Speaker 1: Welcome Just hand Away Tagalog Sermon Podcast, your daily dose of inspiring from heartfelt tagalog sermons from different pastors and speakers all over the Philippines. We hope that this podcast finds you in good shape.
Speaker 2: And now here's your message.
Speaker 1: Good afternoon everyone, Welcome to our three PM service. Pastor Francis here, we're starting a new series entitled Perspective. What is perspective? Perspective is our attitude towards something. It's our point of view that we can actually receive the same information but look at it in a.
Speaker 2: Different lens perspective.
Speaker 1: As we enter this extended quarantine as now the government has imposed a May fifteen new deadline or a new date, my question is what is your perspective? How do you see it? Maybe your answer would be based on your economical status, demographics, or where you live the condition of your family and health. We all have different perspectives. But I believe today as we start the series on perspective, my prayer is that we will see a different kind of perspective. That this is the perspective based on who God is, the perspective of our faith. You know, we can actually respond two ways in every situation, and that is through.
Speaker 2: Fear or faith? What do we choose.
Speaker 1: Whenever we get information, regardless if it's a good information or a bad information, do we respond in fear or do we respond in faith? Perspective? As people of God, we are called to know who He is more and more so that we can live the right perspective. I found this quote in the Internet, and it's not all storms come to disrupt your life. Some come to clear your path. And so it's the way we look at things. What is our attitude as we face the life of crisis or in times of crisis? And this is my question that I want to answer today as we get into the Word. How do you see God today? How do you see God in this situation of our lives? How do you see God in terms of your provision, in terms of your health and your protection. We're going to go through one song for the next three weeks and this is one of my favorite sound Psalms twenty three. It's a song written by David And as you prepare for the Word, please get your Bibles with you. If you have a mobile Bible, that's good. We're reading from the ESV version and so this is what we'll do today. This might be different from how we do our online services. I want you, guys, to declare it and to read it aloud as I read song twenty three, because there is power in declaration. So if you're ready, if you have your Bibles with you now, if this is your first time to encounter the song, you can read with us as we show the Psalm right now, Psalm twenty three some of David. It says, the Lord is my shepherd. I shall not want. He makes me lie down in green pastures. He leads me besides still waters. He restores my soul. He leads me in paths of righteousness for his name's sake. Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I fear no evil, for you are with me. Your rod and your staff they comfort me. You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies. You anoint my head with oil. My cup overflows. Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life, and I shall dwell in the house of the Lord forever. Lord, thank you that you allow us to declare your word today. Lord, allow your word to speak to us in a very personal way. Lord, give us that right perspective, that godly perspective, that biblical perspective on how we should face the situation that we are in. Lord, you are the God who can speak to us in a very personal way. Lord, I may be preaching at one text, but it can minister to every situation that my brothers and sisters are going through today. And so Lord, do your work in and to us. Thank you God, that you will anoint your word today in Jesus name, Amen and Amen.
Speaker 2: We are only.
Speaker 1: Going through one passage of scripture today, which is Punds twenty three, Verse one, very rich sound, very rich text that we can actually have three weeks on Psalm twenty three, and so we are focusing on the first verse and it says the Lord is my shepherd, the Lord. It begins with that statement, The Lord. We know who David was talking about. It is the God that we serve. The God that he is declaring during the time, is the God that we cry out to and pray to even until today.
Speaker 2: The Lord.
Speaker 1: When we go through the name of God in the Bible, especially when we study this text, we will understand the Lord that is used here from the Hebrew word comes from the word yeah y hh. Now we spell it as this way as how I show it in the screen.
Speaker 2: Yahweh.
Speaker 1: Who is, who was, and who is to come. This is the God of the past, the present, and the future, the all powerful God, the King of Kings and the Lord of Lords, the creator of heaven and earth, the sovereign God. And this is the God that David was talking about. When we hear this word yahweh, we can actually say it, and we can worship the Lord. But I actually experience this word in a very personal way. How There's a time that I was preaching in our five and seven in Victory Greenhills, and I didn't know that there was one who attended first time to attend a Christian church and first time to hear the word. He was actually a Jew. And so after the service he approached me. He was a foreigner, and he spoke to me and encouraged me that he got ministered.
Speaker 2: By the word.
