Speaker 1: Hi. My name is Tom Welling.
Speaker 2: I played Clark Kent on Smallville and you are listening to Always Hold On to Smallville.
Speaker 1: Welcome Always One to Smallville. In this podcast, we talk about each and every episode of the Young Superman Show The RAM from two thousand and one to twenty eleven on the WB and the c W. I'm her hose Zach More and we're back for another mail bag, number fourteen, and I'm drawn by from Always Holding the Arrow Lance Last or What's up? Plants? And Nick Ryan mcdoze.
Speaker 3: Hello, it's me.
Speaker 1: All right, I don't know we are friends. Yes, this is a stick you see.
Speaker 2: Yeah, guys, it's what you said, number fourteen. It's been fourteen you guys. Yeah, we're friends.
Speaker 1: So we're in between episodes. This is the last hiatus at that Smallville took him before it's final batch of episodes. So we are in between our final batch of episodes on the on the small which is crazy to think about. Right, eight years later, we finally got through ten seasons of television. But it's time for another mail bag, and not the last mail bag, by the way, We'll be back for more. You guys know the routine, right We open up our mail bag. We have podcast reviews, emails, messages, things like that, and we're just gonna go on the list and read some of your your questions. It's great to receive these, you know. Whenever we see a message come in and I share it with you guys. A lot of the times. Sometimes sometimes I want to save it for these, yeah, and then sometimes I forget because I'll look at him and I compile them as I go, and then I'll forget, you know. So if you've been waiting for me to respond to your email for a while, I am sorry. When there are time sensitive emails, I do respond to them. But for the most part, you know, I kind of wait because I think it's more exciting to hear Oh yeah, your message on the air for sure. First off, we have an email from Dylan D'Antonio titled Smallville question. Hey, guys, thank you for all your great work interviews. If they ever get that Smallville sequel animated series off the ground, what direction would you want it to take? Would you want it to follow the comics, bring in villains the show didn't do like Hank Kinshaw, Maybe develop the Justice League, bring back Lana, stick to daily Planet Shenanigans. Either way, I hope it happens. Thank you, Dylan, Well, Dylan. As exciting as it would be to get Small Veil the animated series, if I had to bet one hundred dollars on it, I would put all one hundred dollars on it not happening, unfortunately, one hundred dollars because I remember, you know, Lance and I read Awesome con twenty eighteen, Yes, where they like kind of first floated that idea. Was Tom's first convention. We went to watching DC. It was a great time and they floated this idea. I'm like, oh, that makes a lot of sense because Rosenbaum's a voice actor and he's like championing for all these things right now. And and that was that was seven years ago. There has been actual conversations about this. It's not just like a fun idea they reference every time. And then they want to get Al Goff and Miles Millar involved, their creators of the show of Smallville. They want to get all the cast back. They've talked a lot of the cast and they'd be all happy and willing to do it, but I mean voice acting, right, So it's a lot less.
Speaker 3: Phone and records, so it's all good. Yeah, no limitations there.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean Tom's not going to put on the cost to him, Michael's not going to shave his head. If you ever want to see them quote Unque's characters again and anime, it shows a great way to go right. So what I would want to do is I would set it in between you know, the last scene of the finale and the flash forward at the end of the finale, so you see, you see all the stuff in between, kind of we know where they end up seven years in the future. So you could do seven seasons if you wanted ten episodes each. These days, they never would because nothing can last past like thirty episodes and two seasons. It's such a shame. I would explore Lex trying to get his memories back, you know, him trying to piece his life back. To the other thing that's a really fascinating component. A key thing for me is on they want to get John Glover involved, and obviously Lionel's dead, oh yeah, spoiler's neck, and I think they should have Lionel kind of be the manifestation of Lex's memories that got erased. Season in the mirror, the way Harry Osbourne sees Norman Osborne's and that's a great way to incorporate John Glover exactly. I mean, just do it. They wrote Spider Man two, Alan Miles wrote Spider Man too, so that that's what I would like to see. And then obviously you have the only planet stuff you can bring. I mean, do not just make small molest Season eleven in animation for him, like just that's its own thing. But do some Superman stuff. Bring in Batman at some point. It's inevitable, Yes, right, it's inevitable. They do that wonderful one. It is inevitable. And I know they did that in the comics, but I would just ignore the comics. It's a fun thing they did on the side, but it's not canon. That's what I want to see. Bring yeah, bring back lawa like wrap that up properly, right, So do that kind of stuff. I guess you really could use Jimmyilsen because he's not old enough. He's just a kid. And if we're starting where I want to start it right, a Neto tool, Michael McKean, who get a husband wife discount and bring them in. You gotta have Michael McKean.
Speaker 3: They can get them on the phone.
Speaker 1: That's true. Like that's the thing. Like the the Michael mckan's voice actor too. Yeah, he did the Joker in the Legend of the Dark Night episode, for example. So we love this. It would be a great continuation of the show, the only way they really can continue it now. And oh my god, what do we do about Chloe? Well, you actually you can use the phone, y'all.
Speaker 3: She's been able to use a phone this whole time.
Speaker 1: The thing about Chloe is you either don't eat her in the show because they're her and Oliver Queen are off in Star City, right, because you don't not gonna Justin Hartley is too busy to be doing this right now, right, so calling Steven, No, you just don't have the minute. And if you do have to have the minute, you get Kristen Bell. Let's Chloe problem, solve next problem. Right, It's it's it's that simple. The hook, the the overarching story would be lecturing his memories back. Yeah, and then the episodic stuff would be the you know, villains of the Week and that sort of thing. So that's what I'm thinking, that's what I want to see.
Speaker 3: Have you thought about that? A lot or is that all on spot?
Speaker 1: I think about it every day. Nick. Oh, but you bring back characters like Mattallo or z Atana, like you know for for guest stars, Like I really would want to get the actress back, but not as essential, you know. So that's what I'm thinking.
Speaker 3: You do a fun phantom his own thing, have z A come back. You're the finest investigator.
Speaker 1: All right, you just want to do this? Do have him show up is odd? And like have him fight Superman? Like that's the time. Finally gold the Superman stories never got to do right and and then the possibilities are endless because there's no constraints for like budget and stuff, because you can draw anything. So just come out of it. I would only ask that, did you do you know what? Do you would think ten episodes of season?
Speaker 2: Sure?
Speaker 1: But okay ten episodes of season? What one season a year? Please? Just like here's ten episodes and guess what we'll be back in three years with ten more? Like what has happened to animation these days? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Some have like realized the mistake and are just like, yeah, we're not gonna do that anymore. So shout out to Invincible for realizing that and delivering the goods.
Speaker 1: Well, it's unfortunate because James Gunn and Micro Rosemon and friends, and James Gunn is ahead of DC. I mean, like you would think he would do his boy a solid and give him a small bull show.
Speaker 3: You would think you would do a lot of things as the head of DC.
Speaker 1: That's you know what. You know what, Guys, you think I'm negative about James Gunn, all will be forgiven if he greenly at the Small Mill Animated series. Show would be a lot more positive about James Gunn. I would be happy to see him popping up every time I turn around like we are now.
Speaker 3: If James gun delivers like any Milestone character, I will start drinking all the kool aid. Well, he won't be doing that, les, So that's why I will not be drinking any kool aid.
Speaker 1: Nick, do you know who the nick? You know who the Milestone characters are?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 3: I was gonna try to lie, but you've ain't calling me out all night today.
Speaker 4: So.
Speaker 1: Lance, why don't you tell him who they are?
Speaker 5: Uh?
Speaker 3: The most famous one is Static Oh okay, yeah, so uh but particularly like Static Icon, Rocket Hardware, the Blood Syndicate. Oh Miles Okay, I thought, like a Milestone, like, what's it called?
Speaker 1: We hit this? No, no, no, no no. I would love to see some Milestone characters. So that's so much untapped potential.
Speaker 3: I know, So do that, Yeah, d you se was locked in, they'd be using him that.
Speaker 1: Those are my top three projects. If you like you're in Georgia, DC. What do you do well those four? Yeah, small Boy, mid Series, Batman, me on with Michael Keaton, Milestone and Jack Cutter, Juste particularly, That's what I.
Speaker 3: Do, all right, shout out to his grace, So this Grace.
Speaker 1: Thank you for that email, Dylan. I'm sure we'll be talking about small with the animated series a lot as we go forward. Yeah, laughing about it's non existing.
Speaker 3: For sure. All right. Next, we have an email from Alana bearing the title is new Listener Old Crow. Hey all, I found your podcast a while back when I watched Smallwool with my brother he's seven years older, while visiting him, visiting him for a week. He was in season nine or ten, uh whatever. Season started with Lois coming Back from the future. Question mark, question mark, question mark. I stopped watching somewhere after Alexana many years back. I'm about to turn forty next month. So when I say many years back, I mean back when that season was actually airing.
Speaker 6: Yep.
