Speaker 1: Good evening and welcome everybody to another edition of the ca to Night Live. I am your host, the Caju to Night. There's a lot of things going on around the world, some things we're gonna be discussing on this evening and some of the things that are going on in DC as we speak, certain things that if you are listening to this tomorrow, might be going on. In the moment you're actually listening to this. They are saying they want the big beautiful bill signed into action on July fourth, who knows, But we're gonna talk about We're gonna break it all down here. For anybody who is listening that would like to be a part of this conversation the following week, then come please join us on the Patreon at cajen Night. Link is in the description below. There's only one tier for entry. Not trying to make it rich off of this thing any which away, but we are trying to grow this into its own inherent community so we can all share this information, share the open form debates and the educational conversations. I thoroughly enjoy my Wednesday nights with all the good. The good retinue the squires of the Round table Cajun the Knights of the Crawfish Table, right, the Knights of the Bull. I don't know. I'm still coming up with a name for all the followers of the Cajun Night. It is what it is anyway, let's just dive straight into it here again. For anybody who would like to see this, come join us on the Patreon. But let's go ahead and get a pop in here. A few things to start off with this evening. First off, let's talk Russia and no, no, I am not going to spend a moment to go onto a whole big spiel about the Russia Ukraine conflict. Still going, still going on, still pretty much gridlock. Some would say it's a stalemate, some would say Ukraine is dominating, some would say Russia is dominating. Look, I'm I'm not here to have that conversation tonight, all right, I'm just not who knows. But I did find it interesting that Russia captured a into Bradley and then decided to retro fit it with a thirty millimeter cannon and essentially wood screwing JB weld armor and things onto it. I thought it was a little funny and also a little ingenuitive, so let's check it out here. Russia creates a battlefield Frankenstein fitting captured into Bradley with its own thirty millimeter cannon. A surprise twist on the ongoing battle for the armored superiority has emerged in Russia, where a US applied to Ukraine m too Bradley infantry fighting vehicle has been photographed fitted with a Russian made thirty millimeter to a seven to two cannon, justs bite previous claims that a West Western tanks and IFVs are overrated and essentially useless. Those are Russia's words, not ours. They say that these infantry vehicles are useless and why would you need them? But then they retro fit one with a cannon again a little I'm a little impressed. It also looks like a coad Hagar abortion gone a ride to an to Bradley. I guess it's about perspective, right. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. It's just my own taste. The modification involves replacing the Bradley's original twenty five millimeter bush Master chain gun with a two a seventy two auto cannon, raising fresh questions about Russia's intentions and the fate of the Western supplied equipment. According to the defense media outlet The War Zone on June twenty eighth, the photo, whose origin, location and date remain unclear, appears to show the modified Bradley at a depot housing other Western armor sies from Ukraine. So this says, remember this Ukrainian M two Bradley unleashing twenty five millimeter rounds on a ten ninety m tank and classic battlefield encounter. If we're able to watch this, I think it's great because the Russians have gone on and on about how superior their tanks are. Meanwhile, a basic infantry fighting vehicle is able to take it out, but let's take it. Yeah, well lower the volume one that one. I did like the beat. I'm be honest, I did like the beat. And also for anybody who doesn't know, yeah, that's what a twenty five millimeter chain gun can do. And then they just replace that with a thirty millimeter cannon, which, don't get me wrong, thirty mike mike is nothing to sneeze at. But also I like the bush Master chain gun better. It's it's very effective. It's very effective anyway. Anyway, while It's unknown whether the vehicle is meant for operational use, weapons trials or simply propaganda. The War Zones notes that this isn't the first time Russian forces have tinkered with captured NATO gear. This is from bush Master to two A seventy two. The two A seventy two cannon now mounts it on the bradley, is typically found on Russian BTR eighty two A armored personnel carriers, and is a lighter variant of the two A forty two, which arms the BMP two BMD series vehicles and even the KA fifty two and I twenty eight attack helicopters. All right, for anybody who doesn't know what all the nomenclature is vehicles, Russian made vehicles, and even some Russian helicopters. There it is that's the over under on it. With a firing rate of three hundred and thirty rounds per minute and a range of nearly a mile against armor and up to one point two miles against infantry, the two to A seventy two offers a faster rate of fire than the bush Masters two hundreds round per minute, though it sacrifices some accuracy and versatility. As the war Zone points out, one plausible motive behind the swap could be ammunition logistics. This person, I get it. This makes sense to me. Russia's not got their hands on a lot of twenty five millimeter ammo, but they do have a lot of thirty millimeter AMO. That's a weapon that they play with, so it makes sense anyway. Russian troops operating captured Bradley's may struggle to supply twenty five millimeters NATO standard rounds, especially specialized armor piercing or depleted uranium SABO variants. In terms of firepower, the M two A two Bradley's twenty five millimeter M two forty two autocannon proved more accurate and more effective than the BMP three's thirty millimeters UH two A forty two and to A seventy two guns. The Bradley's rounds offered nearly double the armor penetration compared to other Russian counterparts, extending its effective cape combat range. Oh what's this one? And American made into bradley annihilated a Russian T eighty tank. All right, let's check this high out.
Speaker 2: Don't lower the volume on it now though, huh ooh.
Speaker 1: I mean that also makes sense to me that NATO would have better armor piercing capabilities on their rounds than a Russian made variant. And that's not me trying to just no, no, it just that personally makes sense. NATO has had more fighting experience in the past twenty years thirty years than Russia has, so it makes sense that the weapons capabilities are a little more up to snow. But again, it also makes sense to me why they would swap it out for a thirty millimeter cannon for their own logistics. I just I think it's fugly. I don't know. It's not just the gun, it's everything else they did to the Bradley. The study also noted the Bradley's operational advantages better internal ergonomics, easier maintenance, and improved crew access between compartments. One Russian soldier, quoted in official footage even claimed to prefer the BMP two thirty millimeter gun to the Bushmaster Shocker. I know. In addition, capturing NATO hardware is often displayed at exhibitions across Russia, and mounting a familiar Russian weapon on an American IFV could be a symbolic gesture designed for parades or displays rather than combat. If that's the case, then fine, okay they do. They love their military parades in countries like this, and I know people are going to get super mad. Dude in America have one just like putin. No, No, the United States Army was celebrating their two hundred and fiftieth birthday. It was just luck of the draw that had happened to be on Donald Trump's birthday. That had nothing to do with it. That was not him trying to be dictator esque by having a military parade on his birthday. That that just happened to shake out that way. But I understand why certain haters are gonna hate on that. But neither here nor there, let's go. In addition, captured NATO Harware already said that design for parades or display rather than combat. After all, this wouldn't be the first time that the Kremlin has modified captured Western armor for show. One M one a one Abrams tank previously displayed in Russia, had its damaged barrel reattached upside down. Yeah, I remember seeing that there was a whole There was a whole thing. It was that, and I think it was a Russian or not. I'm sorry. A German made tank that they also had on display, and it was like a whole thing to bring crowds in. Everybody was taking pictures with it, and you could also tell that it was kind of thrown back together to look a certain way and it was not accurate. But okay. Russia's use of captured Bradley's. There is documented evidence that Russia has returned some captured Bradley's to working order, fitted them with ad hoc armor, and deploying them on the battlefield. One video shows a Russian unit from the Center Army Group operating such a vehicle after mind damage had been repaired. Soldiers praise the vehicle's armor, internal space, and fire control systems. Yeah, that makes sense. Let's see here. This is a video of Ukrainian MTA two Bradley reportedly saved from a lancet strike by its advanced brat dynamics protection. Who this should be interesting and for anybody who's just watching or just listening to this, this is one of the ones you want to be on the Patreon to see this thing. I'm just saying, well, that was dope. You saw the big explosion, but the Bradley is still intact. That's the Lancet armor. Basically, it shoots out a rocket to hit rocket in the air before it hits them. It's brilliant in my opinion. Uh Still, it's unlikely that Russia could maintain a fleet of Bradley's in any meaningful way. The War Zone notes that while over three hundred M two A two to ods Bradley's have been sent to Ukraine since April twenty twenty three, only a fraction have been captured. According to Oryx, a respected open source monitoring group, at least twelve Bradley's have been seized, though many more have been damaged or abandoned in the battlefield. So there's another one where they're taking pictures in front of it. So I get it into Bradley's also, or yeah, into Bradley I think they've meant to say Bradley on that one. Also is criticized by the head of Russia State Defense conglomerate Russteck serge A kem Mesov. Chemosov kept yeah, Russian dude. He claimed that the vehicle lacks off road performance and amphibious capability, a notable difference compared to Russian IFVs Okay, all right, it struggles off road and gets stuck in black soil. He claims, nearly all Bradley's delivered to Ukraine have been destroyed. That's not accurate to the reports that we've been getting from the open sources. But I mean sure. Russia's weapon chief calls challenger to a cooking pot, says the ten ninety m outperforms Abrams and leopard or leopard. Excuse me, that's just categorically incorrect. I'm sorry. And again that's not just because I'm all about American turnk and no like. Seriously, the ten ninety is not even in the same conversation as the abrams are the Leopard? But okay. Indeed, Ukrainian forces have published video evidence showing Bradley's absorbing multiple hits and surviving drone or mine attacks. In one clip, a Bradley is seen engaging a Russian ten ninety tank a close range with its bushmashes. They're cannon demonstrating both resilience and offensive capabilities. So let's talk about this. Is this a tactical experiment or a pr stunt? While the retrofit may hint at battlefield experimentation or reverse engineering the war zone. The war Zone emphasizes that the most likely scenario is propaganda. The Bradley's heavy armor and survivability make it valuable even in limited numbers, but the logistical hurdles to sustain capture vehicles with American systems remains steep. Yeah, that also makes sense to me too. While you see certain armor on the sides that look like they've been JB welded into place, I can only imagine what the internals look like as far as the engine is concerned. But this would make sense whenever you're not getting replacement parts. If something breaks on this vic like, that's simply not gonna happen. So you may do with what you got. You, you know what I'm saying. You duct tape it and you hope and you dream, and you zip tie it to get it running, and eventually it's gonna come crashing down on you. But at least while you can ride it like you stole it, I mean, after it, you know, do the Ricky Bobby thing. I get it. Earlier, a video emerged online showing what appears to be a scene from a battlefield near Sokill Village in the dunn Esque region. A Ukrainian M two A two ods SA Bradley infantry fighting vehicle is shown surrounded by the wreckage of five Russian BTR eighty two armored personnel carriers and two buggies. Now, again we don't know the validity of that video. Did they get taken out by other means and then the Bradley just kind of rolled up into the middle of it for the photo op. It's very possible, okay, But yeah, so this is it. This is the Frankenstein Bradley that they have right now. And again, maybe I'm just being hyper critical of it, and it's gonna be used just for parades and propaganda. Okay, I get it. You want to show off a war trophy. If they're trying to use that for frontline battle, I don't know how long it's gonna be able to be used. I understand the swap from the twenty five chain gun to the thirty millimeter. I just personally think the chain gun is better. That's just me that the armor is way better. But that's just Jacob speaking on behalf of Jacob. I'm not exactly a weapons expert when it comes to this, but when I found out that they had frank and molded this thing together. I figure we could talk about it on the Cajun night now while we are still talking international conversations. Brazil's justices cleared the road for a tech platform liability, while Congress stalls in gridlock. All right, so Brazil essentially just passed a new governance for anything to basically