Speaker 1: Hello, and welcome to Psychic Teachers. I'm your host, Deb Bowen.
Speaker 2: I'm Samantha Fay.
Speaker 1: We're so excited that you are joining us this week for our monthly Q and A episode. We've got a lot of really interesting questions. We'll see how far we get with them, Samantha, you want to.
Speaker 2: I know we have so many this month. We might have to do a part two. We'll see because there's some good ones.
Speaker 1: Oh no, all right, get us gone, all right?
Speaker 2: Our first one, says Hi Devin. Samantha, I've been listening to your podcast for a while and it's been a warm and comforting companion while out walking. I absolutely love listening to you both, and you make me feel like I'm part of your family. Oh, thank you. Isn't that the best?
Speaker 1: I love it? Thank you so much.
Speaker 2: Anyway, she says, something strange happened yesterday and I had to tell you. I was listening to your November Q and A show where you spoke about telepathy. I think it's fascinating, but haven't really looked into it. Later that day, while I was working, I was overcome with emotion as my mom popped into my heart. She left us in August twenty twenty three, and though the grief has eased a little, I still miss her every day. I moved from my desk to the couch and hugged a pillow made from her clothing. As I sobbed, I suddenly stood up and wiped the tears from my face and thought, how I longed to talk to my son, but knew he was at work and I didn't want to disturb him. My phone rang within ten seconds of having that thought, and I could tell by the ring tone it was my son. I was so shocked and told him how I'd just been wishing to talk to him, and he told me that he had just had the thought that we hadn't spoken in a few days. Surely that can't be a coincidence. After listening to you talk about telepathy, I think my mom knew that talking to my son would help me get on with my day and gave him a gentle nudge to call me. Isn't that amazing? Yes it is, and that's how telepathy works. And this is a really good example of what I like to call positive cording. You know, Deb and I have talked a lot about chords and how you have negative chords to people, but you also have positive, loving chords to people. And so I feel as though when she was thinking, gosh, I'd love to talk to my son right now, but he's at work, I think that thought pulled on that loving chord she has with her child, and he felt it and called his mom. It's just injectable.
Speaker 1: It is beautiful. And you know, I think of this sometimes because that certainly we've seen it happen with other people, that happens with you and I with people what we want to talk to or who want to talk to us. It's almost like this some kind of universal telephone line that connects folks in interesting ways. You know, Mom on the other side connecting to son, who connects to Mom. I mean, the circle goes on and on and on, and I just love how that works.
Speaker 2: I do too, And thank you for taking us on your walks, and thank you for taking time to share that story.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, thanks so much. Okay, Samantha. Our next one says, I just listened to your cosmic whispers. When the universe says no episode, it was definitely a sign that it was the right time for me to listen to it. The universe does speak and work with us in subtle yet loud ways. I recently experienced a miscarriage early on during my second pregnancy before Mother's Day. What brought me hope and grace was what Samantha mentioned a few times during the past episodes about how souls choose the time they enter our lives and know when the time is right. I want to thank you for that. This is a reminder that my body is a host and that I don't have any control over whether it works out or not, as long as I do the best I can with what I've got. I know our baby will come back to us when they are ready, and we will be here to love and cherish them. Also in January, I received an official ADHD diagnosis after I experienced severe anxiety and postpartum depression after giving birth to my first child.
Speaker 2: The weird thing is.
Speaker 1: I remember being evaluated at ten years old, but in nineteen ninety nine they didn't diagnose me since they didn't have the research as to what ADHD looks like in girls back then. I immediately felt anger, betrayal, and resentment from the school and my parents for not advocating for me. I wouldn't have been labeled as the bad kid by teachers. My parents thought I was just being lazy for not wanting to read and study. I felt stupid when I struggled to pay attention and even got kicked out of college because my grades were so low. If I had the diagnosis back then, I would have received more support and resources. However, I felt liberated and freed knowing that I have ADHD because it makes more sense and I don't feel so stupid anymore. My brain is just wired differently, and that's okay. I now have the resources and support to guide and help me cope rather than masking my ADHD. With all that being said, I now understand that I had to go through those hardships to get to where I am today. I am channeling all the negative experiences and adversities through my nonprofit organization by helping people of all ages access therapy, peer support groups, and evaluations. And I am now becoming the woman I wish I had by my side when I was younger. For others in my community, this episode truly resonated and helped me see how the universe has our backs and that there is a greater purpose in life than what we can see with our eyes at the moment. Thank you both so much. Woo. I can't tell you how many people I have known over the years whose story is so similar to this person's. I'm so sorry about your miscarriage, and how wonderful do you have this diagnosis and have this support and that you are using what has been your experience to help others. Thank you.
