Speaker 1: Ah yes, it's the world famous Benin Skin Show ninety seven point one the Eagle. Thank you for rolling with us today. We got so much to get into. But man, I cannot seem to get over the hump with regard to the emotion, all the emotions with this Luca trade. And I don't did.
Speaker 2: You watch the postgame show last night? Uh? No? Or you did? You you didn't watch me?
Speaker 1: Dude? Well, I at one point during the game, the MAVs are so shorthanded.
Speaker 2: They have so many injuries.
Speaker 1: Like if you go to a game at the AAC, everybody who sits on the front row gets access to this like sushi buffet and this incredible VIP lounge, and so most of the time when the second half starts, they're not in their seats yet.
Speaker 2: Mm hmm.
Speaker 1: That's what the MAVs bench looked like. It just looked like a whole empty front row. They had eight guys. Dang I uh. I looked up. We're at the end of the first half, and I was like, man, all things considered, I feel like we played pretty well and they were down twenty. Now, part of it had to do with the fact that your guys the Milwaukee Bucks were shooting sixty eight percent from the floor at that point, I think.
Speaker 2: For a half.
Speaker 1: But I was sitting there going, man, I think those guys acquitted themselves pretty well. Man. They played honestly and truly, those guys played their ass off. They played hard, they didn't hang their head Clay was gunning. They did their thing. Man, They're just so shorthanded right now. And by the way, I haven't seen it. Don't we get we get medical news today, don't we.
Speaker 2: Well, that was you know, thrown out there that we'd have an update around March sixth.
Speaker 1: No, they were going to do a Now this was announced before the Kyrie injury, but they told us that they were going to give us an update on Thursday, whatever day this is, and they were going to reevaluate the three big players, Gafford, Lively, and Anthony Davis.
Speaker 2: We'll let me go to the at MAVs pr Twitter account. I see nothing.
Speaker 1: Uh, I think Shaum's I think everything's changed, just because with Kyrie out, it doesn't really matter if guys come back. If they rush, like if they were rushing back to join Kyrie, no matter what seed they were, they would have a chance to go on a deep run because regardless no matter how hurt we all are about losing Luca, if this team is healthy, they're one of the best teams in the Western Conference.
Speaker 2: And so you could see the upside to people.
Speaker 1: Rushing back and hurrying back as quick as you can let's go, go go. But without Kai, it feels absolutely pointless. So I don't I don't know. I'm not expecting any You would know better than me, but I'm not expecting any major updates on guys coming back, just because there's not much of a point. Well, I know, I agree with what you're saying, but that's why I think we'll get finality, Like I think that like in other words, they'll say officially if Anthny Davis is shut down right right, got it? And and I think that I always thought Gafford would come back before Lively, but I still thought be the last week of March, and so they may what I here's what I think they'll say. I think they'll say because you know, Lively is walking around in a boot, and.
Speaker 2: I don't remember the last time I saw Gafford.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, he could be there and I just missed him. So I have a feeling what they'll say is Gafford and Lively will be reevaluated in two weeks, and after further evaluation, we believe Anthony Davis will.
Speaker 2: Start preparing for off season surgery.
Speaker 1: That's my guess of what the announcement might be, so that then Jason Kidd can answer the questions once and then move on. Man, I went back and looked this up because you know, obviously the MAVs got bulldozed in the finals and they ran into a historically dominant badass super team in the Celtics, And so I went back to the moment that they won the Western Conference finals and it was let's see, it was May thirtieth, that it was two hundred and eighty days ago, two hundred and eighty days ago, and I pulled up the box score. Luca had thirty six, Kai had thirty six. They rolled on, They won that series. They were going to the NBA Finals at that time, led by their twenty five year old scoring champ, who just came off of a season which he averaged thirty three point nine points, nine point two rebounds, and nine point eight assists per game at twenty five. And I'm like that, you're going to the Finals, and you've got this young, global iconic superstar and like it's gonna be Sonny in seventy two, here forever, this is we're on a gravy train with biscuit wheels, and wow, in two hundred and eighty days, everything has changed. Let me let me make it even even weirder for you and more extreme. You guys want to go back and visit Christmas Eve?
Speaker 3: Not really?
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 1: On Christmas Eve, the Mavericks had won twelve of fourteen games and were generally considered the best.
Speaker 2: Team in the NBA.
Speaker 1: Why now, some people, some people would say Cleveland at that time, but keep in mind, at that time they were handling up on Oklahoma City without Luca and the lineup because they got to a slow stark xat injuries, so then they had got on a stretcher. They won, They went twelve and two headed into the Christmas Day game with Minnesota, and then the Luke injury happened. But at that time, just NBA conversation was, all right, best teams in the NBA are the Celtics, the Mavericks and the Thunder And then a lot of people were saying, Cleveland's not real. It's a different time, right, But and keep in mind the Mavericks were handling up on the Thunder, the Thunder twice at that Luca, right, so that was three months. I it's one of the weirdest things ever. Like, I'm trying to remember the last time I felt this sports depressed. And I think about the six MAVs. You know that you're getting Dwayne Waded in the finals. I think about the Rangers. You know, Nelly Cruz not catching that ball, you know, I think about when Tattoo retired from the sidekicks. But this is every day. It's not ever gonna get better. Oh that's a nice but it's never gonna get better.
Speaker 2: There's Rangers. You knew they'd be good the next year. Right.
Speaker 1: It's like, no matter what, you lost in the finals, but you still had Dirk, you still had Hope.
Speaker 2: It's like you got Kyrie and Anthony Davis.
Speaker 1: Dude, this thing was expedited so much in like the timeline of it, whereas, Okay, your best player's not twenty five or twenty six, but he's thirty two.
Speaker 2: But he's it's but you.
Speaker 1: Know, that's a significant age difference. And then when you factor in how injury prone. Some you know, you get especially as you get older, and how ad and it's just you're looking at this, going, man, is this real life? I keep going over this over.
Speaker 2: And over again.
Speaker 1: And then you see pictures of Luca and you watch video, you watch highlights of Luca.
Speaker 2: He's looking fit, he's looking good. They look like one of the best teams in the NBA. I'm like, dads are fun. They stole our fun. Luca never wanted to leave Dallas, but it is not going to take him long in Los Angelesica, weather's pretty nice. There's the ocean pretty close here. As long as the city's not on fire, it's a pretty nice place to be. It's a nice place. Things are so bad that assistant coach Alex Jensen has left the team to take the job with the University of Utah's men's basketball team, so that I did not know existed, but he played for them.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that is actually like a common thing that's happening in the NBA because of Nil And now you have like former gms running, so that's you're going to see that more and more. You have to see it in colleges and you're going to see it happening mid season.
Speaker 2: Master p Run he runs the I think the University of New Orleans college basketball program. Now that makes sense to gmm yeah, make them say well, em it's soldiers.
Speaker 1: There is a a player on the Mavericks whose dad is describing the current situation of the Mavsis purgatory. We'll get into that and around the sports, but it all reminds me of the intro.
Speaker 2: Dark time. Boys. Right now, you're ready, right right right.
Speaker 4: Right with ef it with I'll show you're going ruling ahead, except you are similar. We pursuing it huddled out shaw shank through the sewer.
Speaker 2: Kid.
