Speaker 1: Welcome to Throwback Thursday.
Speaker 2: So these are some of the oldies, but goodies.
Speaker 1: The classics, and they are some of the episodes that are probably in the back of the catalog that you haven't managed to listen to yet. So just a warning, some of my thoughts, feelings, opinions may have changed since the recordings of these episodes, doesn't make them any less interesting. So as an evolving human being, I may say something in these episodes that I don't necessarily agree with today, but these episodes are the classics, and I just thought I would do a little something fun for us. So welcome and enjoy Throwback Thursday.
Speaker 2: All right, everyone, thanks for being here. I'm so excited for this episode. I have one of my best sties in the podcasting world, Drew, on tonight and we are going to cover one of our favorite movies, or at least, let me just speak for myself, one of my favorite movies of all time. But before we get into it, Drew, how are you?
Speaker 3: I am? Good, mate, really good.
Speaker 4: I'm really happy to be on for this film because, like you said, it's not just yours, it's one of my favorite films of all time as well.
Speaker 3: It's an epic eighties film eighties.
Speaker 4: But I really can't wait to get into this one because after going back and watching it with a keen eye this time, I picked up on a lot of things that just went straight over my head as a kid growing up watching this.
Speaker 2: Oh for sure. And like I said before we started recording, I hope we didn't find all the same stuff. I still hope to blow your mind a little bit, like that's always I have to set the bar, like if I don't blow Drew's mind, I've failed. So hopefully I found something. But it is the verbs. And of course, you know, with Tom Hanks and everything, it's one of those conspiracy theories that even people who aren't into conspiracy theories are starting to know about. You know, it's always Tom Hanks that gets brought up. He's like, yeah, conspiracy candy at this point.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Tom Hanks has become very much a thorn in the side of the Q people. He's this big personality that when everyone talks about Hollywood and the City Underbelly, Tom Hanks just happens to be.
Speaker 3: The lead head of this.
Speaker 4: It's like he's some kind of a patriarch of the of the pedophilic pedophile, satanic colt or something.
Speaker 3: He's just ye, and it came out nowhere too.
Speaker 4: America's dad, as he's been known, has somehow become the most nefarious name in Hollywood.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and it was also he was also linked to all that Isaac Cappy stuff and just all the weirdness, you know. And like one of his sons is like pretty hot. Actually he's like a buff dude and doesn't really look like Tom Hanks at all. And then you have his other son, Colin, that has been in a lot of movies that looks almost just like him, like a twin of him, And you almost wonder, like, are they into all this stuff too? I guess they'd have to be right, it's like that's their dad. Guilt by association. But I mean, I guess it's one of those separating the art from the artist or whatever they say. Because I still love the movie. I still watch Tom Hanks movies all the time. I always talk about The Money Pit. I don't know if you like that one, but yeah.
Speaker 4: It's pretty good, The Money Pit, Big Castaway. There's all these great Hollywood films of Tom Hanks. Like I said, when you think of the elites of Hollywood and people who are genuinely entertaining in their craft. Tom Hanks is right up there. So for all these conspiracy theories to come out and say, at bare minimum the last five to six years, that just blew up the scene in conspiracy big time because we.
Speaker 3: All grew up on Tom Hanks.
Speaker 4: Tom Hanks is a fantastic actor.
Speaker 2: One hundred and I know you have a little bit of an article you want to read for everyone, just maybe to get us started. Yeah, sir, little tease test.
Speaker 4: Absolutely so, this is an article I came across and I'll just bring it up on the screen. It really spins the tale of what conspiracy theory is for normies. And probably all I'd say is left wing politics in America and how it's considered today. Tom hanks movie that explains modern conspiracy theories, The Burbs, continues to be underrated by Cracked. A lot of Tom Hanks's movies help us untangle the complexities of the modern world. Philadelphia taught many of us about AIDS discrimination, Apollo thirteen was a hainstakingly accurate look at the space program, and of course Larry Crown was a hard look at well whatever it was that happened in the Larry Crown, But we'd like to take a minute to talk about Tom hanks most sadly underrated projects, the nineteen eighty nine comedy The Urbs, directed by Joe Dante. The Suburbs have been a subject of a lot of political discourse this year. Donald Trump's reelection strategy heavily involved stoking racist fears among white suburbanites, and earlier this year, the Republican National Convention hosted Mark and Patricia McCloskey, the recently indicted gun toting rejects from the Freedom fifty five commercial who threatened Black Lives Matter protesters. The couple warned viewers that the Democrats were attempting to abolish the suburbs, presumably their warning that Joe Biden would personally bathe in the blood of each and every peer one shopper, shopper that was cut for time.
Speaker 2: What the fuck right?
Speaker 4: This is varied politicized, spinning every single conspiracy theorist as a gun toting white American. Of course, the American suburb's real story is inherently racist. One the state's sponsored housing projects purposely segregated communities out of the fears of property values of white homes would decline Otherwise, One could argue that the verbs exclusion of black characters in the story about suburbans and aphobia is a giant oversight, but the film also grapples with another theme that is sadly relevant today. Ultimately, the movie is about how fear, privilege, and isolation are the gears to crank out the conspiracy theory sausage. Alarmingly quickly, Hanks and friends convince themselves that their residents foreigners are Satanists and reflect in real life Satanic panic of the mid nineteen eighties. The massisteria of the Satanists were abusing children throughout the country, some times through the unholy vessel of the Smurfs certainly has echoes in today's batshit crazy QAnon conspiracy theory, and it to has been spreading in the suburbs. While the Verbs ultimately ends in the revelation that the mysterious foreign invaders did commit murder, the twist almost feels like an after thought, and they could easily exist solely in race fractured psyche. The point that this titular verbs can be conserved as the perfect breeding ground for irrational, toxic obsession. And while society has gone through like twenty Batman's since nineteen eighty nine, sadly that hasn't changed what the app a compolete absolute drama of politics that's been thrown into this.
Speaker 2: What do you know when we do episodes like this and I have people say like, oh, you're grasping at straws. Oh, you're splitting hairs, You're doing this, and now that article, that article is doing that. Okay, exactly, it's article is doing that, not us, not the stuff, No, no, no, no, that shit is grasping at stras.
Speaker 4: It took something that was a nineteen eighty nine classic comedy and made it purposely political for no reason.
Speaker 3: If anyone's stoking and yeah, it's stoked.
Speaker 4: The fire division by making it race related war, not at all about the actual content of the film, but anyway, it just hints at things like Satanism, which are clearly within this film by the way, yeah, the script, but let's just go off that and everyone's a gun toning Trump supporter. Wow, I just found that article very interesting in my research.
Speaker 2: Dude, that is fucking wild, Drew. I'm telling you, they hit us at every angle with some shit like that, Like somebody who wasn't like us, who wasn't into this stuff, come across an article like that and they'd be like, oh, I never knew that about the bird. It's like what the fuck?
Speaker 5: What?
Speaker 4: Like what?
Speaker 2: That's not what the movie was about at all.
Speaker 5: Not at all.
Speaker 4: It's it's one of those like lecturers at university which has a whole unit on white oppression of minority groups, and they use this as a focus for their students. Huh, I'm reading something into it that's not actually.
Speaker 2: There, right right, Okay, Well, we're gonna have to school people now because we gotta we gotta make it right for anybody out there who found that article. We got to tell them the truth about the fucking verbs. How do you want to get started? You you always do like the the kind of like the overview and the names and stuff. You want to do that first, Yeah.
Speaker 4: Let's get into I've got synopsis there, so did you know facts? And then the etymology of the names.
Speaker 5: All Tom Hanks wanted was a quiet vacation at home.
Speaker 4: This is when I need Carol, I need this.
Speaker 5: Welcome to Mayfield Place, a typical street in the burbs. Whine Walter were nothing much ever happened. Aren't just stick a dump on Rumsfield's lonning again?
Speaker 6: Until the Clopex moved in Clopex Clopex Clopek.
Speaker 5: No one goes in, no one comes out, neighbors from hell. It was a nice place to live, he said.
Speaker 4: He thinks that Clopex are evil incarnate.
Speaker 7: Well you're much too smart to fall for that, aren't you, honey.
Speaker 5: But no, Carol, you wouldn't want to visit there. Right, This is Walter the Burbs.
Speaker 6: I'm going over the fence when I'm not coming back till I find a dead body. Wait, do you wanted to take your family kidnap and tear their livers out and make some kind of satanic pant take?
Speaker 3: We thought, Walter, we got a real problem the gas.
Speaker 8: I'd ron.
Speaker 5: Love this street, Tom Hanks.
Speaker 6: I think we are overreacting now.
Speaker 5: The Urbs. It's one hell of a neighborhood.
Speaker 2: I think we should move.
Speaker 5: So.
Speaker 4: The Urbs is the nineteen eighty nine dark comedy thriller written by Dana Olson and director by Joe Dante that tells the tale of a typical American neighborhood when new neighbors come to live in the house next door to Ray Peason. He finds out these people are really strange. Nobody's ever seen them. The house is a real mess, and during the night, weird noises keep coming from their basement. The only thing they know is their name, clopec. One day, Walter, an old man in the neighborhood, suddenly disappears under mysterious circumstances. Ray begins to question the Clopexx involvement, while his friend and fellow neighbor Art is convinced that the new family on the block is part of a murderous satanic cult.
Speaker 3: Straight off the bat.
Speaker 4: Joe Dante as the director, Oh.
Speaker 2: Don't even say anything, because I got all the ship on the drug. You know that's my thing.
Speaker 4: I just gotta just just just a little bit Dante Dante's Inferno, the literal story about a man who goes to hall to save his wife who's committed suicide. I know it just jumped off the bat for me as a historian and a literary lover.
Speaker 3: So what have you got on the director?
Speaker 2: I actually this is an m Night Shyamalan twist in our episode because I'm not going to reveal anything about the director until we get like halfway through the breakdown because there's a specific scene that triggers the conspiracy. So I'll get to it kind of halfway through. But let me hear about the names.
Speaker 3: Give me the name, Okay, I'll go through the names.
Speaker 4: Then we'll go through some did you know facts. Ray Peterson Tom Hanks plays their main character in Old German tongue. Ray finds fitting roots in Reagan, meaning or advice, elevating the bearer to a moral learned stature. Peterson meaning Peter's son, is derived from the given name Peter, which is from the Greek Petros, meaning rock or stone. So Ray is the bed rock of his small community of Mayfield Place. He forms his council with fellow neighbors seeking advice on the new mysterious neighbors and what they've been doing within the confines of the dark and ominous home. So he's the counselor and the bed rock of his community. Yeah, Carol, his wife, Carol, just being synonymous with folk songs and religious significance, she's almost like his moral grounding. She's his voice of reason throughout. Oh you're crazy, you're looking too much into this. So she's almost like his. His balancing scale in this film was ng.