Speaker 2: This is what we mean by being the light. It is taking all the good and the bad the universe has given you and still choosing to share your love, your gifts, your talents, your empathy and compassion with those around you. And look at what she's doing with her nonprofit. That is so beautiful.
Speaker 1: Absolutely it is.
Speaker 2: I'm just wonderful. Yes, okay. Our next one says, I have been seeing people that have passed on and shadow people in my hallway. It's like they're dropping into visit. Last night, as I was alone looking at my phone, a shortwave radio I have not used since twenty twenty three turn on by itself to static at maximum volume. A couple of minutes after, I saw three shadows in the hallway, both incidents being rare, I decided they must be related and wanted to close the hallway for visitors that are not invited. My question is what crystals can I place in the hallway? Well, yeah, I would think those are connected, wouldn't you deb shadows and then a radio you haven't used in two years turning on by itself.
Speaker 1: I would, And certainly I know you're going to talk about the crystals that might be helpful to her. I have an additional suggestion.
Speaker 2: Okay, Well, crystals that would help with this would be any protective stone like shungaite, neu mite, black tormaline, hematite would be really really good. Amethyst is also good because it'll put up a shield, but it'll also put up an energy of healing, because I've always felt that shadow people are not always a great thing to see, and they tend to pop up when we're feeling stressed. So you might want to consider putting an amethyst or a lepidolite by your bedside as well to calm your own energy. Or lithium courts is always a good one for that as well. And just make sure as you fall asleep to ask whatever resonates for you as your higher power to walk through the house and vacuum away take away usher out of your home, any anxiety, stress, residue of anxious thoughts throughout the day, and any unwonted energies in the home, and just ask that higher power to just vacuum them up and take them away into the light for you. For me, of course, I always ask Arkandel Michael to do that, and wait does he respond.
Speaker 1: The other thing I learned a long time ago. Shadow people have to leave when you command them to do so. So if you say, in addition to what Samantha has suggested, be gone, you are not welcome here, they have to go. I remember really stressful time in my life some years ago where I started seeing shadow people in the corners in my doorways in my house, and I thought.
Speaker 2: Oh no, no, no, no.
Speaker 1: First of all, I knew I needed to do something with my own anxiety. But I said that and they went away. So that might help you too.
Speaker 2: That's a really, really good reminder.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you have more power than you think you do. Okay, Our next one says, just want to get your opinion on this. I saw a rescue cat online that needed a new home. I asked my guys to send me a yellow car if I should get the cat, and they delivered myself and my husband saw many yellow cars for days, so we decided to get the cat, a beautiful Balinese cat. However, on our way, a different cat ran out in front of our car. She was clearly very ill, walking very slowly, not even trying to dodge cars. My husband said to get her into the cage that we had in the car for the other cat and to bring her to the vet. So I hopped out of the car and she basically ran into the cage. To cut a long story short, we decided to keep this cat instead of the other one. She has been in and out of the vets for four months now. She has staged three kidney failure. She has had three blood transfusion as severe anima, and a fungus which she also gave to my other cat and dog. She needs seven different types of medication every day now, I assume for the rest of her life. I want to own an animal shelter in the future. So I tried to look on the bright side and think maybe my guys are showing me what it will really be like, because I feel like I've been on an emotional rollercoaster with her and have learned a lot about medicine and diseases. I'm thinking maybe this is a test. But now I'm listening to your podcast episode about negative signs from the universe, and am thinking that this is a sign I shouldn't have an animal shelter as she keeps getting sick. What do you think, Well, I don't see this as a negative thing from the universe at all. I see this as a wonderful blessing that you have been there and are continuing to be there for this wonderful four legged person.
