Speaker 1: And here we go with the Minnesota goodbye. We're gonna dive right into one of the what was the thing we before? We did though? We talked about earlier go into a swingers party. Yeah, because Jenny said something about wouldn't that be weird to go to a swingers party?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I did.
Speaker 3: I was like, I just feel like, how can you engage in certain activities? But also like what if you get stuck with the one FuG in the group?
Speaker 2: You know what I mean? And like, are you gonna still wanna get Well, I think.
Speaker 1: You have it. I don't know, but I think you have a choice. You don't have to get stuck with anybody. And the videos that I've seen on porn hub are usually equally attractive.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but that's on porn hub because Jenny says, what if you get stuck with the one thug? And I think, like, what if you get lucked out with the one good looking guy that's there, because there's gonna be one.
Speaker 1: Nice with the one then he's with the one really hot exactly there.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so you're you're bound to be with someone who's not that cute.
Speaker 1: Well I would, I would think, And I don't know I've known two swingers in my life, both women, and they were both probably mid forties or so, and they called it the lifestyle, and they said, it's a very social thing. It's not all just about the sex. And I'm like, yeah, I've been to a lot of parties that were a very social thing. I can't imagine working sex into there. To me, it's a very odd thing. But a friend of mine who listens to the show I won't say who, she went to a swinger's party. Unbeknownst to her. Her boyfriend said, Hey, we're going to go to a house party. And they went in and they walked past all the bedrooms and there were people in there hooking up, and they didn't do anything. It was a little uncomfortable, so they left. But I'm going to guess that you just kind of like wander into a bedroom and then you maybe watch a little bit, and then maybe you kind of decide to participate. But I think, like I have any idea what I'm talking about. The protocol is if you don't want to be around somebody, then you don't have to be around.
Speaker 3: Them, right of course, And I feel like that's probably common knowledge. But I also feel like you've got to be just like pretty horny of a person who does have like any insecurities because to go into a room and like, I know, we had one girl on who said that like people will watch and whatever, and it's like I'm already thinking about things that are happening.
Speaker 1: In my line.
Speaker 3: Now I have a crowd watching me get it on, Like I'm not going to be turned on in that moment.
Speaker 1: Well, but some people I think would.
Speaker 2: That's what I'm.
Speaker 3: Saying is like I think like there's a lot of people. I think a lot of swingers probably aren't the type of people who are just so sexual and don't think as much during sex they're able to completely get out of their heads.
Speaker 2: Maybe I'm wrong. I don't know if any swingers are listening.
Speaker 3: I would love to hear your perspective, but I just feel like I couldn't do it, probably because I don't want to, but also because like I would just get what stage fright, That's what I'd get?
Speaker 2: Where's the lube?
Speaker 1: I think that they're I mean, if you're going to go to a swingers party, you've got to have a certain sexual desire to watch and to be watched and to swap out with somebody else. I don't know how they work, but it's always been fascinating to me the different degrees of sexual comfort that people have. Some people are very, very sexual creatures, and some people are like that, I'm gonna had sex in fifteen years and I don't even miss it. And I'm like wow, because most people would be very not uncomfortable, but very unhappy with that.
Speaker 4: Sure, you think most people, but maybe you think you or most people, but maybe most people don't care.
Speaker 5: I don't know who's the most people. We can never.
Speaker 1: Tell, you know. And that's the thing is, you never can tell when you walk through your office. You never can tell what people there are into. You never know. All Right, We're gonna move on to the next one. Happy twenty twenty five to my favorite morning crew. Random question for you. Take your age divide by two. What is a piece of advice that you now have for you at that age? Jenny, you're thirty four, let's go back to seventeen years old. What piece of advice would you have for that person?
