Speaker 1: Here's the Commander Who Go Podcast, Episode four fifty seven. I'm brand ome here with Ryan and we're gonna continue our adventures thro Dusk War by talking about some of the legendary survivors.
Speaker 2: Now our theme sal.
Speaker 1: Hey, Ryan, We're back for yet another whirlwind adventure. How you doing? We're back? What is going down? The whole ton is going down. We're gonna talk about some horror movie homies. That's pretty good tool. We got some stories to tell, some people to thanks, some things to bring people all the way up to speed on. Before we get to any of that, we have to thank our official business, Daddy's Fusion Gaming Online. They are your source for all your gaming needs and pile of bones brewing cold. They are the second coolest thing to come OUTO Regina and also the official beer sponsor for CCEO side Walk Slam Season two right here on YouTube.
Speaker 3: Oh and I do have a note in my show notes because there are notes here that say Sidewalk Slam Season two will commence. We have guests lined up. We just got to schedule a day that works for everybody, because one of the people works shift work, and sometimes it's days, sometimes it's nights. And it's got to work with producer Gary's packed full studio schedule. I can alliterate as well. So that big thanks to h producer Gary and the damn Studio studio, Yes, damn Network Network, Yeah for letting us be here being in the beautiful paper Boy studio.
Speaker 1: Did you ever call it the brick the brick? Yeah nope. Sam said that the other day, and I almost shat myself. I was laughing so hard.
Speaker 3: For those in the Land of the Free who don't have the brick, because I think it is a Canadian thing.
Speaker 1: The brick is only in Canadian, I think.
Speaker 2: So it's like a furniture store here.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's like disposable furniture, like just fast fashion that you buy off a Shean or Timu or whatever. Yes, the Brick is that, but furniture and expensive.
Speaker 3: Oh I don't shop at the Brick because I have all the furniture that I need and it isn't disposable.
Speaker 1: I need a new coach, but I don't want to go there.
Speaker 3: Oh well, but hey, if the Brick wants to shill out some sponsorship money, we'll tell you to go to the Brick.
Speaker 1: No we won't.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Okay, well, you should go to Fusion Gaming Online dot com because that is actually a good place.
Speaker 1: Yes, it is.
Speaker 2: Just got me my Imskire iron beater. Used CEO Summer promo code, got a discount, got the got the showcase profile face one, that's the one you want, Yes, sir uh.
Speaker 3: Non foil because I want to paint it completely full art because he only has ninety eight lines of text and I want to every time have to look it up because I forget what it does.
Speaker 1: Ah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so CEO Summer you can see it on the TV now if you're watching on YouTube, which should be Editor Joe hasn't had to exercise the if you, if you, which you should be graphic for a while.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so big thanks to editor Joe as well.
Speaker 3: CEO some are gonna get you a discount if it's your first time, you're spending over one hundred Canadian dollars.
Speaker 2: That's like for US d you can use CEO Permo code.
Speaker 3: You're gonna get ten percent store credit kickback. Like I don't know if you're buying a box at dusk More or buying the full set of all four pre cons they have those at Fusion or play Mats dice, tokens, stickers, stickers is us.
Speaker 1: Yeah, board games, yeah, play MAT's D and D books.
Speaker 2: They got it all.
Speaker 1: Back issues, secret layers.
Speaker 2: Yeah, back issues. That's what we have because we're old.
Speaker 1: What Oh I understand, yeah, don't live. I thought I was still thinking about like comic books and oh description services from Yeah, I was, yeah, I understand.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Hey, we got a show for a couple more minutes.
Speaker 3: Uh, I mentioned stickers. We got some new ones. Commander coocoat dot com. You can get my ebook there if you're interested in learning how to do your own altered art cards or book a lesson or commission there that goes right to our email and we can see that. And oh, this one's my favorite because people are messaging me like left, right and center.
Speaker 2: CCEO Experience Calgary. Yeah, baby's coming up, she's coming up.
Speaker 3: We've labeled it a CEO experience because we're not going to Vegas, and we've got like, oh men, so many people already like hey, put my name down, put my name down, put my name down. You got to be a Patreon supporter over at patreon dot com. Slash CCO podcast to get in there. You get an invite you can get in on the planning. We've got a thread in our discord, which is another Patreon benefit and another Patreon benefit, knowing that you're gonna keep CEO like going chugging along, chugging along, because if it weren't for the patrons, the show would have died like a long time ago, right, Like, there's an expense for the show and some of the equipment and the time and the editing and the software that we that we lease every month that.
Speaker 1: Helps us do all the storage space, yeah.
Speaker 2: To do all the stuff.
Speaker 3: So if you want to support the show and get cool benefits like the discord and get your decks featured and the CCO experience.
Speaker 2: Even if you're not in the house.
Speaker 3: There's members of CECO Nation that are playing in like the main vent in Calgary or the CEDH tournament in Calgary that aren't staying in our house because.
Speaker 2: They're like studying up and trying too hard. Yeah, they're being.
Speaker 1: All sweaty about it.
Speaker 3: You still get some of the swag and get to come to whatever it is after parties and get in on all of the extra curriculars I call them.
Speaker 1: I hope that we get to stay in a big mansion.
Speaker 3: I have been looking at houses in like South Calgary. It's gonna have to be a big house.
Speaker 2: I wouldn't necessarily call it a mansion, but man, if enough people are interested and we gotta get a house that's got twenty bedrooms, man, I'll frick, I'll do it.
Speaker 1: I want to stay in another place that has a spider that's so big we name him.
Speaker 2: Yeah. That was the That was the Bellevue Seattle house. Yeah, base man, that was a cool house.
Speaker 3: It had like the wrap around deck like the bedroom that I was in, I could go out on the patio and the deck went all the way around the house to like the.
Speaker 1: Living room in the kitchen. Yeah. Cool place, super cool place.
Speaker 3: So if you want to be part of that kind of stuff, I think Producer Gary might even come.
Speaker 1: Maybe he'll take his old shitty car. We've got a bunch of really cool decks that were set and so we could even play.
Speaker 3: Yes, oh yeah, oh man, We've got so many deck submissions for Producer Gary to learn.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: One of the probably gonna happen though, is we'll just make them go to Fusion Gaming and use CEO Perks promo code because it'll be his first time. Yeah, and he'll just buy a pre con no, I am in. We're talking about pre cons tomorrow on the on the Bonus episode. At least one of them is really good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and it's.
Speaker 2: Gonna lead to some games that are like fucked.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm I said it on the pre SCIAW yesterday. I'm not not that they're bad. I'm not saying that they're bad. I'm just saying that I'm not intruing not feeling them. I'm not feeling them.
Speaker 2: Despite feeling the rest of the set.
Speaker 1: I do like this set aesthetic. I like a lot of the stuff. I didn't my brain didn't comprehend initially how few legendary creatures are in it. M I was thinking about it on the way over to the studio today. I like how that kind of feeds into the horror aesthetic of the show because the setup. Sorry, because when you've got all these legendary creatures and heroes and planes, walkers and demigods running around, well, why are they afraid of zombies and ghosts and stuff? They're not like look at Tivars, Like I fucking punch all these guys in the face because I have one dimension to my character and it's punching. I'm popular, and they're like, well, why is he afraid of anything? But all of the character, all the people in Duskmarnt are just regular people running around try and survive in this horrific environment where everything is trying to kill them. And it's just regular people running around, and that's something new. I like that.
Speaker 3: I'm a fan of it, like a nineties horror flick where some teenagers just get into some trouble that.
Speaker 2: They ought not to be in precisely.
