker 10: Ryan made a few big buckets that game. Kayla fought through a back injury and contributed a lot.
Speaker 1: He's still limps. He's still limps, can barely moved.
Speaker 10: She fights through, she battles through. And Denia tremail let us on scoring that game.
Speaker 1: What is Deny? How many points did she scored for the year? How many points a game? Den I?
Speaker 6: I think fifteen fifteen.
Speaker 1: Triple double doubles all the time.
Speaker 6: You got a lot of rebounds.
Speaker 10: She's she scored over a thousand points in her career in almost a thousand rebounds, so she's done pretty well.
Speaker 1: Now, Alex King is here. Alex King is the day out of the state champion. Kelsey from Lakota West I said Easton, and she took high offense at that and she puts.
Speaker 5: You in a fake four figure four leg lock. A few minutes ago she turned me upside down with the atomic drive.
Speaker 4: I know.
Speaker 1: It was unbelievable. Alex King, tell me how you get your daughter to wrestle?
Speaker 5: Get up to the microphone. Well it started. I coached with Lakota east I coach their their kids.
Speaker 1: They're not very good? Are they not very good? O? They're great.
Speaker 8: They actually had the other state champion in Lakota this year for the ladies, cam Gresham.
Speaker 1: She's a stud, she's she's something else.
Speaker 3: Uh, But I coached for a long time the kids and her older brothers wrestled and she was in the room all the time.
Speaker 1: Wrestling her brothers.
Speaker 5: Yeah, losing everybody. She could, climbing all over top.
Speaker 1: Of you were getting beat up. So how does a girl get I can see basketball? What about wrestling? How does a high school girl get into wrestling and be the state? Are the weight limits?
Speaker 6: How do you do that?
Speaker 11: It's it's the same as boys. It's it's the most growing sport right now.
Speaker 1: It's a little different. But other than that, what wait?
Speaker 4: What what?
Speaker 1: Wait?
Speaker 2: Are you and I'm one.
Speaker 1: Do you want to bulk up to one thirty or one forty?
Speaker 11: Well I actually wrestled one thirty for most of the season, but for postseason I cut cut down, so I could, you know, wrestle at my best ability.
Speaker 1: So how do you cut down? You put like a plastic bag on. Don't e winkies what I know?
Speaker 11: It's it's eating right and working out as hard as you.
Speaker 1: Lift weights and everything. Well, now do you have a move? Is it a figure Ford leg lock? Is it an elbow drop? What is your what is your What is your move?
Speaker 11: I would say my move is a double leg or just you know, snap down, go.
Speaker 1: Behind, snop down, and go behind segment.
Speaker 5: You got that, I think?
Speaker 1: So could you kick segment's ass if you had to have?
Speaker 8: You got.
Speaker 6: She could?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 1: How many years have you wrestled?
Speaker 11: I think we're going on thirteen?
Speaker 5: Now, wow, she was four five? Which you started?
Speaker 1: Are you a senior or junior? You got one more year to win the state title? Carlton, what do you think that's impressive? I have all the respect in the world for any wrestler. Wrestle Wrestling is a tough sport. I don't care who does it. They have a lot of respect in my mind. Yeah, because they're in the mouth, they're sweating bloody. It's bad hand hand combat.
Speaker 10: Not a lot of people like to get up close and personal and and have to actually back up stuff.
Speaker 1: Kelsey, did you get hurt at all? Someone might give you a figure forward leg lock and lost your life.
Speaker 12: I did.
Speaker 11: I actually had a pretty healthy season until district. She got the flu. This's another thing you gotta gotta overcome. The day before we were leaving for State, I landed on my head and I hurt my neck pretty bad.
Speaker 5: So it's like that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I had to drop by the under.
Speaker 11: Yeah I had to you know, stay in the er that night and uh yeah, get released the next morning.
Speaker 1: That's tough. Yeah, that's tough. Do you want to wrestle? I guess as senior go back to back state wrestling time.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 11: Yeah, I'll see you guys next year.
Speaker 5: About that segment that we got champions with went Woods, will He Purcell Mary and has been here for three years in a row. They're going so we expect to see them next week. This young lady and went It's back again next year. Say give them some snow pressure. Coach no pressure, pressure pressure.
Speaker 4: Can you do it?
Speaker 5: Can you do it?
Speaker 6: We'll certainly work at it.
Speaker 5: You're undefeated, untied, unscored on this year.
Speaker 6: Not the unscored a part, but.
Speaker 5: We do.
Speaker 1: We do take pride in defense, defense like Bobby Knight defense defense. How many points a game did you give up?
Speaker 6: We gave up thirty three points a game.