Speaker 3: Though she was very wrong.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Mark Rumsfeld, who plays the neighbor who's like a grizzled Vietnam veteran. Roman Latin name Marcos or Martkos has been thought to mean lord of war and warlock. Rumsfeld is Old English, which means wild garlic. It's believed that a strong sense an essence of garlic repels creatures, protecting individuals from their harmful intentions. Whilst association with vampires is mostly mythical, the symbolism of garlic is a potent guardian against darkness still persists. Mark is a grizzled war veteran from Vietnam, a man with a keen eye on what happens with his street. He forms the physical protect for the town, using his military and tactical knowledge to keep those he cares about safe, repelling those who mean to do them harm. He's the physical soldier and the esoteric guardian of his street.
Speaker 2: He definitely is that.
Speaker 4: Art Wagner, which is the conspiracy theorist in this film who kind of aligns with what our thinking is. It's hilarious loved art art Winengartner Art is a Celtic masculine name meaning bear and figuratively means champion, whereas white Gardener is a German surname meaning wine. Gardener art embodies the essence of his namesake he as he wanders in and around the town and the street, going through people's houses, eating their food, sitting down, lazing about. He also enjoys a good drink, in this case it's beer, not wine, So he's just the lays of our easy going guy. The last one in the small little group is Ricky Butler, who's played by Oh from Grimlins.
Speaker 5: What's his name?
Speaker 4: Corey Felman Corey thank You, one of his last films before he.
Speaker 3: Dropped off the face of the earth.
Speaker 4: Ricky Butler German origins meaning powerful leader or brave ruler.
Speaker 3: And it's a short form of Richard.
Speaker 4: Whereas Butler is Old English meaning a bottle bearer. Ricky is the leader amongst his group of youthful friends doing the typical things of those in his age, hanging around, partying, drinking. He brings the beer, the location, and the entertainment for his friends group, so you see throughout this film he's always got his young group of friends around watching what other people are doing and not going out and partying like the stereotypical things of the kids at that age. Last one, Doctor Werner Clopek, which is our villain for this film. Werner is a name of German origin, Werner, meaning the defender or the defending warrior. Clopek is Polish in origin, a diminutive vermin version sorry of Closs. A nickname from Closs roughly translates to ear or spike of cereal, which generally means in Polish tongue, probably for someone who's small or lanky. Doctor Werner is a small man and fierce defender of his family's ancient Germanic Slavic arts, practices and secrets. Whilst he cannot defend his family in the sense of martial strength and power, he does so through his intellect, charm, and panash. We see this guy as a very well educated, very worldly man, very different from his brother and his nephew, but he defends them in that manner through his intellect.
Speaker 2: And he is small as fun like he looks like, yeah, he looks like a fucking midget or something. But you know, I thought that it might be significant because they kept bringing it up in the movie. Like Klopek, Like, what is that a Slavic name?
Speaker 8: Like?
Speaker 2: They kept bringing it up in the movie, so I thought like it might be I don't know, do you think it fits the character well or do you think it's just some randomness.
Speaker 4: I think they wanted a Pollock Slavic type of name, but it tends to be the more Germanic in their origin in this film. And it kind of comes back to one of the key sequences later on I'll get into, but it refers to a Zooastrian god or demon in this case.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Drew, why are you going to come in with the heat so early on? Geez, let me grab my water real quick. Hang on, no problem, okay, So the beginning of the movie, let's just walk ourselves through it. Did anything strike you? I'm talking about even the opening of the opening of the movie when they're zooming down in on the house and like everything after that, did anything strike you? Right off the top?
Speaker 3: Well, straight off the get go.
Speaker 4: If you can only go down to conspiracy routes it has and it's the producer of the film, the company that helped build it and fund it. It goes straight to the globe Earth versus flat Earth analogy, because we've got the globe, it shows the globe, it zooms in, it goes specific part of America and goes down to a street level straight away.
Speaker 3: It's setting up the idea or.
Speaker 4: The sigh up that the Earth is a globe versus a flat plane, and if you're a biblical person, it's a flat plane.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's what That's the first thing that I noticed too, right, Like they got the globe model going for it, and then it's zooming down in and you know, compared to everything else on the street, obviously, the Klopex house, everything is fucking dead. The grass is dead, the trees are dead. The house looks fucking dilapidated, which doesn't make sense to me because if they had just moved in and just murdered the Naps, why weren't the Naps keeping up with their shit like they moved in and literally everything fucking died overnight or like what I mean. Obviously it's just part of the movie for the theatrical version of it, but they had literally freshly murdered the Naps and fucking the whole house looks like it's been vacant for seventy two years.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it almost looks as if the land's cursed because you've got the immaculate lawns on everyone else's front yards, and there's literally a delineation of lime grain that suddenly stops. There's no overlap of a little bit of grass slowly dying. It's just dead in lines, as if almost it's like cursed earth assaulted earth.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, so now we have to take into consideration. Just tear me out that it goes beyond just the physical aspects of these guys being fucking weird, because if you can kill grass overnight and trees, then there's probably a spiritual aspect to this, Like everything is dead around these motherfuckers. And the next scene, like when I put in some stuff that I just thought was funny, but like the newspaper boy is doing his route or whatever and he gets to uh Tom Hanks his house and he splashes the coffee at him, like I don't know why, but it just gets me every time. It's so funny.
Speaker 4: The hilarious thing I found was the name of the straight Mayfield Place because it's a wink and a nod to Mayfield, which was the town which the Claves lived in, and leave it to Beva. Oh so it's trying to tie it's trying to tie back into that Americana like Golden age Tom Frame.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, And like we kind of get introduced in a way to all of the characters in this like first five minutes of the movie, because you know, Tom Hanks splashes his coffee at the newspaper boy, and then it kind of goes over to Rumsfield and his wife, who is smoking hot. By the way, if we were gonna rate like eighties wives, she's right up there. I mean, she's classic eighties wife material. Rumsfield's wife is smoking hot, and oh yeah, definitely definitely. And you know, I think we see Walter, you know, his dog takes a shit on Rumsfield's lawn. We see Corey Feldman aka Ricky Butler, and uh, I don't think we see Art until a little bit later. But did anything strike you between like the opening and then the kitchen scene.
Speaker 4: Noria really kicked off in the kitchen saying that's where I stopped me too.
Speaker 2: Well, I'll let you go first and then I'll tell you what I found in the kitchen.
Speaker 4: So this is the scene where we do get introduced into Art. Kanna just makes his way over and starts eating the food and they're chatting. I noticed a little nod to a previous Corey Feldman film. In the background, there's a box of Grimlin cereal sitting on the shelf. I guess I'll go first, go for it, please, all.
Speaker 2: Right, So first I want to say though, in the kitchen scene at the beginning of the movie, when he's walking through the house and he's arguing with Carol about whether or not he's going to go on vacation, there is a painting in the background of a little girl in a red overall dress with what looks to be a bullet hole in the middle of her head, and it's like kind of creepy. And I zoomed in on it and made it extra big, and it looks like there's just a dark circle like right in the middle of her forehead. Like she's like, it's like a dead girl in the painting. And I look at all the background stuff. Right then we get into the other part of the kitchen scene and they're they're either eating Grimlin cereal or they are it's on the counter. Obviously, the Grimlin cereal is out. I me and my sister do this with me. By the way, we were both watching it. She was born in the eighties. She knows things I don't know. I said, is that a real fucking cereal? I was like, did bitches be eating Grimlin cereal? She was like, oh my god. Yeah. And so I watched the commercial for the Grimlin cereal and it goes, satisfy the demon inside. Ah okay, that's what the Grimlin cereal commercial says. And the director of the Urbs directed the Grimlins bro like literally, and there is a lot of shit in the Grimlins that is fucking conspiracy theorists shit, Like there is the term grim lens came from the conspiracy Fuck me, it came from the conspiracy theorist guy in the Grimlins, because he was like, they're all coming to get us. There's Grimlins everywhere. So even that word came from like a conspiracy theory. And he's also one of the directors of the Twilight Zone movie. He directed the Twilight Zone movie alongside of Steven Spielberg. And there were two kids in the Twilight Zone movie that got their heads completely decapitated and uh in this fucking horrible helicopter accident while they were filming and so there's all this weird darkness around this director, and he's putting little clues about stuff in the burbs. If you look for it, it's there. He's already referenced the Grimlins. There's Corey Feldman's wearing a Batman T shirt underneath his other T shirt, and quite few scenes. But I mean, what do you think about that? I think it's interesting.
Speaker 3: It is I will.
Speaker 4: You mentioned the artwork, right, So I looked at that artwork and something. I didn't notice the bullet hole, but I noticed the style in which it was painted. It looks eerily reminiscent of some Pizzagate.
Speaker 2: Well that's the paintings right, eerily similar, very much so. And then you get like the way that they set up everything in the background. It has to be on purpose because it catches your eye. The Grimlins cereal box catches your eye, and the painting in the background caught my eye for sure. But anyways, so after this scene, actually, and why I know it's got to be on purpose is because Art comes through the backyard and he's got a fucking gun and he there's no other figurines in the entire backyard in his backyard, other than what an ow a fucking owl and he shoots the head of it off. So I mean, do you think I'm grasping at straws because.
Speaker 4: I think that there's the council of like a council of owls or wisdom of ows. And the owl is very reminiscent of certain elites that gather together at a certain grove and raise this molch. It's almost as if they're trying to symbolize the death of one kind of ancient deity to ushering another one later in the film.
Speaker 2: Mm hmmm, hmm, yeah, I mean I thought it was interesting. And just again, in the kitchen scene, they're kind of at the table and Art is talking his head off, and in the background they're watching a cartoon. Did you catch the cartoon.
Speaker 4: In the back? No?
Speaker 3: I missed it. What was it?
Speaker 2: All right? So again, Perhapsimizo because she recognized it. I never would have. She was like, oh, I know exactly what that was. They're watching Felix the Cat, and my sister actually found the exact episode they were watching in the movie, and it's called The Rainbow Parade in Technicolor. And if you look at the cover for this cartoon, this episode It's like all Wizard of Ozzie and there's like rainbows and just the symbolism is off the charts, and they're watching that episode in the background of this kitchen scene. But I mean, the funny part of it if you're not looking at the background and you're looking at the forefront. Art is eating his fucking ass off, and Ray looks at him and he's like, why didn't you go with your wife to her mother's house? And He's like, hey, I'm eating here, So.
Speaker 3: Why didn't you go with ze to a mother's house?
Speaker 5: Okay, I'm eating here. Okay. Can you imagine and me and the two of them alone for a week? I'd rather too broken glass.
Speaker 2: Then he eats He eats a dog food out of the dog food bowl. I mean, there's so many iconic moments. There's there's actually Aunt Jemima syrup on the table, rip Aunt Jemima.
Speaker 4: But like, also do you guess what he grabs out of the fridge as well? Ribs, ribs, and a goddamn pineapple. He pulls a pineapple out and pineapple and Hawaiian culture is a symbol of hospitality, friendship, and fertility.
Speaker 2: But it also upside down means swingers, so it's a sexual reference and.
Speaker 3: It is that's the fertility side of things.
Speaker 2: Ruh, yeah, yeah yeah. But I mean the kitchen scene in itself is pure comedy because I mean, if I was gonna be a character in this movie, I'm one Art. There is no other character I would be. I'm actually like that in real life. I can't stop eating and I can't stop talking about dumb shit. So I'm Art. I think you're I think your RUMs.
Speaker 4: Field, Well really.
