Speaker 1: Hey everybody, It's Tuesday, September twenty fourth, twenty twenty four. Welcome to the Giant BombCast, Episode eight five nine, powered by Enzi See. I'm your host, jan O'sholla powered by Lozenges joining me co captain of the ship. The hardest hard candy in game news. That's right, you keep him in your mouth. He's like an everlasting gobstopper. He's the job breaker and the headline breaker.
Speaker 2: Jeff Crep, I'm lost up. I am a rock hard candy over here. Absolutely, let's do this thing, so sweet, so hard.
Speaker 1: We got the man that is that is obsessed with textures. That's right, He's feeling everything, he's squeezing everything. He's he's put the squeeze on games media from games Beats, the bad boy of games media.
Speaker 3: Hi, Hi, I don't like one thing's gush in my mouth?
Speaker 1: All right, we we we We got the sweetest lad in on the team, the most innocent boy, our little cherub of the team, Turbo Shawn Sean McDowell.
Speaker 4: Yes, hi everybody, I'm the only one wearing my cute new shirt of trans Iicon Vivian Mike.
Speaker 1: Shirt.
Speaker 5: I love that character. That's a great character, one of the best Mario characters. Yeah, she's a come back and stuff.
Speaker 2: Are you reading from a script right now?
Speaker 5: Mike thousand your door? Before it was always cool too, but before Jeff.
Speaker 2: Told me to do that on podcasts. You gotta stop telling me to beat it on podcasts.
Speaker 1: Do you, guys ever worry that you don't know how to have conversations outside of podcasts, because sometimes I have that.
Speaker 2: I don't want to have conversations outside of podcasts. I've been paid so frequently to have conversations now that it's like these words are worth money.
Speaker 5: You should just I'm just waste anybody who comes up to you to talk exactly.
Speaker 2: Just hand me five dollars, guys, and then I'll have a conversation.
Speaker 4: We really need to get out more.
Speaker 2: Oh that's not happening.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean for these two. Well, no, my keys a little social butterfly life. I talked to people.
Speaker 5: I get a little over it sometimes too, though. It's like people I have, I thought their Manhattan moment sometimes like these people.
Speaker 1: Paint yourself blue? What do you mean these peoples? We don't operate fast enough for Mike. How's everyone doing? How's everyone good? Everyone get naked, paint themselves blue, have an existential crisis on the moon.
Speaker 5: God.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I went to the Cleveland Gaming Classic on Sunday and I bought some good gives. No Jeff left me to clean his house.
Speaker 2: Woh, it's steps leaving later this week and things have just kind of gotten hectic over here, and I'm like it's still not slowed down. And she thought I wasn't left yet, but it's like, oh, it's just a lot happening with you know, kids in school and stuff like that. But I'm like, I really wish I could have gone, Mike. Seems like you got quite a hall though, right, I got.
Speaker 5: A good haul and my my brothers still came and my nephews, so it was a menaughty boys. I wasn't for. The kids actually did a lot because there's like a there's a big free play arcade area, so they enjoyed that. They even had like some consoles set up, you know, the kids just like football. They were you would like this. They were really into Techmobile on the nes a lot of Techmobile and they had a bounce house set up, and there's like the local Ghostbusters chapter was there, and they had an ecto one and things like that. I think they were slightly less interested in watching me buying old video games.
Speaker 1: Weird.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I got some stuff I can shot real quick here.
Speaker 5: This was one of the big gets, this obscure Dreamcast game called egg huh rare Dreamcast game.
Speaker 3: Excited for that?
Speaker 2: Did you Did you get any jokes of like can I offer you an egg in these trying times?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I think I got it in chat when I showed it during my stream yesterday, Virtue or Virgitt Tennis Dreamcast?
Speaker 3: Did these Dinosaur for the PlayStation one?
Speaker 1: Why the hell not?
Speaker 4: Sorry for this?
Speaker 2: A VMU still in the box.
Speaker 3: For the Dreamcast?
Speaker 1: Really cool?
Speaker 2: Actually, I love that.
Speaker 3: This is not a big one death jam fight for New York.
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 2: Is that Xbox one?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 5: That's great.
Speaker 2: I didn't think we should play that soon anyhore.
Speaker 5: Sorry, Grant Turismo four and then the Bridge Racer five for a while, and then oh yeah, by the way, Jeff, you should really ask somebody about the future of Bridge Racer. See if you're kicking anything over there.
Speaker 3: And that's why Downhill Domination.
Speaker 1: From It.
Speaker 3: Was looking for this. Uh so excited to find that.
Speaker 2: You know what's weird about that game. I have very fond memories of it, even though I've never played it, because I watched you all play well on vacation. It's like, that's like a nice game with a nice time.
Speaker 1: I'm like, yeah, it seems cool.
Speaker 5: I haven't played it either, just watch jam play and we were all like, why does this game look amazing? So uh yeah, no, I've got it. So not a single GameCube game, like my game two collection is pretty much there. Now I think I need yore Mega micro games whatever, maybe a couple of other things, but like, I'm almost set there.
Speaker 1: Mike, you a big peripheral guy, Like like, it's not like an always yes, always no.
Speaker 5: It depends like Dreamcast had good stuff because I really liked the sambas as Jeff calls them.
Speaker 2: I was gonna be.
Speaker 5: Something in the fishing controller for Sega Pro Bass fishing whatever.
Speaker 2: Is fishing controller?
Speaker 1: Of course.
Speaker 5: Yeah, DJ Hero there's a game. I love my DJ Hero, but not like a I want to call myself a peripheral guy.
Speaker 1: I wonder if, like, uh, you know, once you complete a level of completion of your collection, if you were going to expand to peripherals as why.
Speaker 5: Maybe I already have a good amount of the Donkey kong U bongos. There they are?
Speaker 2: Ye, I got third party? Have that so close to you?
Speaker 4: Well, you mean a good amount.
Speaker 2: I found my uh we you like GameCube adapter thing that has the USB and I was going to plug into my computer so I could play the emulated Donkey Kong Jungle Beat with the third Party.
Speaker 5: Boys. I'm sick, I think I because I got two from back when me and my brothers would play Donkey Konga, and then somehow I got a third one. I may have like bought it like chief at some point when it was like old, but nobody cared about it yet and so something like that. Yeah, those are those are all. Any game that uses the bongos is a good game.
Speaker 4: But I will say I'm fascinated by this Dreamcast game I've never heard of.
Speaker 5: Right, Yeah, it's supposed to be good. It's an action adventure game. It looks interesting. I'll probably stream some egg here soon.
Speaker 4: I got some elemental gimmick gear or it looks like a just from screenshots. I know nothing about it. It looks like something a ToeJam and earl ish, but then you get into one on one like fighting game. Style fights.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna play some egg very soon.
Speaker 2: I'm mad because now every time I go with my fridge and I get hungry for eggs, I'm gonna say to myself, gonna have some elemental gimmick gears.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: No one else in my life is gonna care. They're gonna think I'm losing it. They're gonna it's not gonna be funny. Yeah, okay, I'll text you all every time I think.
Speaker 1: It all right. I mean, Dan has been texting me non stop to come to Kyoto because I.
Speaker 2: Got's very funny because for one, you know, it's annoying him, like you know, he's like hesitant to open discords. He's like, shit, I'm gonna bother me. And we don't care. We just think it's funny. But every time Dan opens Discord, it sends him saying, Jan, you should come to Kyoto with a picture of Japanese buzzballs. And it's probably been like twenty times.
Speaker 4: Wait, it's like a perpetual loop. It does every time he opens disc.
Speaker 2: Every time every time he loads up Discord, it like.
Speaker 3: And the ethnicity, what are you talking about the.
Speaker 1: Fact that he's saying to come to Kyoto? And then it's like the price tags are in Japanese. But that did inspire me. Well, I was pre inspired. Can you believe I had a small little thing at at the apartment and no one wanted to partake in this biggie buzzball with me?
Speaker 5: Huh?
Speaker 4: But you still have the Hou's an truggle.
Speaker 2: It's way more Neon Green than I was even thinking, like I've seen him in person, but it surged like Neon.
Speaker 1: Well, here's the thing. This is the second one I bought Sean because that was the first one by myself.
Speaker 4: It's just a plastic by way, it's like a spray bottle.
Speaker 1: It's a yeah, okay for folks that are our audio listeners, this is what would you guys say, like the size of a small.
Speaker 2: Volleyba it's about it's like one and a half.
Speaker 1: Balls, yeah, one and a half bochie balls, And like it's gigantic. It's like a comical potion a man.
Speaker 4: And like Jan holding it right now, he looks like a cartoon villain holding a bomb.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the duck the duck pin bullying balls.
Speaker 1: It's that size right, the point of reference for so many people.
Speaker 4: I bought a capcom sign I'm probably Mikey.
Speaker 2: Can you get drunk off of that?
Speaker 5: Mike, Yes, off cap com is okay?
Speaker 2: Wait is that our buzzballs Hyphie related? No, they're not.
Speaker 1: Okay, but if they were Holy smokes, not only would I be supporting the Bay Area and women. Here's my pitch, Mike Uh, I'm gonna need you to co sign this with me.
Speaker 5: Oh, okay, we need to add more alcohol to Pixar Peer. The Pixar Peer there. We have a very good bar there. Buzzs l like your balls. Huh, Mikey, I mean that's good.
Speaker 6: I gonna love my buzz light your balls.
Speaker 5: I got I got drunk and picks up here because my friend's knuck in a bunch of gin and a sprite bottle. That was fun.
Speaker 2: Hell yeah, well that's not a code Grandma. What's that code of that's a cold code? Cool uncle. I still think I should mean a game called code Grandma. Okay, that was a really good idea.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna need an adult in the room to explain alcohol content.
Speaker 4: Yeah, pretty good.
Speaker 3: That's stronger than just about any beer.
Speaker 1: Yes, it's like a cocktail.
Speaker 4: It's a cocktail.
Speaker 1: Okay, Okay, so this is gonna do more than a white claw and break the law. Yes, significantly more than a white cloth.
Speaker 4: When when you get a mixed to drink jan it is one point five leaders of that.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, see this, this is why I have you all around this. You know this is I just give off the vibe and facade of someone incredibly put together, but quickly we're seeing the facade is breaking apart.
Speaker 2: At the scene, I.
Speaker 4: Realized a lot of people don't know how this saga started because it happened during the Discord town hall, so some people may not know that. We had to keep in about alcohol like a BV APV whatever it.
Speaker 2: Is, alcohol by volume ye av Yeah.
Speaker 4: Don't pay attention to that. I just drink it.
Speaker 1: So you know, sure, fantastic, fantastic, fantastic boyos. Unless anyone has anything else to bring up.
Speaker 2: No, I don't think so.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 2: Just I am kind of mad that, like fall won't start, and it's put me in a real bad mood.
Speaker 3: The trees have turned a little bit, at least it's just.
Speaker 2: The colors, but yeah, it's just not cool enough. I was like trying to put out Halloween decorations and I was sweating and it made.
Speaker 1: Me real it was it was in shorts weather for us yesterdays. I was like, okay, that's.
Speaker 2: Because your weather becomes my web. So okay, hopefully that's going to happen. I do have a question. Actually I did get one of those twelve foot skeletons. It's the Jack skeleton one. Oh damn, it's right. It's like it's what got from the home Home depot whatever it was. When should I when you guys think I should put it out because I wanted to put it out already, like it's kind of early. What if it's like kind of gets worn down.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I've seen one out in the wild already, so like people are doing it, it won't be the crazy person.
Speaker 1: Yeah. The fact that they're already selling it grub enables you to just put he got it on sale, right.
Speaker 2: I bought it on here, thank you?
Speaker 1: Yes, Jerry. Yeah, Mike.
Speaker 4: Remember the skeleton is not inherently tied to Halloween, because you can be a weird person and just put any.
Speaker 2: Time right to approve of that. I think Patrick Kleppik has kept his twelve foot skeleton out a year round. Yeah, well I'm not that weird, but he I think he like dresses up like for all the seasons or something least, and that at least he said he would do that. But I'm not worried about that so much. I like, and I'm not worried about anything. It's Steph who's like, I don't want it to like get like blown over in the wind. Their storm's coming and stuff like that. I imagine, like I'm gonna have to anchor this thing down no matter what.
Speaker 5: And it sounds like she just doesn't want you to put it up quite yeah, so maybe give it a week.
Speaker 2: It was. It was, Yeah, she's definitely because you know, she's like, I've found this deal, Like she did all the work on that stuff, so she's just making sure to think it's taken.
Speaker 4: I think socially acceptable times to put up holiday decorations is like the month of so once again into October first.
Speaker 2: As soon as she leaves, all right, there we go.
Speaker 3: Are you going to keep him up like through Christmas time? Since you know Jackson it's appropriate.
Speaker 2: I am thinking I probably will. We will have to like it sand up a little different, but why not be fun? Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 1: I didn't know you were so big into the Christian faith, Greb.
Speaker 2: That's why listen. He is my savior.
Speaker 1: Oh.
Speaker 5: I did see that night before Christmas video game for PS two at the Cleveland game that has expensive It wasn't that expensive, but no manual. And I was like, no, it's okay.
Speaker 2: I'm just like, get like any tips for like securing the thing beyond, like the anchors they give like.
Speaker 3: Young priests and an old priest.
Speaker 2: Uh huh, okay something, Yeah, I got. I gotta sloped down. I remembering everything you said.
Speaker 3: Lo Now, I know that sounds like a weird word, but it's just cough drops.
Speaker 2: You can't put that in the cannon. Everybody else has to include the pre show in the in the audio version.
Speaker 3: All right, I'm gonna do a plot he's never heard of losages.
Speaker 1: Oh buddy, you don't want to do that.
Speaker 2: I trust me.
Speaker 1: I know I'm weird.
Speaker 3: If it turns out weird about this too, it's.
Speaker 1: Fine, Mike. We're gonna have chef reactions on the voicemail dump truck next week. Yeah, you're did you lose? Were you weirder than Dan that episode?
Speaker 2: There's no way I think that episode Dan was we So that's not it was.
Speaker 4: I thought was the fruit who put him over?
Speaker 5: That's weird because there's nothing that's the fruit. Thing is just oh, I don't like to eat fruit. Dan tried to cook eggshells into a good come on.
Speaker 7: Everyone knows that, Mike. Everyone knows that Dan's an idiot. We all are aware of this fact. But he grew as a human being and knows how to cook eggs, not much else.
Speaker 2: Gravity recently, oh man, he really did spell it lozenges?
Speaker 5: How do you spell?
Speaker 1: Instead?
Speaker 2: I think I remember it because Dan told more stories about his weirdness, and so I think chef reactions uh, and the Chat at that time voted for Dan. Then recently there's been a lot of like mikey issues, and Mike has been winning the weirder pool recently, and I think it's gonna go back and forth like Joker and Batman forever.
Speaker 4: So I think the difference is Dan admits many years on when he has done something incredibly stupid, and you're holding steadfast with your weirdness.
Speaker 5: I think I always admitted the lost. The loss is just what is throwing me because I really have just never heard that before, and I get look getting crushed at the pole. So clearly seventy four to eight. Just I just never called him anything but cough drops before, just never heard another term.
Speaker 4: You know what.
Speaker 1: That's fine, Yeah, that's completely You.
Speaker 2: Remember the first time in like fourth grade, were the kid that would always have the whole bag of cough drops, being like, you want a lozenge? And I'm like, and then you showed me the bag and it said lozenges on there, and I'm like, oh, okay, well that explains that.
Speaker 5: Other words people have said you need a lozenge and I've been like, what you want to cough drop? You out take that?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: God, I'm trying to think of other names for things now to just surprise Mike with like words. I think it's hard to do.
Speaker 2: But it's hard to like find one because it's got like because you just didn't occur to you. And Mike. This is a weird one because I thought Mike would know laws and not just because a doctor dad, Like that's one everyone's.
Speaker 4: Heard, you know, it's right there?
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, well you know this is a video game podcast, is it?
Speaker 3: Because it dislodged? Is like the mucus?
Speaker 2: Yeah, let's just say yeah, yeah, no, that's good. I like that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm okay.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that was a very epic connection, just like Mike mikey, you and I are connected that you and I have been playing Epic Mickey.
Speaker 5: This is exactly the kind of game that needs to be remastered. Yes, you know, I Epic Mickey was first coming out for the Wii. In fact, my Wii is the one of my Epic Mickey stickers still.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, is that the one you used to play.
Speaker 3: Alone in the dark?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Incredible.
Speaker 1: You need a little totem to help you feel safe in the good.
Speaker 3: They also sold the nunchuck that was shaped like a paintbrush.
Speaker 5: What's wrong?
Speaker 2: I just actually hit the bleep button, upset, Jan And I'm sorry, Okay, I.
Speaker 5: Like, what does that sound like, Joe?
Speaker 1: What did I do?
Speaker 2: Chuck Nuns?
Speaker 3: That's not good for the Catholics.
Speaker 1: Hey, speaking about nuns, watch that Sidney Sweeney immaculate movie.
Speaker 5: Anyway, go on, But I really wanted to like love this game back when it was coming out, obviously, like Mickey Platformer by you know, super important game designer Warren Spector. There was a good amount of hype for it, and I played it and it was it was good. It just didn't blow me away. It didn't feel amazing. Big part of that is, uh, it was on the Wii only, which we all know is a bad console.
Speaker 1: I'm not gonna agree that it's a bad console. I think it is a bad console for some three D plays.
Speaker 4: It's a bad console that has good games on it.
Speaker 3: It has good games.
