Speaker 1: Us right now alongside David Vassay our Dodgers World Series Championship celebration presented by Yamaba live from Dodgers Stadium. As we are minutes away from the parade at City Hall. Tim Kates inside Dodgers Stadium, David Vassay is on bus number three of a caravan of double decker buses that is getting ready to make its way to City Hall. Has already left Dodger Stadium. Dodgers Stadium is starting to fill up.
Speaker 2: DV.
Speaker 1: Where are you guys at in this caravan of buses making their way to the fans of the parade.
Speaker 3: We're about to jump on the one ten freeway here. We've stopped for a second just to get everything organized before they head to City Hall here, so all is well and everybody is very excited. Now they're screaming at each other from bus to bus, communicating with each other that way. So it's a good time. It's a good time. Everybody's having fun. And honestly, Tim, like taosca Hernandez said, I think back of how long these guys have been playing and really putting their bodies to the test since spring training. They went all the way to South Korea. I think people forget about that. You forget about the fact the Dodgers had to report earlier than any other team in Major League Baseball and played longer than any other team in baseball. The Padres were there in South Korea. They started at the same time as the Dodgers, but the Dodgers were the last team standing. That's what makes this championship run even more remarkable. They have played baseball longer than arguably any team in baseball history.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's crazy to think about the long journey of this season. And you mentioned all the guys, David, that are on these buses, and it's great to see guys who contributed in some way or a lot of way, or were starters all season long, or guys that maybe got injured. You mentioned one name particular, Gavin Stone. This Dodgers team isn't winning a World Series without Gavin Stone. David, and what he did during the regular season, taking the ball every five or six days, and then it ultimately you know, he hurts his arm late in September, isn't able to pitch in October, but he has a big part of this Dodger team.
Speaker 3: Yeah, when you think back to some of the great moments of the season. You think back to Gavin Stone's complete game shutout against the White Sox in Chicago. That was unbelievable. That was one of the best pitch games all season long. That wasn't a no hitter. You think back to that game at coors Field, right. Remember, Jason Hayward was part of this team. The Dodgers were down what nine to five in that game in June at Corsefield. In the ninth inning, they come back with a grand slam from Hayward and the guy sitting behind me, te Oscar Hernandez, one of his biggest home runs of the year, a go ahead, three run home run to give the Dodgers an eleven to nine win at Coors Field. Those are the things that people that weren't following the Dodgers or get caught up in October, forget about what the Dodgers did in the postseason. Is what they were doing all season long. And that's why, you know, people don't give this team enough credit for the character they have on this team. And look, Dave Roberts sees taking a lot of incoming. You have to give him a lot of credit for the job he did this year. I thought, honestly, the last two years of managing for Dave Roberts have been his two best years with the Dodgers, and him just having a pulse for his team, And you think, I just I feel like Dave Roberts gets way more blamed than he deserves and in some ways gets way more credit than he deserves. He's only as good as the players are when he puts them in positions to succeed, and you think back to the great GM manager combinations. We're on the one ten right now, heading heading towards City Hall, and the one ten North is stopped bumper to bumper, and the fans have just stopped on their own and are taking video of the parade buses going in the opposite direction right now on the one ten freeway.
Speaker 1: Yeah, watching you guys Dodger Stadium, and you can hear the cheers here, David. They're now showing the team on the buses making your way on the one ten two City Hall, which you guys will be at in just a couple of minutes. And then there's hundreds of thousands of Dodgers fans aligned the streets of LA for that one point two miles of this parade that will start after Mayor Bass gives a speech at Dodger Stadium. Hopefully the politicians will make a quick TV and the fans can get to see their favorite Dodger players.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no doubt. And going back to my point about the great GM manager combinations, Tim, you think back to Brian Cashman and Joe Tory, John Scherholtz and Bobby Cox. Don't you have to put Andrew Freeman and Dave Roberts in that category. I mean, they're right up there with Al Campanis and Tommy Lasorda right now.
Speaker 2: Put them in that category.
Speaker 3: All right. We're still moving towards the city Hall on the one ten South the one ten North headed to Pasadena right now. The traffic is stopped and everybody's honking their horns. I'm not sure if you could hear that. In the background, they're honking their horns and taking a cell phone video of the parade buses headed towards city Hall. I'm telling you this city is at a standstill. I know we had Blake Jolie on earlier. He's right. If you need to go to the DMB, today would be the day because nobody is working today. Everybody is in and around downtown, or they've got the TV's on wherever they're working. They got the radio on, the iHeartRadio app on in their offices right now, Tim, it's all brought to you by Yama Bah.
Speaker 1: You can hear the fans honking at you guys on the buses as you guys make your way on the one ten South. Those are all hanks of horns coming on the one ten North. And what a pleasant surprise. A lot of those people are getting right now as they're making their commute or their drive through downtown and they're seeing double decker after double decker bus make their way past them.
