Speaker 1: And now your host for Marongo Casino Dodgers on Tech, Tim Chase.
Speaker 2: Hell, Hi everybody, and welcome in to Morongo Casino Dodgers on Deck. Hope you're doing well on this Friday afternoon. You're Los Angeles Dodgers seventy one and fifty one on this season.
Speaker 3: Pretty good.
Speaker 2: Yeah, tied for the most wins of the National League, first place at top of the NL. Well, it's the only problem. The Dodgers lead in the division is down to just two games over both San Diego and Arizona. After a four game split in Milwaukee, the Dodgers road trip now continues in Saint Louis with a three game series this weekend against the Cardinals. Justin Robleski, the left hander called up from Triple A Oklahoma City. He'll get the start tonight in this series opener, first pitch coming up at five point fifteen. Coming up over the next hour here on Marongo Casino Dodgers on Deck. We got a lot to get to. We're gonna hear it from the manager Dave Roberts, get his thoughts on the way his Dodgers team's playing right now. Winning two games to start the series in Milwaukee. The Dodgers dropped the next two to the Brewers. Will preview this pitching matchup David Batsego's one on one with Austin Barnes. We'll check in with DV throughout the show. Of course, in just a few minutes, we'll head out to the Gallpin Motors broadcast booth, and here from Rick Monday and Tim Neverett. Well, yesterday in Milwaukee, it didn't start off great for Jack Felarity. He didn't have going five innings, three runs, four hits, seven strikeouts, but the first inning was a house of horrors. He gave up a two run home run to Churio and then Contrere's a solo home run. Just like that, the Dodgers were down three to nothing, but the Dodgers offense would chip away. In the top half of the second inning, Jason Hayward and RBI ground out, scoring Gavin Lucks and the Dodgers were on the board down three to one. Then Andy Pajez a double to left Rojas scored that made it a three two Brewers lead. Dodgers chipping away. In the top half of the third inning, Gavin Lux tied it up.
Speaker 4: Rodgers lead first down third, three ball, two strikes, hitch from Myers and Gavin hits it up the middle of base.
Speaker 5: Hity ties the game.
Speaker 4: Rounding second and on his way to third is Smith and Gavin Lux comes through again. It's now a three to three ball game as Freeman comes in to score.
Speaker 2: Dodgers down three to nothing to come back and tight at three. In the top half of the third inning, Gavin Lux with the RBI single, RBI number forty.
Speaker 5: Two on the season.
Speaker 2: Gavin Stone, well, he's out to the Dodgers. Jack Felerty, he'd go the five innings allow of the three runs, the four hits, seven strikeouts. After that first inning, he was really good the rest of the way. In fact, in the top half of the sixth inning, the Dodgers would take the lead thanks to Keik three.
Speaker 4: Three ball game here in the sixth then Kik hits a ground ball in the right field of base, hit around second and stopping here is Rojas. Lux comes into score, throw into second, Rojas back in time and Key k Hernandez on the first pitch he sees from Baguero, browns it slowly in the right field, open right side of the infield and the Dodgers have their first lead of the game at his four to three.
Speaker 2: A great piece of hitting from Key k Hernandez inside out of the pitch to right field, wide open hole between second base and first RBI number twenty nine for Key k and the Dodgers come all the way back and take the lead for to three. In the sixth thinning, Jack Flaherty went five. Michael Kopek would get a one, two three sixth inning. Alex Vesia Man he walked that tight rope. In the seventh inning, first two batters he faced, he walked. He got himself into trouble, and then out of trouble. No runs came across despite the two walks, as the Dodgers held onto a four to three lead going to the eighth inning. Daniel Hudson got the eighth and that's when the wheels fell off. The Brewers scored three runs off of Hudson in the bottom half of the eighth inning to take a six to four lead. The Dodgers would go quietly in the top half of the inning and the ninth as the Brewers come back and beat the Dodgers for the.
Speaker 3: Second straight game, six to four.
Speaker 2: The final Brian Hudson the win for the Brewers, Daniel Hudson the loss with the Dodgers. Devin Williams save number three for Milwaukee. As the Dodgers leave American Family Field in Milwaukee with a four game split, there're twenty games over five hundred. Really good at seventy one and fifty one, but nipping on their heels are the San Diego Padres and the Arizona Diamondbacks. Dodgers a two game lead going into play tonight as they are now in Saint Louis for the start of a three game series. Justin Robleski on the Mount and with more, let's head out to the Gallpin Motors broadcast booth in Saint Louis as we say hello.
Speaker 3: To Rick Monday and Tim Neffertt. Guys, thanks to.
Speaker 6: Them very much.
Speaker 4: Say warm but very nice evening here in Saint Louis, Missouri, or at Bush Stadium for game one of the three game weekends set, and the Dodgers find themselves in a spot in the division standings where they've got to put some wins together and hope some other teams take care of business against the Diamondbacks and the Padres. Just two games now separate the Dodgers from their divisional rivals seventy one and fifty one. Dodgers still twenty games over five hundred, and the Cardinals now a game under five hundred. At sixty and sixty one, they're tied per second with the Reds in the National League Central Division, nine games behind the Milwaukee Brewers. Tonight's pitching matchup, Justin Robleski will be activated right before the game and will be added to the roster. Roblusky owen one in a four h five Major League era. Miles Michelis, who struggled mightily lately for the Cardinals, is eight and nine with a five thirty earned run average. So molkie Vet's back in the lineup. After a disappointing loss yesterday in Milwaukee sixty four, Brewers picking up three runs in the bottom of the eighth inning off Daniel Hudson to win that game, and instead of the Dodgers taking three to four against Milwaukee, they end up splitting. They still win the season series four wins to three, and so by virtue of that, they've got the tiebreaker over the Brewers should they need it.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's postseason. The Dodgers have to now really kind of buckle down during the regular season, as you mentioned in Knocking on the Door both Arizona and San Diego. You look at the back to back losses the Dodgers had in Milwaukee before coming here to Saint Louis, games that basically got away from them. The Dodgers either did not pitch well and big opportunities, or did not hit well. There was a game there. Also, they didn't play particularly good defense. So this is a Dodger ball club that needs to kind of regroup. Amazing numbers when they score first, I mean they're fifty two and thirteen, but the difficulty has been this year once they trail after eight innings of play, the numbers are way too lopsided, and there's something that got to change turn around.
