Speaker 1: What's up party, people, and welcome to Countdown to Classic, where it's not my opinion that counts but yours. Hey everyone, and welcome to another episode of Countdown to Classic. It's so wonderful to have you all here again. And today we've got a big episode all about yes, you guessed it, TBC Classic to the Revenge guys. Look, you'll hear a whole monologue about why we're talking about TVC and what's going on with me and the guild and everything, So please just listen in when the call starts and you'll get the whole explanation behind everything. Please do enjoy this episode though, and you know, as the episode says, please do join the guild. Please, if you are, you know, inclined to play TBC Classic two point zero, then please do come join the Countdown crew. We would love to have you. You know, we're not against having a large guild with multiple raid teams. We'll just be dicking around. We're not going super sweaty guys. So if you're a really hardcore ninety nine parsler who lives for you know, purple numbers, then maybe we won't be the guild for you. But if you're a bit more relaxed about it, you know, not saying we want people who don't press their buttons. But if you're just a fucking, you know, capable casual player, then come hit us up. It's all good. But after this call, guys, I'll speak to you at the end. Thanks.
Speaker 2: See up.
Speaker 1: All right, everyone, welcome back to another countdown to classic I am. I've just told the boys who are all sitting here hanging out and talking battlefield and shooting the shit, and then I drop in and go, hi, boys, what's tying to podcast? And I've completely blown up their fun conversation. But I'm very much so like still half asleep. I literally woke up ten minutes ago and I'm fucked. So I'm going to ease my way into this one. I think I've got breakfast on the way with the coffee which will arrive soon, which will be great and much needed. But let me introduce the crew who are going to carry me while I wake up. And it's all your old favorites, and I really am looking forward to actually just casually shooting this shit about a bunch of big issues that have come up over the last two weeks. With these guys, we're starting off with we'll go in alphabetical order. How about that Australian and casual hunk impersonator camp sye mate.
Speaker 2: How are you going on? Mate?
Speaker 1: It's great, great to have you. We've got old favorite and a prodigal son always welcome back on the show, Gali boy, y'all. Next up, we've got a person who has very quickly. We found him relatively recently on Epoch and he's very much so carved a spot in all of our hearts, the people who've been playing Wower fair bit recently and logging on and doing shit with the guild. I'm so happy to have found him because he's been such a fucking amazing addition to the guild attitude wise and gameplay wise. Green mate, how are you chilling?
Speaker 3: Just crack the beer?
Speaker 1: That's the way maybe we were just we were just saying the other day you you weren't in voice chat and we've gone fucking green. That can't just I'm sorry about the notification. That can't just offers to help everyone all the time on Epoch and whatever. He just like, no matter what you're doing, he just drops what he's doing and goes, yeah, no, worries. I'll come heal that dungeon, or I'll come do that for you, like it's you're an angel, so we don't deserve you.
Speaker 3: Shit happens.
Speaker 1: Very good. All right, This next caun't I tell you what. He's been very busy lately, and I personally have been crying myself to sleep because it's been way too long since he's been on the show, and I think of him on a daily basis ubiquitous mate, how are you?
Speaker 4: I'm doing well? Thank you, good to be back.
Speaker 1: Good to have you back, sunshine. And next up he's just he's like herpes. You can't get rid of him. We love him, vestige, how I how's it going, good man? And finally, I mean fuck. I threw out the prodigal son reference before, but maybe this person is the true prodigal son because we've been backing and forthing over all this TBC bullshit, and then he came allbit on a short term basis. But we'll see how we go. He came back to us recently. Yeah, how are you mate?
Speaker 4: Good?
Speaker 1: That's the way.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 1: We've had a few more people drop in since I dropped the announcement, so I'll just very quickly say hello to someone who is truly becoming the heart and soul of the Countdown guild. Easy, mate, how are you?
Speaker 3: It's so josh mate.
Speaker 2: Fuck.
Speaker 1: We've played a lot of Wow together over the last few weeks, haven't we.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we really have been fun.
Speaker 1: It's it's been a lovely fun time forging these social bonds with all of you guys. But guys, let's get into it. Look like I said, I'll have to throw it out to you while I wake up, but I will have to find the energy to deliver a little bit. Just bear with me for five minutes while I give a bit of a monologue to intro this episode. And this is the last time I'm going to have you sit there in awkward silence while you have to fucking listen to me. But a lot of your podcast listeners will be sort of out of the loop on what's been happening lately over the last you know, I think it's been two weeks or three weeks maybe since the last podcast episode. A lot has happened actually in that time in the Countdown discord, and like I'd always do, I beg you guys to join the Countdown discord so you can sort of keep up with what's going on in between podcast episodes, because really, if you want to know what's going on with everything countdown, just read what we're talking about there, and then you won't be left, you know, behind, when we change servers or announce that we're doing some fun in game event or something like that. But look, guys, I've been on the show over the last three four months, five on whatever, just going epoch epoch epoch. This fucking server is amazing. It's the private server that has come to save World of Warcraft. Oh my god, it's so good and we loved it, We really did. The content was fantastic. I will have a very very angry shouting match with any fuck with who's like, h you mean that buggy piece of shit server? Fuck off, you loser. You're not a true gamer. Oh yes I am. True gamers don't accept bugs. Go fucking kiss my assy piece of shit. The content was ten out of ten. If you can't fucking walk away from a game that one out of you know, ten, quest was fucking bugged and just shrug your shoulders and get over it. I don't want to talk to you. You're a weird wow fucking tool who I don't want anything to do with. That server was fucking amazing, and quite frankly, you know, if you've been listening to Countdown a Classic for any period of time, all the smart people and all the cool people who have played ridiculous amounts of Wow over the last twenty years agreed that Epoch was just number one. The amount of fucking people I trust who's wow. This was a fucking top tier Classic Plus experience Like that was a really really like not something I wouldn't go as far as saying, it's not like they're going, oh, I don't mind that that server is now, you know, apparently dead in the water, because they all say, I'm just glad I did that leveling experience, Like I got to see exactly what I said on the show. I got to see an example and play through an example of what a really good Classic Plus experience could be, and we all did it. I leveled, you know, I got one character to sixty, I got a second character to about forty five, and we all had a brilliant time. So like, just you know, if you're that person who's listening to this going, you're all fucking Idiot's epoch was horrendous. Trust me, you're the problem, not us there, I fucking said it, get over it. But like epoch then did go through the motions of it's very clearly now been abandoned by the Ascension team. I held out as long as I could. I huffed all the kopium I could on. No, no, maybe, maybe, just maybe something's going to happen here. You never know, And I said, there's no way they don't release the first raid tier for this private server. That never fucking happens. Well, unfortunately, all signs are pointing to that fucking happening. The population is down to now, like you know, one hundred, one hundred and fifty people logging on a daily basis countdown was making up fucking ten percent of those numbers, and just silence, these these pricks over it Ascension, They went full ascension. You know, they couldn't find a team to develop a thing, they how hard they were looking for the team to develop the thing. Who knows when they've got Bronze Beard launching over there as their cash cow. Now this thing just looks all but abandoned. So unfortunately, many of us who held on to the last minute, just had to sort of at a certain point, go, look, guys, I we stayed six weeks later than everyone else, and it just looks like nothing's happening here. So many of us have unfortunately now had to jump from Epoch, which is really tragic. So I'll just say the next part and then throw it out to you guys about the Epoch thing, and easy, please tee up a nice little Epoch love letter while I finished this thought off. But basically I got to a point where many of you were apparently experiencing the same thing with the death of Epoch. With me not being happy with Bronze beeared, I tried out fucking you know what was it, storm Forge to whatever the wrath five X server, because I was that desperate. It was fucking I wasn't really enjoying that because five X is a joke, and you wind up in you know, level thirty and forty dungeons with level twenty gear on because you can't get gear drops because you're progressing so quickly, and you've got no cash, so you can't buy anything off the auction house, and everything was quite inflated on the auction house. So that was a pretty bad experience. So I was just so desperate for some Wow. I love me some Wow. Obviously got the podcast about it. I need to play some Wow. So, you know, found myself in the position that some of you did, where I was like, fuck, I so loudly and triumphantly declared that my you know sub was over four months ago on the show, and now I find myself in the Simpsons moment, walking through the supplicant box, you know, crawling through to Tim slash mister Burns going, you know, can I resub and I don't know, maybe play some TBC Anniversary. Even though I'm not that psyched about it, I'll still I just have to play some Wow. I need some decent Wow, and there's nothing decent on the market at the moment, so fuck it. I'll just play TBC. And Tim's obviously there, you know, going, so you've come crawling back. So, guys, what I'm getting at is many of us have now moved over to TBC Anniversary. I said on the show, I had zero interest in TBC again, but there is just nothing else to play. And it's so unfortunate that, you know, it's not like we I was never going to resub to Blizzard again. But it's so unfortunate that I have come crawling back in the circumstances that I thought i'd be coming back because a red hot new product would be out, as opposed to coming back because this is nothing else, you know that I want to play. Everything else is out on the market is worse than what Blizzard has to offer at the moment. But like, you know, what they've got isn't that red hot either, So I'm a little bit bummed out about that. But we're making you know, fucking lemonade out of lemons and a bunch of us about I think seventy five people are in the Countdown Guild on TBC Anniversary. We're playing on dream side, the PvE server hoard side, so please come and join us. We will be doing a big recruiting drive through the show to get people into this big, fun Countdown Guild like we did on Epoch. It with such an amazing experience that we want to replicate. So that's the news. Like, I'm not overly enthused about it, but we're doing it. I'm playing a fuckload of it. Don't think I'm not psyched about it. And we're easy and I've been tearing this shit apart, but TBC and is you know, it's like the fourth server move for countdown in the last fucking four months. I know it's tiring, but that's just where we are now. There. I've said my spiel. Easy, let me throw it over to you and just any comments on anything that I just said personally from you about you know, the death of Epoch and the move over to TBC, and that's right.
Speaker 5: Yeah, EPUK was was a time like that was a great period of time. We all got to experience some kind of what a class and plus might be. There were so many cool little changes. Nothing huge like Bronze Beard. I mean we also, you know, came on here and talked about how we were trying that. But Epoch was fantastic. And I think that probably every day in guilt chat or you know, for in a party or something like that, everybody's mentioning, oh man, I missed this about EPOC or EPOC did this better? And you know, the hope is is that Blizzard somehow is paying attention.
Speaker 3: I don't.
Speaker 5: I don't know if they are or they aren't, but there are a lot of really positive things that came out from EPAC. And it's funny too because we all ended up on anniversary not because we're excited for TBC. But again, like you said, it's just waiting for EPOC. Like I'm telling you right now, for you pop MC is going to launch, and you know on this date, I'd honestly jump back over there and participate in that again sooner than I would re re re release of TVC. So it's kind of where my head's at. This is just a waiting room for other Epoch to do some kind of content release, which again is looking like it's not going to happen, or something better in the well world.
Speaker 1: All right, anyone else want to speak up on this one, whether talking about moving over from lamenting Epoch's death or I can yeah, go go nuts, Yeah, Camcy, you're a good one, go for it, mate.
Speaker 6: It's I was. It's the same, you know. It was just as you've been saying a bunch recently, like just feeling super sad about it, And definitely that's what I was feeling as it became more obvious that it was just like winding up and just like what's going on here? And then and the same thing for me like that You've said a bunch like just Vanilla, I'm just like, I can't do it. I can't do it. But it got so bad and I was just like, I just want to hang with you guys and fuck around and do some place of WOW or whatever. So I guess here I am. And it was actually the discovery of remembering that I had a sixty on article that I could bring across, which is like, okay, I can just play this, and because I don't know if I could have honestly leveled like a fresh character or whatever, but it's it's good. Now we're in the guild and there's some stuff going on. It's it's you know, it's not ideal, but at least there's something going on, and I'm happy now.
Speaker 1: It's you brought up the keyword there, mate, that I said in the discord a couple of times, and like I've you guys might have felt this way before. I've never felt this way about a WOW server before, because you know, I play so many who servers and have so many thousands of characters that I've never been that overly emotionally invested in anything. But I got sad for the first time in my Wow life that a server sort of you know, diet in front of me, and I was like moping around the house because we had we had such a fuck like it was an eleven out of ten social experience, like you guys said, the world Wide Server, the twenty four to seven element of the Countdown guilds, you know, all of you experienced and loved it. There was fucking, you know, twenty five people on twenty four to seven doing something. Everyone got to know each other, and it was a fucking great content server. So like this ends, and I'm just sad. I'm sad, and I'm really coming back to TBC skulking and it feels shit. So does anyone else want to talk about this a little bit? Or are we are we good?
Speaker 4: I'm just firmly in the same boat. It's like, I don't know, we're eating stale biscuits now and when we're just having something nice, so it all feel I'm literally running around as like a level fifteen and you're just thinking to yourself, fuck, Level fifteen on Epoch was so much more fun than this level fifteen. So it's just a bit of a bummer. And then even as we'll get to it, but personally, how they're how it looks like they're handling the lead up to TBC feels worse because we played Epoch, which is kind of like TBC Vanilla and how good it was, and then now we're going to wait two months to pre patch, probably have that for three weeks before.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well maybe launch. Keep that thought running, because I want to know what you mean by that. I'll just lead you in and say, yep, guys. So look, you know, two or three days ago, Blizzard came out and announced that all right, for all you TBC and he enjoys Enjoyers. Everyone was guessing that. You know, I said, I think this patch is coming out on like the tenth of January, like mid January. And even though I guess that, I think the smartest thing to do would be a December launch because everyone's pretty pumped up and playing over the holidays would be fun. A lot of people tended to agree with that, and so Blizzard does the blizz thing and goes, hey, guess what, guys, pre patch on the thirteenth of January, and everyone's like that's two fucking months away, Like that's too far, And yeah, that's the announcement that we got and we've got a whole bunch of other details that we'll get into later, but just on that one, you continue your thought process on when that announcement came out.
Speaker 4: I'm just I said earlier to the lads before we started recording, is like, I don't know, maybe I'm the minority and it's not actually like good ideas, which is completely valid, but everything they seem to decide with Classic, whether it's the length or when and why and what they're doing just seems to not be what I would have ever chosen to do. So in regards to the pre patch, I just don't know why is it really that bad of an idea that it could have been like a twelve week prepatch and like, no one's going to go anywhere, the Naxbros. Is still going to be running nacs, But it could have been a really fun time period to like actually play one to sixty World of Warcraft with TBC classes, Because I think, I said on an so ages ago, is like not that many people have really done that. When TBC came out, you already had US sixty or multiple sixties and you just went to outlands. There's not a huge amount of players that have actually done one to sixty specifically during TBC, and even if they have, they probably wouldn't mind doing it again. Like it's a pretty niche timeline that hasn't existed that often. And I thought it was a great opportunity if you were a Blizzard and you saw how much everyone loved fucking epoch. That's all it is. It's TBC in the Vanilla world with a buttload more quest. I'm just surprised that they didn't kind of just pick that ball up now that it kind of got killed off of, just like, oh, well, here you go, here's a twelve week epoch. Here's twelve weeks of epoch before you actually go to Outlands. And I think it would have been wildly more popular than whatever this is happening. Like, but maybe that's just because Blizzard knows that we're all, well we're not all. But you know, if you don't want to play pre patch, well sorry, if you don't want to start leveling now, then you'll just buy a boost in five weeks, and so be it. Maybe that's their play. Maybe it would cost them if they made prepatch too long and too fun, then no one would actually need to buy the Boost because we would have all leveled sixty and be ready for TBC. Maybe that's maybe that's my skeptical, pessimistic guess as to why they wouldn't have done it the other way.
Speaker 1: Oh, the whole thing. I mean, we'll get into this, but I don't want to talk about the boost just yet, but we will very soon. But like the whole and like you know, we just talked about Bronze Beard, how the whole structure, behind the scenes and just beyond the glimpse of the user is funneling you towards buying the shit. Like the idea is to make you use the store. These people want to make money, and that's fine to want to make money, but there's sort of, you know, an extent to which lengths you'll go to bleed that money from your users. But and you know what sort of seems you know, agreeable versus predatory. But like here we are, you know, Blizzards in the same boat as the Private Servers at the moment where like this this game is about the money. Now, it's very much so about the money. It's not been about the player or the experience for some time. Now it's about the money. Line must go up and Blizzard has it really looks like a completely structured TBC anniversary around. Okay, we made a fuck load of money last time. Fucking hold my beer, watch how much more I make this time around. We're going to really push these fuckers, and it's all behind the scenes, little things tweaked here and there to have the invisible hands push you towards that boost. So, just like you said you'd be, I think you spot on and we'll get into that in a second, but I just want to stick on the point of the two month wait until pre patch and hear from some of you other guys. I'm sure a lot of you are going to have opinions on this, so I'm going to open it up to the crowd. We're all at the pub holding a beer to shooting the shit. Guys talk over each other, yellow each other, do whatever you want. But like, who wants to talk to me about Wizard a good thing or a bad thing? To wait two more months for TBC pre patch to drop?
Speaker 7: It was terrible, Josh. I didn't think I would speak, but you've kind of just moved into a good part of the conversation here, and I've just got to chime in with me two cents.
Speaker 8: It was awful. I was looking forward to.
Speaker 7: Coming back and hanging out with the boys again, leveling hopefully with some joyous journeys or something.
Speaker 8: Perhaps, and we just sort of get slapped in the face.
Speaker 7: No pre patch toil long after everybody stopped having holidays, and I guess, so, well, I guess I'll buy the boost.
Speaker 1: And that's exactly that's music to there is, isn't it though? Marcus?
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah, it's it's not music to my soul though, Josh, that's the problem, right, all right?
Speaker 1: Who wants to piggyback off of that kieva rolling?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think it's a pretty terrible choice.
