Speaker 1: You are listening to Video Games to the Max. Hello, and welcome to another edition of Video Games to the Max. I'm your host Sean Garmer. Here with me as usual mister Mark Morrison, and this is episode four and twenty of the episode. Yeah, nothing to do with actual four twenty, but hey we've got here at least, and hey there's still a lot going on with video games releases are still bombarding us here. This week upcoming is going to be another week full of more stuff, including that Call of Duty Black Op six Hitting Game Pass and everything else. I've already had the pre download, so I'm ready to try out the campaign as I try to do sometimes when we can get the game or whatnot. And yeah, we have been playing more games. We got Mark still hammered away at Metaphor and Diablo for Russell Hatred, I've been playing Never and finally got to start the Sounding Hill two remake. So we'll talk more about that. That Nintendo Play to Us thing got leaked that Nintendo didn't want you to leak. Apparently, blueber Team says they are done making shitty games, and they introduced their newest game at the Xbox Partner preview, which we'll also get into some it feels like we haven't had it been like it hasn't been this much with the layoffs recently, but I feel like this week we're back to the layoffs are dominating headlines again and some other things going on in the world of gaming. So we'll try to get to as much of that as possible and more. Oh right, so just to get this out of the way really quick here housekeeping, We do appreciate you whether you watch live, listen later, watch later, however you consume the podcast, thank you for doing so, whether that's on YouTube, Spotify, Apple, Spreaker, all that twitch. That's awesome that you watch or listen to us each week. We do appreciate y'all that have been listening or sorry, watching the clips on whichever platform that you see among We do you appreciate that as well. But if you want to watch live, we do usually do the show on Mondays. Normally I'm doing a little bit earlier than this, but I had some things happened this morning that maybe change my work schuble around, So we're doing a little bit later at seven o'clock here on a Monday. Normally we do it around like four thirty five ish. But yeah, if you want to watch lab, we're all available on twitch, W two network, Facebook, W two network, and also YouTube three time Work. You can also want later on demand as well, and he subscribed to the YouTube channel, which you should. You can watch some of our other stuff. Of course, you're going also listen to that on podcasts if you go search for them. But Otaku Cafe just put out their first fall review episode. They're talking about dragon Ball, Diamond, Dan Dan Dan all the other the ree zero new season, which I've watched both the dragon Ball and Dan Dan Dan and both of them are really good. So I would recommend just off of my viewing both of those if you're looking for stuff to watch for this season. And you've also got the relative broadcasting folks that do all of the entertainment like movie stuff, so I'm sure that they will have their latest review out later today or in the morning on Tuesday. Make sure you go check them out. If you're big on getting the Watson latest movies or keeping up on the latest movies, they pretty much do that each week, so they do a fantastic job, and they do that with TV shows, music stuff like that, so make sure you go check them out to and also want to give a shout out thank you to Jeff Young and Jordan and over at the Analystic Gaming. Jordan was sick and so I had to fill in and co host with Jeff over with the Gaming Mix podcasts. Don't know if that episode is out yet, but once it is, I'll put a link in the description. We talked about some of the things we're going to talk about here on here as well, but if you want to hear me and Jeff talk about it over in the Gaming Mix, getting them a shot to subscribe over there. Jordan does great things with us over there at the Outer Haven, so always happy to help when I can so. But that being said, here, let's get on to the games we've been playing. I guess I'll start here with the newest game from No Mada Studios. Of course, these are the people that made Greed Greece. Whatever the nomenclace you want to use. That game received Game of the Year awards, that and any Game of the Year nominations and and and wins. And honestly, I think I've I'm almost done with it. I'm probably like three fourths the way through. It's something like about five hour five to six hour game. But I feel like it's right up there with Greed deserves all of the critical praise and anyone that it definitely goes into that realm of video games or art kind of thing. What separates this game from Greed, which is mainly because Greed was more of like a solitary experience. You're one character going through something, whereas and it's a lot of puzzles and platforming and stuff like that. There's not there's no combat in that game. Never makes the sort of a too a double feeling experience because you have never the wolf or dog or whatever it is that most likely it's a wolf, but I'm just saying, and you don't even have to have animals, support having kids, having anybody that you pretty much cared about in your life. You can relate to this game in the way that the main character and Never have a relationship, you know, and what you do to protect that relationship throughout the game and throughout the seasons of the game, and how you see never grow and all of that stuff is pretty awesome. And this game does have combat, So it's it's different in Greed in that way because the main character does have a sword, has combat that you have to deal with, so you have your basic like dodge roll button, you know, the sword stab, and then you can also use Never as a weapon as well. So like at first, you kind of starts with like Never being a small cub and so you have to like protect you know, the wolf directly basically the whole time until you get through with that season, and then you see Never grow and then you can then use Never as a weapon itself, and then that kind of continues to like evolve as time goes on how that works, and there's boss battles and different elements of the of the different environments changed with the seasons. There's one in the Fall that just looks like super metal and awesome, and I was just like blown away at some of the background imagery and all of that stuff. There's another one that like you're you're basically doing funeral for the various animals that get overtaken by these like this infestation or whatever, which this game was made largely during COVID, so some of that, like the plague kind of thing is in here because of that and how those the developers had to deal with that time while making the game right as well, but it's it's just such a beautiful game. It's a game that, like I was constantly wanted to take pictures playing it, been posting about it because of how pretty it looks. It's on everything also, so it's not it's not just PlayStation. It's on Switch, it's on Xbox on PC, so you know, buy it anywhere, and it's only twenty bucks. So if you liked Greed at all, which is on PlayStation Plus right now, I'm not sure if it's on I don't think it's on Game Best anymore. But if you have PSCR Plus, you can go try out Greed to kind of get the vibe if you want. It's a similar vibe there. But again, this one has combat and it has the kind of duo nature of the story, So this might be a better fit for those that had to complain about Gree kind of just being a glorified walking simulator or whatever. This one is not that some of the platform being it never really gets hard, I would say, but there are like chase level chase sections where you do have to kind of make sure you're paying attention to what you're doing with the platforming because it has like a triple jump you have to be able to do at certain times, and then being able to like use Neva to get through a certain parts of it too. So yeah, it's a game that I've really really been enjoying. I'm excited to kind of in all this other stuff that's like longer, right that I've been playing or had to play, it's not to have like a shorter experience that does challenge you. Like some of these bosses. It does get difficult like where to dodge and things like that, but yeah, it's still a really good short experience that it's going to get you in the fields if you like those kind of games. So I'm expecting it's probably going to be up there, for uh, in my top ten for sure, and I'm sure it's going to be in you know, game award considerations for various things too. I don't know if you have any interest in this at all.
Speaker 2: It sounds like, you know, like one of those types of like imagine in the Forestation Kingdom or what was that one that took forever to come out last?
Speaker 3: Guardian m hm, sure, all right, you.
Speaker 1: Know, yeah, thankfully you don't have to like physically move the move the dog creature like you do in Last Guardian, right, but you know there are times where you have to like go pet the dog or give it a hug to get its emotions back in check or whatever, and it gives you that like kind of feeling of like, oh, okay, you know that dog, that that that creature is feeling something, and so it kind of makes you feel something too, And it's it's cool in that that aspect, but just just awesome. Been enjoyed that. And also I finally got to uh play The Silent Hill to remake. I'm not that far into it. I'm basically like through the like first section pretty much. You know, it's not it's so it's like you know you were telling me previously, you know, like, hey, this is this is kind of usually like not your kind of game, right, And so it's something that I had to kind of get adjusted to of, Okay, this is this is not like Resident Evil for survival horror horror, this is not this is more cans of Resident Evil too, I guess. But even then it's still trying to more like freak you out with everything. It does, like once you get the radio and the radio waves start popping up to kind of tell you that there's enemies around, but it doesn't like exactly pinpoint where they are, and then all of a sudden, the one will just appear.