Speaker 2: Unless you. I mean, I'm not going to tell you who you identify with, but if I was going to say who, probably probably Rumsfield.
Speaker 4: I probably would be, Yeah, you're not wrong, smoking, hot wife, the whole thing.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So what don't we go to next?
Speaker 3: So this is.
Speaker 4: Where because prior to this this scene sequence where we see talking to to our main character about the neighbors, we've skimmed over a little part at the start where our main character played by Tom Hanks, he goes out and he's watching the neighbors. There's some weird noises coming from the basement. You hear over and you see Rumsfeld having a cigarette or a cigar in the window, watching over at night, being his creepy little self as well, and they start to get into the minuture of you know, he's got a week off, he's on vacation. He doesn't really want to do anything. He wants to lays about, drink a few beers, doesn't want to go anywhere. But this storyline starts to take over his life. He's a bit too invested in the neighbors and the issues are surrounding them and the weird noises he hears and sees. And this is where art really tapped into the Schizzo conspiracy side of things.
Speaker 3: When he's eating his food and he's just blah blah blah.
Speaker 4: Going off about all the things that he's noticed about these neighbors. He says, one thing, though, I spoke to the real estate agent about the Clopex buying the house, and that's how he knows the last name. So the only thing we know about him the last name Clopex, which is interesting later on the film there was no sale of the house. The house wasn't purchased spoiler or so how does his art just talking shit?
Speaker 2: Or we catch us.
Speaker 3: We catched a flood.
Speaker 4: That is, there was a massive era in the continuity of the story or it's actually.
Speaker 2: In on it. Maybe I still think I would be art though in this story it would be like me to be like fucking hiding some shit like that too, like I did some fucking digging and shit fucking spying on the neighbors. Well, you know, when they're standing outside the garage and he's like, oh, did I show you these these tools that Carol's dad got me, and you know, they're talking back and forth, and he's like, oh, yeah, those are beautiful. What are you gonna build something with those?
Speaker 5: So what are you gonna do first?
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 5: Hey, that show you my new tools. Yeah, these are great.
Speaker 4: Carol's father gave.
Speaker 5: Him to me for Christmas. Huh Oh those are beauties.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you're gonna build something with us, I think so.
Speaker 2: I mean, it's just so it's just pure comedy, pure comedy. He's like, you want to go stop by the deli and get one of those sandwiches. I mean, I just love this movie so much. It's near and dear to my heart. But there is so much stuff in there, and you know, raise a pussy like for the first like half of the movie, because even when they're standing outside at you know, talking back and forth in the garage. Fucking This is where we see the first Cloepec fucking Haunts makes his debut. And I don't know, Drew. I mean, I'm not a hater against Gingers, obviously for apparent reasons, but damn, okay, they couldn't have picked a more crip keeper ass looking purple circles under the eye, fucking nasty ass Ginger. I mean that dude looked like walking hepatitis.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he fell out of the ugly tree and hit every branch on the right down.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, I mean obviously some of its makeup, but god, damn, Hans is fucked up.
Speaker 4: Yeah, this is where we see him. They notice him because no one's ever seen these people, and he's standing out the front, and everyone's like once you go say hello, No, no, you go say hello. You're his neighbor. You're his neighbor too. You're in the same coulder sack. Yeah, but you live right next to him, you share a border. And it's like that, almost like the kid type of no you ring the doorbell, no, you ring the doorbell approach. And this is when a comedy really comes into its own, where we see these characters, although they've got this conspiracy going on, they're trying to figure it out. It's very reminiscent of almost like a preteen kid's story about them dingdong ditching houses and that weird neighbor that's trying to figure out. But they've transplanted to an adult theme.
Speaker 2: Mm hm because just in the kitchen something else I think I guess I forgot to mention is like Art eating ribs and he's talking to raise kid and he was like, I saw him in the backyard digging like grave. Yeah, so they know nothing about the family other than their last name, but now they're grave diggers and you know all this stuff and fucking they're daring each other to go up to well, you know, he's about to go back in the house. You could just say, oh, you're gonna miss him, you're gonna miss him, and like they're daring each other to go say hello, and he goes back, Hans goes back into the house, and uh, they pretty much dare each other to knock on the door. And this is where some more conspiracy stuff comes in. I'll let you go first.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, so this they go, I'll go if you go and they work up the courage, they go up to the front door.
Speaker 3: As they're walking in book.
Speaker 4: Goes through the decking of the of the front of the house, lift their foot up and as they go to knock on the door, it's originally stated his house six six' nine knock on the, door nile falls out and six six six very intentional on the film and to be the devil's. Number but the interesting part is when they go to hit the doorbell and they push their finger through and the bees start coming out from. Everywhere now this is a purely comedy effect that they're getting chased by bees and the neighbor has.
Speaker 3: To wet them down with the.
Speaker 4: Hose but the bee itself is very symbolic of masonry form of a hive, mind the, hexagon the, bee the idea that the bee is a sacred symbol and has this energetic field around it that can heal and.
Speaker 3: Be used for certain.
Speaker 4: Things it's built into the fabric of freemasonry because it's like the perfect structure in nature and bees the capable of building. It SO i thought that was a bit of a cheeky nod to. It they kind of distracted us with the six sixty, six which was very, intentional but hit away bees as being the real symbol and what's going on.
Speaker 2: There and the door knocker is a little devil with a little devil, horns.
Speaker 4: It, is and that'll come back to a certain deity later, on WHICH i find very interesting that the house already had that structures associated with it before they moved.
Speaker 9: In ah, okay all, Right, Yeah SO i think that within the five seconds they were standing on the, porch we found three, things, right like.
Speaker 2: The six six six, obviously but the bees and the knocker to the door with the little devil head on. IT i actually have in my. Notes they used the color blue a lot in this. Movie and BLUE i was kind of looking into. It it's supposed to be related to expression and communication within, occultism BUT i kind of saw it as like some times they use blue in movies to convey a certain, emotion like isolation and shit like. That BUT i felt like they were using it a lot in this. Movie and it's almost like they're getting into our, minds because everything you see on screen somehow translates into your mind as something, else, Right so by bombarding us with imagery and certain, colors it does trigger something in the. Mind SO i did notice that a lot of the, outfits a lot of the, houses a lot of the just random. Stuff it was like blue and, Yeah SO i just wanted to mention, that and then did you catch anything right after? That BECAUSE i have something in my. Nose but it's the next.
Speaker 4: Scene, well there was another gaff that occurred in this, scene AND i THOUGHT i was hearing things and had to go back deliberately and, like listen to it three. Times there's someone, screaming help, me help me at the top of their, lungs AND i, thought, oh maybe this is one of the people in the. Basement turns out depends on which edition you got a hold. Of there's background noise which has been saturated into it because that lot which they filmed on was right next to The jaws, ride so people who are on the ride are, screaming helped me, Out help. Me it's a part of the, ride and it was put into the original soundtrack of digital backing, noise and they're only deleted at post.
Speaker 3: Production but there's.
Speaker 4: Some versions of this that you can get that are old. Enough it has the scene so you can hear.
Speaker 2: It oh my. God, well that goes along with the. Movie they probably should have amplified the sound of it and made it part of the, movie like somebody was like screaming in the basement or.
Speaker 4: Something, yeah so there's that sound saturation that was in there the house we just spoke. About beyond, that this is where we move into starting to understand and get to know the neighbors a little bit. More and this all kinds of coalesces are Around walter. Disappearing so the old guy at the start With, queen the cute little black toy, poodle he's.
Speaker 3: Just up and.
Speaker 4: Disappeared and the only reason they know he's disappeared is Because queen is running around out in the street by. Herself, Ironically queeny is the exact same dog that Played precious In silence of The Lamps No.
Speaker 2: Film oh she's So cuteye.
Speaker 4: Is all, right it's just got these weird. Owners queenie runs up To queenie runs up To uh to one Of rumsfeld's, wife and she looks after. Him there's something that's gotta be wrong With, walter Because walters wouldn't let her by by. Herself and they go to check the house out to see what's happened To walter and it's. Locked they can't see him there until we See. Rumsfeld he goes in through the, back you, know very cloak and. Dagger special forces guy pulled the glass out and they go into the house to check On, rumsfeld to Check, rumseveld to check For. Walter and he walks. In the first thing he notices the TV's, on but the chairs on the ground looks like there's been a struggle.
Speaker 2: Here sign a struggle a chair.
Speaker 4: A chair over isn't really a sign of a struggle, There and they're just looking around the. House and it's quite funny during this whole time because what we end up seeing is that at a certain point in this, sequence they're looking through at the house and they're looking for, things and we've Got art looking for. Food, ironically he's, like, HEY i found some cookies and he opens the door and smashes and breaks. Things when he leaves the, house he's got two wristwatches, on so he's pinched one of his watches the. House no starts off going in with one, watch leaves of the second. One so there's something about this guy whi's a little bit.
Speaker 3: Off he takes.
Speaker 4: Advantage he takes people's, food takes, watches who knows what else he's, Doing literally a fucking.
Speaker 2: Kleptomaniac Maybe i'm Not. Art Maybe i'm. Not NO i, AM i am minus the, Thievery i'm Definitely. Art but is this before or After ray sneaks out of the house to have a cigar and they talk? Outside is that? Before do they go To? Walters before or after?
Speaker 3: THAT i think it might be?
Speaker 2: Before, okay, okay because what my notes pick up on that conversation when he takes the dog for a walk and goes over and talk To art And Ricky butler Because Corey. Feldman Ricky butler brings up the Movie The sentinel about a doorway being opened up Into, hell AND i went and watched the trailer for this. Movie it's got Like Jeff goldbloom And christopher walking and it actually looks like it would be a really classic horror. MOVIE i had never seen it, before but it reminded me of The Original exorcist a little, bit so it's a real. MOVIE i don't know if you had any notes on that part in, particular But art also tells this story About skip and murdering his old. House did it not remind you or was it not similar kind of to like Maybe John Wayne gacy little bit murdering people and burying them in his, basement and he was a, big.
Speaker 4: Fat guy in, like oh a little, bit and they kind of reference aspects of that that there was a certain time In american culture in which people were almost activated to be serial, killers and they seemed to be like the average. Person they all seem to have had military experience where they'll probably, brainwash but they just snap and they kill. People and the skip stories of this guy that would serve sodas at the soda fountain and one day he just snapped and killed his, family put the bodies down the cool, room but the power went out that summer and everyone could smell their decomposing. Bodies very reminiscent of us serial killers that just you, know hid bodies in their, houses.
Speaker 2: Hid bodies in. Abasement, yeah it's. Crazy and they were, like, YEAH i just snapped one day and just went back to making cherry fast feats for the whatever he. Said but the thing, is, though is it reminded me Of John geesey just because of the bodies in the basement. Thing and then later on in the dream sequence there's an appearance By, skip and it's obviously, art but it's like a big fat guy who makes fucking ice cream treats for the townsfolk who ends up. Snapping and they always make serial killers out to be like, that but in my, opinion it's always by design in some form or. Fashion like serial, killers some of them, maybe but a lot of them don't act out of random acts of. Violence is definitely more programmed in my. Opinion BUT i thought that was interesting that they included that as a tidbit in this, movie.
