Speaker 1: Km I Am sixty You're listening to Later with Moe Kelly on demand on the iHeartRadio app. I used to listen to twol albums, including the debut album, which was a short one. When I was reading an English class in high school, we were allowed to listen to music, and that's what I listened to. And then it had a hidden track. That's cool. Remember the hidden tracks you used to have on CDs. Yeah, it wasn't it's not on the track list, but the last song would show up in your CD player and it would say that this song is you know, eighteen minutes long. The song would play and it would only be four and a half minutes, and then there would just be like silence.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because part of it was when when they would advertise it, you wouldn't know it was even there, and then you just kind of let it run.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and then there it was, and there's a there's an extra song on there. It's yep. It's a little like a like a secret menu that they have at restaurants, right, yeah, like got what is it? In and out? Like in and out secret? Ma, that's it. So they were they did that on their albums. I like that Chris Maryland from O Kelly k if. I am six forty listening anytime on demand on the iHeartRadio app. All right, Ronerd, there's no business like I'm not doing it. I'm not doing it. You know, you can forget it. You need for that, you don't have to do it. Okay, I'll just tell you there's no business like show business. There you go. All right? So, if I were to ask you to name one of the top ten grossing films of twenty twenty four that was not a sequel, could you do it? Top ten grossing films twenty twenty four, Just name one that is not a sequel?
Speaker 3: Well, does Wicked count as a sequel? Or is it just fan fiction?
Speaker 1: So it's funny you say that, because that's some are saying that's the only one that is not a sequel.
Speaker 2: Because it's technically a prequel. If I'm not.
Speaker 1: Mowing you on. Yeah, it's kind of the origin story of the of the Glen of the Goodwitch, and then we could Witch the West. Yeah, but I feel like that's a sequel because prequels come out after the original, don't they. I Mean, nobody looks at Star Wars, the Phantom Menace and thinks, oh, that's actually before a new hope.
Speaker 3: If Star Wars, the Fan of Menace actually was the first movie we wouldn't have had a series.
Speaker 1: You're exactly right. You are so right about this guy suck. That was one of the best lightsaber battles. Oh my god, I think me and Mark go on, I want to see this. No, I'm just saying disagree.
Speaker 2: I think on almost every single movie ever because he'll like trash and I'll tell him it's trash and he's like, no, it's the best thing.
Speaker 1: Every sound like too, I like your imitation of me. That's really wait, hold on, it's so once upon time in Hollywood.
Speaker 2: I love Brad Pitt and he's so great.
Speaker 1: And you know, they do these stories that go nowhere and you don't thing about Leonardo DiCaprio's. He actually did a he did a very independent film that it was a half silent film that a lot of people haven't seen. And it was interesting because he also played the organ for the silent film music.
Speaker 3: People don't know that is that still supposed to be me? A plus? Both of you. Nice word.
Speaker 1: I was. I was a little blown away when I looked at the top ten movies, and they were all sequels except Wicked, which I say is a sequel, and you know, I get there to argue, yeah, technically, yeah, I guess it is. I think it is. Some people are saying it's not. I don't care. But Beetlejuice the sequel number ten. Then I'm the Last Dance, which my understand I didn't see it, but I heard that movie was terrible. Is that is that what you heard as well? The Juice Mark and mow and to Walla said it sucks no losses. I don't think any of us saw the third one. The first one was so bad. I wasn't gonna watch any other. Okay, thank you, because I thought the first I thought, you guys are trying too hard with these jokes. We're really hard, really trying. And I like Tom Hardy too, so it was glad they were able to find an audience.
Speaker 2: But that's the bummer, is that he's such a good actor, but that I guess that just did not bode well for him.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, the movie's made money, and yeah, Tom Hardy is terrific, so throw some of that Marvel dough at him.
Speaker 1: But I'm not gonna watch it. Yeah, that's fine. Kung Fu Panda was eight. Godzilla, Godzilla X Call Godzilla times Cang Godzilla box co. We went to that as it didn't we all go to that. We sure did stay awake through that one.
Speaker 2: I stayed awake for okay, But yeah, that's that's funny. That's on the best.
Speaker 3: The plats I remember were just imbecilic.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's when I think I saw, like, if I stay at a hotel, it'll be on you know, HBO or something, and I'm like, oh, I haven't seen this.
Speaker 2: That's that's either either or an airplane movie or if you're like nine years old all day.