Speaker 3: Stopped watching after that nightmare, but decided my head back in two seasons later, and freaking Lana was there again, so I came up and never went back until now. I still remember when I first heard about Smallville. I was in college, still visiting my old comic book store for new releases, and I saw it. A single page ad A boy in a cornfield and s Paydon on his chest, glon Kryptonie hanging from his neck, and I knew. I knew before I read the title Young kal El. I literally said that out loud. Yes, I call him by his Kryptonian name. Whenever possible, I would. I have loved Superman since I saw the first film with Christopher Reeve, probably when I was three. Heck, most likely in utero. I could hear it. Okay, I grew up with Christopher as my Superman, but as Clark not so much, because, as you said, all the movies always sped through his childhood in teen years and then just skipped his entirely his early adulthood. Boom. He's thirty, so Smallville became a true love of mine for many years. So when my brother, who lived in Vermont, offered me gummies and to watch Smallville, I didn't quite realize what I was getting myself into. When I went to bed that night, I had season one playing on my laptop. Seriously, though, imagine being on gummies and watching the scenes between Clark and Lex through fifteen plus years of life, and whispering to yourself in the middle of Vermont night. It has to be delivered, right, They know what they're doing. It's just not weed subtext.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 3: Still here, I am somewhere in season three of my rewatch, and I found your podcast, and I'm on season one of that so new fan. However, excuse me, what do you mean that every episode of Smallville, even the bad ones, even spell Kinetic, is better than a single episode of Agents of Shield You, sir, be smirks the honor of Agent Melinda the Cavalry May. Everybody likes Melinda, May so shout out to her. I am willing to overlook it because your Smallville takes, as well as the occasional twenty minute arrow rant, are hilarious.
Speaker 1: And those early days, yes, we swear on a fake beard. Check the tape. I called it.
Speaker 3: Oh man, that show, But I'm warning you. You're charming and have a great laugh and know everything about Marvel, but there is a limit and I will fight over Agents. Looking forward to listening further respectfully and strangely enough on gummies again.
Speaker 1: A well, thank you, manna Im.
Speaker 3: That was an email.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I have said many times that you know last Night Roommates. When Agents show came out season one, we watched the first like ten eleven episodes. Yeah, I'm like, all right, that's enough. I'm like, oh wait, you get the episode fourteen. It gets really good after them, like that's enough.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's enough.
Speaker 1: And I just saw them dissolve Shield in the Winter Soldiers, So why would I watch Jason's and Shield?
Speaker 3: But Fitz Ender Simmons. That was like one of the flights Simmons was really fun.
Speaker 1: What was which one is fits? Which one of the Simmons. You don't know, do you?
Speaker 3: The Fit's was the guy Simmons.
Speaker 1: We don't know. We called him Fitz Simmons, and we're like Fits and or Simmons. Well that's what we called them, yeah, because we know the difference.
Speaker 3: We didn't know the difference crap I'm.
Speaker 1: Actually thinking about, you know, Fitz Andersimmons. She was Lex Luther's daughter on Sir sus That's correct. Really, she's a directed to In real life. She directed some episodes of the show.
Speaker 3: That's awesome.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Elizabeth Hinterridge, Yes, shout out anyway, thanks Lena and uh Jore those gummies.
Speaker 2: Yeah, all right, And we have an Apple Podcasts review for five stars from Clark's Creek titled if I'd known, yes, listener, you might have actually loved this podcast.
Speaker 1: That is a reference to what Lionel and Lex say to each other at the end of Memoria, one of the best episodes of the show. So yes, I caught that understood. That reference.
Speaker 2: Goes on saying, well, I'm ensuring that you do know, and that, unlike Lionel, you won't have to wait until your son is three seasons into his tragic descent into villainy to learn this important piece of information. This podcast is super I have such a blast listening to Zach knowledgeably and thoughtfully to discussed Smallville, and he's often very funny too.
Speaker 1: Thank you.
Speaker 3: Always hold on to always hold on to Smallville, Klana forever.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean that was great to that last line there, Oh, thank you for that. Clark's Creek appreciate that. I do try to often be funny, so I thank you for that comment and knowledgeable and thoughtful. Yeah, it's very very flattering, five star either thinking. All right, I have an email from Jake Cleveland titled x ray Vision. Hi always Wanda Smallville. Did you ever notice every time Clark tells someone about his extra vision, they close or cover their chest, But he always assures them that he never do that because he has to focus. But he never tells Lana because he actually did X ray here in the locker room. Just a funny observation. True, well maybe once, yep, as my boy. Yeah, I like that because, look, he couldn't control it. He's fifteen years old. He's going with the flow for once. And uh, that's back when they were doing see through vision and vision was because yeah, it's like ooh a skeleton. Check out that femur. It's hot like that. Anyway, I do like the X ray X ray vision though. That's the right way. It's called X ray vision. So Smallville has been the best version of that, best version of a lot of the powers, but by far the best version of the X ray vision. So thanks Jake.
Speaker 3: All right, next, we have an email for Maurice.
Speaker 1: What's up Maurice?
Speaker 3: Email titled major Mad props Zach, Lance and Big Nick. Hello.
Speaker 1: That's right, we're supposed to start calling you Nick. I forgot about that. Thank you, hey, obviously, Maurice. Listen to the email.
Speaker 3: Yes, I'm not sure when the next mail bag would be, but I wanted to give you guys huge props on the Always Hold On To network of podcasts. You guys created something, and as busy as your schedules are, I'm glad these podcasts exist. I hope you all continue to keep these podcasts going. On another note, I was extremely harsh on Felicity on one of the previous emails I wrote. I wrote that email a not remembering what happened after season three on Arrow and B before I started listening to Lance and Kev's podcast. After listening to you guys read my email, I really went plus Ultra ko Ken times twenty on hers, so that's successfive. I didn't realize how bad that sounded, and after listening to the Always Held an Arrow podcast. It took some time, but Felicity did redeem herself. My bad. She did redeem herself a little bit. She has her moments. On a further note, James Gunn mentioned a while back that he wants DCTV, SLASH, streaming games, and movies to all be connected in the same universe. I'm not sure if he changed his mind about that, but do you think he's going to go through with that? That would mean having the Batman and Batman Brave in the Bold in the same universe. What are your thoughts about what he should do with TV, streaming games and movies. Keep up the good work and stay super Bro.
Speaker 1: Maurice, Well, thank you, Maurice. I think that you know, there's a strength to having the ability to do different things in different meatiams mm hm. Like have they had this rule back when The Dark Knight Triliger just coming out? You never would have gotten Batman Arkham Asylum for Arkham City, Like, think about that. Yeah, that's nuts, Why would you do that? So, Like, I think it's cool to have the different if you're gonna do different multiverses, which is great. Do that so you could have I don't know, small building animated series over here, yes, and then you could have the flash video game over here, and you can you know that sort of thing you could build out a you could build out a multiverse of video games.
Speaker 3: I thought we hated the multiverse. I thought we were tired of the multiverse. I thought we should never do the multiverse again.
Speaker 1: I mean, if you're Marvel, so, look, it's used too much as a story. Crush is what people are giddy god, and I do agree, I mean not really, but well you tell me that now, wait till you see repertend engineers doctor do me?
Speaker 4: So?
Speaker 2: I still never mind. I was, I was just gonna say, I still think that's a red herring. I don't think he's actually gonna be doctor Dahom find out. It'll be twenty minutes of him, and then we find out who the real doctor dum is.
Speaker 1: Wow, we'll see. I think you're seeing that that problem with Marvel right now, honestly, where it's like there's so many shows and so many movies, like people, do you feel like you feel it.
Speaker 3: Too much homework?
Speaker 6: Man?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't have time to do my homework. Man, it's not all my students.
Speaker 1: Look, look, what you enjoy should never be felt like a chore, all right, But it's the same reason I fell behind on the air. Rose answer, there's too much. So I understand what people are saying.
Speaker 3: But here's the thing. We people people make time for other things that are very similar and have have similar prerequisites, and so it's I think it's disingenuous to pile on one thing when every other thing does it. I've said that about lots of things a lot of times, and that's that's my main issue. You talk about like, you know, like he's like, oh, they're using other story crutches. Like everything has a crutch in their story that they hold on to. So again, like we like, we don't blame other things for using their crutches right to help lift them up and lift up their products and lift up their storytelling.
Speaker 1: You do watch every Chicago Universe show. You're not the person though, What are YouTube short some of those enough of the YouTube shorts they spent all dinner talking to Nick about he's watched the entire series of The Rookie on YouTube shorts.
Speaker 3: All right, good lord, well, I might end up watching Smallville on YouTube show.
Speaker 1: That is not the proper way to watch smorl So I think, look, I mean, Maurice universe. It's great Maurice mentions like the Batman and Batman Brave and the Bowl and the same universe. James gunn He Sai, Well, these are else worlds, like like Sumanna Lows was an else world and Joker was an elseworld, right, so.
Speaker 3: Yeah, else worlds.
Speaker 1: That's why we need a multise.
Speaker 3: So couldn't they just make else worlds into a multiverse if they decided to.
Speaker 1: Well that's the thing. Well, look that's the problem. That's why saying I'm like, well we can't do small thenmate series right now, I'm like why not? Like he's like the Batman is not the same as you know, the mainline DCU. So that's that's the trap people. And there's always gonna be something that there's not gonna be one. It's not like Star Wars or Star Trek whethers there's one thing, right, there's one thing going on. And yes, everything on screen takes precedence over like books and comics and they can be overwritten. Like with this, there's like there's always multiple versions of these things going on at all times, and to like it's the same stuff they had, like in jail, you would have the bad embargo like, oh, we're making Chris Nolan Batman movies, so you can't use Batman villones. What are you talking? That's no correlation. Yeah, so like that that reminds me of that. I don't like it. So that's right. I think, yes, things are things are gonna be connected and things aren't gonna be connected, and there's perfect there's plenty of space for both. So that's how I feel bad.