Speaker 9: The holidays are going to be the perfect time to you know, people a lot of time off with its level, let us play in the pre patch. Do you really want two more weeks of NACS? I mean, it just made so much freaking sense, which is why, of course Blizzard wouldn't do it. And now I guess, yeah, I agree with you that they're just trying to push everybody to, you know, a short pre patch again, which nobody wants. Everybody wants a long pre patch, So I don't get what's going on.
Speaker 10: Yeah, I have less to say about the January release, but more so about the short pre patch, which we don't know for sure. But the last time we had the pre patch was it was two weeks and I actually did relevel. I re rolled a human warrior to a Drani warrior, so I was one of the rare ones. But I think the pre patch is super fun and it shakes up the meta and it gives people stuff to do, and it's a really fun time to just play. And so I know it hasn't been announced, but I really do hope they do a longer pre patch, which is why it would be weird to just not do the pre patch sooner rather than later. And if it's three months, then it's three months of pre patch, So what if they need to cook TBC and do their changes, that's fine, But the pre patch steed is just really fun.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think if we get there and then they say it is, let's just say if it's eight weeks or whatever, which is plenty long enough. If we get there and they say that, I will still be happy. But I still think that's a worse move than like you could attacked four weeks of it onto this NAS phase where they still give a shit about NACS, because you're just going to get a huge player drop off of the guys that are like biskeered from NAS and have no interest in leveling at all, They're all going to quit and then they'll be like this weird bubble of like TBC hype trainers that have all come back for TBC, which, like, either way, it's not going to affect me. I'm just I'm surprised by their choice to do so. If you're going to do a long pre patch, I thought you'd try and catch the end of NACS because then all those like I thought that would kind of be fun. I remember the first time round, it would be cool if you could not be an absolute super nerd that goes one to sixty in four days, but to realistically hit sixty in a couple of weeks, if you're going pretty hard, and then actually do like four or five weeks of level sixty lockouts as as a fucking blood elf Pali or whatever the hell you want to be. I thought, in my mind that sounds like a good fun time to lead into TBC. But maybe that's maybe that's not a common take. Or they're not interested in doing that.
Speaker 1: My only thing with that ub was, and I'm happy to be shadowed down on this, but I said, this is the classic, like they can't win someone Like a lot of people will complain regardless of what number you pick in terms of how many weeks should pre Patch last. But I said, I said it should be four weeks for my personal preference, because I just feel that, like, two weeks is too short. A lot of people will complain six weeks is too long. Even though all those reasons you justly said sound fantastic, there will still be people going, oh, I'm like, god, six weeks of prepatch just fucking get us through the dark Portal already. Oh my god, I have to wait another two weeks, Oh my god. So there'll be people complaining on both ends, whereas four weeks is your Goldilocks moment where people just go, yeah, cool, I had my fun let's go through the dark portal. I'm ready.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I suppose, but it's I feel, well, no, we already went over. Like, I don't think this means if it's short, you don't lose players. I think you'd just gain more boosts. So therefore they win but then if it goes too long, no one's canceling their sub, but they just stop playing. I'm unsure what would be the best, what would actually be the most popular choice, But they don't seem to make popular choices anyway. They make financial choices.
Speaker 9: So well, I haven't heard anybody complain saying I want a shorter prepatch or I want the same prepatchion. Everybody I've heard of said I want a long prepatch, well at least two for maybe even six weeks longer.
Speaker 11: I mean, yeah, come.
Speaker 4: On, so I feel I feel like if anyone was grumpy about it, then good on you, bud. Take a three week break. You can have a little break. You've rated your little booty off all through nacks. You're a good boy. Have a three week holiday while everyone else has fun leveling up, and then you have more players for TBC. I don't think anyone's there going no, no, no, no no. I'm ready to go this week. Fuck all of you. I want I want no prepatch. Just open the portal tomorrow so I can go and get fucking Carra ready. I don't think that's too common, And even if it is, I think they'd know that that's fucking crazy. Like for the betterment of the game, a pre patch probably helps more people out, gets more players back and stuff like that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, as as Axtel's saying, Axtel, you're right, That's what the consensus absolutely was after the last TVC that the pre patch should be longer. That's why everyone's sort of up in arms about this. But like to be fair, we don't know how long the pre patch is going to last. They haven't announced that. It's just that the indicators seem to point towards a two week period, which would be greatly disappointing. Like all the boys are saying, and you know, like erdaps saying in twitch chat. You know, I'm our guild paladin tank, the designated Paladin Tank. I don't know if I can level the sixty in that time if it is only two weeks, maybe even if it's only four weeks, who knows, you might need the six week period to do that. But then, like we say, the shadowy you know, puppet strings being pulled behind this, behind the scenes, are meant to push you towards that boost. They want you getting frustrated, going, fuck, that's not enough time to level and I am our guild tank or I was going to reroll a blood Elf because I like the look of blood Elves, and they want you to get you know, to push, push, push in two weeks to level thirty and then throw your hands up in exasperation and go, fuck it, I've got to buy this boost and you can enjoy buying the boost at the low low price of what was the guy's seventy nine to ninety nine USD.
Speaker 12: Yeah, the issue of the boost. I think if you're rolling Paladin or Shaman, you can't use the boost, So like, yeah, what's the point.
Speaker 1: I was, Look, I'll throw myself on the barbecue here to be grilled. I was really confident, and I said to a bunch of you guys in private conversations over the last two weeks, I was really confident that they were going to go hell for leather in the boost department this time around. I was like, Look, they made that much fucking cash last time. I think they will be licking their fucking lips over the potential cash this time around, and they'll just go Yep, Sharman, Paladin, fucking boost it all. Have as many boosts you want. There are no rules on the boosters go ballistic, and they didn't do that. I am shocked by you know, they the company that is so fucking bottom line driven. I just I've been saying like people don't care the second time around with TBC, literally nobody gives a fuck if you, I genuinely feel again, if you'd said you can boost a shaman or a paladin, there would have been one or two people. I mean, you got there might be people in this room, you tell me. I think there would have been one or two fuck weeks on Reddit going this is antithetical to the fucking spirit of classic. Wow, why are you letting me boost a paladin or a shaman? This is bullshit blah blah blah, And they would have been drowned out by a thousand people going, who gives a fuck? Just fucking great, I'll boost a shaman or a palade and whatever. If I want to pay that price, I'll pay that price and I'll just do it. But they didn't do it, and a lot of.
Speaker 12: People would have hit that price. Like there's quite a few people on my guild that are going shaman or rolling shampan, and a few that are just rolling Terrena because that's what they want to do.
Speaker 1: So why do you think, why do you think they've done it yet?
Speaker 12: I couldn't tell you. It doesn't make any sense at all, baffling, Like if you're going for a shorter pre patch, maybe you just don't feel like making a change. I don't know, but like, the shorter the pre patch is, the more likely. I thought that Shaman and Paladin would get the boost. The pre patch was coming soon and it was going to be longer. That's when I think, like, oh, they're just gonna leave it the same. I'm not gonna let you boost it because you have six weeks to do it.
Speaker 1: That's where again I'm going to put on you know, do my role playing here and ubiquitous. Can you play? Let's say you play I don't know Tim or someone right, and you fucking step into my office and I go, yeah, thanks for coming in, Tim. It's it's me Josh from fucking Sea, sweet mate. I see that you guys are limiting the boosts so that people can't do Paladins and Shamo Lamalamalans or whatever the fuck you nerds call it. Aren't we interested in making more money?
Speaker 4: Ah? Yes, we should be. I'll have to check with a grend while we're not selling these. You've kind of got me stumped in the role playing. I'm like, you're baffling me with this question.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Sorry, no, it's a bad role play. But I'm just if I'm the c sweet guy, I'm just going again, who fucking cares? Like again, I'm gonna sorry if I offend people here, but I'm just gonna say this as a soulless executive and go fucking bleed the nerds dry. Every single one of these fucking cunts is gonna buy this thing, and they're not gonna, you know, get angry at us like they did four years ago about the sanctity of the fucking game. They've all done it before and literally none of them give a shit. Just fucking let them do it. You'll fucking up the revenue from the boost by what fifty minimum?
Speaker 4: I think we need, we need someone that's like an active anniversary stand to defend their ecosystem. As to why it would be a horrible idea, but I mean, I'm I'm I am exactly that. Like the first time round, everyone was a bit I think that would be a bit too crazy. You know, if you want to be a blood elf Pali for Launch, I respect the hustle that they got to sixty in fucking two weeks and went ham. That was kind of fun in its own wacky way. But now like this time round, I'm just like a big old fucking accessibility band of just like nah, whatever gets more cunts involved, a like, if it means that more people are playing and you know, you can get more of your guild back because that's what they want to play and get in the boost is the difference or not. But there's there's multiple ways to go around it. You could have again, if it's a longer pre patch, you could just like lock the boost for Shamans and Palis to only like two weeks before and then that way you can only get like a lockout or two done before going to Outlands. But if it is just a two week pre patch anyway, then just open the floodgates at the start, because I don't think there's that many guys on Anniversary that would give a shit. Again, it's the trade off of like, you know, would ar Coss grumble that the boost is there? Or would Arkosts be happy that like ten more guilties came back because the boost was there, what would be the preference for the anniversary enjoy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'll trigger some people straight off the bat here and just say, like, while I'm still funny with the boost, you know this is not Josh on the show now advocating for how good a boosts, I'm just like putting on. Like I said, from that Blizzard perspective, I am shocked, like mouth a gape that they didn't do this from the company that covets you know, finance over everything else, so that that's the only reason I'm left fucking scratching my head, going this is bizah. But now Arcos is here in the crowd, I'll be able to say this much. I don't want to dwell on this. I just just for a very tongue in cheek moment because we had the big pay to win argument recently regarding Bronze Beard, I just want to say, like I think someone said the other day that like I can't remember where I saw it, like the boost isn't pay to win, and I'm like brother in TVC with the professions and like, you know, let's say that the tailoring cool down or what have you like, you don't think that's pay to win, Like that's you know, vestige. Do you want to do you want to help me out here, brother?
Speaker 13: Yeah, I didn't see as it is still pay to win in his essence, but I didn't think it was that much pay to win, as in, everybody's already cleared that content, so therefore it's just skipping the content to get to the current content.
Speaker 1: So now we're grading pay to wins like Earthquakes, Like is it a six point six on the rich scale?
Speaker 14: Win is always a scale?
Speaker 1: Come on, No, you're either get the label or not. It's it's black and white.
Speaker 9: I mean you could say, yeah, well, I mean there's gonna be always some sort of pay to win in a game, no matter what you know. The current versions of the game have absolute pay to wins already, So I mean, I don't know what you say. Let's say, okay, there's no goal buying. Well, there is goalbuying in the game, so therefore that's pay to win. Okay, go buy and exists, So therefore there's paid to win in the game. So what then do you stop playing Anniversary because there's paid to win?
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 1: I smell a rabbit hole cooking. So I'm going to take a quick side step a very I'm hitting a one on my controller for the mad and Duke around this topic.
Speaker 4: You guys both just did a very good job of I immediately ping ponged between the two of like, damn, he is right. Probably shouldn't sell me five boosts because then I will have just like Original TVC my four tailors in Shadow Moon Valley pumping out my yeah fucking shadow Weave or whatever it is. But then he said that everyone else is buying gold, and you go, you know what, I should be allowed to cheat toes.
Speaker 1: Very good.
Speaker 15: We'll see that thought.
Speaker 9: I'm saying, like, okay, if there's one boost, I'm like, okay, I could find live with one a boost per account.
Speaker 14: Okay, I could live with that.
Speaker 9: But they're like, oh yeah, you could boost as many time as you want, all the accounts, Drane or a Blood album.
Speaker 4: I'm like, yeah, I think that's.
Speaker 9: So there's a scale here that you got to go down, you know, if it gets too far one way, I'm like, that's not what I want.
Speaker 1: Just so I will get to everyone, I promise. I know a lot of you are very politely sitting there quietly waiting for your chance. But we will get to everyone. I just want to grab this person before they fall asleep, because if you didn't feel the room get colder just then, and dogs start barking in the neighboring properties, and the bats start flying overhead and wolves. How Arcos has just entered the room. Arcos, Hello, how.
Speaker 4: Are you.
Speaker 3: Hey?
Speaker 2: I heard the I could feel in my moother's that my name had been invoked just earlier. Yes, I just had to show up. And it's like when he should not be named for it exactly.
Speaker 1: Your dick started itching more than usual.
Speaker 2: Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 1: Okay, mat, Can I just get you to describe a little bit about can you individualize some of the items and the prices that you've seen on your server?
Speaker 2: Sure? If I maybe start at the beginning, if you started maybe in day one, and you in day one of honey, and like when everyone was on an even keel, and there wasn't necessarily like gold for sail, right or like not not that much anyway, maybe you survived for a while and you were able to get yourself up some farms or some like crafts on different professions to sustain you for a bit. If you play very casually if you don't use consumables of course, like you don't really need cold at all. If you don't rate, even if there's no there's not not much use for it. But I can. I can open the oxygens in the year right now, and Alex, Heir of the Mongoose, Like, the last time I was reading was twenty seven gold each. Yep, it's down to like fifteen now for me it's seven. Does fltuate?
Speaker 1: It's seven on dream size right now?
Speaker 2: Yeah, winter for firewater, we're talking thirteen colds for twenty minutes a puff. I would say it fluctuates a plus nine five. Let's actually see the Mighty Trolls blood portion, which is like fifteen hps or something. But I'm going to open up to them. The crafting involve me. So you if you just look at like stat alexirs right, like you've got Major Trolls pop portion it's twenty health every five seconds, like you're your average person might not use a portion like this. This is like eight to fifteen cold a pop, right, And I would never enter a rate without five of everything, right, alexro superior defense. It increases your armor by four hundred and fifty four an hour, same price. You're talking like forty to fifty gold a stack. Right. I don't use Elixir of Chance because I'm modified. I can cock. I use the eCos. They're like sixty six gold apiece and they last for twenty minutes instead of an hour. Flasks of Flask of the Titans has been around one hundred and eighty gold each. Elextro of the fortitude two three gold. They're pretty cheap to make. Like I said before, Mongo's twenty seven gold. You've got sharpening stones for crit those are like twelve gold each last for thirty minutes. You've got frost oil. If you're doing AQ, you got of course every resistance portion and like the first one is like a gold the nature shadow, they're about the ten gold each. You'll probably use two or three every rate. Let's see what more. If you're reading knucks, you need electro of poison resistance that's like two three gold each, and like it's on use. So like every time you have a poison on you, you have it macrod into your abilities so that it immediately removes the poison so you don't get like one shot. I might go through fifteen of these in one next one, I'll probably use five lips there's six gold. It's I'll use three four paps they are two three gold each. I'll probably use ten to fifteen my de race postion that's three gold each. Yeah, Like I don't know where more to go, like if if I go into spell par alexirs, like.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeahs asz As Cazalar is saying, as Cazalara is saying, though, as is it. And I've seen this around a lot on Reddit. Is it the case that everything this is just now everything was a lot more expensive a couple of weeks ago.
Speaker 2: Yess. I've been steadily going down and save for the past seven eight days, like there will be like Wednesday afternoon, it's it goes up, right, Like I bought lips yesterday for seven gold each and today there are like four gold dads right, so that there is fluctuation. It is going down. I don't know if they changed some spot or if some big networks with a lot of materials got a band or something who knows mate countdowns.
Speaker 1: Beloved priest talk star wants to know what's a sappa? Set your back on your server's.
Speaker 2: See they are three gold sixty eight. There you go, So it's like thirty six gold thirty It's cool.
Speaker 1: Rab Can I just spread the love round to the room? Please yell out? Guys if you if you're green, I'm fuck you. I might throw it to you. Have you been listening green? Are you right? If I ask you a question?
Speaker 3: What's up?
Speaker 2: Mate?
Speaker 1: Just if you heard a lot of those prices, I'm just wondering. Off the calf, We'll throw it around the room. How does all of that sound price wise to you? Guys? You know I don't raid you guys raid you know more than me. Does that disgust you when you hear some of that shit?
Speaker 16: It sounds really awful, especially like a plastic Titans being on this two hundred gold piece is pretty ridiculous.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and unplayable to me.
Speaker 15: The flash the worst thing. Like it's probably easier to get a black Lotos than it is to get a playboom running. You won't get anything. It's just horrible.
Speaker 2: Even in the middle of the night, like I'm I'm I'm behind server time right, so like they are one hour ahead of me sometimes and I've been online like at one a m. And the person in my guild is running up and down fellow fellow with complaining like I've been here for two hours. I don't even have one stack, Like they're getting nothing. It's just all getting picked.
Speaker 1: Twenty four Yes, play Bloom is forty gold a stack on fucking dream Size.
Speaker 2: Let's check.
Speaker 15: Running back to mister, should be around like eighty to eighty five.
Speaker 12: Yeah, one Night Slayer you're looking at.
Speaker 2: It's the cheapest stuck right now is seventy five gold.
Speaker 1: Jesus Christ, it's ninety five on Nights Players, seventy five on AU and fucking forty on dream Size.
Speaker 15: Oh it dropped, It dropped in half.
Speaker 12: The different this is close to them.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so yeah, does that make dream sythe seem a little bit more appealing?
Speaker 12: No, no, no, no Ah, you.
Speaker 1: Fucking piece of ship. We'll get you. We'll get you, son of a bitch.
Speaker 2: Yeah. But to go back to the like the what prompted this comparison, right, Like, I understand that a lot of listeners and a lot of people in the discord they they don't necessarily play really hardcore or like they might not want to bring all consumables.
Speaker 4: You can.
Speaker 1: You can just call us cocks it's okay.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, Like you're sitting in the cacchair and you're watching the Real Raiders with your wife, right, the.
Speaker 1: Real Raiders of Orange County.
