Speaker 1: Hello, everyone, Welcome back to a new episode of the Poker Go Podcast. My name is Donnie Peters. It is Wednesday, July first, eleven, thirty eight PM, A little bit earlier than some of the other podcasts, but I really had to make sure that I do this one. I have been neglecting you guys out there for a couple of days, but I think with good reason because I was playing, wanted to get some rest. Things weren't had a reasonable time to work with my rest schedule while I was playing. But I'll get to that at the at the end of the episode. Won't bore you guys with that stuff early on Big Show Today, do have to get caught up on a lot of different things here. Headlining, we got Sean Deep and Michael the Grinder and Miss Rocky both getting number nine nine gold bracelets for Deep, nine gold bracelets for Mis Rocky. We got a Ladies Championship winner, sky Chen taking that one down. We'll hit on that. Matthew Higgins, a very popular pro, wins the Mystery Millions. I forgot to talk about Elis Parson and winning his second bracelets. I want to hit on that quickly because two bracelets for the Finn in the events that he won him in certainly worth mentioning today or tonight, I should say, Or yeah, last night, Marcus Gonzoalvez won the five K six Max, Matt Grapenthine won the ten K stud A. We got Daniel Nigranu Real Kod Poker d Nix himself making a deep run in the one hundred k PLO. They are down to the final table they are supposed to play out to I think a certain number of levels. Maybe they get down to the final five. I don't know what the exact schedule is, but then they're supposed to stop and come back on Thursday to finish that one out. So we'll check in with that one as we go throughout throughout the episode. It's the eve of the WSB main event when I'm recording this Day one A is on Thursday, July second, so I'll touch on that too, And then of course, so I'll talk about some of my playing endeavors over the last couple of days. As always, please like the podcast, leave us five stars, hit us with a review, a rating, all that sort of stuff. It really does help us grow, I know, I always say it. I really hope it doesn't fall on deaf years because that's just how the algorithms work in today's day and age. If you're looking to play some poker, then I would highly encourage you guys. Check out play poker Go. You can go to play poker go dot com slash podcast and you'll get a free one hundred thousand gold bonus to help kickstart your bankroll. You can come play with me. I dabble in there, you know now and then not so much now with the World Series Poker Have Opinion and that consuming all of my time. But the rest of the year, I'm definitely on there several times a week. Just look for Poker Grow Donnie and they made a custom avatar off my face so you can see that. You can you can try and bust me if you want, but I'll tell you right now that I'll be coming for your chips. And if you're playing PLO this summer, I would highly encourage you guys check out our friends at PLO Mastermind. Now through July fourteenth, you can save twenty percent on six month memberships and all courses. Just had to Plomastermind dot Com, Slash Poker Goro and then pick the option that's right for you. So if you want to get a membership, you can save twenty percent on a six month membership. If you want to just dive into a course, you can save twenty percent on a course. They have a few different courses on plomassmind dot com. Just head to plomastermind dot com slash poker Go. It is July, so we only got two weeks left in that special promotion for the twenty percent off at PLO Mastermind again that url plomass dot com slash poker Go. All right. Kicking things off on today's episode, we have Sean Deeb topping a field of seven hundred and sixty six entries to win a little bit over one hundred and eighty one thousand dollars. It's Deep's ninth bracelet. It moves him to the top of the WSP Player of the Year leaderboard. Now, it was either the last episode or maybe the episode before that, but I caught up with Deeb on a break for a quick chat for a few minutes, and you guys heard him say if you listened to that episode, you heard him say that, you know he gave himself a very very small chance at winning Player of the year. Well, now thanks to winning this event, it was the fifteen hundred dollars eight game tournament, I I forget, don't think I said that, And if I didn't, you know, forgive me. He was able to move up to the top of the leaderboard. Now the lead isn't big, and there's a lot of people in contention, and pretty much like a cash from like one of ten people could could really shake up the top of this leaderboard. So there's a lot of sweating still to go at the World Series of Poker, of course that BISP Paradise is included as well. Deep one this very event back in twenty twenty three. Similar to Benny Glasser, who we talked about recently when he won the fifty k PPC, Deep won his first bracelet in twenty fifteen. Both of them now have nine. Both of them got their first bracelet in twenty fifteen, so they both got nine bracelets in the same number of years. That's a pretty cool little fact about those two. It almost felt like, you know, I watched a bit of this live while it happened. You know, they're playing down Deep's got a really good stack, a pretty healthy lead at some points at one point, I walk out up into what they call the cluster, which is these twelve tables are on the front section of the new main stage, and Deep's up there. They're playing with two tables. Okay. I come check in maybe a half hour later, so okay, they're down to one table. There's six players left. I go and I chat with someone. It could not have been longer than ten minutes. I come back and there's three players left. I'm like, what the heck is going on. I go to the back, tell the guys, you know. I'm like, hey, there's three left. I go back out there. Their heads up. I'm like, what the hell, what the hell's going on? This is just I mean, there are people that's busting and every single leah, this is crazy. So Sean Deep ends up heads up with Dean Joe and they're going back and forth, back and forth, and at one point, Dean Joe starts to pull away from Deep, and I felt it. I felt like the rail that was watching felt it. I felt like Sean Deep felt it. Like and what I'm saying is, oh my gosh, another second place finished. I'm gonna finish second again. I had those second place finishes Ata Wispy Europe. I'm here at the World Series of Poker. I had the one final table run where I think it was a fifth place, but then I got the second place, finished to Joey Couten, and here I am, I'm gonna finish second again. Like I felt like that was the feeling for Deep and all the people that were sweating him and watching and even him he himself, you know, I was like, oh, man, like you can kind of see it on his face. Well, it turns out Deeb is able to battle back. Now, when they were heads up, the limits were pretty high, so you know, the chips were flying back and forth. Deep ultimately battles back and is able to close it out in a game of PLO to send Dean Joe packing in second place, with Dean jo taking one hundred and twenty thousand dollars for his finish. But for Deeb, you know, you could kind of sense like a little bit of relief, but in a weird kind of way. It was so when he lost to Joey Couten. Now, obviously, Sean Deep is the ultimate competitor when it comes to poker. He wants to win, especially at the world. So he's a poker, right, we all know how much he wants to chase Player of the Year. He wants to get these bracelets. He keeps saying he's gonna run down held me, all that sort of stuff. When he lost to Joey Cooten, he kind of like stormed out. I talked about that a little bit, and you know, he was a little bit upset with how Joey handled some things and whatever. So but also like you know, dee wants to win, and it's it's frustrating when you get heads up and you have a lead and you ultimately lose, and you know, it's just a you know, it's a giant headache to deal with. This one. He wins, and it's not like deeb is like celebrating. He's not that type of guy. You know, he shakes the hand of Dean Joe, he you know, says that he played a great game, like all that sort of stuff. And then the relief is more like the pep in his step came back, meaning he was quickly like right back into grind mode, like okay, I got a register for the next tournament, which I think at the time was the twenty five hundred dollars mixed triple draw. You know, so like, can we hurry up with these photos? Can we do any interviews quickly? Like all that sort of stuff. Even with me, I the photos happened, just so you guys are aware that the winner photos happened. Then it's usually like Pokernews or poker dot Org. Well, first it'll be a dubis a p interview, which in this case it was with Sean Deeve and Natalie Bodi, the Great Natalie Bodi went up and she interviewed him, and then I think poker dot org and or Poker News might have grabbed him for a quick interview. And then as he's walking off. You know, we always tend to go last. You know. One of the things we do, if you guys have seen any of the interviews that we've been doing, we kind of pull people back to a different little space. So you know, we're gonna let everyone else go and do their thing first, and then we'll come in at the end. No big deal, We'll wait. But dee you know he said no to me, I mean politely, he was like, you know what I'm gonna get in this next tournament? There's forty five minutest'll break, I'll grab you know, can we do it on the next break? I was like, yeah, sure, no problem. So you know that's how that went. But what I'm getting at is like it was a sense of relief in the sense that he was back on top of Poy and it was like, Okay, I got the win, let's go. Poy's back on, let's gun for it. And that's the sense that I got. He was right back in to that next tournament and he was, you know, full grind mode, full Sean Deep, pep in his step, like let's go. And speaking of the interview, you know, I did talk with Sean deeb. You know, some of you might have saw it on social media already, but for those that didn't, I'm gonna play that for you guys.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: We spoke on the break about forty five minutes or so after his win. We talked about getting his ninth bracelet chasing Player of the Year. You guys can hear what he thinks his odds are still, you know, and more comes from that interview. So here's that. Now, this is Sean Deep after winning bracelet number nine. All right, Sean several close calls. You finally got the job done, but it wasn't easy. You started with a chip deficit ultimately came back in that moment, are you are you feeling any pressure? Like, oh no again second place?
