Speaker 1: Gonna bless you guys this morning. How are you?
Speaker 2: Are we good? You excited? Come on? I was excited to see or today. How many love Terrell?
Speaker 1: He comes in, you know, Terrell's the Amen corner and uh and so he's uh, Amen, you can I'm preaching on communion today.
Speaker 2: You could say that's juicy. I like that. I just thought of that. It's pretty funny.
Speaker 1: But uh, I'm I'm extremely privileged to come to deliver the word today. Thank you, pastor, and uh we love our pastors. Amen, you know, Sandy and I we love this house. We love what God is doing here at New Horizon. And and I tell you there's a there's there's a presence, there's an anointing on this place that many of you walk in that I hope you're tapping into.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: We were recently on Maui for a couple of weeks and we went into a store and the Holy Spirit walked in with us, and pretty soon I'm ministering to the to the lady working in the store. And then a few days later we're at a different store, same chain, different store, and the woman that we had seen that night was there. And as I walked in. I thought she was going to pass out. And what I found out was that at that moment she had been sharing with the owner of the stores what had happened at the store the other night with us.
Speaker 2: And little Dos.
Speaker 1: She realized, you know, twenty miles away, we're gonna walk in with our kids and all, you know. And and she introduced us to this lady and we began to minister to her, and come to find out she was a in twenty years earlier, she had been a Bethel student SSM down and reading. She she had I mean just and I'm telling you, power of Holy Spirit walks with us into places. And we began just to declare things over her life. And I'm telling you it it rocked her world. And so be prepared that as a part of this body, there is an anointing on you to touch the lives of people as.
Speaker 2: You walk out. Amen.
Speaker 1: And one of the things that we've been talking about, so a few weeks ago we started a series on ancient pathways. Elder Craig preached a couple of a few weeks ago, about three weeks ago, and then we had Pastor Zach preach, and then really last week, Pastor talked about.
Speaker 2: Vision, and truthfully, it's one of the wells as well.
Speaker 1: And we're on this series and today I'm going to talk about the Well of Communion and you're gonna play with me a little bit. This is our well right here, This little bucket is my well. And and because it's the best I could do. I didn't have the ability to build that well, even though Ai built that well and it was pretty quick. I sent that to Bethany the other day and said, here's AI's idea for a logo for Sunday morning. So anyway, but I want to just I want us to begin to catch it. And I know many of you we're catching this well of Communion and realizing what the Lord has for us in there, and and so I want to just pray and just begin to deliver this. But I really trust that this morning your hearts are open to receive. So, Father, this morning, we thank you for your word, God, to thank you for the opportunity to speak with your people to share. And Father, I asked that every word that comes out, Lord is your word.
Speaker 2: Father. We just speak. We say that we ask you, Lord to speak.
Speaker 1: And we say your servants are listening this morning Lord, we want to hear what you have to say to us who we declared in Jesus' name.
Speaker 2: And then yeah, I wanted to just start with this a little.
Speaker 1: Bit that you know, I had some thoughts on communion the other day, just thinking about our own journey and and kind of what we've experienced in our our years of marriage, and and uh, really, what what God has done When I look back on it, I realized, man, we we never started out with this, but it sure has become a part of us. And how many of you would say you've had some things happen to you in life that that you didn't realize early on, but they defined you. And and so you know, I was thinking about it because you know, we've all taken communion a lot in our lifetime. If you if you've grown up in the church period, whether it doesn't matter what church you grew up in, you've taken communion a lot. And and many times we've we've we've you know, we've held the bread, we've lifted up the cup, and we've about our heads in reverence. But there's this shocking truth that a lot of us had never heard until you came here, and that is that buried under the tradition and softened by routine and overlooked by generations. There's this power of communion that Jesus wants us to walk in. And you know, the early Church they lived in this. It's interesting because if you read the passages of scripture about communion after Jesus had died, you see the early Church had it all the time, so daily in their houses they were receiving communion.
Speaker 2: And and you know.
Speaker 1: The Church lived in it the truth. The apostles they proclaimed it. And honestly, Hell absolutely fears this with intensity because communion is is more than some little symbolic thing.
Speaker 2: It's not some real ritualistic thing.
Speaker 1: It's not a quiet religious moment added to the end.
Speaker 2: Of the service.
