Speaker 1: As a boy from Peoria, Illinois, started singing about California girls when he joined the Beach Boys as a replacement for at least on the road of the late Brian Wilson, Benjamin Baldwin. Bruce Johnston, Happy eighty third birthday today. As you sing about our family, will.
Speaker 2: East Coast girls are him by?
Speaker 1: Really did those.
Speaker 2: Styles they wear? And the Southern girls with the.
Speaker 1: Way talking, they not be out when I'm the elder.
Speaker 3: The men west farms todters.
Speaker 4: Really make you feel alright.
Speaker 5: And the Northern girls with the wags thinking their form, I.
Speaker 2: Wish they are.
Speaker 1: On the vocals, on the bass, on the keyboards. Brian Johnston's definitely maybe a latter day beach boy, but woven into the fabric of that summer sound for sixty years now and he turns eighty three. Also wrote, I write the songs for Barry Manelow. That always mystified me when I found that out, because I thought for years Barry Manila, who wrote a lot of songs and jingles, wrote I write the songs he sang it had to hit with it. But Barry Manila didn't write I write the songs. Bruce Johnston did little side note for you. It is June the twenty seventh, twenty twenty five, and there's lots to get to and we shall in good due time. My friends, Gary Jeff Walker, we're in for Brian Thomas on this Friday. Before we look in, I like to look back at significant events and people tied to this particular date in history June twenty seventh, including but not limited to these, So we shall eighteen forty four Mormon leader Joseph Smith and his brother Hyrum killed by a man in Carthage, Illinois. Mormon martyrs on their westward track this date. In nineteen fifty the UN Security Council, and how feckless and toothless are they anyway, passed a resolution calling on member nations helped South Korea repel an invasion from the North that got us into one of those unending, untenable wars that people are so afraid of now because of past performance and past experiences. On June twenty seventh, nineteen fifty seven, Hurricane Audrey slammed into Louisiana and Texas a Category four, causing as many as six hundred deaths. The Supreme Court on this date just thirty four years ago. Welcome Thurgood Marshall. Actually he was on his way out. He announced his retirement, the first black justice on the highest court in the land. And it was on this date twenty years ago the BTK serial killer Dennis Rader pled guilty to ten murders that had spread fears across Wichita, Kansas, starting back in the nineteen seventies. This was a guy who was a church elder, seemingly mild mannered family guy, and find out he was an absolute monster. A constitutional amendment to ban desecration of the American flag died in a US Senate Cliff Hangar just nineteen years ago. They are resurrecting these, these legislations that could make the burning or the desecration of our American flag a crime. It fell just one short of the sixty seven needed to send it for states to ratification, to be ensconced, enshrined in our constitution. It didn't happen. This was the year, well, twenty eleven, the year this date, a former Illinois Governor Rod Blagoyevitch convicted by a federal jury in Chicago corruption charges, allegations that he tried to sell or trade President Barack Obama's US Senate seat, Lavoy Blagoyevitch eventually pardoned, of course, by now President Trump. Let's see birthday folks. Besides Bruce Johnston of The Beach Boys, Vera Wang, Isn't that a wonderful name? The fashion designer is seventy six. Vera Wang, everybody say it with me? Actress Julia Duffy has a birthday today. Isabelle Ajohnny. Let's see. Laurie Morgan is sixty six, the country singer, still going strong, still a member of the grand Ole Opry and the like. JJ Abrams, the writer, producer, director, has a fifty ninth birthday today. Toby McGuire is fifty. Let's see. Chloe Kardashian is forty one. There are certain parts of her body that are much younger, or at least look that way. NFL linebacker Bobby Wagner has a birthday thirty five today. Everybody Loves Raymond star Madeline Sweeten is thirty four. Songwriter her h e er period period period is twenty eight, and Chandler Riggs, who plays on the Walking Dead television series, still alive at twenty six. If it's your birthday, I hope it's the best birthday possible and you get to spend it with family and friends, doing the things you love to do with the ones you love, and that is truly my wish for you. At five eleven on this morning show, it's a full vote pretty much. Dave Hatter will be with us at six point thirty. At seven just past seven seven oh five, Cincinnati mayoral candidate Corey Bowman is back for a visit and ask him what he thinks about the fact that violent crime is actually down in Cincinnati, well with the exception of the last month, well with the exception of the last couple of years, well with the exception of the fact that seemingly the current administration and the current police chief can't find their way out even though the bag is wet and they have both hands. We have a numerous guests this morning. Joe isn't Dan Hills gonna join us as well. Of course, just yesterday was the tenth anniversary of the murder of Sonny Kim, the ambush murder of a Cincinnati police officer, and we mark that grim anniversary knowing that the threats are still out there every day for the men and women who wear the uniform to protect and to serve the public, to catch the criminals, and hopefully have the criminal justice system give us justice when they do catch the criminals, many times in the act of their crimes. At eight oh five, historian Richard Lyons on President Trump's ten years since he came on to the national scene in a political fashion. He came down the escalator back in twenty fifteen and announced that he was running for president the first time, and now in the midst of his second term, with some pretty impressive and successful moments to mark in this second term, especially lately. So that'll be an interesting conversation with Richard Lyons, at least I'll pretend it's interesting, and hopefully it will be for you. You. And then at eight thirty five or eight thirty rather, we have JT. Young, who's a brilliant guy. He writes for The Hill and The Federalist and the American Spectator, and his thoughts on what exactly is the Democrats problem. They are varied and many in my opinion, And this thing that's happened in New York City where basically a communist has won the Democrat Party's nomination speaks volumes about where the Democrat Party is, but I'll get JT's thoughts on that as well, and you're always welcome to chime in, Joel, unbusy the lines and unburdened us from what has been and let you chime into on any topic that we tackle or anything that you want. The floor is open for your thoughts. Fifty five hundred. It's great to be with you again. I love I've realistic chance to fill in for Brian. This is one of my favorite fill in shows that I have the opportunity to do from time to time. And it's great to be with you once again. Gary, Jeff. It's five point fifteen at fifty five KRC the talk station. This just in Iran his being Bump love it. The heat advisory will end tonight. Tomorrow's heat index will be near one hundred. It's been just not one hundred and five. Lord and Mercy, it's five nineteen on this Friday morning, June twenty seventh. Well, uh, the animal in the room is a Cincinnati Bengal. The animal in the county and the Bengals in the County, of course, reached the new lease steal to keep the team at pay Court stadium another eleven years and starting this season, so the Bengals are safe. They're not going anywhere Cincinnati. I know you were all on pins and needles, and I gotta be honest with you. I love football from September to February. I am all in unprofessional football. The NFL, of course, keeps the wheels moving all year long. The publicity machine that never sleeps belongs to the National Football League, so they're always in front of the public. I really I tune out when they're not playing meaningful games, the first actual game, not the fake football that they're still engaging in because it's a money grab by teams like the Bengals to play fake football games. I either don't count in the standings, but the second they tee it up for real, usually the first week in September, right after Labor Day, and I'm in every week. And you know, and I don't gamble. I'm not a fan dual guy like most people.
Speaker 6: I know.
Speaker 1: I'm not betting wild parlays hoping to hit that one that one time and become amazingly rich for my football betting acumen. No, don't do that. I love the game. I love to watch the game, and it's a made for TV sport. If any other sport, Baseball, I think is a sport where you really have to be at the park to fully enjoy baseball. I mean, you can listen to it on the radio. We have great broadcasts here in town for that. You can watch it on television, as I often do, but baseball is best observed in person. Football isn't made for TV sport. That's where all the money comes from. So you won't catch me at Paul Brown Stadium in October, even before it's cold to enjoy a Bengals game. Not because I wouldn't enjoy the game, but it's just much better. I have a much better seat at home that nobody has to subsidize except for me paying the TV bill. But I love football. But if there were no Bengals, what would your life be like as a Cincinnatian? Think about it. You don't have to, you don't have to imagine it right now, But I'm just saying in this, in this most dire of all circumstances, the Bengals moved out of Cincinnati like was threatened, which sparked the first awful stadium deal in Cincinnati with the County in nineteen ninety seven, what would your life be like without the Bengals. I want you to reflect and think about that and let me know if your life would be lesser Because there's plenty of pro football to go around. I mean, it's ubiquitous in the fall. I mean there's there's at least five six games on every weekend on national TV. You could still enjoy football if the Bengals weren't here, But what would your life? Think about this? And let me know at five poet three seven four nine fifty five hundred. Again, it's not a reality you're going to have to deal with obviously for another decade. But would it really be a lesser life if there were no Bengals, if there were no stadium in Cincinnati that you're helping pay for. If you're a county taxpayer and they talk about this deal being much better for the taxpayer, what was Connie Pillage's quote yesterday? Have reached a new lease agreement that delivers a win for taxpayers in our community. What's the win the fact that they're staying in city and what does that really mean to you? It's once a week for seventeen weeks, sixteen weeks and what's a win for taxpayers. Oh, you're not getting soaked the way you got soaked in nineteen ninety seven, and the first deal for the stadium. As much as I love football, my question is is it really worth all that to you? I would love to know. And I don't even have my call screen up, Joe, so if somebody does, it looks like there's somebody on the line who wanted to remark on that particular topic. This is again, the question is being asked by me, and it's coming from someone who really enjoys the NFL during the regular season. But what does it really mean to you? That's the question. Five twenty five at fifty five krs the talk station.
Speaker 2: Democrats are on a crazy train going so fast it's time to get off the welcome motive. Democrats don't want anyone to speak out against men and women's sports.
Speaker 1: Judges who are just anti Trump railroad at the president. If I feel like things are going off the rail, I'll.
Speaker 2: Tell you all aboud to Clay Travis and Buck Sexton Express are arriving today at noon fifty five RCD Talk Station Nashville's Hottest vent.
Speaker 1: It is five twenty eight and some change. Gary Jeffin for Brian and a couple folks wanting to talk on the topic Dazure in this half hour, which is the Bengals in the county reaching a new lease deal to keep the team at pay Corps Stadium. What would happen? How would your life be affected if there were no Bengals in Cincinnati anymore? Tom good morning, Thank good morning.
Speaker 6: Their weather forecast. Does that mean I gotta wear my zip up hoody tomorrow?
Speaker 1: Yeah? You better, you better up on Saturday. The heat advisory is over tonight, but tomorrow it's only going to be up to one hundred so yes, yeah, So.
Speaker 6: I mean I'm where I'm working right now, working in the ac So as long as i'm inside, I'm pretty much fine.
Speaker 1: I'm there at the end of the day.
Speaker 6: End of the day. Yesterday, me and the guy I'm working with, we we go outside. We had to move a ladder. It took him about five minutes or so, and then walked to the car. And by the time I got to the car, I was swating, like this is ridiculous. It's too hot and I'm only parked across the street. So anyway, enough whining about the weather. This, this whole stadium deal is just another in a long line of many I think wrong ideas of how government subsidizes, even if it's just a percentage, subsidizes private business. I mean, you're talking about a business that is pretty much a prame press money, the NFL, and what do they need tax dollars for? Really? I mean, these people are multi billionaires that own it, and the and and the kids that play are are they're just millionaires. But they need our money to keep us to have a place to play, I mean seriously, And so I don't know if you're ever gonna do anything about it, uh and change it. Uh maybe you can, that'd be great. But in the meantime, something that would help stomach it a little bit is if maybe each taxpayer Tom ticket or once a year, or you know, maybe a family of four four pact tickets. There's something to each house per year, something like like the zoo. Why can't each member of the the county, I mean county pays for this, helps pay for the due or my taxes go to the zoo. Why can't I get one free entry a year or something like that, at least to say Hey, we we know you have no choice in there. It's not up to you. We're just signing this stuff and taking money out of your pocket. But here you go here a little something at least that would be nice though. And by the way, people don't vote Democrat. I have a great week, Dad.
Speaker 1: All right, Tom, thank you very much, Diane, your thoughts.
Speaker 7: Diane, Oh, hello, Gary, Jeff Hi.
Speaker 8: I think we wouldn't be any worse all if we didn't have the Bengals here.
Speaker 9: Why can't the Browns pay for their own situation?
Speaker 7: It's crazy? How how many billions are they worth?
Speaker 1: Listen. I am absolutely in lockstep with you and Tom before you, Diane on this. I don't understand why I thought we lived in a free enterprise society where if you want to do something, you have the freedom of the opportunity to do it, but you don't rely on public money to pursue your dreams. I mean, it is the most anti capitalist kind of situation in the world. We complain all the time about communism and socialism and how evil it is and how it brings a society down, and yet and the same time, on the other side of our mouth, we're saying, oh, This is perfectly fine for us to subsidize millionaires and billionaires with free places to pursue their dreams and make their money on the public dole. It doesn't wash with a and it shows, It shows, it shows through, it shows through crony capitalism. How really socialist our nation has become?