Speaker 2: Yeah, go on, yeah exactly. But like for the player base that wants to perform, for the player base that wants to be competitive or you know, wants to compare themselves against others improve their own performance, yeah yeah, right, Like this is just the reality, and you don't really have the tools, or at least they don't feel like you have the tools to make a difference about it, right, Like you you make a choice either you want to play like this or you don't. And if you want to play like this, you either have to be like terminally online farming gold somehow and still it's rough like making and meat, or you just have to buy the let me say, like everyone's doing it anyway, I'm just gonna do it as well. And what I saw like early and I posted about this as well, is that GDKP isn't gone, like it's there. You just have to look behind the hood. You have to pay people like directly, you don't pay them with gold, you have to pay pal them Like I'm I frequent one pug right, I don't buy items from from the guy, but he did offer me and he gave me like the lowdown of how they did it. And I can pay with crypto, I can pay with PayPal, I can legit wire transfer him like with an ipand like international wire transfer number. But I don't think that's a better situation for the game to be in than are your old school gdkp right, Like, I think that's a better place for players to be in because they're not even though it's not necessarily many people, but at least you don't really have these things going on like under the hood where people are like transferring like irol money in between like personally right all through Classic TPC and DRATH, I attended GDKPECE or I made farms for I play the oxygens and using my professions and the stuff like that. And I think the pots really learned from that, like don't allow players to get access to materials like to play the oxens. Like they've just learned that they need to completely shut you out from the market. And this is the result.
Speaker 1: Right, guys look to be fair just talking about the prices and the cost of rating. For Dad raiders in this day and age, did anything Arcos said, resonate with you, guys. I'd love to start an extended conversation about, you know, the outrageous prices of consumables. You know, and we all know, you know it's because of bots and fucking IRNT and all that shit. But it does seem to be more prevalent on the more serious servers, being like the PvP servers. Like I said, the PvE service seems to be not quite as affected by this drastic inflation. How has this, all of this stuff affected the way that you guys are approaching and have played anniversary or are approaching TBC anniversary.
Speaker 4: If I was, if I were to be trying to write an anniversary, I would one thousand percent be buying gold if that's the current environment. I don't know if it's also a shift in my pessimism just towards Blizzard, the fact that they've let this happen. It's kind of like a fine, you've made the bed, you shit in it while I was sleeping in it, Well fuck you, And then I wouldn't even care if I got banned, because like they've let this happen. It would be interesting to know, Like with the Plague Bloom situation, I remember farming them when they were seventeen gold a pop, like one Plague Bloom seventeen gold in twenty nineteen, and I just I don't understand. Is it a case of like, have they actually broken the spawn rate and not realized it? Like has anyone checked on Plague Bloom Corp. And their production? Is the server actually fucking working properly, or is it actually boded to shit and they're getting HERBD from underneath the map? Either way, I'm sure like a little fucking GM could go for a swim through the land and find some bots and maybe fix it up. But either way, it's still it's Blizzard server. And the thing that's really disappointing is that then it's not like Classic where well we had like thirty fucking servers. You're watching one or two servers. I'm sure you can keep those ponds clear, if you know what I mean. So that's just all a part of just I don't know. I'm just disappointed in the fact that they can't even get two servers to not be infested cesspools.
Speaker 1: Anyone else on that before I take years you go, oh sorry.
Speaker 2: Can I interject with the like, of course, it's difficult to definitively say yeah, it's it's spots a lot rather than just the spawn rates. But like I host twenty month rates a lot, so I'm in the looking group group channel, I'm like finding packed players to do Silk group and the AQ twenty a lot. And like I after like two weeks of doing it, I started like every time a mage or a hunter would whisper me, I would always ask them like premptively, like if I sent you a capture, can you solve it? And like the intention wasn't for me to actually send them a cups and for them to actually solve it. But it's just their reaction, right, because the pots aren't just like mindless programs now that are running from point A to be like herping or mining, like they are going into twenty more and forty month rates. They are active in the looking looking for group tool, getting into runs, doing software serves like helping the rate exactly mil like they don't provide any value and just getting geared. And then they're posting the accounts on TTTT for sale. The amount of whispers that I get, especially from mates and hunters, Like every time that I create a group, they always and every sentence with sure, like do you need a mate?
Speaker 12: Sure?
Speaker 2: Seven six eight gear score or whatever? Right, I have needed to envite them a few times and before I figured it out right, like I had a few in the rate, and they are just keep returning, pressing three frost balls of post fight. They're not like te cursing. They don't answer like dms or messages until you're like threaten to kick them or something, and they then they're all surprised, like I'll do better. I'll do better. But it's when you start looking for it. It's easy to spot. But like they are legitimately everywhere and not just farming herbs, like the pods are every really were.
Speaker 1: All right, I'll take us down a quick tangent galley. I trust me. That's a two hour argument for another day. You know, I'm with you, brother on the whole where I've raised it on the show before going. But guys, we don't need consumables to clear the content. That is a hairy topic for another day. That will get Arcos very triggered, and I don't want to do that today. So but just know that I love you, and you know, we're on the same wavelength there, Galley in terms of our attitudes towards consumables.
Speaker 10: Yeah, and he kind of acknowledged that too, so so I think I think we are also kind of on the same page. But you know, I'll just be in kind of the other side.
Speaker 1: It's it's just it's a test right now. It really is the greatest litmus test right now on how far will you go to get your high scores in this game? And a lot of the player base is proving that the answer is quite far. So I just want to ask a real quick tangential question flowing on from what Arcos rais, and a lot of you have brought this up, going like, look, something funny really does seem to be happening with the gathering market in that it appears that there's just more than ever before bots just claiming everything from under the ground, from whatever. These nodes just are not out there. I've seen countless posts to the point that like, you can't you can't be dismissive of it when you see this many people complaining about it. It's not you know, one or two anomalies out there who you know wouldn't know how to fucking gather if they got a fucking manual on it. It's a lot of players going, look, i am sitting down for a one hour session, I'm going out to look for herbs and or and I'm coming back with like, you know, half a stack after half an hour or an hour, and it's it's like something weird is going on and it's gotten out of control. So my only question from this is, like, has something gotten so out of control under Blizzard's watch in terms of, you know, affecting a really key market in gathering, Like, is it a bad, bad, bad choice by a player to consider gathering in TBC because I've I know that I have been scared away from it. I am captain gatherer. You guys know that I love nothing more than running out for a while and picking up herbs and mine and mining are But for the first time in a long time, I've read the tea leaves and gone, oh, like, something's going on with the bots in Anniversary. I'm not touching a gathering profession. I'll just go skinning, which is, you know, maybe the easier gathering profession because you've actually got to do something to get the shit. What do you guys think on that.
Speaker 12: If you have a druid or a druidult like you stand a chance. Otherwise, don't do it.
Speaker 4: They said that they have boosted terror cone spawn locations and spawn rage. Yes, but I was a herber and original TBC and that was the draw that broke the camel's back of just like literally you're on your epic flying mount and the node would appear on your map, and by the time you flew down there was a hunter who had beaten you to it, and it turns out that they've been online for thirty nine hours straight doing the same thing, and you just go, you know what, fuck this shit, this game sucks, and then you just raid log and don't even try and play. So I found TBC gathering absolutely abysmal, the entire fucking expansion.
Speaker 1: To be fair, I'll just I'll just inject sorry, just voice say that. I just want to say. It's one quick comment from twitch chat where craud Bucket reminds us Josh, you know, to be fair, there's a lot more instance herbing and mining in TBC that that is true. Whether I would query whether or not it's enough to still justify the decision to go with gathering if things are as bad as they are, I'm not sure. Sorry, someone was going to say something, go for it.
Speaker 16: I was going to say, if they have enough to lock down multiple layers of a server for all of the various play Blue spawns, they can easily lock down the improved terror Cones spawns or whatever the hell Blizzard's cooking, you.
Speaker 4: Know what I mean.
Speaker 12: Yeah, we were talking about that in discord last night. Like terra Con is the new plague bloom. You can't find it in instances in TBC. You just have to get it out of terror krtvirus. And yeah, it's such a small zone and there are so few spawn points, like even if they double that, bots are gonna have no problem just sitting there on each node and you know, gathering.
Speaker 1: Boys. Unless anyone else has anything to say on this, Tangent, I want to come back to another big point while we've got it, while Arcos is awake, because we will start to lose him to sleep relatively soon. So if we're if we are old on that speaking forever, holday silence. If there's any gathering of Fionados out there, but ar Coss, I just want to ask you about to kick us off on and I'm kind of all over the place because, like I say, I do just want to grab Arcross's take on these things before he goes to bed, even though I would have brought them up ordinarily later in the show. But we got all this news about what's coming with you know, TBC anniversary, and it is different to what TBC was four years ago. There are some notable changes and we're going to go through all of them with you guys now. But kicking off with a big one is that the announcement that it will launch with post Nerve raid content. I am somewhat loath to bring up this conversation because we've done it so many fucking times on the show over the years. It really has, you know, it's become a bit of a groundhog Day esque argument when we talk about, you know, should elements of classic well be challenging blah blah blah blah blah. But when you make the content too hard, you scare away the player base. But the sweaties want something to do too, Like I just you know, it's like the gd I always like shudder when the GDKP argument comes up. Just fifty percent of it being like, fuck, We've done this ten fucking times on this show. I'm so sick of it. But Arcos, if you can find a wonderful, unique and entertaining way to discuss it this time around, how do you feel, Arcos? Because I just said that I don't think anyone cares this second time around with TBC Anniversary and I was talking about the boost and I was like, just fucking go nuts with the boost. No body cares. Nobody fucking cares anymore. We just did this shit and we're doing it again. So when it comes to the post Nerve reveal you as a hardcore raider Arcos, do you care? Tell me how you feel about this.
Speaker 2: Personally? Not really. I think the entire prayer vers like from top to bottoms. There are just so many different opinions, some desires, and ones regarding difficulty or lack there off. My personal opinion hasn't really changed since twenty nineteen. The primary reason that I play the game is to speed drun. That is the way to play the game that I find the most or get the most enjoyment from, and when rates are easy, that is very accessible to everyone, and that that makes the scene like the speed running scene more like a vibrant there's a little more people taking part, right, So with easier rates that is the case, we'll have more gills and groups and more individuals like giving their toesent into that style of gameplay, which I personally think is a good thing. But even within my groups of people who speed run like, there are still people who want the rates to be a little bit harder or much more harder, right, because they find in German in both we always we know that we will clear the rate like, no matter how difficult they make it like, we will clear it right, and will will always then go and try and do it more faster, right in a faster way. So that isn't really a concern for for some people, Like they want to have a difficult progression for their own satisfaction and then they know that they'll clear it and they'll start doing it faster, so they're not really taking into account the rest of the players, which I tried to do in my thinking, right, I think anyone who wants the rates to be very difficult is just playing the wrong game. Like, I think it's been made pretty clear that that isn't really what the that isn't very successful for player in the classic space. My worry for TBC is that you take away a big portion of the out of rate game with the quality of life of only needing to do Attuneman's one super button Net account. Most people probably just have one button Net account, even though they might have multiple in game accounts, so a lot of that stuff that they would be doing is gone. And then the raid is also very easy on top, so even for like a more average or medium group or guilt or PUG, they will get through their raid relatively quickly, much quicker than in twenty twenty one. So when you remove also the out of rate stuff, I'm worried that the player attention won't be there because they'll do the raid super quick, be done, and then they just log up. Really there, there's not much for them to do outside of the raid anymore. Right, That's my worry, But I don't care.
Speaker 1: It's fine, Okay, guys, I want to hear from everyone on this. It is a controversial one. I'll bring up. I'll just yet initial takes first, and then I'll bring up what the potential workarounds could be. Piggybacking off of arcos is anyone in sense or particularly happy or whatever about the post Nerve announcement. I'll name someone, don't make me name someone.
Speaker 4: I think if it was the right decision the first time, why would it be the wrong decision this time? Literally saved the fucking expansion the first time round. The entire playerbase was quitting at SSC because they couldn't kill Vash, So why the fuck would you put them through it again?
Speaker 1: I agree?
Speaker 3: I agree.
Speaker 1: I'll tell you this much. I'll just add to that, I'm on the you guys. You know, most of you listeners know my personal takes on the bigger debates over the years, GDKP, fucking nerving content, all that shit. I'll just say it again. You know, I am on the record saying I am personally fine with having the last couple of bosses of a Raid to be, you know, semi challenging, being like, you know, I'm I'm okay with a Raid not having a one hundred percent clear rate in Wow Classic, even though Wow Classic is about easy content and I've been really big on the beer in hand. Rating is the most important part of Wow Classic. I've always said, yeah, but you know, if you have the last boss or the second last boss or whatever be quite challenging, and like you know, that's the step up for the more semi serious guilds. Then I don't think everyone deserves every piece of gear in the game. That's just me. But having said that, that's my personal ideology when it comes to raids. I also have to take into account, like you, Biquit have said, the fact that we literally know, we saw the raw hard data come through last time. That all, you can't quit the game, you just straight up quit the game when you do feel that you don't have a birthright to every piece of gear in the game, when there is some semblance of a real game, a challenge, or is this just there's one boss at the end of the rate, You've just killed eight bosses, you got all your loot from that thing, and there's one boss at the end of the raid that is particularly hard to kill that you won't get loot from. You've all said, and I say, you you know the universal you know what I mean. Whatever you've all said, we will cancel ourself and stop funneling money towards Blizzard Entertainment if we do not get all the gear. I disagree with that but that that mentality. But I agree with Blizzard going, you know what, we don't want the player base quitting, so let's just give the baby the bottle and make it easy for everyone. I agree with that move. We've literally seen, like you be said, it is the right decision business wise. It's also the right decision game wise for a vibrant and you know, meaningful popular population. So I'm happy to throw my individual preferences in the bin for the greater good.
Speaker 10: I can chime in here. I a couple of things with that particular tier. It's it's tough because Kt and Vash both either will complete your foreset, which is extremely powerful for some stuff. So you know, you could struggle and do everything, but those last two bosses and you will not have people get four piece to your bonuses at all until you kill one or the other, and you know, eventually you can out gear stuff. But if you're if you're not getting four piece, you're not getting the powerful stuff. You know, you're not getting the expertise built, you're not getting you're not getting the big ticket items from the last boss of the trade. So it's like it's harder to brute force that I think it's the right decision. The elitist in me, who who did pre nerve fashion kt is, you know, makes me think, like, why not make it togglable?
Speaker 17: I don't think again, I don't think it would see much use.
Speaker 10: But because again, people like the chill raids, but it's a it's an interesting take.
Speaker 18: Well, Galli, Galli.
Speaker 1: That's the point I was going to bring up on the togg leble notion there, because like, again, tell me why I'm a fucking idiot for saying this, And I'm more than happy to be told that what is stopping Blizzard from going? All right, we'll just do what we did with all the other classic shit we've done, where you walk in the instance and if everyone wants the pre nerth raid fucking ten of you click on the orb to your right at the instance and you instantly get all the pre Nearth values for those guilds that want to challenge, and you get one extra piece of loot at the end or something.
Speaker 11: I don't know.
Speaker 17: Yeah, I mean I again, personally I love that idea.
Speaker 10: But then you know, Warcraft Logs would probably send them a sternly worded email saying, but then we're going to have to partition it so many different ways.
Speaker 1: Fuck Warcraft logs. He gives a shit about there.
Speaker 17: Every single Classic wild Player every.
Speaker 1: I know, I know, I know.
Speaker 10: Yeah, So it's just yeah, again, I think it's probably better for the game, But personally, I think hard content.
Speaker 17: Is good and it feels character. But again, that's not.
Speaker 1: The all right, guys, tear me to shreds here, go harder than Galley if you want to it. Is it outrageous for me to say, why don't they just do the option at the start of the instance for those guilts like Arcosts that want to challenge.
Speaker 15: Oh, it's not. It's definitely not, because you know, at the end of the day you can clear the whole rate, get your shiny gear, and then at the end of a phase you can say, you know what, let's go away in heart more and try it. That's just my opinion on that.
Speaker 1: Anyone else on this.
Speaker 7: No, not to like, I'll just create an echo chamber. I guess it's the same. It's yeah, the same opinion.
Speaker 8: I don't care.
Speaker 7: Like if Arcos wants to like people that play the game like him don't really worry about the gear or whatever and just want the challenge, go on ahead, I reckon, Like, why take that?
Speaker 1: As someone is saying in twitchat who we got here, we've got erdap is saying, hey, look, you know, Vashi and KT could be nerve, but they could leave the rest of the instance. What do you guys think of that suggestion?
Speaker 9: That's what I was thinking, was that, just uh nerf Vash and KT because those seemed to be the real roadblocks for people back in the day, and just leave everything else pre nerve for now.
Speaker 2: See how it goes.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it could work, could work either way with it is as it is now. I just out of interest. We've got like twelve people here, maybe eleven, not including me. Is anyone really really unhappy here with this decision to go blanket post nerve. No, So it's all thumbs up across the board. That's quite Frankly, that little mini tip sample we just got there is exactly why they're doing it, because, like I said, nobody gives a fuck anymore. Nobody gives a fuck. So yeah, there we go, guys, We'll move on because I mean, like I said, this is getting some pushback on the subreddit, but like as people are thinking, I think are rightfully calling out on the subreddit. This is one of those classic examples of an extremely vocal, very small minority going like re post nerve is bullshit. Give us pre nerve. It was so good. Look, you're more than entitled to have those feelings. But just there's a fucking tidal wave of opinion against that. And it's just a business it's the right business decision just to say, no, we literally just went through this. We're doing it differently this time. Anyway, let's move on, Gibbie, what can we tackle next. I've got some more changes.
Speaker 4: You made the reputations account wide or whatever offter you do it on one.
Speaker 1: Character, yes, so the attunement and reputation and everything. I mean, this is just nobody is complaining about this. That's a universal win, right.