Speaker 1: Communion is the covenant in action. It is the believer in enforcing what Jesus has already accomplished. And One Corinthians eleven twenty nine is often quoted during communion services, and Paul wrote it, and he says, he who eats and drinks unworthily eats and drinks judgment to himself. Why because he's not discerning the Lord's body. Now, this is what's interesting, and you might not hear this anywhere else, Maybe you will, but rarely will you hear this. But you know that whole thing about discerning the Lord's body, it's not necessarily a moral failure. It is speaking of a failure to realize the revelation. It's the lack of recognizing what Jesus did for us. It means that we're not understanding it, we're not grasping it. The covenant reality of what you hold in your hands is so much more than what you've been taught in tradition religion, traditional religion, the early Church, they treated communion with reverence because they saw it as a release point.
Speaker 2: Of divine strength.
Speaker 1: They saw the bread as a point of contact with the body of Christ.
Speaker 2: They have to remember, most of them had seen him physically in form, they had seen him, they had experienced his life, and so it meant something different.
Speaker 1: You can imagine, if you knew him personally, communion probably might have meant something different than it does today. And so they they saw this, they remembered him, they knew of it, and they saw the body and the blood as points of contact with the covenant that had been sealed in him. Remember, he said, this covenant is sealed with my blood. And so they understood what most of us have either not you know, not been taught, or that we've forgotten, and that it's not you know, communion is not like a memorial of his death. It is a celebration of his victory.
Speaker 2: This bread's not merely bread.
Speaker 1: We just talked about this the other day, that this is un common bread. Come on, there's something about the bread that is not common. I don't have time to talk about the story of David going in and asking for bread from the priest, but.
Speaker 2: Can I tell you something.
Speaker 1: The priest said to him, all that we have is uncommon bread. And then when he asked for a sword, he said, the only sword that's here is the one that's back there, behind that one place. It's in his presence, and it was the sword that you cut off goliaths head with.
Speaker 2: Come on, come on, come on.
Speaker 1: The weapon of our warfare is the one that's in the presence of God.
Speaker 2: Come on, come on.
Speaker 1: That's I have time for that subject today, But I encourage you go read this stuff.
Speaker 2: It'll rock your world.
Speaker 1: The Bible says that he was wounded for our transgressions, and that by his stripes we are healed. These aren't just poetic statements. These are legal declarations that you get to speak. Come on, well, these are legal you.
Speaker 2: Come on, you can walk out that by his stripes, I am healed. That's a legal declaration.
Speaker 1: That should send the demons of Hell running every time you say it. Come on, by his wounds, I've been My transgressions have been wiped out.
Speaker 2: Come on, thank you Jesus. Come on.
Speaker 1: That whipping post was where your sickness was carried, and that cross was where our sins were born. Come on, he bore those sins on his back, and here at new horizon. We're growing in all of this. But today I want to talk about redigging the wells, redigging the well of Communion, specifically who jump to Genesis, chapter twenty six and verse eighteen. Bible says Isaac reopened the wells that had been dug during the days of his father Abraham, for the Philistines had filled them in, filled them up after Abraham died, and Isaac restored their names.
Speaker 2: There are some things of God.
Speaker 1: That he is given to us, that he never intended for them to be closed off, that they are for generation to generation. You know, wells are not lost by accident.
Speaker 2: They get filled in a little bit at a time, and they can be filled in by the enemy.
Speaker 1: They can filled in and get filled in by people who might not realize their value. But nonetheless they get filled in. And eventually, when you go to that well, you can't get the hat all out. It's buried, it's under some things.
Speaker 2: But guess what.
Speaker 1: The well doesn't stop being a well because somebody threw some stuff in there. The Bible says Isaac, he uncovered those wells. I'm telling you today, we're gonna be a people of God who uncover some wells.
Speaker 2: We're gonna say, Lord, we we uncover the ancient wells, the.
Speaker 1: Pathways that you have for us. We're uncovering those in prayer. We're gonna uncover the well in baptism. We're gonna uncover the well of healing. We're gonna uncover the well of deliverance. We're gonna uncover these wells because God, we want everything that you have for us. I want us to have everywhere. There should be wells across this property, across your homes, across this church, that are the wells of salvation, the wells of deliverance, the wells of healing, the well of change is breaking up. People walk in the door. All of a sudden, deliverance comes. Come on, well, we don't even have to preach. We just have people breaking free all of a sudden.
Speaker 2: How would you like it?
Speaker 1: During worship, All of a sudden, somebody jumps out of a wheelchair and just begins to run this building.
Speaker 2: Come on, there's a well of healing. Come on.
Speaker 1: We don't need necessarily a flowery prayer. We just see the power of Holy Spirit. Recently, our daughter and our son in law making a shiloh.
Speaker 2: Some of you probably know them.