Speaker 8: That's true, But Jerry, why is anyone more three hundred seventy five million dollars a throught football?
Speaker 1: Well, a lot of people enjoy football. A lot of people enjoy a lot lot of people enjoy football. And would I enjoy it?
Speaker 7: I enjoy watching it?
Speaker 1: Bench and complain if we didn't have a professional football team like we have since nineteen sixty seven, not then pay?
Speaker 10: Then?
Speaker 1: Yeah? I know. I mean, if it's voluntarily coming out of my pocket as a taxpayer, that's one thing. But if they're doing it through coercion, through the point of a government gun and saying no, you're helping pay for the stadium for the Brown family, Yeah, it just doesn't wash for a lot of us. But again, if we live in a free society, we're free enterprise and entrepreneurship and capitalism. Why are we subsidizing projects people can make money? Why are we subject not just the Bengals Stadium, but anything any business? Why do we give tax abatements here and there to certain people so they can build this or that. I mean, it's going on right now full scale in the city of Newport, Kentucky, with ovation and corporate X and they are abandoning small businesses on Mama Street and elsewhere to focus on big corporate entities who are getting huge, huge tax breaks that the rest of the population isn't privy to. It goes on all the time everywhere. It went on in Cincinnati with the banks, and now it's going on again with the Bengals Stadium. It's seemingly unending where the haves keep getting more than their share of the public dole and the have nots continue to pay for it. And in this republic the way it was envisioned, that seems antithetical to what this country's supposed to be about. So you know, in that way, is the subsidiation of the Bengals Stadium continuing for another eleven years? Is it really anti American? If you balance that with the with what we were all taught this republic was supposed to be about. I don't know, five point thirty six. It's fifty five KRC the talk station fifty five KRC dot Com.
Speaker 9: I'm doctor Damon Tanton.
Speaker 1: Howdy, Good morning TGIF Gary Jeff been for Brian Thomas on this Friday, June twenty seven, twenty minutes until the top of the hour, and just this discussion of Tom talking about moving a ladder yesterday and being out of the truck for two minutes and walking around with a puddle of sweat underneath him. The same people that complain about how hot it is right now are the ones who in February will be complaining about how cold it is. There's nothing you can do about the weather, but I guess some complain about it if it makes you feel better to complain. I like it hot, some like it hot, and some sweat when the heat is on. I remember that. But I actually love this time of year because I can't stand the cold. But I don't bitch on both sides of the coin. I'm always cold, too cold around here in January February unless we get one of those every once in a while rare warm spells during our four months of gray in this area of the country. But long I look forward to this. My wife, on the other hand, and I think women have a tougher time than real men with hot weather. But my wife just wants to sit inside in the air conditioning. You may be that person too, and that's fine. But I want to get outside the sunshining. It's warm, it's hot, I'm sweating. It's good. I'm releasing the toxins that are built up over the last few months sitting inside in my cave. I mean, I just I don't think that it's good for people just to sit inside in their cave. It is historically correct a fact that more people die from the cold than the heat. And yet you'll hear people this time of year, especially during a spell like this where we've got heat index or indices, let's be correct, heat in disease above one hundred. You will hear them say, I felt like I was gonna die. I'm melting. This is incredibly hot. Grab yourself a big glass something with ice in it, hopefully some healthy and refreshing, stay hydrated, but enjoy this because historically, throughout the history of man, hot weather doesn't kill people. Cold weather kills people. But I think you'll find it's true, and you may be one of these people complaining about the hot spell we're going through right now and how terrible it is. The Only thing I don't like about it are the damn electric bills from running the air conditioner all the time. But no, I mean, if you're one of those people who are find yourself complaining about the heat right now, you will look back and reflect and say, oh, I do the same thing when it's ten degrees outside. It's too cold human nature. Perhaps I'm just saying I like it. I want more of it now. I'm not gonna like turn my AC off when I'm inside my house. I'm going to enjoy that, mind you, But I want to get outside. My wife just sits there like a bump on the couch. I don't want to go outside. It's too hot. Sit there and veg out in front of the television in the air conditioned comfort. Her prerogative, and you know, I guess we share expenses, so she's helping pay the electric bill. But uh, there you go. Food for thought. Don't eat too much.
Speaker 3: I like it.
Speaker 1: Give me more, Give me more, and I will be outside enjoying it. Five point forty five, Good morning, fifty five KRC. The Talk station. In this edition of the Marketers Report, we're starting out mostly clear and muggy this morning, on our way to a high of ninety two. The clouds will become more prominent as we roll through the day. There is a chance for pomp up afternoon and evening storms as well, and still really hot high in this afternoon ninety two. I love it heat index around one hundred to one hundred and two. The heat advisory is set to end tonight at eight pm, and as Tom mentioned earlier in the hour, you might need that pullover hoodie tomorrow because we're only going to get up to eighty eight with a heat index in the nineties Sunday, Partly cloudy, storm chances mostly likely later in the day on Sunday, and a high once again in the upper eighties. A muggy weekend. They had no doubt seventy two degrees right now, and then check on the roads.
Speaker 11: Here's Heather from the U SEE Health Traffic Center. At you See Health, you'll find conferences of care that's so personal it makes your best tomorrow possible. That's boundless care for better outcomes. Expect more. At ucehealth dot com. Traffic is still on the later side this morning. Traveling northbound seventy five, it's under ten minutes out earlier to the Brent Spence Bridge. Also, southbound seventy one is under fifteen minutes from Blue Ash into town. I'm Heather Pasco on fifty five KRC, the talk station.
Speaker 1: People advising you all the time, and I would echo this not to vote Democrat, but of course in New York City it's another subject entirely where it's all Democrat all the time. And in their primary on Tuesday, as you know, for the next mayor of New York City, for the Democrat nomination, it was a former governor, Andrew Cuomo, who left under a cloud of a sex scandal, resigned the governorship and decided it'd be a good idea. The same guy, of course, who killed thousands of grandparents by shoving them into into nursing homes that were COVID beehives back during the scamdemic in twenty one. That guy. So they were putting him up against an avowed socialist, I say communist who has zero experience of doing anything except promising people things on TikTok, like government owned grocery stores, free transcare on the taxpayer dime and free transportation, free this, free that, free everything, and of course, as we know, nothing is free, somebody's got to pay for it. And there are a bunch of citizens of New York City who are making the b line out of the Big Apple, or at least contemplating it now because they really really don't want to get soaked for all the promises this moron is making. Who won the Democrat primary on Tuesday, Mandani Zavon Mondani born in Uganda, over educated, indoctrinated in the Ivy League. I believe he went to Harvard, one of the Ivy League schools, and of course is a wash with communist and socialists and Marxist and now he wants to be the next mayor of New York City and very well could win that election in November, which shocked a lot of people, but it shows you exactly. I think he's a good thing. Very well polished campaign. The man run and he's very shiny. He's very slick in that way, very much like af tab Pirval, the Cincinnati mayor. Very very well polished. What is it saying you can polish a turd and it still is that aside, I say it's a good thing because the Democrats are showing you exactly who they are. They're not pretending anymore as a party to believe in the American dream. They're not pretending anymore that they're actually for representative democracy. They're showing their hand, and you finally have a clear choice at the polls. And again, this is not Democrat bad, Republican good. This is communism, Marxism bad, freedom good, because the two parties have finally really really separated themselves and showing us who they are. They're not hiding it anymore. They used to hide it. They used to pretend that they're all about democracy, they used to pretend that they're all about American ideals. And the Democrats aren't pretending anymore. So the voter has a clear choice.
Speaker 3: And.
Speaker 1: The Democrats had a choice. And since they're kind of leaderless and rudderless right now, this is where they've moved to the all out communist Marxist socialist. Vent've been headed that way for years, but they finally have defined themselves that way. When Donald Trump won the presidential election for a second time in twenty four and the Maga movement put him and the Republicans over the top in a leadership position in our federal government. When that When that occurred, the Democrats had the choice of either being mag Alite in other words, yeah, they're they're doing the right things, they're just doing them the wrong way. Let us let us show you how to do these things that are good for the most of the majority of the American people, or they had a choice to go full on COMMI, which they have done. So the lines are clearly defined now. And there may be quote unquote moderate Democrats out there like John Fetterman, and I would suggest to them there is room for them either in independent parties or in the Republican Party, because otherwise, with your continued affiliation with the Democrats, you're just admitting that you're in favor of communism and Marxism and minority rule over what the majority of the country wants. Because majority of the country does not want taxpayer dollars going to transgender care or transgender medicaid. The majority of the country does not want government run grocery stores. The majority of the country does not want to subsidize bus service for criminals. In any large metropolitan area. Maybe New York City has showed their hand with the this guy's win in the primary, Mondani's win in the primary, maybe New York City has gone full on Marxist. Now it's hard to believe that eight million people want that, because I truly believe they don't. And in every situation where there is communism, socialism, Marxism, ten percent of the people control. The other ninety percent has nothing to do with democracy or fairness or equality. It's just totalitarian control, and that's what they're after. Into story Another hour ahead on this Friday morning, Gary Jeff and for Brian on fifty five KRS the talk station.
Speaker 2: Big things are happening, breaking news happening. Now, we'll tell you more at the top of the hour.
Speaker 1: It's too aggressive and over the top.
Speaker 2: Fifty five KRC the talk station.
Speaker 1: It's not by Ralph's America Forever.
Speaker 10: Not.
Speaker 1: Why the very first song is that barely man Enough? I believe it is. He writes the songs, which actually this song was written by Bruce Johnston, not Barry Manilow. But we had to play Barry Manilowe because he had to hit with it number one and number two because it's West Side Jim's favorite artist. Right after my version of Cher in drag. Good morning was side.
Speaker 8: Jim, Hello, Garry, Jeff, My god, Joseph, that made my morning. I have tears rolling down my cheeks.
Speaker 1: My it's hot. It's two damn hot cheeks. You're one of those, aren't you. No, I do like the great American. I mean the guy.
Speaker 8: He probably is some of Europeans because we didn't have any Caorea Americans back now, I guess.
Speaker 1: But Willis Carrier.
Speaker 8: I want to thank him because without him we wouldn't have air conditioning.
Speaker 1: So Willis's Carrier, I love you, baby. It is a good guy. It is my turn to sound like the old man that I'm becoming slowly. Not as old as you, not as old as you, but get off my breast older when I say, I remember being a kid living in a house that was built in eighteen eighties in the middle of summer in Illinois, when it was humid as it is here, and it was ninety five one hundred degrees and we did not have air conditioning, and we were just fine, just fine.
Speaker 7: Well, we had a fan when I was grown.
Speaker 1: We had a fan, yes, a box fan in the window maybe, And and the houses were built differently, so there was good airflow when it was as hot as it is now. But we didn't have any ac we weren't conditioned. We were just we were just sucking it up and we were enjoying the heat.
Speaker 8: Jim, Well, I'd walk to school back and forth twenty miles every day.
Speaker 1: It was only it was only a few blocks. It was only a few blocks for me.
Speaker 8: So anyway, And I want to thank the Bengals because the three year deal to days or three year the three decade deal that they just put through. I will be long gone before I have to listen to Aleisia Reese again talk about taxpayers and how how they got screwed on this deal, how they get screwed every time you turn around, because she'll still be in that office and she'll still be talk in the fact that the taxpayers are getting screwed, the taxpayers are getting screwed.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean, it's it's easy. It's easy to point out the fact that taxpayers are getting screwed when you're one of the ones that are doing the screwing exactly, but just in a different place and not at pay Court Stadium maybe.
Speaker 8: And what does she do as soon as the Bengals went to the playoffs. She went down the cook Sporting Goods as a plug and bought all kind of.
Speaker 7: Garb to wear to the playoffs.
Speaker 8: And it was her face was on TV every time you turned around, talk about how great the Bengals are. And now she doesn't give a damn about the Bengals. It's about the taxpayers. About the taxpayers.
Speaker 1: Well, you know, I love I love the fact that there's professional football. I you know, when I lived moved to Nashville. When I lived in Nashville, we didn't have the Titans yet. They hadn't come to town. So this was the first time in my adult life I'd ever lived anywhere that had a professional football team in the NFL, the Cincinnati Bengals. And I'm glad that I live in a town that has a professional football team. But my life wouldn't be any lesser if there were no Bengals here. Now, you've been a lifelong Bengals fan, Jim, I know that, and you probably feel differently than I do about it.
