Speaker 1: Hello, and welcome to Psychic Teachers. I'm your host Samantha Fay and I'm Dad Bowen. We're so happy to have you join us again. This week, we are continuing our discussion of psychic tools, so we hope you listened last week where we covered crystals, pendulums, psychometry, dreams. This week we're going to be covering oracle cards to row Rune's tea leaves and palmistry. Oracle cards, I think are probably the most common psychic tool we think of when we talk about ways to enhance your intuition. People have looked to answers with the cards for centuries. The trou dates back to well, we don't really know when. That's how old it is. Noted psychologist Carl Jung use the tourou to help get in touch with archetypes. He believes the toureau was quote an intuitive method that has the purpose of understanding the flow of life, possibly even predicting future events, as all events lending itself to the reading of the conditions of the present moment. Today, there are oracle cards on everything from angels to animals and roomy to Jane Austen. My kids got me in Jane Austin Turot deck over the holidays, so you can find Touro cards on really anything. Even a normal deca playing cards has its origins in the tourou, with the suits representing the minor arcana cards from the tourou. So the minor arconic cards of the touau are broken into pentacles, swords, cups, and wands, and in a deck of playing cards, the pentacles are diamonds, wands or clubs, swords, spades, and cups or hearts. When using oracle cards, there are several spreads to choose from, such as the Tree of Life or the Celtic Cross. One of the most simplest ones to begin with is a past, Present, future reading, where you shuffle the deck while thinking of your question and then pull three cards, with the first representing the past, the second is the present, and the third points to the future outcomes. It's a really effective way to help us get out of our own way in order to get in touch with our higher self and inner guidance. A great way to learn how to use the deck oracle cards is to simply ask each morning, what do I need to know today and pick a card to symbolize your day, deb Why don't you tell us a little bit more about to row in particular.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, you know, I could go on and on and on about this, but I'll try to condense some of it, just to give some folks some general ideas. Oracle cards don to row are different. To row is a kind of oracle, but many oracles are not to row. The difference has to do in the structure. Toro is structured with, as Samantha has mentioned, the four suits of the minor arkana, then the major arcana are cards with names that we often think of when we think of Turo the fool, the high Priest, is the Empress, Death, but Devil the world cards, so forth and so on. We, as Samantha said, don't know how old Touro is. One theory is that it was brought out of India by the Romani people and then went into Egypt and then across Europe. There are many many versions of Toro over many centuries, beginning before the Middle Ages. The most recent deck from the Middle Ages that we still have parts of is the Marseille deck. It's in a museum. The most famous to Row deck and the one that is the foundation for all other modern to Row decks, as far as I know, is the way Rider deck created in the early nineteen hundreds. Fortunately, the name of that deck is being changed by a lot of practitioners and then to include the woman who actually did the drawings, and her name was Pamela Coleman Smith, better known as Pixie. So a lot of folks these days are calling that the Weight Coleman Writer Deck. The Writer comes basically from the name of the original publisher that published the deck for a weight at the turn of the nineteen hundreds. That deck today, the Weight Coleman Writer Deck, is published by a company called US Games. And the man who was the chairman of US Games died last week and really was a strong proponent of psychic work and psychic tools and to row, and Stuart Kaplan really is somebody that I think wrote a lot of books, and I think we need to honor the work that he did to promote the use of to row.
Speaker 1: In our world.
Speaker 2: In any case, Toureau is a divination tool, and that's what most folks think of when they think of Touro. They think in terms of reading throw to answer questions we don't know or why Toro works. I tell my students that on the very first night of our class, in my intro class, I hold up a card and I say, what I am holding in my hand is a piece of cardboard covered in plastic. That's what I have in my hand. And yet it is so much for and we don't know why, and we don't know how it works, and we don't know and how those symbols work. And that's one of the reasons that I am so foam at the mouth pragmatic about insisting on using the Way Home and Smith Wrider deck is because the symbols on those cards come from so many world cultures and bring together in such a beautiful way symbols and beliefs and practices from world mythologies and religions and cultures all on those cards. So there's Christian and Hebraic thought, this Celtic thought, Roman and Egyptian mythology, one Hindu symbol in the deck. And I love that. That's one of the gifts for me that Toro gives us is it brings so much information together from so many sources, and I love the common ground that Terro helps us create when we do a reading. However, there are also many other ways that you can use to row. You can use to row as a meditation tool. It's a great meditation tool. That's one of the things again that I really recommend my students do is meditate with the energy of a key every day and see what comes up. They're great writing prompts. They offer so many other resources to us in addition to reading. I've had students who took my course and thought that they wanted to do readings and then realized that that's really not where their interest was. They really were much more interested in the history of too or in the other ways of working with Toro. Toro also tells us stories. He gives us the legend of the Holy is hidden in the Terureau, for example. It tells us about our own journeys. The hero's journey, for example, that Joseph Campbell writes about. You can trace that through the major Arcana as the fool, which is called Zero, works his way through the other cards in the major Arcana to find himself at the world at the end in a journey of emotional and physical and spiritual trials and tribulations. I Lovetero. Can you tell I love the gift that Tereu gives us as a divination tool, as a psychic tool, I think it's a great aid, but I also love some of the other gifts that Tereu gives us.
