Speaker 1: You'll be away five seventeen.
Speaker 2: Do you want to report a UFO hanging in?
Speaker 1: We don't want.
Speaker 3: To report every thirty one.
Speaker 2: Do you wish to report a.
Speaker 4: UFO over hey, we want to one of those.
Speaker 3: Areas thirty one.
Speaker 4: Do you wish to find a report of any kind of it?
Speaker 3: I wouldn't know what kind of reports clouds, time areas thirty one me neither there.
Speaker 4: See if it was anybody as h above us to pass us, like thirty seconds ago, we were sending one of golf neaative, okay off fi UFO, Yeah it's murder ten nine o'clock.
Speaker 1: Yes, I'll passed over.
Speaker 3: I got.
Speaker 4: I don't know what it was, but it's from at least to three thousand feet above us.
Speaker 1: See, I passed right over the top of us.
Speaker 3: Ninety one one. You just called both to be be four. They're after staying the airplanes.
Speaker 5: He is.
Speaker 1: To god more on an unidentified object every liberty or call or calm on an unidentified flying object.
Speaker 5: A Welcome to UFO Chronicles a place where people share their experiences of the strange and unexplained. If you've had an encounter, I would like to be on the show. You can email me at UFO Chronicles at gmail dot com. Hello everyone, and welcome to the show. How are you all doing. I'm Nick Hunter and this is the UFO Chronicles podcast. Tonight's guest comes to us from New York State. Sido will be sharing experiences that blurred are lines between the paranormal and the occult. From an encounter in a clearing in the woods where a man appeared to have vanished, to a night frozen in fear beneath a shifting black mass that hovered over her bed, Shiloh's story is layered with moments that devine explanation. Growing up within Pagan and Wiccan traditions, Shidow recalls rituals where something seemed to answer, leaving her with haunting questions about what was truly summoned. This is a journey through shadows, belief, and the mysteries that linger. Just add a sight. Shiloh is up next.
Speaker 6: But first, if you enjoy the show and you'd like to help support the podcast on Patreon, you can do this for as little as one dollar a month. Head on over to patreon dot com forward slash UFO Chronicles Podcast. You can also find a link in the description of this episode. Any help is very much appreciated. Now on with the show. Hello, Shiloh, welcome to the podcast.
Speaker 3: Hello, thank you for having me on.
Speaker 5: You are more than welcome. It is great to have you with us. And you're calling from New York state. Yep, wonderful. Okay, Now, Shiloh, you have several experiences you're going to be sharing with us. Would you light start at the beginning, please.
Speaker 2: Ma'am for sure, So I will kind of go through my timeline that is somewhat chronological. So I've noticed that weird stuff kind of always follows me. It's kind of been stacking since I was young. So when we start, I'm going to start when I was fifteen at a strange pagan ritual. When I was young, I was raised pagan. However, the churches that we went two were not like recognized pagan churches. They were just kind of groups and meetups, so we practiced pretty regularly.
Speaker 3: This was not like a super weird thing.
Speaker 2: However, one day, when I was older, around fifteen, one of the rituals we were doing was a little bit different. The intention was to bring forth some sort of spirit of abundance. But I think we brought forth something a little bit different the ritual. We just burned a few things on the altar like we normally would, but the one difference is that we burned our own hair as part of this. When we left that situation the ritual, we came home and I felt a very heavy vibe.
Speaker 3: It was really dark and just kind of like all over me.
Speaker 2: Then would I was sleeping in my basement at the time, because we live in upstate New York, so the temperature is really difficult to maintain.
Speaker 3: How are my basement was nice and.
Speaker 2: Cool, and it was attached to part of the deeper basement which had a roots set in it, which I thought was a very I thought was a really sketchy area because it was really dark and deep in the back of our basement. So in the bedroom that I had that was like off of this basement. After this ritual, I was laying in bed and I noticed my closet door open that was connected to the deep part of the basement, and this black silk figure that was like draped in fabric came out from it and over my bed and sat above me for what felt like an hour. Looking back, I'm pretty sure that I was experiencing sleep paralysis. But it was easily the scariest situation that I had ever been in. This floating face that was just silky and almost liquity stared at me for what felt like an hour. So I never went back to those kinds of rituals afterwards, because I felt like there was some kind of thing that happened that shouldn't have happened. So, continuing on the same house story, I call it the Man in the Forest. There was a forest clearing that I would often go to deep in the woods. We lived on a farmhouse, so there was many many acres like behind our house. I actually have a picture of the aerial view of this house to just show you the depth behind There's this big tree line probably one mile behind the house that you could enter and if you walked two or three miles into it, and then two or three miles into it, you would get to a slight clearing. And that's the clearing that I liked to hang out on all the time. But I was specifically not allowed to be in this clearing or in the woods at all because it was hunting season.