Speaker 1: Okay, yep, Yeah, airplane movie. That's a good one. I'm gonna see airplane movie. Yeah, Wicked, which I haven't seen, but by all accounts I heard it was very good and.
Speaker 3: It's almost three hours.
Speaker 1: So this is my issue. Same thing with Doune. Dune was number five on the list. Three hours is too much of a commitment for me. So I did see Dune on an airplane coincidentally, but I don't think of it as as an airplane movie, like, oh, I would only watch it if I were on an airplane. But I was on a three and a half hour flight and I went, Okay, now I can watch a three hour movie. I just can't do if it's more than two hours. It just feels like a real commitment to me. Yeah, I just can't do it. Blame it on TikTok for shortening my attention span, but I just can't. Well.
Speaker 3: Part two is every bit as exciting as Dune Part one.
Speaker 1: Oh that's it with doone too. It's moves so slowly.
Speaker 2: Oh and gee, you know what's funny. Even the trailer is like, Okay, let's get to the point. Yeah, it's only two minutes, and I even halfway through, I'm like, come on, can we get to the you know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the v it point here.
Speaker 3: Well, my question about Dune is that do you think that it's the same kind of thing as the Tolken Lord of the Rings Hobbit stuff, which is do you have to have read the book to really be into it? Because I've tried and I just can't get into Dune.
Speaker 1: I think so. I think so. Now. I tried to watch what was it? The original night? Was it? Nineteen eighty four? The David Lynch one? Yeah, yeah, and I I didn't get through that either. I was much younger. I probably have more patience now, but I couldn't get through that either. I just like, this is trash. Well, the thing about the David Lynch Dune, which I did see is that it's so weird and it's such a David Lynch movie.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'll give that one a shot. But these Denis Villeneuve ones that are.
Speaker 1: Yeah snooze fest. Yeah, and again I think I watched that. I mean I was six when that original Dune came out, so I think I probably watched it when I was like. I tried to watch it when I was about sixteen, and I was like, this is boring, So I should probably go back to that one. Malana two was number four. The other a sequel, dispay Me, what I thought was movie the year Deadpool Wolverine was number two, and then inside Out was the big movie last year, Deadpool Mover Wolverine. I did go to the theater, and uh So, if I have one criticism of that, it's that I felt like the jokes were too topical. Does that make sense? I suppose yeah, they were. They were very much of today. You don't know how well it's going to hold up for Deadpool. Yeah, you know they're making jokes about Disney and and uh and and the contracts with Marvel and the.
Speaker 3: Stuff they got away with. That was astonishing to me.
Speaker 2: No, that's that's a good point though, because I I we all collectively loved it and how much they trashed the companies that they were part of Fox and Yeah, yeah it was so it was so well done. But you're right, fast forward ten years, it's not going to make anything.
Speaker 1: We're not gonna remember any of that. Yeah. So that's that's why if I had one criticism of that, like the jokes were great point. Great point.
Speaker 3: Also in ten years, it's not going to seem enough. Oh that might be, that's yeah.
Speaker 1: But I love the gratuitous violent, the over the top violence. I think I've said this before. I can't do torture stuff, but I love things like Quentin Tarantino films. Okay, just obscenely violent where I can suspend my disbelief.
Speaker 2: Okay, quick Tangent and me and producer Matt we're talking and I was like, what, you know what, because we're talking about movies, like what movies do you like? And I just brought up the sawt franchise and he he, he reminds me of myself. We're both kind of chill guys, but we love the Soft franchise. It is so just gory. And I can't stand the sight of blood in real life. Oh but I will, but I will, Yeah, but I will watch that. And the last I don't know if you saw the last one, but the last one was incredible.
Speaker 1: No. I watched the first one, my what, and I was like, Okay, that was a well done movie. It was more of a thriller than a than a gore fest. I mean it wasn't There's a little portady. Second one was definitely way more gory. And my wife made me watch that. She loves that stuff, and I was out. I tapped out after that. I said, forget it. I got Hostile. I couldn't do that one either.
Speaker 2: Maybe well, yeah, I I didn't get in Hostile, but the last one, I will say, yeah, I'll be honest. The last six were like cash grabs y, but the most recent one was really well done.
Speaker 1: So the reason I bring this up is because it looks like twenty twenty five is going to be all about more sequels. I'll tell you about those here in just a second that I did promise I would tell you about a couple of guys who are in trouble for their New Year's Eve coverage because it went off the rails and there's children watching.
