Speaker 1: Okay, we're here, we're here. We got good morning. This is Ed McMahon and now ladies and gentlemen, geez.
Speaker 2: Rid right, okay, wakey, wakey hands On Saturday Night Days.
Speaker 3: Rob Ryan showed Chicken in on this Tattuesday.
Speaker 2: Kyle who Kyle is going for win number two fresh out of bed head to head challenge shocked us all yesterday.
Speaker 1: Upset of the Year. Yeah, why not?
Speaker 2: Coheed and Cambrianto's with taking you back Sunday. I've got those tickets for you on the Fun Fact Flashback. We'll get to that at around six point thirty five. Motus miles Flaming Lips tickets at seven to twenty they're yours.
Speaker 1: If you're the tenth caller.
Speaker 2: We'll play Don't be a Pig for Busfest tickets at a twenty alternative income, a chance to one one thousand dollars at nine ten ghost tickets on Know the Show.
Speaker 1: I'll be bugging you to.
Speaker 2: Sign up for Read My Lips all morning long if you want to come into the station and play Read my Lips on Thursday.
Speaker 1: Also, I need you to vote on those busfests.
Speaker 2: The local bands that want to open up and bring on Busfest presented by our Friend's over at Carmarker. So we got a lot of stuff to get to today.
Speaker 1: Cloudy Skuy's ten percent chance of rain high of eighty five. Good morning Alex. What are Houston's headlines? Good Morning ride, Good morning home room.
Speaker 3: President Trump is marking the first one hundred days of his second term in office with a speech tonight in Makeham County, Michigan. He's expected to hit the highlights of his second term so far are including mass deportation operations, efforts to shrink the size and scope of the government, and the changes that he's making to the global trade landscape. The one hundred day mark comes as the Trump administration is hashing out trade negotiations with countries across the world after Trump levy nearly worldwide tariffs on foreign imports. It's unclear how much the President's going to focus on foreign policy matters, but he will give his speech at five pm hour time. Russian President Vladimir Putin has declared a temporary ceasefire in Ukraine from May eighth to May tenth, to coincide with the eightieth anniversary of Victory Day. The Kremlin announced that this truce is based on humanitarian considerations and expects Ukraine to reciprocate. Ukrainian President Vladimir Zelenski dismissed the proposed truce as a superficial gesture, criticizing the delay until May eighth and emphasizing the need for an immediate, full and unconditional ceasefire lasting at least thirty days to facilitate genuine diplomacy. The United States under Psident Trump, expressed their skepticism of that regarding Russia's intention, US officials have indicated the continued support for Ukraine may be reevaluated if meaningful advancements toward peace or not or not achieved.
Speaker 1: Good to guess which generation has the worst drivers? Which would you say? The younger the worst?
Speaker 2: Like the I mean, I know it's easy to pick on old people, but it's much cooler to pick on younger people.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, so.
Speaker 3: A new survey found that or only thirty percent of gen Zers believe that their generation drives more safely than others. That was the lowest percentage of any group surveyed. Forty fre percent of millennials think their generation has the safest drivers. Sixty percent of gen xers say the same.
Speaker 1: Thing as do.
Speaker 3: Sixty three percent of baby boomers gen Zers say that they struggle with distractions more than any of the other generations. Fifty four percent of them admit that they've eaten while driving, thirty two percent say that they've driven while tired, and thirteen percent admit that they've driven with a pet in their lap.
Speaker 1: All of those were the highest of any generation. Well, it's one of my least favorite things, the pet and the lap. I've gotten hit by somebody with that. Yeah. Same.
Speaker 3: Jack Black just set a new record for the quickest song to land on the Hot one hundred charts with his song Steve's Lava Chicken, clocking in at thirty four seconds. It's from a Minecraft movie. Now, I didn't understand that what this meant for a second. The quickest song is not like the fastest song to get to the Hot one hundred. It is the shortest run time of a song. It's just thirty four seconds long.
Speaker 1: Yeah you want to hear it? Yeah? Sure, that's the sound is a lead m h. That's last spell.
