Speaker 1: Here we go, Here we go. Good morning. This is Ed McMahon and now ladies and gentlemen, Rod Yes, sir, let's do this. Wakey, wakey, hands off, snaky rod Ryan Show checking in tap. Tuesday heat advisory will be replaced by a heat warning today that could feel like above one hundred and twelve degrees outside. True temperatures of one on one one oh two, sunny skies, low chances of rain. Keep warning today. We're looking for some fresh fish, fresh out of bed head to head challenge. We had a Hall of Fame moment yesterday on the show. So maybe it's the first time you've ever called in, Maybe you haven't played in a long time. Maybe you've just been waiting your thirty days. That's what we're looking for in the fresh out of bed head to ahead two brand new players. Rod Ryan Show twentieth Anniversary party tickets. We've got more tickets to give to you. We'll give you the tickets and home room the Fun Fact Flashback Chris Stapleton tickets at the Suburb Summer Sizzler League City takes on Kline today, and then I've got Pitt tickets later on in the eight o'clock hour for Stone Tuble pilots. They're playing when I'm Sorry Thursday night, We'll get you in the pit, twenty one pilot's tickets on know the show, and just so much ground to cover in the next four hours. Good morning Testa. What are Houston's headlines?
Speaker 2: Hey, Good morning Rod, and good morning a homeroom. Okay, So, the Democratic National Convention closed its first night last night with a speech from President Biden. He told last night's crowd he loves America and he's not mad at the Democrats who asked him to drop out of the twenty twenty four race. He said it was an honor to service president and when after Donald Trump saying a Harris Walls ticket, We'll make sure democracy survives. Meanwhile, their Chicago police say protesters did breach a security perimeter at the DNC. I believe four people were arrested for protesters.
Speaker 3: A little closer to home.
Speaker 2: Here in Galveston County, Texas, jury says the parents of a Q Santa Fe High School shooter Demetrius pogort Zits aren't civilly liable for his actions.
Speaker 3: Jurors reach that verdict yesterday.
Speaker 2: They assigned eighty percent responsibility for the shooting to pegorz Its and twenty percent to the online ammo seller Lucky Gunner. Relatives of eight students and two teachers killed in the twenty eighteen shooting said his parents knew their son was mentally ill, but didn't do enough to prevent the shooting. Three D printing homes is faster, it's less expensive, requires fewer workers, and minimizes construction material waste, and they're very sturdy.
Speaker 3: So we have a blog.
Speaker 2: Page to dedicate it to the world's largest three D printed neighborhood. Ever, it is nearing completion right here in Texas. The homes aren't actually cookie cutter in the way you'd expect, but you do sacrifice a little charm.
Speaker 3: One buyer says it feels like a fortress.
Speaker 2: It kinds of gives you the feeling of being in a cinder block, but in a cozy way.
Speaker 1: The homes. The homes were way better looking than I thought they were going to be.
Speaker 3: The check them out on the one plage.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there was a blog page up for it.
Speaker 2: Talk show pioneer Phil Donahue died over the weekend.
Speaker 3: He was eighty eight years old. That if you don't know who Phil Donahue was.
Speaker 2: He had a national show a beginning in nineteen seventy and it ran all the way until nineteen ninety six.
Speaker 3: I mean, Oprah says her show wouldn't have even.
Speaker 2: Existed if Phil hadn't have paved the way.
Speaker 1: So do you guys know who he is?
Speaker 3: I know who Phil Donahue is.
Speaker 1: Very familiar, Alex.
Speaker 3: Okay, yeah.
Speaker 2: So Phil's wife, whom he married a nineteen eighty post a nice tribute to him on Instagram saying she lost his she lost her sweetheart, and a bunch of celebrity tributes to go check it out.
Speaker 3: We also have that up on links and guests for you today. The Reunion Isn't over. Blank one eighty two is releasing eight new songs.
Speaker 2: As part of a deluxe edition of last year's One More Time Remember that reunion album and new songs include every Other Weekend, No Fun, Can't Go Back, Everyone, Everywhere, One Night's Stand, Take Me In, and If You Never Left. The final new song on the list is All in My Head, which will be released as a single bit Friday.
Speaker 3: Those are Houston's headlines.
Speaker 4: Let's go, Alex, the assros got to win last night, they came back to beat the Red Sox.
Speaker 3: Five to four.
Speaker 4: Yin your DS, I had to walk off home in the bottom of the ninth to win it. They're now, they've won eleven of their last twelve and they're gonna play the Red Sox again tonight. Right now, Blanco Obey on the mount for this shows gunn against Boston's Nick Pivetta. First pitches at seven ten. You can listen to it on our sister station, Sports Talk seven nine. Need some other astros news? The team announced yesterday that Justin Verlander will start for them tomorrow is the Red Sox. He hasn't pitched since June ninth because of stiff Nick's in his neck.
Speaker 5: That what's going on in sports?
Speaker 1: Okay, there we go? All right, who's up? Who's ready to rock? Who wants the first phone call? What do you want to talk about? First phone call? Up for Grabs Etchember one, three, two, one two, five, nine four five, The most interactive show on the radio starts right now, YO ninety four to five, The Buzz Alien, Ann Farman, Smooth Criminal, Good Morning, Rob Ryan Show. All right, let's go. Can we just do a regular radio show today?
Speaker 3: I don't think so.
Speaker 1: Can we just do a regular show, think radio show. I want to be running around like an ape with his ass on fire. Can we just do a four hour like a radio show, checks notes, not like no going crazy on Facebook and doing all this. Let's just there's just a radio show today. That's what I have planned for you guys, because it's National Radio Day, so that's going on. We'll talk a little bit of radio today on the show. I look forward to that. It's one of my favorite topics to talk about. I already mentioned the heat advisory that will be replaced by a heat warning. That's the next level. That's like kicked up a notch, that's just like one step closer to hell. Yeah, that's what that is. So it could feel like about one hundred and twelve outside heat warning is going to be coming our way today, Sonny. True. Temperatures high of about one oh one. Looking for some fresh fish, freshot of bed head to head challenge, somebody that could start their trek and their dream of getting into the fresh out of bed head to head Hall of Fame like we had yesterday to brand new players. Whatever we come, just come come at it. I want someone out there that has never played before and says, you know what, I don't know. I kind of hear some of the same people, and I think it's just like a little closed circuit thing. It is not a closed circuit thing. It's just the reason it's a close circuit. It's because the people that play all the time are animals. Get in here, get in, jump in. I want you play in the fresh out of bed head to head today. Okay, I'll be telling you to call. I'll be asking you to call in about ten minutes or so. All right, Chris Stapleton playing Mini May Park on August twenty fourth. We have tickets for you at seven twenty the suburb Summer Sizzler League City. Charles is going to represent Shella from Kline. They're gonna take on each other at around eight twenty. Then I've got some pit tickets. I think. I don't know. I have to check with Chili. We were so busy yesterday. Did we not give away the pit tickets yesterday for STP. I don't think we did, so I'm I have an extra pair, but I'm gonna get you a pair late in the eight o'clock hour, and then we'll get you twenty one pilot tickets on No the Show.
Speaker 6: It's naptime for the first phone call of the day.
Speaker 1: Okay, Charles, Good morning, Charles, Charlie, Chuck Charlie, Chucky Chucky Charlie.
Speaker 3: Chuck, Charlie, Charlie, Hello, Murpha.
Speaker 1: Dance with Charlie. Charlie hung up on me?
Speaker 3: Damn?
Speaker 1: What happened? All right, let's talk to Doug. Hello Doug, morning Rod, Hey Doug, how are you? Good morning? Good?
Speaker 7: Do the list?
Speaker 1: What would would you like to start us off with? What would you like to talk about?
Speaker 7: Have you noticed how big of a police presidence has been on the road lately?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 1: No, I mean I haven't noticed it being more. I always feel there's a lot of cops out. I feel like there's always a lot of cops out. But go ahead, and you're thinking that there's more.
Speaker 7: There has been a lot, Like yess say, I counted forty five and two hours?
Speaker 1: Is just driving forty five? Where are you driving?
Speaker 7: All to see Cypress KDE downtown on ten West Seimer.
Speaker 1: I'll ask Adam. I know he's listening this morning, he's a comp I'll ask him if there's more police force out there. I would think it's the opposite. I you know, you see on every single cop car call this number. We need you come work for us.
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah, I count at least four or five pull overs within one or two hours.
Speaker 1: Okay, now that you said it, Doug, I'm going to notice it. But I haven't up until you mentioned it, so I don't know. I'll ask. I know Adam's listening. I'll ask him if there's any reason why you that there would be more police presence out there on the roads. You haven't been pulled over, have you? Oh? No, I'm a good driver. Well that's no, no, no, no, no, no, that doesn't mean anything. Okay, I I know that everybody that listens. I know that everybody that listens to the Rod Ryan Show is a good driver. I'm a pretty good driver too. I got to take it. Not that long ago. I tend Katie Freeway. Ever heard of it?
Speaker 3: I have heard of it.
Speaker 1: Same guy pulled me over, he said, he said, brother rod pulled you over ten years ago. Stop he goes, gave you past that one. Can't do it this time?
Speaker 2: Oh dang, yeah, ten years expired? What were you doing speeding?
Speaker 7: Yes, my dad said, thirty five year retired deputy for last year's apartment. So all right, I just get a slap out of the risk, Doug.
Speaker 1: I'll be looking and you're gonna get me thinking. Now you're right about.
Speaker 2: More cops, Doug, the guy that makes you think same cop pulled me over.
Speaker 1: He's he even said, he goes, you remember me. I'm like no, I'm like, uh yeah, I mean it's pretty good to not remember it. Well, but that was the last time I gotta tick it. I said, if you say that you're the cop that pulled me over, then yeah, I remember. I remember getting pulled over. Well, that's when I lived out on the West Side. Okay, so it was early in the morning. Okay, and uh and I remember him being cool about it. And I don't pull the whole Hey, you know, I'm rod Ryan. I just give I give him my license, right, it says Rodney Ryan. Not everybody puts those two things together. You would think, oh, everybody's no, Rodney Ryan does not always translate to rod Ryan. And then guess what, rod Ryan doesn't translate to much in this world. Most people don't know who rod Ryan is.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you can still be him and ticket.
Speaker 1: So he did let me off. It must have been ten eleven years ago, and I don't know it was four, four or five months ago. I don't know where I was. I was coming back from the I mean his same, but it was on a Sunday. I'm like, dude, what do you work every day? What are you out here every day just picking people off? He said, Yeah, I gave you a pass eleven years ago. He can't do it this time.
Speaker 3: Yeah, right, all those passes probably ran out.
Speaker 1: I gotta speak. I gotta speaking ticket in north Tonawanda.
Speaker 3: When you were on vacate.
Speaker 1: Yes, in my rental car.
Speaker 3: Oh dude, you better make sure you pay it. You want to go roll up fire miles an hour? How do you do kind of haul?
Speaker 1: Ass be paid? My mail? I just I walk fast. I drive fast. I do everything fast. I want to get to where I'm going.
Speaker 3: Everyone does beneath the speed.
Speaker 1: Not everybody walks fast.
Speaker 3: Vin diesel over. Everyone wants to get where they're going. You got to slow down. Just smell those roses on the freeway.
Speaker 1: Let me take a short break. Let me come back on a rec check for you. We'll find out what's trending, and then we'll be asking you to call in to play the fresh out of bed head to head challenge us Rock and soon the Rod Ryan Morning Show. I'm six to ten am ninety four or five the bus, Welcome back rod Ryan's Show. Good morning everybody, It's tat Tuesday. Wait you wake your hands off, snaky keep warning today it's above a heat advisory, Sonny. Low chances of rain pies over one hundred today. What's trending?
Speaker 3: I have an update. Remember when Disney was trying.
Speaker 2: To say that this guy's lawsuit didn't because he had waved his rights when he signed up for Disney Plus. His wife had got like an allergic reaction at one of their restaurants. He had sued them, and they were like, no, because when you signed up for Disney Plus, you're waving like your right to our arbitration.
Speaker 1: The fine print that nobody reads. Right.
Speaker 2: Well, I guess because a public outcry rod maybe even shows like this where the public was kind of outraged about that, Disney has said, no, no, no, we'll wave our rights to arbitration. We strive to put humanity above all other consideration, and that this situation warrants a sensitive approach to get to a resolution, so that husband that lost his wife because his wife died of a severe allergic reaction to a meal that she had at Disney Springs restaurant is asking for more than fifty thousand damages so this case can proceed to court. I thought you might appreciate that of Itah, Okay, something else that's going on.
Speaker 3: There was a blue supermoon last night. Did I see it?
Speaker 8: No?
Speaker 3: It wasn't blue though, it's just a regular color mood.
Speaker 1: Yeah, good call on that it wasn't blue.
Speaker 3: Well, don't tell me it's blue when I can see.
Speaker 1: That's just what they do.
Speaker 3: That's just what they call it. I can't call it that if it's not that.
Speaker 2: It wasn't only a blue moon, it was a super moon. I missed all of it. Usually I'm ready to manifest. I have my crystals. You're very too tired, too tired. The next one will be here in twenty thirty seven. I'll set my watch.
Speaker 3: Taylor Swift has.
Speaker 2: It responded to Donald Trump posting a fake endorsement of her an AI generated image of Taylor Swift in some swifties, basically saying.
Speaker 3: Like she's dressed up his.
Speaker 2: Uncle Sam and it says Taylor wants you to vote for Donald Trump.