Speaker 3: Stop fucking car about what everyone thinks about you, Just be yourself. I feel like I was such a I wanted to I wanted everyone to like me. In high school, I wanted to be friends with everyone. I was also very insecure about my financial situation in my family because we were very poor compared to most of my friends because I hung out with like the rich jocks and stuff. And I also was so insecure about that. And I've come to a point in my life where I don't give a shit if I have a mansion or a house that like, I can just live in. What matters is be happy, like But I was so insecure about money and stuff.
Speaker 1: Okay, Bailey, I.
Speaker 4: Would probably say, you don't need a boyfriend. They're not worth it, so quit wasting your brain space on wanting a boyfriend.
Speaker 5: And also, don't drop out of choir. Keep doing choir.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, out.
Speaker 4: I dropped out before high school. So but I wish I hadn't. But whatever, I mean, if I hadn't, then maybe I could be somewhere else. I could be a better singer and know how to do it. And I don't know any tech I could be on probably not.
Speaker 1: It's a pop part up rightway, you know? You could be on Broadway dressed as Minnie Mouse and having tours take a picture with you, Yeah, I have one thing.
Speaker 2: No, you have to ruin everything, and that's.
Speaker 1: What I'm here for.
Speaker 5: One email.
Speaker 4: What would you tell yourself half your age, buddy, get.
Speaker 1: It, get it, get it, get it Gerald, No, I wouldn't be fifteen. I'd be about thirty. No, I would say seriously, I would say, don't let don't wait for other people to promote your career. You go promote your own career. Because there's been a lot of stumbling blocks that I've waited for other people to, for example, syndicate the show. And I really believe we have one of the best shows in the country, but it wasn't up to me. I left it to other people who didn't want to do that. So I would say, don't let other people dictate. And I've told this to Foul and I said, don't sit around here. This is a great place, but do not sit around here and wait for iHeart Radio to decide, Oh, we're going to take Fallon. We're going to send her to Cincinnati, Cleveland, Knoxville, and Tallahassee. You know what I mean, right, don't sit around waiting because they and I told the same thing to Raven. I said, don't sit around waiting for this company. There's nothing wrong with this company, just like any other company. Any company does not go, Wow, what can we do to improve Bailey's career? Yeah, they do not. They go what can we do to ring all of the productivity out of Bailey? Dave, Jenny vont Fallon Colt everybody, what can we do to ring all the productivity out of them that we possibly can. Your company is never going to sit around and go, wow, Suzanne's been working here for four years, it's time to you know, she needs to do better, right.
Speaker 4: They just don't do that for yourself, even if it's within the same company, Because like I've been in companies where I'm just like, you know what, I'm working really hard. I'm going to ask and see if I can get a promotion or a raise or something. And then but if I hadn't done that, I wouldn't have gotten because yeah, you have to kind of be your own advocate.
Speaker 1: And if they don't in that company, then I really think you got to look somewhere else.
Speaker 5: Yeah, spop out of there.
Speaker 1: I think that's really true because yeah, because your company just is not going to be worried about your career advancement. Yeah, so good question, Kristen. She says, keep on dart licking in the new year. Ah right, thank you very much. I'm gonna click delete on that and that. And there's some junk emails coming in. Here's one from Sarah. Dave wondered aloud what it's like when your email is read, and I had to answer for me an introvert. It was a kin to stage fright. My heart rate went up, and I felt that in my tummy as well. I badly wanted the group to respond positively to whatever I had written. So apparently Sarah's written in before. Funnily enough, I was outside with my dogs. I listened to Minnesota Goodbye, and Jenny said, even though we don't want to go outside, we'll feel much better if we do. I can confirm that's true. It was ten degrees. I wasn't out for long, but it felt invigorating. It was comfortable in two pair of pants and three shirts. But I was worried about my short haired dog. Dave, I think of you and Josie every time I run with my eleven year old pooch. When you talk about your girl, I think of my girl, and I get so sad. That she won't always be there. Ah. I have a little sweater that I put on Josie. Yeah, she goes outside and her no boots. No, sometimes I think she needs them, but you know she doesn't complain.
Speaker 2: Damn boots do not stay on.
Speaker 1: They don't stay on.