Speaker 3: And it was deep in the woods.
Speaker 2: So I liked it to be a little bit defiant, and I would often have lunch back there. So one day, it was probably fifteen maybe sixteen at the time, about six months before I left this house, so I snuck back with my orange vest to be safe. I was in the clearing and I heard a voice behind me. And I had heard voices in this part of the woods many times. I'd heard footsteps and just kind of strange occurrences, but this time was a little bit different.
Speaker 3: I didn't hear any animal sounds.
Speaker 2: It became kind of unnaturally quiet right after I heard this man's voice, and I hear him say what are you doing? And I turn around and it's a man just standing there. He looks quite young and confused. But he's also wearing clothing that is inappropriate for the area. He's wearing no neons, and he's also wearing summer attire in dark colors. And anyone who's been in Upstate, especially in the forest area during hunting season, knows that that is.
Speaker 3: A terrible idea.
Speaker 2: But also it's very cold, so for him to be dressed in summer clothes is very strange. I ask him, who are you, And before he could respond, he just looks equally confused at me, and then steps to the side behind a birch tree, but disappears as he's stepping into it, so there would be no space for him to disappear. I immediately run towards him to see what that was like. Maybe he's standing sideways or something, but there's no place for him to be.
Speaker 3: He has absolutely disappeared.
Speaker 2: Gone fast forwarding a little bit, so, I think I've mentioned it a little bit previously, But I did ghost hunting pretty regularly. Many strange experiences in that, But the one that's really notable was when I was seventeen, I went to Rolling Hills Asylum in East Bethany, New York on a private tour with ghost Hunters International and the Psychic Chip Coffee.
Speaker 3: We did this whole tour.
Speaker 2: It was very interesting, couple of strange things, but the most weird thing was when we went to the Child's Spirit room, and it was called the Christmas Tree Room because there was a Christmas tree in it and supposedly had a couple child spirits in it that liked to play with balls, and one of them was the spirit named Annalise, who everyone thought embodied this doll that was in the room. So I was left in this room in the Christmas tree room to interact with Annalise for.
Speaker 3: A little while.
Speaker 2: I played with a ball with her and I could consistently get her to move the ball or kind of respond to questions with my ghostbox that had like lights on it. There was a man in that room with me who was wearing coveralls, and he didn't say anything, never really interacted with me. Was just there on the tour also, I assumed. So when I left, I was gifted the doll. It was signed by the entire crew members, and I took it home. But at the time, I asked, Hey, what about that guy that was in the room with me, And I felt bad that I was the one that got the doll and not him, because everyone got some kind of trinket from this location. And they looked at me kind of confused and said, well, there was no man in that room. I immediately was confused by that, because there definitely was a man in that room when I was ghost hunting. But looking back, he was dressed strangely. So it was the deep winter and there's no heating in this entire asylum, but he was wearing just coveralls, no.
Speaker 3: Hat, no gloves, which was very strange at the time. Also.
Speaker 2: So those are my three main stories about my experiences, but I will add one small strange happening as well.
Speaker 3: So in the house that I.
Speaker 2: Currently live in, when we were going through the buying process of it, we first saw the house, we loved it, We saw the entire house, we did the whole house tour.
Speaker 3: We noticed one attic was decent.
Speaker 2: However, it was a little bit grungy, not overly accessible, kind of inconvenient. Fast forward, we're going through the buying process. We keep having these very strange interactions with the seller. They're asking us really weird and specific things about our past and what we're bringing and what we want from the house.
Speaker 3: Anyway, fast forward a little bit.
Speaker 2: We're in the closing process of the house and we find out that there's a second attic, which we find very strange because there was no place for the attic to be when we did the first walk through.
Speaker 3: We think that's kind of an aside.