Speaker 1: And then all of a sudden he said, but Pastor, can I just share something because you actually pronounce this word wrongly. The right pronunciation is I need to I need paper and pen to type it so that you can read it.
Speaker 2: So I couldn't get.
Speaker 1: What he was saying at first, parago, if you're going to explain this, abimun Langueba, So I asked him, what do you mean, Sabina? You showed a name of God a while ago and you pronounced it wrongly, So how do I pronounce it? And that was my question? So I said, can you just borrow your phone so that I will write how it's properly pronounced?
Speaker 2: So I oblige.
Speaker 1: I gave him my phone and as soon as he typed it, he said, this is how you pronounced it now, and so I go it says yeah, no, no, it's not that way, and he said, I said, how do you say it, Sabina. We're not allowed to speak of this thing. We're not allowed to utter it. We're not allowed to utter it in public. We can just read it. And so I realized the Jewish culture until today, in reverence to this name, they choose not to say it. That's their perspective of this kind of God, that this name can.
Speaker 2: Be read out to or can't. You can't just say it or utter anyway you want.
Speaker 1: How do we see God today in our lives? Is it just like that person who is it that he's so holy, so up there that you can run to him. We can actually have a perspective of God today that yes, he's all powerful in that, but at the same time we see him as an angry God in this situation of our lives. He is angry and is bringing judgment. We can see him as a God who is disappointed. And that's why we hear comments like this from friends and until today a guy can invite me, oh, I know a man watch service or join the service, attend the service, and comments like hey, bahamas preaching Bahama nawaho. Because this is their perspective of who God is. A God who is so powerful and that's true, but someone that they can approach and they can go to in times of trouble. Some would say, maybe I deserve this because I've been doing this kind of life and that's why I'm having a hard time during this crisis. This is the perspective of how they see God, how they see Yahweh. But David as the author of this song, actually gives us a different perspective, a different picture of.
Speaker 2: Who God is, of who Yahweh is.
Speaker 1: And it says here in our main verse it says, the Lord is my shepherd, you know, as a king when he wrote this. This is the most probable time that he wrote it that he was already a king because of the description of the song that he was talking about enemies, he was talking about the value of the shadow of death. And so we know that he was already a king when he wrote this. And so I was thinking, why did he say the Lord is my king? The Lord is my lord. The Lord is the one who calls the shots. He chooses to describe Yahweh, the all powerful God as shepherd number one. We know that David used to be a shepherd before he defeated Goliath. He was actually tending the sheep. He knew what a shepherd really is a shepherd, Why did David call him a shepherd? Why is he saying that the Lord is a shepherd? You know, a shepherd's main job is to feed the sheep. When we say that the shepherd would tend the sheep, not only does he make sure that that they are protected, that they are safe Sanila, he also make sure that they are well fed and that they are healthy. And so what do shepherds do during those times with less technology and less properties of studying grass. What they would do is that they would travel in a far far place to check the best type of grass and make sure that they are near a water source.
Speaker 2: For the sheep.
Speaker 1: He would actually go and make sure that they would be fed on the right time.
Speaker 2: I've heard this study.
Speaker 1: That when you put sheep and don't give them space, they would actually eat from the allocation of the others AI. And so what do the shepherds do. They actually make sure that they are they have their own space, they have their own section of gas, and make sure that they bring them from place to place to be fed and to be healthy.
Speaker 2: What else.
Speaker 1: Not only that this is the things that we know that the shepherd do, but when you study really what the shepherd's way is, you'd be amazed that every sheep or the lamb, the baby ones, they would actually name them Pina, Pangalan and Palana shepherd.
Speaker 2: And every day every night baby they would talk to him.
Speaker 1: They would declare Alamo sheep, They declared, you will be named Matthew, Yeah, tiktokuse Alvi Jason and Korea Jason Dido Pinapala sheep. It the shepherd would actually talk with it and The reason why he does this is not only because he cares for the sheep, is that for the sheep to know the shepherd's voice. I've seen some virtube videos where people would try to mimic the voice of the shepherd. When he would actually call everyone home, he would say a word and they would actually look and respond, And so the people would try to mimic the voice. No, they would modulate, they would try to make sure it's the same voice, but.
Speaker 2: In the end they would not respond.
