Speaker 1: Cooper Flag is going to be a Dallas Maverick. They are not going to entertain trade offers. They're going to draft their guy, one of the biggest prospects to come out I don't know, and a decade maybe, I mean just a can't miss number one pick. And the MAVs moved up from the eleventh pick, and they won the lottery. They had the number one overall pick and a huge draft where a SuperStar's coming out, very very exciting stuff for a team that had a free fall from making it to the finals, traded their fan base his favorite player, and suddenly things are looking bright again. Just a miraculous turn of events. We'll get back into the Cooper Flag pick coming up here in just a matter of moments.
Speaker 2: But right now it's time for.
Speaker 3: This, guys. Let's go to Kevin.
Speaker 4: And now for the latest in crime. Serial killers, cold cases, cult leaders, and blood. You know him, you fear him. It's time for true crime KT.
Speaker 5: Kevin, what's your question for oday?
Speaker 6: I have any questions for oj many You remember a couple months ago we just discus that a firing squad execution was set to take place in South Carolina.
Speaker 3: Yes, and when that story happened, You guys are like, what.
Speaker 7: I don't and I don't remember when was the last time we had firing squads, like seventies.
Speaker 6: I know we discussed it when we did this story three months ago, but I don't know that I don't remember that.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I think it happened in the seventies.
Speaker 3: We had one last month and uh, pretty hot. It didn't go great.
Speaker 6: Yep, here's what happens with these firing squad executions. They also they have people there, local news or the Associated Press are there to cover it as a witness reporter.
Speaker 7: Oh do they still blindfold the guy and put a lit cigarette in his mouth?
Speaker 3: No, they don't, don't like back in the day.
Speaker 5: It's hard.
Speaker 7: Look, I realized that this that we're talking about the death of a person, But this is so archaic and cave man ish.
Speaker 5: I can't help but like laugh about this.
Speaker 1: What else would they do? They electrocute them, or they do legal injection. Yeah, we've had some failures that lately too. I mean, we saw the Green Mile. You saw that somebody could make sure that the sponge and wet.
Speaker 5: Never saw the green mile.
Speaker 6: Go ahead.
Speaker 3: Give a weekend to it.
Speaker 5: It's take always does Walt Goggins die in that?
Speaker 6: Okay, no different one. This lotus a TV show different than the movie.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that is the most shocking thing I've ever heard you say.
Speaker 6: What Like Jurassic Park is a big one too, But the Green Mile, I.
Speaker 3: Just actually not surprised that he hasn't seen.
Speaker 5: So yeah, I was like, all another Tom Hanks lib movie.
Speaker 6: I'm good, Sorry, No, you're good. How many people do you guys think was on the firing squad six?
Speaker 1: I think the more the better, because the thing is, you don't want anyone to know they're the one who for sure shot him, or that they're going to.
Speaker 2: You want a bunch of people to shoot at the guy.
Speaker 1: They don't care though, and then it's fires blanks and then they're like.
Speaker 2: I don't know, did I get him? Did you get them? I don't know, I don't know. We had blanks. One guy had a real bullet.
Speaker 3: Give him mind. This guy did kill an off duty police officer long ago.
Speaker 7: Yeah, it's I mean, it's something bad happened to siputate the firing squad?
Speaker 2: Is there a spot they're supposed to hit him? Like right the four.
Speaker 7: And you know, like in the early days of firing squad. They had to adjust this because originally they all got in a circle around the guy and that did not end well.
Speaker 5: I would.
Speaker 1: Say it'd be better if there was more. So, if you had at least six, I think it'd be better. They had three. They only had three.
Speaker 3: Oh no, a good shot.
Speaker 5: Was it three people that had fired a gun before? It's three people?
Speaker 6: And his legal team has fouled a complaint because a forensic pathologist has viewed the autopsy, the photographs, and they've determined that only two bullets hit him, So one guy just missed.
Speaker 2: Wait everyone had the bullets. Also, wait, everyone had bullets. No one had blanks.
Speaker 3: Yeah, everyone had bullets.
Speaker 2: Sh my god, I thought you weren't. I thought it was like certain guys had blanks.
Speaker 3: What's a blank.
Speaker 2: It's a fake bullet, So you don't know if you're the one who kills or not.
Speaker 3: Supposed to destroy, like destroy the guy.
Speaker 2: I think.
Speaker 6: Then also, they missed his heart largely. Two of them hit, so he kills over he's groaning and the reporter from the Associated Press that he's there just groaning for like two minutes after he got hit because they missed his heart.
Speaker 2: Maybe he shouldn't have murdered a guy.
Speaker 6: Well a long time ago though, but still a cruel punishment was something we don't do.
Speaker 2: I don't care he killed the guy.
Speaker 5: Why wouldn't they walk up and shoot him some more? Like you know what I'm saying, like, what what? What are the rules here? What are we trying to achieve?
Speaker 2: This?
Speaker 6: Forensic pathologist said, quote did one member of the execution team miss him entirely?
Speaker 3: Did they not fire at all?
Speaker 5: How did the two who did shoot him miss his heart?
Speaker 1: Like?
Speaker 3: How does that happen? Did the one guy buckle under pressure?
Speaker 5: You know, he starts contemplating everything like I.
Speaker 3: Don't want to kill him.
Speaker 5: Man, I don't want to kill him.
Speaker 6: Man.
Speaker 5: Was he was he cuffed or did he was he able to run around?
Speaker 2: Run around?
Speaker 6: God?
Speaker 2: Who cares? Why would anyone? Like? I hope nobody?
Speaker 1: Because it's inhumane, But it's also in humane to murder a police officer.
Speaker 2: Maybe don't do that now.
Speaker 5: I agree with all that.
Speaker 6: I I the cop was not a cop at the time, he was off duty. To me, he's his other PERSONA.
Speaker 5: I don't know about that.
Speaker 7: Take to me, death penalty and abortion in these things they're very difficult things to I know some people have very strong beliefs and they think they're right no matter what, and that's fine too, but these are not easy answers to me. I get, I get I'm rational, Bill on these things.
Speaker 2: I get it.
Speaker 7: They're very tricky and confusing, and I get it. And I don't really know a good way for an execution to happen. Otherwise we wouldn't be going back to a firing squad. It is so happening like on a remote part of Cuba with Castro watching, like it just seems so other century, you know.
Speaker 6: Yeah, well that's the lightest turn I could take on a very dark story. Good job, Kevin, that's my question for j. All Right, there he goes Kevin K T. Turner with the true crime KT coming up next around the sports. Let's get back into the MAVs getting the number one pick. This is just over three minutes away. Don't go nowhere,