Speaker 3: He Donald Trump posted this picture and was like, oh, I accept.
Speaker 2: She has not formally endorsed any candidate this year, and she has not responded to that post.
Speaker 1: Have you guys seen I know it's Ai. Have you seen? It's so disturbing. It's Ai. Donald Trump and Kamala Harris like walking on the beach. He's pregnant and Kamala is like there's there's a scene like that, and then they're kissing.
Speaker 4: And I saw it, said Race canceled. They're just gonna split it fifty to fifty.
Speaker 1: AI. It's so disturbing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, why would you retweet it?
Speaker 1: Well, no, I'm not saying that he retweeted that. I'm not saying he retweeted that. I don't think he did. I just saw that on the internet. They're walking down the beach holding hands.
Speaker 3: It's so weird.
Speaker 1: It's like it's like, look at it, like when your parents used to kiss, Like, what are you doing? It's awful. And I know it's fake, and I know it's fake.
Speaker 2: Of course, you're right, you know it's fake, but it still bothers you.
Speaker 3: Okay, that's what's trending.
Speaker 1: Adam the cop dealing with the first phone call today. The guy said he sees cops everywhere. All I hear are complaints that we aren't around. So I don't know about more cops, but glad someone sees them out there, sees us out here working. John's a retired cop, he says to answer Doug as a retired police officer. There may be more presence as school is back in, but yeah, Doug, the first phone caller just felt like there was a lot more cops on the road. Okay, Oh, she got it done, didn't she.
Speaker 9: Good morning, everybody, this is autumn. I am your fresh out of bed head to ahead, HOLLI say, member number eight for twenty twenty four. And you know the vine girls, Ruel and boys, Drew and I see nothing but Drew and dude here in the hall. Listen to me dominate at the end of the year as I take it off.
Speaker 7: Bitch, all right?
Speaker 1: She was fun? Are you fun? Are you listening to the radio right now on National Radio Day and thinking, Hey, I'm pretty fun. I think I would be good on the show. I think I would kick a little ass in this fresh out of bed head to head. That's who I want to hear from seven one three, two, one two, five nine five. It's the best ninety four to five to the buzz. Good morning Rod Ryan's show on this ten Tuesday. I've mentioned it several times. It's National Radio Day today, So thank you for listening to this radio show and this radio station. My question on the X this morning, I have a poll question on National Radio Day? How do you listen most often in the morning? Would somebody I want one more option? If somebody has got like a like a hotline for elon Musk, I just need I need five options on the poll questions, I always have like four solids and then I need like another. I'd like five, I'd like five. How do you listen to us most often in the morning? Car radio, phone, computer, old school radio? When I say ol school radio, you guys know what I'm talking about. Just radio on the counter, radio shop radio, like those those beautiful No, not like that at all, you guys with those beautiful shop radios that I love so much. I'll be let be looking for some of those pictures later today. How do you listen to us most in the morning? Car phone, computer, old school radio? I know that's that's why I would say Alexa, I would put other you know belong. Just give me one more option for those pole questions, sonnyse guys today ten percent chance of rain, highs over one hundred degrees. We have a heat warning today. Let's play a game and now eats time for the fresh out of bed head to head challenge. Listeners to your corners, JJ, Yes, sir, what's up? Welcome back to the game.
Speaker 6: Thank you sir.
Speaker 1: When did you play last? It was? It was free now I think it was March. It was right before y'all took a vacation. I had a long break in the free game. I mean we've had ten vacations, so I don't know what you're talking about. I mean that'll that'll come in, thanks Eli. Okay, so JJ's back on maybe March. He played, and and this guy I think he played too already. It's okay, if you wait your time, you can play well. Well if it isn't. Sammy Baker Davis Junior. Yeah, he'll know how many days Sammy Baker Davis Junior. Oh, during the hurricane July twelfth or something like that. Okay, so forty days, yeah, okay, he's been trying for ten to get back on you got you just gotta wait thirty days. When you play this game, Sammy Baker Davis Junior. How many times in the hall? Two times? Two times? JJ? Ever make it into the Promised Land? No, sir, one in one, one win, one loss. Well let's go do something about that. JJ. How many chances you want on this show?
Speaker 5: Can't get enough?
Speaker 10: Brother?
Speaker 1: All right? I love it? What are they playing for?
Speaker 3: T shirt?
Speaker 1: Shout out your name when you think you know the answer. Two correct answers gets you closer to the Promised Land. JJ gets you invited on tomorrow's show, and the T shirt we go, Shout out your name when you think you know the answer. Okay, I've been staring at this one for a while. What sound does a sheep make? Jay? Jay got in before Sammy? J JJE, thank you, thank you for getting rid of that question for me. It's been on there for it's been on there for two months. Question. JJ just got in there before Sammy? All right, here we go. I feel like Sammy maybe would have put a little more more effort into the bah. We'll never know, but Jay got in there. Listen, Jay got.
Speaker 5: It doesn't matter.
Speaker 1: I like Sammy would have really put in given it as all though it okay? Question number two, what band does Gavin Rossdale front?
Speaker 3: Say?
Speaker 1: Sammyer three two one two time Hall of Famer Sammy. This is for JJ. What band does Gavin Rosdale front that Rod is always saying to whip out? Oh my gosh, I'm going to be in trouble three two whip out the shinedown? Excuse me while I whip out my shindown. Well, I'm disappointed. Excuse me while I whip out my Oliver Tree. Devin Rosdale is very famous lead singer of the band bush Ah. He's a rock star. No, no, no, you're right. I'm with you. I'm with you. He is a rock star. He is a named person. Devin Rosdale, Kevin Rodale is a name like he's a He's a guy. Not only that.
Speaker 3: I thought they were going to scream the answer.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, Hey, I'm not a rock guy. I'm just a Rod Ryan fan. Okay, okay, what are you? Easy listening yacht rock guy? Old rock classic rock? Me? Excuse me what I whip out my Leonard Kinner? Here we go? Oh okay, Sammy and JJ. This is a very Monday game for a Tuesday. What game console launched the arcade game Pong JJ three two one? I don't know, throw that away, Sammy, you said sheet right?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Uh Sammy? What game console launched the arcade game pong Otari Atari? Sammy? Welcome? You didn't Oh you would have got it. If you knew it, we'd be done. True. I was going to say atari, and then you threw me off the excuse me while I whip out my led zeppelin. That's all you know? For the wind?
Speaker 3: Guys, please, no one's winning. We all lose this game.
Speaker 1: Apologies. I feel like it's Wednesday's game already, Like here we go, shout out your name when you think you know the answer, Sammy, JJ, what are you drinking if you're having a cup of Joe JJ? Sammy coffee? Thank you, great game, It wasn't it wasn't it?
Speaker 3: Thank you for a misery?
Speaker 1: I mean, all right?
Speaker 3: Eighteen more awesome questions?
Speaker 1: Oh boy, oh boy, okay, JJ, it was fun. I had. I mean what I have. It's all I can say is I'm sorry what I have found over the year. I don't think you need to apologize. What I have found over the years is the more upset I sound on the air. The funner it is for the people listening to the radio, the more of it, the more that the wheels come off. I'm told that that's entertaining. As I'm losing my is. I'm absolutely losing my s on the radio. People are telling me, dude, that's good radio. This is my life you're talking about.
Speaker 3: We'll get for that name.
Speaker 1: JJ thirty days I love y'all. Oh, thirty days, thirty days in the hole. You know that song. It's classic rock. Bye bye, JJ you Sammy. What are you doing to me? Dude?
Speaker 11: Oh man, I just got back right.
Speaker 1: Come on, two time Hall of Famer. All right, you got that Rod Ryan Show t shirt and we're going to invite you on tomorrows show.
Speaker 10: Welcome back to school kids for launch the Cafeteria.
Speaker 1: We'll deserting cubes colors. There's brown and green, huge Ron Ryan Show on the buzz, whipping out the stained Sorry, well that's all I'm getting. I got a ten email, say, whipping out the night in his nails, whipping up the whipping out the great white. I mean, come on, all right, fair, all right, wow, what a game. Good morning everybody. I hope you're up to a great start to your day. We've got a heat warning today. It's gonna be very, very hot Sunday today, true temperature highs of around one oh one. Sammy's back, a fresh out of bed, head to head, chalt Ange, here's your current champion.
Speaker 9: Good morning everybody.
Speaker 11: Two time Hall of Famer Sammy Baker Davis Junior back in the driver's seat.
Speaker 1: Honey, that Tuesday game was so Monday E.
Speaker 10: I promise is step it up a wow card Wednesday when I make it win number two.
Speaker 1: Bitches.
Speaker 4: There you go.
Speaker 1: Sammy's back. Sammy is back in town. I have a pull question up this morning. A lot of you jumped on that right away, Thank you very much. It's International Radio Day, right, no, National National Radio Day. Yeah, just us here, Okay, Today's National Radio Day. Somebody said, Roden, you should put all of the above. How do you listen to us most often in the morning. I appreciate more than you'll ever know, every single one of you listening to this show. Thank you so much for just allowing us to live our lives. And you know you guys tuning in every morning, that's the only reason we're able to do that. Car radio, sixty percent, phone twenty eight percent. That option didn't exist in my time here. That option didn't exist when I started. Four percent on the computer, six percent old school radio, old school what they would call like a countertop radio, a boombox, a radio.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 1: All right, let's move forward. That's on the ex At rod Ryan's show, it's the fuck that's of the day we make you look smart. It's the day sor right here we go with some fun facts for you. Today. Rod Ryan showed twentieth anniversary party tickets coming up early. I don't tell anybody. There are four seven hundred species of frogs, give or take. Okay, only one makes a ribbit sound.
Speaker 3: He speaks for all of them.
Speaker 1: Well this, but here's the reason why. Because the frog that ribbets they're native to California, and that's the one that sound engineers originally recorded and used in movies.
Speaker 3: There's only one frog that does that, the main one.
Speaker 1: Yep. When Milton Bradley invented the Game of Life, he invented it in eighteen sixty. I don't remember the rules on the game. So it was a spinner in the middle. You had the car and the little blue and the I remember I used to make my wife ride in the back seat. I remember that, like in the back.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that checks out, That really checks out.
Speaker 1: Listen. Was an uber guy. I haven't changed, but in eighteen sixty, How morbid is this? One of the possible outcomes was suicide. Oh geez, you put that in a children's game.
Speaker 3: I should be a monopoly weirdose.
Speaker 1: Okay, I don't remember outcomes. I don't remember how you won the game of Life. I don't know yet. You just like filled it up. I mean I remember having kids and adding them to the car.
Speaker 4: Was it like Monopoly where you just get bored of it and you never finished it because it ticked forever?
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because I got bored board games pretty quickly.
Speaker 1: Finally, Sam, the guy that invented glow sticks, didn't know they were popular at concerts and festivals until twenty thirteen. That's neat. Somebody should have told that guy.
Speaker 3: It's the fuck that's to the day.
Speaker 4: We make you look smart in her buddies, it's the fuck back to the day.
Speaker 1: Know what I do at festivals? Time to whip out my glove stick yep here go all right, let's go it's you tell everybody what you've given away.
Speaker 3: Okay, I have a pair of passage to the Rod Ryan.
Speaker 2: Our twenty anniversary party's not included.
Speaker 1: Okay. Fun fact flashback today. Oh, what's a Morton's toe? What is a Morton's toe? I know? I know? Seven one? And Tessa has one seven one three two one two five nine four five. It's now time for.
Speaker 4: Rockout with your stock out with Captain Cash.
Speaker 1: All right, big baldy, good morning, How brother rog, Good morning, good morning. Have you doing Wall Street yesterday? It's pretty good. The Dow is up two hundred and thirty six.
Speaker 11: Come boss, kickoff this morning at forty thous eight ninety six, nassack up tow forty five to seventeen thousand and eight seventy six, Benchmartenior Treasury set a three point eight seven percent, and oil SANSUS seventy four dollars fifty one cents a barrel to the most active is the big studs, McDonald's, Intel and am Jens. The big duds now Visa and Coca Cola on the economic column this morning, will it's all clear right now.
Speaker 1: Futures just slightly on the downside. Come on, let's turn this baby around. That's it.
Speaker 11: I imagine this is Highland Manage Director with Ram James the broad line so I from Raymon jams On.
Speaker 1: Sam Felipe said no, it's always rock out with your stock out.
Speaker 6: Bemian's expressed are those of all Land and not necessarily those are Raymond James and associates. Income Ever, nat AT, IBC, Iron Radio or AT sponsors. Information is mased on sources believed to be reliable, but it's not guaranteed. There's no insurance. Transmision will continue if this is not a solicitation, an offer, or recommendation to buy or sell any security referred to your end. This program is are educational and informational services on masts. It's based on the movement as reported by.
Speaker 1: Young Nightings ninety four or five The Buzz. Good Morning, rod Ryan Show. Good morning Home Room. Thanks for joining us today. Your starting to get some cool radio pictures. The shop radio is coming through. I'm sending them to you and CHILEI some good ones in there. Good morning, rod Ryan Show. Who's on the phone?
Speaker 10: Good morning?
Speaker 1: Hello?
Speaker 7: Who is this Gina?
Speaker 1: Hello? Hi Regina? How are you? I'm doing good? How about yourself? Awesome. Well, I'm still recovering from that fresh out of bed head to head game that took a couple of years off my life. Yet I'm sure there was some I'm sure there was some permanent damage, all right before. First things first, it's a national radio day. What best describes the way that you listen to this radio show? Is it the car radio? Phone, the app? Computer? Old school radio? How do you listen?