Speaker 3: So that's like a trope which I wanted to ask you about both today and on tomorrow's pre con episode. This is okay, let's get into it because there's two things Uncle Brandon knows we talked about on the pre show. He knows two things. First thing, he knows how brandology, how to act and work with a huge wiener, And the second thing.
Speaker 1: Horror movies.
Speaker 2: Those are the two things I know about, especially terrible ones.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, the worse the better. Yeah, okay.
Speaker 3: Oh one more thing. Oh, we forgot to do the giveaway on the pre show yesterday. Oh yeah, yes, for the Booster Pac game. We have a randomly selected Patreon winner to win a Cecio sticker pack, token pack or a booster pack.
Speaker 2: Got a frog in my throat?
Speaker 1: Stop eating my people? Yeah? Stop eating them? What's wrong with you?
Speaker 2: The paid And I remember this nickname? If this is Parker Stockwell, get at us commandic cook at at gmail dot com.
Speaker 1: You're the winner.
Speaker 2: Nickname Parker Coxmell. That is a that is a mighty nick one.
Speaker 1: I like that one.
Speaker 2: I like that one. Yeah, you're the winner.
Speaker 1: Of the Good Way, the good nickname game and also of the thing. So at the commandic cookout gmail dot com. Full name, full address with postaler zip code, Yes, sir, and we know who you are, So get at us or else. Yep.
Speaker 3: Okay, this is kind of like an overarching topic that I guess is like over top of all of Duskborn, the legends, the abilities, the pre cons, the cards in the set, overtop everything. Okay, do you recognize modern horror tropes that you would maybe find in movies and and I'm not talking about like vampires and werewolves like in in Astrade, like the classic horror tropes like Jacqueline Hyde and Frankenstein. And I'm not talking about cosmic horror like Lovecrafty and El Drozi. I'm not talking about that, although there is some of that also, there is some of that in here, yep, because we're kind of in a different dimension in this house or whatever. Right, Yeah, I guess watch Commander Munchies when that comes out. But do we see what we were expecting when they said or when they said things like modern horror, slasher flicks, chainsaw, leather Face. We got meat hook Masacre two. That's kind of leather facy. Do we see things like Buffalo Bill and Ghostface and Jason and Freddy Krueger.
Speaker 2: Are we getting that vibe?
Speaker 1: Yes? We are those all of those things that you said exist in this movie somewhere. There's like in this set, Yes, there's like four cards that reference Saw, not even including Saw.
Speaker 2: I forgot about Saw, right.
Speaker 1: There's lots of cards like do you want to play a game? There's the one where the two guys are like doing the tug of war over the great Big Buzzsaw trap and only one of them can walk out of the room alive. There's lots of those kinds of things. Annabel makes an appearance on two cards. There's the one that everybody thinks about in their head they're gonna talk about today. And then they have another card that's got like the real life Annabelle on it, which is really cool because she's not like this ornate, creepy doll like she is in the movies and the real the real life Annabelle that exists in the Warrens music, like, Museum of Horrors is like a shitty old raggedy an dolls, right, it probably it's not covered in in shit, but it is like this dirty old doll. Oh yeah, because it's just an old just haunted as shit. And there's an evil jack in the box called Attack in the Box, and I just I love that it's not an a legendary creature but Attack.
Speaker 3: Wait until we get like the Outdoorsman set and it'll be Tackle in the Box.
Speaker 2: It's like a fishing tackle box.
Speaker 1: And they've got a bunch of body horror in the thing, Like there's the the tools, the new batter skull, whatever the hell that thing's called, the surgery implements that.
Speaker 2: Are all like, yeah, we'll talk about that stuff.
Speaker 1: I think next week.
Speaker 3: When we took a look at all our favorite cards and stuff and we get those creepy like walker things that got those long legs and that can crawl on the roof and stuff.
Speaker 2: Okay, so Creepy Peeper is is that Creepy Peeper?
Speaker 1: That's a movie. That's a card? Oh, it's a card of the set. I guess, don't google that. I mean it is a card.
Speaker 2: There, it is. This is what this is leading to.
Speaker 3: Okay, is and I want to do this whenever we look at sets now because over the last few sets we've been taking a little bit closer looks at sets right, looking at pre cons, looking at legends, looking at everything right.
Speaker 1: Not just cards, but the set.
Speaker 3: And it's yeah, yeah, I think that that's how we can provide some value to the listeners in answering this question specifically, Okay, what does Dusk Mourn or any set provide the greater magic sphere or landscape? What is it giving us in terms of a bit interesting legends, new mechanics. I guess those are abilities the overall aesthetic, like is it opening a door to something new?
Speaker 1: Are we getting that I'm going to opening a door to something new?
Speaker 3: And the example I thought of is is like the really top down themed sets like Amanket is opening the door to this Egyptian world that we know exists in video games and in movies, and now we have it and in D and D. Now we have it in Magic. Therros did that with like the Greek pantheon and old.
Speaker 1: School classical Greek.
Speaker 2: Right, yeah, this is opening up modern style horror and slasher.
Speaker 1: Flicks now based on some of the stuff I've heard, I don't think people are actually that pumped about that. Oh, like when you're seeing baseball bats and the ghostbuster guns and a literal cheerleader running away from a zombie.
Speaker 3: You know, come on, come on, how could you not like it? But I can understand why people don't.
Speaker 1: I understand it is too modern, too real world like real life, like.
Speaker 3: When we went to Stranger Things and Walking Dead for a first couple, like Secret Layers right for the universes beyond.
Speaker 1: Where it's just people in real life? Yeah, who are people in? Right?
Speaker 3: It's Mac and I talked about that on Commander History that we went for like an hour just talking about that.
Speaker 1: I can get why people aren't behind it. I don't think it dilutes the game, but I I can see.
Speaker 3: Where people are coming from when they do that makes it feel not like fantasy.
Speaker 1: And the thing that I think Dusk Worn adds to the greater game myself is I think that this is WATSI kind of showing us that they are willing to not push Commander as hard as they have been.
Speaker 2: That's that's like, that's like meta.
Speaker 1: Because when you look at this set, there's not very many legends. Nope, there's one new deck archetype that you're going to see, which is Doors, which they just fully fleshed out and put into the.
Speaker 2: With a five colored door Commander.
Speaker 1: Right, like, we'll talk about it sounds so stupid, will the command door? It is stupid, and the deck isn't gonna be good, right, it's not. I didn't put that one together, And so I think, but there's there isn't a lot of there. There's some support for existing decks that there's a Miracles deck that they build, there's a whole bunch of graveyard stuff for those strategies. But I feel like a lot of the cards are more focused on the other constructed formats slash sealed event stuff, right m hm. And I think that that's kind of WATSA saying, hey, look like we're still willing to do this. You guys, and as long as this set sells well, which I happen to have spoken with some retailers abone, it is oh good.
Speaker 3: But despite everybody that I've seen online saying, you know what, that's not for me, I'm still moving.
Speaker 1: It's still moving based on the retailers that I've spoken to, and apparently the distributors didn't think that it was going to to the point that they were sending out extra bonus free product to anybody that box I did. I did, actually, so like in our local store, anybody who buys a box, the company sent our store two boxers boxes of Collector Boosters. Everybody that buys a box gets a collector booster along with the promo card.
Speaker 2: Well, even if you buy a collector box.
Speaker 1: Collector box gets one, right, you get like an extra bone bonus box or whatever. And I mean it's a pack bonus box. Don't google that. But they're still like trying to encourage people to buy some sealed product. And I think that that's that's cool. But it also shows that maybe WATSI has a little bit less confidence going into this one because it's not so focused on Commander. But I think that that is a bonus where they're actually looking at the other formats and saying, hey, here's some shit for you guys.
