Speaker 1: It's night Side with Dan Ray. I'm telling you Leazy Boston's video.
Speaker 2: Well, there was a big phone call today. Well most of you were working from about I guess ten o'clock until eleven thirty. There was a phone call between President Trump and President Vladimir Putin. And there's some things that are coming out of the call. There's apparently there's I can I'll just give you the the White House readout, which obviously is intended to represent the call between the presidents from the most positive light, the White House wrote, Today President Trump and President Putin spoke about the need for peace and a ceasefire in the Ukraine War. Both leaders agreed this conflict needs to end with the lasting peace. They also stressed the need for improved by lateral relations between the US and Russia. The blood and treasure that both Ukraine and Russia have been spending in this war would be better spent on the needs of their people. This conflict should never have started and should have ended long ago with sincere and good faith peace efforts. The leaders agreed that the movement to peace will begin with an energy and infrastructure cease fire, as well as technical negotiations, an implementation of a maritime ceasefire in the Black Sea, full cease fire and permanent peace. These negotiations will begin immediately. In the Middle East, the leaders spoke broadly about the Middle East as a region of potential cooperation to prevent future conflicts. They further discussed the need to stop proliferation of strategic weapons and will engage with others to ensure the broadest possible application. These two leaders shared the view that Iran should never be in a position to destroy Israel. The two leaders agreed that a future with an improved bilateral relationship between the United States in Russia has huge upside. This includes enormous economic deals and geopolitical stability when peace has been achieved. The one other item that came out today a little bit late, which is which again to me is interesting it might be interesting to you, is that apparently in that ninety minutes in which they talked about Ukraine and Iran, and I'm sure they talked about Israel, although again I was not on the call, there's an article here that that suggests that there was a release from the Kremlin, you know, we which summarized topics from a call between the two presidents on Tuesday. I'm reading from Yahoo Sports here. The included a mention of potential hockey matchup between players from the NHL and the KHL, the Russian Hockey League. The KHL is not as good as the NHL. It is. KHL was sort of like it's professional hockey. But it would be interesting. It would be interesting, that's for sure. President per the release. Per the release from the Kremlin, President Trump supported President Putin's suggestion to hold hockey games between NHL and KHL players in both the US and Russia. The NHL responded to news of the phone call with identical statements shared with ESPN and the Athletic We are not a party to those discussions. It would be inappropriate for us to comment at this time. Russian hockey has not competed internationally since February twenty twenty two. Obviously, that is when Russia invaded Ukraine after the International Ice Hockey Federation placed sanctions on the team. When Russia invaded Ukraine. Last month, the IIHF, the International Ice Hockey Federation, extended the band through twenty twenty six, meaning the team. The Russian team will not be allowed to participate in the twenty twenty six Olympics in Milan under the Russian flag. Twenty twenty six is said to be the first time in a decade that NHL players will participate in the Olympics. The NHL broke off their Kahl broke off from the KHL in twenty twenty two, around the same time as the initial sanctions from the IIHF. Prior to the invasion, the NHL was connected to the KHL, with the two even holding a few cross league friendlies in two thousand and eight and twenty ten. I do not remember those. Maybe they were exhibition games and that would that would be the extent of it. But the issue here is this, at least Presidents Trump and Putin talked today. Now, my question to all of you is who do you trust. Some of you are going to tell me you trust Donald Trump. Some will probably tell me they trust Vladimir Putin, and some will probably tell me they trust neither. But I'd love to know who do you trust? Here. There's a lot at sake if somehow, some way, these two men of different backgrounds, maybe similar personalities, arguably can get together and actually bring an end to the conflict in Ukraine, of which Russia is responsible because Russia started this. Okay, If somehow, some way