Speaker 1: J r R Orlando's rock Station, Lynch and Taco Show. Good morning, it is time for check it out the latest technology news brought to you by Pick your Ticket. Thursday.
Speaker 2: You can win tickets to a bunch of upcoming JR shows like the HALLOWEENI Roast Stained with Breaking Benjamin at WJRR Instagram. If you're not following us, it's at one oh one one wjr R. Just do what what a clinger tells you to do and might be going to one of those shows.
Speaker 1: Do it at some point today.
Speaker 3: Promotions picks multiple people too.
Speaker 1: All right, if you have if you subscribed any flavor of Direct TV Beat the satellite version, Direct TV Stream or AT and tu Verse, you know that you've lost access to the Disney affiliated channels, which includes all of the ESPN networks over one of these contract disputes that pop up from time to time. It's always convey It seems to happen as you're getting ready for NFL season, right, So the first game that would be affected would be Monday night Football. So a lot of people are like, oh, well, it'll be a you know, an eleventh hour agreements and they'll sort that and know it's not gonna doesn't look like it's going to be, at least if you believe the CEO of Direct TV, who was tweeting NonStop yesterday that they are in this for the long haul. They are not going to sign some deal that they're strong armed into which will cause them to have to raise rates even more on a customer base that continues to dwindle. At one point, DirecTV had twenty two million subscribers. They've lost about half of those subscribers in the last five years. Same with cable exactly. My parents, my parents in their eighties, actually started using YouTube TV last week. The whole argument that Direct TV and other TV provider or you know outlets argue is they are sick and tired of having to be forced into taking these huge blocks of channels that very few of their customers ask for, want, or even watch, and then still have to pay for those. And you can also say the reverse is true, where you've got customers who have no interest in sports whatsoever being having to pay for sports related channels. The ESPN packaging channels is the most cost per customer there is of any other channels out there right now. So this looks like it may be an extended negotiation, perhaps going for weeks or maybe even months. If you are a Direct TV subscriber, they are offering twenty dollars kickbacks to you there. You've got to reach out and ask for it, though, So you reach out to their customer service. And I know it's not gonna bring the channels back any quicker, but at least you know lessen your bill a.
Speaker 3: Little bit this month. Okay, I'll ask you later. Which if it's affecting me or not, it's not okay, it's not good. I didn't think so.
Speaker 1: But you don't have direct TV.
Speaker 3: I didn't want to affect Take the listener's time.
Speaker 1: You're gonna be okay, good, don't be Boeing in NASA preparing to bring the troubled Starliner capsule back to Earth. If all goes as planned, six h four tomorrow evening Eastern time, it will be undocking from the space station, and approximately six hours later, again, if all goes as planned, we'll land at New Mexico's White Sands Space Harbor with no astronauts inside. Those two astronauts, as we've documented here on this show and has been in the news non stop, which Wilmore and Sunny Williams will still be on the International Space Station awaiting a ride back from the competing SpaceX, which will be going up there in February. Less two astronauts than originally planned to make room for those two to come back on the return trip.
Speaker 3: Work together. I like how they're working together.
Speaker 2: It's it's two human beings, you know, get them back safe.
Speaker 1: X has been banned nationwide in Brazil. Why, they say, because of the prolifered proliferation of disinformation. Why X is being targeted because you could argue that there's disinformation on just about every platform online these days. You can jump in and take sides if you want, but as for right now, you can't access X, the platform formerly known as Twitter in Brazil. It's kind of a scary precedent. Yeah, everything you see online, you've got to you gotta think, is that? Is that right? Is that? You know?
Speaker 3: Use your noggin, run it through a filter, use your nogin.
Speaker 1: Toyota and BMW have announced a joint venture to push forward with hydrogen fuel powered car technology. This is in its infancy, This technology does exist. In fact, there's a couple zero emission vehicles that operate on hydrogen fuel cells, which you know is the most abundant element in the universe, and if they could get this technology where it needs to be, it gets all of the goals of zero emissions mets and the only thing that's being put out is water vapor as a you know, from these vehicles.