control big tech. And yes, of course with this AI is a part of it, but it's not only AI. It's basically trying to limit how big big tech is allowed to get. And it's it's also kind of remnant of the situation we had in America not too terribly long, right, you had that. I think it was a fourteen year old kid who had downloaded a Denarius Targarian mod to his chat GPT and the AI told him to off himself. And the company was trying to say that, well, the AI has freedom of speech, don't we. We're in America. I mean, you can't hold the company liable for what the AI did. That's not how this works. And then the I think it was Florida, I think it was Florida. The state body of Florida pretty much said no, no, The company is absolutely liable, and his blood is on y'all's hands, and it was a whole thing. It's not the same one to one translation to what's going on in Brazil, but it's got the same flavoring, you know, it's got the same remnants to it, and I think it's worth talking about. So let's get into it here. With lawmakers conflicted about regulation versus innovation, the Supreme Court stepped in raising the pressure on legislators, AI startups and big tech firms and raising doubts about judicial oversights. Also, I like their lady Liberty. I think she looks cool in Brazil. I know ours has got the scales and the sword and all that. This one's pretty dope too, I'm just saying anyway. So this is coming from Rio de Gennaro. Brazil's Supreme Court ruling that expands the civil liability of tech platforms for third party content is reshaping the interpretation of the Article nineteen of the twenty twenty four Marco Civil Day Internet, the country's landmark Internet Bill of Rights. The decision underscores the growing rift between the judiciary and Congress in setting digital regulation policy under the precedent's set Thursday. Platforms can be held liable in a variety of situations even without a court order, depending on the nature of the content. The case was prompted by lawsuits from users who claim harm when platforms failed to remove offensive material even following direct complaints. The ruling establishes four liability regimes. Court order. Court orders remain necessary for content related to defamation or similar offenses. Crimes such as incitements to violence or hate speech may trigger liability upon simple notification. Structural negligence applies in cases of systemic failure, and sponsors for AI generated contacts, content such as chatbots automatically generates platform liability. So, just so we're clear here, sponsored or AI generated content such as chatbots automatically generates platform liability. I like that platforms are now required to maintain the legal representative in Brazil's, implement self regulatory mechanisms, publish transparency reports, and remove identical content previously ruled unlawful by Brazilian courts. The Supreme Court took something that was simple and direct and that may be deserved review by lawmakers, maybe deserved review by lawmakers, excuse me, and turned into something complex and even hard to grasp, said mister our Kegas, researcher at the Rio de Gennaro based Institute for Technology and Sociology or Society or its REO, in a statement obtained by Paulo. The Brazilian Chamber for Digital Economy, which represents companies like Meta, Google, Amazon, Kwi, Mercado, Livrey and TikTok Civilize the criticize the ruling, warning that it creates legal uncertainty, raises moderation costs, and encourages preventative censorship to of legitimate posts. I'd to tell my glasses off. It's starting to get jumbled up in here. The companies expect a wave of lawsuits and intend to lobby Congress to pass new legislation that could override the court's interpretation. The ruling comes amid legislative inaction in Congress. Digital regulations have been a partisan battlefield, particularly around freedom of speech. Build twenty six thirty in twenty twenty, aimed at regulating platforms and combating disinformation, was shelved in the Lower House after strong opposition from right wing and far right parties such as pl Novo Republicanos, which labeled the proposal as a threat to free expression. Meanwhile, Build twenty three thirty eight in twenty twenty three, which sets general rules for AI governance, passed the Senate and is now under review and special committee in the lower House. The proposal, inspired by EU's risk based approach, has drawn criticism for potentially stifling innovation through the overly strict requirements. Alejandro Pacheco de Silva, I know I got that silver part right, a law professor at a Jesus christ Fondasieo Fandaseo Getulio Vargas and San Paulo Okay and the coordinator of the institute's Center for Teaching and Research on Innovation, noted that Article nineteen differs significantly from Section two thirty of the US Communications Decency Act. Instead of require ing platforms to act upon notice, Brazil's law gave courts the sole authority to determine whether content was illegal, shielding platforms from liability until a judicial decision Wow Okay. This judicial gatekeeping was originally seen as a safeguard against censorship and a way to protect freedom of speed of expression, but according to Silva, the rise of AI and algorithmic amplifications has shifted the role of platforms from neutral hosts to active curators of online content. I gotta say I agree. I agree with this one hundred percent, absolutely has What the Supreme Court is saying is that Article nineteen does not violate free speech. Silva said, Justice Moraus often says in Brazil democracy. In Brazilian democracy, we have freedom of expression, not freedom to attack our Kai Gus sees the ruling as a turning point in the deteriorating regulatory landscape. Brazil wants a global pioneer with its Internet Bill of Rights, has since lost ground by failing to update its framework and increasingly relying on fragmented court decisions or imported models like the EUS. Brazil needs to recover the regulatory DNA it had during Marcos Seville, the Marco's civil era. I guess that's civil and I'll tell you pronounce it in English, but maybe that's like CV. I don't know. I don't speak Portuguese. Francisco Cruz, a lawyer and director of the Salpolo based Internet Lab, said the outcome would likely have been different had Congress acted sooner. No one wanted the Supreme Court to take this on, not even the Supreme Court. He said. The Judiciary, he argued, lacks the tools to enforce complex policies and cannot create a create a dedicated regulatory body. What the court did show What the Court did shows the debate can't stay frozen and added, just as congressional and action pushed the Supreme Court to act, the Court's move will now pressure Congress to respond. All right, So kind of long story short on this Brazil bill is going out of their way to try to put regulations on not just the Internet as a whole, but definitely more towards AI. I'm a fan of this, I am. Anybody who's listened to me for more than an hour understands that I am just simply not a fan of AI. I don't use it, I don't enjoy that it exists in any way, shape or form. But Brazil is also seeing it for the dangers that it could actually cause, and up until recently they have kind of modeled their approach similar to how the EU has done. But that's not always going to work out, especially with the way that AI is advancing way more rapid than anybody can pass legislation to try to limit by the time the Board of Directors or by the time the congressman, and the centers all get to the table to have a conversation about it. The thing they're trying to talk about is probably already months ahead of what they were trying to initially discuss. So at least they're taking steps in the right direction. And they're saying that, No, the platform and the company is going to be liable for whatever the AI does. It's not a free and independent entity that has freedom of speech inherently in and of itself. The company's liable for what the AI says. I like it. Now, let's move on to the next order of business. As we are still staying international. NATO allies agreed to boost defense spending to a five percent at the Hague summit. Now, Trump was talking about this. He wanted all NATO countries to increase their defense spending by five percent. We just talked about this a couple of weeks ago. He was pushing for it. That being said, a lot of countries have issues even meeting the two percent three percent that was required. I know it's actually two percent. I'm just saying that even if these countries wanted to try to reach three percent, that was going to put a couple of them in a financial hurt locker. Now, NATO allies have agreed to boost their defense to five percent, and I am not a hundred percent sure if this is how it went down, but from what I could tell, Trump pretty much said, if you cannot even attempt to match where we are at with our defense spending, we'll just leave. Like it's very clear that America does not need NATO. NATO needs America. And I'm not again, this is not me trying to beat my American chest. This is just facts and figures on paper. They have America. It's not a secret. America has pulled the lion's share of the duty as far as NATO's armed forces are concerned, or military or weapons capabilities, or naval assets or air assets or what name your topic. And America's pretty much run the roost on it for a while. So and I understand the reason why not just Trump, but why most people with brains would want NATO to have more defense spending, especially especially America. But okay, if we're footing the bill for the majority of the military operations, it would behoove us to have stronger allies. That just makes sense to me, right, If I'm trying to find another example of this. If we were let's say it's a it's a police precinct. Okay, it's this county's sheriff's office, or this parish's sheriff's office, or however, you live out there right cool, and you have a top notch department, right, one of the best SWATT teams in the state, some of the best logistics, some of the best training, all of this, and on occasion, a big event might go down in your AO and you might need to call on some local you know, friends, some local cops from other precincts and other counties and other cities to come to your town to help, you know, not just crowd control, but security, getting people from A to B whatever the case is. Big events happen like this all the time. But the neighboring counties and precincts have what some might call If you if your department would be like an A plus on the grading scale and most of your people that you could call upon might maybe be around a C minus, that's that's not a good look. And if you really need some support, you don't want to call on the C. Students just gonna throw this out, So that being said, with NATO being stronger as a whole, not only is that good for America, but that's good for the world in my opinion. Now, I understand that NATO should have been taken down as soon as the Soviet Union felt That was the whole point of NATO's standing up, was to go against the Soviet Union. When the Soviet Union collapsed, NATO should have gone by the wayside. And or when Russia tried to join NATO, they should have let them that. That would have been a solid move, a show of good faith and olive branch. Turning a new leave name, your expression doesn't matter. It would have been great. Didn't happen. It didn't happen. But I'm just saying, if NATO is going to be this global superpower conglomerates like they're wanting it to be, then yeah, I think all the NATO countries should step up to the plate and open their wallets and spend the money on their military that they should. But I mean, let's be honest, I'm I'm a big supporter of over spending on your military. You know, the whole Speak softly, but carry a big stick. I think like you should carry one of the biggest sticks in the game if you're going to carry one. I know, unpopular opinion, but you know it is what it is, Tony, I see your brother. Come on.
Speaker 3: I bet Locke and Raytheon and General Dynamics appreciate this. And there's a few European companies that'll make money off of this too, But I really doubt they'll actually hit five percent. They'll probably hit like three percent or something.
Speaker 4: What do you think, Well, first of all, you are on the money figuratively and literally Lockheed Martin and Boeing and RTX formerly Raytheon, and a couple other ones from around the world.
Speaker 1: Oh they are happy. Oh, this is business, is a booming and they are stoked. Right, And that's good, fine, fine, everybody making money. Now. I don't believe that this is going to take effect immediately, and we're gonna read in this article, but I want to say it's supposed to be achieved by twenty thirty or twenty thirty five something like that, where the NATO countries will the ones that have agreed to it will be at five percent. But I mean, let's be honest here, how many of these countries are supposed to be at two percent and can't even meet that. Will they double their spending. Let's say got a country out there that's showing like a one point eight of their GDP on their military and in five ten years they go from a one point eight to four A three A three, Right, that would be huge for them and all these things. I mean, it's not like they're gonna get kicked out of NATO over it. I know they threatened that a lot, but it's not going to happen.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Right, they might inch up close to it, but I don't think they'll hit it. And Europe's also got a track record of these kinds of promises, not with NATO. But I'm thinking about the climate goals that they had ten or twenty years ago. Yeah, they were saying that they were going to cut their CO two to half of nineteen ninety levels by twenty twenty. I forget the exact benchmarks, but they didn't even get close. It's just a lot of a lot of words in hot air. But you know, on this thing, Yeah, I bet they'll increase military spending a little bit and the defense companies will be happy, But yeah, I don't think they'll I think I think they'll hit more like three.