Speaker 3: You know what, I know when we go to the bigger face to face games, like I'm going to face to face his Command Fest. Dusk Morn. Command Fest launch in Toronto this weekend. We're recording this episode at a different time so I can be on a plane. And I know that at least on Friday evening and Saturday all day there's never any trouble firing sealed and drafts for the set DuJour.
Speaker 2: But I'm gonna do a little bit of extra homework.
Speaker 3: I'm going to talk to some of the retail people and some of the events staff and say, hey, like, how is dusk Morn doing? Are people excited to play the set? And our people buying the product at a higher clip than they would buy any other product that's launching the same weekend as the Command Fest, And are people picking up dusk Morn singles that you guys have in your showcases. There's gonna be a bunch of retailers there, and we've been to enough of these shows that I kind of know all of the workers and owners of the retail locations.
Speaker 2: Fusion's gonna be there face to face.
Speaker 3: We're partner with both of those those entities, and they're two of the biggest in Canada.
Speaker 2: At least I know.
Speaker 3: Canada has got like ten percent of the population that like the Land of the Free has.
Speaker 1: The population of New York State.
Speaker 3: Yeah, exactly, but there's still thirty five million people here. And when you talk to some of the biggest retailers, you can get a good feel for it.
Speaker 1: So I'm super nervous that you're going to be around all those retailers, and I'm not because of reasons that.
Speaker 3: Make case I can find In case I can find a dark misprinted Griffin Canyon.
Speaker 1: It's gonna just ruin everything.
Speaker 2: Oh no, it'll it'll make my.
Speaker 1: Day unless I've already reached out to them to make sure. And you'll never know.
Speaker 2: Probably have so well, No, I know that you have, because you've told me.
Speaker 1: So.
Speaker 2: Dusk morn legends.
Speaker 1: Yeah, let's do some let's let's actually talk about some cards.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Now, before before we look.
Speaker 1: At any specific cards, there's one that I'm gonna take a stab at building and everybody, I think knows which one is. I know which one it is. Is there one that you're thinking, like, I know that you're still working on dink Smear, Metal Gorge or or whatever. Yes, yes, hundred years.
Speaker 2: Ago, but literally one set ago, one.
Speaker 1: Set and five releases ago. Yeah, do you is there anything in here that you're gonna like put on the back burner of you're gonna think about it and build one?
Speaker 2: I have some that I'm interested in the ninety nins.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, lots of those.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, And I guess that's what I usually ask either at the start of the end of these are are you going to build any? Are any going into your ninety nine? Which one do you think is going to be the most popular in our meta that we're going to see, not necessarily like which one's gonna be on dh reck the most or which one's the best c edh, but which one are we going to see?
Speaker 1: Necro Bloom?
Speaker 2: Necro Bloom now's a good one.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Okay, fifty total, but some of those are reprints twenty seven new, eight of which are from the precon So we're gonna look at like nineteen cards today, which is like the lowest mount since Frickin' ever.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, two thousand and nine. Yeahb I have no frame of reference for that.
Speaker 2: I just we should also we should also keep an eye out for which ones are going to be like Nadu and just like Wreck the format that just totally fuck everything.
Speaker 1: Right now, there is one that I'm I'm looking at. I'm not I'm oh, it's so broken baar in it, but I think that, Oh yeah, let's just start with Let's start with Kona. Oh, that'll be our first one.
Speaker 3: Okay, first one, Conna Rescue Beastie. It's a four to three beast survivor for Green three.
Speaker 2: It's got survival.
Speaker 3: So at the beginning of your second main phase, if it's tapped because it attacked and lived or whatever, right, you you may put a permanent card from your hand onto the battlefield.
Speaker 2: Okay, you just get a free thing.
Speaker 1: That's pretty good. That's fine. Yeah, and I just on its face, I can see just doing busted stuff like that could represent a turn to Ulamang Kosilek Blight Steel Blight Steel Colossus. It's not always, not often.
Speaker 3: You ramp the shit out, you get turned four or sorry, turn two, you got four mana you play it. You have some way to tap it and immediately have a blight steel on the battlefield on turn two or three, ready to kill your opponent on turn three or four if it doesn't have haste. Yes, that's a pretty powerful guy. Now, I think it's kind of linear.
Speaker 1: Very linear. It's not exciting, it's not strong.
Speaker 3: It doesn't care about creature types like shirt goes in beast decks. But it's not going to lead a beast deck.
Speaker 2: No, Survivor decks are not a thing.
Speaker 1: Nope.
Speaker 3: I think this will be something that we see in the ninety nine as a way to cheat stuff in in green decks that care about cheating stuff in, like like Quicksilver Amulet, like Elvish Piper, like sneak attack.
Speaker 1: But this is different because it's not just creatures. Oh, it's a permanent crisis omniscience. This is more lands this you know what I mean. Like, there's all sorts of just really good stuff you can sneak in with this.
Speaker 2: This is dark steel forge and then shatter.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and all my stuff has indestructible this is this is stuff like that.
Speaker 1: This thing can do all sorts of really powerful stuff in the ninety nine is probably more effective, but as the leader of a deck, you could have some really really explosive turns based.
Speaker 2: On all Spineworm is another one, right.
Speaker 1: Rightly, if you build her with like a few vehicles or some equipments, maybe that like you tapper, right, like just easy ways to tapper really fast, so you can player tapper get a thing, and some of those things you could get are gonna it could be a lot to handle. And she costs four in a green deck, that's like two.
Speaker 2: That's like on turn two. Yeah right, yeah, Okay, that one didn't stick out to me.
Speaker 3: It sort of feels like Kodama of the West Tree, like whenever you put a permanent into play, you get another permanent, right, like that cost six?
Speaker 2: That costs six, but what's six in a green deck?
Speaker 1: Turn three two and a half?
Speaker 3: Doing that, like it's one turn slower than this, but you can kind of combo with it when you have stuff that bounces and replays, and right, yeah, maybe these just go in the same semic bullshit dot deck. Yeah, right back to when you when you when you say, oh well you can put omissions into play with this or something like like dream halls or something like what's what's the one mind over matter?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 3: Those are just blue combo pieces that will go would love to be paired with a card like this, And then you're playing semic.
Speaker 2: Bullshit, which isn't a ConA deck. It's a semic bullshit.
Speaker 1: That's a semic bullshit debt. Is the ConA deck going to exist? Maybe not, But I can see this being a kill on site card virtually. Anytime it hits the table, it's probably fuck. Probably it's always gonna do something cool.
Speaker 3: ConA vehicle deck because you can tap it at instant speed and then just be like, oh yeah, it's tapped and it's freaking still alive. Yeah, okay, one that's not going to make a big impact. I don't want to spend a lot of time on this one. And ten Nak the.
Speaker 1: Thrice called Altanac. The thrice cald did I say it wrong? Yes, all Altanac. Sure.
Speaker 3: The thrice called it's a seven drop nine to nine insect. Beast does have a relevant creature type in insect, and there is an insect commander in this deck.
Speaker 2: Tramski.
Speaker 3: Because of course, when it becomes the target of speller ability opponent controls draw card.
Speaker 2: Opponent's control, well, they might kill it, So you draw card.