Speaker 2: I agree one hundred percent. And this has happened to me so many times. I remember when I wanted to get a little dog. I looked at rescue sites and I found a little Chihuahua named Spike, and dev I fell in love with this little Chiuaha named Spike. I was like, this has to be my little person. And so I got all the things you need for a little dog and we got in our car. The organization was an hour and a half away. I put my kids in the car and we all drove there. And we get there and the person was like, we're so sorry. Someone just came and took Spike to their home, and I was so sad. I remember driving home going no, no, I thought Spike was for us. And two days later a client called me and she says, I'm cutting hair for one of her clients. And she said, I thought I heard you mention that you were getting a little dog. But she has a little Yorky that she needs to rehome because this little Yorkie needs a surgery for a hernia. And she said, what do you think, And I said, I will be there. And that's how my little Lily came into my life.
Speaker 1: Oh isn't that lovely, wonderful Lily. If you all I listened to this podcast for any length of time, y'all know about Lily, but there was also Charlie.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, Charlie, and Charlie.
Speaker 1: Was a gift from the universe for you in very different ways. Charlie and Lily were very different kinds of Yorkies. And Charlie tested Samantha's medal a lot.
Speaker 2: Yes, Charlie needed a lot of help. His full name was Charlie Brown and let me tell you, he epitomized Charlie Brown in every way. I had actual teeth removed at one point. Dev that was so awful. I remember that just rotted out of his mouth because he was mistreated for so long. But I loved Charlie too. But anyway, Yes, I think that these animals come into our life, and you probably, this listener probably had this idea of getting another cat, And this is how our guides work. They're like, how are we going to get her to get another cat. We'll show her this beautiful picture of this super healthy, amazing cat, and then she's on her way to get the cat. And then this poor needy little thing who needs so many surgeries and medicines, limps into the car, walks into the cage. I mean that's meant to.
Speaker 1: Be Well, yes, it is, of course. And you know that's not a negative sign from the universe. That is a reinforcement from the universe that you are doing exactly what you need to be doing.
Speaker 2: Yes, And it's showing you that you have the strength, resiliency, patience and resources to help other animals like this.
Speaker 1: Sometimes what we think our is a negative something is really a positive something, and we really have to be careful with trying to outthink the universe.
Speaker 2: I think, okay, let's take a very quick break and we'll be right back with another beautiful story. Hey everyone, just wanted to remind you that I'm asking for help celebrating my birthday this month. I'm asking anyone who has felt moved or inspired by the show to do a random act of kindness and then send me an email about it. I'll compile them and share them on a future episode. A few listeners have already started doing this and sharing it with me. One listener hid some art she made around town, Another made a meal for a friend who was having a rough week, and another made a bracelet for a neighbor. She left it on his windshield and he responded with the note back that said thank you, Let's be friends, which I just absolutely adore. So if you want to help me share the light, please consider doing a random act of kindness and then tell me about it. Send me an email at Samantha at Samantha Fay dot com. Also, I'm teaching my be your Own Psychic class and Mediumship classes in July. These are super interactive, fun, educational, and supportive classes that will teach you how to truly and fully awaken and embrace your spiritual gifts. Just go to Samantha Fay dot com and click the upcoming events tab also check out Deb's great website for her upcoming events, her newsletter, and fantastic course offerings by checking out Debbowen dot com. Okay, let's get back to the show. Welcome back. Our next one says, I listened to your podcast today on how to know if the Universe is saying No, and it reminded me that it was your podcast where I learned to ask my spirit guides for a sign. So I thought you might enjoy the story about how you help me communicate with my spirit guides and convince me that without a doubt, they are listening, available, and will do what they can to respond to a request for confirmation. It's a little bit of a long story, but worth reading to the end, I promise. On the last day of June in twenty twenty, I was driving back home to Boise after a two week trip to Seattle. I was extremely worried about a particular situation, and my friend, knowing I was distressed, recommended I listened to your podcast on my nine hour drive home. She had taken Debs to ROAUE class and suggested I might enjoy listening. I listened to your podcast for nearly the entire trip home, and when I wasn't listening, I was praying mostly the words show me what to do, over and