Speaker 4: You're listening to Later with Moe Kelly on demand from KFI AM six forty.
Speaker 1: It's nineteen ninety four, yours truly sixteen years old. He's cruising around and nineteen eighty seven Chevy Spectrum. Oh, it's what they called a hot hatch back in the day, four cylinders ninety horse power had a tape deck, and in that tape deck was a tape with a wire sticking out, attached to a Sony discman with up to fifty seconds of skip protection. And in that disc man was Tom Jones's greatest hits. And I was the only sixteen year old listening to Tom Jones while he cruised around the high school parking lot. But I did it, And that's how I know that Tom Jones version of Kiss is way better than Prince's version. I will fight you on it. You are one hundred percent correct. You're the first person to ever agree with me that.
Speaker 2: And I'm not even kidding that riot that that car is badass.
Speaker 3: I remember because I was so jealous.
Speaker 1: I was.
Speaker 2: I was like ten years old and my one of my cousins was like, I don't know, nineteen twenty years old, and he had one of them.
Speaker 1: A Chevy Spectrum. Yeah, and you liked it and it was so well. I was also jealous because he.
Speaker 2: Got to go out and you know, talk to girls and go to clubs and bark all. But I mean he had a red one and it was like the two door.
Speaker 1: Did you ever I a two door hatchback? It was red? And now I grew up in northern Michigan, so I was only my license brought five four or five months and I hit a deer with it. Oh. It crumpled up the hood and my parents were so upset with me. It crumpled up the hood and uh and I had to kind of crushed the hood back down, and then the the lights came up. The headlights got all screwed up, so I filled it up with that that spray foam like you use that windows doors, that yeah, expansion foam that was holding the headlights in. After I got so I had, I got up on top of the car and I just jumped up and down on it until I kind of get the hood so it would latch. Again. What year was it? It was an eighty seven and and uh and what year of what you were were you driving it? Ninety four is when I turned sixteen and I started driving that car. That's also the car that I used when I picked the girl up on a date and then I rolled the car nice.
Speaker 3: Yes, yeah, that's what caused you to roll the car exactly.
Speaker 1: Well, it's the only way I get her on top of me. There it is. I was leaving her house. I told you rep in a rural area. I was leaving her house, and her house was she lived on a farm, and we were driving out around and I was trying to be cool, you know she was. She was like seventeen or eighteen. She was older, you know. So I'm I'm speeding away from the house and I'm going down She says, be careful and is zilly, like, I've driven this one hundred times before. I go down this the dirt road hill that's got a curve at the bottom, and I just started fishtailing and it got loose, uh, and I flipped it over. And my parents were not happy with me for that. Uh. The car rolled over. I stuck my arm out as it was rolling, and it just went up out of side. I didn't roll over on its top. It just went out on the side, on the driver's side. And I reached my arm out as the car was flipping, and I immediately, I remember this very vividly. I thought, oh no, and I tried to pull my arm back in as the car was coming down, and and the a post which is the front of the car door, you know, and the by the front window that came down on my forearm and I just remember watching it come down, thinking it's gonna break my arm, and it rolled onto my arm and then it kind of rocked back and I pulled my arm out. I don't even think I don't think I even had a bruise. I really looked out on that, but sure enough, there was this girl hanging on a seatbelt over the top of me. And we got we got out of the car, and some other people came down in this dirt road and then what are you guys? Okay? Yeah, and they said, well, here, let's help. So they got out and we just pushed it back over and I had a flat tire. I changed the tire and we drove off, and I went home to my house with the girl. And I was supposed to go to the movies with her. And I told my parents and went, oh, no, there's a Well, we don't want you to miss your date. Take your mom's new car. She had a ninety two Taurus. Yeah, that's right, baller six cylinders in it.
Speaker 2: So wait, what were you playing when you rolled up to the girl's house.
Speaker 1: I don't think I was playing Tom Jones at that time, but I don't remember what was But what were you playing? Well, I don't remember what was on the radio. That's a really good question. Okay.
Speaker 2: I thought I had like the cassette or the A track going No, well again, I had the the disc man that had.
Speaker 1: The you know, I had the cord to the tape that went in you know how you play, yeah, yeah, into the tape player. That's how I was playing the disc man. I don't remember what I had in I don't. This is what I'll probably need to be hypnotized to remember.