Speaker 5: That.
Speaker 3: When I first started doing dog watching, I would do a lot of dog walking to and in the winter, the lots of owners would want those boots on. I would lose those damn boots and then I'd have to go retrace my stack steps and find that they never stay on.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I think we got boots for re Rexar Collie years ago, and the first thing you did is pick them up and try to shake them off. Yeah, so well, yeah, yeah, get outside. I take Josie for a walk all most every night, even if it's really cold. I put on one of those like insulated face masks that they're nice. Yeah, because that way I don't have to worry about the wind blowing in my face, and I really enjoy it.
Speaker 2: Do you do it when it's dart I do.
Speaker 1: Sometimes I put on my head lamp and I walk through the woods.
Speaker 3: I think it's good to get outside no matter what. But also like getting outside. It's important to see the sun too. Yeah, it's like direct Like even if you have a ton of windows in your house or wherever you work, that's not the same as being directly in the sun.
Speaker 1: I would agree. Also, I recently watched Presumed Innocent, and it was the most average, not bad, but not good show I've ever watched. I think Dave spoke about it a few months ago. I truly don't remember, but I don't remember if you like it or not. I think the best show I've watched lately is Shrinking. You guys heard of Shrinking.
Speaker 4: It's on Apple TV. It's got Jason Sagall or Jason Jason Siegell in it. I think it's about a therapist, isn't it. I think Jason Siegell and Harrison Ford maybe, isn't it?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 5: Yeah, and it's about therapy.
Speaker 1: I also love Nobody asked for this or whatever that Adam Brody show is called. What are all of your favorites? Thanks for making me smile so often. I'm glad you had a long break, but I miss you like crazy, Sarah. Thank you, Sarah. The latest show that I binged on I started to watch the Jared subway guy. Oh yeah, and it was so depressing and disturbing.
Speaker 5: My mom knew that guy, and she said he's an asshole.
Speaker 1: Really yeah, Jared.
Speaker 4: She used to work in like food, like for the food service industries. So she worked for Pillsbury and General Mills, and so they like would work with him as like kind of a rep sort of endorsement sort of thing.
Speaker 5: Yeah, she said he was a jerk, huge jerk.
Speaker 1: I've heard that he was very cocky.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: We had him come to a promotion that we did twenty ish years ago when he was very popular. Right after my big fat Greek wedding. We did my big fat Fat wedding and Jared came in and made an appearance. We did it at a subway and we looked for the fattest couple that wanted to get married. We wouldn't do that.
Speaker 5: Wow, that's wild that that evens.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we wouldn't do it. Now, we found a couple. They were both fat, they were both overweight, and Jery came in and did an appearance and he was kind you know, he was in and out. It wasn't a big deal. Another show we kind of binged on was It's called Missing You, and it's about a woman who is a detective. It's a London, English, British kind of a show and she's a detective and her dad was murdered and they're trying to figure out who did it and why. And it's a limited series. It's five episodes. We're about we're on episode number five. Just finished four, so that was really good. And then the show that I watched was The Substance, which I really liked. Just over the weekend. Any shows you guys want to recommend.
Speaker 2: I got nothing right now.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm not necessarily watching anything right now. I usually watch or try to rewatch all of the Marvelous Missus Maisel, like once a year. That's my favorite show that's ever been created. Also, Flea Bag is always good.
Speaker 1: For Flea Bag is really good too.
Speaker 4: Yeah good, But those are the ones I usually watch. I always have Seinfeld on is like a back burner. So if I am not active watching something and I just want to sit and like zone out, all put on Seinfeld.
Speaker 5: But I'm only like halfway through it.
Speaker 1: I'm impressed that you like Seinfeld because you strike me as the kind of person who would not like Seinfeld. Now, I don't mean that in a negative way. But a lot of people like Seinfeld Strup, but I don't get it.
Speaker 4: I don't like Frasier. I think that is kind of cocky. But I like Seinfeld because I really like George Costanza. He just seems like the people's people, even though he's really problematic in general.