Speaker 3: You know, starting down two to one chips, I was like, if I lose this one, it's okay.
Speaker 2: But you know, then I got him down to like.
Speaker 3: You know, three, five, six million, and the battle back and then I got them short and then I double them up. So it's like, you know, I already kind of feel the storylines happening, but you know, thankfully I went on the right rush in the right time, and you know one, you know, I double them up and then I got it in again in PLO and I held.
Speaker 1: When you put so much pressure on yourself, or I should say, when you care so much about chasing Player of the Year right and you have all these close calls, but you're still not getting the results you might have hoped for.
Speaker 4: You know, how.
Speaker 1: Easy is it or difficult is it to stay patient through it all and just trust the process.
Speaker 2: I mean, I just know that POI is a volume based game.
Speaker 3: I think that the top ten to fifteen people in POY this year are the strongest overall players that ever has been assembled, and we're all so close in points.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 3: Obviously, I've had very few cashes in Vegas this year, but three of them were very valuable in POY points.
Speaker 2: So I know what I got to do for the formula.
Speaker 3: I have the lead currently, but I know that every day someone in the top ten is going to be cashing or making a finel table. So I keep showing up every day, keep putting the volume, and you know, I appreciate gig putting the prize school, and I really love to see so many people going hard for Player of the Year because I think it wouldn't be as rewarding if people are like, you know, I'm not gonna go for it, But everyone who's close is, you know, really going balls to the wall.
Speaker 1: I wouldn't say you'd be someone who would change your day to day. Right, you're gonna be here, You're gonna be firing all the tournaments, and you're gonna be going for it. But mindset wise, now that you are back up on top, is a little bit more pep in your step going to that next one?
Speaker 3: Well, I mean it definitely means that my smaller point scores are gonna make a difference because I think almost every one the top ten has more except for Yanni has more cases than I do, you know, So I know that every point I get is gonna go very likely to my top fifteen scores at this point. So I know that every little and you know it's gradual as well, So every little point's gonna matter, and anything can happen, you know, if you know, I put enough fighting shots so far this year, no matter what, I'm gonna, you know, be happy with my play and hopefully I take down a couple more so then people don't try so harden Bahamas.
Speaker 4: In this tournament where you are you happy with your play? You know? Through it all.
Speaker 3: I mean, it's an eight game tournament. I've played a lot of these. I've won this tournament in twenty twenty three. It's definitely once I get the chips that I got early. People are scared of me in big bet, they're scared of me in stud games. So I did a lot of stealing. I did not have the best hand a lot, but that's kind of always been my Steamroll style, and I thankfully got a lot of tables where they let me steal more than my fair share of pots.
Speaker 1: Got to ask you about something you said. You said that you know the Player of the Year race. To you is you know that it's a volume game. Does that possibly hurt that title just knowing that it's a volume based game.
Speaker 4: More so or no?
Speaker 3: I think that it's so hard to play good poker every day, every game, every buying level. And you know so many people who have won Player of the Year, say Dan Zach or Ema Takas something like, you know, I talk about my view like I hope I never have to do that again. You know a lot of people get burnt out because they have that one summer. They just go for it, you know, and it really takes a sick individual to do it multiple times, to really compete day and day out every year. And you know, I love every year because I get to know new competitors.
Speaker 1: You've got two POI titles already, and you're now the front runner having taken the lead. You got the nine brace that you've said many times you think you're gonna chase down Phil Hellmuth. How much weight do you put into these milestones that you're chasing?
Speaker 3: Think, you know, my accolades mean a lot. Hopefully I get in the Hall of Fame this year. Obviously bracelet number nine will probably help my cause a little bit. But no, I think that I've been you know, a pro for twenty years now, twenty plus years, and show up here every day, love the game, love the people I meet.
Speaker 2: You know, met my wife because of poker.
Speaker 3: So I think that it's the greatest job ever, and I'm happy to be able to still do it every day.
Speaker 1: The other day, you and I spoke quickly. You said your chances for Player of the Year around ten percent. If that, what do you think they are now?
Speaker 3: I think there are only like fifteen or twenty, just because there's so many people in the top, like you know, there's no way, like there's no lead is safe right now this year. You know, the main evance can give a ton of points. There's just so many elite players who play high buyings, low stuff, and if they, you know, put in the volume that I'm putting in, you know, I'm maybe fifteen, maybe twenty. I got to look at really the actual scores of everyone, but I just kind of know at this point, the more points I get, the higher MIC what he gets. So when be in every tournament, be fining around and have some fun.
Speaker 4: Did you talk to the wife and kids after you won?
Speaker 3: My kids were asleep, you know, East Coast. My wife fell asleep when I was heads up.
Speaker 2: She woke up.
Speaker 3: Someone kept calling her and she talked to me for a little bit, and yeah, you know, she's supportive. She doesn't get enough sleep and it sucks the time zones. But you know, it's how life goes.
Speaker 1: When people look back on your career, whenever the heck that might end. You know, what do you want them to say about Shawnde.
Speaker 3: I always did what was best for the industry. I always were my heart on my sleeve. You know, I'm honest. I don't have great you know, I'm not always easygoing and out, you know, very friendly. I can be miserable. I can be cunty. I can you know, I can battle, But that's just because of the competition side. You know, I think a lot of phill honey that's rubbed off of me over the years. I mean I was like that way before, but even more so. Some of his manners I've picked up over the years. But no, I just hope that, you know, people realize that you know, I appreciate everything poker gave me, and I've tried to give back in so many ways, consulting, helping dealers, helping staff. You know, I feel like of all the top, you know, high limit guys, I'm more friendly with the median staff than almost anyone else. So I just think that that's the type of person I am. That's the way my parents raised me and my grandma. You know, you just appreciate everyone, and you know I'm not better than anyone else, you know, because of what I've done in poker.
