Speaker 1: Welcome Just hand Away Tagalog Sermon podcast, your daily doseph inspiring from heartfelt taglog sermons from different pastors and speakers all over the Philippines. We hope that this podcast finds you in good shape. And now here's your message.
Speaker 2: You were listening to a message from Victory. We hope it inspires you to honor God and make disciples.
Speaker 1: In your humanity.
Speaker 3: So today we're going to talk about the graciousness of God, or we're going to talk about the grace of God.
Speaker 1: And grace changes everything.
Speaker 3: And I believe God is a message for those of us here who'd been in church for many, many years, and for those of you who are here just for the very first time. So I'm trusting that God will be the one to apply the word in your heart, and God will help us have a better understanding of the grace of God. And it's not just an information that we're going to get, but I hope it's something that will become real in our life. So can I just pray a short prayer before we dive into the word. Tonight, Lord, we thank you once again for this evening.
Speaker 1: Lord. We thank you that Lord, tonight as we hear your word, Lord, you will apply your word in our heart. Lord.
Speaker 3: You said that faith comes from hearing the message, and the message is heard.
Speaker 1: Through the word of Christ.
Speaker 3: So I pray, Lord God, there will be a fresh impartation and deposit of faith in our heart. Lord, I pray that you will speak to each and every one of us in Jesus name me pray Amen. You know, one time I was feeling irritate with my with our two kids. We have a seven years old and we have a one and a half year old kid at home. So one time week so bram uh, it was really messy. So one thing about me is that I'm not able to relax yumbay. Sometimes after a long day at work that was ready, I can't help but but to clean it up, so I easily get stressed and feeling irritated.
Speaker 1: When I went home.
Speaker 3: This is what I saw, and I was feeling irritated at that moment, so as by young wife co and advance. No, I was all of a sudden, but I'm from a good day. Now it's starting to be a bad day.
Speaker 1: So while I'm at it, I felt like God spoke to me.
Speaker 3: That might sound weird for some of you here who was here for the very first time, Boss Nilloyd. But you know, God communicates to us in a variety of ways, primarily through his word, but not limited to his words. Sometimes he can speak to us through other people, through nature, through circumstance, common sense. And but for me, most of the time, I feel God talking to me by just that simple uh antahamdan impression in my heart. And you put megaga inka you're so unsure or alamo indito.
Speaker 1: Will nil lord umagan and yongpusumo.
Speaker 3: That's why we need to pay attention to the detention because sometimes that's how God speaks to us. There's attension in our hearts. Sometimes that's how God speaks to me. Or sometimes he will drop a thought that I know it's really from God. It's not random thought, it's not something I can just shake off.
Speaker 1: It's something that is so strong to me.
Speaker 3: So at that time, while I was feeling irritated, there's this thought that came to me, and I felt like God was saying to me. Instead of you being irritated, you ought to be thankful that you have two healthy kids at Homelloyd. You know some people would love to be in your place right now to have kids who will mess up their house every day. And so I was rebuken at that very moment. But instantly my perspective of the situation change, my mood change so retablica. Then I started just playing with.
Speaker 1: Them and clean it up again as usual.
Speaker 3: But you know, I thought about that because in someone three, our main text for tonight, David said in verse one, bless the Lord, oh my soul. He was commanding himself. You know, sometimes it's okay to talk to yourself to encourage yourself. Sometimes there's no one around to encourage you, and it's your responsibility to encourage you. Don't wait for other people to build your faith. It's your responsibility to build your faith. And so David said, bless the Lord, O my soul and all that is within me, bless his holy name.
Speaker 1: How can you do that?
Speaker 3: He said, Bless the Lord on my soul, and forget not all his benefits. How many of you know you're loaded with benefits in Christ? The Bible says Christ has blessed you with all spiritual blessings, everything that we need for life and godliness.
Speaker 1: What do you need to live for Christ? What do you need to follow Jesus.
