Speaker 1: Welcome back, Oliver Lane. It's a pleasure to have you on the fifty five KRC Morning Show.
Speaker 2: And it's a pleasure to be on checking any loud and clear.
Speaker 1: Yes, you're coming in very loud and clear, and I appreciate that. You know, I'm not sure if you're familiar with what's going on here in my city, the city of Cincinnati, we've had a bit of a lawlessness problem. It's made worldwide news with the beatdown that some folks got. We have a law problem, and apparently there's a real law and order problem going on in the UK right now, and Guys Wonner for Prime Minister, Nigral Faraj has launched his Britain is Lawless campaign campaign. Apparently the situation in the UK has deteriorated dramatically. Please speak to this, Oliver Lane.
Speaker 2: Well, first of all, it's a sad irony for me to hear that Cincinnati, of all cities, is having a lord order its You've given the story that we're told, of course about Cincinnatis and his plow bringing law to Rome. So I hope that's something you can get on top of. But in terms of what's going on over here, we're having quite a lively summer for I can put it that way, nager Arge, as you say, who is in the running to be our next prime minister. But that's a whole big story we can get into if you like. Has been hitting these key points about the crime epidemic we're experiencing and the real sort of fundamental issue here. It's not even the crime, it's the perception that the government has given up trying to fight crime. And this is a real issue, and let's us be clear, it's a real issue in particular with the police. Just to mix a few stories here at the moment in the UK, Lord Toby Young tells us we are arresting thirty people a day on speech for putting posts on social media. And yet if you're looking at the statistics we have on the kind of crime that I think ordinary people want to see fort and they want the kind of thing that actually impacts them, like having their homes broken into or their cars stolen. And this is a basically a new epidemic that's sweeping London, our capital city, having your cell phone snatch out of your hand as you walk down the street, and that is that is huge. Actually it's claimed again by Nigel Faraj. I think he said that a fifth of all Londoners have now experienced having their phone stolen from my god, absolutely insane. But the police seem to have their priorities elsewhere now with some stuff, say investigating murders. I believe they're still very well regarded for that, and that's obviously your real key priority for police forces. But if we're thinking about the Rudy Giuliani plans of the world and actually tackling crime from the bottom up, it just feels like they're given up.
Speaker 1: Well could it be because the powers that be, whoever is in charge of the police department or elected officials, are direct the police department to focus on well free speech crimes as opposed to actual crimes that matter to Britain's I mean, I we had that problem here. I draw parallel with the city of Cincinnati. We have a curfew for young people on the books, but the since a police department was told not to enforce it, and we've had this real problem with gangs of teenagers collecting and committing crimes in downtown since Ay at all hours they could be subject to being arrested or at least given a citation, but the police chief was told directly by our city officials do not enforce the curfew policy. So is that the type of thing that's going on in Britain where the police are told no, no, we have higher priorities, we don't want you to, you know, arrest people for stealing phones. Or is it just the police not willing to go down that road.
Speaker 2: But the part of the problem we have is the opacity of the system. There's simply no interest or even I think a belief amongst Earl class that the British people arowede any answers. So if you like talking about London, obviously it's our capital city and it's yeah, it's the thing that's on everybody's everybody's lips. You talk about London, you say, well, look, London clearly has a prime crime problem. So let's go to the police and say why are you dealing with this? The police say, well, look, it's not actually our our decision. We're just implementing the orders given to us by the mayor. And London has an elected mayor. See can't do You go to see cart and you say, look, London has a crime problem. The police say that they're following your orders. What's going on? And the mayor says, no, no, this has nothing to do with me. The reason why the police are ineffective at combating crime is because they're not being given enough money by central government, by Westminster. So you go to the central government and say, look, London has a crime problem. They say, look, it has nothing to do with us, right, that's the mayor's issue. So you're kind of stuck in this feedback loop where nobody is willing to say the buck stops here. So that's part of the problem. But as I said, there's an opacity problem, which is you were saying in Cincinnati, you know there's a clear political imperative for the police to act particular way, and we're not privy to these conversations. In the UK. We believe that there is pressure from the government downwards on the police, and we see evidence of that all the time, but we never actually get to see those conversations. And it does seem to be very much the case that the pressure from on high is off on dealing with low level crime. They're not being told that this is absolutely essential to be dealt with, but dealing with like cracking down on political thoughts, on political speech, on well you know what they would call hate speech or malinformation. Seems to be no limit of resources there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well that's a question of prioritization, because let's face it, it's still illegal to steal someone's phone in the UK. That law is on the books. That police choose not to go after folks that do that or otherwise arrest people who they know did it is suggestive of I think what we've arrived at here that it's a directive from on high because you know, otherwise you're going to blame the police for not enforcing the law. I'm sure they feel like as though they have their hands tied, and.