Speaker 2: I'm just play a lot of poker.
Speaker 4: Last question here, what do you think it's gonna take to get number ten? Now?
Speaker 2: Ending the tournament with all the chips.
Speaker 3: It's really when you have all the chips in front of you, you get a bracelet at least the events that I play, so yeah, you know I'll be firing online, firing live, and who else anything can happen.
Speaker 2: For us this summer.
Speaker 1: So interesting to hear from Sean deep there. How he still doesn't give himself too big of chances, you know, I think he said fifteen to twenty percent if I remember correctly, in terms of winning Player of the Year, because as he said, you know, this is probably the toughest top ten to fifteen players in the race for the WSIP Player of the Year. I'm just gonna head to WSP dot com right now and pull up the Player of the Year standings. But of course you have Sean deeb on top. You've got Alex Foxen in second less than one hundred points behind, so any sort of deep run from fox and he's right there. Ioiqihara is up there. He's already won two bracelets this summer. Josh Aria, Nick Shulman, Benny Glauser, Josh reikerd Elis Parsonen Martin Zemani, Michael Musrocky, Justin Liberto, Chris Hunikan, Marco Johnson, Calvin Anderson, Jesse Lawns. That's the top fifteen. I mean, that's just absolutely insane that that's the top fifteen. You know, a little bit further down you got a Dylan Smith there, you got a Yuris of Aleski, you got a Chris Brewer. Like I mean, this is an absolutely stacked race for the WSOP Player of the Year, and we got a lot of big events still to happen. You know, of course, we have the wsp Man event, where as you heard Sean say, there's gonna be a lot of points up for grabs. So if anyone can put together a run in that event, which is very hard to do, yes, but if anyone does it, that could really shake up these standings. You know, you also have I think the ten K six packs is still coming. You got the twenty five K horse is still coming. So there is some big stuff that is on the horizon. Maybe a fifty k or two are on the horizon, you know, So there's a lot of stuff. And then fast forward to December WASIP Paradise. We know how big the events are going to be there. A lot of the names that I just read off are going to be down there blasting at Paradise. Right, So there's a lot to be settled in the Wasby Player of the Year race. Yes, right now Sean deeb is in the driver's seat, but you know, this is still pretty much anyone's game. And I think in past years, you know, we've kind of thought, Okay, Sean Deep's the favorite, maybe there's a handful at best of other players out there who could really challenge Sean Deeb. And I like the fact that we have ten, fifteen, twenty players that could legitimately go on to win the WASP Player of the Year title. I think that's great. Now, I'm like bought into watching and sweating this a bit more like I think that that's awesome. And I heard that they did do some tinkering to the point system for the WASP Player of the Year. So if this is what they wanted to have some greater competition here, and you know, hopefully you get it with with some really big names that can draw in some of the viewers out there, then that's a great thing. So you know, I guess kudos to the WSOP there if they did in fact tinker with this, because this race is pretty awesome right now. I mentioned him earlier when I talked about Deep getting number nine, and that is Benny Glaser. And I just want to kind of go back to this point or maybe it's not a whole point, maybe but it's more like a take and it might be something that I'm kind of working through. You know, I was kind of going through the rundown how I wanted to map out the episode, and I kind of started. I couldn't help but think about Benny Glaser while pennying my notes and reviewing all the stuff as it relates to Sean Deep. Now, I don't want to take away from anything that Sean Deep has done and his win of his ninth bracelet and all that sort of stuff, right, because you know, that's why I tried to spend a little bit of time on it, play the interview, et cetera. I do still think that in some degree we're under selling Benny Glaza. We always talk about Sean Dee being the one to ultimately chase down Phil Hammy. We always talk about Sean Deep as it relates to WSP Player of the Year every year. You know, why can't that be Benny? You know, I guess the question really is, have we just become so accustomed to Sean Deep's greatness, specifically as it relates to the WSP that we don't evaluate other players, and especially the ones that are so good in mixed games, like Benny Glauser, that we don't evaluate them by the same standard. Now, it's obviously true that maybe Benny doesn't play every single event to the extent that deeb does. You know, he's not like Benny, wouldn't I don't think Ben would do what Sean Deep did. For example, what like Shawn Deep wins this event, he rips through the interviews, he tells me he wants to wait because he's already registered for the next tournament. He's off and he's going like, I think Benny would be more of like a I don't know, maybe kind of a soak it in for a little while, you know, and then get into the next tournament and that sort of thing. He's not grinding the schedule as hard as Shandee does. And Benny does grind the schedule hard, you know, but he's I mean, you heard Sean Deep in his interview say that the Player of the Year stuff is basically a volume game, which did prompt me to say, like, well, does that kind of diminish the accomplishment because if it's just a volume game, like, aren't you kind of gaming the system? So doesn't that make the award worth a little bit less in your eyes? But anyway, Benny's elite, right. And another thing, just as it relates to who's gonna chase down helmet first, you know, if you're talking about these two and the reason why I'm thinking about these two is because you know again, they both got their first brace it in twenty fifteen, and now they've had nine since then. So in that same time for him, they've both won nine. But Benny Glauser is three years younger than Sean Deep, right, so he's doing this at a younger age. I don't know. I just something about the youth, like it feels like Benny's maybe slightly more in his prime than Sean Deeb is. We also know Benny can play all the games. Deep can obviously play all the games. Now deeb is probably much better in the big bet stuff, maybe not much better, but better in the big bet stuff, and then Benny's probably a little bit better in the mixed game stuff, you know.
Speaker 2: So you know, I mean.
Speaker 1: Whatever, that's a wash at the end of the day, but their resumes they're pretty similar. I've already talked about the nine bracelets over that same time period. For Benny, you know, his shiny moment just came recently won the Poker Players Championship. I think you can easily make the case that he's the most technically gifted mixed game specialist in the world when it comes to tournaments. He also had that one summer when he won three bracelets in a summer, which is a freaking incredible accomplishment.
Speaker 2: Right, deeb.
