Speaker 1: Johnson Quax Program with Fiber McGhee and Molly, the makers of Johnson Tax and Johnson's new water repellents. Glow Code presents Sipper McGee and Malley with Bill Thompson, Gail Gordon nottaqu Brian Dick LaGrand and me Harlow Wilcox. The script is by Don Quinn and Phil Leslie. Music by The Kingsman and Billy Mills Orchestra. Tonight, I'd like to make one thing clear to everybody. There is only one glow coat. It's the water repellent new glow coat that's on your dealer's shelves right now. There's been no change in the familiar glow Code container. But wait till you find out about the wonderful change inside. Worry. It is a wonderful thing to be able to cover your floors with a self polishing floor wax that is positively water repellent. Now, a big thing from your standpoint is that it'll last so much longer without losing its smooth, lustrous shine. Water that's dripped or stilled on it can be wiped right off without leaving an ugly streak or spot. You can damp up glow coat protected floors, over and over without killing the protection or the shine. You'll get more for your money now in Johnson's Glowcoat than ever before. More beauty, more protection, more freedom from four care drudgery. Guaranteed the most economical self polishing wax you can buy. Its protective shine lasts up to four times longer. Get water repellent new glow coat tomorrow. In sixteen forty nine, a Dutchman named Rembrandt took some oils, some brushes, some canvas, and some talent and turned out a lot of masterpieces. In nineteen forty nine, and a fellow in Wistful Vista got out the card table, loaded it down with art materials, and started to make his own Christmas cards. The sound of the gong was so we could avoid mentioning the two artists in the same break, because one of them is mister McGhee, a FIVV McGhee and Mauie.
Speaker 2: Old boy.
Speaker 3: I sure wish I'd have thought of this before, Molly. Look at the money I'd have saved if I'd have made my own Christmas cards every year. Oh this look kittle my first one?
Speaker 4: Let me see, hmm? Very interested?
Speaker 3: Too bad?
Speaker 4: He had to still that big blobber red paint all over it.
Speaker 3: What do you mean, big blobber red paint? That's Sandy Claus.
Speaker 4: It is versus beers.
Speaker 3: That's the whole idea of the card. He ain't got any beard, Sandy Claus with no beer. Why, certainly he's just coming out of the barbershop versus He was going to say, Saint Nicholas.
Speaker 4: Had his beard cut off as up on.
Speaker 3: The roof his reindeer's trample, because how can a guy with whiskers on show? Little shaver is a good example. Oh shucks, I got a million ideas as good as that, or better.
Speaker 4: Well, I should hope. So huh among you many good ideas?
Speaker 5: Have you got one about how to get that India ink out of the rug?
Speaker 3: Oh? I'll clean up here when I get through. I ain't quite used to handling all this stuff, but I'll learn to see, I'll learn, my gosh. I'll bet Somerset Mogham didn't learn to paint overnight either.
Speaker 4: Somerset mom is a is a novelist. There he not a fager?
Speaker 3: Oh he gave it up. Huh he couldn't stand the gaff. Hey, well, I'll believe me. I'm staying right with it. I got tenacity, I got grit, I got perseverance.
Speaker 4: You have something else too, I have Yes, you have a jar blue paint dripping into your lap.
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh, I must have tripped it over with my elbow. Yes, there shucks, that was my only jar of blue paint. I'll have to paint the rest of the reindeer with brown eyes.
Speaker 4: You've been painting reindeer with blue eyes?
Speaker 3: Why not?
Speaker 4: A good question for all I know?
Speaker 3: Reindeer?
Speaker 4: Come in? Oh, she's on in the mayor McGee, come in, mister mayor, Thank.
Speaker 1: You, Molly, Hello mcgheela trev. You must be having a circus with those watercolors. You certainly look like a clown.
Speaker 3: If you're referring to the pigment so plentifully permeating my pretty puss political it is purely a product from my poster paints, my peculiar pictorial proclivities.
Speaker 4: Are you through, dear you?
Speaker 5: Or shall I open up another can of peas?
Speaker 3: Andrew? No, kidd latrev. This artwork is a great little hobby. It gets your mind off of things.
