Speaker 1: What we're doing is we're going in there under the guy's liberation or American freedom, which I'm still trying to figure out. How does that American freedom if you would, But then it's welfare in the sense of like, okay, we just supposedly I say this with air quotz cleaned house or put our friendly ruler in there, and then we prop them up with US taxpayer money.
Speaker 2: You're listening to Carrie Letz's Financial Survival Network, where you get valuable information you just can't find anywhere else to thrive in today's trying times. You need the Financial Survival Network now more than ever. Go to Financial Survivalnetwork dot com and get your free newsletter and gift. Financial Survival Network now more than.
Speaker 3: Ever, and welcome. This is Financial Survival Network. I'm your host, Carrie Letz and got a special guest for you today. Hey Andy Millette. Andy, I just came across recently. Our paths should have crossed many years before, but you know that is life.
Speaker 4: Andy.
Speaker 3: You have been a commodities broker, a trader in the nineties, great reputation there. You built natural resource stocks to deliver in depth value driven analysis, a lot of info that you can't get elsewhere your podcast up there in the stratosphere. I'm really thrilled to have you on the show. Background wise, you're pretty much impeccable looking at the financial house of cards that we're confronted with. Now, what is the biggest thing that you're concerned with right now?
Speaker 1: Yeah, great question, Thank you. I'm very happy to be here. You know, there's a lot of concerns, but I would say probably more than likely in inflation. Runaway Inflation's probably my biggest concern because I think what's going to happen is it's just very inevitable that they have to print money, meaning the government serves the central banks from amrale the world to prop up the system. So if you were to put a you know which you are just asking me, what's my number one concern, it wo'd be runaway inflation.
Speaker 3: So yeah, it reminds me there was a commercial from McDonald's I think it was in the eighties and.
Speaker 4: This kid goes to.
Speaker 3: Father daddy, what's inflation And he goes, son, that's when the price of everything goes up and your daddy's pay stays the same. And I have searched andy for that commercial on the internet, scoured every archive. The only thing I haven't done is gone to the actual Museum of Advertising in New York to find it because it's a classic.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you're into Austrian economics. I am.
Speaker 3: We always knew that inflation was going to come backing back with a vengeance. We didn't know from pandemics, we didn't know from you know, wars or whatever. But the most inflationary event on the planet is a war, right.
Speaker 1: Right, Well, that would be really my second biggest concern, and you can even put it at my first. It's just really all of these wars that are happening all across the world and really, and I should I should rephrase that the worlds that the wars that we are involved in or that we're starting, that is a huge concern to mine. And it's just like, what are we doing? And what I think is what's going on is just a big money laundering scheme really for a bunch of other garcic elites here in the US. So and then it comes back as inflationary if you would, as you alluded to.
Speaker 3: So I'm writing a book right now, and I've written four books in the past year, and this one is going to be.
Speaker 4: Entitled war really is a rack.
Speaker 3: Taking a judge, General Smedley Butler's a common reframe war as a racket because I'm tracing corruption in World War two. Never been a book written about all the defense contractors that got rich, all of the fact that, like my father was a hump pilot flew over the Himalayas from India to China shipping materials, and that half of them wound up on the black market. And nobody talks about this. War is the most profitable endeavor on the planet for a few, and like Smedley Butler says, it's profits the few, but it's paid for by the many in blood and treasure. And that's why these wars go on. There's no other reason. It's like, yeah, these tribal things. Everybody's hated everybody since the beginning of time. We've always been fighting. Now war has become an economic system, the welfare warfare state, right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I would agree with you on that, And that's exactly what it is. It's a welfare state in the sense of I see it as what we're doing is we're going in there under the guy's liberation or American freedom which I'm still trying to figure out. How does that American freedom, if you would, But then it's welfare in the sense of like, okay, we just supposedly I say this with air quod's cleaned house, or put our friendly ruler in there, and then we prop them up with US taxpayer money and our companies, if you went US domestic companies get all the contracts to rebuild the country, if you would. So it's absolutely racket and a corporate welfare, if you went in country welfare all by the US taxmaker. It's not only is it evil because it's killing people, but it's just destroying, if you would, cultures, destroying countries, and it's because of really just at the whim of really the profit for a few Elepe few Elipe people.
Speaker 3: So yeah, the whole group of them, the deep state, the deep.
Speaker 4: State, it was called that absolutely.
Speaker 3: So I had a client when I was an attorney. I think it was on one fifty or one sixty Broadway. On the ground floor of that building was Brown Brothers, Harryman.
Speaker 4: And Tweed I think was the name of it.
Speaker 3: That was the bank of the Deep State in the late eighteen hundreds up to World War one. Prescott Bush was a partner in Brown Brothers Harryman. Yes, and he was also a director of the Union Bank, which was seized by the government in nineteen forty two for trading with the enemy. So it's a game, it's a scam and it profits. Hey, but Boeing loves it, Raytheon loves it. All the defense contractors love it. In World War two, like you know, GM was making tanks and Ford was making you know whatever. Like when you get into a war economy, everything else takes a back seat. Consumers people, it's all about total war. And man, it's just the biggest scam here ever. And I don't blame you for being concerned, but and this is parasitic behavior too. It's the parasite there living off of us the host, right, Yeah, no, And I think.