Speaker 1: If they're like gonna doom blade it or something I want it to be if it becomes a target of speller ability period, yes, but then it's a combo engine.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you go green one, discard it from your hand, return a land card from your graveyard to the battlefield, tapped neat. I think you discard this and then you reanimate it and it's a nine to nine on the cheap, yes, and that makes it not your commander and probably in a Gulgari deck. I think that this card it's at uncommon. I think this is like a build around uncommon type card that you're gonna play in draft or sealed or something.
Speaker 1: And if there's a couple of cards that are with it, right, yeah, there's a couple of cards like find it and bin it for you.
Speaker 3: That's why it's a build around uncommon. This screams at seven Man of Screams. This is your sealed deck bomb. If you open this, you build around this one. And I don't think we're gonna see this in Commander specifically, because if you want a nine to nine, there's probably better ones. If you want seven drops, they're certainly better. Oh yeah, right, game winning ones.
Speaker 1: Right, you want to build. You want to play a seven drop commander, you might as well have one that's gonna win you the game. Yeah, if not right now with some inevitability. This is a nine to nine with trample. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Now it is a bug, so it might see bug deck play.
Speaker 2: Let's talk about a card that we are gonna see.
Speaker 1: Arabella abandoned Doll.
Speaker 2: Oh oh yeah, this is a pre con one.
Speaker 3: That's right, Arabella abandoned Doll, red white one three legendary artifact creature toy.
Speaker 1: Sure, why not?
Speaker 2: This is the Annabelle analog?
Speaker 1: Correct? What I did there? Yeah, very well done.
Speaker 3: When Arabella abandoned Annabelle Doll attacks, Holy fuck, it deals x damage to each your opponent and you gain x life, where x is the number of creatures you control with power to or less.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna put this in oh three sons glory.
Speaker 2: I want this in any Boros Tokens deck.
Speaker 3: Now if I can slap uh indestructible on this or put like like slag skin armor or whatever it is, like the plus zero plus six equipment on it to give it nine toughness and just attack with impunity either way, yep, And I just have a bunch of dumb ass tokens that I don't care about. Not only am I gonna be dealing double digits of damage every turn, my life total is gonna be one hundred, so I'm never gonna have to block.
Speaker 2: This card is good, and.
Speaker 1: It's a very good card. At two mana, that two mana and again it's a it's another Boros attacky ATTACKI Commander. I just like this one because it's referencing something I like in Annabelle. And it goes right into my O three Sons glory deck, which allows me to cut an another stack piece in order to put in another beat the shit out of you.
Speaker 2: Hey, I like that.
Speaker 3: This goes right into the Samurai double attack trigger guy that Smitty.
Speaker 2: Plays too, Remember the the Mardo guy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, double attacks with this, He's gonna gain double life and he's gonna deal double damage to each opponent.
Speaker 1: Sick.
Speaker 3: So not only does it act as like a two drop aggro Boros Tokens Commander, it also goes into the ninety nines and acts like a damage doubler in things that care about that. Never mind if you got freaking actual damage doublers in there, this card's gonna go crazy.
Speaker 1: And it's an uncommon, so it's gonna cost you no money, which is really cool. You can pick up a really cool card on the cheap. That's awesome.
Speaker 2: Does it have any special printings?
Speaker 1: No, uncommon, it will not, it will not. You're right. It'll have a foil and a nonfoil, and it's listed. We're looking at a site. It's forty one United States Sense and I think that's because uncommons on these sites cost forty one United States Sense.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it ain't gonna cost that much.
Speaker 1: That's just what it is. If you go to the story, you can get it for a quarter. I can almost guarantee it cool.
Speaker 2: Okay, command door, let's to the command door. Okay, oh, first one.
Speaker 3: We're gonna play in the ninety nine Annabella, Yes, first one, okay, command or this is Marina Vendrell Wooberg three five human Warlock relevant creature types if that matters. When it enters, reveal the top seven of your library. That's frickin' lots. Put all enchantment cards from among them into your hand, and the rest of the bottom in a random order.
Speaker 2: That's lots.
Speaker 3: That sounds like NIV miss it. Reveal ten and get all the gild colors.
Speaker 1: That sounds like that's literally Karth the Lion, reveal the top seven, get all the planes, walker cars.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 3: It sounds like the the what the frick is it? The winoda kind of sounds like that. Yeah, seven's frickin' lots man.
Speaker 1: Seven is a very big number. It's more than you thinks it will. Seven out of one hundred.
Speaker 2: But like seven's a lot that's a whole starting hand.
Speaker 1: Yeah, just okay.
Speaker 3: So also, well, tap lock or unlock a door of target room you control activate as a sorcery, so that unlocks the enchantments that we saw, Yes, and some care about when they get on. I think they all care about when you cast one, it's unlocked, right, Yes. And are there cards that care about when a door becomes unlocked?
Speaker 1: Yes, they're eerie. I think is the keyword ability in this set, where when you.
Speaker 3: Unlock a door you have an effect when enchantment ETBs or when you fully unlock a room all the doors in.
Speaker 1: A room yep. And then then there's a couple that what's the word I'm thinking of? Specifically, there's one that when you unlock the other side you have a turn of yogmoths will.
Speaker 3: Yes, yeah, so that that's a green one, right, you play lance from your graveyard or you can yog Moth's will for the turn.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and that's that's just for that turn. And then once you've done that, you have a fully unlocked room that lets you play lands from your graveyard. Oh fuck off.
Speaker 3: So you can lock that door and you can lock then unlock it again the next turn by paying its man of cost is how you unlock it? That's five to yog moths will every turn. Yep, yeah, I'm you could bounce it and then pay the three cost door side and then use this to unlock it and avoid the five man. And you just have to have a free way to like tap bounce an enchantment or something like. You could figure that out in a five color deck, couldn't you, absolute man, if you're not doing the door deck, which I think you could, and yog Moths Will, you know, straight to a guy's heart, my favorite card. You could just go five color Enchantress with this, and it's a frickin' draw seven.
Speaker 1: Like, yeah, that's good. It's a good card and it's not it's it's cool and it's focused in on a new mechanic from the set, but it's not pigeonholed into only doors. I like that. That's that's cool.
Speaker 3: I think that all of those things are accurate and good.
Speaker 1: I'm glad that they're they're making a I have color card that isn't just generically awesome, but isn't so pigeonholed that you'll never see it anywherever.
Speaker 2: But it is generically awesome because it says enchantment on it. Yeah, okay, well, talking about generically awesome. This next guy, this is the one that people were like going the most bonkers over because it combos the most different ways.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and we're talking about alliteration. This is Marvin Murderous mimic.
Speaker 1: He's a ventriloquist doll that was used to terrorize a person that liked it so much he came back to life again by himself to beat ass.
Speaker 2: Now is this like?
Speaker 1: Is this Chucky? Is this Goosebumps? Like?
Speaker 2: What is this?
Speaker 1: I get more of the goosebump guy? What's his name? Chippy? Do you remember the goose pump?
Speaker 2: I don't think it is. I don't think it Chippy Chucky, No, not Chucks.
Speaker 1: Chippy, whatever, his name is. I'm getting Night of the Living Doll from Marvin the Murderous Mimic myself.
Speaker 3: Okay, and man, his showcase art so cool, fricking cool because it's who do you think he's voting for?
Speaker 2: If you know slap slappy slappy yank you Yeah.
Speaker 3: You know, if you'd get the voting joke if you watched a pre show yesterday.
Speaker 1: Yes, so it's so it's like the puppet and then the hand that would have worked the puppet, but it's dead, right, it's a skeleton hand that's up in his It's fucking cool.
Speaker 2: Oh I didn't get that, yeah gros.
