Speaker 1: Ah, Yes, Happy Friday, everybody, the world famous been in Skin Show ninety seven point one the Eagle, thank you for rocking with us today. We got the big finish coming up here momentarily, but we should turn our attention to play in basketball. This is not officially the playoffs yet, right Nah, they call it the play in Tournament. The play in Tournament is still happening. The Mavericks have moved on to face the Grizzlies tonight, and man, the other night, I thought Mavericks are probably gonna show up at that game against Sacramento and they're gonna be emotionally drained. They're gonna have nothing in the tank. Dealing with Luca crying on their bench, their home crowd. I wouldn't call it turning on them, but just that environment was beyond weird. Yeah, for good reason. But it's been a wild ride and they've overcome so many injuries, so much emotional turmoil. I assumed they were completely on empty. I was wrong. They showed tremendous resolve. Now against Sacramento. Could they have gotten that result once they got into the game, and you know, Brandon Williams starts hitting shots. Thompson starts hitting shots or they're just you know, having ad out there at the four. It is just such an impactful thing with two bigs, like I don't know, but they came out with something, they had, something they had resolved. They were into it, and so they're not on empty yet. But I still think it's looming it. If they completely fall apart tonight, you could be like, Okay, well eventually that was going to happen. Yeah, And I think what they've done PJ. Washington Junior was talking about the team dinner they went on, and you know, I mean.
Speaker 2: It's like, all right, whatever, they hung out. But I think what they're doing is they're acknowledging that they're in a very unique situation that only they understand, and they're bonding together over it. Right now, that doesn't mean that you're going to go play well, but what it means is that and we've seen it. It means that they're pulling together and they're figuring out ways to energize themselves. And I don't think they're delusional. I think Clay said it was it in the Scott Van Pelt interview where he said, and man, can you imagine if we had Kyrie with us something to that fact, right, But they believe in themselves and they believe that nobody believes in them, and they believe that they have to get each other's backs and they're doing it and that can be a powerful thing. And I think it's also possible that Memphis is doing that. You know, the big storyline is gonna be does Jaw Morant play and if he does, how effective is he? He's listed as a game time decision and they do. You know, the NBA puts out probable starters, and he's listed still as a probable starter.
Speaker 1: But I mean, I was talking to.
Speaker 2: Various people, and I think a lot of us kind of feel like they probably would play better without Jaw, honestly, because other guys can influence the game in a different way and the ball moves. I'm not saying they're a better team without Jaw. I'm saying they're going through a wild ass situation too.
Speaker 1: They are.
Speaker 2: They're in a complete free fall, and then they fired their coach and they continued to fall and they got down. I'm big against Golden State and kudos to them for putting a fight back and getting back in the game. But dude, they fell apart in epic fashion and the final two minutes of that game, despite like getting every call possible that could go their way. So they're not in a winning frame of mind. I mean, honestly, I think Memphis and Dallas are kind of in similar boats, just with different circumstances.
Speaker 1: Oh, you mean like clinging clinging, uh to straws while drowning.
Speaker 2: Is that what you're saying, clinging to straws wall drowning. That sounds like a soul coughing song.
Speaker 1: It's not. No one wants to hear this, but don't say it.
Speaker 2: John Ran doesn't play, and maybe if he does play, the Mavericks still have the best player on the court by far. So wait, I want to make sure I followed your words. Did you say he's not playing If he's not, oh oh oh?
Speaker 1: Or if he is. That's a good point.
Speaker 2: Anthony Davis is the best player on the floor.
Speaker 1: I agree with that. Do you always to say that about Lucas? So let's say this him now. It's It's just so it takes me back to you know, I'm so used to their best players being the guys that have the ball in their hands all the time and so that's easier to watch. Yeah, And but Anthony Davis impacts the game in so many ways. Just I just love what he does on the defensive end. Having him at the power forward where you've got two incredible shot blockers and pj al in there, it makes it crowded in the lane. Man.
Speaker 2: So I'm not gonna make this too nerdy, and I'll make it quick. So Zach Edie, do you guys know who he is?
Speaker 1: Eight dude? He can play.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And when he was coming out of college, I was like, Okay, there's a big, slow footed boy. He's gonna get destroyed in the pro and picking roll coverage. He slimmed down and he impacts the game. But also he's got a defensive Player of the Year next to him in Jackson Junior. Jackson Junior is a very active shot blocker. So you have a big and they're clogging it up and then so you kind of have a similar thing to what the Mavericks have with Memphis. But I will say that I was and back and forth with our buddy Kirk Henderson over at Maps Moneyball, and he said, Hey, my Laker buddy says that Anthony Davis just feast on Jackson Junior. I don't know if that's true or not. What I don't want to see is I don't want to see Anthony Davis settle for outside shots because he hit three threes the other day. And Zach EDI's back there once he gets past Jackson Junior, right, So I think that's something to watch. And also, man Desmond Bane loves to play the mapih my god, because they spurned him and he's never let it go.
Speaker 1: He has got the shocking list shockingly smallest arms ever, but there's so got those little A to B the alligator arms.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so jacked up. He does not look like an NBA player. He looks like a res He looks like a yeah, but he's ripped.
Speaker 1: He is shredded. It's amazing. All right, Well, basketball happening for you right here on the Eagle tonight. Coming up next, we got the big finish. What are you doing this weekend? We asked the most important question before