Speaker 1: In this ballpark.
Speaker 4: It's one that show hay Otani has never homered in he's making the rounds now that he's in the National League. But over the last sixteen games for show Hey O'tani, he's.
Speaker 5: Only hit one forty one.
Speaker 4: But there is a big pause here. He has five home runs and nine stolen bases during that time frame. So if he's not doing it to you one way he's getting you another one.
Speaker 6: It's a little surprising because you begin to look at some numbers. I mean the last eight games. If you take those four of those Yes and Milwaukee, and then the four games at home before coming back onto the road, they just four for thirty four. We'll do the math for you. That's one eighteen batting average against. But from Mookie Benz says, coming off the injury list, he's six for fourteen in those three games that he's played. This is the Dodger Balclum. I just get the feeling, Tim that they're on the verge. They're just kind of really breaking out again from an offensive standpoint, one area that they have to get some support in. They need some innings stretched out by their starters because the bullpen is coming into the series, Boop is tired.
Speaker 4: They're going to get some reinforcement tomorrow there. Ryan Brazier will be activated tomorrow. Talk to him just a short time ago. He said his CAF is feeling fine and he is ready to go.
Speaker 5: Checked off.
Speaker 4: All the boxes need to check off in this minor league rehab with Oklahoma City, So they'll get some activity out of Brazier in the next few days. Coming out of the bullpen. So the Dodgers getting ready to take on the Saint Louis Cardinals and game one of a three game set. Again, the Dodgers have won three of four against the Cardinals this season. I was earlier in the season, the Cardinals coming off a three games sweep at the hands of the Cincinnati Reds. They've not been playing well, to the point where a local columnist in the Saint Louis paper declared today the season over.
Speaker 6: It kind of took a few people by surprise. But if you look at the numbers, I mean, they had been in second place or tying for second place since the twelfth of June, and the Milwaukee Brewers just keep going right along and going right along. So Saint Louis nine out along with the Cincinnati Reds in the Central Division of the National League, and they've had difficulty the Cardinals have recently in scoring runs, or more importantly, not scoring runs.
Speaker 4: The columnists may have forgotten to tell the Cardinals because they're here, they're ready to play a ballgame. So the Dodgers and the Cardinals getting set for Game one lineups and first pitch. Not too far away.
Speaker 2: Ten all right, now, so you count you down to first pitch. Dodger fans, get your game. Dame meal on a Shaky's Pizza parlor. Who plays better? What are your Shaky's Pizza Chicken and Mojo's and enjoy it before first pitch at Shaky's dot Com. Coming up here on Dodgers on Deck, you're gonna hear from the manager, Dave Roberts, David vats Sin, We'll check you in course with us throughout the show. We'll hear from Austin Barnes. We'll dive deeper into this pitching matchup. Justin Robleski called up from Chiplea, Oklahoma City. We'll get you the latest injury update. We'll get your Otani rewind though, and we'll hear from Jack Flaherty yesterday starter. Well, we come back, so lead you up to first pitcher Saint Louis on this Friday, Dodgers and Cardinals.
Speaker 3: Thanks for being with us. I'm Tim Kasi's Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: It's Lorongo Casino Dodgers on Dodgers on Deck on the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: It's the Dodgers and Cardinals from Saint Louis Jester, Robleski Miles Michael is the pitching matchup of this series. Opener first pitch from the new Bush Stadium is coming up in five fifteen.
Speaker 1: This is the Otani rewide two two swine on on the groundball in the right center.
Speaker 4: That's a base hit. We got a cutter down low but in the strike stone, and he reached for it, and that is his first non home run of the series.
Speaker 2: Shoeyotani Yesterday Quiet Afternoon one for five is averaged now two ninety four on this season, as the Dodgers lost to the Brewers yesterday, who come back with three runs in the eighth India and beat the Dodgers six to four. Otani rewind brought to you by Eto N's Oocha, Japan's number one green team, the green tea that shoey Otani loves and drinks available at local diso stores, Amazon and eto In dot com. That's it t O e M dot Com. Daniel Hudson would give those three runs in the bottom half of the eighth Innian. Before that, Jack Flaherty give up three runs in the first but then settled in. He'd go five innings, three runs, four hits, seven strikeouts, ninety three pitches. He really got into a groove in the third, fourth, and then the fifth innings. He got a no decision though, and afterwards talk to our David vasse in the media.
Speaker 7: Jack, after the first inning you had twelve out of fourteen first pitch strikes. How big was that to kind of stabilize the game?
Speaker 8: You know, it's good to bounce back after the first two bad pitches there and then just to keep the game right there. But still Wine ended up going deeper, you know, put less stress on the bullpen. Those guys have been been nails, but you want to get deeper into the game.