Speaker 2: I didn't know you ever had yours on any thing. But I agree that a hobby is a fine thing.
Speaker 1: My secretary collects stamps.
Speaker 4: Has she a valuable collection, mister.
Speaker 2: Mayor, she must have.
Speaker 1: I buy about fifty dollars worth a week, and I can never find one around the office.
Speaker 2: I think she must be papering a bedroom with them. If she doesn't like the.
Speaker 1: Results, she can always mail the house to some relative.
Speaker 3: I come buy my artistic kind of natural. It's hereditory. My uncle Sycamore was an artist.
Speaker 1: Uncle Sycamore, you had an interesting family tree. Ah, yes, a squirrels idea of heaven. I imagine.
Speaker 4: I know your uncle Sycamore was an artist. McGee, part razor, landscape.
Speaker 3: Mail pots, tobacco painted on barns, fences and silos. You got any hobbiesful truth? Yes?
Speaker 2: She sells.
Speaker 5: Oh you mean sea shells, don't you, your honor?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 1: No, My housekeeper is always selling raffle tickets for something, and I have to buy whatever she sells.
Speaker 3: He's gone interesting. Sometimes if she sells tickets on some seashells.
Speaker 2: Well, anytime she sells seashells, she will sell the seashells to somebody else, because if she sees that she can sell me seashells. She will sell this.
Speaker 1: M matter your honor, I'll have to change the subject. My bridge work is coming loose anyway, I have to be going. I can find my way up. Molly don't probably.
Speaker 4: Don't know me or nothing nor.
Speaker 1: Knows me off the fly and she wore a yellow ribbons.
Speaker 6: The times so the super smoo.
Speaker 2: Level.
Speaker 4: How much longer are those Christmas cards gonna take me? The way?
Speaker 5: The page is thrown around, and here it looks like Sherwin had a fight with Williams, My dear girl.
Speaker 3: A true artist is not concerned with such trivial things one one is creating. One thinks only of putting one's best work into one's work. You've seen the pot of glue.
Speaker 4: Yes, you're putting your best elbow in it.
Speaker 3: Yes, I thought that a while ago, but I thought it was just the red paint. Hey, look at this card I just designed for more Toopes not only wishes him and Merry Christmas, but carries a thoughtful little message too.
Speaker 4: Something sentimental. I suppose, like go board your head.
Speaker 3: Here it is picture of a fish. You see, fish is swimming through a sprig of missiletoe.
Speaker 4: A fish and missiletoe.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the verse says, I hope the fish I hear by show recalls the fin I loaned you last July. And no he swims through mistletoe. I ain't gonna kiss that fin. Goodbye, Merry Christmas.
Speaker 1: You like it?
Speaker 4: Well?
Speaker 5: Five dollars is always a nice touch if you can't get ten.
Speaker 7: But that's what I said, you tell me him.
Speaker 3: Oh, it's only from the Elks Club.
Speaker 8: Come in, boy, Hello, messes, hallo McGhee, what's the mess matches?
Speaker 4: Well himself here is making his own Christmas cards. Heaven help me.
Speaker 3: Yep, personalized, handmade Christmas cards.
Speaker 8: Only.
Speaker 3: None of that run of the mill stuff for me this year. I painted every one of these babies with my own hands.
Speaker 8: Maybe they wouldn't look so messy if you paint them rid of grosch meghee.
Speaker 4: Well he did use a brush, only he means it.
Speaker 3: Hey, I might not do so bad withs just my bare hands. At Yeah, Olie, you've heard of finger painting, haven't you? Oh sure, My daughter.
Speaker 8: Christina, she makes good money that finger painting.
Speaker 3: Yeah, what does she paint?
Speaker 1: Go to her finger paint her paint We give fee she paints fingers. Of course, she, she said, lady cures, you mean a man of cures oly.
Speaker 8: Me and the message fee don't black Christina holding hands with the men she used paints fingers.
Speaker 6: On ladies, have you done any of Christmas shopping yet?
Speaker 3: Holy?
Speaker 4: And say what are you going to give your wife this year?
Speaker 8: Ben Man Messus is always a problem every year for Christmas. She wants something sensible, but I wanted to give her foolishness.
