Speaker 1: All right, it's the Ben and Skin Show ninety seven point one the Eagle. Thanks for hanging out with us to day. Lots of sports to get into coming up here in about thirty minutes, but why don't we go ahead and dip our toes into what we like to call the Ben and Skin MAM's minute brought to you by Sunset at McKinny Amphitheater and Ben. I think the thing that we're all talking about with a heavy heart is that Derek Lively the second is going to miss two to three months according to sham Sharnia, with a fracture in his foot. This is all terrible news, you know, losing Luca for a month, now Lively for two to three months. There's been exim is still out for tonight, Hardy and Paller out. I haven't heard if Clay, Grimes or Nase you're going to play. They were all questionable. I did hear that if you're leaning one way or the other, that Nausey is on the doubtful side of questionable and Clay and Quinton are on the good side of questions.
Speaker 2: Okay, See, it's just these are tough times for the Dallas Mavericks right now. But you've seen them get unlikely wins against OKC and the Lakers. And if they're hot and they're hitting from three, anything can happen.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Boy, you gotta make your threes.
Speaker 1: And this is a huge game, tiebreaker game with Minnesota tonight. All right, that is your Sunset at McKinney Ampitheater, MAVs minute. Go to Sunset Texas dot com to see the details of this amazing amphitheater that's coming in twenty twenty six and you have a chance to own a piece of it, get a fire pit. It's like a real estate investment with the normal depreciation and all that kind of stuff. You will long term make money off this and you'll have access to all the great shows. Go see more informations. Why Troy Aikman's out there talking about there's gonna be an ape men club there. This is a really cool partnership. We love those folks. Sunset at mckinne Ampitheater, Sunset Texas dot com.
Speaker 3: But right now it's time for this.
Speaker 2: And now it's time for Basi Sweet Day up Day during veteran news anchor kt f on tweets.
Speaker 3: Here are the important stories. He's currently tracking from around the world to start locally.
Speaker 1: A couple of closures that we should take a look at here in town. The Bluefish on Greenville Avenue in Dallas will be closing.
Speaker 3: What dude.
Speaker 4: They had an incredible tune of tower Vida loved going there.
Speaker 3: I'm very, very upset about this. This surprises me. It surprised me too.
Speaker 2: I thought they were you know, you're seeing places close here and there. And I will say this, if you have a place that you love in this day and age, you gotta go all out. You gotta be aggressive with the way you support it. You gotta be an advocate for it. You got to fight for it. Tell your friends you gotta, because it's just hard out there on businesses right now.
Speaker 3: This restaurant opened in Yes, yes, two thousand and nine.
Speaker 1: No, ninety eight, Harry, Yo, Christine, Now there you go, nineteen ninety eight.
Speaker 3: Wow, good job, Christine. Uh you get some tuna.
Speaker 1: Okay, you get to get tuna from that place after it closes, all right?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Yeah, ninety eight.
Speaker 1: It was on the Dallas Morning News list of best new restaurants of nineteen ninety eight. Is that a chain or was it just a local thing with multiple locations.
Speaker 3: That's what it grew after that.
Speaker 1: Okay, so they ended up with because I know they have one in four word.
Speaker 3: Dude, we have two in Allen really yeah.
Speaker 1: Now one of them I think just closed down because it was in So basically, they had one in this area called waters Creek and it's this bustling area where there's stuff there all the time, and then they opened another one like not even two miles away on Stacey, and I thought it was kind of strange, like.
Speaker 3: Really, two bluefish that close? I mean, what does this McDonald's.
Speaker 1: Well two remain, okay, and one is an Allen, that one at waters Creek probably cranks, and the other one is in Breckenridge, Colorado.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, they've been hit hard.
Speaker 2: Okay, Well, I know the uh there was a sushi joint that closed at the Star as well.
Speaker 3: Oh really it's Sushi Marquee. Oh, the one that had all that movie theater theme. We had lunch there before. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And you know, I don't know if it's common for that category, if it's more difficult on that category right now, but it's tough out there.
Speaker 3: It's man.
Speaker 1: Yeah, restaurants are getting hammered. And really what it is is it's like they were just hanging on after the pandemic and then they just couldn't hang on any longer, right you know, And dude, this is what If you're the type type of person that gets online and blasts a restaurant for not being perfect, you're an a hole.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I guarantee you nobody who does that has ever owned a restaurant or a small business or anyway. Right, you know, it's like show love, give support, have patients give grace, like quit being an a hole.
Speaker 1: I think there's also ways to, I guess, be critical without it being aggressive and mean and.
Speaker 3: Without hurting their business. Yeah, like I want your business to end. I want your family to lose their home. Like, what because you didn't get a nice tea in time? Yeah?
Speaker 1: The other closure that we have, Christina, this is going to be a soft spot for you. No again, definitely soft spot for me. Andy's in Denton.