Speaker 4: And they almost try to saturate it into the public sake because they preface it with every small town's got one of these, stories and then he tells a story About. Skip it's almost like planting the seed that would light to become the serial killer phenomenon that we, say which a white housewives who were hooked on these podcasts.
Speaker 2: About real.
Speaker 4: And every goddamn town seems to have one of those.
Speaker 3: Stories.
Speaker 4: Right my own hometown has one of these stories where a guy killed his, wife buried, her and then built a shed over the top shut up the.
Speaker 3: Town someone in my.
Speaker 4: Town SO i used to walk past this guy's house as a little kid on the way to, kindergarten and he killed his. Wife no one knew what happened to, her buried, her built a concrete slab over the, top built a shed on top of, it and they didn't find it UNTIL i was like twenty, five twenty six years.
Speaker 2: Old so did he blab or they just found her.
Speaker 4: BODY i think they found the, body but he must have been talking to someone for them to look had to have.
Speaker 2: Been you know what my sister said the other. Day she's worse than me about watching true crime. Shows she's got this whole thing worked out where she's gonna if it ever needed to, happen she would kill someone and bury them up and, down straight up and, down and then bury a die over top of them, sideways so that if they ever went, flicking they the.
Speaker 10: DOG i was, like you know how deep of a hole you'd have to take to bury someone standing up and then bury a dog on top.
Speaker 2: Of them sideways like that Is she's put a lot of thought into.
Speaker 3: This not be along With julia's.
Speaker 2: Sister i'm living with.
Speaker 4: Her how do you think.
Speaker 2: DID i do the dishes well.
Speaker 4: Enough for your, SISTER i didn't put the tails back on the?
Speaker 2: Rack CAN i get you? Anything but, yeah, No SO i thought that was a little interesting thing that they tossed into the. Movie and do you have anything else after? That because the next NOTE i have is something That Ricky butler was saying about the neighborhood to his little. Girlfriend that's the next SCENE i have no.
Speaker 4: Sign, right just to finish, off when they went Into walter's house to check if heels, alive there's a photo Of walter And Lucille ball on one of the side, cabinets a group of, photos which is interesting Because walter is played by a man Named gordon who actually was a character on a lot Of Lucy bowl. SHOWS I Love, lucy my favorite. Husband they were on these television shows. Together, now this could just be a wink and a nod Within hollywood that these people worked together. Before But Lucille bull in herself has a conspiratorial background surrounding, it does she?
Speaker 2: Does but you, Know, drew this is WHY i, say And i'm so glad you brought that, up BECAUSE i Know i've already said. This but when people say that we grasp at straws or we're splitting hairs when we do episodes like, this because we're looking at the, Background we're looking at all these minute, details and they think that it's just a coincidence or we're you, know trying to make it something that it's. Not but putting all those little clues in, there that's not an, Accident like, he like the director he Directed, gremlins puts the gremlin cereal in. There you, know the small little details like that are on. Purpose and so having that picture sitting, there that wasn't an. Accident you, know there is stuff going on in the background of these.
Speaker 4: Movies, yeah the average person would say that these are easter eggs or little just nuggets put in the artistic. Flare BUT i tend to think that there's probably a bit more revelation of the method and kind of showing their hand that overtly saying it and doing it through symbolism of having things in the, background in the, foreground hidden away in, dialogue that type of, thing.
Speaker 2: And like the. Imagery you, know even if it's just a flash of a second of seeing something like, that you may have not processed, it but it went into your, mind you. Know and so the next notes THAT i have is That coreyman is saying watching people in his neighborhood is more entertaining than going to the movies because it's. Real AND i was, like isn't that the? Truth because reality is always stranger than. Fiction and the Way corey describes living in that, neighborhood it's very stuck in the matrix c kind of vibe because everyone has a. Routine it's almost like The Truman. Show he knows exactly what each of his neighbors does at each you, know given. Time oh he's about to walk out of his door and say he's taking the dog for a. Walk oh he's doing, this always doing. That and it does tend to be like that when you live in neighborhoods that are so you get, up you nine to, five it you come, home you watch the same show at, night you do your little. Routine it's very stuck in the. Matrixy it's really a study in human psychology almost how people get stuck in these matrix. Neighborhoods it's almost like is anything? Real the only thing that seems real to me is the clopex.
Speaker 4: That dialogue that where he says that it's everything here is, real it's better than. Television it throws away to a ligne later in the film Which i've got to mention, Now Tom, hanks our main, character he goes on a bit of a rant about how you know The clopex were good people and where you were the monsters all arong along where the bear guys where the?
Speaker 3: Evildoers?
Speaker 4: Well was that just revelation of the method in himself considering the controversy Surrounding Tom hanks And podesta emails And. Pizzagate is he just putting it out in the open telling people what really is going on, Allegedly.
Speaker 2: Oh good, Catch like we are the monsters and the ones that we make out to be the monsters are, not even though they. Were but it's like in that, context, yeah that's. Good that was a good. Catch did you have anything Before hans drives to the end of the street and beats the garbage with a. Stick i've never seen.
Speaker 4: THAT i never seen anybody drive their garbage down to the street and then bang the hell out of it with a.
Speaker 5: Stick i've never seen.
Speaker 4: THAT i. DON'T i just had the way in which he was really going to town on my.
Speaker 2: Garbage that's one of my favorite. Seats it's, like who do you know that drives their trashed down to the end of the street and then beats it with a.
Speaker 4: Stick, well this is a funny thing because some driveways In australia can beklometers long at some. Point so my wife's family, home where my father in law still, lives you literally have to drive half a kilometer down the.
Speaker 2: Road he beat it with his, stick though.
Speaker 3: Sometimes depends on how.
Speaker 2: Bullets oh my, GOD i hope he's not a. Redhead he Fucking Hans hans is your father in? Law?
Speaker 3: What but.
Speaker 2: SO i actually have some notes on the next morning After hans beats the shit out of the garbage with the. Stick SHOULD i go first or should.
Speaker 3: You please go for? It let me value?
Speaker 2: It, okay. Okay so one of the garbage men has a rainbow badge on his coverall, okay and he's talking about metaphysics and quote unquote the power of crystals blah blah, blah literally talking about witchcraft and tells the other guy he needs to open himself, up and talking about the laying on of hands and, shit and he's wearing This democrat pin on the other side of His coverall that says. McCarty and so this, DUDE i, mean you can break in and tell me what you. Think BUT i, MEAN i never noticed that UNTIL i watched it yesterday about that conversation they were.
Speaker 4: Having, LIKEWISE i knew you'd pick up on the crystals and the metaphysical, stuff SO i didn't take too.
Speaker 3: Many notes on.
Speaker 4: It BUT i found it really interesting that it was the democrat of what's going on with the, rainbow the inversion of the, rainbow, right the rainbow And christian theology Is god's promised not to flood the world, again but for The New ages that means something completely.
Speaker 3: Different and he had almost like.
Speaker 4: This weird dialectical conversation with the garbage man who is From. Grimlins you, Know dante's just re using the same, cast the exact same character.
Speaker 2: Too he's the conspiracy theorist in The.
Speaker 4: Grimminals yeah, right and he's having this conversation about, you like you, said the metaphysicals of the world and how you can.
Speaker 3: Lay hands on people healing This New age type of.
Speaker 4: Approach and this guy's very much a, grounded solid blue collar, worker just wants.
Speaker 3: To put the rubbish in the.
Speaker 4: Bin and this is where we see our art. Runner i've grabbed the rubbish and start just dumping it on the, ground and he starts going through like the legal lace of things you have according to the. Law you, know people have access to. Garbage once it's on the side of the, right it's becomes public. Domain so then very much focusing on some legal lays THAT i thought was very, strange can see in the context of the, film and.
Speaker 2: It's almost, like of, course the democrat guy with the rainbow sticker on his coveralls is the one that's, like you can't tell him he can't throw garbage in the, street and and then the person with the common sense that's got to pick it all up is, like what the fuck are you doing throw garbage in the. Street it's almost like the juxtaposition of people who are in their right mind and people who are. Not he's literally just got done talking about laying on of hands and crystals and metaphysical and you need to change your, life and talking about, witchcraft and then the other guy's, like you're fucking. Bonkers and he's also the one that's, like why the fuck are you throwing trash in the, Street like he's the grounded common sense guy and the other guy's in Fucking la la land. Somewhere what does that sound like that it's still a.
Speaker 4: Problem, well it sounds like it sounds like a little saying that we're familiar, with do what thou? Wilt people just doing what they. Want and it gets to the point where the garbage man's, like can you help this guy, out, like you.
Speaker 3: Know stop the guy from putting rubish on the. Ground and what's he? Doing helps?
Speaker 2: Him, yeah he starts putting more garbage on the. Ground that's the, thing, though isn't. It it's such a like that scene in the even in itself is kind of like telling of a lot of. Things but SO i don't know how quickly this next scene. Happens but my notes go to when they're in the basement with the Uh demonology? Book did you have anything before? That? No you keep, going okayilet's keep the they're in the. BASEMENT i actually had. THIS i don't know if you remember or ever heard, it BUT i had this scene as my intro to my. Show. Yeah, yeah so this this is always been near and dear to my heart BECAUSE i find it absolutely.
Speaker 6: Hilarious, OH i can't believe you're still bringing that out a.
Speaker 5: DREAM a plane was gonna, crash or it took the bus To Las.
Speaker 6: Vegas If i'd have been on the, plane it would have. Crashed and it doesn't. Matter this wasn't a, dream this was a. Vision i'm telling. You these people Are. Satanists AS i sit, here they Are. Satanists.
Speaker 5: Look, look the world is all of these kind of.
Speaker 6: Things look at, this black, masses, mutilations, mutilations.
Speaker 5: The, incabus the.
Speaker 6: Suckabus i'm telling, You walter was a human.
Speaker 5: Sacrifice you should have gone to the. LAKE i should have listened To.
Speaker 3: Carol listen to your. Wife who listens to their?
Speaker 5: Wife?
Speaker 7: Listen you gotta listen to. Me you know what deel.
Speaker 6: Is what we gotta do is we gotta go down to the religious supply. Store we gotta get ourselves a couple of gallons of holy. Water my Cousin jerry's a preat.
Speaker 5: You can get us a.
Speaker 7: Deal, no, no we gotta go to the.
Speaker 6: Market we gotta get ourselves a couple of those big. Strings you know they string that, GARLIC a couple of big strings of. Garlic we gotta get ourselves some fresh lambs, blood and then we gotta.
Speaker 3: Ray do you want them to take.
Speaker 6: Your family kidnap and tear their livers out and make some kind of satanic pat.
Speaker 5: Tay i'm not going to listen to.
Speaker 6: This you're, chanting going, here it is now going through unconscious. Chanting you're, CHANTING i want to kill. Everyone satan is, Good satan is our pal.
Speaker 5: Y y you're.
Speaker 7: Chanting.
Speaker 6: Hey once they get in, here it's.