Speaker 3: The Bible says God has already blessed you with every spiritual blessing in Christ. We just need to access that blessing. It's like you withdrawing money. One time we went to Japan for a ministry trip and one of the campus missionaries I brought with me, he ran out of cash. Pedal, good thing you ATM, you pot pay the international So he used the ATM in Japan to access his money here in the Philippines, you know, in the same way we are here on earth. But the Bible says we have the ability to access the blessing from the heavenly realm, and so it's not something we can only tap into and enjoy.
Speaker 1: The moment we die and join together with God.
Speaker 3: But even now, as Christians, we can access the blessing of God. How many you want to access the blessing of God? And so David says, bless the Lord O my soul, and forget not all these benefits, because sometimes just like me at that moment when I saw something I didn't like that became just the focus of my attention. All of a sudden, everything fade in the background. Yard Yama Doman quartunamen. Just because something is not working right doesn't mean that everything is not working right. So David said, don't forget his benefits. We have to learn how to praise God more than thinking and worrying about the things that we don't have. We need to learn to praise God for the things that we have and the things that are working right while waiting for God.
Speaker 1: To fix what is not working in our lives.
Speaker 3: So I'm sure mamana challenge just a life not in my mama struggles abouhy natin.
Speaker 1: But I believe God wants to change our perspective.
Speaker 3: If you are experiencing a struggle in your life right now, you have two choices or two options. Either you you beat yourself and be so down and discourage and say grab you two years now it's the church may struggle, or maybe you can see that that struggle as a sign that God is working in your life. That's why there is a fight. The Bible says we are dead to our sin. So the fact that there is a struggle meaning you are alive in Christ. And so we can either see that as Lord is alive or Lord, thank you, thank you aheko. Maybe it's not clicking. Maybe it's not being it's not getting fixed overnight. But I know if I continue walking with you by the grace of God, if I continue praising you for what is working right, then eventually what isn't working you will fix. So David said, bless the Lord, oh my soul, and forget not all his benefits. Then David mentioned some of the benefits we have in God. He mentioned about forgiveness. How many of you are grateful for God's forgiveness and so bran, I mean to pace, I'm here now can you imagine you offending God? And then the Bible says, if you confess your sins, is willing to forgive you of your sin?
Speaker 1: Wow?
Speaker 3: You know sometimes, but isn't a realist my peace knowing when i'm controversies my peace Lang, That's what the forgiveness of God brings into our life. Peace with God, the Bible. And David said, don't forget that benefit. And he talked about healing, and it's not just about physical healing. Many times in the Bible sickness is a picture of our sin, and salvation is the picture of our healing. And so I talked about healing, and then he talked about redemption and then provision and then favor guidance, renewal. But in verses eight to twelve, David focused on the grace of God after enumerating all these blessings, and you can add into it. So go, yeah, at Munajanyum benefit Neilodian Trabajo, you benefit neilod young good health care.
Speaker 1: You can add to that list.
Speaker 3: But after David mentioned some of these benefits, he a loted five verses of course in Manapeologi nomata chapters and verses, but he he made an emphasis on the grace of God. You know why, because all these benefits, really what makes us qualify, qualified to receive is the grace of God. You know why we are enjoying these benefits, not because you deserve it, not because I deserve it. We are enjoying all of this because of the grace of God. That's why he focused and emphasized the grace of God. And that's what I want to talk about tonight. That's what I also want to focus on, the grace of God. Everyone say the grace of God. So in some one three verse eight to twelve, David continued and said, the Lord is merciful and gracious. Everyone say gracious, just making sure you're still awake is low to anger and abounding insteadfast love. He will not always chide, nor will he keep his anger forever. He does not deal with us according to our sins, nor repay us according to our iniquities.
Speaker 1: For as high as the heavens are above the earth, so.
Speaker 3: Great is his steadfast love towards those who fear him.
Speaker 1: As far as the east is from the west.
Speaker 3: How many of you can imagine that, as far as the east is from the west, so far remove our transgressions from us. The sin you've committed in grade one, in grade six, in high school, in college prior to your salvation, the Bible says, God separated that from you so that there will be no trace of your sin, so that you can have a brand new start. Some people need to relocate to a new place in order to be able to have a new life and have a fresh start.