Speaker 4: I have a mile. I mean I would have fixed the atumement problem in a different way, in that they haven't fixed the problem where everyone still needs to do like forty runs of ramps, thirty runs of underbog while leveling Oh okay, yes, seventy and you have to go back. I would have just made all the ke's honored and account bound or whatever the fuck they wanted to do, or just honored because then as you level your next character and just do even half of each zone, that character would therefore end up able to do heroics and you'd end up in the same boat as this solution anyway. But this, yeah, this still doesn't fix my main gripe with TBC as a whole, where we're just going to live in Dungeons sixty to seventy.
Speaker 1: It's a really interesting point. I'd love to hear from you other guys on this one, because I feel like we just went through this with SOD where they went super player friendly and just said, you know what, we're not doing stupid reputation, like, you know, stupid time investment wise, reputation grinds, Like we're going to make this quite friendly to encourage alts and whatnot. And I really feel like they've leant into this over the last couple of years of being like, yeah, we won't go the TBC route, and now yeah, with TBC Anniversary, they had that chance to sort of flip the script a little bit and they've opted not to because ordinarily I would say again, sorry to always do this, but the business perspective of me is like, no, good, keep the cunts in dungeons because it gives them like content to do, and they stay subscribed because they've got to knock out these fucking very long and arduous rep grounds. But the playerbase has pushed back against that in recent years, going like it fucking you know, time adds up and it's like, oh my god, I've got to do fucking you know, Black Moras or fucking you know, Shattered Halls or whatever for the nineteenth time.
Speaker 4: Tonight, I vividly remember you, Hunk, maybe Marcus your three day review, and you all sounded like you wanted to off yourselves because you spent twenty eight of the last thirty six hours in dungeons.
Speaker 1: Well, but that's because we got so Hunk and I got sucked up into the mistake of listening to all the content creators and the whole community going you must level through dungeons or you've done it wrong, because that way you get to passively get your reputation done while also leveling. And Hunk, can I still like, you know, we still like shut up when we think of those days because it was the least fun I've ever had playing. Wow. Yeah, we wanted to fucking kill each other like it was we spend way too much time together. It was, it was, it was so like antithetical to fun. So like, I am not I don't give a fuck about repping all that shit. I'll get it done eventually. I am not doing that this time around. You guys, do whatever the fuck you want to do. Don't get me wrong. I love dungeons. I'll do a lot of dungeons. But I mean the TBC leveling experience is this is a controversial point, in my mind, the best one there. I said it. I think that the sixty to seventy questing experience. So I'm not talking about dungeon grinding. The TBC quests and the path thing it takes you along and the jumping from zone all the zones, and I just think it's the best questing experience. As someone who quests a lot and has a million alts, I feel qualified to weigh in on this, and TBC did it best in my opinion, So I'm going to do the quest I'm not going to dungeon grind because I don't want to, fucking, like you say, jump off a bridge once I get to seventy, because I'm so fucking over the game. I just you know. I I will worry about the reputation later. All of you other guys, I would love to hear from you on this. Are you surprised they didn't change anything with regards to rep or do you think do you disagree with you being think that that rep grind is actually a good thing for TBC.
Speaker 12: I don't know a red at all.
Speaker 1: What you don't mind it?
Speaker 11: Yag No, not at all.
Speaker 12: I mean they could have sped it up, and I mean that on the answer is already in the game, right, Like each faction already has a tabird associated with it. Just link wrap games to the tabrin like basically double your rep gains so you're doing half as many dungeons to start.
Speaker 1: That's a good idea.
Speaker 12: I'd like the optimization of doing dungeons before doing quests because like that's the easiest way to get the wrap. I don't mind that.
Speaker 4: I think I was just gonna we mentioned this before this went live. You can keep your option. If I worked a Blizzard, I would have just gone through every TBC quest and just doubled its REP reward. So if I want to actually play the game how it was intended and have a fun time, in quest. I should get revered in every single zone comfortably. If I do even eighty percent of the quest in that zone, you should be brought. You should just creep into revered that way. If I do whll Fire, I do Zenga Marsh, a dinder Grand or whatever the fuck forest it is terre car forest. I should be able to go do a heroic when I'm level seventy, having done at least one run of normal and completed those quests and quested in the zone. It's flawed that I like, I love Outland leveling. It pisses me the fuck off that I complete Zanga Marsh through and through and then as a level seventy, I have to go do fucking Underbog with a bunch of level sixty two dungeon spammers to get revered so I can go do heroic Underbog. Like, that's just a broken system. Why can't they just go change every question from five hundred rep to a thousand rep. Problem solved and then you have two options. You can still dungeon spam. If you want a dungeon spam, go for it. But I think both pathways should get you.
Speaker 1: There, and at the moment You're right. It is really choose one or the other, because if you dungeon spam like you will miss all those TBC quests that are so great.
Speaker 4: I'm in your boat. I was. I used to get called a lunatic when retail went to pick what expansion you wanted to level in. I was one of these widos still picking Outland like quite recently, even though they all scream at you're saying it's so inefficient, you should do this one or you know, spam dungeons. Outlands is a fucking good questing experience and it's a shame that we minmax ourselves out of it. And like, I'm still going to do it the old school. I'm going to quest and I'm going to do Underbog normal for three runs and get all shitty about it. But it's just what they have. I just don't know why they couldn't fix it. We've been through this once already.
Speaker 1: I'll throw it to you other guys in a second. I just want to finish up. You be on this one point, all right, UV. I wanted you to get toxic, not really, but kind of if you want. You're getting some pushback on twitch here from beloved viewer dflight X, who has heard your call for reps to be dropped to on it or whatever to get the key, and he goes, he didn't say it this way, but I'm going to inflame it. Sorry, sorry, Deflight. I'm sure you're a lovely person, and I'm going to add some drama to the podcast. This fucking stupid cunt just wants the key given to him. What do you say?
Speaker 4: You be well that this my solution of it going to honored is just trying to match blizzards extremely low bar of how they fix things. I've given the better option of making questing valid or dungeon spamming valid, but I'm just going with the actual reasonable solution of that's the easiest band aid fixed possible that requires the least amount of work. But still actually I feel is fair to everyone, so I don't mind it. Like if you want it to be like I'm a nut case, make it fucking exalted then and we can all fucking suck together like they make it miserable for everybody. Put the key behind exalted. There we go.
Speaker 1: Well you said that the magic phrase for this week's podcast. We can all suck together? Ding Ding, ding tell him what he's won, all right, right.
Speaker 4: Now, it's I'm more. I'm it's not that the how it is is such a problem. It's just baffling to me that they just want to run the circus back like we we really it for ourselves the first time, and they're like, du'll be different this time. No we're not. We're gonna go fucking run thirty seven ramparts back to back day one. That's what we're gonna fucking do. So it would just be nice if they would stop us from doing it.
Speaker 1: Hey, Deflight, I should say, and this goes for obviously anyone who's watching along. Guys, you've heard the caliber and the nature of the conversation that we do here on the podcast. Deflight by all means you're more than welcome to join the discord and jump in voice with us. And I love the we you know, the whole thing is about the both sides of the coin. I would love the contrarian take here. If you want to go back and forth with you beyond this, please get in boys with us and have you say. We'd love to meet you. But you know, no pressure. It's just I'm happy to sort of bring up your argument on your behalf as well. But having said all that, a couple of you other guys who are about to say something and sorry I pushed you biquit us there, please jump in, guys on this point. Do you believe that the reputation system should be changing? TBC.
Speaker 10: I was going to jump and real quick and say, I think that is a universal experience that if you followed that five man dungeon group, you have horror stories and you hated your friends. And I still think back at the group that I ran with, and people would get mad if you ran off to do a hit a fucking mining node to level up.
Speaker 17: They'd be like, no, no, no, we need to go here, we need to go here. And it was. It was insane.
Speaker 10: And I actually I just posted the link in the discord if anyone wants to take a look at it.
Speaker 17: I still have it in my Google sheets. Yeah. That sucked. I would never do that again.
Speaker 4: Fuck that.
Speaker 1: Anyone else on this one.
Speaker 8: I actually had a good experience as far as the group goes.
Speaker 7: It's we've been playing the game together for years and just something about four.
Speaker 8: Out of five of us, was it.
Speaker 7: We just all gelled quite well and we all got bored at roughly the same time, and we just start scuffing pools and doing cooked stuff to try and make it interesting. Efficiency kind of went down the toilet, but it didn't really matter as far as the rep grind goes. It sucks. It objectively sucks. It's lazy content, And yeah, it's likely it'd be great if you didn't have to do it as long. That's that's my take on it, all.
Speaker 1: Right, fair enough, guys, If nobody says anything, I will move on to the next subject. So speak now or forever hold your silence.
Speaker 15: Yeah, might be some copium, I think, Yeah. I think Lizzard just doesn't want people in the outer world. I think they would have to open up so many layers. People would still complain that they won't get any mob tech whatsoever. And they don't want to hassle. They just want a smooth experience. They don't want to put in the work, and that's why they will never change it.
Speaker 1: Okay, Galy, you were going to say, Yeah, I.
Speaker 10: Was gonna say, I'm no stranger to rep grinds. I did the whole insane grind and rath of lich King and everything. But agree, it's we've done it before, either give more rep from questing or drop it to honored do something lazy. I mean, the boa thing is like cool band aid fix, but like you know, cool people are going to run dungeons anyways, but I don't know, just get people doing content. That's kind of what I've what I've learned is best is just whatever it gets people doing stuff is a win.
Speaker 1: All right, guys, we'll just reap through the really really easy ones that are just sort of no brainers. Everyone and their mother was expecting heroism and blood loss to be right wide now with the ten minutes, said an exhaustion da buff. That didn't shock anyone, did it? No, not at all, And it's the right move, right.
Speaker 10: Curious if it's going to reset after you've killed the boss. If not, you're going to have a lot of people either waiting out the ten minute time or between bosses, or or doing some weird ship because I believe in.
Speaker 15: The already stated that after a wipe.
Speaker 9: Or after a wiper kills, so therefore perfect it should.
Speaker 17: Is that good change?
Speaker 1: Did they do that for all major cool downs?
Speaker 11: So just for that, just for her rhythm and blood lost?
Speaker 15: Yeah?
Speaker 12: I think just all right, It doesn't really change the amount of shamans you're bringing to rad though, Like you just don't want to know.
Speaker 15: You're still gonna need totems.
Speaker 9: You're still gonna need five probably per raid, So it really is not going to change the meta too much.
Speaker 8: Oh my god.
Speaker 4: But now you've only got to give him a hand job. You don't have to rub their balls at the same time as well, because they'd wear a big pal class fucking last last time we did this.
Speaker 1: You don't have to swallow the gravy. Just cradle the bulls.
Speaker 4: Yeah, like you know what I mean. We're going to suck up to them a little bit less you can tell them how you really feel.
Speaker 1: Now, Oh my god, have you seen in the guild We've got like, what is it fucking thirty five hundred shamans already? Mm hmm shaman. I should say it's the plural whatever fucking gods, I went full stop rolling shaman people easy tell them.
Speaker 3: I was just going to count how many we have right now?
Speaker 1: Nine?
Speaker 18: Oh yeah, dude, Oh my goodness, it's at least what ten fifteen? We have enough shot And to the question is it really.
Speaker 3: Going to be our raid?
Speaker 18: Sorry, are totem is going to be raid wide? Have they said or answered, because a lot of people were asking them the bloodless totems? No, so you still have to drop.
Speaker 9: They never, They haven't said anything, So it's assume that they're still party wise.
Speaker 4: I hope they wait for Holy Shamans to hit sixty and then they say raid wide totems immediately from five six pair right to one.
Speaker 3: Still take two?
Speaker 4: Yeah, you'd take too.
Speaker 19: You'll still take at least two, but you'll take two rests and that's about it.
Speaker 14: I don't think they're going to go that far.
Speaker 2: What is what is we just take two? The kind of outside of theirs and elemental?
Speaker 1: I was gonna say, what is the shaman element? You don't know?
Speaker 20: Okay, you can take you can take one if you full stuck warlocks, but then you're just par one costo group over every other customer.
Speaker 1: What is is the shot? Let me see if this is a shoot me down? Either true or false? The shaman obsession in TVC is purely driven by raid slot itis, like fomo about missing out on the raid? True or false? Like are people? Are people just all rolling shaman because they want to be as short of a raid slot, or they all rolling Sharman because they genuinely love Sharman. In TBC, it's.
Speaker 4: The most of any expansion to play a specific class you could ever get, because it's like most class dominated utility role of all time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so half these counts don't even like playing Sharman. They just want to be in the raid.
Speaker 3: Quite possibly, as long as you're saying half, I mean genuinely playing Charman.
Speaker 5: See, yeah, I'm sure there are some people just like you're saying, definitely read slots are big.
Speaker 2: I remember warlocks?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, you've got a lot of warlocks too. And that's part of what turned me like I was originally. I was like, and I'm still setting you know, classic Josh, I'm still settling on what I want I wan to play for TVC, but I am heavily leaning Rogue. We'll get into that later. But I started out on a Warlock, and then you know, I turn off for me is when you start to see the amount of other Warlocks being created and they're like, fuck, there's a dozen Warlocks here. And I completely understand why I get the power of the warlock in TBC, but I saw that roster and I was like, fuck this. I don't want to be fucking, you know, competing for gear with a million people and also not feel I don't know, at least a little special. I like Marcus knows, I like to feel a little special, and quite frankly, I am a little special in my own special way.
Speaker 8: I know exactly a couple of interpretations.
Speaker 12: Get that fire is scary, You'll still be special.
Speaker 1: There you go? All right, So that's the the shaman change is done. The other real quick look at they're bringing in edit mode for the UI thing. Everyone seems pretty happy with that. All THEBP ship Sorry you go, you go, occass, and then I'll throw it to Marcus.
Speaker 2: The The people who are married to their class in TBC that you'll see are the warriors, because they they know going in that like everybody wants to like a clown on them right, like it's not your time anymore. Everyone has experienced now again the warrior stacktorates in PA's one twelve. So everyone who's playing a warrior in in TBC, like you can you can quit the much say that like they know that they're in for a beating, that people are going to talk shit about them a lot I'm ready.
Speaker 4: I'm ready.
Speaker 2: Yeah, But the like we say here, we were saying here and the racin at the end of the hot dog, Like it's the what's the cream crimpal crime or cream at the end of something.
Speaker 1: I don't know what's saying you're trying to say, but it's making me hony.
Speaker 14: Are you saying the dream rises to the top kind of thing?
Speaker 1: The cream rises to the hot doesn't like?
Speaker 2: Is that all of the Warriors know this right? But everyone who is like down on the Warrior and just like talking shit about the Warrior and TBC is really just exposing themselves as a person that has like no idea what the fuck they're talking about? Because Warrior and TBC isn't bad.
Speaker 1: No, we worked it out last time in a race, did we. Yeah, I'm saying the lesson everyone learned. No, the lesson everyone learned from TBC in twenty twenty one. His Warriors are actually fantastic, and we all everyone shot down Warrior, like all the content creator is everyone shot Warriors in twenty twenty one, going they're gonna be shit, They're gonna be shitped re Rah And then all the numbers started coming in and it was like you know, late twenty one, early twenty two, everyone's like, holy shit, Warriors are still base And so this time around, you're right if you haven't worked out from all the data we got back four years ago, the Warriors are still powerhouses in TBC, You're a fucking idiot.
Speaker 2: I think I still see it.
Speaker 4: SSC.
Speaker 2: I mean they are, they're the best in in SC, for sure, but they are like I think in phase one they were like the fourth highest on the overall output and in SEC and TIK. And take this into account now that we are getting like heavily nerved rates in tier five, Like the Warrior was really good, especially in SEC because the war look really out changed the Warrior once the Truspacs have six or more mobs, but for a SC, there's so many Truspects with like three four mobs in them. And that's where the your cleave outsides the or can outside of the world. It's not the same intimes to keep, but they're like merely issue in S A C N t K mostly was that it was so easy to die on trust, right, So as a coster, you're you're far away, You're you're much more safe, right. But in heavily nerves to rates. Now I could easily see like merely being way more valuable than it was even back in in TBC Classic.
Speaker 1: Of course, let me ask a quick question. You know, I'm allowed one dumb question per podcast. I apologize for this, so it is fucking stupid. But does a shorter or a longer fight favor a Warrior? And I know you're going to say, hey, what do you define as short and long? But just generally you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: Yeah, Usually in in the Classic, like expansions, a sort of fight will will always favor overor over and mostly it's it's the same issue that I have complained about a lot in Insulted maxraumas Warrior has like in the in the toolkit, these percent modifier buffer damage percent modifiers. So the closer you can get a past fight to thirty seconds, which is the uptime of deathways, that's usually like the golden type of range of a kill for you, because then you have one hundred percent uptime on deathways. Usually the same like goes in reverse for for casters, especially dot classes, like they need their dots to ramp up. So like I don't know what the BIS range for for a warlock is in in TBC, but like it takes them multiple costs to get everything rolling on their target.
Speaker 1: Right, Oh yeah, yeah, but I'm saying more. Let me let me throw these two sorry, let me throw these two differences. Like let's say the difference during a ninety second fight and a three minute fight for a warrior. How does it change things?
Speaker 2: A lot? Usually? But it also depends like do you can you use your cool on twice or can you only use it once? Yeah? Like the does the fight length go over that? Like there were some sims that I was able to make, or like we were able to make in fight Club in sout ware, having as tier bonus that made your death was cooled down like fifty percent less, so ninety seconds instead of three minutes. Just equipping that tear bonus on like later tier rates still gave you a big deps increase because you could use the CD twice rather than once or But the general rule of famasist that for warrior, the longer the fat goes, the worse your output will be. You'll you'll find some plateau and you'll just stay there when on pull when you pop your CDs when you're like mongoose PROCs and you you have your own use drink it on. You have your like haste postion rolling like that's where you have have your peak damage and then it's downhill.