Speaker 2: It okay, Oh right now, we have another email here from Jake Cleveland titled Doomsday. Hey, Zach Lance and crew. I just want to give a fun fact. The wrestler who played Titan on season six episode Combat played Doomsday as a wrestling character really early into the career before he became Cane. Thanks for everything and stay cool, Caine.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I uh that that episode is was ridiculous that the w w E crossover one of my favorite shows that the Rock was on Star Treking Voyager. What are we doing?
Speaker 3: Do you?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Did you know that?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: He fought seven of nine. I remember the trailers for the people say that. Yeah, wow, he did the people's eyebrow.
Speaker 3: He also hit a mouse to or like pretend to eat a mouse. I remember, I remember the behind the scenes for that there was like He's like, yeah me eat mouse Man. Do you smell what the rock is? Quicker Wednesday? That was a superior strength. When America's SmackDown Hero takes on Voyagers battle Star fain World will alive. I have no desire to insert further damage. I'm afraid I can't say this so to Clark, a voyager beam out of.
Speaker 2: There to WWS, the Rock guest stars got an all new Voyager.
Speaker 1: So no, Jake, I'm not a wrestling guy, so I did not know that actually, so thank you for sharing that information. I assume they called him Doomsday as a wrestler as a reference to the Superman Villa, and so that that's cool. That's a cool bit of trivia. Thanks Jake. All Right, we have another email from Jake titled exile Hey always the one in Smallville. I was just curious if you guys notice on the episode Phoenix, when Clark pulls mister Edge out of the limo, one of his goons pulls a gun out and says let him go. That guy, along with a face tattoo, guy literally unloaded a full magazine from fully automatic machine gum. Clark was sleeping in bed and it did nothing. I just thought it was kind of funny he did that after clearly showing guns to work on him. Anyway, stay awesome. It's the same thing White when when like they shoot at Superman and they throw a gun at him and say what do you like? It's not what else do they have? That's all they got, so all they got at that point. But that is a fun observation. My favorite third part about that scene is when Clark rips the door off, take your ass down the road back to Metropolis, and then he has to drive off with Yeah, just not there. That's a three hour drive. Season three, it's closer later, but in season three.
Speaker 3: Hours just outside the city.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 3: Next, we have a five star Apple podcast review from Dan the rock Man titled best Smallville podcast Ever. This is the best Marvel podcast out there. Zach has in depth knowledge of Smallville and Superman in general. You will not be disappointed.
Speaker 1: Well, thanks Dan, I appreciate that there are a lot of Smuvel podcasts out there, and thank you for thinking on the best one.
Speaker 3: I appreciate that this is the number one Smavel we watched podcasts on the internet.
Speaker 2: I agree all right now, we have an email from Joshua EM's titled Homecoming. Hey, Zach, Lance and Nick Ryan, Hey, both of my names. Hey, we don't plan this out. Let's just happened. Just listen to your coverage of Homecoming. What an amazing episode. It gets an A plus for me. I really enjoyed the nostalgia flashbacks, although I did literally groan when it showed Lana, but they handled it well. I've got my twentieth reunion coming up. Oh sorry, I've got my twentieth reunion coming up in a couple of years. Missed the tenth, so I may try to make this one. We didn't do a fifth.
Speaker 3: Nick, have you caught him to the show?
Speaker 2: No, that is a no at the moment, but I might YouTube. I'm not going to YouTube short, I'll just do YouTube summary ones. You better get your button gear if you haven't. Lance, I'm gearing up for the Christmas movie season. Just found out there will be one starring Angela Kinsey and Brian Bumgardner from the Office. Should be a good season, Zach, how about that walk off Grand slam?
Speaker 3: My Dodgers are.
Speaker 2: Doing pretty good up too, and zero in the series. As I write this, how'd your astros do? Until next time, have a good one, Josh said from my iPhone.
Speaker 1: You know I usually delete that far from the EULs. I wonder when this email was sent. Yeah, no, obviously this came out to the World Series.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I had initially an apologies to christin EDDI. I'd initially said, oh, yeah, well, of course I'll be even for the Yankees. And I thought about it, and I thought it, I'm like, no, you know what, the Dodgers already won in twenty twenty. They're in the National League, They're not really we don't really play them a lot, and the twenty seventeen was kind of a one off thing. Yeah, the Yankees we play all the time and beat all the time, so I don't want them to win the worst. So I ended up being like, you know what, I guess I over the Dodgers, and it was a gentleman sweep, as they call it, five games, yes, Josh. Right, after going to seven straight American League Championship Series and uh with the four World Series trips sprinkled in there, including Yale, Yeah, and two championships, we failed to make an eighth straight ALCS, So you are right, we did not get that far this season, but hey, we'll see in the World Series this year, right, Yeah, you know what. And last thing on the Dodgers. If they keep winning, I think I'll just stop watching baseball because they basically just bought a championship like every year, and that's ridiculous.
Speaker 3: I mean, would you rather the Dodgers buy their way to one or the Yankees torpedo their way to one?
Speaker 1: I would rather the Astros cheat their Let's move on. So we have an email from Steven Phillips titled something called Finale. I remember this email that is a reference to when on Talkfield that they did Perry the Perry White episode, the first one, and they're talking about how often Perry White shows up in the show, and Ryan it's like, hey, looks like he's in the three episodes, and one of them is something called finale. Awesome, and I remember in our in our circles, you know, on our side chats, we all had a good laugh, right, and then like a surge of anger as something called finale something. It's like, that's the series finale, bro, something called finale. Like just the lack of just any sort of research or effort is kind of infuriating sometimes watching dogfel So something called finale became like that. That has been a quotable for multiple people out there between me and them. You know who you are, So something called finale Zach and friends. Wow, what a journey this podcast has been. I started in twenty eighteen, and I feel like we all blinked in. Twenty twenty four is inding and you're wrapping up your smabble rewatch. This has been such a great ride. I've told you before, but I just want to say again the amount of thought and effort you put in the show is definitely noted and appreciated. This is clearly a focus for you, not a side hustle you used to push something like a band, a fart book, or dog mouthwash, not that anyone would ever do that. These are just any examples. I'm picking up what you're putting down, Steve. As I been along for y'all's journey, I've been on my own, wrapped up in my Air Force career out. Thank you for your service, sir. We'retired and moved to Hawaii.
Speaker 3: Good for you, Good for you.
Speaker 1: Yes, this has been a great way to hang out with my fellow Texans. Every week. It's great here, but I still miss text mechs and the buzz I. Guess I shouldn't have said that last part. In case of shape shifting Menior freaking us to find out my favorite radio station. That's a quote, what's my favorite radio station? Well, don this is this is a good email. This is my favorite email. Stephen tak it anyways for small talking with Zack. I'll keep it over twenty seconds. This is littered with talk little references. What's next after the season wrap up? Maybe each week you Lance can watch Joker Choker lay Ado over and over again. Kidding Lance, justing. Have y'all ever seen her of the possible Brennan Fraser Superman. I saw a test photo and he looks great. That's actually I believe that was AI. I don't think that was a real test photo of him, but he would have been a fun Superman in the late nineties, early two thousands and in three point five roses. Because this is even better than the pilot, y'all take care of Steve. Thank you, Steve. That was awesome, love the love the subtle digs at Dogville. I've been on the show, so I'm a little biased. And I I speak publicly about them quite diplomatically, but again I'm picking up your yef. So thank you very much, Steve, and and Hey again, thank you for your service in the Air Force. I'm glad you're enjoying your retirement in Hawaii for sure.
Speaker 3: For sure.
Speaker 1: And oh there's more to come after the show where there's books, there's comics with a kind of a fun other project we're working on, so after the series finale, and we're gonna take a little bit of a break because I think I deserve it. Yes, yes, but there is always home to the small the rule return.
Speaker 3: Next, we have an email from Corey Moore, the Legend himself, titled Season ten Lazarus through isis Hey, super Zach Moore shout out to stronger than a Locomotive, Nick and the real Legend they realizend always hold on to freaking Smallville. Season ten it's here. I must say. It's bittersweet, and I'm not quite sure how to handle all these feelings I have, So I'll do what most men do and bottle them up, ignore them and talk about sports and horror. It's not wrong. Everyone Give it up to eighty four for repeating as champions in our fantasy baseball league. He beat none other than me, damn it, for a second straight year in the championship game. That means he's a repeat champion and probably should be kicked out of our league for being too good. Winning fantasy baseball has lottery odds attached to it, and he's done it twice. WTF. I've pretty much decided he's my lex luthor or I am I his lex luthor. Think about it to this date, to date this email, I should say, Halloween was yesterday, Sorry, Zachs. I have a tradition where after we go trick or treating with the kids, I read the Batman story, the Killing Joke, then watch a horror. This year's movie was Freddy Versus Jason. I quickly picked up This movie was filmed in many of the same small locations and they used a lot of the small litte guests, the stars and extras. They were at Marvel High School, Crater Lake, and maybe the street where the talent was located. I counted at least ten Smallville peeps in this extremely bad but awesome horror flick. To name a few actors to grace this movie, the girl from Slumber, the swimming boy, the swimmer boy from Reed Ducks, the tech guy from Delete, and he was the toy man, the dirtbag dad who shot his own son and blamed it on his other son in the Blanket. Yeah, and my favorite was eventually Lily, who was a background extra in the high School. Oh my gosh, why wasn't she cast it in the main character.