Speaker 1: It's very possible. I mean, it depends on the country, right. Some of these countries have a little bit more to throw that way. Some of these countries are barely scraping by to even attempt to hit the two percent mark. So I don't know what to really make of it. I but I stand by my statement. I think that our allies, America's allies, having stronger military might is only good for everybody. That's you know. I know, I'm not trying to be a warmonger here. That's that's all I'm trying to say. But it makes sense. Right. If we're all on the same team and we're all operating at the same level of intensity, it just seems like the machine would run better. I could be so wrong, but let's read it in here. This is from Paris. Here, NATO allies agreed to boost defense spinning to five percent GDP NATO Secretary General Mark Root or Route Routie, I don't know, said after a vote on the thirty two member countries on Wednesday at a summit in the Hague. As part of the agreement, the allies committed to investing at least three point five percent of GDP on core defense requirements, up from the current target of two percent. Root said as a press conference following two days of meetings. The Native Secretary General credited United States President Donald Trump for the results, saying the spending increases wouldn't have happened without him. Now, before we read anymore, if I'm not mistaken, the five percent overall, Yeah, it's like a three point five on the core defense requirements. But the rest of it's supposed to be on critical infrastructure upgrades. We've talked about this before. Europe's power grid is not every country, not every country, but a few is not as optimal as it could be. Some of these roads are beyond in disrepair. And I know I live in Louisiana, and I'm saying that, you know, calling a spade a spade here in pot and Kettle. I get it. I get it. But that being said, there is a lot of critical infrastructure that could be used for defensive purposes. That is very subpart this moment. So let's keep reading. But I want to say there was a percentage of this GDP overall that's going to increase europe infrastructure as a whole. But let's keep going I want to get ahead of myself. Trump has repeatedly criticized European NATO members and Canada obviously for not spending enough on defense, suggesting the US might not honor the alliance's mutual defense commitments for allies that don't step up. As recent as two years ago, most NATO countries had failed to meet a two percent spending target agreed at a summit in Wales in twenty fourteen. All allies are united in the understanding that we need to step up to stay safe, Ruth said. European allies in Canada will do more of the heavy lifting, equalizing their spending and taking greater responsibility for our shared security. Root and Trump had been clear that the United States is committed to NATO, and affirmed it again today with in no uncertain terms, while at the same time making clear that the country expects Europe and Canada to contribute more. He said, NATO's Article five mutual defense clause is absolutely clear, but the Alliance doesn't provide details on what will trigger it to avoid helping adversaries. In a press conference before heading back to Washington, Trump struck a conciliary tone as he sought to harvest praise for the spending boost. This is a direct quote from Trump. He said, I came here thinking it's something I'm supposed to be doing. The summit preceded proceedings had changed his mind, and he as he absorbed individual messages of patriotism from Alliance members representatives. It's not a ripoff, he told reporters, reversing his long hailed grievance, at least for the moment, that Europeans were taking advantage of the United States will help them protect their country. The US has been asking for its allies to lift defense spending since the nineteen fifties, and the agreed reached the agreement reached in the Hague will make the Alliance more stable, according to Root, He said, there is a need to bolster NATO in the face of a threatening Russia, as well as an impressive military build up by China. Okay, the rushing point, dude, If Russia's not breaking through Ukraine this two week special military operation, we're going on three and a half years at this time, Europe is not an inherent danger of Russia doing shit. Let's be real here now, China having a military build up, Okay, I don't disagree with what they're saying, but at the same time, China is worried about their Belt and Road initiative and securing that. I don't believe that Europe is in any danger of China doing anything to them. I could be so wrong here, but it just it makes more sense to me that China would be trying to build up so that it could maybe set up outposts along the BTR like this makes more sense to me. But anyway, Russia's root said Russia is a short term and long term menace to the Alliance, with intelligence suggesting the country could be ready to attack NATO in the next three two seven years. Highly unlikely. Look at the number of military aged males in Russia that are no longer in play. Three to seven years to build back even if they were to call it quits right now, if they were to reach a ceasefire agreement, they go home. Whatever the case is, three to seven years to build back a force that could possibly do some damage to a formidable NATO European country. I'm I'm sorry, homie, what world are you living in? But okay, the Russian threat is there and we need to make sure to be able to defend ourselves. With Trump having demanded NATO allies to spend five percent of GDP on defense, the agreement in the Hague is a bit of a workaround, with three point five for core defense tasks and an additional one point five on measures that support defense and security, for example, investment in infrastructure and cyber defense. Okay, yeah, yeah, that's Greg, that's correg These decisions will have a profound impact on our ability to do what NATO founded was founded to do, deter and defend. Ruth said, US spending on core defenses around the required level already, and it's spending on infrastructure, cyber and hybrid threat and developing the defense industrial base puts the country more or less at five percent. According to Root, the NATO leader said Trump was totally right that Europe and Canada were not providing the alliance what they should, and I agree with that fully. Trump said in a press conference with Root before the vote that the agreement to increase spending was a great victory for everybody, I think, and we will be equalized very shortly, and that's the way it has to be. And it's going to be a lot of money too, a lot of defense. Rout said more money will fund air defense, ammunition, drones, tanks, and troops. He said NATO needs to expand defense industrial capacity. I was gonna say capability. Excuse me. NATO needs to expand defense industrial capacity and on both sides of the Atlantic, which could potentially create millions of new jobs across the Alliance. I mean maybe, yeah, if you incentivize people to join the military, and if you're military industrial complex in your country, is like creating enough weapons to fund, like to supply the demand that has now been made. Okay, I don't see that going for the entirety of Europe. There's a few companies I could think of that will benefit heavily from this, even some European companies. But I feel like that might have been a bit of a bold statement to say out loud, Tony, what's your thoughts?
Speaker 3: Three words? Broken window fallacy. That's all.
Speaker 1: Break this down for me, Broken window fallacy.
Speaker 3: Oh well, this was Frederick Bastiat's theory about two hundred years ago that breaking windows may create some economic activity for window makers, but it's a net loss for everybody else. And the broader points is that military spending might be good for arms companies and their suppliers and a certain group of people, but it comes at the expense of other goods and services for everybody else. It's called the broken window fallacy. So yeah, people who advocate military spending always point out to oh, yeah, it's gonna benefit, it's gonna create jobs. It will create jobs, but it will be at the expense of other jobs.
Speaker 1: I mean I hear that. I don't. I don't see what they're talking about with the creating of jobs. Yeah, if you're gonna increase your numbers of troops, sure it'll it'll create more jobs. But like, the recruiting offices are open right now, and I can't think of the last time I heard of them turning someone away. Well, okay, that's a bit of a misnomer. I actually know people that were turned away from the recruiting offices when they were trying to join while we were in the middle of two different wars and things. Fine, but as far as the European nations, their standards are not American standards. As far as troop mobility is concerned, it's not like they got a line wrapped around the building in France for people that are just like begging to join the French Army or the Spanish Army or the Italian army. It's some of these countries do. Some of these countries absolutely do, and they have found a way to incentivize their you know, young men and women to join. But that's also that is not a standard by any means. I mean, hell, in America right now, recruiting numbers are down, except for the Navy last year, which, if I'm not mistaken, it was still remnants from the Maverick movie. I think their recruiting numbers they met their quota. The Marines have had no issue meeting their quota, but I mean we're the smallest branch. Do that makes sense? The Army and the Air Force and the Coast Guard, and I don't know what the Space Forces. I don't know what their quota is, but I'm assuming that they're having issues finding smart enough people to join it and become guardians. But I do know that the Army and the Coast Guard in the Air Force are having some serious problems trying to man up with just the quotas they already have in place. And we're not even in an active combat zone. So I don't know what they're talking about as far is creating more jobs in that sense, I think you're onto something here with the like i've never heard of the broken window fallacy. I'm going to be using that more often though. Yeah, you're going to create more jobs at Boeing and Lockheed and RTX, But I mean, how many of these jobs are specialized jobs? How many of these jobs can be replaced with robots and automation and therefore AI's I just don't see it being what they're talking about as far as that's.
Speaker 3: Concerned, right, Yeah, they are pretty specialized jobs. I'm related to people who worked at Lockheed, and yeah, that job is not extremely transferable. He was working on missiles and satellites and stuff, and there's not really private companies that do that until now, I guess with space X, but he's been retired for a while. There's another. Yeah, I'm really glad to make you and the listeners aware of the broken window fallacy. The name of the guy was Frederick Bastiat and he was in France about two hundred years ago. Another great, you know, restatement of the same thing was Dwight Eisenhower's Cross of Iron speech. If you've ever heard of that. I'm sure he was borrowing from the Cross of Gold speech from William Jennings Bryan maybe sixty years later. But this Dwight Eisenhower made the exact same observation, and he was trying to push America back into a peacetime economy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he was trying to warn everybody about the military industrial complex that was taking root. And this is the guy who is a general who just got done with a Second World War, and he saw the war machine. And I don't mean that for a euphemistic statement. I mean that like the actual machine of the logistics and everything that goes into a wartime economy. He saw what America was gearing up to become, and he was trying to warn us to not go that route. But I mean, of course, that's that's what America does. It's like the only thing we do really well, So I get it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he could remember a time before the World Wars, which nobody today can remember. And in his speech he was making the same point, which is that, yeah, B fifty two bomber costs a certain amount of money, but let's translate that into things like schools and school buses and roads and things like that, and that's the kind of thing that we have to forego in order to have the B fifty two for example. Yeah, yeah, that's all I can help myself.
Speaker 1: Again, No, brother, I appreciate your insight. I always do. Let's keep going here. It says we need quality and quantity. The Secretary General said, we need to innovate and we need to act fast. Again, I don't see what the rush is on this. I agree that the Allies need to spend more on their military. I'm with you, but I don't know why we're like all of a sudden setting. I guess because you have to set a deadline or else nothing's going to get done. I get that, but there's no need to light a fire under anybody's ass right now. I just I don't see the thing. Maybe I'm just not in the loop on this, but anyway, Some countries, including Spain and well Jium, have questioned the three point five percent target, and Roots said Spain estimates that it can reach its capability targets while spending two point one percent of GDP on defense. The Secretary General said Allies will report on how they will reach the capability targets, and NATO will any way have a review of all of this in twenty twenty nine. Okay, so they were trying to get it done before twenty thirty. Spain has consistently been at or near the bottom of military spending in NATO, last year, ranking last with an estimated one point three percent of GDP spent on defense. Well, okay, this is just okay. In his post summit press conference, Trump blasted Spain for seeking an exception to the five percent spending goal. He suggested trying to recoup the national funding difference by skewing US trade with Madrid in Washington's favor. Trump be Trump, and doesn't he. NATO allies have pledged more than three thirty five billion euros, which would be forty one billion dollars for Ukraine so far this year to help the country fend off the Russian invasion, according to Root, who said he expects total EID and twenty twenty five to surpass last year's pledge support of more than fifty billion euro Wow. Okay, so yeah, like I said, I'm happy that we are you could say strong arming are allies to actually step up to the plate. I'm not mad at this, but also it's it's what's the what's the intent. I want to believe that it is for stronger allies, makes the organization as a whole stronger. This I'm good with putting a timeline on it, I understand because if you just said you have to do this, they'll just kind of say, yeah, yeah, we'll handle it with the next administration, or we'll handle it after this or after this. You have to give a deadline in order for the job to get done. I understand that as well. But I also think that that's going to be quite a stretch for countries just like Spain and Belgium, and I don't know what kind of jobs they're expecting for it to create. I hope for the best on this, but we shall see. Now, speaking of Trump, this one I thought was pretty hilarious. Paramount settles with President Trump for sixteen million dollars. I don't know if y'all heard about this, but this is great. Let's listen.
Speaker 5: In tonight, a sixteen million dollar settlement Paramount the parent company of CBS, announcing it will pay President Trump's legal fees and give money to his future presidential library. The president sued CBS over this interview with Vice President Kamala Harris on Sixty Minutes during last year's presidential campaign.