Speaker 3: iHeartRadio?
Speaker 1: I heart it on on the computer or the phone, on the app? On the app? Yeah yeah, yeah, on my phone. This is it's really nerdy, but it's super fascinating to me to see how you guys listen. I know that most people listen in the car. It's the car radio is still the reason that we stand here or sit on the radio with you guys today. So I'm watching this. It actually wakes me up in the morning. I love it. I love it. If I can kiss it to the radio, I would, Regina, let's see we can get you some tickets here. Okay, you sound cool. I want you at my party. What's a Morton's toe.
Speaker 9: When one toe is longer than the other.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, well no, no, I'm gonna get that to her.
Speaker 8: You got your main toes that the big one couple.
Speaker 1: Yeah, when your biggest toe, is it your longest toe. Tessa's second toe is longer than her big toe.
Speaker 3: It's like a finger.
Speaker 1: That's a Morton's toe. And then the fun fact on top of that was the Statue of Liberty was bi with a Morton's cot Regina, you're into the Rod Ryan Show twentieth anniversary party, October twelve, day, Carbach Brewery. Okay, I want you there. Thank you all right, Regina, Thank you for listening, Thank you for being a part of home room. Thank you, and I think you're going to be a great addition you and your guests to that party. Sunny Skuys today ten percent chanceer rain highs of one oh one. We're blowing past the heat advisory. We're going into heat warning territory where it could feel like one hundred and twelve out there. Tessa with Houston's headlines.
Speaker 2: At least four protesters are under arrest following Day one of the Democratic National Convention. Protesters reportedly through water bottles and signs at officers after breaking through a barricade. If you didn't know last night, it was day one of the Democratic National Convention. President Biden passed the torch de Vice President Kamala Harris last night. We'm President Barack Obama and his wife Michelle are among the scheduled speaker as Day two of the DNC gets underway in Chicago. Here in Texas, Galveston County, specifically, a jury says the parents of a use Santa Fe High School shooter Demetrius Pogortzits, aren't civilly liable for his actions.
Speaker 3: Jurors reached the verdict yesterday.
Speaker 2: They assigned eighty percent responsibility for the shooting two pegort Sits, and twenty percent to.
Speaker 3: An online Ammo seller, Lucky Gunner.
Speaker 2: Relatives of the eight students and two teachers killed in the twenty eighteen shooting said Pegortzis's parents knew their son was mentally ill, but didn't do enough to prevent the shooting. A ups driver in North Texas is home from the hospital after he crashed his truck when he reportedly passed out from the heat. Oh no, yeah, this happened Friday and McKenny about thirty miles north of Dallas, but it's gone national since because David Reeves, president of Teamster's Local seven sixty seven says the.
Speaker 3: Driver should have been sent home.
Speaker 2: He called UPS and said he didn't feel well after delivering parcels for six or seven hours.
Speaker 3: In this heat.
Speaker 1: No AC in those trucks, right, this is what kind of what service is it?
Speaker 3: A UPS?
Speaker 1: UPS trucks?
Speaker 2: Yeah, and he had told them, hey, I'm not feeling well, and they had devised him to drive himself back, but he couldn't and yeah, it ended up in a bad way.
Speaker 3: He ended up in the hospital.
Speaker 2: This is now something that's gone again, has gone national, and it's also just a reminder of how dangerous this heat is right now. Guys, we've been underheat advisory. If you don't have to go outside, I mean this is like not even working out. You're trying to get a good workout. You've got to be careful. This is dangerous. You gotta stay hydrated and really just listen to your body.
Speaker 1: Home.
Speaker 3: Another good reminder for.
Speaker 1: They're saying, we make it some relief this weekend, but we are in that we're under that heat dome right now. And like you just said, he'd advisory. Uh, he warned today it's the.
Speaker 2: Next level up right right, Okay, back in July, a seventeen year old kid walked into a Taylor Swift themed yoga class in the UK and started stabbing people. Three young girls were killed and eight more were injured, along with two adults well. During one of her recent Eras tour shows in London, Taylor met with those girls and their family members. Their mom, Sammy Foster, posted some videos along with the caption you drew stars around my scars, which is a lyric from this Taylor song Cardigan. She thanked Taylor, she thanked her mom Andrea Swift. There were who was also there for making the most magical night possible for us. All huge tragedy and we have a blog page up for this if you want to go read more.
Speaker 3: Hey, your hometown and well is Niagara Falls?
Speaker 1: Buffalo?
Speaker 3: Is that the same thing? Like Buffalo Niagara Falls? Like what's going on?
Speaker 1: It's geographically it's the same radio market. So just like Houston claims Galveston. I see, okay, people listening Galveston. So if you're a Buffalo radio station, you're gonna be heard in Niagara Falls. There's no Niagara Falls TV stations or radio stations, Okay, Buffalo. Gene Simmons played north Tonawanda, New York, last night at a theater that I used to go watch movies in when I was a kid. My mom my mom went to the same theater when she was a kid. It's one of these really old school or nate theaters. Okay, and it's just like super and it happens to be in north Tonawanda, New York. And my mom went, and she used to go watch Flash Gordon for a nickel. It's one of those things. Okay. So Jean played last night, but apparently he had some uh so, some ceremonies going on in Niagara Falls, which is, you know, twenty minutes away.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you're probably wondering what was he doing playing a show there.
Speaker 2: Well, Niagara Falls now features Gene Simmons Boulevard. Yeah, Jean Simmons took a trip to Niagara Falls because the mayor presented him with a key to the city and the announcement that now part of Main Street is renamed to Jean Simmons Boulevard.
Speaker 3: It's to recognize what the.
Speaker 2: Mayor said was a significant investment in the local business community. So they have a partnership with like rock Steady Sodas. Of course, there's a little bit of money going on in the background. But it's an honor. The renaming of it's not it's an honor, but not forever because the renaming of the street is just temporary. But he does have a key to the city. Now those are Houston sevens.
Speaker 1: I do not have a key ooh city. The expression glad Jean's got it, I don't have one. All right, what do you got?
Speaker 4: Well, the Astro's got to win. Last night they came back to beat the Red Sox five to four. Yanier Diaz it'll walk off Homer in the bottom of the ninth to win it for the Stros. They've now won eleven of their last twelve games. They're gonna play the Red Sox again tonight. Right now, Blanco is gonna be on the mount for Houston, going up against Boston's Nick Covetta, first pitches at seven ten. You can listen to it on our sister station, Sports Talk seven nineties mother Astros News. The team announced yesterday that Justin Berlander is going to start for them tomorrow.
Speaker 1: Against the Red Sox Juvie.
Speaker 4: He hasn't pitched since June ninth because of stiffness in his neck. You can read all about that in our sports blog page today.
Speaker 5: That is what's going on in sports.
Speaker 1: All right. What are we doing next hour? We're just we're just doing We're doing a regular schmgular radio show today. We're not doing all this crazy stuff. I'm not running around spinning plates and jumping through hoops of fire. Okay, we are going to give you Chris Stapleton tickets though uh he's playing August twenty fourth. We'll have those for you closer to a round seven twenty. I love that you guys are sending in some old school radio pictures. That's cool. I didn't really ask for it, but you know how much I love it. On this National radio Day, thank you guys for listening.
Speaker 6: Houston's rocking alternatives The Rod Last Morning Show six to ten AM ninety four or five Buzz.
Speaker 1: Ninety four to five the bus. Welcome to the seven o'clock hour. If you're carrying over from homeroom, thank you very much for just joining us. Wakey, wakey, hands off those sneakies. Another big hour. Chris Stapleton tickets coming your way in about fifteen minutes or so. I see nothing of a ten percent chance of rain today. Of course, sunny skies. That's going to contribute to the heat situation that we found ourselves in. We're in this heat dome. True temperatures of about one oh one today, but we're we're blowing right past the heat advisory. We're going right to a heat warning today. So be careful. So be careful if you are working outside. Summer of summer sizzler. Next hour, League City takes on Climb. I got a pull question up today.
Speaker 8: Miss radio that go where you go, medium called radio that's with you every night through the long commuter flight and in the morning with your Tolsted Marma radio.
Speaker 3: They shoehorn that one in there, Marmalladio.
Speaker 1: And Marmaladio and your radio. That's all right. Sometimes you gotta bend the words to fit, you know, don't start a ryot.
Speaker 3: Great.
Speaker 1: My question this morning on National Radio Day is what best describes the way you listen to us in the morning, And first and foremost, thank you for listening. Uh Fifty eight percent of you say the car radio, twenty nine percent on the phone, six percent on the computer, and almost eight percent of you have those old school radios and some of the guys are sending in some of these shop radios. It's like the old Dwault, you know, the yellow shop specifically made for being in a shop out there on the work site. Some of those old radios. And then there's some old boomboxes that are still kicking. They got a bunch of tinfoil on them. They're all covered in shoot and whatever you do at your shop, and they're glorious. Every single one of them needs to be in a museum, Okay, every single one of them. I feel blessed every single day to be able to talk to you guys on the radio. I grew up listening to the radio. It was I did not always want to be on the radio. What radio meant the world to me when I was a kid. I core memories of Taylor and more more on the left, Taylor on the left, or more on the right, Taylor on the left. They would pan it, meaning when they would if you were listening to a stereo, you don't hear the one guy on the left speaker, you hear the other guy on the right speaker, like they would manually do that. I talk about themselves. That was their one of their you know, one of their little silly things that they did. And then they did this bit and I remember being a young kid and just losing my mind. It was the King of fah. It was the land of faw Okay, so he was what he was, the pa, Yeah, he was the king and they did a whole bit on that, and I remember just listening as a kid, like, oh my god, this is the best thing I ever heard in my life.
Speaker 3: These guys are brilliant.
Speaker 1: These guys are brilliant, The King of Faugh.
Speaker 3: This is so funny. I used to get it.
Speaker 1: I used to lose my mind. My mom would be like, what a crap are you listening to? I remember the good.
Speaker 5: Stuff, mom.
Speaker 1: Danny never Danny moves your fanny in the morning. That's the guy that moves you. Danny moves your fanny in the morning. He had a whole song about it, and then he would give the school closings on the AM talk show. Right there was Snorton Norton, there was the bear Man, Snorton Norton, there was the bear Man who I got to I got to end up walking the halls with these guys when I interned, and they were there, and I've told the bear Man story before he was working on something and I'm in the room practicing. You know, I'm an intern, but I never left. I just I used the production rooms to practice. I didn't have equipment. You didn't nobody had a home studio back then. And he comes in to kind of yell at me because I'm being too loud. He's recording something in the room next to us, and he says about like keeping it down. He's being kind of a dick, but he's the bear Man and that was just a lowly intern. And then he says to me, don't worry, kid. All the guys with crappy voices do mornings and make all the money in this business.
Speaker 3: Now but a foreshadowing now he called it Panda.
Speaker 1: Did the Did the bear Man say that I had a crappy voice? Kind of?
Speaker 3: I think so?
Speaker 1: Did he think I was morning material?
Speaker 2: Though?
Speaker 3: Right? I don't think a little mascinated compliment.
Speaker 1: You don't worry, kid, All the guys with crappy voices do mornings and they make the most money.
Speaker 3: You were worried, weren't you?
Speaker 5: Look at you?
Speaker 1: Twenty years later on Bearman, you think I got a crappy voice, We'll come on here. What a backhanded way to tell me that I suck. Well, who's laughing now though? Thanks bear Man. Did you have a like a Ziggy and Zonkie or somebody that you listened to in Corpus?
Speaker 3: You had Irene and god I remember the girl.
Speaker 2: No, her name was Arlene because my middle name was Arlene and it was Arlene and oh, I forget his name in the morning.
Speaker 3: But we would listen to it. Hot ninety five was the station we would listen to.
Speaker 1: And it was like a Britney Spears.
Speaker 3: It was a pop station. It was a pop station.
Speaker 1: Did they do anything crazy on the air? They would?
Speaker 3: They would you crank calls.
Speaker 2: There was that Carmen lady that would always crank call people and she'd be like harassing local businesses, you know, being silly, putting on a big thick Mexican accent.
Speaker 3: I quite liked that, all.
Speaker 1: Right, Alex.
Speaker 5: Ninety nine X.
Speaker 4: It was Todd Zilla in Atlanta, Todd Zilla, remember her cool name?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 4: And then here was Sam Alone in the morning. And then then a guy named rod Ryan came and and I was like, I like this show better.
Speaker 5: And then I went to school and then I got to.
Speaker 1: Work with It by Ryan Alix grew up listening to this show.
Speaker 4: Yeah, this is what I would drive to school listen to do, and then we would sit in the little road attend at Sinker Franchise school.
Speaker 3: But you hear it, rod Ryan shod you guys.
Speaker 4: Hear that guy that guys sucked on fresh out of bed to day.