Speaker 3: Oh, we're going underneath and underpass. Everybody down, everybody down, everybody down. All right, we got underneath one of the overpasses here, Tim, We're all safe all as well.
Speaker 1: That was something in the King's Parade at twenty twenty twelve that the flayers had to be alert off because that low pass of the bridge there and the double decker buses get pretty close together.
Speaker 3: Hey, I just spotted the World Series Trophy. It's on the second bus with Andrew Freeman and Dave Roberts We're the bus behind the World Series Trophy with taoscar Hernandez, Jack Flaherty, Mookie Bed Show Hey Otani Yoshiamamoto. Otani, by the way, is at the back of the bus, sitting down, cool, calm, collected. I'm not sure what he's thinking right now, but I'm looking at him. He's very relaxed back there. He's just taking videotape, and you got to wonder what's going on with him as far as his emotions when it comes to just what he's seeing, because he has never experienced this ever, He's never even come close to winning the World Series, let alone being in the postseason in his first six years. And he's just sitting back, relaxing and enjoying whatever he's seeing and whatever we're seeing as far as the fans go. Can you imagine if you're driving on the one ten North right now and you look to your left and you see the Dodgers parade buses, and you look over and you see showy Otani just sitting down with his hat backwards, just relaxing. I mean, come on, only in La, Baby.
Speaker 1: Only in La and they're showing fans on top of the overpasses, climbing the chain link fence, yelling down as the Dodger.
Speaker 2: Buses as they make their way by.
Speaker 1: If you look to your left or right up the in Bakvin's, David, they're showing fans that have pulled over on the off ramps and are getting out of their cars and looking and taking videos and pictures and waving at the Dodger buses, which looks like you, guys are now making your way closely into downtown as you exit the one ten freeway there. I believe it's sixth in Wiltshire or third Street there in downtown.
Speaker 3: Ever, being here, you don't know where we are. All of that frequent riverside drive.
Speaker 2: Is this close to Don Kuco's.
Speaker 4: Anybody any chance exactly?
Speaker 3: Are you taking the after party to Don Cuco's tonight, Tim.
Speaker 1: Dave will be there in full effect. We're gonna close that place down.
Speaker 3: Oh I love it, So you better go there. You better celebrate there. Yes, I see the fans now that have gotten off the out of their cars. I see them now as we are getting on the off ramp towards City Hall. This is amazing, Tim, This is amazing, especially in the cell phone age where you know, you could just get out of your car and take a videotape. I mean, now I know how OJ felt in the White Bronco. Now I know how it feels.
Speaker 2: A little bit. You know.
Speaker 1: I got Texas said, it's sort of like you're the captain of the Jungle Cruise at at Disneyland as they make their way and describing everything that you're seeing.
Speaker 2: This is very cool, David, that's a great call.
Speaker 3: Does this feel like the Jungle Cruise tail like at Disneyland? Do I feel like the guy driving the boat? Oh you will go. You gotta go to Disneyland. Now play Disneyland passes for tail.
Speaker 2: Oh way, beat us.
Speaker 3: They're gonna have a parade for you at Disneyland too one day.
Speaker 2: Come on.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah.
Speaker 1: Looking at those championship hats, Davids, those are kind of old school eighty eight looking with the trophy in the middle and the gold looks like champions across the front or Dodgers.
Speaker 2: I can't tell what that says, but.
Speaker 3: These are a little bit cooler than the ones from eighty eight because I remember the eighty eight World Series hat. It was just the World Series logo with the baseball diamond and it's just said World Series on it. These are definitely more stylish than those in eighty eight.
Speaker 2: David, I'm looking next door at the CBS booth. Next door. Steve Sacks is on the air.
Speaker 1: He was with us earlier and of course hard of scam and to see him looking out and watching the TV coverage and certainly watching the Dodger fans here at Dodger Stadium. A member of the eighty eight team is in awe right now. What are you seeing a bit the celebration.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it would be interesting to see if he Oh my gosh, there's fans in the ivy on the off rams here in downtown LA. It's pretty cool to see all these fans that are just trying to get a glimpse of their favorite players. I'm looking back at the bus right now. I see Chris Taylor. I see Mookie Betts with his wife, his kids, his mom. I see Bobby Miller, I see Tommy Edmond. I see Otani with his wife. I see Yamamoto at the very back with Hero as an interpreter. I see who else do I see on this bus? Obviously ta Oscar Hernandez is right behind me. Andy Pajes is right behind me. Jack Flaherty and Tyler Glass now are sitting across from each other here as well, So it's a pretty cool bus. And the bus behind us has Chi k Hernandez has World Series MVP Freddie Freeman on it as we are exiting Broadway, and the overpass here is full of Dodger fans. You know, anytime I see you overpass a full of people when I'm on the freeway, I get a little nervous, but very We feel very safe here, Tim. This has been organized great by the LAPD, who we love, the CHP, who we love. They've done a great job of keeping law and order here for this parade.