Speaker 6: We're not going to stop pursuing what is necessary for the United States to be clear about where we stand on the need for this war to end.
Speaker 5: The suit accusing the Show of manipulating the editing in Harris's favor, I claim CBS News deny. In June sixty Minutes anchor Scott Pelley was asked what effect a settlement and apology would have will be very damaging to CBS to Paramount to the reputation of those companies. Paramount is not issuing an apology, but says it has agreed to release written transcripts of future Sixty Minutes interviews with presidential candidates. The Trump legal team calling the settlement another win for the American people, holding the media accountable for their wrongdoing and deceit.
Speaker 7: The announcement concepts. Paramount is looking to merge with Skydance Media, a deal with eight billion dollars. It has been stuck waiting for SEC approval for nearly a year. Paramount previously saying the lawsuit is unrelated to the sky Dance merger and.
Speaker 5: The FCC approval process. Following a string of lawsuits this year, media companies and social media platforms have reached settlements with the president worth more than sixty million dollars.
Speaker 1: Okay, real quick, ho, god, we need to read this one. So SEE has settled for sixteen million, ABC owned by Disney, is settling for fifteen million, X owned by Elon Musk, has settled with Trump for ten million, and Meta, owned by Zuckerberg, has settled with Trump for twenty five million dollars. So pretty much, Trump has taken the media as a whole, social and press to court here and has come out sixty million to the good because he can now show and prove how they were skewing certain interviews and certain polls and certain algorithms to make something out to be what it wasn't. And if anybody doesn't know about the Kamala Harrison interview that's being questioned at this time, basically, the Kamala was she is rather very dumb. She's very dumb. She's a very dumb human being. You know. They say that she was the America drunk ant for most of the election and the debates, which I myself agree with. I have called her a whore for many a month, and I will continue to do so because you know, I believe in calling a spade is paid. But neither here nor there. She this interview with CBS. Basically he would ask her a very hard hitting question, quote unquote hard hitting question, and she would give a very I don't know what you're talking about kind of answer because she has no clue what's actually going on. So then he would stop and pretty much softball pitch her the question in a way to where she knew what like the response should be, and then they did cheap editing tricks to make it look like that was her immediate response to the question. When it was asking all these things. They went on for a while saying that they did not do this, and now they have to acknowledge that, yes, they did, to the tune of sixteen million dollars. They have to acknowledge that that's exactly what they did. So if anybody is unaware out there, Yes, the press lies. And if you think you're bullying journalists hard enough, you're wrong. You can bully harder. I know you can. I believe in you. Let's keep listening.
Speaker 5: In January, ABC News agreed to pay fifteen million dollars over on air comments made by George Stephanopflis. The terms similar to CBS, though in that case, ABC News did issue a statement of regret. Stephanie Gosk, NBC News.
Speaker 1: New York, very good things, very funny things. You know, I didn't know that this was going on. As I was doing my little putting together my notes and things for this episode. I found that and I just I was flabbergasted by this. CBS absolutely or paramount I should say absolutely had to acknowledge that they tilted certain things that were released in order to make Trump look bad and Kamala look better. In which that's the thing. We all know that this is going on to be going on. For them to lose a court case over it, y'all, this had to be egregious, Like it's it's mind blowing to me. But anyway, now, speaking of Trump, we talked a little bit about the NATO stuff, we talked a little bit about his victories in court. Now let's talk about something that is going down with the big beautiful bill. Okay, So a portion of the bill was basically going to cut the legs out from under the NFA. Okay, the National Firearm Association. I was so happy about this. This was amazing. It was so close to where you would be able to buy a suppressor and not have to register it, which I believe we should be able to do. It was going to take away the registration of SBRs or short barrel rifles and salt off shotguns. It was about to be more freedom for the two way community, of which I probably am a member of. I enjoy guns. I think everybody should carry that being said, the Big Beautiful Bill moves forward with zero tax on most NFA items, and then yesterday they decided to change the language because of one human being that is not elected and can and should be fired. But we'll talk about that in a bit. With the deletion of the Popular Hearing Protection Act and Short Act Short being anything like sprs and things like that provisions from HR one on Friday, Republican lawmakers switched to a backup plan heading into this weekend. The old section seven zero four to three six, elimination of tax on certain devices under the National Firearms Act, was deleted from HR one, better known as One Big Beautiful Bill, by the ostensibly nonpartisan Senate proletarian at the urging of Democrats on Capitol Hill. While Dems and the anti gun groups chess bumped and celebrated. Pro two A groups quickly issued a joint letter calling for the parliament parliamentarian to either be overruled or for the NFA taxes on suppressors and short barrel firearms to be leased by at least two excuse me, NFA taxes on suppressors and short barrel firearms to at least be zeroed out. The statement and this is actually the direct quote June twenty seventh, twenty twenty five. The American Suppressor Association, Gun Owners of America, Firearms Policy Coalition, Second Amendment Foundation, National Rifles Association, National Association of Sporting Goods Wholesalers, and Fair Trade Group strongly disagree with the weaponized procedural maneuvering used by the unelected parliamentarian to block the removal of suppressors and short barrel firearms from the NFA tax scheme in the One Big Beautiful Bill, unless the Senate chooses to overrule her egregious decisions or the majority leaders removes the the existing parliamentarian, which is well within their rights, which it is, which it is the parliamentary into which they're talking about right now. This woman has been in this position. She's not elected. She can be fired tomorrow. It is well within their rights to remove her from her job, and they're just not. I don't know why, but anyway, immediate action must be taken to ensure law abiding Americans are able to exercise their Second Amendment rights without the Dredconian NFA tax. I agree, though not the full tax repeal it should have been, there is still an opportunity to use well established precedent to lower the NFA's unconstitutional excise tax on suppressors and short barrel firearms. Two zero dollars or organizations stand united on behalf of millions of law abiding gun owners in calling on Congress to immediately make this revision. This is a critical step in our fight against the unconstitutional NFA tax scheme and for the rights of all Americans they're preaching. They're preaching right now. If y'all are not aware of this. By Sunday, when at least nine hundred and forty page texts of HR one was released by the Republican Control Budget Committee, Section seven zero four to three six had been restored but read much differently than in previous versions. While the new language drops both making and transfer taxes on suppressors, short barrel rifles, short barrel shotguns, and aow's which is any other weapon, AOW any other weapon. It's very broad brushstrokes with these types of things when it comes to guns in it keeps them under NFA control and regulation. In short, punintended like being a contestant on a game show and instead of winning the jackpot earned fair and square, being sent off with the home edition of the game as a parting gift. So here's the new language, and I'm not going to read all of it, but we could at least touch on it for a second. Here the reduction of Transfer and manufacturing tax for certain devices. Transfer tax is amended to read as follows rate. There shall be levied, collected, and paid on firearms transferred, a transferred a tax at the rate of two hundred dollars for each firearm transferred in the case of a machine gun or destructive device, and a zero dollar tax for any firearm transferred which is not described in paragraph one Making tax Section five A two one A is amended to read as follows rate. There shall be levied, collected, and paid upon the making of a firearm, a tax at the rate of two hundred dollars for each firearm made in the case of a machine gun or a destructive device, and zero for any firearm made which is not described in paragraph one. Conforming amendment is amended by adding at the end of the following, for purposes of the preceding sentence, any firearm described in section five eight one two shall be deemed to be a firearm on which the tax provided by Section five eight one one has been paid effective date. The amendments made by this section shall apply to calendar quarters beginning more than ninety days after the date of the enactment of this Act. All right, so let's just break this down a little bit. They were about to make it to where you didn't have to have a tax imposed upon you for buying a suppressor or making a short barrel, or any of these types of things. It was about to be legal for you to do with your guns, which you so chose. I like this now when it comes to the term machine gun. I understand this is a hot button topic for some people. Some people are four civilians owning machine guns. I myself am. Some people are against it, and I'm not trying to have a whole two way debate here tonight, although we definitely can. It is what it is. There is a way for a regular civilian to own a machine gun, whether it was pre eighties or was eighty six, Either eighty six or eighty four when that bill was passed, there is ways for a civilian to legally own a machine gun. There is some hoops you have to jump through, some paperwork, you have to file, some background checks you have to do, and that's fine. That's fine. I don't like that, but it's fine. What take what we can get. But now they basically have made it to where everybody was super excited about this, and now there's a tax impost. So what could we do about this? We could fire the parliamentarian that put it in place, but let's talk about it here. While the sound of free tax stamps for everything but machine guns and destructive devices feels like a big win of sorts, it still falls short of the promised NFA reform of the Hearing Protection and Short Acts for the record. The hearing protection that would be for suppressors, for anybody who actually does a fair amount of shooting. Dude, I'm telling you, having a suppressor on your weapon, especially if you're going to go for a rain day, your ears will thank you in about twenty years. Let's just be real here. The reason why I am deaf right now is because ear protection was not something that was allowed in certain cases for us. But if you're going to blow through a thousand rounds in a day, and you might do that once a month, once every six months, and again, if you're not somebody who even wants a suppressor, then this doesn't apply to you. So it doesn't matter for you personally, But for the rest of us that enjoy shooting and wants to use suppressors, we have to go through all these extra steps. We have to register the suppressor as its own device, separate from the gun its own device, which registering weapons is also mind blowing to me anyway, Neither here nor there. Let's say further, as the mechanisms to tax such items remains on the books, a future simple reconciliation bill by a Democrat control Congress could just bump the taxes back up and significantly increase them. US Representative Andrew Clyde a Georgia Republican a FFL holder has been a driving force behind the scenes in the debate to get the reforms into HR one. He cautioned that the fight isn't over. Of course, I want the NFA registration eliminated as it is inseparably linked to the tax. That's why I fought tirelessly for months, said Clyde. Yet we can't pass up on an opportunity to end the ninety one year old unconstitutional taxation under the draconian NFA. This rewrite is another shot at this provision. It's not perfect, but it's a far better. But it's far better than getting zero two A victories. I will say that it might be a small lowercase W, still a W. I understand that, but it's not as much of a W that it was supposed to be. And it can still be fixed. We still have time. But anyway, Clyde said, the move, should it be successful and make it a law, could set the stage for a more groundbreaking legal change. This is him speaking again. He said, I strongly believe eliminating the tax provides a highly credible basis to challenge the NFA registration in court because with the taxation repeal, there is no longer a foundation for the registration. The registration database is the method used by the government to account for the tax paid on each firearm by the serial number of the firearm. That's why they are inseparably linked. No tax, no foundation for a registration database. I love this. I love this. I think the taxation is theft for the most part, especially when it's something that's a God given right. Anyway, the Senate narrowly passed a fifty one to forty nine procedural vote to hold a debate on HR one on Sunday, which will unfold on Monday, following a move by Democrats to force the entire bill to be read prior to moving forward. Then there will come a series of proposed amendments from both sides that could see section seven zero four to three six, the one in question here changed further. Once past by the Senate, the bill would still require House concurrence due to all the changes since it left that body. Republicans hope to have the measure on President Trump's desk by July fourth. They're really pushing for this to be on and signed by July fourth. That's like, you know, for the for the day of it all and I get that. Man, I really, I really really really want this to pass. I want suppressors to be legal for everybody. I think it's just for the betterment. I mean, you know, especially hunting. It's all about hunting. If I'm hunting in the woods and I shoot my rifle, now the entire woods knows where I am. And I don't mean people, I mean the other animals that I'm trying to hunt. A suppressor is not going to take away all of the blast, and it's not going to take all of the sound away, but it would drastically help the rest of my days hunt. Just throwing this out, this is just speaking on behalf of the rednecks out there. But anyway, all right, moving on to this next bit. As we're still talking about Trump's let's talk about the House Republicans raised towards a final vote on Trump's tax bill, daring critics to oppose again. This is a flex, some might say, one of the most flexes that have ever happened. But let's hear more about this big, beautiful bill as it's coming through here very soon.