Speaker 1: You know he doesn't have the PBC title, Okay, but he's a two time Player of the Year, right. I mean that you have to win, you have to perform, and you have to win, and winning at the WSP means bracelet, So you know, WSP Player of the Year twice for him. He's one of the most versatile tournament players ever. He's certainly one of the most feared tournament players ever. His big thing is, obviously he plays virtually everything that he can get his hands on on the schedule, so is volume of volume volume. He is obsessed with the w A P and maximizing that volume. So you know, the difference between these two, it's not necessarily the ability between them, because you know, again I could say that Deep is probably the better between these two and the big bet Ben he's probably the better in the mixing game stuff. Okay, Fine, it's more about the philosophy where deb has he takes to the ws AP trying to win Player of the Year, and he's even said like some extreme things where it's like I Shi almost not play the WSP Main Event, because if I get sucked into that, it doesn't necessarily help me because I can't play all these other tournaments that I would be missing if I'm in the WSP Main Event for let's say five or six days, which is a decent result financially, if you're in it for five or six days, because you're probably going to be cashing from anywhere from thirty to let's say eighty thousand dollars, which is a nice chunk of change. Yes, but how many POY points are you going to get for that versus how many tournaments did you have to miss because you were stuck in this tournament This year, things could be a little bit different if they did change up the points for me a little bit more. And Deep, I feel like Deep thinks, so, you know, I don't want to put too many words in his mouth here, but when he says that there's going to be so many points up for grabs in the WSP Main Event, I think he knows, you know that that's the tournament. Like you do very well in that tournament, that can really set you apart in that POY race. So for Deep, you know, he's basically made the WSIP a volume practice, a mathematical exercise. He's just going to register everything, possibly multiple tournaments at once, you know, because he believes that volume was what ultimately helps him and his chances at winning bracelets and winning Player of the Year, you know. So I think that's obviously why we obviously talk about him chasing Hellmuth. It also helps that when you think about who's going to chase down Helmuth, it's easy to think about the guy who openly says he's going to catch Helmuth, which Deep does over and over and over again. Now Benny, on the other side, he's been a little bit more selective. He still plays a high volume, yes, but he will be more selective than Deep is, you know, and it's he's not as loud with like that I'm going to chase down Hellmuth. I mean, I really can't recall him saying that specific thing, you.
Speaker 2: Know, at all.
Speaker 1: But if Benny decided tomorrow or for the next sp that he's going to play every eventor he's going to approach the WCB schedule the same as Sean Deep does for the next five or ten years, I mean, is anyone going to be shocked if he ultimately is the first one to chase down Phil Hammuth, and he could even do it now, doing what he does and being more selective, I certainly would not be surprised if that happened at all, you know, so, given how well he performs, Benny, I'm a little bit hesitant to say dominant, but given how well he performs in the mixed games, it's completely within the realm of possibility that he's the one that catches hellm youth. And you know, DEEB will probably be somewhere close. You know. I'm just again, I don't want to take away from DEEB, and I don't want to give a back seat to deb and I don't want to say, hey, it's Benny and it's not deep. I just think that Benny should be on a little bit more equal footing, if not fully equal footing to DEEB when it comes to the conversation or the debate or the discussion of who is ultimately going to run down Phil Hammiuth. First, Dee's greatness is often been measured by volume plus excellence. He cashes a crap ton. He always contends for Player of the Year. I really can't I mean I'm sure obviously there's been years, but I can't really recall a year where we're not like, yeah, Deep's in the running Deeps and the running Deeps in the running you know, he gives himself more chances out there than almost anyone else. I mean, it's probably who Texas Mike Michael Manchek is the only other one that who approaches it like this, you know, but I think Deep is still the top dog in that category. You know, Benny is more about his conversion rate, if you want to put some sort of metric on it. He doesn't need a crap ton of cashes. He's like he's a little bit more selective while still putting in a really good amount of volume. And then when he's in the running Deep, Benny is a closer. So it's it's just crazy, you know, to have these two in this sort of air, not only kind of going head to head with each other. You know, you've got Benny wins number nine, Deep comes back right, right back and wins number nine right, but then you also have them both kind of converging as in my opinion, these are the two front runners to chase down Phil help me. You know, if anyone is ultimately able to chase him down or that first person to chase him down. Right, they're both taking a little bit different roads to get to the same destination. But I think it's just becoming a little bit harder to sort of forget Benny Glauser or put him to the side. You know, I think he should start being mentioned much more so, right alongside Sean Deep whenever the conversation turns to you know, hey, who's gonna catch helme first? If anyone does it, who's it going to be? You know, I think these two are neck and neck with each other. Another player who we could we could we could talk about this with is Michael the Grinder and is Rocky because he just won his ninth bracelets in the ten k Poo Championship. He topped a field of eight hundred and thirty six entries to win one million, three hundred and fifty thousand dollars. Now, this this run for Miss Rocky was out of control. Four day tournament. He's the chip leader at the end of day one, he's a chip leader at the end of day two, he's a chip leader at the end of day three, and then he wins the tournament going into the final day, similar to how he went into the final day in the WSP Main Event last summer when he won that damn thing. He had that huge chip lead and then he joked that it was going to take an hour to end it. He ended it in an hour. Here he goes into the final day. He had more than forty million in chips, which was more than one hundred and sixty big blinds. Second place had five million, and third place had four and a half million, or his five and a half million and four and a half million, twenty two big blinds in eighteen big blinds respective, he had in absolutely bonkers chip lead entering the final day. And I know I referenced the end of day chip leader because that's just right now. That's what's easy for me to look up. I can pull up poker News, I can go to the live reporting section, you know, I can quickly see I can click on the days. I can quickly see who finished the day as the chip leader. It was miss Rocky all of the days, I honestly have. I can't tell you if he dropped out of the chip leader because he was freaking steamroll in this damn tournament from start to finish. It was wild. It was absolutely wild. I've when he won the main event last year. Now, kind of once he got the chip lead at the final table, he started to kind of steam roll and it was definitely his tournament. But up until that point, like there were times when he was all in, he had to get lucky, he had to survive that sort of stuff like this was just Miss Rocky in the driver's seat the whole fing time. It was crazy. And in such a volatile game like PLO. Now, I know you can play it with a little bit less of a volatile strategy, you know, but one I don't think Michael Miss Rocky is ever doing that too. I'm just saying that, like you know, a turncard or a river car, that it can change anything in PLO, and there's so much happening in the hands, and this guy just absolutely sun run this thing from start to finish. It was crazy. Now one of the reasons why I don't think that I can quite get there in terms of putting Miss Rocky on the same footing as Deep and Glaser in terms of like who's gonna run down Phil helm Me first, even though they all have nine Bracelets. It's just because the volume I don't think is fully there with with Michael the Grinder, Miss Rocky, you know, so I can't quite put him there. Now. I guess you could probably make up for the lack of volume as it pertains to the other two, as it compares to the other two, with the fact that, you know, when when Grinder gets hot, there is absolutely nothing like it in poker. It's also super refreshing to see somebody as big of a star, as popular as he is at and as a successful as he is as Michael the Grinder Ms Rocky, who celebrates like he's been playing poker for six months and this is his first goal. Bracelet win. You see jumping up and down, arms wide, screaming, jumping into the arms of his supporters, yelling like this guy fucking loves it, and it's that energy when you see it out there, is incredible. If you guys haven't seen the winner interview that we did, check it out on the Poker Grol social media channels. Our guys Antonio Abrego Enrique Malfavon. They caught the winning moment that I'm kind of trying to describe right now, and it was just it's awesome to see. Not only does he act like that, but Grinder's got this whole crew that comes with him and they're so bought in to all of it too, Like, you know, it's it's really refreshing because I would like to think that if I were to win a bracelet, or if I would win any tournament, Fuck Jesus, I would want to I would act like that, you know, because I would just be so elated, so over the top with with actually accomplishing that. And this guy just keeps on doing it and keeps on doing it, and it's still it's like it's his first time and it is just so awesome to see. In a way, I kind of wonder if we take this guy for granted with how freaking cool he is now, I know, yeah, we can make fun of his play sometimes and he's not exactly the most studied Solver era type of player, you know, but he's freaking awesome. He's the freaking Grinder. Like it's just it's it really is so cool. And it's also like when you see a run like this, you could almost tell, like at least I felt like I could tell, like you saw he came he bought in on day one he got a huge stack and you were just kind of thinking, like, he's gonna win. I know, this tournament has to go three more days. I know how tough this tournament is. You know, it's a k PLO championship against well, first of all, the field size is more than eight hundred entries, right, that's not easy to get through. Then as good as these players are in this tournament, I mean, it's just like, yeah, he's gonna win. You can sense it. You're like, yeah, this is what grinder does. And I feel like he can also sense it. You know. It's it's kind of like smelling blood in the water, but it's a little bit more fun and playful. Then then that might be. You know, just over the last fifteen months, he won that fifty k PPC for a fourth time, right, that's just insane. Then he wins the main event, of course, then he snapped and ducted it into the Boker Hall of Fame on the set. You know. Then he follows it up this summer by winning I mean, one of the toughest PLO fields of the summer. I know that there's higher buying PLO events, but when you couple the price point here of ten k with the fact that it had eight hundred and thirty six entries. I mean, this probably is the toughest ten k PLO or the toughest PILO tournament of the summer to win, and he just ripped through it like it was nothing, you know, So we got to give him as rocky his flowers. He's an absolute gem in the industry. Ever since he came in and was doing his damn thing on the World Poker Tour back in the day, the Grinder like he has been. He has been awesome from start to finish. And I know for some time there he did kind of dip out of the spotlight. He wasn't around as much.