Speaker 5: It's I think it's a detrimental that this game, which was very much designed for the Wei, you take it off the Wii and it's just better. It's just better now. But you know, aside for like improving the controls and the camera, it does look a lot better.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 3: It was an ugly game on the Wee back then.
Speaker 5: Part of that was some artistic decisions because the whole thing is supposed to be like it's kind of decaying paint worlds. There was a lot of like greens and everything was kind of like corroded, and it was like yeah, intentional, but especially on like the Wee, you know, blurry non HD stuff kind of chug it along there. It always kind of looked very ugly. So just having that NHD and having it look smoother, the game is a lot more vibrant. It's a lot easier to look at. But yeah, it's just you know, and I'm not super far into this. I'm just a couple hours in, but you're already getting introduced to all the mechanics and the kind of big thing here is you have Thinner, which can delete certain areas. You have Paint, which can paint in certain areas and bring them back in. So that's like the kind of core gameplay mechanics. So you can con find secrets like that. You can create platforms or you'll like find gears and rotating platforms. You can kind of thin out the gear so that it stops in certain places, so you do some some things with that. It's also kind of tied into this simplified morality system that's in the game, or generally, Thinner is kind of more of the evil choice, and paint is usually the good choice. You can use Thinner to delete enemies, you can use the paint just to turn them into friends, and there's there's usually a lot of binary morality choices like that, they're not super deep or anything like that, And this is kind of more aspector of trying to bring a bit of that versus sim element.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, where everything had the Renegade, Renegade, it was that exactly.
Speaker 5: That kind of stuff was everything was really inspired by kotetor Lightside, Dark Side.
Speaker 2: I'm imagining Renegade, Mickey, and it's just the biker game.
Speaker 5: I played Hell Ride to Hell Retribution but Mickey, Yeah, and just like Anger Angled Anger eyebrows, Yeah, and a curves a fun platform. I do enjoy like all the little you know, it's like, oh, you're in a place and there's a Dumbo ride, but it's real fucked up and it's kind of fun to see the fucked up Dumbo ride.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 5: It still has some of its original problems, especially early on. There's a lot of like we're gonna stop and tell you what to do and explain a mechanic and I can't remember, but I'm hoping that slows down a bit. But it's a lot of side quest in the game. The side quest because again they're trying to rpg afy it. There's a lot of people like Mickey, I need you to do blah blah blah, and you gotta go do blah blah blah and you gotta talk to them again. That kind of thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I've really enjoyed the couple hours I've spent with it too. I think maybe Mike and I are around the same point. But I do remember in the original version kind of being thrown off by the pacing of the game of like we're gonna hold your hand, and hey, did we tell you? If you do bad stuff, it's bad, but if you do good stuff, it's really good. I checked this game out in a demo earlier this year, and the dev was very nervous about the reception and how the controls would translate, and thankfully they translate super well. They've added like a dash, right, Mike, I don't remember the dasha.
Speaker 3: I don't know. I want to because it dash feels very good here.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm not, it's been so long since I played the original, but I'm glad that thatashes here because it's one of those things I like when platforms have a weird mechanic. It's meant for one thing, like maybe dodging things, but you actually just use it to go faster. I think the back dash and Symphony of the Night is kind of a gold standard, or the long jump in Mario sixty four, so it's like, oh, I'm just gonna do the long jump everywhere I go kind of thing.
Speaker 3: See I'm like mashing that dash button.
Speaker 4: Uh, forgive me if you guys have addressed this, I missed it. What kind of platform me game is? Is it like a Mario or is it more of like a ratchet clank.
Speaker 5: It's it's both so like especially so before like you had your pointer and that's how like the we mote, and you would point and you would shoot the thinner of the paint. Here it is just a cursor in the center of your screen. You kind of move the camera around and that's how you aim things. So it's a little ratchet and clinky in that sense because you are aiming at shooting. But it's also very collective Thani and getting stuff right now, but also relatively Leney, it's not open.
Speaker 1: I would actually say it's a little bit like the single player levels in Splatoon. Sure, Oh okay, you mechanic and everything, right, there's like probably some Hitten collectibles to get, like around the corner or something.
Speaker 4: Gotcha, gotcha.
Speaker 1: I have a question.
Speaker 2: Would you guys say that it's a soulless devotion to the Disney it a problem?
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, yeah, for sure.
Speaker 1: Yeah, who's Mickey I've never heard of this character not as popular as Mario Rose.
Speaker 4: I know her.
Speaker 5: Is world renowned, especially to anybody over the age of forty five. They all can't stop talking about Rosalina. They don't know who many Mouse is though, don't bother.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry, was that, Mike, don't worry.
Speaker 3: About it, obscure character from olden times?
Speaker 2: So so like, has it gone from a game that was kind of middling to like, oh, this is pretty good now where it's like fully kind of turning into a good game.
Speaker 1: I think it's fully good. Like I didn't have any problems with the original game, other than having like feeling fatigue over waggling and pointing around people was always good.
Speaker 5: I think I think people got really excited for especially since before it is even announced, concept art leaked, and the concept art was even wilder than the final games. It was thing like it was like a half Terminator Monstro with a decaying spaceship Earth from Epcot on its back.
Speaker 3: It was like, oh, it's like looking real Wold and there's.
Speaker 5: Obviously some of that there, like with fucked up Dumbo, but it doesn't go quite as it tends.
Speaker 3: At the time, A big deal was the fact that Oswald Lucky.
Speaker 5: Rabbit is in the game, and that's Walt Disney's cartoon character that predated Mickey. He lost the rights for him too, Universal, and that's uh when his company made Mickey to replace him, and around like not too long before this is when they got Oswald back from Universal. It's some deal then involved like trading a sportscaster or something to them. I forget exactly what it was. So like, this was like the first time we had Oswald in an official Disney media again in a long time, so that was kind of exciting.
Speaker 1: Then, yeah, this created a lot of fervor for the Disney adult to a big Disney fan community in the parks, specifically Mike. I don't know if you remember, but like the Oswald Rabbit ears were selling like hotcakes.
Speaker 5: Oswald was everywhere. There was a California Adventure photo op with Oswald for a good while that I don't know why they got. Rid was always very popular and Oswald's shown up in some places. I think they'd even done a new cartoon here there. So yeah, also hangs around now.
Speaker 2: So Oswald's the reason Al Michaels stopped doing ABC Football and started doing NBC football.
Speaker 5: Is that I think that. Well, yeah, it was part of the dose. It was the part of the al Michaels trade. It was al Michaels for Oswald the lucky rat.
Speaker 2: Weird. Al Michael's is the best sportscaster of all time though, So that's that's worth it, Okay.
Speaker 1: Sure. The only thing that slightly puts me off, and this is just a carryover from the original game, is that the kind of factor in every single thing you do into your morality Mickey morality meter, So the mmm.
Speaker 2: The mmm mmmmm.
Speaker 1: So sometimes I'll occasionally accidentally use paint dinner on an enemy versus painting him to be friendly, and then like I'll see that meter like tick down. I'm like, oh shit, I'm evil now. I feel that I put one arm into the leather jacket and I don't know how they can necessarily balance that in a better way. But it is a solid platformer. The dash is a pretty good air dash.
Speaker 2: I can't I.
Speaker 1: Don't think I'll spend more time in it, but I do like that this has the secret two D levels where they'll play around with space, the space and like, oh, now you're back in a steamboat.
Speaker 2: Or whatever.
Speaker 5: Yeah, And I'm a sucker for a three D platform where you have like your your attack is also a little bit of a jump extender, basically like Astrobot. Right, So you have your spin attack right, very Mario Galaxy coated, but you could do a double jump. You double jump and let's spin attack. That often gives you just a little bit of extra juice to get somewhere, maybe even sequence break a little bit. Like there was one part where I was supposed to fix the fucked up Dumbo ride first, I can then fix the fucked up tea cups and I was able to just kind of actually get to the tea cups section before that, and the game was a little confused for a bit, but I felt good about myself.
Speaker 1: Speaking about Astrobot, Sean, I see that you have been playing some Astrobot.
Speaker 4: That's right, Jane. You might say I beat it. No, Yeah, I finished Astrobot sometime last week. I'll remember when. But you know, I was taking my sweet time with that there because I was one hundred percent of it as I was going, and because grubl and shut up about the ending and everything, and so I was constantly at risk of spoilers. I need to just get to that ending there and see what's happening. Yeah, part of So first of all, first of all, that ending is amazing. We still kind of want to do like a spoiler cast thing at some point, right, So, yeah, we will get into more details there. But I think what Nicky said, the the Avengers Assemble moment that happens there, that is real good. It's just really fun to see how that all comes together. And it wasn't the way I thought it would happen, and so that just made it even better. It was so cool.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Jam, what is it okay for folks that like aren't into don't know right about like the Avengers moment?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 1: Or what is another point of reference? Have you never seen Avengers?
Speaker 5: Dan?
Speaker 1: Oh? No, no, No, I'm the most Marvel mcu person around. I feel like definitely.
Speaker 4: I feel like the Avengers is the most common denominator on Earth right now.
Speaker 3: The final level of Elite beat agents.
Speaker 6: That's everyone goes yeah, yeah, everyone is.
Speaker 2: Original. That's like Continental Congress. It's like all these important people coming together and no one.
Speaker 1: Knows how government actually works. It's like the Forever Red.
Speaker 2: Episode and Power Rangers we're ten generations of Red Rangers get or the favor Red Starbursts there you go.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but it's like the Muppet Movie where all the Muppets, even the Sesame Street ones are there.
Speaker 1: It's like the end of Who Framed Roger Rabbit where everyone gets together.
Speaker 4: That's better. I'll give you that one. That's good.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 4: Anyways, Having finished Astrobot, I do think where I settled when we talked about the bomb cast, because I was I was only a couple of worlds in when we talked about on the review CA but later on on the BombCast, I think where I settled was with the difficulty. I just don't like the the lack of ramping up in difficulty. It's more the main core line through the game is extremely easy, and then they separated out the difficult levels that you can optionally choose to do. But I think Grub you were the one who was talking about this where your kids were having difficulty with the bosses. Yeah, and I noticed that, especially with the final main world boss, where I was thinking to myself, man, there's a lot of mechanics here that could see a kid getting tripped up on because it's it's not super clear what you need to do at any given point in time, and so I think my problem with the difficulty is that ends up feeling a little spiky. Where you have very easy platforming levels, then you get a boss where I can see that someone who's not as familiar with platformers, or you know, someone who's trying it for like the their first game. When Loose you got that interview with Team Asobe, they said, yeah, we made this so that could be someone's first game, and so I see that, you know, with the easy levels, but it feels odd to me that the bosses do have many more mechanics, the difficulty is a lot higher. I just feel like that natural progression really could have helped us smooth things over there and have like a pretty easy boss in the first world and then you know, a progressively more difficult one and then have the levels do the same, because I think the challenge levels, that's example of challenge levels are challenge levels, and I like them separate it out that way. But I think the secret levels are where the ladder half of worlds, and like the latter worlds themselves should be difficulty wise, there's a little more going on without it being the super difficult platform challenge. I just think they could have smoothed out that curve a little bit, and that's yeah, yeah, that's kind of my main complaint with the gamer. I felt a little bit of shame that I had some trouble with some of the boss fights, because, like you're right, Sewan, the ramp up to that in every other world was fairly easy, other than the separated challenge levels that sometimes specifically I think the fourth boss world where you have to deal with some of the time stopping mechanics, I was getting tripped out on. Yeah, then times stopping. That's a fun mechanic, but I could also see that being a little difficult to wrap your head around if you're not like the directly knowing what to do there.
Speaker 2: Watching the kids play it was They're like, I understand what this is immediately, and I understand how to use it. But the idea of like seeing these super fast starts coming and timing that jump and timing and timing the time stop for that that was like a bit much for them. They were like way overwhelm.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that seems like example of something again, the spikiness of like I see what you want me to do here, but maybe it was like a bit too much of a ramp up rather than that gradual increase.
Speaker 2: You know, game is very forgiving, very good checkpoints, so I think people like I think people will try to like butt their head through it. A couple of times. I have heard stories of like, oh, I tried it two times and I don't I don't like the way it feels to fail. I'm just gonna put it down. But my kids were like, no, I'm going to keep trying, to keep trying and then eventually start crying and call.
Speaker 1: For death can help.
Speaker 4: So that that's the other thing where this didn't really bother me, but it kind of annoyed me as someone who likes one hundred percent is the fact that's insta death for anything. Did start to bother me when I was trying to explore and try to collect well, collectibles and everything, because if you go really far out of your way and say, oh, is there something over there, and then you know an enemy hits you that you didn't see or you obviously if you fall off a platform, that makes sense for it to be into death, but even just you know, an enemy hitting you when you were expecting it's like, Oh, now you gotta go all the way back to the checkpoint. I feink that kind of discourages exploration a little bit, So I I think the Mario three hits is the better way to go. You know, other games have it where you'll have two hits or something. Even just two hits I think could have allevied that a little bit.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think it mostly works here to the point where it's like, I get what you're saying, but I don't. I wouldn't necessarily change it for this game, but there are some pain points because of the one hit kills that I definitely know.
Speaker 4: I think even having it as an option, the lack of options that Alea's probably the problem here, where you could just have that as like you know, insta kill could be on the l like like have like four difficulty levels, and then insta kills like on the hard not the hardest, like on hard and the normal is like you know, two hits easy is like you can't die or something like that. I think just having a little more accessibility there even could smooth over if you don't want to have that more gradual progression.
Speaker 2: It definitely reminds me of the complaint that I've developed now after playing a lot more of it, and that is I want an option to turn off the edge protection where you are when your character runs up to the edge of a platform and you can't run off, the game just won't let you run off because it's like, hey, no, we're gonna stop you here and stop your moment because we're gonna save you from yourself. And while that probably should be the default because they want this to be some people's first game, and it's not usually a problem, when I was playing some of these challenge levels and I was trying to go as fast as possible just because that's how I was enjoying playing those, getting to the edge and having my characters momentum completely stop when I was trying to carry that momentum through the like the run off, Uh, very annoying feelings. So I'm like, please just let me turn that off, especially when we're gonna be doing these speed run levels that would be fantastic, but uh, I just had to get used to it. But I just no matter what, when it happened, it felt bad.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I know exactly what we're talking about happening to me. A couple of times that. Even one of the times where I did get hit by an enemy, I didn't want to. It's because like I got a weird stop short and then got hit by.
Speaker 2: Some Just yeah, that stop short is bad. No, go ahead, Mike.
Speaker 5: Do you think we're gonna hear about those speed run levels during the Estate of play later today?
Speaker 2: I hope.
Speaker 5: So.
Speaker 2: I think I think there's a chance. Yeah, I mean this is it's been a couple of weeks.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 2: I mean, if it's not now, it's just gonna be on its own somewhere.
Speaker 1: Why not put it in the state of play. I really think there's a good chance circle back to it. Please remind people to check out Astrobot if they haven't already. Sean, are you going to try and platinum it now that you beat it?
Speaker 4: Yeah? Because I did enjoy one hundred percent. I did kind of just want to see the ending so I could talk about a little and everything. But I was enjoying my time with a lot one hundred percent. I maybe it sound like I was really having some gripes there, but no, it, like I said in our review cast, they are nitpicks. As a platformer, is a fantastic platformer. I just wish some things were smooth over. And you know, even though this is technically the third Astrobot game, or like third and a half because they had a you know, the PS four tech demo as well, this is the first of this kind of game that they made where it's just a traditional standalone three D Mario platformer, full length and no gimmicks. And for that, it's incredible that he reached this quality on like the first effective time around. And so maybe we have like a Mario Galaxy situation where they just say, oh, we we could have you know, adjusted this, adjusted that, added more options here, and then you know, asked Forbot two is that incredible universal game that is just an all time legend. So that's why I'd like to see and I think they got a great start here.
Speaker 2: Can I check my trophies in the PlayStation app?
Speaker 3: Yeah you should be a can't do it on their site.
Speaker 4: I tried that one, all.
Speaker 2: Right, I have exactly one platinum and it is also as platinum as well. Yeah yeah, really super it just doesn't do anything I ever.
Speaker 1: Care about, like achievements score stuff like Super second.
Speaker 5: Like maybe year one, and it was like, oh, we're gonna go rent that Avatar Last Airbender game.
Speaker 3: You get a thousand plates away.
Speaker 1: We're bad.
Speaker 2: Actually it was it was never even that because I never cared about getting a thousand. It was just like there were a few games where it's like, oh, that's a cool achievement. I will try to do that one thing. Crack down crack Down one.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's what it is for me where I don't don't care about achievements much because while I mustly playing PC and Steam, achievements don't mean anything. So when it comes to platinums, it's only games I really really love, like I think I had the Persona five Royal one because you get in one playthrough, or games that have like a good trophy list. I thought Spider Man one had a pretty good once. I there too, But otherwise, yeah, same as you guys, don't really care.
Speaker 2: Wonderful, wonderful.
Speaker 1: Uh, Mike Minatti, do you feel like you are any close to platinuming Dark Souls too?
Speaker 5: Oh, I'm close to. I'm kind of close to the end here. I got up right up to the end. And that's like when I was told it was a good time to do the DLCs and there's three deals, there's three d ocs and Dark Souls two, and they're.
Speaker 3: Kind of bullshit. They kind of it's kind of a lot.
Speaker 2: They're kind of checked in a couple of times while you were streaming it, and it seemed like you were in that this is bullshit mode.