Vladimir Putin can be convinced that it's in his interest now to end this, that would be a great achievement. It would be a great achievement for Ukraine, it would be a great achievement for Russia, be great achievement for both presidents. Now there will be I'm sure, some tough sticking points, and we'll have to see where it goes again. As of now, according to the White House, there is already underway with an energy and infrastructure cease fire. Obviously, we know from the White House meeting of a couple of weeks ago that President Zelensky doesn't trust Putin as far as he could throw him. Whether or not Zelensky's willing to take a chance, that's a huge question. And whether or not Putin is perceiving that Trump is now in his corner as opposed to in Ukraine's corner because of that meeting, that big kerfuffle at the White House. You don't know, but I think it's it's I think it's wonderful, and it's it's it's it's good that they're talking. And I know that some of you are going to say, hey, in a deal between Putin and Trump, Putin will pick his pocket, uh, pick Trump's pockets. I want to hear from you on this, that's all. I think. It's a it's a topic that may never be resolved. Maybe this will will continue until the bitter end of the last soldier dies. I hope not six one seven, two, five, four ten thirty six one seven, nine three one ten thirty. I'd love to hear from you on this one. We'll open up these phone lines. I'd love to talk for a couple of hours about it. If it's a big story, I think it's the biggest story of the day. It is monumentally more important than Karen Reid uh in some of the stories we deal with. It's more monumentally more important with any political race here in Massachusetts. But we talk about political races, and we talk about Karen Reid, we talk about international politics. Sometimes my audience doesn't want to participate. Please feel free to pick up that phone. I'd like to hear what you think. Six one seven, two, five, four ten thirty six one seven, nine three one ten thirty. There are no experts here. We're all individuals on North America's back porch, talking about a big event today which hopefully will result in peace between Russia and Ukraine.
Speaker 1: Back after this, Now back to Dan Ray live from the Window World night Side Studios on WBZ News Radio.
Speaker 2: Okay, so we're looking for your analysis, your thoughts. The fact that Donald Trump and Vladimir Putin are speaking. That's a step, that's a big step, and it's a step in the right direction. Let's start it off with Rashid from Dorchester. Rashid first, this hour on Nightside. I know that you are a Trump fan. I'd love to know what you think might have transpired today.
Speaker 3: I wouldn't say much of a fan. I would say, you know, somebody that supports the president and his policies.
Speaker 2: But fair enough, Okay. I wasn't trying to be a wise guy when I said that. I'm just saying that I.
Speaker 4: Did he go way back. It's all good.
Speaker 3: But you know, I think that we should look at this a little bit deeper than just.
Speaker 2: Trump and Pludin.
Speaker 3: I think, you know, obviously, Dan, I'm a geopolitical guy, and or you're a geopolitical guy. We see what's going on in the Middle East, you know, Israel has reopened up its fronts on Gaza, They're probably going to reopen up its fronts on Hesbola. And you know, the United States is at war right now with the Hoofies, and it seems like a strike on Iran's nuclear facilities is eminent. I think that right now it's in the best interest of President Trump to close this war in Ukraine, because the thinking is this, if we're going to go to war with Iran, whether it's in a few months or a few weeks or a few days, you really don't want the Russians coming in behind Irans. They're gonna be Iran's biggest ally when it comes to providing them supplies, providing the military support, and you know, if you're going to hit Iran, I think that obviously the thinking for the United States is like, Okay, we want to go in there and do this, but we don't want a war with China and Russia. So I think that the whole point why they were probably on the phone for so long is that Trump knows it's like, we gotta close up this front in Ukraine. We cannot have this open. And I think the unfortunate part of this whole situation with Iran is that Houton has a lot of leverage right now because he knows it's like, okay, well, if you guys want to go to a ward for us, when you open up the front with Iran, we're going to go for Eastern Europe and we're gonna supply youran. So I think that's kind of what I think a lot of people are missing regarding this particular topic, and I just wish more people would talk about it.