Speaker 8: Yeah, yeah, I do, because I've been around them since like everybody in nineteen sixty eight up up at the UC watching them, I did.
Speaker 1: I was there.
Speaker 12: My dad used to take me to those games, right, So I was.
Speaker 8: The propaganda that went into my brain about the fact that we got a professional football team. Back then, we probably had I don't know, twenty twenty four teams. Now we got thirty two. I'm glad we got that. I heard a figure last night, and I know it's not I'm not totally right, but it's like eight to ten billion dollars in revenue comes in from these teams into a city because of what they do in advertising and you know, merchandise and when they go to the.
Speaker 1: Playoffs and YadA, YadA, YadA.
Speaker 8: Now Mike Brown, I mean he's squeezing every penny he can get.
Speaker 12: But on a.
Speaker 8: Normal Jerry Jones basis, these guys are bringing in a lot of tax money.
Speaker 1: And you know.
Speaker 8: There's Alisha Reese, Alisha. If you think about the money that for the Bengals bring in, what if we didn't have the Bengals, what will we do with that hole in the in the ground down there on the riverfront holding jazz festivals one time a year and having no tax money coming out from the Bengals have selling merchandise. Can you imagine the Toledo Bengals. No, I can't see the Toledo Bengals.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they could expand the Freedom Center. They could they increase the size of the Slave Museum. Jim.
Speaker 8: Well, that's probably true, but I will admit I have been in there twice, and that was where people that got elected when they had, you know, their ceremonies down there. So there's places I do go to places I don't go. And then and I don't go to the Art Museum. I've been to that probably once or twice in my life. But that's tax money, So I do spend tax money.
Speaker 1: You've been going, You've been going. You've been going to OTR or downtown or the West End recently. Probably not a great idea, not good for your health, Jim.
Speaker 8: I wear my vest and I head down for a Hamburger. Sure, why not? I know people to go down there, and I keep telling them, why why do you go there? Well, they say it's safe. Oh who got shot last night? How many people died last night. Let's listen to the police chief and then the county you know whatever her name is mc mcgruffer. People dying over to Rye Gary. Jeff, it's not safe.
Speaker 1: There have been there have been eleven murders in this city in fifteen days, Jim, eleven and fifty. That's almost one a day. And they're telling me violent crime is down.
Speaker 8: Huh, we're fighting to bea Chicago. We're beating them per capita. We are beating Chicago. Well, it's a weekend.
Speaker 1: At least the city could beat the city. Since the Reds can't seem to beat the Cubs.
Speaker 8: Well, I know, but hey, at least we're winning ball games. You know, we're not.
Speaker 1: We're not down there.
Speaker 8: They're close to five hundred or a little bit over five hundred, and then they go back to over five hundred. You know. It's it's an entertainment, that's what it is, simply, simply, just like the Bengals. We love the playoffs. But if not, don't get all freaked out and start fights when Pittsburgh comes to town. I mean, just enjoy the entertainment factor and spend money. So Alicia Reese has something to gripe about for the taxpayer.
Speaker 1: So the county is spending three hundred and fifty dollars on uh, keeping the entertainment on the river.
Speaker 7: That's what it seems like.
Speaker 8: Does and now, of course, but most of my My spewing this morning was tongue in cheek because.
Speaker 7: I don't like how long it took for the deal.
Speaker 1: Deal deal.
Speaker 8: They could have They could have hammered this thing out in a week. It's kind of like the Trey Henderson deal, you know. Get him in a room, get it done, and get it over with.
Speaker 1: And just move on.
Speaker 8: And then Lesha Reese could talk about how much tax money he's paying.
Speaker 1: Well, you know, maybe maybe if President Trump weren't working on truly important things instead of that, he he could have come to town and say, you don't know what the f you're doing and get things done. I mean, Pete Rose in the Hall of Fame, Trum Trump Trump, Trump could come down. Trump could come down there and get him in a room and make a deal. Wouldn't there or you know what?
Speaker 8: He do them.
Speaker 1: All right? Jimmy, it's good. It's always good to hear from you, my friend. And I know you're a huge Bengals fan. You have been since the inception of the franchise back in the sixties as a little kid. You grew up with it. It's been a part of your life the entire time. So it's good to hear that perspective, because my life would not be any different if they left tomorrow.
Speaker 8: Here, Gary Jeff is the Bengals and female roller derby.
Speaker 1: Yeah, baby, you know what I could go for some female roller derby.
Speaker 8: Town.
Speaker 1: I grew up with the lat Birds and the Chicago the Kansas City Bombers. I love female roller derby. You ever seen Raquel Welch on skates six fifteen and fifty five KRC the talk station our iHeartRadio music. Good morning, greeting salutations. I'm Gary Jeff Walker. It's a Friday morning, fifty five KRC and for Brian Thomas today. Coming up on twenty minutes past the hour, and just after six thirty, Dave Hatter from Interest it will be joining us. So it's tech talk on a Friday. As per usual, I get these emails from a guy named Glenn Harmier. I know Brian receives them too from time to time, and they are copies of letters he sends to the Cincinnati Inquirer editorial board, letters to the editor, and he sends them out to us because most of the time the Cincinnati Inquirer editorial board letters to the editor, folks ignore his commentaries and his editorials because they fly in the face of their very obvious liberal bias many times. So there's a point, but there's never any counterpoint, or hardly ever any counterpoint with the Inquirer when it comes to letters to the editor editorials. But this came yesterday, actually at three eighteen this morning, from Glenn to the Cincinnati Inquirer Editorial Board. Letters to the editor of the front page headline of the Thursday, June twenty sixth inquir read pervol unacceptable rise in Cincinnati crime. Glenn writes, there is that word again, unacceptable, that seems to be the go to word for the mayor after every major crime or active violence that takes place in Cincinnati. When a police officer was attacked in Sawy your point in July of twenty twenty three, it was unacceptable, unacceptable in quotes, when teenagers were attacking people downtown in January of twenty twenty four, it was unacceptable. When Patrick Herringer was recently killed and is over the Rhine home, it was unacceptable. And now there is an unacceptable rise in Cincinnati crime. In this Reason article, the mayor is quoted as saying, too many residents are becoming victims. Right now, too many neighbors are concerned about the safety of their streets. In a previous article, the mayor was quoted as saying, I am ultimately responsible for keeping residents safe, and Glenn questions, how has the mayor been doing in that responsibility. I think most Cincinnati residents would say unacceptable. I believe families, they're victims or victims their families, and residents are getting tired of hearing the unacceptable word without seeing any effective efforts to control the increasing incidents of crime and violence. There is a mayoral election this year. Perhaps a change in the mayor's office is the next step. Thanks for taking time to read and consider my comments. Glenn Harmyer, cole Raine Township. My question is when the mayor says that the rise in crime is unacceptable, what's an acceptable rise in crime? Isn't any rise in crime, whether it be violent or just, crime against taxpayers, against citizens trying to live their lives and to enjoy public safety. Isn't any rise in crime unacceptable or what is the acceptable rate? From twenty to twenty two to twenty twenty three, crime went up twelve point eight percent in over the Rhine downtown in the West End. From twenty twenty three to twenty twenty four, it went up ten point two percent in those neighborhoods. So far this year's it's up thirty six point three percent. And when it comes to violent crime, OTR and Downtown are up over a three year average, not down, As Police Chief Teresichi says, that's a tough that's a tough name to say, Teresa Thigi. But again, my question is what's an acceptable rise in crime. Isn't any rise at all in crime unacceptable as far as public safety goes and the mayor's responsibility unacceptable is unacceptable, and it should be considered when you go to the polls. We'll be talking to mayoral candidate Corey Bowman at seven oh five and maybe he can tell me what an acceptable rise in crime is, since we all know this is unacceptable, untenable and shouldn't be tolerated by anyone. One six twenty five fifty five KRCV talk station.
Speaker 10: Your morning Espresso starts right here.
Speaker 1: It's the Sean Hannity Morning Minute.
Speaker 5: Natasha Bertrand triumphantly claiming that the president strikes were not successful, did not obliterator ends nuclear sites Okay, the same reporter who compidently authored the untrue story in twenty twenty, Hunter Biden's story is Russian disinformation.
Speaker 1: Whoopsie Daisy.
Speaker 5: The same reporter who somehow believed that actual Russian disinformation in the dirty Russian Hillary Clinton paid for dossier was totally legitimate.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 5: An op ed in the Washington Post accused her of bootstrapping the dossier into an MSNBC DNC gig. I mean, how this person has a job? Is CNN earned their name fake news CNN?
Speaker 1: They earned it The Sean Hannity Show from Coast to Coast later today.
Speaker 5: Hey, Sean Hannity here. You know, crime continues to go up. Violence is happening in small towns and big cities all around the country. That means that you need something on you at all times. Now, Berner BYRNA, they want you to conceal everywhere you go, and that's why they made their brand new compact launcher.
Speaker 1: How did as the World's the Eye in the sky is watching always? Big Brother? Where art thou Gary, Jeff and for Brian On this Friday morning, time for some tech talk with Doomsday Dave Hatter. Demand with the aluminum foil hat to keep the extraterrestrials from reading his brain or the Chinese, as the case may be. Dave Hatter, good morning, How are you.
Speaker 3: I'm good Gary, Jeff, how are you.
Speaker 1: I'm looking at this this picture of you. People hear you on the radio and occasionally see you on television. But this picture of you with John matte Reice on Channel nine.
Speaker 3: Looking semi professional for a change there.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean, and you see that you do a lot of radio stuff and you're not a television personality per se. But I would say that you look better than matte Reice by far.
Speaker 4: Well, I will take the compliment and I will plead the fish.
Speaker 1: This was a story that Channel nine ran that you were involved with on online shopping. Now, see, I am a stranger to online shopping. My wife not so much. In fact, she's probably done Christmas shopping for the next five years online already in June of twenty twenty five. I do not do this. So this may not be pertinent or apply to me, But to many people, online shopping is so that's the way they shop. And there are a lot of things to look out for, aren't there?
Speaker 3: There are?
Speaker 4: Now, I don't do a whole lot of online shopping, but I don't do a whole lot of shopping Gary, Jeff, I'm in the same boat as you. You know, it seems like every day if I'm working from home, the Amazon truck out there and the ups fed ex.
Speaker 1: Et cetera.
Speaker 4: They're just running up my street. And you know, there's like a path through my grass to the front door for the stuff that's showing up continuously. So I understand, Yeah, there are a lot of things to look out for.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 4: I think back in the day when online commerce e commerce first became a thing, people had all kinds of concerns, and you know, obviously most of those have been unfounded.
Speaker 3: People shop online.
Speaker 4: I think probably most people do most of their shopping online at this point. When you look at the numbers from things like Black Friday and you know, Christmas shopping and so forth, the numbers just seem to get larger and larger and larger. Itsier, and I get the convenience factor of it. It's nice to be able to, you know, shop multiple sites at one time, try to find the best deal, have things shipped to you from the comfort of your home, especially around the holidays. And not fighting the crowds. But like so many things you and I talk about all the time, and John points out in this story, there's just a never ending stream of scams out there, whether it's you know, phishing emails that claim to be a deal that's too good to be true and you get there and it's some kind of just straight up scam, or they're sending you to some kind of garbage in place of whatever it is you think you ordered, or it's the kind of thing he's talking about here. And this goes back to something you and I have talked about so many times as it relates to scams. It's so easy for the bad guys to spoof things, to make something that looks real but isn't. It's so easy to set up a website, a copy and existing website and paste it in. Essentially it costs next to nothing to do this. It's easy for the bad guys. And what he what he dives into here is the idea of these super deep discount shops. So you know, these internet trends hit all the time, here's the cool thing to buy. You know, until recently, Gary, Jeff, I'm so square. I had no idea what a hay dude shoe is. I'm sure you probably have a whole closet full right like a middle of Marcos level.
Speaker 1: No, Dave, I'm reading the article and I see hey dude shoes for just seven dollars, and I'm like, okay, so yeah, yeah.
Speaker 3: That's exactly my thank it for.