Speaker 1: Could eventually Lily as Lana or Chlolia Lewis. Yeah, they just had her wandering around in the background.
Speaker 3: It's been fun listening to your season ten reviews. Lazarus planted the seeds for some good upcoming stories. I really liked the lab of Clone Lexus and the ending scene where Clark talks with ghost Dad at the fence. Over the past five years, I've been putting in a similar fencing at my property and think of that scene often and smile. This past summer, I had my thirtieth year high school reunion. During this event, I could all I could talk about was the homecoming episode of Smallville. When was my brainiac gonna freeze time and give me a glimpse of my future? Sadly, no time was frozen. Keep on keeping on and thanks for all your great content up, up and away more Halloween candy.
Speaker 1: It was good, Corey. That's good. Thank you. Thank you very much Corey for that. And you know, I haven't seen Freddy Ridge Jason. As far as horror movies go, Halloween Franchise and Scream Franchise is kind of my thing. Not so much further thirteenth and broun Home Street, but all the mumble peeps. I gotta check it out, y'all. I got to check it out. But thanks.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Great, and always you know, always lift his fun sign of its more Halloween candy.
Speaker 2: All right, we have another email from Joshua EM's titled isis and Harvest?
Speaker 1: I can't say that on the podcasting.
Speaker 3: Is and Harvest? Hey, zach Nick and Lance, Yeah.
Speaker 1: Totally random order. We did not plant. Yeah, we did. Time it out. You're just reading the next one out. That's great. I love it.
Speaker 2: Just listen to your coverage of is It Harvest? I actually really enjoyed these episodes. Not the best, but good episodes. I did want to point out that when Lois was leaving the Daily Plan haded Isis, she mentioned that there was a theme for the event, hence the costume It's still pretty crazy how they just seem to want to juss her up for anything. I really liked the scene with Clark and Lewis talking about the past, I eat the spaceship, et cetera. Just a fun back and forth there. I liked that Clark had to do a lot without powers at Harvest. It's a fun concept. It reminded me a lot of the village and also a short story we had to read in high school where they had a early lottery and the winner was sacrifice. Oh hey, congrats to the world champion astro Oops I spelled misspelled Dodgers.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, all right, I mean you get it. You you you look we won in twenty seventeen and people finding it questionable. Yeah, you won in twenty twenty and people find it questionable for different reasons. And then we both went after that. So I see it as being even congrats to you. I'm glad you be the Yankees. Come I be christ and Eddie.
Speaker 3: He continues, Well that's it for now. Back to a miracle in Bethlehem, Pennsylvania, starring Laura vander Vort.
Speaker 1: How do you not that's because you haven't gotten the season seven yet.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no, I haven't got ye.
Speaker 1: Yes, Laura Vaner put some respect on.
Speaker 3: Her nete miracle in uh in Bethlehem, PA is a good one.
Speaker 1: It's all a Christmas movie, I sue.
Speaker 7: Ye.
Speaker 3: Okay, Happy Holidays from Josh sent from my iPhone.
Speaker 1: Why did I not the least that Josh sent for my iPhone?
Speaker 4: So we know?
Speaker 3: Oh, PS, almost forgot.
Speaker 2: Took my son camping a while back and he was wearing the Daily Planet shirt that came with the DVD box set of Season ten. Thanks again. Here's some pictures of him having fun of it. He was so proud that he spotted a rattlesnake, so I included a picture.
Speaker 3: Of it as well.
Speaker 1: Well, thanks Josh. I you know I usually share pictures, but since it's of your son, I don't think I'm gonna share pictures people's children on the but I got the pictures great. I'm glad he's wearing that shirt.
Speaker 3: And that's probably why I said for my op.
Speaker 1: Because the PS the PS alright. So I have another email from Corey Moore telling Ambush Zach Lance Ryan a symbol. It's been fun listening to your season ten reviews. In the Ambush episode I like the general's chores list he gave Clark. I'll do the same thing with my daughter started bringing home potential partners. Smiley face. I can't wait for a quote more unquote of your season ten coverage, but I'll so slow down. I don't want season ten reviews to end. If you know what I'm talking about. If you know what I'm talking about, maybe go Seahawks.
Speaker 3: Thanks for Gino, but thanks for Gino, Bro, I appreciate.
Speaker 1: That up up in a way. More chores, I mean, Corey is great with the puns in the wordplay. I mean having a last name that igen adjective.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 1: Remember when I ran for band president vote more yeah in two thousand and four, I missed my chat. I should have run for something last year twenty twenty four, should have run for president. I mean I should have a qualified candidate. I get thirty four. Anything that ends in a fourcep fourteen. He can't do that, so, but anything the rhyming yeah, right, thirty four forty four more fantastic. That's good stuff. Anyway. If I remember public office, you have to do it on a year that does the A four yeah, Like let's do the math on yeah.
Speaker 3: You're gonna run it, just like the episode where he runs.
Speaker 1: For That's why I ran for it.
Speaker 3: You know this, I know, but you're new. Are you gonna do the exact same thing? If you run for office?
Speaker 1: Lose? I stand for truth, justice and other stuff. Thank you, Corey.
Speaker 3: All right. Next, we have a five star Apple podcast review from Ned James two three nine titled is This is So Fun? I didn't know about this until Talkville started, and this is essentially my first podcast. I love all the insight and the extensive knowledge of Superman and how and the show in total. I love to nerd out and learn something every episode. I started from the beginning and caught up in season nine, so I started watching along and look forward to the episode every week. It's tough that I don't get to binge at every day now it's just once a week. All the guests on are great, but Lance is my favorite. Hey, yay, shout out, appreciate it.
Speaker 1: I know everything seems very organized and planning around here, but this is not premeditated. That is pure chance. That's great.
Speaker 3: The tan did you go on? Are the best? I could go on and on. Love it, and I've branched out into the other pods.
Speaker 1: Well, thank you, thank your pod, no doubt. Yeah, your his favorite guest.
Speaker 3: That'd be great. I appreciate it.
Speaker 1: No, thanks Ned, And you found me through talk Fille. That's great. See that's the thing.
Speaker 3: So what happens when you're on We had time two.
Speaker 1: Times, much like the Astros.
Speaker 3: I'm a two times champion.
Speaker 1: Now hopefully will be a third time and the Astros will also be a third time at some point. No, that's great about being on talk Obviously, it's awesome that I got to be on there with Tom and Michael multiple times and hopefully more before it's all said and done. But a lot of people like we went to the small Little Salute, the Small Division. Yes, a lot of people recognizing me from there and found this podcast of that podcast. That's what it's all about. So anyway, great stuff, So thanks Ned, Thanks for thanks for finding the show. And didn't like you because you could have found any like oh this guy son right.
Speaker 3: We don't hear emails.
Speaker 1: No, I would read them, though, I I we don't get enough negative Apple. Remember we got a bunch of like Apple. I used to not iTunes anymore, but yeah, iTunes reviews. I love those one stars like we're so good anyway.
Speaker 2: All right, we got an email from Richard Tomlin in Writer Strikes Hate. Hello, Zach Lance and Nick, greeting from East Texas again. I'm writing this time to ran about the writer's strike that happened during season seven of Smallville and probably the current one as well. Besides your podcasts and Talkville, last year, I discovered another Smallville rewatch podcasts. It is in a different lane from yours. It is more of a science Theater three thousand approach than a standard watch along. My joy from that show is one of the two hosts have not seen the show, and it's fun for me to hear someone experienced the show for the first time. They're on season seven and just last week as of this email reached Veritas hearing season seven episode breakdowns week to week versus binge watching it or hearing it through binging coverage. Really kind of it reveals the devastation of the writer's strike at that time. I'm not mad at the writers for striking, but more at executives in Decis Vision makers for that one. The same strikes what derailed heroes in Quantum of Solace Shout Always Hold on to heroes starting twenty twenty five right as someone with a creative As someone with a creative writer's brain, it has always boggled my mind that the higher ups in the creative industry don't see the value of writers and of all the other positions or gears that make the whole machine run. I hope the strike this year can Slash will shed more light on the importance of the creative jobs that everyone doesn't really notice until they are not doing it. I have adhd bear with me. Revisiting the season seven episodes at a slower pace revealed to me how they had to cut all their ideas short and start with new Verita's art and ended fast, which is why Blue cuts the story of Kara and her dad's involvement so short. I feel like they could have or would have had him in Bizarro and Brainiac remain in a formidable, big bad team versus Clark and Cara. Instead, they had to end it and move on, in my opinion, really cutting the potential of Supergirl's role in the only season she was considered a main cast member. We all have beat the Veritas Windows story to death, but I definitely think the Brainiac messed up. The timeline theory helped soothe my soul and be at least somewhat okay with it now that some time has passed. Would love to hear y'all's thoughts now that we are older and after the rewatch and another big strike has occurred.
Speaker 1: Rocky from Texas, Yeah, what did you think of Season seven? Nick?