Speaker 2: Whatever.
Speaker 1: He's fucking back and it's so great that the Grinder is back and having the success like this.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: Yes, the style is unconventional. Yes, he doesn't maybe fit the mold of everyone else out there that's doing the whole solver stuff and trying to be excellent and learn theory and all that sort of crap. But the guy is just an absolute freaking beast. Like it's just so much fun. Nine bracelets, four PPC's. He's the WSB Main Event, champ Wild Poker Hall of Famer. You know, he's won in all these different games, he's got the WPT success on top of it all. Like there are few people that have had that type of career anywhere, like that type of success. It's not just poker, it's like anywhere winning all that that type of stuff. Like, you know, it's just I just I kind of want to just stop. And I know it's easy to kind of laugh and say, like he's just grinder. He's doing grinder things. Yeah, he got hot for three or four days or whatever, But I don't know, I feel like we need to stop and kind of just appreciate this thing because we're never going to see another Grinder ever, Like there is never going to be another Michael Musaki ever. So I mean, it's just so cool and I hope he's just around forever. I really hope he is, and I hope he's still winning because it's simply the best thing in the world to watch when it happens. One winner that we haven't talked about yet, but of course we have to talk about her, that is sky Chen. She captured her first World Series of Poker Brasa by winning the record setting Ladies Championship one K buy in here fourteen hundred and seventy five entries. Chen, who is a former software engineer, she won one hundred and ninety four thousand dollars. This event continues to perform really well. You know, I mentioned the fact that it was a record setter. It topped last year's record setting field by around one hundred entries, and Chen is on top of them all. Plenty of players every single year they chase bracelets, chase bracelets, chase bracelets. Of course, Chen finally got her. She did it on the big stage. This was live stream for multiple days. She made what has to be the call the summer, has to be maybe the call of many summers when she it was heads up against Aubrey Williams, and this freaking hero call was outrageous. I mean, if one of those hands were you got to look at the opponent as well, and in this case Aubrey Williams, and you have to say the bluff you tried to pull was awesome. You just have to tip your cap to the other player because they just did you one better.
Speaker 2: The hand.
Speaker 1: If you guys haven't seen it, go find it. It's during heads up play. We got Queen nine for Williams. Queen nine of diamonds. We have a ten of clubs for Chen. Williams starts by limping the button. Chen raises from the big lines. She makes it three point seven big blinds. Williams calls in position jack eight three two hearts. So Williams flops a gutter with an over. Chen's got the back door as ace high. It goes check check turn is the deuce of clubs. Chen checks Williams bet what I think was two thirds pot. Chen makes the call, okay, seems pretty fine, and standard pot is I think around five million, maybe a little bit more. On the river rivers is seven of clubs. Chen checks Williams jams for one hundred and fifty percent pot and and Chen is like, like I think she said, like why why all in? Why did why didn't you just bet? And she she tank calls with a high with ace ten. Williams shows the Queen nine for Queen high and Chen was just good there and that allowed her to take a big chip lead and ultimately she was able to go on to win the tournament from there. You know, Aubrey Williams could never fully recover. But man, that was an outrageously good call. Like an outrageously good call. I mean you got to give it to Williams as well for absolutely going for it there, and I mean it almost worked. But ultimately Chen was just a little bit better on this day. She said to Poker News in the Winter interview. This is Chen talking about this specific call. She said, it really felt like she was representing something extremely strong. I just kept thinking and kept thinking, kept thinking, Oh, just like, this doesn't make any sense in terms of how it goes. The sizing just seemed like it was meant to intimidate me. I'm definitely not as studied or as experienced as she is. And so if I'm going to take a fifty to fifty to try to win a tournament, right there, this is going to be the moment. Well it was the freaking moment, and holy crap, that was an absolutely incredible call from sky Chen. And then she goes on to win the one hundred and ninety four thousand dollars and she is the Ladies Championship winner. She outlasted fourteen hundred and seventy four other players in this event, and that is a career defining moment for her. I mentioned former software engineer. Interesting that I was also reading through the Poker News recap that she came to Vegas not to play poker. She came with friends who were and those friends were playing in a majong tournament and she was, I guess, just tagging along, hanging out whatever, and then decided to take her shot. She's mostly a cash game player, doesn't play many many tournaments, you know, dabbles here and there, but she's worked her way up to play five to ten cash. She recently took a break, or she stepped away from her tech career. She was going to do some traveling, just take a break from it all and whatever. Well, I mean maybe now she's just going to be a poker player. With the performance like this, and one hundred and ninety four thousand dollars richer of course, So congratulations to sky Chen for the run there. Now, I do want to touch quickly on the situation that did come up with second place finisher Aubrey Williams. You know, because I know that that did generate a lot of discussion, a lot of bad discussion. I will say Aubrey Williams is a transgender woman. You guys can look up some articles some stuff with her online. I think the view that we need to take here at least this is my view and whatever my podcast. So I'm going to say how I feel. If someone's transitioned, if they live as a woman, if they recognized as a woman, if they recognize themselves as a woman, you know, then why can't she play? And honestly, let's just not be assholes about it on the internet. We all know the Internet is the Internet and it can be assessable of a place. But I mean, come on, people, like, let's we can be better.
Speaker 2: I know.