Speaker 2: Overpell they're reading a book Called The theory And practice Of demonology By Julian. Carswell AND i did a lot of looking THAT i didn't ever do before because we're doing this. Episode but Doctor Julian carswell was a character in The british horror Film night of The demon from nineteen fifty, seven which in which An american psychologist travels To england to investigate A satanic cult and it turned out that Doctor Julian carswell was the leader of the. Cult so it's one of those twist m Night shyamalan fucking, endings and that this is the book they're reading in you, know it's not a real, book but this is where a lot of the conspiracy theories come. From because he's down there and he's like they're gonna they're gonna tear your livers out and turn them into A satanic pat and all this. Stuff and he's, Like i'm not going to listen to. This i'm not going to chance. Chanting you're. Chanting once they get in, here it's all over.
Speaker 7: Pale.
Speaker 2: Like that's WHY i Say i'm art BECAUSE i have a tendency to go to tin with stuff like, this and that sounds like me talking to people about stuff like that are not really into. Conspiracies i'm, like, listen.
Speaker 4: They're coming for your.
Speaker 2: Kids they're coming from the calm, down calm, down like, fucked this is having, dinner.
Speaker 4: This is stacking up more and. MORE i think art is the, secret like actual practicing. Occultist he's not the like.
Speaker 2: He's gotta be because he's so into.
Speaker 4: It he's got the, book he knows all about. It you could, say, yeah that's conspiratorial level. Understanding he shoots the head off an, owl WHICH i think was. Intentional he was also trying to kill a crow or a, raven and the crow or a raven is symbolic of the eyes Of odin that have been able to view and see. Things so it's almost as if he's trying to take out the competing criminal syndicates within the, Area like he sees this level of occultism and, groups and he's got his own little control on the.
Speaker 2: Town that is, Interesting and he's got the scoop on all the murderers and, shit he's got his wife's out of town so he can do whatever he. Wants he's at home by. HIMSELF i, mean it is kind of, crazy but, yeah that's one of the best scenes in the entire movie in my, opinion because it's so it's just pure. Comedy and the next bit of NOTES i have unless you have anything else about that, scene, no that's. It So ray goes upstairs and he's WATCHING. Tv he's trying to like wind, down and he flips through three, channels specifically three channels all playing horror, films and a couple of them you will know what they are right off the. Bat at LEAST i. Did The exorsus nineteen seventy three And The Chainsaw Massacre part two easily. Identifiable but the first movie showing the ritual murder of a woman behind a bonfire is not as easily, recognizable and it actually comes from a horror film Called race with The devil from nineteen seventy, five in which motorists accidentally witnessed a satanic ritual and have to fight for their. Lives so what do you think about? That and like the whole dream, Sequence, well.
Speaker 4: It's a bit on the nose that all three of those shows are on primetime television at the same exact, time, Right, Yeah, yeah it leads into the dream sequence of our main, character and each of those elements appear in his. Nightmare so we start off with he's going down the stairs and the chainsaw comes through the. Wall he tries to escape, it and he ends up on this, barbecue which is almost like the sacrifice scene from the first.
Speaker 3: Film.
Speaker 4: Yep and then we get skip the appearance of our serial killer and he comes. In, yeah it's almost foreboding of what's going to happen later in the. Film in a lot of ways that we know that it gives us a real glimpse into the, colpex who they, are and maybe the satanic kind of background behind them and their practices as a.
Speaker 2: People, yeah and if you notice in the dream, sequence everything is, Blue LIKE i was, saying very interesting to me how they use colors in certain. Ways everything's blue in the dream sequence and he wakes up to Mister. Rogers he.
Speaker 4: Does, ironically he later plays Mister rogers's, correct it's.
Speaker 5: Right.
Speaker 3: That's a beautiful. Day in twenty.
Speaker 4: Nineteen he would later go to Play Fred. Rogers, tom.
Speaker 2: That's, INTERESTING i forgot about. THAT i forgot about. THAT i mean his pedo ass of course he would volunteer to play anything that's connected to having children. Around but just.
Speaker 4: Very ironic because do you know What Tom hanks was adamant against being in this. Film what he Fought dante on this every single way. Could he did not want to play a. Father he didn't want to be around.
Speaker 2: Kids why oh why? Duh but, yeah that's.
Speaker 4: Interesting didn't want to be a, father and according to the mainstream, approaches he didn't want it to impact his career where he was typecast as a father for the rest of his. Life but he went From big where you're surrounded by, children went Into The birds where he didn't want to.
Speaker 3: Be surrounded by.
Speaker 4: Kids that almost sounds like someone who has an, addiction and first, off In big was made a year before, this he was surrounded by it and had the addiction of something allegedly then moved. On he was almost had that like where addicts. Go, no, NO i can go on the straight. NARROW i just have to distance myself from. IT i can't be around.
Speaker 2: It like the alcoholic that doesn't want to take one more.
Speaker 4: Drink, yeah where the day before they're on the biggest bend through of the life and the next day they wake up and they start pouring the rest of the alcohol down the. Drain it's almost like he was flipped on a.
Speaker 2: Script wait TILL i tell my, sister because even while we were watching, this she was, Like, JULIE i don't want to believe that he was doing stuff to. Kids AND i, SAID i, Know, sis but it's this is the world we live. In this is the. Reality Now i'm going to tell her that shit really going to fucking. Blow it's going to blow the tits off her chest BECAUSE i did not know. THAT i did not know. That but he still went on to do stuff around, kids obviously because he just went full line into it because he wanted to Become Tom. Hanks you.
Speaker 4: Know. Yeah, well and this is this is where we get into the really, deep seedy side of. Things Cory feldman has publicly come out multiple times in interviews saying that there's a pedophile problem In hollywood and both he And Corey haim were victims of the abuse on set by directors and prominent. Actors he's never come out and publicly named, them but it's, very very telling That Corey feldman would go into this one of his last big name films and then.
Speaker 3: Disappear it's like this was one of.
Speaker 4: His last, films so much so that there's talk between what was going on behind the. Scenes Carrie fisher was one of his confidants and spoke to this guy every day just to keep him on the straight and narrow to finish the film because he was losing his. Mind he was about to completely lose, himself and.
Speaker 3: She kept him on.
Speaker 4: Set so was there something on set around him that was a previous you, know abuser Alleged.
Speaker 2: Fuck have you seen him? Recently? Drew, yeah he thinks he's he's like the Generic Michael. Jackson he's like the fucking he's like fucking doing all this shit like Woll and.
Speaker 4: Stuff because he was friends With Michael. Jackson guess who visited the Set michael during the. Film Michael jackson and. Bubbles The monkey was often on set on The.
Speaker 2: Burbs, yep, really you GOT mj And Tom hanks all on?
Speaker 4: SET whoa With Corey, fellman the guy who was supposedly molested By hollywood.
Speaker 2: Elites, dude he's come off as. Rocker he's like out of his fucking. Medula he is totally boners bonkers in his LITTLE mj. Act like nobody's buying. It, corey you don't fucking look Like michael when you do that. Shit you look like you have Fucking. Parkinson's he looks more Like MICHAEL. J fox Than Michael.
Speaker 4: Jackson, okay he looks like.
Speaker 2: Serious but this is the world we live, in and everybody's blowing smoke up his, ass like good, Job. Corey LIKE i get. It he's fucked. Up he's been through a lot of stuff in his. Life but it doesn't mean he's he's a great musician or. ANYTHING i feel sorry for him WHEN i see, him like it hurts my heart because he's so screwed.
Speaker 3: UP i feel really sorry for the.
Speaker 4: Guy because he came out roughly the same time as the May too. Movement everyone believed the victims of May. Too he came Out Drew.
Speaker 2: Drew your thing is cut. Out your sound is cut. Out, yep it's. MUTED i can't hear. Yet fuck oh go back back, back go, ahead.
Speaker 3: That's, right why we'll do.
Speaker 4: So the interesting thing is That corey came out during the Me.
Speaker 3: Too movement with his.
Speaker 4: Allegations all the, attention all the belief went to the victims of me, too with prominent, businessmen, actors, directors they were all. Believed Corey felman comes out with groundbreaking allegations and things that should be, investigated swept under the, rug and he started.
Speaker 2: Some of the worst, dude like the stuff about The crisco and all the very very intense. Abuse so and the poor, Guy i'm telling, you it's just it's. Sad it's. Sad but And corey ham, TOO i mean that shit is just the worst Shit i've ever, heard, well not ever, heard but it's it's up. THERE i, mean it's really. BAD i just can't WHEN i go back and watch these. Movies. THOUGH i don't know if you do, this but almost just IF i want to watch the, MOVIE i JUST i can't think about.
Speaker 4: It, no you have to like almost put yourself into a state of just, watching like a vegetative.
Speaker 2: Sites, yeah joy like even WHEN i watch The goonies and. STUFF i love The Truffle, SHUFFLE i LOVE i love all those. Movies you, know they're just it's just core memories for me growing up watching that. Ship and even the next THING i have in my notes is one of the funnier lines after the dream sequence that they Have rumsfield And art come over to the house like their, kids asking you think about and.
Speaker 4: Play come, on we gotta, Plan come, on we.
Speaker 7: Got sorry, boys my husband's not feeling. Well he has to stay in his.
Speaker 3: Room oh come, on, Please, carol let them come.
Speaker 4: Out come.
Speaker 8: On he can't come out until he resembles the man That i'm.
Speaker 3: Married, carol we don't have that kind of. Time please let him come.
Speaker 4: On come.
Speaker 7: ON i think THAT i have given you my, answer And.
Speaker 2: Carol, goes he can't come out until he resembles the MAN i, married And art, Goes, carol we don't have that kind of.
Speaker 4: Time and even does the thing where he kicks the ground he's a.
Speaker 2: Friend.
Speaker 4: Yeah, oh and.
Speaker 2: This is WHERE i don't know if you have anything after, that But art slips, THIS i know what you did last summer note under the door.
Speaker 3: And, yeah he's like, yeah he.
Speaker 4: Says he comes over and he tells him's, LIKE i slipped a note under the, door when in the sequence he actually slipped it through the mail. Slot could just be a saying. Anyway he's out there talking and as they're having this argument about, like you, know you're being too, conspiratorialist nothing to. IT i just want to relax and have some beers on my time, off the dog has a, femur a human, famer in his mouth and he's running up and they're throwing it the whole. Time they touched like three or four times during the, sequence and he, goes do you what this?
Speaker 3: Is it's a? Bone why throws it? Again, no this is a.
Speaker 4: Femur, yeah you, know intray to, biology this is a human.
Speaker 5: Femur do you know what this?
Speaker 8: Is it's a.
Speaker 5: Bone it's a. Femur it's a femur.
Speaker 6: BONE a femur just happens to be a human thigh.
Speaker 5: Bone, Right, wait how do you know that?
Speaker 6: Biology one on, ONE i, mean look at the size of this.
Speaker 7: THING i think this came up a chicken or.
Speaker 5: Something where the hell The vince get? This he dug it up from underneath the fence and.
Speaker 2: He looks the. Rain he, goes you think this came off a chicken or.
Speaker 3: Something it came off a.
Speaker 4: Chicken then and then they notice someone's walking around in the backyard of the klopex and we see the shadowy figure walk past the, slats and then the piece of paper gets thrown, over and we naturally know that's the. Note, again he, goes, oh what is That and he, goes, oh could just be a bit of rubbish.