Speaker 1: They live over in Idaho, and recently they're well. Quit working the pump died. Now, when you live a little bit off grid, mostly off grid, and you've got four children and a mini farm, water is a problem if you don't have it. And I encourage you if you want to test the theory, just today, when you get home, shut off the water at the street, away the key, and just live for a few days and see how much you depend on water. But you know, all of a sudden, bathing becomes a challenge, Cooking becomes a challenge, Cleaning become everything becomes a challenge. You need it, and the thing is what's frustrating is you know you have it, but you can't access it.
Speaker 2: And so they had to go for a week or so without.
Speaker 1: Water, and and and they had to run and get water all the time. Water became very laborious, you know. But then they can fix that. But in the same way, you see, the access and the flow are essential for our lives. The well of communion, it's essential for our lives. The other wells that we're talking about, they're essential for your life. It's interesting because you know, as soon as Jesus ascended to Heaven, the enemy began to fill in the well of communion.
Speaker 2: We we talked about it well. The communion in the early.
Speaker 1: Days of the church was often daily in their homes, the Bible says. And then the enemy he begins to fill it in over time, and so he drops in, you know, a little rock of passivity or disappointment, discouragement, the rock of religion.
Speaker 2: I'll tell you about the rock of religion.
Speaker 1: When when I was a young man, when I was nineteen, so that's a couple of weeks ago, Sandy and I were we were serving on this on staff at a church in Tacoma, and we were youth leaders. We weren't youth pastors. We were youth leaders because I wasn't credentialed, so we were youth leaders. Pastor knows what we're talking about. Titles are important in some of these places. And so one day the pastor calls in sick. Early on a Sunday morning. They called me and said, hey, we're going to need you to preach, and we're talking through the service in the and they're like, well, you know, today's the first Sunday of the.
Speaker 2: Month, which meant thank you communion.
Speaker 1: You guys that grew up in church, you knew and so on the you know, we had community in that day. I said, well, I can handle that. I was trying to the pastor's wife. I said, I can handle that. I can certainly receive communion. She goes her voice deepens. Oh, Joe, you know you're not able to administer communion because only licensed ministers can do that. I want you to catch something here.
Speaker 2: Now. At nineteen, I didn't know any better.
Speaker 1: I hadn't read all the scriptures I've read today about communion. So I it ceded me into believing that there was some rule in place. You see, it's the same rule that says your children can't receive communion. Come on, I'm messing with some of us. But the reality is those things are not in the Bible. They are in the bucket of covering communion up.
Speaker 2: They are in.
Speaker 1: The well of coverage so that you can't access it. Come on, but I'm telling you, the enemy has tricked us out of our blessings. He's tricked us out of our access. He's tricked us out of the very things that got intended for you.
Speaker 2: To walk in.
Speaker 1: And he's disqualified us. He's made us unqualified. He's made us think we don't deserve something. And I'm telling you right now, there's power in the well of communion that you need to access because it will walk you in freedom like you've never seen before. The enemy he's wanted to stop this pump from pumping. But what he doesn't understand is this pump can't be stopped because it is not powered by human hands.
Speaker 2: It's powered by the very heart of Jesus Christ.
Speaker 1: It's powered by the very heart of God. It's time for the Church to uncover it. It's time for the enemy to be returned back to where he came from.
Speaker 2: And for us to return to this well that sustains us.
Speaker 1: About two thousand and three, a wonderful friend of ours gave Sandy and I a CD set, and this is we had no idea that this would ever become a big part of our lives, but she gave us a four part CD set by Pastor Gregory Dickow out of Chicago.
Speaker 2: How many of you know I'm talking about.
Speaker 1: And he put this CD set out and was called The Cup of Blessing and we began to listen to it and it just completely.
Speaker 2: Rocked our world.
Speaker 1: I remember listening to it the first time and all of a sudden, like we sensed the power of the Holy Spirit entering our home, and it changed us. I mean it shocked us, It rocked us, It changed us. I mean, you know Pastor knows this. I walked into his office on a Sunday morning, began to share with him some of the things we'd been learning, and we felt the Holy Spirit come into the office there. But up to that point, communion was just something we did. And then all of a sudden, we realized something. Communion is someone we made all of a sudden it became like, when we have communion, we received communion. We're dining with the King of Kings, with the Lord of Lord, with God Almighty, with Jesus Christ. We're dining with them.
Speaker 2: And it began to change the way our perception was.
Speaker 1: All of a sudden, the table was no longer a checkpoint, but it was a meeting place.
Speaker 2: It was a meeting place.