Speaker 3: There, and enemies.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's like well and the fog is there to kind of shroud them as well, right, so like the lying enemies that are like the ones that just have like no face and they kind of crawled around or whatever. I can see how that works, right. The dodge button, I think probably I can see some people's thing with the dodge button where that people that are big fans of the original game maybe were like kind of not happy about it because it does change the combat, right. It makes it to where you have a better It makes it easier to adjust to the combat because then you can just kind of keep dodging away from moves and then kind of find that opening a lot easier than the first game where the original game where you're you don't have that, so you're having to just kind of move around and do that. But yeah, the game looks great. The voice acting is is good from the parts that I've been able to see. I like exploring and just going through the town, but that game will have you on high alarth that whole time you're playing, because you'll go into a section and even though you know it's dark and there's probably something that's going to pop out, you don't know exactly where, and it just kind of keeps you on your toes at that point. But I do get your point of it is slow, Yeah, And even if you're trying to like bline it and just do the main like critical path kind of thing, there's so much blocking that it does where Okay, I opened this store, Oh but I'm not going anywhere, go opening this door and I still didn't go anywhere. Okay, it has to be this store. Then how many doors am I going to open before I finally get to the part where I'm going through this area or I haven't really gotten to do any of the puzzles yet. But I imagine the puzzles a kind of in the same vein. So yeah, and I imagine like making this longer probably doesn't help in that respect of making it feel slower. So right, I can understand where you're coming from there on that I kind of want to play it more just to keep going. But I do like that feeling of just taking the board and smashing one of those things and then like stomping on them or whatever till the blood comes out, and you know it's then that feels good. You got to feel his rage there, and you know, I never played the game, so the story is intriguing to me, but obviously you don't have to necessarily play the game to get that. But it is kind of like the whole experience of just feeling scared, knowing that's coming, and.
Speaker 3: You kind of need the story. What else you're really there for? Right?
Speaker 1: Yeah, But I like the little notes in the nods to like the original game, where I don't really get what it's trying to do with that. I guess if I played the original game, I would understand it more the whole. Like we're you get to a certain section and it just kind of like pauses and does like a where the screen like moves or something for a second, and it's supposed to be like that, it's taking you back to some kind of memory from the original game, and I'm just like, Okay, I have no idea why this is significant at all. Maybe I'll do like a deep dive into that if I, you know, beat the game or something eventually, But maybe that resonates to people more or whatnot if you played the game. But still I think that from what I can see, like you said, it's well made, I will have to keep playing it and see how much better. It's just there's so many games right now, and I really really really want to play the game you're playing metaphor Refantasio, and I'm just like, I kind of feel like it's that whole sun Can Cost fallacy thing of I didn't get a code. I didn't you know, somebody didn't buy this for me. I paid the seventy dollars for it, and I feel like I don't want to do with what happened with Residy before, where oh I bought it at the end of like November or something to play it before the before the what we're gonna do, the the game of the year stuff, and I barely play it, and then I'm just like, oh man, I bought that and then I never played it. So I try not to not to have that happen with this game too. But so so I'm trying to like make more progress, right, and still I'm still playing this other game that I can't talk about.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you don't want to rush metaphor that much.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so how is uh where are you now with with metaphor?
Speaker 3: I hit the second big city. It's like just like Port Town.
Speaker 2: Uh, it's okay, I screwed up this trophy system or the trophies are already screwed up because there's like one trophy. We have to like debate the other royal candidates and like you can only do it like one specific day and the game doesn't actually tell you this. So the I'm a debated one candidate, I googled, like what's the right answer for this thing? And it's like, oh, pick this, pick this answer. And then it's like, oh, uh, you're on your third candidate. And I was like where were the other two? And it's like, oh, you should have debated one at the beginning of July. And then when it's you know, the middle of July, I'm like, I didn't know that that would have been helpful. Uh, it's still good, you know. I have the gameplay quite a bit and unlocking more of the archetypes. Uh, because I've ground, I've grinded a lot, Like I have a lot of mag which is kind of funny. Yeah, and I have a ton of cash also because there's a really fun Uh there's one archetype called the merchant that completely breaks the game economy because you know that quick attack thing you can do like in.
Speaker 1: The yeah Dudgeons.
Speaker 3: Yeah, if you do that.
Speaker 2: And against the lower level enemy, you'll instantly kill them and you get like their money and experience. The merchant archetype lets you get two hundred gold more for doing that. Right, So if you're in like the low hull of Air, yeah, with a lot of enemies, you can kill them all, run out, run back in and kill them all again.
Speaker 1: What's your like do you have like a main part of your using? Are you kind of trying to build all the arcotras up or what are you doing?
Speaker 2: I'm primarily using, I'm using. I got the fourth character. It's just a bat guy.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 2: My main character is a seeker or like the magical version. Now actually think him and him and the other guy like the first party member, are both seekers because they have like these.
Speaker 3: Stroll yeah, all around ability.
Speaker 2: I turned the girl into a magical night, uh you know better version of the night, and the bat guy is kind of like the all around guy.
Speaker 3: I think he's currently a he starts off as.
Speaker 2: A thief I think, kind of into something else, maybe a brawler or something I forget.
Speaker 1: Uh, yeah, that that's the one he starts. Okay, yeah, I know that that's the when he starts. But that was a good one too because it uses HP instead of MP.
Speaker 3: Right, well, the Merchant's fun. Can you can just use money?
Speaker 1: Right yeah?
Speaker 2: But yeah, I'm still plugging away in it, like now that you know, I already know I've blown the trophy that I don't really care about. You know, I don't care about this play through, but the next one I'm gonna have like follow a damn guide.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 2: It's like, oh, on this date, you must go talk, you know, debate this candidate, or else you're screwed.
Speaker 1: I've heard that that's not so rigid with this one. I've seen so many people say that they have like by the time they get to the end of the game, they've maxed out everything. And well, Jeff I was with the shows on Jeff, he had just beaten the final boss when we started recording, and he said that he had everything maxed out and he had like ten days left where he had nothing to do. So it feels like the calendar system is not.
Speaker 3: As rigid as yeah, except for those events.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, you had to debate this guy on the twenty eighth or whatever or else he's gone.
Speaker 1: So it's like cool, but you like that the relations well it's not really a relationship system, but building up the like talking to the characters. Isn't this like game of well I have to make sure I say the right thing or they're not gonna progress or no.
Speaker 2: It still kind of has that well it's not progressed, but it's like, oh, you'll get more courage, you'll get.
Speaker 1: More the mag part, right, the no, yeah.
Speaker 2: You get you get like skill points if you get more you know, if you're more tolerant by this answer or something like that. You know, it's not exactly required, but it helps.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Uh so, yeah, I mean I still like it quite a bit.
Speaker 2: I like the fact that you can teleport around, like the big areas. Cone area is kind of almost like a pin wheel, like it'll have branching off areas like smaller dungeons and stuff for.
Speaker 3: You free to go to. Uh So that's all right, that's good.
Speaker 1: Glad. Do you keep enjoying that? What's you have you been playing anything else? More?
Speaker 3: Diablo or yeah, well, I finally hit Tier three.
Speaker 2: And I hired a guy to like go kill like the you know, Ultimate Monster, because only there's like two monsters that drop like the Uber Uber Unique Weapons or you know, all the gear, and I couldn't do it on my own.
