Speaker 1: It's time to go into the bit stupule wordybug.
Speaker 2: Yeah. So, uh, this is gonna be a little different than what we normally do. We go to the wayback machine where we maybe listening to some classic audio and things like that. But I've found this website that truly just given me all kinds of fun stuff, like ten things that happened ten years ago today or this week, right, And these are more like pop culture moments that kind of stand the test of time. Some don't. Some are a big memory refresher. For instance, let's start with the fact that ten years ago, okay, this week, Jurassic World had the biggest opening weekend in movie history at two hundred and nine million dollars.
Speaker 3: And that was that one was good too?
Speaker 2: That one was good? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Which one was that?
Speaker 2: It was the first one of the Chris Pratt, Bryce Dallas Howard run.
Speaker 3: Is that it with a bunch of little bitty dinosaurs running around?
Speaker 1: Pretty much all of them have though, Yeah, they all see is this the one where he's working on his motorcycles? She comes to his house. They clearly have a past and she needs him. But it's Ron Howard's daughter, right, it is Okay, that says like Ron Howard's daughter is like babysitting her sister's kids for the weekend. That's why there's a kid element.
Speaker 2: So here's what I remember about this. I remember to Lesso about the plot of the movie and the motorcycle, but I remember more so that this was the night. I want to say that the Mavericks drafted Dennis Smith.
Speaker 3: Junior twenty fifteen, That would not be accurate.
Speaker 2: Who would they have drafted in twenty fifteen?
Speaker 3: Twenty fifteen, They probably traded their pick to the Celtics for Rondo.
Speaker 2: If you know what, you're probably right, because here's what happened. My friend Jake from the Dumb Zone. Our friend Jake from the Dumb Zone was doing the NBA Draft and asked me if I wanted to go to like a midnight showing of Jurassic World and seats that vibrated. Oh, it's a strange request from a guy that really doesn't talk to me that much. And it was the Justin Anderson draft.
Speaker 3: Oho, okay, it makes sense, Yeah, makes sense. And Sigton Stopper, well, it was just a guy that went to the same college Carlisle did.
Speaker 2: Okay, it didn't happen.
Speaker 3: Oh, we got to get a Virginia guy in here.
Speaker 2: So I met him after he was done in the draft and we watched it in vibrating seats.
Speaker 1: He the one who hit you with the new phone hoodas I think he did think he was the one.
Speaker 3: He was the one that we went to his culinary thing that he had. Yes, yeah, I texted one time and he said, who dis.
Speaker 2: Good question?
Speaker 3: Dude? Hit him back right now, listen, I was doing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think that went better than my Jake Ferguson interaction.
Speaker 2: So that that happened so ten years ago. By the way, that movie was topped six months later by Star Wars episode seven, The First Awakens.
Speaker 3: That was a forty eight million I liked that movie.
Speaker 2: You would kill for two forty eight million though in a movie right now, geez. Also Will Ferrell and Kristin Wig ten years ago this week decided we're gonna make a lifetime movie. So a deadly adoption. What was a lifetime drama that happened? You remember that? No, I definitely didn't watch this. Yeah, and it's apparently serious. Oh, like it's it's their lifetime movie because that's what they want to do.
Speaker 3: Yeah, all right.
Speaker 2: It's kind of funny when you look at will Ferrell though, but it's really hard to take John c Riley in it. Our guy. Uh. Well they had a bit of a falling.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, but not in twenty fifteen.
Speaker 2: Probably not in twenty fifteen. Probably still good. Uh. Brian Williams got banished to MSNBC because he lied about beginning a helicopter covering the war in Iraq. So they got hit by an RPG like what is he doing? How do you what are you doing? I'm just gonna make up a war story. The hell dude in that position.
Speaker 3: It's amazing.
Speaker 2: He had it made.
Speaker 3: He had it made, and then he had to watch his daughter have all that sex and the TV show Girls.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, that was a wild story about how she took him to the Girl's premiere and he watched her.
Speaker 3: Yeah, dad, you should have led about the war. Watch this.
Speaker 2: What happened to her is let's just say salad was on the menu.
Speaker 3: Oh, she was the one that was in the bowl.
Speaker 2: Do you all remember the Rachel dolahs All scandal?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 2: What's what is that?
Speaker 3: She claimed to be African American?
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, she was running some Yes in Washington.
Speaker 3: She was like a dean of a college.
Speaker 2: No, no, president of the NAA CD and then it kids came out that she was extremely occasion.
Speaker 3: Basically same thing had with Vanilla Ice.
Speaker 2: Looks like she got uh fired from a teaching job in Arizona last year because of her only fans page. She's had quite a life she has. That's amazing. A couple of liars on this list with her and Brian William.
Speaker 3: Dude, let's get her on the show.
Speaker 2: Im, It's probably possible, probably possible. Uh. Sean Penn and Charlie Staring broke up Pain as he started dating El Chapo.
Speaker 3: I don't think I knew that they were ever together.
Speaker 2: I agree, Yeah, I didn't either.
Speaker 3: I thought he was still married to Robin Penn right or whatever her name is.
Speaker 2: He's about fifteen years older than her. Not that that really mad.
Speaker 3: You are shown pain.
Speaker 2: Uh Utah Valley University invented the cell phone friendly stairs. Huh kind of went. It's like a meme that kind of took over. It's because people were at the time, we just weren't ready for phones, and people were falling into fountains and falling downstairs looking at their and Uh, they put like texting lanes on these stairs, like a walk run in text lane. Wow, just kind of It's just some viral thing, not that big of a deal. Also, ten years ago this week, Trump announced he was running for president and everyone kind of laughed about it. Then boy, fast.
Speaker 1: Forward a years he just went prison rules in those debates and changed everything.
Speaker 3: Right, wait, you can do that.
Speaker 2: Just two months after Hillary had announced she was running, in Trump's like, I guess I'll run too, And they was like okay, and there we go. Was we all thought Mark Cuban might run. You know, right, things you're crazy. Ten years ago.
Speaker 3: I think twenty to fifteen is when we get the really great Trump Bible quote. I think that was when he was running.
Speaker 2: Man either either a good great book, love it all, we lose vagina a right, good job. All Right, there you have it.
Speaker 1: There's the Wayback machine coming up in just over three minutes. It's the big finish. Remarkable moments from Friday Show at Chuck Talk is seen on a resort durant.
Speaker 3: They must be relived. We'll take a look and listen