over again. As I listened, I kept noticing how often you encourage us to listen for and to our spirit guides. That felt right to me, and I remember saying out loud, how do you know that your spirit guides are available to you, that they're out there, that they're around you. How do we know that they are a part of our lives? And can hear us? You suggested asking our guides for a sign. At that point, I thought, I don't even know who I'm talking to, but if you can hear me, I need you to give me some kind of a sign. What to ask for? I thought, Okay, I don't want it to be something simple. I don't want it to be a bluebird or you know, a butterfly or things that I've heard about before. The first thing that popped into my mind was three gold rings. Please show me three gold rings, I asked. I kept my eyes peeled for the remaining four hours of the drive looking for three gold rings, but nothing showed up. Then, maybe two weeks after I got home, I was watching CBS Sunday morning with my husband. We hadn't watched that show together in over a year, and as we were watching, the CBS logo came on the screen and I saw that it was three gold rings. Only then I remembered I had asked for that as a sign. I thought, what I imagine many do. Yeah, that's really cool, But you know that doesn't feel like I can count on that. So I decided to ask for another sign. I thought, how about a hummingbird. I absolutely love hummingbirds. My husband knows how much I love them, so a few years ago he bought some hummingbird feeders for our garden. That's it, I thought. My spirit guides, whomever they are, know that I needed them to send me a hummingbird. But it can't be just another hummingbird in our garden. So I said, would you please show me a hummingbird in an environment that I'm not used to seeing them in. Then I told my husband about your podcast and that I was asking for a sign in the form of a hummingbird in a very different environment. About a week later, I was standing in our living room talking with my husband. My back was to the big windows to our patio behind me, so my husband said, don't move too fast, turn around slowly. I turned around just in time to see the hummingbird, who'd been hovering at the window and staring into our living room fly away. I said, oh, my gosh, that was it. A hummingbird in a different environment than I normally see. My husband smiled, but I could tell he was thinking it was a reach to imagine that hummingbird was a message from my guides. Oh, I think we've all seen that smile. It's that smile that says, aw, that's so sweet of you.
Speaker 1: You're so pretty.
Speaker 2: It's just you're so pretty. Then about two weeks later, he and I were sitting on our patio eating dinner and we heard this very strange sound. It was faint. I don't even know how to describe it. The sound was as if a bird was singing. We didn't know where it was coming from. But when I looked up into the canopy of trees, I saw a single hummingbird flying up high and then down low, and as he was doing it, he was making this faint, trilling sound. I looked at my husband. Knowingly he agreed it was unique, but he surely did not declare his belief that it was my spirit God sending me a sign. At some point in the following days, I asked him if he ever prays anymore, and I was surprised to hear him say he isn't sure he believes in much of anything anymore. So then, my husband and I are fishing at a lake about two hours from home. I'm standing on the back of the boat casting my line, and he's on the front of the boat casting his line. Just as I cast my line, a hummingbird shows up out of nowhere. Now, let me just say right now that we have never seen hum birds on any lake when we are fishing. Ever, this hummingbird came within about fifteen inches from my face and just hovered there, looking me directly in the eyes. I quietly said my husband's name, and he turned to see this remarkable moment. Then the hummingbird darted off to the other end of the boat and flew directly to my husband. He hovered there about a foot or so in front of his face, looking directly at him, and then he flew off and was gone. We stood in silence, looking at each other. I said, do you believe now, yes, he said, I don't think I cannot believe it now. Oh that gives me chills.
Speaker 1: I love talk about an in your face sign, literally truly.
Speaker 2: I love this because this hummingbird killed two birds with one stone. Not only did he deliver the sign to our beautiful licitor, but this hummingbird helped her husband start to believe a.
Speaker 1: What a beautiful story. Thank you so much for that. And you know her experience of trying something and doubting and trying something and doubting and second guessing herself and second guessing the universe and second guessing for spirit guides. We've all done that. We all have done it, some of us even you know some of us still do it. But there comes a time, as is her story, where it is undeniable that there is something going on that is bigger than we are, and isn't it a miracle? And isn't it wonderful?
Speaker 2: I just love this story. I do too. It was worth reading to the end, so thank you for that.