Speaker 2: So we close on the house, and the day after we close on the house, we find out that the person that we bought it from, Unfortunately, I don't know how to say this in the most a respectful way, but he unfortunately killed himself in the house, and that was disclosed to us during slightly after the closing process, and we found out after we moved in from the neighbor that that incident apparently happened in the second attic that we didn't know about, and he had been involved in some very strange occult stuff previously. So because we live in New York, that was a forced disclosure to us when we bought the house. However, the timeframe in which we bought it, we only found out because of our neighbor, so no one told us about that previous to buying the house. So when we finally do move in and all of the movies were here, with all of our boxes and stuff, we do discover the second attic, which is a very strange location through like a bathroom up a weird staircase.
Speaker 3: So since then, I've had it cleansed and spiritually cleaned, I would say, but I don't know. I feel like I had to add that one in.
Speaker 2: My husband felt very passionately about adding that strange addition to my stories.
Speaker 5: Whoa interesting He was sharing that when you sold a house in the States, did they not have to disclose the fact that the previous owner would have passed away.
Speaker 2: So that's a state by state issue, but in New York State, they absolutely do not have to disclose that unless it was a part of a violent crime, which this was not. And we also closed like the day before he died.
Speaker 5: I see, and I know you said you had it cleansed, but how does the house feel?
Speaker 3: So there's a reason I had it cleansed.
Speaker 2: It felt very heavy and very weird for the first couple of weeks we moved into it.
Speaker 3: And that's part of how we found out to begin with.
Speaker 2: As we mentioned to our neighbor that you're having some strange happenings.
Speaker 3: I kept seeing.
Speaker 2: I mean obviously didn't tell him this specifically because I didn't want him to think I was crazy. I just told him the house felt weird, and he immediately disclosed the story. But I was seeing lots of shadow figures and hearing lots of strange voices in this house. It was very reminiscent of my childhood home. So I was very quick to find any priests that would come in and cleanse this house. I mean, I don't believe in anymore but I even burn stage in that place just to try to get anything a little bit better.
Speaker 3: It was really really.
Speaker 5: Dark, and that those feelings have all moved on. Now how long have you been in the house.
Speaker 2: About three years now, and I can't fully say they've moved on, But there is some sections of the house that feel more positive than others. But there's definitely been like a consistent weight that's carried with the house. And maybe that's just the circumstances of some things in my life as well, but no, it's definitely obvious that there are some places in the house that feel, for lack of a better word, just dark.
Speaker 5: So it could be maybe just share in the house.
Speaker 2: Maybe my neighbor was kind of convinced that the reason that the previous owner and in his own life was part of the house. And I'm not sure if he just watched Amityville Horror too much or if he's onto something, but that's always kind of been a thought in the back of my mind.
Speaker 5: If he was, you know, engaged in the occult, is a very good chance he could have been doing stuff there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, absolutely, we were kind of concerned about that too, and we looked very deeply into the artifacts that were left and disposed of all of them as best as we could. But yeah, there was definitely some strange things going on and in the attic that we didn't know about.
Speaker 5: And you know, having been involved in Paganism and Wiccan, how would you dispose of something like that that possibly could be could be charged. I mean you can just throw something like that, can you?
Speaker 2: I think it really depends on your spiritual perspective. So I think another point of clarification here is that I'm he was definitely not involved with pagan or Wickan things. He was definitely involved with want assign a title to it, but more close to like Satanism or the dark end of occult things. When you would encounter artifacts from like a Pagan or Wiccan ritual, I would say you could probably just throw them away, especially if you believe more from a Christian perspective.
Speaker 3: The stuff about what he was.
Speaker 2: Messing with concerned me more deeply because I've heard kind of maybe just rumors about that you're not supposed to burn things with fire. So I just threw them out and prayed over them. But I don't know if that was the right choice. It's kind of a between a rock at a hard play situation?
Speaker 5: Interesting and have you always been attracted to the paranormal? Always the paranorm would be attracted to you.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, that was kind of why I got into ghost hunting to begin with. I really don't love to talk about it now because I think it's currently my perspective is that it's demons. But when I was young, it was believed that I was psychic and could communicate with spirits, and that's specifically why the ghost hunting team wanted me to be present. And that's also why I did ghost hunting like in my small team, aside from the ghost hunter's international experience that I had.
Speaker 5: So now you've taken a completely different route, you know, really involved in paganism anymore?
Speaker 3: Absolutely not. I fully renounced that when I was about eighteen.
Speaker 5: I mean, some people could argue that there is a good side and there is a bad side. It kind of just depends on the way someone practices.
Speaker 2: I would absolutely agree there is definitely a good side and a bad side.