Speaker 3: So I heard this guy. He did it.
Speaker 2: You know, we did it like six times, I think, and he got an Uber legendary weapon, but I didn't. Yep, I's to know that my luck continues.
Speaker 1: All right, Well, any other games you've been.
Speaker 3: About Prince of Persia, so hopefully I'll play that at the end of this year.
Speaker 1: Definitely should I would. I would say you should check that, especially because you like Mesu Vania is more than I do, so right, you probably I don't know if maybe you like it as much as Randy, but you know, might be up there for you.
Speaker 3: I liked the demo, so I was just thinking to get cheap enough makes sense.
Speaker 1: That's also what I've been waiting on, so US see how that goes. But moving on here to the news, and there's oh I forgot I guess just a well as well start it is technically a news topic, but I did try out the first level of astrobots speed thing. It's pretty short. It's pretty short. I think I got like the fastest guy was like thirty two seconds or something. I saw Jeff Grubb got like twenty eight seconds or whatever. There's people like they're all like right behind him there. I saw the one with Dan record that was funny where his he beat his sister and then his sister was still on stream and then she went and beat his record again. Right, that was funny as well. Yeah, I don't want to spoil the well, everybody knows the hell divers are in it, and that one's the one that has the hell diver in it. And then there's another character that you get to end the It seems like I don't know what theres for that, because you still get the gold little thing at the end. So I guess you have to get whatever they determine is the acceptable fast range to get both of the characters. I guess if you're slower than that, then you only get one. I don't know what the criteria is for that. But yeah, they did reveal that it's going to be a weekly cadence for this, So the first one released last Thursday. The second one is going to release this Thursday. It's called let It Slide. I'm guessing that one is going to be the one that shows Astro on the ice skates most likely, and then after that so I'm like, Halloween, there's going to be one, then November seventh and number fourteenth as well, and then we know one of the bots is going to be Eve in one of these, and then the rest of them will have to see there's supposed to be ten, so I imagine it's two per level and that's cool. But he does tease at the end of that blog post, I wrote the news for this, so I had to read this a few times just to make sure I was looking at the right thing. He does tease that there is probably more to come right for this, so you know, hey, cool for everybody I've asked. You know, it doesn't mean that it's going to be this year, but we'll see. I guess that that means they're going to do a bigger DLC for this, or will they do a paid DLC. I hope I'm down with that. If they do. You want more astor or you think they need to just kind of move on to the.
Speaker 2: I mean, speed Run is not for me, and I don't know. I haven't like like some of the clips of the speed Run level and it's like we're gonna like assets already, so that is for me.
Speaker 1: But it's really it's really small short, like it's not even.
Speaker 2: Thirty seconds long or whatever. Yeah, but yeah, you know, people want to go for it, how about it?
Speaker 1: Yeah. I mean they did this for the Origin for Playroom as well, so so I guess we'll see what they do as a second DLC or something.
Speaker 2: I sure will make sure they'll have the speak the Astrobot Speed Running Championships.
Speaker 1: I can see that have any But yeah, man, it's good, good for Astrobot. I'm glad that it's gonna keep having content. I expected them to just kind of release them all like that, but I think that they're so short that this might be a better idea actually of just releasing a weekly to kind of keep people talking and then they tell me, get the number fourteenth. They have another thing to reveal about whatever the next astro thing is gonna be. It seems like, so we'll see then if that is going to mean anything or not. But yeah, well we'll keep talking about it as as it comes in each week.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, But moving on from that here, Oh I should have mentioned this with the the Silent Hill stuff, but Silent Hill to Remake did sell a million copies. This was with both physical and digital sales. Of course, this game only released on PC and PS five, but still reaching. You know, when we talk about the metaphor Refantasia one, that was digital sales and physical shift and that was on more platforms, right, that was on Xbox as well, and Xbox had a bunch of the marketing, so you've probably had new fans there. This one's only PC in place private to do that, that's got to be a boon for Kanami.
Speaker 3: Ah.
Speaker 1: You know, we'll we'll be able to talk about what Blue Routine's doing next. But maybe that does lead credence to the whole Maybe they are doing more with with Silent Hill two so or not Silent but just Silent Hill in general. So I'm good with that.
Speaker 2: With that, my share would be like, oh, Konami's like, oh, we can do this on our own outside development.
Speaker 1: To do this, I don't think so. I think that's the whole point is they didn't have a team that felt not It's not like Medigar Solid where I think they felt like they still had people around that were passionate about Medowgirs solid and knew what to do with that, as opposed to I think this didn't have the people to do Solid Hill, so they outsourced it. And then I mean, it's not like Bluber team didn't do anything with a short message, right, that was somebody else that was an internal team, so like, and we know how much that didn't do well, So I think it's kind of justified and actually the whole outsourcing instead. But yeah, and also dragon Ball Sparking Zero went nuts. They've sold three million in twenty four hours and that game came out on Friday, October eleven. Obviously, I mean, look, the dragon Ball is an event every time there's something and then it doesn't help it. Obviously, it helps a ton that there is a new dragon Ball anime, the last anime that will ever be anime and manga that will ever be made by a Kuratriyama himself. Uh So that is you know, a boon to that game as well, and then you know they're just getting a new dragon Ball. Thing is always a big deal for people, and it doesn't surprise me that, especially in like like Brazil, Mexico. Uh, that's like a religion in those countries. Yeah, so of course they're going to be buying up that game and everything. So but but good for bendon Eco considering that they have another story that's about, you know, letting go of workers. This probably helps with giving them confidence about maybe we don't have to downsize too much. I don't know what the final kind of thought is with that or anything, but still, you know, good, good to hear that. I guess you might as well get into that story. So in Japan, you don't. You don't get the layoffs like that, like the way that you see them happen in other parts of the world, and especially the United States, right where a lot of states are at will firing, they can argue for whatever reason they want, and even then they just give you severance or whatever and and then just announce these mass layoffs. In Japan, you don't. You can't do that because of laws. So what they what they do is not everybody, not everybody, but they are It's an old practice of we're basically going to put you in a room where you don't do anything. Imagine if you did that here exactly, you just wouldn't You'd be like, Oh, you're gonna pay me to do nothing? Sure around the city here and do this somebody I told this story on the game Mix too, as somebody that's been through that, where we basically were redundant for two months, but they had to they had to work out the contract. The contract is, it was a government contract and they gave it to them until November, so they had to have us all be there and pay us and until like the last couple of until like the last week where we were putting stuff up. Yeah, they had We were literally would walk in, clock in and sit at a desk and you could do whatever the heck you wanted. And I watched so much anime on my phone because I didn't have to do anything so uh and it but it felt weird. It felt weird going to work every day knowing that I'm literally not going to do anything today. Uh. And so I can understand how those see how how those workers feel hard days. Yeah, I think I watched I caught up on I never watched Jojo before, and I watched Jojo because of that, just to give an example. But my point in this is that's what they're doing supposedly now of course, and ben On Namko came out and said that they aren't doing this, that what they're doing is they're they're working between projects, and they canceled a lot of projects, including one that was commissioned by Nintendo, and also a few that were one Piece or the Rudo related, which is interesting considering that one Piece has been kind of like, okay, Honesty was was good, right, but then you had like World Seeker that was okay, and then you had the Private Warriors was at four that was good again, So it's been on and off with One Piece. I can't speak from the Rudo, but wasn't that last one they made like a remaster of the older games?
Speaker 3: Maybe I mean either.