Speaker 5: Yeah, there's you know, each of them have three bosses, and the bosses are hard. That's fine, it's the levels are also pretty difficult, and it keeps doing that thing that I can play about this game where it's like, here's like a bunch of difficult enemy type. Here's like four of them deal with that, like is not even really meant for that. So that's fun. But I ventered what people are calling the worst area maybe any Soul's game. It's this just kind of barren snowfield with a few visual markers hope guide you. But half the time there's a snowstorm, so you can't see anything but pure white. And sometimes in the snowstorm, a horsey will come and charge at you, and the horsey is very strong and has a lot of health. The fans affectionately call this place horse fuck Valley. Oh yeah, yeah, those horses they just go at it with you, and it is awful.
Speaker 1: And what's a different kind of charging.
Speaker 2: I see, all right, well, so.
Speaker 5: These horses are you know, they're pret they're relatively tough enemies, and there's just a point where it's like, fight two of them now at the same time, and again, like that's so much harder. That's more than twice as hard video game, because sometimes they're just in a mood where they're just you know, their patterns are perfectly aligned where you don't have a single moment to get a hit in or to heal yourself or anything like that. At want point, there were three of them and I basically just stopped. It was like, Wow, nothing I can do about this. And then after all of that, there's no bonfire. It's just like, now go fight the boss, I guess. And then the boss is just the first boss from the DLC, except after you fight him for like a minute, a second one shows up.
Speaker 3: And I was just like, oh, I'm getting real freaking over it. I was getting kind of over it.
Speaker 5: I was even like finally using NPC summons just for this area because people were like, oh, they they meant for it to be played that way. I'm like okay, and like they weren't that much of a help, but at least like that was the first time I got to the boss even was doing that. It was the first time in playing Dark Souls one Duskless two I think, where I encountered a boss during a stream and.
Speaker 3: I was just like, I'm not doing this right now. I guess that's not true.
Speaker 5: There's that Chariot boss from earlier in the game, which was just basically a fun puzzle boss, but at the time I just wanted to do something else because again, the mob there was annoying. I tell you, that's like the that's the roughest thing about going back to these games is just the runbacks, right, Like outon Ring is just like we're just gonna put a bonfire or stake America over the boss, right because like, if a boss is hard and frustrating, as long as when I die, I can go fight the boss again, it's fine. But dying and then knowing that I'm gonna have to go and deal with like ten more horse fuckers and a snowy field that I can't see anything in half of the time. Every time that I die, it does it begins to wear on you a bit. I'm still enjoying Dark Souls too. I think it's a good video game. I understand why it has the reputation has as being the kind of most bullshitty one.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry, Mike. I just imagine you and your Arby's hat just like sighing as you walk.
Speaker 2: In the wild Minnesota, like with the snow coming down. And I'm defending horses.
Speaker 5: Have electric attacks, by the way, I don't know why.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they're electric horses.
Speaker 1: I don't know how I came across this game, and I'm not one hundred percent sure how to talk about this. I deferred to the Giant Bomb Brain Trust yesterday afternoon to uh, perhaps workshop some visual novel dumb show names, because I kind of want to play this support. I don't know if this is good idea. G I don't know if this is the port kay, I don't know if this is one of those. So again, I don't know how this came across my recommended UH. I have checked out Class of nine The Flip Side, and this is apparently the conclusion to a trilogy of the House of Nine series, where it is a fully voice acted visual novel, and the first game touts that it is the anti visual novel where instead of playing as like a nameless dude that you never see, you play as the as the cool girls in the scenarios. And let me just read this stem description for Class of O nine The Flip Side, the final chapter of the Class of O nine visual novel series, this time from a different perspective. Joy Nicole's best friend Jeca, as you help her navigate the pitfalls of postgrad life. See what two thousand and nine was truly like in this fully voice interactive sitcom. And I guess if you're framing it as an odd interactive sitcom, it kind of works that way. I think the Baby's handful of visual novels that I've played through are kind of more. I guess the ramp up is easier before you get to the weird stuff. And this is just like, nope, here's here's this hodgepodge of the year two thousand and nine, an anime all in your face.
Speaker 5: Just one screenshot is just an actual real life picture of a house.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Also, what is this Steam review that says the feet side, Well, I haven't gone to the feet side yet. I did a control f in the Steam reviews and feet has come up multiple times.
Speaker 4: That was the first thing you went to.
Speaker 2: Huh, well, I saw feet side of my guy. Gotta see what's going on here?
Speaker 1: Okay. Yeah. Also, as I understand content warnings all over the place for this whole series of games, because as they do get a little bit crass, they do kind of handle very serious subject matter. You can see that from the besides the feet stuff in the Steam reviews, there's some familial drama happening. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Also the UI this game is two different BUNSI impress, one of which is a sidekick cell phone, yeah, the other being a pill bottle.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: This is one of those games where maybe we won't play it on the site and we'll just talk about it on a podcast, but it's it's interest.
Speaker 4: Okay, I heard now now that you like. Now that I looked at the rest of the series on Steam, this has been like inm I recommended on Steam because I do like visual novels and that type of you're.
Speaker 1: Just as broken as I am, sewan As why well yeah, exactly no.
Speaker 4: But you know, I played so much like Donkan Rampa and stuff like that Ace Attorney that eventually you get recommended this stuff. I was like, what the hell is this? Game, but you played.
Speaker 1: Dopey Dopey Literature Club. I did one time, Yeah, four or five years ago, and then all these games won't stop getting recommended to you.
Speaker 4: I think that was like eight years ago or so. No, it was not eight years No, No, it was seven years ago. It came out because I was working at Best Spy the year that The Switch came out, and I remember listening to an IgM podcast where Miranda Sanchez talked about Yeah, seventeen.
Speaker 5: I wonder why so like this one, this last game of trilogy, is mixting reviews, whereas the first one is overwhelmingly positive.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that was the protagonist Switch. I was looking at the reviews and they're just like, the right one is good.
Speaker 5: Yeah, second one is also rolling positive. I guess I wonder what the big Classic on ninth fans would would say about.
Speaker 4: Visual novel fans are often extremely critical, though, so I don't know, you kind of do have to take reviews with a grain of salt a little bit.
Speaker 3: The first game here as a screenshot of a of a dude, and he's just a big guy wearing an Xbox sixty headset in an og Xbox shirt.
Speaker 1: So that's incredible fantastic, fantastic.
Speaker 2: Okay, some of these reviews are bumming me out positive ones. Oh I'm not gonna read the review. It really bummed me out, but it's from a reviewer. I think this one of the characters sucking Jecca's feet is the name of the person reviewing the game. So, oh my god, I'm just gonna close this now.
Speaker 1: Yeah. If you're a little sensitive to to stuff, uh, maybe the series is not for you at all. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I mean there's definitely like a lot of stuff in visual novels as a genre, and this stuff is touching on This game seems like it's touching on a lot of that. Yeah. Yeah, God.
Speaker 1: There was a food one like the kind of got messed up real quick that we played on a upf once. I forget what that one was called or a different one. No, Battle Chef Brigade was just like a that was a good game. Okay, No, this food game was good too, just got.
Speaker 2: Weird really quick. But that's all visual?
Speaker 1: Was it?
Speaker 2: Honey Pop?
Speaker 1: No? It was not Honey Pop.
Speaker 3: That's a match three? How dare you?
Speaker 5: It's not a visual novel anyway? Sean.
Speaker 1: You have been checking out a game called Bloodless.
Speaker 4: Yeah, this is the one that I forced Jeff to play on UPFD, so I did talk about it back when the demo came out for Steam Next Fest, and I have only played through the demo area here in the Fall game, so I don't have a lot to add to that, so I'll keep it brief because I I unless I miss something, your demo progress does not transfer unfortunately, even though it's the same stuff. But yeah, Bloveless is you play as a samurai who is revisiting her home world or home world homeland, and she feels regret for how much violence she has caused as a samurai, so now she has gone nonviolent. She uses her arm guards to parry attacks and tries to non lethally take down her opponents. And it it really stuck out to me because of the visual style I describe as a Neo Geo pocket color style game. Extremely specific, definitely, but yeah, it's very monochrome, either black and white or just you know, like black and a single color with splashes of colors throughout, you know, like a character like on the Neo Geo Pocket Color a character will be in black and white, but if their color is red, like all of their accessories will be red stuff like that. It looks very cool, very very just a vibes game you play at the end of the day or something. Because it is Samurai. It is even though you are playing someone without a sword, you are in Samurai fights, so his slow pace is deliberate. You wait for, like you know, the enemy to shine and then you like parry their attack. Because the gameplay is it's a dash you know. It's a top down two D game, so it's kind of hyper light drifter a little bit where you dash, but you're dashing into the enemy to parry the sword and like not get away. And so like I was playing it on steam Deck last night, just laying in bed before I fell asleep, and it was just you know, calm music with little, you know, little moments of action scattered throughout. It is a little story driven, so it's a little you know, again, slower pace good for that handheld gameplay, but it has moments that really ramp up, you know, Like we ended upf where she goes all this way, the main character to the village that she's trying to reach, and she non lethally takes on everyone. She gains the respect of all the bandits and everything, and they're like, you know what, yeah, like we can team up. And then a Samurai comes in and just decapitates the dude, like and she just like breaks down in tears. This green turns red and she kind of like starts having a moment there where she's like, oh god, this is why, you know, this is why I want to get away from all this. This is horrible. And so it's that kind of like really classic Samurai influenced that game. It's really I think it's really special. I feel like nobody's talking about it, but it looks cool. I think it feels good to play. I kind of just want to put spotlight on it. I guess I would ask Jeff I maybe not the best environment for it when we were yammering in you here about carmel, apple and panadas and stuff, but which.
Speaker 2: That's my ideals. I want to play my games.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Once I got the hang of some of the stuff, it was like if I felt very cool, which I think is what the game's going for. I thought that the the parry or the you know, the counter window was kind of the generous on the generous side, which is kind of what I would want for again, like this that is trying to make you feel cool. I thought that was pretty good. Then once I started mixing in some of the like you know, Dodge then Perry then or you know, the encounter, it was like, Okay, I could see myself getting into the flow or something like this, and I did really like the style.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you do get more moves eventually. Again, I've only a couple hours in, so I don't know how much you get, but you get They call it like the like the key strike, where basically basically you punch a dude, but you know, with like a little blast of energy instead, So they do give you more tools to work with. I'm curious to see how many more you get, because again it's just all about non lethally taking down your opponents in a samurai fight, which I think is a really cool concept.
Speaker 2: Yep, lovely Lovely John steam Deck.
Speaker 4: Fantastic against steam Deck.
Speaker 2: Yeah cool, Sean.
Speaker 1: You also put a game here on the list, and you didn't even write down.
Speaker 2: The name of the game.
Speaker 1: But I've felt the same amount of hesitation about bringing this up, talking about it, asking about it, or even playing it. So I'm curious to hear what you think Sean of.
Speaker 4: Oh god, we're saying the name. Okay.
Speaker 3: I think it's all good.
Speaker 2: Because the dame broke then, you know, like the publicly announced the game, so yes.
Speaker 4: It's everywhere now people are streaming everything. So I think we talk about Deadlock and you know what all that haul baloo. Deadlock's fine, just fine.
Speaker 2: I enjoyed what I played of it. I've not felt like huge or urged to go back. We stream it.
Speaker 1: We should, we should.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think there's something there, but it's definitely like that. I enjoyed it way more than Concord. I think if like you were to say, hey, Jeff, it's your decision, do you want to play like Marvel Rivals or Deadlock? I think in my head I'm like, hmm, I maybe am still more interested in Deadlock. I know I would have more fun playing Marvel Rivals.
Speaker 5: Marbles announced Silock is coming so right, although I don't like the character is fucked up character. I don't know anything about her except that she's strong and Marvel versus Capcom too, and that maybe a month.
Speaker 2: Played her in a movie. Yes, she made fun of my hair and then she went to go player she didn't really make fun.
Speaker 4: So Jeff, you grouped and like Hero shooters together in your brain, then.
Speaker 2: Right, I mean, I just I think these are the game the new games on the market. Is what kind of what I was doing here? Deadlock clearly is heroes in a shooter. It's a mobile. It's a mobile.
Speaker 4: Because my friend, my friend was doing the same thing last night we were playing. We're like, yeah, this is this is all right, but he was like, I would rather play Overwatch. I'm like, okay, interesting that you kept going to Hero Shooter whereas I look at and I immediately see mobia because it is if anyone hasn't seen it or whatever you just heard about people talking about it, it is just a mobile. But instead of playing from a top down perspective and you're clicking on the map, you are playing a third person shooter. So we're very smite in that way.
Speaker 5: We got Hero Shooters because of mobis it's just like, let's just take that part where you have these like bespoke characters and you have cool downs and you have ultimates. Right, but yeah, this one is strictly a mobile in terms of like the bases and the lanes and the shops and the towers, and like part of it is does just come down to, well, that's the genre, and maybe I don't love that genre. I do not like time to go shopping, even though this game does the thing where it makes it kind of painless. You could just find the community favorite like shopping list and automatically buy things, like well, at least I could do that.
Speaker 3: But then part of me is like, well, why do I even have to do this?
Speaker 5: Then? Can this just be a natural part of my progression? I guess you know the real sickos like having all that choice.
Speaker 4: Well, fine, because the bill does matter if you're trying to counter your opponents exactly. Yeah, right, it's.
Speaker 2: Just like but that's the that's the mobile side of like, well, you're playing this enough to understand what everyone is doing all the time, and that is hundreds, if not thousands of hours to really get that. Yeah, when is the last time you fired up DODA two? No, I've never been a do to two guy, but I'll do anything for this website CHAML.
Speaker 5: It's been like seven eight years and it was not a good time. Like, like, god, DODA two is way too much and I'm like I could play any game. I played Doda two and I'm just like, I feel like the dunce cap wearing kid and an old cartoon.
Speaker 3: I feel bad Sean playing like Sean.
Speaker 2: You guys should go back and watch the It must have been a upf for Dan went in to play DODA two and was like purposely being like all right, I'm gonna build my basis like like pretend like he was playing at RTS, and I think all the people who's playing with on his team got very mad.
Speaker 4: People get mad.
Speaker 2: It's a huge chunk of your day playing one max.
Speaker 5: They have this dead block is that you got Sorry, sorry, I gotta say it's one thing is that these games you freaking know you're gonna lose after like the first like five minutes or ten minutes of times, and you're just stuck there for another forty minutes of your life because that's how long a match takes.
Speaker 4: Well, no, you surrender.
Speaker 3: Sometimes sometimes you're not allowed to surrender.
Speaker 4: It depends on the game.
Speaker 5: It's like, I don't have surrender.
Speaker 4: I think League is twenty and then other ones have shortened it to ten. I will say I have never liked the valve look of a lot of these characters, like the their take on cartoony characters, which is what Deadlock has character wise, but it's nothing, you know, really hit with me. I say, I don't like these character designs very much. Ironically, what me and my friends ended up doing, we were like, I want to go back and play some Smite, and so for the rest of the eating for the next two hours.
Speaker 2: We Smite too is almost out right yeah, it's.
Speaker 4: And there's mixed things about that, and I kind of want to check it out. But we played so much Smite because this is what Jeff Mike I tried telling you guys forever ago. Smite plays like Star Wars Bowl Front two classic the way like you have a slight like lock on shooting kind of stuff like that. Weird, but it's in a moba. It feels so good to play. And so also, yeah, we only like long games, so me and my friends hopped into joust in Smite instead, which is just three lanes, faster paced, you get more gold, you get more experience matches over in like ten to fifteen minutes, and we had a blast playing that all night long. Because they also have the very cartoony art style and all the characters and stuff.
Speaker 2: They've had Jesus in that game yet or not? No avatars in that game?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 4: Yeah? Coors in that game there you go. Yeah, and Ruby from the hit show Ruby.
Speaker 1: Oh r w B.
Speaker 2: Why yes, Ruby Rose Ruby.
Speaker 4: Yeah. But that Locke it's I want to check out. Because all the MOBA fans on the timeline we're talking about, they're like, oh, yeah, this is it. This is the next one I played online. Eh. Sorry.
Speaker 1: When I was having lunch with Ben Pack, this was the one game he told me he's been playing it. I think it's because this crosses, this satisfies both big games that Ben has really gotten into.
Speaker 2: Word is that Overwatch. It is like a Doda.
Speaker 1: I ask everyone if the last time they checked out Doda too, because perhaps maybe one Monday we play a Moba together.
Speaker 3: And I would so much rather play a League of Legends and even a Doda to.
Speaker 1: So I can't play League Legends because I will actually get two talks.
Speaker 4: Say let's just play.
Speaker 2: Let's play Heroes of the Storm. It's still active.
Speaker 3: Anything Here's storm was actually fun?
Speaker 5: It was good.
Speaker 1: Okay, Okay, we played that.
Speaker 2: Lord of the Rings Moba that like, what's can anyone think of the name of that Heroes of Guardians, Guardians of Middle because they all had to have they all had to have acronyms like Doda Guardians of the Gome Gome gome rolls.
Speaker 3: Or goam or just one word that's short anyways, like Smite.
Speaker 2: We could let's do that and then let's let's play that that quick Battle Archies that came out recently. I can't sure. Yeah, uh yeah, I think it went to like early beta. That would be a fun because those are like ten minute matches at max and uh, we haven't really played that. Okay, here's thank you do.