Speaker 1: But as soon as the shepherd says something, they would actually look and follow.
Speaker 2: You know, the shepherd. The way of the shepherd is living with them.
Speaker 1: He would actually be remotely staying with them, walking with them, and speaking to them in a.
Speaker 2: Very personal way. You know.
Speaker 1: The first thing that I learned from this song that I want to share with you is this that David was saying, The Lord is my Shepherd, was a picture that the Lord that we have.
Speaker 2: Is a very personal god.
Speaker 1: He is a god who knows the things that are going to He's a god who is very personal. That's why David said, my shepherd. Imagine this today, all of us know President, all of us know Trump, all of us know very popular people, but very seldom really know who they are in a personal level. Very seldom that people know what makes them happy, or how they move or how they operate. And what is the difference of people who know these people and us who know them from a farm. It's that personal encounter with them. And the Lord, the all powerful God that we have, is a very personal god. He knows everything about us. You know. The Philippines knows what we need today, and that's why they're trying to make sure that the health facility is ready, trying to make sure that we have allocation for food. But in the end, those are the things that they know for general. But only the God that we have knows what we truly need. That it's more than a food for physical health, but it's food for our mental and spiritual health. He knows every cry of our hearts. He actually knows the things that whenever we grow, we hear that Lord alimno Alimanu, the God that we have, knows us by name. He actually knows everything that is going through us today. He even knows the things that we don't know. This is the God that we have, a very personal god, you know. Jesus also defined himself as a shepherd because this is who he really is. In one of the i ams in the Book of John, he says that he is the good shepherd.
Speaker 2: Let me read that.
Speaker 1: It says in John chapter ten, verse fourteen, I am the good Shepherd. I know my own and my own known. He knows his sheep, and his sheep know him. Jesus knows everything that is going through you today, the things that you might need, the things that is going on in your life, that heartache, that mourning for people who close to you have passed. He knows every tear, every sadness, every joy. He is a God who is with us, and he's a God who is very personal to us.
Speaker 2: The question is do we know the voice of God? Do we consider us a sheep who follow the shepherd? You know?
Speaker 1: David says, the Lord is my shepherd, that he's willing to follow him because he knows the voice of God. You know, God wants to speak to us today. He's been speaking to us. The question is do we hear his voice as we continue? It says, the Lord is my shepherd.
Speaker 2: I shall not want. What do I want in my life? Today?
Speaker 1: When I was studying these text I realize I want that security that I will have enough food until May fifteen, even though I don't go out that piece, that I will not get infected, my wife, my family will not get infected by this virus, including me, that I'll be healthy.
Speaker 2: This is the crime of my heart. Heay, Lord, I go, Lord, the things that I want.
Speaker 1: You know, this quarantine time makes all of us realize that the things that we want today is different from the things that we want two months ago, because of COVID, because of this quarantine, because of this global crisis. I believe that all of us have changed the things that we want now. Iba, we know what is important. We know now what we need, We know what we have to value, what we need treasure.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: The things that we might want in life change depending on your situation, depending on the time, the season. But there's one thing that remains. The provider is the same. Whatever we want today, the Bible says we can have everything that we want through Jesus, through.
Speaker 2: The God that we worship. He is the Lord and our shepherd.
Speaker 1: I actually went through this research on the different kinds of versions Bible versions in Psalms twenty ty verse one, and I want to share with you a picture of how God is very personal and how God thinks about our provision. In the NIV version, it says, the Lord is my shepherd. I shall not lack or I will not lack nothing. The Message version says I don't need a thing. The NLT version says I have all that I need. And I like the last version that I'm going to share. It's from the easy to read version. It says I will always have everything I need. That the God that we have is not only the God of today. Yahweh is a God of yesterday, today, and tomorrow. Whatever we needed in the past, he was there to give it to us. Whatever we need today, I declare that he will supply all your needs today and that whatever we need tomorrow he will be there to.
Speaker 2: Provide for all of us. The God that we have is a God who provides.
Speaker 1: My question for each and everyone today is this Who is this person who is provided for you today? If it's not God, how do you answer this blank that we're showing to you today?
Speaker 2: Blank is my shepherd? I shall not want you know.