Speaker 6: Let's talk and tonight, Republicans are still working to gain support for President Trump's signature tax cuts and spending bill, known as the Big Beautiful Bill. The President wants to sign it on the fourth of July.
Speaker 1: Monica Alba reports on the debate happening right now on the House floor.
Speaker 8: As Republicans, we're touting the benefits of President Trump's signature tax and spending bill on the House floor.
Speaker 9: Historic tax relief for working families, massive investments to secure our nation's borders, capturing generational savings.
Speaker 8: The President himself working behind the scenes, meeting with at the White House, trying to please Republicans who say the Senate version spends too much.
Speaker 10: The overall deficit number is not good to bear, I think.
Speaker 8: It got worse, and trying to calm other Republicans fears that cuts to social programs go too far.
Speaker 3: Those meetings are having a big impact. Members are moving to Yes, Donald Trump is the best closer in the business, and we're going to get it done.
Speaker 8: Democrats amping up the pressure on potential holdouts.
Speaker 4: That's all we need are four Republicans to join us and support of their constituents.
Speaker 11: So allat a time when most households are struggling to afford the basics, Republicans have a clear message for American families, you don't matter.
Speaker 8: The Senate pass version extends the twenty seventeen Trump tax cuts, slashes funding for medicaid in food stamps, and increases funding for border security and the military. The non partisan Congressional Budget Office estimates it will add more than three trillion dollars to the national debt.
Speaker 1: Real quick, hold on, I just wanted to read that list. Okay, So nine hundred and thirty billion dollars in cuts to medicaid, two hundred and eighty five billion dollars in cuts to snap, a one hundred and fifty seven billion dollar boost to military spending, one hundred and fifty billion dollar increase for immigration enforcement, four hundred and eighty eight billion dollars in cuts to clean energy credits. That's a debate. I don't think that clean energy credits actually makes clean energy happen. That kicks the can down the road and allows these facilities to still produce the same toxic fumes they've been doing, but now they paid their extortion fee, so it's not a net positive. And then ten billion dollars for MARS missions. That's a thing, that is a thing that's happening right now. So for everybody out there that doesn't believe that space is real, I'm sorry. You know, apparently the government thinks so. And I know they would, wouldn't they they would? But uh, yeah, who knows. It's it's possible we'll be on Mars here soon. I don't. I have no idea what all that implies. Oh my god, that's hilarious. All right, let's keep going. Oh, go ahead, Tony.
Speaker 3: You know, I hate it when people don't annualize these numbers. I'm pretty sure these numbers are not annualized because Medicaid and Medicare in total aspect checked was a little over a trillion dollars a year. So you know, nine hundred billion dollars in cuts to Medicaid that's probably spread out over like twenty or thirty years or something. But you know, it looks like a bigger number if you make it over a lot of years instead of just one. And I hate it when people don't just confine it to one year.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this is an extension on Trump's twenty seventeen tax cuts. So like we're already talking about nine years ago the things that he implemented, and this is like a further continuation of it. So you're right. They absolutely they throw it all together to make it look like it's happening this year, and it's like, that's that's simply not happening. I agree. Even still, I had to stop and talk about that one ten billion for MARS missions. That's great, let's keep going.
Speaker 8: Funding for border security and the military. The non partisan Congressional Budget Office estimates it will add more than three trillion dollars to the national debt and will strip healthcare coverage from more than eleven million people. Republicans are working under a President Trump imposed July fourth deadline.
Speaker 1: I feel good about where we are and where we're headed, and stay tuned.
Speaker 3: There's more conversations to be helped.
Speaker 8: The tricky part for House Republicans is they have to pass the Senate version of the bill unchanged if they want to get it to the President's desk by Friday. Any reluctant House members who want to make deals on the side would have to do that and pass it through separate legislation. Otherwise it could take additional days or even weeks for this to get across the finish line. Monica Alba, NBC News Washington.
Speaker 10: And we've also been in touch with our local lawmakers who have spent much of their day on the House floor as well.
Speaker 6: Congressman Andre Carson says Democrats are trying to get the four Republican wholes doubts to side with him, but he is not giving up on the other Republicans asking them to not pass this bill.
Speaker 12: This won't just impact those who are on Medicaid. It really impacts our entire systems. Our hospitals rely on Medicaid, Our emergency rooms rely on Medicaid to stay open. With these cuts, hospitals, especially rural hospitals, are at risk of closing. And that's my appeal to my Republican friends. If you have these hospitals close, you're going to disrupt the entire ecosystem of local communities.
Speaker 1: It's going to now.
Speaker 6: We also reached out to Republican Representative Victoria's Sparts. We have not yet heard back from her office.
Speaker 1: Okay, so let's break it down. Actually, before we do that, let's get into the chat over here. Also, there ain't ooh, okay, I see links, I see things that people wanting to bring up here real quick. There's this whole Candice Owen's phone call with Trump from February. She's reposted one guy's impression. Okay, I'm down everything. Everyone's arm late, Anthony. Good to see you, brother, Good glad you could join us. My dad lost a good chunk of his hearing about a year ago from a gun he used. Yeah, I'm saying. I'm just saying a suppressor would go a long way, especially if you're an older shooter or even a younger shooter. Help my son. He does competition shooting a Granted it's only like a twenty two, so I'm not that concerned with it, and he wears ear protection, but still, and he's not gonna use a suppressor at camp for obvious reasons. But if we're practicing and he's like getting his shooting positions down, we're blowing through AMMO at the range one day. Yeah, a lost suppressor on a twenty two goes a long way. I don't know. Maybe I'm just being ridiculous with it, but I like it. I'll never freaking live somewhere where you have to register your babies such bigots. My firearms are family. Yeah, I agree with that white boy wizard. I agree, which I mean registration that's kind of more of a suggestion, isn't it. I'm saying, Uh, let's see here. Also, ooh, the yoked yid my boy Royce just posted this one. The Diddler aka puff Daddy akap Diddy aka Sean Combs Face is twenty years in prison, but is found not guilty of the more serious crimes. Now the question is was he not guilty or was there dirt in the videos? That's interesting. Let's see here for a racketeering conspiracy, he was found not guilty. Yo, how how was he found not guilty of racketeering? That's literally what he was doing was extorting these people for his own gains. But okay, Uh, sex trafficking by force, fraud, or coercion, found not guilty. I cool. That's dirty. That is dirty by force, maybe not by fraud, absolutely by coercion. Oh one hundred, that's what he did. Uh, found not guilty. That's mind blowing. But okay. Count three transportation to engage in prostitution, he was found guilty. Okay, So he brought in hookers from over state lines like all right, yeah, I didn't think that was even open for debate. But then again, I didn't think any of these were But all right, Count four sex trafficking by force, fraud or coercion. Wait, that's the same thing as count two. Oh, I guess it's different cases or different instances. Okay, found not guilty again. So I don't know how they found him not guilty of that. I mean, I understand that a willing party, somebody who is trying to do these things to better their career or whatever the case is. But I also feel like there was probably a bit of coercion there. I don't know that for a fact. But okay, and count five transportation to engage in prostitution. So that's the only thing he has found guilty on. Two counts of transportation to engage in prostitution. Wow, that's pretty mind blowing. Okay, well, didd he's going to jail for twenty years. He'll probably I don't know what you'll think, you'll think you'll get out and what like eight, he'll pay an absorbiting amount of money, good behavior, all the things. He'll be out before ten years by far. Yeah, go ahead for Royce. So I don't know the veracity of this article.
Speaker 13: However, it basically is said that with the prostitution charges, it'll probably be maybe time served, and he will almost seem like he'll probably walk, which is pretty much status quo for anybody who has a lot of power and has money, it doesn't really matter what see if they do, they just get to do really whatever they want as long as they have a great lawyer in money.
Speaker 1: And that's absolutely what he has working for him right now. So I yeah, he I don't even know as far as the time serve things. He's only been in jail for a year, give or take. And I mean, I don't know what his record looks like. I know he portrays himself as a thug and all of that, I don't know what his actual like record looks like even Still, dude, we're talking at the time served of a year even two. Yeah, but then how are they coming to a twenty year sentence if he's already yeah, I don't, I don't know. I don't know.
Speaker 13: I think that the twenty years would have been if he would have been guilty of the racketeering and the serious charges. But since he's not guilty of that, I don't know.
Speaker 1: Still, how is he not guilty of racketeering? That's clearly what he was doing. How many careers has he built? And he used certain things as leverage over these people?
Speaker 10: What?