Speaker 4: Steve A chicken yass tis hell.
Speaker 1: Squeeze.
Speaker 4: I'm justin now you have on the stack spicy Salama.
Speaker 1: It's pretty good. Number one song. Yeah, number one song. It's on the Hot one hundred. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Some other of the shortest songs to make it on the Hot one hundred charts include Kid Cutty's Beautiful Trip Pen Pineapple Apple Pen, Peak Otaro, Little Boxes from the Women Folk, and Deck the Halls by Natt King Cole some other music news. Happy birthday to Willie Nelson. He turns ninety two years old today. He just put out his seventy seventh solo studio album this past week, is one hundred and fifty fourth total, and a social media post this month suggested that his son is pretty much acting as his caretaker now, but his wife Annie said that that's not true either way. Happy Birthday to the legend Willie Nelson. Those are Houston's headlines, all right, Rochester KI, I know we gotta do it?
Speaker 1: No they like?
Speaker 3: So did you guys step until midnight to watch this stupid game?
Speaker 1: Because I did.
Speaker 3: Rockets lost the Warriors one or nine to one oh six. The reps were not great. Raymond Green should have been ejected in the first half, but the Rockets missed twelve three throws in the game. They were nineteen of thirty one from the line, and you should not be an NBA player if you can't hit your free throws. Warriors now lead the series three games to one. Rockets are pretty much dead and they're gonna play Game five tomorrow night.
Speaker 1: Back here I in Houston in baseball, Yeah, here we go. Astro's got a win last night to be the Tigers eight to five.
Speaker 3: Jose Alt two a homer after asking to be moved out of the leadoff spot.
Speaker 1: It was his fourth homer on the season.
Speaker 3: He was like, look, dude, it takes too long get in from out outfield and then I gotta go out and I got a bat. What if I just go second? And they were like, that's cool. Then he just hit a home or pretty good idea, Jose. They're gonna play the Tigers again tonight. Ryan Guest will be on the map for the show is going up against Detroit. Reese Olsen first pitches at seventen. You can listen to it on our sister stations, Sports Talk seven ninety and News Radio seven forty. Kerh that is what's going on in sports, all right, let's go.
Speaker 2: You want that first phone call, come get it seven one three, two, one two five honey, you want to get us started today? Come on, maybe somebody that's never ever called the station before seven.
Speaker 1: One three, two, one two five nine four five.
Speaker 2: Anything goes for that first phone call. The most interactive show on the radio starts right now.
Speaker 1: A TBZ SM Houston. This is the Rod Ryan Show, right get up your pushy's.
Speaker 2: Here we go, ninety four five the bus, Good morning, rod Ryan's Show, often running four hours of pain.
Speaker 1: On a ten.
Speaker 2: Tuesday, April twenty nine, we're running out a month here. Cloudy skys ten percent chance of rain, same thing for tonight ten percent. Mostly cloudy today will reach highs up around eighty five.
Speaker 1: Very busy morning. We're always busy around here. Kyle's gonna go for win number two, fresh out of bed, head to head, Kyle, Kyle, Yeah, he won yesterday Shock the world upset of the year. I'll give it to him. I'll give it to him.
Speaker 2: Taking back Sunday Coheed tickets September eighth, seven and three Music Hall, you'll get those on the Fun Fact Flashback. I got some new fun facts, and I got somebody that's me a bunch of fun facts. Maybe I'll use a couple of those Thank you very much for doing all my work for me. Minus mouse Flaving Lips tickets at seven twenty will play Don't be a Pig for Buzzfest tickets Saturday, May twenty fourth. You want to come party with us out at the Woodlands. We want to get you in there. Don't forget to bring on Buzzfest. You got to vote for the local bands, for the one local band that you feel is most soon to bring on Buzzfest.
Speaker 1: You log out of the buzz dot com.
Speaker 2: Thanks to our friends over at Love Street Blonde for sponsoring that alternative income. Today at nine ten Ghost tickets on the show. And Wow, I don't know what I said differently this morning, but every phone line is ringing.