Speaker 3: And you're right, boy, you are right. That's what Christmas is for sure.
Speaker 8: But this year, though, she changes.
Speaker 3: Yeah, this time she wants foolishness too, hope and such foolishness.
Speaker 4: Oh what does she want?
Speaker 5: Ely a diamond necklace?
Speaker 3: Or mean?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 8: She dbs hints by the kids so that they say, this year, Mama, for Christmas.
Speaker 3: I dyed the rabbit.
Speaker 4: Whoa Now a dyed rabbit is very nice?
Speaker 8: I think, yeah, sure, I'm made to you with the pet shop.
Speaker 4: Of course rabbit did dies.
Speaker 9: I give it to my message.
Speaker 4: We stopping to say hello.
Speaker 2: We be so good byes.
Speaker 3: It's a good thing. I keep on talking while I'm working, or working while I'm talking, or I'll never get any I got some beautiful cards here, Molly. They weren't so messy. How you take this one for the mayor for instance, kind of a symbolic card. See you get at the picture of the pork barrel with a hand in it.
Speaker 7: That's lovely.
Speaker 4: That's about as subtle as a black jack.
Speaker 3: I didn't realize I was so loaded with ideas, so productive, so.
Speaker 4: Specific not specific theory.
Speaker 8: You mean proliffic Oh I do eh.
Speaker 3: I'm afraid you're thinking of that stale movie at the Bees you, my dear, the one with the ad claims it's colossal. It's stupendous.
Speaker 2: It's prolific.
Speaker 4: That's terrific. McGee.
Speaker 3: Thanks. I think it's a nice card myself. It's got that certain something.
Speaker 1: That you can't Hello, Molly, I come in high a pout.
Speaker 5: Mister Wilcock. Welcome to the McGee Greeting Card and house Wrecking Company.
Speaker 3: Pull up a chairit, junior, if you can find one without any pain on it.
Speaker 4: And watch it.
Speaker 3: Julius at work.
Speaker 1: Thank you.
Speaker 2: How I'll stand.
Speaker 1: Hey, this is very interesting stuff to me, kid. I used to work in a greeting card place. You know.
Speaker 4: I didn't know that, mister Wilcox.
Speaker 1: Uh, I design Christmas cards modernistic stuff.
Speaker 3: You mean modernistic stuff like a picture of a fried egg draped over a half moon under a watch with a woman's face with roller skates for ears, and it says onions are for love. I mean that stuff.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, I was kind of a dilly dally. Oh matter of fact, I designed a beautiful card for myself this morning, kid, Really, mister Wilcock, Sure, I just flanked the card with a lot of colors, you see. Then I drew a picture of Sata Claus carrying an umbrella and a rubber band.
Speaker 3: Looks terrific. That's supposed to mean something?
Speaker 1: Why, certainly, pal Look take the colors on the card, you see, they simply stand for the colors. The Johnson self Polishing blow code restores to your worn and fade.
Speaker 3: In the novel A Dirty Wasteless Steak.
Speaker 1: Then the umbrella, the umbrella that means the new blowcoat is water repellent. Yes, their this great view discovery. Johnson's new self polishing water repellent glow coat is the one floor wax at last that does not smear and showed drab dull spots when you wipe up still things with a damp claw or mop it with a damp mop.
Speaker 4: Yes, and you have no idea what that means to a housewife like myself, mister Wilcoin.
Speaker 3: The heck he don't now you hush megee?
Speaker 5: You know I don't have to wax my floors nearly as often with the new glow coat since it's water repellent.
Speaker 1: That's right, Polly, Because when you mop up dirt and still things, you don't mop up the wax. It stays on and it stays bright even after repeated moppings. That's why I drew the rubber band on my card, because your work is a snap when you use the new water repell and hey, pal, cow the Santa Claus. It's me the way I look to a housewife when she learns how much work she says with Johnson's new water repelling glocals because it lasts so much long.
Speaker 9: Hey, hey, hey, hey look waxy.
Speaker 3: Yes, pal, how long did you work in that Christmas card place?
Speaker 1: About nine and a half? Pal? Huh? The fellow who owned the place made a crack about my drawings that I didn't like.