Speaker 1: How many points a game did you score? We score sixty, so you average win twenty seven points. It was pretty good segment. Giving them some sports and make them happy.
Speaker 5: Willy the Stoot reporters of proud service of your local tame Star Heating and air Conditioning dealers Tamestar quality. You can feel a Northern Kentucky call any weather Heating and air at eight five, nine seventy eight, one forty eight twenty two spot. We also want to thank UDF today, will you? They got the Sicilian style pizza. Really with for get a you get a pizza, You get a Coca cola and a Sicilian style pizza for three ninety nine. They got new breakfast sandwiches and malts and shakes.
Speaker 1: You love food, don't you? Going down to throw out the first pitch of a Reds game? Have they been in touch with you yet, No they haven't. Great what about you, Kelsey? Before you leave? I know this woman who runs the Reds. Her name's Karen Kraft, and she loves having high school teams come down to throw out the first pitch if they want to stay title, like Deer Park did several times in twenty eighteen. We went down to remember that segment. They'd love to have high school girls come on down and throughout the first pitch?
Speaker 5: Who would throw out the first time? Right there?
Speaker 1: But before you leave, he's of paper right here. Both of you here, give me your cell phone. And Karen Kraft of the Reds she asked.
Speaker 5: Me to got to throw it better than the old marriage mark.
Speaker 1: It'll be like May or June while the girls were still in town and ready to play.
Speaker 5: And same way with you, Kelsey. Can you throw out a pitch?
Speaker 11: I think I can.
Speaker 1: Can you beat up your boy? You can beat up your brothers?
Speaker 9: Now?
Speaker 2: Yeah you can?
Speaker 11: Well, I mean they're a lot bigger than me.
Speaker 1: But I think you got to move. She got science behind you, yep, segment, give us some more sports quick. Let's see Willie.
Speaker 5: It looks like Chris mac there's mutual interest there to go to join Zaeger, although the university has hired a firm out of Atlanta to find a replacement. Yeah, to get this guy to coach him right here, I know. Ncaattorney update brought to you by a c R gunnight pools and Spas.
Speaker 1: Call today swim this year, called Frank.
Speaker 5: He's running a special Kentucky get ready to battle rival Tennessee Friday night, Sweet sixteen in Indianapolis.
Speaker 1: Call today swim this year. One week from today you see him to Paul.
Speaker 5: The Blue Demons and the college Basketball Crown Attorney out of Las Vegas Reds are an exhibition played a night up against the Dayton Dragons in the gym.
Speaker 1: City has been in touch with you, Carlton about coaching the men's team there.
Speaker 6: No, I haven't heard from him.
Speaker 5: You might. They need help. They have no players right now. They have nobody.
Speaker 9: Have you?
Speaker 1: Do you girls have nil money to you get paid large amounts of money every month.
Speaker 6: No, I'm not in high school yet, not yet.
Speaker 10: Yes, right, coach, that's why you're having some of these guys leaving the state so they can go make money in high school. So something I think the state might need to challenge if they want to keep some more better kids.
Speaker 1: All right, segment, give me some more sports quickly.
Speaker 5: And also in pro wrestling, Willie, we say congratulations to the natural disasters that is earthquake and typhoon. They are set to become the newest members of the WWE Hall of Fame and twenty twenty five.
Speaker 1: Earthquake and Typhoon my nicknames in college. Typhoon an earthquake, earthquake, nine human beings. I don't see that the future for you in pro wrestling. Have you thought about getting into pro wrestling for.
Speaker 5: A little I mean, why not?
Speaker 1: I have some questions.
Speaker 5: Now, she could become the next Charlotte Flair, yeah, or Ronda Rolse.
Speaker 1: So you could kick somebody's ass if you had to. What is the state capital of Pennsylvania.
Speaker 11: Harrisburg?
Speaker 1: Correct? What is the square root of eighty one nine? These girls know what they're talking about. Who's the vice President of the United States from the state of Ohio. Very good and the great athletes and they're smart too. Sore, you go, unbelievable. Find the future, Carlton, what's the future like at Wynn Woods? Because I know Joe Frederick, many people went to Green Hills became. You know you were there when the old days.
Speaker 10: Yes, jose Ah good guy and actually came. He lives in Kentucky, so he's coming supported us. But the future is just to do what we've done in the last few years. Just to continue to get in the gym and try to work and develop our kids and.
Speaker 1: Keep pushing them the degal weightlifting and things like that.
Speaker 6: Yes, we do that, do everything.
Speaker 1: The boys do everything. And you beat the boys. I think you probably could couldn't.
Speaker 6: It depends on what age we're talking about.
Speaker 1: Maybe not teenage girls, but certainly ten or eleven.