Speaker 5: It's not time for the first phone call of the day.
Speaker 1: David. Good morning, very good morning. Hi David. How are you? Oh?
Speaker 6: I'm doing very well. Thank you?
Speaker 1: What's going on in your life? Oh?
Speaker 6: Just got back from a five day cruise from Cosevel from my parents' fortyth wedding anniversary.
Speaker 2: I love cruises. I haven't been on one in such a long time. My kid's been kind of bugging me to get back on it. Did you have a great time?
Speaker 6: It was a very fun time. We had four generations with us, from my ninety three year old grandmother, my three year old son.
Speaker 1: How many people total? Thirteen matching T shirts?
Speaker 6: No matching T shirt?
Speaker 1: Oh dude, you do, bro, You didn't wear matching T shirts all those people. No, I think not.
Speaker 2: I think it's a law. It's like a merit. It's a maritime law. If you have more than ten people on a cruise, you have to have to get T shirts made.
Speaker 1: I'm surprised they didn't kick you off.
Speaker 6: And there were a lot of those walking around too.
Speaker 2: My uh, my daughter time, my daughter's godfather, her paran. They go out a cruise, there's one hundred people. There's one hundred family members on their booze cruise and they get the T shirts and all of that stuff. I mean, that's a lot of people. But you had you had enough people for T shirts?
Speaker 1: For sure. We did, we did, but we didn't do it.
Speaker 6: Still we still found each other though walking around we couldn't get away from each other.
Speaker 1: Did you get the drink of the day?
Speaker 6: Absolutely?
Speaker 2: What was what was like one of the drinks of the day The Runners? Rum Runners? You know about the alex like they have like a discount, it's like, oh, today's drink of the day.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: And I liked when you go to the resorts and stuff and you'd have like the booze board where it was just like these are all the drinks we make here, and you're like, let me start here. I'm gonna see how far I can get down this all sugar? Oh yeah, sugar, dude? Did you weigh yourself before and after?
Speaker 1: Tell me that I want to know.
Speaker 2: No, never weigh yourself after. That's insane. Did you buffet?
Speaker 1: Did you like? How was this food situation?
Speaker 6: So we did. We did the buffet, and we did the family dinner every night.
Speaker 1: At five o'clock. Okay, cooling, we all met up together. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Did you go for pizza at like one o'clock in the morning? Oh yeah, three year old? All right, dude, all right, bro?
Speaker 1: That sounds fun, man, that sounds awesome.
Speaker 2: What was the cruise what was the cruise line?
Speaker 1: You recommend it absolutely very very nice, very clean and smooth sailing.
Speaker 6: No rough, very smooth, no rough us at all.
Speaker 1: Welcome home, Thanks David, Thank you very much.
Speaker 6: Guys.
Speaker 1: That's bro, Thank you brother, thank you. Yeah, I gotta get back on a cruise soon. Ryan, Yeah, I used to do those all the time. I'm in New Orleans. Let's do it.
Speaker 2: We did Rod Ryan Show cruises thought obviously not the whole ship, but.
Speaker 1: We worked with.
Speaker 2: We worked with travel agents that were local and they would block out a room on the cruise ship.
Speaker 1: For a wedding, but just for a cruise ship. Dude, we did it all the time. Do it again. I need a local tourism place. They figure it out.
Speaker 2: Come on, get on that, Shelley, do it on the flip. Got a reck check for you.
Speaker 1: We'll find out what's trending, and then we'll get set up for the game. Rocky and all sod Ryan Morning Show.
Speaker 5: I'm six to ten am.
Speaker 1: Welcome back, everybody.
Speaker 2: I hope you're off to a great start to your day, dark and early with us on a Tattuesday.
Speaker 1: How could you not be? April twenty nine, cloudy skies, ten percent chance of rain I today of around eighty five. What's trending over there? Rockets Warriors, Yes, trending.