Speaker 1: Yeah right, because he killed the guy that was doing the thing and now he's what's that man?
Speaker 2: That hand is up his butt?
Speaker 1: Yeah okay, Well it goes not up his butt, it goes into his back and then it oh go and then you work it.
Speaker 2: That could be up his butt. No kink shaming in the nation, not even if you're a puppet.
Speaker 1: What this card is, yes, sir? Is it two to two for two? It's already good colorless toy creature toy artifact, legitary creature artifact. Whatever the fun does matter. It has all activated abilities of all creatures that you control that don't have the same name as him.
Speaker 2: So all your creatures.
Speaker 1: Yes, okay, so this is what you do.
Speaker 3: You basically have any artifacts that tap for Manna and any artifacts that let you untap him, and cards with the ability that say untap get an effect, and you just do that like that's the deck. Right, You got your Thrand dynamos, You've got your no, it's creatures. Oh sure, I'll turn my Thrand dynamo into a creature. Sure, sure I'll give I'll put a mere welder in there and exile a thrand Aynamal with my mere welder. So I'm a mere welder is Marvin two, And Marvin has all of the freaking same abilities that the mere welder has because the mere welder does the same exact thing. You thought mere welder was broken.
Speaker 2: Fricking put this one in your command zone.
Speaker 1: I didn't think mere welder was that broken. Actually, no, it isn't. But it can be fair. It can't be yes, slow.
Speaker 3: Uh, this guy costs less, does more. A mirror mirror galvanizer. It's the one that taps for two. Nope, mirror, No.
Speaker 1: Mere galvanizer is the Lord I know the one. You know, it's the one that costs. It's the one that taps for two with a scrap basket gives you unlimited untapped.
Speaker 3: Pillopala untaps and Farmstead gleaner, the Scarecrow untaps, voltaic construct pay two to untap. You could pair it with plus one counters with and I got dh rec open now Cryptic, Trilobite, Triskellian walking, yeah, oh man, steal overseer, tap to put plus one counter on each artifactor you control. In short, palladium mirror, that's what it is.
Speaker 1: In short, this guy is necrodigus, but colorless.
Speaker 2: And in your command zone, so you don't have to play black and you can do all of the same things and more because it's in play.
Speaker 1: I think that he's he's like you say, he's cracked. He's, but I think he's held back a little bit by being a colorless card, so you don't have access to lots of the stuff that's just gonna dumpster your whole deck. And I think he's held back a little bit by the fact that he's another artifact combo deck that happens to have to rely on having a bunch of shit in play as opposed to just tinker with the machine. But overall, I think it's a really neat card.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and you're gonna know what it's trying to do as soon as you see it.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 2: It's not a toy deck, No, it's an artifact combo deck.
Speaker 1: So just be aware and you could put it in something like a Cranco or something like. You know, when your commander just has a really cool activated ability, you can just throw throw Marvin in there and.
Speaker 2: It acts kind of like a panh Harmonicon Panharmonicon number six.
Speaker 1: It's Cranko, it's Silvalla, it's all those kind of cool Just tap your commander, do a thing, yep, and there is.
Speaker 2: So it acts as a two man, a kind of like ability doubler, just.
Speaker 1: A really neat utility card. I like him, and I really really like I didn't you're gonna sart this one. I do atility card.
Speaker 2: Put him in your goblin decks, everybody, Okay, Nashi Searcher of the Dark. I don't like this one.
Speaker 3: It's too too rat Ninja wizard, all relevant creature types, all creature types that other than wizards. Because I like playing the Mount of Blue wizards can pound sand menace whenever it deals combat damage to a player.
Speaker 2: I mail that many cards. That's pretty cool, Okay.
Speaker 3: I get to mail that many cards, and then you may put any number of legendary and or enchantment cards from among the milled cards into your hand. If no cards are put in your hand this way, you put one plus one on them.
Speaker 1: So I guess if you put them in.
Speaker 3: Your blue inclusive rat deck, that's fine. Sure, if you put them in your black inclusive enchanter's decks, that's fine. But he's only going to reveal the top two unless you pump them. I really like this guy with a little card called Hatred, and I pay like thirty life to give him plus thirty at instant speed. When he's not blocked, I reveal the top thirty and find like tutor for an enchantment combo piece.
Speaker 2: I really like that one.
Speaker 1: I don't know, man, that seems too utility for me. That seems like I don't think he is an exciting card. I think that he goes into the ninety nine of a deck and is just.
Speaker 2: There to.
Speaker 1: Do exactly what you just said, because that's the only thing this guy's probably ever gonna do because he wants to build. Are you have to get in with your little pitiful commander over and over and over again and then not do the value thing out of the bin so that you can make him bigger like that.
Speaker 3: I think he goes in the I think he goes as one of your thirteen creatures in your limited deck and you try to reveal doors with him to draw like a second card Perturn.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's what you did. It is okay, we got there.
Speaker 3: Here's one that I think that you like. I do this is do Nico Light of Hope. And we've seen Nico before on a plane's walker who cares about shard tokens and we get that again. Okay, So Blue White two three four human wizard relevant creature types when he enters, create two shard tokens. Those are specifically enchantments, and they have two sacrifice scry one draw card neat. Those are actually good little tokens. Scry then draws good and also to tap exile target non legend creature you control, shards you control become copies of it until the beginning of your next end step, so you could do this at instant speed.
Speaker 1: Hey, that's right, okay, and.
Speaker 3: Then they stay that way for a long time, return it to the battlefield under its owner's control at the beginning of the next end step. Correct, So you get the creature back yep, but your shards become like they stay that Yeah. So this is like blink because he's got a blink ability there yep.
Speaker 2: And CLONEE and ETBs and ETBs.
Speaker 3: So like we've got the ETB blink deck and Azorius already, which which I know that you're not a fan of because they kind of all feel the same. They play ghostly flicker and efamorate and Brago or whatever his name is, right, Yeah, but this one lets you clone.
Speaker 1: I like this one.
Speaker 2: I think Uncle Brando might have an azorious clone deck.
Speaker 1: I would like to clone your things. Yes, then I will turn my shards into those things. Yes, And then I can make my clone go away and the clone comes back and then clone something else. I like this card.
Speaker 3: And with your effemerates and ghostly flickers and spells that copy things like that, you could flicker Nico a bunch of times to.
Speaker 2: Get more sharks, to get more sharks.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's got some terrible underwear he's going to cost go like every week.
Speaker 1: Yeah. And for the record, the shard token looks really cool. Also, there it'll probably if you're watched on YouTube, it'll be one. There'll be one on the screen. I think they're really neat. I got one in a pack and it's it's foilly and it's cool. I like them.
Speaker 3: Okay, so this might be one that you if you took a part a clone deck that you had and you wanted to add white to it to get better removal and do the blink thing, you could do this.
Speaker 1: I would do it. If I'm going to build a blink deck, it's probably gonna be this one. I just have to find one of that card.
Speaker 2: There you go.
Speaker 1: It's a mythic.
Speaker 2: Hey, it doesn't feel mythic, but it doesn't know.
Speaker 1: It's probably good and limited, so they make it. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, sure, here's one that you're gonna build.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this is for me. This is me, This is it. Read it.
Speaker 2: Noorrian Swift survivalist, goddamn right now to one human coward for red Ye. Noorn Swift Survivalist can't block.
Speaker 1: Who cares? Who cares? Don't care?
Speaker 2: He didn't block anyways, that's right.