Speaker 2: Well. I think your phone call is really interesting and I think it may very well be the key to the solution. I believe that Iran is a wild card because Putin you can deal with. He's probably not a good guy. Understand that, we see what he's done with Ukraine. He's not someone who you want to be friends with, but you don't need him as an enemy. And Iran as a theocracy, as a theocracy is a wild card because if the leaders of Iran are willing to see the world blow up because they're going to be, you know, taken to wherever they think is their afterlife, that's that's dangerous. That's very dangerous. It's one thing for Pope Francis to believe that in the Vatican. But the Vatican do they have the Swiss guard that they don't have nuclear weapons. When you have nuclear weapons in control of people who are theocrats, and in the case of Iran, nutty theocrats, nutty theocrats, that's a right. And I think that your analysis is spot on, Rashid, and maybe that is the ultimate clo conflagration that both Trump and Putin want to avoid.
Speaker 4: And look, we probably have Trump then.
Speaker 3: You what I said, I think more so Trump than Putin, because again, if the United States goes to war with Iran, Putin benefits from it because Iran is going to be like like they supplied Iran with all of its anti air defenses that got blown to some of the rings by Israel a few months ago. So I think that like, we don't bet we don't benefit from from from you know, the war if Iran. I mean, obviously we protect Israel, which I think obviously is top priority. But sure Putin has a lot of leverage if we go to war if Iran, because he could jump in on their side, and then we have a bigger problem. And I think Trump that.
Speaker 2: Will be known of the history books, if the history books are still around as World War three. No one wants that, no national person once exactly. Let's see received really a challenging phone call and a good one. Let's see what people have to say. I appreciate your calls about calling as well. Absolutely if you want to react to what Rashid has to say, by the way, uh, to either Wednesday night or Thursday night. I haven't booked this, but we will be talking again with the Israeli console general here in Boston. Uh. Console general, uh uh, the Israeli console General. I'm gonna he's he's reached out to us today and I will get back to him sometime tomorrow and make sure that we get his point of view in front of all of you. Uh as I say, probably I can't. I can't promise you tomorrow night, but I would say, before the week is out, let me put it. Let's put it like that, simple as that. Back on, let me go now to Mark in Mark right.
Speaker 5: Ahead, Hi Dan, thanks for taking my call.
Speaker 2: Welcome.
Speaker 5: Look, I thoroughly agree with PRESIDENTIALISKI that I don't trust Vladimir Putin any more than I can throw him. And if he wore at all trustworthy, he would not have invaded Ukraine in the first place. But Zelenski's doing the absolute best he can. He's like a twenty first century version of Winston Churchill, democratic leader who very capably leads his nation in wartime and anyway, So where do we go from here? I'm glad to see on one of the cable channels that USAID is back in business.
Speaker 2: Okay, we mark, Mark, We don't need I'd like you to focus. If you could, there was a we could talk about USAID another night. Okay. The issue before us is Trump and Putin spent ninety minutes today on the telephone together. I don't know what the Ultimerzel is. I read the readout from the from the White House, which I hope you heard. I read some of the reports that have come out. I was not on the phone call. You weren't on the phone call. Are you optimistic that somehow, between Trump and Putin they can settle this war and and they can get Zolensky to settle the war in Ukraine? That's my focus to my So you're not optimistic, Okay, good, that's fine.
Speaker 5: I'm not. I mean, I think Zelensky has given as much as he can give.
Speaker 2: So how does it end. So then then, in your opinion, if if Zelensky and Putin can't stop this war, okay, or both of them aren't willing to stop this war, how do you think it ends.
Speaker 5: Mark with a grinded out Ukrainian victory.
Speaker 2: Good luck with that, Good luck, good luck with that. I mean, I would love to I would love to believe that, Mark, but I don't. I don't see that are going to pump in everything they can to help Ukraine.
Speaker 5: What needs to happen is we need some humanitarian eight for Ukraine, including mental health, which Zulenski's wife wants as badly as anything.