Speaker 2: This is this is the sort of the point I was building towards, which is a lot of low level crime has been de facto, if not djure legalized. So the plea the police really almost never arrests any body for taking drugs, for instance, the only people there You really have to have a colossal amount of marijuana on your person to be arrested for that, for instance, because then you're seen as a dealer, and that's somebody that's acceptable to go could go after. But in terms of like anti social behavior in public places. Drug uses to criminalize and I think effectively to criminalized. It is still technically illegal that that law has never enforced, and I think a part of the problem with that with that there is that the prison system that we have in this country is is you're groaning at the seams. It's essentially on the on the brink of collapse. In fact, last year, last summer, the UK government actually ran out of prison places. So the Prime Minister had this very this sort of dreadful few weeks where he was turning people out of prison who were not yet ready to be released and they hadn't you know, come up to their all or whatever. But they'll be run out of space. So if you happen to have been convicted a few months before at you go, because we've got more people coming through the criminal justice system that we need to put in the prison places we don't have. This was you know, this is very big news last year in the UK, and there were obvious problems with you violent criminals being released into the streets and then going straight back to what they've been doing before, sex criminals, et cetera. You know, and why were the prisons so full Well, we had rioting in England last year against mass migration, against migrant sex crime and other forms of crime, and you just got to you know, if you're the UK police, you've just got to arrest those people, all those anti mass migration protesters. So funny thing the prison's got full. Wow.
Speaker 1: Well, well, as you wrote in your piece on Breitbart, Oliver Lane, it was I mean, Britain once one of the most peaceful and best police nations on earth and I don't think anythbody who can argue with that. What has happened to cause this mass increase in violence and crime in the UK? Is it immigration, unchecked, unregulated influx of humanity from the four corners of the globe.
Speaker 2: Well, I think it's fair to say that there are plenty of people in this country who believe that may be the case. Obviously, the government has a total monopoly on information, really, and if they're not willing to allow those studies to be taken place, how can we ever know the truth? Wow?
Speaker 1: Leaving the citizens in the dark. Which we can pivot over to the UK Online Safety Act, which underminds free speech, Trump calling it unacceptable suppression of criticism of mass migration you know, as a citizen of the UK, if I was out in the street, am I not able to speak my mind about mass migration? Is that in and of itself a crime?
Speaker 2: That's a great question. There's law is it's really very deeply concerning I if I may say so, this isn't actually something that's been introduced by the current labor government. It actually goes back to the previous Conservative government. And before anybody on listening to this show gets confused and thinks, so, you know, why would conservatives act like that? We've got a bear in mind that in this country and the Conservative Party, they are conservatives in name only, right, it's a historical label that has applied to a party that has now drifted towards a globalist center. So that's before we have any confusion over that. We had fourteen years of conservative rule. It was thoroughly dreadful and we need some real conservatives in this country to mix it up. But I digress. A problem with the we have with this law, as I say, which was introduced by the previous government, is not as that it actually directly censors political content. It's a really doing is it is either incentivizing or essentially making social media companies feel like they're being forced to impose censorship restrictions because if they're allowing content on their platforms that the government then retrospectively says, actually we think that's you know, misinformation and hate speech. Whatever you haven't you taken down from your plat you're part your platform, We're now going to find you ten percent of your global revenue. And that's what the power of the UK government has awarded itself so to avoid these invisible trip wires. Because I've been saying this a few times over quite a few things, it really feels like we're going to a point where the police and the government in this country sort of making the rules up as they go along, and that's having a really chilling effect on freedom speech. But in the particular case of these social media companies, like we look at x formerly Twitter and there's a lot of political content that's being hidden behind the age wall that we now have. So you if you want to look at you know, the kind of important information you need to make an informed decision as a voter, have to prove you're eighteen years old, and how do you do that by handing over your ID? So you lose anonymity on the Internet and we're in it, and that sort of feeds into us thinking about this last night. This is sort of mind boggling. One of the other really weird things that Goverment's doing over here, as they're reducing the age to vote, which has been eighteen for a very long time, to sixteen, arguing that you know, sixteen year olds are they have a future in this country, they're right to make a decision. They're actually, you know, mature enough to vote at sixteen, even though you know, we say the age of criminal majority is eighteen. You can't get married till you're eighteen, you can't go and serve in the armed forces abroad till you're eighteen, So there's some contradiction there, But just honing in on this internet censorship point, the next election that comes, we're going to be in a weird situation where we're saying to sixteen year olds, you can cast a vote on the future of this country, but you can't old enough to view political content online.