Speaker 3: Whenever a creature you controlled becomes blocked, you may exile it. You may play cards that were exiled this turn.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so that's red ETBs. And here's why I like it, because if I can fill my deck up with enough red et B stuff and then attack you with them, it's going to give you, as my opponent, a very difficult decision tree to make. Oh man, do I block that coxslide extortionist that has a quietest spike on it? Or do I block it and he gets to do coxslide extortionist again?
Speaker 3: Dude, this is this is one of the ones that I actually looked into to say, what can we do with this?
Speaker 1: And because there's there's way more stuff than you think about, Like it's not just dockside and Siege Gang Commander and flame Tongue cavou. When all these guys are there's lots of stuff that when they come into play, yes, they do neat shit.
Speaker 2: And because you're casting it, you would maybe be encouraged with something like braid of fire and things that build man out turnover turn, things like.
Speaker 3: NEB that gives you mana equal to damage delt. You could do rituals, You could do things like okay, invasion plans where it says each creature has to be blocked, and we get to choose how blocks are declared. So your creatures get blocked, they automatically exile. And then if they're one and two drops with ETBs like destroy an artifact or get treasure or whatever, you just freaking cast them again. And Dockside lets you just immediately cast them all again.
Speaker 2: And in the last couple.
Speaker 3: Of years we've gotten in red actually a few things that say when you cast this from anywhere other than your hand, yeah, or in my cascade deck wild Magic Sorcerer, the first spell you cast from exile like where Norn puts, it gains cascade, So you're actually doubling up and getting like crazy value because cascade is ridiculous and should have never existed. Right, So this card is is like Man super super good. And you know what the funniest thing about this Neuron card is is it cares about everybody else et being not nouran.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but the exact opposite of what my neurin deck that I have now does.
Speaker 2: But you could put all the same cards with it, like Perferos and Impact Travers and all the double ETB and double trigger stuff. I'm not going to do that that you already played.
Speaker 1: But I could, but you're not going to. But I could and I would. Yeah, and I'm gonna put nor in regular in there too. Oh yeah, oh yeah.
Speaker 3: Oh you get like like a double He phases himself out and he just freaking cast him.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I suppose is the only costs one manner?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I want Okay, so that's cool, and you're gonna buld.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna I'm gonna bild Nore in the norm the Survivalist. I think it's gonna be cool. If you have any suggestions or tech, let me know, because I will try and include, because I think that's gonna be a lot of fun, be a cool deck.
Speaker 2: Rip spawn Hunter rip Spawn Hunter is Ripspawn White Green two four to four human survival survivor with survival. At the beginning of your second main phase, if it's tapped and not dead, you look at the top X of your library or ex's power so probably four and put any number of creatures and or vehicle cards from among them into your hand rest in the bottom random order.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna tell you who this actually is, Okay, Marty McFly and that's why he cares about vehicles. Marty McFly from Back to the Future, and I know that's look at him, look at his faith.
Speaker 2: That's who's supposed to be.
Speaker 1: That's definitely Marty McFly. He's wearing the future jacket that like resizes itself, and he gives a shit about vehicles when there's no vehicles in this set. This is obviously a fallen through Back to the Future crossover. There were trying to do, isn't this a girl? Can Marty McFly up be a girl? I suppose they're trying to say nothing. Yeah, oh, but that's what that is.
Speaker 3: Is this supposed to be maybe like a ghost hunter. What's this gun that they have? I don't is that a ghost shooting gun?
Speaker 1: It's a camera.
Speaker 3: I think this goes into ninety nine of vehicle decks. I don't think. Okay, vehicles and white go hand in hand, right. They got the pilots and stuff that you can play in vehicle decks that can crew up. Yep, this lets you do green white, so you can add vehicles like a seekerst chariot and a bunch of like man of production and token producers.
Speaker 1: So this is like sure and when the DeLorean comes out, we have somebody to drive it.
Speaker 3: Oh back to the future, Secret Layer, when we just got Ghostbusters.
Speaker 2: Who are you gonna call Marty McFly the Jolly balloon Man?
Speaker 1: Who is this? Whoy is the clown? Okay, that's what I was asking. We all float here.
Speaker 2: Did you notice that that balloons he's blown up our people's heads?
Speaker 1: Yes, that is fantastic. I like that card lots. I'm not sure what I'm gonna do with this yet, but I'm gonna play this card. I'm gonna play I don't know where and I don't know for what, but I'm playing this. I like this.
Speaker 3: I have a very short sighted and kind of like precise take at as to where this goes in White exists, Okay, okay, so things like fell at our Guardian village, bell Ringer, etb. They untap something, right, Okay, those.
Speaker 2: Combo with kiki Jeeki, right you following me? So far one's white, one's red, Kiki Jeeki mono red. So you can't play fell at our Guardian in your Kiki Jeeki deck, right? You can only do zealous Conscripts, which could also go in this deck because read yes, Jolly balloon man manecost white, red one. He's your Kiki geek deck thing.
Speaker 1: Okay, so he's fixed Kiki jiki sort of sort of.
Speaker 3: He's one four and he's got haste. Yeah, he got freaking haste for three. You go one tap, create a token that's a copy of another target creature you control. It's a one to one red balloon creature in addition to it's other colors and types and has flying and haste, and then you sacrifice it at the beginning of the next end step. Activate only as a sorcery. So who cares, as long as you can find a way to make one mana like I don't know when a creature comes into play with something like mana echoes.
Speaker 2: Sure, this guy acts as a.
Speaker 3: Kiki jeeky in the command zone where you can also play Kiki combo in red or white. That's what this does. Yes, it does, and that's very superficial. But I think mostly that's what we're gonna see this guy doing.
Speaker 1: I think you're or you're gonna get like kind of what we're talking about with Nor and it's like a boros etb do stuff deck.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Okay, you know, you know, you know you might see a lot is Yeah, I play Jolly balloon Man, but there's no Kiki jiki in it. R Yeah, like that might be what you hear. I'm just trying to do, like, instead of a Zorious blink, I'm trying to do Boros blink.
Speaker 1: I'm trying to do the Babe Boros blink down. Is it a Boros beat down? Yeah?
Speaker 2: What's the Borough's dink down?
Speaker 1: Deck? That's what I want to know. Oh, three Sons Glory?
Speaker 2: Whose dink is down?
Speaker 1: And is it getting stomped? Yes? Okay, yes, okay, okay.
Speaker 2: Speaking of is this dink?
Speaker 1: Is this yours? Is this the one? Are you pumped?
Speaker 2: I wish this card had read in it?
Speaker 1: Is this a good card?
Speaker 2: This is the mind Skinner?
Speaker 1: Let me read this one?
Speaker 2: This is the four Skinner.
Speaker 1: Legendary Enchantment creature Nightmare ten one for Blue Blue Blue.
Speaker 2: You know I like ten power.
Speaker 1: Creatures can't be blocked If a source you control deal damage to a player. Each opponent mills that many cards, and you prevent the damage, prevent the damages. Opponent knows that many.
Speaker 2: Cards, so I it can't be blocked. I hit you, you don't lose life but you mil ten.
Speaker 1: Cards correct, and so do your other two opponents.
Speaker 3: I immediately like looked like three popcns stacked on top of each other.
Speaker 1: When I saw this card now, and I.
Speaker 2: Was like, man, this would be so good in a boro or in my my brew BAC beat Down Boys. Right, this is the card, right, break and the boys Brewvak.
Speaker 1: And the Beatdown Boys.
Speaker 2: They all got leather jackets like spikes on the shoulders, they got ys on the back, I rolled up cigarette packs in their sleeves. Sure, And then I thought, man, if I could play this in a deck that had red, so I could play cards that say damage can't be prevented. Oh yeah, there's the one aftermath card that says damage can't be prevented and double all damage. I attack you with this.