Speaker 1: Here's what we do. We do that, well, we'll have a Toxic Toxic. We'll have Toxic Week, all right, and once we get to the tea's we'll have Toxic Week. So we'll play uh, we'll play counter Strike, we'll play valorin for the first time. We'll have Mobile Monday, we'll do Smite Sundays. That's right, we're working seven days that week. We're doing the full week this time. And then I'll play Legal Legends at night after I have like a couple.
Speaker 2: Of Biggie buzzballs.
Speaker 4: Yeah, there you go, flip and chairs right, we gotta play Pokemon Unite, dude.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we got enough people, That's true. Cram Gang, Rise Up. Kramerant was really broken when that game first came out. Things are broken, A lot of things are broken. Yeah, I have a checked out Pokemon unit. In a hot minute, I I'd love to circle back to that. Let's do that, all right before we get to the game of the.
Speaker 2: Wait, greb is that it's it's separate. It is separate. Okay, yeah, you would do it now, Uh, but carew Baker. I mean you could say Baker, they would it would pronounce like that. You gotta do the L and R soun at the same time. But yeah, Baker, it's goiman like.
Speaker 4: This is correct? Yeah, I mean I don't know spiritual successor or something like.
Speaker 2: Uh, it's it's good. Feel who did what they do recently? They did one of the Nintendo games recently and I'm not gonna be able to place.
Speaker 4: It, but I believe is good.
Speaker 2: They definitely I think they've done Yoshi in the past for sure. Yes, I'll get Bakru is a a Tanuki and he has so he has shape shifting powers and that's the main mechanic here. The other main mechanic is your attacks are the drumsticks, you know, like the title drumsticks, it's you can hit yeah, Prince Speach showtime. That's it. You can hit L one to use your left drumstick. You hit R one to do your right drumstick. You hit him fast and a beat he goes and that automatically turns into a combo. You do both at the same time. You do a heavier hit, you hold down both at the same time. You could do a big slam on the ground, which can make stuff like pop out of the ground. It looks really sharp, like just a really good maybe Sega style three D platformer like the Drink Cast Beyond where it's just a really good look, very colorful, very nice. One of my favorite parts of the game is that there's this these collectibles called trivia, and they're not like trivia about the game. They're just trivia about Japan as a country. Fun on the one I remembered is like I remember this because of you.
Speaker 1: Jen is.
Speaker 2: June first is International milk Day. October first is International coffee Day. So Japan made August first, the day in between coffee with milk Day.
Speaker 1: They called coffee that's when that's when Sean and I do the cyclops and.
Speaker 2: Like the game's just like telling me this. I'm like, well, that's pretty cool. And that was like just one of the collectibles I got. I'm really enjoying it.
Speaker 1: There is a.
Speaker 2: Mechanic where as you could transform into other things, like he has his human form, which is sort of the default, and that's when you're using the drumsticks. Quickly you'll add other stuff like a mini little guy form that is less powerful, can't really attack, but you can run into small little crevices, and then you could kind of do the Yoshi style hover jump to get over larger gaps because you you weigh less, even though that's not how gravity works, but in this game does. You just kind of hit the spam the A button as you're going over these things and you can hover over and it feels good. But your meter is depleting anytime you're in one of these transformations, but everything you kill gives you the power up to rebuild that meter. It's just it's good. I'm just I'm just having a good time with it, and I think it looks fun is a huge part of it. It just looks so enticing, and then everything you're doing really kind of plays into that.
Speaker 4: Looking at the Steam screenshots, you can tell that this is a good feel because this looks like a Nintendo game, Like this.
Speaker 2: Looks very Nintendo, very Splatoon.
Speaker 4: Or something like that, like you know, the the simple graphically, but having that distinct cel shaded art style. It looks great.
Speaker 2: It feels like a team that has worked with Nintendo producers and now it has a certain level of expectations that they place on themselves, right in terms of delivering a game that like just feels alive and jumping. Yeah, I'm just sort of at home in a game like this, So it was like I was kind of I'm in a weird spot right now where I'm not nothing's super looking with me, and I think it's just like I'm stressed out becase STEP's leaving and I'm busy over here, and it's like hard to like sit down play a game. So I was looking for something that gave me that good feel. And boy.
Speaker 1: Did they not originally call this a mystical Ninja game. I swear they did.
Speaker 2: I mean a direct or something. I think they you know, the direct they might have mentioned like hey, from people that worked on the Mystical Ninja. See, it's very it's very linked to Goiman.
Speaker 1: Yeah, blue hair and all going on.
Speaker 2: For people that don't remember, I don't know, like he were originally or a chan it's from. If you remember the N sixty four goim On games, there's mister Super Ninja. They have Mystical Ninja. They were kind of the other other three D platformers that people thought were pretty good. Lovely Lovely.
Speaker 1: Before we get to the game of the week, just as some couple of things I'd like to share with you friends here. I got to visit Digital Eclips yesterday interviewed Dan Amrick, writer for Mighty morphin Power Rangers Readers rewind. Interview is going to go up on the site soon enough, folks. We got some exclusies to.
Speaker 3: Blow journalism Jan journalism jam.
Speaker 2: That's right.
Speaker 1: That uh that one that one time a college professor destroyed my confidence in my writing.
Speaker 2: We're undoing that.
Speaker 1: Yeah. And also boys, yes, I got to see the PS five pro thirtieth interview. You get me one? You get me one?
Speaker 2: Did you get me one? That's just so hot?
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's such a good Mike and I dropped that so hot.
Speaker 2: That's so hot, and it was I was like, oh, oh man, I'm not a collector.
Speaker 1: I don't want to buy.
Speaker 2: However much is this gonna be? But I really want it. The good news is is that they're doing this color scheme and a whole bunch of things. So if you just want a controller, you're gonna have that option.
Speaker 3: I have so many controllers.
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, but if you, let's say this is gonna be your second PS five, maybe just get a digital edition one. And that's we've already seen the price.
Speaker 1: It's probably.
Speaker 5: They say them another one. Yeah, both have been sent to me. But I have a slim or whatever they call it. Sent me a slim. It's like my streaming one now. And that's the thing is like, I buy, but they might offer to send me a PlayStation five Pro, but they're not going to offer to send me this gray PlayStation Anniversary one. It's just kind of what I want.
Speaker 2: There's only twelve thousand and three hundred probably not that's so that's what not nearly enough.
Speaker 5: That's going to be a scalpers world there. Gosh, like I get limited, but make more than that, make a hundredth.
Speaker 1: Like the the twelve thousand is supposed to be like the original date of the PlayStation.
Speaker 5: I believe that just make enough of them to make more money instead.
Speaker 4: Of one hundred and twenty, because these are guaranteed to sell out. Yeah, whereas if it was a huge, huge number of them, they may have backstock of them.
Speaker 1: Thanks to Chiocky on steam Deck, I have purged the desire to pick up a PlayStation portal, although there's one of those as well, until I saw the thirtieth anniversary PlayStation Portal.
Speaker 2: It looks really good. It looks so hot.
Speaker 1: Adding hunu, adding the colors back to those face buttons would do it for me. God.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So it really does translate to seeing it in person, Jan is what you're saying.
Speaker 1: One hundred percent, And that's what I think hurts the most. And because it wasn't just the nostalgia of that original shade of gray. It was seeing it exactly as it was in my head of seeing like a PS one or a PSX for the first time, like, oh.
Speaker 2: No, that's there gray. Oh man, look at this thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I want to put this in my pocket right now, but I'm not wearing my cargo shorts anyway. Let's get to the game of the week, which is actually a bunch of games UFO fifty. Y'all play this on UPF last week a portion of it, and.
Speaker 2: This is GREB.
Speaker 1: Would you like to say that this is a collection of games and there's just kind of some other jazz going on. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So UFO fifty from Derek You and friends. Derek you did Spelunky. They announced this a long time ago. It took a long time to get completed, and it's pretty clear why now playing it. It is a collection of fifty nes style games or any S level games, I guess you would say. And the UFO fifty refers to a fictional console called the UFO. I believe that they that they kind of built into this world and all these games are supposed to represent a timeline of games released for that thing, starting with rudimentary games and then getting to stuff that's a little bit more complicated, and then getting the sequels of some of those games. They're in factors, like some that have multiple sequels, so like you get to like Campanella three, for example, and these things get more complicated as you as you play, So they developed like a fictional timeline and that seems to be where a lot of the not necessarily effort, but like where a lot of the elongating of the timeline of releasing the game came from.
Speaker 1: I am.
Speaker 2: I think I'm playing it and maybe not a necessarily a weird way. I bet a lot of other people are doing this, but I'm kind of feel a little bit of a compulsion to complete each game, like see credits before moving on to the next, and I'm trying to break that a little bit, but it's I'm still like very much I want to play a lot of this to see if I can get credits, because I would just I want to see the cartridge turn gold. Because there's a five by ten grid or something like that, or ten by five grid where there's ten games and then like each one is gray until you play it, and then it turns like a light color or colorful, and then if you beat the game, the cartridge itself turns gold. And then if you do like apparently if you get everything or you've reached a certain level, it turns red. And I'm like, oh, I just want to start by getting the gold cartridges. That makes me feel good. And I did that with Barbuda Barbuda the first one, which is very rudimentary, very esoteric in how it works, your characters, very slow and chunky, and it's it doesn't feel great to play, and I eventually kind of fell in love with it because it's like, oh, it is cool to eventually be like I'm lost, I'm I'm lost. I should just try this. Oh wait, is that is that stuff not moving? Wait? What's going on here? And then you jump in there and you survive and you feel not even necessarily clever, but you feel such a sense of relief because you're like, oh, I figure out this puzzle and now I can move on. And figuring out each one of those things was a pretty fun process and now it's like, oh, I've committed some of so much of this to memory. That Barbuda being this like relatively short game, it's like I could do a run in like five minutes now, and that's pretty cool.
Speaker 1: My favorite thing about games that will replicate like an NES style game is how much more detail that they add to it because of modern technology. One of the games I enjoyed a lot of is Kick Club, and like the kid you play has a little pompadour that as you finish a level. It kind of like wiggles around as you finish a level as he's being transported to the next screen, and that's kind of you are a child kicking a soccer ball around and use the soccer ball to defeat the enemies. I'm approaching this game completely different than GREB, where I'm just checking each game out and if I bounce off of it, I'll bounce off of and check out another one. Hotfoot is like a this is gonna be near not near impossible, but we'll probably just talk about a couple of these games in UFO fifty. But Hotfoot is a bean bag dodgeball game where you choose a team of two and for the most part, these games are like two button games, right where there's like an action and then a jump or whatever usually, and your button to switch between your two players also is the button to pick up stuff. So I was kind of getting tripped up where I would pick up a bean bag but also accidentally switch to my person CPU person, and then you're charging up your bean bag to throw at the other team, and there's like all this other crap being thrown on screen, and it's very overwhelming, but it makes me really want to play dodgeball shoot dodgeball.
Speaker 2: Bashido ball.
Speaker 1: Bashido Ball is like a wind Jammers, like where you were playing as a samurai.
Speaker 2: It has versus. It does have versus. We should probably check that out out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's really good too, because there's parts of wind Jammers where I'm just really terrible at it. But because this treats it more like just pong where you're hitting the ball back and forth, it translates a little bit better.
Speaker 2: All the different.
Speaker 1: Characters have specific abilities, and ah god, I just it has a really good dash.
Speaker 2: I love a good dash.
Speaker 5: Yeah you brought that up in Emcmickey Big Dash guy. Also win Janners.
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah, yeah, okay, okay, we'll play some Dolph at the beach together next time we see each other.
Speaker 5: Guys have a complain about UFO fifty.
Speaker 3: Why is it not Switch?
Speaker 1: Is it not? It's not.
Speaker 5: I just assumed it was, Like I'm gonna go get that. Everyone's talking about it. It is not on Switch. I think it's only on PC right now, and that bummed me up.
Speaker 4: Weird game development is hard.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, lazy lazy game devs.
Speaker 5: By the way, Yeah, it says before look I don't try to help us think it's great on seed deck. I would have guessed this game was good on Steam Deck. I don't know if I need yeah, but I know, but I just like playing things on switch.
Speaker 2: You know, are you are you playing at Mike?
Speaker 1: No? I switch?
Speaker 5: So I did it.
Speaker 2: Sorry, Okay, I did like spend a lot of time and bug Hunter the second game a sort of puzzle.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: It's a puzzle strategy game where you you kind of get cards and you can swap out the cards if you get enough of these on screen power pellets. But those power pellets you can also shoot with your gun, which is one of the cards you have, and that'll make them explode and they explode in a three by three grid, and if that hits another one of those power pellets, it'll cause a chain reaction and it'll blow up all the enemies in there. I've gotten pretty far into that, but I haven't been able to beat that. I think you've got to get to level twenty five, and I've gotten to like fifteen or sixteen. It is like it's about management where you got to like stay on top of the power curve. Because they're each round, more things will spawn onto the screen, but you got to deal with anything that you didn't clear out last time, and those things often like level up, so it takes multiple hits to get rid of them, or they turn into eggs, and if those eggs hatch, the entire screen gets filled with bugs and you automatically lose. It's clever, it's well just behind and I'm I think it's like all these games have enough going on that if you give them time, it's actually easy to sort of be like, oh, I like this this is there's they really they cooked here?
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, there's some full length games in here.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, there's there's at least one Metroid Vane. I guess there's there's JRPG.
Speaker 4: Like I've been playing as well, and I just started, so I'm only through a few of them. I'm kind of doing what Jan did, where just going in order if a game strikes me, I spent some time with it, and uh so I got through the first five or so.
Speaker 2: It is.
Speaker 4: And it's interesting because some of these are like kind of intentionally bad games, but it's because they are trying to portray the history of eight big games through their own original games. Like that first game. Yeah, Barbuda is like, it's kind of a bad game, but that's the point.
Speaker 2: To reflect that you could like you could be like, oh I I love that game because you like didn't have anything else, and if you sort of put yourself in that mindset, you can have the same thing.
Speaker 4: It feels very faithful. It's certainly interesting. The one by way it's the l X is the fictional system itself. I don't know how UFO plays into, okay, but the one that I stopped at and just kept playing and playing was a Mortal m O R t O L, which apparently there's two of them in here.
Speaker 2: I've heard mortal too, like the Confederacy of Nilpis.
Speaker 4: Hall, where the entire premise of it is that, yeah, you are like this fleet of people or something, and you are protecting the mortal. You're trying to clear a path for them or something, and so what you do is it's it's a two D side scroller, and in the upper left end corner is your little airplane and dudes drop out of the airplane. And when your dude hits the ground, you can do one of three things. You can either uh, it's the Ritual of Blank like was the ritual of stone where you turn to like what Tanukisu Mario, you know, you just turn to a block, there's a ritual bomb where like your bomber man like blow up to like clear the way. And then I forget what this one's called. By ritual of arrow, I think, where do you just like Superman's forward until they their head sticks into the dart dart and then you use them as a platform for the next guy. It's hilarious.
Speaker 2: It's very comical, and it's also very like smart as a postle game, where it's like it's broken up into levels and if so, if you clear the first level, you'll have however many lives you have left, and if so, if you did really well on the first level, and now, like I was able to like clear it, you start with twenty lives. I was able to finish it with twenty one lives because there's pickups along the way, and so now I start the World too with twenty one lives, and I'm replaying World Too a couple times because I'm like, I'm actually losing some and I lost a lot the first time, so I was down to like ten lives. I'm like that or like eleven and it's like that's not enough. I need to go back redo it become more efficient so I can set up a news save for World three where I have at least near twenty lives and it's like, okay, so I'm gonna I'm gonna try to improve my efficiency playing this level and try to apply what I've learned. Like a good puzzle game.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's just a puzzle platformer that has resource management elements. As a card game player, as a TCG player, I love that, and so it's just really hitting with me.
Speaker 5: Likes it like the Pokemon card game for game Boy, or it's exactly Geo Pocket.
Speaker 4: It's exactly like that. Yo, that's great. He's not listening to where I said to.
Speaker 3: But I was looking at this thing.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry, look at Sean while he's talking.
Speaker 4: Jesus. Anyways, the point is it's very good. And yeah, it's just like Jeff said on game That's Morn exists today. Mortal could have been just his own little Steam game, you know, for like six bucks or whatever. So the fact that's one of the fifty in here is I'm promising for some of the other ones that are really going to stand out.
Speaker 1: I I've gotten really attached to House Party. I don't know if you all have checked that one out yet.
Speaker 2: I'm not, but I've heard a lot of a lot of people are talking about that one.
Speaker 1: You were you were managing. I also love that most. My assumption is most of these games have zero tutorial The.
Speaker 2: You get like the.
Speaker 4: Controls you can press was x on each one before you go into it to get like the most basic of quote unquote manuals explaining.
Speaker 2: And like a little bit of the history about maybe who developed it. But I think that's all that's all work.
Speaker 1: House Party is a party management game, and it is it's neat because you start with you get the layout of a house, but you only get four or five house tiles, and those tiles correspond to the amount. It's not because it's a tile game that I like it. It's because of the house party game, and I love house parties. And the number of tiles that you have in your house correspond to the number of guests you can invite over, so you can have a You initially start with a party of like three or four people, and each individual guest that you invite to your party either adds money to your party as to your popularity, and I forget what the third meter is. But also some of these different guests in your roll the decks, because you have a roster of people that you have available to invite. Some of them are trouble, but some of the other party guests will counter our counter effects to the trouble. So if you have a very troublesome party goer, if you have a dog, the dog takes care of the trouble. Or you can invite a cop over and that cop will kick someone out.
Speaker 2: Uh no, no, no, we don't. I did not pick the cops. I don't let them in.