Speaker 7: And just yeah, in the first inning, were you having trouble with the mound. It seemed like you were kind of like trying to get the clay out.
Speaker 8: No, just didn't make very good pitches. Yeah, they picked his wings on pitches that they should. So you know, we did a good job after that one. I got in saying and was able to you know, get get through the rest of the game and you know, make some good pitches from there and just keep the game right there. Keep me three runs and uh, you know, gives a chance guys bottle back and yeah, but you just you want to keep a game right there. It's disappointed as to the first two games of this series, and you guys come away.
Speaker 3: With the split.
Speaker 8: Well, I think you want to win every game when every series, and any time you don't, it's just you're not gonna feel good walking away from it, especially on the last day of a trip. But you know, some ball bounced a weird way today one of those games, ball bounced a weird way.
Speaker 9: Zone was weird.
Speaker 8: But you know, for for me, I'm just gonna You're gonna get deeper in the in the game just to make it easier on everybody else.
Speaker 9: Does it come down to matchups?
Speaker 2: This has not been a very friendly place for you, this stadium over the years.
Speaker 9: Does it come to matchups? Or is there something about pitching here that, uh, you know, I wish I knew the anside question.
Speaker 8: I've had a couple of good here and I've had some rough ones, you know, but you take away the first sitting. The rest of it was pretty good. But yeah, I mean it's sometimes you just got places you may not pitch great at. But I was able to figure it out. There is the rest of the game, which was good. Just I got to come out the gates better. I haven't done that. I haven't done a really good job of that at all, rely in first three starts since being over here. So you know, something that happened earlier this year and just something I got to clean up come out the gates a little bit better.
Speaker 2: All right, there's Jack flarerty yesterday and no decision despite getting into the fifth inning. Brought to you by Cars for Kids. The easiest way to get rid of that old car. Donate it today and your car could be picked up Tomorrow's that easy. Donate now, Cars for Kids dot Org. Still to come here. I'm wrong with casino. Dodgers on deck. We will preview this pitching matchup again. Justin Robleski called up from Triple A Oklahoma City.
Speaker 3: He'll get the start.
Speaker 2: David Vatango's one on one with Austin Barnes. But I'm next, so we'll get you an injury report, an update on Yamamoto, an update on Brazier, to be here for manager Dave Roberts as well, all coming up leading up to Dodgers and Cardinals first pitch at five fifteen. I'm Tim Kaine So this is Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers Hunters game on your home for LA Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: Marongo Casino Dodgers on Deck continues on this Friday afternoon Marengo Casino Resort and Spy Grand Slam for Good Times. Dodgers in Sant Louis started a three game series with the Cardinals.
Speaker 3: First pitch set for five fifteen.
Speaker 1: This it's the LA Dodgers Injury.
Speaker 2: Report presented by UCLA Healthy, Official medical partner of the Los Angeles Dodgers. Bruis Dark Rateral on the iel at the right hamstring strain, Chris Taylor on the IL at he left groin strain, Yoshinobu Yamamoto on the L with the strained rotator CAF David Veassey has got more on that coming up. But he did throw a sim game today in Saint Louis in front of Dodgers pitching coaches and their general manager Brandon Gomes.
Speaker 3: He last pitch in the game.
Speaker 2: Remember back on June fifteenth, Blake trinon on the IL with right hip discomfort. He's going to pitch in a rehab game for the Tulsa Drillers in double A. Max Mounsey, Tommy Edman expected to join the Dodgers next homestand beginning on Monday against the Seattle Mariners. And looks like the Dodgers also going to give back Ryan Brazier this weekend. He is with the team in Saint Louis and it's going to be activated. It looks like tomorrow. So some good news. Dodgers starting to get healthy. Let's head back out to St. Louis check out the Dodgers get burn.
Speaker 5: Any questions for Dave, Dave?
Speaker 9: Can you just describe Dave? Can you talk about the pressure in.
Speaker 7: The dugouts with Dave Roberts, Dave, you have Justin Robleski starting tonight. Who is the corresponding pitcher player that you needed to move to make this happen?
Speaker 10: I think for us right now, we're in a holding pattern. We're waiting to see sum relievers play catch, so we're kind of it's going to be a last minute decision. But obviously, you know Justin is going to start for us, and I know there's some talk about obviously Bobby being taxied, So Bobby Miller's being taxied, and we just don't know what.
Speaker 9: We're gonna do.
Speaker 10: He's going to be here for some length for the weekend. There's a good chance he's going to be active tomorrow for some length. I don't know what role yet, but right now we've got some guys that are kind of in limbo that we're trying to sess out.
Speaker 7: What's the biggest thing that you have to kind of figure out between now and first pitch.
Speaker 10: I think that you know, a couple guys, if they feel they can go tonight would be helpful, and if they can't, then.
Speaker 6: We got to make it. We've got to make a decision.
Speaker 10: So right now it's just call all continuent on how these guys feel, and so they're gonna have to kind of let me know and I'll talk to the pitching guys and we'll make a decision.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I'm a moto through a simulated game today. Yeah, what did you see or what were the reports?
Speaker 5: Reports?
Speaker 10: It was good, It was good. It was seventeen pitches used, this pitch mix felt good coming out of it, and then in the next you know, few days, so throw another one for with a two inning situation. So today it was just one ending seventeen pitches and then you know four or five days, so do another one for two innings.