Speaker 1: Some people need to change their face. The Bible says, no, you don't need to do that. If anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation and your sin will be separated from you.
Speaker 3: So I want to go through this passage of scripture, this part of someone oh three and just talk about the grace of God. And again this is this is for those of you who are here for the first time and thinking if there is a place for me.
Speaker 1: In the faith or in the family of God, and for those of us who are Christians already. So first one in.
Speaker 3: Verse eight, David said that God is gracious, slow to anger, in abounding, in steadfast love. I want to talk about his persistent grace, persistent grace, the.
Speaker 1: Nature of God's grace.
Speaker 3: One thing we need to do know and understand better is this persistence, the persistent grace of God. The reason you are here today is because God did not quit or give up on you.
Speaker 1: He was persistent. It's my eldest sister who got saved first in the family where a family of eight. I'm the youngest.
Speaker 3: When she got saved, I was a high school student, first year high school. Only when I was in my third year in college, seven long years before I surrendered my life to Jesus. So my family member Puio, it's taking, you know, really a bit long. You're praying, you're fasting, you're sharing the gospel to take effect. Believe me, the persistent grace of God is working in their life. That something's happening. And that's the nature of God. And not only for people who.
Speaker 1: Are far away from God, but even us.
Speaker 3: You know, I'm thankful because mes and guides Christian attaio I meany of you know, sometimes we still have the propensity or the tendency to sin against God. We have this tendency to persist in our own way and not obey God.
Speaker 1: The Lord is slow to angry. NDI a gagalitis patient. You know.
Speaker 3: I read the story of a donor from Jodson who was the first Protestant missionary to Burma from North America. The age of twenty five. He was sent to Burma and he served there for almost forty years. It took him seven years before he had his first convert So seven years like we preach Machi Sharian gospel nakipak building non relationship, seven years before one person surrendered his life to Jesus. So young Mershang local church in North America who was sending support and they're thinking fruitful by young work not in Saburma.
Speaker 1: Are we wasting fun?
Speaker 3: Should we transfer it to another missionary and another nation? And here's what Adnorum Jodson wrote back to the local church. His own church is that beg the church as to have patients tell the brethren. Success is as certain as the promise of a faithful God can make it Sourcia to hunting. Payam Mama, bros. We're going to see a great harvest in this place.
Speaker 1: And guess what.
Speaker 3: There's a lot of Christians in Burma today. And as I read that story, I think about God. That's a picture of God to us persistence. We did not find God. It's God who came to seek and to save the laws.
Speaker 1: In the Lord. He came here on earth, became a man just like us.
Speaker 3: He wore our clothes and ate our food and lived among us, so we can identify with him.
Speaker 1: He went to the cross for you and me.
Speaker 3: One time, Pastor Joey was telling us the story when he was walking around inside their village Kasamapuyan dog Nila.
Speaker 1: That was happened again.
Speaker 3: He felt like God was speaking to him at that time, thought that's me Ma question Lord in the Maman.
Speaker 1: Lord Joey was a doctor, an a man.
Speaker 3: The last question, Mambai to the point and whiling are.
Speaker 1: You willing to be to become a dog like your dog, so you can be more close. Are you willing to eat the food that your dog is eating? At that point, I have been the Lord Lloyd La.
Speaker 3: Even withsa wheeling Mahona, but not to the to that level.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 3: It's amazing for me to think until today that a great God would come to our level, go to our level.
Speaker 1: The Bible says He's took down to make us great.
Speaker 3: He's persistent, and because of that, the grace of God made it possible for us to have a relationship with God and to enjoy all the benefits something of you are grateful for the persistent grace of God. Thank you Lord, until today the Lagan Lord boutin Alan. You know I still commit mistakes, bad decisions from time to time.
Speaker 1: I'm stubborn. But Lord, I thank you that you are patient. You know. In tewod Peter chapter three, verse nine, the Lord is not slow to fulfill his promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing that any should perish, but that all should reach repentance Verse two, romans to verse four. Or do you presume on the richness of his.