Speaker 3: So I left, Oh, independently, What do you say to you?
Speaker 1: Will? Coxy said, you're a fire? Why left like this?
Speaker 5: Kid, sensitive kid, Look, sweetheart, why don't you give up designing Christmas cards too? If mister Wilcox could do what you can do it, just say to yourself, I can give it up.
Speaker 4: I will give it up. What are you doing with the yardstick?
Speaker 3: Tinn a draw a picture of the shawl persia with no curves, just angles. You know it's just an experiment, But why no curves? Well, I know I can't draw a straight line with a ruler, so I want to see if I could draw a ruler with a straight line. If you see, my dear win an artist, hold it, you'll hold it.
Speaker 4: Come in, Oh McGee, it's doctor Gamble, Hello doctor.
Speaker 3: Hllright Tonselbergler, Hello Molly, Good day to you, smear face.
Speaker 9: What are you doing dying Easter eggs?
Speaker 5: He's standing his own Christmas cards this year, doctor, this year. It seems like this has been going on for three hundred years.
Speaker 3: Pull up your stomach and sit down, micro Berchant. You're looking at whistle Vista's answer to Courier in Hives.
Speaker 8: Well, I couldn't think of a nastier answer.
Speaker 3: Thank you, doctor, Thank you. Praise from you is praise, indeed, Well.
Speaker 5: I must have missed the line. Someplace could give the boy credit for effort.
Speaker 4: Doctor, you have to admit he's trying.
Speaker 3: Admit it.
Speaker 4: I accuse him of it.
Speaker 3: He's very trying. Oh my god, you guys gotta have hobby, has he what's your hobby? Needlework? Roll up your sleeve and I'll show you nothing doing. You get under my skin without any extra equipment.
Speaker 4: What are you staring at my vest for?
Speaker 3: Just noticing how full it is? Stuffy?
Speaker 4: Can't button the bottom button anymore?
Speaker 1: Can you? Well?
Speaker 10: He is?
Speaker 3: I get hungry. I exercise a lot, Doc, A guy that exercise.
Speaker 5: Yes he does, Doctor, He exercises harder with a knife and fork than.
Speaker 4: Anybody I know.
Speaker 9: Well, looking at you, Goonsborough and your little round hand painted tummy has inspired me to a little Christmas poem myself. Yeah, maybe you can use it on one of your cards.
Speaker 3: See you made one up just sitting here.
Speaker 8: Let's hear it, Doc, Oh yes, let's all right.
Speaker 4: Christmas is a time of cheer.
Speaker 9: To think of the colorful friends we've got, like little buckle Buster. Here he is the rainbow at the end of the pot.
Speaker 1: Along the Kingsman and Little Teenie tell the story of Rudolph the red nose Reindeer. This is the story of a reindeer, a super extra ordinary reindeer.
Speaker 3: You must potter rein there ought to be or he had one peculiarity.
Speaker 6: Go on, Geennie, do tell okay I.
Speaker 4: Tom Rudolph the red knock Reindeer.
Speaker 11: Try a very shiny now and if you ever saw it, you would even say it blows all of the how the reindeers you saw us and call him names. They re Rudolph join any reindeer games on one FUNDI dre.
Speaker 4: Then he cried without a light.
Speaker 8: Old saintan Nick can't ride tonight.
Speaker 11: You've been along team Rudo, got.
Speaker 4: The gouty goudy through the stormy.
Speaker 11: Lady him lady now so.
Speaker 8: Fine, Santa Claus, shout it Rudo.
Speaker 6: Please guide us on our way, and the reindeer.
Speaker 4: Shout it, Ludy come along well if you.
Speaker 6: Play so dasher and dancer and prancer and viction and common in cupid and door and listen a way. Don't say hey, Rudolph, the read those reindeer y long time there used to be eight reindeer.
Speaker 4: Now always will be.
Speaker 8: Don't you worry if you should see stormy weather on Christmas Eve.
Speaker 6: Sadawell find his way to you.
Speaker 11: Ludy, you clip with ray, got you.
Speaker 7: Run off the red don't reindeer?
Speaker 4: Well think along.
Speaker 6: Everybody in that rain, Rudolf, Yes.