Speaker 3: Oh, we are playing a show to celebrate that celebrated or sad and celebrate the history of it. Yeah, the life of Andy's. Okay, Yeah, there's a celebration of life. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Are you guys going to play open gasket or what do you think that's actually one of the bands that's gonna play opens. There's been so many bands with questionable names that have played at Andy's.
Speaker 3: Oh we're going to as coffin Flop. That's cold.
Speaker 1: I actually saw oat Bill Pizza at Andy's one time.
Speaker 3: Yeah, wow, we're going back. That is sad. I love playing it. And how long has it been there? That's a good question, is it? Is it really that good of a question?
Speaker 1: No, it is because I should know. It open in nineteen ninety four. There it is so Bill Shelfish. The Bill itself opened in eighteen seventy seven. It's a cool area. The square and down is awesome. Yeah, first up in nineteen ninety four. Now on top of that, it's the cocktail bar Pascal. I think they're fine. They're staying. I would imagine it out they're blowing the building down or anything.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and there's a little bar in the underneath in the basement.
Speaker 4: Is it still there?
Speaker 3: You know what? I don't think that's there.
Speaker 1: They might have closed that down to Yeah, so big bomber there. Because there's been a ton of local bands have made their way by, you know, going to Andy's and playing a show and making their way the only way they know how.
Speaker 3: I've seen so many bands play. I saw Waylon Jennings there. You see Whalon play there? I don't think you did. Oh you'll see. So you know how we always talk about.
Speaker 1: The awards circuit, and I think tomorrow, I think, unless they've pushed it back again, you guys can be on the lookout for this because I'll be gone. Tomorrow is the Academy Award nominations. Are you producing our show from afar?
Speaker 3: Uh? No, I'm just giving you as mighties. I'm fine with Yeah. I think they're announcing those tomorrow though. All right now.
Speaker 1: They have postponed a couple of times because the wildfires. But I think they're going to finally do that tomorrow. Ten movies. I believe they'll still do ten. They shouldn't needs to be something five, but ten will get nominated. But there's a website. They just have to pull two thousand Americans, like what you watch? Just tell me what you watched? So easy, like not awards, not highly decorated, Like what do people actually go see? Because I think the Oscars get a little snotty sometimes. Here's a bunch of movies that gotta work real hard to find and they're real long. I do want to watch The Brutalist, and I do want us as a show to watch the ten movies.
Speaker 3: Somehow we've ever done it? Divide them up? We've never done it. We've we've three of us have done it.
Speaker 1: We did, we did it when we did eight? Yeah, watch Ben did mank and Manari? Oh yeah, god had I did? Uh Francis McDorman poops in a bucket, No matter Land, and then a very terrible and sad movie about all Zheimer's starring Olydia Coleman.
Speaker 3: All right, let's do it the same way all Divide and Conquered.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And I think but if there's the reason, I think we got to the ten because there were a couple movies we had all seen already that year, and we get we could get Billy from sales to do the other two.
Speaker 3: That could be a good way to get to ten.
Speaker 4: Ye.
Speaker 1: Most watch TV shows of twenty twenty four, What do you guys think?
Speaker 3: The top five is? Football? Football? Football?
Speaker 1: No, no, no, no, no, that's the true status. Yes, you're talking about so far people, what you watch this year?
Speaker 2: And this is so far this year, and this is including all the streaming apps and all those things.
Speaker 3: Well, this would be last year.
Speaker 2: Okay, so you're twenty twenty four. Okay, I think Yellowstone is probably up there. It actually wasn't. Okay, Well they skipped the year, didn't they skipped? Yeah, because they came in late. Are any of those shows that he does on there.
Speaker 3: They're not? Okay the floor not the floor, Christian Than that's great. Okay, the four got the post super Bowl time slot. But I am and I'm so excited for that. I am too. The voice. No, No, these your actual shows.
Speaker 1: The number one show is on Amazon, and we talked about it a little bit, but none of us saw it, I think unless Christina saw it on Amazon. Preacher Fallout.
Speaker 4: Yes, Fallout is incredible, really fun.
Speaker 2: Walter Goggins. Yes, I am without a show right now. I'm desperately seeking a show.
Speaker 3: So this is great. This is good.
Speaker 4: You'll enjoy Fallout, Ben, because it's based on that video game and kind of like post apocalyptic and it's Amazon.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I think I'll be able to get you in on the S and L documentary in the five o'clock hour today, Ben, that's a tease.
Speaker 3: Folk. Okay, and that's on Peacock. That's on Pecock, Pecock. Did you watch the first episode of Severn's season two? Yeah?
Speaker 2: And I feel so disappointed because I love Ben Stiller and I really enjoyed season one, but taking three years off really hurt my add Yeah, and uh, I'm just disengaged with the show. It's so so far removed from it, and I want to have to go rewatch the whole first season.