Speaker 3: Kindness and forbearance and patience, not knowing that God's kindness is meant to lead you to repentance. Some people think that they're getting away with their sin, or maybe God is tolerating their sin or approving of their wrongdoing.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, no. The Bible says God is not approving you're wrongdoing. God is not tolerating your sin. Maybe you're thinking.
Speaker 3: Healthbaman, finances. Not because God is tolerating. God is trying to stretch his patience, and the purpose of that patience is for us to realize that we are going the wrong way, so that we are going to make a youth turn and return to Him.
Speaker 1: And maybe for some of us here today that is God's word for you. He's trying his best to stretch the patience. You know. Sometimes the judgment of God is letting us have what we are fighting to have.
Speaker 3: Para daughter because one time, for guess you go five six years old, come hangam as a Japanese restaurant.
Speaker 1: Was Abbi, Can you become Upi and wife my wisdom on mo?
Speaker 3: But since then never touch was Abi. You know, sometimes the judgment of God is letting us have what we want. But God's is patient Okay, tell the person say the next to you, God is patient with YOUNILRD say you, God is so patient with you. Praise God number two or second. God's grace is extravagant.
Speaker 1: I like this. God's grace is extravagant.
Speaker 3: Now some people use the grace of God is a license to sin, and by it the Lord extravagant grace.
Speaker 1: When you say extravagant, it's unreasonable. It doesn't make sense. Sometimes you will look at a person and you just know this person is not living right with God. Yet God is continually blessing them. Unreasonable grace.
Speaker 3: Lavish in tagalog labbyist labbists, and grace the Lord.
Speaker 1: There are Sometimes.
Speaker 3: Grace is extravagant, it's over indulgent. Chemist, be a prospered parishion e Lord. You know, prosperity is never a good gauge whether somebody is in God's will or not. No, because God, the Bible says David said, he does not deal with us according to our sins. He do not nor repay us according to our iniquities.
Speaker 1: The dealings of God with us is never equal to our obedience to him.
Speaker 3: How many of you know or experience Now you had shortcomings, you sind yet God blessed you anyway. I have so many testimonies of that, the extravagant grace of God. You know the result of that, if we understand, it makes us humble, low Apa. It's never really about my accounting skill, my strategy, my ability to plan.
Speaker 1: It's not really my perfect execution.
Speaker 3: No, who you are today, what you have today, and where you are today, it's all by the grace of God. Because if God dealt with us according to our sins, we will not be here today. And it's always good. It makes us humble, but at the same time it makes us hopeful, especially when we fail. And how many of you would confess that sometimes you still fail. Cannot alag a grace longdon the Lord can say, well, among perfect hapening, perfect is fake. There's no such thing as perfect. Okay, always a because Latin issue. We all have issues. That's why we're all. We all need the grace of God. We're all dependent on the grace of God. That's why we cannot bose before God or other people. It makes us humble, but it makes us hopeful. I remember the story of the woman caught in adultery. She was dragged to the street. She was she was put to shame in in in broad daylight Bible early morning was no, no, no. Then she was brought before Jesus, who was doing a Bible study at the time. Ablalloyd, I don't gonna go in detos amosis. Anyone caught in adultery should be stoned to death. We caught this woman. Jesus did not say anything. Instead, he stooped down and wrote to the ground with his finger, slais does a girl, Jesus, and I'm saying this woman was caught in adultery. It said in our law anyone caught in adultery should be stone to death. And so the woman was there crying, I'm just guessing talagan hallo hallouna he ah paho.
Speaker 1: I mean all of that in one day. Her life was just in a complete mess. So here's what Jesus did.
Speaker 3: Stood up and then said, anyone who's not guilty of any sin, let him be the first one to throw a stone this woman. Then after that, the Bible says he's took down again.
Speaker 1: And wrote something on the ground with his finger.
Speaker 3: Now there are three theories what he wrote, because it's what was never mentioned in the Bible.
Speaker 1: First one is that Jesus do the second.
Speaker 3: Some were saying that he wrote Bible verses that relates to the situation.
Speaker 1: But I like the third one.
Speaker 3: The third one, And here's the theory that Jesus took down and then wrote with his finger on the ground and started writing, by one by one the names of the people there, and opposite the name is writing their sin.