Speaker 3: That I'm tupac or Yeah, you can never go along with Tom Jones ever. I saw Tom Jones in Vegas a number of years ago, and even as an older man, he was magnificent. I threw my own panties on the stage. Good for you, well done. If you're going to do it, do it for Tom Jones. Speaking of throwing your andy's on the stage.
Speaker 1: If you were at the New Year's Eve celebration and you saw Anderson Cooper and Andy Cohne, I'm gonna tell you there's a fifty to fifty chance my undies are coming off. I'm throwing them at those boys, and I'm I'm straight as an arrow, but i don't care. I love them both. They are quite adorable. And then they got in trouble. Did you see they got in trouble because they they were talking with DJ Diplow. Again, I'm so disconnected. I was, Yeah, I was sixteen listening to Tom Jones. So as you can imagine now that I'm thirty years later, I have no idea. So anyway, they're talking with DJ Diplow and Diplo said something about dropping LSD, and Andy Cohen of course runs with Anderson Cooper has the news chops to go, Okay, we're gonna steer away from this. Andy Cohen has the Entertainment chops to go. I gotta see where this goes. And that's exactly what he did.
Speaker 2: It's the most conventional place that you've John LSD right now.
Speaker 4: Yeah, please, oh my god, hold on, hold on, hold on.
Speaker 1: And Anderson Cooper of course knows it's off the rails, and he just starts giving us that giggle, which I think is adorbs. Please, you're tripping right now, yeah, yep, but it's like a light it's like a light trip, a light trip. It's like a Seth Rogan anytime you talk to him. Kind of tripping right a little bit. So now they're getting in all kinds of trouble. So people are flipping out. Oh oh, it's just how dare you? Fans watching with their families took their outrage to social media. Of course, Yes, let's laugh and giggle and promote drug use on live TV idiotic network, which of course means that they weren't watching the first place, and they just wanted to row temper tantrum another.
Speaker 2: I guess, yeah, that's all right, I go ahead, boosh. So I guess the remote is broken because they can't watch anything, thank you.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Either that or Fox was in a commercial at the time, and they were just changing the channel to see what else was out there. Gone are the days when you could watch this with your family sick another type bro really kids watching and at Anderson Cooper making a fool of himself drinking. Have you watched CNN's coverage of the New Year's Eve? That's kind of their whole thing, another person's I remember a time if someone admitted being on an illegal drug on the air, it would make the interview pretty awkward. Illegal drugs are not a laughing matter, I am oh, which is in my opinion for those who are as clueless as me. Maybe some people find humor in them because they personally don't care about the destruction caused by the drugs. Okay, people, all right, that's right.
Speaker 3: You never saw old did Clark tripping on New Year's Eve?
Speaker 1: No, he had the decency to do it under the desk when nobody was watching. We're gonna go to a commercial. We'll be right back. I'm gonna drink some more children's blood so I can continue to let fifty years younger than I am. Yeah, right, look at all the energy I have. Disclaimer, We have no evidence that Dick Clark ever did cocaine.
Speaker 4: Allegedly you're listening to Later with Moe Kelly on demand from KFI AM sixty.
Speaker 1: Uh. Still cut up before the end of the program. We'll talk about the kids these days. They're not fat, they're big bone. That is still to come. First, about streamer madness, Roder, you and I were talking about the streaming services yesterday or two days ago. Oh it was last year. Yeah, that's what it was. We were discussing this, and I told you, I think the best bang for the buck content wise is Apple TV, and you said, if you get for slow horses alone, it's worth the it's worth the money. And I got to thinking more about that. Ted Lasso, Severance, Silo. These are all great films, are great shows. I love all of these things. And I was looking at the calendar of streaming shows tech Radar, head Out and Apple is prominently featured on a number of those. The Night Agent Season two or I guess seventh season two, excuse me? Seven? Season two Night Agent I think is on Netflix, right, Yeah, that's Netflix. Yeah, I'm so excited for that one. And I haven't seen the first, so I'll have to I'll have to consider that. The studio is coming out. That's an Apple TV Plus show. I haven't I don't know anything about the studio, but tech Reatar says, we're gonna want to see that your Friends and Neighbors again Apple TV Plus. So and I'm still working on Silo season two. I'm gonna watch some more of that. I'm only through the second episode. Oh, I kind of watched that on my own. Oh, it's funny because we were talking about Seth Rogen. That's the studio is starring Seth Rogan. He's on like literally he's on the poster. Okay, so there you take a look at that then, because I'm a I'm a Mythic Quest is another one. If you haven't seen Mythic Quest.