Speaker 4: Well, I'm not sure what that hey dude shoe even is, but what he's trying to bring to attention, and you know, I appreciate the opportunity to work with you and him and all these folks to just try to get the word out to folks. Is you know, again, when a what a trend catches hold, whether there's some hot new product or whatever out there, it's really easy for the bad guys to set up a fake site to make it feel real, to send that emails and texts. I lately have been getting just a ridiculous amount of clearly focused texts not necessarily related to this, just in general. You know your phone number has been leaked so many times now, it's easy for the bad guys to get It's easy to write a program that can just literally generate every US phone number because they follow a known pattern. My point being it's it's so easy for the bad guys to get to you social media, email, text, whatever. It's easy for them to set up these fake sites. And I mean, and sometimes it's it's a partial scam. You know, you're going to send your money in and they're going to send you a product. It's going to be a knockoff, it's going to be some cheap garbage, it's not going to be what you're paid for. And in other cases it's just a straight up scam. You know, they make it look realistic. You send your money and you never get anything right because most of the time they're off shore somewhere in a place where at best the country turns a blind eye to it, and at worst they're complicit in it. So yeah, it's important to understand that. You know, the old adage is still true, Gary Jeff. Like so many things, if it's if the deal seems too good to be true, probably is Be careful, move cautiously. Check sites like the Better Business Brew and remember, just because you see online reviews on one of these sites doesn't mean they're not fake too, right, That's really really easy to do.
Speaker 1: So, did your curiosity get the best of you Dave Hadter and you and you did some research. What are hey dude shoes? And why are why is it seven dollars deal?
Speaker 4: They're, as best I can tell, kind of like slip on shoes, and they kind of remind me. Now I'm old enough, Garrett, you have to remember the van's craze in the eighties. This reminds me a little bit of that, because the ones I've seen anyway kind of slip on, some kind of casual comfort focus shoes. They they look to me, I don't own any kind of cheap but for whatever reason, I don't know if it's the name.
Speaker 3: I don't know if it's.
Speaker 4: The style, because they've got a lot of different styles from what I can tell, but it seems to be very very popular, and I don't really understand it, to be.
Speaker 3: Honest with you.
Speaker 1: I mean, how can you tell if it's a real site that you're shopping.
Speaker 4: Well, it can be difficult, you know, look at the URL, look for quality in the site itself, but again that's easy to duplicate. If there's no contact information or if it's really really difficult to find, like what's the phone number? If I'm having an issue with my order? Where is the thing physically located? You know, if you can't find that information, those are good signs that something might be up. Again, you can check a site like Better Business Bureau to see if there are complaints against that, YELP, trust pilot sites that attempt to give consumers a way to get some insight into is a site legitimate. Again, these are not guarantees. Garrit jeff Right. Because it's so easy to set these things up and so cheap, they can do it quickly. They can set one up, run a scam for a while, tear it down. But again, if you can't find any contact information, if there's no contact form, there's no phone number, no address, those are all strong red flags. Another thing you can do, if you're a little nerdier is you can use a site like who is to try to see when was the domain associated with that website, the URL, the address you go to, when was that registered? If that's only been online for a month or two, good likelihood.
Speaker 3: That's a scam.
Speaker 4: Right, your average retail store that's legit hasn't just popped up in the last month or two. So again, these are all red flags, not a guarantee that something is illegitimate.
Speaker 3: But if it seems too good to be true, be careful.
Speaker 1: This slow probably is.
Speaker 4: Yeah, if they're selling you something that's a hot product for ninety percent off high high high, high likelihood of scam.
Speaker 1: All right, when we return with Dave Hadder the yes you Can Trend and chat GPT stuff. Plus I have a question from a listener. As we continue on this Friday morning on fifty five KRC, the talk station from Iart. It's the morning show for a Friday, June twenty seventh. I'm Gary Jeff Walker in for Brian Thomas. At six forty one. We are doing the usual Friday tech talk dance with Dave Hatter and from tech Talk to TikTok the Yes you Can Trend Dave, this is this is like, hey, dude, choose. But I'm not a teenage girl, so maybe I shouldn't know what yes you can is. And maybe and maybe teenage girls shouldn't know what that is either.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they probably shouldn't in light of what looks like is happening here. But I gotta give a hat hip to Joe there. The Kansas Sparks of the Tempest was a nice touch.
Speaker 3: I appreciate that point.
Speaker 1: You know, before before you get started. Did you ever see Kansas Live, Dave?
Speaker 3: I did several times.
Speaker 1: Man, that was was Steve Walsh, the front man and the keyboard player. He was because do you remember do you remember the incredible flying leg kicks Steve Walsh would do on stage while he while he's singing and playing the keyboards. It was the most amazing thing ever seeing.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they're a great live ban back in the day. Now, I mean I didn't see them in their heyday. I was too young, but I've saw them several times in the nineties and early two thousands. Put on a great show and again huge fans. Sparks the Tempest. Everyone should go listen to that song. It's rather prophetic. But late seventies, early eighties I saw him great, good, good stuff, good stuff. Anyway, So Parents Magazine did this story. Experts say the yes you can trend can lead to grooming what parents need to know, And you know, as a parent, I thought that headline was pretty disturbing. And Gary, Jeff, you know, I'm no TikTok fan. No, I have a lot of concerns with TikTok, not just the data collection they're doing. Because they're owned by a Chinese company, but also they're the possibility that you are being persuaded and propagandized through this Chinese Communist Party controlled app. But all that said, you know, one of the things that TikTok has been known for, besides cute cat videos and that sort of thing, is these trending things that will pop up some cases harmful to people. They get people to try to do stupid stuff, you know, et cetera. And in this particular case, I'll just read you what a licensed social worker says. The yes you Can trend is sophisticated digital grooming disguised as girl empowerment. And in this particular article, if you're a parent and you have daughters, I strongly encourage you to go read it. It's got a lot of quotes from experts in the field. Again, I'm no expert on psychiatry or psychology. I just know that these kinds of things happen on TikTok all the time, and as a parent of a daughter who is now an adult, so I'm not as worried about this in her case.
Speaker 3: It's pretty disturbing.
Speaker 4: And the basic gist is you get these trends popping up of people saying, Oh, you shouldn't do X, Y or Z, and then apparently there's a song that they play, Yes you can. And the idea is, again, according to all of these experts that have seen this, it's trying to groom young girls into doing things that they shouldn't do and ideally set them up for a predator, like you know, you shouldn't date older people. Yes you can sort of thing.
Speaker 9: You know.
Speaker 4: Again, another quote, the yes you can trend also brings a high level of risk, including the possibility of online sexual solicitation, says Diana Lampkins, a licensed social worker. Apparently, and again there's a bunch of quotes in here from people that work in the field and would know a lot more about the potential psychological dangers of this, But I would just remind folks, even if you forget about this particular trend that's yes you can think you know, whether it's sextortion criminals looking to get young kids usually boys in this case, into compromising positions and then extort money from them, which has led too many suicides sadly and tragically enough, or it's predators out there who are trying to build relationships to your kids or with your kids, rather through tools like social media or online gaming. You know, again, I have nothing against video games. Scared, Yeah, that's how I got in this business in the first place. But understand, in modern video games, almost all of them support a multiplayer experience, So you're online, you're playing the game with other people. There's nothing that would stop a forty two year old man from pretending to be a fifteen year old girl right and trying to build some rapport or build up that relationship. So understand that this particular trend could.
Speaker 1: Lead to.
Speaker 4: Sextortion, it could lead to you know, real world physical predators.
Speaker 3: Trying to get to your kids.
Speaker 4: And sadly, it's just one of the many things you have to worry about as a parent. Now, you know, you need to talk to your kids about this. You need to warn them about these kind of things. You need to understand what they're doing. You need to make them feel comfortable that they can come talk to you if something unusual or uncomfortable is happening to them online. Because you know, whether you just don't like this sort of idea this thing is creating, or it's you know, really designed for predators to get to your kids, you need to warn them about these kind of things.
Speaker 1: And I hate that.
Speaker 3: I hate that's the way that is. But that's where we're at.
Speaker 1: Well, you know, here's the thing, Dave, And let's be honest about this. It's human nature, especially for a teenager boy or girl, to be enticed and be tempted to do things they know they shouldn't be doing. Yep, without any kind of urging from social media or TikTok or anywhere else. This was always an issue. This was always a problem that parents were facing and challenges that were put in front of teens who were still developing in every single way, you know, sexually and mentally and physically. But now you add the extra element of this and it's so ubiquitous, everybody's online doing god knows what. It has exponentially increased the risk of someone a young person, getting into some serious trouble and being you know, too far down into it by the time they or somebody else finds out. So that this is definitely something that parents should watch, and it's definitely something that parents should and a lot of this is on parents themselves for knowing exactly what their kids are into and for you know, headed off at the past the best way they.
Speaker 4: Can, right, Yeah, And it's it's a tricky challenge because you know, the kids are usually several steps ahead with the stuff. They know what the latest cool things are and platforms and where to go and that sort of thing. But yeah, I think you're right. I'll give you one last quick quote from this article and I'll put this to the show notes, because if you're a parent or a grandparent, you really should read what these folks are saying about.
Speaker 3: You know, this particular thing.
Speaker 4: This, yes, you can challenge, but just TikTok and these trends in general, most important, only help teens understand their developing brains, make them particularly vulnerable to manipulative content. That asking for guidance shows strength, not weakness. And then it goes on to say the key message in one pas to understand is that this isn't just another quote dangerous challenge unquote, it's a sophisticated.
Speaker 3: Form of manipulation.
Speaker 4: Again, one of the major knocks on TikTok in the first place.
Speaker 3: Scary, Yeah.
Speaker 1: Absolute Dave Hatter on a Friday morning back after a break on fifty five KRC, the talk station. A heat advisory in effect until eight pm this evening. It may be extended into the weekend because the heat and humidity remain to be the major weather story. A chance of afternoon our evening pop up storms as possible both today tomorrow and more than likely later in the day. On Sunday, Steamy and seventy two at fifty five KRCB.
Speaker 11: Talk station from the UC Health Traffic Center. At you See Health, you'll find comprehensive care that's so personal it makes your best tomorrow possible. That's boundless care for better outcomes. Expect more heelp dot com. Traffic doesn't too bad on the main roads and freeways. I'm just keeping an eye on the building traffic volumes. We had an accident for seventy one southbound before two seventy five. It's already clearing out of the way. Watch four slowdowns though. From Alexandria Heike. I'm Heather Pasco on fifty five krc betump station.
Speaker 1: Good morning to my wife Chris to two point oho who thinks Stixon, Kansas is the same band? Dave Hatter joins us for one more segment on the Friday Tech Talk from Interest It to you your onn fifty five KRC, chat GPT apparently is so ever present on the Internet that it's hobbling the development of future AI. Explain this to.
Speaker 4: Me, Yeah, this is an interesting idea. You may have heard the term, if you follow this space at all, slop. The idea that these generative AI tools chat, TPT, copilot grock, clawed perplexity, some of the gemini from Google are generating so much content now and it's feeding off itself, which you're like in a situation of entropy. And on a related note, now, let me give you the headline here this kind of helps set the stage for this. This is from an online magazine called Ours Technica. Scientists once hoarded pre nuclear steel, now we're hoarding pre AI content, and it says newly announced catalog collects please three twenty twenty two sources untouched by chat, GPT and AI contamination. The idea is content created before twenty twenty two was mostly, if not entirely, written by human beings. Now you increasingly have human beings using these generative AI tools to create content. And because they feed off of each other, and because the nature of the way these things work, you're getting to a place where you're getting.
Speaker 3: This more and more slot more carbage.
Speaker 4: Because there's a reminder, Gary Jeffson, I want to be clear here, I'm not saying that these kinds of tools the chat GPT's in the world now. I personally prefer Rock from X. But these tools can't be useful. But they have a lot of issues, one being input risk. When you put content into these things, it's going unless you have a free, separate stand not free, a standalone model generally that you're paying for. When you put content init these things, it's going into their base model, which means anything you put into it is potentially available to someone else. So any kind of sensitive data, anything that's proprietary, if you put it into the free version of chat, GPT or grock or whatever, it has now become part of their model. They can do whatever they want with it, including serve it up to someone else. So that's part of the problem. But the real problem in my mind is output risk, which is the idea that these things just make things up. They hallucinate or can fabulate hallucination as a well known term. They just literally will make things up. And then we'll argue with you to try to convince you that it's real. And so if I use chatch ept today and it makes something up and I publish that, and then that feeds into let's say, the perplexity model, because it finds it online. Okay, so now something that is confabulated is now in that model. It just feeds itself in a slowly devolving kind of thing. And again this idea of pre nuclear steel steel that was not impacted by the nuclear blasts in the forties. Again it gets into physics, but it's an interesting analogy. And the point is is more and more and more content, and I believe you can start to see the entropy, or sometimes it's called model collapse and things like AI generated art. Right, it's gotten better in many ways, but in some ways now it's all starting to look the same. So I'm not an expert on the inner workings of these things. All I know is there's an enormous amount of hype and hyperbole out there around how we're all going to die and this is going to take all.