Speaker 3: It can't be blocked and it can't be prevented. Take twenty mil twenty.
Speaker 2: That's what I want to do.
Speaker 1: But it's blue.
Speaker 2: But it's blue in it side. I don't know what to do now. Bonus points. It is an enchantment as well, sure, so you could maybe find it in the ninety nine of Enchanters style decks. Ah, man, it's each opponent instead of each player. I don't think it checks enough boxes for me to build it, but it might check enough boxes to be in the BLUEVEC and the beat Down.
Speaker 1: Boys gang, sure, and it.
Speaker 3: Certainly checks the boxes to go into an is it mill deck where you can play all of the spells that mill as you do yep, with all of the.
Speaker 2: Spells that copy like Reverberate and fork.
Speaker 3: And as you do, and all the damage doublers that care specifically about mind Skinner.
Speaker 2: So that might be the deck.
Speaker 1: Neat I think that it's on its surface, like to build this as a commander, it kind of forces you to do Mono Blue Agro where you have to get in there for damage. Instead of trying to kill everybody from forty, you're trying to kill them from ninety three, which is just a stupid idea.
Speaker 2: Fuck yeah, man magic on hard mode, right, Mono.
Speaker 1: Blue beat Down, Mono Blue Agro ninety three health.
Speaker 3: That sounds like a that sounds like a fricking commander cookout down. Somebody send that in Mono Blue beat Down. And we've done Mono Blue freaking Doomsday. We can do Mono Blue beat Down with the boys.
Speaker 1: We can do that. That's you know what you're right now that I've said it out loud.
Speaker 3: Get some artifact love in there. Get some colossal hammer on this guy he hits you for twenty Fuck that.
Speaker 1: No, No, we're gonna beat down with dudes the way Garfield intended.
Speaker 3: Blue lightning bolt. Fricking mind bomb. Yeah yeah, instead of take three for one or whatever it is, I'm gonna mind bomb you over and over.
Speaker 1: Yes, that's cool because this a little bombshell opening up with a Braiths falling out of it. I love that card. That's a good one.
Speaker 2: Send it in.
Speaker 3: I'm willing to feature this deck and build it. This guy he checks so many of the boxes. He has ten power and his man of cost is freaking three. Yeah, this dumb ass idiot has one toughness.
Speaker 1: As if playing mail.
Speaker 3: Isn't hard enough, I'm gonna make my commander freaking cost five and then nine and then eleven and seven.
Speaker 2: Because he has one toughness. He checks all the boxes for me.
Speaker 3: But I don't really have a place for him because my brew Bac isn't the beatdown boys anymore.
Speaker 1: It's like a CEH deck.
Speaker 3: Oops, Jesus Christ, the swarm reaver man. We got lots to do here swarm reaver. Ah, this is a scarecrow, but it cares about insects, and like, what are we supposed to do with this?
Speaker 1: Here's a card. Here's something that I don't like on a card. I'm gonna I'm just gonna go ahead and say this, because we're gonna talk about this a lot tomorrow and over the next A couple of cards here. I think Delirium is stupid. I don't like it because it relies on you, like playing instance in sorceryes. Sure, which is fine, you're gonna do yeah, but like your stuff has to die or you have to mill it yourself. It's so many hoops to jump through just to make your card do what it's supposed to do, and a lot of them don't have effects that I would say are good enough to warrant having to jump through hoops. A bug lord that gives death touch, I already have that, and I don't have to mill myself. I don't have to have my creatures and this die like I don't. I don't like him.
Speaker 3: I got another hot take tell him ish. The Wandering Rescuer is a standard card and I'm not even going to talk about it.
Speaker 1: I am. Yeah. I was gonna say, like, can you just jump over that one? Okay, we're gonna do it. Let's just so swarm weavery I think is the Wandering Rescuers. Eh, Toby Beastie befriender. We talked about him a little bit yesterday. Yeah, as far as esthetics go, he's a one one for white two.
Speaker 2: Is this Sully and Boo for monsters?
Speaker 1: Inc? Uh? Who this is? I don't think Socus Sully was also a monster. I I actually thought for a while that this was Tetsuo for Makira.
Speaker 3: I also think the New Kids movie if like if Imaginary Friends. I think also that, but that isn't a horror movie. I don't know what this is supposed to be.
Speaker 1: There's lots of movies where kids have like demon friends that hang out with them, like that's a that's a trophy thing. There's like a TV series. I think that's about that. I think I mean kind of Beetlejuice. I guess if you wanted to go that way or was the one that I had in my head as I was saying that it's gone, I'm sorry, it's gone death note.
Speaker 3: Sure, Toby, Uh, this is gonna go in your white inclusive token decks, because as long as you control four or more creature tokens creature token, you control have flying.
Speaker 1: And keep in mind the token that he makes not legendary. So if you can blank this, dude, oh, you're gonna make four four tokens that just have to attack with each other. You could put it in that sharp deck that we talked about. You can exile that. You could turn right and now you got your shards are four fours, and then Toby comes back in makes another four to four. Now your four fours all fly in you right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I didn't think of that.
Speaker 3: I thought about having like some bigger tokens three threes, four fours, and when you give them flying and make them like not able to be blocked, it's like ooh before like I've got fifteen power on the table and you're at twelve. I guess I'll give them all flying and now you die. Like I thought this might be a finisher. I didn't even think about blinking it.
Speaker 2: So that's good.
Speaker 1: It's it's a cool card. Again. I don't think it's gonna make the most exciting commander to act. No, this is a ninety nine er, but in the ninety nine I think it's gonna do lots of good stuff. Also want to our.
Speaker 2: Next card right ninety nine again is in the ninety nine er.
Speaker 1: It's tay Var the pommeler. We all know how I feel about him on a personal level. And he's a Zuri.
Speaker 2: He's a very renegade.
Speaker 1: Itself instead of his friends, because he's a piece of shit.
Speaker 3: He's a Zuri renegade leader. He's Comala fister, He's creter hoofed behemoth, and he goes in your elf ball deck. He literally does the same thing as all those cards for roughly the same manna elevation. H is he better than as Zouri. He regenerates himself. He only he only costs three though he gives you instead of overrun, he gives you overwhelming stampede, which could be better, especially because he's got three power himself. But essentially he's similar enough to be under the same umbrella. And if you want redundancy at that effect, which you probably do in your elf ball deck, especially if you're in a meta that doesn't like to run tutors, and probably it's going to be in your black green elf ball deck. And if you're not running vampireic and demonic tutor in those decks. You want a third or fourth or fifth or sixth version of pay, you know, five or nine manna to give my guys plus ten plus ten and win the game. I think that's the evaluation. I don't think that this guy is going to be the guy that replaces any current Elf commander.
Speaker 1: No, so this guy's a ninety nine er correct. Let's talk about valgav I've tried to say this name is so many Valgavath, terror eater. He is the house, he is the plane.
Speaker 2: He's bringing the house.
Speaker 1: He's a nine to nine for nine black black black six elder demon. Is he one of the Liliana's demon things? I don't know, doesn't matter, flying lifelink wards sacrifice three non land permanence. So the odds are unless somebody sweeps him up in a wrath of God, he's gonna hang around forever once you're resolved. This card is so good if a card would go into your opponent's graveyard from anywhere.
Speaker 2: I believe opponent's graveyard fromnywhere.
Speaker 1: Anywhere you exile it instead.
Speaker 2: That's lay line of black Void, Lay line of the void.