Speaker 2: Oh, I love that because it's so it's I can't think of the word that I want to use. It's not underrated, but it's it's one of those shows where it's like you just can write it off as something else, but it is really really well great.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's so great.
Speaker 2: It's so good and and and and it's not a shock because it's the guy that does it's always Sonny in Philadelphia.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, exactly, uh yeah, Rob McLean Yeah, and Charlie Day, Yes, yes, And then I think Megan Gants as well. She yeah, she's one of the co creators something h Yeah, So I tell you, I think that's Apple TV plus bang for the buck. But Netflix is looking like it's got some good stuff. And I jumped off the Netflix train a while ago because the price has kept going up and I was thinking, Eh, content isn't super and am I really watching it all that much? Now I've been away from it for a year, I'm thinking I got some catching up to do. Ronner your advice, you got to catch ups on the new season of Squid Game.
Speaker 3: It's even better than the first. I think, oh, it's so good.
Speaker 1: I didn't think that was I thought Squid Game the first one was so good. I thought, oh, the sequel is going to ruin it.
Speaker 3: No, I was with you, but I am. I think two episodes from being finished with it, and it's it's even better. Somehow they did an incredible job of Because mo was talking about how the mystery and all of the hype, you know, from the original of the first season, it's like, what are they going to do? They found a great way to narrate what's happening now in a brand new fashion, and it's.
Speaker 1: Fantastic, all right. Yeah, I'm in for that.
Speaker 3: It also, without really hammering you too hard in the face about it, there are quite a number of things in it that you could regard as apt metaphors for stuff going on today. In particular, there are ways that that they vote. If you're not familiar with the show, it's desperate people who go to I Guess It's an Island and they participate in games where if you lose, you die, and in between each game they're allowed to vote whether or not they want to continue. And if you don't see the twenty twenty four election in that, I don't know if you're watching the same show.
Speaker 1: All right. So it's social commentary to go with that very much so. But it's well done, all right. The Disney's Disney's putting out they've got a Daredevil sequel, I Guess Born Again that looks fantastic, And the comic book that it was based on, I think written by Frank Miller, with fantastic art by an artist named David Matsukelly not wait to see that.
Speaker 3: It looks fantastic. Yeah, And Charlie cox is he's so good spetacular Daredevil.
Speaker 1: Who's the set designer on that one? Mark, I like what you did there. I'm immune to your mockery anyway. So that's what we're relating. But a lot of these are things that are well established, and there's season twos that are coming out. I mean we did, we did tell you about a few new ones, but a lot of Season two, Season three is you know, these sequels are mythic West with season four, which comes back to the whole sequel sequels are just bankable, right, which means that the movies that you're going to see this year, We've got twenty eight years Later is coming out sequel Superman Legacy, which is kind of a that's gonna be another reboot, right. I want to see Mark runners report on that.
Speaker 3: Well, you've seen the trailer right where it starts off with Superman falling and he's got his dog and Crypto saves him in the trailer, and everybody loves Crypto. It was a genius move on his part. But I I I'm kind of like skeptics. I just want to wait for Ronner's report. Okay, I think Gun knows what he's doing. He made three good Guardians of the Galaxy movies. His Suicide Squad movie was entertaining, even if it wasn't a classic.
Speaker 1: I trust the guy. What was the one with what was the TV show with John Cena?
Speaker 3: Oh, I can't think of the name.
Speaker 1: I like that one. Yeah, that was very well done too. They were like the pretend superheroes. Damn it, I'm just having a brain issue, blanket, whatever it is. I like James Gunn as a director. I trust his choices, and I am a sucker for Superman origin films. I don't know what it is about the origin stuff. I just love it. Okay, do we just become best friends because I love origins and stories too? Yeah? Definitely too good.
Speaker 3: Really yeah, But at this point, when the character has been around what eighty or ninety years, do you need to know Superman's original.
