Speaker 1: A shortage of dumb people doing really stupid things.
Speaker 2: Welcome to another edition of Idiotology. We'll let your taco one on one one w jr R your freaking idiots. All right, Hey, I don't forget you. About fifteen minutes or so to get your vote in at the JR Facebook page for this morning. You say it, we play it. Featured band is Iron made in three song choices. There, you pick the one you would like to hear most. At nine o'clock one. With the most votes, we'll play back and one of you who takes the time to vote will win tickets too.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah to October or October Fest.
Speaker 3: And I know how excited you are right now.
Speaker 2: Yeah, October Fest with JR R at the Orlando Amphitheater Friday and Saturday. Genuine German food. It doesn't get much more German and genuine than Holler Box from from Sanford, who will be one of the food vendors out at the event. They paid us a little visit this morning, Taco.
Speaker 1: Hence why I said, Pat be excited. As soon as you heard Hollerbox, he dropped everything in here.
Speaker 2: Absolutely one of my favorite restaurants in the entire state.
Speaker 3: Of Florida.
Speaker 1: Those pretzels, the sauce or the whatevers, the whole variety sausages. So they were they they're gonna be there. Obviously, beer is gonna be out there, craft beer, Sam Adams, German food. As we said in a bunch of live music, right yep, Pantera experience is gonna be out there. Hardwired, which is a Metallica tribute.
Speaker 2: Poison tribute to It's gonna be a good time if you're looking for something to do this weekend. The weather's going to be fantastic as well.
Speaker 1: It's it's tonight, it's Friday night, and Saturday and then Saturday.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's allimfo w j r dot com. All right, let's begin with this story out of Wildwood, New Jersey. Have you ever been to the boardwalk in Wildwood, New Jersey, Taco.
Speaker 1: You believe it or not, Yes, I have, because I have relatives that live around there.
Speaker 2: Okay, well then I don't know if you'll remember this or not, but on that boardwalk there's this little tram that runs up and down the length of it. Yeah, the little train looking thing throughout the uh you know, hours of operation, you'll hear this voice that comes on the PA system that says, watch the tram car, please, Watch the tram car please. It's this woman who actually her name is Floss Stingle, who is the voice of the watch the tram car please announcement.
Speaker 1: But what Pat doesn't know because he hadn't been there, is that actually it says.
Speaker 3: Hey, get the hell out of the way.
Speaker 2: We'll just well. Floss is now trying to be compensated for her voice being used for all of these years. Her voice is played down that recording since nineteen seventy one, and that should be paid. During the summer months at the boardwalk in Wildwood, New Jersey, that announcement plays upwards of six thousand times a day. Watch the tram card, please, Watch the tram card please. She's kind of let it slide up until now, but it's come to her attention that they're now selling merchandise, including this little stuffed trinket that you squeeze it and says watch the tram card please.
Speaker 1: So they're making money. Yeah, offer her voice and that come on, Yeah, you got to pay her. You have to pay her a little bit of a problem. She recorded this in nineteen seventy one. The Copyright Act didn't take place until nineteen seventy two. Still on that front, she's sol I think that a lawyer would back her up and get her get her compensation.
Speaker 2: Where they do now have a lawsuit trying to recoup just that. I guess the question is how much? How much should she be owed? Because if you're paid based on the number of times your performances broadcast.
Speaker 1: It's like with bands when they're Yeah, I would be curious to see what they're able to get out of this. This has got to be settled out of court. I would think, Yeah, just give her a portion. Don't give her like, you know, millions and millions. No, she's not looking for that. Just compensate her somewhat. Watch the tramp card please. I think that might be the boardwalk where the pink Cadillacs were won. The pink Cadillacs were won by my in laws. Oh remember how they won every year in a row for three years, and uh, yeah, they just happened to win. And I looked in my wife and I said, and you don't think that any mom.
Speaker 2: I won't say anything.
Speaker 1: So somebody said, talk of you've been sampling the German beer.
Speaker 3: Come on now.
Speaker 2: Of course, Washington College is located in Maryland. College has been around since seventeen eighty two. Wow, it's named after George Washington. This is not George Washington. It's just Washington College. But Washington College has changed their logo. Their old logo actually featured the signature of George Washington. Why would you change that because, marketing wise, kids coming up in high school and college can't recursive.