Speaker 1: But the whole point is they definitely have had games that weren't good, didn't sell well. It looks like it looks like Unknown nine is going to be another one of those that's just gonna be. It came out, nobody's talking about it. It almost felt like I got sent out there to die. And then you have this stuff like the My Hero Academia and like fighting games that no one that are not great and not a lot of people care about. So all that has to be kind of weighing on them that you keep making these games that just don't do a lot. Yeah, and this, this this practice is called an oadashi Beeya, and benan Namko says that they are not doing this or not. It's designed to pressure you to basically voluntarily, which they have gotten a hundred resignations this way, right. Uh, And they've done this with like two hundred or so workers, according to Bloomberg. But they're saying that they're not officially doing it. I think it's probably also to kind of keep them from getting some kind of investigation made on them. I'm sure.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm sure if it was like an official corporate policy, it wouldn't get anyone to work there.
Speaker 1: So yeah, but I mean do you does that concern you with like how the highs that ben I Namco has had with Elder Ring, now the DLC Field and Ring and now Dragon Ball doing well that they're canceling stuff and and kind of letting people go.
Speaker 3: Is like No, I just kind of see it once.
Speaker 2: It's a good thing because yeah, a lot of their games have had product or you know, quality control issues.
Speaker 3: So if they actually go like, hey.
Speaker 2: We're only going to want to make good games if some people have to be sacrificed and get bad ones.
Speaker 1: I guess, yeah, you know, this is an industry issue. We're going to talk about more about these kind of things. Like it's been happening all year, the last couple of years. Right, you just don't hear it that much with Japanese companies because you know, from software, we just heard them talk about they're doing so well that they they gave everybody raises.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but the problem is from software also like their their pay is lower than most.
Speaker 1: Yeah, exactly, their pay is lower than most. So it's like their games are doing so well that they kind of have to. It's like they have no excuse now, right, So it's just, uh, it's more of that. But you just don't hear it that much from Japanese companies. So I guess, uh, now that this has been discovered, I wonder if we'll hear about this with other companies or anything like that. I guess let's move.
Speaker 4: On to another sort of It's a story that's weird because at first it was being reported that Nabu Matsu was retiring period, and then you started like actually reading what he says, and it's something that he's been consistent about since Rebirth.
Speaker 1: Fal Fans and Rebirth that Fantation Neo to mention is probably going through my last game that I ever do completely from beginning to end. It's just it's not something he wants to do anymore. He's older. He's fine with contributing one song or one or a couple of pieces of music here and there, or or talking about retouching or remixing songs he's already written, or kind of doing other things in other genres of music that he wouldn't necessarily do with the video game. He just doesn't want to do that whole process again.
Speaker 2: So it is interesting, Yeah, especially if a bang out like you know, you know, two hundred songs for for Remake or whatever, it's like, oh my god.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean it's incredible the amount of music that they had the remix for that, and then Rebirth like double that as well. But it it kind of gives you, like a sa another saucepot for Plantation when that comes out on December fifth, of Okay, you're gonna have the Fall Fantasy collab with the music. Then it's the last game that's going to have him beginning to end.
Speaker 3: You know you've heard of One Wing Gangel, what about two Wing Gangel.
Speaker 1: Yeah, had Saka Gucci involved in there too, coming back to screening, so yeah, it's it's like all big nostalgia plot there for that.
Speaker 2: But and uh, I forget the guy's name with the final Fantasy seven character creator nowhere in sight.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but everybody father time is defeated by no one, So it's just kind of sad to know that that time is coming, right, that's it. But at least just don't be making music, which is, you know, better than not making anything at all.
Speaker 3: So, uh, collaboration with Rednecks.
Speaker 1: Yeah, exactly, that's the big one. Speaking, I guess of the big one Xbox what really that wasn't that big a deal, but Xbox had a partner preview on Thursday. They did show off the stuff. They said they were going to write the Alan Wake Lake House DLC that is out tomorrow. It's also gonna have the Deluxe edition is gonna release once that is out. It does have like a new story with an FBC agent from Control kieren Estebez that's being portrayed by Jennie de Gavancar and the people that have the Expansion Pass can unlock it immediately when it comes out. Hey, this is kind of a DLC people have wanted because it has a lot of connection to control. So that's cool. I don't know if I'll get to it or not, considering I never got to, like fully you know, get through that game either. But hey, I'm glad that is happening. And we we also got a like first look at the control three player co op game FBC Firebreak as well. Didn't get a lot of details really other than you know, it's gonna be involved control a story. It's in that remedy verse. You know you're gonna go into the oldest house and battle to Hiss or whatever. I mean, a lot of the story is going to be do you think it's in here?
Speaker 2: Not a lot or they just be like, you know, every between of our mission, they'll have like you know, and I'm gonna have control lady doing it. It will be uh, you know, the janitor guy because he'll fightly cheaper. Yeah, but I don't know it's first person. I actually look kind of bad or just like very bland, you know, personally.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean it is going to be tied to game passing Place and plus as well, so they have some kind of there's some expectations there. I feel like that they didn't have enough faith to just release it by itself without connecting it to other things where you don't have to pay. Yeah, well, you know, I'm interested in it because it's control, but.
Speaker 2: But I mean it doesn't look like control though, Like that's the thing. Yeah, but that's about it, like not gameplay, right.
Speaker 1: I mean, like lore wise, Like Okay, I would play it because of the lower involved, right or whatever.
Speaker 2: But i'd just watch a YouTube video where someone has clips all that shit together into one cohesive you know, movie or something like here you go.
Speaker 1: I mean I do like controls, like combat system or whatever, and I like the powers if you're going to have that.
Speaker 2: So literally did not look like you're going to have any of that. So that's that's the problem.
Speaker 1: No, maybe they're surprised with it, but yeah, it definitely looks like a yeah, a SHNA and more of a traditional kind of multiplayer.
Speaker 3: Thing, right. Yeah, it was a third person that probably interests me more.
Speaker 1: You know, why why does the perspective I guess change that for you.
Speaker 2: Because it's boring and so many games have done it before. I mean, it's not like third person is new either, but you have more options to like fly around or do the control ship they would, they don't typically have a first person.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I can kind of see your point there. Uh. Jeff's kind of was saying that it kind of looks like, man, I can't remember that the name of that game, but it was like that extraction shooter that U saw put on game Pass, Like they no, not that division. It's it was a ghost. It was a Tom Clancy one that they no not.
Speaker 3: That's the problem. You can't even keep track anymore.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you can't. You can't keep track of all the stuff with USA. But but yeah, I know it's I can't. I can't think of it right now. But it looked kind of like that because that had the three player pull up too.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and it's.
Speaker 1: Like, dude, maybe this will be better because you know it has the remedy stuff tied to it, right, but still, you know, it was it was I know, it was like a Rainbow six thing. Yeah, but yeah, Rainbow six extraction.
Speaker 3: It was.
Speaker 1: That's what it's called extraction. Yeah, exactly. But one of the things that it did surprise and look good was the new game from Blueberteam Chronos New Dawn. Yeah didn't really show the gameplay this show was. It was minimal. To be fair. Uh I still was kind of like awed by it just because it looked cool, right, the like Deep Sea Diver kind of look and character and then he's like playing chess with the the lady and and stuff, and it kind of goes almost give me like this, like bileshock vibe a little bit. I don't know what do you think when when you saw it?
Speaker 3: You know? Uh I guess a little more sci fi inge.
Speaker 1: Yeah, definitely more sci fi on that. But they they're going there staying with the whoror. After they announced this, they also had like an interview with gain Spot where one of their dev team members basically just was like, we are done making shitty games. We have found our nite our niche. This is the co director Jessic Zieba about you know, kind of the similar thing that they they found with the Layers of Fear is that we really love horror. This is our niche and we're gonna stay with that. And and they're just gonna change the genre a little bit to sci fi and that so must like I guess, you know, stuff like Simon Hill or whatever, But I'm good with that. If it's of the same quality of Simon Hill to remake and not the medium, then.