Speaker 3: The jobs and all this sort of stuff.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but when you really look in to this and you understand how these things work to the extent you can because they're almost all a black box. And you can't really know when you understand this idea of slop that the content, because it feeds off of itself, is leading towards this idea of model collapse. And that's a controversial topic. There's a lot of experts that say it's a real thing. It's coming that these things, you know, I will say this, Gary, Jeff, I think they're right about what they're saying. And I think that these generative AI models, the large language model driven products like CHATGPT have potentially peaked because of this and because there's no new content for them to read, and now they're reading their own stuff. You know, what is the old drug dealer thing, don't get high off your own supply? Yeah, you know, And that I do not believe these large language model based AI products are going to take all the jobs or wipe us out anytime soon.
Speaker 1: Well the next time, let's just say that, the next time we talk, we'll find out how you know, drug dealer sling slang and get.
Speaker 3: Read it on the internet.
Speaker 1: Carries johh Okay sure Dave had her from his trust it this morning with Friday Tech Talk. Good information. As always, my friend and we'll talk to you soon. Thank you. All right, It's six fifty six and some change. Corey Bowman coming up after seven on fifty five KRSC the Talk Station. Big things are happening.
Speaker 2: This justin will tell you more at the top of the hour.
Speaker 11: What they are doing is terrorizing immigrant families.
Speaker 2: Fifty five krs the Talk Station.
Speaker 1: This report is sponsored by Aqua Adventures.
Speaker 2: For instance, Access to Your World. Couldn't live without it fifty five krs The Talk.
Speaker 1: Station except when it gains Partley Cloudy six minutes past the hour, seven oh six Eastern Time. That is Gary jeff In for Brian Thomas on the Morning Show on this Friday, June the twenty seventh. Hard to believe. We're almost at the fourth of July. Certainly feels like it weatherwise, anyway. In this half hour, joining us pastor coffee shop entrepreneur, prolific people producing person along with his wife and also candidate for mayor of Cincinnati, Corey Bowman joins us this morning. It's always great to talk to you, brother, Corey. How are you doing? Just that?
Speaker 13: Prolific People Producer is a great title.
Speaker 1: Just had your fourth right.
Speaker 12: About to still waiting.
Speaker 1: Oh, Okay, I didn't know that bun was still in the oven, but congratulations to you and your wife when that happens, that blessed event. I mean, the good book said go forth and multiply, and you were definitely following the Lord's advice on that one. I'll give you there. We're doing our best, all right. So there was a television story and just another television story about crime in OTR and downtown in the West End, and the police chief, Teresa Thichi, claims that violent crime overall has been down this year before a surge in the last month. The data backs up the violent crime claims for the year, but also shows an uptick in all reported crimes in Cincinnati and those three neighborhoods. And this has been a trend starting in about twenty twenty two. And you know, I find this is an odd coincidence, perhaps maybe perhaps not with the current leadership in the city of Cincinnati. And I'll say that when John Cranley was mayor and we had somebody like Chris Smithman as the vice mayor and the head of public safety in the City of Cincinnati, even during what we're nationally more turbulent times, say the infamous Summer of Not Love in twenty twenty and everything that happened then in the wake of George Floyd. Violent crime did not start to tick up until the new administration came into power of Aptab Pureval and new police chief, a new sheriff. And I don't know if it's correlative. I don't know if there's a direct correlation between the rise in crime in the city of Cincinnati. It just seems an odd happenstance because I think a lot more people at least had a feeling of confidence in public safety that does not exist now when the previous administration was in power. Are you getting where I'm saying and getting where I'm going with this, Corey.
Speaker 12: No, absolutely. You know, this is an issue that is very important at.
Speaker 13: The forefront of everybody that lives in the city of Cincinnati. When we first started this race for mayor, we started asking people what's the most important issues that you care about in our city? And nine times, in point nine times out of ten, all of them would say that crime was.
Speaker 12: A major issue that they were dealing with.
Speaker 13: These were business owners in the city, these were residents, people that were raising their families, And I want to say this that you know, our heart and our respect goes out to all the officers of Cincinnati Police Department, Hamilton County Sheriff's Department. These officers, we've talked with them more than anybody, especially this last month, having one on one conversations with people from every rank and every position. And these are officers that put their lives on the line every day. They have a hard to truly protect and serve our communities.
Speaker 12: And what you're seeing.
Speaker 13: Right now is not only devastating to the city, but it's devastating to these officers because they want to do their job, they want to protect and serve. But this is a direct correlation with the leadership.
Speaker 12: You know, a lot of people.
Speaker 13: Are running stories that you know, I'm the first Republican to run.
Speaker 12: As mayor in sixteen years.
Speaker 13: There hasn't been a Republican mayor in almost fifty years. But you mentioned previous administrations. Even though it might be on size that some people disagree on, the reality of it is that.
Speaker 12: When it came to crime, when it came to.
Speaker 13: The management of protecting our citizens in our city, there were certain people that did it a lot better. But the last four years we have seen a steep decline in the management of what it takes to truly protect our citizens.
Speaker 1: Well was quoted as saying that the recent rise in crime was unacceptable. This is about the third or fourth time he's used that term and describing some horrific act including the Heronser murder at his home in otr that sadly we had to witness, and the herons your family is having to deal with still and not feeling like the city of Cincinnati as being really responsive to that awful murder that happened in someone's private home, not on the streets of Cincinnati. And all the mayor can come up and say, is it's unacceptable. He's been saying that about numerous things for the last few years. And is there is there a rise in crime? Is there a rise in murder that is acceptable? Isn't it all unacceptable? Corey? That's that's what I find surprising about him using that term over and over again, and still nothing seemingly is getting done about it. And let's be honest too, Now, no one person, whether it's the mayor or the chief of police or the sheriff, can you know, put his hand out and wave a magic wand and stop violence or stop people from doing criminal things. But there's a pattern of policies, and there is a pattern of I don't know, misappropriation of resources perhaps, or that can affect this directly. It's not like mayor pure vol could come out tomorrow and perform some magical spell and it would all stop. We understand that. But there is a way of producing better results.
Speaker 12: Let's say no, no, absolutely.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 13: One of those big issues that people care about as well is having to do with the budget and the city budget. And what I tell people when it comes to financial budget, there's no perfect budget. There's no like, Okay, I'm going to download this template and then this is going to solve all my problems. It's something you have to consistently work at and it all has to deal with principles and priorities. That's why I tell people any budget is going to be effective is you have the right principles and priorities. And that's going to be the same way when it comes to your administration's approach to crime and your local police officers. What's been happening right now is that the principles and priorities of the administration hasn't been its officers. It hasn't been the police department. Yeah, we can throw out numbers that what they're doing with the budget, but when it comes to the culture of what's happening at city Hall, they put more emphasis on social issues.
Speaker 12: They put more.
Speaker 13: Emphasis on community initiatives, which in my mind that a lot of them are going nowhere. They put a lot of emphasis on things rather than just hitting the target of backing our police officers. Now, it's not about being a militant state. It's about letting these officers truly be a part of their communities that they want to protect uncert So these are and it has to do with administrative decisions as well. You know, you mentioned Patrick Herringer that got brutally murdered in his home in OTR and his wife, Sarah heart goes out to her and all the people that were connected to his gym that they owned. But in response to that, you know what they did was they moved a lot of officers to OTR to be able to protect people, to show that they are meaning business. But behind the scenes you see that a lot of officers were pulled from other districts. Well, then you have Let's not forget Charles Smith. Charles Smith was a fifty five year old veteran who worked at the Cincinnati VA Medical Center and that week, in response when the police officers were moved to OTR, this man was murdered in the North Side in Cummingsville. And so this is what's happening, is that these administrative decisions are leading to results that aren't favorable to the people in our community. We've got to be able to make better decisions. We got to be able to put better people in place from the administrative side of things. And because all the weight of the world is coming on our officers and they need to be able to know that their leadership is behind them one hundred percent, that their leadership is going to make the right decisions. That yes, they're being put in harm's way every day, but there are certain aspects that's going to prevent bad situations from happening. And so the morale of the officers is huge when it.
Speaker 12: Comes to all this.
Speaker 13: When it comes to recruitment, when it comes to training, a lot of officers are taking their retirement options right now just because they're ready to get out. Then they don't want to deal with it, and a lot of the times when you sign up for extra shifts, or when you sign up for extra coverage over the weekend, when you're being told that you're going to go to OTR, or you're not even told you're just going to be put to OTR, but you're not familiar with the area, it's just kind of a rash decision. Law of officers don't even want to sign up for these shifts anymore. So there's a lot of things that need to be worked on. And this isn't just something that needs to be fixed after the election November. This is stuff that needs to be happening right now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Yeah, Corey Bowman, I tell you what. We'll take a quick break when we come back. I'm going to talk about a post that I saw from you on a recent trip to visit the SWAT team here in Cincinnati and once you've found out about their obvious lack of requested resources. It's seven seventeen on this Friday morning at fifty five KRC, the talk station. Our Ihearthar and Mayor I have toa pure vol to the recent rise in crime and violent crime in the last month or so unacceptable. This is that term over and over again talking to may Earl candidate Corey Bowman and Corey, you had an interesting visit with a high ranking officer and the Cincinnati Swat team recently that you posted, and tell me what you found out in that meeting, Corey.
Speaker 13: Yeah, so this is just a chance of currency. I was going up to police officers on the street and just thanking them for what they're doing. You know, I tell them this isn't a political ploy.
Speaker 12: I'm sincerely thankful for.
Speaker 13: All you guys protecting our city. And one officer specifically, he was a part of the swat team. We just started talking and you know, I just said, how are things going for you guys, and he said, you know, there's you know, a big issue for us is going to be our tactical gear, which that's in the name SWAT. You know, so this is a specific part of the police department that has to deal with certain things that other officers don't, and a key part of their team has to do with their gear and their equipment. And he said that I've put in multiple requests to the city leadership to be able to get funding for gear, and we've been denied consistently any one big thing about your local Cincinnati SWAT or let's say your local Cincinnati FBI, which isn't part you know, but these agencies that are local you have to coordinate with higher ranking, you know, organizations such as your federal level SWAP. And he said, whenever they work, whenever.
Speaker 12: They work with the higher level.
Speaker 13: SWAP teams from the state or from the federal.
Speaker 12: They're always inadequate. They always have to like they'll be, you know.
Speaker 13: Monitoring a situation where on the comms they'll say, hey, what do you guys see and it'll be in the middle of the night and they say, we don't see anything.
Speaker 12: We don't have night visions.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 13: And these are things to where I told one of the one of my friends who the business owner, and he was like, you know, I've looked him up, you know, in stores online. I'll buy the tactical gear form, I'll buy the night vision for our local Cincinnati SWAD if that's what they need. And that just shows you know that this is you know, we've got amazing officers. We've got amazing people in our police departments that want to do their jobs and they're being held back not only by what we just mentioned with the equipment and not being you know, not being funded properly, but also you know, just to support just the support of you know, there's certain laws in place that non pursuit laws or certain directives from the top that keep these officers from really doing the jobs that they need to do in the city.
Speaker 1: Well, you know, the police chief ESA's teacher says that violent crime overall has been down this year, and yet the answer and had a press conference on Tuesday, included adding more officers to all four of cpds violence crime squad units. Well, if violent crime is down, why do you need more officers in your violent crime units? Me exactly, Yeah, go ahead.
Speaker 13: The statistics that they're using, you know a lot of times they'll they'll celebrate and they'll say that all homicides are down because it'll be one less, you.
Speaker 12: Know, overall of the year than it was the previous year.
Speaker 13: Right, but you know, auto thefts and auto crimes are up, spiking ninety eight percent since the previous years. You know, when you're talking about aggravated assault, when you're talking about robbery, when you talk about other things that affect our community, these things are spiking and going up and that's on their websites, that's on their statistics, and that's not to mention the unreported crimes. The people I mean, I talk with people.
Speaker 12: We are our.
Speaker 13: Business and our coffee shops and now residents is within the West End, and you've got to realize that whenever we talk to people downtown gunshots or certain crimes that happen, people don't even bother calling in.
Speaker 12: Or reporting the crime because they're.
Speaker 1: Like, what are they going to do?
Speaker 13: Nothing's going to happen. And that's a large part because the directives that they're getting from the top well.