Speaker 4: Now we're chilling at day eagle. Yeah, we're doing it. Three o'clock on the dock. Got a habit for my house and got status. Howard starting to get cratic. Shows that en up multiplied like a rabbit to the end. Zone out, crank it up, feed the habit.
Speaker 2: I'm on anything how with a friend rocking it on the radio. Mom, homeboys in this game talking on the radio. It's time to this all at Steen in.
Speaker 5: All the radio.
Speaker 2: All right, So you guys remember the story from really over a year ago where three people, uh they were chiefs fans, and they were hanging out at a house and uh to go watch the Chiefs playoff games. They're hanging out and then three of them died. We have now finally, after all this time, found out the cause of death. What is it, Kevin? These are three guys that are in their thirties and hold on, we should say this.
Speaker 1: They were hanging out with a dude that didn't he have access to like a bunch of pills and dope.
Speaker 2: So two other guys that were there, but the guy's houses Jordan Willis is the name of the guys. It was his rental home. Was it super cold? Also? Yeah, but there were certain guys were found dead in the backyard.
Speaker 1: But there was some drug thing with the guy, right, didn't he like wouldn't he a pharmaceutical rep or some crazy things?
Speaker 2: You know what? I actually don't remember that and haven't seen that in today's story. But when they searched the home, they found a couple of bags of you know, here's a white pottery substance. It's one of the one of the bags came back as cocaine. Nice. The other one did not nice. Just strange. Right, here's what they're going with and he guesses. And this is a big story because these these bodies were found like decaying in the backyard. I've got a guess, frozen to death. I've got a guess. All of their pacemakers stopped working three weeks ago. Okay, no, not gene hacking.
Speaker 3: Fron story.
Speaker 2: Cocaine overdose, ice cold cocaine.
Speaker 3: You said. The other one wasn't cocaine, so sugar overdose.
Speaker 2: It was sugar. We found out it was too much sugar, ventanol and cocaine. Conbind TUXI said it happens. The guy who rented the home, He's like, I'm telling you I didn't do it. I looked forward to my day in court. These were my friends. I have never done this. There's another guy, though, who's charged as well, and I think people are trying to think, like, yeah, this guy is there, and he really wasn't in the friend group. Probably a dealer of some sort, and he's the guy who might end up carrying the whole of these guys. Both might both of them might go to prison. The other guy's name is mister Carson. I didn't have a first name on him. It's kind of weird. What if his first name was mister. Uh, that's a good we should get that name going.
Speaker 1: Actually, what if his name first name was Johnny but it was Carson weird wild stuff this story.
Speaker 2: You'd have to go by John or Jonathan because you wouldn't have to be the second most famous person with your name. Trust me, I live it every day. Is the third most famous Kevin Turner. I can't think of another Kevin Turner. I think you're CEO of Microsoft and uh former NFL player Kevin Turner full back for the Eagles would.
Speaker 1: Have been if you would have married a woman named Tina, it would have been weird, right, Yeah, did you ever think of going by Tina Christina?
Speaker 3: No, no, Tina, because well because Napoleon Dynamite, he says, you know, it's just not that came out for thirteen like you still, it's just not a.
Speaker 2: Good You could have been Tina Christina? What about Uh? What about Tina? Tina Christina? What about christ No christ Ray? No, christ Ray is dope. Chris. That does sound like some of the DJs we have in the station. Sometimes you have Shroom.
Speaker 1: Yeah, christ tonight, I need to check in with Shroom because he may have stopped watching the MAVs, but he was a big MAVs fan.
Speaker 2: Oh shroom. It all comes back to them these days, it does. I just I was weird. This story has been sitting there for a year then people forgot about it. Hold On, that's a month. I do go, what happened to that? Hold On?
Speaker 1: Here's the If there's another white powder, then John Carson might be the drug dealer. But you know, people that sell coke usually have some other white powder to cut it with, to dilute it, and so he probably really diluted down the coke and then put a little fentanyl in there so that it would still get a pop, and then had some other baking soda or sugar whatever that other white powder is.
Speaker 2: So John Carson is your drug dealer.
Speaker 1: That's what's crazy about fentanyl. Like a kid could just think they're taking some social pill or something and it's got fentanyl in it and just a few salt gram sizes, you know, molecules in it or whatever, and they're dead.
Speaker 2: I need to have that talk with my son again. God, scary man, he's just so effing cocky.
Speaker 1: Oh at that age they think they know everything. Dad, I'm not gonna do drugs.
Speaker 2: Why are you bringing it up? I'm like, come on, man, wait, did you start that conversation? He bring it out? No?
Speaker 1: No, I started, all right, dude, I know, man, you're not gonna tell anything. I already have seen it on the internet. Man, that's kind of true.
Speaker 2: Actually on that one.
Speaker 1: Do I have to take my earbuds out for this? My son the same age, It's like, Dad, the SAT doesn't even matter anymore?
Speaker 2: Right, Like? What right? What if I was your son, I'd be like, dude, you haven't seen Succession yet?
Speaker 3: Dude. I started watching it just like two nights ago. I think I'm halfway through season one already. It's fantastic, so good, it's hard to stop watching.
Speaker 2: I'm going to join you. I'm gonna get caught up tonight. Also, what you say, dad, what you watched Succession? Finally?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 2: It's been two years.
Speaker 1: Yeah, dude, seventeen year olds really care about those HBO series, right, exactly? All right, we're off and running today on a Thursday, we'll go around the sports coming up at four to ten.
Speaker 2: But where are we gonna go next to? Bad thing happened on a boat and you didn't need to tease anything else? A bad thing happened on a boat. That's next Hot Gods come stay on top in the wood shovel. The lead story was that something bad happened on a boat, and we will get to that in a minute. See I'm burying the lead.
Speaker 3: Did you see like an s A.
Speaker 2: Well, what I did is I teased it and then we're teasing it further. We're testing the patience of the listeners on a Thursday. So you guys remember Firefest, Oh yeah, never forget it. Two documentaries about it. Billy McFarlane, the guy created Firefest, jaw Rule, they actually booked Blanky two eighty two did play. Jaw Rule got heavily involved. Then Billy McFarlane, the creator had du a little jail time. It happened five years. I think, well, he's been a little cocky over the last year and he's like, we're doing Firefest too, and details coming and let's go, let's do BFD at Firefest. Okay, it is okay.
Speaker 1: I find it, on one hand, hard to believe that he would be able to do such things, and he's already gone to prison time because the first one was such a scam. But I do think the general public people in general are stupid enough to fall for it again. And it's already got branding equity.
Speaker 2: The name of its out. There's the same reason they make dumb sequels to bad movies. You think about all these things that you think about the documentaries what happened, You think about the sandwich picture, You think about the guy who said, look, if I need to go s a little d for some bottles of water, he.
Speaker 1: Was willing to do that, and had he threw that out there, ye right, we have plenty of water. You still I'm saying I would do that for more water.
Speaker 2: We just needed a few more gallons. Okay, man, that's what he said.
Speaker 1: I am so offended by Christina laughing at that. Oh you laughed, louder I did, didn't I.