Speaker 3: Season seven was as good as season eight and season nine.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, you're not going to understand all those references, but yeah, the window was amazing. And I think a lot of US fans independently came up with the theory that when Doomsday shows up in season eight, it's because Brainiac time traveled and put him on the chip and it's a munch a fa and stuff, but it works. But yeah, I mean I think, you know, Lance, Uh, we've talked about it on the podcast over the years, and I think seven is stronger than six. So I think because because seven, like all the Justice leaguers are gone now and you kind of get back to basics with like like the Luthers and all that stuff, and it's egregious continuity reconds. Don't get me wrong, Yes, but there's some great there's some may plus stuff in there, so the writers strike really did. Yeah. So and then, uh, you know, people blame the writers strike for rooting Heroes, but the you know, season two wasn't as good as season one, but season two was pretty good, especially last stretch episodes. And then they they decided to like throw all their plans out and do something radically different, and that was more of the problem. Yeah, with season three off hero So yeah, no, I totally agree. I mean, everything starts with writing. It doesn't matter like how good your h special effects are or your locations or how pretty your actors are. And you know, obviously you know actors have to translate the writing to the screen. But like if you don't have a good foundation in writing, like you don't care about the characters of the story, the stakes and nothing matters. So that that is the foundation for any of this fiction. And uh that's the most part component it might be all right, We have an email from Corey Moore swuer Maanelois TV ending episode. Zach and Sarah, thank you, Sarah that I've learned what that song was uh fewyears ago. Zach and Sarah, thank you so much for reviewing all four seasons of the Fresh News. Let's go of Superman and Lois on the seed W Before I begin, shout out to Lance, Hey and keV. Sorry Nick, but shout out to keV. We love you, keV. Yes, beasts cooler than the other side of the Hello, man, I gotta meet all of y'all some day. I can't tell you how much I've enjoyed your episode reviews to Superman and Lois. Please tell Sarah that her effort has not gone underappreciated. Every episode of youtwo has been a bullseye. Hey, my favorite part of your podcast was Sarah and her f bombs. I admire Zach for finding on those bombs and bleeping them out. Ha ha. I plan on watching the complete series of Als with my dog, and I'll also tell them about your podcast. They will probably listen to the pod eventually. That's right. It's a family show. Family show around here. You want to heard me curse? Go to the Patreon you get a pay Yeah. Now onto the last episode titled it Went By So Fast. First off, I'm about as madly as they come. You know, stuff like working in a full time ups job, farm chores track to me and it's barn up keep dealing with aggressive roosters, noisy ducks, annoying goats, huge horse, piles of beep, a wife and two daughters who were terrifying and splinting last amounts of wood with an axe. Lol. A real life clark Kin here, Corey. But the end of this episode had me crying like a child. Maybe it's because I'm a middle aged man. Maybe at times I realized how fast the kids grew up too. Maybe I don't want this version of Superman and Lewis out of my life. I was a wreck after this episode. I watched this episode before bed, and honestly, I had a difficult time sleeping. They sit me hard and it will be a while until I watched the ending of this episode again. If ever, I lost it when the front door opened up and Lois was standing in that red dress. Wow, just like you, Zach. My wife is my littlest Lane And to quote you're a good friend Tom Willing from Smallville. They can't live in a world or she doesn't love me. Thanks for the podcast, Sack and Sarah up up by the way more Sarah and Zach. There you go. Well, thank you, Corey. Listening to always on to Sumano Lowlis, which yeah, I mean, I mean Always on a Smallville probably been wrapped up sooner. It wasn't for Sumannol. It's the show, and that was covering those episodes of that podcast. But it was a really unique experience and I'm really glad we did it, and it's been really great perception for everybody. So a different a definitely a different angle than we take on the other podcast. Uh, just having Sarah being the co host there obviously in her different perspective, and also just being you know, live, you know, with the show coming out, like everything else we do is retrospective, and that was like, hey, let's like what other when else do you get the kind of opportunity to do that? So there you go. I'm glad we did it, So thank you, Corey. Great emails always.
Speaker 3: Next, we have an email from Allison Sculthorpe. Uh, just finished season nine? Is the title? Hi, Zach and Brand that's us. Hey, it's Alison from Ontario, Canada again. Shout out first happy belated American Thanksgiving. What do you guys think about week Canadians having Thanksgiving in early October?
Speaker 1: That's weird?
Speaker 3: Personally, I love it. Leaves are just starting to turn on the trees. It's harvest time with great local fall faares, and it's not too close to Christmas. Feel free to try and sell me on your version.
Speaker 1: I mean it's hard to beat that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah. I also wanted to thank you for including the James Bai song in your last Mailbag episode because I commented on it. I got such a kick out of that. Anyway, I just finished watching season nine A Smallville and listen to your season nine podcast episodes. I generally like season nine. I really like Callum blues portrayloz Odd I did too, He's the finest od on this planet. However, I didn't love the Clark Lowis stuff as much as you did. I'm just finding the are they aren't they a couple? And Lois still not knowing Clarks rather tiresome.
Speaker 1: But it's not a lot of it's Lois Nick.
Speaker 3: I know.
Speaker 2: I'm still surprised Lois hasn't figured out yet, but from your spoilers, ha ha, I guess that changes in season ten.
Speaker 3: I'm curious to find out.
Speaker 1: Sorry, even spoiling the show for you, Alison.
Speaker 3: I think right now the highest from highest to Lois here's how i'd rank the seasons three, four, five, one, two, nine, seven, eight and six A bit different than you, Zach. Still, it's been awesome listening to your podcast. I continue to really enjoy your lively discussions with your guest and the fun you have with the more absurd moments. I'm a bit sad that it's almost over. Any hints as on what you might do after always hold on to Smallville is over. I'll end by saying Mary Christmas to Zach and company, and I look forward to diving into season ten. Allison' sculthorpe, Well.
Speaker 1: Thanks Alison. First off, three, four, five, one, two, nine, seven, eight six. So three yeah, good, Four, way too high, five I would I used to put it up there, but it's kind of slipped down a little bit. One very good, season two as well. Nine one of my favorites, as you know, seven, eight, six, And then, like I was saying about seven, I think seven is better than its reputation. Eight might be a little low, but I understand. And then six, I think six is the worst season. So when did you stop watching Smallville?
Speaker 3: I think three?
Speaker 1: Are you kidding?
Speaker 4: You?
Speaker 1: Just not watched the season?
Speaker 4: Four?
Speaker 1: I was a high school in season four.
Speaker 3: Okay, then it was four. I stopped watching after you guys graduate.
Speaker 1: Well, as you I've been aware of. I'm the same age as Clark Kent was, yes when he.
Speaker 3: I don't know if you knew that. Yeah, also ran for band president because.
Speaker 1: And my senior was much different than the first three years because my friends were gone, oh yeah, no offense to you obviously. Yeah, it's not the same, you understand.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I understanderstand I was, but it was okay with it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was weird because I was actually more friends with the seniors my freshman year too.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that was kind of weird.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we were cool as hell.
Speaker 1: Well, you know who my lex is, right, I can't see it here, but you know who it is, right, Maybe you maybe guess this is gonna be cut, but like, okay, we just confirmed off microphone that Nick didn't know who the uh so Allison uh always on the smuvel will be in a new phase obviously because we're out of episodes, right. But there's comic books, there's novels. It's let me tell you, it's very different cover novels than TV shows and movies and whatnot. There's also you know, movies of the cast has been and there's lots of angles we can take.
Speaker 3: And don't forget every episode of Talk Phil, Yeah, I rewatch it. Talk Vil always hold on top of it.
Speaker 1: You know, do you think people would enjoy that?
Speaker 3: So we're gonna listen to the main actors talk about a show that they were on and not know what they're talking about.
Speaker 1: You know what, because by the time I do that talk, that will be over. Yeah, so what you know one of my chances being back on Oh man, that's that seems so mean spirit. Yeah, anyway, I always on the Talk fil coming up? Uh No, we got plans. Yeah, So don't worry. We're gonna keep podcasting even though we're out of small episodes. Unfortunately, I don't think we'll have small on the animated series to talk about it as we're talking about Off the Top thousand, but we are going to continue to podcast. So thank you for that email.
Speaker 2: All right, we have an email from DJ Duenna two hundredth homecoming.
Speaker 5: Hi.
Speaker 2: I'm going to catch flack on this, but I don't overly like this type of episode. It's like when Zach complains about leaping tall buildings in a single bound for me this whole episode is this the helicopter on the roof? Get it, get it, It's supermandom movie. I also get that people in Smallville should be jaded by now about supernatural events by now, but Clark having all eyes on him as the Homecoming King and disappearing in the blink of an eye and no one cares. Also, was bug Boy really a good choice for this moment? Amy Adams would have been brilliant or bring back the guy from Reaper who magically survived just slight bug Boy did, but at least Reaper Guy understood what Clark was telling him. And then for the future part where Lois does not talk to her husband but to a guy whom she tells about her husband. The only thing that worked for me in this episode are the next Generation kids and the ending with Clark and Oliver and Clark and Lois. Everything else was either nonsensical pandering or both. Carston DJ Dewenna.
Speaker 1: Okay, you know what, I understand where you're coming from. I can see that point of view. I love Homecoming. I think a lot of those English rainths. I kind of saw it as more of a celebration right of what had come before. What are your thoughts on that linees, because we we podcast about home when you gotta be love that episode your favorite episode of the show.
Speaker 3: So I think I think a lot of those things are strengths as you do. I think it works.
Speaker 1: His facts are correct, No, how it felt.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's it's interesting. I haven't heard that perspective before. It's interesting. I don't think pandering is the way I think we use that. I think we missed the used that word too much when we talk about these types of things in general, because things are for some are things are for and intended for people, right and so, and for audiences and so. Yeah, so I don't I don't think it was I don't think it was pandering either. I think it was just I mean, some things that can be nonsensical. Yeah, I can agree with that. I mean it is Smallville after all, So I get what you're saying. I just I disagree with the tone of it all.