Speaker 3: Receipt maybe.
Speaker 4: It's my, note and he freaks out and he's cracking. It and this is the point where the wives really take. Over they try to be the common sense approach to this and they try to stomp it.
Speaker 1: Out scene, Everything.
Speaker 4: This whole scene foreshadows what's about to, Happen so when the dog finds the, femur we get the great. Foreshadowing after they find, It carol, says before anyone falls off a roof or sets themselves on, fire let me put an end to this right. Now later on the, Film rumsfeld falls off a roof And ray sets himself on fire with the.
Speaker 2: Explosion, yep, yep, yep, yep one, hundred one hundred and so my next bit notes is when they go over to the, HOUSE i found two, things and one of THEM i found from an article about the. Movie, actually it said that filmmakers inserted several visual clues that things aren't what they, appear and when they first get to The clopex house there's a shadow of a noose on the wall. One and then it also said it's easy to miss if you're not looking for, it but When reuben walks past the front, door the window frame forms a large backlet inverted, cross which of course is the Anti christianity symbol in pop. Culture so those were two THINGS i don't know about, You. Drew IF i wouldn't have read that article about, IT i FUCKING i don't know IF i would have seen that shit in the.
Speaker 4: Movie BUT i didn't catch.
Speaker 2: The other, one the inverted.
Speaker 4: Cross did not catch that.
Speaker 2: One if you go back and watch, it you'll see it and it's, like, damn it's like right, There but of course everything is. Right it's right in plain, sight and you're just not looking for. It before they get into the, house, though. Fucking another pure comedy moment is When rumsfield steps through the porch and he's, like go, there, goes the goddamn, Brownies brownie's flying. Everywhere she picks them. Up they got fucking leaves and shit on. Them, yeah something for the old sweet.
Speaker 4: Tooth and you, say this house, inside it hasn't changed since it's been. Built, no it looks like dark.
Speaker 2: Shadows, right it looks Like barnabas calling shit in, there which.
Speaker 4: Leads you to think where the original people own the house shady and not of the up and up, themselves because nothing has changed in this. House the door, knocker a lot of the artwork that we see in the houses of the original, household they haven't really changed. Anything, no this.
Speaker 2: Brings up a good point because we know later on that they murdered The. Naps but when in this moment is pure comedy as, well when he, goes oh that's a pretty.
Speaker 5: Girl, oh pretty girl under?
Speaker 7: Yours, no it's game with the, frame game with the, Frame, yes.
Speaker 2: Because it came with the. Frame is that did it really come with the? Frame or is that like the, naps like family photos and shit that they just never like took. Down?
Speaker 4: Yeah is it something that they like take as a trophy when they've killed?
Speaker 2: People because, right he said it came with the, frame but we don't know. That we don't know that it game with the. Frame that could be like somebody else's whole family pictures in. THERE i mean they murdered the naps and just kind of moved.
Speaker 5: In.
Speaker 4: Yeah did you notice when the doctor was coming up from the basement that his shadow actually defied the laws of?
Speaker 5: Physics?
Speaker 2: Oh, yeah for, sure because he's like a.
Speaker 4: Midget, yeah but at the actually where the light source was coming, from it looked as if the shadow was moving out from the wall towards the. People it's kind of going up the, stairs so it's almost like there's a foreshadowing of something coming before. Him.
Speaker 2: Yeah, YEAH i don't really have a lot else of notes from when they're in the house other than.
Speaker 3: Sardines and press.
Speaker 2: Gardine, dude the sardine.
Speaker 7: Sodin so how are you Enjoying Hinckley? Hills we just love.
Speaker 2: It he's like eating it with that little tiny, pretzel AND i just this is WHY i, say, LIKE i, CAN'T i can't cancel these movies BECAUSE i used to laugh so HARD i fucking needed a bladdersling after watching this movie because when he puts that little fucking sardine on the pretzel and can choose it. UP i, mean just, hilarious, hilarious and the candles on the.
Speaker 4: TABLE i thought it would be romantic for the.
Speaker 3: Ladies, yeah.
Speaker 5: Painting and.
Speaker 2: Shit, yeah, no it's just there's too. Much there's too. Much it's just so. Funny did you have any other notes though from the when they the first, Visit so.
Speaker 4: Just on The rumsfeld playing with the painting as a painting of like an open, surgery And rumsfeld's trying to figure out which orientation it. Goes And rumsfeld keeps putting it from the patient's, perspective so the orientation of view or the patient looking. Up and when the doctor comes along later to reseat, it he sets it to his perspective he's doing the surgery mm. Hmm and he makes it that he's been painting down in the basement and that's what the red was on his. Hands it was paint right right.
Speaker 2: Right. Yeah AND i paused it on a couple of different scenes when he's flipping it BECAUSE i was, like what what it really is? It and if you flip it in a certain way you can kind of tell like it's an open heart surgery or. Whatever BUT i always thought that that part of the Kitchen Cloe peck kitchen scene was kind of interesting because the doctor guy is such a pompous, ass and you can tell they're fucking hiding. Something he's the only one that's openly social and, shit and those are always the ones that are the most fucked, Up like the other two are visibly fucked. Up hans looks like he just came out of a concentration, camp fucking The but the doctor, guy he's just so, debonair and you, know it's, like what are you really up, to Doctor.
Speaker 4: Kloepeck and this is where he gets into The we start to have a seeding of doubt that maybe the wife's are right all. Along there's nothing about these people that they're just being. Conspiratorial and he talks it's about they've had to move multiple, times and you, know because of the, university and they've just moved into the town and they haven't had a chance to meet with, people blah blah. Blah the whole, time we have A vietnam vet just drilling them for. Information is that A slavic?
Speaker 3: Name? No very, Idly, no It's. Slavic and he's asking all.
Speaker 4: These niggling little, questions hoping that they'll slip, up and they. Don't and he gets to the point where he, says, well we're going to be out of the house. Tomorrow we've got to go to the university about possibly moving. Again and their eyes kind of prick, up like, awesome they're going to be out of the. House that's our window for. Opportunity they leave the house and he's then the wives, like, see you boys were just going.
Speaker 3: Crazy is nothing to?
Speaker 2: It?
Speaker 4: Okay and the men go down into the man cave and they're having a beer and he's.
Speaker 3: Like are you siding with the? Girls?
Speaker 4: Now how are you beginning to Chick show us your balls you have balls or? Not And Tom hanks starts to rifle around in his very short. Shorts, well, man we'll just. Kidding you don't need to show. Us he pulls out the two pay of the neighbor who's, disappeared the two pay that was originally seen in the. House so we now get the idea that The clopex have gone into the house they've taken the two. Pays so the men are running with the idea that they've Killed. Walter they've taken the two pay as like a.
Speaker 3: Souvenir. Mmmm and they get to.
Speaker 4: The grand plan of they're out tomorrow at the university all. Day that's when we're going in that. Backyard i'm scaling that fence.
Speaker 2: And another there's another digging scene too that like kind of adds to the like what the fuck are they digging? For it never really, says all the bones in the, trunk what the fuck were they.
Speaker 4: Digging in the middle of the not During Rhine star.
Speaker 2: His fuck and, yeah just digging and. Shit and so they come up with this master Plan they're gonna break into the house while they're, out and Fucking art has to cut this electrical. Line oh my, god this is WHY i Say I'm, art because that's some SHIT i would. Do fucking electrocute myself up and down the fucking. Neighborhood his fucking fingernails are, black the fillings in his teether boiling lava. Hot he goes to like get something out of his wallet later all of his freaking credit cards and.
Speaker 4: MELT i, mean.
Speaker 2: It's, just oh, god it's so. Funny and Like Tom hanks is totally in because like he thinks they Killed. Walter so when they break in the. House they're down in the basement freaking shoveling down to like the sewer lines and, shit and they don't find. Anything they find nothing in the.
Speaker 4: House this is the confusing thing About art. Again he likes to wear costumes or. Disguises he dresses up in golf clothes to sell the, Idea, oh we're gonna go play some golf.
Speaker 3: Later do you think she bought?
Speaker 4: It then in this scene he's wearing an electrical company shirt and, Overalls.
Speaker 3: Like does he actually work for the electrical company or is that.
Speaker 4: Another disguise that guy, has because he's starting to become very.
Speaker 2: Suspicious, literally he's literally like have you ever Watched Pineapple? Express, yeah he's like the guy who serves. People he's got all these costumes and, shit he's a, doctor He's but it just makes you, wonder, Like, art what do you? Do what do you?
Speaker 4: Do?
Speaker 2: Art please doesn't mention it at all in the Shod, no he just has costumes on, costumes just hidden in his.
Speaker 4: House, so as you, said they they test the fence security alarm doesn't go, Off they've cut the power ends, up cutting the power for the entire, street maybe even half the. Town they scale the fence and we get this time lapse where there's no, holes and sudden there's holes all over the backyard And art's being extremely lazy laying in one of the.
Speaker 3: Holes he's, like how are you going to find? Anything? IS i don't.
Speaker 4: Know maybe you could start digging your own. Hole he's, like, oh you, know But i've done this And i've done, that and you, KNOW i fell out of the of the power. Pole my fingers, hurt blah blah. Blah maybe we should check the.
Speaker 3: Basement and this is where they go.
Speaker 4: In and they go down to the basement and the furnace is very prominent in this. Scene the furnace has the exact same symbol of a demonic.
Speaker 2: Entity on it from the door knocker.
Speaker 4: From the door, knocker the exact same. One so this was already in the. House they haven't brought this with. Them they did make some adjustments to, it as we see with the rigged up yacht batteries and the furnace much higher and higher than it should. Be but it has the entity's name on. It it says on the top of it Ata a A atar was the god of fire and the element itself son of A houra. Master he's depicted as a flame and follows Behind mithtress's chariot into. Battle fire was considered the presence Of ata himself in rituals and after the rise of Zoo, astrianism and is present in the Horor mazda.
Speaker 5: Worship so this is like.
Speaker 4: An Ancient iranian, god right fuck day fied the god of firesonification of flame? Itself what do we see leap out of this? Furnace huge amounts of?
Speaker 2: Flame, dude drew you fucking crushed. THAT i didn't even worst.
Speaker 4: That the worst part is it says something underneath it in a script and it says something something cometh and IT'S i can't make it the but it's atar something something.
Speaker 2: Cometh, fuck, dude that is. Intense that is. Intense and they got it on the door knocker. Too so it's like when you come in the, house you're, like what are you? Like, like Like Corey feldman said in The, sentinel like they opened up a portal into hell in the guy's apartment or. Whatever it's the same. Thing when you walk into the, house you're walking into some type of fucking god knows. What BUT i did not see that on the. Furnace great, catch ten out of, ten great.
Speaker 3: Catch and this is where we break.