Speaker 3: Well that's the point.
Speaker 2: That's the main reason they're changing it. It's still going to be part of the logo, it's just not going to be the logo anymore. It has to be part of it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I thought you were going to say because descendants of George Washington wanted some you know, paybacks.
Speaker 2: I will say this as flow both of us who had to take handmanship, you know, we we all, you know, had to know how to do cursive and you graded on it. And George Washington's signature is unique. And if I hadn't known this story, I wanted't be too sure I would know it, says George Washington.
Speaker 1: I have a question for you, and I think that we've done this, but I think it had to be a.
Speaker 2: Right around ten years. Do you want to see my signature? No, I don't want to see that.
Speaker 1: What do you want me to write? That's too easy? What do you want I want you to write? I was gonna say holler box, but that'd be too hard. I want you to write elevator and then I'm going to write it in cursive.
Speaker 3: Yes, hold on, I'm still working on the v H. I forgot the AA.
Speaker 2: See this is where we differ. Your thinking very hard about this and actually getting the letters so they're legible.
Speaker 3: How perfect that is? Yeah?
Speaker 2: No, that is that's you get a plus and penmanship.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, you're in that legible but it's pretty damn good.
Speaker 2: But that's how I write. That's how my signature goes it just it. I scribble, I scribble cursive. Right, I can do it. But you ready for me to do my signature? Do your signature, I'll do mine. Okay, that's Robert. Yeah, yeah, there's Pat.
Speaker 3: You know it's.
Speaker 2: You all see that. You don't see that through your radio? You know it doesn't translate.
Speaker 1: Well if we had the Facebook live cam on.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, we got in trouble with that. Sorry that has to do again.
Speaker 2: Speaking of copyright stuff, yeah, I know, I just really put a guard rail.
Speaker 3: Up on I don't even need to get in the weeds on that right now.
Speaker 1: That's why I didn't. That's why I said. Now I remember so I asked this question earlier. I don't know the answer to this, but there's a lawsuit that's been filed after a fraternity pledge at Michigan State University was hospitalized after, according to the lawsuit, was forced to smoke a dangerous amount of marijuana. And you during a hazing ritual, and you asked me if well, was it your how did you put it?
Speaker 2: It's it's you don't generally hear about anybody overdosing on marijuana, but you can't or dangerous amounts of marijuana? What is what's the story here for you? Fill me in? Educate me here. I don't smoke weed. You asked the question, and can you od on it?
Speaker 3: You can?
Speaker 1: I know somebody whose kid is on just straight regular weed with nothing laced into it. Nope, nothing listed into it, just mass, mass amounts. And I'm sure that Kyle's going to be texting the cush can go.
Speaker 3: No, you can.
Speaker 1: I'm living proof of that. Yeah, google it can you O D on weed.
Speaker 3: You can.
Speaker 2: I was from what I've heard, I was gonna give credit for the fraternity moving away from forcing them to drink massive amounts of liquor. Oh, I thought you're gonna say, you hear, and I'm just transitioning to the weed, which is pretty mainstream. Now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they're not taping them to a tree and putting brooms up is sweeper, if you know what I'm saying, I was able to do that wall typing pat. It is not possible to fatally overdose on marijuana.
Speaker 2: No, but the one that I know of this does not say overdose. This just says hospitalized after smoking a dangerous amount of marijuana. Kid, What is a dangerous amount of marijuana is what I'm trying to get at it. And you know it's so high, you do something stupid.
Speaker 1: Okay, if you're in the frat house, you know you you have access. You probably just like you have, you know, cases and cases of beer in the corner.
Speaker 2: The other corner has like a baiale and you just break off.
Speaker 1: All right, Ronnie over here, it's time to swear him in and we're gonna weat him up.
Speaker 2: But no, this gud, I mean I don't know the whole story.
Speaker 1: But he is in like a a small coma.
Speaker 2: This guy's forced to do physical exercises and suffered a potentially life threatening condition in which muscle tissue broke down and released toxins into his bloodstreak. This while he was forced to do this stuff after smoking all the Swede.
Speaker 1: Yeah, where the exercises like p Eddy exercise, You're embellishing.
Speaker 2: J r R.
Speaker 1: Orlando's rock station, j R R