Speaker 1: It's still awesome. And the last story is, you know the guy at the golf tournament a couple of years ago and he was golfing with his buddy, and his buddy was really into the Rod Ryan Show. But his buddy wasn't. He listened in high school, and he just he wasn't being a dick. He just said, Ron, I gotta ask you, you know, like, how's it going in radio? I mean, are you hurting right? I mean, I haven't listened to you in years. He goes, anybody listen to the radio anymore? And I said, and I didn't take it. He wasn't being he wasn't being a jerk. He was being I felt that he was being sincere. You know, everybody had a couple of drinks in them And I said, and I do this to people. Take out your phone. You got a phone on you. I go show me your phone. So he goes in his back pocket and pulls out his phone. I said, that's a radio, dude, that's a radio. We have eight hundred radio stations on an app and people listen. It's not gathering around in the living room and listening to the radio. But every car still being manufactured, even these tests, is they all have radios in them. And the number one way I know that you think, Oh, I'm a Spotify guy and I listened to playlists and all this stuff, and SiriusXM has not done any damage to us at all. Okay, radio is still the number one reachable medium for people over everything. Yeah, it's radio. It touches more people than anything else. And a lot of it has to do with our poll question this morning. If you look at it, sixty percent of the people what's the most what is the most popular way you consume this show? Most people in their cars. That car radio still exists. Not everybody is super cool and listens to their playlists and listens to their iTunes. People listen to the radio. They want a human connection. Okay, guess what has mister Spotify ever emailed you back? Has mister Spotify ever said anything that was remotely kind of entertaining or funny or given you any kind of information. No, mister Spotify doesn't exist. It's just music, and people do still want a human connection.
Speaker 2: Right, something that pertains to you locally too. I think that's getting less and less us common. You know, someone that's talking about stuff that's going on in your community. Yeah, you need that. You kind of want your pulse, your hand on the pulse of that. I also remember the Love Hour, Rod That was a big thing for us middle schoolers. Like you would listen to the Love Hour where people would call and dedicate, like they'd be like, you know.
Speaker 3: Love Hour, Who are you thinking of? What's on your mind?
Speaker 1: Oh? It must have been like the crazy seven to midnight person. Yeah that night.
Speaker 3: Okay, Yeah, definitely listen to that.
Speaker 1: All right, Well, thank you for allowing us to come through your radios for the last twenty years. I've gone on way too long. Let me take a short break. Our poll question is up on the ex at Rod Ryan Show, Chris Stabldon tickets. We'll find out what's trending radio day, baby rock and alternative very use the Rod Ryan Morning Show six The bus Hony four or five the bus. Welcome back to the radio rod Ryan Show. On this Tattooesday. Got a great Tattooesday feature up for you. I've got some concert tickets coming your way. In We've got some hot I mean a heat warning today which is above a heate advisory ten chance of rain Sonny high of one o one, one o two. It's gonna feel like a like around one hundred and twelve today. That's dumb, that's just stupid. What's trending?
Speaker 3: If I said sexy Red, do you know who that is?
Speaker 1: Uh? No? But I put her on the Looking at Girls blog page, and she's got some makeup lin she's got some lipstick or lip gloss, and they're all like names that I can't say on the radio.
Speaker 2: Yeah that's I mean, that's it.
Speaker 3: But she's a rapper, Yeah she is.
Speaker 1: Like what I mean, could you you know, can you drop some can you spit some of her some of her rhymes?
Speaker 3: Do you know any No, I think I'm too old. I think I maged out all these.
Speaker 2: Stars, all these stars on the girl's blog page like this.
Speaker 3: Charlie XCX is her name.
Speaker 2: I mean, I'm sure she's great, couldn't bratgirls summer?
Speaker 1: Right? Like? Is that? Who? I just can't take my eyes off.
Speaker 3: She's responsible. She's a skims model now. Oh and this is really sad.
Speaker 2: Daniel Fisher Fischel boy meets World, Everyone's crush when they were younger. It has been diagnosed with breast cancer. So those are all stories that you have on the Looking at Girls blog page.
Speaker 3: And that blug Wage is doing well.
Speaker 2: It's not beating the tat Tuesday, but yeah, it is something that is performing well.
Speaker 3: Another thing I wanted.
Speaker 2: To talk about was Houston, Houston native. This guy is a finalist on The Bachelorette, which is going on right now. I haven't been all in on the Bachelorette, but I know as jen Chan, I know she's a Bachelorette.
Speaker 3: And when they do.
Speaker 2: The hometown visits weeks, one of the guys is from Houston. So she was hanging out at like Buffalo Bayou Park last night. They were like on their take home dates, which is a very big deal.
Speaker 1: Is it live? I don't know, Oh, last night it aired. They probably film it. Okay, okay, okay, ok that's right, Okay.
Speaker 3: So that's what's trending.
Speaker 1: On ninety four to five the US Just give away some tickets.
Speaker 2: Chris Stapleton, Let's Do It All American Road Show, Mini made Park, Randa Lambert on This Bill, Grace Potter as well.
Speaker 3: The show's August twenty fourth at Minibige.
Speaker 1: There was a Houston guy on American Ninja Warrior last night. Really, he's a returning guy too. He hadn't been on for a couple of years and now he's got a little kid and now he's back training. But he's a Houston guy, and I'm sure somebody could just it's an email away. I'd love to give the guy's name out. My kid likes watching.
Speaker 3: Tons of talent here in Houston.
Speaker 2: There's a there's an American Ninja Warrior gym like that helps you train for those specific events.
Speaker 1: Is it Sam Sam? Is it Sam Twice?
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I think my neighbor goes there. I think it's a Sam Sam situation.
Speaker 12: Yeah, Warrior Jim, you see Sam is in there at least once.
Speaker 3: Sam. Let's see Iron Sports Ninja Warrior Houston all newmic location. I'm not saying it US Ninja Iron.
Speaker 1: Sports seven seven, one, three, two two five nine four five if you want those Christaple to tickets.
Speaker 2: Apex Your Warriors by Sam Sam Sam Sam Sam song like Sam Space Sa and.
Speaker 1: Yeah he trains people. He trains people here. He's like one of the most well known guys in that field. All right, called down for those stapledon tickets.
Speaker 6: Rod Ryan Show on ninety four five the bus.
Speaker 1: Before Fuck the buzz Struts. It could have been me. I could have been a contender. Rod Ryan's show tat Tuesday. Apparently that's the number one link today. Nothing above a ten percent chance of rain, sunny high have one oh one heat warning today. Be careful if you're gonna be outside for an extended period of time. Hey, good morning, who's on the Uh, who's on the phone. Good to Jerry, Hi Jerry. How are you? I am well Rod? How are you there? Kicking ass, taking names, playing the hits, talking a little trash. It's National Radio Day. Thank you. Uh. What best describes the way that you listen to us in the morning car radio, phone, computer, old school radio.
Speaker 9: Other car radio until I get to the office was turn on iHeart radio and finish the day out with y'all.
Speaker 1: It's awesome. That's awesome. I'll tell you what that that app. I was around when they were developing that thing. Okay, I was around they were they were churning butter. Okay, they were people were making their own butter. Okay on the hillside. I was there for the invention of the radio, Okay, But when they were inventing that app, though, I remember them talking about it and uh, it's the best thing our company ever did after hiring me. Hey, you're coloring you call her ten dude, congratulations. Looks like we're gonna send you to that Chris Chris Stapleton show. Remember when I tried to convince you guys at that Christableton song was a rock song, and you guys all told me I was crazy.
Speaker 3: It is three days in a row.
Speaker 1: I played it on a Wednesday, Thursday, and a Friday. I played White Horse. I played it on this and I tried to convince this audience this is a rock song, and everybody said I was nuts.
Speaker 3: Well, we're giving away tickets.
Speaker 1: Now, we don't play that song anymore. I didn't win.
Speaker 3: We all jam it right, yes, all rights.
Speaker 1: Have a great time at that show. Tell Miranda Lambert, I said, what up? All right? Yeah, thank you guys. I appreciate it. Thanks Jerry, thank you.
Speaker 3: Bunny XO have Miranda Lambert on her podcast?
Speaker 1: Really buying into this, Bunny.
Speaker 3: XO, I'm not buying into it.
Speaker 2: Every for every mega celebrity you talk about MGK, Miranda Lambert like they she's got them all on the podcast.
Speaker 3: Who was the last one that we had said was on there?
Speaker 2: She's getting all like the fire quotes, she's getting all this.
Speaker 1: Did you watch? Could you listen? Or you just know that she was on?
Speaker 2: I listened about half of it yesterday. Huh yeah, No, I'm not all the way through. They're long episodes, they're not short.
Speaker 1: And this is Bunny Xo's podcast, jelly Roll's wife, mm you you can go backstage to a Jelly Rolls show and meet her.
Speaker 7: Now.
Speaker 1: She's jumped onto that meat and greed package.
Speaker 3: I love that.
Speaker 1: Chad mc sends a great email today. He says, Ron, tell me if this makes sense and why I love the radio. This is just coming from his perspective. Now. It makes me feel connected to others. Sure, I've listened to CDs and Spotify playlists like you mentioned, but there's something special with listening to live radio and knowing that many others are listening to the same thing I am. I felt this way ever since I've played DJ, when I was a little kid in my room. I love hearing your passion for radio. Many other DJs or radio personalities they kind of seem to just do their job and not talk a lot about like why they love it, you know, Jed, why can't I talk like that? Yeah, Harry, im fumbling over my words talking about how much I love radio, and then he just like, but do doo doo type something out?
Speaker 3: And it's like any quick scripts writing.
Speaker 1: He sounds better at me than at my job. Yeah, thank you. But I did mention that human connection and he feels that, and that's what this is all about. So man, thank you guys so much. Ryan celebrating twenty years on the Buzz, twenty years of the most beautiful man any of us have ever met. Yeah, yeah, that the Buzz ninety four to five, the Buzz Blut, and they were just here. Man. The Summer God's Tour came rolling through as part of the amazing concert lineup this summer here in Houston, Texas. We're gonna talk about some suburbs to Houston coming up next hour. The suburb of Summer Sissler League City's gonna take on Climb. That's gonna be a fun matchup. We'll find out how Charles and Sheila got on board with us. I got pit tickets to STP. Another great show coming up on Thursday night. Ten percent chancell rain sunny High's of one on one. We have a heat warning today. If you were to believe the internet, the biggest generational battle is boomers and millennials. Those two groups are the ones that that fight the most. Really, if you were to believe it, everyone hates gen Z and then nobody wants to mess with gen X, So it is there's something if you, if you were to just believe everything on the internet, the biggest fight out there is boomers and millennials. And what somebody did is said stop the fighting and let's talk about some common ground things, okay, And they found common ground between these two generations. Now you might ask yourself, well, ro what what are these? What are these generational things? Okay? Like gen Z? Now these are all if you depending on where you go, the numbers are going to be off by a year or two. Like Chili doesn't want to be a Chili's like, no, no, no, no, I'm gen Z. He's on that cusp. You know, gen Z ninety seven to twenty twelve. Millennials were born eighty one to ninety six. Gen X, yes, sixty five to eighty and then the boomers are you know, nineteen sixty four, and so it's the older group and that mid range those millennials are fighting. Okay, here's the common ground between you are a millennial and the boomers. Okay, yes, you both agree that new car headlights are way too bright both generations. Okay, Like, okay, hey, let's have a beer and talk about it. Headlights. We can get together on this. Sure. Both groups, millennials and boomers overwhelmingly feel that people should not listen to music or have videos and calls playing on their phones in public without headphones.
Speaker 3: Uh, that would be my platform if I ever ran as president.
Speaker 1: There's some common ground there. Shut up, specifically to boomers and millennials. Not everything needs to be recorded, photographed and posted online.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I kind of annoy my family. I'm like, hey, I have six picks this weekend.
Speaker 12: We got to get some pictures in here. Yeah, okay, it's for the job. Common ground between millennials and boomers. Restaurants should offer an actual menu. Let's get gen Z in on this one.
Speaker 1: Please. Restaurants should offer an actual menu, not a QR code, especially when it's hard to read.
Speaker 3: Yeah, do you like a physical menu?
Speaker 1: I do like a menu. I went to True Lucks.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, you I'm little stone Crab.
Speaker 1: Yes, yeah. I opened up the menu. It was lit up. There's some led lights inside the menu.
Speaker 5: Alex.
Speaker 1: It's the fanciest thing I've ever seen.
Speaker 3: Well, you're paying for it.
Speaker 1: It's like.
Speaker 3: It is very fancy.
Speaker 1: It's like that dude on pulp Fiction when he opened up the case and that glow came on his face, that that gold glow. You open up the menu and it's lit up, lovely, and it's not a computer screen. No, no, no, there's something I don't even want to know how they do it. Okay. Tips should be for sit down meals in restaurants only if I'm standing, I'm not tipping millennials and old people.
Speaker 3: I can the.
Speaker 1: Millennials and the boomers. They agree on that. Millennials and boomers. I am not instantly available at any waking moment, just because it's technically possible. For me to see your message right away.
Speaker 5: That's right.
Speaker 1: I mean, I know there's other generations like gen Z. I'm wrapping. I'm like, can I get in on that one too? I want in on that, But this is just specifically about these two groups that are constantly fighting. Finally, both millennials and boomers agree that the way gen Z makes hearts with their hands is deeply unsettling.
Speaker 3: I like the heart.
Speaker 2: Oh wait, the way they do it with that second thumb, No, it's second finger.
Speaker 1: It's so cringe. When Jeremy Pinya doesn't.
Speaker 3: That's the way to do it.
Speaker 2: Younger kids, they do something like like a gang sign.
Speaker 3: It's weird. No, Jeremy Pinya is a cute and that's that makes sense. It's such a the other young kids do it.
Speaker 1: It's such a Justin bieber No and Taylor Swift thing.
Speaker 3: Jerry Patty, it's the.