Speaker 3: Rockets flew it and lost the Warriors nine to win. I was six last night and they're pretty much dead. They're down three to one in the series. You're gonna love this one. Canada election is trending. I mean right actually yesterday? Yes, who'd you vote for?
Speaker 1: I love it?
Speaker 2: I love it you Trudeau again, I didn't know Trudeau didn't run but rob Ford. But that side one like the Liberals one, all the Libs, the Liberals one again.
Speaker 1: So I call it libta Yes, do I call it? I don't know. I don't live there. Oh not anymore.
Speaker 3: Beyonce is also trending. Her daughter Blue Ivy joined her on stage at I guess it looked like it was the opening night of her tour out in LA. She was dancing during a couple of her songs, and that's what people were talking about. That's treading a night by the bus.
Speaker 1: Good morning, everybody.
Speaker 7: This is time after about a year's Afterence, I am your fresh out of bed head to head one day champion. Some are calling the upset of the year, as I just took out a three time Hall of Famer.
Speaker 1: Join me on Tuesday when I make it win number two. Bitches, Kyle said, play this. It's closing time for anyone.
Speaker 3: It's closing time for anyone that thinks they're going to beat Kyle. Okay, seven, one three, two ninety four, The buzz, Good morning, Rod Ryan's show.
Speaker 1: All right, closing time, semi son.
Speaker 2: Kyle said, play that, yeah, play that before I come on and let everybody know you ain't got a shot. Okay, nobody believes in Kyle shuck the world yesterday, biggest upset of the year.
Speaker 1: Let's just bring them up. Let's let's play this game. Let's go right into it.
Speaker 8: And now it's time for the fresh out of bed head to head challenge.
Speaker 1: Listeners to your corners, Kyle, Yes, sir, it's closing time.
Speaker 2: Anybody that comes into this room right now saying they're gonna take you out.
Speaker 1: Right, Yeah, they ain't doing it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, not doing that, all right, Kyle, biggest upset. I'm twenty twenty five. You went in yesterday. Don't blow it. Don't blow it. Okay, you got all this hype right now.
Speaker 1: Stephen says he, Steven says he could beat you. Steven. Yeah, Bro, how's it going, brother? Rod? When's the last time you think you played?
Speaker 3: Fifteen years ago?
Speaker 1: Two thousand and nine, Yes, sir, where have you been? I've been hanging around.
Speaker 2: You haven't been calling the whole time? You must have just taken a little time off or whatever, just a chill. What was different about you calling in today? You heard Kyle and you said sky blows I could beat him.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, that's pretty much it.
Speaker 2: All right, all right, now that we've got that cleared a lot, you're playing for a rod Ryan show t shirt. Stephen back on the game hasn't played since two thousand and nine. Kyle played yesterday and one be a pretty good player too. Nothing's really changed, Steven. You got to shout out your name when you think you know the answer. Okay, okay, all right, did you did you win in two thousand and nine?
Speaker 1: Do you remember I got today? Four hotly cow? And you haven't played since? Like that's not been like rotting your soul that you were one game away from the Hall of Fame. Damn, here we go, h one game, all right, here we go, Stephen and Kyle.
Speaker 2: What part of your car moves back and forth to clear rain from Steve?
Speaker 1: Kyle by a lot? You winshield wipers. Yeah, he got you by a lot.
Speaker 2: There, bro, Steven, he got yeah, yeah, I got you by a lot, yeah yeah, yeah, Okay.
Speaker 1: You actually said your name in two thousand and nine, on that question. Yet Kyle's on the board, Steven is not. He's gonna do something about it. Question number two, shout out your name when you think you know the answer.
Speaker 2: Kyle and Stephen. How many eggs are in a dozen? Welcome back to the game, Stephen.
Speaker 1: Twelve?
Speaker 2: Yeah, Okay, all he needed was that one question. You really knocked the rust off.
Speaker 1: For the win.
Speaker 2: Kyle and Steven. What building in Washington, DC?
Speaker 1: Legendary?
Speaker 2: Kyle answer the White House. Now, listen, there's a lot of things going on in DC.