Speaker 2: All right, there's Dave Roberts given an update on Yamamoto and Dodgers still haven't made an official move yet as far as who will go on the IL or be sent a triple A with the corresponding move that Justin Robleski is activated and is the starting pitcher tonight there at Bush Stadium. Dave Roberts down the dugout brought to you by Service Titan. Dave Roberts, he's a Titan in his own right. Yeah, we know that he's got a plan before his team hits the field. You need one for your growing contracting business too. Let Service Titan help you implement it. Learn more at Service Titan dot com. Well, we continue here on Dodgers on deck. We will check in with the David Vassay look as sharp as usual, So leads up to first pitch between the Dodgers and Cardinals in St. Louis, start of a three game set. Dodgers continuing this seven game road trip thirteen games in thirteen days.
Speaker 3: First pitch coming up at five fifteen.
Speaker 2: David Vessey's next, I'm Tim Kates's Los Angeles Dodgers audio nowher.
Speaker 1: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on tach on your home for the blue all season.
Speaker 2: Law Dodgers and Cardinals. Justin Robleski, called up from TRIPAA Oklahoma City, gets to start for the Dodgers. The left handral face Miles Michaelis, who has had an up and down season for Saint Louis. The umpiring crew for tonight's game, brought to by Fred Loyer Insurance celebrating fifty years of providing reliable and affordable car insurance for you and your family. First Pitch and Bush Stadium in Saint Louis coming up at five fifteen.
Speaker 1: Joining Tim kits on Dodgers on tack.
Speaker 5: I accept everybody for who they are.
Speaker 1: This is Dodger insider David Bass.
Speaker 2: And David joins Is now from Saint Louis as the road trip continues. Now in a three game series against the Cardinals and DV go back to yesterday. Things really got away from the Dodgers in that eighth inning. In particular Daniel Hudson, well, things just imploded on the mound for him.
Speaker 7: Yeah, the Dodgers were fit to be tied in that inning, and really Dave Roberts said it after the game, and we had a chance to talk to Daniel Hudson after the game. He tried to get his foot out of the way twice during that inning that went completely off the rails for him and the Dodgers Brewers scoring three runs and the Dodgers again blow a late inning lead. Here's what the veteran reliever had to say about those sequence of events that took place to create havoc in the eighth inning.
Speaker 11: And went between my legs and hit my gloves, try to get out of the way, just couldn't do it. And then second one just got the bottom of my shoe, so I didn't even feel about them, either of them.
Speaker 6: So the first one looked like a double play, well I.
Speaker 11: Thought, so, you know, we actually did pfps in practice getting out of the way of those balls, and you know, I just wasn't able to do it. You know, it's frustrating, but at the end of the day, still got to execute, and God just wasn't gonna do that.
Speaker 7: You got to be quick out there to get out of the way, especially when you give up a leadoff double and then you walk somebody a double play definitely would have helped Daniel Hudson to get out of that inning. And what compounded all that was the fact that the Dodgers had to come up in the top of the ninth inning against one of the best closers in baseball down two runs. So that completely changed the game in more ways than one and obviously disappointing into a series that saw the Dodgers win the first two games in Milwaukee and only come away with a split.
Speaker 3: David had driven by Ford.
Speaker 2: If there's one thing we like, its choices, find yours with a Ford F one to fifty gas hybrid all electric tough. This march could only be called f one fifty players weekend around Major League Baseball.
Speaker 3: Dave, it's a fun weekend for the player.
Speaker 7: Yeah, and the good news is Tim, we don't have to suffer through those softball looking jerseys with nicknames on the back. The way the players are going to express themselves is similar to the NBA. They'll be able to wear any colored cleats with any writing on it. Obviously they're going to keep it clean. Also, the bats the players are going to use have been decorated by some of their back companies.
Speaker 5: For example, Mizuno.
Speaker 7: The bat that Teoscar Hernandez uses, is going to decorate his bat with sunflower seats because as we know, he's the one that.
Speaker 5: Started the home run celebration.
Speaker 7: So things like that you're going to see tonight and moving forward this weekend.
Speaker 2: Dave the bullpen for the Dodgers. We touched on Daniel Hudson. What happened yesterday in the eighth inning. Michael Kopek came in and pitched a one, two three sixth inning. Is there a chance Michael Kopek is going to get more opportunities later in games.
Speaker 5: Now, you would imagine.
Speaker 7: So look, the average around Major League Baseball for relievers with rate is twenty seven. Michael Kopek is getting almost fifty percent with rate. When he comes into the game as a Dodger, he hasn't allowed to run. He's only walk one batter, which was something to keep an eye on because he did struggle with command in Chicago. The Dodgers have encouraged him to use his cutter more. But just coming to the Dodgers, it seems like talking to him and Mark Pryor have has rejuvenated him and given him some extra life so Michael Kopek to meet him. I know the Dodgers do it by groupings of hitters eighth or ninth inning.
Speaker 5: It should be his.
Speaker 2: No doubt about a final thing. David at Yoshinobu Yamamoto getting closer. We know he was playing long toss. He talked about that some bullpen sessions. Now, what's the latest.
Speaker 7: Well, today, two inning simulated game as was scheduled, Yamamoto is here. A lot of Dodger players were watching his simulated game as well as Dodger GM Brandon Gomes. It seemed like it went really well and the next step for Yamamoto would be to start the rehab games so he could return the first week of September.
Speaker 5: And boy, do the Dodgers need him.