Speaker 3: I'm pretty confident that I was on.
Speaker 2: A bad side growing up, but my perspective's deeply changed, and I'm I mean, I found Jesus when I was about twenty and I've been on that kind of journey since then, so looking back, I feel very differently than I did at the time. But I think that's the case with anyone who grows up. I definitely don't want my stories to like reflect negatively on paganism. It's a really individual religion, and my experience was pretty unique to me.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that was your journey. Yeah, and I think we all when we're younger, we do tend to get rebellious, and we do venture down different paths, experimenting with different things. It can lead us into places, or at least we can get led astray by other individuals.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that is absolutely true.
Speaker 2: The person who ran that church that I was through had some very strong ideals about what could be done with paganism that I'm not sure would be shared by everyone who practices.
Speaker 5: You can see in the occult and many different techniques and practices tend to get splintered off and go along their different route. Yeah. You know you grew up in that kind of environment. Was it parents were practicing.
Speaker 3: My mother was, My father was kind of always atheistic.
Speaker 5: So growing up you'd have crystals and candors things like that scattered around the house.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, we had a few altars or like little sand spot that was very normal in my house.
Speaker 5: But my member was you know, she was never practice in Wickham, but she was mad into crystals. I'd find them under my pillow and all kinds of stuff when I was younger.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's a belief that they can heal you or help in many many ways.
Speaker 5: I think to a degree, you know, they did work because I did go for a stage when I was younger of having horrific nightmares and seemed to cease because of these crystals. My mem believed that, and to a degree I think I did.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Well, I mean whatever works. I definitely don't think crystals don't fully work. There's definitely some kind of energy behind them. But I think your intention has a huge aspect to that intention.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I definitely believe that. What is your earliest aeronormal memory you have of being involved in these type of rituals.
Speaker 2: In the rituals, probably when I was seven or eight I got allowed to be to join. Previous to that, I was just not allowed and I would just be part of like the at home alters and rituals and stuff which would just involve putting something physically on an altar and then doing a little kind of prayer situation.
Speaker 5: And was this a generational thing? I mean, your mother, was your grandmother involved in anything like this?
Speaker 2: No, I am from a long line of Catholics. I'm not really sure where my mom got this from, but she spent a long time in the city when she was young, in her early career, and when she moved back upstate after that, she seems to have had a big religious turning and was very devoutly into paganism for a long time.
Speaker 5: Okay, take us back to this black Mass. Now you're doing a ritual that was called the Spirit of abundance. Can you just explain to us what it is and what it would entail.
Speaker 2: So, like I said, the place that I was going, or the church that I was going, I suppose was hosted by a woman who kind of followed her own ideals. So I don't think this is necessarily this might not be necessarily like a wreckized thing that was done, But the goal was to bring forth a spirit for the purpose of abundance in the people that were summoning it. So either money or career goals or love, whatever your abundance might seek. We all put in a cutting of our hair, and we put in a bunch of other kind of strange things that people were offering. I don't even remember what they were specifically, but they were like necklaces and I think a rabbit's foot, like items of luck, and they were all put into this bowl that we would burn things in. And this was an outdoor ceremony obviously, so we just kind of lit a fire and burned it all and did like a chant, kind of holding hands around this bowl. That was pretty normal. That was kind of what the ceremonies looked like. The only thing that I found really strange about this particular ceremony was the inclusion of our own hair. That was never something that had been done previously. I personally believe that was an aspect of why that ritual went so strangely, the use.
Speaker 5: Of hair when it comes to like poppets and dolls and that type of thing, don't you yes, And.
Speaker 2: That was done also, But so there were other previous rituals that one person would include their hair if they were striving for something in particular, like a new job or a love interest, was always very specific like this, but the inclusion of all of our hair. I think was the strange part that it wasn't so specific. It was just kind of generally being thrown into the universe.
Speaker 5: I remember we lived in a really old build in years and years ago and we found in the basement this package and it was wrapped up in a pouch, so there was hair in there. There was some really old nails all wrapped up, and it had been there a long time. It wasn't something which just turned up one day, but kind of had an idea what that could have been.
Speaker 2: Yeah, generally anything that involves hair. I want nothing to do. Is that's the kind of the darkest occult stuff that we encountered. And I will say that that kind of artifact was the kind of thing I found in the.
Speaker 3: House when we moved in.
Speaker 5: Oh really just like that.