Speaker 4: Into they figure out the furnace burns way too, hot and they make the connection with you, know furnaces that burn this, hot they burn. Bodies and he's, like they've burned the bodies and they've buried them, somewhere and they start digging within the basement. Itself they find that the soil is, loose so they start. Digging and during this time we see what's happened. Outside it's become dark now and the kids are out there, watching drinking, along laughing at at Our vietnam about falling off the, roof and he's going off all those great little comedy. Tropes the guy's just sitting on a roof with a. FIREARM i don't know if that's just An american, thing but be a little bit, concerned, right which it never says what he. Was it never says he's, rank but he's wearing a command over a so you would assume that he's Special forces to some. Degree and he's like the. Spotter he's there with the radiator special.
Speaker 2: He does so much stupid.
Speaker 4: Shit he just need a special. Helmet he's sitting there and he's. Watching he's the lookout and he communicates To art that you, know watch out there. Coming and while this is going, on we've still Got tom digging a.
Speaker 3: Hole in the.
Speaker 4: Basement he's covering the radio with. Mud he's digging that far and he's, like we've found, that we found. Something we've hit. It and he goes back in and he realized he's hit a. Gas, Mate he's like hit a Gas maine run just bailing like little kids, again, like oh, no we've set the house on. Fire light runs out saying there's a gast's going to. Explode and as soon as he says that house explodes behind, him and we assume he doesn't.
Speaker 2: Bother to check On.
Speaker 4: Ray, fine he was on his way out. Too ray's still within the building and the neighbors are there with the police now because they've seen that the house is being interrupted as they've called the police's fire emt. Ambulance all this stuff going on and we think raised it explosions, happen the house has, collapsed is on. Fire Then ray slowly walks. Out he's staggering. Along his clothes are all, torn he's. Burnt he comes out the house collapses behind. Him just as he walks, out his eye is. Swollen one. Eye he literally has one. Eye so he walks out, injured. Burnt he has the one eye, swollen that one eye. Symbolism just after this scene we see the EMT's have got. Too they banded him. Up they splint his pinky. Finger they splint it in such a way that when he rants later on towards art that you know where the bad guys, where the monsters where the bad, people he's pointing at him like, this he's pointing at him using The masonic symbol for the. Horns shut, UP i think not only telling, you he's telling you where the bad guys wear the, monsters and he's actually showing it in symbolism and the. Horns he's doing the. Horns he's pointing at him like, that you're the monster were the.
Speaker 2: Monsters it's funny you bring that up because in my NOTES i have that art when they are. Fighting he bites that finger. Too he does like they make it a point to draw your attention to that hand into like the broke, finger and, like so, YEAH i mean THAT i didn't even notice. That that's. Crazy with all the other stuff that they've put in the. Movie there's no way that's that's an.
Speaker 4: Accident now this this becomes even more. Interesting don't bite the hand that feeds. You if is really an esoteric, Person he's bitten the symbol of the devil's.
Speaker 3: Horns.
Speaker 4: Right what happens To art's house later on in this? Sequence fuck, Ambulance.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, DAMN i didn't even think about. That. FUCK i mean there are some really funny parts of this end scene, too because he's, Like i've been blown, up and he Fucking.
Speaker 8: I've been blown.
Speaker 6: Up to take it to the, sick.
Speaker 8: Honey i'll just find out what hospital they're taking it to and Then i'll.
Speaker 2: Follow right.
Speaker 7: Along, okay, okay, honey.
Speaker 2: And You fuckingtcher fucking throws. It, Yeah and this is where we see for the first time doctor Clopex ass is a murdering psychopath and he's got some unidentified green liquid and it's, ayringe and he's, LIKE i know you saw my. SKULLS i know you, did and he's like trying to Get Tom hanks and fucking it is, like, hello how does it feel when people are trying to forcibly inject? You doesn't feel, nice does?
Speaker 5: It?
Speaker 2: Asshole he was on the fucking. Vaccine fucking you know What i'm talking, About so it's, like fuck.
Speaker 4: You the dialogue before this is. Hilarious he's laying on the beg And i'm so, sorry Doctor. Clopec WHEN i get out of, Jail i'm gonna help you re build your.
Speaker 3: House i've got to set the. Tools my wife's my wife's father gave them to.
Speaker 4: ME i love that.
Speaker 2: Far it's just pure comedy and so oh.
Speaker 4: Good it's funny though that the liquid is, grain. Right people always associate red with being an evil. Color red's really a symbol of, passion, anger, ferocity that type of. Thing grain is really.
Speaker 3: The symbol of.
Speaker 4: Evil, yeah he's got a grain syringe. Drot and green is associated with lucifer as, well, chrisipharious the glowing.
Speaker 3: Substance and this looks quite.
Speaker 2: Glowing and that's the thing, too IS i mentioned that in The John benet episode because there is so much green that surrounds things about that case And John benet. Herself so green is actually where people should be, looking not, red not even, BLUE i, mean but green especially is the color to look.
Speaker 5: For.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well and grain is the combination of two prime, colors blue and, yellow which in themselves we say blue and yellow. Symbolism, ever everyone points At, ukraine everyone points out the blue and yellow symbolism DURING, Covid but it's a combination of the, two which is the, green which, ironically In australia all of OUR covid vaccine advertising was on.
Speaker 2: Green it was, Amazing that's What i'm talking. About and LIKE i put down in my notes about like the forced injection and, shit because out of all the ways that you could kill, someone he had literally all those bodies burnt up in his basement and. Shit but while all of a sudden is he changing in his and now he's injecting, people you, Know like it just was so, interesting the forced injection. Thing And Tom hanks later in life is like trying to forcibly inject, like, Oh I'm Tom, hanks AND i improved this. Message fuck you fucking Doctor, klopek you fuck her like that that was so foreshadowing of real life, too you know kind. Of and and so they get in a scuffle Whatever hans drives Through art's house and you, know they roll out of the back of the. Ambulance the they hit the back of Doctor clopex car and the trunk flies open and all the skulls are in. There do you notice how the black guy at the end of the movie pronounces his, name Doctor. Klopik this is.
Speaker 3: Your, Vehicle Doctor.
Speaker 2: Clappick he's, like are these your, Skulls Doctor, Kloppik.
Speaker 3: And he's just, like, oh maybe.
Speaker 2: Maybe but BEFORE i say anything, ELSE i just have to get this one last part out and Then i'll let you. Go. Ham the funniest part of that whole end scene is When hans comes out of the. Ambulance, HEY i know.
Speaker 5: You where are you?
Speaker 2: Going?
Speaker 5: Gotcha? Yeah don't you make a, Move.
Speaker 8: SONNY i was eighteen months in the bush AND i could snap your neck in a.
Speaker 2: Heartbeat And Fucking rumsfield is, like Hey. Pinocchio. Yeah hilarious and also foreshadowing of real, life seeing as How Tom hanks would go on to Play geppetto In.
Speaker 3: Fucking pinocchio and the whole story is about. Pedophilia.
Speaker 2: Boom so we got in just the last. Scene we Got, pinocchio we got forced, Injections we have fucking devil, Horns like is? THERE i probably am even forgetting some, shit but like that's a lot this in the last couple of.
Speaker 3: Scenes it's a huge.
Speaker 4: Amount it's ridiculous how much you notice host watching something as a kid and enjoying it for what it. Was these things pop, out and like you said earlier on in this, episode you have to train yourself when watching films now not to look for this. Stuff but when you really zero, internet the stuff pops, out and it's not, reaching it's not grasping at. Straws it's very very evident when you see what they're, doing like the biting at the. Hand what happens when you bite the hand that feeds, you you're. Punished his house catches on, fire the two houses in the street that catch, fire The satanists who are killing, people an arts, house an art, house dabbling in the occult for.
Speaker 2: Sure now that you mention, it and all like this stuff he knew. About and Like i'm pretty sure the book they were reading was from, Art Like i'm pretty sure that was.
Speaker 3: Art it was his. BOOK m, yeah.
Speaker 4: Yep SO i, mean did.
Speaker 2: You have any other, notes like about the end part or did we pretty much crash? It we nailed.
Speaker 3: IT i think he nailed.
Speaker 4: It the only other thing THAT i came across was That Paulie, shaw a very Young Pauli, shaw was considered for the role Of, ricky but the, Director Joe, dante was not impressed with his. Audition more, so it Was Pauli shaw's mother who put the kibosh on. It Pauli shaw's, mother for people who don't, know used to run the comedy.
Speaker 3: Store the stand up place in Yeah.
Speaker 4: La she didn't want him getting involved In hollywood at a young. Age she wanted him to be older before he got Into. Hollywood, now a woman who's in the know with stand up comedy in that part of the, world why would you be so protective of your child if it was all copasetic and, Fine, well maybe she knew what was going on with kids on, sets especially she wanted him to be of, age right.
Speaker 2: RIGHT i, mean, look it's like we were seeing earlier With corey fucking not only you don't know what happens on, set like Obviously Tom, hainks But Michael jackson showing up about of, nowhere and then you know it's just do you think he's dead by the, way or you think you think that's that's a.
Speaker 4: Conspiracy the WHOLE q side of things where he's been executed via a military, tribune all that type of.
Speaker 2: Jazz Michael, JACKSON.
Speaker 4: I thought you're talking About Tom. HANKS i Think Michael jackson probably is.
Speaker 2: Dead you think he is?
Speaker 3: Dead, Okay, Yeah it all kind of ties.
Speaker 4: In there's this whole HUGE q conspiracy THAT mj somehow faked his own death and he was giving information to the white hats and that's how they Got Tom. Hanks And Tom hanks has been arrested and executed and someone else is an actor playing. Him he gets really into the. Weeds even for a conspiracy theorist like, me it becomes too. WILD i think it's probably more along the lines, of you, know allegedly a lot of this stuff has been going, on and there's so much power and wealth associated with just the name Of Tom hanks that these people can cover this stuff.
Speaker 5: Up they get away with.
Speaker 2: It for fucking. Sure and the thing IS i am a conspiracy, theorist of course one, percent but SOMETIMES i really do think people just, die like you, know a lot Of. Epstein don't get me, WRONG i think that motherfucker is probably still. Alive but Like Michael, jackson some of these other people it's fifty to fifty for. Some BUT i think he probably is dead AND i think he probably was touching, kids which is another thing that people are like split fence on. That Corey feldman said that nothing ever. Happened Well macaulay and fucking whatever whoever is saying that nothing ever. Happened there's like a gang of other children who are, like, YEAH i, know shit was, happening including his own. Sister LaToya jackson said he was touching. Kids SO i, mean it's, like what would she have to gain from coming out and saying.
Speaker 4: That you, KNOW i think this is the this is the danger that you see in these types of conversations with the way trauma works with sexual abuse of, children far more often than, not the traumatized end up becoming the predators in the. Future, yeah the trauma That i've gone, on they pill portrayed that tope of trauma on other. People and you, know if these people have grown up in that kind of a system where it's accepted within The hollywood culture that you, know you have to go on the casting couchs regardless of whether you're an eighteen year old girl or a twelve year old. Boy you're on the casting couch with these people and they don't.
Speaker 3: Care you grow.
Speaker 4: Up in that system of where you either think it's acceptable or you start perpetrating that trauma on other. People AND i think that's why you see a lot of these people collapse within, themselves their career goes to shit because you, know their reality finally dawns on. THEM i was a, VICTIM i was. Abused these things have happened to, me and no one. Cares and we see. THAT i, know it.