Speaker 7: I mean, we could talk about him being a rookie twenty five years old, a long term investment, but the Dodgers signed him not only for five years from now. They signed him to be a big time pitcher this year. Including the posting fee, the Dodgers have invested almost four hundred million dollars in this sky.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they're gonna need his arm in those innings immediately. David appreciate it. We'll check back in with you in just a little bit. Dodger fans and Hancher listening and experience by downloading the iHeartRadio app and listening to Dodger games in HD. It's all powered by Lacare Health Plan serving all Angelinos.
Speaker 3: Lakare dot org. Coming up next year.
Speaker 2: On Dodgers on Deck, we'll get you your Dodgers Magical Moment through leading you up to Dodgers and Cardinals from Saint Louis first pitch of five fifteen. I'm Tim Kansas, Los Angeles Dodgers audio nowhere.
Speaker 5: As we were.
Speaker 1: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on jack on the official home of LA Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: Dodgers road trip continues after a split in Milwaukee. They're now starting a three games set in Saint Louis against the Cardinals. Justin Robleski, the twenty four year old left hander called up from TRIPAA Oklahoma City. Miles Michaelis, the venturing right hander, will go for the Cardinals first pitch, coming up at five point fifteen.
Speaker 1: Who wants hot It's time for the Hawfe Magical Moment.
Speaker 3: Bitch Magical Phone.
Speaker 1: Presented by Hawby Hot Dogs.
Speaker 2: Well we go back to September fifteenth, two thousand and eighteen. The Dodgers were out New Bush Stadium there in Saint Louis taking on the Cardinals a night. Yassi O Puigue when crazy at the plate.
Speaker 4: They've been having added since eighteen ninety two, and Quig with a flypball the left field ozon up back.
Speaker 5: The third home run of the game for Yasiel Puigue. He has hit five in the last two.
Speaker 4: And the Dodgers now lead it thirteen to Fourquig.
Speaker 5: At three run shot he has knocked in seven.
Speaker 2: What a performance, three home runs, seven ribbys for Yassie Old Puigue on that September night in Saint Louis as the Dodgers demolished the Cardinals seventeen. So for this Hoffey Magical moment brought to you by Hoffey hot Dogs, a soakal treasurer for over one hundred years, visit hofeybrand dot com to find out where you get Burchs Crave delicious Hoffee hot Dogs. So we continue here on Dodgers on Deck. We'll check back in well Rick Monday. As we are leading out to first pitch on this Friday night, Dodgers and Cardinals.
Speaker 3: I'm Tim Kass, Los Angeles Dodgers Audio.
Speaker 1: Network is Lorongo Casino Dodgers on the Dodgers on Deck, thank you on the official home of LA Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 3: Dodgers saying Cardinals.
Speaker 2: Justin Robleski gets called off from Triple A Oklahoma City. Miles and michaelis the venture right hander. We'll go for the Cardinals first bitch coming up at five point fifteen. Dodger fans, start your future in California community college. Financial aids available to help you with tuition, books, sometimes even the rent. Yeah, it's time to take that next big step. Classes can fill quickly. So enrolled today and I can go to college dot.
Speaker 1: Com and now joined by David Massey. Here's LA Dodgers broadcast there and World Series champion Dodger Rick Monday.
Speaker 7: All right, Rick, The Dodgers now moved to Saint Louis. Dodgers Cardinals historic rivalry. It's not Dodgers Giants, but it's a close second.
Speaker 6: Well are two very story franchises and two franchise I think. Also, I think I have the best uniforms in baseball. I really do. I've always felt that way. Yeah, this is these are that are basically collector's items in the great history and here in this ballpark. I mean, they're very proud of the history. They posted on a big board out in right field with the world championships that they've been able to acquire. But if we look at the last number of years of the Saint Louis Cardinals, and not to distract from talking about the game, but the Cardinals, they don't look like the same teams over the last five or six years. I'm talking about. You know, you used to come in here and understand that the Cardinals were always known along with the Dodgers being fundamentally sound. I don't think, at least from my perspective, I have not really noticed that the last five six years that we've been here.
Speaker 5: You know, it's interesting.
Speaker 7: We just ran into Benji Molina in the hallway and he said, you know what, the Cardinals are having a tough time against really good starting pitchers or just above average starting pitchers, and they're also having a tough time against pictures they've never seen before. And I said, it sounds like you're saying they're having trouble hitting.
Speaker 6: Or or is it having trouble scounder report maybe. I mean, here's the deal. If you're having difficulty pictures you've never seen before, what is their advanced scouting? Obviously it's not going to be as thick of a file as it would be against a what they've done in the past against Kershaw, you know, a long story in his career. They don't have the numbers to back that up. But where is their scouting? What's the anticipation Because the doctors when they had meetings, I mean, how was you talking about fastball, curveball, change up, slider or tendencies? And we're going to talk about tendencies a little bit later on during the ballgame, in particular with the picture that the Dodgers will be facing into night's ballgame. But from an offensive standpoint, the Dodgers need to get something going a little bit better. In particular, you know, the loss yesterday, it really magnified a number that I found rather astounding. When the Dodgers trail after eight innings this year, they're three and forty two, three and forty two. The last victory that they've had with trailing after that was on the twentieth of July against Boston. The Dodger Stadium. They trailed four to three after eight, eventually one at seven to six and eleven innings. When I saw that number and had a confirm, I had to check it again. In fact, I checked it three different times because the number just jumps out at you.
Speaker 7: Yeah, when you're losing after eight, you're probably facing the closer as good as Devin Williams the last two games exactly.