Speaker 1: Bro.
Speaker 2: It wouldn't be your fault. It's a lot of things happening in that one area too. Highly concentrated winner, winner, Complete question. What building in Washington, DC serves as both home and office for the President of the United States?
Speaker 1: The White House? Kyle, you had to do that because you didn't know what Stephen was doing. Hey, Stephen, would.
Speaker 2: You come on again sooner than this sixteen year thing that you just did?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I'll definitely come on again. Carl, dude, good to have you back on after all those years. Man, that's fun.
Speaker 3: Kyle.
Speaker 1: Yeah, nice game, dude. Thank you.
Speaker 2: Showed us all a little something on that. Do you want to play tomorrow. Yes, sir, okay, bro hang on The.
Speaker 9: Rod Ryan Show mornings on ninety four five The Buzz.
Speaker 2: Ninety four or five The Buzz, Shine Down Dead Jn't Guy, Rob Ryan Show tat Tuesday six thirty three, Come on, gotta get your button gear. Ten percent chance of rain cloudy skies pies up about eighty five Bringham.
Speaker 1: The Fresh out of Bed Head to Head Challenge. Here's your current champion.
Speaker 7: Good morning everybody. It's the Cinderella Story.
Speaker 1: Kyle.
Speaker 4: I am your fresh out of.
Speaker 1: Bed head to Head two day champions.
Speaker 7: Join me on Wednesday when I make it win number three Stitches.
Speaker 2: We didn't know about this guy. We weren't sure about this guy.
Speaker 1: And then he starts giving me like, hey, I dude, I think I got in first on that other question. I got like, shut up, you're doing great, dude, you're doing great.
Speaker 2: Let us do our job. You do your job. You just say your name first, all right? And then he hung it out there on that last one. Good for him.
Speaker 1: Man. Some coheed and taking back Sunday tickets coming up. But first, it's the Fuck's day, right. We make you look smart.
Speaker 3: In funny your body?
Speaker 1: Is this the fun back to the day, Michelle sent me some fun facts. I thought I would grab this one.
Speaker 2: I had all my you know, I have a whole staff hero of fact checkers and stuff, so they said this one was good to go.
Speaker 1: Thank you, Michelle. For Michelle McVean, she said, I hope you like these.
Speaker 3: I did.
Speaker 2: At anyone time, about zero point seven of the world's population is drunk.
Speaker 1: That was funny. Weezed Alex might be wasted right now? No, no, I'm not. Do you have a few cops during the game? Nope? No, you just watched the game? What time was the game over?
Speaker 6: Right? Boy?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 1: Boy?
Speaker 2: I think we've talked about this before, but someone's gonna hear this for the first time. After college, actor Ed O'Neill, what do you think he's most known for right now?
Speaker 1: Modern Family?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: More than Giants. But you don't think Ed O'Neill is what was the show that he was on on Fox's Golly el Bundy?
Speaker 3: Yeah, married, married with children? Yep is, married with children. I think that's probably his biggest role, but modern Family. Modern family is like what I like.
Speaker 1: I don't know. He's always the guy from The Little Giants.
Speaker 2: To me after college, Ed O'Neill was signed by the Pittsburgh Steelers, who he was.
Speaker 1: Cut during training camp. Let's look big enough to play ball, A big dude, Yeah, the big guy.
Speaker 3: Finally, the bankrupt, the bankrupt TGI Friday.
Speaker 1: Did you know they were bankrupt? How I did not TGI Fridays. The place was cool for a long time. Man.
Speaker 7: Uh.
Speaker 2: They've got about eighty five restaurants left in the United States. There were six hundred locations they were peeking in two thousand and eight.
Speaker 1: That's neat. That's when that guy from the fresh out of bed Head to Head called back in eight. It's the fuck that to the day. We make you look smart if your bodies it's the fuck that to the day.
Speaker 2: All Right, Coheed and Cambria taking back Sunday, September eighth, seven one three music call.
Speaker 1: Do you remember any of the stuff we talked about yesterday? It's sure?