Speaker 1: One Corinthians ten sixteen says, the cup of blessing that we bless, does it not mean we participate in the blood of Christ and the bread that we break? Does it not mean that we participate in the body of Christ. That word participate, it's not symbolic language. It means that you're going to share something, You're going to commune with him, You're going to have fellowship with him, You're participating in something. It's a living encounter with the presence of our Savior, and it's not only a reminder of what Jesus did, but it is an invitation to experience who he is now. When we started realizing this stuff, it changed the way we receive things because we stopped rushing through it and we stopped kind of reducing it down to something that it was never intended to be, and we stopped treating it kind of casually.
Speaker 2: All of us have been through communion services, and we you.
Speaker 1: Know, if you grew up in a a in a liturgical environment, you might have just you know, kind of you went through the motions, so to speak. God never intended us to go through the motions. This is not powerless, this is powerful. Jesus didn't say take this occasion only when you feel worthy. He said, as often as you do this, do this in remembrance of me. Luke twenty two nineteen says, then he lifted up a loaf, and after praying a prayer of thanksgiving, he gave each of his apostles a piece of bread, saying, this loaf is my body which is now being offered to you. Always eat it to remember me. That means communion is going to carry some emotion.
Speaker 2: Think about it.
Speaker 1: If you go to a funeral and you're in a memorial service, there's emotion there. There's a carrying of the emotions. There's this carrying of affection, of closeness, and it's a relational moment every time that we receive it.
Speaker 2: It's supposed to be.
Speaker 1: That in two thousand and nine, the same friend of ours. She was diagnosed with stage four cancer. And we begin to pray with them, and we believed with them.
Speaker 2: We stood in faith with these people.
Speaker 1: These were some of the most incredible people on the planet, and we received communion together. We did everything we knew to do, and yet she passed away. And see this is where a lot of us we stopped drawing from the well.
Speaker 2: You see this.
Speaker 1: The enemy loves this rock of loss because he can throw it in your bucket and it's one more thing to hold back that ladle. He loves the rock of disappointment. He loves to confuse you and pour some dirt back in. And this is where we allow those things to quietly convince us that maybe this stuff doesn't work the way we thought it did.
Speaker 2: But I want to say.
Speaker 1: Something to you that I think is really important. That is that faith isn't proven by outcomes. Your faith is proven by trust. You cannot stop trusting God regardless of the outcome. Hebrews eleven thirty nine says these were the true heroes commended for their faith, yet they lived in hope without receiving the fullness of what was promised to them. Another way to say it is these heroes all died still clinging to their faith.
Speaker 2: Come on, I might die, but I'm gonna die clinging to what I believe.
Speaker 1: God has said over my life.
Speaker 2: They died trusting. They didn't allow faith to collapse when the healing didn't come. See. Faith collapses when our trust.
Speaker 1: Is replaced with control, when we begin to decide, well, I can't trust God to do it, so I'm just gonna go do it on my own. All of a sudden, you've moved out of faith into control. Some of us we sit back and we said, well, it didn't work out the way I thought it would, so I'll just step over here and do it the way I think it should be done. We're walking into a situation where we're no longer walking in the faith that we should and in the trust that we should. We're walking in the arm and strength of men. And all of a sudden, Oh, that's when trouble really begins. I'm looking at the clock, realizing time goes by really fat when you're preaching. Luke twenty two twenty says after supper was over, he lifted the cup and again he said, this cup is my blood. Of the new Covenant I make with you, and it will be poured out for you soon. Covenant doesn't promise outcomes, but it does promise his presence. His presence is promised in our lives. Covenant says, I'm with you when you're suffering. I'm with you in healing. I'm with you in life, I'm with you in death. I'm with you beyond death. See, communion is not some lever that we pull to make Heaven move. It's a table where Heaven meets us. I want us to catch this because see, it's not some magic thing we go, oh, you know, new slot machine.
Speaker 2: No no, no, no, no.
Speaker 1: This is where I'm meeting the King of Kings, the Lord of lords. And I'm saying, God, no matter what I'm going through, keyword through, you are with me. The Bible says that that though I walk through the valley of the shadow of.
Speaker 2: Death, he is with me.
Speaker 1: Come on, and he says, I've prepared a table in the presence of your enemies. Come on, come on, He's prepared something for you that even when you.
Speaker 2: Are walking through that valley.
Speaker 1: Even when you are in the presence of your enemies, he's there to sustain you. He's there to feed you, he's there to hold you, he's there.
Speaker 2: To comfort you. Come on, our friend.
Speaker 1: She may not have made it through the cancer, but I want to tell you something. Communion carried her. It sustained her. It reminded her of who she belonged to. It anchored her in hope. And when she passed away, I tell you what I know, Oh, that she got her healing.
Speaker 2: She was made complete at that very moment.
Speaker 1: Come on, Romans eight thirty eight and thirty nine says, for I am persuaded that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, nor height nor depth, nor any other created things shall be able to separate us from the Love of God, which is in Christ, Jesus, our Lord.