Speaker 6: I mean, you're going to be facing the best that the other team has to offer. But I think the Dodgers also have some of the best hitters to offer, in particularly right now. I mean, Gavid Lux has been red hockey year. Nana's now starting to swing the bat much better. You look at Tiascar Henanas what he's been able to do Forreddie Freeman working in some base hits as well. You've got Mookie Betts's back now. Now they need to get a show Hey Otani kind of on track because the last eight games he's hitting one to eighteen and if you look since July twenty eighth, show Hey Otani for everything that he can do is hitting just a buck forty five.
Speaker 7: Yeah, it feels like Dave ro Roberts and the Dodgers are trying to let Otawi know you don't have to do it all by yourself, and he gets into these type of mindsets where he's trying to do too much with runners in scoring position.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and you can't have the guys just go up to home plate in field or get forced into a situation where they feel I've got to carry majority of the load. And that may be one of the things that he's done. I hope he realizes, hey, you've got Mookie Betts back in the lineup now, who had so many different things. Kevin kier Meyer will start in tonight's ballgame as well in center field. But this is a ball club that understands full well the Cardinals are one game below five hundred. They would love to be able to turn it around and try and do it in a hurry because they're grasping for straws right now to even have a chance to look at postseason play.
Speaker 7: It's funny you bring that up because tonight's starter Miles michaelists he had some bulletin board material for the Dodgers before the season even started or during spring training, where he said the Dodgers are playing check book baseball and US farmers out here would love to stick it to the Dodgers.
Speaker 6: Yeah, well the check book baseball, the last five stars that he's had, seven eleven e R. Seven eleven was a nice place to go if you need a drink. Yeah, yeah, during your time, it's your thirst. But seven eleven e R. That's not convenient.
Speaker 7: When you played, there was such a thing as bulletin board material. Yeah, but do you feel like nowadays there's bulletin board material.
Speaker 6: And David, let's let's start at the beginning. This is now refined billboard stuff.
Speaker 9: Right.
Speaker 6: We used to call it trash talk. Yeah, come on, but now it's bulletin board stuff.
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 6: I prefer to just leave it as trash talk.
Speaker 7: I would hope the Dodgers will respond with some trash talk using the bats.
Speaker 6: Well, hopefully they're gonna come out and plowers field.
Speaker 5: Okay, Rick, thanks a lot and go to the bank with that one.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 5: The milk the cows and I milk Michaels.
Speaker 6: They used to have milking contest here in the field before games.
Speaker 5: Did they really they did? You've seen a lot Rick?
Speaker 7: Oh yeah, thank goodness. We've moved past those times and whatever was popping out behind home played in Oakland. Tim will send it back to you in the studio.
Speaker 3: All right, Thanks a lot of guys.
Speaker 2: Dodgers Baseball is brought to you by Speedy Cash, official sponsor of every LA weekend. Find out more. It's Speedycash dot Com. You need to milk some cash this weekend, stopping an LA area Speedy Cash store. Still to come here On Dodgers on Deck, we'll get you a preview of this pitching matchup. Rick'll be back in just a little bit before first pitch with the keys to the game up next. So we go high and tight Barnsey, Austin Barnes. That's next, leading up to Dodgers and Cardinals and Tim Katsus Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Morongo Cassino Dodgers Hunting game on your home for LA Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: Dodgers and Cardinals. Justin Robleski, Miles michael Is. The pitching matchup started a three game set from Bush Stadium in Saint Louis. Doctors Baseball is presented by Children's Hospital LA. When you need the very care for your child, one place to go Children's Hospital, Los Angeles Rank number one in California for pediatric care. Find the right doctor at ch LA dot org.
Speaker 1: David, and now what will likely be vess a fielding insults from a Dodger player.
Speaker 3: It's an engagement of endearment.
Speaker 1: This this high end tight.
Speaker 7: Well, we're here with one of my favorite guys and the guy that everybody loves on the team, and that's Dodger catcher Austin Barnes. Austin, thanks a lot for the time. I know you don't do too many of these.
Speaker 12: Yeah, but you know I always make an exception for you. And then uh yeah, just don't ask me to do this again.
Speaker 9: Perfect.
Speaker 7: Perfect, Hey, before we get to baseball, you love fantasy football as much as anybody. So last night the team had its fantasy draft. You had the number nine pick in the draft out of a twelve team league.
Speaker 5: Are you happy with the way it turns? Things turned out?
Speaker 12: I had the eleventh pick in the league, and yeah.
Speaker 9: I like the team. I don't love the team.
Speaker 12: I don't know, and sometimes sometimes it just doesn't go your way. But sometimes those are your best teams too, So I yeah.
Speaker 9: I mean I like my players, like my players.
Speaker 5: Who was your first pick at eleven.
Speaker 12: Jonathan Taylor. Yeah, I like Jonathan Taylor. Then I went Garrett Wilson.
Speaker 9: Then I went, uh man.
Speaker 7: I went, while you think about that, can you reveal to us some of the scatting reports on your teammates on how good they draft and maybe some that you feel like you could take advantage of.
Speaker 9: I think everybody did pretty good. I probably like.
Speaker 12: I think, I think, uh, I think Buehler actually did good for once.
Speaker 9: I think I think Phillips team is pretty good.
Speaker 12: I think Huddy and mcguinnis zud the number one pick, And then I think I think, I think Kershaw really messed up.
Speaker 9: But you know, time, time will, time will tell.
Speaker 7: See Kershaw's got such a big heart. He takes on a marginal staff member as his teammate, whether it be the video coordinator in years past, now one of the player relations guys. Why does he hand the keys over to these guys that really don't know?