Speaker 5: Well, McGee, you're certainly making the shambles of this living room, chains an ink all over everything. What don't you give it up?
Speaker 1: My dear?
Speaker 3: Did Da Vinci give up? Did Piscassio give up? Did Summerset Mogam give up?
Speaker 4: I told you before Summerset Morgan is not an artist. He's an author.
Speaker 3: He's an author. I am an author and artist who wrote that wonderful little Christmas verse. Twas the night before Christmas, and all through the house we could smell Uncle Dennis. He was such an old southee who wrote that I did five years ago. That was a night Uncle Dennis came home.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 4: Now, now look at this card.
Speaker 3: I designed.
Speaker 5: It, but she drew the figure too large. The hands in the feature cleared off the page.
Speaker 3: I know I've done that on purpose. This one is for old McDonald at the Third National Bank.
Speaker 4: But why did you make the picture so out of proportion?
Speaker 3: I wanted him to see how it feels to be overdrawn.
Speaker 4: Now, dearie, look how many cards have you finished? Well?
Speaker 3: As soon as I finished this one and two more, I'll have three. It's kind of discouraging, is that. But it's going smooth, and now I'm getting the next.
Speaker 4: Call McGee, watch it there goes see ankle. I'll do come thing, sweetheart. Don't just sit there and watch it. Four rock onto the floor.
Speaker 3: It ain't going on to the floor's running down my pants into my shoes. All I gotta do is sit here to La drives and then I can go up more. Oh, dear, come in had daughter he journey. Oh hi, old timer?
Speaker 8: What are you making the Christmas cards for Christmas?
Speaker 3: By the way, I'm laying eggs with him. I think i'll use them for Easter.
Speaker 4: Where's your your friend Bessie mis ye, old timer, isn't she with you?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: No, daughter, Bessie's working down at the carnival. Me and her had a little fallen.
Speaker 3: Out, had a fight, eh, nope, falling.
Speaker 1: Out out of the top sheet of the ferris wheel.
Speaker 4: Heavenly days was Bessie badly her?
Speaker 1: No, she was delighted daughter. She fell with a face in the cotton candy and they gave her a job as a bearded lady. Eh, Bessie's this sweet kid.
Speaker 2: No, anyway, I ain't gonna have a.
Speaker 3: Lot of fun on the carnival in my long time. I was throwing darts at some balloons, and a that lady walked past.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Sure, Bessie and me went the hall of mirrors.
Speaker 4: All that hall of mirror pucked off. Things can do to your shape.
Speaker 1: You said it, daughter, Bessie never looked better.
Speaker 3: I never quite understood, old Teimer. Is is Bessie a daughter of the old South or just an old daughter of the South?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 4: Legee? See where did you ever meet her? Anyway, mister old timer?
Speaker 1: Well, daughter, I was judge in the beauty contest down in Possum Chokey, Alabama, and Bessy wanted hands down.
Speaker 3: Hands down.
Speaker 1: Eh, she was scared to raise them the elastic and her bathing suit Bloomers was busted.
Speaker 4: Well what was the contest?
Speaker 1: Oh? Bunch of players was voting on the sugar they'd most like to raise Caine with. They named her Miss Blackstrap of nineteen fourteen. It's definitely Johnny that there painting of yours reminds me Bessie's Papa was a painter.
Speaker 4: He was good one too.
Speaker 8: Heard about the one painting he's.
Speaker 1: Done of the whole family stare around a bat full of moonshine?
Speaker 4: Sounds very effective. What did he call it?
Speaker 1: Still alive? Well, I gotta get down the carnival to see Bessie kids.
Speaker 7: So let's see love derry huh.
Speaker 4: Let's call this whole Christmas card thing off?
Speaker 1: Shall we?
Speaker 4: You're ruining your clothes and the living room is a side.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I know, kidd I know, I've been kind of clumsy at it, but I'm getting the neck of it. None. What's that noise?
Speaker 5: Sounds like something happen me days, grabbed the gloomy gates running off the table.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, I got it. Oh what a mess. And look it went all over all all the cards I have done, Dead Rat, the dead Brother, They're all right.