Speaker 1: Just never let them in, you know, I'll let in the trouble.
Speaker 3: I have an important correction, jan Oh yes, please do Mike. This game is called party House, not House.
Speaker 4: Party House. Party Steam is something oh different.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, that's the game where you can whip it out and you don't want that.
Speaker 4: Oh you are you play that one, Jeff.
Speaker 2: I didn't until I could. Until I was like, oh, you could just whip it out and that's a mechanic. I'm like, this is creepy, and.
Speaker 1: Uh, thank you for the correction. Party House, I got you don't worry. Thanks thanks Bud. Thanks uh it's it's neat. I didn't understand what the hell was going on and then like you see the meters go up and like, oh, I can buy more tiles in my own house.
Speaker 2: Cool?
Speaker 1: Is it?
Speaker 3: Is it a tiny Tower like or whatever that was?
Speaker 1: It kind of reminds me of a Tiny Tower or whatever that game was.
Speaker 2: Maybe it was.
Speaker 6: Tower Tiny Tower or whatever that game was, probably what.
Speaker 1: It was called.
Speaker 5: I think it was Tower Tiny.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: God, I can't wait for the BCR stream where we rank all fifty.
Speaker 5: I really really like because I you know, I have been kind of like trying to look at these games as you say them, which is sorry shot again if I didn't spot game.
Speaker 3: But god, it all looks really fun, and I'm maybe I'm not going to wait for a Switch releases.
Speaker 5: I don't know when that is. Maybe I'm going to jump on this sooner than that.
Speaker 2: Any of you have either of you played Gulfaria yet. I was about to check it out, Okay, me too. I'm like that's the one. I'm like, might be the most me one because it looks like a Kirby's Dream Course adventure game, which is maybe the greatest combination of words I've ever heard, and it's apparently it's one of the Derek you games, which, uh, you know, I think he kind of nails these things. Yeah, so it is like your you're it's a golf game where he plays the ball and you can uh you know, do a regular shot. You could do kind of the air shot like Kirby's Dream course. But it also is like calculating physics in real time, so as you move your shot, like if let's say there's a slanted piece of ground, it'll show you how the ball is gonna curve. And it just looks really really well done. So I want to play that one, but I'm like, I think once I start that, I'm not going to play anything else, so I kind of keep putting it off.
Speaker 3: Yeah, is there anything that's like a bubble bubble like in here?
Speaker 8: Probably yeah, probably my bobble Like like I probably I have played like maybe ten of the games, so Flow Campanella is one I did try because I was curious because that one has Campadella two and three and that's like a little.
Speaker 2: Lunar Lander kind of game where you can move through narrow corridors. Well, there's like usually each level gives you options where it's like here is a wider corridor but maybe with an enemy, or here's a very narrow corridor but it's clear, So what do you want to do? And I'm like, i want to like challenge myself, So I'm going through these narrow corridors and it's it's pretty well done. I'm like very curious to see how they're gonna build on this with two and three, and some of these sequels are like the first one is and these are the shoot Developers was developed by one team and then someone else made a sequel to it. I also kind of want to see how that works for some of these things. It's just it's interesting on multiple levels. UFO fifty And of course we're talking on the very like uh, the surface level, like hey, what it's like to play these games. I have no idea what that terminal does yet, where there's an able you can put in the game Genie style couns, and even I think it's showing you like bits of ram uh like sort of on the side where it's like what if you adjusted, like what is in this this little segment here? I don't know how that works?
Speaker 4: Oh right, you think this is a mew You think we do? You think we have UFO fifty one.
Speaker 2: I think I think we probably do have at least UFO fifty one. Yes, I think there's hitting games. There's probably more to it than we're we're even realizing. So I think I'm excited about that stuff. Although very frequently stuff like that in games I get excited about and it's like I think I'm just gonna go see what other people have done instead of doing it myself. But right now I have the bug, and I'm like, well, I'll give it a shot. I'll see if I could discover some of these things.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, okay, what if it's frog fractions, you know.
Speaker 2: That would be fantastic, and frug fractions is so good.
Speaker 1: Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful, beautiful. That is a whole bevy of video games.
Speaker 2: One less thing as a record, No, just I gotta give people the pointers, tips and tricks. That Pilot magazine is closed, Well it's it's a Pilot Tips and Tricks to dot Com goes to Giant Bomb. The Pilot Quest game is an idol game, so you probably want to start it earlier. So just go start that one now get it going and you can kind of I think maybe even idle stuff some in the background. I just kind of started it myself.
Speaker 5: But yeah, okay, all right, the.
Speaker 2: Simpsons tap out like exactly exactly.
Speaker 1: Thank you boys. That is it for video games. Look forward to BCR this week for conversations on.
Speaker 2: Some other stuff that's been a barged.
Speaker 1: That. Thank you Mike for that. The embargo bumper, We're going to use that moving forward, folks, get ready for video game news right after this.
Speaker 2: Quick, Bricky Brad, don't go anywhere.
Speaker 1: That's right, keep keep your butt down unless you got to go somewhere with your butt.
Speaker 2: This is the news with Jeff News out everybody. Let's get into some news. Let's let's start here. We did talk about a little bit, but PlayStation announced the thirtieth Excuse Me Anniversary collection, including Gray PS five and PS five Pro. I will add that we did get some details about the pricing. As we mentioned, THEPS five Pro won't be limited to twelve thousand, three hundred. We don't know what the price of that will be, but some of the other numbers have begun to leak. Bill Bilkoon over at deal Labs was able to see that the PS five Pro thirtieth Anniversary Edition digital one, which is just a non pro non pro exactly, and the exact same thing that is already on shelves for four hundred and fifty. That'll be five hundred for the for the thirtieth anniversary edition. The controller, for example, which is now sells for seventy five after a recent five dollars price increase, will be eighty dollars. So they're adding just a little bit on top for some of these things. Now, if that gives you hope for the PS five Pro thirtieth anniversary edition, don't do that, because that's gonna come of a dual Sense edge. Yes, it'll have and it seems to have everything in there. We are probably talking at least one thousand dollars for that.
Speaker 1: So is it bad that I'm thinking about maybe getting the dual sense edge or the dual sense just so it can get that funny, funky USB chord.
Speaker 2: No, Because that USB chord, so if people don't know, like, there's a little clamp you can put on the USB chord that makes it look like a PS one style controller that you plug into the PS one. Except for now you're plugging it into USBC. So it's kind of kind of stupid in a good way.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I really like that.
Speaker 4: It looks that you're pluging PS one controller into a PlayStation. It's really really cute.
Speaker 2: It's a lot of fun. Yes, yeah, this was This was the kind of necessarily come out of nowhere. I think there were like rumors they might do something for this. Pre Orders do start. Let's see in about two days from this recording, So on Thursday gonna be a blood bath for the PS five pro for sure.
Speaker 1: Let's get a group one. Yeah, Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants this, you know.
Speaker 2: I would love that. Yes, I'm gonna try and give me one of these because I'm gonna get in line.
Speaker 4: Even after saying I don't want to spend seven hundred dollars on console, I will spend one thousand dollars on console that I can use for work, and then we'll be worth like five thousand dollars.
Speaker 3: So it's a pretty easy, yeah for you.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, just for me because I don't have a PS five and it would be useful to have one. Stuff borrowing my friends, wiping in, then putting my stuff on there and wiping a game. When I get back, you know.
Speaker 5: Yep, it's Oreo cook zero still hits by the way, Oh my god, it's good stuff.
Speaker 1: So I've heard I got to do the can over the bottle, right.
Speaker 5: I don't know.
Speaker 3: I thought they both taste good so far.
Speaker 5: I did laugh because you know Nikki, who I love dearly, like they did the video like Dan, I'm like, let me straight, like through the Coke zero Oreo in the trash and I was like, well, do you like coke zero? And they were like, no, guess guess what it primarily is.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I wonder, I wonder what's up with that? Well, what could be?
Speaker 5: So that's my new canon is like all the people who come at me like, oh, it doesn't taste good, I think they just don't like Coke zero because it is only a Coke zero, so they're not a Coke zero fan. You're used to normal coke, then maybe it throws you off. I am very used to Coke zero and is like my favorite drink.
Speaker 2: You can't replicate the taste of Oreo with a real sugar, That's impossible.
Speaker 3: That'd be disgusting.
Speaker 2: Yeah, can go ahead. Unrelated to anything. I'm sorry.
Speaker 3: I love how dare you interrupt the show with the random.
Speaker 2: I host the show. I could do whatever that hell I want.
Speaker 1: I hate the number of times we've collectively all gone down to Los Angeles now because I developed the taste. I'm sorry, Sean Sooner or I swear to God, I've developed a taste for the aspartade I've I used to really like Coke zero, but now I think I just like DC.
Speaker 2: You like coke? Yes, it's funny.
Speaker 4: I went.
Speaker 1: I went to the Fandom office to see if I had any belongings there the San Francisco on. We're moving offices, folks, don't worry, nothing bad is happening. And I know as soon as I say that, people are just gonna assume so whatever. Uh. I went there to just pick up some miscellaneous office supplies that I could perhaps use if I had any belongings, if I could steal a dragon, rock the dragon. And then I went to go raid the kitchen and all the dcs were gone. We just had full coke and full PEPSI there, Oh that's undrinkable. Yeah, that's wait.
Speaker 2: Cocero does still use aspartain, but it uses something else in addition to that, where coke does does seem to.
Speaker 4: Just use zero is superlose?
Speaker 2: Well, you know, hey, this was the Google AI, so you're probably right. I thought it was.
Speaker 5: I thought there was still aspertain here, but I actually no, I'll check.
Speaker 3: Hey what we're moving office? Were you guys are moving offices. We're not gonna look over Loabrea tarpits anymore?
Speaker 1: No, no, no, no, San Francisco office. That's that's a different.
Speaker 5: Am I talking about. You're right, the LA office. That makes more sense because that's where the Lobrea tar pits are. There's that, Yeah, that makes me. There's that.
Speaker 2: He's just looking at the coke listening to me.
Speaker 5: I listen, that's where the Lobrea tarpets are. I got the wrong city. I know it's all California to me.
Speaker 2: Okay, PlayStation State of Play.
Speaker 3: Return Supers and Supercoast there you go.
Speaker 2: Uh yeah, they're gonna have a PlayStation State of Play later today. They're gonna cover over twenty games. It'll last over thirty minutes, let's see. The show will feature news and updates on more than twenty upcoming PS five and PSVR two games from from various studios. I don't know if that's actually true. We'll see. Yeah, the things to expect that Lego Horizon's game still not out. Oh, a bunch of marathons come out next year. Maybe there's the rumored Horizon here Don remaster will get that in a second, and other games. I don't know, where are you guys expectations level at for a PlayStation stadium.
Speaker 5: Well, like the Stuffy said, maybe more remasters. Maybe that day's gone one, and maybe I say have to, they don't have to. But we know so little about what's happening with PlayStation beyond this year that it would be nice if they announced least one big triple A game that's coming out in twenty twenty five. It could be something from Sucker something, Oh, bring it back, Last Jumping Flash, Mister Mosquito.
Speaker 3: All the stars.
Speaker 2: Are Ai Phil Hartman voice. Everyone will love that, everyone will.
Speaker 3: Be a big fan of that will be very respectfully done. Yeah, it'll be great.
Speaker 2: I do.
Speaker 5: I hope there's at least one good one last thing. But again, I think remasters is the ore the day. It looks like that legacy of Kine one and two remaster collection is already leaked on like some store somewhere and we've already that also already leaked that Comic Con before this, so we're probably gonna hear about that at least, you know, state of place you know becomes people centers for get this, and even I kind of like always get my expectations too high for what they are. They are generally kind of low key. They don't have the biggest announcements, and that's a lot of partner stuff and a lot of stuff we already know about.
Speaker 3: I think what what's.
Speaker 5: Weird about is that we haven't had a PlayStation showcase in a good while. It was one last year, right last year May, and we know so little again about twenty twenty five September. You know, maybe maybe Xbox announce a lot of stuff tutorly, but it is nice to kind of know, like, well, we got you know, Fable, we got Perfect.
Speaker 3: Doctor Tarkings coming. Yeah, we know what it's going to be.
Speaker 2: It used to do that, like that was their thing, like twenty fifteen, twenty sixteen. I hear's stuff coming three four years.
Speaker 5: And I want I get to do that. But presumably there are some games coming out next year that you can announce now at least because if not this is already you know, kind of a quiet year for PlayStation I you know, enjoyed it quite a bit because.
Speaker 2: They don't want Ghost of Tution mean to get drowned out by fair games. Mike, Come on, I understand.
Speaker 5: That, I mean, right, But like Ghost of Shushimid two, you would think that's a twenty twenty five game, I would assume, so why not announce it?
Speaker 1: Chance?
Speaker 5: But if that's not the twenty twenty five games, something has to be the twenty twenty five game, and I would like to know what it is.
Speaker 4: Ye.
Speaker 1: What if their twenty twenty five game is not one of their games and they're just hoping people associate GTA six with.
Speaker 2: A PS five, Well, they definitely are doing that. They're definitely going to try to pull because I mean PS five Pro will be the best way to play that because it's not going to be on PC when it launches, right, so their well positioned to take advantage of that. Let me ask you all some quick questions, yes or nos? What if you want to elaborate feel free? Will we get a date for Metal Gear Solid Delta. I think we're going to get twenty twenty four. Still, I'm hoping so because I just picked up and fan or no I didn't. No, no, Dan counterpicked it, and I need him to. I need him to uh uh lose points on.
Speaker 3: That it does well, why did Dan counterpick it?
Speaker 2: I'm I'm hoping he doesn't have like inside information the game in person.
Speaker 1: Yeah, go to an event, this is preview was pretty good.
Speaker 2: Yeah, exactly. To be fair, he doesn't. There's not a lot of options left on counterpicking because most of the counterpicks.
Speaker 1: Have been really and he was he like, oh the.
Speaker 2: Like the final date for that is in a couple of days.
Speaker 3: This is how I win.
Speaker 1: Though. He comes out right really well.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Dan's bowe.
Speaker 2: Yeah exactly. We're so back right, That's why I'm back. You and I are back in it. If if it comes out so totally counts me out.
Speaker 1: I have four major releases yet to come out this year, So me and.
Speaker 2: Mike, You're back in it back Okay, Final Fantasy Tactics th Reema to remake.
Speaker 1: I don't play with my heart like Jeff, it's not gonna happen.
Speaker 2: It's not gonna be.
Speaker 3: It's gonna happen, but maybe not this year.
Speaker 1: Maybe that's what I thin it's not gonna happen to do so, By the way, I still think Medal years next year.
Speaker 4: I just.
Speaker 2: It doesn't seem like a weird thing to say that at this point because we don't have a date and it is almost October exact.
Speaker 1: Do we have a date for Silent Hill too?
Speaker 2: People are playing that, aren't they? Like online people are playing it. I think it's out soon, like early October there.
Speaker 4: I remember seeing that story that's console on PS five for some mixplicable reasons for.
Speaker 3: A year, you know, like, we're probably gonna see that here.
Speaker 5: We're probably gonna get a reminder and trailer that's like the constuff we're gonna see.
Speaker 2: Final Fantasy nine remake.
Speaker 5: No, no, not yet.
Speaker 2: I guarantee it's there just to mess of you guys.
Speaker 5: Don't don't get me excited. Look, if you want to see me have a pop off, I kind of do. Yeah, yeah, that would be exciting, but uh, I don't know. Uh. I still just have a hard time imagine what that is. I'm gonna be so excited for it, but it's just not real until it's real, you know.
Speaker 2: To me, it's it's gonna be right in line with the Crisis Core game, right that they did with the because they updated all the assets for that.
Speaker 5: I think they I think they have to do more a PSP game. This is a PlayStation one game. You kind of just can't replace character models.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think we're in agreement that it's gonna be a persona three reload situation, right reload.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's it's going to like mimic the years a game in a lot of ways just dividuals. Right, and if it's been like twenty years as you played it, you could check yourself even to thinking it's a one to one that's gonna basically be a new game.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Last question, Resident Evil nine, do we get like the first teaser of that?
Speaker 5: That's just so that's a big game, and like normally I would not expect it at a state of play, but again, like I think we everybody wants us to be a state of play plus, right, that's what we all want to be fair.
Speaker 2: The September state of plays traditionally are lesser than the ones earlier than the year.
Speaker 3: Yeah, gosh, I would love to.
Speaker 5: It's been a surprisingly amount of times as we heard about the next like what the next resue would is remake or otherwise.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think that's most likely to be the big thing here. Honestly, I just think it feels like it's time.
Speaker 1: I don't know, I feel like with TGS later, TGS is this week, isn't it it's this weekend?
Speaker 4: Well that's my thought, is like something can be announced here and be on the show floor at TGS.
Speaker 2: Right, Yeah, that's why, like that's straining two probably does show back up in this thing, right. So yeah, Okay, so we did mention this Horizon zero down remastered. The reason we think that's going to be there is it was just rated by the es R. Yeah, so that seems very likely that that did bring up some other stuff where someone mentioned to me that there's any even more disappointing remaster, and then Jordan Midler was like, yeah, I heard that Today is Gone and that's what I've heard as well. So both of those could if they do both of those, they should pair them up where it's like, not like we'll release him as a two pack or something like that, but be like, and Sony's doing some the remasters for people who want to see these games back, and that's Horizon zero done and Days Gone don't treat them both like big special announcements.
Speaker 5: You know those names rhyme. You could maybe the announcement could be like a little song or a rap. Okay, that's the Horizon zoo down. Guess what would also bring it back days gone, like.