Speaker 1: I respect that alternate openion. That's that is not a very common but you're not can find a lot of people who have that to say with the two hundredth episode. But yeah, but every episode hits people differently. You never know right, that's what's great about it, right, art is subjective, It is all right. So we have a five star Apple podcast review from d C jc Ay three oh nine. It says great, detailed of each episode, Zach knows his Smallville love it hey to the point five stars. I'll take it, Thank you, d C.
Speaker 3: Who's in d C?
Speaker 1: Who's in d C? Who's in d C? That is a quote from Law and Order, specially to judit. That is Stabler's replacement. He is currently married to the first mother of Supergirl on CBS before she was recast with the Great Durants. That actress that is his wife. Is she cheating on him? They never really answered the question. She keeps going to d C. Who's in d C? That is why for Lance and I say, who's in d C?
Speaker 6: Why do we.
Speaker 3: Attach why who's in DC? Who's in d C?
Speaker 2: So so, guys, that was really weird to see in person, not knowing understanding, but I just explained to you, yeah, but now understanding it was like, oh, yeah.
Speaker 1: Now you're in on the joke. Now you can see it as us ask us who's in d C.
Speaker 3: Who's in d C.
Speaker 1: She was also the mother in the NBC Live Sound of Music. Yes, oh my god, not the not She wasn't Maria. She was the guy that Christopher Plumber was gonna marry. Yes, that carrier Colonel Vaughan drapped was like is that?
Speaker 3: We were like, who's in d C? I'm moving.
Speaker 1: To d C?
Speaker 4: What this has nothing to do with you? And whatever happened with that woman?
Speaker 1: And nothing happened.
Speaker 4: It doesn't matter, It doesn't matter. Okay, I'm I'm tired of waiting around for you to make time for us. So why don't we just take a little break?
Speaker 3: Ye, who's in DC?
Speaker 4: Okay? I just took a communications post with the panafon.
Speaker 3: All right. Next we have an email from mister the Corey Moore. The legend email title is a legend? No, I'm kidding, Luthor, what up? Always? Crewe shout out to our newest fantasy football champion, the Jump City Titans. Acting like Earth two Nal. He got out his belt and whooped his way through the That's good each round, shouting I am the most fit, I will be the survivor. Our fantasy sports league have been a lot of fun. I am hoping to find a legion ring to time travel and find out what year I'll win a season. So far, I'm bad at zero. Luthor has been one of my favorite episodes, and I'm glad you and Roka love to do. Shout out to Roca. I really enjoyed the color contrast between the two worlds. Definitely an A plus episode. John Glover's performance is one to marvel at. He is just a beast. Dude's a beast. I'm speechless at his body of work on Smallville. It's incredible to think in the beginning he was just gonna have a small role. Recently, my wife asked me if I could get one photo with any cast member, who would it be. She thought I'd say Lana or Lois. She was shocked to hear when I said Glover. Hands down, Glover. He brought so much a Smallville. By far the most talented actor on the show. Well him and Bo Duke.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: JK is for just kidding or something either.
Speaker 3: I'm sure Jonathan gent whish is he was kidding about some things that he said in the recent past.
Speaker 1: I don't know what you're talking about.
Speaker 3: I'm sure you don't. Zach listeners gonna do when you finish small your small, little journey. Your episodes are averaging two hours. I want three hour episodes from now on. You don't have very many to go make them long, up, up, and away more.
Speaker 1: Mamby and Tamby, Mamby and tam I believe Mamby and Bambi are the the girls are with Ultra Man. Yeah, and that's he's referenced with the Luther episode Mamby and Bambi. Yeah. No, everybody's asking me. We're getting near the end of thebody's asking what we're doing when the small Journey's over. We're gonna take a break. We got some fun again, novels, comic books, other projects to talk about. But they always wanted small will continue, not the way it is right, because we're entering a new one. Journey will end, a new journey will have to begin. So that's what I learned from Smallville. But no, I'm glad. Everybody's asking them means they want they want to hear more. Right, Oh, that's the that's the you want to hear more.
Speaker 3: Oh, I like that nice spin off, pat in it.
Speaker 1: I gotta mail that to myself.
Speaker 3: All right. We got an.
Speaker 2: Email here from Adam Little and what people don't know this email is actually sent on my birthday, so it's not planned.
Speaker 3: But that's kind of crazy. It was sent on my birthday, seventeenth.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I didn't know that was your birthday. Nay, happy birthday. Thank you.
Speaker 2: The emails titled sorry for being late to the party. Thoughts on the problem dance Isaac Saw. I'm really late to the party, but I only recently found your podcast about a month ago. I've been a huge fan of Smallville since the beginning, watching him here in the UK on E four on When a Monday, starting with the doubleheader?
Speaker 1: First, how did you make it? Wednesday? With Monday? Okay, the m a lot of look, I edited a lot of stuff for us to I guess we all make these mistakes.
Speaker 4: Amazing.
Speaker 1: That just an incredible misread, like how did you.
Speaker 3: I was like a weird was it a weird flow state? And somehow I said Wednesday?
Speaker 1: Hey, but it's good to know the small mils aeria in the UK.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's awesome, and I think E four I was thinking about G four tech TV.
Speaker 6: That's what.
Speaker 2: Yeah continues on I have always had an affinity for the Superman film, starting with running around in a Superman effort when I was a toddler to seeing the Superman the movie on TV and being taken to see Superman three at the cinema when I was five. Christopher Reeve will always be my number one Superman, but Tom became my favorite Clark with this portrayal in Smallville. Being that bit older, I was similar aged to Tom when the series came out. The show in the early years I think captured the feeling of teenage insecurity, anxiety, and fish out of water that all teenagers feel at some point in their lives and place it within the superhero backdrop. I really enjoy listening to your podcast with your guest co hosts kind of me and yours, and there's personal insights into a fresh.
Speaker 1: Takey that is me.
Speaker 2: I more often than not agree with your opinions and perspectives. The reason for this email, though, was that I just have finished listening to season four, and while I agree with you, it's one of the two weeks seasons. I just thought that I would send you my thoughts on the episode Spirit the problem episode where you and Tyler talked about Lana didn't earn the dance with Clark as she had been with Jason, etc. However, I slightly disagree. She leaves to go to Paris to get away from Clark and starts her relationship with Jason totally. It's agree it's inappropriate when he becomes a teacher, but she has a track record for liking older boys. Whitney is four years older and Jason is only a year old year or so older. She's trying to forget Clark, and Jason is the rebound. She's also trying to find her place in the world, feeling alone and battling with becoming an adult. This is why I think she reacts the way that she does when she thinks Clark is the one that got Jason fired, but quickly apologizes when she finds out it's Lex and tries once again to involve Clark by showing him the tattoo.
Speaker 1: I honestly don't remember her finding out Lex Scott Jason fired. I just remember that shot of like, why would you the last shot of that episode where Clark's like, why would you get him fired? And Lex is like.
Speaker 2: I think it is also why she reacts so badly when she sees Clark with Alicia, not just because she tried to kill her, but also Clark is with her, seemingly moving on himself. She also she also knows that Clark shared with Alicia in the past and didn't.
Speaker 3: Want her with her.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, see, she also knows that Clark shared with Alicia in the past and did it with her. When the previous episode of Sacred you see Lana begin to question her relationship with Jason, and when she is on the plane to China, you see when she is talking to Clark the beginning of her think she has made a mistake and she still has feelings for Clark. In the next episode, she doesn't trust Jason and steals the crystal herself and that is the end of their relationship. Then in the Spirit episode, when she hears then while she was inhabited by Dawn and ask Clark to the prom you see a flash on her face of this what she wanted to go with Clark anyway. Anyway, this is just my thoughts on that which I'm happy to be disgusted or dismiss Sorry once again for the late email, but I hope to catch up with the rest of the podcast quickly and will send you more of my thoughts if that's okay. Kind regards Adam.
Speaker 1: Well, thank you, Adam for all that thought you put into spirit. I haven't really watched that episode since I did the podcast because I never liked it very much. May be angry as someone who is shipping Clark and c in those days. Yes, and then Havelana who has a boyfriend, show up to dance with Clark at the prom, and then we have to cut the Chloe lows like it's okay, Chloe, he doesn't deserve you anyway, I'm gonna marry him. Like, think about that, Yeah, think about the optics of that. Interesting. You know, I'll rewatch some season four one day and try to have a better understanding of maybe all the character motivations. And the thing was, like with Jason ro they just fast forward his character to like being a villain and then like I don't even remember him and Lana even broke up. They just like they just stopped dating and Jason went off finding crystals and that was and that was it. But yeah, I don't know, I just remember being not liking that episode, Like I understand, well, of course we had to build towards Clark and Luna the dance together. I'm like, look, look, I know I'm a Clark and Chloe shipper from back then. But season one did all so much better with with them two going together to the dance. Anyway, there you go, they went to prom together. Good for you, Clark Alina, but guess what they didn't? So all right, we have an email from Mike Franz titled Patron Mike Franz, thank you for always holding on to small, litle dear Zach and super ooh co hosts Oh, we're super thanks for asking. I wanted to write and say thank you all for the hard work you've been into this.
Speaker 3: Somebody out there got you, Yeah, I got it.