Speaker 2: Well, we should send a bunch of mental health experts, maybe ten thousand mental health American health take that many. How many would think.
Speaker 4: It would take that many?
Speaker 2: How many? How many would you suggest?
Speaker 5: Maybe one clinical psychologist on loan from mass Mental Okay?
Speaker 2: Well, if that would if that would solve the problem, that's a.
Speaker 5: Brilliant it would help. It would help.
Speaker 2: Well, maybe we get.
Speaker 5: In public policy.
Speaker 2: No, but there are either agreements or there are further hostilities. And I'm hoping for an agreement. And I want to always remain optimistic that the.
Speaker 5: Cry I can cry. But it's much easier to be optimistic about US domestic policy. Quite can to.
Speaker 2: Well, we're not talking to US domestic policy tonight, but I'll thank you for your input and we'll get some of those sociologists and psychologists over there as soon as possible. I'm hoping someone is listening to that suggestion tonight. It's absolutely brilliant, Mark. I appreciate the suggestion and the idea. Have a great night. Good night. We'll take a break here for the ten thirty news. Only if that wall could be solved so simply, it would be wonderful, But the world sometimes is not wonderful. We'll be back on Night's that. I'd love to know what you think. Do you think that Trump and Putin can pull this off. I'm hoping that both of them can see the advantage to pulling this off and in effect giving Piece a chance and further isolating Iran. Maybe Mark's right and it's hopeless, but I'll never think it's hopeless. We're back on Night's Side after this.
Speaker 1: It's Nightside with Dan Ray on Boston's news radio.
Speaker 2: Okay, so we're talking about the possibility of peace in Ukraine. I think it's important. I hope you do as well. You can agree or disagree. I'm just asking you have two individuals who need to convince Zelensky that somehow this has to end. I think it's at I think it's a tall task, but I don't think we give up. I Leen, you are next on nightside. I know that you are an advocate for peace in Ukraine. I lean welcome back.
Speaker 6: Yes, I am give piece a chance. I think this is wonderful news. Ninety minutes on the phone. Yes, let's talk, not fight. And I agree with you.
Speaker 2: I think minutes is a good amount of time. I mean that's you know, if it was a fifteen minute conversation, I'd be a little less optimistic.
Speaker 6: Well exactly. And this is one more great thing that Trumps is doing for our country, and I appreciate his doing this very much. We certainly do not want World War iie, that's a very scary thought. And that's basically all I have to say. I see these pictures coming out of Ukraine, and the destruction of buildings and places where people lived is just so horrible. I mean, how can it just how can it just keep going on?
Speaker 2: And I think that that it's going on for a little over three years now when it's time for it to stop, and absolutely, and the only way it's going to stop is that, you know, Putin has to begin vincetance in his interest to stop as well. That's the other. Yeah, that's the other aspect that we have to think about. That's for sure. Well, Eileen, I agree with you. Give piece a chance. That's pretty good. Let's let's hope keep our fingers crossed. Okay, thanks so much.
Speaker 6: Yeah, okay, thanks Dan, thanks for discussing this.
Speaker 4: Okay, ye, my pleasure.
Speaker 2: Okay, let me go next to ken Is in Waltham, Massachusetts. Ken you are next on Night's side. Do you agree with Eileen? Do you agree with?
Speaker 6: Who?
Speaker 2: Do you agree with? Who do you disagree with?
Speaker 4: Go ahead, kid, I think come closest to Marik. Actually, I think today was a bad day. I think the problem is that we have on one side Putin who's focused on the total capitulation and surrender of Ukraine, and Trump on the other side, who's just trying to win a Nobel Peace Prize.
Speaker 2: And so where do you think this leads? Is what I'm trying to get at.