Speaker 3: My question to him and like games in the first place on.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're right about that, but as somethings, it takes making those those crappy games in order to kind of figure it out.
Speaker 2: Right right from the people who made those games, you know, assuming most of them are still there, like under the Bus, but hey, you made a shitty game for regulations, Yeah uh they.
Speaker 1: Sega also revealed that the Para Yakis and Hawaii It's gonna launch a week earlier because you know, there's another big Japanese game coming out the week after called Monster Hunter Wilds that they don't want to run into.
Speaker 3: Who's ever heard of that before?
Speaker 1: I love all. I love how Japanese devs just don't care about telling you that, yes, we know other games exist, and we don't want you to like buy this game and just not play it because Monster Hunter Wild's cot or not buy this game at all because you know Master Wild' is coming out the same day. So the Naval combat looked fun in this. I'm sure it looks a lot like Black Flag or whatever. But if you're going to take from something, take from something, that's great.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Uh. Some of this other stuff I thought was like real World looks kind of interesting. That's another Annapurna joint that's coming to Game Pass. Uh. Animal Wel is coming to Xbox now, which that's good for Xbox. That was an indie game that was on PS plus. Anything else to stand out to you, that's.
Speaker 3: The name of it.
Speaker 2: But that Polition game was kind of funny with the of the animals running around and you're like hosing them off.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, okay, I think I know which one you're talking about. But yeah, it was fine. It wasn't anything uh.
Speaker 3: Yeah, nothing big, I mean.
Speaker 1: Great, right, Honestly, Like if you're going to talk about news, I guess that FBC Firebreak was the biggest thing out of that. Yeah, And that kind of tells you the the like level of games that they're showing here, right, you know. So and another there's another one of those multiplayer games that you can go play right now if you want to buy blind Fire when or sorry, I think it's free to play. But still, uh, yeah, it's fine. It wasn't anything I wouldn't necessarily go out of your way to see it. Maybe go check out like what was shown and if there's anything the interest, you go watch that trailer or something. Right, you'll be all right. Moving on from that to Sony here, I thought this was interesting just because this was something from Amazon that I thought was going to be like this is a slam dunk. We're talking about God of War here, and then to hear that they're like redoing the Amazon show, like redoing the script after Sony and Amazon had kind of okayed it, Yeah, and so that they were happy with it and everything, Like, that's weird that you're going back on that, right, Like does that set off alarm bells for you?
Speaker 2: No, if anything, kind of gives me a breadth of or some hope for it, because they've had a lot of quality control issues.
Speaker 3: With some of their shows, like Lord of the Rings, but.
Speaker 1: Not even that, like they're bringing in a wholy writing team basically to like do it again.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Hey, look what happened to all that dirt double show?
Speaker 1: Yeah that's true.
Speaker 3: So I mean, or I mean.
Speaker 2: Look what's happened to like you know, it's not the worst show in the world, but like that twisted metal show, right, I imagine I think probably Sony is okaid whatever because they don't know any better and someone likes someone likes our show or wants it.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 1: Do you think this means they might like give them any They were basically gonna follow the same story of Gotta War and got Ryder Rock. Do you think maybe this leads them to doing some of the Greek stuff at all, or do you think it's still only going to be about the newer games.
Speaker 2: I think, unfortunately, they kind of have to start with the Orizona Got a War stuff that i'd be like the first season, season and a half maybe, and then transitioned to Ragnarok or you know, like that type of Got a War stuff, because you kind of have to have like a framework of Kratos first, not just have like one episode.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think it could be because you know, Sony's have this whole thing about like why they're doing the remaster, and there's rumors going around that at any point we're going to get an announcement of we're remastering the entire Greek trilogy. I wonder if that means that, like maybe Amazon gave him a longer leash, and so maybe they're gonna do a whole like you said, a whole season maybe dedicated to the Greek credos, right, and then you transition into the Nordic credos or whatever. Yeah, and maybe that means, you know, you're gonna do three or four seasons of this instead of one or two or something that they had planned initially. So yeah, I mean that's good if they do have a plan and they're gonna stick to that. But we'll see.
Speaker 2: I'm like Netflix, who canceled anything in the job of sucking add Yeah, No.
Speaker 1: I definitely I agree with that. Hate that, and Rings of Power continues to be like this mixed bag of like depending on who you talk to, they either really like it or they don't like it at all. So it's just weird.
Speaker 3: Because of the soundtrack. So he can't be trust.
Speaker 1: Well yeah, I don't know. I mean, that's all you're talking about, is the soundtrack for that? Okay, right, sticking with that here with Sony Marbles, five Man two is coming to PC a little bit earlier than some of the other Sony stuff has. It's supposed to be coming on January thirtieth of twenty twenty five, and it's gonna come to Steam Manefic Game Store. Of course, Marls, Marles and spat around one are already out on PC. There's gonna be no additional story content for this.
Speaker 2: That's kind of surprising to me because I know they're looking the Venom thing for a while.
Speaker 3: So what happened?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I wonder what did happen with that? Are they gonna push it into Spider Man three or are they just gonna nix it completely or.
Speaker 2: Or it's gonna like, uh spin it off on like they're own separate game. Yeah, like Miles, I mean maybe more like a bite sized thing, but you know, here's a thirty dollars thing instead of a seventy dollars thing reduced, but it's still what you you know, is a good experience.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I agree with that. This uh Nintendo thing here with this they announced this like play tests like secret play test things right, brought up and then rumors ran a rampant for a while that oh this is this is has to do with with GameCube. Yeah, going to switch online and that's what they want to test, you know, And I was. I was like, this seems plausible, but why would they They didn't do this with any of the other ones, why would they do with GameCube?
Speaker 3: And I also like, wouldn't need to test it?
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's like those are games people want to play, right like, just announce it and add it to the expansion pass or announce another expansion pass. What however the hell they want to do this if they want to tie that into like potential DS or three DS games also getting added at some point. I don't know, but I feel like, also, if you were going to announce that, why wouldn't you announcer with the switch to instead of just making it a play testing But of course, as you would expect. I really don't know why Nintendo. I guess it's kind of like Valve, right, like Valve did their thing and you agreed to an NBA kind of, but Nintendo's was a lot more overt where they basically told you, if you're going to sign up with this playtest, you're not supposed to leak what they're what it's about. But of course, thanks to social media on x they did in fact leak this and it's it's interesting. It's apparently you're like you're supposed to like work together with the other players and like a social hub kind of thing to develop a massive expansive planet by farming and creating resources, so kind of like a survival game with like Minecraft and then Sunny we're talking about like maybe this is going to bring back the me versus as well, like what do you do you care about this at all?
Speaker 3: Like it kind of reminded me of a Noobi nobee boy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I could see that too, as far.
Speaker 2: As having like people having like, you know, cooperating, as far as some big objective mm hmm. I mean sure, I'm sure they see it as like a either a way of mind, bitcoin or you know, some social thing actually a big point. It would be pretty funny.
Speaker 1: That would be funny if they did that. But yeah, I think Nintendo is fun mm hmm. But I mean nintend you know, Nintendo just I guess, try to do your own thing. Maybe it'll get an audience that you didn't know that it doesn't know this exists, it comes out and people are excited about it or whatever. It's you know, they're not They wouldn't the first ones to try to do their own Minecraft or or try to do it, but I don't know. I just I think this will kind of be out there, people will play it, We'll see how it goes. We don't even know the We have no footage of this at all. This is just an a a concept, right does it even? Does it even happen right after this leak? Do they just okay? What do they play test? And then who knows? Right, it's it's not beyond nintended just to like cancel it. Okay, So just if you want to like talk really long about any of this stuff, you can, But I'm just gonna like kind of rattle off some stuff and then have at it with whatever, because we kind of have.