Speaker 1: I wanted to write and say thank you for all the words where you put into the podcast. I've been a fan since your coverage of season one, episode nine, Rogue back in twenty sixteen.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 1: I fell behind with the season by season recap at the end of season nine, but have just recently listened to your coverage of season ten, episode seven Ambush. I appreciate your personal anecdote of how you experienced some major life changes during your time recording and producing the podcast, particularly your experience of starting the podcast as a single person and finding and marrying your own lostling. Congratulations, I too began listening to the podcast as a single person in twenty sixteen, and now I'm also married. It is funny to me how your podcast run has become its own run, where we can now mark our personal histories by which season of Smavel you recovering. I like that. That's nice. That's a nice nice But I don't really thought about it that way. In addition to whin Smovell was airing, I'm old enough to fill nostalgic about the days when it was possible to miss TV episodes and not have a streaming service to find them. Very true. Thanks again for all your hard work and the contributions of your guest host. Yeah, these days I listened to the podcast and walking my dog. I heard you were fond of dogs, so I'm shamelessly attaching a picture of her to this email for your enjoyment. Her name is Zara, my wife and I rescue heard from a local shelter like Shelby for Clark. She's brought so much joy to our lives. Thanks again, always holding on too Smallvell. Thank you, sincerely, Mike Franz. It's beautiful dog, Zar. I will include that picture in the social media. I do love dogs some of big dog fans, so I love it when Shelby showed out. I almost named my dog Shelby. What I got around this time. I actually named for Shasta at the time because I just graduated from you. Of Asia, Shasta was on the Shasta was the winner, but Shelby was on the shortlist. Thank chroles. Onward, they just sort to think about how like we think about, oh, yeah, this was happening in our lives when this season is small will happened? And this is happening in our lives when this season the podcast happened. I hadn't really thought about those terms as farm, but I guess you know, you go this long.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so what happens?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 1: It is? So thanks Mike, I appreciate it. Thank you for a patronage.
Speaker 3: All right, all right, Next we have an email from Menagowan. Oh yeah, gun, I hope I said that right. And this is an email as titled questions, Hey Zach, just listen to your Fortune podcast. I really enjoyed the episode a whole lot more than the two of you.
Speaker 1: Sorry.
Speaker 3: Sure it was very frivolous, but there was a lemur in the great Lewis and Oliver interaction and Oliver addressed as a showgirl. If you ask me what this has to do with Superman, well his name is Clark Ken and he did use some powers. I guess I did want to ask one question and note something. Well, you have Matt Lathamon before you wrap up. I enjoyed his past interactions and was noticing he hadn't been on for season ten yet, also missed a shirtless Oliver account when his show girl outfit got messed up. You don't have to post this on Twitter like you did the last time, but as a female fan, I had to do my part. Looking forward to your serious finale coverage. Can't wait to see how you differentiate it from the others. Enjoy your weekend. Thanks, amen, it is.
Speaker 1: Gonna be a little different. Stay tuned for a serious finale coverage. But yes, actually I believe am. And you pointed out that I forgot h Luther in the episode. Hilarious. I think maybe more than one person did, but I know you did. Maybe that post on social media, maybe that'shey you talk about it. I'm sorry you don't worka off on my head. And yes, guess what Matt Latham is up on the next episode. He's gonna be in. Can't He's our guest for cancer. Couldn't finish, could not finish the podcast without having Matt on. So many mats on this is a lot of mass but Latham, He's been there since season one. Great guests. I really enjoyed talking to him about Small Villa. Everybody brings their own kind of angle when they talk about the show, and he brings some great energy himself. And yes, uh if he's one of your favorite guests, he will be on season ten. The next episode we cover Kent, So stay tuned. I know you will, So thank you.
Speaker 2: All right, we have another email from Adam Little compliments on review of Crisis of Infinite Earths. Hi, Zach, just wanted to drop a quick email on your four part review of the five part Crisis on of Infinity.
Speaker 1: Fail right there, so good.
Speaker 3: Like my previous email, I am still trying to catch up and I've just got to this part. I think that you.
Speaker 2: Lance, Lauren and Matt's on part three were spot on with their commentary. Part two was by far the best episode, but with the month gaff between the broadcast of parts one through three, and then four and five really affected the final two partner I forgot that. It really did make me laugh as you discussed the final episodes, as it was a complete letdown, especially part four.
Speaker 3: The three of you are just so funny together. Kind regards Adam.
Speaker 1: Well, thanks, Adam. That was a special time in the podcast. I mean, yeah, we had a good time covering the crisis like that was. I mean we stayed we watched that live, stayed up late recording and I posted like the next day because that was that was an event, like that was everything was leading towards that. I mean, there was a return of Tom and Erica, and we thought Michael, but he didn't come back. And then yeah, that that they took a month or whatever off and then come back and like dump the two episodes the same night. It just wasn't It was not the same. So but though we were talking about, like you know, marking certain times in your life in the podcast, So that's that was a special time of the podcast as well, because we knew we needed to seize the moment there and we did, and it was fun to hear us speculate about what was gonna happen.
Speaker 3: Yes and none of it happening.
Speaker 1: So but thanks, thanks Adam, and another email for Madam Adam what really? Uh yeah, Corey Moore, you gotta run.
Speaker 6: No.
Speaker 1: I appreciate the correspondence at him. So so your next team in here says just some thoughts on Smallville Following a rewatch, Hi Zach, Having inspired by listening to the podcast, I binge watched the entire series in a few weeks. At this point, I'm up to episode ninety eight of your podcast, Season five, episode ten fanatic. I haven't rewatched smovel in a few years, and doing so now being older and binge watching it instead of once a week. I think I changed to my views on the show, which I always loved and still do. Before the rewatch, I really disliked season four with the Witches and the Tigus, seasons five, six, and seven and into seven with Lex and Lana plotline, plus Veritas retcon, and then season eight and a lot of return rewatching it now, I still disliked the Witches of the Tea, but having listened to your podcast, I understand now the issues they had during production. Firstly, Christa Reeve dying they might kidder, refusing to do another appearance, so I can understand more now the plot points than they had to try and fix. However, I understand the clerk Lex and Lana Paul line of five and six. I actually surprise myself and like now now recognizing how manivative Lex is planning seas of doubt and a lot of his mind really exploiting her need to be with someone who loves quote unquote trusts her and not lea her, though I don't think she understands what love is. After reckoning, she goes to Lex and leans on him because Lex has been there for her and all this time he has been manipulating her so much like season four where she has run off to get over Clark and latches onto Jason, she does the same thing with Lex. As toxic as this relationship is, and how one couldn't see this pairing ever being a thing. That's why I think they get together. However, she does realize her mistake in early season six. Season seven really suffered from the Rider's strike. The ret comm with veritaz Ark is really terrible. I mean, suddenly the window changes. It would have been easier to put the symbol hidden on the fireplace or even a smaller v in the Crest than that huge one, huge plot holes throughout the season, and Laura Vanderer being woefully underused. They just didn't know what to do with her. It also shows why Clark and Lana can't be together as together they actually don't work, even though they do love each other, but Lana not being in the season fully means they didn't explore enough. My thoughts Alana's returning season eight are actually don't mind the overall arc. I feel as though it would have been better placed than season seven with some tweaks, and if Kristen had been fully available for the season, then it would have been a better way to send her off. I hate seeing this is. I love Michael Rosenbaum, but I think Lex had run his course by that stage, and as it was the same villain every week, so it was in a good way, so it was in a way good he left, but then he came back for the final episode to render their fight. Season eight I've come to really dislike as a whole. I hated the red kind of Davis living at the mansion, Clark fighting Doomsday before he was Superman. It's just baffling to me. Chloe's tossic relationship with both Davis and Jenny, which is not good in any way apart from the set that becomes Watchtower. I think I've rambled on long enough in this email. Sorry so long, so I believe it there. Thank you once again for putting this podcast out there for so long. Adam Well, lots of good stuff again, I will say on the Lex leaving thing specifically, I actually do think you know, the soft rebit was a shot in the arm of Smallville in season eight when Alex was gone because he had kind of been played out as a character. Now I wish he'd like been a recurring guest star or something and not just like, oh, we can't even use your voice or your like this, we'll do Darth Lex and all stuff. Right, So that made it more complicated, but it was good to it gave Clark kind of a you know, more space to grow on his own. So yeah, we went and wanted Rosa Moom not to leave, but him not being there opened up some opportunities for some of the characters, like Tests for example, she would never exist if rose Mom had left. So yeah, good stuff, and thanks for continuing to write in a bunch your thoughts.
Speaker 3: Yeah, all right. Next, we have an email from Alex Hoey and it's titled good job guys mailbag. Hello. The name is Alex, longtime listener, second time emailer. I emailed last time years ago, jeez about doing my own Gotham podcast. I recall getting getting the go ahead for Always Hold On to Gotham. Well, I started UNI since then, so that plan went out the window. Did start a podcast during UNI, though bit generic with it being a film podcast, but I think it's fun to do while I build up my podcast skills to do more interesting stuff. Anyway, because of you and I fell behind your podcast. So while you guys are near the end of season two, I'm at the start of season eight, so by the time I get caught up, you'll be long finished. So I just wanted to say thanks for all the great hours of podcasting I got to listen to over the years. I listened all the way from the start around the time you were on season four. I loved your episode by episode reviews of the show. It was great to hear another big Smallville fan talk about it, as I don't know anyone else personally who was a big fan It's been a blast, and if you ever do, always hold onto heroes. I need a guest, stop me an email or don't know worries. I don't know about you, but I'll always hold on the Smallville. Kind regards, Alex Hoey pronounced Hoey. Okay, cool, I did it right. PS. If any listener is interested, my podcast is called film FM. We have a new guest on every episode to talk about their favorite movie. Feel free to read this out loud on the mail bag. I just did.