Speaker 1: It was okay. Our next one says, I have a question about something that has always confused me. We know we are souls learning lessons here on earth and returning back to Earth after we die, and continually reincarnate to learn more lessons. But then, how is it that our ancestors are still on the other side to greet us when we pass. Shouldn't they be back on Earth by then? How are they on the other side communicating with us here on Earth. Well, this is a great question, and it's a fun and far more convoluted and complex answer than we can probably give in this episode. But I'll give you the kind of the overview here. For one thing, time is different on the other side. So what we think of as now or the past is an always accurate assessment of linear time. It's a different way of looking at time. But the other piece of this is that when we die physically on this plane and we cross over, we have chores and tasks and more lessons to learn while we're in another place across the veil I call it, where we have things to do and people to connect with and lessons to learn. And we have pointed in quote time while we're across the veil to work with our guides and our support team to figure out what we're going to do to learn new lessons when we come back onto this earthplane. So sometimes when we think of our ancestors as being across the veil. You have to think of them as being everywhere, really everywhere over a period of time. Once again, I really cannot recommend enough to you reading Helen greeves wonderful book Testimony of Light. It probably to this day does the very best job that I know of blaming this concept of our relationships with others as we cross over. Samantha, you want to add to that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, First of all, I believe that our higher self resides on the other side always. There's the original, the og spark of our soul stays on the other side, and aspects of us incarnate and this I think explains parallel lives as well, But that's a whole other rabbit hole, right. Also, people tend to stay on the other side for about one hundred years on average, and that's not proven obviously, but that's what most people who are able to connect with the other side have seen and experienced. And I think it's true because if you I shared this story in my first book, The Awake Dreamer. My grandmother, my mom's mom, you know, wasn't really the nicest lady, and she died when I was twelve, and when I was thirty five. I had a dream visitation where she said that she had put off her life review for years on the other side because she didn't want to deal with it, and she finally was doing it and was having a hard time getting through all of that, and she asked for our prayers, and so we all prayed for her, and I had another dream visit with her a couple of weeks later, where she looked beautiful and was glowing in light and said, thank you, your prayers worked, I can move on to the next level. My father passed away three years ago this month. I didn't have my first real dream visit with him until six months ago, and he said he was still doing his life review process because he enjoyed it so much. He found it absolutely fascinating what he was learning. So we also have a lot of choice about how much time we can spend on the other side and when we're going to return. So I think that there's all sorts of reasons why we come back quickly or why we choose to stay for a long time. A lot of people believe that if you have to reincarnate with someone to balance out some karma, well then you have to wait for everyone to get on the other side and do your life review together and map it all out. A lot of people believe that if you pass young or tragically, you'll come back more quickly. But in any case, there is that view that I ascribed to as well, that our higher self always stays on the other side, and that is what mediums are communicating with, even if an aspect of them has reincarnated.
Speaker 1: Yeah, thank you for that. That's helpful.
Speaker 2: I hope this is helpful to our listener me too. All right, Our next one says, I want to let you know how much I appreciate what you're doing to educate people like me who suddenly find themselves on a spiritual path. I was raised as an agnostic atheist. My childhood wasn't easy, though I was lucky to have a lot of strong women around me who saw me for who I was and loved me. These women were wonderful role models too. When a brilliant close friend of my parents had embarked on her own spiritual path around that time, she became a healer and practitioner, The WU became a part of my everyday life, visiting crystal shops, talking about meditation, reincarnation, near death experiences, astral travel, all from a very grounded perspective, Samantha, She gave me the same kid's book about astral travel that you read. Thanks for mentioning it. Oh, that's really cool. This friend trained as a hippotherapist and helped my sister and I with regressions when we were young teens. All this stayed in the little compartment in my mind as I went to university, studied psychology, got regular psychotherapy, found my career calling and built and left a long relationship with an unsupportive, emotionally abusive man. A year ago, the universe, or my guides or someone intervened. As I stood up from the lunch table at work to stretch. Without warning, I fainted, falling temple first onto a concrete floor in front of two colleagues. I was annoyed and apologized to my crew that they'd have to finish the day's project without me, since I had to go to the er. As the concussion set in, I suddenly had to face the silence and stillness I had been avoiding. Things had been creeping into my consciousness before I was forcibly grounded, most notably a dream before my uncle's funeral, where I was taken to a room in a beautiful old stone farmhouse, the long ancient oak