Speaker 1: There's so much to look into with Tuo that it can feel overwhelming and daunting at first, but if you take it day by day, it can really be a psychic tool that's with you for life.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, and I say that to my students. Don't get overwhelmed. It is a lifelong journey. It is a lifelong relation ship. You don't have to, nor can you, in my humble opinion, learn it all in one week. No. I say this too. Every single time I teach a class, I learned something new about to Row. I see something in a different way because my students teach me and to Row is always teaching me.
Speaker 1: And that's what's so fun about it all of this is there's always something new to learn.
Speaker 2: True.
Speaker 1: Before we dive into our next psychic tool ruins, we're going to take our first break. We'll be right back.
Speaker 2: Hi, everybody. I wanted to let you know that I am working on some new courses coming up in the near future. But in the meantime, I'm also offering some other things that you might be interested in. For example, on my website you can find links to numerology reports, animal guide reports, and e booklets about guarding with the Spirit of the Plant Kingdom, with working with Moon energy, working with the major arcana and crystals. So take a look my website Stepbowen dot com. And while you're there on my website, i'd love it if you'd subscribe to my free substack and visit. With Merlin's picture on my website homepage, I think you'll like looking at him. Stepbowen dot com. Thanks so much, everybody.
Speaker 1: Now our next divination tool. We did a show on last year, but we thought we'd review it since we're doing our back to Basic series. The runes are a really cool way to amplify and get to know your intuition better. It's very ancient, just like to row. No one really knows where, when, or how they originated. We do know that there are cave drawings depicting runs that go back to thirteen hundred BC. The word comes from an old Norse word called runa, which means secret or mystery. The practice of throwing runs dates back to the first century Germanic tribes inscribed Italic alphabets on stones for divination purposes. Some believe the ruins were given to the Norse by their god Odin. The ruins themselves are very powerful symbols of forces in the cosmos. The origin of the word run is rooted in both letter and secret and mystery, so you can consult the runs for insight into a problem or to gain deeper understanding into your sole purpose. Runes typically come in a velvet pouch. A common way to use the ruins is to gently shake the bag while thinking of your question, and then you simply pull three ruins to represent past, present, in future. Alternately, you can pull three runs to represent the problem, the challenge, and the outcome. There are several types of runs to choose from. The Elder Foth arch is the most common set of ruins that you'll find in stores. It's a really good beginner set, but there's also several other such as the Hungarian runs and the Turkic runs. For the creed person. You can make your own runs by carving the symbols on stones, or even writing them on papers or stones you find around your yard or on your walk.
Speaker 2: My lovely friend Linda, who is an amazing stained glass artist and an artist in her soul in so many other ways, gathered us one evening for an INUK ritual some years ago, and a craft's portion of the evening which you always know you're going to have with Linda and a ritual is she wanted us to create our own set of runs using pumpkin seeds. I thought I was going to lose my mind.
Speaker 1: That's very tiny. That's a very tiny run.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that just did not. But I'm just saying that for some of our listeners out there who are thinking, golly, I'd like to create my own set of runs, there is the pumpkin seed method. I'm just saying, well.