Speaker 1: That's exactly that's a great way of looking at it actually, and it's it's and it's not so much of a concern. And maybe I should be about total annihilation because that would that would destroy the profit. Right, So what you need is a war. So it's something that drags on continually, continually, continually, so you're always at war. And so that's really my concern really again inflation and war, just a continual war, always going being at war. And it's not only the profit motive and the economics of it, it's just so messed up, but also just the destruction of again going back to just destruction of life. And if you speak out about war unpatriotic, you're somehow you're going to get a label of something about, yeah, not being for the servicemen, not being for the country or whatever, when the reality is, I'm from a military family. I didn't serve in the military, but only the brothers did. And you know what they did, tours in Iraq and Afghanistan, and you know what they are against war to war there against war, So.
Speaker 3: Which we all should be, like we said, it serves the a few, you know, at the expense of the many. So what do you think people should be doing. What should you be doing to protect your wealth, to ensure against the inflation, obviously precious metals, cryptos. What's your take?
Speaker 4: Yeah, well, let me take.
Speaker 1: Even a step back a little further than that. I had Gerald Cialente on my show probably three months ago, four months ago, and I asked him the question what should you do? And you made a great insight that I've stuck with me, and it's the first thing I think you need to do is take care of your your and this is I take this from him. Take care of your soul and take care of your body, meaning just live a good, righteous life. That's the first thing we all can do. And the second thing is just make sure you're healthy, because if you're not healthy and your mind and your spirit's not right, nothing really else is going to matter. And you can't really accomplish anything or do anything. You can't defend yourself or protect yourself or your family. So I think you need to start there. The next thing I think you should do is and not that I disagree with a lot of people I have on but I am not a person that just goes all physical gold medal and you know, you know, dig a hole on the ground and store it. I'm not that person. I'm not actually on the spectrum of doom and gloom. I'm not as doom and gloom as a lot of my friends, and they are my front. But I do think you need to have at least five to ten percent of your wealth and physical and then I would not put that in your house for safety reasons. You can either put in a safety deposit box or I think in my talk with you last time, you had a great idea in a casino, and I thought, it is anudiable that does a great idea. I thought, but I think five to ten percent. Now that being said, I would literally have five to ten percent, I'd have forty to fifty percent of your wealth, your entire wealth in precious metals. That could be that could be physical, but it can also be the different ETF instruments if you would that are out there, it could be. Uh, there's a lot of things out there. Do your own, dude diligence. And I get that from the year was about two thousand and seven and I launched a hedge fund and we had with a partner, I mean, he's my current portfolio manager. And we had one investor is one of the richest families in Georgia, and we made him a portfolio. We constructed a portfolio. We stress tested it. Monte Carlos stress tested it, which is a gain, you know, stress which you play odds, you know, and really we took a very defensive posture and it's like worst case scenario is what happens best case scenario is what happens, and what led us to our defensiveness was really about fifty percent in gold. But again we had, Yeah, we not only had, but that meant physical, that meant the different ETFs that were available at the time. It also meant stocks, if you would. And he took the same He took his portfolio or his money if you would, the Goldman Sacks as well, and they came up with the portfolio, and he divided his money in half. He gave half to Goldman Sacks and half to us, if you would, And that's how I launched my flot Yeah, and we beat Goldman Sacks and we were safer. We were safer.
Speaker 4: Agility was better, much better.
Speaker 1: Sharp ratios was a much better. And it was because we were parked in gold. Again, half of our half of his wealth or what he gave to us. Yeah, and this be municipal bonds. We also had some bonds if you would, short term treasuries, which I'd also wouldn't. I would I recommend if they're short term, if you would, we had some cash and we had, you know, just a typical lotment. But you know, he was so impressed with that, and no in fact, and just because of results fast forward to today, I would do the same, very similar kind of portfolio where you have half of your wealth in gold.
Speaker 4: That's just me.
Speaker 1: It can be less than that, obviously, but and I would have at least five to ten percent in physical And that five to ten percent in physical is if things were to hit the fan, if it goes south really really quick, which I'm not predicting, but you have to look at it. That is a possibility. If you wig you got it, you're going to have one to have access to that. So that's what I would do.
Speaker 3: Absolutely No. I couldn't agree with you more. Been always been a big fan of gold, precious metal silver. I like silver better than gold. Right now, what's your take? Do you think we're going to get a silver short squeeze?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: No, so I guess you have to look at silver. Yes, I do think we're going to get that, but you have to look at why do you like it more? If you're looking at just stability and not having the volatility, I like gold more. Just again, gold is boring if you are if you look at upside, I'd love silver. I like love silver significantly more than I do gold. And I think it will outperform. Now the issue with silver is again you have to stomach the volatility as well as let's say we don't get a short squeeze, right, you know, within the near future, which I do think we will. But let's say we don't, Gold will more than likely still be outperforming silver if you would so, again, looking at just possibilities, the whole spectrum to answer your question, really just depends on the person. But if I'm looking at upside silver, celia like a lot more than gold. If I'm looking at stability and usability, I'd like go more.