Speaker 1: From Thank you for that, mate, Fred, if I can just key you up so sorry, I know you're listening in there politely. I just want to invoke your name because I saw you jump over from the Twitch crowd to the Discord crowd. Obviously we invoked the word shaman and that's what makes you magically appear in the room. And mate, just to let you have your say on the close out of the Sharman point we were making. You know, I was saying, like a shaman actually, like you know, just standard Sharman in TBC and everyone just overreacts because of the rate slot or is there something more to it? Mate? What are your plans?
Speaker 12: You know?
Speaker 21: I have several friends who are playing TBC very much interested in getting into it, so I'm still considering whether I play. I mean, I think that the changes are very interesting. Well, I think we'll see how it shakes out, because obviously in a totally unchanged worlds, you know, you just need the bloodlust, so it'll be really interesting to see how it is now. I guess that's all I can say. I don't have any interesting to say about it. I just I just get to listen.
Speaker 1: Really no, no, all good, mate, you do your think trust me. Okay, guys, let's move along. If nobody had anything else to say, let's go to Marcus. I said, the look the PvP changes. We've got, arena rating changes, the item requirements reduced or removed, Arena gear costs reduced. I think they got rid of teams. I believe as well. Mate, did you see all that PvP stuff?
Speaker 7: I slept on it, so it's a bit of a live reaction, but initial take is good. It's just just a change to improve participation at least I hope that would be the outcome, which is always good because particip participation.
Speaker 8: I was like, I played on.
Speaker 7: O C and I do believe that you're entirely responsible for the situation that happened there. There was there was no participation, and it died like super quickly.
Speaker 1: But we've truly got the meme now, the Grim Reaper meme of me with the face of me on the Grim Reaper. But it's like ten doors in the trail of blood with all the server names on it.
Speaker 8: Yes, yes, and yeah.
Speaker 7: The ocap VP scene was probably one of the doors way off in the distance, down near the vanishing point of the image, I'd imagine, yep, But yeah, it's that kind of thing will boost participation. You can play with you, with your mates. You don't get locked into a team. I'm sad I don't get to have the little team emblem of the angry peasant guy and then call my team pissed off peasants.
Speaker 1: But to be fair on the team thing, I'm getting the impression that every fucking man, woman and child was quite happy to ditch the team thing. Is that the case or not?
Speaker 7: Yeah, that was a good change when they've done it in what's now a modern version of the game, it was a good change.
Speaker 17: Then.
Speaker 4: I believe it.
Speaker 8: Would have lifted participation because.
Speaker 7: You just play games and then you get the rating that you wanted for that week, and then you just sit. You wouldn't play with your mates, But now I can sort of have like different people that I'll play the game with in different brackets or whatever.
Speaker 1: Now, mate, are we finally, after two fucking years of talking about it, going to do an arena together or.
Speaker 7: Yeah, well we've done a few in modern but yes, we will do an arena. Depending on which class you pick and which class I pick, it doesn't really matter, like who cares.
Speaker 1: Well, I think I'm leaning rogues, so I can go with anyone.
Speaker 7: Well, like I'll probably like I'm sort of leaning back into getting back to my roots of playing a mage.
Speaker 8: So, mate, if you like hooked setup.
Speaker 1: I would love to see. I would look, I've heard so much about it. I would love to see in person, what, even in the hands of an unskilled player like myself, what rogue mage does well.
Speaker 8: The thing about it is that it takes a little.
Speaker 2: Bit of coordinate in the history of a Yeah.
Speaker 7: It takes a bit of coordination, Like you've got to get your setups right. But you know, if we weren't lame pilled, we could probably practice that in.
Speaker 1: The world coordination. That's where I'm a viking.
Speaker 2: Will I mean the only more wheelchair come that you could play would be rod grow right.
Speaker 7: Yeah, it is like Arcs is correct, Like it sucks because he's usually correct, but it's just such a blood instrument his correctness.
Speaker 2: I have a lot of fun because you will win a lot of games. Just when the door open, your cloud will show the other team and you'll be like, yeah, okay this this winners in the back.
Speaker 7: Yeah, and that's like the like the two best words in the English language is default, right, but a rehearsal to be able, like when you are challenged to be able to pull it off.
Speaker 8: But when you do, man like Wow.
Speaker 1: Look, voods voodoos here in the background, going can I come to So he is playing a voodoo. I can't believe you rolled the priest. When you think of think of your friends, like we all have a million people that we play Wow with, but like think of your mates that you play the game with and the last class in the world you would ever picture them to pick or you know, engage within in any way, shape or form. I have never thought of a bigger contrast in my life than priest and voodoo. Voodoo? What brought this on? The guild needed to heal a mat Oh God, you're a sweetheart.
Speaker 7: Really, I can fulfill my lifelong dream of saying to Voodoo, keat me up.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah yeah. When you when you when you take one hit and you get dropped to ninety three percent healths the heill where's the heill keep me up?
Speaker 3: Hat me up?
Speaker 8: I'm making a play.
Speaker 4: What was saying?
Speaker 1: Arena threes? Yeah, there you go.
Speaker 8: The PMR.
Speaker 7: We used to call it PMR, you know, I see gine, so like that's the correct way of saying it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, did you actually say PMR. That's very strange.
Speaker 7: Yeah, that's what we go, dear, but that yeah, yeah, we wanted a bit different to the set bos On Frostborn. Right, we were better than most of them.
Speaker 2: So for for both both your like r M and r M P, you will you will very quickly learn like the basic script of how you should play, like how's it start? How how should go about right? And that will carry you through like ninety eight percent of games going by that one script of who engages in what manner, uses which ability in which sequence? You you will get by like nine.
Speaker 1: Oh no, I'm going to play a terrible quote unquote Yeah.
Speaker 2: Would come with experience, right, voodoo.
Speaker 1: I just presumed you were doing the Shadow Priest thing, but you actually would heal for the Guild, would you be?
Speaker 3: Guy?
Speaker 11: Yeah, I'm doing strictly Healer full of Shadow for Freeze, but I'm going to boost the warlock.
Speaker 1: Up there's too many of you. Look at Easy Green, Voodoo, all these guys that are like for the guild. I love you guys. You're better people than myself and Marcus.
Speaker 4: This disc priest. Rogue is very strong in TBC as well, So you've got options here. If Marcus pisces you off, you can go play with Voodoo or vice versa.
Speaker 1: Marcus could never piss me off. My fucking comrade in arms over there.
Speaker 3: It's a good, good.
Speaker 1: Thing, voodoos.
Speaker 4: If Voodoo is not interested in Shadow Priest, if you have, if you know someone that says that they're gonna play shadow Priests in TBC, hold them close, check in on them weekly, maybe buy them a Christmas present, because I reckon there's going to be fuck all of them after well, we all rolled it and it's fun for literally twelve weeks, and then the class is absolute dog doodo by the end of SCC that no one's gonna want to make that mistake again. Shadow.
Speaker 1: It's funny you bring up Shadow Priest because it's the last class. I've said, I'm pretty much like I'm leaning towards Rogue, and I'm really enjoying my time on Rogue. So far but like one of the last specs just I want to cross off my list to try just to make sure I do or don't like it, is shadow priest. I'm really intrigued by shadow priests. I might not like it, but I've like the you know, everyone knows rogue is. You know, TBC is not exactly the best for the PVEE rogue, but like, I've been more than happy to play it because I just like, you know, I'm being a weirdo and going like I'm happy to be the util guy in a heroic you know, the thought of like sea seing shit everywhere all over heroic just floats my boat because I'm a fucking weido like that. But you know the concept of you know, hey, guys, I'm not here for my damage. I'm here to fucking give you the man of battery shit as its shadow priest. That appeals to me as well. I'm just I'm trying to be Captain Utility in fucking TVC because I can't do anything else.
Speaker 4: You've got to really go hard on appreciating your role as a shadow Priest in TBC. But it's kind of like the guys that love playing Shaman in classic and they know that they're worthless except for their totems, but that makes them happy. The problem is Shadow Priest actually has a skill, like a skill floor in TBC, like if you're and the entire point of your utility is actually how well you can execute the class. So it's the same role, but literally the polar extreme opposite. You don't get to just chuck a stick on the floor and go, I've done ninety eight percent of my job. Literally, the more of a sweat lord you are, the greater the Shadow priests utility becomes. So that's why they liked me, because I went pretty hard in TBC on it. But phase one just tricks you. They're all multi dot fights, so you get to feel really fucking good about yourself and then you realize, oh no, my damage is really bad. When they don't give me eight ads to shadow word pain in Mag's lair anymore, Holy fuck. And then you're like, I mean, you'd be lucky to out DPS a fucking heelo.
Speaker 1: By the end of the can I ask the dumb question? I think I know the answer, but I want to ask anyway. For my second dumb question of the podcast, I'm breaking my own rules here, but I literally I'm a freak. I go to sleep thinking about this stuff. The last thought that went through my head last night before I fucking closed my eyes and went to sleep was as a shadow priest in a dungeon. Let's say you're in an pardon me, let's say you're in a heroic dungeon in TBC. As a shadow priest, you pull a five pack. There's no cc anyway. You just fighting five mobs. Do you, as the shadow priest v and and shadow word pain every one of the five mobs? Or do you focus one? I'm not sure.
Speaker 4: I usually minds control one because the mobs are so fucking strong to mind control, they'll do more damage than you. If it's like three mobs, yeah, like and some like I remember, is it shadow labs A fucking there's like jewel wilding sword mobs or whatever. You just MC one and just use its order.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah yeah. But I'm saying. I'm saying for the man of battery purposes, is it better to just get a ve and shadow word pain on as many mobs as possible? Or is it more manner just to ve the first mob and start mind blasting and shadow the you know mind flag and all that shit.
Speaker 4: If you're talking about purely your manner output, I imagine the single target would be better, But I think you'll do more damage by multi dotting, and it's probably a better Like it's better to do that, right. If there's things to dot, you just dot, like your dots are so strong, Like in Mag's lair, I stand in the very center of the room, so I can just fucking dot everything. And it's not my problem with our pull threat on like the eighth one that no one's paying attention to, because you know, details is all that matters.
Speaker 1: Speaking of speaking of shadow person, the word fear keeps up here. You just mentioned the word fear, and the word fear is now appearing in twitch chat, and it just triggered me because it just reminded me of and I know a lot of you guys easy and I've talked about it this a bunch over the last week or so. A lot of you guys are already missing some things that we just had on Epoch that have now been taken away from us, and we're fucking crying ourselves to sleep.
Speaker 3: Me as a.
Speaker 1: Warlock on Epoch, like mucking around with my Warlock on TBC Anniversary, I fucking died that. Now my fear is back to the old fear that they run away to squillion miles an hour, they go so far. On Epoch, they changed the way fear works for a warlock in that you could now fear with reckless abandon quite confidently in a dungeon because they ran half as far away and they didn't move like they just ran that regular speed, not at like twice the speed. So fear was really really fun as a warlock on Epoch. And now I'm back to it being like, it just feels like shit that the way that the regular game uses it. But that's just me easy. You've been missing some things from Epoch as well. Maybe ak, that's all right, but anyway, that just fucking triggered me. But the whole fear change, But no, it's not changed, you know what I mean, going back to the way it is. Boys, Let's keep it going, Let's talk a little bit, let's have fun, let's open it up. Let's let's go a bit divergent because we've covered most of the news, guys, classes I mean, we've already started talking about it. Who's who's leaning Uv, what are your leaning.
Speaker 4: Mate, I'm playing a Warrior because I don't like the look of any of the casters in TBC, except for Shadow Priests. But I don't want to do that again. Like in terms of how they play, Warriors still has buttons to press. Uh, Malay is almost always fun to stand in there to avoid dying. But with that said, who knows as soon as you give me your boost knows what I might end up rolling?
Speaker 1: There you go, Oh god, I think I'm already on the hook for buying Hunker boost because otherwise he won't play the game. Who knows, Marcus will will have to fucking tie him to a chair and convince him to play some more TVC with us. After the dungeon debarcle last time.
Speaker 7: Yeah, it would just like promise him there'll be no dungeon debarkle this time and then hit him with a big dungeon.
Speaker 1: He's already said, he's already said he refuses to level in any way, shape or form, which I respect. So I've like, I'm half I'm half seriously entertaining, even though you know, again, for Arcos's purposes, hypothetically, I might just fire up a second account level and a character for him and just hand it off to him once it's.
Speaker 8: Seventy Yeah, yeah, hypothetically of course.
Speaker 7: Yeah, hypothetically, Yeah, I can drive it into him because I think he'd like, he would get some fun from it.
Speaker 1: Oh, he would love to He always says he would love to raid with us. He just says he's at a point in his life where he refuses to ever level ever again.
Speaker 8: In Wow, what about Classic Plus?
Speaker 1: Surely I think Classic Plus he might do.
Speaker 8: Yeah, yeah, yeah, let's hypothetically do that.
Speaker 1: Yeah hypothetically. Hey, you other guys, let's let's fucking throw it around the table. Who is who knows what class they're playing? And he's pumped for it.
Speaker 6: In TBC Me Warrior, I'm keen why I've been taking a bit here and there on you know, dream Safe, and I'm just yeah, I don't know the way I've played Well, my whole life is get to Max and just do PvP and like just like PV just seems like too much time. But now I'm giving it a bit more of a go. Yeah, it's been fun.
Speaker 1: Look, I'll push you on this one, camp see because I love the sound of your voice mainly, but also you actually raised a point that kept me up at night over the last week. I Laz messaged me ten days ago and goes, what are you going to play in TBC? And I go Pro Warrior, Brother, This is once I'd moved. I've gone Warlock, pro Warrior rogue, doing the classic Josh thing. But I said, yeah, brother, prop Warrior, let's fucking do this, and Galley boys just raised. He goes prop Warrior in TBC. Geez, you better buy some Bengay for your fucking hands, and look at.
Speaker 3: Me I did.
Speaker 1: I did hours of YouTube research on the prop Warrior in TBC over the last week. I've been watching a fuck load of content and it really does just seem like, look now, I'm not dunking on the prop Warrior choice, don't. Don't fuck up what I'm saying here, but what I will stress is it does seem to be incredibly accurate that look, at the end of the day, you will be working fucking hard, smashing buttons like a can't just to maybe hold sixty percent of the mobs in the pack, and fighting for your life in doing so. When you sit there and watch the palette and who pressed one button and never lose his threat can be frustrating. How do you feel about it?
Speaker 6: No, No, that sounds like a good time to me. We go Yeah, No, I like a challenge, and I feel like, I I know, like it's not just a you don't just walk through everything, but PV in Wales and in Classic Wells like not the hardest. So you know, learning a three button DPS rotation doesn't really you know, ring my bell, so I'd rather do five five button sounds a right.
Speaker 1: No, I agree that the Pro Warrior is a fuck load of fun to play it like. It's a very engaging class. That's why I wanted to play it. The thing that steered me away is like, it's not it's not working hard that turns me off. It's not fucking smashing the APM. It's I would die if I was smashing the APM, doing everything right, playing as perfectly as I could play in a heroic five man as a Pro Warrior, and not being rewarded with blanket thread, which it seems like you are just going to constantly have two mobs running off doing whatever they want because you just can't spread the thread as much as you want.
Speaker 2: That sounds ships and if you go into into rating as well. It's like, I'm not saying that you necessarily will just for the like especially I think this is the most felt on Eldin. You'll you'll just die and you and everyone in your raid will know. But if you were a Faerl Bear tank, you wouldn't have died.
Speaker 1: Wells on that difference, can I just say, let's get I'm dying to get a bit nerdy, because you guys know, I haven't done the fight, so I don't know what I'm talking about. I'm just relaying the commentary that I see on Reddit back to you. Now are costs. The overwhelming opinion that I've seen regarding prop Warriors on Ilidin is that, I look not overwhelming. That's probably not fair to say, but a lot of people go like, oh mate, fuck off. Prop Warrior is the best tank for Ilodin. Fucking I'd love to see that Paladin or the Druid on and she.
Speaker 10: That's that's pretty accurate actually, and maybe maybe like later phase, I mean, I know you could get to a point where drew solo tank and even fire resistant tank the ads, but early phase warriors.
Speaker 17: Are very good against shere, particularly because what is.
Speaker 1: It you hit that, you hit the block or the cool down on it or something, and a mitigates a bunch of it.
Speaker 17: Yeah, shield block that thirty second cool down if I remember incorrectly.
Speaker 2: While yeah, you could block every single year, but it's the time it's width shere that's kind of can't fuck the way. I guess my experience having a Warrior through most of TBC was just was not great.
Speaker 1: But sorry, go Galli, I was Gonnay.
Speaker 10: I'm pretty sure when he comes down it's a threat reset, which of course is like also one of the biggest issues. It's you know, it's I played Pro Warrior and I hated being that guy, that fucking boomer that was like, please give me three seconds. Like again, I'm not I I did Arena for the threat gear. I you know, I'm not a fucking potato half asleep at my keyboard, you know, but I was. There were times where was like, please, I just need a second to just grab arcos.
Speaker 1: Let me throw you off with this. I sorry, kick you off with this one. Sorry erdap is probably with you and against me on this one. And again, I'm fucking I don't know, I'm just saying what I read. But he goes prop Warrior stinks on Ilidin. No, that's not right. People want to burn the boss in phase three. Warrior has the worst thread of the three tanks. Pali's can easily reach the cap early in BT and that that's true. I have heard like I don't mean to shoot down the Paladin tank on Ilidin because apparently it's not that big of a deal to just get the gear that you need to be able to deal with sear as a Paladin tank. What do you what do you think of all of that arcos?