Speaker 3: To quick fright responses go.
Speaker 1: We have a Dragonville, does dragon he Railguard. It's not going to have d r.
Speaker 3: M good well like third party, but.
Speaker 1: But yeah, I won't have like DRM like DNUVO.
Speaker 3: Yeah, which is good because people don't like that and it's bad.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's good. It'll it won't get this this bad press from having that like you would with other games. Analog three D, which is their version of the NC in ten sixty four, it's gonna go over with a TTVS apparently it works with all of the sixty four carts. It's gonna be available in black and white, cost two hundred and fifty dollars, and you can buy these eight bit de controllers for forty bucks a piece as well, and there's already available for pre order. Are you gonna get one?
Speaker 3: I'll get one eventually.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna wait until they I'm pretty peeved it along to them all their pre or all their like specialist and console bullshit. They pulled over the ears. So once they released like a transparent one, that's one I'll buy.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, fair enough. Yeah, it's always cool that these exist. And then Nilog makes these. I'm I'm all for where these things existing, and they do a really good job. You know the game Boy game Boy Advances one.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they don't pocket. That's what I got. Yeah, you have that and black one.
Speaker 2: And it's like, had I known they're gonna do transparent and Glow in the Dark and all the other cool shit.
Speaker 1: Yeah exactly. Sega is going to open its own merchandise store. I'll love the Nintendo capcom and screen X in Tokyo.
Speaker 3: Yep, that's kind of funny.
Speaker 1: Hey, that's cool.
Speaker 3: I can finally echoed the dolphin.
Speaker 1: Plus you if it's also going to include Atlas stuff, that's a really good way to have like official Atlas merchandise in there. They have a lot of stuff people love, so you know, don't Nod apparently is undergoing restructuring. Uh, it may affect the the sixty nine jobs. Uh, this is going to They have studios in Paris, Montreal, and of course, you know they're mainly known for the Life of Strange games, right, They also you know, made that indie games you saw it that came out last year as well. Sucks to see this.
Speaker 3: I hope that New Life is Strange. It's good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what did you think of that strategy of them, like having the first two episodes come out like two weeks before the game comes out, and then now, okay the full games that have come out and like its still a week from now.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I.
Speaker 2: Think they did a drum up interest. But I think like interest has waned so much with that franchise that I'm not sure it actually worked out for them.
Speaker 1: I think I think it's negative because you have so many people that are negative against what they do with the characters. From what I've seen that not not great, y right, exactly like you said, It's just it hit them. It went backwards instead of getting people to like be excited and like get all like True Colors. That was a critical success. Everybody loved that game, you know. But then when you go back to using the characters that you know, like Max, that people really like, and you you know, use them in a different way than the original creators, did people get mad?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: And you know, I think now it's just a whole negative vibe around that game, which, which it's not great, sucks. That game already has a negative vibe from screenings at in general, right that this doesn't help.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's unfortunate.
Speaker 1: But speaking of negative vibes, Surgeon Studios has these are the studio that makes Tales concerts. Now has put the staff on redundancy. Notice. Of course there was an actor, yeah that he did the biack in Assessm's creator origins, right, yep. He took his own money made this game. It was supposed to be kind of like in his own image to do representation of African people. It was a critically well received game, and it was on PS plus for free. But I think Prince of Persia Lost Crown coming out and basically like showing you how you do with metro Vania. Yeah, I think kind of like I remember telling Randy, oh, look there's another high profile Metrovania out, you know, this one, and he's like, okay, this was kind of okay, right, you know, And I remember most of the critics were it was all about the story and and what it does for the diversity, you know that stuff for that, and not so much the gameplay. And yeah, and of course the grifters have grabbed onto this and this unfortunate situation that he's having to deal with now, with those idiots and those those stupid people that have made his life a living hell recently. U you know, all they all can go to hell for all that's worth. You know, I understand not liking you could say that you want to go against the Force DEI and all that stuff, but that wasn't forced. It's just generally he's giving you a look at what he goes through as as that ethnicity, as that origin. He's this is not a force. He's not trying to He's not taking a white character and making him black or brown. That this game was designed that way, and you know, that all that's all that crap is is such bs most of the time. U. The people that do that, they're not even playing games that they just exist to grift and it's it's ridiculous. It's the same people that went after You'll be soft and try to get people talking off the record about shadows and how yaske is you know, done in such a poor way. And yes, maybe there is stuff that's not historically done, but again that like we thought about afore, that that's a video game. It's not supposed to represent everything about the culture or whatever completely correctly. Moving on from that, finally let's go into is there anything we missed before we go into like the two kind of main topicage stinks? Okay, the first one Sean Laden, you know, he's not one to shy away from talking about industry things, even though he's not he's not like totally in industry as he used to be when he was like you know, CEO PlayStation or SIE America. He talks about how basically it's not that we haven't heard before. Phil Spencer has talked about this as well. He says that especially console wars have plateaued that we've done these things in the same way for thirty years. Every generation, those costs go up, we realign with it. We're on the precipice now where the center can't hold. We cannot continue to do things that we've done before. In order for the console market to remain healthy, we've got to appeal to a broad audience of consumers who weren't previously players. It's a time for a real hard reset on the business model, a hard reset on what it is to be a video game. It's not eighty hours, not ninety hours, but if that is a whole different category. Now do you believe I mean, we've heard this before. I guess from Phil Spencer's and others that like, you're basically selling to the same forty to fifty to sixty million console base every time resets. Do you believe he is right about that? They've got to figure out something else or is it fine to keep just selling to the same fifty every time.
Speaker 2: I think that the industry is like slowly and in general sense it's slowly growing, but because you always get people going getting back into it or discovering it for a new but like I think fills the whole thing about we need a billion players or whatever. Nonsense, there's a billion people playing vide games. Will never happen. And yeah, him going like, oh five hundred dollars, Sean Landon's going, oh five hundred dollars. Consoles too expensive, but hey, buy an iPhone for sixteen dollars, it's like what and then traded in next year because the new model comes out, So that's that's double fucked Like yeah, but I.
Speaker 1: Don't think most people are doing that though. Now you either have an upgrade or you're trading in the phone. And it's the phone is so necessary and they made it so easy for you to move things from one phone to the next one that it's not a big deal with this trade in that phone for the next phone because you're getting like five hundred dollars off that phone, right, and then you can finance.
Speaker 2: The phone if you're doing it year after year or you know, two years, you know, every two years is hoping that adds up? I mean, that's more than a console.