Speaker 1: There you go. I think it's good to note that if you want to use the runes as a divination tool, they're not really the best tool for put the future. In the same way that Terro can't really tell time, the runes don't necessarily tell you what's going to happen in your life. They are a really good option to turn to if you need clarity on a situation or deeper insight into a problem. My favorite book on runs is by Bob Oswald, it's called discovering runs, and he says in there it is more effective to state an issue and let the runes comment on it. This will give you an appraisal of the whole issue and the reason for the cast, rather than a simple yes or no answer. So, for example, you might say, the issue is my relationship with John Doe instead of asking does John Doe like me? He also says, and I think this is true for any divination tool you use. There are occasions when the response made does not appear to fit the issue raised. This can happen when the runes have chosen to address a more serious issue than the one you posed. This may be because the more serious issue ultimately will control the lesser issue you raise. This can be useful, he continues. If you cannot decide which issue to focus on, the runes will decide for you. Oswald also recommends that you use the runs with consistency, meaning you consult them at the same time of the day, or you always light a candle, or you only handle them, allowing the runs to get comfortable with your energy. There are two basic methods for consulting the runes, the Roun spread and the rune cast. With a room spread, you select the runs for the reading from a bag and place them in a pattern to be read. In a roune spread, it's common to read the runs based on whether they fell right side up, reverse or converse, meaning face down. In a rune cast, you toss the runes onto a designated space like a cloth or a table, and read them according to their location on this designated space. In this method, you're just casting the runs across what is called a field, but it's really just a table, desk or altarcloth. Any rooms that fall outside this designated field are not part of the reading. So runes can be difficult to learn, like to row, because you have to learn their meaning, their meaning when they're reversed, and their meaning when it's converse. When runes are cast faced up, it symbolizes that the matter is clear to you or soon will be. When they appear converse, meaning face down, it indicates that something is being withheld from you, being kept secret hidden, or there's some dishonesty. If a roun shows up in a reading upright, this is often positive, whereas when they appear reversed, it can't indicate something negative or unwise for example, the bur cannon ruine upright means growth, reversed it means lack of growth or a decrease, and face down it means hidden growth. If a ruin appears face down and reverse, you have to take both interpretations into account along with the meaning of the run. So to continue our example with the bur cannon, and if it appears face down and reversed, then this means reduced growth that is being kept hidden, which could indicate someone stealing from you or lying to you. So, as you can see, there are many many layers to understanding the runes. But I think, as with any of these tools we've mentioned, once you start engaging with any tool, but especially the runes in the Toureau, they seem to engage back with you. When we first did research for a show on runes last year, I remember reading a bunch of books on the runes and consulting the ruins myself and really doing a deep dive into it for about two weeks. And I didn't think a whole lot of it. This isn't my preferred divination tool. And I remember I was just driving in the car and I looked up in the sky and there were two exes, two white exes in the clouds like clouds that you know, not clouds conrails are they called debm okay and I thought, oh my gosh, that's the ruin that means gift. And all week when I looked up in the sky, I would see those same markings, and sure enough, I had a gift come to me that week. So I just find that fascinating that when you start to dive into these tools, they often will start to engage with you in different ways.
Speaker 2: You know, Samantha, I think you're absolutely right, and I think that's true, and how wonderful that you could remember that those two ex's represented gifts, because I can't remember that, and I know I've told the story before, so I will not belabor it on this episode about my long and convoluted tempt and relationship with Rune's and how I finally passed them on to somebody to whom they did speak And I think that's wonderful. But I think that brings up a real important point I want to be sure we share with our listeners, and that is that when you are opening to your intuitive for gifts and you're really if you were kind of like me, you were a kid in a candy store and look at all the wonderful possibilities. Certainly ask your guides to help you make the decision as to which one or ones of these speak to you and resonate with you. Certainly try them, try them, and when you find that one or more does really, then dive very deeply into it. And when one does not, put it aside. It may not be for you ever, or it may be that the time isn't right and you may come back to it later. But don't get discouraged, and don't just negate something permanently. It may be that you may need to come back to it, or you may not. Here's an example from me many years ago. I really dived deeply into the each ink, really wanting to learn and understand it. And I tried for years, and I got to a point of feeling a basic level of comfortability with the eachingk but I realized it was not for me, it was not my tool. And by then I had really begun to work extensively with Trope, and so I put the eaching aside, and every once in a while I will go back and pull out my eaching books and look at them again, usually around the first of the year, just to see what might be going on. And it's still not my tool.