Speaker 2: Law and order every time.
Speaker 1: Dodger's World Series Championship celebration is presented by Yamavah We of course you're a home of the twenty twenty four World Series champion LA Dodgers. You're listening to AM five seventy LA Sports Live everywhere on the iHeartRadio app. Tim kates inside Dodger Stadium, which is quickly filling up, watching the celebration on the Dodger vision boards, and of course after the parade, it will all come back here for an on field celebration. David Vasse, the Dodger Insider, is live on bus number three. Nobody else in southern California has that. The TV stand ups there's somewhere else, nobody else has a Dodger reporter on a team bus like a seventy LA Sports does. And Dave is on bus number three right now.
Speaker 2: As you guys get closer and closer, DV, I see it.
Speaker 1: You're along the one O one it looks like, or the one ten, maybe getting closer to city Hall.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we are, We're getting closer. You got a lot of streets blocked off. Do I see city Hall in the distance. I do not see city Hall in the distance from where we're at right now. But what I do see is guys starting to get up and certainly move around and starting to feel that celebration vibe. Tim, that's when you know. That's when you know things are getting real. Because guys were sitting down on the bus, they feel a little bit more comfortable and ready to stand up and feel it. Right now, I see the bus behind me has Gavin Stone, Anthony Banda, Keiky Hernandez, Freddie Freeman. Some guys have lit up some cigars, here the bus, so everybody's feeling it here, Tim, We're about to make a rite on Spring Street. So City Hall is just around the corner. And can't wait to see the crowd of fans that are there. I see a lot of government workers that have come out in their suit and ties, and there it is, there is City Hall. Wow, this is amazing really to have this vantage point, Tim, as the world champion Los Angeles Dodgers are headed there right now to be celebrated. They're starting to feel it as well. Everybody's on their feet on the buses now to really enjoy all this.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you guys are making a right on the Spring Street. You're gonna see City Hall there and in a minute, David, and after that, I'm looking at a wide shot, Curzy are friends at Sports and at LA an aerial shot of the area, and you guys are going to get into a sea of Dodger fans. And for those listening, have a great time. Be safe out there. The buses will be towards you shortly as there will be a few minutes of Mayor Bass congratulating the Dodgers championship run. And then of course we'll have the parade right here on FI seventy LA Sports David Veasse on bus number three. David, I'm watching the players. You're right, they're starting to stand up. They're starting to get moving around because they know this place is gonna be going crazy here in just a few minutes. I see tay Oscar's up. He's excited as well.
Speaker 3: Dave. Yeah, tails up, he's ready. He's feeling it now. He woke up. Now he's feeling good now. As we get closer to Temple Street here, Teoscar Hernandez and David Bassey live from the parade route on the bus. This is the championship bus here. This is a great bus with a lot of great people. I think that's what everybody loves about this team. Tim. Not only are they great players, but certainly great people. And like I said, I'll say it again, Miguel Rojas said it perfectly when he talked about this is not just a team with talent, it's a team with character and they certainly have showed that. As we are getting closer to City Hall.
Speaker 1: The buses are moving closer to the start of the parade, and then they'll head for one point two miles on the parade route starting at Grand Park in front of City Hall on Spring Street. They will continue down First Street March four blocks to South Grand Avenue.
Speaker 2: From there, the parade heads the.
Speaker 1: Fifth and Flower by the LA Central Library, and Dave, I can see it right now, the fans eight nine, ten people deep. As you guys start to make your way into that sea of people.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, we got the fire truck here on our right. As we get closer to Temple Street, everybody a sea of blue for these Dodgers. I'm not sure any of these guys realize how great they are, how much these fans love them, how much this city bleeds Dodger blue. We are now at the intersection of Sprinting and Temple As. The fans are going wild here for their love of the Dodgers and the love of their World Series Championship teams. They have been waiting for so many years to be able to celebrate their team, and they are finally getting it. This is awesome.
Speaker 1: David Vesse live on bus number three en.
Speaker 2: Route to City Hall.
Speaker 3: You still got me, Tim, We got.
Speaker 5: You, Dave.
Speaker 1: It is a sea of Dodger fans around City Hall. As you guys approach a scene like no other.
Speaker 3: Sweeter. Yeah it is. We're now a few hundred feet away from City Hall as the Dodger Oh man, I see the park. It is full, Tim, Wow, I told you have never seen these many fans for a championship p.
Speaker 6: Eight.