Speaker 2: So, you know, he went on Instagram and he's been defending this lately because people are like, Okay, you're not going to do it. You're not going to do it. But he made the official announcement and saying that, and this is eight years after the original you know happened. Now, Well, the tourism board at the islands that he's planning to do this at. I love muheras I like the island of women. They're like, no, we don't have anything. No one's contacted us about anything, and we would never take on a fake festival. So no, so we don't know is this happening or not. They're like, this doesn't exist. And Billy is like my partners and I ever made in communication with local and state government and all this stuff. It's very now they put ticket prices online and all that and luxury experiences that you know they're not gonna have.
Speaker 3: How much are the tickets right now?
Speaker 2: You know what, that's a good question. Let me go to firefest dot com.
Speaker 1: Is that other guy popping up going If I have to give some HJS to make this happen, I absolutely will.
Speaker 2: I'm on the website, believe it or not. The website doesn't work very well. So there, that's good.
Speaker 1: God, I think that's I like what Ben's thinking about it. It makes it even more intriguing and mysterious. Right, yeah, right, it really happened, and this is all free pub now you're talking about it on the Eagle.
Speaker 2: Now, and and look how it's worked out for the island of Moharis. Right. They're like, we did agreed to nothing.
Speaker 1: I think over in the Mediterranean, the island of Lesbos is like, hey, we went in on this too.
Speaker 2: Yeah, dude, did you ever go to the island of Lesbos? I've always wanted to go. No, I have it. Tickets for Firefest too went on sale at the end of February. I found it fourteen hundred to twenty five thousand dollars. Yeah. Oh, they also got the one million dollar package took you get that one, okay, so you get to join Blink one. Okay. Refundable ticket options have been guaranteed. Should the festival be canceled, May thirtieth through June second, is the time Billy said yes, let's say Thursday said Tuesday. We have talent artist, athletes and other performers are on board and scheduled for fire to one of those athletes, Antonio Brown. Nice steer. That definitely lines up pretty stable. All right, so you know, more updates on Firefest as needed. Let's talk about what happened on that boat. So there's a cruise called the Eighties Cruise. For instance, I'll go to you last year's lineup. Could you just see that last year's lineup, not this year? Was Wang Chung? Hell yeah? Air supply, Hell Yeah, Soft Cell Dog, the English Beat, Debbie Gibson and thirty eight Special.
Speaker 1: God thirty eight Special doesn't match any of those thirty eight Specialist Badass, I agree, dude, the best thing on there. In fact, I would probably just go on Liner. I'd just go on to thirty eight Special Cruise.
Speaker 2: Do you know? All right? What are their songs? Hold on Loosely and don't let go out now? Before we get into what happened that's bad on the boat, let me tell you next year the twenty twenty six eighties cruise and lineup is out, all right, Brett Michaels, Al Rogers and Chic hold on Brett Michael oh from uh Poison? Yeah okay, Gary Newman, Wait, go back? Did you say Chic cars Billy Ocean? I think Sheik is more than seventies man. I think one of your family members Berlin. Uh yeah, so my wife's cousin is the keyboard player for Berlin. Which one? Uh the gay picture of It's pretty good, the gay one. They all look a little gay.
Speaker 1: Uh they So they got real interesting because they were like a new wave Cali band that started playing like a lot of right wing conservative parties.
Speaker 2: Next year, Sugarhill Gang. Okay, you don't get all of the guns and roses, but you do get Steven Adler ouch. So the number fourth rank guns and rows quiet right, men without hats? Rob Bass, cool o D And there's your uh, there's your next year. Look at at at this cruise. Rob Bass had it's it takes two to do you have any other songs? Yeah? He had Join and Pain. Oh that's right, Joy and Pain.
Speaker 1: Come on, come on, come on Sunshine, Yeah, yeah and rain give it up, to give it up.
Speaker 2: So it's a seven day cruise. And here's the catch. You know, you can see all these you know, these icons in the eighties and they also hang out with you. Oh allegedly, you got nothing else to do, you're cruise. I want to hang out with the two Old Queens and Soft Cell. So here's a few of the bands that were on this year. Minute Work, Tiffany, adam Ant, Squeeze.
Speaker 1: Dude, adam Ant. I'd like to take a moment to give him his props. Seriously, there's really never.
Speaker 2: Been anyone like adam Ant. He kind of had he kind of man.
Speaker 1: It was kind of new wavy, kind of pop, kind of little bit punk and he dressed like a pirate and his name was Adam Ant.
Speaker 2: I mean that guy. F's what his songs, uh, desper it yeah, but not series and then ant music, dum dum, dundump, well do you do good? Don't drink?
Speaker 1: Don't It was like swing what not swing type of it. So it's the same era as like Stray Cats. It kind of had a little He was a British guy, kind of had a little bit of the clash, a little bit of new wave.
Speaker 2: He was really his own thing. Man. He was sort of like a more watered down Billy Idol and he got so much on the pantheon of rock beast. He's an ant turn it up.
Speaker 3: Yeah, this is the video, so.
Speaker 2: This is ant music and it's not the proper sonics. I don't like it. Just wait. I just feels like I have on this side of the podcast. Oh all right, James prompts. He doesn't matter to this story. He's there. You brought him up. The glam metal band Faster Pussycat Let's Go is your headliner, not the headlining act on the cruise, but they've become the headliner. Is there? One of the bands something Bad app fiance of the lead singer A Faster pussy Cat was a fifty six year old woman by the name of Kimberly Birch, and I said it was because she's presumed dead. She fell overboard after an argument with lead singer Timey Down. His name is spelled t A I M E. Timy. Yeah, maybe it's Tamy who they were engaged together. Yeah, Okay, it's unclear if she jumped or accidentally fell, but there's witnesses and they're like like that they were arguing. It's allegedly on camera too. According to this passenger who got contacted by the Hollywood reporter, this feels so Natalie Wood Dude. Squeeze was the band playing that night. There was an announcement over the PA saying someone went overboard, so the ship was going to stop and turn around and try to locate the person. The ship stopped for a few hours. My wife spoke with some people on one of the decks saying that they heard it was a woman and it was caught on camera. Eventually the ship powered up and off we went. Was was Paul Carrick singing with Squeeze. I have no idea on that one. So they never found her. No, they didn't find her. They the US Coast Guard took over after they kind of went back for a couple hours, like they stopped, like, okay, let's get some boats faster. Pussy Cats to had a job to do though, Oh my oh. And they went out, Oh my god, without the lead singer and did covers.
Speaker 1: Okay, they went cruise. No, they just did instrumental versions of all their songs.
Speaker 2: So everyone, what did he do? Just go to try to get a copy of the tape? I wonder? Yeah, right, No, he actually joined Squeeze on stage. He had joined Adam Man. I heard Paul Carrick wasn't going to be with them, so I'll join them. That is now the number two reason I would never like to go in the cruise, because maybe three. What are the others? Well, one is the Pooh virus, Yeah if you could, I mean it's easily obtained. Two is just being trapped somewhere in that feeling of being trapped because the implication, yeah, just like no where to go, and like if you're bored, I don't want to be here anymore. So what am I going to do? I might panic and jump right, Maybe that's what happened.
Speaker 1: I do have that sensation, like if you're looking over something, you're looking over at a super hall time, there's.
Speaker 2: Something in you. It's like jump. So you just admitted to something that really weird, and I'm concerned.