Speaker 4: Well, I think, yeah, why this is bad? By the way is and the way you're framing it, you know, with Putin and Trump trying to convince Lensky, is it's just another nail in the confin for Ukraine. I mean, it's got to be demoralizing for Ukraine to see Trump and Putin working together. And I thought, you know, when Biden was president, you know, I thought the that the only way this is going to end is you know, a Ukraine surrender or you know, Ukraine can just hold out long enough, so similar to the Russians in Afghanistan, you know, they just eventually back off, you know, either with some percentage of you know, capturing Ukraine or just stacking off altogether. And it may You know, this is I have a very pessimistic and terrible view of what's going on. And I hope I am wrong and you are right.
Speaker 2: You know, I'm not saying I'm right. I'm just saying I'm optimistic.
Speaker 4: That's all right, No, And I hope you're right about your optimism. That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: That's okay. If let me ask you, what would you do if you could wave a magic wand other than you know, saying to that Putin will tomorrow aside to withdraw back to the pre war borders and uh uh, he will give crimea back. And you know, I mean, let's we got to have a little note of realism in here. What what can or cannot be done? In your opinion? How would you approach it?
Speaker 7: What?
Speaker 2: How would you solve the problem? I guess is what I'm asking you.
Speaker 4: So I wouldn't make this as painful as the Russians as possible by supporting Ukraine as much as possible with the Europeans.
Speaker 2: Okay, so let me ask you. Would you put US troops in Ukraine?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 2: No, okay, would you put NATO troops in Ukraine?
Speaker 4: I would not. I would not.
Speaker 2: I mean, so, okay, then explain, explain to me how you would make it painful for the Russians. I'm just looking at what your strategy would be.
Speaker 4: Sure, no, just more weapons. And we have an incredibly passionate Ukrainian country fighting back. It's I mean, it's been incredibly painful for the Russians already for three years. Wouldn't you agree?
Speaker 2: Absolutely? Which is one of the reasons why maybe this is the moment in time when Putin might say, okay, I can take you know, there has to be something in it for Putin, there has to be something in it for Zelensky. If you want to go maximum leverage and go with US troops or NATO troops, we're talking about the potential of World War three. I don't think any of us think That's what I asked you that question because I was just curious how far you were going to go. I want to send them some more weapons. Sure, you'd send them more weapons. At that point, you were putting your money on Ukraine defeating Russia. Do you think that's realistic?
Speaker 4: I think what's the only possibility is, you know, Ukraine holding out long enough and then it's like big enough pain so that Russia will back off. I mean, you know Russia left Afghanistan. They did not you know, Afghanistan didn't win, right, I mean, Russia just eventually left.
Speaker 2: We left Afghanistan as well, we did, all right, And I think that Afghanistan they should have read Rudyard Rudyard Kipling and maybe understood more about Afghanistan. Well, okay, look a different point of view. It's you're not an optimistic point of view, but that's okay. I'm looking for, you know, Joe Biden had what nearly three years, and he he did the best he could, I assume. But how would you what sort of a grade would if you give given Biden on I.
Speaker 4: Think he I thought he did everything he could. I thought he did it right. I thought that was the right approach.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Now I know that there were there were many points along the way where Zelenski wanted more weaponry earlier. I know. So so what what Biden did was Okay, I gave him a little bit. I held back, game a little bit more held back. It was incremental.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean I think there was something to be There was something to be said. I mean, if he gave him too much too soon and Russia just over righteled the country like we thought was going to happen. Now, Russia just captured tons of our weaponry. So I mean, you know, whether he should have done more kind of once it was obvious that Ukraine was holding their own, maybe we should have done more. I don't know.
Speaker 2: I'm sure I appreciate your your suggestions.
Speaker 4: Don't mean the situation, if I can, just the sort of the evidence and having us just recently with you know, when Trump held off on the intelligence and cut off the weaponry. Briefly, right, Putin attacked and then supposedly all these Ukrainian soldiers were surrounded, and Trump said, you know, please don't kill the soldiers, and Putin said, if they unconditioned, lease run or I won't kill them. I mean, I think that's that really demonstrated to me the two sides.