Speaker 3: I mean this levels and tops with the two thousand Lakers enjoyed after their first championship since nineteen eighty eight. This is, this is overwhelming. I see signs out there. These fans are just looking for any sort of attachment to say they were here to celebrate this Dodger team.
Speaker 1: I'm watching Clayton Kershaw look out over the sea of people from the bus that he is on, just looking over at the sea of Dodger fans, and the face that he has right now is a face of amazement, a face of a man who has put his soul into this franchise for seventeen years, won a championship, wanted a parade, and now just looking out about he is amazed. You can see it in his face, in his eyes, how amazed he is of the crowd right now there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, great point, Tim. He's the guy that has strived his entire career to win the World Series, and when he did he did not get a parade, but here he is finally experiencing what a championship parade for a world championship Dodger team is like. He cannot be forgotten in all of this. Kei k a Hernandez is at the front here. Man, this is amazing. This really is a amazing And I can't see Kershaw from my vantage point, but such a great point to be made. Tim how he never got to experience this. He came back one more year to have an opportunity at this, and now he's experiencing it. Even though he wasn't able to pitch the last two months of the season, he did pitch and he was part of this team. And here he is on a championship parade. Flow very happy for him.
Speaker 1: Dave, Your covers will continue from the bus once Mayor bass is done speaking.
Speaker 2: We gotta take a quick time out. We'll come back.
Speaker 1: Tab will be on bus number three when the parade officially starts where he's in the middle of it right now. We'll take a quick break here on exclusive parade covers presented by Yah Bah Bah and we'll come back. We'll hear for the Mayor and David Vassay as the parade will get under way right here on an FI seventy LA Sports years before another Dodgs Tim Kates David Vassay live here on M five seventy lap Orts. It's the Dodgers World Series Championship Celebration presented by Yaba Bah exclusively. You're on Anti seventy LA Sports and live everywhere on the iHeartRadio apps.
Speaker 2: The bread is underway. Thanks for listening.
Speaker 1: David vass on Bus number three seven different buses making their way down First Street as they started on Spring in front of City Hall. Com Mayor Karen Bass got it all started with the Let's Go Dodgers chant. The confetti streams were then streamed out all cross First Street and here we are now the Dodgers players on double decker buses, seven of them I count as they make their way up First Street, just passing Olive Avenue. Are Olive Street as we make our way towards Grant in which the caravan of double decker bustles will then head off to make its way too, of course Dodger Stadium. Let's go out to David Vassa, Who's day Live with the Oscar Hernandez.
Speaker 2: Let's go to David Love the last.
Speaker 4: Champion, Taoscar Hernandez.
Speaker 3: Sorry, all right, I'm.
Speaker 7: Here at Taoscar Hernandez around the paragram, Tara, did you realize how much this.
Speaker 3: City loves you?
Speaker 6: This is Crasey man. I love this. This is a dream for me, and I love it.
Speaker 2: I love it.
Speaker 4: I honestly love the sooth.
Speaker 6: And thank you for all the support, always been there and for welcoming into the Little Sandals. It made me feel part of this family.
Speaker 7: What does it mean to you to have them chant your name on a championship parade?
Speaker 6: It means the war. This is everything for me. This is why I play, and this is the last thing that I wanted in my career. And here we are celebrating with the fast and this is law right here.
Speaker 7: You believed in yourself when you sign with the Dodgers. Do you feel like the game rewarded you?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 4: I think I got a little more than I was expected.
Speaker 6: But it's been a year and I'm hoping to be part of this.
Speaker 3: Hopefully we can run it back next year.
Speaker 4: Yeah, hopefully enjoy the parade. We love you, Thank you, we too.