Speaker 3: I'm worrying. My mind does the same mind. It's just like when you have a knife in your hand, you're like, oh, cut your hand. Oh my god, Christina, this weird thing in your head that just goes off.
Speaker 1: Let me get you a one eight hundred number. What does the voice sound like, Christina that tells.
Speaker 2: You, yeah, exactly like that, you squirted a little bit. Whatever.
Speaker 1: I see a knife on a table, now, there's a voice in my head that says, do not be around Christina a knife.
Speaker 2: Well, I'll never go to a steakhouse with Christina.
Speaker 3: Just keep the knives away from me.
Speaker 2: It's fine. So more details will will come from this if you find a tape that is alleged from a passenger's wife on the cruise. I heard there's a tape.
Speaker 1: Hell you didn't And not only that, not only that they're fans of the band Faster pussy Cat. Can you really trust any of these people?
Speaker 2: It's not like they were having trouble filling out the lineup this year if they had to, Adam ant and.
Speaker 1: Adam Man is badass, and he's already dressed like a pirate, so it makes sense for a cruise ship.
Speaker 3: The one cool thing about him, he is dressed like a pirate, a really cool pirate.
Speaker 2: It's also weird that men and work are still men at work like you do. They're playing over kill, they're doing is homie with them? Or did they replace him? How do you be men at work without Colin?
Speaker 1: Hey, dude, he's a solo artist. Now he can he can go do all those songs on his own and fill up the majesty.
Speaker 2: Who's the lad singer? That's what I'm saying. I'm sure they replaced him, the guy from Faster pussy Cat, the Asian guy from Journey. I'm available. All right. There you have it.
Speaker 1: There is the Hollywood shuffles. You sound surprised. I didn't have a lot of faith in him. Yeah, he came through though, solid solid, all right? Coming up next and around the sports, what do you have on deck?
Speaker 2: Kevin Well? Klay Thompson's dad does radio, and he said something that we should investigate next.
Speaker 1: All right, Ben Rogers, Jeff skin Wade, Christina Kray, Cornbread not cornbread Ray, Kevin KT Turner. Appreciate y'all listening to the benin Skin Show. Some of you want to hear the show with no music. If you'd like to do that, you can listen to the podcast. It's on the iHeart app in single serving podcast. So each day the podcast is about an hour long. Some of you want to rock out with your crocs out the whole time, and you can do that too. This segment right here is brought to you by her Totto Barbecue, some of the best barbecue could ever have in your life. Locations in Mansfield, Arlington, Fort Worth, two locations at Global if Field, one brand new location in Dallas at the Dallas Farmers Market. Brandon Hurtado's own spin on Mexicue Mexican barbecue family recipes passed down. This is some of the best barbecue could ever taste in your life, your life.
Speaker 2: Right now, it's time for this Bob's good listeners. Here comes KT fun tweets were the round, Yes, now let's go around the sports KT so he has.
Speaker 5: All the sports.
Speaker 2: Ye listen to a little bit of audio here. Michael Thompson does radio out there in LA. He's the father of Klay. Thompson played for the Lakers for many years. Wanted Clay to sign with the Lakers. Clay, who knows what he's thinking now, But here's a Michael Thompson. He's taken a call on radio from the guy who called OJ to ask OJ if he still played for the forty nine ers ever since.
Speaker 3: That horrible Kyrie injury, and see, have you talked to Clay and how was he doing.
Speaker 2: I'm pretty sure when he signed with the Maths he didn't expect this disasters of a season at all. No, not at all.
Speaker 6: He thought with Luca and Kyrie there, they had a chance to get back to the finals. Obviously, Luca left when I told him, well, when eighty's coming, you still got a chance to get to the finals, because eighty is that good. And he's hurt, and then Gaffer got hurt, that likely got hurt, So yeah, he's Kurt. Clay is stuck in purgatory right now. And if they hang on to the tenn seed, that will be the story of the year in the NBA, because they I think they're gonna lose ten in a row.
Speaker 2: Would you even bring ad back at this point the season's lost? I don't know.
Speaker 6: Makes that's a great question. No, Kyrie, Now if you can get I would not. I would not either get into two other bigs back. You got a chance at least to what get to the first round and to try to get out of it. But Kyrie, I think they can forget about going to the fire.
Speaker 2: Is the co host name Miggs.
Speaker 1: That is interesting that Klay Thompson's dad calls this purgatory and we wonder, like what happens after this season? You know, to what happens? What does a d want to do? Because because Kai is going to be out for a while. You know, I've had one doctor told me that, you know, he didn't look at Kyrie obviously, but he's like, hey man, he's looking at nine months to a year. I heard other people on another sports talk station thinking that he'll only miss half of next season.
Speaker 2: I don't. I don't, I don't know, I don't. It depends how quickly he recovers, how how bad it is. I guess.
Speaker 1: But if you're Anthony Davis and the clock is winding down on your career, I don't know what's in his head.
Speaker 2: I don't know how he looks at it.
Speaker 1: He may not like, if you look at the Mavericks next year and you're gonna be without Kai for sixty games, you may look at that as not that great of a situation.
Speaker 2: I don't know. I'm just thinking out loud.
Speaker 1: And you know, we saw a report the other day that Ad and his team may give this serious consideration, may have some tough conversations.
Speaker 2: I don't know how all that's gonna go.
Speaker 1: But this knee injury is catastrophic on so many levels that it's not just this year, it's next year too. And I don't know how Clay feels about that. But he makes a lot of money, so I don't know if he could. I don't know if there's a team who could trade for Clay either.
Speaker 2: You know Clay.
Speaker 1: So I thought Clay signed a four year deal. He signed a three year deal, so he's got two years left. Looking at Anthony Davis's deal, he's got a player option after two years, so in other words, he's all of next year and all of the year after that, and then has a player option for that final year. At the age of thirty four, when he's sched to make sixty three million. I think, like you know, who knows within injury or recovery, But realistically, if you put it at that eleven month mark, then Kyrie would be hitting the court. But you know, it's like he's probably going to hit the court on some sort of a minute restriction. But he had hit the court at the beginning of February, right, and then February they play fewer games that month because you have a whole week off for the All Star Break. So realistically, you know, depending on let's say it's normal rehab for people his age, and then like I was talking to somebody last night that they were like, well, you know, it's easier, not easier, but it's not as difficult for smaller guys to recover from acl than bigger guys.
Speaker 2: It's the bigger guys that generally lean towards twelve months.
Speaker 1: So I think, realistically, if you said, all right, it's going to take him eleven months, then he's going to be.
Speaker 2: Back with a couple of weeks to go before the trade deadline.
Speaker 1: I saw the All Star break, I saw one report this morning, and again everyone talking fast and furious about how Ludacris trove that car up into space.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but who knows what's real and what's not.
Speaker 1: But I saw somebody speculating that Kyrie would even ask for a trade this offseason now, and that was that's a bad report. That's player that can opt out, right, But I think so much of it depends on what AD wants to do. Because if Anthony Davis doesn't want to be here, and we don't know that, but that changes things, right, And I don't know, man, they they shrunk their timeline so much with this trade because Ad is so much older than Luca that now they're painted into a corner with all these injuries.
Speaker 2: I just I have no idea how to go.