Speaker 2: Okay, so oral, every all of the three tanks and TPC can do all of the tanking jobs that need to do it in TBC, right, you just it's one of them, Like depending on which one you're playing or playing with, you just need to ask yourself a few different questions, right, And it's a good point with Ilden. Are you okay within the last phase where you want to burn the boss as fast as possible to avoid like just people dying from fucking blue fire or green fire or whatever red if you have a Warrior tank, you're just gonna have to tell everyone, like you take your hands off the keyboard when he lands for three, four or five seconds. Let the boss hit the tank a couple of times so that he has like rates and he can press his buttons and then you can start playing the game. That's just a just a not really a negotiable thing for a lot of groups, either because the players there just aren't smart enough to follow instructions and not touch their keyboard, or they just don't want to read. If you have a bear, he can and it depends on player, of course, but he can gear himself out of all of these issues. He can just have such a high health pull and so so good thoughts and defensives that he just doesn't have to have to think about any of these things. Like he just does the threat and he survives the damage. Right, Personally, I would always want to have a pair main tank and a Puddadent trust tank. But you also know that all the Puddadent tanks they want to be the main character in finally they have a tunt. They have very main character syndrome. They want to be the guy. But then like they don't have the threat that the bear has, but you know they can gear every which way.
Speaker 1: Very good, very good, very well said. Thank you for that. But yeah, look, I will stress something that Arcos mentioned there, like all the tanks can tank all the shit in TBC. It's just that some fights are particularly good for prop warriors. A lot may just be better for Bears and palis. But I get the impression that, like you know, I don't know, fifteen percent of the content in TBC in terms of raid bosses is actually quite ideal for a prop warrior, but the rest, yeah, not as much. So what do you think of that? When you hear that camp scene?
Speaker 6: No, that's all good. I mean again, I'm not like, you know, some of someone was saying, Josh, you're going to make it to BT, and you're like, I doubt it. I'm like, yeah, I doubt that too myself.
Speaker 1: I just want to well, I flipped on that when I was like, you know, did somebody say the word we're joking about the glaves. I've been talking a lot about glaves, but I'm half I'm half joking about it. I'm like, fuck that, I've got to make it to BT for those glaves.
Speaker 6: Baby, Yeah, you've taken the rogue killed leader position to get the cleaves.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Yeah, but no, I mean, it's all good I'm not taking it that seriously. I wasn't even going to play TBC. I only want to play because to get ten percent of that experience of playing on Epoch because the boys have moved over.
Speaker 1: But yeah, well I said, the one thing that will keep me away from BT is lightning solid. If they drop it, that's it, that's it.
Speaker 6: I'll shift over immediately to that.
Speaker 1: I think a lot of people would. Arcos has got to change pants already that we just mentioned it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's a good question in Twitch though, with the post and avalanch cap help change the tank prayer. I think that's a good thought experiment because if the passes do less damage than the defensive part of the pink setups is probably irrelevant.
Speaker 1: Is that so dumb? Dumb again? Third dumb question post nerve. Does that mean less boss damage or just lower health pools?
Speaker 2: I don't remember. I don't remember, honestly, I just I don't remember it because once the nerves came and we stopped caring about the raids and we just afk our way through them.
Speaker 1: And well, I guess even lower health pulls would change the landscape if your tank doesn't have to stay up as long.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like no, like with a lower helpful on the boss, you want to burn it faster so you can avoid more mechanics. So then just threat per second becomes keen in my opinion. Well, I don't remember. If the damage of the process was decreased. I think so, but yeah, honestly, just don't know.
Speaker 1: All right, Vestige, what are you playing and why are you excited about it?
Speaker 14: I'm leaving towards the Shadow Priest right now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you want to be you want to be the guy everyone you just want to be loved.
Speaker 9: Yeah, that's pretty much it. Nobody wants you there except when you're not there. Then they realize, oh shit, he actually brings a lot of man to the raid and we need him.
Speaker 2: But fuck is DPS.
Speaker 9: So that's pretty much where I planned to be. Yeah, Shout out Pretty is just very engaging rotation. It's just very fun to play.
Speaker 14: Yeah, that's kind of where I'm leaning towards right now.
Speaker 1: All right, Zada, Sorry, I don't know if you're there. We've had you sitting quietly in the corner this whole time. Mate, I love you, Do you know what you're playing for? TBC? He doesn't love me back. That's a right, he'll be afk. Who we got here? Parallax? Mate? How are you?
Speaker 11: I'm all right?
Speaker 1: How are you good? Do you know what you're playing for? TBC?
Speaker 11: No, I have no idea, although once the boost is out, if you can't use it on a paladin, I'm going to be bombed because I might invoke my jo Viajellini.
Speaker 1: Well they've already said, mate, unfortunately you cannot use it for a paladin.
Speaker 11: Well, maybe they'll change their mind.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I feel like I feel like a lot of these decisions could be changed in the next couple of months, so we'll see.
Speaker 15: Real quick.
Speaker 1: I was going to lose a human paladin, true, Galli, what are we gonn saying?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 10: I was gonna bring that up earlier, and I didn't want to say the word like they set the precedent with MOP, because I understand it's a different game. But with MOP released, they allowed the boost of Panderan and monks and them not doing Chouman and Paladen is just a very again, weird thing to do.
Speaker 17: Yes, maybe they will walk.
Speaker 1: It back and and can you remind me how many people rioted because you could boost a monk in MOP? Gally boy, I have no idea. D zero zero was the number I believe because nobody gives a fuck anymore.
Speaker 10: Nobody fucking cares, especially with round two of TV. Yes, I understand that I could understand them being cautious on the first time, but we've done this before.
Speaker 1: Kills me anyway, what was I gonna say?
Speaker 4: Uh?
Speaker 17: Was class checking on people?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 1: Yes, there was something. Oh no, sorry, Parallel raised the boost point which we haven't talked about, which we should talk about. I made the joke about the low low price of seventy nine ninety nine for the fu USD for the boost before. This has been a really big talking point.
Speaker 3: Guys.
Speaker 1: Look, the boost, you'll have to remind me, was a very different price four years ago. I mean, we can talk about inflation and whatnot, but fuck me dead, they're really going forward this time around with the eighty dollars USD price tag. Is that correct?
Speaker 3: Well?
Speaker 9: I think there are I think the planners are going to have just a boost by itself, but it's going to cheaper have that where we're that I've heard I've heard some data mining going on.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, well, yeah, to be fair, this hasn't been announced it's just been data mined, right or what? No, did they announce the analyogy and you can buy it right now?
Speaker 4: You can buy it on the shop. But I think what they're doing is like at the moment, you can get the super epic version, which is in Australian dollars like one hundred and thirty bucks or something, and that gets you fucking amount a toy, some pet, all the other bullshit and the Boost. So you're gonna you have to pay one hundred and thirty Australian to get the boots, yeah.
Speaker 1: Because because the other package, the cheaper package, does not include the Boost.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it doesn't have it. But I reckon that they're just putting this on the shop and then lo and behold come like January fucking fourth boom. You can buy the Boost just on its own, But they're not going to say that you can do that now because then you won't buy this one. Yeah yeah, yeah, And so I mean, and I'm really not that excited, nor can you use any of the things that they have on there right now, So like, I don't know why you'd rush to pay this extortion at price for this version. Yeah, So probably its singularly you're right.
Speaker 1: Can I just say again, I mean it is fucking outrageous in aud just for all Uassi's out there, one hundred and twenty seven dollars and ninety five cents for the boost like that is. Look, I get I get that there's other shit. I shouldn't just say for the boost. I get that there's other things in the package.
Speaker 15: You know.
Speaker 1: It's just that's a very high That is literally the price of like a brand new top tier Triple A game. Like, like, it's even more. The COD costs one hundred and ten. COD costs one hundred and ten when it comes out. This is one hundred and thirty.
Speaker 4: That's like how much I paid to get like the fancy Pants Edition of Battlefield six coming out at the peak of its pre release hype, like pre order price. Yeah, like one hundred and thirty and you've got some shit with that.
Speaker 1: Granted it comes with thirty days of game time. Wow, thanks, But like that, this is.
Speaker 2: It gets so much in my opinion of mounts and toys.
Speaker 1: Who cares?
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, it gets two flying mounts, epic flying months. You get up ground mounts, and you get some pats and some toys and some horse storm shit that nobody cares about.
Speaker 1: Are those are those?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Are those epic flying mounts? I thought they were regular.
Speaker 2: Well, I'm assuming because it's another Drake that it's an epic moment.
Speaker 3: Also crossover to retail to you.
Speaker 1: Okay, if that, if that's an epic, If that's epic, that is a game changer. Like someone just said that, that does shift things a little bit.
Speaker 3: I think I'm assuming.
Speaker 10: Is a TVC where the mounts are still cheaper, but the training is the one that's expensive. I mean, that's still saves if.
Speaker 2: You do another Drake quest together for free. Right, that's my.
Speaker 4: Memory, remember.
Speaker 1: Basically, so it's like buying.
Speaker 17: It's like available until later, Right, another Drake.
Speaker 4: Quests getting an epic mount skin doesn't mean jack ship. It's the fucking writing costs.
Speaker 1: The cost, that's what That's what I'm saying. You're effectively buying five thousand gold, right.
Speaker 2: If you get the training with it, you're going to give you.
Speaker 4: You reckon, they won't, no fucking chance, they're not going to for fucking then. That's why I like, that's useless to you when the fuck you're gonna have five thousand gold to get epic flying. So it's actually it's more of a ripoff for you to buy this package.
Speaker 1: You know, don't get but that's what I'm trying to get to the bottom of. Is this a one hundred and thirty dollars by passing of the five thousand gold needed to get fight or not? So then if it doesn't give you the epic flying training skill, it is a massive ripoff.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and like the al right, sorry, the the economic warlords that are here, five k ain't fucking nothing in TBC. Like, that's the it's the most ball ache gold sink of the fucking expansion in my like from the average player, it's not actually easy to get five k gold epic flying.
Speaker 2: So you can just buy.
Speaker 15: Leapt for their epic mount back in the day.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so break down the cost of the pack, right, it's eighty dollars. Let's assume that it is an epic month. We don't know.
Speaker 1: No, let me let me just say, let me just say this, arcost Archos arlest let me just say this, Doctor pez in Twitch is saying, bundle mounts scale with the skill you have and always have has been that way.
Speaker 2: Yeah, right, spread, Okay, if we assume that it's not epic. Then then you're paying like twenty dollars for flying month. What's that thousand thousand goods to fly?
Speaker 4: Right? Regati, you won't be able to do you won't be able to cast it if you don't have the writing skill.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, so yeah one once, that's right, So you have to you have to get a flying writing skill, and then you can use this thing, presumably, and it will just scale with I bought the one thousand regular you know writing that will go at that speed, and then once you're up by the five thousand you know writing then will upscale to that speed.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but it feels weird to a pack that has stuff in it that you can't use.
Speaker 10: Well, that's just you know consumer when like, well, so so what what what would likely happen is you could because I think they did this with Wrath. Well, you can use the flying mounts, but unless you have ground flying unlocked, it's a ground mount right right, right, so then you know you can you can walk around on your another drink, but then you need to hit whatever the fuck it is sixty eight to get flying, and then you get slow flying, and then it goes to sixty percent or one fifty and then when you pay the five thousand for the epic writing, then it goes faster.
Speaker 1: All the real gamers know the walking around on europic Mount is the way.
Speaker 4: To do it. Yeah. That just just to really confirm for everybody. TBC has these slow shit flying when it's not epic.
Speaker 18: It is horrendous.
Speaker 4: It feels like you're swimming in the air. It is not one fifty, it is sixty percent.
Speaker 7: It's fucking hope that they would change that, right, But they ain't changing it, are they.
Speaker 4: I still remember the disappointment of like getting it and then taking off from Shadow in Valley and going, oh no, I'd rather just go on off ground.
Speaker 8: You're running along on the ground faster and you take off like a brick wall. It's like, oh.
Speaker 2: Yeah, let's still if we still break down the cost of this, I would I would expect a singular boost, like just one boost, to be around four dollars.
Speaker 7: It'll be eighty bucks, man, It's it's just eighty like it's eighty bucks like it was in mob it is in retail it's eighty bucks.
Speaker 1: You mean eight you mean eighty au.
Speaker 7: D whatever, sixty USD eighty a eighty AU So, yeah, sixty for boosts.
Speaker 8: That's the that's the price.
Speaker 2: If you take away the cost of this or like it's it's sixty sixty five dollars outside of the game.
Speaker 1: Time right to be again, to go full ogre c sweet guy. In all honesty, I want to talk to the businessman in this room. Would you release the boost standalone or would you just presume it will work out and you'll make more money if you just keep it to this package.
Speaker 2: I would give a stand alone, but only once you've bought the bundle first.
Speaker 1: That's you need to edit that out before they do it.
Speaker 14: You buy three boosts, you can do it on a blood oh six times.
Speaker 4: Yeah, if they're not going to cap it to one per account, I would only sell them in bundles of five, so you have to hard commit. And it costs like three hundred and sixty dollars to get five of them for a minor saving. So it's either you get five characters that you get none. That that would be my take.
Speaker 1: It's like buying hot cross funds. You've got to get the fucking old.
Speaker 4: You can never get one of them.
Speaker 2: It's it's a bad time for me.
Speaker 1: All right, man, thank you so much.
Speaker 4: Drops his.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, yeah, oh god, that's funny. But anyway, yeah, I mean, look, guys, I understand that you are getting something for your money, but like that that price is like Blizzard has been very well known for some time now for their ridonculously exorbitant digital prices. You know, I still I still laugh when I see the price of a name change and shit like that. But they charge it because they get away with it, and like I'm look, I'm not saying like obviously a bunch of people are going to buy this boost that's fine. Fuck, I may even buy one. I don't know. I am leaning against it, like the price when I saw the price, so I've got the money. But when I saw the price, I really did like get the EG and go like like no thanks, I'll just level the character. Fuck.
Speaker 11: There is a there is a cap to it though, to where it's not worth the money, Like if they start getting really greedy one hundred dollars, then a lot of people wouldn't buy it. But the hours you save paying sixty dollars, I mean, dude, unless you're making like five bucks an hour like at your job.
Speaker 1: That's yeah, yeah, yeah, I get that. I get that, but well, if I.
Speaker 14: Haven't been subscribed in five months, you know.
Speaker 1: I'm just like if I get if I get half a level a day for the next two months, I'm ready and I don't have to pay that money.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 11: See how if you really love leveling, then don't don't fucking buy it.
Speaker 8: Yeah, it's a quote big les eighty bucks.
Speaker 7: Eighty bucks. That's slab, a piece of pack of Winni blues. It is gets some bitches over and the boys. Yeah, you know, so like fucking there's a million things I'd rather spend.
Speaker 4: That on a slab.
Speaker 8: A piece of a pack of Winni Blues is one of those fucking things. I can assure you that.
Speaker 4: I wonder if the steep increase in price is because they acknowledge the gold price and this is still a much cheaper option than For example, if you were to buy gold to get boost by those friendly majors, you would spend a lot more than what this boost cost is. And I I mean, maybe it's two tinfoil hat theory, but it's a bit of a coincidence that gold was a lot cheaper last time, so the boost was a lot cheaper, and now gold's fucking expensive compared to them, and now the best is more expensive too. It's almost like they're on the same sea.
Speaker 11: Saw always.
Speaker 15: There you go.
Speaker 11: Unfortunately, they will always have the excuse of just saying, well, it's to get your friends who haven't been playing, you know, cut up to everybody.
Speaker 1: Mm hmm, all right, well boys, we'll have a bitch about that. We'll go back to the fun stuff. Who didn't I press on what they're playing? And why let me think, Campcy, you said you're playing a warrior. U he's playing a warrior. Voode's playing a priest because he's a fucking chad. Vestige is playing a priest. Who else we got here? We've got like likeno, mate, are you there? You've been quietly and politely sitting there in the corner. How are you?
Speaker 2: Mane?
Speaker 22: I'm doing great, mate, I'm going to be sticking with my warrior Mane. But this time around, I've got badge of the swarm Guard and thunder Fury.
Speaker 1: There you go. Look at it. Look at all these fucking warriors. Here we go all over again. It's happening. Very good, very good. Love your badge at the badge of the swarm Guard cast it. You're stuck to your mage.
Speaker 4: Right, Uh?
Speaker 3: Not really?
Speaker 4: I mean.
Speaker 23: I'm probably gonna end up just using my mage for I don't know, farming and whatnot.
Speaker 1: Oh well, sorry, we didn't talk about you won't be using it for boosting, will you? Because apparently there's anti boosting mechanics on the PTR.
Speaker 3: That's right.
Speaker 23: So yeah, so I'll probably end up using them for my farming. Most likely I'm going to end up going druid.
Speaker 1: So there you go.
Speaker 23: Boys, let me know if I'm going to go Resto or Boomy.
Speaker 1: So decisions, decisions. But boys, there's the next tangent to crawl down. Fucking what do you reckon? Blizzard old stepping up to the plate, And I mean we malign them for doing things like launching in January and being like so fucking anti listening to the players, but then they come along and go, you know what, fuck you no boosting in TBC, which is quite frankly, what I think is something that a lot of players have been asking for, like can we fuck all this boosting off?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 14: Because they're they're selling a solution to it. Yeah, of course they don't want it. It's not listening to the players at all. A fucking pocket book.
Speaker 1: You're very good.
Speaker 17: Also like a little late. I mean, they've done this at the point.
Speaker 14: Like they don't they don't care.
Speaker 1: True, it's true, Like.
Speaker 10: I'm pretty sure these changes were in some like they've done it in Vanilla before. Yet for Anniversary they're just like, fuck it, let it, let it run rampant until until well, we want to make the change and then look like the good guys.