Speaker 1: No, I agree with you, but I think that's not the majory. I know PC Gamer had some pole or whatever that showed that actually a lot of people do. But again, that's just one set. I bet if you actually got a pull from all of the phone providers, that wouldn't be the case. It would be an upgrade, it would be and then you're still financing the phone. You're paying the tax on the phone and then paying the monthly twenty to thirty dollars or whatever. That's what I did with my daughter's phone. She has the iPhone fifteen that was new at the time when I got it for her, and I'm financing that phone. I'm paying like thirty five dollars a month on my bill because just for the phone. Right, So you're not doing that. Even though Microsoft tried. They tried to do that thing where they let you pay like thirty five dollars a month or whatever for two years for the series S and an X or whatever, and it didn't quite work out. Most stores didn't want to do it. And now you have other ways to do that, right. You have Clarina, you have a firm, you have all those that you can do things like that with it. But they're not from Sony. They're not from Microsoft. And Sony in fact has Clara enabled on the PS direct Also when you want to go buy the PS pro, if you if you buy that you can actually use Klarina to kind of like piecemeal the purchase, right. But I just don't I don't think that it's necessarily the I think the price is gonna start if the if the base price of the PS six and the Xbox whatever it is, is gonna be seven hundred dollars, and you're also gonna tell me that you're gonna put in a two terribied drive as the base. I think you are going to drive away people that are gonna say, Okay, I'm not getting this at launch. I'll wait until there's a game that I really want or whatever, and it'll slowly start deteriorating the console base. I for sure we're getting a next generation, but I think after that, I think is when we're gonna have to start looking at are we going to get a PS seven, Are we going to get a Xbox past the Xbox? Maybe not? Are we gonna get a Nintendo's Switch three? Maybe? Maybe not? Maybe we just keep iterating on the PS six and that lasts for the next fifteen to twenty years. I just don't think it goes on in definitely, like I don't know.
Speaker 2: Well, or it'll if it does change and ramatically change so much that it want me like be recognizable.
Speaker 3: I just I wonder, yeah, I want to be like that Ready Player one bullshit with the Oasis or something stupid like that.
Speaker 1: I do. I do think about, like what if Xbox's strategy is it's not far off, it's just too early, and we are going to get to a point where Sony will also have their version of by this, and you get the PC version by this, you get it in the clouds the stream. Uh, you know, we're going to try to reach players that way. I mean, they're both going to supposedly have handheld devices again for next generation. According to rumors, both of them are working on their own handheld device that's gonna pair with their next system. Maybe those are going to be completely off, but I just don't. I think there's too much smoke to that fire to not believe that they're not doing it at this point, and especially Xbox Phil is phil.
Speaker 3: No.
Speaker 2: What Xbox will do is though this mark though this like brand or as is bullshit and go here's the Xbox one. They're not making their own. And also, like there have been rumors that Microsoft was doing a handhold for twenty since the original Xbox came out and they.
Speaker 1: Did what they do. They partnered with like the Engage or whatever, and that didn't.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they never have handheld and they never will because they're not really a hardware company. I mean, they make the surface, that's about it.
Speaker 1: And why in the laptops they make the laptops, but I don't know, I think there's so much demand for that.
Speaker 2: That I mean, that was like partner with a sus or m that's or whatever and go here, you know, here's our console. It's just a rebranded MSI gamer Claw or whatever that thing is called the ass Rod. It'll be the Microsoft rog whatever, you know, and I'll clude like six months of game Pass and that's it.
Speaker 1: I do think Sony will start We're gonna start. I do think that Sony will start putting games on PC faster then you know, then a year. Possibly at some point we're gonna start getting to less than a year, because they're gonna start seeing they need more return on this product that they're making. They're spending so much money on it, especially if none of these multiplayer games hit, they're gonna start needing that return faster. On some of these games that they're spending either that they're gonna start cutting back, and what does that do for the console if you're not having these these huge games that people have been growing accustomed to with that.
Speaker 3: I don't, I didn't.
Speaker 2: I don't put this in the dock, but I'll mention it real quick that that's squad and forty two nonsense. They're like, oh, it's gonna be coming out in twenty twenty six. It's like, yeah, yeah, okay, yeah, we'll see won't but okay, yeah.
Speaker 1: The consoles, definitely there's a plateau happening. I think there's it's not gonna I think what we saw with the switch Switch two is gonna be very interesting. Do we get anywhere close to the to the amount of Switch twos that sold as much as Switch ones?
Speaker 2: I think there's a graphical plateau. I mean you can already kind of say that now. Oh yeah, definitely, some games just don't hit it correct, like like Rubble Coop or something that is just bad on PlayStation five. But the problem then is, Okay, these games all look good or relatively good, like every game doesn't need great tracing nonsense. Whatever it's then it's just like a creativity Plateau, and it's like how many you know, how many four versus one asynchronous multiplayer shooter is going to get? Or how many you know dark souls like games? You know, this one's set and I gothic environment. It's okay, you know craft like that. Like I would say, it's much more of like a creativity problem than a graphical or hardware problem.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, and definitely when you know, it goes into our other topic of why we are seeing this glut of remasters and remakes because or things like Echoes of Wisdom, which basically change the character. But it's a lot of a lot of similar gameplay from another game, you know, Like how much of that is because lack of creativity, lack of funding both or we got to do something safe, and so the remake of this game that everybody loved is going to sell awesome, So therefore let's do that instead of a new game. Like what's happening with Metaphor is not the norm, right, most a lot of new ip do not succeed like that, But that's because it has that pedigree behind it that people are willing to, you know, give it faith. And then obviously they made a great game. And that demo really sold people and all that stuff, But how many people use remakes now to be like, oh, if the remakes so as well, then Navy will do a new one, right, And even then some remakes don't sell well, and like a does Space one sold what two million and it still wasn't enough for them. The green Light does Face two remake. So do you feel like and especially with the announcement of like Aspire, I think, uh, just like announce that they're doing like four different remasters at once with the Legacy of Kine and then now that second Tomb Raider Collection remaster, And yeah.
Speaker 2: I don't mind those because those are old games that you know, have the been around in years.
Speaker 3: I get more annoyed with like that, you know, than.
Speaker 1: Doing the uh the Horizons.
Speaker 2: So yeah, it's like your dog, like, that's not an old game. You can still buy that. You can probably still find it in a store if you look hard enough. You know the PS four section.
Speaker 1: Well, now they're delisting it, so I assume they're gonna stop producing the PS four version because they have this version now, No I know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but they're always like those like that dusty shelf in Walmart that has a bunch of like weird old games on it. Yeah that I'm still full priced even though they're four years old. There's not more.
Speaker 1: Do you have a certain preference for how they so do you like the way that, like let's say Aspire is doing or essentially it's just like a A forres frame rates better, but you're getting the same game. Or do you want like the Resident Evil too way of doing it?
Speaker 2: Like I would prefer the Resident Evil two way of doing it, but I realized they're not. I mean, Aspire doesn't have the money to do a complete remake of Legacy of Kame and.
Speaker 1: Look at the way they're Look what's how to start with? Or right, yeah that was their version of doing that and.
Speaker 2: Yeah it's a disaster or you know, I mean I love that Tomba remaster, but they're not going to remake Tomba. It would fucking buy except for me because I'm dumb, you know, So I think remakes are necessary, but you had to give it like ten years at least. Like I was still pissed today. I just lost a store put up a picture of what they had to sell, and they had a boxed copy of No One looks forever. That's a game I've wanted for like twenty five years. It was fifteen bucks, and I called them and there they already sold it with them like a half hour.
Speaker 1: Oh damn.
Speaker 2: And it's like, man, if you know, Aspier could put out No One Wanks forever, it'd be so great, it'd be so awesome.
Speaker 3: But they're not going to remake that.
Speaker 2: They just like remout, remaster it and put it out if they ever good or if they ever can get the license together. So I think remakes are necessary. I'm sorry, remasters are necessary, but only with like a certain game of a generation that's older. Like I know, you know, I think it's funny that, you know, rock Star a few weeks ago is like, hey, we're finally putting a Red Dead Redemption one on PC. Great, you're only like a decade too late, Like what the fuck is you going to hold off?
Speaker 3: You idiots? Like and it's a kiple Bucks Like that's like the crazy thing to me.