Speaker 2: Uh, pretty similar, like hair wrapped around nails. Just kind of like little but strange things like that.
Speaker 5: Okay, and this black mass. Could you make any facial details.
Speaker 2: No more than like the fact that it had eyes, a place for a nose, and not even really at mouth.
Speaker 3: It was very vague, but it was definitely a face that was quite obvious, like.
Speaker 2: Its eyes were sunken in enough to easily see that those were placements for eyes.
Speaker 5: You can tell if it looked male or female or anything like that.
Speaker 2: It felt male, but no, there was no like obvious. No, there was nothing obvious about it. But it felt male.
Speaker 5: And you said it hung over for about an hour.
Speaker 3: That's what it felt like.
Speaker 2: And in reflection, I've learned about sleep paralysis and that's probably what that situation was.
Speaker 3: But yeah, it felt like a solid hour.
Speaker 2: I didn't have clocks in the room, so I couldn't verify it, but in reflection and in experience, it definitely felt about that long.
Speaker 5: I have an experienced sleep paralysis when I was younger. It's scary. You couldn't move yourself. You just had to basically just see this mass hovering above you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, just staring at this thing while it met my eyes for a very long time, and.
Speaker 5: It's still quite clear in your mind.
Speaker 2: Extremely so it's as clear as I'm looking out my window right now.
Speaker 5: And that came directly after doing his ritual.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was probably two or three hours later. It was that night.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean that definitely does sign it. So it's related.
Speaker 2: I definitely think so. And I refused to go to ceremonies thereafter. That was one of the one of the big catalysts in my life that started my change of heart. But I had some life circumstances that happened after that instance that also, like in hindsight, I definitely think they were all connected. I do not think the thing that we summoned was a spirit of abundance.
Speaker 3: I genuinely just think we summoned a demon of some kind.
Speaker 2: I think that sounds kind of crazy now, but having experienced what I did and the circumstances of my life thereafter, I don't really have a better word for it.
Speaker 5: Was there anything that you did directly after that to maybe counteract it, or is there anything that you did.
Speaker 2: Do Not really, I was young and just kind of terrified, so I just accepted my terror that night, and besides refusing to go to rituals thereafter, No, I didn't really do anything. I just kind of lived in fear for a while, and I watched my personal life kind of crumble around me for the next couple of years until I left that house and then things started getting a little bit better. I personally believe there was a lot of stuff going on at that house. There was a lot of very strange situations at that house, and I think our participation in those rituals brought many things back to that physical house.
Speaker 5: Also, definitely certain energies in a house, you know, I think we've all lived in houses where they have certain ominous feelings and it can make you react and behave in in different ways, be angry or time, you could be depressed, you could be stressed, and that could be directly correlated with some of these energies that reside in houses. Like you said, you know, as soon as you leave and move away and go somewhere else, things change.
Speaker 3: Absolutely.
Speaker 2: I formally and fundamentally believe that that house had some kind of very bad energy into it. The relationships that were in it were very strained. It was a very angry house, and I just think it was the house itself because all of those problems were alleviated with then, I don't know, even weeks of leaving the.
Speaker 5: House, and some places they can be cleansed and knock the house down and don't build anything on that land again.
Speaker 3: Yeah, sometimes you just got to do that.
Speaker 2: I live quite far from the house now, so whoever lives there, I'm hoping they're having a good time there, maybe a better one than I did.
Speaker 5: Have you ever fought knocking and saying you experiencing anything here?
Speaker 3: No, for many reasons.
Speaker 2: It's first of all, it's a really it would be really weird for me to show up there. It's kind of out of the way, so it would be I'd be driving a long way to be there, and they, the owners of the house, would probably think I'm crazy to be arriving at their house. I also have him at the man who bought the house, and he does not seem like the kind of guy who would be interested in that kind of conversation.
Speaker 5: Is probably best not to Plus, you also don't want to get back into that sphere of influence of the house.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, like whatever is going on with that house is going on with that house. I have found my own spiritual journey and I am very uninterested in going backwards.
Speaker 5: Do you think practice in these rich will tend to open you up a little bit more to experience things?
Speaker 2: Absolutely, and in hindsight, I would never participate in modern day. I've had a pretty big spiritual change since then, So looking back, I definitely think we were summoning things we didn't intend to and I don't think the people participating really understood what they were getting into because.
Speaker 5: Generally weikean is you know, is considered good and it's more more nature based.