Speaker 5: I just like it. It's a good vibe.
Speaker 4: Their outfits are cute, their problems aren't real problems.
Speaker 5: I love it.
Speaker 1: It is a good show. Did you like the Office? Oh? I love the Office? Good Obsessed Shannon says, welcome back friends. Good to hear you again. It's your friendly flight attendant. After a crazy holiday of flying, I was thinking of the strangest things passengers say. I will list some below, But what are some commonly weird questions or sayings you get related to your job? Here we go with things she heard from passengers. They've got me seated in the back of the bus. Please stop saying this. This microaggression is completely unrests necessari. Okay, stop saying that they put me in back with the help. Stop Is this the men's bathroom? While pointing at the lab lab. I guess that there are weird things that people say weird. We say, oh, we're back in steerage. So because they use that term on Titanic. Oh like, oh, well, the filth you are Irish people go back with the steerage or with the steerage. So Susan and I are like on a plane and we're way back in row forty two. We're like, oh, we're back in steerage. Weird things that people say to us. The radio, Yeah, yeah, we get that all the time. I don't listen to the radio. Okay, well, I don't shop at your Walmart.
Speaker 5: Something like that. But why do you keep out asking me about it?
Speaker 4: That's me because I'm I'm new, so people I know knew me before this, and they'll be like, so.
Speaker 5: How's how's the show? How's this? How's that? Oh? I don't listen to the radio. I'm like, then, why do you keep asking me about it? Geeesh?
Speaker 1: I get that once in a while too. It's like Dave like, yeah, what do you say?
Speaker 5: I say, he's fine, he's nice.
Speaker 1: Good. I'll take that seriously. I'll take that.
Speaker 4: It depends on if they're actually interested. If they're actually interested, i'll go into detail. But if they're just asking to make conversation. Then I'll just be like, yeah, he's fine.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, what kind of detail you go into?
Speaker 5: No, I'm just like, oh, well, well, usually they say like how did you get that job?
Speaker 4: Because they're jealous, So then I go into that, and then I say like, yeah, he's a nice guy, he's kind. I've had mean bosses and he's not a mean boss. Oh well good, Yeah.
Speaker 1: I'll take that seriously. Then she goes on to say, all right, happy twenty twenty five from Shannon, Thank you Shannon. Next one is not a Minnesota goodbye. So let's try this one. Here we go from Kristen. Been wanting to write in for a while, but I never have anything good enough to actually be a discussion, that is until now. You know what's really pissing me off lately using age as an excuse to be a fucking My husband and I are currently going through some issues with both of our families, and the excuse is always the same, Well, you know, so and so is old and that's just how they are, and that's such bullshit. Don't use being sixty plus as a crutch to you just being a mean person. In my opinion, grow up and be an adult. Why do you have to be a crotchety old bag and think being horrible to others is a good justification to that Due to this generalization, BS, I've cut off all elders in my personal family due to my own piece, because I've grown to realize when you get older, you choose who you want to be around and you are no longer forced to spend time with people that you don't want, and this includes family. Anyway, Thanks for listening to my rant. What are your thoughts on this? Am I crazy thinking this is socially unacceptable behavior? Am I becoming the crotchety old bag? Just kidding? I'm thirty years old and I just know better. If I don't have anything nice to say, I just don't. That's a crazy concept, apparently. I hope you guys have a great day. Thanks for always making me giggle during work. Selfishly, I'm glad you guys back from your time off because listen to reruns really made me miss you. Guys, Love always, Kristin Julie's mom. Many years ago, my ex Julie her mom once said, when you get older, you either mellow out or you become crankier, and so I really think that's true. My dad actually became much more mellow and peaceful. He was a very quietly intense person when he was younger. But I think that's true. I think that, you know, I'm older like your relatives are, and I do find myself being cranky and judgmental, and Susan will call me on it sometimes she'll be like, God, stop being so negative. I'm like, you're right, Yeah I am, because I don't want to become well well for the moment. Yeah, And I think I have good days and bad days. But I don't think that it's necessarily an age thing. I think it's a personality thing. I know plenty of older people in their sixties, seventies and eighties who are wonderful, warm and kind. Yeah, like our old general manager Mark. He's the one who hired me and I run into him once a year or so, and he's got to be seventy five, close to eighty, and he's wonderfully warm and kind. Mama Ronda seems to be wonderfully warm and kind.