Speaker 1: If they could in the off season, if they could add another you know, creator, and I'm not even talking about like an elite guy, but if they could add someone that exists somewhere between the realm of elite Kyrie and you know, we're Spencer Dinwood, he is at this stage in his career. If they could add someone in between that space and they're going to bring the whole team back, then conceivably they could bide time until Kyrie gets back. But you know, coming back from those kinds of injuries, you just can't really project what the player is going to be. And this is Kyrie's third major injury and he's thirty two, I think, so it's just really hard to project out what that looks like. But you know, the Mavericks would with a with a healthy roster and no Kyrie because you have the offseason to add more assets, you know, and so if they added the right person, they could stay in the mix until the West in the Western Conference, until they added Kyrie, and then make another run at it. But projecting what Kyrie is going to be at that age after that third major injury, it's just very, very difficult to project that sort of thing. There's also all these reports that the MAVs are going to be one of the four or five teams that are going to try to get Kevin Durant. That will not go That report will not go away. I talked to someone else last night, so was like, that report ain't going away. Yeah, I don't know that I want that, Like, I don't. I mean, I guess it depends on what the options are. But I mean, he's going to be thirty six. You're talking about super microwaving that window to where it's tiny. And what I want is, I don't I don't want to bring in a bunch of guys that I don't really have a connection to and go for it for one year or two years, or to.
Speaker 2: Try to buy it with a super team.
Speaker 1: What I'd really like to see is go for it over a decade with a bunch of young prospects that I'm bought in on.
Speaker 2: Does that make sense? It does, But like you're so far removed from that.
Speaker 1: You know, who has the longest tenure on the Mavericks besides Dwight Palell, Tyrie, Oh Hardy, Jayden Hardy, Jayden Hardy, Holy crap, right, Which so in other words, that scenario is so gone. Well, they may be, that's what it depends on the ADCT. But if you could get a slew of first round picks for a D I would think, oh yeah, yeah, yeah, absolutely, And uh, you know, I guess my my response to that is, do you feel like, do you feel connected to Gafford and PJ.
Speaker 2: Washington Junior? Yeah? I mean they've been here a year, right, and so it's like, but that's not what did But if they had to go, yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and that's just kind of my my point about about what the NBA kind of is now, Like Oklahoma City has a very unique situation, but they're also a small market, right Like I don't I haven't looked. I at the longest tenured Laker might be Austin Reeves. It is aust mentioned Barbecue. I just I would rather sell. I would rather tear it down to the studs and rebuild. You have your pick this year. You have your pick yet next year. I'd rather tank the rest of this season, tank next year. And I know that's easier said than that. I'm just thinking hypothetically, in this video game world.
Speaker 2: You're saying, when there's nothing left to burn, you have to set yourself on top. I'm just saying, do you got it? Go get as many picks as you can and hit the reset button.
Speaker 6: Do you guys?
Speaker 1: If you do that, do you guys want to keep Gafford Lively in Washington Junior? That's tough, So it depends on what you could get for everybody, but you could get a lot for Lively, I mean a lot.
Speaker 2: Yeah, No, I want to keep it.
Speaker 1: I think I think Lively would be the one you would hold on to, but I'd take you on loosely and don't let go and don't let go.
Speaker 2: If you hold too tightly, you're gonna lose control. Right.
Speaker 1: But with GAFFERD and PJ, I think if there was a huge return to be had for those guys, I guess I would.
Speaker 2: Can. I just think you're looking at a long rebuild. I've been in the business so long, you know, like you so so connected, So for me, like I have to check the gauge of other people because like being connected to players, there is just guys. To me, Lively is the one that I know, like, that's the one that would make my wife, who doesn't watch every game, that would be the one that you go, oh, my god, loves life. Why do all these women love Derek Lively?
Speaker 3: I love him too.
Speaker 2: There's something that's there's got something going on there, but it's it's also he just his story, yeah, the story. Yeah, but it also he exudes greatness. But that's that's that.
Speaker 1: I think you just keep as many of your young guys as you can, and you sell off everything else and you rebuild, and you hope you can find a young superstar to lead your team.
Speaker 2: I love Omax I'd trade him if we could get something back for m It's fun. This is where it gets fun. Building this team back is going to be fun. And that's the joy of being a MAVs fan. You see how I've done that. I like what you did. That was good.
Speaker 1: Oh but there's going to be a ton of rumors out there. I mean, you're not going to be able to avoid it. They're going to be everywhere and the MAVs are going to be in the mix and a lot of this stuff.
Speaker 2: This is my plan. Delete social media. That's a good plan, dude. I'll see none of the reports. Ah, that's great, Kevin. Good job.
Speaker 1: All right, he's Kevin Turner. Coming up next on the Ben and Skin Show. Let's do the segment that we never ever podcast. You gotta listen live to get rewarded with the Today Game. Oh yes, This segment right here is brought to you by our friends at Andrews American Pizza Kitchen. Just one location in town, but it was voted best pizzeria and all of DFW by readers of the Dallas Morning News. Stop by Andrews American Pizza Kitchen and Plano. It's at Preston and Plano Parkway, and it is exquisite. It is magical, awesome, awesome pizza. It's a great place to watch sports TVs in there, great craft beer selection, delicious pasta on top of the best pizza in all of DFW. So stop by Andrews American Pizza Kitchen in Plano.
Speaker 2: But right now it's time for this, And now it's.
Speaker 5: Time for Basis Sweet Day Day, featuring veteran news anchor kt fon tweets. Here are the important stories he's currently tracking from around the world.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that saving time Sunday, you know, spring forward remember huge Bok reminder. Great job. We have our nominees for the World Video Game Hall of Fame, the twelve finalist.
Speaker 1: These are twelve new ones that that just ones that aren't in for whatever reason. They might necessarily necessarily be new y.
Speaker 2: Some have been nominated. Some of these are Darren Woodson's and they were trying to get in for years.
Speaker 1: Is there any of this that has anything to do with the Video Game Museum in Frisco? I don't think so, Tim, because that place is badass. Did you Yeah, we did a show from it. Was that when we were on the Freak.
Speaker 2: Mister Bings. I don't remember it there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that that place was really cool. I remember we toured it and had a meeting there. Did we do a show there too?
Speaker 2: Oh? Maybe we never actually did the show actually there or was it like this touring thing that just for a weekend.
Speaker 1: The Video Game Hall of Fame is located in Frisco. It's not that far from like We're City Hall and Babes and all that stuff is. There's also nerd Vana is there, and that place is owned by these folks that created one of the most popular video games there is. I can't remember what it is. I can't remember what it's called, but there's some badass video game where people have tournaments.
Speaker 2: It's in Ball. It's one of like the top five video games of all time.
Speaker 1: But keep going, Donkey Kong, pack Man, Missus pac Man, No Baby pack Gallaga, oh uh.
Speaker 2: Berserk Defender? What's song with the ostriches? Joust? We're not gonna have time to get to these nominees. Now, it's your fault. You started rattling all those off. Have you not played Joust? Christina?
Speaker 3: No, but I read a book where they did play Joust, So yeah, Ready player two, Ready Player one. I am currently reading Ready Player two.