Speaker 1: Sometimes we fill in that blank with a bank account. The bank account is my shepherd. It leads me, and I shall not want for aslam as male a man. Fortunately, even today we can even access some of the accounts, or sometimes or some of us are actually depleting the account. What else It might be our career, this is my shepherd, this is the way, is the one leading me to renier pastures. But there's that fear of not knowing who I still.
Speaker 2: Have work tomorrow?
Speaker 1: Will my condition change, where my perspective change on the things I want? Is it still there tomorrow? It might be our parents who are actually helping us in providing for us.
Speaker 2: How on a bala?
Speaker 1: It's good that we get help, But are they are real provided? Are they the ones shepherding us? Are they the ones who are making us declare that oil and taio?
Speaker 2: For as long as they are there? Is it ourselves?
Speaker 1: Do we put our name there as our shepherds? And the one who leads us to make us not want? You know the examples I've given you to you today. That may be our career, or family or bank, how our even ourselves.
Speaker 2: We know this.
Speaker 1: It's all fleeting, can actually disappear, can actually run out. But the God that we have is a god who will stay until the end, and that the promise is he will provide for everything that we need.
Speaker 2: The Lord is our provider.
Speaker 1: Let me repeat that our God is our provider yahweh Jairah means the Lord will see it through, He will make sure, he will make a way.
Speaker 2: The Lord is my provider.
Speaker 1: Declared that right now, brothers and sisters, and to palin On, we know worship Matt and he is a provider. I'm going to share with your story of one of our Victory Group leaders who went through this crisis in a very personal way because her mom actually got infected by this COVID nineteen. It was very early, even before the quarantine, and so a lot of people didn't know how to handle this.
Speaker 2: And so as a daughter.
Speaker 1: Who also has her own family, she has also kids in a husband, she was so consumed about emotionally physically about how to go about the situation in the hospital. Boue leman Sean m stayed there. He can't stay. She's doing it remotely. She doesn't know if the mom being taken care of. We don't know the success rates yet in the Philippines. She was so worried and she was saying this to us because she wanted to share how God has provided for her because because of too much worries, because of too much being consumed by the mom in this situation, I'm sure tied to tile, we will also forget the other things that we need to take care of. And so because of that, because they are direct, they had a direct contact with her mom, they also had to be quarantine. They also had to be monitored, and so they were not allowed to leave the house.
Speaker 2: But before being.
Speaker 1: Locked in, you have to understand she was consumed by the concerns in the hospital and so when she got locked in, this is what she realized.
Speaker 2: She did not prepare for the quarantine. But because God is our provider, the cry.
Speaker 1: Of her heart was, Lord, heal my mom. You know what, this is her testimony that food just came in from friends began to bless them. I remember the husband was telling me it's the first time they actually received one sack of rice case they only buy a few.
Speaker 2: And provisions just came in.
Speaker 1: People wanted to continue to bless them, to support them with food.
Speaker 2: People.
Speaker 1: They haven't talked that much people, And this is how God provides for us to his people. You know, when God says he is our provider. It's for the things that we think of and ask from him, but it's also the things that we don't even remember asking. This is how much our God loves us. This is who our God is, the Yahweh, the Lord that we have is our shepherd.
Speaker 2: He is concerned about our provision.
Speaker 1: And so I want to share this that this is the truth that we have, that the truth that we live in is this, that we have a generous God. Let me say, Lord in Dylan shall be beginning something sapatlaan. He's a God who is generous. He's a God who wants the best for us. He's the God who not only delights in the things that we delight in, he actually wants to bless us. But but bless I realized not comingy Pam before we got in or after sorry we got to probably Ama to a month in we we actually began to realize a lot of things that God has provided us with. You have to understand, well, was coming internet as a house for the past since we moved in this place and we've been here for more than five years, and so we've been only dependent in our phones. I have my data allocation. She has hers for slums. We don't go over that, or we don't. We want to spend more time together and in the sweet internet Internet.
Speaker 2: But early this year.
Speaker 1: Or January, we been actually praying to God about this. We know it's additional expense, but I believe God allowed us now to have our own Internet connection. So we got a good deal and it was a blessing to us. And what else, For some reason, somebody gave us a tripod for the phone for me to shoot this video. A year back, somebody gave us this. They call it a phone soak. My mom gave us this phone soap and putting phone soak. It's a UV light where you put in stuff the phone, the case, whatever, so that it can disinfect. And this is what we realize now. God actually prepared us for this quarantine. He equipped us with the things that we need. The Internet that we need, the way to disinfect, the things that we need, the tripod to shoot this video, the light that we need. The God that we have is Genus, and the God that we have knows what we need even before we say it or.