Speaker 1: And after a while, people become desensitized to if it happens all the time, and there has to be a way to get a better grip on this. Corey, and I hope you get the chance to show us what you can do.
Speaker 12: Yeah. Absolutely, I mean I'll end it with this.
Speaker 13: I think a huge part of this, I've been pushing this, I created a huge part of this has to be the emergency call center in our city. We have to be able to give the responsibility of this call center back to the Cincinnati Police Department, because what's happening is that this call center dispatched they have the choice whether you like it or not, whether you call nine to one one or not, whether you think it's an emergency or not. They have the ability of dispatching their choice of either a three one one CI community officer, an ARC officer which is just a fireman and a mental health specialist, or an actual CPD officer. And that relationship between the officers and the city is being divided by that call center and all the policies that are in place there as well. And so we've got to restore the relationship between the community, the city and.
Speaker 12: The police officers. We've got to show people that these.
Speaker 13: Officers are there protect and serve and a community that's united under that, you're going to.
Speaker 12: See crime go down.
Speaker 13: You're going to see the protection that we need.
Speaker 10: Right.
Speaker 1: Very good, Corey Bowman, candidate for mayor, pastor, entrepreneur, prolific people, producer, and our guest this morning, Thank you so much for your time, my friend, and continue continue finding out what you can find out, and hopefully you will be in a position to help out the rest of the citizens of Cincinnati come November. It's seven twenty seven on this Friday morning at fifty five KRC de Talk Station. Dan Hills up next.
Speaker 2: From iHeart Podcast before.
Speaker 1: Sing, A guy who knows a lot about real life heroes on the streets, joins us. Now in this half hour, we're just talking with Corey Bowman, candidate for mayor, about the challenges that Cincinnati Police are facing and then officers face regardless of where they are every day. But it seems like Cincinnati Police right now aret a turning point with the current administration. A guy who worked with many different administrations and city councils in his time as president with the Fraternal Order of Police now with the frontline advisors. Dan Hills joins us and Danny, I wanted to talk to you this morning because this is as the subject you know very well, it is near and dear to your heart as someone who was in the mix. And there was a time in the City of Cincinnati's history, and I'm sure you had your differences with people like John Cranleigh and the council, but there seemed to be at least people in the Mayor's office and people like Chris Smitherman in particular, who really had the police's best interest at heart. And we're responding to public safety in a way this current administration is not would you agree with that? Oh, Gary Jesse.
Speaker 14: I mean, the majority of the time I was the President of the Union, I had John Cranley as the mayor. And while we might not, you know, be hand in hand and most political discussions, especially like at the national level or anything like that, John Cranley believed in law and order. And you know, he's he's part of a breed that is quickly becoming extinct, and that's a moderate Democrat. And you saw what happened to him when he when he attempted to run for governor, he got absolutely slaughtered by the far left. So you know, we could, we could, we could probably have some sort of services or funeral for the moderate Democrats. And until we have a Bible second party, I think you already started talking about.
Speaker 9: What's what's most effected and most damaged is is our urban areas that that is controlled by these far left wingers. And yeah, it's a big difference between John Cranley and what we have now with they have had well.
Speaker 1: Major metropolitan areas in this country all over the country are our Democrat dominated.
Speaker 8: Uh.
Speaker 1: That hasn't changed in many respects for fifty sixty years. Some cases, some major cities have always had Democrat leadership. What has changed is the Democrat party itself. And I was talking about this earlier. Now we know that in New York City the Democrats and the people who vote Democrat have gone full scale Marxist Communists by electing this guy Mondani in the primary on Tuesday for the next mayor of NYC. The big apple is going to be I don't know, the big Gulag. It's going to be Beijing. That's right, basically, essentially, with that guy in charge, if he wins in the general election in November, new York City's gone. I heard that result and heard what he was preaching, you know, and his snake oil salesman way, very very slick, very polished, I'll give him that, and being I guess honest to his constituency, which are the Bernie Sanders, the Aocs of the world. But when I heard that, the first thing I thought of was a movie Escape from New York with Snake Blisken and Donald Pleasants as the Duke of New York. And it's just a giant maximum security prison that's walled off from the rest of the country. And that's exactly what it's going to become if this guy becomes mayor and the policies that he has promised are enacted, because anybody who cares about living in a free country is going to be out of that. And that's a lot of the wealth and a lot of the people that he wants to soak in tax dollars for all of his social programs are going to leave, and he's not going to have a pool of people. But this is where the Democrat Party is over all in this country. It's been taken over by these Marxists and these communists. And there's finally a tell me if I'm wrong. There's finally a very there always was, but now it's the clearest definition between the two parties that has ever been. Yes, oh yeah, I don't even know.
Speaker 14: I'm trying to think of a word that would describe the separation between the two parties now a canyon. It's there's no reaching out to the left anymore. And you talk about the people that are going to be leaving New York, Cary, Jeff, what about the cops? You know, if if I thought maybe I could get a job in Florida or even even upstate New York, you know, Syracuse or Alany or somewhere where maybe they're not totally insane, because he's talking about defunding the cops, basically getting rid of the police department, and it would be a free for all. It would be it would be chaos, the anarchy. You know, I'm sitting there. I'd have to break out my fasaaris here and come.
Speaker 15: Up with some Yeah, I'm just thinking, Dan, I'm thinking Duke of New a One, Duke of New York, and there's Snake Blisken trying to liberate people from this totalitarian dictator who's taken control of what is essentially a maximum security prison of eight million people, walled off from the rest of the country, and God forbid if any of them escape.
Speaker 1: I mean, I just rewatch that one.
Speaker 9: I barely remember it from my youth, so I'll have to watch it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was just like a flashback of forty years. That's the first thing I thought of. We're talking to Danny Hills from Frontline Advisors this morning, and if you will indulge me, Dan, we'll be right back after this break on fifty five krs the talk station. It's the marketers blind advisors here this morning. And Dan in my conversation with Corey Bowman, who of course is running from mayor of Cincinnati. Yeah, but that would be a heck of a shock. It would be a good shock, but it would a heck of a shock if that can happen in November. Uh. And and he was talking about his meeting with a high ranking member of the Cincinnati SWAT team about how basically if they're working in conjunction with federal teams, they feel embarrassed because of their lack of equipment. Did you run into that in your time with FOP that there was a problem of not being able to get the proper equipment like night vision goggles and other vestiments and stuff. What was what were the issues back then?
Speaker 7: I'm not going to say quite.
Speaker 1: We're at a level of embarrassment.
Speaker 9: I think we had I was on the swat team as a negotiator for twenty years.
Speaker 7: And we we had taken a big step up.
Speaker 1: What I'm going to first started.
Speaker 9: Our our armored vehicle was an old bank truck or armored vehicle.
Speaker 1: Oh that had been.
Speaker 9: Adapted, but we we actually got a true vehicle for the intended purpose of what we did, and there was night vision and things.
Speaker 7: I mean, we can always use better and better equipment.
Speaker 9: I think the one thing that maybe they're referring to is the big advancements other agencies have taken in robotics and stuff. I think we're still kind of in the early stages of that now. Since I've been out of the game with SWAT for a number of years.
Speaker 7: Because once I was FOP president wasn't.
Speaker 14: Able to participate in that, I would say I'm not your most informed person on where we stand in equipment wise with SWATS. So if you were talking to if you had a source of information Garry Jeff and that source of information was one of the higher ranking people in SWAT and they had they had issues, I will not be on.
Speaker 7: This radio show debating those issues.
Speaker 1: No, No, I understand. I just wondered if anything had changed and we'd taken a step back in the last few years instead of not that.
Speaker 14: Like I said, not not that I personally am aware. And I said, we had some pretty good equipment. Uh, you know, we had the best best and ballistics and stuff that I thought was available at the time, with some heavy stuff, let me tell you, but it was the type of stuff that could actually you know, take rifle around from all that, and so uh I felt, I felt when I.
Speaker 9: Was with SWAT that we had some pretty good gear. Right, There's always something better out there. There's always some new generation thing coming in. Like I said, if anything, robotics and drones and stuff is the way of the future to uh, you know, anything you can do to avoid that that confrontation with you know, an armed person that's barricaded, especially you know, god forbid they have something high powered rifle or whatever. And as we always said the negotiated in the negotiating world, time is on our side. The actual you know, counting down to an assassination of a hostage or something like that, statistically is so so rare it's and quite frankly, most of our situations were barricaded person's, not true hostage situations. So time is on our side. We'd much rather wait somebody out, or if need be, do a little tear gas and themount yeah, flash bangs, all sorts of different tools we would use to get the bad guy to come outside where we had the tactical advantage, because going inside made the.
Speaker 14: Made the tactical advantage not as great. I mean, our folks were so well trained and are still I'm sure very well trained, that we end up taking tactical advantage. But the home has a lot of unknowns and so if we can we can get a surrender.
Speaker 6: That is the name of the game with negotiations.
Speaker 1: Do you think the Cincinnati Department is still handcuffed and hamstrung by the original collaborative?
Speaker 9: You know, I think across the board it's the officers on the street feel handcuffed, and is because of they have seen they have seen the lack of support when there's critical incidents.
Speaker 1: They see the people.
Speaker 9: That are uh, you know, crying out and saying saying whatever it takes to.
Speaker 1: Get re elected.
Speaker 14: You know, in the way they've they've built this uh mecca of of police questioning in the c c A.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 9: It all it all comes down to, you know, officers, do they have the confidence to be proactive, you know, stop people, whether that that that stop is for uh, you know, an equipment violation or something that manner to investigate further. And in the areas where you have a lot of drug activity, therefore.
Speaker 7: You know a lot of violence in all locations.
Speaker 14: So uh does the community support the police being proactive, because if you're squared away, if you get stop carriage just and s over, and you got a license and you don't have no warrants and you don't have a whole bunch of U of uh meth or crack or whatever in your possession, that traffic stop is going to be a short one, and it's going to be one that is not, you know, a confrontational one.
Speaker 1: When I drive, When I drive in Cincinnati, I always make sure that whatever cracker meth I have is is under the legal helm. Yeah, keep it at home.
Speaker 7: Gary, You gotta keep your crack, keep your.
Speaker 1: Medal, right right, don't don't drive around with that, I mean, you know, because because then they're probably going to find my my non registered nine millimeter. You don't that either. We're talking with Tan Hills. Dan, you got time for one more quick segment?
Speaker 7: Oh you bet, Gary je I was always happy to.
Speaker 1: Dan Hills from Frontline Advisors this morning with me on fifty five krs C the talk station from front Line and Advisors this morning, Dan, are we seeing finally the in the last couple of years, the fruition of the defund the police movement around the country and the false George Floyd narrative and everything else that was done to this nation, I believe, on purpose to try and defang law and order in this country. Is that what we're witnessing right now in Cincinnati and elsewhere. Yeah, no doubt.
Speaker 14: It's you know, the not that everything was all peaches and cream inside the urban areas of this country. But the George Floyd, like you said, call whatever riots protests, the conspiracy against law and order has handicapped law enforcement. And I imagine it will for some time, and you know, until people in inner cities start to wake up. And there's that's not a good sign what we're seeing in New York. You just you know, brought it up earlier. When will people that live in these ervan areas. I'm not saying that they're going to turn into Donald Trump buttters, but when will they start to modify their own party to at least believe in law and order again?
Speaker 1: Is the question I think. I think, I think will they ever? I mean, I don't know. I believe that the citizens of Cincinnati are starting to wake up, I really do, and I think the tide is turning. And uh, and I think some of the photo op. The photo op. Politicians are starting to maybe get get a grip on the fact that things are turning around from that defund the police sentiment that was so prevalent five years ago. I think that they're they're being forced to finally fulfill their commitment and their responsibility to public safety. I'm I'm saying this optimistically. I hope so, but it seems like the tide is turning publicly.
Speaker 14: I think there is a chance, especially you know, in Midwestern cities like Cincinnati. I mean, look, I don't think Corey Bowman is going to be the next mayor, but if he gets more votes than let you know, maybe any just ever expected that he would get that, that would be a sign here in Cincinnati that people are starting to wake up.
Speaker 1: And realize that the long the long.
Speaker 9: Term success of the city is not going to be there if people are afraid to go downtown and I just don't care to the assles of downtown. And my wife and I talked about going going downtown. That means we're going to downtown level And or downtown Lebanon, you know, and we could park. We know, we could park our car. We don't have to worry about getting hit over the head or our car getting broke into while we're gone. And you know, I know that there there are many people who go downtown and even live downtown and have a way to being crime victims. But in general, it's it's something that I think needs to get improved greatly for the city really to maintain success.