table, where many women and one man were silently and peacefully preparing a feast without speaking. I knew that these were ancestors I had been researching as I put together my family tree, and that they were prepared ring a feast to welcome my uncle. After the funeral, I gently mentioned this to my cousins, and the blank stairs convinced me not to elaborate. Oh, I've been there. A few months later, my partner told me he wasn't excited to come home to me, and he eventually left. In the grief of that time, I started to have these intense insights when I woke up, but unconnected to any dream I could remember telling my partner. One of them led him to admit something he had been keeping from me. He later said he wouldn't have revealed it if I hadn't told him about my dream download. Several more of these followed before he moved out, leading to several of these most meaningful and intimate conversations I've ever had. They changed the course of our separation and allowed us to be truly honest and open. Now, just over a year since my cosmic wake up call, I've begun meditating. I've taken a step back from work to get help fixing the situation, and I've started following the nudges and pulls on getting to reconnect with the WU. I've reconnected with my mom and found she's really done a lot of healing and self reflection, and my ex and I are still in contact and still love each other. I've become much more confident in my intuition and accept and cherish that I just know certain things are going to work out, so there's no need to worry. And I've had profound insights and experiences meditating, including seeing chakras their color size where they are blocked, as well as an intense premonition about a former family member. I've performed several cord cutting meditations, learned how to psychically clear and protect myself and my space. Gon dirovertually every metaphysical or crystal shop around, bought more books than I think I can read, and binged years of episodes of your shows. If I hadn't followed that very annoying and persistent nudge to search for a psychic podcast. I wouldn't have found you two, and wouldn't have learned how many other people find themselves in a similar place, wondering if they're losing their minds. I'm so grateful to know I'm not. You both are gifts. Wow, well you're a gift too. That's just a beautiful email and a wonderful story about how when we really do listen to those nudges we can fully embrace our spiritual path. You know what strikes me the most about this email besides all the good stuff, but just as as a workaholic myself, when she faints in front of her colleagues, her first instinct was to apologize, who can relate to that? You and I Yeah, whoo, but that makes me sad? Like she fainted, and her first thing was I'm so sorry I won't be able to finish out the workday.
Speaker 1: Oh, we have been there, We understand that. Yes, and thank you for including that in this email to us, because I bet you that the three of us are not alone in that mindset. I think there's something, and it would be an interesting thing to study, is what is the incident The percentage of folks who follow this path and who want to really dive deeply in to the metaphysical world. How many of us are perfectionists? How many of us really do feel like that we have to be perfect and do and do and do, And I bet the number is huge.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but look, she said, she's taken a step back from work and she's good aditating and seeing all this cool stuff with chakras and cord cutting, and I just love that. And I love that she followed her intuition, shared it with her partner, and it enabled them to have a healthier I don't even want to say breakup because it sounds as though they're still connected, which is great, you know, like they're able to part ways but do so in an amicable way because she followed her intuition.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's wonderful. Thank you so much for this email. We're glad to connect with you, Samantha. I think we have time.
Speaker 2: Maybe for one more, Yes, I think so. Okay.
Speaker 1: I've heard you both talk about how time is going faster now, boy is it? I was just wondering if it seems that way because of all the technology. I'm current sitting at the hair salon waiting for the hair dye to work its magic forty five minutes, and if I didn't have my cell phone, that time would drag. I often turn off the radio or podcast or my drive to work and just enjoy the scenery, which makes my car ride seem longer. I also wonder if the ease of housework cooking, with all the time saving gadgets, gives us more time to do other stuff, making us so busy that it seems that time flies. People used to sit and talk more, spend more time ironing, and less time on electronics, fast food and door dash, googling anything at any time, faster, speed limits, etc. I kind of think we're moving faster and not paying attention to time. I'm pretty sure this forty five minutes is going quicker for me than when my grandma used to get her weekly hair set every Saturday morning in nineteen seventy. Thanks for always making me think. Whoah boy, So anth and I have done several episodes on time and what it is or is not, or how it moves and through time, space, continuum and so forth, and you were so right. I could not agree with this person more. Time is a flexible, fluid thing, often depending on our perspective, of it, and I sometimes, being the blood eye that I am, don't think that technology is the best way to spend time, quote to spend time as if it were a commodity. And it is, and it absolutely is. I mean, I think I told the story in a recent episode where I was in this wonderful retreat center on a writer residency program. There was this coffee pot I couldn't begin to operate. I mean, it had so many buttons on it. I didn't know what to do with it.