Speaker 1: All right, there is Tay Oscar Hernandez with David Vassi on bus number three as the Dodger caravan continues here to Dodger Stadium. As it makes its way through the streets of downtown LA. Are coverage presented by Budweiser. This buds for you Bank of America, the official bank of the LA Dodgers. The Dodger double decker buses making their way up First Street and now they are making the turn, the left handed turn on too Grand Avenue. So we're about a third of the way through this parade through the streets of downtown LA and the crowd is enormous. It is absolutely amazing to see the love and support from Dodger fans for this team. A parade that we waited for for years, thirty six years since the nineteen eighty eight parade, and here they are in twenty twenty four, able to celebrate a World Series championship. More confetti being sprayed as the Dodgers make their way through downtown Los Angeles. Just when you think they make the turn on the ground, we got Dodger fans hanging from the street lights on Grand Avenue. We got Dodger fans waving flags, hanging from the street lights at First and Grand as it makes its turn down to Grand Avenue. The seventh World Series title in the city of Los Angeles, the eighth in franchise history. As the celebration continues here on a five to seventy LA Sports, the turn being made, they just see of Dodger fans making their way along the parade route, many camped out since five four o'clock this morning. We heard from Blake Trolley earlier, Corbyn Parson from KFI News along the parade route telling us about the fans, talking to the fans who have been waiting for this moment, and it's certainly fitting that today be in November first, Fernando Valenzwala's birthday, the Dodgers are able to celebrate a World Series championship, and doing so in grand style here on five seventy LA Sports Again, Tim Kates live inside Dodger Stadium where it is starting to get near capacity. Dignitaries, family members hanging out on the field where the celebration will continue on the field with a ceremony just past second base in shallow center field, a circular stage is set up. They are starting to get seated in their positions with chairs surrounding the stage, and certainly Dodger fans here watching the celebration on the Dodger vision boards as the parade makes its way through downtown LA in a sea of humanitys ten fifteen in some spots on Grand Avenue, twenty people deep, and the blue and white confetti streaming right now across Grand Avenue as the fans wave hopefully for a collampse just for a second of eye to eye contact, waiting for just somebody to wave back to them aboard those double decker buses, as the Dodger fans, a lot of them in awe right now, pointing celebrating this championship team and what they were able to accomplish, and it's.
Speaker 2: Gotta be well worth it.
Speaker 1: The grind from Soeul, South Korea in March, to the ups and downs of one hundred and sixty two game season, to the playoffs being down two games to one of the Padres, the NLCS being the Mets in six games, and then going to New York and winning a championship on the field the Yankee Stadium. The exhaustion that you saw from a lot of these players this morning was that of a sigh of this is it the culmination of a long season? Finally, But as soon as they made that turning, you heard it right here with David Vasse. As soon as they made that turn on to Spring Street and they saw for the first time the wall and sea of fans standing by with TV. All right, it was amazing to see that. Let's go back out to David Vassy standing by, standing by with Jack Flernity, the bride of the eight to one age, David Vassy standing by with the Game five starter, big part of this Dodger team. In September and October, Jack Flerity back home. You've heard about him, being from the valley from Burbank, winning a championship, a CIF title, now a World.
Speaker 3: Series title, celebrating all of you.
Speaker 4: This is on believable life. Seeing Freddy Pickers everywhere, Freddy the fricke man. I love that dude. I would give him. How give a kiss right now? Like Hayes, the city showing out. It's unbelievable.
Speaker 7: Did you realize how much you guys meant to this city?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 2: I did not, not until right now.
Speaker 7: People fucking lighting up on the freaking buildings and everything It's unbelievable. Rep the cause, it's oh my god. Well you've seen Linker parades. This has doubled that size.
Speaker 4: This is unbelievable. I love this city.
Speaker 3: I never want to leave. Let's run it back.
Speaker 4: I never want to leave Jack clarity.
Speaker 7: Hometown, Ken making hometown dreams come true.
Speaker 4: Celebrate the believe.
Speaker 1: Thank you to you Jack Clarity there with David Vassay from the eight one eights, and to hear him in his excitement and to hear him talk about what this means to him, and to see his face right now and to hear it in his voice what this means to him, having a championship in his hometown. He may have talked about it, he may have thought about it, he may have dreamt about it, but this has got to be above any of those expectations, as far as winning a World Series championship and doing so as a member of the Los Angeles Dodgers. Tim Kates, David Vasse, we are live here on m five seventy LA Sports.
Speaker 2: The parade continues.
Speaker 1: The celebratory parade will end at Fifth and Flower, and then we'll come to Dodger Stadium for an on field celebration with a sold out Dodger Stadium that is starting to fill up.
Speaker 2: The excitement is off the charts.
Speaker 1: The buzz in this city continues even after the clinching of the championship on Wednesday night in Yankee Stadium in the Bronx.
Speaker 2: We'll come back.
Speaker 1: We'll hear from more Dodger players, David Vase, Kirsten Watson on the buses, all on the parade route. We'll get to them when we come back. The parade continues. The celebration continues right here on an FI seventy LA Sports Live everywhere on the iHeartRadio app here right here.
Speaker 8: This is amazing.
Speaker 1: World Series Championship celebration here on a five seventy LA Sports continues presented by Yamava as we are live at Dodgers Stadium, and the celebration will continue here as the parade continues along the streets of Los Angeles. Our coverage also presented by Budweiser at this bunch for you Bank of America, the official bank of the LA Dodgers, and your cult, the probiotic drink of the Dodgers. All right, let's head back out to the parade. David Vase Kirson Watson are on the team buses giving you exclusive coverage with the players. Shirts are coming off, beers are flowing. Let's head back out. Kirson Watson standing by with Gavin Lutz.
Speaker 7: Angeles to this Dodgers organization.