Speaker 1: It's a gamble you're not willing to take at this point, is what you're saying.
Speaker 7: I just don't feel I just don't feel like it most time now.
Speaker 9: If I had a really you know, if I had a really, really big reason, if Geary Jeff was, you know, having his fiftieth birthday party, right Gary, You're about that, about that age.
Speaker 1: If you're a decade and a half ago, where were.
Speaker 14: You, if you were having your if you were having a big party downtown or something, I would come down there and I would take the chances. I'm not I'm not that frightened by the city. But like I said, in a general everyday sense of the.
Speaker 1: Word, fifty, I owe you, I owe you, I owe you a Drake Dan Hills fifty. That'd be great. I'd love to be fifty again. Are you kidding me?
Speaker 7: Jeff, you look, you look forward, You look forty to me.
Speaker 1: Oh wow, I had no idea you were gay.
Speaker 7: Don't tell my wife.
Speaker 1: All right, well, Dan, thank you so much for being a part of the show this morning and being outed by me on the air. Dan Hills from Frontline Advisors. It's seven to fifty five. Richard Lyons, History and extraordinaire, joins us after the news break at eight o'clock. Oh jeez, all right, Joe, I'm done. Say no to the netting Yahoo. Trump will Injlan Another updates at the top of the hour. This cannot continue fifty five krs the talk station. It's eighty five. And have we progressed or regressed? That is the question? Al Carrie, Jeff Walker and for Brian Thomas. It's six minutes past eight o'clock Eastern and our next guest is historian, an author of a literary series concerning our constitutional republic, because that's what we are. We're not a democracy in the way that's bandied about all the time. We are a constitutional republic. But are we still This historian has examined all of this in the DNA of Democracy, which is Volume one. How and why our government was made volume two, Shadows of the Acropolis, How and Why our government has changed and boy has it? And Volume three How and Why we face dangers today? Passages through the Shadows is the name of volume three. And he's here now with us. Richard Lyons, Good morning, and welcome to the show.
Speaker 10: Oh great to be with you.
Speaker 12: Gary.
Speaker 1: It's always great to have you. Originally, when we were going to talk, we were going to talk about ten years of Trump since he came down that Golden escalator in twenty fifteen, and we can still do that a little bit. It's been actually a pretty good week for the president, and that may be understating it. Your thoughts on the last week for President Trump and then in the ten years since he came down that escalater and how he has influenced and possibly steered our nation back towards constitutionality if he's done that.
Speaker 10: If I might take a more general view, Gary, I would the last week has been tremendous and real great signs of America being respected again in the world. In the past ten years, if you take a thirty thousand foot view, Trump has realigned the Republican Party from being a junior partner to the Democrat Party's advanced towards socialism to being one more aligned with our founding principles, aligned with the Constitution. And at the same time he has shattered the Democrat Party from being one that could hide it's marched towards socialism, full socialism, to being one that Now you have persons like AOC who are plainly and Bernie Sanders plainly socialists, and they define themselves by being socialists. Previously, if you were LBJ at the time of the Great Society, which was a socialist program of redistribution, he had to hide the fact that he wanted to be a socialist. At the time, I think it was Tom Hayden Gary who said, look, if we want to win elections, we can't say we're socialists. We have to say we're other than socialists. We have to be liberals. Right, say we're liberals, but in fact be socialists. Today Trump has done a great, great favor to the country. He has brought realigned the Republican Party away from the Democrat Party and being more what it should be, a constitutional based party.
Speaker 1: Go ahead, yes, sir, no, you go ahead. Sorry, I was saying this earlier this morning, Richard, is that before, as you mentioned, the Democrats with their left leanings and socialist policies could hide and pretend they were something that they weren't. But the lines have never been more clearly defined. And I think you see that with the primary election on the Democrat primary of this guy Mondni in New York City. I mean, you are either. If you're a Democrat, you're a Marxist, you're a socialist. If you're a Republican, the realigned Republican Party, the MAGA realignment of that party through Donald Trump, it's clearly defined. These are the people on the side of freedom in the Constitution, and the Democrats are not. And there's literally no room for a quote moderate Democrat in today's Democrat Party.
Speaker 7: Is there.
Speaker 10: Well, that's the great gift. I think if you take the last ten years and think about how remarkable it is that he has changed both political parties, and you're exactly right in order to win a primary in the Democratic Party now, like Mandanmi, Mom, Donnie, I have a hard time pronouncing his name. Mam Donni. You have to say, I'm going to take everything from the rich and give it.
Speaker 1: To the poor.
Speaker 10: Well, if you have that power, you have power to take everything from everybody. Right, it's dictatory in a in a way.
Speaker 9: And so.
Speaker 10: I think it's being very well defined by the last ten years that they shift of the Republican Party towards the Constitution and the shift of the Democrat Party away from it is going to help the Republican Party over the next ten years at least.
Speaker 1: Do you believe that we will break trends the crystal ball out, we will break trends of the opposition party winning back Congress in the midterms. I don't. I don't see how the Democrat Party recovers in time to gain control of the House and Senate in twenty six do you I think?
Speaker 10: I think Gary, the idea should be to pronounce the differences between now and the midterms. Yeah, the difference in the differences between red states and blue states and how they're performing. And just look at you at law and order issue, or the tax issue, or the business flight or you know, these these remaining green issues and taxations and mandates, these are all things that if they're pronounced between now in the midterms, the Republicans are going to be very strong. If we can get the big beautiful bill through and then have that growth and then in the next year work on recision bills to contain spending. I think it will have a great showing in the midterms.
Speaker 1: Well, right now, the Senate and the House are battling and working over time to try and get the big beautiful bill so called past the Trump Agenda, which would of course extend President Trump's tax cuts into perpetuity. If they don't get it done, this false narrator that this is a tax cut for the uberwealthy was what was used. This is what was used back in twenty seventeen, and it didn't want it didn't work. Then it's I don't think it's going to work now, is it.
Speaker 10: Well, the number that needs to get out is that this was scored and the average middle class family of four will will have thirteen thousand dollars more at their discretion than given to a government that will waste it. Yeah, and that should be key to this should be the big message that you know, with thirteen thousand dollars, this is a big difference. Gary, With thirteen thousand dollars, you can send your kids to better schools. With thirteen thousand dollars, you can repair your house with thirteen thousand dollars you can help buy a truck to help your family business instead of giving it to the government. And that's the difference what they do in government. Oh, I'll take at thirteen thousand dollars and as a Democrat, I'm going to give it to somebody else who didn't earn it. That's the Democrats. The Republican should be. You get your money back, and that is freedom, That is freedom of choice.
Speaker 1: The best thing about the Doge movement movement in my idea, and this is another product of President Trump being president, was Dogee is that people finally got to see how their tax money. And you say, you take that thirteen thousand dollars and we'll give it to the poor. No, we're going to take that thirteen thousand dollars and we're going to launder it and return it, return it to our political cronies and ourselves by claiming it's foreign aid. I mean all of this, you know, million dollars here, two hundred million dollars there for transgender turtles in Guatemala, and all of the laughable, all of the other nonsense. And you're right, this recision bill that is coming down after the big tax cut bill, the big beautiful bill, is going to be terribly important to continuing the agenda of responsibility. Finally, in our federal government, I just don't know if they're capable of doing it.
Speaker 10: Richard, Well, the hardest thing for a government to do is to downsize, and the hardest thing for someone in power to do is to give up power. But you're exactly right. It is the end game of socialism that they say they're taking all the money that people earn for the poor, but in fact, in the end game, it's always for themselves. I mean, all you have to do is look at Castro or look to the example of Venezuela. It's always the head person and his cronies around him that get all the money, and then they use the rest of the money in police state to lock everybody down. And that's socialism. That's the reality. So when they're coming out now, this is the great gift of Trump to go back to the first question. They have to be who they are now by definition, they have to come out and they have to say I am socialist and this is what I want to do. But we have to define Okay, you want to take eighty percent of the money we earn, what are you going to do with it? It has to be defined that it actually goes to Stacy Abrams and her friends.
Speaker 1: All right, there we are in the subject of transgender turtles again, Richard, Yes exactly? Can you hold on for another segment? Real quick?
Speaker 6: Yes?
Speaker 10: Certain?
Speaker 1: Okay, great, more with historian Richard Lyons, author of the DNA of Democracy, Shadows of the Acropolis and Passages through the Shadows, talking about ten years of Trump and what that has meant for our country in a very positive way. Gary Jeff for Brian Thomas. This morning. It's eight seventeen on fifty five KRC the Talk station. A few minutes with Richard C. Lyons, author of Passages through the Shadows, the third part in his trilogy on constitutional and democratic government and to what it was intended to be, its history and where we are now? And Richard, I wanted to ask you real quick. We talked about President Trump's really exceptional week, from the successful military operation last weekend to the eventual ceasefire that still seems to be holding between Israel and Iran, and then the NATO success, and not only the NATO success of him getting almost all of those NATO countries to agree to five percent contribution of their GDP for their own defense and for the safety of Europe, but also the Supreme Court decisions that have come down in the President's favor, and there have been a few of those. Did you were you in support of what the President was doing in regards to stopping Iran's nuclear program and was this an important step in keeping us safe?
Speaker 10: In your use, Oh yeah absolutely. I wrote a book, Gary Colbott, By the Chance of War, and Part four was a prophecy that looks exactly like what would have happened if Iran had continued to having a nuclear capability. The thing that Trump looked at it and saw that they would have a launchable bomb within weeks. And if that happened, if Iran had had even one nuclear weapon, the whole game would have changed to one of being Iran being able to call Washington, DC and saying, unless you send me skins of money like Obama did, I'm going to send this nuke into Jerusalem and incinerate it. And that sort of blackmail is something we would have been subject to for the rest of time. And so I think it was a national victory and it was an international victory that Trump went in with great daring and great precision, and God bless those pilots who you know, I think they were in the air for thirty seven hours, wasn't yes, and then drop that ordnance with such precision to take out all the threats that ran posed with their nuclear production.
Speaker 1: And the thing is that it was not an overnight thing, even though it occurred in thirty seven hours time. This had been in the planning stages since two thousand and eight, two thousand and nine by the military. These pilots had been in simulators for thirty seven hours facing fire that they never had to face because Israel had already done a great job of knocking out Iran's air defense system so the btwos could get in undetected. But this was a result of many years. You know, you always say there's no such thing as an overnight success, But it took President Trump to finally define that this was the time to do it. And it was so well done. The deception that was used, I think it was just absolutely remarkable and very very necessary.
Speaker 10: Yeah, and if you take, if you take again a thirty thousand foot view, this all goes back to October seventh, doesn't it. Yes, And then you know the Israelis being able to take out Hamas, turn around, take out Hezbollah, then answer Iran's missile attacks by taking out all of Iran's defensive systems so that they literally they had no defense in the air, and then for our team to go in and take out the nuclear installations.
Speaker 1: I think it's just a.
Speaker 10: Remarkable history that shows you what can happen when countries of virtue stick together, defend each other and take out a predator.
Speaker 1: You have a piece talking about Democrats in California burning the US constitutional Richard, And yes, we don't have an extremely amount of a large amount of time, but how exactly are they doing that?
Speaker 10: Well, it is the first duty of government and this is why. And if you look at the Declaration of Independence and the Constitution, it states in the first paragraph that the first duty of government is to protect the life, property and.
Speaker 6: Oh what is it?
Speaker 10: The rights, life, liberty, and property of its citizens. Yes, right, that's both in the Declaration and in the Constitution. It is the first office of government. So what did Biden do during his presidency? He abdicated his office as commander in chief by opening up the southern border. He abdicated his office as the chief law enforcement officer of the country by not fulfilling his duty in the execution of the law. So he burned down the American constitution doing that. When you set up sanctuary states and cities, you are abdicating the office. In California, in Illinois, in Oregon and Washington and all these sanctuary states and cities. The governors and the mayors are literally abdicating their first duty of office because all of the state constitutions and all of the city charters mimic our Declaration of Independence and our federal Constitution in demanding that those officers defend their citizens and protect them secure that space. And what they've done is allowed a criminal network to operate in all those sanctuary cities that are in line with each other. They're in communication with each other, and they're dealing drugs, they're dealing in sexual slavery, and in all sorts of criminal acts, whereas businesses aren't even on Michigan Avenue anymore in Chicago because they know they'll get broken into and looted. It's really it's criminal, and it's it's they literally are burning their constitutions and charters.