Speaker 2: Okay, well, those those Ukrainian soldiers are not in Ukraine. You know they're in Russia. You don't understand that, right, yeah?
Speaker 4: But independent of that, no, no, well you can't.
Speaker 2: You got to look at the facts. And all I'm just saying is, whenever you're in negotiation with someone, you have to put yourself for the other person's position at some point and say, okay, what what would what would prompt me to do the right thing? What would prompt me to do the wrong thing? And if you're you're Putin here, and all of a sudden he is being challenged by Zelensky in Russia, that raises the stakes for Putin. So yeah, it's kind of there's no easy answer. There's no there's no easy answer. But I appreciate you gave me. You gave me a rational argument, which I enjoyed talking with you. Thank you so much.
Speaker 4: Well, thanks Dan, and I hope I call you in a couple of months and and just acknowledge how wrong where I was.
Speaker 2: Well, you know, look, there's there's no reason to do that. If you want to do that, that's fine. I'm not I had no confidence that we're going to get that Piece is going to break out overnight. But I am honestly happy that Trump and Putin are at least talking to one another at this point.
Speaker 4: The reason I'm saying that is, you know, I want Piece to break out. That's that was nice.
Speaker 2: No, I understand that. No, I understand that you're we just disagreeing on on what's the easiest or the quickest path.
Speaker 4: That's all right, very much, thank you, thanks for doing me all this time. I appreciate it.
Speaker 2: Welcome. Thanks for the call, very substantive phone call. We'll be back on night side six one seven, two, five, four ten thirty. Uh. Actually those lines are all full. If you want to get in, here's a here's a tip. Six one seven, nine three one ten thirty. Coming back on Nightside.
Speaker 1: Now back to Dan Ray Mine from the Window World night Side Studios on w b Z, the news Radio.
Speaker 2: Back we go, We're going to go to Joe and act in Massachusetts. Hey, Joe, how are you? I was in ACT in a few weeks ago with the Children's Museum up there.
Speaker 8: Well pretty good. Yeah. We last talked about the election, and you thought I was going to vote for Biden, but I was going to vote for Kennedy, so I ended up voting for Trump. Anyway, we're talking about Ukraine, okay, and I think there's a lot of history there. I think you know before I told you I was an ex patriot in the seventies, so I know Western Europe pretty well, and back then nobody what.
Speaker 2: You say, just so people, Joe, just so people know, you're not saying you played for the New England Patriots. You're saying you're I lived and lived and worked in Europe. Yeah, yeah, which I came.
Speaker 8: Back from Europe just before the big snowstorm there in seventy eight.
Speaker 2: I guess which country, Joe, did you work in?
Speaker 8: I worked in France and Germany.
Speaker 2: And without being real specific, what type of what were you doing over there?
Speaker 8: I was teaching and I even spent some time trying to study law at German University that didn't work out.
Speaker 2: Too, Well, well, so did you when you say you're an expat. Most people, when they say they're an expat, they will say they're an expac because they have left with no intention to return.
Speaker 8: Doesn't sound like to me, Well, well no, when I didn't have an intention to return until I came back for a long visit and I decided I missed home.
Speaker 2: So good for you. Good for you, So let's talk about let's do it anyway.
Speaker 8: So gatitudes in Europe then, where younger people didn't like the US, and they didn't like the CIA, of course, and they didn't like a lot of things that Trump doesn't like. And I think Putin knows that Trump, you know, wants to de emphasize the big state, the CIA and the intervention in other parts of the world, and that's the thing that a lot of people in Europe didn't like. Now, I don't know, those people got older and some of them are now European politicians, and now you know, they like the US because they're paying for their defense. But meantime, you know, Gorbachev changed everything Glasnost and you know, everything else, and you know what we hoped for, at least as an ex European West.
Speaker 2: Astroika. I should say, go.