Speaker 1: And that's okay, now, I think that's a really good point. It's really important to try these different tools to see which resonate with you, and if they don't resonate with you right away, don't necessarily give up on them. But do know that one or two of these will always call to you and will just feel to come naturally to you as well. Hey guys, if you're going to be near Long Island in July, I hope you'll come see me at Amineville Apothecary Thursday night, July twenty third, I'm going to be teaching my manifest Miracles class. It will be a fun, interactive class. Will you learn how to use crystals, feng shui, and powerful thought techniques to truly master the art of manifesting. The class covers how to identify and clear old patterns that are holding you back, the science behind manifesting, and how to use imagery to train your subconscious to manifest for you. Then an agus I'll be teaching an Intuitive Development weekend hosted by the Edgar Cacar will be at the Wild Acres Retreat Center in Little Switzerland, North Carolina, from August twentieth to the twenty third. Hope to see you this summer. Why don't you tell us about reading tea leaves?
Speaker 2: Okay, because tea leaves are an interesting thing, you know. Come, I got the ones with the names that I can't pronounce. Okay, it means reading tea leaves, or coffee grounds or wine sediments. I didn't know that when I started. This research comes from the French word cassie. I know I'm not pronouncing that right, which in turn derives from an Arabic word and from a Greek word. So studying of tea leaves is really where this comes from. It can be traced back to medieval Europe fortune tellers, who developed their readings from splatters of wax, lead, and other molten subjects. This evolved into tea leaf reading in the seventeenth century, a short time after Dutch merchants introduced tea to Europe via their trade routes to China. As you might well imagine, Scotland, Ireland, Wales and England have produced a number of practitioners and authors on the subject, and English potteries have crafted many elaborately beautiful teacup sets, especially designed and decorated to aid in fortune telling. There's a great book called The Encyclopedia of Alcoutism and Parapsychology by Jay Gordon Melton, and he says that you should use loose tea that is cut uniformly in shape and size, so he recommends oolong Earl Gray de Jarling as best. Certainly not to use a tea bag because you can't see the tea. Don't put anything else in the cup, no sugar, cream or lemon. The point isn't good tasting tea. But clean wet leaves for your reading, and use a white tea set, he says, although it's okay to use one of the tea leaf reading cup and saucer sets on the market. So here's what he says to do. After a cup of tea has been poured without using a tea strainer, the tea is drunk and poured away so that the cup can be shaken well and any small amount of remaining liquid in the bottom can be drained off into the saucer. Out of the cup and into the saucer. So basically what you want is wet leaves with no liquid. The person who's doing the reading looks at the pattern of tea leaves in the cup and allows the imagination to play around with the shapes suggested by the The shapes of the tea leaves as in the bottom of the cup may look like a letter, or a heart, or a ring or lots of other things. And these shapes are interpreted intuitively by a fairly common set ofism in order to figure out what the message is from the leaves. So, for example, I, as the tea leaf reader, may look at your cup, Samantha, and look at the tea leaves, and I may see the shape of a dog's head, for example, in the cup, and that may mean something to me intuitively that I need to tell you about, either symbolically for yourself or about one of your dogs. And then he also says that it is traditional to read a cup from the present to the future by starting along the rim at the handle of the cup and following the symbols down in a spiraling manner until you reach the bottom, which symbolizes the future. In the distant future, most readers see images only in the dark. Tea leaves against a white or neutral background, So we'll also read the reverse images formed by seeing the symbols that form in the white negative spaces with a clump of dark leaves forming in the background. So really basically this is saying is that there are ways in which you can examine the symbols looking from the top of the cup down into the bottom. As the further deeper into the cup you go and look at the leaves, you may see more into the distant future. And you can also see not only images in the leaves on the white background of the cup, but the reverse may be true. The images in the white around the tea leaves may also be important. And in conclusion, he says that certain Western circles need to remember that one should not use tea that has been taken from a tea bag, or one should not use a symbol dictionary, and the reason for this is that the tea and tea bags is cut too finely to form recognizable figures in the cup and tea leaf reading has its own historic set of symbolism that doesn't necessarily correspond with other symbols other systems, So you might want to find a really good book on tea leaf reading. I find it interesting that if you go to the Twining Tea Leaf Tea Company's website, they have a section on their website on tea leaf reading. And I'm sitting here right now with a cup of Earl Gray tea from the Twining Company.
Speaker 1: That is so cool. Have you ever tried it? No?
Speaker 2: And I have to tell you that you're gonna laugh at why I have it if you're a Harry Potter fan and you have watched Harry's response to trying to learn the tea leaf reading mechanism, and I think it's in the order of Phoenix, and he and Ron have such a hard time so they just make stuff up. I think that it's just not meant for me. I don't think I can see the symbols. That's the way perhaps you're supposed to in a really serious manner.