Speaker 1: Most cringey thing he does. I love him. It's like, dude, leave that to the pop tarts, please please. The rod Ryan Morning Show six Am, Twney four five The Buzz, Good Morning, rod Ryan's Show with Breaking Benjamin. That's never Again. Happy Tattooesday, Happy Radio Day for most of you listening in your cars this morning. I appreciate that those of you that make the switch. I got the I got the whole four fecta. If that's a thing. She's listening on the phone in the shower, radio when she's getting ready after the shower, in the car, and then on the computer at work. All four of them she got. Those are their options this morning. How do you listen to the Rod Ryan Show in the morning. Fascinating to see how you guys consume this show. And I'm appreciative of every single one of you. Sumburm Summer Sissler coming up next hour today heat warning. I wish I had better news for you, man, But that means it's going to feel like about one hundred and twelve outside. I mean, that's like walking on the damn sun. Tessa S. Houston's headlines, I sure do.
Speaker 2: And today's theme for the Democratic National Convention is a bold vision for America's future. This thing got under way yesterday with Biden basically passing the torch to Kamala. They they did have a little bit of an issue with protesters outside. There were a security perimeter that was breached at the DNC. There was a standoff between protesters and officers later at Union Park. At least four people were arrested. So the first night closed with the speech from President Biden. He told last night's crowd he loves America, and then he went after Donald Trump, saying Harris Wall's ticket will make sure democracy survives. Okay, So I'm just kind of giving you the takeaways from that night. I think tonight the Obamas are expected to give a speech.
Speaker 3: Last night it was the Clintons.
Speaker 1: What's the judge, Hildalgo she spoke?
Speaker 3: Oh, I didn't realize that, you know what. Yes, she was.
Speaker 2: She gave a speech during the Democratic National Convention.
Speaker 3: I don't really have the takeaways from that.
Speaker 1: I know I saw her on the plane. She took her cat with her.
Speaker 3: Did she really?
Speaker 7: Yes?
Speaker 1: She did?
Speaker 3: Oh wow?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Cat and little cat carrier.
Speaker 2: Okay, sweet, Okay, maybe there's a cat convention in town too.
Speaker 3: We don't know.
Speaker 2: Galveston County jury says the parents of accused Santa Fe High School shooter Demetrius Pigort Sitz is not civilly liable. They are not civily liable for his actions. Jurors reached that verdict yesterday. They said eighty percent responsibility for the shooting goes to Pegortzitz and twenty percent goes to the online ammo seller Lucky Gunner. Relatives of the eight students and two teachers that were killed in the shooting said Pegorzitz's parents knew their son was mentally.
Speaker 3: Ill, but they didn't do enough to prevent the shooting.
Speaker 2: The suspect has been found incompetent to stand trial. Three D pretty homes is faster, less expensive, requires fewer workers, and minimizes construction material waste. They're very sturdy, apparently, and one of the biggest, well the biggest three D printed neighborhood, the world's largest, is nearing completion in Texas. So I went and got taken to take a look at this thing.
Speaker 1: It looks good. I'll tell you what. I've seen some three D printed houses, and I don't know how long ago I looked at this video, but it was just like this cement mixture, and they look like these Adobe houses. These are real looking houses. They're good look at homes. They're a little they're a little sterile.
Speaker 2: Some of the ones, yeah, that you see basically they kind of look like a fortress, and some home occupiers say it feels like a fortress, but they provide those walls provide a strong insulation from the Texas heat, keeping the inside cool even the air conditioner isn't on full blast. Their price from four hundred and fifty thousand dollars close to six hundred k. I see they all have like this looks like solar paneling on the top of it.
Speaker 1: I'm wondering. I know we have home builders that listen to the show. What is your take on this? Is it? Stop talking about it? Or are you not worried about it? Or are you you are worried about it? I don't know. I don't know how you know. I don't know. Yeah, baby printed homes, is that really going to take over?
Speaker 3: So weird?
Speaker 2: So like this, they pump this concrete, powder, water, sand, and then these other additives, and they pump it into a printer and then the nozzle squeezes out the concrete mixture like a toothpaste. And they just like a computer, just building layer upon layer like a robotic arm, just creating like corduroy effect walls.
Speaker 1: They don't know, no breaks, they don't have to take water breaks. Now you could work in the heat, They could work in the rain.
Speaker 2: Crazy guys are playing Rod Shut up, stop talking about it. You want to go check it out? It's on links and guests.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Talk show pioneer Phil Donahue, I mean, talk show legend. Phil Donahue died on Sunday. He was eighty eight years old. His family said he passed after battling a long illness. The Phil Donahue Show or Just Donahue, went nationwide in nineteen seventy and this is a show that ran until nineteen ninety six. He focused on a single topic per show and shot before a live audience.
Speaker 3: I would ask questions of the guests.
Speaker 2: I mean, this was a format that was copied by everyone from her Aldo.
Speaker 3: Rivera to Jerry Springer.
Speaker 2: Even Oprah Winfrey says if this show wouldn't have existed, her show wouldn't have existed if Phil hadn't have paid the way for her.
Speaker 1: So just what you said. Every talk show before Phil Donahue, I believe, just sat there on stage and interviewed people. Think about Johnny Carson. Okay, Phil Donahue would grab the microphone, courted and he'd go into the audience and he'd run around and he'd let people in the audience talk and ask them questions. Yeah, I think he's kind of invented that.
Speaker 2: It's like a pioneer and the social conversation aspect of it giving the audience a voice.
Speaker 1: And then Oprah says there's no met without him. Then you know that he's then he's the ground floor. But think about any whatever talk show you know, Ricky Lake, anything. Okay, it was all Phil Donahue who walked around with a microphone Eli Jesse Refi and had people talk. Yeah, it was all Phil.
Speaker 4: Jerry was like, would you guys like to fight? You audience numbers? What would I go yet the other?
Speaker 1: Yeah? No, Springer took it to a whole nother one to offer.
Speaker 3: You these hands combat.
Speaker 2: Yeah, let's talk about Blink one eighty two because they're going to release One More Time Part two. They say eight new songs will be a part of this new deluxe edition. So remember last year's One More Time reunion album.
Speaker 3: We all remember that this song was on that album.
Speaker 2: But now they're saying every other weekend, no Fun can't go back everyone everywhere. I mean, we have the whole song list here and then all in my Head is going to be released as a single on Friday. Yees, yes, my yet, Yes those are usins yet bikes.
Speaker 1: Thank you.
Speaker 4: Astro's got to win. Last night they came back to beat the Red Sox five to four. Yinier Diaz hit a walk off homer in the bottom of the ninth to win it, and now they've won eleven of twelve. They're gonna play the Red Sox again this evening. Right now, Blanco will be on the mount for the Stros, going up against Boston's Nick Pivetta.
Speaker 3: First pitches at seventen.
Speaker 4: You can listen to it on our sister station, Sports Talk seven ninety's mother Astro's News. The team announced yesterday that Justin Verlander is going to start for them tomorrow against the Red Sox. Verlinder has not pitched since June ninth because of stiffness in his neck. On the sports blog page today, Kirk Cousins is the new quarterback for the Atlanta Falcons. It was his birthday yesterday and a training camp. They're like, all right, Kirk, you get the ox. They passed in the ox and then they posted his playlist and I'm pretty sure he listens to ninety pro five The Buzz because his playlist was Jimmy World, the Middle, All American Rejects, We Got Green Day, we Blink, Wenty, Too Good, Charlotte Killers, Mister Brightside, Foo Fighters, Best of You, Wow, More Good, Charlotte Fall Up Boys, Sugar Were Going Down, More Killers, three Doors Down, Kryptonized Yellow.
Speaker 3: I identify with Kirk Cousins right here.
Speaker 1: I love this guy. Summer they plugged into you on the app.
Speaker 4: Maybe a great playlist listen to if you're getting ready for the suburb Summer Sissler. He might be a Sizzler fan, so that's probably what he's prepping for. But go check it out sports blog page today.
Speaker 1: I hope League City and Klein have been practicing. We're gonna, We're gonna this is We'll coming up next hour.
Speaker 6: Houston's Rock, Houston's Alternative, and The Rod Ryan Morning Show.
Speaker 1: I'm the Buzz, Good Morning, rod Ryan's Show. Is there gonna be something going on with this band? I resistant talking about it because I said, until Mike Shanoda comes up with something, okay, great. Mike Shanoda has said a few things. He said he's got something planned. What does that mean everybody takes that in a different direction. It could be just re releasing. There's a lot of anniversaries coming up for these big momentous albums of theirs. If it's a box set, great, I'm not that excited about it. I gotta be honest with you. I'm just not Okay. I don't go out. I don't buy that stuff anymore. I have too much junk, so I don't need like all the unheard sessions and things. I don't need that stuff anymore. What I need is Lincoln Park to say, hey, this is gonna be our new singer and we're gonna go out and do something about it. And olymp Biscuit two different bands. But if it comes to like a new metal thing, and I'm hearing iHeart promote a new metal channel, now I'm hearing it in an iHeart commercial where they're talking about System of a Down, We're playing it. Yeah, okay, And even Fred Durst talked about new metal on stage at the olymp Biscuit concert Limp Biscuit Lincoln Park. They're kind of in there, Okay. Mike Chanota is not going to let this moment pass. He's got to see what's going on and how many people are going to olympiscuit. He'll do double the numbers without Corey Felderman on tour.
Speaker 5: I would like that.
Speaker 1: I mean, listen, it would be sick if everybody took Corey Felderman out on the road with yes, okay, let's just let's be okay. I mean three eleven are idiots for playing tonight and not harring Corey Feldman on their bill. You know what I mean?
Speaker 3: Can only do so many.
Speaker 1: I think something's gonna happen this year. I do. I know we're we're already in August. It's like, if you're going to make a move, make a move soon, because nobody does anything in December. But man, give us something, Give us something like in Park please, because I love them so much. That's why it's coming from well like sunny skies. Ten percent chance of rain. I have one to one today. That's the true temperature. It's going to feel like a one hundred and twelve. So the heat advisory has been replaced by a heat warning. Good news if you're doing some flying, oh me, I love some good news. It's been twenty years now that the TSA has been limited, limiting our liquids.
Speaker 3: You still like that little three ounce.
Speaker 1: You used to be able to walk on a plane with the water bottle and like walk through security and everything with a water bottle. It seems insane now, okay, so your carry on luggage, you know you still got the three ounces and I don't know. Security lines are always a little crazy. They could be changing soon. What airports have started upgrading to new scanners. I'm reading they can allow for as many liquids as you want in containers of up to two liters, which is about sixty eight ounces. They use something called computed tomography. It can determine liquids differently, so it's pretty cool. The only problem is TSA is expecting that it's going to take until the year twenty forty to upgrade the two thousand screening lanes and about four hundred and thirty airports across the.
Speaker 3: US, so we'll just be dehydrated them.
Speaker 1: So London will be in her thirties when larger liquids on planes will be allowed. I'm happy for no, no, no, Listen, twenty forty is sixteen years away, so in sixteen years that means to be able to bring you know, your Stanley with you. Thank you Why even tell us about it? If it's that long off, what you've got it for you? Hell on, they're right, mind coming up? Guess what coming up in sixteen years this announcement?
Speaker 3: Shut up about it, person Like, keep that to yourself.
Speaker 1: If it's about a year, year and a half away, shut your mouth. Just finish it. Oh, let's go Suburbs Summer Sissler League City Charles Kleine Sheila going head to head in the Sweet sixteen bracket. Winner advances to the Grade eight. We'll talk to them after this.
Speaker 10: Houston's Rock, Houston's Alternative, and The rod Ryan Morning Show.
Speaker 1: I think that's the Halloween creep, isn't it? Like the Halloween like this, like this stuff that's kind of scary. I mean, I feel like we're gearing up for Halloween. People are sending me a lot of pictures off they're out and they see Halloween decorations and stuff in stores already ninety four to five, the Buzz, Good Morning, rod Ryan's Show. And I'm here for all of it too. I love it. I can't wait. Halloween is been my favorite now. I mean, but Christmas, Christmas is the goat, but man, Halloween is right, there. Damn.
Speaker 5: I love Halloween.
Speaker 1: Like the weather, there's usually not a heat warning around Halloween like we have today. They can feel like you're in Satan's butthole today.
Speaker 3: Okay, okay, it's a good reminder, good reminder.
Speaker 1: You can feel like you're w you're tiptoeing around in Satan's butthole today. Okay, it's gonna feel like about one hundred and twelve degrees outside. That's why we've bypassed the advisory and right to the heat warning. Okay, what's trending?
Speaker 3: Did you see this?
Speaker 2: Mike Lynch and Morgan Stanley's Jonathan Bloomer or missing after.
Speaker 1: You don't know who that those people are.
Speaker 2: They're they're like Morgan Stanley, they're billionaires and their luxury yacht sank off the coast of Italy and there are they are among.
Speaker 3: Six people that are still missing.
Speaker 2: This tornado hit a luxury yacht off the coast of Sicily. And yeah, so once the chairman of Morgan Stanley International, and obviously everyone on this boat is very very rich, and it is one of the top searches on Google. So pretty big story, I believe to Americans on this super yacht as it sank off the.
Speaker 1: Coast of Sicily, and they don't know where they are right now.
Speaker 3: I believe one body was recovered. I can't give you.
Speaker 2: I really am just looking at headlines right now. Also, Texans owner Cal McNair, he was answering fans questions on Reddit.
Speaker 3: Remember you had told Rod to do this one time.
Speaker 2: Rod has done this one time where you go on if people are like asking.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he did ask me anything before.