Speaker 1: Really good article in The Ringer about that, how the gaps have gotten bigger and that's hurting television.
Speaker 2: By not I mean, I hate to say it, I'm not in you know, it's a higher quality form of TV.
Speaker 3: You're watching, you're watching movies for every episode.
Speaker 4: Basically they had a strike too that affected it, right, I think so.
Speaker 3: But there's also a tuturo situation that was going on.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's interesting to see where they're going to navigate that because you can tell he didn't want to be there.
Speaker 3: What you're saying watching Because I started two episode one, you're like, I eat, didn't care.
Speaker 2: I started watching the first episode of season two, and uh, it was so heavily tied into reacting to season one.
Speaker 3: I was like I don't know what's happening.
Speaker 1: Uh, I told you fall Out was one the Pengue. Oh yeah, of course, of course, Kevin go on the street the penguin. Is this in some sort of order, like, yes, two, that's two? Well, I mean I understand the way numbers work. What I'm saying is this, like the most people responded with these shows?
Speaker 4: Is that? What?
Speaker 3: Or is this?
Speaker 4: I think it'd be nicer on your birthday? But no, it's a good question.
Speaker 1: Just acknowledge that the number two comes after one.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm okay with it, all right, I'm okay with it. So the thing is it's a small number of people.
Speaker 1: If it's a two thousand people, then all you need to get is like twelve percent to be the lead dog here, you know what I'm saying. So of these two thousand people, more people watch Fallout than anything else?
Speaker 3: Yeah, gotch But you know.
Speaker 1: And it came out early in the year and was promoted heavily by Amazon. Okay, I think late in last football season there promoting dude freaking prophecy. Dude.
Speaker 3: I can't get into that. I can't there. I just started tonight. I think I'm overdooned.
Speaker 1: House of the Dragon season two so good, and then Lord of the Rings Rings of Power season two.
Speaker 3: That was great. Didn't do that? What was that on Amazon? Yep? Kavanaugh is a big fan of it. Okay.
Speaker 1: Most watched movies twenty twenty four to these two thousand Strangers on a Bus, Barbie.
Speaker 3: No, that would have been two years ago. Oh really yeah, wow, but you have seen some of these, I know twenty twenty five. Got it the first one, Baby Girl? Uh No, Beetle Juice. Beetle Juice really interesting? Okay, I pay per viewed. It didn't really make it through thirty minutes.
Speaker 1: Oh, Ben, I actually liked it, but I was Winona older and still got her Winona action.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they kept the weird bangs.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she's just you know, my message, somebody half stranger things just yeah, pushed her right into the Beetle dead pulling Wolverine too. Oh yeah, everyone saw it. Everyone saw it pretty good.
Speaker 3: Didn't know anything about it.
Speaker 1: Wonderful movie. Bad Boys Ride or Die The Return. Oh it wasn't a shot bit movie from the early eighties, so now it was Bad Boys three basically, right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I couldn't do it.
Speaker 2: A Quiet Place Day one Okay, I'm I'm actually interested in seeing that.
Speaker 3: I bet that's really good and scary a quiet place. One and two are wonderful. Yes, this is the third. I haven't seen any of them either. They're good prequel, they're really good. Yeah, and then uh Twisters five? Want that one back? We are one a bit.
Speaker 4: I almost watched that on the last plane trip I was on and then still didn't do it. So bad, No, man, I want to enjoy my flight.
Speaker 3: Bad. It's bad. I watched the whole thing too.
Speaker 2: Man, it was like eating something horrible and like, God, I wish I hadn't eaten that.
Speaker 3: What was the worst part of it? I just think it's so cliched, you know.
Speaker 1: Glenn Pale driving into an F five tornado and using things that he's attached to his truck to drill himself down into the ground so they can hold in there.
Speaker 3: It's just like, Oh, you're.
Speaker 2: A you're a you're a bookworm with a something bad haunting you in your past. Huh, you're kind of a sad, sulky lady. Well look at me. I'm a wild card cowboy. I'm super hot. What happens if you mix us together? I bet something crazy would happen. Storm's coming.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I get why weather men were mad about this, and women like I get what meteorologies were piste about this.
Speaker 3: This is unsafe? What about what about the cow?
Speaker 1: The cowmaker return but he didn't have the special effects were good.
Speaker 2: It was exactly like I would imagine. It's exactly what looking at a tornado at Cloaks practice.
Speaker 3: Is a horse this time? Right? All right, there you have it.
Speaker 2: Uh, there is the weekly weekday update coming up next and around the sports we have bad news.
Speaker 3: We will dissect the worst news.
Speaker 2: Bad news for the Cowboys, equally bad news for the Mavericks we'll discuss next