Speaker 1: This is the JB and Sandy Show podcast. You can listen live every morning on one of three point one in Austin, or stream the show on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 2: Big event happening out at Emerald Point on Lake Travis this weekend that we're going to tell you about in some fireworks shows that are happening as well. But first I just want everyone to know, maybe you love Christmas in July, Hallmark's got you covered. If you love the Hallmark Christmas movies. They've got Christmas in July going. Oh is Hallmark known for any other programming other than their Christmas stuff?
Speaker 3: No? Right, no nothing. Do they even still make cards?
Speaker 4: I think maybe a Hallmark store at the mall used to be a thing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was. They've got that going on.
Speaker 5: It's real proud of their cards.
Speaker 3: Their cards are not cheap.
Speaker 5: You got her.
Speaker 6: It's going to be a really good card to throw down some money for it.
Speaker 2: You're right, Okay, So there's an event, and we're gonna give you the big firework shows in just a second. But there's an event going on out at Emerald Point, which is Highland Road, Lakeway, and there's a place called hot Dog Wallies have you ever heard of hot Dog Wallies?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 3: Well, thank you. I love the name. Yeah, I got a.
Speaker 2: Big, old school, small town Fourth of July deal going on. I mean they've got a hot dog eating contest. You could win a thousand dollars one thousand bucks eating the hot dogs. I am thinking about getting in this. They also have a classic car show JD. I know you love that stuff, right, I do.
Speaker 3: I do. Tom Arnold Everyone remember Tom Arnold.
Speaker 5: The comedian, an act Rosy and sex husband.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's doing stand up at this at six point thirty. Again, this is a hot Dog Wallies an Emerald Point and a special appearance from the Lake Wave Fire Department.
Speaker 5: I love that.
Speaker 2: There's something about this event that I love because it just screams America or starters. Yeah, and small town kind of parade ish.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I think we need more of that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, we do. That's that's that's sounds very Lakewey.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Get out there with your neighbors and and take in the parade in the fire department, car show, hot dog eating contest, all that's.
Speaker 5: Decorate your kids bicycles and try sac Oh yeah yes.
Speaker 4: Oh that was a big deal as a kid, you know, and get them. Yeah, you get them all, put you stream it through your spokes.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's a parade style, right, that's.
Speaker 5: What you said.
Speaker 3: I believe so, yes, yeah, it's so much fun. And I promise you.
Speaker 2: I know Lakeway very well. I promise you. There will be a woman in a bathing shuit. She should not be wearing. That's had too much to drink, I promise you. And there will probably be a guy too in a bathing suit. He shouldn't be wearing. That's had too much to drink. That's a horrible sunburn.
Speaker 6: Yeah, he'll be wearing a bathing suit and with a T shirt on with the drawing of a really cut ripped a shirt.
Speaker 2: Yes. Yeah, are the girls that wear the long ones with the girl with the great body with the bikini on the T shirt? Yeah yeah seen those two. So that's it's a great event. Though again that's that hot dog Wali's. I wonder what kind of food they have, Jie, you've got a list of some of the big fireworks shows happening around Yeah, you were.
Speaker 4: Asking about it, of course. The big one is the Austin Symphony HB at vic Mantea's Shores or Audium Torque Shores. If you're a long time Austinite, that's pretty cool. That's free too. They suggest getting there early and ride sharing. Yeah, obvious reasons. Uh there's Stars Spangled Fest at the Long Center on the third well today.
Speaker 5: Tonight at seven o'clock.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry us a question real quick. The Long Center. Is there a big thing?
Speaker 2: I've never I've been there once, it's been years, But is there like a big lawn to sit out on at the Long Side.
Speaker 4: Yeah? Yeah, In fact, they're doing a whole summer concert series on that lawn. Oh really, it's just opposite Auditorium Shores and up the hill there's a nice, slowly sloped hill. It actually makes kind of a nice little amphitheater in a way.
Speaker 3: Very cool.
Speaker 4: All right, then you might see my daughter out there. Willie Nelson's Fourth of July at the Germania Insurns Empathy at Coda and uh that ends, that ends with fireworks, Bob Dylan Avett brothers man.
Speaker 3: That's a that's a big show.
Speaker 4: And then there's some other ones out in the burbs, like there's like we always go steal from the rich people at the Austin Country Club line and go out on our boat.
Speaker 6: Yeah, steal and they look at us like if the people at Austin Country Club, could they put a dome over it, put a big, big curtain of yeah, we.
Speaker 4: Keep them outworks. There's always a big one on Lake Travis too. Find the info for that. That's on Friday night. That's a big one. Can I give a heads up on that one? And you know there's too JB on Lake Austin. If you go out there and watch those fireworks on a boat when the fireworks show is over, be very beautiful.
Speaker 5: It's it's terrified.
Speaker 4: The road the trip back in the dark, and I don't know what the moonlights like and.
Speaker 3: People don't have their running lights on.
Speaker 5: A lot of them are intoxicated.
Speaker 2: Me careful, and a lot of people think it's just a great idea to jump out of the boat in the middle of the lake and you don't just be careful, be careful.
Speaker 3: But there is a.
Speaker 4: Tonight is Cedar Park's Spartacular at Elizabeth Milbourne Park. Oh that's going to yeah, yeah, tonight, okay, tonight. No, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, my bad. On the fourth okay, all right. Some of them do it early, like yeah, I think the acc Ones Early Hill Country Galleria has them tomorrow.
Speaker 5: Flugerville off of Flugerville Parkway.
Speaker 4: Round Rock Frontier Days at Old Settlers Park all day, fireworks at nine thirty pm. Georgetown in San Gabriel Park, fireworks at nine thirty and in Butda in downtown Butda.
Speaker 5: You'll get fireworks tomorrow night.
Speaker 3: All right.
Speaker 2: Cool, So you've got plenty of places to choose from to get up.
Speaker 6: You're going to see some fireworks tomorrow night at some point, no matter where you are.
Speaker 3: Get your fireworks fix for sure.
Speaker 1: This is the JB and Sandy Show podcast. You can listen every morning on one of three point one in Austin, or stream the show on the iHeartRadio app