Speaker 1: Well, I think it would be neat because, similar to what we were talking about with pendulums or doing a crystal reading or a scrying with a crystal, it allows your intuition to really wander, because if that looks like a dog to you, then that might be your intuition telling you something. And if that looks like a mountain to you, Well, then that might mean the person is coming up against some challenges. So it's kind of nice that it's open ended that way. But I've never tried it either. All I can think of as you're talking is that scene from Outlander or she gets her tea leaves red before she goes through the stones.
Speaker 2: Well, you know, I don't mean to make light of it, because I think it can be a legitimate divination tool. I can do this thing, and I bet you do it too. If I look at a picture of a tree, for example, I can see faces in the leaves, and then you look away and you look back and the face is gone. Has that ever happened to you?
Speaker 1: Yeah? I think I know what you're talking about.
Speaker 2: So I wonder if that would not also be the same for tea leaf reading. If, for example, I were to try it, and I might see some kind of symbol for me that resonates for me personally. I do like the idea that the symbology in tea leaf reading is separate and distinct for itself as a divination tool, And I don't know what those are. So it may be that if I'm good at seeing faces and pictures of trees. I might do fairly well at tea leaf reading at some point I do have some loose tea. I may try it.
Speaker 1: You know. I can see faces and images in crystals and stones much more easily. And something that popped up. I don't know if it was my pinterst or my Instagram feed, but there's a rock museum in Japan that is just rocks of faces and like naturally forming rocks and nature that look like people. Isn't that crazy? I would love to see that museum.
Speaker 2: Wouldn't that be interesting? I know?
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, Let's talk about palmistry, which I am just so fascinated by, and I've been doing a huge deep dive into palmistry lately. I recently got a book called The Art and Science of Handreading by Ellen Goldberg. Highly recommend it. It's just super in depth, and that book teaches you how to tell time on the palm lines as well. Many believe palmistry began in India, but there's even an ancient document of Aristotle where he described in detail a palm reading in his History of Animal's book. Palmistry, also called chiromancy, is simply the art of learning to read the lines in are palm. There are four main lines, the heart, life, head, and fate lines that are said to indicate marriage, children, career, family, even travel. In addition to learning the meetings of the lines, palmist will also look at the shape of the hand and fingers, and this is usually where you should begin a palm reading is first examine the person's hand shape. A solid, square shaped hand with short fingers is associated with the element earth and tends to represent someone who is solid, logical, practical, and grounded. Someone with long, thin fingers and a square palm is associated with air. They will go through life as intellectual seekers of wisdom. If you have a long palm and short fingers, you have a fire hand, indicating someone with a passionate, emotional, confident temperament. If you have a long palm and long fingers, you have a water hand, indicating that you are compassionate, intuitive, and empathic. There are also mounds that need to be learned, so each finger corresponds to a planet. For example, the pinky finger is the mercury finger, and the fleshy pads under these fingers are called mounds. So under your pinky finger is the mound of mercury. The mound under your index finger is called the Jupiter mound. The fleshy part under your thumb, that's the Mount of Venus. If yours is big and squishy, it can indicate a passionate person. If it's flat or nonexistent, it can mean that the person is a bit out of a touch with their emotions and the sensual side of life. Opposite the mount of Venus is the Mount of Luna. If you have a fleshy mound here, you are naturally intuitive, and the center of our palm is called the plane of Mars. The main line running under your fingers across your palm is called the heart line. It's concerned with all relationships of the heart and also reveals how we deal with intimacy and connection. A long heart line indicates an open, generous heart, grounded in the here and now. Breaks on the heart line that often look like circles or islands or dots on the line can indicate heartache. Short thin lines running across the heart line can also indicate painful times. If the heart line is connected to the headline, which is just below it, this can indicate someone who's very sensitive and tends to rule by the heart and not the mind. If it's straight and parallel with the headline, it shows someone who is balanced and in control of their emotions. Under the heart line, as I said, we have the headline, which indicates how we think, process and relate to life's challenges. A solid, straight line indicates a person with a good head on their shoulders. A broken, chained, or wavy line can indicate challenges. When it's chained with the lifeline at the start, it can point to a difficult childhood. If the headline has an arc, it indicates creativity. If it's a faint line or cut in two, it can point to someone who's emotionally weak or fragile. A wavy headline points to someone who can't focus very well. If the headline is separate and parallel to the lifeline, this shows an outgoing, confident person. The