Speaker 2: Girl. I just don't know. I don't play whatever game it is, but I know it's wildly popular. Here's the test. Here, here's the assignment. They're gonna be twelve nominees. You're gonna write down three. Did we name any of them? Check our votes? You know the name of As you go, be ready to vote for three? Oh?
Speaker 1: So is it one of those deals are like, once I vote, I can't go back later and check again.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, yeah, just right, as we go though, alphabetical alphabetical, I go the dolphin?
Speaker 3: Is that on there?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: And that's E. So we'll start at A. By the way, here's the criterion to get in there, longevity influence on game design, pop culture. And then I'm adding my criteria is how kick assid is? Okay?
Speaker 6: All right?
Speaker 2: Age of Empires never even heard? This is Microsoft's best selling PC game back in the late nineties. Do y'all know that? That's back in the day I was playing load Runner, load Runner, gross game. Hey guys, have got a bucket here? Angry birds hell? Yes, two thousand and nine. Trying to get in here turned into a movie. Tons of merch.
Speaker 1: A man quit editorializing Call of Dude. Well, I'm giving you more information on these candidates. Call of Duty four Modern Warfare. This one came out in two thousand and seven.
Speaker 2: It's not in It's not in Call.
Speaker 1: Of Duty four. You know, I maybe I heard they skipped three. Yeah, I mean, who knows Modern Warfare?
Speaker 2: Though? You hear people I was playing Modern Warfare. They were actually telling you they were playing Call of Duty four. Do you never knew?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 2: M Defender? Hell? Yes, let's eighty one? How is that not in scrolling shooter video game? How is that? God? I would have guessed eighty three. It was nominated back in twenty twenty three. Should have got in back then. Didn't though it's so good. Frogger?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, wait, can we guess the year on the older ones? Nineteen eighty two on Frogger? Yeah, I didn't look the age up on that one.
Speaker 2: Way to Go. I was trying to I didn't think we would need by biograph information on that one. It was eighty one. Okay. You know I had a PlayStation. They would sometimes have these little at the walmart of the target that had these little clearance rack games on a PlayStation disc where they'd be like four ninety nine and you can easily talk your parents into I don't even want a new game, just want a couple of these, and Frogger was one of them. Play Frogger on PlayStation was kind of cool. Jump on that log, jump on that log, jump back off of it, and then get smashed. GoldenEye. Okay, that is one of the greatest video games of all time. Oh my god, is that some James Bond stuff? Is Nintendo sixty four? This is late or a mid to late nineties. This is really the I don't know if it's the invention of the first time that you had multiples. You know, you could play with four people at once, so kind of a shooter game, but with all the people playing you didn't think that was possible. Then it was James Bond, it was Pierce brosn Is James Bond? Nice Golden Oh yes, wow? And then Golden Shower No yep, which, by the way, weird game. Gotta be over eighteen to get it. Yeah, strange. Harvest Moon. Isn't that that book been read about Native Americans? Know? That's the Killers of the Flower Moon. There was another one too. Harvest Moon is in nineteen ninety six farming game. And the way it's described as a very laid back, casual game in a world of violent and shooter games that were happening.
Speaker 3: That's what's weird. I know a lot of people loved it, but I never played that.
Speaker 2: I'll say Harvest Moon, creepy song by Neil Young, Yeah, that song always gives me the he be GBI's. I think it's good, but it gives me the hebes and the jeebs. Mattel Football, Oh my god, I loved that nineteen cheven to cheven first blockbuster handheld football game. How is that not? It was like a huge game in my family. Yeah, huge, I mean my I remember my cousins having those, you know, and it's probably the oldest this cousins born in like eighty four or something or eighty two, but having those and like realizing that was the gateway to the game Boy. And here's why it's not in I think because the graphics are dog crap. Well they're dots or dash, yes, dashes. Quake one of the first esports games whose first shooter software became an industry standard. So Quake never heard of it.
Speaker 3: I'm pretty sure we played that in high school quake, Like in our class we had to build maps for quake. I think that's the one I'm thinking.
Speaker 2: Okay, NBA, I'd never heard of it before. To NBA two K started in nineteen ninety nine on Sega Dreamcast and look at it now?
Speaker 5: Not in?
Speaker 2: Not in? Are they like hyper selective? Oh? Yeah? Usually five get in four or five get in. Last year your headliner was asteroids. Which asteroids have been trying to get in since the sixties? Wow? Wow, I loved asteroids. Lastly, Tomagotchi? What which bridge? Toys and video games in ninety six? Pick your three? Put three on your ballad here, let's go through them again. Age of Empires, Angry Birds, Call of DWTY four, Modern Warfare, Defender, Frogger, GoldenEye, Golden Tea, Golden Shower, Harvest Moon, Mattel, Football, Quake, NBA two K, and Tomagotchi. I didn't try to spell Toma Gotchi.
Speaker 3: I have a stupid Tomagotchi app on my phone.
Speaker 2: Speaking of what, you have a Hall of Fame app? I do, dude, I just realized the Rangers should do Tomagotchi Grieve Night. It'd be great.
Speaker 3: You feed them hot dogs there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, a little glizzies do they what are these? Do? They still call it two K?
Speaker 3: Huh?
Speaker 2: They just like the PGA two K now, But I think the basketball game is still two K NB a twok. You know, back in the late nights, NBA Live was the other one, and that was the EA Sports and then NBA two K slowly passed it is that I know my son.
Speaker 1: One of the ways he's grieving the trade is he's gone back taking over the twenty eighteen MAVs in two K.
Speaker 2: Franchise turned them into title contenders. Right, what do you do with Dennis Smith Junior. I'll have to find out. He's yelled at him a lot. Yeah, I doubt he trades Luca though. All Right, one at a time. Here, we'll put the votes. I already know the three and it's no brainer. Christina, who's your first entry?
Speaker 3: My very first entry. I'm gonna put GoldenEye.
Speaker 2: There's one vote for Golden Eye.
Speaker 3: It was revolutionary. Like you said, Number two, I've got Frogger because that's still if you're at a bar and they have Frogger around, it's so fun.
Speaker 2: You're so fun.
Speaker 3: You're not not gonna not have fun playing that game.
Speaker 2: Why do you have to drink while playing it? Christina?
Speaker 3: Because it's me and Call of Duty KT COD four.
Speaker 2: Is Mike gonna be online later because I might have some time.
Speaker 3: He's actually back on Thieves right now.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, good now, it's fine. It's fine, skin.
Speaker 1: Kevin number one defender, Number two Frogger who votes for Froger into first place? Number three? Golden Tea. I had a Golden Tea bag that I would carry. It was like a like a shoulder bag and it had the Golden Tea logo on. It was dope, man, I loved it.
Speaker 2: Ben.
Speaker 1: I used to have a boss who all he wanted to do was for lunch go play Golden Ta for like two and a half hours. And it was great because he was my boss, you know what I mean. So I would just go with him and we'd play Golden Ta for two and a half hours. Such a great game. Oh, it's a great game, I would say COD because I used to love Call of Duty. But they made it too hard. The skill based matchmaking is out of whack. It sucks down too hard, too many sweats. I'm gonna say, I'm gonna go with Frogger.
Speaker 2: Oh, it's in.
Speaker 1: It's a tremendous injustice that it's not already in. It's one of the greatest video games ever.
Speaker 2: It's in.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna go MATEL Football, just because you got to give respect to the ogs.