Speaker 1: You just want to see they take? Yeah, I just want to see the take. I love the I love the Christopher Reeve Superman one. I liked the I liked when Kevin Costner was playing his his farmer Dad and was it the was it Brian Roth or not? The Yeah, the when the Zack Snyder Superman, Yeah, I like that. I like all the origin stuff that that that tickles me. I don't know, maybe you like what you like. I just I just wanted to get on with the story. Like I don't need to see another Batman origin either. Just get right to the action seeing I like the Batman origins too. I'm okay with that. Well, you and Foosh can we're gonna hang out. Yeah, cargo shorts.
Speaker 3: And put the popcorn butt bucket in your lap, you know the trick.
Speaker 1: We'll get out of the covers and we'll have I like it. Gonna get cozy. Hey. Speaking of streaming, you know, I was I was telling you that I felt like the Netflix was starting to get too expensive. But now I'm thinking about I've got uh, I got all my TV channels on Sling. I might just drop that and go to all the peacemaker, the streams peacemaker. That was it. That was the Yeah, you're on top of it. I like this.
Speaker 3: You got to it before ten o'clock.
Speaker 1: Thanks, good nailed it. It was it was bugging me. I was literally looking this up and I was like, I know what it is, but it's great. Think you nailed it. There you go, all right? So I was so frustrated with Netflix and the prices that were going up. But and again, I don't know. I might get rid of this sling and I might just go to all the streamers. I might get the Disney, Hulu, ESPN, so I can get all that, you know, package together and get my sports and a lot of other stuff. Did you see CNBC has got their streaming package out? Did you see how much you're talking about it costing? No? Did you catch this? No? A regular subscription of CNBC plus fifteen bucks a month. The Pro tier bundles an additional stock ratings and picks, as well as a My Portfolio feature thirty five dollars a month or three hundred dollars a year. And if you're really committed, there's an all access plan that includes participation in an online investment club led by Jim Kramer. That plan is six hundred dollars annually. They're really putting it all out there for the monocle demographic. Aren't takee I got fifty bucks a month for CNBC? I guess they're thinking, oh, yeah, but you know, if you're getting one good stock tip, it pays for itself. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Really, how could you put a price tag on the accuracy of Jim Kramer.
Speaker 1: Thank you. Oh my gosh, fifty bucks a month for CNBC. Yeah, that's a that's a no for me. Dog, that is a nope. Are right, They're not fat, They're just big boned. Stop making gen Z feel bad about themselves. Straight ahead, Chris Maryland from O Kelly.
Speaker 4: You're listening to Later with Moe Kelly on demand from KFI AM six forty.
Speaker 1: One of the New Year's resolutions we all like to make is to lose weight. So a personal journey of mine, I did. I did lose some weight last year. Start of the year. It was over three bills, and I lost a bunch of weight, which is good. Got to the middle of the year and the diet was that was slowing down and uh and so I then transitioned over to the Ozembic. And so I've been doing the Ozmpic since I think August. I haven't lost any more weight. I gotta be straight with you, have not lost any more weight. But I also haven't had all the side effects that everybody else talks about. Everybody talks about how you oh you nausea and all this other thing. I haven't had any of that. But I haven't lost any more weight. I haven't gained any weight. I've been maintaining. It is an expensive way to maintain. Man, is that expensive to maintain? Have you tried that one thing? It's oh, yeah, exercise, No, no, no, I'm glad you mentioned that, because basically I'm like a gen z. Now, yeah, gen zers are just skined the gym. They're just going right to the ozempic. Thirty seven percent of gen zers that were surveyed, according to researchers with the Place You've Never Heard Of called Tebra, plan to add the GLP one medications their wellness strategy the coming year. Women that are leading the charge. Thirty percent are using the GLP one drugs to reach their weight loss goals, compared with twenty percent of menut On average, women are setting more ambitious weight loss targets. They want to shed twenty three pounds. Men are looking to lose nineteen. That's that's an average, it's not an overly specific amount. So I guess what they're saying is, forget the exercise, let's just go straight to the to the drugs. If you're paying for a gym membership and you're not using it, is it really is it really a waste of money if you go to the drugs instead? And I feel like you're saving yourself the hassle of the gym membership.
Speaker 3: Now that you mentioned this, I think I'm going to skip smoking and go straight to nicotine patches.
Speaker 1: That's smart. Yeah, you get all the buzz without any of the lung cancer. Plus gen z is all about a fish.
Speaker 2: See really yeah, you know, because imagine you're, you know, looking at from their eyes. You're paying a membership, You get in your car, you drive to the gym, the time you spend exactly you spend let's just say, forty five minutes at the gym, and you go home.