Speaker 8: Ahead, Arostroika. Would you know, they're European and Russian somewhat, they're not Chinese, you know, they're European, that they would mix economically, but it didn't happen, and it didn't happen. I think because of our CIA and our deep state that Trump doesn't like and Trump has a chance to really change this country, and that's why I voted for him, and that's why I voted would have voted for Kennedy.
Speaker 2: So it sounds to me like you might be a little more optimistic than some of my callers. Putin and Trump were talking today for ninety.
Speaker 7: Minutes, not necessarily because there's a lot of people in this country that hate Trump, and a lot of the people in the deep State, you.
Speaker 8: Know, they want them to come down, they want them to fall. Now Ukraine's a different issue. You know, historically Ukraine, in the eastern part of Ukraine, it was agricultural. It wasn't very well populated. So once the Revolution in seventeen nineteen seventeen came in, well they repopulated that area with Russian immigrants. Well, the Ukrainians, you know, the western Ukrainians have always disliked the Russians, you know, going back to thirteen hundred, I mean Putin and the interview which I watched with the Tucker Carlson, But I also watched CNN, and I watched Fox, and I watched MSNBC, and I listened to WBZ and everything. Anyway, So Ukraine is kind of a border dispute, especially because of some of the atrocity. There were fourteen thousand people killed in Eastern Ukraine, Russian heritage, Russian cultural people, and there were some other things that happened within the country with some of the military influence. You know, there's some bad Ukrainians too. Now, they didn't invade Russia, so you know, Putin shouldn't have invaded Ukraine. I agree with.
Speaker 2: You're given us a great history lesson. But we're into a fifth minute here and I got hit.
Speaker 8: So what we have to do. I think Trump can pull something off if he can somehow keep the defense industry and the deep state and the CIA types and all those people that are opposed to him, if he can somehow keep them at bay, I think he can pull it off because I think the majority of people in the US are really tired of us being involved all over the world, and I agree with that.
Speaker 2: I agree with that, Joe. I appreciate it very much. Please you gotta call more often. Okay, thank you, Mike, well appreciate it. Let me go next to Tina in Mushaka. Tina, you gotta be quick for me. I'm gonna get you in out of the wire here, go right ahead.
Speaker 9: Yeah, hi Dan. I'm hoping that that mister Poulin and Donald Trump can forge a new Russian American alliance. I don't know, no, no, I don't want to say that Trump Putin does not want peace. I don't believe it. And as far as Zolensky, I think Zelenski just wants to keep fighting. I don't know if he wants peace. But I think that this relationship between Trump and Putin it can be very positive and they really if they can forge this, there can be uh there can we can avoid World War three. And I think these two men have to really work on that, even if Trump has to make some concessions to Putin that Ukraine doesn't like and like. For example, I don't think Ukraine should be part of NATO, and and if and if Russia can keep crimea things like that. Trump is really gonna have to forge that. And these two men, if they can work together, because I don't think Donald Trump really wants to cross I don't think Putin really wants to cross Trump. And I think Donald Trump wants wants he wants Putin, he wants him to save face. So I think if they can forge this alliance, I think that they can do it. I think that Ukraine is going to be the loser in the end, but so be it if it keeps the world stable and free from nuclear war. So I think these two men can go ahead and forge a new alliance that can bring peace. That's what That's what That's what I'm looking for.
Speaker 2: Dan. Okay, Well, thank you Tina. I would I would join you in that hope. I really truly mean that. Thank you so much. As always great to hear your voice. Have a good one, all right to those of you in the line. Well, we'll take this into the next hour. Uh and uh. If not we will, we'll move to a different topic. We had a good hour. I think we get another hour out of this. Trump putin ninety minutes of the phone today. I think that Augus, well, not everyone agrees with me. I want to know what you think. The lines available six one, seven thirty, t one seven nine, three one ten thirty Light them up. See you on the other side of the eleven o'clock News