Speaker 4: Year old Deer, come in time, mister I miss my gee.
Speaker 3: Oh, just run along with you. I'm in enough trouble now.
Speaker 4: Don't take it out on teen I ain't.
Speaker 3: Taking it out on teeny just because I'm make an unholy mess out of trying to make my own Christmas cards.
Speaker 11: I guess if you make your own Christmas cards. You don't want to see these, said mischief.
Speaker 3: So I'll just hey, hey, hey, wait a minute, what was that you said?
Speaker 2: Who you.
Speaker 3: Gues now about?
Speaker 4: I don't want to see those?
Speaker 1: That's what I saw.
Speaker 11: In introduce some ten centimes that I was trying to sell so I could make some money for Christmas. But well, if you make your own, I.
Speaker 3: Guess you got Christmas cards for sale? Come here, kid, I want to kiss you.
Speaker 4: Oh so many kids? You want to buy? Miski?
Speaker 5: How many?
Speaker 3: How many you got?
Speaker 4: Says about thirty?
Speaker 3: I bet you about thirty.
Speaker 2: Uh, I'll buy all of 'em.
Speaker 4: Oh, I'll kiss you.
Speaker 3: Oh right, says there, I'll give me the cards, and i'll give you the dough.
Speaker 1: Boy.
Speaker 3: Are these beautiful?
Speaker 2: Look at 'em?
Speaker 3: Molly lovely, so colorful? Such clever versus m alcome in commercial companies turn out such beautiful stuff? So cheap? Here, says here's three bucks and thank you every soone?
Speaker 11: H what's the matter, well, masy, mischief, hony, I guess i'd better tell you. The reason they're so cheap is they've been used. Yeah, and the ones that I got riding on 'em. You don't have to ray m If you need any money, let me know are attic.
Speaker 4: Is just full of 'em.
Speaker 3: So long master, Hey, hey, Molly, hand me what's left to the glue.
Speaker 4: What are you gonna do with it?
Speaker 3: Drink it? I've been stuck every other way. Might as well go the whole hat.
Speaker 1: Never Molly return in a moment. Let me remind you again there is now a self polishing floor wax that is positively water repellent. It's Johnson's new glow Coat. That means long wearing protection for your floors, freedom from ugly spots or drab streaks caused by water still things, muddy footprints, melted snow whist right off that hard glow Cote surface. Glow coat stays on, stays bright even after repeated damp moppings. And this wonderful new water repellent quality means that Glowcot's protective shine lasts up to four times longer. That's why glow Cote is guaranteed to be the most economical self polishing wax you can buy. So tomorrow, get the smooth, spreading, self shining floorax that's positively water repellent. No change in the glow coat package. Remember what a wonderful difference inside. Ask for the new water repellent glow coat tomorrow.
Speaker 5: Well, McGee, what are you gonna do for Christmas cards next year? Make your own again?
Speaker 3: Well, I ain't the type guy that gives up easy to see. I'm strictly the type guy that he makes up his mind to do something and I do it. So about December first next year, I'm going to the art store, buy a lot of paint and cardboard and brushes. Oh no, not that, and paint a big sign for the front door welcome Christmas card sales.
Speaker 4: No, yeah, a good night off.
Speaker 1: The bakers of Johnson's Wax and Johnson's New water Repellent glow Coat Racing Wisconsin at Brantford, Canada, bring you for the mcgame, Molly this week at this time. Be with us again next tuesdaynight walk you.
Speaker 10: Here's a time saving way to keep your furniture sparkling clean and shining bright with almost no effort. Tomorrow, start using Johnson's Cream Wax, the fastest wax furniture polish money can buy. Johnson's Cream Wax clean so quickly, dries so quickly, polishes so quickly that using it is almost as.
Speaker 3: Easy as dusting. A few strokes of a cloth do the cleaning.
Speaker 10: A few more Polish your furniture to a Saffhne smoothness and this wax contains no sticky oils to catch dust. Tomorrow start using the fastest wax furniture polished money can buy.
Speaker 3: Get Johnson's Cream wax.
Speaker 1: At your Dealey's.
Speaker 10: Stay tuned for Big Town coming to you next on NBC
Speaker 3: BO