Speaker 1: I'm like, I don't know. I just feel like I have to tell people. It's like, why do we have to turn it into this thing. She's competing in the same tournament structure as everyone else. And over the years, you know, we've seen men enter the Ladies' tournament or the ladies Championship simply because they have this weird rule that you can't exactly keep them out, you know. But they do have a rule in place that if you are a man and you answer you're you have to pay ten k instead of the one k the women get the nine k discount, you know, all that sort of stuff, and people have taken advantage of that and they've tried to play but that's acting in bad faith and runs completely against what the spirit of this event is supposed to be. In this sort of situation, one of the things that I tend to look towards is, you know, how are the people in the tournament, this subsection of the community. You know, how are they reacting, what are they saying? And I think listening to those people is oftentimes going to be the right way to go about things versus, you know, just trying to stand here and be the one yelling about something that's you know, I don't know. Different to me, if the women in poker, and especially the ones that played this tournament, if they are fine with this, and if they feel someone belongs and if they welcome her into the field, then that carries a lot of weight with me. Then some random outrage from some dudes sitting in his basement at home, like, I don't care about that shit. You know, this is pretty straightforward. People should be allowed to live their lives as they choose, and especially so when they're not harming anyone else, Like if this isn't harming anyone else then who cares? Okay, it's wildly disappointing to see the amount of hate that is levied on people and gets directed at people coming from the on world. And we all know and we all say it that, you know, online, this type of hatred, bullying, whatever, Like it's extremely bad, yes, but part of that is like this stuff is online. They are streaming this stuff in YouTube, It is on social media, so there are chats, there are conversations, you know, there are places to go and talk and put stuff out there. But you don't have to agree with someone, you don't have to share the same life experiences as someone to just treat them with basic decency, Like why are we out here trying to like dehumanize people over something that has nothing to do with you, honestly nothing to do with you. So attacking a person simply for existing or living their life isn't something that I will ever get behind. And if that's you out there, and if you're the one like throwing that shit around and you know, levying those comments, et cetera, I mean, just just grow up, right, just just grow up, take a look in the mirror and just just grow up or just better yet, just get offline and don't bother anyone. Matthew Higgins winning the one K Mystery Millions. Now this field, remember we talked about it, twenty two thousand, eight hundred and eleven entries. He turned the one k entry into one million dollars, his first bracelet, his largest live score to date. But he is a seasoned pro is Matthew Higgins, and a lot of people had a lot to say about Matthew Higgins in terms of like how well liked he is around the circuit. You could see in his winter photo that was I think forty or fifty people deep. You know, a lot of people that like I've kind of been around. They said, you know, oh yeah, you know, Matt won that. Matt won that, like, you know, so he's he's definitely out there and he's well liked. I knew of Matthew Higgins, Okay, I didn't know exactly how well he performed in these big field, smaller Briyan Nolam Holden tournaments. Now, of course, nothing that I'm about to get into is on the scale of a twenty two thousand and eight, one hundred and eleven entry field that is their mystery millions, right, But this resume for Matthew Higgins is outrageous. It's just absolutely outrageous. He won the WSIBY Circuit Chalktaw main event in twenty twenty five I think that was in November, for two hundred and eighteen thousand dollars, probably eight hundred nine hundred entries in that one.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 1: He wins the Dubasiby Circuit Tunica main event the year before, twenty twenty four for one hundred and sixty seven thousand dollars, probably similar feel size. He also in twenty twenty four he won the four hundred dollars Beau Ravage Heater for two hundred and twenty two thousand dollars, a four hundred dollars tournament he won for two hundred and twenty two thousand dollars because it had four thousand, seven hundred and four entries in that damn thing. Then he has twenty twenty five I'm a I'm all over the place on dates here, but whatever doesn't matter, twenty twenty fives Circuit Cherokee four hundred dollars buying mini main he wins it for one hundred and thirty two thousand dollars because it had three thousand, four hundred and three entries. Twenty twenty three WS to Be Circuit Cherokee. These these next four things are all that the WS Top Circuit event in Cherokee twenty twenty three, four hundred dollars Monster Sack event, he wins that for ninety nine thousand dollars, had two thousand and sixty one entries. Twenty twenty one, he wins a four hundred dollar Nolanan Hold Them event for one hundred and eleven k because it had two thousand, four hundred and thirty seven entries. Twenty eighteen, three hundred and sixty five dollars buy in Nolanan Hold Him tournament. He wins that for one hundred and one thousand dollars two thousand, six hundred and eight entries. I mean, it's wild that somebody can win those that big of poker tournaments in such a relatively short period of time. I mean, how the hell you can get through fields like that and constantly win. Then you if you look at his hand to mobby even more, He's got a second place in a twenty twenty two WPT seminal hard Rock Tampa event six hundred dollars buying Nolan At hold him second place for two hundred and eight thousand dollars because the field was four three hundred and sixty three entries, and then another circuit main event Cherokee in twenty twenty four he gets second for one hundred and sixty thousand dollars. I mean, what in the world is this guy on. I mean, somebody checked this guy for peds. I mean, holy crap, man, Like this is freaking wild to have this success, Like he won two circuit main events, he got second in another one. He's probably got other results that I didn't even bother looking through because I was through, like, you know, a dozen already. Then he's got all this small buying but multiple thousands of players and entries in the field. I mean, this is just freaking wild, right. He told Poker News afterwards that since that Chalkdaw main event win back in November, he was on about a three hundred thousand dollars downs and now he rips off this this million dollar score for winning the mistery makes I mean, this is just freaking While Dominic Panka finished second for six hundred and forty thousand dollars, David ODB Baker, friend of the Pod my Guy, seventh place for one hundred and seventy six thousand dollars. Brian Smith fifth place or two hundred and ninety thousand dollars, known as Smitty. You guys might recall he played on one of the Venetian tournaments that that Remco and I commentated on. Great Dude. He pulled one hundred thousand dollars bounty in this tournament and it was going for some charity, which is awesome. You know. He gave a little speech about how he was pointing for the charity and then he just rips off six figures hunter K. So a lot of cool stuff that came out of the Mystery millions. But I mean, just holy hell, this this resume for Matthew Higgins. I mean, Jesus, I don't know how you do that in poker. It's absolutely wild. Speaking of wild, something that I forgot to talk about maybe a week or so ago, made five days.
Speaker 2: I don't even know.