Speaker 2: Legacy of m back the fuck up?
Speaker 4: Hold on, I want to talk about Horizon Wait why because.
Speaker 2: It's I know, I get it.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, wait.
Speaker 4: No, regardless of the quality of the game, I want to talk about the weirdness. Do we know how this is going to release in any way?
Speaker 3: It's going to be a box, it's going to be a Bucks sixty seventy dollars.
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 4: Not not. What do you think do we know for a fact anything about this from the.
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 4: No, That's why I'm saying. That's what I'm saying. No information is is there is this possibly just a Spider Man remastered situation where they just replace the original?
Speaker 1: No? Bet, I mean because the rumor, the rumor is just they're updating the models and the cleaning up the graphics.
Speaker 4: That's what they did with Spider Man.
Speaker 3: That's also what they did with Last of Us.
Speaker 2: Nor remind me, remind me how Spider Man got.
Speaker 4: Spider Man was what it was a pre order bonus for Miles Morales.
Speaker 2: Was it where they it was a concluding that if you well, I think if you bought the upgraded version, you would get both right right.
Speaker 4: It was like deluxe edition of Miles Morales, which is how they made Miles Morales a seventy dollars product. Was you get Spider Man Remastered, and eventually Spider Man Remastered just replaced Spider Man. And that's like what PC has They just have Spider Man Remastered. I'm wondering if Horizon zero Down Remastered just replaces Horizon zero Down on storefronts and then so you know, if someone's buying it for the first time, that's how they refresh the MSRP to seventy dollars. But if you already have it, maybe it's a ten dollars upgrade, or maybe it's a free.
Speaker 2: Up That seems likely impossible.
Speaker 4: So that's why I think, like again, regardless of how you feel on the game, I think that's what makes it not such a crazy proposition.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, and we get it. They probably started this, uh in between projects, and they started this definitely when they were thinking that the TV show would be ready. I like, again, I always say I'm bad at reporting on TV and movies. I don't understand that world. But what I hear is it's troubled. I don't know if that means anything, but you know, that's the TV show. So yeah, I could see why they thought this was maybe a good idea, better idea, I don't know it. They get to sell it for more money going forward. That is a good thing for them. That's kind of all they care. Yeah. Uh, Days Gone is maybe even it is even stranger.
Speaker 5: But I mean I always think that, you know, and like the people that the Day's gund Defenders are weird. That game did so about a copy somehow, so I don't know, but I mean, so like seven million or something.
Speaker 2: It's more than Bloodborne. It is more than.
Speaker 4: Blosse because Horison popped off with the casual audience. That's sold really well. But yeah, no, you're right, seven point three two millions.
Speaker 1: So people love freaks. Yeah, I don't know, faking, right, I think that's freaking. I think if they announced Days Gone today a remaster, we have to do Days Sean, Yeah, we have to.
Speaker 2: There's no law.
Speaker 1: Darn.
Speaker 4: It really sucks I don't have a PS five, you know, I just can't even play that game.
Speaker 5: It's just to play the PS four version.
Speaker 4: They have a PS four kind of a console player.
Speaker 2: Definitely, they'll be on PC as well, right, yeah, but this version will probably come out on PC at the same time. Maybe Legacy of Kane Soul Reaver one and two Remastered leaks via ps N. Legacy of Kane Soul Reaver one and two Remastered has appeared on the PlayStation Network. The page for the game mentioned on a statute during San Diego Comic Con if people remember that story has officially now gone live early. The bundles include both Legacy of Kane Souleriaver and Legacy of Kane Soul River two.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 2: Where you play is cl who's like that main cool looking vampire vampire dude. He doesn't have a bottom jaw, right, It's like it's got virtual jaw. He's all top an ascot or whatever, all top top loader.
Speaker 5: That's cool. I bet I bet like that two rated team it did? Those are you masters probably just like went straight to this. I don't know if it's them, we'll find out, but yeah, these games are have a great reputation. I've been meaning to play them for a while, so this will make that very easy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I gotta go back to a blood Omen legacy of Cane play some Silicon Knights get.
Speaker 5: Some It's like a diabolo like, right, it's like a top down gen RPG. It's it's a little weird because you know, I don't know about you. I never heard people talk about Sorry for Two nearly as much as the first one, let alone some of the like there's a couple other sequels like Defiance or whatever.
Speaker 4: It's weird names.
Speaker 5: And again, you never hear people there's even a legacy of k blood Omen two. Right, and yeah, people you think about that.
Speaker 2: You said blood Omens a diabolo like it's a too human like please come on.
Speaker 1: Part and more? Right, Right, Raziel is so hot topic coded that I feel like if they just wanted to bring him back, it would do numbers.
Speaker 2: It does feel like that side of the vampire scene is not being served. Did you watch that Centers trailer, the Michael Biewordan Vampire movie. That stuff looks great. I know that interview with the vampire is very popular. Right now. They need someone who's more like, uh not like sci fi, but like it just got more going on as a vampire. So I think Raziel could fit into a more rizz with the vampire.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, something he's got, that's.
Speaker 3: What it is.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 2: Nintendo of the Pokemon Company are suing Power World developer Pocket Pair. Uh. This has kind of been everywhere, but we'll recap it. They are suing them for patent infringement.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 2: And they I still don't think we know exactly what patent it is up.
Speaker 4: It's the legends archyist catching style, which.
Speaker 2: Was throwing a ball to capture some thing. They did patent that in yeah, which we have twenty sixteen, twenty seventeen or something like that around then, so that patent would still be going patents the last twenty years and then they expire. And this is them. They're really going hard after this. In fact, they are doing a thing that they've done in the past with other law suits where they are updating their patents and adding sub patents to strengthen their case, something apparently you're allowed to do in Japan. And every time they've done that and they sued someone, I haven't done it in a while. And the case where they do this is not coming to mind. I'm sorry, but when they've done this in the past, apparently they've always won because they've been able to strengthen their case so much through these sub patents.
Speaker 5: Wait, what, why are you allowed to change your patent after the pack to make it look like somebody copy your patent more?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's weird. It's like I think they're adding like more details to help people understand what the patent is. But this is definitely Nintendo taking advantage of that to bully another company with a lawsuit. Now I say bully because if you're mad at them for infringing on your copyright, sue them for copyright infringement. They're not doing that. Clearly, I agree that those monsters look a lot like Pokemon, And while that doesn't bother me, it like, yeah, they're doing that, and if you want to say that's copyright infringement, go ahead. But they're not doing that because they know that that would be a very hard case to win. Meanwhile, this patent case something that they in Japan. It seems like they might have a pretty good case, although of course I am no expert on patent law, especially in Japan. There's a chance they could still settle. Of course, we'll see how it goes. But a Pocket pair did say that they promised to fight against this, so we'll see how.
Speaker 4: This whole situation kind of just buzs me out because when I first saw that the laws it was happening, I was kind of winced a little bit. I didn't like read it yet. I was like, all right, but if it's about the character designs, like look, regardless of how you feel about like Big Corporo and all that, artists are having their designs copied like there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that does think. Yeah, it's not even stolen. Yeah, and it's not.
Speaker 4: Even like, oh, we have a Wulu on Pokemon and then you know they they made a sheep, a ball shaped sheep. No, it's down to the fact that they like you can look at some of these pals and it's like, oh, that's literally Agron's legs. You just three D modeled the exact same thing down to the ornamentation. That's not cool and that I thought I assumed would be what they were going after. Is that copyright in French if.
Speaker 2: You want to have that conversation in court. I think that it's Nintendo's and the Pokemon Company's right to do so, but they're yeah.
Speaker 4: Like people are kind of propping up like what they did as like oh yeah, because you know, screw this giant corporation. But no human beings who want to make something cool are having their art traced over and that's just not not okay. And so I was like, Okay, look, it sucks that it has to go to court, but if that sets a precedent to protect the artist involved in here, I was like silver lining at least. What sucks is that it is copy or pant trolling that they are.
Speaker 2: Going and patrolling.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they're just trying to force their pass, which that sucks because that's a lose lose situation for everyone involved because that is them's trying to stomp out the competition. If they win, we can't have like Pokemon likes on Steam or whatever. There's a lot of you know, these indie teams who are trying their best with stuff like tem Tem and Cassette Beasts, that is, you know, them trying their best to come up with the original idea, that is like you know, this the Pokemon concept and everything. They're trying really hard, and so if they can't have that competition anymore. That sucks verybody. But at the same time, you know, if Pocket Pair wins, is the you know them with their copying stuff and everything, and.
Speaker 2: That Pocket Pair poked the bear, poke the bear.
Speaker 4: And now maybe we're going to get even more of that, and that sucks to I just think this entire situation has become crappy and I just can't.
Speaker 2: See if I was if I was worked with Pocket Pair, if I was a consultant or lawyer, I would have been like, hey, you need to change this more. Because Nintendo's lawyers. There's a lot of them, and they get really well paid, and they like to do their work, and they're gonna they'll come for you. And then this is the kind of thing where it's like Nintendo might want to send an example now is all that fair? Again? I I just I don't care all that much, but the patent trolling does very much bother me. Yeah, yeah, because we don't we don't need patents for game mechanics. It is the kind of thing where it's just gonna hold everyone back. If you have an idea, just make it better than everyone else who also has that idea.
Speaker 4: That's been the theme of like how I have been thinking of games this year all the way back to when we were talking about Prince of Persia earlier in the year, which Matt's wild I think that was this year, but were I was talking about, Yeah, if someone just gets something right, like the idea does, just take it because it's just you know, it's it's a mechanic that someone solved, and so yeah, just take these metro vena concepts that someone else solved, and that's how we get innovation, and that's how games develop. And yeah, going against that is just again bad for everyone.
Speaker 1: Yep. I Also the more I thought about this case, I worry about like the miscellaneous things that the Pokemon Company and Nintendo's been just like waiting to also try and take down. Like the thing that I do on the side occasionally is I love Pokemon Showdown, which is like a battle simulator site that you can play on a browser, and a lot of VGC players use it to like test out teams and just because it's it's still stupid hard to breed Pokemon in the actual games, And I worry like, all right, Pokemon, say they take down Power World, what else are they going to try and take down around them.
Speaker 4: That is something well interesting because I know for a fact from hearing stuff that the Pokemon company are national, you know, governing our the Western stuff. They are well aware of Pokemon showdown and they have to be Yeah, yeah, they are. They they are well aware, and they just choose not to do anything about it because it's not being monetized, or at least not in any significant way that I know of, like it, I don't know. I don't think they have a Patreon even or anything, but no, it's just like this free thing that fans about that they're like, fine, whatever, that's that's okay. It's always the second you start monetizing something that infringes on their stuff is when they get they have to get involved. Like uh, there's a digital gaming video that came out recently talking about shut down Pokemon rom hacks, and the connecting thread with all the major ones I got shut down was almost always those rom hackers opened a Patreon to explicitly support development of the romacker. They're like, well, no, now you're making money on our thing. You can't do that.
Speaker 1: So yep, you think power World is going to have an Avengers moment in the courtroom and then like tem.
Speaker 2: Again on your left pie.
Speaker 4: I'm curious how some of these indie developers feel about Pocket Pair, because like CEO is like an AI bro who's like talking about generating Pokemon on his Twitter and like, oh, what's the best way to make a new game just copy what is successful right now? It's like, I'm not sure how they feel about that guy. At least I bet.
Speaker 2: I bet people responsible for Digimon see themselves as we did a lot more work than they did or something.
Speaker 5: They made their own thing. So yeah, yeah, did youmant season Want still a banger? By the way, sorry of course, yeah.
Speaker 2: Uh Grezo. Zelda Echoes Wisdom started out as a dungeon creation game. I just put this in here to say I told you so. I called that when Yeah, I was like, yeah, like that, I bet they were just going to make a Zelda Maker and then they're like, actually, it's more fun to play this as an immersive sim or something like that. But I knew. I was like, yeah, they were making a Zelda Maker, and I was kind of playing. I'm like, hey, maybe this should just be something. They would just make this a real Zelda game instead, and like, hey, good idea.
Speaker 5: That was the Links Awakening remake where they first or they had like the tile dungeon.
Speaker 2: Had, the tile based Dungeon Maker, right, and it seemed like they were going to expand on that soon. And that's clearly what they ended up doing because this is Grezo, the team that made Links Awakening a the remaster remake, and so that was easy to connect the dots there. It would be like they were working on that idea. All these things feel very similar to like how you would play stuff, Like if you imagine Super Mario Maker, now translate that to Zelda, it would be like, here is an item from the world, copy it, paste it down, and that's just how the game plays. So uh, any sort of longing still for a Zelda Maker, you guys, I.
Speaker 3: Mean it would be it'd be fine.
Speaker 5: I and I was ever bitten by the Mario Maker bug quite as much as you were, Jeff, But you know, I like it fine, But I would definitely take an actual bespoke, new like two D Mario game over Mario Maker. And that would definitely take a new, bespoke, top down Zelda game over a Dungeon Maker, I think.
Speaker 1: So.
Speaker 5: I'm glad they pivoted here.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think Mario Maker taught us that the reason Nintendo's games are so good is because people don't know how I'm making Mario level.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think Mario Maker pretty good at it. That is a different type of game. I think Mario Maker two did five million copies and that that just seems like the ceiling for that kind of game. He's gone levels right exactly, which is a little bit shameful, but U so Zelda Maker was gonna do not as well as that. That kind of proably made it pretty easy for them to decide against it. Speaking of Nintendo, it submitted a mysterious new wireless device to the FCC, the American Regulation for New Electronics. Nintendo recently submitted a mysterious wireless device, model number CLO zero zero one to the FCC. This device is not the anticipated switch to console. It is entirely new product line. The diagram shows the outline of where the FCC label will be displayed on a squarish footprint with routed off corners, which is, you know, this is just something that might refer to no actual shape of a real object. They just need to do that for the FCC. The device is surprisingly light on wireless technology, lacking five gigaherts or six gigahertz Wi Fi and Bluetooth, but it does have a two point four gigahertz Wi Fi radio and a twenty four gigahertz millimeter wave sensor. The twenty four gigaherts millimeter wave sensor is a particular interest as it could be a radar sensor to track movement. Guesses as to what the device could be include a new gesture and gesture control interface, as an upgraded doc for a device at Super Nintendo World theme parks, or even a return of the Quality of Life sleep tracking initiative.
Speaker 4: It's a lot. It's an Apple watch.
Speaker 2: It was right, and and uh, millimeter wave like sort of wireless like I don't know if it's lied ar or whatever. That stuff would be the kind of thing you would put into a watch, yeah, tracking movement of like arms in your body and have it be a health thing. You don't know.
Speaker 1: Who has to give me money for being right?
Speaker 2: But I'll give you twenty bucks next time.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, it's not as sweet if you give it to me. Grub right, I'll draw a.
Speaker 2: Picture of a Miamoto over Andrew Jackson so one of the same, right, Yeah, yeah, exactly. Yes, had a lot of similar policies to Andrew Jackson.
Speaker 1: Andrew Jackson loved hanging out caves and collecting bugs as a kid.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, twenty four gig herts is a big gigaherts. That'd be very so if people don't know though, like the bigger or like the more frequent the waves. So that's twenty four gigaherts twenty four thousand times per second. The the less deep it can penetrate, so it would be very poor for something like Wi Fi. And instead it is like it's going to stop, like the first time with any other I know, I was trying. I was trying to avoid it.
Speaker 4: Podcast tonight.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it is like, oh boy, I don't know. I even explained this. As soon as it hits like a body or something that don't stop, so would be able to sense things very close to it. What they do with that, I don't know.
Speaker 3: Is this just to make sure we like, don't play ROMs. It can just be watching.
Speaker 2: I'll be fine with that.
Speaker 3: If it's a watch, damn it allowed intended to police you.
Speaker 2: It's a watch.
Speaker 3: The Minority Report, the Wenority Report, I don't know.
Speaker 2: Multiple sources dispute Concords four hundred million dollar budget. That was one of the things that popped off last week that the game as part of it's a failure and as part of the director's stepping down, and we don't know the fate of the game going forward, but the director stepped down recently. Reports are hey, Sony thought this was going to be a Star Wars level success, and that it costs four hundred million dollars. That number is probably way way more than what it actually cost to make the game itself. That's not to say hundreds of million dollars aren't tied up in many of the decision decisions related to this game and the studio, because the studio was part of a group of studios that got a big investment of like two hundred and fifty million dollars, and then Sony acquired it, and then they spent a lot more money making it. So somewhere along the line, lots of money has been around this game, but the amount of money that actually went to the people making Concord probably was around fifty to two hundred million dollars. Either way, A big, big, sort of fine this company's go to pay to take the game offline and not make any money from it. Uh so, yeah, a huge failure regardless before in a million dollars. Not quite realistic. No game has a budget that big so far, eight years a long.
Speaker 4: Time expensive that was debunked, wasn't it.
Speaker 2: I think eight years is maybe a little bit of a misnomber. I bet there were people like beginning to think about it eight years.
Speaker 3: Playing over Watch and beginning to think you should make one of these.
Speaker 4: Sure, what I heard was that, yeah, the actual dead time was more like four years.
Speaker 2: Yeah, right when it actually started in years would just be kind of wild, even with everything else going on. Yep, eight years is a big number. Two. Sega unveils new like a Dragon game pirate Yakuza in Hawaii. I love this, Yeah, Sega, and you gotta go to ku close enough, It's okay. I have announced like a Dragon pirate Yahkuza in Hawaii and action adventure game starring Goro Moduma. The game will release on February twenty eighth to twenty twenty five for various platforms. Heard it's about one and a half times the size of the Man who Lost his Name. The Man who Erased his name. Yes, so a man another one of these that is it's exciting, it looks really fun. It is it's Maduma in Hawaii with a couple other extra islands, including one that is mad Atlanta or something like that. Atlantis could go on.