Speaker 2: Come on, not cancer, Come on.
Speaker 1: Not death, not sickness, not disappointment, not lost.
Speaker 2: Nothing can separate you from His love. Thank your Lord.
Speaker 1: She Communion tells a bigger story than just survival. It tells the story of redemption, tells a story of eternity, tells a story of victory beyond the grave. Healing is powerful, but resurrection is permanent. The Bible says that Isaac didn't just reopen those wells, but that he restored their names. Would you just stand with me? I ask the prayer team to come. I want to encourage you this morning that we're talking about the well of communion, but we could be talking about the well of prayer, the will of baptism.
Speaker 2: The well of healing. But if you're standing here today and you say, you know what, I've allowed.
Speaker 1: The enemy to fill in one of my wells with loss and it's keeping the ladle from being lifted.
Speaker 2: Or maybe he's just convinced you that it doesn't really matter.
Speaker 1: So he's filled it with passivity.
Speaker 2: Or maybe you've had some things happen in life and.
Speaker 1: He filled the well with disappointment, maybe filled it with limitation, Maybe filled it with doubt, unbelief m m. Maybe filled it with limiting your access. And you're like, I can't do that at home. They taught me in catechism.
Speaker 2: I had to be.
Speaker 1: I can only go and get the priest to do it. God's telling you today, I open this up for everybody. Jesus said, do this in remembrance of me.
Speaker 2: He was talking to all of us.
Speaker 1: Maybe there's been some pain in your life, and you just haven't allowed that pain to be healed, and you n me just filled it.
Speaker 2: I just tell you something. Jesus wants you to.
Speaker 1: Be able to dip that ladl freely, freely, freely Father today, I need your healing freely Father today. I need your deliverance freely Father today. Come on today, I need your touch God, Jesus today. I don't know what to do. But I'm facing something I don't know what to do. And he says, wisdom is yours. Well today, he says, healing is yours.
Speaker 2: Come on. He says, unity in your home it's yours. Come on.
Speaker 1: He says, this well will never run dry. It has everything that you need in it.
Speaker 2: When the woman at.
Speaker 1: The well stood there and Jesus touched her, she went for water. She walked with healing, She walked with forgiveness, and she walked with her eyes open up with a new prophetic word over her life.
Speaker 2: God has something for you yet this well.
Speaker 1: So I'm going to encourage you if you say to me, man, I have never allowed myself to do this.
Speaker 2: The way that it was intended to do.
Speaker 1: I want you this morning to allow our prayer team to pray with you, begin to pray through these things, begin to uncover. Bible says that I Exait went and he uncovered those wells. You have a part to play. This wasn't a spiritual only. It doesn't say that God did this. Is Isaac did it. He had a task, and I'm telling you you have a task. You can recognize these things, and you can say, Lord, I just declare right now, loss is no longer a part of my history. Well, I declare right now, disappointment, you are out of my life. I declare right now, doubt you're gone. Come on, I declare right now.
Speaker 2: I stand in.
Speaker 1: Faith believing that what Jesus said he is going to do. What the Holy Spirit is has said over my life is true, in forever and going to happen.
Speaker 2: Come on, come on. There's a power of the Holy Spirit. He wants to move in all of our lives.
Speaker 1: And as we receive communion in our homes, as we receive communion in our church, as we receive communion with one another, there is power in the blood and the body of Jesus Christ, and its restoration time for the church. Come on, it's restoration time at your home. It's restoration time in your life. It's restoration time, thank you.
Speaker 2: Lord.
Speaker 1: So if that's you today, just as we begin to worship, as we dismissed today, I encourage you to come forward, pray, be prayed for. Let the power of the Holy Spirit just begin to rock your world and move your life.
Speaker 2: And let the power.
Speaker 1: Of the Holy Spirit fill all those places, uncover those wells, begin to dip in deep and cool water of refreshing in your lives.
Speaker 2: In Jesus' name.
Speaker 1: Father, we declare it over your people today. God, how declare there's a revival happening in this church. There's a revival happening in our homes. There's a renewal happening God, And we're running.
Speaker 2: To your wells.
Speaker 1: Lord, We're running to the paths that you have for us. God, we declare it in the Mighty name of Jesus. Come on, give him a shout of praise this morning. Lord, You're so worthy.
Speaker 2: God.
Speaker 1: We glorify your name in this house. Lord, we thank you for Jesus name. God, do your work and your people this week glared over us in the Mighty name of Jesus. Come and be prayed for, and just allow Holy Spirit to move in your life this week.
Speaker 2: God bless you Church,