Speaker 2: Sucks it, sucks and like for the kids out there that are like coming out and saying like this happened to, me and like these are the, things and for people to just turn a blind, eye like imagine if it was your. Kid i've been covering a lot of this stuff in my new, show like for The cult Of, conspiracy about like things that have happened to. Kids nobody will ever know their, name nobody will ever know their, story nobody cares to look into.
Speaker 4: This kind of.
Speaker 2: Stuff it's just really sad that this is the world we live.
Speaker 4: In, yeah, well when you've got big money and big personalities running the, show they are they're going to cover it. Up and, really people talk about. It it just doesn't gain the traction like The Me too movement WHICH i referred to, before that was allowed to gain traction because it was a great distraction from a lot of The Morena fairies evilshit that was going.
Speaker 3: On people will.
Speaker 4: Recognize it's downright atrocious and disgusting that men in power will exploit that get sexual favors from women who want to progress their. Careers that's, terrible don't get me. Wrong that's far far more evil when children, involved and that just seems to be skimmed. OVER i.
Speaker 2: Know it's just fucking gut, wrenching and it's like we were seeing at the very beginning of the Episode Tom, Hanks america's dad quote, Unquote AND i.
Speaker 4: Mean.
Speaker 2: There are movies Like The Money Pit The, burbs And i'll always have a soft spot for them and watch, them but it JUST i don't. Know Even, CASTAWAY i used to watch a lot because it's a really good, movie AND i haven't seen him do a lot, recently If i'm just being, Honest AND i think that's where a lot of the conspiracy theories are coming. From alhw he's dead and there's like an actor playing him or. Whatever maybe he's just, like you, know when you get to a certain point when you're doing all this, shit like it catches up to you at some. Point maybe he's like worn. OUT i don't, know like he's just posted up somewhere with a fucking bag of a drenochrome dripping into his. BALLS i don't, Know like at some point your body just gives out from all the evil shit you've been.
Speaker 4: Doing, yeah and you look the background Of Tom, hanks and we're not the first people to go into, this but you see the humiliation rituals early on his, career where he was forced to dress up as a woman ON tv and roles within. Movies was the whole drag scenes that go on early. On it's almost like the initiation ritual that they have to do for their. Careers we went from that into things Like Bachelor, party where it's very sexualized that type of.
Speaker 3: Nature he then somehow.
Speaker 4: Falls into the role Of big where he's surrounded by kids and he's a personification of a child in a man's, body which is very. Pedophilic the fact that he sleeps with a woman in that film pretty disgusting when you think about it. Now regardless of him being a grown up man then goes into this film which is almost, like let's cover up the. Conspiracies let's make the white Suburban american who's starting to notice things look. CRAZY i think that's the real message in. THIS i read out the article at the, start which is kind of pushing that idea again onto the mainstream. Public but it's the inversion of. That people noticing things because they're out in the open, now, yeah and they don't care what's being put out. There if we've got the ability to put two and two, together that's a dangerous thing for. Them so now they're running cover and saying that you know your conspiracy theorists, again It's trump support is it's a Maga. Republicans they don't know what's really going. On it's all about white guilt and blah blah. Blah it's really. Not there's things that you can generally notice and connect the dots.
Speaker 2: With, well where would you rank it In Tom hanks's? Movies would you rank it as like number? One number? Two like do you have another?
Speaker 4: FAVORITE i would put it as maybe a number. TWO i really Enjoyed big as a kid growing.
Speaker 2: Up maybe we should just refresh the. Listeners let's See Tom hanks movies in Case i'm forgetting some. Biggies let's See. Splash did you Watch?
Speaker 3: Splash The mermaid?
Speaker 4: One i've seen it, before but it's not something That i'm deeply invested.
Speaker 2: In i'm not going to go through every single, one but these are some of the ones that the listeners might. Like for, me Money pit and then Uh turner and Hootch Uh sleepless In. Seattle, oh Fuck Forrest. Gump that's Gonna. OH i definitely am putting that up, there saving Private Ryan toy. Story you've got mail Cast? Away, Oh drew The Green. Mile FUCK i about that one.
Speaker 4: Too The man with The One Red, Shoe The.
Speaker 2: Man with the one red? Shoe where did you get that?
Speaker 4: For i've never Seen Tom hanks is The man With One Red shoe nineteen eighty, Five Red Shoe, Club Red Shoe.
Speaker 2: Club how About Polar, express The Da Vinci. Code, uh let's.
Speaker 3: See he has done a. Lot this is the.
Speaker 4: Thing this is why He's america's, dad because he's been in these not always, blockbusters but they're culturally rich films that people will always. Remember The urbs is a great example of. It this movie bombed in the box. Office it wasn't, REALLY i can't believe.
Speaker 2: THAT i can't believe.
Speaker 3: That then it became a cult hit after the.
Speaker 2: Fact yeah he was In.
Speaker 4: Elvis, YEAH i think he was the, manager wasn't.
Speaker 2: He oh, Right, Okay so it's got obviously it's got Like pinocchio and some of his newer, STUFF A Beautiful day in The, Neighborhood, greyhound Fucking Cloud. Atlas but the ones That i'm going to go, with, Uh i'm going to rate Money pit as my number, one The burbs as my number, two For stcump is my number. THREE i quote it all the. Time And i'm gonna go with Cast away for my number. Four and coming in at number five is the divinc.
Speaker 4: Code yeah, Fair i'd probably Go turner And hooch number, one big as.
Speaker 3: Too The burbs is number.
Speaker 4: THREE i can't go past the toy story even though it's just voice. Acting the first toy story was amazing stories coming in number four for, you, yep and then The Green, Mile.
Speaker 2: Green mile coming in number.
Speaker 3: Five that's.
Speaker 2: It that is. It that's a good. Lineup that's a good. LINEUP i probably should have shared my screen WHILE i was doing. That, Yeah, no so The burbs itself one to Ten klopex on, CONSPIRACY.
Speaker 4: I would probably go maybe an eight on. CONSPIRACY i wouldn't go full ten because there just wasn't. Enough it was spaced out well enough within the film that kept you paying attention looking for, it but it wasn't just bang bang bang one after the. Other that are in small bite sized chunks at the, start the, middle and the. End but on the on their, face they were.
Speaker 3: Really good enough to dig into the.
Speaker 4: Weeds, YEAH i have to find out that ata like This god Of fire was.
Speaker 2: Literally the First that one was that you blew my mind with that. Ship that was a really good. Catch that was a super good. CATCH i was gonna, ALSO i don't want to have the same, answer So i'm gonna go eight point three three Uh. CLOPEX i think it's it's almost right up there with like being one of the more obviously conspiratorial. Movies but WHEN i compared to some of the other episodes we've done that were ten out of, TEN i would, say. O our coverage on The alien franchise was ten out of. TEN i think Even Dark shadows might have been a ten out of. Ten for, me just like when you really dig into, it but the, Burbs i'm gonna get eight point three three on. That did you, watch by the, way SINCE i have you the new alien Movie? Romulus, Yep?
Speaker 3: ROMULUS i?
Speaker 5: Have?
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay do you want to give me like the cliff? NOTES i haven't seen it? Yet is? It is it?
Speaker 4: Good is it?
Speaker 9: Bad is?
Speaker 4: It it's not, Really, Scott it's it's the error of alien and. Aliens though they've gone back to the aesthetics look just like. It it's not The prometheus type of everything's somehow more advanced than what the previously. Is the technology looks Like alien nineteen. SEVENTIES i don't like. Storyline it's, perfect, Though i'm telling you it. Fit, okay sell it to you, actually. Okay it ties up all the loose ends Of. Prometheus the alien that we saw ejected out of the spaceship in the First alien film turns itself into a chrysalis in space and whaling you tiny gets a hold of. It they grab, It they take it back to a space station Called romulus And, remus so straight away we've got the esoteric. Stuff on The rome they start to re engineer the Black goo The Black, coup which they Call prometheus, five And prometheus was the fifth film in The alien, franchise so they name the. Good they start genetically engineering face. Huggers something goes around on The Space, shuttle which they don't, know the space, station which it doesn't really explain until a young group of kids who want to get off a mining planet want to escape the planet and go to a new, world a free zone that's not owned by the corporation or the. Colonies they go there to get some cryer beds because they want to survive the sixty yearlong. Trip right howl ensues lots of aliens hybrid. Creatures it's right if you haven't seen.
Speaker 2: It so it has nothing to do With. Covenant then not.
Speaker 3: A direct, time, no because.
Speaker 2: It's not peaking up off Of, covenant not.
Speaker 4: Exactly it takes place in between alien and, aliens but a long time After. Covenant Whoa so there could be a third another, one a third in The Covenant prometheus series that would help tie it all. In but it does it in this because they Describe Whyland Bishop wyland went to the, planet found the gur and then naming it after His prometheus five expedition.
Speaker 2: Whoa all, right all, right all, RIGHT i gotta watch. IT i gotta watch. It that sounds fucking fucked. Up The Face huggers Really basager's.
Speaker 4: Drones there's a hybrid creature at the very end of it that comes from a pregnant woman who he's injected with the GUR i don't want to give y, spoilers but it's god damn Good, ovacially it's akin to The.
Speaker 2: Originals WHEN i watch, IT i WILL i will have to message you and let you know WHAT i. Think BUT i, Mean i'm excited now because you, know it looked kind of, gay like they. Weren't you, know they weren't like picking it up right off a. Covenant it looked like some, other totally different thing to. Me SO i didn't know if they went in like a gay direction with it or if they were going to keep it with like the cool shit about like what makes alien so? Cool you. Know so it sounds like they, did and Now i'm excited to watch. It fucking face. Huggers but So. Drew when we team up and we do breakdowns, TOGETHER i always get so many. Compliments everyone loves the, energy you, bring the. Research everything Is. Dynamite thank you so much for joining me for yet another, breakdown and if you could those who are hearing you for the first, time let them know where they can find more of your.
Speaker 4: Work, Yeah drew missing from You All missing The point, podcast AM i doubles AND i find in all the Usual. Podcatches also co hosts a show Called Conspiracy theater three, thousand in which me and the Guys Moral bob And Ryan dane we break down films similar to. This we do watch, lungs we do, commentaries we do, breakdowns all that good. Stuff and thanks again for having me On. JULIE'S i love. THESE i always look forward to. Them we always pick great, movies stuff that we tend to miss On Conspiracy data three. Thousand so you're indulging me with these types of, conversations WHICH i really.
Speaker 2: Enjoy, OH i was gonna say me. TOO i love teaming up on. THESE i think we pick some fun ones from our, childhood fun ones that people wouldn't think. About harry and The henderson's that was a great, One but So i'm looking forward we'll team up on another. One it doesn't even have to be a. Breakdown we can just pick something random, maybe but uh, YEAH i hope everyone goes and checks out more of your. Work thank you again for joining me, tonight and to all the listeners out, there thank you and we will catch you on the next.
Speaker 6: ONE i think the message to psychos, fanatics murderers not cases all over the world is do not mess with suburbanites because, frankly we're just not gonna take it. Anymore you, know we're not going to be content to look after our lawns and wax our, cars paint our.
Speaker 5: Houses we're out to get them. Now we are out. Together