Speaker 5: Kevin to be up here, that's a rat. But at the media, Oh.
Speaker 4: This is awesome.
Speaker 9: Uh, this is these are the best fans.
Speaker 4: In baseball right here.
Speaker 9: I think they said two million people are coming out and this is unbelievable right here on Yeah, just seeing how.
Speaker 10: Many people love us and we love them.
Speaker 4: This is this is these best fans in baseball.
Speaker 5: Is everything you imagine it, Mar, this is more.
Speaker 4: This is better than I thought it was going to be.
Speaker 10: Right here.
Speaker 4: This is amazing.
Speaker 5: Can you believe that you're a World Series Sambi.
Speaker 9: No, that's what you drew about your whole life if you play baseball, and this is special.
Speaker 5: Right here, enjoint Gavin.
Speaker 2: All right, there's Gavin Lux with Kirston Watson. Thank you.
Speaker 1: Kirsten. Kirson is on one of the buses. David Bassey is on one of the buses as the buses now make a right handed turn. They started at City Hall on Spring Street. They made a right on to First, They've made a left onto Grand, and now they have concluded that four blocks along Grand and a absolute sea of Dodger fans that are making the turn with them, a right handed turn going from Grand Avenue to Fifth Street, and then the parade will come to a conclusion at Fifth and Flower in front of La Central Library. Unbelievable, the see of humanity that is out there right now, the Dodger fans representing Gavin Lucks.
Speaker 2: Two million people. Yeah, I wouldn't doubt it.
Speaker 1: I would not doubt the fact that they have two million people out for this parade here in downtown Los Angeles as we celebrate this twenty twenty four Dodgers World Series title that will come back here for an on field celebration that will get underway maybe in about a half an hour or so, but the players are gonna have to disembark and come down to Dodger Stadium for the ceremony, which again is gonna be a capacity crowd here and is already close to that as Dodger fans enjoyed the parade.
Speaker 2: On the Dodger vision Board, it looks.
Speaker 1: Like Kirsten Watson getting ready to stand by with Clayton Kershaw.
Speaker 2: When he does, we will go to that. So let's go.
Speaker 1: Kirsten Watson, I see her ready to go. Let's send it out to her in the bus. Clayton Kershaw standing by with Kirsten.
Speaker 5: You're partly getting a sprain. How incredible it is.
Speaker 10: It's the best thing under the partners. I've never seen so many people in my.
Speaker 4: Life, and they're all Dodger.
Speaker 10: Fans and they all love it as much as we do here.
Speaker 5: It's unbelievable. When you think about Los Angeles Baseball, I think everything is in David Last right here, Dodgers Facebook.
Speaker 10: I don't even know what you're asked, but I'm so excited.
Speaker 5: Right now when you see all these fans here, get pity me. I've lost Angeles Dodgers Facebook time.
Speaker 3: That's incredible.
Speaker 10: I've never never did you experience anything like this and it makes everything worth this may matter of it.
Speaker 5: You're a two times world champion? What did that mean?
Speaker 4: You're two time?
Speaker 5: Thank you?
Speaker 10: Thank you?
Speaker 1: All right, there's Karson Watson with Clayton Kershaw. It is deafening out there on the on the parade route right now along Grand Avenue as they make their way towards the end of this parade that started about twenty minutes to go in front of City Hall and is now zigzag through downtown LA.
Speaker 2: It is an absolute sea of.
Speaker 1: Dodger fans along the parade route all the way along when it started and now to when it's going to come to a conclusion. Of course, we have it for you right here on AFI seven e LA Sports. You're a home of the Dodgers. You're a home of the world the World Series champion Los Angeles Dodgers, and our coverage of this championship celebration is presented by Yamava the Again, the parade will come to a conclusion and then the Dodger buses will make their way back to Dodger Stadium for the on field celebration. Here at the ravine, and you've seen members of ownership, the media is starting to make their way down to behind second base. There is a circular blue stage there for the Dodger players and coaches to all speak at. We got some led screen setup. We certainly got a blue carpet that has been put out from center field all the way to around second base for the start of this on field celebration when they finally do get back here to Dodger Stadium. It is truly a scene here at Dodger Stadium and on this parade route with it has got to be it's got to be close to two million people watching this parade along the streets of Los Angeles, which again started in front of City Hall, went to First Street, Grand Avenue, and now they are making their way on Fifth Street in down town Los Angeles. It looks like Tyler Glass now could be joining David Vasse here in just a minute. And as soon as we get that, we will go out to DV with Tyler Glass. Now, of course, the pride of Heart High School and coming over into the Dodgers in the off season in a trade signs and contract extension has meant so much to this, to this Dodger team. Let's go out to David Vasse and Tyler Glass.