Speaker 3: That's the exhaust.
Speaker 1: I think the thinking here is all right. You know, the push is on electric right now, but there's some headwinds with that. We've talked about that on this show, and the potential long term issues with evs and the batteries that go along with them and the cost of that. Could the hydrogen fuel cell be the ultimate answer? So Toyo at MBMW we're gonna join forces to try to zero in on that project.
Speaker 3: It'll be called BMOTA. There's no truth to that that I'm aware of, not at all. But if it was on the Internet, I hope you'd run it through a filter.
Speaker 1: Yes, use your noggin. A few years ago, Verizon FiOS, which was one of the pioneers and fiber optic internets, they were one of the first to really offer that service and it was mainly in the Northeast, but has since expanded to other parts of the country, then they pulled back. Verizon did on the home fiber stuff and FiOS, even selling off portions of their footprint to Frontier Communications. Well, now things have come full circle as Verizon looks to expand FiOS once again and resume, you know, installing that by purchasing Frontier where they had just sold off large swaths of their territory too years ago. It's a twenty billion dollar deal that's in the works. Amazon delivery drones have been in place in being used in several cities, including College Station, Texas. Now, as Amazon looks to expand on that technology, they're running into some issues with the large private neighborhood that is near their Prime Air drone station in College Station, Texas. Noise from the drones and the constant buzz of these taking off and returning to the launching point.
Speaker 2: I agree one hundred percent. Have you noticed the humming when you're watching golf now?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, yeah, A lot of sports events so annoying to hear this constant Would you rather hear that or the plane that used to that one tournament where that was I mean, that became to the point where I can't even watch this demute it could you imagine though you're living, you move into a neighborhood, there's no drones flying overhead. Now you've got hundreds of them coming and going all day long, and Amazon wanting to expand that even further. UH officials want to work with Amazon, obviously they love the jobs and commerce it's brought to College Station. It looks like the long term solution here is Amazon's going to have to foot the bilt to move that drone port away from the residential area to they don't have to constantly be bombarded with the incoming and outgoing meet in the middle package delivery a set I mentioned this last week. It is happening on Monday the Apple events. If you're eager to know everything about the new iPhone sixteen UH, Monday one o'clock all will be revealed. Expect to see a new iPhone sixteen and sixteen Pro models, as well as updates to the Apple Watch AirPods and perhaps even new Max although that was maybe maybe maybe category.
Speaker 2: You know how they still how they keep going back to retro stuff like the fold phones, the flip phones and all that. Great, if they just went back for the sixteen and they said it's a basically a BlackBerry.
Speaker 1: Apple BlackBerry flip phone.
Speaker 3: In next town, remember those things?
Speaker 1: Yeah, And I was reading this is kind of interesting and it makes sense if you think, have you ever heard of phrygenomics, frygenomics?
Speaker 3: Mmm.
Speaker 1: This guy named Tassos Staspolos, He's a founder and managing partner of Trinetra. It's a London based investment firm.
Speaker 3: Is it the economics refrigerators for refrigeration.
Speaker 1: His way of looking and identifying trends and an investing in them is to take trips to developing parts of the world, get to know some locals and literally look inside their refrigerators. You can see where they are in the socioeconomic scale based on contents of the refrigerators. And if he's going in to say, a society that really hasn't had access to dairy products per se, and all of a sudden he's seeing milk and cheese and ice cream in these people's freezers. Like, hmm, things are improving around here. May want to invest in those type of technologies in this part of the world. Wow, And there's it's a proven track record of it has this whole This is a really long involved article. It's on Wired dot com if you want to check it out, But it's if you're an investor, you know you want every little edge you can have.
Speaker 2: Once you go to that village and you see they have check Cola, you're like, huh, that's it.
Speaker 3: I'm investing in yetties. You're gonna need to keep them cold.
Speaker 2: Diabetes drugs maybe either well Tago on Demand telloadyart
Speaker 3: From the Bogan Muns