lifeline is under the headline. Now keep in mind this line does not reveal the length of your life, so if you have a short life line, it doesn't mean you're going to have a short life. Instead, it indicates your vitality and energy levels, your zest for life. So a small lifeline points to someone who gets tired easily, a long lifeline and shows someone who's full of life, passion, and ideas. If you have a light lifeline one that isn't clearly marked, it indicates someone who's timid and shy. Circles or islands on the lifeline can indicate health issues. The fate line typically goes from the center of your palm and travels straight up to your fingers, traversing the other three main lines we've just talked about. The fate line points to career opportunities and can indicate how much of a follower you are in terms of traditions and expectations, because a missing fate line indicates you tend to march to your own drum. A strong fate line often points to someone who's had their whole life mapped out, either for them or from an early age they just always knew what they wanted to do. A broken fate line indicates job changes. Two fate lines can indicate two separate careers at the same time. Now, we also have the Sun or Mercury line, which travels up towards your pinky or mercury fingers, and it's said to be on the palms of people who will be known in their career. It's often called the line of success. The marriage line. This is a short line that's above your heart line and under your pinky finger. If this line branches, it can indicate a separation. Two strong marriage lines can indicate two marriages. Breaks or islands on this little marriage line can point to separations or troubles. Grills on the marriage line indicate many ups and downs. Double marriage lines can indicate two loves in your life, not at the same time. Many marriage lines can point to a complicated love life. If the marriage line is close to your heartline, it's said to indicate that you will marry younger in life. If it's closer to the pinky finger, it can indicate marriage later in life. So are you following me so far down? I feel like I threw a lot out there.
Speaker 2: I am sitting here looking at both of my hands as you're talking, and I'm saying, oh, wait, it just it is that right, Oh look at that. Yes, I guess I'm following you, and well do I have a lot of stuff? But all you're doing is bringing up more questions for me? Really? I mean, well, it's fascinating.
Speaker 1: It is fascinating. And it's really interesting to make a study of your palms. I for anyone over forty, I recommend you get a magnifying glass with a light on it. That has really helped me a lot to identify some of these lesser known lines. But it's neat to study because your dominant hand, the hand you write with, the hands you throw a ball with, that's the hand that shows the here and now your non dominant hand shows kind of the blueprint, like with the possibility, the potential, And it's fascinating to study both palms and look at the difference.
Speaker 2: And two boy are different. I was doing that as you were talking, and I had known that from having had so many readings with Jane. I see and know the difference in what you're saying and my two palms. While the major lines are very similar, the criss crosses and the depths and the hatch marks around them are very different in the two poems.
Speaker 1: Now, if you have an itchy palm, it can mean that things are getting ready to change for you. So I think that's fascinating because if you do start to study the lines in your palm, even if you don't know what they mean right now, if you just start to make note of them on both hands. You'll see that the non dominant hand doesn't change a whole lot, but your dominant hand those lines will change. If you have a lot of lines extending into your palm under the pinky finger, between the heart and headline, you will be well liked in life. These are called popularity lines. I think it's fascinating to really study these lesser known lines. If you have two parallel little vertical lines just below and between your pinky and middle fingers, this can indicate talent in the creative arts. For or more vertical lines directly under the pinky finger is called the healer's mark and reveals a natural talent toward healing others. Now, the Mystics Cross. I've seen this misrepresented so much online. The Mystics cross is a separate cross, meaning it is not a cross made by the fate line crossing the other major lines. So many people make that mistake. It is a separate cross all to itself between the heart and headline, and this indicates psychic ability. And you can have more than one. So if you have the Mystics cross, it's between the heart and headlines and it's not part of any other lines. It's its own separate thing. Now, if you have a mystics cross, as I said, it does indicate natural psychic ability or an interest in studying esoteric pursuits. So if you are talking to someone who's a total skeptic or something, it doesn't mean that they are necessarily psychic, but they will be interested in something on the fringe, which I have found to be really true. Do you have a star under your amount of apollo, which would be right under your ring finger? So if the lines, tiny little lines all cross to make a star shape, that can indicate that you're destined for wealth and fame.
Speaker 2: I'd like to think that's what that is. Let me look at my other hand. Hold on a minute.
Speaker 1: It got a little toothpick.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I was just gonna say, we can just carve it in their dumb.
