Speaker 1: And now it's time for Basis week Day up Day, featuring veteran news anchor kt F on tweets. Here are the important stories he's currently tracking from around the world. All right, so we're gonna get to this prison break in a second. We'll say the big story of the week. Joe Biden was announced yesterday that he has a prostate cancer. I'm saying a very aggressive form of it as well. So one of the things, one.
Speaker 2: Of the things that sucks about this is prostate cancer is very treatable and very addressable, and the fact that it's already spread to his bones. Yeah, it's such a weird deal because you would think he would have access to the best healthcare of all time.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So you're already seeing the conspiracy talk and all that kind of stuff, and it's not gonna go away. But prostate cancer is treatable. Yeah, I mean, I know lots of it. Yeah.
Speaker 1: So yeah, more that'll probably be developing and be in the news next week. So there you go. Last Friday ten, it's escaped to prison in New Orleans. Now I saw the story on Friday, but I didn't. We didn't. We shouldn't fit it into Friday show because, uh, that's very much of a developing situation. So these inmates they got out of jail and there's the security cammerage of them all running off is kind of funny, even though it's a dangerous situation. The tenders running, well, they're all kind of jumping because they have to jump. They had to jump off this dock and they're all running and it was kind of funny to watch.
Speaker 3: Wait are they shackled together?
Speaker 1: No? No, but so they also it looked it looked like, uh, I don't know, it looked like high school kids getting caught at their high school surveillance. People running away from a house. Yeah, get out of here, scatter. So as of this morning, uh, three have been found. Seven still at large. I mean they found one in the afternoon, like right in the middle of what's the big street in New Orleans right now, it's in the quarter. Yeah. But there was the funniest part of the story too, is it, even though like they're all seen as dangerous too. They were all in there for some pretty heinous crimes. They took advantage of some broken locks to get out of their cells, and they exited through a little rectangular hole that they cut behind the cells a toilet and sink fixture, and there's a photo that's out from the jail cell and it's very funny to see how they got through there. And then above it there's a big smiley face and it says too easy, Lol, above the little hole that they went out through. Wow, and two is misspelled. It's not both o's. It's just perfect. All of it's great. But they also did not let the public know until like an hour after they were out, which is you're gonna get a lot of people in trouble. They don't want to make people panic. I'm sure, right, Oh, you have to let.
Speaker 2: People know if ten people escaped, they did they even know that they had escaped for an hour? I mean it sounds like some pretty high level in competent.
Speaker 3: Probably what they're saying, right, Well, yeah, we waited a full hour for.
Speaker 1: That to happen. You immediately turned to inside job. Okay, Yeah, I think I always turned even to job a lover with one of these inmates in your.
Speaker 3: Guard in what regard like turning your back on watching them. I mean, they cut the own their own hole, right.
Speaker 1: Broken locks?
Speaker 2: Did y'all well, did y'all watch the deal that been Stiller directed with Escape from Dana Moore and not didn't it it?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 2: I thought it was pretty good and it's a true story, but it kind of lines out how she can start hooking you up with stuff to cut. You know, there's a lot of ways that if someone's in on it, they they can hook you up.
Speaker 3: And it's not very smart. No, but it's not like they're locking up a ton of smart people. And you know it's like, uh, if you're like, you're gonna get caught, Like when, like when do people not get caught? Like, it's pretty much ninety percent of the time you're gonna get caught. Clint Eastwood didn't get caught and escape from Alcacaze, right, I think you in the water. So, you know, it just doesn't to like it seems like to take the time to say it was too easy, seems like you'll regret that.
Speaker 1: That's also like the cocky nature of that it was like too easy. That makes you do think they were maybe getting some help. Yeah, So a big investigation happening here. Seven of them still out there and we'll be watching for that. So we've caught three of them, caught three of them. They cut three of them on Friday, like pretty quickly too. They are very and by the way, the officials are like, we've had enough tips. We were very confident this will be wrapped up soon. So well, I was about to ask, well, Netflix have a docu series about this before they actually catch all of them. Our good friend Jesse lives out in California East work on the Kimel Show, became obsessed with the Texas Seven, which I remember from when I was a child in like two thousand and I really think at some point in the next couple weeks we should do a deep dive on that. Because of that, they were caught at a like a store to like a like a TJ Max or something.
Speaker 2: It was very I thought that they ended up killing someone on the outside.
Speaker 1: I think they did. Yeah, we need to find out more on that, because I do remember that when I was twelve, and he got obsessed with that for some reason.
Speaker 2: It sounds like it would be a good big finish one day.
Speaker 1: Yeah, maybe, so we'll find out.
Speaker 3: You'll find out that segment was too easy. Loll all right, there it goes. The weekly Weekday update. Coming up next in the sports catchup, the Dallas Stars and Katy Perry. How they're intertwined. We'll discuss next