Speaker 1: Then during your turns, you can cast any cards exiled with him by paying life instead of its manocost.
Speaker 2: So that's bulls. This card's good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this is a good card.
Speaker 2: Cost nine mana, I can get past that, though.
Speaker 1: You can definitely just put it into your bind and then reanimate it. Then it costs one.
Speaker 2: Manna I will and you take nine. But he gots lifely but.
Speaker 1: Costs one.
Speaker 2: Uh yeah, So I can get this guy on turn two and fuck you. I can.
Speaker 1: I can.
Speaker 3: Tutor them in black, I can play the big black mana package. I can exile your stuff, which is already powerful. People are playing lay lines right and I can play your stuff. I can, Oh, man, this card. This guy fucks he's.
Speaker 1: Very very good. He's there's a card in Dungeons and Dragons that had like a just a a con contortion. You have to like be a contortionist to squeeze yourself through all the hoops that he demanded for you to do this exact thing, except this one. Also that you play the spells for essentially free.
Speaker 3: This guy's going in Demon decks. This guy going to Liliana decks. This guy's going in shadow Born Apostles decks. Yeah, this guy's going in big black decks. This guy's going in elder decks.
Speaker 2: We've got lots of those.
Speaker 1: Now, it goes in every deck that cares about playing your opponent's stuff instead of yours. Yeah right, this is a really good card and appropriately costed to not be super broken. But we'll find a way of breaking it.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, yeah, black finds a way. That's what it does.
Speaker 1: That's it. That's a cool card though. I like that one.
Speaker 2: Okay, let's shift gears Victor Valgevoth's senshal Man.
Speaker 1: This card sucks. It can fuck What is this?
Speaker 3: What is the point of this card? Whenever an enchantment you control enters or whenever you fully unlock a room, surveil too. If it's the first time, this ability resolves. If it's the second time you opponent discards a card each opponent. Now, if it's the third time, get.
Speaker 2: A creature from a graveyard onto the battlefield.
Speaker 1: How when am I gonna unlock three doors?
Speaker 2: When am I gonna get re enchantments? Like maybe, Okay, it's got white in it.
Speaker 3: If I replenish, if I'm if I'm going out and spending one hundred dollars on a replenish just to make this guy maybe good serviceable after I mill myself.
Speaker 2: So what the fuck is this card?
Speaker 1: Because you're not gonna rely on your own creatures. You can't really rely on having a bunch of enchantments come into play because you can't even play the lady that makes the shark tokens because she's blue, right, Like, this guy sucks. This guy sucks. Cam Let's move on to the you know what, these last two suck too. We did it again. We're ending on cards that s no no.
Speaker 2: I like Winter mya zanthropic.
Speaker 1: Guidance, misanthropic guy. Like for your fellow humans, that's like a It's like being taciturn you just you don't like people.
Speaker 3: I like this one. This is junnd and one for a human warlock Ward two. At the beginning of your upkeep, each player draws two.
Speaker 2: So we've seen that before on font of Meto's kind of sort of So we've got that and it's got delar I am your favorite.
Speaker 1: As long as there are four or more card.
Speaker 3: Types among cards in your graveyard, each opponent's maximum hand size is equal to seven minus the number of those cards. So it's going to count card types in your graveyard. Sound familiar. We just did the DESA Tarmagwif deck on that and I think this goes in that deck. And I think that you could do the commander swap with the DESA makes Tarmagwif tokens, and this because it cares about card types in your graveyard. And if you want to play aggro and be on the offensive, make tarmagwives. If you want to do the gun thing and get value and make your opponents discard and keep their hands full and empty at the same time, you switch to this commander, And I think that gives decks kind of another dynamic. And I love when people play those kinds of decks where oh I want this today and I'm gonna swap the command. I like those commander swap decks.
Speaker 1: I'm just picturing the arguments they're gonna happen. Happen around casual tables, around this and reliquary tower. Yes, your hand size is reduced by four, yeah, but I don't have a I have an unlimited hand size. Well, when did you play that land? When did I play with? Oh my god?
Speaker 2: How does that work?
Speaker 1: Which everyone comes in second matters huh yeah, really yeah, are you sure? Yep? I guess. Let us know in the comments. Is that how that works? Yep, that seems too easy. I know, I know, I know, zimonal questioning, man, fuck this card, Fuck this card, man. And here's why. Here's why. I mean. I'm gonna look like a dope right now, but I don't care. I don't care. I'm gonna bring Gary down with me. Hey, Gary, what's a prime number? If it didn't come through on the microphone, he said, optimism, which is also correct, which is also correct. But here's the thing. When I asked Sam, hey, what's a prime number? Off the top of her head, she didn't know.
Speaker 3: It's a number that's only divisible by one in itself to give you the answer of one.
Speaker 1: Yes, that is what a prime number is. Oh, now you know. So what are all the prime numbers? Without looking at the card?
Speaker 3: One, three, seven, eleven, what are all the prime numbers up to? Mathematicians don't know what all the prime numbers are.
Speaker 1: Up to, Like a reasonable number of prime.
Speaker 2: Number numbers that we would see in a magic game.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, hold on, without without without looking, get the card at the beginning of your no, no, I'm going to read it at the beginning of your ENDTEP. If a land entered the battlefleet under your control, this turn, you create a zero zero with a prime number of plus one plus one counters on it, right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's legendary.
Speaker 3: Two three, seven, eleven, seventeen, I don't fucking know, twenty seven, bust out the Calgary one own baby oh nineteen seventeen, thirteen, twenty three, twenty nine, and thirty one oh twenty seven is divisible by three or nine?
Speaker 1: Yeah, sure, yeah, yeah, And you don't need to go up past that because.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're probably not gonna have more than thirty one lands.
Speaker 1: Yeah though I might you could, but probably not. This one.
Speaker 3: We're gonna see it in SIMI bullshit, and it's gonna be the bullshittiest deck.
Speaker 1: Oh, it's gonna be so fucking stupid. And here's the thing you're gonna play. If you play it too early as a commander, you're gonna get it too too that nobody's ever gonna block ever, because then you can't get the other one. I guess you can. You just kill it. But it's stupid. This is a stupid card and I hate it. It requires you to know, Like I'm not gonna say high end math stuff, but like you have to be able to like do math in your head. How many fucking lands do I have? I hate stuff like that. Oh man, I do not like that.
Speaker 3: Okay, not well, zimone can fuck off for stay because we have an episode to do tomorrow and you can tune back in right here on I guess whatever platform you listen on, YouTube or podcast.
Speaker 2: Big thanks to editor Joe for putting up with us.
Speaker 3: Big thanks to Fusion Gaming online dot com.
Speaker 2: If you want to pick up any of the.
Speaker 3: Cards we talked about today, c CEO Summer Promo code is gonna get you a discount CEO perks if it's your first time, you're spending over one hundred Canadian dollars and both of those let Fusion know that their partnership with CEO is a good one, and then you're a good person for using the code.
Speaker 1: We gotta fly in here. I'm gonna name it.
Speaker 3: Zimone, zomone, the prime number fly Okay, any final thought of the day?
Speaker 2: Final nor in you're building Norton.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna build, Nor are you gonna you got anything? Send me?
Speaker 3: Send me a mind Skinner deck I wanna, I wanna explore that Commander in.
Speaker 1: Depth, Mind Skinner, Big Beat. Send them along. That's what we're kind of asking for. If you have deck list, keep in coming. We're gonna review and we're gonna talk about some of them, not tomorrow, but maybe on a future episode of Commander Cookout podcast. In are things