Speaker 2: That was one of them. I regret not putting that.
Speaker 1: In, Ben and I really, I really like GoldenEye, but I just played way more two K.
Speaker 2: So I'm gonna go with NBA two K. Yes, two K, that's good. That's a good list. Frogger's in wide open for who else gets in. I'm gonna go Angry Birds. I thought about it. Yeah, hard, hard not to go with that. That's a good one. I wrote down GoldenEye, Okay, it was cool and I was not even like a big into the sixty four guy. It also wrote down Frogger. So why's in? Unanimously? That means GoldenEye would get in as second place. Now we have to determine and the next ninety seconds the third one Angry Birds. You get one vote every once, and Angry Birds cod for Defender, Golden Tea or MATEL Football and NBA two K.
Speaker 1: So what if we I don't understand, what if we all just stick with the We just stick with the same thing we already nominated.
Speaker 2: That'd be pretty gets one vote of those six. But let's just say you can't vote for what you nominate.
Speaker 3: Okay, yeah that way, Yeah, okay, Okay, Christina, I'll go Angry Birds.
Speaker 1: Then Skin, we're gonna be I'm going to tell football, so we're not gonna get anywhere.
Speaker 2: I'll go Golden Tea. I too would be going Golden tea. Broger, GoldenEye, Golden Tea. Congratulations, you've been nominated. It's the World Video Game Hall of Fame. That's incredible. Here's your plaque. Yep, shell got thirty seconds. Now, why don't we just tease what we're doing next? All right?
Speaker 1: Coming up next? What would you like to change about public bathrooms? KT has been spending a lot of time hanging out in public bathrooms, just taking notes, meeting guys and finding out what they'd like to change about the bathroom. A lot of bathrooms, small talk, the results of his studies. Next, it's funny because it's true. Ah, yes, happy afternoon, everybody. It's the Binning Skin Show ninety some point one The Eagle. I hope you're out there driving safe.
Speaker 2: You know what I mean.
Speaker 1: Drive safe, don't be a wild ass. So we always tell people if you're driving up to roller Town beer Works in Solana, drive safe arriving and leaving. This is the brewery up there that Ben and I are partners in and they're the sponsors of this segment. And I personally would like to see you late Saturday afternoon because I'm going to be hanging out up there because we have our celebration of Heat on Saturday. What does that mean exactly? It's the return of the Mango have a Narrow Sour. It is one of our most storied beers. It is badass, and in honor of that, it's just a big celebration of taste Heat all day long, vendor market featuring por Vida, Hot Sauce, Hot Sauce and more. We have food trucks of Cheddarwill and Ricardo's Takorea, which is great, and then live music all day long.
Speaker 2: It's gonna be awesome. Think Gal Pacino and Val Kilmer will be there.
Speaker 1: Yes, Heat, It's gonna be great, and there's just gonna be a tiny moment, super brief where de Niro and Pacino are there together.
Speaker 2: Yeah, for the only time ever.
Speaker 1: And it's gonna we're gonna market it, and it's gonna everyone's gonna talk about it. And they're only gonna be in a diner together for like five minutes. Val Kilmer will only be there long enough for this Steve drop Valklimer.
Speaker 2: Then he'll leave and then he'll.
Speaker 1: Wave and but anyway, it's gonna be a great weekend at Rollertown. Go all weekend long. Oh, by the way, Jazzy's Tacos on Friday, Golly's just so great. And then if it's your favorite restaurant or bar, ask him to carry Rollertown Beer Works. Tell them that Benny Keith is the distributor, and they will get them what they need. But right now it's time.
Speaker 6: For this killa.
Speaker 1: Sell Kilmer.
Speaker 2: There's a survey from a company called the Bradley Company, and it's asked the public about some changes they might implement in public bathrooms. And these results I found to be quite interesting. There's quite a few things we can discuss here. Eighty six percent of adults think it would be valuable for restrooms and high traffic locations to have a display showing how many stalls are available, like the airport the same thing. Yeah, like sell airports.
Speaker 3: Okay, well DFW has that and it is amazing. For the actual bathrooms, yeah, like there's it's kind of like the parking lot.
Speaker 2: That's what I thought you were talking.
Speaker 3: It's exactly like the parking lot. Like they have little green lights above the stalls and if someone's in there, it turns.
Speaker 2: Red and they're great. It's so helpful.
Speaker 1: Have you guys been to the airport and done the whole walk in, grab whatever you need and then just walk out thing.
Speaker 2: It's overwhelming. Yeah, like they have it at the Ranger game now, yes, yes, okay, but that also seems like some expensive technol just so people can have convenient poops. I think you'll see in a lot of these things. Money will come into play with it. If implementing some of these.
Speaker 1: Things, and let me just say, for the high traffic areas, I think it would be helpful for them to know how many or how much of the overall space is taken up by a homeless person.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well that's usually convenience stores. Though, I think if you if you use this and take it, airport's a good plan or to a ball game or a concert.
Speaker 3: Concert because the women they just stand there. We don't know, they walk all the way down the thing.
Speaker 2: It's like fifty at this one. But I can see in my periphery there's thirty three open slots. But that's only going to be once a year that you go to a bowl game. No ballgame, yep, a ball game. I might go to multiple bowl games just to spite you next year. The survey also asked about implementing restroom timers. The results were an overwhelming thumbs down. Oh my god. No matter how these responses were sliced by gender demographics, whatever, Americans do not like the idea of being timed. No, we don't need a shot clock in there. And I would just like to take a quick story for my time at working at the sports authority in the late two thousands. Excellent, How is this not a recurring? Second? Do we don't have an intro for this? There are quite a few stories. But the guy who was selling shoes was like, I'm going to the bathroom, right, and uh, I was just to kind of hang out over there because he was funny and we just kind of, you know, well, the manager, Beverly was her name, was real mad about how long he would take in the bathroom, and she accosted him as he came out of the bathroom, and he said, there's no shot clock on rocking a deuce, right, And I was like, I don't know if she's gonna get that sports term. She should it's a sports authority. And it was great. It's like what do they call it?
Speaker 1: And the waters in the ocean when you it's like, hey, dude, we don't know what the laws are international waters.
Speaker 2: We don't know what the rules are out here. It's there is no shot clock on a due.
Speaker 1: I agree, it's really it just comes down to are you going to be able to walk away when you're done? Because I have been there in situations where I've cut off all the blood circulation of my lower extremities. Don't forget I event I stood up on a hurt ankle within a sleep foot and I fell back and crushed the water reservoir.
Speaker 2: I forgot about that. Freak.
Speaker 1: Jesus had to come change out the whole toilet. That's why we had don't we have a T shirt of freaking Jesus carrying.
Speaker 2: You on a toilet on a toilet. I got it on my wallet out.
Speaker 1: You went into the bathroom with four footprints and you left with two. And that's how you knew that you would never be alone while taking a deuce. Good.
Speaker 2: Yes, that's amazing. Yep. More stall privacy wanted. Seventy two percent of adults filled that public rushrooms don't provide enough personal space. Forty five percent suggests that they want stall doors that extend all the way to the floor. Then you can't look.