Speaker 2: And basically so and has asked me anything session on Reddit. He was basically just talking about how excited he was for the rookie class. He loves watching the young players develop. So yeah, he's he's.
Speaker 1: Uh, hopes have never been higher in the city of That's right.
Speaker 3: That's right.
Speaker 1: I don't care what year you look at with the Houston Texans franchise. This is the most exciting team ever in the history of the team going into this year.
Speaker 3: And you know, we're getting those night games now. I used to love that we.
Speaker 2: Would play in the daytime, but now we're gonna get some of these, you know, night games, which are highly rated, highly rated. Also, Chipotle is given away a million burritos. Did I see that on the food blog page? Yeah, okay, they're giving away a million dollars in free burritos.
Speaker 3: You can find out how to get one if you go to the flood blog page.
Speaker 2: It's bringing back Chipotle IQ, which is a trivia game that will test your knowledge on Chipotle.
Speaker 3: That's what's trending on any four five of us.
Speaker 1: You have to promise to not picking on the kid that's putting the chicken on your dumb bowl, the guy before we got one more piece of chicken. I'm a break man. Charles good more, Good morning, run Charles from League City suburb, Summer Sissler. You're in the Sweet sixteen. You're one game away from the Grade eight, two games away from winning some cash. Charles, how'd you get here? How did your first matchup go?
Speaker 3: We had a song we didn't know, and then the second one I crushed him.
Speaker 1: It was the other Charles and Katie. Okay, so you coasted your way into the to the sweet sixteen. Yeah, it's all right. How did Sheila get here? Sheila?
Speaker 3: Hey?
Speaker 1: Where's my friends from Australia? La? I reckon, there's some Shella's up in here? Cheila? How'd you make it here? How'd you make it into the Sweet sixteen.
Speaker 3: I beat Brinham.
Speaker 4: Way to Goot, Way to go.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you knew it. That's right, you knew it. Okay, Now you've both had a lot of time in between your last games. Charles, you been practicing.
Speaker 6: I have been.
Speaker 1: I have been a little cala. You've been practicing a little yeah, Oda, Yes you've been practicing. Yes, yeah, good, Yeah, all right, Well we'll see. We're gonna see who was practicing. We're gonna see who was practicing the right songs. Yeah, three days, three days, Grace, three and a half minutes to steal on it. Good luck, Welcome to the News school year. You may not bring your own ingredients to science class. This isn't breaking bad. The Ron Ryan Show Mornings on ninety four five The Buzz Buzz three days, Grace, animal, I have become rod Ryan Show on this Tattooesday. Thank you so much for having us on this national radio day. That's our poll question today. We're wondering how you listen to The Rod Ryan Show. We love every single one of you. However you're consuming this show, it is greatly appreciated. But more of you are listening via the car radio by far than anything. Else over double the fact of people listening on their phone car radio sixty phone is twenty six percent. That damn app the best thing our company, second best thing our company ever did. Five percent on the computer, six percent of you like an old school radio. That's how you're consuming the rod Ryan Show in the morning. This is a good one for tomorrow, Nurse D. She thinks that gen Z is the largest population of listeners of the rod Ryan Show. Really, that's her guest. She said, why don't you break down the generations on a pole question? You got Boomers, gen Z, millennials, and gen X. Oh no, I'm sorry. She thinks gen X. I was about to say she said gen X will be the highest. She thinks that there's more gen xers listening to the rod Ryan Show than any other. Wizard probably does know this, but I think that would be a fun thing to do tomorrow in the air. Just keep the infighting going with the generations.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what divides us but.
Speaker 1: The rod Ryan Show bringing all those generations together. Heat warning today, Please be careful out there. We got the heat advisory in the rear view mirror. Or like we drove right past that, We're going right to the heat warning. Okay, the next warning is lava. Okay, sunny today, I have one on ones gonna could feel like one hundred and twelve ound there. All right, both of these jokers tell me they've been practicing, Charles, right, how do you listen to the show in the morning car radio? Yeah, anyway, that's the most. Yeah, people were getting caught up. Or I do a little of this, a little of this. What what do you most? You know, what represents you most? Listening in the morning, So car radio for Charles in League City, and then what about Sheila, Good morning, I'm a little bit of everything.
Speaker 2: YouTube in the mornings that were from home, Yeah, on the drive them at work.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we got to pump up those YouTube numbers. Everybody follow us on YouTube, like smash the subscribe button or whatever. Whatever the kids say. All right, Sheila and Charles, they're in the Sweet sixteen winner Advances to the grade eight. They say they've been practicing, Alex, let's see, did they practice this song? Though? I don't know what you have in there? You do, I do, You're the only one who knows. Okay, guys, you're shouting out your name when you think you know the name of the band and the name of the song, The Suburb Summer Sizzler, brought to us by Shell Federal Credit Union. Now you make it to the final four, you get two hundred and fifty dollars cash, and then, to the radio Wizard's dismay, you're all in the final four getting rod Ryan showed twentieth anniversary party tickets as well. He thinks I'm throwing those around a little too much.
Speaker 3: I mean, maybe you are, but that's okay.
Speaker 1: Yesterday we shared it party and then the winner gets five thousand dollars. All right, maybe it'll be one. Maybe it'll be one of these people that are on the phone with us, but it'll only be one. Charles, Are you ready? Yes? Their Shella? You ready? Yeah? Ok, shout out your name. I'll stop. You got about three seconds to give me song title and band. Good luck. Game twenty one of the Suburb Summer Sizzler for twenty twenty four are here we go. I'm just a normal for who just said their name?
Speaker 3: Charles, Charles, Charles.
Speaker 1: Blue October into the Ocean.
Speaker 5: That is correct?
Speaker 1: Correct dance turn it out, Shella, you knew it, Shela, you knew it.
Speaker 3: I knew the band.
Speaker 1: I knew the band.
Speaker 3: I couldn't think of his song.
Speaker 1: Into that damn ocean, Into the ocean appear Chilla, you won nothing?
Speaker 3: Thanks, okay, great killing you know what?
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know what?
Speaker 3: And you have to move.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, Kline, Client's gonna be rough. I know, Client's gonna be rough on you. Sheila. We got to say goodbye, congratulations and getting and you won your way into this sweet sixteen too, So I really appreciate you. Thanks for playing. Thank you, all right, thank you, Sheila. Charles. Yeah there all right, Grade eight, my man, the great looking forward to it. You're one game away from winning some cash and tickets to the anniversary show. All right, keep it rolling. I want those tickets. I know you do. I know you do it. Right after I said that, I got yelled at by my boss. But then everyone that's in the tournament said thank you. So at least you guys are happy about it. All right, I appreciate you, man. Way to go. Dayton takes on sugar Land tomorrow in the Suburbs. Subburbs is last pooped. But by the buzz sets three, eleven and down, they're tonight, right, said one three.
Speaker 3: I believe so.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah yeah. That show is tonight. Yesterday was Jane's Addiction. I got the kid. I got the kid this week, so I couldn't go. And I'm getting some great pictures. Oh, I got one right here, I got one right here. And you know how much I was. I was giving him a hard time about not going, and then I walk in. I'm like, oh, I didn't go. I know, but I got the kid. I'm gonna do. I'm not taking the kid to Jane's addiction.
Speaker 3: That was gonna be my suggest a school night.
Speaker 1: It should have been the coolest. Uh yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, sleep a little coffee.
Speaker 1: I got a list of other things dealing with her mom. I don't need that added to it, all right, So Carol sends me an email. Carol sends me an email. Hey Rod, good morning, longtime listeners since the beginning, love y'all so much. You guys are the best in capsule. I raised my fifteen year old Bella listening to you. Took her to Jane's Dixon last night for her first real concert experience. She loved it. We caught Steven's drumstick. Keep doing what you're doing, love, Carol Chavez. I mean you take your kid to a concert. You muscle your way in to the front of the stage. There's mom, dad and the kid kids throwing up the devil horns. It's awesome. And then you get a drumstick. It's your first concert.
Speaker 3: I could have been London.
Speaker 1: I could have been London. But now London, nah, I don't know. I mean London's been to a few things, not real concerts yet. Well. I mean she was at Buzzfest. She was about six months old. She was at Buzzfest. I brought her on stage.
Speaker 3: Oh cute.
Speaker 1: Justin made me go get her. I had the sitter watching her in the Marriott.
Speaker 3: Oh nice.
Speaker 1: And Justin's like, your kids here, can I meet her? Please? He is the sucker for a baby. He is a Justin Furstefeld loves babies more than anybody. Okay, like little baby. Okay, if he gets winded, your baby, he's gonna say, bring her over here, okay, like he loves babies, know that. So I went and got her, brought her backstage. There's Justin. He's hanging out with her for a little bit. I mean, she was a blob, you know. And then it was time for me to do a stage announcement. So I just took that blob on stage with me.
Speaker 3: Yeah, calling my girl.
Speaker 1: She was a little blob and everything. Now London is going to go to the twentieth anniversary show. That might be like her first concert. It'll be an unplugged situation. But if you want information about the twentieth anniversary show, you still got to win your wigh in. If I'm allowed, I'll do some more fun things.
Speaker 5: Uh, just do it.
Speaker 1: It's October twelfth at the car Bock Brewery and uh it's still it's the hottest ticket in town. And we got to come up with what's the next fun thing we're gonna do. Yesterday was fun with all your pictures and everything. I want to do more fun things, to give away more than just the one pair of day And we got shined down Sublime Blue October Theory of a Dead Man X's. There is no on sale, no tickets are sold for this. Still got to win your way into it. That's awesome. Uh okay, I mean I'm not trying to rub it in, but I did say that the Suburbs summer sicilar people, the final four people are gonna get tickets. I said, I wanted, and I said I wanted to do parties like I want to go out with tickets and be in a bar situation and have car bock roll up and then boom, I'm gonna give way a bunch of tickets. I don't know what else? What else do you want to do to give away tickets? Queer battle to the death like that? We could have chili jump off the roof of the building and the person that comes closest to the spot where he lands of.
Speaker 2: Tickets throw tickets off the roof, and then the cop will come.
Speaker 1: Let's throw a chili with a bag of tickets off the roof, and then let's just pick up the tickets and chili and get a grease.
Speaker 5: Egg with with ticket tied to it.
Speaker 3: You can catch the pig the tickets, bese.
Speaker 2: With some tickets in the bayou and make people dive to go get them.
Speaker 1: You like any of the stuff that you're hearing, any of the stuff saying that's the winner any winter winter chicken dinners? Yeah, why don't we just hey, to hell with it?
Speaker 10: Hey, why don't we just tie rod to a tree, grease them up, and then uh, just have a pair of tickets on them.
Speaker 1: Rob you like you want grease stuff, Back them up against a tree, put an apple on his head, and pair of tickets. Hey, pass around the boat and arrows.
Speaker 10: Let's just get Rod and Wizzard handcuffed together and you know, have them walked down the street.
Speaker 1: And you had to tackle both of them. Let's see, that's the way radio used to be. And then you know somebody skinned their knee and sued somebody and you can't do that stuff like that.
Speaker 3: That's how I got most of my uh my, my radio career.
Speaker 1: That's how you started. How you cut your teeth? Yeah? Uh, while I have you? Did we forget to give away pit tickets to STP Live Solo Asylum yesterday? I believe yesterday we didn't give them out. So we have an extra pair of should we do two pair right now? Let's do it? Okay, I'll take call her number ten and call her number eleven. You're so crazy, loco okay or local? Ask you name the name. I'm quad le Chaco STP Live Sol Asylum Thursday night. I'll take call her number ten and eleven. Pit passes Houston's alternative and tell them at the Rod Ryan Morning Show ninety four the buzz twenty four to five, the buzz whipping out the shinedown. Didn't that come up this morning? Yeah? Man, call back to home room this morning. You're gonna have to go and listen to the podcast if you want to know why we're whipping out this shinedown. Now, good morning. Got a chance at one thousand dollars in a trip to the iHeart Radio Music Festival. M hm, little text the wind coming up at around nine ten. We're gonna leave you with twenty one pilots tickets. Keep warning today could feel like above one hundred and twelve out there be careful, Tessa. One final time Houston's headlines please.
Speaker 2: Cruiser adding new fencing around the United Center following a breach hearing a protest at the Democratic National Convention just as delegates were arriving yesterday at the Arenas and demonstrators reached the outer security fence. At least four people were arrested, as the National Guard remains on standby in the city. So it's day two of the DNC and that we will.
Speaker 3: Monitor this.
Speaker 2: Former President Barack Obama set to speak tonight with his wife Michelle and Second Gentleman Doug M.
Speaker 3: Hoff Galveston County, Texas.
Speaker 2: Jury says the parents accused of Santa Fe High School shooter Demetrius Pagortzitz are not civilly liable for Pagortzis's actions. Jurors reached this verdict yesterday. This was a big case. The trial had been going on right in Galveston County. What the jury decided was that eighty percent responsibility for the shooting goes to Progortsits and twenty percent goes to an online Ammo seller, Lucky Gunner. The relatives of the eight students and two teachers that were killed in this shooting back in twenty eighteen say his parents knew that pegorts Its their son was mentally ill, but didn't do enough to prevent the shooting. He did not stand trial. Agortsis did not stand trial in this He was deemed unfit. A ups driver in North Texas is home from the hospital after he crashed his truck when he reportedly passed out from the heat. This is an incident that happened Friday in McKinny. That's about thirty miles north of Dallas. We know here in Texas the heat has been extremely dangerous Dave Reeves, president of the Teamsters Local seven sixty seven, says the driver should have been home, should have been sent home when he called ups and he didn't feel well. Said he didn't feel well after delivering parcels.