Speaker 4: She's pretty crotchety, is she croschedy? I mean, both my parents have kind of have gotten crotchety in their older age, where they'll complain a lot and then they will justify their complaints. Like the emailer has said, I.
Speaker 1: Wonder if it's because, I mean, there might be a correlation. When we are not feeling good, we get cranky, we get short with people. Sure, and when you're older, shit hurts on you. Your back hurts, your hip hurts, your bunyan's hurt all time. I wonder if there's a correlation between not feeling good and being cranky.
Speaker 4: I'm in pain, therefore I'm going to complain about my neighbors or whatever. Yeah, yeah, x y Z okay, any other thoughts on that January Your people crotchety?
Speaker 3: My parents are pretty decently upbeat. My dad was crotchety for a while when he had a job that he worked for forty years that he hated, and I called him on that like a handful of years ago, and then he kind of stopped bitching about that. Yeah, but for the most part, they are decently positive. Luckily, I don't really think I have too many crotchety people that are.
Speaker 5: It's harder.
Speaker 4: It's hard to like call out the people who are crotchety when it's when they should be called out on. Like if my mom's complaining hard, She'll complain and complain and complain, and I'll be like, I don't know what you want me to say, and then she'll get mad at me because I'm not like feeding into her complaint. So it's hard to like call them out and have them change.
Speaker 1: Okay, you know, do you think honestly, I'm just gonna go ahead and say it because it's on my mind. I know somebody who is always crankying down and very negative, but now she's got a boyfriend. Sure, and now she feels loved and she feels appreciated and desired, and so she's been much happier lately. Do you think that it has anything to do with your mom not having that partner that she can go play bingo with, go to church with, or whatever.
Speaker 4: I mean, maybe it could be. I mean, my mom's been like single for my whole life, really your whole life, my whole life. Wow, And she lives alone. She doesn't go out and do stuff. She's like a regular at a couple bars, so she has some like friends there, but like, other than that, she's not an active woman.
Speaker 3: You're so outlet, though I am so still I complain to.
Speaker 4: Right and I'll listen to her, but sometimes she complains about suff where I'm just like, this isn't the thing that be complaining about?
Speaker 5: Why are you doing that?
Speaker 1: And last email on the Minnesota goodbye. We have a bunch of these, so thank you. I always love open to the mailbox. It's kind of like going to the tree on Christmas morning. There's a ton of presents instead of just like one, and it's a sweater that doesn't fit. So thank you for all these appreciated Hello all, says Nathan. Last week I heard a replay of the Nick the Stoner War the Roses for probably the thirtieth time, and I still laugh every time. This is a bit you've replayed probably hundreds of times. Has anybody ever called in or texted in to say they know Nick and now he owns his own bus company, is a CEO, or has spent the last five years in prison? Or did it come out that they were indeed just punking you. Any additional information surrounding your most famous bit would be a greatly appreciated thank you, Nate. Nate, No, we never heard back, which makes me think that they might have been punking us the entire time because it was just so stupid. But I don't know. I will never know. That bit was fifteen ish years ago, back when.
Speaker 5: We at Night keeps you up at night.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yes, Lena was here, so that would have been before two thy twelve or eleven, and so we're going back at least thirteen, fourteen, fifteen years, so we will never know. But thanks for asking. Glad you still enjoy it. And that's it for the Minnesota Goodbye. Send you your emails to Ryan Show at katiewb dot com. We'd love to get you on tomorrow