Speaker 1: Elis Parsonen He got his second bracelet this summer, his third overall. He won the twenty five k half Nolan at Hold Him Half PLO of and he topped a field of two hundred and fourteen entries to win one million, one hundred and seventy two one thousand dollars. Earlier before this, he won the twenty five K POO for more than two point one million dollars. I mean, this is just wild for this guy to win these two tournaments, but here he is doing it. I mean, hello, Elis parsonen, you know. And now with these two wins, he has to be somewhere in the running for the Basis Player of the Year race. I mean, I don't think anyone would have guessed that that Elis Parson would be in the mix for the Basby Player of the Year, but here he is. And when you figure that, you know there's there's some big buying stuff coming up. Then you know, I think he's got a shot, right, you know, I don't. I'm not going to sit here and exactly handicap the whole thing. But coupled with you know what's going to be coming at Paradise in December, if he goes there, you know a lot of big buying Nolan and Holdeman and polo stuff. Yes, he's a PLO specialist, but he also plays the big buying Nolan Holdham stuff. So maybe we'll see a run and another kind of a surprise Player of the year guy here in Elis Parson and he defeated finished legend U haa Helpi in second place. Sean Winter came close again third place. There you had Lou Garza, he was the defending champion of this event. He got sixth place. Tande Ogranu got seventh place. Dan Lindy got eighth place in the five K six Max that wrapped up on Wednesday. Marcus Gonsalvez top day field of fourteen hundred and two entries to win his first bracelet almost a million dollar score nine hundred and seventy nine thousand dollars. He's mainly a cash game player, is Gonsolvez. You might have seen him on some episodes of No Gamble, No Future Blasting Away. I think he was also on Cash to the Titans. Doesn't play many tournaments, plays somewhere between like two and five a year. I actually played with him in the WSB main event a couple of years ago. My starting table was him, Frankie Brandon, Ryan Brown was out there. That's when I first got worried of Ryan Brown. I had to fold the queens to the aces of Ryan Brown. That table was very tough, but Marcus was at that table. Yeah, Marcus is a good dude. Again, mostly plays cash but comes out on top. Here. One note about this field size, I think it had a nice little boost fourteen hundred and two entries. I think it was a around eleven hundred maybe eleven fifty something like that last year, so maybe a little bit of momentum here. Entering the WSP main event in the ten K seven card stud high low eight or better, Matt Grapman then known as Grapes. He won the event for four hundred and fifteen thousand dollars, top day field of one hundred and ninety entries. Jack Jermaine finished in second place, Max Coleman third. Caitlin Komeski, she had a deep run in the Ladies Championship. I think she finished fourth, maybe fifth, and here she finishes fifth for ninety seven thousand dollars. Chris Brewer also final table this event, finishing in sixth place. Matt Craven then second bracelet for him. He won the ten K stud backing at twenty fourteen, so it's been a while. It's been twelve years since Grapes is back in the waspy winner circle, but a year he is winning the prestigious ten K seven card stud High Low for four hundred and fifteen thousand dollars. All right, it is time to check in on Daniel and Legrando's run. Five players are maining in thee hundred k PLO High Roller Dan and m'grano, at least according to Poper News. Here he is the chip leader. He leads ahead. It's a small lead ahead of Christopher Frank. You got Yosuki Mickey in the mix, Philip Sternheimer and Archer Martrosian rounding out the five more than two million dollars more than two point two million dollars up top Sean Winter. Another deep run for mister Winter, but ultimately falls short of winning the race at sixth place for him for almost four and a thousand dollars. Jeremy Osmas had another final table run here, eighth place for two hundred and sixty k. I believe they're going to be wrapping this one up at some point. It is it's twelve twenty eight am here, so I don't think they can be playing much longer. They'll probably wrap this one up, come back on Thursday, probably a four or five players left in go from there. But Dan Neggs, he is in the mix. He always talks about whether it's on his vlogs, interviews, on various streams, you know, in person, whatever it is, how he loves PLO and he feels like it suits him his style of play. So here he is in the hundred k PLO high roller looking to win bracelet number eight and well over two million dollars. But we'll just wellt to check in on the next episode for that one. Ws BE Main event is coming on Thursday. It is Day one A four starting flights. Of course, last year's Day one A drew nine hundred and twenty three entries I think it was last year was nine thousand, seven hundred and something. For the total field size, I know numbers have kind of bounced around. I will say that the the Mini main Event saw a nice boost in numbers. So last year Martin Cabrell of course won the WSP Mini Main Event ten thousand, seven hundred and ninety four entries. This year they were over twelve thousand. They had twelve thousand, five hundred and sixty entries. But now this is freeze out per starting fight. Last year only had two starting flights. This year had three starting flights, one.
Speaker 2: A, one B, one C.
Speaker 1: So that's why we did see the uptick. But still, you know it does show demand right that, you know it does go up. So I think things are if we were thinking, you know a lot of this stuff was down. If it was down, it was down. Let's say fifteen to twenty percent. If people are thinking, okay, well, let's just assign a decline of fifteen to twenty percent for the WSP main event, I mean, that seems like a big number. I don't think it's going to be that big of a drop. So if it got nine seven hundred and thirty five last year, I'm thinking ninety two hundred ish. I know, I was very bullish, you know, up until like two weeks ago. Probably I don't know. I mean, and we'll see. I just I don't know, you know. I just I feel like maybe it's just not gonna blow doors. That said, and I always say this, if you get nine thousand injuries, if you get eight thousand enchries for a ten K freeze out I mean, that's still a really really good number. Yes, of course, we're going to compare it to what it got the past year, and you know, if it dips, that's not going to be two years in a row that it dips. Like I get it, you know, But I mean, I don't know. Things are. Things are just tougher now. You know, you have cryptos kind of down, bitcoins down. It's just expensive out there, right like all this sort of stuff. So I don't know. I mean, maybe there's gonna be a ton of satellite winners coming in that I'm just unaware of. We talked about the Masado Yokosawa stuff where he was bringing in two hundred plus people from Japan to play. So you know, if those people are gonna all be playing the WSMI, an event that maybe haven't played in past years, maybe that's a nice little boost there. So I'll say, ninety one seventy seven is my number right now. Ninety one seventy seven. So I would say the only the only real concern I would have if I was the WSIP would be a number that's sub eight thousand. Anything above eight thousand, I feel like I can come up with twelve different reasons why it's that low. So that's not that big of a deal at least in my opinion. And I don't think anyone out there should should freak out. Let's say the number comes in it I don't know, eighty four hundred, Okay, I don't think we should all just freak out, right, you know, Yeah, we'll like to start getting it back up. And one of the things is interesting is obviously there's a lot to be made about the fact that the WSP is going to be on ESPN this year, specifically the WSP Final Table is going to be live on ESPN. But are people coming out this year just with that idea or is it going to take a year, maybe two years for that to kick in, Meaning people see it this year, they say, oh, yeah, I want to go do that. Oh let's go, and then they start planning for next year. And then that's when we see the benefits of putting it on an outlet like ESPN to really come home. So, you know, again, I don't think there's really going to be any sort of cause for concern this year unless it is sub eight thousand. But I'm not going there, you know, I'm up over nine thousand still is where I'm at. I believe I'm going to play on Day one C on Saturday, which is July fourth. I feel like I have to play that that day because that's the day I played last year, and I had a really good run at it. So hopefully I can just continue that on and do as good as I did last year. But of course, you know, let's not try and have any sort of crazy expectations with this behemoth of a tournament that is coming up. Speaking of the mini main event, twelve five hundred and sixty entries, I finished in one hundred and twenty sixth I finished in one hundred and twenty six and I busted. Let me look what time I busted, because I texted my sweat thread that I busted at four to twenty five PM, So it's twelve thirty four am, so it's been about eight hours. A little bit more than eight hours. I have just never felt like I have blown a spot more than this one. Now on the drive home and listen, if you guys don't want to hear about me talk about this shit, then just turn the podcast off and I'll see on the next episode. But as I've said before, I'll say again, this is my podcast. I'll talk about what I want. This is a bit of a therapy session as well for me. On the drive home, you know, it takes me whatever twenty minutes to get home. Let's say I'm just thinking, like, man, I didn't need to bust like I did. Now on the other side, I'm thinking, well, one, you're gonna make mistakes, Okay, that's just gonna happen in pokers. You can't expect to be perfect, and I'm certainly nowhere near perfect as a poker player. Like I try and improve, I try and get better. But yeah, I screwed this up and I misread kind of a situation and how I assessed a player. I went for a bluff and I bluffed into the stone nuts. I was drawing stone dead when I put the money in on the flop, stone dead, okay, which is about the most dejecting feeling in the universe. When you just go all in the person calls, they turn their hands. When somebody who is a decent to good player, you know, or better, when you go all in against them and they look back at their cards, you just fucking know that they have it and they're just verifying quickly that they have it like they either if it's pre flopped, they probably have vases or kings, and if it's on the flop, they just have like the nuts. This person just had the enough flush and I'm just out of out the door. So that's dejecting, like because you're just like I can't even and like the person's hand. I couldn't even hit like runner runner or straight flush or like something insane. So I was literally just stone out. I was like, well, okay, sweet, see you later. Blew that one.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: The positive thing that I would try and tell myself is like we're down to one hundred and twenty six players or whatever it is. I mean, the average sack is like fourteen big blinds. It's an absolute hit show, Like you have no play in this tournament whatsoever. Which listen, I don't mind. You know, I've played a lot of dailies around town. You play a lot of stuff online where it just gets to be like this, everyone's short at the end and it's just whatever that said, you do have to adjust because fourteen big blinds is you know, it's the new twenty it's the new twenty five. Like you just have to adjust, and I busted when I had I had eleven or twelve big lines. So on one side, I'm like, you know what, I kind of have to The positive thing I would tell myself is like, you have to kind of make you have to take a spot if you think you have it. Maybe I don't know. That's if I was trying to, you know, paint this with rose colored glasses. But I just I don't know. I didn't need to do what I did, and I have been happy or content with I think every single decision that I have made except for this one. And it came in one of the biggest spots.