Speaker 4: On two very different things there.
Speaker 2: I was like, either way out of doubt. Yeah, like a crazy Atlantis like gambling like debauchery zone in the ocean, and that looks like a lot of fun. But yeah, I'm I'm ready for this in a way that like I was not ready for the Man who Erased his name or anything else before playing.
Speaker 5: Impressed up many games they released. It seems like, yeah, just very recently we had man raised his name. There's that one that took place like in more like Feudal Japan, right, not too long it was like a remake, so yeah, that not that long ago. And then eight of Infinite Wealth and now this, Like I think you're very smart about maybe you know, reusing certain things, but not at a point where it feels tiring, at a point where it's like, oh cool, we get more of this thing. I was just impressed of how like sorry through constant support. Yeah, because like a Dragon is this franchise that like seemed kind of small and now just is very important as kind of a something of a something of a cornerstone right now, right.
Speaker 1: Grubb, would you have been as excited for this if you if Infinite Wealth didn't click with you as much as it did?
Speaker 2: No, no, no way. I'm definitely down for this because, uh, for as much as I liked Infinite Wealth and I did see some of these characters, Gorol Machum has always been one that's like that guy seems cool, but I've not played a ton of games where I've interacted with him, so it's like, well, now I'm going to get a whole game of him just doing his thing. Although apparently he has amnesia as a pirate, but whatever, I'm still like the character looks crassic.
Speaker 3: It is it more the turn based style or more of the beat them up style?
Speaker 2: It's action style. Yeah, it's not not turn based at all. It doesn't seem like.
Speaker 5: I sees to be what they go for with these spinoffs on yeah.
Speaker 2: Right, and I think they want to keep both things alive. So it's like, and the turnbas is working really well now for the main series, so they can do other things with these spinoffs. Yeah, just they have a real handle on how they make games, and clearly that is they They've said this in interviews. I know they talked to Gene Park about this. But like, we don't get why so many game other developers reboot everything with every game we treat, we treat. We're gonna treat Hawaii like a movie set and we're gonna reuse it for our next several games. And it's just a really good.
Speaker 4: Companies not just also have you know, a mainline that's turn based and then they spin offs over here be action based.
Speaker 1: I don't know why more people don't do that, Sean, that's silly talk.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the kids won't like it. They don't like turn based.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we gotta, we gotta make our thing like an action game. Is good to track all sorts of new players. It's really exciting. Meanwhile, most popular action video game of recent time is Out and Ring, and then and then the the other most popular game reason where it was Balder's Gate three.
Speaker 2: So turn base, turn based doing just fine.
Speaker 5: Turn based and complicated action RPGs doing great.
Speaker 4: They okay, okay. Addressing the offen in the room, Square Enix had one Action hit on their hands with fifteen that were just like everything needs to be this now, It's like, no, it's.
Speaker 1: Okay, excuse me, not just fifteen a certain fun uh trilogy. That's not just a trilogy, remember me. No, it's a it's a males from a video game series.
Speaker 3: You know, some people are some people are I see are hoping for a Foul Fantasy thirteen trilogy remaster.
Speaker 2: I've seen that.
Speaker 5: I think they're just trying to janifest that. I wouldn't hate that, though, that would.
Speaker 2: Probably get reassessed in a much more happen eventually.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I don't know if will they market it?
Speaker 1: Will they market it as Lightning Can Strike thrice?
Speaker 5: Yes, yeah, the check.
Speaker 4: I would want to see them remake fifteen into Versus thirteen before seeing like remastered.
Speaker 5: It seems like a lot of like what was going to be Versus thirteen is maybe going to Kingdom Hearts for it's.
Speaker 4: So fun weird, that's funny. I just think they could have done.
Speaker 5: Yeah, there you go the money please?
Speaker 2: What's in verses thirteen? What fifteen turned into?
Speaker 4: So you see knockers in the city, like fighting a bunch of guards and it looks kind of like Devilment Cry and stuff that turned into fifteen eventually, where they turned into like the Open World and stuff.
Speaker 3: I'm kind of with you. To me, I'm like, well, what is in fifteen? Just what versus thirteen?
Speaker 1: It is?
Speaker 5: Apparently like that early version of versus thirteen was so different people are still.
Speaker 4: People got very acted to the trailer and the idea of like an urban final fantasy kind of right.
Speaker 2: Yeah that sucks good over that?
Speaker 4: Uh, what's something Jeff likes? We need to shit on something? Yeah?
Speaker 3: How about what if mud Runners suddenly you you play.
Speaker 4: As I'm just gonna be hazing you on every stream next week during.
Speaker 2: Like mud Runners? That means more for me as an anime girl instead. Okay, well listen, put wi Fus in mud Runners. Yeah, maybe guys would.
Speaker 1: Play I'm all in now.
Speaker 2: After Dead Rising capcom asks players if they want more deluxe remasters.
Speaker 1: No, no, definitely.
Speaker 2: Not, like, yeah, of course we do. Yeah please.
Speaker 5: It seems like, uh, I haven't played it yet. I'm winning for October. People seem very happy with this rematter.
Speaker 2: I played the preview and it was really well done.
Speaker 3: So yeah, stream has seemed very into it.
Speaker 4: It's not a remaster. This is a remake, it's an engine now like this is again the same game again but just completely overhauled. This is more effort that I think they're giving credit for.
Speaker 2: It's a very least a big boy remaster.
Speaker 5: I wonder what else though, Like, do you think people would still be excited about Lost Planet? Which is also well.
Speaker 2: That's gonna because like if we're talking about uh Dead Rising, we are maybe talk about the three sixty era.
Speaker 3: Yes, yeah, which is a weird era for Capcom because they did have.
Speaker 4: Some hits.
Speaker 2: Replayed Bionic Commando. But I don't think they're gonna do it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's like like that or Dark Void.
Speaker 1: I don't really.
Speaker 2: I think they're gonna know, definitely Void sadly Dalist Dark Void recently, I think they're pretty recently.
Speaker 5: Listen, I had to go and buy it.
Speaker 1: Like the original DMC trilogy. Again, DMC will get it.
Speaker 2: It's remasters, I think.
Speaker 4: Yeah, a lot of people are disagree with this, but I think d m C one getting a remake, or even if it is a deluxe remaster like this where you add stuff to it, I think that'd be cool because DMC one very clearly being that resident Evil game is supposed to be, I think is inconsistent with where even just two end up going from there.
Speaker 5: I mean, we know what everybody wants, at least what they're allowdest about is Dino crisis. So maybe you should just go ahead and do that.
Speaker 1: Beautiful Joe Joe.
Speaker 3: Piano three collection.
Speaker 5: Dude, they did, Yeah, Magmu leedges like, don't want remakes. Remaster collection is completely fine. Those games already look and sound. Gore just was sure one had a remaster not too long. That was the only one. Yep, that was the only one out of that series. Sura's Wrath. There's the three sixty one there you go anything with that. That's just a movie.
Speaker 3: Sure's wrath, man, I thought of that one in a hot moment.
Speaker 5: I love comedy, oh commy, Yeah, but this isn't Okomi already, Like there's an HD O commy.
Speaker 3: I don't know what else you need to do to a comedy.
Speaker 1: Know, maybe make the ink more inky at like four k internally on like the p S three or however that end up working out.
Speaker 4: That game is wild.
Speaker 5: Beautiful Joe would be a pretty easy slam Doug. Yeah, have two games there. You can put Red hot rumb or whatever in there, like the already looked pretty good.
Speaker 4: You just Remaster never talked about utful Joe like he was in Marvel three, and that's like all he's.
Speaker 5: Ever Gotto versus Yeah, I bet we I bet they bring back beautiful Joe for remasters. I don't think they make new ones or any thing like that.
Speaker 2: Dead Rising was the actually was the best one to do first though.
Speaker 5: Yeah, they can also just do Dead Rising two and that's easy enough. Think people still like the two. I like three. I think Dead Rising three is a very underrated launch game that was a good Xbox One launch game. I know by four everyone was over it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I think generally people like three.
Speaker 4: I don't think any of those games are like bad, it's just people got.
Speaker 5: Yeah, people are just I don't know why, but people seem down on floor for whatever reason.
Speaker 2: I personally kind of don't need much more than Dead Rising one, but I get it for people. That's where I was stuck with the series. Is Cristiano Ronaldo coming to Fatal Fury?
Speaker 4: Tell me, man, what's going on here?
Speaker 2: Question mark? He tweeted something exciting in the making and let me click on this link and see what he's and then it says there's a video that starts with S and K, what the hell yeah, hashtag Fatal Fury, Cristiano Ronaldo and Fatal Fury.
Speaker 1: I know.
Speaker 4: Yeah for the audio listeners who can't watch this video right now, it's just a video of a soccer field that zooms in on like you know, the tunnel they walk out of at the end is a door, a metal door. It's as Fatal Fury on it as the logo on it, and just like someone's breaking in the door down and you don't see who it is, like.
Speaker 2: Picking a soccer ball at it right.
Speaker 4: Well, that's all I'm wondering, Like what is he gonna be a character? Is he gonna be a skin for someone else?
Speaker 5: Like?
Speaker 4: What the hell is going on here?
Speaker 5: He'd be ware if he's a character. I guess it could happen. I mean, incredible, what all that Sonny money can do for you? Huh uh? But Terry out today? Terry is out today.
Speaker 1: That's right.
Speaker 2: It's I was likeah, check that out?
Speaker 1: Cool?
Speaker 2: All right, let me so last check, make sure to miss any thing. I think We're all good, jan the show is back over to you. News is done. News is done, and so is this segment.
Speaker 1: We're going to hit you back with some emails right after this brick and break. These are the emails the show emails. BombCast at giant bomb dot com is the email address to send your emails to. You can send an email about virtually any and everything. You got a fun little quiz you want to send her away? You got a grievance. Uh, someone treats us like their personal Twitter feeds, so they just send every single update about their lives to the BombCast email address. I read any and everything. Uh, so please send them our way. What if you got a complaint, You want to guess someone up? Yeah, you just want to say type the word fixs to me, then just just do it. Uh, send all your fixs to BombCast at giant bomb dot com. Yes, that's right, I said. I see all the feed picks you send and I I'm that's all we're gonna say about that. First email comes from Jerry in Wisconsin Bombers. Last week on the podcast, the interim crew was talking about as about having a Day's Gone character in it. They then had to have chat remind them of said character's name St. John as if they forgot Saint John existed. They also made fun of the man's name. What are you gonna do to remedy this Saint John erasure. I could forgive Turbo, Shawn and Nikki for not knowing about him, as they were likely children when the game came out, but Tam and Mitch should have known better than to forget the premiere.
Speaker 2: PS four Massive.
Speaker 4: Forgot the premiere. I had to point out, Yeah.
Speaker 1: I don't want to throw the term fakeass gamers around, but at the minimum, some more reverence towards a system seller like Days Gone should be appreciated next time. Follow up question, what does Sony Green like first Day's Gone two or a new ape?
Speaker 2: Escape Gone two? Are Days Gone three?
Speaker 5: I look, I tuned out A Day's Gone right after that first trailer, like I had already never liked zombie stuff, and Days Gone was like, so.
Speaker 2: I hate to see a man love his wife and riding or like he rides his hog or whatever, so I do.
Speaker 5: God, Yeah, it's just like the deal, especially like when Sony already had Last of Us as a zombie thing. It's like, here's more zombies and I was just like, Wow, I could not care less about this, So I never I couldn't pay attention to a second of Days Goss. So I think I played one demo at one thing one time, and it wasn't very interesting. Look, maybe I'll give it another shot again.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 5: The guy being a weird jerk kind of throws me off at all too though, to be.
Speaker 2: Honest, sure is weird.
Speaker 4: Yeah, sure he is weird. I've never played it obviously, But like, is this game not problematic? Like I just can't see the universe where like this isn't just a real jerk, weird guy doing weird things, like.
Speaker 2: I bet it is pretty like tame On all that. I bet it's just like it's just a zombie game.
Speaker 5: I think it's probably just it's still a PlayStation four games like published by Sody.
Speaker 4: It's probably pretty so much.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, it's no Darryl Dixon, that's for sure.
Speaker 5: And ape Escape before Days Gone two, oh of course, yeah, God, like come on we allowed to talk about that at least by now.
Speaker 4: You we stream that. Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, like come on, that ape Escape level and as about was so freaking fun.
Speaker 5: I'm dying. Even if it's like I mean, that's a series that would be great for like that crash spiral style remake situation. It's make them prettier because they're already fun. You don't have to do a whole lot there. I love that.
Speaker 1: Hit me too. Jerry in Wisconsin ends their email with hashtag freakers, hashtag ride my hog, hashtag deep.
Speaker 5: That's the other thing too, all the all the you know, it's one thing with these other franchises that refuse to call things zombies. These are the most zombiees looking zombies ever, and they're like they're freakers. God, God no, I could just never hear the word freaker and not get violently angry.
Speaker 8: Uh.
Speaker 1: Next email comes from Dylan from uh div not dib dib with some indie RECs Hey BombCast crew. It's been an incredible year for games, especially indie games. I've been having a ton of fun trying a bunch of indies this year and have some true gems that have been overlooked in my opinion. I want to offer some recommendations for members of the crew that I think you should check out before the end.
Speaker 2: Of the year.
Speaker 1: Jan I think you'd really enjoy Shogun Showdown. This came out recently and it's a unique spin on Rogue Light tactics. It reminds me of Into the Breach, but it's more simplified on a two D plane. Despite the simplification, the combat has a ton of depth to it. Okay, Dan, as a fan of Warriorware, you should check out fish Like. It's only five dollars on Steam and it really captures the micro game fund of Warriorware. Grub nine Souls is a phenomenal mess Vedia with securo inspired combat.
Speaker 2: Oh, I didn't know that. I don't think I need to say anymore here. I know I need to play it. I know.
Speaker 1: Backlar Fallen Aces is a crime noir FPS that is a throwback in the style of some ninety shooters. It has some really cool style.
Speaker 4: I think has played Fallen Aces.
Speaker 2: I don't know. I don't think something.
Speaker 4: I think he talked about I've played it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I talked about it.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Minati Yellow Taxi goes vroom these three feet platforms with a retro style.
Speaker 4: It is fine.
Speaker 5: That might sounds like a game for babies what they're talking about. Yeah, yeah, I know.
Speaker 4: I'm just saying that. I have so a fire escape where Mary's trying to have this very like deep emotional conversation. Dan's like, screw that. I want to talk about Yellow Taxi Goes Room.
Speaker 1: You were a taxi that drives around the stage doing platforming. It's really stylish and the soundtrack goes horrider than you'd expect.
Speaker 5: I think Jeff played this on it. You hear something and I've looked at him like, hey, that looks great. I would love to play that. So you're right, I definitely do. Before down here.
Speaker 4: I play one too. It's very good.
Speaker 1: I think any of you would like these games, really, but these are ones I thought might fit your specific taste. Some honorable mentions I think are worth checking out as well, Anger Foot One, Bitten, bt N Bosses.
Speaker 3: Yeah, hey look at this.
Speaker 5: This game, Yellow Taxios Room is forty percent off on Steam with tump Bucks. I will buy it right now because somebody I don't know on the internet told me to.
Speaker 2: Thanks Dyl Mike.
Speaker 4: It's very like Saturn and PS one coded.
Speaker 1: Hell yeah, uh go Mecha ball click olding. I am your beast. Enjoy gaming. Dylan from candle Knel Canal Fulton, a.
Speaker 2: Small pool inspired physics puzzler where you combine balls with similar size to create even bigger ones. I am getting this now.
Speaker 5: Apparently already own this game. Actually I don't need to buy it.
Speaker 1: Thank you.
Speaker 4: All right, that's the one where Jeff asked for a code on Twitter and you wrote his coattails to get code.
Speaker 5: Oh play this video game, all right?
Speaker 2: Go Mecha ball is because I like it. Okay, it's on game pass. I think pinball style physics missed with mixed with an arsenal devastating weapons.
Speaker 1: It's like a devastating isometric haites.
Speaker 2: Like if oh yeah, look at this.
Speaker 5: Okay, Okay, I see, I see. I feel like I've seen this. Looks pretty cool.
Speaker 2: A twin sticks shooter hades. Okay, that's that's my stuff.
Speaker 3: Many Shoot Adventures still a very good game from this year, by the way.
Speaker 1: Absolutely yeah, yeah, good year for games.
Speaker 2: Turns out with that, Owen.
Speaker 1: Owen writes in so the Giant Bomb crew and friends fall into the morphing grid with a specific console game controller. As a result, that controller is now a morpher with signature weapons and zword based on games from from this console. It's morphin time. What console are you shouting out? What color ranger are you? What would your zord look like? And what would be some weapons you regularly call upon as an example doesn't have to be red An e s. Red Ranger who uses Mario's Fireflower and Zelda's Master sword, the Zord in the shape of Rob the Robot. I went from White Bear Lake, Minnesota.
Speaker 3: Atomic Purple game Cube, a.
Speaker 2: Cute DS and the stylust comes out as a sword, and I could summon the elite beat agents. Who can they be my zord?
Speaker 1: Yeah, White Ranger p S one Classic, and then I have a shield and it's the flip up lid of the.