Speaker 1: Joe Ash last Saturday.
Speaker 3: The Bible says, one by one, starting with the older ones, they went away, you see Mahamada, Robert last.
Speaker 1: Full thoughts with Michael's wife. Robert left, Michael followed so one by one, adam so much.
Speaker 3: Land, until it was Jesus and the woman who was left. And then Jesus said, where's your accuser? The woman said. Jesus said, woman, where are they? As no one condemned you? She said, no one, Lord. Maybe she's still shocked, don't know what to do, don't know what to say. And Jesus, who had the right to stone her to death, to condemn her, did not condemn her. Instead, Jesus said, neither do I condemn you. Go and from now on say no more. Instead of condemning her, God restored her. Jesus gave her the opportunity to start all over again. The Bible says Jesus did not come to condemn us, but to save us. So every time you hear that voice condemning you, samasamam or plastica.
Speaker 1: Vi victory weekend Canada, man, but on all these things, and.
Speaker 3: Every time you hear that, you just know it's not the voice of God, because God will never condemn you. The Holy Spirit will convict you so that you will go to God, not condemn you so that you will run away from God. Jesus is extravagant with his grace. That's the reason why you and I are here today because of the extravagant grace of God.
Speaker 1: Lord, I don't deserve this, but Lord.
Speaker 3: You have shown me kindness and goodness, the grace, the extravagant grace of God.
Speaker 1: So I want you to know, I just feel like maybe there's a person here that you feel like you're dirty.
Speaker 3: You have so many regrets, you have so many stuff in your life that you cannot fix, and maybe you're looking for answer.
Speaker 1: I believe God wants to say to you that there is grace available for you.
Speaker 3: If God extended grace to this adulterous woman. God surely is willing to extend grace to you. It wants to give you a fresh start, a brand new beginning. Last thing I want to talk mentioned about grace is the life changing grace of God.
Speaker 1: Life changing grace of God. God loves you just as you are, but He loves you so much to leave you where you are.
Speaker 3: God is so much more in store for you and me. Again, some people are using the grace of God as a license to sin. Hey, it's not about my good works, no money. Grace nomane Lord, Lord, So Lord, forgive me up my sin yesterday and forgive me again for tomorrow, because I'm going to do it again. Grace, Nomande Lord jan.
Speaker 1: Save you know. How will you know if the grace operating in your life is real grace? It will produce a change life, To produce a change life.
Speaker 3: Titus Chapter two, verse eleven to twelve four. The grace of God has appeared, bringing salvation for all people, training us to renounce and godliness and worldly passions and to live self controlled, upright and godly lives. In the present age, You'll feel it my power to say no. You can walk in victory. You can walk in freedom. You know, there's this theologian church father named Augustine.
Speaker 1: Okay, so my early theologiansto and.
Speaker 3: I just read this story that prior to his salvation he was living with a prostitute and then he encountered God he got saved, so he started avoiding this prostitute. One time, when he was walking, this prostitute saw him, so she tried to chase him. Augustin, you're gonnasila be so lain. Imagine a gostin pero tomato lews delegation and ibangdan. Finally she was able to catch him, and the girl said Augustin, it is I, to which he replied Augustin said, I know, but it is no longer I. The grace of God change him inside out. How many of you here you want the grace of God to change you from the inside out? And Lord, I want the grace of God to give me the power. And that's exactly what's available for us. We can live the life God wants us to live because there is the empowering grace of God.
Speaker 1: So the enemy would try to convinced us.
Speaker 3: The man the Mali guggling and yen and all of these things. We've embraced lies sometimes maybe we are confessing it. In the past, I had some really negative confessions about myself.
Speaker 1: I would incase I'm not realizing I've embraced this lie and the enemy is using it to keep me locked in this invisible prison. I don't know what are the lies that you have bought in or embraced in.