Speaker 1: Oh, I guess if you have an indie cater that someone's in there. Though you don't have to look below to see what the feet are. But whenever two people go into a work bathroom and they start talking negatively about their bosses, they need to look below the stalls to make sure there's no feet there. And if they're short, they're never gonna be able to see above the stalls. Yeah, that's going on there. I will say this. My brother one time got me into like the American Airlines Club, Like for you probably have been there, right.
Speaker 2: I used to have one with my MX.
Speaker 1: So it's like if you're traveling, it's like the most incredible bathroom you've ever seen, Like you can stake a shower, you sit down in there, it's total privacy, all the way to the roof to the floor.
Speaker 2: It's exquisite. It's just a room. It's just a room for you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yes, and it's that is truly awesome. And sometimes vacation there just to get away from my family. But again, like we're building a facility that's gonna have a ton of bathrooms, we ain't about to spend a bunch of extra money to make it go all the way down to the floor, or to put an electric signifier on there. It's taken. Why do people want it to go down to the floor, are they? I want people to see my sneakers.
Speaker 2: I think that's it. I think I think there are people like myself, whore uncomfortable doing that in a work bath Enron, I only do it at home.
Speaker 1: I'll never forget the time I was in a bathroom guy next to me who's making all sorts of terrible noises, and it smelled so bad that I wanted to get a picture of the shoes, Yeah, so I could.
Speaker 2: Know who it was.
Speaker 1: Well, I went to take a picture and realize the flash was on, so it lit up the whole karma.
Speaker 2: That's oh my god, it's terrible. That toilet. So you had that phone app that would say picture taking Ben Rogers, Oh no, turned that?
Speaker 3: Oh god?
Speaker 2: That mean why did I download that app thirty percent of day? To appreciate some sort of sound suppression, such as music playing to help improve privacy in a bathroom, I would love like for them to bump some system of a down in the bathroom that I thought that would be great. Dude, I love to hear chop suey, I'm going to down.
Speaker 1: You want some cover fire? Yeah, Like when somebody walks into the bathroom and I'm in there. Let's say that I got to do the devil's work right, and I'm in there, and I will wait for them to leave because I don't want them to hear my body and I don't want to hear their body.
Speaker 2: You'd like to hear much like suffocated.
Speaker 1: I mean, it's like, if someone walks in, even if I'm about to finish, I let them get in and out before I carry on with my business.
Speaker 2: Now, I don't want to have to interact with them, which is weird for me.
Speaker 1: If I go into the bathroom and someone's taking a deuce, they should be shamed, ashamed of that. Deuce and so they should wait for me to get in and out. But when you when you hit the urinal and you start seeing them finish up, you're like, wait, you're gonna time this where we're at the sink washing our hands at the same time.
Speaker 2: Are you sure you really want that smoke? Right? I'm not sure that I want that smoke. I don't want that smoke.
Speaker 1: What would be if there was an efficient way that's not I don't even know the technology. I'm sure it exists, but some sort of mister that pumped a smell into a bathroom, what would be the most appropriate?
Speaker 2: Its smell depends on the wedding cake? Wedding cake, lemon? Maybe I was thinking lavender.
Speaker 3: Okay, no labon, I don't like. Don't some bathrooms have that? I think our bathrooms here have that?
Speaker 1: Just girls, Can you take me in there later so I can check out the scene? What would you pick? Kt Uh?
Speaker 2: It depends on the season. Uh huh. You know you want more holiday you know, cinnamony type stuff in the in the winter, you want a seasonal bathroom fragrance to camouflage.
Speaker 1: Boot lemon cello in the spring. Yeah, who's tropical? If you're in the bathroom business and you want somebody to come back quickly. You put the smell of chili out there. They want to go eat chili and then they'll be right back. Okay, that's like counting the waste. That's like we built all these prisons, now we need prisoners out there.
Speaker 2: That's like the severance poop severance. They're counting your waist.
Speaker 1: Do you know what would be a bad decision is to pump in the smell of sewer. That again necessary.
Speaker 2: In terms of valuable amenities that Americans would like to see added, the top three requests are shelves or hooks to hang personal items, a restroom attendant to keep the space clean and that's stocked, and larger stalls. I don't want the restroom attendant. I don't like it. It's awkward. I rarely carry change. I hate it when they're in the stall with me.
Speaker 1: It would be pretty nice if here at work, you know, you could just get a splash of cologne and maybe a piece of gum.
Speaker 2: Eight bucks. They get to ask them to leave when you're doing your business, though, Like you don't want them in there while you're doing your business.
Speaker 3: Avoid eye contact yes, okay, I've.
Speaker 1: Mostly only seen those like terrible strip clubs, but there was. I did go to a bar in Fort Worth recently that had that, and I'm like, what if you go to that speakeasy out there? No, it was a speakeasy out there. It was that Cole Wetzel's roadhouse or whatever. Yeah, okay, and it's like, dude, it was uh, there's a bathroom attendant.
Speaker 2: I'm like, for what?
Speaker 1: And so he's hand he's just handing you a paper towel. You can't get a paper town yeah, And I'm like, I don't. I'm not tipping you for this. And then you find out he's an independent contractor that doesn't even work there.
Speaker 2: To get his own thing.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Eighteen percent said they definitely wouldn't pay. Less than half said they would they would likely pay for that. Would you pay a quarter or fifty cents every time you went to the bathroom just to have an attendant or like a hook to put your style? I I do like the hooks. Okay, what about a professional or your what about a professional wiper? That would be dope? What does look like? What if you could just get up like on a giant baby changing table. Just hike your legs up and let them clean you up. Call it. That's called it, Deshaun Watson table. What do you pay for that? What do you they get paid? Honestly, it's like, would you okay, the other people that do that are in a nursing home. Yeah, I said, that's a nursing home. Here, you get paid a little more. Did not have to do it on old people?
Speaker 5: Right?
Speaker 1: Is it more shameful to do it on normal people? It depends if you're fetishizing it.
Speaker 2: Oh uh, let's say all yeah, here's one another SUMI question of eighty percent of Americans think it's important for public rushrooms to have touchless fixtures. Okay, so like the automatic toilet, which we have on on two of our urinals. One you hit with your hand, one does it on its own, the baby one, so I always go to the baby one. Soap dispensers and faucets sixty five percent. So they're more likely to return to a store or business if they have automated dispensers.
Speaker 3: I love the.
Speaker 1: Automated dispenser that doesn't work, or you have to hold your hand in an area where you can't get it wet. At the same time that you're activating the water. That's badass. So that's what we have here.
Speaker 2: Yeah, more of that. Okay, good job, Kevin, that's good research. Thank you, Ben. Are you proud of him? Yeah? He did great. Tell him, I'm proud of you, Kevin. Thank you, Ben. That didn't seem sincere. I want you guys to really lean into this, Kevin, thank you for all you're doing for the community. Your guys wanna do a show tomorrow.
Speaker 1: I'll never forget the time that Ben looked into Kevin's eyes, said that. Kevin looked back into Ben's eyes, and.
Speaker 2: He said, maybe you've lost a step. You need a little more energy. The Low T Center is something you should maybe try out. Yeah. That convinced Ben.
Speaker 1: All Right, Christine is gonna stick around and play music next right here on the Eagle.
Speaker 2: Here you going, well, I'm gonna get my sack backed. Dude, I gotta take a poop.