Speaker 2: But you know that does bring up a point. Is that one of the when you talk about the magnifying glass and the light, which is a great idea, but we used to put our palms on the glass of a Xerox machine.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I make a photocopy. So if you have stars, triangles, and squares on your palm, these are good signs. They represent either success or support or help. Breaks in the line, islands or circles can indicate challenges. So I just think it's so cool to really look at the lines on your palm and see what they mean for you. And now that I'm learning how to tell time, it's really cool because my fate line is very faint, and I think that's because I don't like to follow rules and expectations, but I will. And my fate line breaks right at my headline at the age of thirty, and then it starts again. And that's exactly when I started leaving traditional teaching and doing this work.
Speaker 2: Isn't that fascinating? Tell me again what that star is.
Speaker 1: You're still looking for your star. It's under your ring finger. And so if you have, like food, five lines that criss crossed to make a star.
Speaker 2: Okay, So here's a question, because I'm comparing again my two palms and my left palm. I'm right handed, so my left palm the Paul came in took this lifetime with the blueprint. While the major lines, as I said, are the same, I don't have nearly the depth of the little catch marks and crisscrosses. And stars and so forth in my left hand that I have in my right hand. So does that indicate that I have worked harder at making some of those things happen in this lifetime because they've shown up in my dominant hand or not.
Speaker 1: I've read different things on that, and what I think is, take, for example, if you were building a house and you had a blueprint for the house, how clean would that blueprint look? There would just be the lines outlining the house and you could see it and off you go. And then if you drew an actual representation of what the house looked like when it was finished building, it would be much more complicated and detailed. That's how I think the different palms of our non dominant and dominant hand appear, because the non dominant is just here's your potential, here's what's supposed to happen. And then you're dominant hand is whoa, here's what happened. Like a lot more stuff was filled in.
Speaker 2: Okay, that makes a whole lot of sense.
Speaker 1: I think it is really cool to study, and it's a wonderful way to get to know yourself a little bit better. And you know now that I'm learning to tell time on the line, it's so cool to be able to use it even to predict things. Ellen Goldberg has a wonderful YouTube channel where she talks about palmistry and gives a lot of tips as well. And I've just I've learned so much from her book and so many other wonderful palmistry books that are out there. It's just it's great. And every different book I read or person I study under presents a different tip or something I didn't know. I just think it's it's really fun. And you know, I've always used palm reading as just kind of I don't know. If I'm out somewhere, very often people will say to me, oh, I hear that you're a reader, that you're intuitive. Can you read me? And if I'm in like a crowded group with people out and about, I don't. I can't, you know, because students who have taken my classes, No, it takes me so long to ground my energy, open my chakras, bin my chakras. So it's always been nice for me to have this, Oh well, let me look at your palm. And what I always really was doing was holding their palm and using psychometry to tune in and try to get some messages for them. But now I can use psychometry and palmistry.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it is. It's a fascinating, fascinating tool. Absolutely.
Speaker 1: Okay, So before we wrap up, we just want to mention that when using divination tools, it's very important to say a prayer or affirmation of intent before you do this work, so you can protect your energy, set your boundaries, and assure that you're only working with positive energy. An example would be I pray and intend that only positive energy surrounds us work so that I am led to answers meant for my highest good at this time, or I call on my guardian angels and highest guides to assist me in seeking answers and inspiration and the light of love. Because the key with all these divination tools is that you're using them to access your unconscious, your higher self, the calling of your heart, which is where all answers truly exist. As you begin to work with these tools, you will learn to trust yourself and your inner guidance. It is this inner trust, not the tools themselves, that will help you awaken and develop your intuition. These tools can help you ignite the seeker within and help you realize that you can be your own psychic and as we close out, we just want to remind you to please check out our websites and join our newsletters. I met Samantha Fay dot com and deb Is Debbowen dot com. We hope you have enjoyed this and learned a lot. We look forward to hearing from you and hope you have a beautiful, happy, blessed week filled with magic and miracles. Be the light for yourself and others.
Speaker 2: Take care everyone.
Speaker 1: Thank you for listening to Psychic Tea your podcasts for seekers, light workers, mystics, and magical thinkers. If you like the show, please tell a friend or leave us a review wherever you listen to your podcast. For more information, check out our Facebook page Psychic Teachers, or our websites Samantha Fay dot com and Debbowen dot com. Thanks for listening and have a great week.