Speaker 12: Yeah, Wandrato, I think is the co coner, and yeah that's he.
Speaker 9: But he Kursh does pretty good every time.
Speaker 12: He doesn't really know much about fantasy, but he kind of wins a lot.
Speaker 5: I heard he demands at least one cowboy.
Speaker 12: Yeah, and if you don't win, he gets really mad. So he, like Wan Dorotos, has a tough job.
Speaker 7: All right, Austin Barnes, thank you for the fantasy advice. Can we move on to baseball now?
Speaker 9: Yeah, for sure.
Speaker 7: Saint Louis the Cardinals, you guys split four games in Milwaukee. Where would you say the team is at right now? And the level of urgency considering the race is tighter.
Speaker 12: I mean, I think every game, you know, we played to win the game, so level of urgency. You know, obviously we're aware of the situation, and you know obviously that's they're playing some good baseball in the now West right now.
Speaker 9: You know, we're getting healthy.
Speaker 12: I think having Mookie back was a big boost. We played some you know, tough Milwaukee team out in there. Played pretty good the first two days, and you know the second second, I mean the third and fourth day we didn't didn't get the w's and I felt like we probably should have the third. You know, we just got to keep going, keep moving forward, and I think we're in a good spot.
Speaker 7: You're the longest tenured position player on this team. You've seen a lot of different races. You've seen dominant Dodger teams. You've been on those teams obviously, does this resemble maybe twenty eighteen or twenty one when you guys were in a dog fight.
Speaker 12: You know all, I mean, all these teams have you know, different you know, identities, different personalities, and.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I mean we.
Speaker 12: Obviously been in a race. Is a little bit different than you know some years. Some years we just you know, we win the division, look into the playoffs, and you know, maybe it's good for us to play some meaningful games early on, you know, going in the playoffs and take care of business. I think I think from you know, from here on out, we gotta treat every game, you know, like we obviously we treat every game like we have to win, and we play every game to win. You know, that mentality might be good for us.
Speaker 7: Gavin Stone the only ten game winner on this Dodgers starting staff. What have you appreciated the most about him and his rookie season?
Speaker 12: His consistency, his demeanor, his ability to be the same every day. You know in this you know, sometimes it's a little bit of a pressure cooker of the big leagues. You know, when you're not playing well, not pitching well, or just doing anything, and you know, he's the same guy every day. It puts his head down, just comes to work. And I can't say enough good things about Gavin Stone. I think he's gonna be a really really good pitcher in this league.
Speaker 9: For a while.
Speaker 7: Before I let you go, I hate always asking you about curve show, but it seems like you guys have had this tight bond. What have you seen from him as far as taking the steps forward to where he needs to be by the end of the year.
Speaker 12: You know, he just he goes out there, he pitches. You know, I think he's pitching really well right now. I thought he mixes stuff really well in Milwaukee, and you know he can the next day he moves on and it works to the next start.
Speaker 9: So I think that's really.
Speaker 12: Just commendable, just just how you have to work, keep going every day, you know, keep getting better, and he works for the next the next start, the next win. He doesn't hang too long on what happened in the last game, and uh, you know, he keeps moving.
Speaker 9: So I think I think he's gonna be a good spot.
Speaker 12: I think he's mentally and physically in a in a really good spot to you know.
Speaker 9: Pitch these games for us.
Speaker 7: How do you see the game and the seasons differently for yourself? Considering, like I said, you're the longest tenured position player on this team.
Speaker 5: You've seen almost.
Speaker 7: Everything as far as different seasons, different paths.
Speaker 5: Uh, do you do you.
Speaker 7: Feel like you have that experience now that nothing is going to surprise you.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 12: I mean, it's just you can't let let things really, you know, affect it during the season.
Speaker 9: Obviously there's gonna be most in the road.
Speaker 12: I think, Uh, at the end of the day, it's about a team who you know, kind of comes together and gets hot together and in October, who plays a certain type of baseball. I kind of feel like, you know what wins in the playoffs.
Speaker 9: You know.
Speaker 12: Obviously we've been enough and played in some important games that you know, I feel like we know what wins and doesn't win.
Speaker 9: So we have some experience there.
Speaker 12: And I think as a team, you know, you just have to come in there and you have to play baseball, and you have to play a kind of a fearless, you know, type of ball that you know, the playoffs are different than regular season, so I think it's a it's a fun test and you know, luckily enough, we're in the playoffs every year, so you know this will be fun.
Speaker 7: Barnes Magic for another year here in twenty twenty four. Thanks a lot for the time and good luck and fantasy football.
Speaker 9: Thanks David.
Speaker 5: There he is Riverside Pride, Austin Barnes.
Speaker 2: All right, Jonathan Taylor there in the first round. I'm not sure about that. Maybe too too high. Maybe a reach for Jonathan Taylor there with the eleventh overall pick.
Speaker 5: All right.
Speaker 2: Dodgers Baseball is brought to you by Shakey's Pizza Parlor, the official pizza partner of the Dodgers Audio Broadcast. Not a never reach here, It's the best, the number one selection Shakey's Pizza Parlor, Shakey's dot Com. Lady, you have to first pitch Dodgers Cardinals coming up. Time deep into this pitching matchup. Don't go anywhere. I'm Tim Kates's Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on Depo on your home for the Blue All Season Loft.
Speaker 2: It's a Dodgers and Cardinals from Saint Louis. Dodgers starting a three game weekend set. Cardinals struggling they've lost four in a row. They are four to nine now in the month of August. First pitch coming up at five fifteen.