Speaker 1: It's so absurd. I'm laughing at the outright absurdity of it. Oliver, I just that that is acceptable to the to the public there in the United Kingdom is just beyond my capacity for understanding it really is.
Speaker 2: It is non acceptable to the public in this country. If you look at the and the opinion polling, Sakis Starmer, who's the Prime minister, lect wing prime minister, has fallen harder and faster than any other prime minister in modern British history. And a key point I have to make we have a we have a first past the post election system in this country and that means winner takes all. And in the last election we had last year, okay, there's no you know, there's no there's no arguing around the fact that Labor absolutely definitely got the most votes, right, they definitely won that election. But if you compare that election to other elections in modern British history, they got the number of votes that in a normal election at any other time the losing party would get. So it's not like the British people flocked the polls to vote for Labor. Actually they, as I say, they got a losing amount. It's just the people who would have voted against them stayed at home. It was low turnout. But because of the as I say, winner takes all system, even on this insanely low number of votes. Labor got this incredibly just totally dominate Westminster. Now all the power and can do anything they want because there's no mechanism to force us nap election.
Speaker 1: Well, considering the direction the UK's gone under the current government and prior governments, as you illustrate, have the people woken up to the reality they need to get to the polls and actually cast a vote? Have they Have they learned a lesson from any of this?
Speaker 2: Well, looking at the polling is very evident there is a sea change underway. We look at Nigel Faraja's Reform UK, which is as every week passes, is again and again hitting new records in terms of the level of polling support they get. But you know as well as I do that polling companies very often get it wrong. Yes, and you know bird in the hand is worth two in the bush. All very well and easy to say on a telephone if you're canvas in the middle of the day. Yeah, yeah, I'd vote for Nigel Farrage. But elections are won by people actually feeling motivated to leave their homes, strive to a polling station and put a piece of paper in a box and it's four years away the next UK election, unless the thing very dramatic happens is four years away. So there's yeah. A week is a long time in politics, isn't it. That's what we always say.
Speaker 1: Yes it is London. Your achieve, Oliver Lane, appreciate the time you spill my listeners and me well in one respect, I guess it's nice to know we in the city of Cincinnati are not alone with our problems. I just wish we didn't all share the same kind of problem as Oliver Lane. I'll look forward to having you back on the program again. Keep up the great work at bright bart my friend, and thanks again for your time today.
Speaker 2: Thanks having me on.
Speaker 1: Always pleasure, always a pleasure. Eight Coming up on eight twenty two. If you have cares to the Detox station Daniel Davis Deep Dive coming up next. First, Foreign Exchange get your car fixed for less money imported traditionally imported cars Asia or Europe or your Tesla. You got a SCU certified Master technicians at Foreign Exchange work on your car. You will leave with a full warranty on parts and service. Yes, they have date access to your manufacturers technical ability. Your car will be fixed to your satisfaction. That's what that warranty is all about. The great thing about foreign exchange is, of course, the money savings. You're gonna save a lot of money versus the dealers, so don't take it to the dealer. I think I personally saved what thousands, I guess with the amount, but I know, at least as far as my oil changes are concerned, I've saved more than one thousand dollars on just oil changes by going to foreign exchange. So we've got more caughtter repairs than just an oil change. You're going to do yourself a great service by saving money from foreign exchange. Westchester is the one I choose. There's several foreign exchange locations. Take the tylers and the legs. It off of I seventy five. Just head east to short jog to Kingland Drive, hang a right and you're there online. You're there at foreign xform the letter x dot com.
Speaker 2: Tell them.
Speaker 1: Brian said, how when you call for the appointment five one three six four four six six five one three six four four twenty six twenty
Speaker 2: Six fifty five k R c our iHeart realm you