Speaker 7: Now, Tyler, you grew up a Dodger finn, You're part of a World Series champion. Now, first team to experience this since nineteen eighty eight.
Speaker 4: This is I had no idea it was gonna be like this. I didn't even know this many people existent. This is unbelievable.
Speaker 3: Like it seems like the entire city of La came out today.
Speaker 4: It's phenomenal.
Speaker 3: A lot of you guys are so locked in.
Speaker 7: Did you realize how much the city and how much you mean to the city.
Speaker 3: It's incredible.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Like, I think the support for every single player on this team is unbelievable. It's transcends baseball. It's bigger than baseball.
Speaker 2: Just to be a part of it, all right, thank you, David.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it is a sea of humanity as the Dodger fans are celebrating, and there's Tyler Glass now even more than he expected.
Speaker 2: Whoa.
Speaker 1: The shirts are coming off for the Dodger players as they are enjoying themselves in Dodger World Series gear.
Speaker 2: Shirts which have.
Speaker 1: Come off, hats which have been turned backwards, the Budweisers.
Speaker 2: This Bud's for you.
Speaker 1: They are flowing on those caravan of buses making their way along Fifth Avenue here in downtown Los Angeles. Fifth and Flower is where this parade will come to it in and again. It is a tremendous day here in southern California, the celebration for Dodger fans and Dodger players finally being able to come together and not be able to celebrate in twenty twenty, but to do so here in twenty twenty four. You heard the build up, You heard the talk from the players. Dave Roberts talked about it almost every day at the podium pre and postgame when talking to the media about the importance of winning a World Series. So they can share with you the Dodger fans here in southern California. It is an unbelievable scene here in downtown LA for Dodger fans, Dodger players, coaches to celebrate together. The players on double decker buses in downtown Los Angeles waving. Walker Bueller is hanging over his bus waving.
Speaker 2: At Dodger fans.
Speaker 1: I see Andy Pajez, Keik Hernandez both shirtless, Anthony Bonda shirtless. Dodger players enjoining themselves waving to Dodger fans up and down this parade route which started at City Hall and now is winding down at Fifth and Flower. Our own David Vase on the bus, Kirston Watson on the bus. See Tony Gonsolin sitting on the back of one of the buses along with Alex Vesia, who's holding up a Dodgers championship bells. How about the Dodgers' bullpen, this group that came together as one, the dogs as they called themselves, wearing the mask for mister Cartoon, being the group together that's selfless and said, we don't care what our role is. We're an opener or the closer or the mid relief guy, where the bulkanny guy doesn't matter. We are one together as a bullpen. Taoscar Hernandez standing on the bus. We just heard from him and David vassa Dave's on bus number three, Walker Bueller. There's Tommy Edmund holding his young child, waving at Dodger fans along Fifth Street.
Speaker 2: Let's head back out now to David Vass.
Speaker 1: Looks like he's about to stand by, hopefully with Tommy edmundus. It is a chaotic scene out there, but in a good way. As the celebration continues with the Dodger players.
Speaker 4: Asking for live.
Speaker 2: Let's go back out to David Vasse.
Speaker 1: If we get oh, it's like Dave's not ready, but we will check in with David Vass standing by with Tommy Edmond again. Is that the breat hat slowed down a little bit here as they're trying to navigate their way out of this parade route. Hey, get back to Dodgers Stadium. Let's go back out, David Batsay, Tommy edmittt go ahead, David.
Speaker 7: These pictures inside the Dodgers club House. Well, we just heard from the World Series mvpay. How about the National League Championship Series MVP?
Speaker 2: Dad, Tommy edmon Is with David Vesse, take it away, dB.
Speaker 7: I'm here at NLCS MVP and his teammates keep calling him b MVP.
Speaker 5: You get you on.
Speaker 3: Eli's here too, broadcaster.
Speaker 4: Do you have any questions for your dad?
Speaker 2: Eli? What do you got?
Speaker 4: Addy?
Speaker 2: Are you gonna say? How much fun you having today? We're having a blast. Thanks for asking, Eli. I appreciate it.
Speaker 7: Tommy, Is this succeeded your expectations?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 3: This is amazing.
Speaker 8: I mean this, this has gotta be way more than two million people. That's what they said at the beginning. But it feels like the whole city of la is out here to support us today.
Speaker 2: It's been amazing.
Speaker 7: Did you realize how much this city loves this team?
Speaker 8: You know, I had a good idea, but I feel like I didn't fully comprehend it until until today, you know, just seeing everybody out here, it's been amazing, really really special feeling.
Speaker 7: How much do you love being on this team with these group of guys.
Speaker 8: Yeah, there's nothing better, nothing better in the world. This is these group of guys, best best, the best team.
Speaker 4: I've been a part of.