Speaker 2: Folks, I'm still talking about the coffee pot.
Speaker 1: People, I am. I am because for me, I mean for coffee and my old fashioned chemics, because that's who I am. It's a symbol of me and what I believe and how I do things. And it is a time where while that water is boiling, I stand at the kitchen window and offer up prayers of gratitude. This morning, Samantha, I saw a bunny. I mean, you know, it's it gives me an opportunity to look at time in a different way, and I invite this listener to also think about and as she certainly has been or he has certainly been doing that a different way of looking at time and connecting with time in a different way. I love that when you're driving sometimes you turn off the radio and just listen to the silence.
Speaker 2: I love knowing that. Yeah, I do too. And you know what I was thinking about as I was reading over her email when we were in the Revolutionary War. Stay with me here, people, I have a point, I promise. We needed to get France's help. So Ben Franklin super charming, amicable and spoke French. So they sent him over there. But you know, Ben loved the ladies, so he was kind of partying too much. So they were like, uh, oh, we need someone else who's a little bit more sober and going to really focus. So they sent Thomas Jefferson. Well, he could read a little bit of French, but he couldn't speak it. On the trip over the three week ship journey, he taught himself French. I think about that way too much, Debb, because I think if I had a three week journey on a boat now, I'd have my kindle, I'd have my books, I'd have my laptop. I'd be facetiming my kids, I'd be texting you. I'd be talking on the phone to Joel.
Speaker 1: You know, I.
Speaker 2: Wouldn't be learning an entirely new language. But because he was on this ship with no distractions, he taught himself a whole language. And it just think what we could do ourselves if we didn't have all these distractions.
Speaker 1: Well, there's the key is we got we do have all these distractions here they are. How much were we going to let them rule our lives?
Speaker 2: Apparently a lot. You probably can't relate to this dep But every Sunday I get a little ding on my phone and it tells me what my screen time was for that week, and it'll be like, your screen time is up this week by blah blah blah minutes. And I'm always like, shut up, Apple, I don't need to know.
Speaker 1: I don't have a clue what that isn't it. I don't want to know, because I too can go down rabbit holes on YouTube. I can do that, you know, for somebody who is very snooty about the fact that she doesn't have a television set, I have a computer and I have a cell phone.
Speaker 2: I get it.
Speaker 1: I do. I do some of those things. I try not to. I try really hard to keep a stack of books by my bed, by my chair. I mean like old fashioned books, you know. So I think that's one of my ways of kind of being a lunlight rebel.
Speaker 2: I try to do that. Yeah, I try to balance it, I really really do. But I love this email and I love that she said we always make her think, because that's really what we're trying to do, especially with some of the different shows we've done on like the CIA Declassified Reports, because that one we did on the Gateway Experience really does explain time and how it is super created and an illusion.
Speaker 1: Right exactly. There's so much, there's so much to think about and do. I'm just afraid I'm going to run out of time before i get to think about everything I want to think about.
Speaker 2: Well, we're about to run out of time, and we have one y five more questions here that we have gathered. So if everyone doesn't mind, I think we should do a part too.
Speaker 1: Well, Okay, we will work on that.
Speaker 2: Okay. Thank you guys so much for listening, and thank you for taking time to send in these wonderful stories and questions that help us to think as well and remind us that we are all in this together and we are all connected. Where WI shoe you a magical week filled with wonderful signs and manifesting miracles. Remember as always, to be the light for yourself and others.
Speaker 1: Great care everyone.
Speaker 2: Thank you for listening to Psychic Teachers, your podcast for seekers, light workers, mystics, and magical thinkers. If you like the show, please tell a friend or leave us a review. Wherever you listen to your podcast. For more information, check out our Facebook page Psychic Teachers, or our websites Samantha Fay dot com and Deb Bowen dot com. Thanks for listening and have a great week.