Speaker 1: What would you? Okay? All right, well, our justice system is broken for anybody who didn't know that, that's absolutely a part of it. Let's see whoever said money can't buy happiness never paid for a divorce before? Boy, I know it. That's right. Let's see middle one fourth from Yeah, that's a meme. All right, Let's see Raven Lee has sent a article. Let's check this one out here. This is US news. The US plans to begin breeding billions of flies to fight a pest. Here is how it will work. Oh, Raven Lee, what have you shared with us this evening? All right, I'm go ahead and share the screen for everybody. Let's learn about some sort of new scientific advancements that's happening with flies. The US government is preparing to breed billions of flies and drop them from airplanes over Mexico and even southern Texas. Okay, likes as a prank. Let's read. Let's read. Okay. In this January twenty twenty four photo provided by the Panama United States Commission for the Eradication and Prevention of Cattle screw Worms, oh, okay. A worker drops a New World screwworm fly larva into a tray at a facility that breeds sterile flies in Pocona. I'm a zooming on this a little bit because my eyes are not what they once were. Children Pacora, Panama to Peaka, Kansas. The US government is preparing to breed billions of flies and dump them out of airplanes over Mexico and southern Texas to fight a flesh eating maggot. That sounds like a plot of a horror movie, but as part of the government's plan to protect the US from a bug that could devastate its beef industry, decimate wildlife, and even kill household pets. This weird science has worked well before. Okay, let's go. It's an exceptionally good technology, said Edwin Burgess, and assistant professor at the University of Florida who studies parasites and animals, particularly livestock. It's an all time great in terms of translating science to solve some kind of large problem. The targeted pest is the flesh eating larva of the New World screwworm fly. The US Department of Agriculture plans to ramp up the breeding and distribution of adult male flies, sterilizing them with radiation before releasing them. They mate with females in the wild, and the eggs laid by the females aren't fertilized and don't hatch. There are fewer larva, and overtime the fly population dies out. It is more effect is more effective and environmentally friendly than spraying the pest on or into oblivion, and it is how the US and other nations north of the Panama ere eradicated the same pest decades ago. Interesting steri flies from a factory in Panama kept the flies contained there for years, but the pest appeared in southern Mexico last year. The USDA expects a new screwworm fly factory to be up and running in southern Mexico by July twenty twenty six. It plans to open a fly distribution center in southern Texas by the end of the year so that it can import and distribute flies from Panama if necessary. Now fly feeds on live flesh, most fly larva feed on dead flesh, making the New World screw worm fly and its Old World counterpart in Asia and Africa outliers and for the American beef industry a serious threat. Females lay their eggs and wounds and sometimes exposed mucus. One thousand pounds bow vine can be dead from this in two weeks, said Michael Bailey, President elected the American Veterinary Medicine Association. WHOA yeah, you want to talk about an infestation of that hitting a massive cattle farm. That is it? It's over. Veterinarians have effective treatments for infested animals, but an infestation can still be unpleasant and cripple an animal with pain. Don Henneman, a retired West in Kansas rancher, recalled infection. Recalled infected cattle as a youngster in his family's farm. It smelled nasty, said, like rotten meat. How scientists will use the flies biology against it. The New World screwworm fly is a tropical species unable to survive in Midwestern or Great Plains winters, so it was a seasonal scourge. Still, the US and Mexico bred and released more than ninety four billion steril flies from nineteen sixty two through nineteen seventy five to eradicate the pest. According to USDA, the numbers need to be large enough that females in the wild can't help, but hook up with sterile males for mating. One biological trade gives the fly fighters a crucial wing up ah nice pun female's mate only once in their week's long adult lives. While the US wants to breed more flies. Alarmed by the flies migration north, the US Temporary League temporarily closed its southern border in May to imports of live cattle, horses, and bison, and it won't be fully open again at least until mid September. But female flies can lay their eggs and wounds on any warm blooded animal, and that includes humans. Decades ago, the US had fly factories in Florida and Texas, but they closed as the pest was eradicated. The Panama fly factory can breed up to one hundred and seventeen million a week wow, but the USDA wants the capacity to breed at least four hundred million a week good God. It plans to spend eight point five million on the Texas site and twenty one million to convert a facility in southern Mexico for breeding sterile fruit flies into one four screwworm flies, Okay, how to raise hundreds of millions of flies? In one sense, raising a large colony of flies is relatively easy, said Cassandra olds And, assistant professor of an entomology at Kansas State University. But she added, you've got to give the females the cues that she needs to lay her eggs, and the larva have to be have to have enough nutrients. Factories once fed larva horse meat and honey, and then moved to a mix of dried eggs and either honey or molasses, according to the past USDA research. Later the Panama factory used a mix that included egg powder and red blood cells and plasma from cattle in the while, larva ready for the equivalent of a butterfly's cocoon stage, dropped off their hosts and onto the ground, burrowed just below the surface, and grow to adulthood inside a protective casing, making them resemble a dark brown tic tac mint. In the Panama factory, workers drop them into trays of sawdust. Security is an issue, Sonya Swigger, Sweeger Swiger, I don't know, sweezer Swige, I don't know. And entomologists with the Texas A and M University's Extension Services said a breeding facility must prevent any fertile adults kept from breeding stock from escaping. So how to drop them from an airplane? I'm assuming in the tic TAC stage. I don't know. Dropping flies from the air can be dangerous. Last month, a plane freeing steriol flies crashed near Mexico's border with Guatemala, killing three people. Well Jesus Okay. In test runs in the nineteen fifties, according to the USDA, scientists put the flies in paper cups and then dropped the cups out of the planes using special shoots. Later, they loaded them into boxes with the machine known as a whiz packer. I feel like the paper cups is just going to add to pollution. Although there's biodegradable paper, there's ways, you know, the method is still pretty much the same light planes with crates of flies dropped those crates bur just called the development of sterile fly breeding and distribution in the nineteen fifties and sixties one of the USDA's crowning achievements. Some agriculture officials argue now that the new factory shouldn't be shuttered after another successful fight something we think we have complete control over and we have declared a triumph, and victory over can always rear its ugly head again. Burgess said, Okay, wow, very very interesting, Raven, thank you for sharing this. All right, let's go back to the chat because it seems like you have another one ready to go here. Okay, it was another one that's basically talking about the same thing about breeding the flies. That is pretty fascinating. I mean, we did an episode we talked about the screwworms not too terribly long ago. I didn't realize that it was that much of an issue and that they were making a real advancement north. That's I'm glad that the USDA has taken some sort of approach against that, because, good god, that's that's one of the other things America does really well. We do war really well, and we do farming really well. So for them to try to protect that, I like it. I like it a lot. All right, let's see here RFK Junior. This is from ms N. RFK Junior says the CDC data to be public for the first time in autism study. Oh here, here we go. All right, I'm gonna go ahead and share the screen yet again for all the good listeners of the Cave tonight, if you would like to be a part of this conversation and see what we're talking about and join in and send in your articles there anything you would like to talk about that you think is interesting. Again link in the description below. We only got one tier for entry here. Okay, let's do this. Health and Human Services Secretary Robert F. Kenny Junior said the CDC will publish large amounts of data for researchers to sift through related to possible causes of autism during an interview published today with Tucker Carlson. We're going to do real science, and the way we're going to do it is we're going to make the database public for the first time, he said. We're going We're We've gone into the CDC. We've got the data from the CMS, which is the Medicaid and Medicare. We're getting the data from the Vaccine Safety Data Link, which is the biggest repository for HMO health records. Those records will have all the vaccination data and the subsequent health claim games. You can do a cluster analysis and look to see it. There as an Association. Kennedy said, We're going to do some in house studies ourselves, but more importantly, we're going to make this data available for independent scientists so everyone can look at it. So here's the full interview. Yeah, okay, I'm not going to read the entirety of it, but all right, it says, here's the full interview, and we're not going to pull it up, but at least the overarching theme of it here. Twenty years ago, Bobby Kennedy was exiled from Polite Society for suggesting a link between autism and vaccines. Now he's a caverte secretary and still saying it. So him and Tucker got into it, and he is basically saying that we will have all of the information ourselves that we can look into. Let's see. Tucker Carlson says, I remember your first break with the Democratic Party and with personal friends, even members of your own family, was a rolling Stone piece that you wrote about autism, asking why have autism rates risen? And you were kind of written out of Polite Societ for doing that. One of the first things you did as secretary, I think, tell me if I'm mistating here was commission was commission a kind of study on autism. Can you tell us what that is and what you're seeking to do with that. So here's Robert F. Kennedy. I'm not going to do an impersonation of his voice, mostly because it would hurt my throat. But yeah, yeah, I mean, you know the studies. There are a handful of studies that the CDC has generated on autism. They were all a deep pemelogical Jesus Christ, a deepaminie epidemiological studies. There we go and they all say what the CDC wanted them to say, which is that they couldn't find a link. The problem is that the Institute of Medicine, which is part of the National Academy of Science, has said in two thousand and one that the link between autism and vaccines is biologically plausible, and they were highly critical of the way the CDC was making decisions about the vaccine schedule. This group AIP, which is an external panel responsible for deciding which new vaccines will be added to the schedule. They had essentially been captured by industry. Wow, raven, I saw your hand was raised. Please speak on this.
Speaker 10: So pretty much he's like shook the community by saying he says that the CDC covered up internal study which found and thirty five percent increase in autism. Bricks for Hepta B vaccine specifically, he needed that vaccine. They're wanting most people, myself included, want the actual data on the MMR and the DETAP. But it's a huge win for at least for the community of like coming forward and saying, hey, like there is something going on. Because the people that I've spoken out about it, a lot of the doctors have unlived themselves or disappeared or renakeed on what they've said or things like that. But if you look at the Trump just spoke about it just the other day with RFK. He was saying, like when he first started back in the day, it was like one number. Now it's like one in thirty two people or something. One in thirty two kids or thirty five kids or something has autism. And it's like at some point, you know, we all have to look at what's happening. It's not just autism though, it's it's all different types of disorders, and autoimmune disorders is a huge thing. There's tons of things that have increased by like two hundred plus percent in the last decade or two, and it's like, okay, clearly it you know, look at the food, look at the water supply, look at the vaccine schedule, look at all this stuff. But by him like scrupling down on the vaccines, it's it's a huge thing. Like, I mean, a lot of people are waiting for the studies to drop. That's pretty much what he goes on about with Tuckercarls, and he talks about a lot of other stuff, but that the main point is that he came out and said that it's one and thirty five percent increase because the heptitis B.
Speaker 1: They started implementing B. Correct me if I'm wrong, But this was in the eighties or was it the seventies. Maybe I'm trying to remember when they started making that more of a I.
Speaker 10: Think it was the eighties because the eighties so like eighty eight and eighty nine, the vaccines changed. In ninety two is when Gates and Fauci got their hands heavy in the vaccines, and they were like the original vaccines the way they were created in like the seventies and stuff. They didn't have the same additives as they do now. And that's the big conversation. I think people are missing when it comes to anti vax and BAX conversation is everyone's fighting against each other, and it's like, why don't we just actually talk about why did they change the chemical makeup and why don't we go back to something that we know doesn't have heavy metals that impacts different parts of the brain that cause the autoimmune issues? Like why are we not going after a big farmer that can't be sued for vaccine injuries? Why are we not talking about all the children that have them? And like myself included with a child that had vaccine injuries, like I felt for the same thing everyone else said, you need to vaccinate your kid. Okay, I really didn't feel comfortable with Cheryl keep doing it. And he suddenly woke up with all this crap, like he started to get sick and then a week later he started having all these issues and I was like, yeah, my child was fine, so that was the only thing to change. But that's a that's kind of the big conversation right now, and a lot of people that are anti that are vaccining people are now kind of questioning like, hey, well, maybe there's something to this. If this is really starting to come out as truth, which is huge because anti vaxers are looked at as crazy people, which it's it's you know, they can go to extremes, just like the left and the right. There's extreme vaccinators, extreme anti vaxx. Like I think they're to be a healthy middle in between.
Speaker 1: I agree with you one hundred percent, and it's that's the thing. The anti vaxx movement was made public by the crazies, right. It wasn't from logical people who have children who had vaccine injuries and things like that. The first time we ever heard about anti vaxers was from the screaming heads on one side or the other. And that's the problem, right, the squeaky wheel gets the oil, and unfortunately those that are talking the loudest typically get the most attention, which really sucks when it comes to something like this Because I agree with you. I think that there's a place for vaccines. The polio, measles and mumps, all these things, like, we eradicated a lot of really horrible diseases from vaccinations. However, this was before they started putting in a lot of extra additives to it. And this is we didn't have nearly the rate of autism in the thirties, forties, and fifties that we do today. I'm not saying it's one hundred perc link to vaccines, but there is a clear correlation between it, like indiscernibly connected between them. And even if it's not just the vaccines that you're giving the children. Even further proof of this, most veterans that I know that deployed to Afghanistan or Iraq have at least one child with some sort of autoimmune five motor skill issues, something on the spectrum of autism or anything like that. And they were trying to deny that that was a thing for so long. But I mean, it's hard to find a veteran that deployed that doesn't have a child that is suffering from some sort of issue in some way, shape or form. At this point, there's too much research out there for them to ignore and just push under the rug like this.