Speaker 6: We're pretty good and we're just trying to get better.
Speaker 4: All right.
Speaker 1: Next year another state title, undefeated, untied, unscored on there. It is right there with the net. Who cut down the net? There are some who claim credit for Deer Park's great victory in twenty eight. Wonder who that is in this room? Who cut down the net? These girls that it And you've had all the glory, Carlton.
Speaker 5: You can handle right.
Speaker 6: I like to sit in the background.
Speaker 5: You do well.
Speaker 1: Stayed there many years and once again Lakota West has a state champion and wrestling in the Dakota East has the champion too, Is that right?
Speaker 5: Female?
Speaker 1: How big of a sport in high school is female high school wrestling?
Speaker 11: Yeah, it's getting big?
Speaker 5: Is it big of wint Woods?
Speaker 6: We have a handful of wrestlers, hand full of wrestlers, handful of girls.
Speaker 1: But it's growing leaps and bounds, right it is. It's all year long too. So they have junior nationals Fargo. That's the biggest. You're going to Fargo, North Dakota.
Speaker 11: Next tip is the national title.
Speaker 1: So what kind of a national champion? She'll be back. She'll be back with the national titles. Look, what can I say? It's unbelievable. Well, we'll see what happens segment. I'll tell you what. Thursday is going to be great for these girls. Caring tried to let them throw out the first pitch of the amen. They got to get to Miami. Hamilton too, put.
Speaker 5: Him in something else.
Speaker 1: Here we go.
Speaker 12: If anybody ever questioned how deeply ingrained the term front runner was in the fiber of one Bill Cunningham, as Souarez grounds the short stup of the out, they can put that aside for all time. And congratulations to Gary Gentry and the Deer Park High School basketball team.
Speaker 1: They won the state title.
Speaker 12: They were on the field to be honored by the Reds tonight, a tremendous turnout, and right there in the middle of him was Bill Cunningham. Now some background material. Bill played at deer Park, led the city in scoring when he was a senior there a million and one years ago, and did not know how to drive back to Deer Park until they ran off about ten or twelve or fourteen wins in a row, and it was pretty obvious that they were about as good as they came, and they turned out to be the case because they.
Speaker 1: Won the state championship.
Speaker 12: He says that the kids wanted him to take part in cutting down the net after the state championship final, and so he, in his infinite wisdom and his incredible humility, agreed to do that.
Speaker 2: Incredible reality that outs I just made myself.
Speaker 6: So let me get that back for you.
Speaker 4: Three.
Speaker 12: Another count on Tucker Barnhardt after Suarez grounded a short, but we're always glad to have Billy in the booth with us. He stays for about two innings and then Sexsha high. Can we see him about three months later?
Speaker 4: You know?
Speaker 1: One more thought. I've known a lot of front runners in my life. How about that picture on the field. Unbelievable.
Speaker 12: There he is, lined up with the coaching staff and various other school officials and all the talented youngsters that got them a state titled.
Speaker 5: And there he was.
Speaker 1: I said, boil boy, you gotta have a lot of nerve to do that. Now. Didn't bother him a bit. He felt like he'd right at home.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 5: He laid down right there on the grass, threw his feet up in the air.
Speaker 12: Yes, sir, hands in the air, took part in the team picture. Year leader, cheerleader, mercifully. Our conversation about Bill Cunningham is passe.
Speaker 10: My high school coach was the coach on that team, Steve gentrystant.
Speaker 1: He wasn't assistant. There was some who assisted the boys along the way. But to go yeah, Derrick Park to undefeated, untied, unscored on twenty nine and zero.
Speaker 5: That's pretty good of a year.
Speaker 6: To go unscored on and elephant.
Speaker 5: They played defense.
Speaker 1: Girls play defense and hold him scoreless. Once again. Congratulations to Kelsey and the and to the girls here at wint Woods and Carlton. I'm a love Your life has turned out so well. Thank you very much, segment, get us out of the Sudents Report with your permission, of course, Willy and honor.
Speaker 5: Of Wittenwood State champions, said Kelsey. For Lakota West to stay champ. We leave you with the immortal words of the stood Report. I paid my dude.
Speaker 1: Girls paid your dues after you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 6: He's not out of you.
Speaker 1: Ye lift these lights, run those be quick mistakes. Have you made a few?
Speaker 11: Made a few?
Speaker 5: Let's get through it.
Speaker 7: Girl.
Speaker 5: I'll be in touch.
Speaker 1: And that's your number.
Speaker 6: We're gonna have to get a.
Speaker 5: Segment. Give me out again on seven hundred.
Speaker 9: W l W.
Speaker 11: My friends, Chap
Speaker 7: That's on