Speaker 8: You know, welcome me with open arms right away when I got here, just like Eli's welcoming to this microphone right now. But yeah, Betty yah, it's it's been amazing. I've loved every moment of it.
Speaker 7: Congratulations Tommy, you deserve all of this. You've been such a big part of this team ever since you joined it. And man, you are a world champion, World champs.
Speaker 2: Baby, thank you. I appreciate it.
Speaker 3: You and Eli.
Speaker 8: Let's go you all right, your fancy line.
Speaker 4: Thanks Tommy, thank you.
Speaker 1: All right, there's David Vassa and Tommy Edmund. Nowhere else are you getting this, folks? David Vassay on bus number three talking to taoscar Hernandez, Tommy Edmund. We heard from Clayton Kershaw, We heard from Jack Flaherty, Tyler Klass. Now every Dodger soaking it in right now, as are the fans. Two million fans expected in the streets of LA and at Dodger Stadium for the first World Series celebration in Dodger history since.
Speaker 2: Nineteen eighty eight.
Speaker 1: Let's head back out to the parade route. Looks like Kirston Watson. Yep, she's ready to go, standing by with the MVP of the World Series, Freddie Freeman.
Speaker 2: Here's to take it away, Freddy?
Speaker 5: How amazing is just right? All these fans for you guys?
Speaker 2: Yeah, this is incredible. LA really showed out today.
Speaker 5: Can you believe just not about thirty six hours ago you became a two time world terrace champion. Now you're celebrating this moment.
Speaker 2: I know it's hard to believe.
Speaker 8: Really, I'll be sunk in yet, but I think this is made up for twenty twenty two. These fans are going crazy and this is fun to be a part of.
Speaker 5: When you think about celebrating something with all these guys, what does it mean to you?
Speaker 2: And how special is this scrump? Yeah, it means a lot.
Speaker 10: This is all for the fans.
Speaker 8: Though, because you know, on those Tuesdays in June there's still fifty three thousand people at Dodger Stadium, and that's what it's all about and they came out and support us and these great book guys.
Speaker 4: This is this is this is special.
Speaker 5: This is a long year for so many reasons. To be here and celebrate with your family these guys.
Speaker 2: Can you believe it?
Speaker 8: It's hard to even putting the words. Max is over here having blast, Charlie's throwing things right here. It's been a long year. But everybody's healthy on our bus and this makes everything so much better.
Speaker 5: Enjoy all of these moments. I know Southern California can't get into us in LA.
Speaker 2: It's got to be special.
Speaker 10: I know.
Speaker 8: This is amazing to meeting from Telling California.
Speaker 10: I'm seeing a brain like this.
Speaker 2: This is even better congratulation.
Speaker 5: It's fready.
Speaker 2: Thank you your job all right, they're scarce than Thank you very much.
Speaker 1: Freddie Freeman on one of the buses there on the parade route, which has now come to a stop as they try to clear a path for the Dodger caravan of double decker buses to get through. They have started and ended their parade now in Fifth and Flower, and the Dodgers players are on the buses. We just heard from Freddie Freeman as they await in escort to get.
Speaker 2: Through the sea of Dodger fans.
Speaker 1: Walker Bueller's David Vatas told us and broke the news earlier that he is wearing Oral Hersheiser's nineteen eighty eight World Series gray jersey. As he makes his way through the parade road, he was doing beer bongs. The players are celebrated, and rightfully so. It's a day of celebration here in southern California. And for somebody who was born and raised here in LA, who grew up a Dodger fan, who grew up watching the Laker parades in the eighties, who then was a part of covering the Laker parades in the early in mid ten two thousands, to see the crowds they had there, tremendous, unbelievable. I remember two thousand and that pre LA Live parking lot that they had built across from Staples Center still in the works, and the just see a people that were there watching Shaquille O'Neil and Kobe Bryant celebrate the first NBA championship since nineteen eighty eight. It was twelve years since then, and then they win a championship and now here in twenty twenty four to see the magnitude of this Dodger celebration. It is more than I ever thought, more than I ever remember for the Lakers Championships twenty twenty four. It's a whole new level for this Dodger franchise and for Dodger fans to be able to finally celebrate together a World Series title. It's our World Series Celebration coverage here presented by Yamava on your home of the Dodgers, am FI seventy LA Sports as we are also on the iHeartRadio app. We'll take a quick time out, we'll come back and we'll get ready for the on field celebration. As the Dodger caravan of buses now makes its way back to Dodger Stadium, they have to get off the buses and then they'll make their way in to Dodger Stadium on a blue carpet that has been rolled out for royalty here at Dodger Stadium. Him as the champions are coming home to Dodger Stadium to celebrate with you. The on field celebration and so much more is coming up right here on am FI seventy LA Sports Live everywhere on the iHeartRadio app.