Speaker 1: Richard Lyons, I appreciate so much your historical perspective and the view from thirty thousand feet up. As you say, this has been great. And as we conclude, I want you to know that my wife just noted that you said duty, and I'm trying to explain it to her that it's duty right. But thank you so much for your time this morning, Richard c. Lyons.
Speaker 10: Oh, thank you, Gary very much.
Speaker 1: You bet. We continue with JT. Young, one of the more thoughtful writers on the American scene in a conservative bent, coming up right after the break here on fifty five KRCV talk station, Scott, good morning, great to be with you again, Gary, jeff in for Brian Thomas. His latest piece out yesterday in The Hill entitled What's the Democrats problem? It's the spending stupid? Just another example of this guy's writing. He's one of the more thoughtful conservative opinion makers on the scene, I think, and when it comes to finance and opinion, no one better than JT. Young. And he joins us now for a few minutes on this Friday morning. JT. How are you?
Speaker 9: I am fine and always better when I'm with you.
Speaker 1: Care that's very nice of you. You were talking about the Democrats problem spending. The Republicans are having a problem with some spending in this big, beautiful bill. But the reason they're having a problem, it's been years of what we're finding out is money laundering, mostly by the Democrats. And I was just talking with Richard Lyons, who was another guy I respect his opinion very much about the first ten years of President Trump on the scene politically, in what he has done and been able to do to realign the parties, both parties and people kept on asking, and I was one of them who was actually president from January of twenty twenty one until when President Trump took back over the Oval office. And there's no question about who's in charge now in the executive branch, but who was really in charge it More and more I'm thinking it wasn't. It wasn't Obama, it wasn't any of the aides. It was President Gee of China. What do you think about that theory?
Speaker 9: Well, I'm not sure I would go quite that far, but I certainly think that China has had an undue influence in American politics. And I think you know what we have seen at the beginning of this second Trump administration has been an abrupt break with that, and it has definitely caused a lot of consternation in Washington, and I think among a lot of the elite who see a relationship that they have grown very comfortable with by importing cheap Chinese products and selling them obviously at a profit here, and that this has caused a great deal of concern amongst them.
Speaker 1: Well, we have worried out loud, many have worried about things like Iranian sleeper cells because of the open border, of the unvetted border, and we know that many many Iranians came here and many of them got away and were released into the country. But the other reason I make this assertion that it's a possibility that g was actually in charge of our country for four years or had undue control over what went on at the White House, is because there were also some twenty six to thirty thousand male Chinese people men that came into this country and were scattered about in this open border policy of Joe Biden. And that does not happen without the acquiescence of the Chinese government, does it.
Speaker 9: No? No, And you're you're certainly absolutely right about that, and I have written about this.
Speaker 12: Throughout the year.
Speaker 9: I think, you know, China's China's threat to the US. It has been very clear. I mean, I think it's been very explicit as well. It's coming from China. There's there's no question they are looking to be the dominant world power. And to your point, with the open border policy that we saw, where I think, you know, conservatively ten million people cross the border under the Biden administration, and we truly don't know how many as got away. We're never never cabulated, but we know to your point, tens of thousands of Chinese came in. We also know that people on the terrorists watch list have been apprehended, but that doesn't tell us anything about the ones that weren't. And certainly Middle Eastern illegal immigrants have come in as well. Everybody knew the border was wide open. And I think as we have seen from the two most recent attacks, the one in Ukraine the one by israel An Operation Rising Lion, both of these were done first. The first strikes were done by drones released within the country they were attacking, and both the Ukrainians and the Israelis had, you know, a brilliant espionage and planning an execution to get these drones in Well, they would have faced no such problem getting them into the US because the border was wide open. These things could have been easily obtained in the US. So I think it's very clear that there is a very real threat. The war has changed a lot, and I think our defensive posture has always been, I think correctly outward looking, and now needs to be more inward looking, as we have just seen from these two most recent attacks.
Speaker 1: All right, JT, if you will indulge me and we'll take a quick break and come back and we will talk about your piece in the Hill about what's the Democrats problem. It's the spending stupid As it regards the Big Beautiful Bill. They didn't seem to have a problem with that crisis level spending during the Build Back Better Bill back in twenty one, did they No. Eight thirty eight Gary Jeffin from Brian on fifty five KRC the Talk station. Hey, j T. Young, his latest peace in the Hill talking to Democrats problem, it's the spending stupid and JT welcome back. It was mentioned that if these tax cuts go into effect that are in the Big Beautiful Bill, the package that's now being debated and bandied about and argued about in the Senate. If they go into effect, the average American family of four will have an extra thirteen thousand dollars at their disposal if they don't pass this, hopefully by next week. If they don't pass it, everybody's taxes are going to be dramatically higher. You right, after four years of crisis level spending, Democrats now worry about deficits and debt. Strange, isn't it. The democrats selective attention shows clearly that their priority is not deficits and debt, but preserving bloated spending and raising taxes to pay for it. If you can allow on what the Democrats really are doing and what their problem is, go ahead, please sure.
Speaker 9: Thank you so much for the opportunity, Gary, Jeff. What we're really seeing here and nobody is talking about it, certainly not the Democrats, is they're playing a game with what's called baselines and what they're really wanting to call this bill a tax cut when in reality, this bill, short of knowing all the particulars in it, but in its basic form, is really trying to keep taxes from going up. They would expire. It the tax breaks that were enacted in twenty seventeen would expire at the end of this year, so taxes would revert to their pre tax cut level. So you're not getting a tax cut. This is not a tax cut, it's a tax rate maintenance bill. But Democrats know onto the baseline assuming tax rates go up, So they called this an amazing deficit increase, debt increase. It's not. It's just keeping rates where they were. It's that simple. But this is a game that's played in Washington over baselines, so they've chosen a different baseline. Strangely enough, they didn't have the same compunction about baselines when it came to their four years of spending. And we should have reverted back to a pre COVID baseline, in other words, spending at the rate we were spending before the pandemic hits. Democrats refused to do this, and by doing it, they padded trillions of dollars of debt and deficits into the country over the last four years, and they want to keep it at that level. So what they need is a tax actually increase to help pay for and offset some of those costs. So that's what they're trying to neatly do now with this game of calling keeping tax rates at the same rate that they are right now, they're trying to call that a tax increase and stop it and pocket that money to offset the spending they want to keep.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's simple. And the Recision Bill that is following afterwards, JT is very important when it comes to possibly looking at seriously reducing our national debt. I mean, isn't the Precision Bill just I mean, if we get the big beautiful bill and the baseline tax cuts remaining the same as what happened in twenty seventeen, we get those to stay the same, and then we get them to actually start cutting some of these bloated doze items that are in the Recision Bill. I mean, they have to almost be passed together, don't they, for it to really be meaningful to the American taxpayer.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I think we're What we need to see is a concerted four year effort to pair back the spending just back to the trajectory that zoned prior to COVID. That's all we're talking about. Yeah, and that's all we really need to do. But to your point, we need to have spending cuts inside the Big Beautiful Bill, and I think they're going to try to get as many as their political low leverage will.
Speaker 12: Allow them to do.
Speaker 9: They have tight majorities, that's just a political reality. They need to get all they can in that. And then to your point, we need to pursue more recision bills. We need to do this one. We need to see anything that they couldn't get into the Big Beautiful Bill that needs to come in the recision bills. This has to be an ongoing effort if we're serious, and we need to be. We should be the entire strength of America's economy and the military that rests on top of it, kind of where we were starting our conversation earlier. All of that lives on top of an economy. If you don't have a strong economy underneath, everything else falls apart as well. So we need this, and we need to get the deficits and debt and back in order and to a reasonable level. And so we need to pursue the spending cuts all that we can, and the Big Beautiful Bill. We need to do the recision bill that you just mentioned, And you're so absolutely right. It is important and it's important that we keep doing this over the next four years. There need to be more recision bills behind this.
Speaker 1: And finally talking to JT. Young this morning, Finally, JT. There have been some very important as the session comes to a close Scotis Supreme Court decisions, And for those of us who are pro life, I thought it was very, very significant that the Supreme Court just voted six to three no surprise there, that states do have the right to defund planned parenthood. Who are you know among the things that they do the murder of unborn babies. I think this is a huge week for Supreme Court decisions, and we still got a few more to come, don't.
Speaker 9: We Yes, And I think I think you're going to see the Left is going to rue the day that they took this administration to court. So frequently, that's always been their knee jerk reaction. They've done it for decades. But I think they have failed to take into account that Trump's strongest majority is not in the Senate, it's not in the House, it wasn't even in his popuer vote victory. It's in the Supreme Court. And the more of these cases that they take to the Supreme Court, the more, they're going to find that Trump is winning, that he's creating precedents for future victories, and even where he gets setbacks, they are going to give him information as to how he can tweak his approach and then make it compliant with the Supreme Court's rulings. So I think exactly what you said on planned parenthood, big victory there. It's about time, and I think you're going to find more and more of these rolling through the more cases that get up to the Supreme Court.
Speaker 1: Well, the biggest one is can these lower courts make rulings for the entire nation basically and pretending that they're the president or they're the Supreme Court. I think some justices in the Supreme Court are going to have some issues with lower courts thinking that they're the supreme court of the land.
Speaker 9: I think you're absolutely right. I mean, I think there's certainly nothing constitutional about having any court anywhere being able to make nation wide ruleings that go beyond the jurisdiction of the court itself.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Absolutely, JT. Young, thank you so much for your time. As always, my friend, I'm glad you could join us this morning, and we'll look forward to reading more as you are, like I said, one of the most thoughtful conservative writers on the scene. I believe.
Speaker 9: Thank you, Thank you so much, Gary Jeff.
Speaker 1: Have a great weekend. Hey you two, it's about ten till we'll take a quick break and come back to wrap up. Gary jeffin for Brian fifty five krs the talk station. The forecast of the last two days. It's going to be hot, near record tempts. I have ninety two and that means the eat index up around one hundred and tow one hundred and two. We will cool off a tad and I mean like two or three degrees as we roll through the weekend. It's very hot, very humid, already seventy three degrees. And here's one Chinel final check on the.
Speaker 11: Roads from the U SEE Health Traffic Center. At you See Health, you'll find comprehensive care that's so personal it makes your best tomorrow possible. That's boundless care for better outcomes. Expect more at you seehealth dot com. I'm salting traffic a little heavy and slow on I seventy five southbound between the Lachland split in Town Street. Otherwise you don't look too bad. You're moving pretty well through the area. As you travel on southbound seventy five. It's less than a fifteen minute drive from Sharonville to downtown. I'm Heather Pasco on fifty five KR see the talk station.
Speaker 1: But really it's not the heat, it's the stupidity. My wife doesn't like clothes, and so I mean pretty much anytime of the year, not just during heat emergencies or heat advisories. If she's at home, she doesn't wear very much, and that's fine, but she doesn't go out of the house naked. And this must be a result of the current heat dome over most of the United States. Dayline Spartanburg, South Carolina Police Department there said an attempted murder suspect in custody after an incident early Wednesday. At the scene, officers found Zachary Hughes standing naked on top of a vehicle with the firearm. If that doesn't say come grab me, I don't know what does. Miss Guaite, Texas police say an unclothed man read naked stole an ambulance from a North Texas hospital on Monday, let officers on a chase into a neighboring county. Madisonville Kentucky Police Department there arrested a man who assaulted an officer and tried to grab their gun and taser. Officers dispatched in response to a possible domestic situation last Friday evening. When they arrived, they found a naked man later identified as Robert Grigsby, shoving two other men to get past them into an apartment. What is it with it? And it doesn't stop there? Further, a Philadelphia woman faces charges related to motor vehicle theft after she was found naked in the driver's seat of a vehicle that had been reported stolen. Amy Burnham, aged thirty nine. Oh my goodness, I'm looking at the mugshots. She doesn't look good with clothes on. Arrested and charged with motor vehicle theft the Chevy Tahoe. We don't have those seats cleaned really really well before? Did they get returned after used as evidence in her trial? Try and keep your clothes on. And I know it's hot, but it really doesn't help your court case. If they arrest you and you're already naked, you'll get the strip shart soon enough. Have a fantastic weekend. Enjoy Glenn Beck Next and we'll talk to you maybe sometime in July when Brian's out again. Gary, Jeff san Zion, have a great weekend. Stay cool, fifty five krs the talk Station. Still we called the Twelve Day War. I suppose that's what we were nicknaming it already.
Speaker 2: Another updates at the top of the hour.
Speaker 3: The use of military course.
Speaker 2: Fifty five jars The Talk Station.
Speaker 1: This report is sponsored by the