Speaker 2: PS one flip up lid.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I can't shut up about that pink PS two, So you know what, I'll just grab that one and my eye toy turns into something somehow.
Speaker 2: Orbital laser can I would use my bongos to.
Speaker 5: Pad upon us to victory. One doty Cock jungle beat us to victory.
Speaker 1: I don't I don't like any of that. I'm going to read the next email now. The next one is about ads, and I am in no well, I'm in some control of the ads you hear on the podcast. Sometimes I've been getting ads for things in Ireland when I listen to the BombCast. I live in the US East Coast and have no connection with Ireland. I just want to say thank you, and I hope it doesn't change, because these as sounds so much more pleasant than the normal US ads.
Speaker 4: I guess, yeah, that happens wires.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I occasionally would listen to a podcast and the algorithm and be like, we know you speak Spanish, and I'm like, I do not. I don't know what you think I'm going to do with these ads. I don't understand a single thing that's being said. Uh, but yeah, keep giving me fifteen Spanish ads per podcast.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I guess we can shed some light on that. When you listen to a podcast on almost any service, you we have zero control over what ads you get.
Speaker 2: We just we could choose to eliminate some categories of ads like political ads, broadcagor yeah, people can still line say this is not a political add still sneak in there.
Speaker 4: So generally speaking, we just say these are wherey ad breaks are, these are, this is roughly how many the person should get here, and then the service just does their things.
Speaker 2: So yeah, yeah, as you download it, it algorithmically inserts it at that moment.
Speaker 4: Exactly, just splices them in we don't do anything about this, so uh, you know, if you get some weird ass, sorry we didn't do that.
Speaker 1: And last email of the show. And I appreciate everyone that writes a lovely email in to BombCast a giant bomb dot com is email address. I appreciate and I read everything. This email comes from Kellen Hello Bombers. On a previous episode, Cam believed that Bloody Roar likely had a huge impact, if not being the start of the furry culture. And I find it's interesting that Mike Minati sat silently when he is fully aware of the fall films existing way before the late nineties Bloody Roar, that only sold four hundred thousand copies was released, robin Hood, Beauty and the Beast, The Lion King, Jungle Book, a goofy movie, and many others.
Speaker 2: Are we saying Disney fully responsible for course?
Speaker 3: Who do you think had the market cornered morphic animals?
Speaker 4: Jeff, you are wildly attracted to Nala from The Lion King. We all know that.
Speaker 2: Wildly attractive. I just noticed some things, is all. I noticed what them?
Speaker 1: I mean?
Speaker 4: Maybe my best joke of all time is when I ask you, Jeff, is Nalla the reason you insist on getting fucked by the lions every year.
Speaker 3: Definitely something I wasn't about to correct my best friend Tam.
Speaker 5: I gotta stay on his good time. I every think I would definitely say Robinhood and probably Gadget from Rescue Rangers are probably much stronger cornerstones at the start of furry culture. Then you're just playing.
Speaker 1: I would put it up the tailspin tail spins up there because of a certain comband.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I know, and you're wrong.
Speaker 3: I think Gadget probably just having this conversation.
Speaker 2: Podcast now, Yeah, Lo the Bunny, it is the it's the one Warner Brothers.
Speaker 3: Sally So.
Speaker 4: It's uh, it's Crystal and star Fox, that's Rugs, the Bat, the Mountains, more furry characters.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, And then it's it's Sonic and it's Bugs Bunny when he dresses up as an opera character, that.
Speaker 5: Opera classic.
Speaker 1: The ven diagram between Disney, Perverse and Furies is very likely mostly the same circle. Just some non apple food for thought. I appreciate that. I appreciate that. Does it for emails this week, gentlemen, what do we learned today? He learned about egg and that every gimmick gun. I don't remember what egg actually fort every gimmick.
Speaker 2: Gotta get them all, that's right, don't sue us Pokemon.
Speaker 1: We also learned about third party bongos and the dangers of keeping them around. We learned that patterns eventually expire, but you can add a bunch of shit to them in Japan. And speaking about Japan, we learned that August first is coffee and Milk Day, to go ahead and celebrate, folks. We also learned that Nintendo loves to litigate. And that's about it of what we learned today. Because I forgot to keep writing things down every day. What do we what we got going on the rest of this week? It was gonna be a funky week, but I'm not going to where I'm going, so I think it'll be mostly normal. No club tomorrow because Dan is still traveling.
Speaker 2: But when he gets back, we're gonna try to do it this week. Off, Okay, talk to Dan about He's pretty insistent on Oh, I get what you're doing here? Now we're doing on Friday.
Speaker 3: You see, he's annoyed with me.
Speaker 2: He really wants to do it, and why don't you? And then I'm like, oh, yeah, I know.
Speaker 1: Game mess Mornings popping off for the rest of the week.
Speaker 2: Grub Yes, yeah, game as Mornings back tomorrow, then Thursday and Friday. I want to play frost Punk two on the website.
Speaker 1: Do too.
Speaker 2: I downloaded that game and it was very big. Yes, so let's make we'll make some hay out of that. Well, I think we kind of vaguely planned to do another sort of catch up grab bag stream. We'll probably do that maybe on Thursday or something like that. Well, we'll slot all this stuff in here, but now the chance stick around, we'll be able to figure this out more solidly today and tomorrow.
Speaker 1: Let y'all know. And also, if you're listening live or you're listening to the archive before the state of play has happened, we are talking over that today, so so stay tuned. We'll be reacting and gabbing.
Speaker 5: And lacking a voicemail.
Speaker 1: Dumb Truck is also happening on Thursday, and folks, get your hard hats ready. Get the jackhammers out, baby, get the clippers out, because next week is.
Speaker 2: Infrastructure Week here at giant bomb dot com.
Speaker 1: We're also gonna have a We're also gonna have a very special guest I believe next week on the Giant BombCast. Uh, not quite infrastructure related, but I guess you know what everything is in We can ask.
Speaker 2: Him about like the supply chain and stuff like that.
Speaker 4: He probably knows a lot about infrastructure. What's he like making a book? You know, stuff like that more than Dan does.
Speaker 2: Who needs it defined for him? Every single time we say infrastructure a week. So that'll be fun.
Speaker 1: And we'll reveal who that guest is next Tuesday.
Speaker 5: Oh, it's a surprise.
Speaker 2: It's a surprise, dumb.
Speaker 5: I come on, I don't know anti surprise. Everything in my family's a surprise. It's like we're gonna take them on the different birthday. It's a surprise. Like, why is it gonna be a surprise. Let's tell her taking her to dinner.
Speaker 1: Mike Benatti, Yes, folks find you on Laternet.
Speaker 2: Don't find him.
Speaker 5: Every Jesus surprised and it's always annoying. Oh my name is Mike Manati. You can find me a game speech dot com on on Twitter and Twitch as Tolkoto.
Speaker 3: Playing a lot of souls games lately. Gonna be doing some uh my stuff.
Speaker 5: You're soon playing some spooky games soon for following like Resident Evil three remake for the game mess Game Club, probably some Dino Crisis and uh some Yeah, I definitely want to play that Dead Rising remiss absolutely.
Speaker 2: Sean, Do you want to focus or also surprised? Nobody's happy? Were surprised.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they can find me Twitter dot com at Turbo Shawn Underscore s h A w N and you find me here just doing stuff every day, Sean.
Speaker 2: What if you played TCG card Shop simulator on the Oh, yeah.
Speaker 6: I looked at that stuff, was playing that. It looks I think I'll play it and you can tell me what I'm doing what you can play them?
Speaker 4: Aside? It looks like just another sim I don't know.
Speaker 5: Sure, Yeah?
Speaker 1: Are you sure?
Speaker 4: You play it?
Speaker 3: All boxes and plushies?
Speaker 4: Yeah, me and Jane'll talk over it.
Speaker 1: There you go, Yeah, there we go.
Speaker 2: Just watched the.
Speaker 1: Very he got very It was on a first day basis and had nicknames for all his customers, really tucking out the process of.
Speaker 3: What was selling.
Speaker 5: What was it selling? It was fantastic.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's right.
Speaker 1: We're just gonna react over kind of funny videos.
Speaker 3: That's his personal stream.
Speaker 2: Oh even better, there we go.
Speaker 1: He's gonna watch his butts. Jeff Grubb, do you want folks to find you on the internet.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: Good me and Michael could do last than attend tonight watch that nine pm Eastern.
Speaker 1: That's right, folks, and hey, you know I love you. Thanks for thanks for the patience of all the miscellaneous things going on in and around the website. I like to say, we'll resum to schedule. I can't say words because that's the lord wave penetrate answering out, tape up. That's right. I hit the buzz ball too soon in the day. We're gonna see you next week for another wrong song. Let's go next week's podcast, see you then. I've been Jared, he's been Jeff, he's been Mike, he's been Turbo Sean.
Speaker 2: You've been beautiful.
Speaker 1: I love you. Lozenges are cough drops.
Speaker 2: That's another thing we learned.
Speaker 1: Big calls, Margaritaville, lency and remake galaty. Let's go.
Speaker 2: Did I take my medicine today? I don't remember.
Speaker 1: She's I don't have the stuff. Holy smokes, I've had. Mental mento is a fun feeling that it unlocks in all of you and me.
Speaker 4: Shoot, shoot, rocket is a game, scout.
Speaker 2: Everything is fine.
Speaker 4: Here's my dog.
Speaker 2: That was your birthday over the weekend.
Speaker 1: I love you.
Speaker 2: I don't know what I s god.
Speaker 9: Bait in a black Now lozengessenge, Mike Manatti starting with you first.
Speaker 2: They don't want you to cause a scene.
Speaker 5: It happen.
Speaker 1: What is the uh most amount of lozenges you think you have eaten in a day?
Speaker 2: Uh of what lozenges?
Speaker 3: Well, I don't know what that is, sir.
Speaker 2: Cough drops.
Speaker 3: Cost drops?
Speaker 1: Oh I'm sure.
Speaker 2: Wait, your father is a dog does guy?
Speaker 4: Guys? Are you new here?
Speaker 2: Come on now, it's not though.
Speaker 5: I eat cough drops and like I know how cough drops. Yeah, I've had cough drops. Wasn't ozenges longe lozenges?
Speaker 3: Is that like the medical term or a brand.
Speaker 5: It's not a brand, it's the generic. Yeah, lozenges. Never, I never heard that word before. I'm sure on a bad day I could. I could probably go through a dozen of them, maybe more.
Speaker 4: Just as a snack.
Speaker 1: We just started.
Speaker 2: We haven't started yet at.
Speaker 5: A lot lot lozenges. I'm just trying to say what I was worried it was a fruit. I was like, come on, you know it's like, what a variety of orange is this? I know better than to ask you a fruit question, Mikey No, uh wow, okay, I can't recover. I can't do this earlier you started with me. No, I know better now, Jeff Grub in your time as a sandwich artis what was the most ordered cheese?
Speaker 2: Uh, let's see when it was that subway? Was it provolone? I want to say it was provolone that was probably the most ordered cheese.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 2: The at Jimmy John's. I think we only had provolone. So uh yeah, Well you can put on at the end. You could put like shredded cheddar on at the end.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 5: Subway style just goes with a sub sandwich.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you put it on your.
Speaker 5: Meat ball, you can put it on your deli. It's fine.
Speaker 2: I when I got done working at the sandwich place, it was like, well, if I'm going like a sandwich in my head, I'm like, well I should get some Provolo.
Speaker 1: It's kind of what what I.
Speaker 2: Ended up doing.
Speaker 1: Fantastic, fantastic and last but never released, certainly not least turbo. Shawn Sean McDowell, Hello, walk me through your subway order.
Speaker 4: Yeah, back in the days of the five dollars foot along, I would get the meatball sub because yeah, they they ended that. What I think it was as I was in college is when they were starting to wind that down. Let me tell you, meaning full long meatball sub for five bucks. That's college food right there.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Other otherwise I'm pretty basic. I just get like the ham hamd problem, you know.
Speaker 2: Ham pros. What are are we throwing any vegetables on there?
Speaker 4: It depends on what I'm in the mood for that day, you know, sometimes like some green pepper for a little extra cronch or something, some spinach instead of the lettuce.
Speaker 2: Spinach instead is the correct move.
Speaker 4: Usually, yeah, Usually I just get like what their default is, you know, just like hamd problem, mayo and lettuce, just you know, nice basic subs.
Speaker 3: Soft things shouldn't be crunchy.
Speaker 4: That well is correct because that's an oxymoron.
Speaker 5: Right, But like peppers are soft, but they're crunchy when you bite them, and they're delicious.
Speaker 2: Peppers are great, banana pepper's hallopeno, jalapenos on pretty much any sandwich I can get.
Speaker 4: I'll meet Mike like halfway here. I think most veggies don't have enough flavor to be worth it.
Speaker 2: But I mean, like he's right about like iceberg lettuce, right like that that the iceberg lettuce doesn't make up for the other things he's doing.
Speaker 4: See that reaction right there, that is insane. I do put put iceberg lassif just when I want crunch and I don't want like filler.
Speaker 1: That's that. Yeah, like fredos are right there, Mike.
Speaker 2: Can I tell you what I had for dinner last night?
Speaker 1: Please? Chan? I just had half ahead of I had a quarter head of cabbage, and I.
Speaker 3: Was there had to be zero nutrients involved with that.
Speaker 2: I'd be a four of cabbage. And then it really doesn't know es work, does he?
Speaker 5: I know how fruit and veggies work, but there's not that much nutrients and cabbage.
Speaker 1: I have so much fiber inside of me and vitamins.
Speaker 2: Apparently the Great love fiber.
Speaker 1: For reason.
Speaker 5: Fiber's bad for me. If I was just an irritant for your bowels, that's why it helps you go number two, and it's bad. My bow is already very irritated.
Speaker 1: Well all right, uh, I can't tell this is a call in the show.
Speaker 5: All right, I've pulled up my audio records I guess maybe cabbage is fine. Sorry, just because I don't just because I'm weird food.
Speaker 1: So you can bully me.
Speaker 4: Yes, it does.
Speaker 1: That's exactly what it means.
Speaker 6: Longes Oh no, okay, Jesus, he's already lost it.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'm gonna before I hit record pull up time dot is. I'm gonna be right back now. I don't go get a cough drop.
Speaker 5: That sounds like something like a mechanic would say, like they passed me the lozenges, I gotta I gotta rotate the muffler.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's that.
Speaker 2: It's something that like just anyone says when they need a cough drop.
Speaker 3: Why do they say cough drop? That's that's fewer syllables.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but listen, I don't I don't have a good answer to that, and frankly I probably do. Just say cough drop.
Speaker 4: It's the same syllables, laws and drops.
Speaker 1: Cough.
Speaker 4: Well, you're saying the plural.
Speaker 2: I guess, well, cough drops versus lost enge's okay, there's a little advantage.
Speaker 1: There, Yes, for when you're a maniac, just cough drops. To cause controversy this early into the plant and let the three of us alone, what do you expect? Hey, quick question that I don't want recorded. Uh, but what other use is there for poppers other than you know, lifestyle conversation?
Speaker 3: What's a popper? What do you mean in this context?
Speaker 1: Like and cream cheese? Like? No, not not that kind of popping like a pill, getting closer.
Speaker 2: Poppers like the little gas. I guess people snort?
Speaker 1: Is it a gas?
Speaker 2: I actually don't know that part. Your butthole not crop?
Speaker 1: Okay, buttles?
Speaker 2: Wow, I didn't know that Mike was against that kind.
Speaker 1: Mike was so hate.
Speaker 2: It's used primarily for people doing butt stuff. Yes, okay, okay, that's it. I recorded my side of the conversation.
Speaker 1: I'm recording now, Hi, Sean, what I'm about talking about popping my butt?
Speaker 2: Because you said it was a crime to be gay?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I thought it was a drug. And you do not have to be gay to enjoy butt stuff.
Speaker 2: That's fair, okay, fair enough. But you're yes, you're just against sodomy.
Speaker 1: There you go.
Speaker 3: What I have more progressive than anyone here. I don't know about that one.
Speaker 2: Let's not have the woke Olympics, guys.
Speaker 3: I was not recording that.
Speaker 1: I did watch you five seven one last night.
Speaker 2: And they're like uh uh bel Pexan's like, I don't think you're ready to be a submarine captain. Matthew mcconne, I'm like, yeah, Texans shouldn't be submarine captains. That's right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, I'm sure. I just bit into my cough drop and it's just gushed inside. I'm not going to keep talking. Yeh wait, fifty five zero zero.
Speaker 3: It's like an apple, it just gusted. Oh shit, I'm not ready. Fifty five ready.
Speaker 2: A harrowing time, that is.
Speaker 1: I just imagine like Mike skidding around the corners.
Speaker 2: Into the like on the floor.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So wait, Jeane, are you saying it? You're with Mike Manatti on the gushers type thing gushing in the mouth, Like.
Speaker 1: No, I just I thought there would be more structured as a cough drop, that there'd be resistance to me biting down, but there was not a soft drop. Yeah.
Speaker 3: That's not good. You don't want you want to you don't want to soft drop? Those are kind of dross.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 2: Wow, what do I do now?
Speaker 1: I'm not I'm not siying because of anything you said. I'm sighing because you should start the show. All right, Are we good? We're starting we again.
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's all right. I'm gonna flip the YouTube swit. Hey YouTube, here's a little treat. If you get this, I'm gonna start recording the video. Sometimes I think this should just be part of the YouTube vod as well, but anyway, this is a special treat. Yeah, I digress, all right, Uh fainted black