Speaker 1: You maybe lost a quarter of a pound.
Speaker 2: No, you didn't lose that versus yeah, just injecting yourself before your your daily coffee.
Speaker 1: That makes you hungry like a lot of slow horses like Marcus Gary. Yeah, there it is, lose weight while watching slow horses. Mark, you think about that, brilliant. I wish I'd thought of it.
Speaker 2: Actually, well, I mean you already lost the weight, but to go MoMA has a When I have my own place, I'm going to do this. But he he has this thing where whatever he's binging, He'll put it on and he'll just go on a treadmill and walk. And you know, when you walk, you don't think about like you lose a lot of weight. Right, if you're watching four hours or five hours, five episodes, whatever, you're gonna you're gonna lose some weight because you're just constantly moving and moving and moving like the.
Speaker 1: Batan death March. How much is he doing? He? I mean, listen, I used to do that because I'm like Oprah, I go up and down right. And there was a time that I had I had a recumbent bike in my man cave and I used to sit there and watch I'd watch shows and I just I go, you know what, I'm gonna watch shows and I'm gonna just keep my legs moving while I'm on the bike. And then I would watch football, and I just keep my legs moving while I'm watching football. The problem that I have. And then maybe maybe uh motives and do this, we'll ask him. But the problem I have is I'd become competitive. So even if I'm just thinking, just keep your legs moving while you're watching the game, I still have to beat the time I did yesterday. Oh, competitive with yourself. Yes, I can't. I can't just say. You know, if my pace when I'm at actually working out is I don't know. I'm just gonna make up numbers. The same my pace as uh ten, Okay, you can decide if that's miles per hour, if that's a revolutions permitted, it doesn't matter. It'll same my pace as ten. If I'm watching football and I'm thinking just keep my legs moving and my pace is only five, I feel like I'm somehow cheating myself or I'm losing to what I should be. Oh, I'm lowering my average. I get very competitive with myself, and so I I just I would sit there and watch I'd watch like forty five minutes of a show, and I'm pouring sweat by the time I'm done, because I gotta get my workout. I gotta get this in. And so it so I agree with the tactic. I just mentally I get them my own way.
Speaker 2: You're so you're on the opposite like you. The way Mode does it is he he motivates himself by walking and watching the show. But you you can't do that because you want to go against yourself or not against yourself.
Speaker 1: You want to improve yourself, Yes, yeah, I see, I lose sight of what I'm actually trying to accomplish. I'm terrible, which is why, by the way, you know, we've been fighting obesity in this country for a long time. Come to find out obesity one obesity is a little bit like the war on drugs. We lost. New York Times has an article some doctor's offices the way in is no longer required. It may be a long standing practice, but critics say routine weight measurements are driving some patients away from care. Yes, we've become such a fat country that we will intentionally not go to the doctor because we don't like to hit the scale. You know what. Throw me in that category. I'm definitely in there. When they say step on the scale, I just think, God, this is the worst part of visiting the doctor. And I'm about to have a prostate check. But the way in is the worst part about visiting the doctor. It humbles you in the worst way first. And it's always some it's always some nurse that's judging you well. And it's in kilograms. Oh, I see her seventy eight. What does that even mean? Nobody knows.
Speaker 2: I don't know about you, but like me, I always also feel terrible because the nurse is like half my height, half my weight. They're just these tiny thing Oh yeah, and but then I get down there, it's like four hundred and fifty pounds. It's like, of course she probably weighs one hundred pounds, soaking wet.
Speaker 1: Yeah exactly. She's like, well, this is why no one's dating you. You would crush them. Thank you, thank you very much. Just take my blood pressure. Let me slump off to the corner. You guys are the best, foosh. I love I love hanging out with you. Man. You're just a blast runner, dude. Your death of knowledge impresses me every day. You're one of the greats. And I mean that, Matt, the show was produced magnificently, my friend. You're very good and I love working with you. You guys are the best. Silent and I'm speaking for him. He killed this night. He crushed it. He just crushed it. I'm back Sunday afternoon. Talk to you then, Chris Merril KFI AM six forty Live I Heart Radio app. You've been listening so later with mo Kelly.
Speaker 2: You can always hear us live on KFI AM six forty seven pm to ten pm every Monday through Friday, and anytime on demand on the iHeartRadio app.