Speaker 8: Yeah, they provide a way for you to just buy it up until such a time.
Speaker 7: They don't give a fuck. That's why their their intentions are not pure with this one. So like it just sullies the whole change. Right, I'm a mage. I can boost, I can do it well, and I'm happy to sacrifice that for the betterment of the game. But it's not for the betterment of the game betterment of share prices.
Speaker 15: Damn it.
Speaker 1: You're right. They could have done this month ago and they didn't. Fuck them.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I'm happy it's there, but it's just purely to sell I mean, you know, I mean, I don't know how much major boosting goes for, but transfer that to dollar.
Speaker 1: But again, this just comes back to this makes the other thing even more baffling. If we are going to be so openly just shop shop shop, which again I get it, like I'm not an anti capitals like I'm much you guys will know. I'm much more pro corporation than people realize, like people should be encouraged to. You know, we live in a capitalist society. Making money is you know, whether it's fortunate or unfortunately, part of the game. Go out and make your money, make as much money as you want. That's great to the extent, not to the extent that you become predatory though, is kind of the line. But what I'm saying is I'm not against Blizzard making money out of this game that they've built and cultivated or whatever. But like when everything is built to really shovel you towards that store, like then I get a bit more of the ick about it, like we say, And just like when you see something like you know, the the anti boosting, I don't know, I just fuck, I had a thought and I've lost it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, go here's one quick thing too.
Speaker 23: And this kind of goes back to you know the cost of the epic pack for you know, the Outland Epic pack, so you can a pair of the costs, it's eighty USD. But when you go to look at like mop and it's character boost, all the character boost itself is sixty. You get thirty days a game time, that's fifteen. So you're essentially spending an extra five bucks for a few extra gadgets and some mounths. It's not much of a difference if you really think about it.
Speaker 1: I am fuck. You know that when you have a really good point and you lose it mid fucking speech. God, I feel terrible now. I had a really good point there. I've just fucking lost it. No, no, no, I lost it while I was speaking. I'd literally like like fumbling as you're about to cross the fucking goal line.
Speaker 15: But it all pretend.
Speaker 9: It was enlightening and thrilling and completely changed the game on whatever conversation was about.
Speaker 1: Thank you, thank you, thank you. Oh no, that's right. I was going to say, this makes the decision not to boost Paladin's and Shamans even stranger, because, like we said, you've now gone, okay, we're introducing anti boosting mechanics, and like you guys rightfully point out, well, that's just to sell more boosts. Well, if we all know the boost is the cash cow, it's literally the golden goose, and everything is being designed to funnel people towards clicking that button to boost your character. And to the point that you're now going to introduce anti boosting mechanics to fuck all the majors on the server and get rid of that part of the game and push people to boost via Blizzard, then that makes even it makes it even stranger that you can't just buy the boost for Palatin's Shamans. If the ultimate goal is we want infinite purchases of this one thing, why did you curtail that one big element of it. It's so weird.
Speaker 4: Yes, it's one of those decisions that kind of goes against like they're doing eight shady things that will point towards being the villain, and then they're doing this one thing that's like, no, no, no, we believe in the good of the game. That would be bad for the game, so we won't do it it. Kind of, I don't know, maybe it's just throwing us off off this sense like.
Speaker 9: I think they're gonna I think they're gonna offer a boost for uh blood elfin Drene, like three.
Speaker 1: Weeks after maybe maybe we shall see.
Speaker 14: It won't be at lunch, but it'll be quickly after lunch. We're going to offer it.
Speaker 1: Guys. Look, we'll just we're two and a half hours in now, we'll start to hit the you know, forty five to sixty minute long wind down. But let's just shoot the ship. I'll throw it out to you, guys. I've been dictating conversation right now, but I want you guys to talk about what you want to talk about with regards to TBC. You know, is there anything that that you're busting to bring up with regards to RAID content or what you look? What are you looking forward to playing? What are you not looking forward to playing? Are you apathetic about TBC? You're excited? What about your classes? Guys, let's let's do the pub thing. Who wants to kick us off? I've got a quick tangent for us, Yeah, go mate. So one of my favorite memories of playing on anniversary nights Layer was dicking around in Hills.
Speaker 22: Bred World PvP with you, Marcus in Voodoo.
Speaker 1: It was so much fun.
Speaker 22: I was hoping you could give us a little insight into why the re roar. Yeah, PvP over to PV.
Speaker 1: That that's a fair thing to bring up. And look, people are more than warranted as always to call me a piece of shit, as the Marcus and Ubiquitous and the boys will frequently do for completely justifiable reasons, because it's like a lot of people have said, and I'm in the same boat like Josh hang On. We played for six weeks on nights Layer, like a whole bunch of us, got like two or three tunes up to like level thirty or forty or whatever, and then we ditched Anniversary when we sort of decided we didn't want to do Vanilla one Excepter again. And now you come back to Anniversary and tried to pull all the Countdown people back onto it, but inexplicably you've changed servers. What fucking gives more than warranted to bring that up. At the end of the day, I'll just say the same thing that I've been saying to people in the disc which is just look, fortunately or unfortunately, I finally did reach the point of my life where I'm just like, it took me seven years, but I now understand PvP servers and I've decided that I'm not into it, and it fucking sucked to walk away. I had a level forty one warrior on a Nightslayer. I had a level thirty two Rogue. I had a level thirty three Warlock. Those are characters I would have loved to have just picked up and run with now that we're going back to Anniversary. But I was more than happy to abandon those uns because I'm just like, I'm fucking done with PvP and Jack's left us. But like Yak and sorry, I should. This is huge shout out as well, guys. I said Dreamsithe Hoard, and yes, the Countdown guild will be on dreamsythe Hoard. If for some reason you are still on Nightslayer and you happen to be Alliance, Yak is over there with some people too, so don't feel like you don't have options. Yaks, Yak and have tunes over there. They're fucking amazing guys. If you don't want to change servers and you really do have something set up over there, please link up with Yak and Green via the discord and they'll point you in the right direction. So huge shout out for their guild as well. I don't want to make people feel like, you know, just joint countdown or whatever. But like, in all honesty, Icono and a bunch of people will have something to say on this. But like I had to come to Jesus' moment regarding World PvP, where I was just like it dawned on me where I love World PvP, but I realized that all the people I was killing, ninety percent of them are not geared for PvP and are not spect for PvP. It is truly just wolves feeding on sheep. And I'm like it started to as this dawned on me more and more, I started to get less enjoyment out of it because, you know me, I like a good fight, and I'm just like, so like all these like I don't kill Lobi's, you know that. So like let's say TBC, for example, if I'm a level seventy running around killing level seventies, I'm not really I'm not really killing level seventies on an equal footing with me. I'm killing some cunt who's gone out to farm his leather, who's in his full PvE set, not even spect into his PvP build. And it's just like the odds are so heavily shifted in my favor, just from the outset, so the wind started to feel really cheap. Once I realized what was going on, and it took me a really really long time to realize that. Then the other side of the equation is yes, of course, I'm not going to make it sound like I'm the fucking big tough guy here. I also did get sick of just being the victim of two or three people just rolling through you on their way from point A to point B. You know, I'm out in the open. Here's literally a fight I cannot win, and these three guys running to their dungeon are going to steam roll me in one shot me because they're just bored, and why not. That's you know, hey man, PvP on a PvP server. Totally accept that, not saying it shouldn't be done, but it's just it feels shit. I do not enjoy fights where you do not have some semblance of a foot in the door in regards to you know, what could happen in that fight. I want as even though people say it's impossible, I want as close to a fifty to fifty or fuck, I'll take a seventy thirty chance to win that fight. I don't give a shit just make me feel like I can, you know, at least compete, which is why I'm so anti lobi stomping. But as as I became aware more and more that you know, eighty percent of the fights I'm getting in on PvP servers are not the kind of fights I'm looking for. You know, I'm not that nerd that just likes to stomp. I don't get an erection over like, you know, just fucking picking the fight that's a ninety nine percent chance I'm gonna win, so that I'm bragging to my fucking dog about it. Look at that Rex, see me fucking teach that nerd fucking not to come round my neighborhood again. Like it's just lame. I hate that. The amount of Wow players I fucking hate is bizarre for a guy that runs a show about Wow. But you know, you're all cool obviously except for ubiquitous But like, you know, it's just I really have a growing disdain for the level of nerddom and weirdness that Wow players will take the game too. So that's that's basically it. I started to shy away from PvP servers, and I basically said, this time around, look for the first time ever. I'm going PvE. My body is ready. Fuck it. Call me a dad, call me an old man who can't handle it. I'll see you in arena. But just I'm just not doing it in the open world anymore.
Speaker 3: It's fairh that's fair.
Speaker 4: I'm sorry.
Speaker 22: Yeah, I guess the reason why I brought up that Hills Brad memory. Part of what made it so distinct is that we were intentionally fighting people five ten levels higher than us. But that's obviously not the normal.
Speaker 3: Do you know why?
Speaker 1: But do you know why we did that icono? Because we're fucking big with that and we're more than comfortable with the size of our penises.
Speaker 8: Yeah, Like, there's still there's still things we can do in the world that may.
Speaker 3: Lead to that.
Speaker 8: A trip to Iron Forge on a PvP server is just a trip to a PV server.
Speaker 3: Essentially, so.
Speaker 8: There'll be that if the guards aren't completely borked. But punching down is kind of boring.
Speaker 7: But all the fights that we generally had when we're playing as a group were the odds were stacked against us. And that's even the ones like when we started leveling in mop Josh, like it was six seven V two for a lot of those, and it's going to be a shame to lose those opportunities.
Speaker 3: I gain.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I really enjoyed those. Like I said, I said on the show that those first few days of MOP was some of the most fun I've had in Wow, with you and me rolling around just two V fiving people.
Speaker 8: Mm hmm. We can get that in battlegrounds anyway.
Speaker 3: It'll be fine.
Speaker 7: But and like I'd be lying if I said that I didn't get I wouldn't say annoyed, but like just bored of three dudes just walking up and kicking me in the nads and then moving.
Speaker 3: On like on board of it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but you pay people to do that in real life, Yeah, hypothetically as our costs would say.
Speaker 4: Exactly something that I've I'm finding super jarring, Like on the on a tangent to what you're talking about is coming back to anniversary and it's you are stuck in your own little server bubble, Like, holy fuck, my body is so ready for just cross realm like full region, like retail fucking call it fourteen separate servers, And personally, I wouldn't even give a fuck if they actually managed to make it a way of like your server is your server, and then just to go like if you invite people to your party, then you go to like a second phase of your server. So like, if you're just solo and you want to pick herbs, you're not competing with the entire region and there's not going to be like a guy from Gurubashi, a guy from Crossmore, and a guy from here or there on your server. It'll all just be dream size players. But then as soon as you party, now you're in the oh, we're happy to be cross realm people, and then you just start seeing people everywhere. But yeah, just the cross realm flexibility from like retail and shit, I feel like I kind of need that now because it's a bit of a saw, you know what. I mean to just go, oh, well we made our decisions a month ago before we became pals, and well you're on your island. I'm on my island.
Speaker 1: Just that's and but there you be clap back at the people who have just heard that all the errors or whatever that hear that, and go, oh here we fucking go old Josh and the countdown crew throwing away server identity and fucking you know that what sacrilege. How far we've come? Remember when this show used to be all about fucking the old school values mattering tell them why? Well my point to that is, like, again, it's the second time we're doing TBC in the last four years. How many times do I have to tap the sign that nobody gives a fuck about this shit anymore? This is a four fundsies no one cares server. What would you say, you be?
Speaker 4: Yeah, well I think it's an outdated take, but I mean, it wouldn't really bother me. It's very similar. The example I'm about to give is very similar to the should Blizzard give us an Australia's over again?
Speaker 1: And the answer is no answer, it will always be known.
Speaker 4: But there could be a world then where they go, Okay, this is the designated gigaserver, but then look, here's the malnourished lower left limb. This will be a no, you cannot play with anyone else server its own little island, and that server can have one k players at launch and quickly become five hundred, and then they can beg for a transfer off. But could you could have like a cross realm battlegroup designation and roll on any of these six servers, and all these six servers can play with each other whenever they want, and then there'll be a separate server that's a lonely boy, and you can go and play on that if you love server identity. And I already know it's going to happen. I'd bet the house on it that that server would eat shit within like six months, because most people would as always just go with the majority, even if they're a neutral. So I don't know, I'm just I kind of I miss a lot of the flexibility, and like Epoch didn't have that because it was a single server, but it kind of it warned me up to just like it being a global server made it feel like a battlegroup, if you know what I mean, like a battle group server or a cluster of servers.
Speaker 1: So I still regret. I still regret going into bat for the creation of Maladath. And look, this is not This is not to say I am not anywhere near arrogant enough to believe that Blizzard does anything because I ask for it. They do not. Blizz It doesn't give a fuck what I think about anything. I can fucking guarantee you that, But I do regret being hit up by people prior to Anniversary Ossie's getting in my DMS, going mate, can you please just ask them to do an OCEE server and me kind of rolling my eyes despite up to that point on the show, I've been very anti oce service, saying don't do it, don't do it. People hit me up and said, mate, just just ask them, like, what is the fucking matter? Just asked them to do it, and I threw it out on I'm off Twitter now's leaded my account, but at the time I jumped on Twitter and I added, you know the server guy, so I have forgotten his name momentarily you guys El tom Ellis, tom Ellis. I hit him up and said, mate, look, even though I'm not interested, a lot of Ossies do want to know ce server, would you consider doing it? And he replied and said, yep, we'll do it. And I'm not saying they did that because of me. They would not have done that just because I asked. But like, I still regret getting involved in that because I just think it's a fucking abortion and I know there's a lot of angry Aussies who play on Maladath right now telling me to go fuck myself. But that's just how I feel. But anyway, not to sort of get into that whole can of worms. Yeah, what was I going to say?
Speaker 4: I'm just I mean, I'm someone shut me down if you don't want to hear the ramble. But I'm the main thing for me from this TBC TBC shit and just the changes that they made is it is just another few pebbles for my T plus uh copium that I've got going because it kind of feels like, you know, even just the edit mode, it's kind of proof that, like, you know, something's got to be going on in development for some reason. So this is kind of like once we get that in this version of the game, it's kind of like a beta test for it to run and be all perfected before you get like another Classic. But we're also just starting to see the first groupe of Classic moving to the what was then the Dragonfly client by getting this kind of stuff, and also like how fucking long it took for it to arrive.
Speaker 1: We've been been on the dragons have we been on the Dragonfly client for a while?
Speaker 4: Yeah, Like I'm pretty sure it was mid raft that we got moved to this. So it's taken that long, and like I don't know if it's just because like whether the game got poured across, but like, you know, you still have to link up all the wires for it to run properly, or like, is adding anything to this still a huge clusterfuck or whatever the deal is. But I am surprised that took that long. Like, as soon as I saw a whisper of it going to retail, I'm like, sweet, delete all my fucking UI ad ons. Just go back to default and edit it how I won. I'm surprised it took this long, but I'm glad that it's he and it does look.
Speaker 23: Like the one big thing that you know, it comes to mind, you know, being a programmer myself is Yes, the coding is technically the same, but like it was stated, I think earlier in the week or last week, somebody was trying to figure out why Wild Classic was running uh harder on their PC than retail was well, it's because it's outdated code, and to port this over to a more updated code is quite a bit of h.
Speaker 3: It's just it's, yes, it is. It's a lot.
Speaker 23: I ran MUDs for a number of years and I've still I'm still in the process of courting my the C plus plus program over to Python, and I had that shut down three years ago, roughly the last time I actually had any players on my game, and I'm still trying to upgrade it.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 23: With AI, it's different, you know. I actually found that it's quite a bit easier with AI.
Speaker 4: But it's just.
Speaker 23: It's primarily the network back end that is that that's quite a bit tougher to negotiate with with the technology and new servers. But I mean, give it some time. I honestly think that if we get to a Wrath anniversary edition, we're probably going to see some more stuff that you're going to see on retail, like possibly the one button rotation, you know, easy things like that, at the banning of certain add ons and everything like that, because Blizzard wants to initially incorporate all that into its games anyway, because they did reach out to those developers you know for these add ons and said, you know, how'd you do this?
Speaker 4: So yeah, it'll be interesting to see if we get there. I think they're coming out with like their own damage meter and shit in Midnight or whatever the fuck it was.
Speaker 23: A damage meter, the one button rotation, they're redoing their UI add on again, and there's there's most their own dBm, their own week ores type thing. Also, uh, there's gonna be a lot of stuff that's actually that's going to be banned as far as week wors goes too.
Speaker 4: Yeah, would you guys take all that in, like, say, C plus, would you let them in terms of the interface retail the fuck up or you reckon? Everyone would have a big old fucking soul saying no, I still extract manually into my add ons folder. Fuck you. I don't even like Curseforge.
Speaker 17: If it doesn't suck.
Speaker 4: True. I feel I feel as though we like that's one of the it's one of the funniest things about classic players. It's like, no, no, no, don't don't do anything, and then here we are we weak or this fucking game into C plus if we could, like we would, we would just weak or on week or on week or until it looks nothing like what it did before. Anyway, So like, I'm kind of on board for them doing that stuff because it won't actually change how the game plays if I don't have to install details, so.
Speaker 15: It might improve the game even and it even performance wise, it might be even way, way better than it is now.
Speaker 23: Yeah, dude, add ons, add ons eat up so many resources, it's unreal. I mean, it's if you just go back to a bone Stock game and don't load up any add ons whatsoever, you see a significant difference.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah. If I if I roll full default and like I hit enter on the character screen, like I just appear if being thrill as soon as you install like three out ons that you actually see it for like a second, and then every add on you add adds a fucking second to the load screen.