Speaker 1: I'm like, what my issue is mainly is that my issue is when you're now I get it's Sudding Hill too, as a from the ground up kind of remake. You you made that at an it's this similar game, but you added your own flare to it, and it's a PS two game, so it's gonna look way better. All these graphical enhancements. Okay, you want to charge seventy dollars for that, but then look at what you know, you could argue that they extended some of the game because uh, they had they felt like they had to because it's seventy dollars, right, So some of my take away from the game, because.
Speaker 2: I mean, they could just I would say, this should just put in an option like hey, do you want to be like the original or now yeah, like you can ex eyes or a director's cut or.
Speaker 3: Something like that.
Speaker 2: I don't mind like a full price remaster honestly because like the or I'm sorry, a full priced uh reboot, or because they're putting in the work like that resonable two things they put in the work. It's not just hey, you're the same old fixed camera angles, but now leon that's twenty percent more polygons. It's like, no, they made a whole new game. Oh definitely, Yeah, they're just using the same blueprint. That's I don't mind that. But like I said, my problem is just like the you know, putting Deadpool, the Deadpool game back out on you know, from PS three to PS four or uh, they're putting it like that, like uh not dark Stalkers, Uh, dark Siders. It's like, hey, it's not on PS five why, you know, like why.
Speaker 1: Because they need they want to use that to see if they can fund the fourth game. I guess I don't.
Speaker 2: Know, but they can't because you know, anyone's ever played, has already played the game, has already played it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so look, you know.
Speaker 1: I'm all for I guess those games existing again and being played by modern consoles. I think that that's all great. I do wish that there was ways to just allow you to do more of what like Nintendo is doing, where you get the emulated version of that original game without having to jump through a million hoops. Looking at you, Sony with like some games are stuck on like you have to have a Vita and be able to download it off the Vita PSN and do all that, and it's like, Okay, you know, I think it's cool that you know, you put out Dino Crisis, even if it is on the premium tier or whatever. You can play that finally, but it's just it does feel like every other week we're getting another remaster, another remake, and it's just like some of these it's just like, Wow, this game that I don't know that anybody wanted a remake of this, and you're going to charge fifty sixty bucks for it, and it's like, Okay, this is what we're we're doing. I do think things like the legacy of Kine, like people have wanted that forever. Uh, that's cool that you're remastering it and then you're putting it out that people will be able to eat to play.
Speaker 2: I think it's cool. I think it's cool, but it'll really depend on me for the price. If it's under thirty bucks, it's fine, but if they charge try to charge fifty bucks for this thing, like no, fuck off?
Speaker 1: Like how do you feel about that? Like, well, Konami's doing right. They did that whole mendigir saw withd like collection and then now we're doing like a remake of three. Is that one of those that you.
Speaker 2: Because the collection is like I think it was a collection that launch was like fifty bucks and yeah, you know, three of the best Mutgar games and then two of the most mediocre or you know no.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean you can actually go through the whole history of metal gear with that.
Speaker 3: It's like, I mean the biggest omission was Solid four.
Speaker 1: Well that's coming at volume two. You imagine.
Speaker 2: No, if they put that on there and said, hey, this thing's not seventy bucks, you know, that would have been a day one purchase for me. That of me waiting until that thing got to like twenty bucks on game Stop one day and all right, I guess I'll got it right, so and yeah, then doing like, you know, a modern remake of Medical Solid three is fine because it's a complete remake or you know, it's just like I said, he's in the same blueprint and hopefully it won't be as yanky as Nargus All three was originally.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think for video game preservation aspects of it, I'm happy that those things exist. Obviously, as things continue to get more and more digital, it's going to be an issue because that means that you're then fully relying on either limited run to make some kind of physical thing or yeah, then you have to wait for the digital sale to become the price that you think is worth it. For that, I'm down for more like collections of like legend a Man that collection the Lunar one that's coming out, Like, I'm cool if you're gonna give it to me in the original form as well. It doesn't have to be remastered every time or re like doing some ridiculous remake that that overprices the things.
Speaker 2: I don't mind, like the remastered edition per se, Like you know, the speaking in one is just going to be like one and two, right, But you know, I, you know, I like the originals go away, they just get harder to find, so if you're going.
Speaker 1: Down, you know, but then there's people that, like, you know, what somebody's doing with delisting the original PS four version in order to make you buy the remaster, Like that to me is ridiculous, Like if I want to buy the lesser PS four wards, and I should have that ability to do so to save money if I wanted to, or because I wanted to play it in the original form for whatever reason. Like I think that that's kind.
Speaker 3: Of there are discs of it, But I know.
Speaker 1: I'm saying, I'm saying to the people that if we're gonna keep on with these digital consoles, right, because that's one of the things people are worried about playing in six, even though I think there's data that came out this week that I saw Matt Matt Matt Piscatella put out and I think also Chris String put it out. For the European side of actually, physical this year has been doing marginally better. It's still way less than digital, but it you know, in certain sectors like I think obviously Xbox like went up to like ninety one percent or something like that, but like PlayStation and Nintendo for like a certain quarter it was like thirty four percent something like that, where it's like, that's still a decent chunk right of people buying physical, So you know, but is it enough for them to be like, we're still going to put a disc in the console at launch, or they're still going to make you go and buy a thing separately, and as to as to make it to where less and less people bother with the disc and eventually we get to the point where there's just not one, right, So you know, but in the end, I think, uh, I thought, you go ahead, sorry.
Speaker 2: You're the all digital ones. So when this when your nightmare in the future happened at the year fault, my fault.
Speaker 1: But remasters good remakes good, Uh, maybe be a bit more choosy about which ones it is, specially look at Sony when the Until Donn remake feels very unnecessary and then apparently it's worse.
Speaker 2: That's the other problem is like when the remake comes out or the remaster comes out and it sucks, like Until Dawn is noticeably worse. That lollipop chainsaw thing is a disaster. Yeah, I haven't heard about Shadows of the Damn, but that isn't.
Speaker 1: Like blunt it. You know, I can't talk about it yet, but you know I haven't had any like big issues.
Speaker 2: But you know, the remaster should ideally improve on the original. It's not at least maintain maintain it, unlike Saw, which is a very worse experience.
Speaker 1: Right, Well, do you have anything elsefore or no?
Speaker 3: Cool? Well do you can mention in a few weeks. I'm happy cool.
Speaker 1: So here is what's coming out this upcoming week. You got East ten, which I'm still waiting to see if there's going to be a code. I got to check in with Adam to see what's going on with that. The Romance sing Saga two, which I did play, the Den one, I enjoyed at the remaster or remake, I don't know what they're calling that. That's coming out to everything but Xbox on the twenty fourth, a day before the Black Ops six obviously on the twenty fifth. Everybody's waiting for that, or you know, a lot of people are that Bendetta Forever game is also coming on the twenty third as well. Wiodermith is coming to consoles. That game was very well set on PC a few years ago. So that linked banner of the Spark game that got shown off at Opening Night lives coming out on the twenty second. Also, you use the Kowambi is coming to Switch. Also coming to Switch. Banjo Tube is coming to Switch. That's part of the Antenna Switch online games.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: The wind Blown, which is that new game from the Dead Cells devs, is coming also this week at toy fifty. The like extended version of the Anniversary thing is coming out Sonic Cross Shadow Generations. It's that apparently has some good reviews.
Speaker 3: Mark Yeah, they're brainwashed. It's Stockholm syndrome.
Speaker 1: It does have good reviews though people are people are idiots, yeah people, so you know, but yeah, there's some good stuff coming this week so yeah, go find it and if you want to get one of those have at It folks. Yeah, but all right, until then, everyone, we'll see you later. Subscribe all that stuff. Bye bye, let it