Speaker 1: All right, looks like we have Rich damiro Yay on the line because we got a lot to talk about.
Speaker 2: Good morning Rich, Hey, good morning to you Amy.
Speaker 1: Okay, So we got a Nintendo switch to I bet a lot of parents are well, I bet a lot of kids are excited.
Speaker 3: Their parents are ready to fork over some cash.
Speaker 1: So let's talk about it because it's it's sort of a long awaited release.
Speaker 4: Yeah, this has been eight years in the making since the original one came out. And yeah, tonight, tonight, so it's interesting it actually launches. And I'm really bad at this stuff, but it's midnight Thursday, which is actually like nine pm tonight Pacific. So retailers like best Buy, Walmart, they are going to have this tonight game stop Target. And yes, it does launch at midnight, but I think that's on the East Coast, so that's apparently nine pm. Here, four hundred and fifty dollars for the console. Five hundred dollars if you want the bundle. That is what the experts are saying to get because the games are pricey on this or from seventy to ninety dollars.
Speaker 2: Of course, it's going to be improved.
Speaker 4: It's got a bigger screen, it's got better resolution, better frame rate, faster magnetic attaching controllers.
Speaker 2: So there's a lot to like here.
Speaker 4: It's going to be kind of a big deal for gamers because this is a long time coming.
Speaker 1: Like you said, Okay, you mentioned bigger screen. Don't you play it on just a TV?
Speaker 4: Well, the thing about the switch that's kind of unique is that it works as both the portable.
Speaker 2: Gaming system and it can connect to your TV.
Speaker 4: And that's kind of the magic that Nintendo invented a couple of years ago.
Speaker 2: So that's what's pretty cool about this.
Speaker 1: Okay, So I heard that they're already sold out. All the pre orders are sold out, So can you get one good question?
Speaker 4: Pre orders are sold out, but that does not mean that the stores will not have them tonight. The pre order people will get them, but they're going to of course, like any other event that I've been to in the you know, many years I've been covering this, the stores want people there in person, so they will have you know, it might be limited.
Speaker 2: We don't know, you know, we don't know what the stock is on this.
Speaker 4: It could be that everyone that goes tonight gets We just don't know until it happens, so we will find out soon enough. Of course, pre orders, yes, have sold out instantly pretty much every time, but there will be some stock tonight for sure.
Speaker 1: Okay, but that's part of the fun of it. When it's something that's so much anticipated like this is going and getting in line and seeing if you can get.
Speaker 4: One, and yeah, except it could be pretty stressful. I think, I know, I know some people that really want one of these tonight, and it's you know, it's very strategic. Where do I go, What time do I get there? How long am I going to wait in line? When do they tell you that there's nothing. Some of these places you're using raffles, which means even if you're this first person in line, you still may not get it because the thirtieth person might win the raffle. So it just sort of depends.
Speaker 3: I don't like that raffle idea.
Speaker 2: Personally me either me either.
Speaker 1: I'm like, if you're going to get there early in camp out, you should be first in line.
Speaker 4: Yeah. I think the last time I camped out for one of these things was the PlayStation two, which goes to show you how long I've been doing this.
Speaker 1: Okay, so let's move on and talk about it's called wis is new light bulb Camera.
Speaker 3: So it's a tricky little gadget.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think they're going to sell a gazillion of these.
Speaker 2: It's so brilliant.
Speaker 4: Think about this, a light bulb that screws into a socket, but at the end there is a small security camera on it. So now anywhere you have a light bulb socket, you can install a camera without wires, without solar, without batteries. And the thing about this amy is that people buy these things like crazy on Amazon. They usually cost about thirty bucks, but they come from these really off brands that nobody knows. You know, who's making these things, and how good the security is. This is a major company and for what's this price, fifty dollars.
Speaker 2: That's not bad.
Speaker 4: And you can connect up to five of them, so you can actually have additional light bulbs that are seventeen dollars each. And then if the camera sees motion, it'll turn on all the light bulbs. So it's a really smart little system without a lot of wiring.
Speaker 1: Okay, and then does it also it's got the cameras on it, so then do you see what's going on on your phone?
Speaker 3: Kind of like a ring.
Speaker 4: Camera exactly, so you can see on your phone, you can use the app, or it can also record locally, so if you don't want to pay any subscription fees, it can record onto a memory card built into the device, or I guess you put it into the device. The only problem with that is we know amy that if someone stole the camera, they would also steal the memory card. So that's why they sell the cloud backup option, which is three dollars a month if you want your clips to go to the cloud. So if someone stole the camera, at least you would still have the clip in the cloud.
Speaker 3: Okay, and it's sold by Yswyze.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and they're pretty well known.
Speaker 4: They've had a couple of little security issues in the past, but they've really polished those up. So I have no problem suggesting that this is a recommendation of a good camera. I have to test it out, but seems like a really good solution.
Speaker 3: Okay. Perfect.
Speaker 1: Then a Photoshop, which we all know what that is, but I didn't know it wasn't available on Android, but now it's going to be.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Photoshop launched a version of their mobile app on the iPhone A couple months ago and everyone was like, wait, what about Android? What about Android? And now, yes, you can get it on Android. It's a beta version of the app, so not every feature is there, but it brings a lot of those like photoshop features people love to Android phones, like layering, masking, you can select little objects, you can sort of get blemishes off of people or whatever, you know, erase something from a picture. And of course everyone is all about these AI features, so Firefly is their version of AI. They have a generative fill feature, which means, let's say you take a picture in front of a mountain background, you'd rather be in front of an ocean. You can literally erase the mountains and add an ocean.
Speaker 2: So it's free.
Speaker 4: Right now, you can get on Android and it will be free during the beta period and most of the features are I guess many of the features will remain free, but at some point they will introduce some paid features to okay.
Speaker 1: And then you've got a new voice to text app for iPhone users, which what do you need that? Because I do the voice to text on my iPhone all the time and I don't have a specific app for it, and.
Speaker 4: Are you correcting what it does? All the time, like I am, well, yes, it's horrible. I mean it's really bad.
Speaker 3: It's bad, but it's not as bad as my typing.
Speaker 4: No, and it's a little bit faster. And yes, to Apple's credit, it has gotten better. But if you try this, it is called whisper flow WISPR. I will put the link on my website rich on tech dot tv because people are just searching and finding different things. But there is an official app.
Speaker 2: I'm not kidding Amy.
Speaker 4: This is single handedly the best app I've ever downloaded on the iPhone.
Speaker 2: Really, it is so good.
Speaker 4: I'm telling you. It gets the punctuation right. It gets the proper nouns right. If you say so pull it a boulevard, it will get it. Or if you say lasienga like I used to say it before I moved to california'll get that right.
Speaker 2: But this is really cool. It's free to.
Speaker 4: Use for the basic features, and I'm not kidding it is it is so perfect because it does use AI.
Speaker 2: So there's a little quirk.
Speaker 4: About how you have to activate it every time, which is kind of annoying, but it does work, and it's just try it out see if you like it.
Speaker 2: It's it's really really cool.
Speaker 3: Okay, whisper flow without.
Speaker 2: The H exactly.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 1: That is all the great tech advice from our tech guy, Rich DeMuro. You can hear him every weekend on a show called Rich on Tech right here on KFI Saturdays. It's from eleven to two. Of course, you can see him. We love seeing you on KTLA. You can follow him on Instagram at rich on Tech. And everything that we've talked about here and what he talks about on KTLA, you can find all that information on his website, rich on tech dot TV.
Speaker 3: Thanks so much, Rich d'murro.
Speaker 2: Thanks for having me. Amy, have a great day you too,