Speaker 3: He had been delivering for six or seven hours.
Speaker 2: These guys have really long workdays and now the Teamsters Union is demand ending answers because there is a video circulating.
Speaker 3: You can see the driver losing control.
Speaker 2: He nearly crashes into oncoming traffic and he hits a tree instead. This is the incident allegedly caused by the heat exhaustion. Yeah, well he was driving. He succumbed to that heat there, so just be careful guys. Back in July, a seventeen year old kid walked into a Taylor Swift themed yoga class in the UK and started stabbing people.
Speaker 3: This is awful.
Speaker 2: Three young girls were killed, eight more were injured, along with two adults well. During one of her recent Eras tour shows in London, Taylor met with two of those girls and their family members.
Speaker 3: Their mom, Sammy Foster.
Speaker 2: Had posted some picks and then she posted on TikTok along with the caption you drew stars around my Scars, which is a lyric from this Taylor song Cardigan. She thanked Taylor and her mom Andrea Swift, who was there for making the most magical night possible for all of them. Niagara Falls now features Gene Simmons Boulevard.
Speaker 3: That's right.
Speaker 2: Gene Simmons took a trip tonight Agrifalls, New York for a special ceremony. Over the weekend, The Mirror presented him with two things, a key to the city and then an announcement that part of Main Street had been renamed Gene Simmons Boulevard. The renaming was to recognize what the Mirror set was a significant investment in the local business community. Jean Simmons has partnered up with Rock City sodas soldas up North.
Speaker 1: I don't know if it's bottled up there. There's gotta be some connection that they were kind of greasing him a little bit. I wonder.
Speaker 2: He says it's an honor, but it is not forever. The renaming of the street is just a temporary thing.
Speaker 1: So those are he played Last night in my hometown north Tonawanda, New York, Jean Simmons played I think Ace Freely's playing tomorrow night at the theater that I grew up, going to bizarre.
Speaker 3: I should play this chowder game.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we haven't played in a while. We gotta wait till the Sissler's over. Okay, all right, what's going on in sports?
Speaker 4: Astro's got to win. Last night they came back to beat the Red Sox five to four. Ya, He's going to walk off Homer in the bottom of the ninth to win. They've now won eleven of their last twelve games. They're gonna of the Red Sox again tonight. Right now, Blanco is gonna be on the Manistro's going up against Boston's Nick Pivetta. French is at sevent ten and you can listen to it on our sister station, Sports Talk seven ninety.
Speaker 1: It's more Astros news.
Speaker 4: The team announced yesterday that Justin Verland, who is going to start for them tomorrow against the Red Sox, he has not pitched since June ninth because of stiffness in his neck.
Speaker 5: That is what's going on in Sports Houston.
Speaker 3: And the Rod Ryan Morning Show six am.
Speaker 1: The Buzz. Now that's whipping out the bush four or five the buzz. That was a question this morning. Yeah, fresh out of bad head to head challenge. Did neither one of our contestants know who Gavin Rossdale was?
Speaker 3: That's right, that's right, that was a thing that happened.
Speaker 1: I get it. You don't know the guys names in imagine dragons, but Gavin Rossdale is a rock star. To me, I think that's a named guy.
Speaker 3: He's kind of been a big celebrity too, for a big chunk of my life.
Speaker 1: I'm not asking you who the singer is a collective soul. I get it. There's some bands out there that are kind of like nameless and faceless, and I get all of that. Gavin Rossdale is a celebrity big, he's acted, he was married to what's her nut? I mean Stefani. I mean he's famous, and.
Speaker 3: He comes to youseon like every six months.
Speaker 1: He played the Rod Ryan Show ten year anniversary party. He helped us out with that really nice guy, super nice guy and very dreamy.
Speaker 2: Very you were going to say, I don't want to be the one to say I don't want to get bounced today.
Speaker 1: It's like he's so handsome, it's not fair. That's how handsome he is. And then on top of it, he's being nice to me, and then he's like with his dumb little accent, and then he's like fit, he's got a ripped, shredded shirt and he shredded and.
Speaker 3: He takes off his shirts on the times.
Speaker 1: Thanks. I hate him. I just tucked myself into hating him. No, he's really he's an awesome guy. He really is. I couldn't believe they didn't know him. Good morning, everybody. That's kind of the you know, that's kind of the crazy stuff that goes on in homeroom around here. It's the first hour of the show. I'm got a quick little email. Listen, you guys are gonna well. I don't know how you're gonna judge him. I understand the frustration harshly. I understand the frustration here no names, brother Rod, I know you're going through this.
Speaker 5: Is it just me?
Speaker 1: Or have teacher provided back to back shopping list gotten out of hand? Last week? My wife and I went out for our three kids to get everything on the list. Final price tag two hundred and seventy six dollars. What did I say? London's list was one hundred and sixty Yeah, for everything like that. Here's the teacher and this is everything they needed. Now, listen, Clorox wipes, here's the three pack, you know what I mean? Like, I'm not gonna bring in my kid's not gonna bring in one roll of paper tunnels. Like, here's a six pack A favorite.
Speaker 5: Toeles my kid?
Speaker 3: Would I think that's what you want? That's what you get, Okay, I'm gonna give you my groceries.
Speaker 1: Three kids, three kids, two hundred and seventy six dollars. That's not the issue, though, Rod. Yesterday was their first day of school. When the kids got home, I was told that half of the supplies we purchased went to the class community fund for all the other students in the class. I don't mind helping out other kids who are in need, but it feels really shady not to disclose on the shopping list that you're also paying for everyone else in the class. Is this a regular thing? I wonder how much the shopping would have cost us if we bought supplies for just our kids, right. I understand his issue, of course, I understand his issue, and just he's asking a question. I have the money, I don't mind buying extra, and I'm assuming that everything that was on London's list was kind of going to the community. I kind of figured that all those markers and all that stuff. It wasn't just I know that.
Speaker 2: There's pens you have, so there's thirteen students, they're not gonna have fifteen Clorox white you know, jars, and every when your kid's desk gets dirty, they're gonna go pull from that one, right, you know what I mean? Like it's gonna be for the collective messes that all the kids made.
Speaker 1: That's London's hand sanitized. I think the thing for those the list called for, you know, six ounds, I'm like, well, I imagine they probably want the twelve ounce or the sixteen ounce wife. So now I again, I'm one kid. I have the money. I don't mind that stuff because I know, doing what we do with the backpacks all these years, how many teachers we heard from. And Alex can attest to this because his mom taught forever how much money is coming out of their pocket a lot, okay to buy these things. So these school lists are put together by the teacher, you know, and they're all customized for what those kids are going to be doing in that classroom. I just assume that that is going into the communal thing.
Speaker 4: No, everybody's not sending exactly all that stuff, kind of like you said with the with the wipes, So it's like you gotta get what you can.
Speaker 1: Should it be disclosed that this is not just for your child and this is going to go into the class fund? Is where his question was. He literally had no idea about that, And.
Speaker 2: I said, all right, good, Well, I don't think I don't think he's I don't think he anyone was trying to manipulate him.
Speaker 3: So should it be his clothes?
Speaker 1: Maybe? Maybe?
Speaker 3: Sure? Would it have made him feel better, yes, But I don't think it was.
Speaker 2: Done to be like pull one over on you, like these kids are making messes dog like, so.
Speaker 1: They're I don't think anybody nobody's shocked to not see the the job of teacher on the highest paying career list. Okay, it's not, it's nowhere near the top. Teachers are telling me that easily one thousand dollars out of their pocket is being spent on things that they need for their classroom. Now you might be saying, well, Rod, why doesn't the school budget take care?
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 1: They can't even find buses for kids So I don't know what's going on with the school budgets, but I can tell you that they just don't have the money for the things that the kids need to learn and to stay active and stay busy, none of this.
Speaker 4: So you're going to last the whole year, Yes, you're getting right now. Those are gonna have to be re planished. And the teachers aren't like, hey, if you wanted to send some more supplies, it's usually like that's what they get for the year until they restock it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I understand your frustration. He's got three kids, you know, I don't know what his I don't know what his finance situation is. He just is saying that he would like to know that, Hey, everybody's sharing this stuff. So he I don't know, I don't know why he was caught off guard, but he was caught off guard. Imagine he's not the only one. If he's sending in an email, there's someone else that didn't know that. What do I mean, that's just not all for my kid?
Speaker 3: No, it's it's definitely not cheap. It's definitely not cheap.
Speaker 1: Yeah, right, you got to help out when you can.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I appreciate and you know there are some parents that will send in a box of like welcome back to the teachers, and you know what I mean, And some parents are like, I can't do that, you know what I mean, Like I can't afford to get my teacher a Starbucks gift card and stuff. But I'll tell you what, every time that teacher gets that, they're so over the moon appreciative.
Speaker 3: So no, it's not something you have to do, but if you can do it, do it.
Speaker 1: I offered to buy every kid a chainsaw in first grade and they said no, chain game. Yeah, we were talking about chainsaws. I'm like, give everybody like they're on me, everyone gets a chainsaw and they said no, mister Ryan, thank you.
Speaker 3: All your school ideas don't really land.
Speaker 1: None of them did. Here's a chance to win some money in a trip four or five the bus. Good morning, brot Ryan's show. A lot of comments on the email that I read, and a lot of people agree with the dude that emailed me. I'm sure the guy's email to me before the break was he had a teacher provided back to school list. He's like Roden, he's gotten out a hand, he said. The wife and I went out for three kids. They got everything on the list. You know, they did what they were told. Two hundred and seventy six dollars. And he thought that was for his kids. He thought that's what they were going to use throughout the year. And then he found out that that was a communal type of thing. But did you think your kid was.
Speaker 3: Just want to walk crown with like a kleenexbox every day? Yeah, it's just at their desk, at their little desk, and then they go to lunch. They had to tell you where them, like, well, listen to some of the stuff. I feel like, yeah, if your glu stick has to be shared, okay?
Speaker 1: They were like, ron, I completely agree with that guy. My kid's supply list also included multiple packs of coffee, paper, and staples. At this point, what are my school taxes going towards? I did hear from a teacher.
Speaker 5: Olympics every four years?
Speaker 1: How about this? I'm a second grade teacher. Almost every part of that school supply list goes into a community bucket, except maybe the scissors. I will disclose it now in case any other parents are wondering, Like she's listening this morning, I improve her list. I don't know how what are the kids taking a nap already She's listening and she said, I will disclose that. But moving forward, when she puts out that list, she's going to disclose that because of what this guy said. She goes, I think that's fair. I don't want any confusion, and she says, I, you know, listen, we need these things. Though we're not brand picky. However, these pre sharpened to Kondraga pencils. Sure, okay, sounds right to Condra Goa pencils. And I think I had to buy those. I think those was on London's list. They are the goat. They come in so clutch the first day of school. They sharpen the best personally in my class. We wipe down the desks at the end of every day with Clorox wipes so we can kill some of the germs, and we go through glue sticks like you would not believe.
Speaker 2: I love a clean teacher, like a germophobe teacher. Let's wipe down those desk. Kids only wipe down London's desk with her continer. It's the three pack just wiped out. Like I know, there's a whole table, there's like nine kids at it. But just wipe down my kids section with the Clorox wipes that I bought.
Speaker 3: Top line Kids eLEGS online.
Speaker 1: Right, what you got?
Speaker 3: Well, school is back in session for a lot of kids.
Speaker 4: And I found this today and it reminded me of when I would go to the computer lab at school and try to not do any work in the computer lab and you get some of the games like Odell down Under or well, you're gonna play today Oregon Trail.
Speaker 1: Oh, I loved Orgon Trail is the best.
Speaker 4: You're like, yeah, we're gonna go work on this project, and you're like, totally, I'm gonna just play orgon Trail for thirty minutes.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm gonna do because it was pre loaded into the computer.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and you could like you weren't surfing the internet where they'd yell at your foot. You just play the Oregon Trail and then but aha, so and so died a dysentery, and then you make fun of your friends that you play all your friends names in there, and then yeah, that was pretty much what you did for thirty minutes. So today instead of working, you can go play the Oregon Trail yeah and feel like you're back in school. Yeah, perfect, And you don't have to share it with anybody, but you can if you want to. It could be all yours, but you could share it if you'd like. If I'm going off track on this, that's okay.
Speaker 1: But because that was a pre programmed game, Yeah, somebody told me, like when we don't have like there's time time we don't have internet here I heard. I just told you, like how big we are, and you know millions of people were bigger than Google. My company tells me sometimes I can't get on the internet here and there's that like oops, you can't get on and there's that dinosaur. Yeah, somebody said that that's a game. I think they ever tried to do anything with that dinosaur. No, I think the dino is interactive.
Speaker 4: I think Google Space Bar used to be a game you could play on it, but I don't know if it was when it wouldn't work.
Speaker 1: Yeah, hey, you know what, I know.
Speaker 3: None of thing's working right now. Take your mind off that with our dino game.
Speaker 5: It help.
Speaker 1: Somebody tell me somebody knows this. I do that, and I think that dinosaur is interactive.
Speaker 4: Fuss, Look, don't worry. I got to level six in this dinosaur game. I didn't do any work because you give me Internet.
Speaker 3: Here's my here's my quarterly report to check it out yet Jurassic World.
Speaker 4: Check it out the world famous rod Ryan Show page at the buzz dot com. The Dry Show celebrating twenty years ninety four.