Speaker 2: Yes, it is absolutely nature based, and most of the things that we did were outside for the purpose of connecting with nature or the nature's spirits. This particular ritual I'm referencing was pagan and not Wigan, So I will make that clarification.
Speaker 5: Because there's a few blurry lines when it comes to paganism, isn't it. I mean, generally it means that it's not worship of any of the main religions, But paganism is basically everything else, isn't it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it definitely depends on the church, for lack of a better word, or group.
Speaker 3: That you attend.
Speaker 2: Some of them have strong opinions about who are what you're contacting, and some of them are kind of just general connection with spirits. The group that I was a part of had some pretty strong opinions about what they were contacting and some specific interests in who they were contacting.
Speaker 5: And how do you feel now you know the journey you're on Now?
Speaker 2: I feel pretty good about it. I mean, I'm pretty new to it. I'm still just beginning to like read the Bible and religious texts and stuff, because this is a totally new world to me. But I feel a lot more comfort and consistency with it than I ever.
Speaker 3: Did when I was Pagan or wiccan previously.
Speaker 5: I know people which you're on both sides. I know people which you're involved heavily in your Cultsome are only just tourists, others generation or they've been involved in for years, their parents have back home quite a long way. And then I know people which you're on the religious side, and some that have crossed over usually from your cult side. People are in different places in their life, so I think sometimes we have to go through certain things, certain hurd les, certain doors, sort part of life's journey.
Speaker 3: I guess, yeah, it's all part of the path. I don't regret anything.
Speaker 2: They all taught me different experiences and lessons, but it's just definitely something I wouldn't go back to.
Speaker 5: I'm glad you're happier anyway. That's the main thing.
Speaker 7: You don't always know you're in a cult. Not At first, it feels like truth, like purpose, like home. Then the rules change, the world gets smaller, and obedience becomes survival. Hidden Cults is the podcast that takes you inside the world's most disturbing belief systems. From the mass suicide of Heaven's Gate to the gas tax of om Shinrikio to the fiery siege in Waco, Texas. We follow the rise, the ruin, and the survivors left behind.
Speaker 5: But the danger isn't over.
Speaker 7: We track cults still active in cities, villages, and online spaces around the world, spanning continence, languages, and belief systems. You'll hear real stories from those who escaped, and if you've lived through something like this, we want to hear from you too.
Speaker 5: Hidden Cults new episodes.
Speaker 7: Every week wherever you get your podcasts.
Speaker 5: Okay, so, what advice would you have for people which they're of that age they're kind of exploring different aspects. What advice would you give to people who are on this kind of path.
Speaker 2: That's kind of hard because I wouldn't have listened to it when I was that age. I would probably say my best advice is to be very careful when you're trying to mess with things in the spiritual realm. That was one of the draws I had to the Christian faith is that you're not trying to summon anything, You're not bringing anything forth, and the entity you're talking to is this all existent thing that is all good. Especially in the pagan faith, that there is a mentality that not everything that you bring forward is good.
Speaker 3: And I definitely saw that firsthand.
Speaker 5: Sometimes these these experiences do coincide with things that happen in our personal life.
Speaker 2: I just had a series of very weird experiences, very similar to the black Satin thing that came over me.
Speaker 3: I was seeing a lot.
Speaker 2: Of shadow figures in my home and having just a collection of strange happenings.
Speaker 3: And then I had a.
Speaker 2: Few pretty terrible personal life things happen which I personally correlated, and I chose to fully leave anything doing with paganism. And then the next year I felt very called to Christianity. I had some strange and sinces again that just made me feel called that way.
Speaker 5: Like you said, you know, when you're young, you wouldn't have listened. Now, I wouldn't have listened when I was like younger the same, and most people wouldn't. But it's all hindsight, though, Wasn't.
Speaker 3: It definitely hindsight? It's always twenty twenty.
Speaker 5: You know, as we get older, we learned these things, and that's what it's all about. The encounter in the woods, that is a very strange one. And this property used to go out into the woods and have lunch, and this was during hunting season.
Speaker 3: You said, yeah, I.
Speaker 2: Was not allowed to be in the woods, but I loved being in there. But I would always wear my own neons so that I was visible. I didn't want to encounter a hunter in the woods, but I didn't think it was that dangerous because I'd seen them in the woods before. They they're looking for deer, they're not looking for you. As long as you're identifying yourself, it's not that dangerous. My parents just wanted me to be safe.