Speaker 3: Your life, but I believe the grace of God wants to set you free from whatever is holding you so that you won't be able to live for God the power of the grace of God. And God wants to teach us. The Bible says he wants to teach us Papana. When I was a new Christian, I would I would try because I'm this, I'm mute to this, so I will just say Lord subject, well, i'm cheating college Plloyd. I just know it's not good to cheat, so Lloyd, I need your grace. So I still remember that exam and accounting subject Christian So I beg bahal grace Munato, But that's an examview the Man opera reviewro.
Speaker 1: So.
Speaker 3: I wrote my name and then I don't know, maybe one hundred items and I'm just able to answer ten or twenty.
Speaker 1: Lord, I need your resurrection power. Lord.
Speaker 3: But the Tempastan, my friends go from a broatherhood.
Speaker 1: The templan holloids you now, sir, the more class mates guys see you. But the Labastian results. But suck. I have to retake. I need to enroll it for another semester. But you know where I experience the grace. I experience the grace.
Speaker 3: When I retake that subject for another sem the opmasa. Yeah, but you know what, God taught me to rely on his grace, So I don't know. Gigging maybe on grace mossachen is to experience favor or maybe the grace to go through it. Maybe there's no shortcut to this. But Lord, starting today, I want to learn to live by the grace of God. It's amazing because in the process God developed my confidence that I can actually pass without cheating, that I can actually live a life of integrity, that God can actually grant me success in life without me compromising in these areas.
Speaker 1: That's the grace of God.
Speaker 3: God can transform us by his grace, and I hope as we understand the grace of God, it will free us from fear, because some people are enslave all their life by this fear. That's why the Bible says God did not give us a spirit of fear. He gives us the spirit of power, power to live the life God wants us to live. I want to end here, and I'd like to read this last verse Romans five, verse seventeen. For if because of one man's trespass, death reigned through that one man talking about Adam, much more will those who receive the abundance of grace everyone say, abundance of grace and the free gift of righteousness reign in life.
Speaker 1: Through the one man, Jesus Christ.
Speaker 3: Through the abundance of God's grace, we can reign in life. No need to compromise, no need to cheat, no need to sin against God, no need to rebel against His will, no need to force something. No, I can reign in life by the abundant grace of God.
Speaker 1: God wants you to be victorious. God wants us to overcome.
Speaker 3: God wants us to reign in life not by our own by our own strength, by our effort or religious affiliation.
Speaker 1: But by the abundant grace of God.
Speaker 3: Do not forget your benefit, David says, praise the Lord, and do not forget.
Speaker 1: His benefits, which includes the grace of God. Amen. I mean of you are grateful for the grace of God in your life. Let's all stand and let's pray. Right now.
Speaker 3: Lord, deliver us from fear from lives that is holding us back from relying on your grace, depending on your grace in every area of our life. Lord, this relationship started because of your grace. This relationship will be sustained by your grace, and we will finish this race by your grace. It's all about your grace. Lord, So Lord, help us to learn more and more to trust in your grace that we will not try to perform. We will not try to try to Lord, get pretend we're always okay. Lord, I pray we would learn to relate to you on the basis of grace, not on the basis of our righteousness and works and religiosity. I pray, Lord God, that your grace will become more and more real to us. Thank you for your persistent grace that even though at times may a man of time deconomy, you know obey, but you are patient with us, not wanting us to perish but to come to repentance.
Speaker 1: Thank you for your extravagant.
Speaker 3: Grace, even though we don't deserve it, your blessings and favor you give it anyway. Lord, we can really say with all conviction that who we are today, where we are today, and what we have today, it's all by the grace of God. It's not because of our brilliance. It's not because of our Lord God excellence or skill or education or influence or connection.
Speaker 1: It's all by the grace of God. So we thank you, We praise you. We bless your holy name like David, but David said, bless the Lord, Oh my soul. Today we bless you, Lord. We praise you with all of our heart. Lord, Continue to change us, continue to teach us to live for it. Thank you, Lord.
Speaker 2: Thank you for listening to this message. For more messages like these from other Victory Centers, please visit Victory dot org, dot pH Slash resources, Slash Podcasts.
Speaker 1: Thank you for listening.
Speaker 2: We hope that you enjoyed today's episode.
Speaker 1: Don't forget to share and subscribe to this podcast for more. God bless you all.