Speaker 10: So the vaccine was created. Heavy vaccine was created an eighty one release in eighty two, And in regard to the vaccines for deploying or receipts, when I went to the VA, I had a real frink conversation with them and I was like, you know, I talked to a couple of the doctors that were doing the screenings and I was like, so are we going to ever be able to bring up the amount of vaccines that they gave us and what it does to our bodies and like what it's done to you know, our egg our eggs and our semen and stuff like that, like you know, for everybody. And they're like, there's no way we could ever like they'll ever let that happen. We've tried to bring it up, but that would mean every service member period ever is connected to some type because of all the different vaccines that you're given, because like when you go live over seas and oknaw, you're given way more vaccines than people that live in stateside. Then when you deploy, you get more vaccines and you get pills on top of that, and it's like there's just so much And like by the end of the time I was in I was questioning everything giving me and I was like, what are you giving me? Like why do I need this? I've already received smallpox. What was the point of getting another smallpox, like a live virus? I had already gotten it, So why do I need two of.
Speaker 1: Them like it.
Speaker 10: You know, it's just like the COVID vaccine. I want the Stars vaccine, the original. What is covid derivative from and dreaded from? And I'm like, why would I need a COVID vaccine? I had the actual like mother of it, So what's the point of that? Like, it's just never made any sense to me. But I mean that's the thing. It's it's a money making business. Making people sick is what they do, and they want to keep people being sick. And it's not just a vaccine. So I mean, we really have to look at all the components that's in our society. And I think that's where people get all hung up as like you're blaming just vaccines. I'm not blaming just vaccines. What about what they're putting in food? What about the screen time? What are they you know, all of this stuff is playing into what's happening with the children. But I will say, like the Gardasil vaccine is one of the worst vaccines ever. If anyone's even considering giving it to your children, please do research into it. I wrote a massive, like forty page paper about this damn vaccine, and it is terrible, Like they really strongly suggest people don't ever let their kids get them.
Speaker 1: No, I agree with you one hundred percent. There's there's way more at play than just vaccines. But like, the conversation has to start somewhere, and it has to start somewhere with documented scientific data to back it up. And I feel like vaccines are a very good jumping point for the rest of the conversation to begin. But like you said, it's a money making operation and they will never release the data. Although RFK is talking about them releasing the data, let's hope and pray that they actually do these things. They also said they would release all the JFK files and all of the UFO files and all these other things. We're still waiting on this. They swore the Epstein list was going to be released now we got cash, but telling Dan bon Gino saying there's nothing to release. I I hope that RFK is going to stay on this, But I mean he has been on this conversation for better part of two decades now three, so I hope he doesn't change course at this time and we actually see the data. Tony, go ahead, brother.
Speaker 3: Yeah. When RFK wrote the book, the real Anthony Fauci two or three years ago. About two hundred pages in the book were dedicated to AIDS and the proposition that HIV does not actually cause AIDS, something I'd never heard of before. But apparently one of the discoverers who won the Nobel Prize for discovering HIV did not believe it caused AIDS, and it's amazing that he put that out there, and nobody in the mainstream media asked him about that. It was more of his criticism of Fauci over over COVID. They got all the attention, but Fauci really got his career started with HIV and AIDS. He started a little before that, but AIDS was considered a form of cancer until he got it designated as a viral infection. And when it was designated as such, that's when research was done into finding an AIDS vaccine, right, and that never panned out, And it's probably because AIDS isn't really a viral disease. But these guys, they're trying to tap into the religious part of people's brains, which are associated with healthcare, and they want to be seen as these heroic, godlike figures who can cure disease and on a pretty large chunk of the population it works.
Speaker 1: I agree. I mean it's when Fauci really got into the whole AIDS conversation. He was trying to push a certain drug, rimdzevie rimdesevir. I might be mispronouncing it. I don't know, but this he pushed and I think it might be something that he created as a matter of fact, and it was going to be the cure for AIDS or the cure for HIV. Well that didn't work. Well, it was a cure for AIDS, well that didn't work. Well, it was the cure for this well, that didn't work. He has been trying to find a way to plug this drug to fix something out there, and every single time it goes through a clinical trial to show that it does something to help prevent or help fight some sort of issue that a person is having, it is shown to be basically rat poison, and he is still promoting it like it's some sort of a miracle drug for what we don't know, but we're gonna find out it is. It's mind blowing. It's mind blowing that these people are building a giant monument to him in the CDC right now. It Oh, it blows my mind. Fauci is i in my personal opinion, one of the worst human beings ever ever. But yeah, go ahead, Raven.
Speaker 10: I've actually heard of what Tony's talking about. It's actually getting some popularity right now. It throughout the anti vox groups right now. That's why I just I literally just read about it two days ago. But Fauci is terrible. You can actually want like there is a article I read about him that broke down like his involvement in all different types of vaccines and how he had heavy backing by the Gates Foundation, and how when a couple other ones like the Clinton Clinton's also backed him in certain areas too. And that's the thing about it, though, Like it's it's when you start looking at when people started getting sicker and you start following the money trail, It's like, clearly there is an agenda at play. Whatever that agenda is, Is it to make people more sick? Is it to make kids have more issues to where that way they have long term disabilities that are going to be money makers? I mean it, who knows. But the conversation at least is being opened up now. If people will actually listen is a whole other thing, because the smear campaign on RFK is massive, and like him even saying this is huge, and it's like, it's not taking away from anyone that has a child that has a disability. Hell, I have a child that has disabilities, and you know it's not taking that away. It's having the conversation as hey, maybe there's something wrong with this, and maybe we should look at why they're wrong with the original polio vaccine is safe, like the one that they were using in the seventies is safe. Like there's certain things that are safe about some vaccines, but now the vaccines aren't safe, and you can look at it with COVID. Cod is a great example of everyone trying to shove it down your throat and calling you all this stuff. I mean, hell, they were on genesid, like on the verge of having a genocide conversation about people that didn't get vaccines, and I mean we were, we were a hair breath away from that being a vibe. And it's like, okay, but you wanted to say all this. Now, look at all these people that are dying, look at all of what they've come out and said that, like Hey, by the way, we were wrong, we screwed up. But like it's whatever, now, just keep pumping it out. That's that's not okay. But you know, who knows that people are actually going to listen to anything.
Speaker 1: I'm happy that the information is becoming more of a conversation piece. Right, it's not. It's not a social taboo to have your own opinion on vaccines. It was prior to COVID and during COVID, Oh my god, you're right, there was. I mean people may think, like, you just said the genocidal conversation, Well they never said that. Yes they did, Yes they did. There was multiple news anchors, multiple conversations. I even remember having with people. It's like, well, if you don't get the vaccine, you should just go die and save the rest of us, and like we don't need to catch it from you. And it's like, if you have the vaccine, you shouldn't worry about catching it, right, But even saying that was seen as like a huge social taboo and all of these things. Now that truth is coming out, I am happy that more and more people are starting to actually think critically about what they're putting in their bodies. But I feel like it's not enough. Honestly, if some sort of a oh, COVID two point zero came out, and no I don't mean the the you know gamma and delta and theta and all these other variants of COVID, they they lost their credibility on that one. But if some new disease came out, I'm hoping that more people would think critically before they would just jump to go get jabbed. But I also feel like we would be sorely let down by these people. Right. The study showed that eighty one percent of Americans got at least one shot, and somewhere around sixty five percent got more than one shot. That's mind blowing to me that that many people. And yeah, some of these people they thought they were doing the right thing and they didn't actually do their research because there wasn't a lot of research that was out to the public. Okay, some of these people were threatened that if they didn't get this vaccine, they couldn't return to work or something along these lines, And like, I I think that's abhorrent that they did that to the people. I get this. I am currently I hope that somewhere around maybe twenty percent would go get the shot if some new virus quote unquote, sickness quote unquote whatever came out. I also, I feel like society is so far gone that it would be probably closer to over fifty percent would jump at the opportunity before doing any further research. Now, granted that's a lot less than eighty one percent, but that still doesn't give me a lot of hope for the future. But anyway, Raven Goohead, I think.
Speaker 10: That depending on how aggressive and how deadly the situation would be, as how many people would get it. I mean, this was a whole thing really a training operation. Yeah, And that's what I kept telling people while we were in COVID. I was like, look at the characteristics of what's going on. This is little like a training op. They're using, you, like, using everyone globally to see how people would respond, to see how easily people are manipulated, to see how they can turn the tides with the media, to see what they can push and what can't they push. Like, standing six feet apart, explain to me how the fuck that's actually gonna do anything. We wearing wearing a cloth mask that was proven to not be effective. Yet people even now are still wearing masks even now. And that was the whole thing. Like me and my girlfriend, I mean literally got like the cops calling us in Barnes and Noble because we wouldn't mask up. And I was like explain to me, like, really, give me actual scientific data, proof that isn't bought and paid for by a big farmer, that isn't swayed, and then and then I'll comply. But until that point, I'm not going to be a blind sheets following this along. And that's kind of like how the whole you know, vaccine situation is going on. Is what RFK was saying, is that the studies are bought and paid for. You can't get realistic studies because statistics can be swayed so easily by a single number that changes the graphs that make it look even worse. Because if they're being bought and paid for by by people that are that are from big pharma, then how are we ever going to get realistic data that actually shows what's really happening. That's why varus is so like they're trying to get more people to use it, but even that the CDC is trying to have its hand in that and control the numbers and sway what's actually being collected on that platform.