Speaker 1: Or five The Buzz ninety four or five Buzz. It's pop a roach and leave a light on rod Ryan Show. Tap Tuesday sunny temper cent chance rain, true temperature high one on one, one o two and fill like one hundred and twelve. That's why we're bypassing the heat advisory, going right to the heat warning. Let me see giving away twenty one pilot's tickets on Know the Show. So that's a good thing. Oh, it's also National Bacon Lover's Day. We've been talking so much about National Radio Day. That's even my pole question. Maybe the rod Ryan Show is the Bacon of the radio. Maybe we can combine these two things.
Speaker 3: Yeah, everyone, it's so delicious.
Speaker 1: There's a lot of radio like we're the bacon on the radio.
Speaker 3: That's a huge compliment.
Speaker 4: I like that.
Speaker 1: Write that down, Alex right right now. Appreciate it. Go ahead, National Radio Day. How do you do how do you listen to us most often in the morning? Sixty percent of you say car radio, twenty six percent, on that phone, six point three percent, computer, six point nine percent, old school radio, those old shop radios. A couple of them have been sent to me. I think Chili's posted some of those. You've posted some of those. They're great. Yeah, but it's bacon, d to bacon and radio much two of my favorite things. I made some bacon this weekend.
Speaker 5: It was delicious, like just.
Speaker 3: By itself or as you put it around, a poppera.
Speaker 1: You know, show off. I had a buddy in town. He's in town doing some business and he stayed with us this weekend. So you know, you gotta gotta make breakfast. I don't.
Speaker 3: And you're doing the like one handed egg cracking thing in front of him.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, yeah, yeah yeah, but you know he got to cook bacon. I don't London and I don't eat bacon on the weekends. But it's just does. But we show off in front of people, for sure. I got a real nice letter from Houston Children's charity. I thought I would share it with you guys, because it's not my money. You know, they're they're thanking me, and they're thanking the show. But it was it was all of you that that helped us out in our great sponsors that came in, said Rob, this year's distribution was an amazing achievement due to your generosity. Well I'm turning that around to you listening to the radio. That was all your generosity, your money, your goodwill provided more than one three and ninety one families with backpacks, books, and a few surprises too. Our families left with the special memories of a magical day that everyone deserves. Your passion and commitment to this program and the children of Houston is nothing short of amazing. I would like to send their deepest gratitude to you and your team for continue to support support, especially this fifteenth year. This year we were able to provide more than thirty five hundred children with backpacks full of age appropriate supplies needed for academic success. Thank you for giving so many children a happy memory to go along with their school supplies. Yeah, it goes on and just you know, continues to say really nice things. And it was a great, cool little montage of pictures and people that helped out and you know, yeah, we passed out the backpacks a couple of weeks ago. I mean, perfect timing because this goes hand in hand with the situation that the guy emailed. He's like, Man, what am I doing buying all these school supplies?
Speaker 7: Dude?
Speaker 1: It's like everyone's using them, they need them, they need them, Okay, and then there's kids out there that didn't have backpacks and all of that that was your money. So that thank you that went to me, that's to you everybody that helped us out, Everybody that went and maybe bought a koozie or did something or you know, even if you were just motivated that day. Boy, we had that huge day when we threw out the twentieth anniversary party tickets yea for people that were making purchases, it doesn't matter. You still did something really really good and it's something to be proud of and awesome, awesome job. Everybody, thank you for that. And the people over at Houston Children's Charity were like such a small piece of what they do throughout the year. Man, they're getting kids off the floor. You know, hell does that stuff with the Houston Furniture Bank. There's kids sleeping on the floor here, okay, and there's a bed program to give away beds to get kids to sleep in a bed. Okay, there's programs out there. So if you're looking to get involved with something and you don't have the money, they all need you to pitch in and donate your time. So whether it's Houston Children's Charity who does stuff all throughout the year, they have all different programs. There's the Houston Furniture Bank, there's the Houston Food Bank, which you've all heard of that before. I mean, you know, we work with the guys over at Texas Adapted. They need help. I mean, there's not a charity out there that's going to say, no, we don't need you to help us out and come in and put in some sweat equity.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: I learned that term when I was on a build one time for Habitat for Humanity. That's their thing. Put in that sweat equity. You know, you're going in there and you're you're helping out. So if you can donate, if you can donate cash or you know, donate goods or something, that's great. Boy. If you have time to help, And we had a lot of people and I know a lot of you come to me and say I want to be there. I want to pass out the backpacks. Like we have a million people out there, you know, standing on the round. There's a ton of people out there standing around. So you know when they needed help the day after, and they needed help the weekend after for whatever they had going on in there. There's a huge warehouse. They need stuff moved around, they need things. They just need help all the time. All you got to do is look up these different charities if you need help, if you need links, I'll send it to you, all right, I'll send it to you. So thank you guys. Man, it was another great season. Boobs Rock is just around the corner. So talking about another golf tournament coming up raising money for M d Anderson right here in our backyard. Yeah, that's all I mean, that's coming up soon, man, So there's no rest. Welcome back to school kids.
Speaker 10: Please report coonies keep a school nurse accusing anyone falsely of having grounds for repeated nookies.
Speaker 1: Rod Bryan on ninety four five four or five, the buzz stayed for you. Rod Ryan showed ten Tuesday confirmed Richard, what's up? The dinosaur is a game? So when when you can't get on the Internet and it says no Internet connection available or whatever. It says. There's like a dinosaur there. Apparently that's a prompt for a game, he said. Rod confirmed it's a game. You got to jump over stuff. I turned my mobile data off just so I can play. Wow, he likes the dinosaur game.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, I mean it makes sense because it's like, hey, prehistoric times, there was no internet.
Speaker 1: Let me tell you. When I get it here in the morning and it's four o'clock and I see that goddamn dinosaur, I'm not in the mood to play a game. Okay, I want to know why iHeart is not providing me internet to get on the internet to get prepped for the show. I am not in the mood when I don't have internet to play a game.
Speaker 3: Feel that.
Speaker 1: Who is that six son of a bitch that came up with that? It's not game time for me.
Speaker 7: Man.
Speaker 1: You know what my game is throwing this staple through the door. Yeah, that's that's the game. That's Alex's games. Let's all play the Alex game. Let's throw our let's throw our laptop down.
Speaker 3: The hall, let's break into.
Speaker 1: That's why I didn't know. I just I saw it on somewhere. I came across it somewhere. I'm just like, Okay, I don't know that I'll ever feel test this. I'm not in a good mood when I can't get on the internet. What are you giving away?
Speaker 3: I know the show I love to prep to gets see twenty one pilots.
Speaker 2: So you're playing Toyota Center September first, plus, you and your guests will get to meet the band backstage at the show.
Speaker 1: Wow, I know, meet and Green. Those guys are wild. There might be there might be hummus back there.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, crazy.
Speaker 1: It might get silly. It might get silly with those guys. Okay, there might be all right, it might be wild. I don't know. Just be careful if you go backstage with twenty one pilots. We're gonna give you that opportunity. Tessa's gonna have a question on the flip of this break Rock and Alternative to The Rod Ryan Morning Show six to ten am, The Buzz ninety four or five The Buzz rod Ryan Show. Let's get ready to wrap this mess up here on this Tattooesday set for Know the Show twenty one pilots September fourth, Toyota Center and a meet and Greek So you get a parent tickets you and your guest, and then you and the guest are going backstage, wild, back there, wild, Okay, think about like the Ozzy Osbourne Motley Crue stories. That's what twenty one pilots does. Back there. Good luck. You may enter, but never leave, and be like Hotel California. You can check out any time you like, but you can never leave. What's your question?
Speaker 3: Who got a key to the city of Niagarapall and Rod doesn't happen? That's not Rod.
Speaker 1: I've been there a thousand times.
Speaker 3: He's been there a thousand times.
Speaker 1: The guy that got one probably been there five times seven one, three, two two.
Speaker 12: We are always just a few clicks away the Cold Doctor in your Tell your smart device to play ninety four or five The Buzz on iHeartRadio ninety.
Speaker 1: Four to five The Buzz, Good Morning, Rod Ryan's Show, Spring Day, basket Case. Get ready to move on out of here for a tattooesday. We got one last bit of business to get to.
Speaker 5: See.
Speaker 1: Nothing above a ten percent chance of rain today, sunny skies, highs of one on one, one o two. It's gonna feel like one hundred and twelve were bypassing the heat advisory going right to the heat warning. Today is now time for know this show on ninety four.
Speaker 5: Five The buzz La La la la, la la la la.
Speaker 1: Good morning rod Ryan Show. Yes, sir, hey, who's this? This is the other other white Rodney. Oh my god, there's You're the You got a funny last name? That's a weird things. But do you have a funny last name? Is it Spangler?
Speaker 6: That is me?
Speaker 1: It's Rodney Spangler. Ah, yes, sir, Like he should be driving a car to thrill Show. It's like it's the Rodney Spangler. Like Rodney Spangler, you must like shoot out of a cannon or something like Rodney Spangler. Did you see what Rodney Spangler did at the halftime at the Monster Jam?
Speaker 3: I just assume he's just like Evil Canevel at all time. Rodney Spangler, the rod Spangled Spangler.
Speaker 1: Rodney Spangler Wangman. What do you Spangler? What do you do for a living? What do you do for a living? I deliver orthopedic surgical supplies.
Speaker 3: Oudam a cannon?
Speaker 1: I did I mean? Did you even apply to be shot out of a cannon? I? Mean, hey, it could be a pretty big weekend. Bro. Rodney Spangler. Bro, that's you have an Okay, all right, Rodney Spangler. What's your question for Spangler?
Speaker 2: Hey, Spangs, tell me what or rather, who got a key to the city of Niagara Falls.
Speaker 1: Mister Jeene Simmons did he did? Yeah? Spang ten fingers crossed.
Speaker 3: Okay, Well, here I'll start a petition.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna give you a pair of tickets to see twenty one Pilots September fourth at the Toyota Center. Plus you and your guests can meet all the pilots backstage at the show.
Speaker 3: Congratulations.
Speaker 1: Hey, that's awesome, Thank you so much. But you got to wear your cape and that white just the white helmet but nothing on it. Just the white helmet and a cape. Rodney Spangler. I mean, we can make it happen. That's awesome, dude. You missed your calling. You should have been a Daredevil. We'll know what we can do, all right, Rodney, good job today. All right, there's a couple of white Rodney's listening. There's a couple of white Rodney's out there. Sammy Baker Davis Junior was on with us this morning. He's alignment, right, he said, he's still been working like crazy hours. Yeah, he's one of those dudes that goes out there and restores power. I don't know how he plays on fumes. He's been in the Hall of Fame twice. Like, guy never sleeps. He sleeped. He might sleep less than Alex which is insane. Okay, which is insane. So he won this morning. He's gonna go for one number two tomorrow. Sammy Baker Davis JUNI, you're fresh out of bed head to head every morning in home room. We played that game at around six twenty that Tuesday was your number one link. It's National Radio Day. I think I thank you guys one hundred times for listening, not only to the radio and the station and the show, but I mean you allow us to live our lives. I mean you you listening, You allow us. That's what keeps us working. So thank you very much for that. I really really appreciate it. Most of you listening in the car, in the car radio or your truck radio. National.
Speaker 3: Uh Bacon Day.
Speaker 1: Oh, it's bacon Day. That's bacon. Yeah, it is bacon day today too. All right. We talked about school supply summurb Summer Sissler. Charles from League City beat tlamkline. She's not a pisted, She's not a.
Speaker 5: Mad Was she mad?
Speaker 1: Was she mad?
Speaker 3: She's very disappointed.
Speaker 1: You're missing out all that money? Hill? Are you mad at me? Southern Person? Dayton takes on Sugarland tomorrow. Toron's wild card Wednesday. Somebody thought, because of the pressure of winning these twentieth anniversary tickets, somebody said that we should do the five game. He says, that's the most pressure cooker of a game. Yes, but I mean, do we want to do three games on a Wednesday?
Speaker 3: Yeah, thirday, third day of the week. Three games?
Speaker 1: You want to play the five? Ye?
Speaker 3: Do say that?
Speaker 1: What are they say?
Speaker 3: I don't know, they don't I was trying to count with the one off the day. For three, I'm gonna be winners, Okay, I'm.
Speaker 1: Gonna have Spangler put on his helmet and ram into you.
Speaker 2: I'd sink us heads first into you with his cape.
Speaker 1: Okay, I don't mind that. I think it's a good idea. We could play the five game at seven twenty for twentieth anniversary tickets. We'll do the Sizzler.
Speaker 3: No one gets them.
Speaker 5: Oh my god, Dad.
Speaker 1: All right, NonStop Noon with Jeremy. Pick your tickets with him. In the one o'clock hour, he's got more passes to the twentieth anniversary party. Apparently Jeremy is giving those away. How cool is that? Alternative income come in your way at Rod Ryan Show and all the Socials. Tesla's on Houston Life today at one o'clock, don't miss it. And Rodney Spangler is putting in his two weeks notice at his sales job because he's gonna become a daredevil. All right, that's it, guys, We're on a twenty hour break. We're back tomorrow morning. Three games tomorrow on the show. I don't know why we do this to ourselves, but we're going to do it, all right, amp does Well, wasn't that fun? If you missed any of the show today, All the Good Stuff will be podcast.
Speaker 8: Check it out on the world famous Ron Ryan Show page at the buzz dot com.