Speaker 2: We ask of it. I hope you have that kind of.
Speaker 1: Picture or perspective of the God that we have, yo that he is willing to give us the things.
Speaker 2: That we haven't even asked for. They need to put and so to put.
Speaker 1: You question, gono, if the God that we have is very generous, if the God that we have is all powerful, all knowing, a Lemni Basi lord, he's not bound by time.
Speaker 2: We can go to them any time.
Speaker 1: He's not buying by kota and next year Indian lords am lord today next year. You know, the God that we have is so generous, is so loving. He is the kind of shepherd that would actually go the extra mile to just give us what we need. If the God that we have is this, why can't we go to him and ask for provision. Why don't we allow God to shepherd us in our lives? Why don't we allow God to be the provider of our lives today? The God that we have wants the best for us, The God that we have wants to provide for us. Allow him to be the shepherd of your life today. This is a picture of who Jesus is and the life that he wants for us. In John chapter ten, verse ten is one of my favorite verses. It says the thief has come to steal, kill and destroy. We hear this, and I think this might be a reality for you today. The enemy is trying to steal that joy that we have because of this time. The enemy is trying to kill the dreams that you have. It feels like the end of our world. He's trying to deceive us. But the reality is this that the coming of Jesus has given us.
Speaker 2: The next part of the verse, it says.
Speaker 1: I came that they may have life Agustani Lord cardinam Buh even today, and not just any kind of life. The Bible says, and have it abundantly excited out for you, because the God that we have wants a life that is full in abundant. We have to see God for who he is really a one, the God that wants to shepherd you, the God that wants to lead you, to protect you, to provide for you. And by doing so, you will actually want us to have that kind of abundant life. Are you willing that Jesus be the shepherd of your life today? This is the God that we have and the God that we worship. I'm going to end with this, The Lord is our shepherd. Let's make that more personal. Can declare it where you are today, say it with me. The Lord is my shepherd. Jesus is my shepherd. Our declaration today before I pray, how do we apply this word today? Two things that we can do right after the service, right after we pray, I want you to.
Speaker 2: Do two things. Go to your room, seek God and ask him this question, Lord, are you the shepherd of my life? Lord?
Speaker 1: I know that you are all powerful, that you can do miracles. Until today you intervene in our situation.
Speaker 2: You provide.
Speaker 1: A question that you want to ask God, is are you the shepherd of my life? And if your personal answer is no, I believe this is a time for us to go back to God and say, Lord, I repent. Lord, I want you to lead my life. I want you to be the shepherd.
Speaker 2: Lord.
Speaker 1: I can't shepherd my own life. The more I do it, the more I break it. The more I try to lead my life, the more that I cannot make it work. And it's a time for us to go back to God and say, Lord, lead me be the shepherd.
Speaker 2: Of my life. Church is the.
Speaker 1: Time for us to pray, and I pray that as you are home right now, disclose your eyes and allow the.
Speaker 2: Holy Spirit to minister to you today.
Speaker 1: Lord, thank you that as you have spoken to us, Lord, allow us to see you.
Speaker 2: Yes as that God who.
Speaker 1: Is all powerful, but also that God is very personal, who loves us, who knows where we are today. Or thank you that my brothers and sisters will feel your presence in their situation.
Speaker 2: On a lamb. Now you can be a shepherd in our lives. That you will shepherd our lives.
Speaker 1: Or thank you that you will be our provider or the lack that we have you complete, or thank you that we will not find completion in other things, you will find completion.
Speaker 2: In you lead us, guide us, Lord God, and thank you.
Speaker 1: That's just like that picture that you've given us of talking to the Lord. Give more, but you will talk to us Salama, point on salamat where we love you. We praise you today. We honor you today with our lives in Jesus name, Amen and Amen.
Speaker 2: God bless you all. I hope to see you guys next week. Thank you for listening. We hope that you enjoy today's episode.
Speaker 1: Don't get to share and subscribe to this podcast for more. God bless you all.