Speaker 4: Now I know.
Speaker 1: I had that deep run in the Millionmaker as well, and that was obviously a big spot. I ultimately just lost a flip at the end ace King to nine and that was that this one. Yeah, it just it's also like the way that this last day went. I came in with sub ten big blinds, had like nine point seventy five big blinds. The first hand delt it goes raise jam I jam from the small blind raiser folds. The guys got kings, I got eight's. I had the eight of spades six five, four, all spades, I brick out. I have two big blinds. I spin that shit up to forty seven big blinds, and I'm like, here we go. I am sun running this tournament, like let's go. Then obviously, blinds go up, you lose some pots here and there. Like whatever you get down, you get down. That's just how it is. But I know that even when you have like even when you can kind of see the finish line, you know where you came from, which is a field of more than twelve thousand entries, you know that you're getting down to what is almost double digits, you're approaching getting to one hundred left. You can almost be like, okay, like is this gonna be the one? And then you just you just make a bad decision and you blow it. So I just I just I don't know. Maybe I'm just being too hard on myself. And again this is my little therapy session, and I'm just annoyed. But I know when I say that I'm happy or content with all of my decision points and all of the hands that I have played up until this point, that is not me saying that every hand that I've played up until this point is correct. I'm sure I've made four hundred mistakes, okay, But I also feel like in the moment, just trying to make the best decision possible. I have done that up until this point, and I made the worst decision possible because it ultimately caused me to bust out of the tournament. And I just don't know what would happen if I would have just played it differently, folded, moved on, not tried to blah blah blah whatever. And like, I don't know, I punted it off. Man, what the f you guys want me to say? And I'm just I'm so mad at myself. So I mean, I'll it's just in the moment, those couple hours right after you bust a tournament, in a big spot like this, you just feel it. I'm human. At the end of the day, I'll sleep on it tonight, I'll wake up in the morning, no big deal, and move on with my life. But right now, yes, it does sting. So that's that the positive side of things. I had that deep run. I think it was two hundred and seventieth in the Millie Maker. I got eight hundred dollars there here, one hundred and twenty six out of whatever, twelve thy five hundred and something got another ak here. So so two really good runs, you know, feel like I'm playing really good poker, feel like I'm pretty locked in. So I am excited for the wously main event to come on. One of the things that I'm most happy with myself for whatever reason, and I've you know, I've played a decent amount of poker in my life, both live and online. I don't know, I would, for whatever reason when I play pots, my like I would breathe a little heavier, my pulse would go a little bit faster, et cetera. That happened for the first two tournaments that I played this summer. I remember busting out of that second tournament and talking coming home, talking to my good friend Moe Nuara, who's had success this summer as well, you know, good for him. He was staying with me, and I was just telling him about you know, like my basically my physical being, like my breathing, my my palls, which you know you can probably see in my neck and whatever like, and he was saying like how his his does the same thing, and obviously a lot of people do that. I mean, it's just I even saw I was watching a clip the other day of on Daniel's log and he was breathing a little heavy in the spot. You know, not that necessarily means one thing or the other. It's just how your body reacts. But ever since I had that conversation with mo, I, I don't know, I've stopped it and I just I guess I just go into every turn and I say, listen, you're going to have certain decision points all throughout the day. The only thing that you can do is make what you think is the best decision point in that moment. And when you make the decision, it's over and done with. Like if you go all in and the guy's in the tank, like it doesn't matter. Just there's no reason for you to like kind of freak out inside or have any sort of like physical build up or your pulse going up or your blood pumping or whatever, because that decision is done and at the end of the day, it's just poker. So I really had a lot of personal talks with myself, and that's probably one of the best things I've gained from this summer of playing, is that I'm just I don't know, I'm as calm as I've ever been when I've played, so hopefully that means good things to come, you know, as I can continue to stay calm in the moments here. It wasn't a matter of like not being calm. I just went for a spot misreading a situation and it just freaking blew up in my face. But yeah, I'm just frustrated with that. So I'm gonna think about it for another hour or so before I go to bed, and then I'll wake up and it'll be behind me. But that's the pod. I appreciate you guys for staying with me. I know I went on a little bit of a therapy session there at the end. Had a lot of winners to hit on as well. Thank you for Sean Dee for taking the time to chat with me. It's made of en time boys and girls, and I cannot freaking wait one more shout out that I have to do. Remko Rinkoma dropped his second Face the Ace podcast with Andrew Lucky Chewy Lichtenberger. That is amazing. You can catch it on the Poker YouTube channel. You can catch it on this feed as well. And shout out to Chad from Tennessee played with him today. He was very short. He spun up some chips. I think he ultimately yeah, I think he ultimately busted out. I don't know where exactly, but it was a pleasure playing with you, Chad. I wish good things for you going forward, and hopefully you know you keep hope you keep avoiding the little collusion at the table and can continue to go deep in some tournament. All right, that's gonna do it for me. My name is Donny Peters and this has been the Poker Go Podcast. Shout out to producer rich Ryan for getting this up. I will talk to you guys next time.
Speaker 3: Night on the Canny expressed