Speaker 5: And was this a certain area where you witnessed this person's individual. Was that a location that you would always go to? Was that a fresh location?
Speaker 3: It was always a looking I went to. The woods were really, really dense, and there was very little place to be besides this area. Except the area was quite hard to get to, probably two maybe three.
Speaker 2: Miles past the edge of my house, the edge of the tree line on my house, so it was kind of a deep walk in but once you got to it, it was just this kind of perfect circle in the woods with like one down tree in the middle that was a perfect place to sit. I really loved it, and it got excellent sunlight so it was always warm, and I liked that it was kind of away from the risk of the hunter as being in the deep woods.
Speaker 5: So this area was like a clearing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm actually not really sure why it was there.
Speaker 2: It was kind of just like a random clearing in the woods, but there were no trees besides the one that had fallen into it. It was probably I don't know, the size of like half of a football field, which I realized is such an American way to measure space, but yeah, it was probably about half the size of a football field.
Speaker 5: It's probably the best way. Yeah, that's how I measure things because so many of my guests and listeners are American obviously, so that's yes, that's how I measure set. Oh, it's about a football field away.
Speaker 3: It's a good metric of distance.
Speaker 2: But yeah, the clearing was somewhat large, definitely enough space to enjoy lunch and kind of walk around and have a nice, nice time out there.
Speaker 5: Had you heard anything strange in this area before.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there was definitely some strange things in the woods and in this area, but I never saw anything, certainly not as obvious as that guy. I'd often see like shadows through the woods. I'd often hear like voices kind of just disembodied in the in the far off, or fear footsteps and stuff. All of that, though, I was able to rationalize being either hunters or deer or animals, which might not have been true, but it was all kind of disregardable. When I saw the sky that was not that was clear as day. I could have touched him.
Speaker 5: Completely in a place. He was where in the wrong kind of clothes for the year.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was cold.
Speaker 2: It was the beginning of winter, end of fall, so around here it would probably be no warmer than like forty degrees fahrenheit.
Speaker 3: And he was wearing like shorts and a T shirt.
Speaker 2: And like I said, also, it was really really weird for you to be in the woods without neons on. You would definitely be a risk of being shot by a hunter. Like there's heavy deer hunting in that area, so for him to be walking around in a dark colored T shirt and shorts, especially in that area at that time was extremely out of place.
Speaker 5: If it had been a neighbor, from a neighbor improper to you would have recognized him.
Speaker 3: I guess absolutely.
Speaker 2: But he would have had to walk like ten plus miles if he was a neighbor. We lived on a really large piece of farmland. The neighbors were not close. It would have been a really really long truck for him to take. And if he was a neighbor, he certainly wouldn't have been dressed like that.
Speaker 3: He would have known better.
Speaker 5: Right, Okay, And he looked at least solid to you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he looked just like you and me.
Speaker 5: So he sounded normal. He looked completely normal. But he disappeared behind this tree.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he just he looked at me confused when I talked to him, probably looked as confused as I looked at him. And then he sidestepped as if he was trying to find out like his placement. He was just kind of looking around, and then took a step to the I think to his right, behind a tree, but a really really thin birch like sapling, maybe four to five inches wide. But as he shifted behind the tree, nothing came out on the other side. He just kind of disappeared behind the tree. He was too thin for him to have even been standing like sideways at the tree. So I ran over. We were not that far apart. We were probably ten to fifteen feet apart. So when he disappears behind this tree, I sprint over to it, and there's no one there, and.
Speaker 3: He couldn't have gone anywhere.
Speaker 2: There was no place for him to have gone without it being really obvious, like I was staring right.
Speaker 3: At him the whole time.
Speaker 5: Ten to fifteen feet that is really close.
Speaker 3: Then, yeah, it was pretty close.
Speaker 5: And you ran over and you went right in the back of the tree and nothing.
Speaker 1: Yep.
Speaker 3: Nothing.
Speaker 5: That's creepy verst as you're on your own in the middle of these woods.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was definitely disconcerting.
Speaker 5: Do you have any theory or what do you think it could have been? Or where did he go?
Speaker 3: Honestly, I have no idea.
Speaker 2: The only thing that I can possibly think of, like in hindsight, even though this sounds kind of ridiculous.
Speaker 3: Is that he was like out of place in this universe.
Speaker 2: I think he just kind of stepped into a portal, ended up here, said whoops, and then stepped back.