Speaker 1: It's crazy, Marcus, You'll get a laugh out of this. So I was having a giggle at a fucking old Swan's shown his face as soon as I started joking about killing servers, and he goes, you know, with one hand he ruins servers and with the other he gives them life.
Speaker 8: Yeah, yeah, just to ruin them later.
Speaker 1: Exactly exactly what I was getting at before, though, is just to bring it back to the point you were making ubiquitous about the you know, vibrant life of a server with fewer and fewer boundaries. You know, next episode, I do want to talk about Epoch and the things that Epoch did right, the lot of us are going to miss that we would advocate for in a classic plus. But you know, one of them was like, like, we're saying all these points about tearing down boundaries to players playing together, and one that was deemed controversial on paper but in my opinion, worked incredibly well in practice. And I'm going to get really, really, really animated and toxic about this point. Is the Howden Alliance being able to party up together within the context perhaps of a PPE server, So like Epoch, you know you could, and like, it's funny because I didn't tell this story yet. We're coming towards the end of the podcast, so I think it's probably safer safer to tell this story now where only the true die Hard Countdown listeners will be hearing the back end of the three hour podcast, as opposed to people that might just tune in for the first half an hour or so. But not that it's like, you know, fucking bad of me to say or anything, But I haven't wanted to make a big deal out of it to sort of protect him a little bit. But you know, Tim jumped in with us on TBC anniversary, and you know, he asked what server we were on, and you know where he would roll a character to find us, and he, you know, rolled up a Warrior sorry Warrior Hunter and got it to level sixteen, and you know, he might not ever touch the character again, but he dicked around with us for a couple of days there last week on TBC Anniversary, and it's always fun to fucking see him pop up. And at one stage we were chatting away in gild Chat and easy. I think it might have been you and me talking about the shared quest items on Epoch and we said, God, God, we missed those shared quest items. Like that was so good, just being able to party with anyone, like, you know, your parties flying left, right and center, and the fact that you could party with the Hoarde or the Alliance and just everyone's grouping up and getting the most out of these quests. It was fucking social heaven. And Tim, who normally like reasonably quiet, piped up and goes like, oh, tell me more about this. What are you guys talking about? And we said, oh, well, you know, yeah, if you didn't know, Epoch basically made it so that all quest items were shared on a mob's body, so everyone in the group could pick up the thing, so you didn't have to kill fifty thousand of the mobs, so everyone finished the quest at the same time. And also, you know, they had hoard an alliance you know, grouping, so that everyone was really just grouping with everyone getting their shit done. And it went down really, really well, and everyone was super stoked on it. Despite maybe some initial pessimism, it just worked on in might not work on paper, but it fucking worked in theory. And Tim you know, had a question or two going, oh, that's really good, and he you know, said something that resonated with me, which and I do believe the classic team has long sort of had this belief that you know, more question sorry more grouping is always good for the game no matter what. So whether or not that resonated with Tim, time will tell. But do you remember that moment easy that I'm talking about.
Speaker 3: Absolutely.
Speaker 5: Blizzard's pretty famous for taking other people's ideas and kind of perfecting them.
Speaker 3: So my hope is is that they look at something like Epoch and they don't.
Speaker 5: I don't know if it would be like pride or resentment or what right like, because there was a private server and it pulled people away, and no matter how you want to spend it, private servers are taking what Blizzard made and you see it for their own financial gain.
Speaker 3: I was a big fan of Epoch, so I'm not talking shit, but I do remember that.
Speaker 5: And then the rest of the Guild we just listed out like another ten to fifteen things that we enjoyed about Epoch, and Tim didn't respond to anything further. But it was really nice having him in the Guild and having this like glimmer of hope that maybe somehow we could present these changes in a way that would make them appealing or approachable for Tim and kind of the people who are in charge of making that Classic Plus program.
Speaker 3: There's a lot of good in Epoch.
Speaker 18: There were just so many things like shared quest items was huge, but it was cast.
Speaker 5: It was talking about it, and he'll tell you right now I think he misses the most is that when you kill a mob who.
Speaker 3: Has a summoned pet, the pet dies.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I mean he was saying that in guild over it.
Speaker 1: It felt so good. I felt so good.
Speaker 23: Yes, there's nothing worse than fucking killing anything. And then there is just like one shot bamp dead, Like no, I killed your owner, why are you still here?
Speaker 1: What was I going to say? So back to the Warde Alliance thing, like, well, we'll go harder on this in the next episode, so I don't want to blow my ward too soon. But just like you know, a lot of people will vomit hearing this, and and just to preview what I'm going to say next next episode, you know, I really do, unfortunately have a really angry line in the sand where I just say, if you didn't play Epoch, I don't want to hear from you. Because yes, there might have been some early skepticism or pessimism regarding Hoardon Alliance being able to group together on a PP server, But I'm sorry to tell you this, it fucking worked really well, and much to your dismay, everybody loved it. It was so warmly welcomed and it just fucking works. And guess, like we keep saying, guess what, nobody fucking cared, nobody cared.
Speaker 3: Felt really good.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I think I've probably fell into the didn't really care camp. Either way, it goes with that, there's benefits.
Speaker 4: I remember us talking about it on our Epoch episode, and I think if they go down the same path, it will absolutely kill the PvP realm population domination that it's had, Like it'll just overnight, PV servers will become the twenty.
Speaker 1: K player completely completely.
Speaker 4: VP servers will be like the four k edgy gamers that are what a coincidence they also like to fucking slurs in chat and they can just be their own little cesspool again and the rest of us can go be like happy Wow players.
Speaker 1: It would flip it on its head and PVEE would become the preference. I fucking guarantee you one hundred percent.
Speaker 4: Yeah, there's there's there's a very sizable chunk of players that don't care for PvP, but you just know that, like it will always be the healthier server even now, like there's not even the reason for it. It's literally just habit. At this point, you just go, n it's the safer bet. It's been like, you know, you're playing roulette. It's been black seventy four times in a row. Let's just keep betting black. And that's what rolling on a PvP servers like. So you need to actually change something that will make people consciously review their decision again, and like PvP servers, you can't change jack shit about them. You can't give servers cross realm or anything, oh sorry, cross faction or something that would just ruin the entire like theme of the server. But PvE is already like the fact that I go to Hills Brad and me and a human can't kill each other. It kind of dwindles it down and makes it less jarring anyway. That well as well be able to fucking group of them then who cares?
Speaker 3: Now?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think it would flip it on its.
Speaker 1: Head, ub. I'm happy to be guided by your judgment on this one. Not that it's a big deal. It doesn't really matter. But I thought, do you think it's more fun if we keep the Tim RFC run story just between sort of the people that were there? Or should I share it.
Speaker 15: For a laugh?
Speaker 3: That's such a good story, man, I don't know.
Speaker 1: I don't want to upset Tim. Do you think it's fun if I tell it or if I sit on it?
Speaker 4: I think we saw a hard working employee just testing the game's engine out and making sure everything's working. Fine.
Speaker 1: Agree, I wouldn't want to tell the story and have fucking loser nerds give them an excuse to be like, oh, fucking typical Blizzard. You know what I mean, what do you reckon?
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, I don't. I don't think. I don't think give the wolves any food. We can just have a laugh about it for eternity.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we wonder what the hell it is. We'll keep that one internal, all right, too easy.
Speaker 4: Until he's returned, and then we'll have a cackle about it.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah, right, so yeah, we we had that. It was so fun, like just being able to do a dungeon with Tim anyway, that that's as far as I'll take the story for you guys on the show. But yeah, it's it's one of those things that you know that they're obviously they're obviously making changes. They're obviously trying to get TBC Anniversary to be a little bit different this time around. Some of those changes might be fine. It might be financial. Some might be for the betterment of the game, like you know, hopefully the Terror Cone additions and whatnot. But we shall see what TBC twenty twenty six has on TBC twenty twenty one. But look, guys, like I said, I can't stress this enough. How do I explain this? Don't think I'm like not excited, but I'm not like busting at the seams to play TBC. That doesn't mean I'm not going to play it and have fun with you. I will play it. I'll play a bunch of it because I have nothing else to play, but stress on the because I have nothing else to play. It really is just Classic plus waiting room. But while we're while we're dealing with that, don't think it's apathetic. And guys, I really do encourage you. Please, everyone here listening to you know, like I said, you guys here at the three hour markt the true chads of the Countdown to Classic community. You are the real fans. You're the exact fucking people that we want to play with. Countdown has a reputation for being fucking awesome, mature, fun people. We've now, you know, fuck easy. How much drama have we had to deal with in like, you know, someone saying something they shouldn't have said in guilt chat or whatever. Literally zero, right, not a single time, not a single fucking time. Oh yeah, voodo his lick in his lips. Now, really, well, you have to hand this up.
Speaker 5: We've had a few people that really show up yet, and they're showing up now, So we'll see you in the d's head.
Speaker 3: But so far it's been amazing.
Speaker 1: Everyone is a fucking delight within this community, or the exact kind of people I want to play this game with. You are the opposite of the people that I slag on this show when I say there's so many wow fuck WIT's out there who do all the things you shouldn't do within the game. You are not those people. Please, if look, well I've said this much to people, if you want to wait for the boosts, I know we've just slagged the price of the boost and everything, but I very much so understand that a lot of people are going to pay the price, and that's totally fine. If you want to wait for the boost, wait for the boost. I presume a lot of you are, And I've said to people, look, the guild's got about, oh, I don't know, fifty five sixty five people in it right now. I have no doubt that's going to double or triple once the fucking pre patch comes. A lot of people will be sitting down and waiting for the boost. That's totally fine. But if you're boared shitless and you've got nothing to do over the next two months, come and we are very much so dicking around as easy and I keep saying, fuck, we don't even know if we're going to be playing the tunes that we're currently playing on. We're just in like just fucking around mode. Please come and play with us. There's you know a good number of people that have fifteen people online at you know, peak hours. Come and roll with us. Get what you're wanting to play, maybe going. We would love some tanks and healers as per always. We're a little bit short right now, but I have no doubt, like I said, once pre Patch rolls around, we're going to be swimming in fucking everything, I would think. But look, we want to somewhat replicate what we had with Epoch. I don't think we'll get as many as we did with Epoch because obviously we'll lose most of the Europeans. If you're a European, we'd still love to have you, but keep in mind obviously the rad times could be problematic for you. You'd have to stay up, well, they'd have to. Europeans would have to stay up till like you know, one am there time to finish the raid or whatever. But anyway, yeah, look I'll float the idea. Now, look, depend I think we'll get a lot of people. I would think we'll have more than one raid team for sure. One raid team. The raid team I'll be in will be rating on Friday nights, North American time. If that scares the shit out of you, don't roll with us. That's fine. But also don't be perturbed by that, because because we're content creators, you know, fucking bullshit guilds, and I can spread the word of this guild to thousands of people. We're going to have a lot of people in the guild and there will more than likely be more than twenty five raiders. So if you Friday nights don't work for you, don't be scared away because I got to virtually guarantee you there'll be a second rate team going at a different time. Easy checkon. That's fair to say.
Speaker 19: Yeah, Yield's growing well during some pretty lean times. And wow, so like you said before, a prepatch is really going to bring people out as worth ten and a lot of people are content. We just experiencing five and ten man content anyway. So yeah, I can definitely see multiple read teams going on different nights.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So look, We will figure it out. We'll you know, break people up into what their vibe is. Where there's one team wants to go a little bit harder, one team wants to go a be casual. I don't really care, but look, we're not gonna you guys know what the countdown vibe is. We're not really pass lords. We kind of, you know, move in another direction. If you are a sweaty player and there's nothing wrong with you, who really really cares about your passes, then then just hang out with us in discord. The guild probably won't be for you.
Speaker 4: Unless you want to speed run. Send your applications with a photo if you're holding a spoon to arcrosst gmail dot com.
Speaker 1: Yes, exactly, exactly. But yeah, Friday nights. We do Friday nights because it works well for the you know, relatively decent number of OCE players that we have, you know, Ubi Voodoo, you know Campsy, Marcus and I We're all OCE players. It's it's basically like it would probably be closer to like a lunchtime raid for us, like an eleven am twelve pm raid start on a Saturday, which is totally fine by us. So yeah, yeah, so something to look forward to there, so guys, yeah, yeah, yeah, exactly start to get excited. But yeah yeah, and you be sorry, mate, you didn't get the guild lead this time after we saw what you did with it last time.
Speaker 4: I'm very hey that guild's still alive, and I would say, my baby got murdered by greater powers than I. There you go, but I'm happy to be a peasant this time. No responsibilities, just slammer the jam hate the officers that you did, like you're seriously, I don't know if people take pity because I'm trying to level a warrior, but every time I log on, there's a gift in my mailbox, so I appreciate that.
Speaker 1: That's that's easy to everyone.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well there's who's like, well, maybe are they all easies? Alts? There's been like probably mean fucking gene.
Speaker 14: D I should you not?
Speaker 1: I should you not? There's seventy five people in the guild. Ten of them are easy terms.
Speaker 18: You like exists on the server before they guilded.
Speaker 14: Come on, now a minute, he says, you have a second raid group.
Speaker 1: I'll just be just his y.
Speaker 15: Yeah, told me.
Speaker 4: I second your your plead to people. If you want to come level like I I'm leveling the Warrior that fully, it's like expecting myself to only get it to like thirty and then just use the boost on it. Anyway. But if you like that, you know, if you want to do the first chunk of levels that do like r f C and whaling cabins and stuff with everyone, it's still pretty fun. Speaking of which, we've got to te up the r f C.
Speaker 2: We'll do it.
Speaker 3: We'll do it.
Speaker 1: We'll do it straight after this. I'm gonna literally end this in the next five minutes. So guys, Yeah, I can't stress enough. Don't don't be scared off, Like it's not like you can't you know, upload your logs and you know, we'll record the logs and upload them and fucking check your logs for improvement and all that shit.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 1: I'm not I'm not anti logs, but I am very anti people who make their their past numbers their their lives. And I won't allow people to bring that vibe to the guild. I really want to fuck that off. I don't want people fucking you know, we talked in discord about someone in the guild losing their shit because there was a wipe and they lost their buffs, like, none of that will be in the Countdown guild. I can fucking assure you, Marcus. You were saying, who's going to be the canary in the coal mine for what?
Speaker 8: Well, no, the canary m countdown is So who's actually in control of the guild?
Speaker 12: No, no, no, no, no no.
Speaker 1: So I think I think what we'll do is whether and we haven't had a chat about this, but I am I am the guild master. But I've said on the show multiple times in the past I should never be allowed anywhere near the fucking lead of a guild because I literally have no idea what I'm doing. I think that the shadow, that the person in the shadows pulling all the fucking puppet strings is easy.
Speaker 3: Very good. It's you man.
Speaker 18: Let's tell you, I'm not even remotely interested.
Speaker 3: None of us will go well, promote you be now, just promote them.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we'll do what could go wrong leadership to No, we'll just have the Council of twelve. It's fine.
Speaker 7: I did it first time around, and due to a due to a lack of shamans, it was ship that was so hard to find on Alliance Look.
Speaker 1: We'll figure out all the details later later, But like I said, I don't want to do, it's not going.
Speaker 4: To be hard to fully I successfully ran a global guild, thank you very much. A right that's gone on the resume, international corporation with multi multiple languages and people will vomit.
Speaker 1: But like outside of gearing the tank, I'm also like someone who doesn't care about running SR guilds. But I know a lot of people feel funny about that. But we'll see what happens.
Speaker 9: That going to be your job application, UV, where you said you ran a multi world organization.
Speaker 4: Or four hundred machine twenty four hours a day.
Speaker 1: Well, look, here's all we'll do. Guys. UV will go off and run an RFC right now on your Warrior. I'll bring my warlock in. Guys, let me know if you want to be a part of that. But what we'll do is either next week or the week after easy, I think we'll do the big Epoch episode that we've been teasing we do, so write down all your points about the things you remember from Epoch that you'd love to see in a classic. Plus, I think Green would probably be interested in a chat like that as well. A bunch of you would, and we'll really go through. That'll be the episode we send a blizzard with our list of demands.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Perfect, Yeah, it will hurt to reminisce of that summer flame we had a decade ago. But oh sure we can talk about it.
Speaker 1: It really it does already start to feel it's got that grease vibe, like I seriously feel like where John Travolter and that was folk was Olivia And.
Speaker 23: You start the start the pod with summer eleven. Just do it, just kick it off, good music, do it?
Speaker 4: There you go?
Speaker 1: All right, boys, look, let's all say goodbyes. Thank you so much all you Countdown Chad's out there. Thank you for listening up to the three hour mark. We fucking love you all. Come join the guild, no excuses, Come dick around with us boys as always, it's been a pleasure.
Speaker 15: See you guys.
Speaker 3: See it nomah in a minute.
Speaker 1: And that's the episode for today. Everyone, Thank you so much for listening into all of that. And I'll just resrate once again. If you've liked what you kind of heard through all of that and you're like, hey, I like the cut of these Countdown blokes jib, then come and join the Guild. We'd love to play with you. But in the meets. Oh oh that's a good podcast moment. Let's keep that in fuck it in the time. Let's thank the following patrons and the amazing people who keep this podcast to float. They are Flozy b Vucka, you fucking legend. I love you so much. What a good guy. Gra Evan Croxford, odd Ka Honey be Grimoire plays all the mighty Doloman, Jaron h vac Simile, all you amazing, amazing people. Thank you so much for keeping the podcast afloat. And the same goes out to all my lovely five dollars, two dollars and one dollar patrons as well. Thank you guys. The show would not be a thing if it weren't for all of you. Thank you so much. Throwing the proverbial coins into my guitar cases, I busk away on the side of the street and get people to talk about World of Warcraft Classic with me. Guys, look, thanks so much. That's pretty much everything. Like I said, get off, you're asked, join the guild and we'll see you on the next episode. Thanks everyone.
Speaker 4: The