Speaker 1: And now before the Dodgers hit the dining we look at the pitching match.
Speaker 2: Up said about your Southern California Toyota dealers, turn your trail dominating off roading dreams in the reality in an all new twenty twenty four Sacoma. See your Toyota dealer today. They make it easy. Miles Michael is on the mount hasn't been easy for him. He is eight and nine with a five thirty ERA. Thirty five year old right hander made his Major League debut back in twenty twelve with the Padres. He's pitched with the Padres and the Rangers. Then he went to Japan for three years twenty fifteen, twenty sixteen, twenty seventeen, and since twenty eighteen has been back in the Major leagues with the Saint Louis Cardinal. He's a fastball, slider, sinker, curveball pitcher. Making his twenty fifth start this year. He's durable. He has struggled on the last two starts, failing to pitch more than four innings in both of those outings last time out, four innings, four runs, eight hits in a no decision against the Royals. He's made five starts eight appearances against the Dodgers in his career. He's one in three with a five H six ERA in thirty two innings. He's faced the Dodgers once this year, back on Opening Day at Dodger Stadium with the domestic opening Day March twenty eighth at Dodger Stadium, Flurida. Third innings, five runs, seven hits, five strikeouts in a Dodgers win. Is only win against the Dodgers in his career. It was back in twenty nineteen. Justin Robleski's just starting his Dodger career and his Big League career on one one with the four H five r RA in the Big League's twenty four year old left tender eleventh round pick in twenty twenty one of the Dodgers. Baut of Oklahoma State. He started his college career at Clemson, then at JC and Florida. Before going to Oklahoma State, he had an arm injury that saw him drop in the draft. Of the Dodgers really liked it. They started this year in Double A, moved up to Triple A before getting called up to the big leagues and making his debut on July seventh against the Brewers down in triple license, being sent down two starts, zero to one in with a six ' ten e. Right, let's find out the starting lineups.
Speaker 1: Who's starting? Your time for the starting lineups?
Speaker 2: Well, the Dodgers just putting out the starting lineup. Shoey O Tommy batting lead off, your designated hitter, Mookie Betts batting second in right field, Freddie Freeman batting third at first base. Ta Oscar Hernana is batting cleanup tonight in left field. Gavin lux is batting fifth at second base, Will Smith batting sixth and doing the catching, Mago Rojas batting seventh at shortstop, Kevin Kiermeyer is batting eighth in center field, and keyk Hernana is batting ninth tonight at third base. So it's Justin Robleski and Miles Michaelis. As the Dodgers are in Saint Louis to take on the Cardinals. We're fifteen minutes away from first pitch. Keys to the game are next. Don't go anywhere.
Speaker 3: I'm sim kateson. This is Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: As we were saying, yes, he's Marongo Casino Dodgers on tick on the official home of LA Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: Dodgers and Cardinals from Saint Louis start up in a three game weekends at Justin Robleski, Miles Michaelis e Pinchion matchup. Dodgers fans start listening to Dodger games in HD. It's crystal clear. You can do so by downloading the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 3: It's free.
Speaker 2: You can listen in HD and hans you're listening and experience to Dodger games by doing that. It's all powered by La Care Health Plan serving all Angelino's Lacare dot org. All right, before first pitch, let's head back out to the booth Rick Monday, Tim Neverkai.
Speaker 4: Tim, thanks very much. We're counting you down to the first pitch here in Saint Louis. It's a very warm evening as Justin Robleski called up from Triple A to make the start. He will be making his fifth major league start. His last couple of starts were very very good. He deserves a better record, and he's got the bullpen has blown two leads for him. But he's on one with a four to ZHO five ERA, and Roblusky certainly looking forward to this start tonight here in Saint Louis.
Speaker 6: You know, Tim, he has the starts under his belt four as you mentioned, and I think that's a big boost for him. The curve ball is really a big setup pitch for him. Look for that to happen also here tonight. From the Dodgers standpoint with Michael Lists, you start to look now the last five starts, his ERA is well over seven runs in each of those starts. He's also given up over a three point thirty batting average with runners in scoring position. Get some runners on and knock it in tonight.
Speaker 4: It's going to be roster roulette over the next few days because of course, the one to get Justin Roblusky on for tonight, and then tomorrow it will be another roster move to get Ryan Brazier on the active roster. Monday, Tommy Edmund will be back, that was confirmed today by Dodgers skipper Dave Roberts. And then Tuesday Max Months he will get activated. So there's going to be some changes on this roster over the next few days.
Speaker 6: Yeah, absolutely, And tonight Chris Taylor is actually starting in TRIPLEA. He's in a ballgame tonight as.
Speaker 4: Well, adding second, playing second base, with Max Monthly following him playing third as he makes his way back as well. Dodgers and Cardinals Game one of a three game set from Bush Stadium coming up.
Speaker 2: Tim all Right, Dodgers starting the Knights twenty games over five hundred seventy one and fifty one first place taught the NL West Saint Louis Cardinals sixty and sixty one, nine games back at the Brewers in the NL Central, they have lost four in a row. They are four to nine in the month of August. The Dodgers they need to win. They've dropped two straight after winning the first two of that four game series in Milwaukee, and they've got the Diamondbacks and Padres right behind them two games back in the division. I'll be back after this game is over with all the postgame festivity's reaction, of course Dodger talk as well, enjoying Dodgers Cardinals first bitch and Bush Stadium is next. I'm Tim Kates has been Rogo Casino Dodgers on deck on the Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network