Speaker 3: I have no idea what that was, though.
Speaker 5: That's as good as any. And the amount of times I've heard about not only people vanish in but also where people have gone missing and they say that they vanished and they could see people around them, they couldn't be seen themselves. If you see what I mean, it's like they've passed through an area where they've become completely invisible.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, he's That's exactly what it seemed like. He was so out of place, and the confusion that he looked at me with was so strange, and his question to me, like what are you doing here?
Speaker 3: It was all just very bizarre.
Speaker 5: What are you doing here?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 5: So it could be that maybe he was from another time, you know, walking around his own property maybe, and he just kind of crossed the veil I guess, and saw you there.
Speaker 3: That's kind of my only guess.
Speaker 2: I mean, from his perspective, I was probably dressed ridiculously too, being kind of like a modern child dressed in winter clothing.
Speaker 5: And did you ever look into any stories of other people seeing similar figures.
Speaker 3: I've never really looked into other stories of it.
Speaker 2: But I had friends who would come over to my house often and we would go into the woods, and I had another friend who saw a very similar situation, probably a year later at.
Speaker 3: The same clearing.
Speaker 5: That was it identical or I.
Speaker 2: Personally didn't see him, but she describes him exactly the same as I did.
Speaker 3: A little bit. He was dressed kind of for.
Speaker 2: The summer, but we again saw him in the winter, or it was winter when we were there.
Speaker 5: What about stories of missing people? I mean, is it a wide area, this woodland.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's quite vast. My farm was probably the most near part to it. However, this isn't really a place that someone would be able to survive in. You definitely wouldn't be able to camp and make a good house there for much more than three or four months of the season.
Speaker 5: So I'm guess in these woods are probably quite ancient. It's probably a lot of stories involved in these woods.
Speaker 3: Yes, they definitely have a lot of history to them.
Speaker 2: The particular clearing that I was in used to be one of the I think it was like a pasture or something for some of the animals that used to be on the farm. But the part of the farm that I lived on was much smaller than the original farm, so there was lots of stuff in the woods, like old rock stacked fences and strange clearings. Once in a while you'd encounter some like watering troth looking objects.
Speaker 5: And did you have to witnessing this guy? Did you ever go back there and have your picnic again?
Speaker 2: I did go back a few times, never had any other weird experiences like that, but definitely consistently still heard like the footsteps and the disembodied voices and stuff. It never deterred me. I never felt scared back there. I actually didn't even feel scared by this guy. It was just a very strange experience.
Speaker 5: And an experience that you would never forget. Shiloh.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, it sticks in my brain like nothing else. There's no explanation for it, and just I keep thinking about it, like what happened?
Speaker 3: Like why did that occur?
Speaker 5: There's certainly an interesting experience, that's for sure. Didn't seem to be any danger or anything like that. It's just both your paths crossed point in time.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the vibe was definitely mutual confusion.
Speaker 5: To our listeners out there, if you've experienced something similar to what Shiloh has, do, get in contact. I'll be interested in hearing any similar accounts.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I would definitely be curious.
Speaker 2: I've never really encountered anyone who's experienced something similar in that regard. And I have some pictures that I'll send you of the doll and a bird's eye view of the place that I grew up that can kind of show you the distance between the house and that clearing.
Speaker 5: Perfect. Yeah, if you do that, and what we do is we'll put that on the website and then our listeners can go and check it out. Good stuff, Shiloh. I really appreciate you coming on sharing that for our listeners.
Speaker 3: Yeah, thank you very much.
Speaker 5: You are more than welcome. All Right, it's great speaking to you, and it's wonderful to hear these accounts, and to be honest with your shidow, they were a little bit creepy, but we enjoyed them.
Speaker 3: Yeah, thank you very much, and big.
Speaker 5: Thanks to the partner as well for getting you to come back.
Speaker 3: Yeah, shout out to my husband for that.
Speaker 5: Share to the husband, take care and we will speak soon.
Speaker 3: Sounds great.
Speaker 5: Thank you bye for now. Well, that is all for this episode. Keep updated and connected with a show on x, Facebook and Instagram, and if you have an encounter that you'd like to share on the podcast, you can email me at UFO Chronicles at gmail dot com, or you can reach out to me via the contact page on my website ufo Chronicles podcast dot com. A big thank you the Shiloh for sharing tonight, and thank you all for listening. I will be back next week. Till then, stay safe and keep watching the skies. Goodbye,