Speaker 1: Feel free. Did not read this out loud?
Speaker 3: Oh, feel free to not read this out on them, but I just did. Yeah, there we go.
Speaker 1: Yeah go check out film FM.
Speaker 3: Yes, pss, I'll totally do. Always hold on to Gotham one day if no one does pss. Yes, sorry, this email is too long. No, it's all good.
Speaker 1: I appreciate that. Yes, thank you. Look, I mean one day and when Lance and I are older and yeah, we got we're settled and you know, retired like you know what Scott from DVD. Yeah, that's what we're gonna do in our retirement home. Anyway, Thanks Alex.
Speaker 2: All right, we have an email from Corey Moore, our favorite person late season ten Howdy, I'm just enjoying your season ten reviews. How cool is it to have John Glover back doing some good old bad Luther stuff. The Fortune episode has one of the funniest moments in Smallville. No, not the monkey, but Clark under the influence of some magic champagne and runs into the corner of a building.
Speaker 3: Lol, Up, up and away. More drunk Clark, Kent.
Speaker 1: I mean that probably was the best one of that episode. Probably he just runs to the wall. I love every talks about the the lemur so I had Anthony on from the grunt that and it's just talking about animals. That's why they're ripping off their like we can't afford a tiger? What can we get's got stripes? That episode is terrible, So thank RB terrible. Keny can who he played for? Kenny, people have no idea.
Speaker 3: Let's play another game of who he played.
Speaker 1: For on T and T check it out. Shout out to the Houston Rockets who finally won the division to give for the first years.
Speaker 3: I saw that. I was like, cool, I'm Filipino night too.
Speaker 1: Philippines all right, so Nick is part Filipino before good lord man eight years not been canceled. You're gonna go get me cancer.
Speaker 3: And I'm also not I'm fully Filippino. I'm Philippine, American.
Speaker 6: Biceps too small, boots will never fit, and the bill not that den anymore. I thought I was thinking my sizes.
Speaker 3: Oh business and basketball legend. Shaquille O'Neal, what are you doing here?
Speaker 6: I'm just meeting with the director, James gun I'm gonna be in this new Superman movie. Ain't that right, James?
Speaker 7: Oh my god, I'm so glad you guys connected. It's not every day you get to meet the og superhero. David want you to meet my buddy, Shack. Shack, I want you to meet Superman. You see the resemblance.
Speaker 3: Suit doesn't fit anyway, Oh Shack, don't be like what are you doing?
Speaker 1: Dude?
Speaker 7: Come on, man, you should have chose me, mister Gunn Dude, don't be like that, Shack.
Speaker 3: You know you would look right in the suit. Come on, I don't even tell you about the cool cameo I offer, Barkley, Barklay, do tell.
Speaker 1: All right? Another email from Adam Litel Lex Corp Versus Luthor Corp. Debate here, Isaac, here's my take on what is Lex Corp and what is Luthor Corp. From season two, Lex Corp is the plant in small but that Lex is leading the buyout for at the end of season one with all the workers. Luthor Corp is Lionel's company at this point. Later on, Luther Corp gets the plant back, which is why Lex Corp disappears. Lex and Lionel then for the rest of the season up to season seven battle out leading the company. Keep up the good work, Adam No, I totally agree. It was just funny that, you know they call I didn't really This is my you know, lack of deep Comba knowledge, especially when I started watching Smallville. So Luther Corp, Yeah, it's Lex, Luthor's company. Luthor Corp makes sense. Yes, apparently it's Lex Corp. Yeah, the Cox. But when Lionel's the guy and Lex's you know, a young man, it's not gonna be Lex Corp. It's gonna be Luthor Corpse. So that's a really smart change. But then they wanted to always try to weave in Lex Corpse. So like by the early season two they're doing Lex Corpse that there's that sign on like garage Lex pulls out off. Its really cool logo we alway joke about they always talk about Xcorp. With and then it just disappears by the time season twos over, Like Alex is like you know, gone on the island. Y. Yeah, that's great, that's a quotabley forgot to be quoted. All Yes, we're working on the raft. It's a you've seen that episode. Do't worry about that nick when it's when, it doesn't.
Speaker 3: Matter, all right. And this email is from David Emerson. Email title to be read at the end.
Speaker 1: Well, it is the end.
Speaker 3: It is the end, it says mister Zach. Well you have done it, sir. This has been a fantastic show. When I was working at my last job, I listened to thirty or so podcasts. I stopped listening to all but three or four of those. This one survived the cut because it's so damn good. I'm so proud of you, sir. You did it. You ran a great show. Your guest, your commentary, your tangents all excellent. I'll miss the show. It always felt like hanging out with friends and chatting about a show you loved. Here's hoping for always hold on to heroes. Thank you, Davin.
Speaker 1: Another request for Always on Heroes? Nick, what should I do? Should do it?
Speaker 3: I actually really enjoyed that show, so yeah, I brought it on yourself.
Speaker 1: You know what I feel like, I feel like somebody I understand my Micaroseman left movel.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I do a things. Guys, you have done this, yes.
Speaker 1: But really I really set myself up for Always onto Heroes, didn't I? Yeah, but that's back in twenty sixteen, when when Heroes just ended a few years before. You got to give the people what they want eventually.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they want me to come back on the show.
Speaker 1: Well you want to come and Always on Heroes.
Speaker 3: I'll do it. That what I can probably watch because it is only like a couple of seasons.
Speaker 1: Only a couple of seasons, not dare you sir? Heroes is four seasons and uh a revival. You know. There was talk recently about a new revival of Heroes and I was like, well, if they do that, it's a sign I have to do it.
Speaker 3: Okay, so that's what we're waiting.
Speaker 1: But they haven't. There's been no news about it since, so I don't know. But now that the people have spoken there they want Always on the Heroes. So I mean, it's not gonna be anytime soon, right, I gotta come up for air, take some time off. There are, like I keep saying, there's plenty of other small little stuff to discuss with comic books and novels. Presumably there'll be more Superman content to talk about Superman specials, and we can do some special things as we continue to to podcast. So it's a different error of the podcast coming up. But well, we'll still do what we do, and we'll still do mail bags as long as you guys keep sending us mail and uh, you do guys keep recording with me.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we'll do that for us.
Speaker 1: Appreciate that. So but yeah, another another fun mail bag. We have fourteen of these, huh, and I think Nick has been on almost all of them.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm trying to think it was like maybe one last time I was either sick or making those out of town, and.
Speaker 1: Then originally maybe you weren't audible. It's like I think Nick started with me, and there was a beginning where there was like, you know, maybe just one and just the two, y'all, but you kind of sell them to this is this is how we do the mail bags, and it's a fun tradition. We hang out, we catch up. Uh, we read your mail and hopefully you guys enjoy enjoy these eunthences.
Speaker 6: I hope you do.
Speaker 1: We enjoy them so and we really appreciate all the love you guys in us. You don't really have to you don't have to hype us up in these messages and emails, but it's really nice to see our names and praying like, hey, we love what you do. And it's like, you know, that's you know, it's all about building community here, you know. I mean, the real small Ville is the friends that made along the way. Am all right, y'all, that's great, that's correct. So that is so. I say that sarcastically because it's cheesy and overuse that phrase, but I also truly made it from the bottom of my heart. So uh, I hope you guys enjoyed our latest mail bag and until the next time we open up the mail bag. Always hold On a Small Dell.
Speaker 5: Always Hold On a Small Ville as part of the Always Hold On to antber of the podcasts and brought to you by listeners like you, Chris Fuchs, Cavante, Chillis, DJ to Widow, Joey Deenburg, Isaiah Goodrich, Cory Moore, Nathan Roth, Thatcher, Atief Shek, Thomas, Navin, John Cursio, markeds Foppin, Patricia Carrillo, Michael Hartford, Jim.
Speaker 1: Crawford, Casey Vatch, Megan Rich, Marie Humphrey, Alex Hamilton, Matt Douglas, Daniel Curiel, Merril Smith, Travis Hull, Ryan Love, Amy, Jay, Mike Franz, Nathan McKenzie, Steve Rodgers, Molly Figuerrella, James Lee, Joe Michael, Jason Davis, Patrick Bravo, Jacob Stevenart, Tay Tay Robb, O'Connor, Tina b Darren kirsht, Dylan D'Antonio, Nick Rhyan Magdoza, Eddie Bissell, Clunk Kant, Nicholas Fansler, John Long, ruth An Cruz, Travis Kill, Mike Thomas, Nina j Nicholas Cosso, Jared Gibbs, Anthony Anderson, jas And mcgelly, Keith Falls, James Hart, Anthony Deciatto, Crystal Cross, Jake c John Sweitzer, Karen Kumar, Lorenzo Valdez and Karen Thank you so much to all these patrons, and YouTube can become a patron at going to Patreon dot com slash always Maulville with one S. Hope to see you there. Always hold on To Smallville's theme music is by Lance Laster and our podcast art is by Tom Gurky. You can follow us on Twitter at always Maulville with one S, You can find us on Facebook at always hold on to Smallville, and you can send us an email at always Maulville at gmail dot com. Once again, with one S, thanks for listening.