Speaker 1: So yeah, regardless, I mean the whole mass thing. I forget which comedian said it, but also I can't find a fault in this, and not to detract from the seriousness of what we're talking about here, but also in the same spirit, so the cloth mask, that's not effective. They were literally telling us to breathe less moistly. That was an actual quote unquote official that was telling us to do that. And it's like, wait, do what the comedian basically said, like, all right, if I was to fart right now, I'm going through at least two layers of cloth, and I promise you'll be able to smell it. What do you think this mask is going to actually do? Like real talk, it doesn't prevent anything. The virus is small enough to get through it. It doesn't help anything. It might keep your hands away from your face, but not really because most of the time you're adjusting the mask, which is making your hands go closer to your face. More just speaking on it. Hell, I remember the first time we even heard anything about that. It was some scientists, some doctor who was telling people to keep their hands away from their faces, right. That was the big thing. In the speech where he was talking about this, they had account of how many times his hand went by his face. And then at the end of it they even told him this. Somebody from the crowd of press conference or something said this, and He's like, as you can see, it's rather difficult to do, but we all as a society have to make an effort. And it's like you, you know that we can hear you and see you, and like people bought it. People bought it, hook line and sinker. I would hope, like I said, that more people are aware of these things and wouldn't jump to this conclusion so quickly. And like you said, I think it would affect. It would be depended upon the effectiveness and severity of the new sickness. But I mean, even still, even if it was another round of the flu, which is all COVID actually was. I don't know. I've lost so much faith in society that I feel like over half of the American population would jump at the opportunity to get some new jab regardless of what studies did or didn't exist in favor of it. So I don't know. I hope I'm wrong. But you know, as we're talking about that, you actually pulled up another article which I think kind of ties into this one. As far as the American society just going along with it, not thinking for themselves, I'm gonna go ahead and share the screen again. This is a study from MIT that found that chat GPT is making people dumber. Eighty three percent of chat GPT users can't recall what they just wrote. So let's talk about this, shall we. A new study out of MIT is raising serious questions about what heavy chat GPT used might be doing to our brains. Researchers found that most people who rely on the AI tool for writing are struggling to stay mentally engaged, and many can't even remember what they wrote minutes later. The paper, titled your Brain on Chat GPT Accumulation of cognitive debt when using an AI assistant for essay writing task tracks how many are how the human brain behaves when it leans too heavily on AI. The results a drop in neural activity, memory gaps, and loss of original thought. I'm caller me shocked. Let's go AI amnesia chatpyt GPT is making you dumber? What the MIT study found MIT Researchers studied how using large language models like chat GPT affect the brain and writing behavior. Participants were split into three groups. One us an LLM that'd be a large language model, another used a search engine, and a third wrote without tools. Over four sessions, they completed essays tasks essay tasks while their brain activity was tracked using EEG. Here's the key findings. Brain only participants had the strongest neural activity and the best memory. Recall I can I can believe that large language model users showed the weakest brain connectivity and struggled to remember their own writing. Yeah, I believe this too. When LM users switched to writing without AI in the final session, their brain engagement dropped even further. So it actually was doing damage to their brain. It's not like it was just not being used during that time. Even after they weren't using chat GPT, their brain wasn't able to do as much as it could before they started using it. Wow. People who started without tools and then used LMS showed better cognitive performance than full time AI users. LM users reported the lowest sense of ownership over their writings. Yeah, I could believe that one hundred percent AI versus human brain the MIT findings. The experiment followed fifty four participants, mainly college students in the Boston area. Oh wow, okay, let's consider the source of the subject, shall we. But anyway, as they completed four writing sessions, one group used chat gpt V four to another used Google Search, and a third wrote without any assistance. During the sessions, the researchers use EEG's headsets to monitor brain activity across thirty two regions. The essays were scored by teachers and AI judges, but the real story came from what was happening inside the participants' heads. By the fourth session, the group switched roles. Chat GPT users had to go without it, while the brain only group got to try it for the first time. That twist revealed just how dependent some users had become on AI. While there's a direct quote here from the MIT paper. While LM's offer immediate convenience, our findings highlight potential cognitive costs. For four months, LLM users consistently underperformed at neural, linguistic, and behavioral levels. These results raised concern about the long term educational implement implications of LLM reliance and underscore the need for a deeper inquiry into AI's role in learning. This is what the MIT paper said. Wow, the warning signs. The numbers are hard to ignore. Brain activity fell off a cliff. Chat GPT users showed significantly less neuro connectivity, especially in alpha and theta waves, signals tied to memory, creativity, and deep thinking. In fact, the number of active neural connections dropped from seventy nine to forty two. Memory all but vanished. A staggering eighty three percent of chat GPT users couldn't recall what they wrote minutes earlier. In contrast, just ten percent of the non AI and Google Search users had similar recall issues. Wow, okay, so writing loss its spark. Teachers called the AI assistant essays soulless and bland. Many users copy and paste of the AI's output without editing, resulting in flat generic writing. Well, I mean, yeah, what else would you do with an AI model. You're not gonna use it for research. You're gonna do it. You're gonna use it to make your entire paper for you, and you just read it, and it's just what it is at that point, right. AI dependents came at a cost when chat GPT group had to write without it, Their brain showed signs of cognitive fatigue, they struggled to engage, and had weaker performance. Overall, people felt disconnected from their own work. Users relied on chat GBT reported lower satisfaction with what they produced and felt less ownership over their writing. Again, yeah, that's what happens when you play darize. But anyway, so what's going on the research team says this is more about convenience, or yeah, this is more about more than convenience. It's about offloading mental effort. When people start a task with AI from the get go, they tend to stop thinking deeply, planning, analyzing, revising, Those steps fade away. Lead research and Natalia Kami's cosmin Nah cosmina. Yeah, summed up, summed it up bluntly. The task was executed and you could say that it was efficient and convene, but you basically didn't integrate any of it into your own memory networks. The EEG data backs it up. Chat GPT users show lower activity and brain areas involved in decision making and long term memory. Meanwhile, the brain only group lit up those regions, suggesting deeper cognitive involvement. Interestingly, the search group sat in the middle. While search engines still offer outside help, they require users to think more formulating questions, scanning results, and evaluating sources. Chat GPT, on the other hand, gives a clean output with minimal effort. Now what this means for schools and workplaces? The implications go beyond academia. Students who rely to heavily on AI might see their writing skills deteriorate, and in the workplace, team teams banking on AI for reports or communication could be short circuited or short circuiting their own creativity. Wow, so it does go on to say it's not all bad when you used the right way. To be clear, the study doesn't say that chat GPT is inherently harmful. When the brain only participants got to use it in the fourth session, their brain activity spiked. That group already had a strong foundation, and they used AI to build on their own ideas, not replace them. Even chat GPT itself responded with some self awareness asking about the study, It replied, this study doesn't say chat GPT is inherently harmful. Rather, it warrants against the over alliance without reflection or effort. You strategically the tool can boost productivity and creativity, but when hand over. But when people hand over the entire process from the start, they risk losing the mental muscles needed to think independently. Yeah. No, I absolutely agree with what they have found. Gol Okay, that was a solid fine Raven, thank you for sharing that with the group. Good God almighty. Uh ooh oh wait a minute, Tony had something here. There is the this whole Candace Owen's phone call with Trump from February. She reposted one guy's impression. All right, let's go see that. Then hold on. That sounds good. Uh oh no, where's it at? Okay, let's see this when Donald Trump asked real Candace Owens for a favor. Let's listen in.
Speaker 9: Hi, Candae, how are you? It's Donald just wanted to say hello, see how you doing. Make sure that everything's okay. After I saw that little speech that you gave. This was a nasty thing you did. Well. It was nasty because you took a perfect phone call and you said something happened that never ever happened. You know that better than anybody. Yeah, that's what I wanted to talk to you about. Quite frankly, just wondering if you could do me a little favor and maybe just shut the fuck up about mccrone's wife and Dick. Could you do that? Would you be able to do that for me?
Speaker 1: Please? Yeah?
Speaker 9: I know about that, but I was pretty close to her and I never saw man. I saw something in her pants, but I don't know what it was. I mean, it could be, and if it was, i'd like you know in about two weeks. But for now, can you just shut the fuck up about it? Because I'm in the middle of a negotiation with Macron to end the Ukraine War. I promised it'll be ended within twenty four hours and it's a little late, but I'm in a negotiation, so i'd appreciate it if you could stop.
Speaker 1: Talking about it. That'll be lovely, Thank you very much.
Speaker 9: By the way, Macron did have a little bit of danger for on his shoulder, but that's not the first time. Yeah, if you want as a little reward, I'll come when you show. You know, I'm great for ratings. But if you keep this up, you're starting to sound like your kookie friend took her colls and then I said, you'll be kookie Candy. So you want to be known as Kookie Candy's I don't think so.
Speaker 1: I don't think so. For the love of God, I don't know what I was expecting. But okay, thank you for bringing a little, uh comedic relief to the conversation. Tony Good God Almighty.
Speaker 3: So for anyone who doesn't know, Candace Owans did an episode yesterday saying that back in February, the reason she drops this whole Brigit Macrone discussion was because a Trump advisor called her and asked her to stop. And then she claims that Trump himself called her and delivered a message similar to what's in that little impression there, because he was talking to Macron and Macrone was saying that Macron might be able to help get the Ukraine war ended. Now, a lot of people don't believe Candace Owans at all in this, and I don't know what to believe. She could be making it up, or she could be, you know, misinterpreting it, but I tend to actually believe her. I believe I find it believable that something like this may have actually happened.
Speaker 1: I believe Brigitte's a dude. I fully fully support that idea.
Speaker 3: Yeah, she did a six part series on it, and I only have kind of fuzzy memory of it now, But Brigitte McCrone has almost no childhood photos and what little exists might have just been created decades later. And her brother, Jean Michele trug No, appears to have been born and grown up and then goes out of existence right about the time that Brigitte appears with lots of evidence of her existence. And the six part series is it does a really good job have proven to me. Anyway, I found it very persuasive that Brigitte was actually Jean Michel a man and he transitioned to a woman. And Jean Michel is probably actually Emmanuel mcrone's father. And there is another, you know like sibling of McCrone. It was not acknowledged as such, but he looks just like him. So yeah, anyway, I don't think Macrone even had the ability to end the Ukraine War, but he was trying to do some horse trading with Trump, and I think he really wanted this story to go away. So I find it believable that something like this actually happens.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Candace is Candas is a wild one. Don't get me wrong, right, I may not agree with every single thing that's ever come out of her mouth, but I do agree with most things that have And I watched the series. I gotta say it is pretty compelling. I personally can't find any holes in the logic. And if it wasn't, if it was false, they could sue her for defamation, like they could come after her and fry her alive for going at it this hard. And yet they're silent. And it's not like Candas is just some internet personnel that like no one watches. Millions and millions of people around the world listen to her, and millions and millions of people believe this statement. This would be a massive defamation lawsuit. Yet they are silent. If nothing else, that's pretty damning as far as that's concerned. They're not even they're not even acknowledging that it's real. They're not even joking about it to try to make light of it. Nothing, And it's not a good look. It is not a good look. So uh yeah, I don't know what Macrone thought he could do to end the war in Ukraine. France is nowhere near the conversation. I think they may have donated some funds and some military assets. Fine, so as a lot of countries America's donated more than them, and Trump was really trying to make a deal happen here. He finally got Zelen Zelensky rather to come to the table. Putin was about to come to the table, and then said, nevermind. The last thing I heard as far as the whole war is concerned, was the big drone strikes that took place, and then Russia retaliated, And like I said earlier, it's nothing really new to report as far as it goes, They're still fighting, dude, You're still dying. Both sides are still very very corrupt. As far as I can tell, it's same, same old same at this point.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I agree, it's grinding along kind of slowly. Russia takes more territory very slowly. I did not realize until this week they didn't have one hundred percent of Lugansk, but they just got the last little bit this week. And they also took territory that included some kind of rare earth mineral. Mind that Zelenski had promised was going to be exporting stuff to the United States, and now he can't use it for that anymore.
Speaker 1: Right, He's starting to lose more bargaining chips, and I think that was another thing. Putin didn't want us to put business out posts there because I would have stopped his momentum. So you know, it's it's a mess. It's an absolute mess, and it's not I don't think it's gonna get wrapped up anytime soon. I hope it does. Good God, I hope it does. But this this seems like it's gonna be one of those situations that it's it's very possible that ten years from now we're going to be talking about the latest updates in Ukraine. I don't know. I hope, I'm God, I hope I'm wrong. But this thing was supposed to be two weeks and it's been three and a half years. At this point. There's nothing that sounds too crazy, So I don't know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Marching next year is what I bet three months ago.
Speaker 1: So you've been saying it happens. I hope that you're correct. As a matter of fact, that might even make it on the Cult of Conspiracy Bingo card for twenty twenty sakes. If it's not wrapped up this year, we'll put it on the Bingo card for this one. You know, we can only hope. But anyway, let's see, I think that might have been the last article that was posted. Yeah, all right, cool, which kind of perfectly timed it out. So with that, I believe we are going to wrap up this edition of the Cajun Night Live once again. I want to thank every single one of you for coming and joining me on this Wednesday Night excursion. For any of the good people listening to this on the cult to conspiracy, and if you would like to join in on the conversation next Wednesday Night at nine pm Central, come check us out. The link is in the description below At Patreon Cajun Night. There's only one tier for entry. We're trying to grow this community to where we can have these kinds of conversations at least once a week. How we might even go more frequently as time goes on, I don't know. Would be would y'all be down with going to a week on these lives or or would y'all rather it be once a week a Cajun Night episode is kind of me just rambling on by myself, or would y'all rather be all lives y'all let me know. I would love to hear back from all of y'all. But with that being said again, I am the Cajun Night and as always, good people, God bless