Speaker 3: Okay, cryptocurrency I called them in the past kleptocurrencies, but I've come around on bitcoin honestly.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So, yes, I am a believer. I am in that camp, but I don't own any. Just to be full disclosure, And actually, Carrie, when I talked to you last you got me thinking more about it, and it wasn't and I mean this with all due respect to you, it wasn't anything different. It just made me think about stuff that I already was reading and knew if you would, so, to answer your question, I do like crypto. I don't see it ever going away if it's me, I'm just sticking with the big two, Bitcoin and ethereum.
Speaker 4: It doesn't mean they're aren't any.
Speaker 1: Points out there. I as the wild West, which is you know, that's fine too, But I just can make a call on one coin or the other. I for myself, and I'm not an investor, I would just stick with bitcoin and e theory in myself. But yes, so I am, yeah.
Speaker 3: Because yeah, I'm just going to say the reason why I feel like you're better off sticking with those two and particularly bitcoin Bitcoin, they're just not making any more of it, and the eventually it's digital gold, it's it's going to go astronomical.
Speaker 4: It already has you know, a million times.
Speaker 3: Your initial ten cent investment gives you one hundred and fifteen thousand dollars right now.
Speaker 4: That's actually more than that.
Speaker 3: That's actually one million, one hundred fifty thousand times your original ten cent investment. But it could easily go ten x one hundred x thousand x. There's nothing to pop it. And that's why if you had one hundred dollars in your pocket right now, if I had one hundred dollars, I can't give advice to the general public. Because God forbid I should do that, They'll come break down my door and I'll be banned from everything. I'll be deep platformed for life. But if I had one hundred bucks, I put fifty into a roll of silver and fifty into a bitcoin and wait ten years and maybe not have a teugh to ever work again after that ten years.
Speaker 4: Andy, Yeah, no, I don't.
Speaker 1: I would say, I wouldn't disagree with you. You know, that's exactly, That's exactly. And the thing is is, let's say if you play that out game that out Let's say, and I don't believe this is going to happen, Let's say Bitcoin does go to zero. Well, silver, you have a hard like you have a physical physical asset. You're going to make that up with silver if you would. Now, let's say you hit it on both, which is highly highly probable. You, as you said, you'll more than likely never have to work again in ten years.
Speaker 4: So I would agree with you.
Speaker 3: Yep, yep, for sure, because the last ten years have been in a lot of ups and downs and metals but and it's been ups and downs in bitcoin. Two.
Speaker 4: You know you have to buckle your seatbelt.
Speaker 3: You could lose eighty percent of the value of your coins literally in a week or two. But I think that type of downward volatility. Look, they can still manipulate it through the ETFs. That's what they did last week. They got it under one hundred and fifteen thousand by triggering an outflow on the bitcoin ETFs is manufactured. At the same time, the whales, the big people are still buying. You know, you're probably better better at observing that than me, But that's my take.
Speaker 1: No, I would agree, Yeah, No, I think you hit it on the head. And you could say the same thing about silver. They'll manipulate the silver etops and the gold etops to trigger a bunch of cells.
Speaker 4: To yeah did it to last? Great?
Speaker 1: You actually get it down.
Speaker 4: So they did the headfake.
Speaker 3: Two days before Options X, they knocked silver down a buck, but they let it stay just over thirty eight Was it thirty seven.
Speaker 4: Seven?
Speaker 3: Do just let it stay over thirty seven just to throw the throw the option holders a bone a nominal profit. And then two days after then they so it was like right, it was at thirty nine and change, they knocked it down to thirty eight ten, which makes it almost the wash for the option holders and then two days later they got it down to like just under thirty seven, and that didn't hold at all. It's showing some real strength here.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it really is.
Speaker 1: And I think you know, I've been watching this. I've been watching golden silver markets for thirty plus years now, but recently I've never seen and what I mean since I would say the past six to twelve months, I've never seen this amount of strength in the markets, and especially in the futures markets, so which is surprising, especially the gold So every team, the single time it gets hammered, it gets bought up, and it's it's a really nice dead countbat dead cat bounce.
Speaker 4: So yeah, exactly.
Speaker 3: All right, Andy, just tell us where we find you, how we connect with you on X and social media and all that good stuff.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: No, you can find my website natural resource stocks dot net. We have a YouTube channel, natural Resource Stocks. You can also find me at the Andy Malett on X and feel free to reach out to me. Come by the site or you can. All my contact information is there and I'm more than happy to converse.
Speaker 3: With yet excellent Matt. Thanks good connecting with you again. Andy got in questions for Andy myself Klatcarrie lets dot com. You'll find a link to Andy's site in the show notes to this interview on Financial Survival Network dot com. And all we ask is if you go to the site, please sign up for your free newsletter, as over seventy thousand of you are actively subscribed. As we speak, Andy a Pleasure, We'll talk to you again real soon.
Speaker 1: Pleasure is online carry looking forward to beyond again.
Speaker 2: Thanks for listening to Carrie Letz's Financial Survival Network, your solution to today's trying times. For the latest, go to Financial Survivalnetwork dot com. Financial Survival Network now more than ever,