Speaker 2: How many beers does the NHL Stanley Cup hold? We're looking at twelve ounce bottles here?
Speaker 1: Seven one?
Speaker 2: Apparently it holds two thousand monopoly hotels. Somebody put two thousand monopoly hotels in there once.
Speaker 1: But how many beers?
Speaker 2: That's the top of the NHL Stanley Cup holds seven one three two one two five.
Speaker 1: It's now time for rockout with your stock out with Captain cat. All right, there's the guy right there. He's seen the Stanley Cup before. He should have a good guess at this. Oh you were here, you heard the fact, I heard it. Yeah, we've had some pretty good days here.
Speaker 2: I think five up days in a row here on the on the market. So we let you in the door today, Yeah, we do. Yesterday not too bad, it was mixed.
Speaker 10: The Dow was up one hundred and fourteen points to forty thousand, two twenty seven, Nastak down sixteen to seventeen thou three hundred and sixty six. Benchmartenr Treasurers trading at a four point two to three percent, and oil stands at sixty one dollars a barrel to The Most active is the big studs Boeing, IBM and Verizon, the big duds Navidia, Salesforce and Amazon. On the economic calendar this morning, we'll get numbers on consumer confidence for April.
Speaker 1: Right now.
Speaker 10: For the futures, hey, they're on the upside. Hang on to this will be a pause opening right here on Wall Street. That's the matter. This is hawl in Manage the Director with Raemy James Borting for the Rod Ryan Show from Raymony Jims and Sam Felipp and Augusta and don't forget Toys, Rock out your stock out.
Speaker 5: Opinions expressed for those of Aland and necessarily those of Raymond James and associate. Thank come ever NYC, as IBC, I ART Radio or sponsors. Information is based on sources believed to be reliable, but it's not guaranteed. There's no insurance transmission.
Speaker 3: We'll continue.
Speaker 5: This is not a solicitation, offer or recommendation to buy or sell any security referred to your am. This program is are educational and informational services on week The studs of Duds are based on movement as reported by Young Finance.
Speaker 2: Ninety four or five of the Buzz Welcome back, Welcome back everybody, Sat.
Speaker 1: Tuesday. The phones have been busy today. Thank you guys, your hey Joe brother Ron with THEE up Brother Joe, you got through on the fun fact flashback. Let's see if you were paying attention yesterday.
Speaker 2: The NHL's Stanley Cup the greatest sports prize of all time.
Speaker 1: UH can hold how many beers.
Speaker 6: That would be twenty three.
Speaker 1: Yes, that would be a correct answer.
Speaker 2: Joe, congratulations, cohed Cambria making back Sunday, September eight, seventy one, three music call it.
Speaker 1: You're in awesome, awesome, all right, man, I appreciate you being in homeroom. Have a great day. Okay, thank you.
Speaker 2: Second, hey, Alexa, play ninety four point five the Buzz on iHeartRadio, getting ninety.
Speaker 1: Four point five bus station from iHeart Radio, The.
Speaker 8: Ron Ryan Show on ninety four five Wake out the Buzz ninety four or five buzz Hoobastang, Crawling in the Dark Rob Ryan's show on this Tattooesday.
Speaker 2: But you you've already hit us up on links and guests. Thank you very much. There's a couple of things that going on there. Sign up for Read my Lips if you want to come down and play on Thursday.
Speaker 1: I think you'll be playing the Chile this week. Yeah, it'll be Chilli. Well, wait a minute, I don't know there's Alex. Did you play last week last week?
Speaker 2: Yeah, Nikey Pete, that's right, that's right, that's right, the Battle of the Piece. So yeah, you'll be taking on Chile. If you want to come down to the station and play read my lips. You have to sign up on the world famous Rod Ryan Show page at the buzz dot com Bring on Buzzfest present. If I love street Block, all those local bands all vying to open.
Speaker 1: Up Buzzfest, We'll give you tickets to Buzzfest at eight twenty today.
Speaker 2: But I need you to put in the time and go and check out the amazing talent that this city has to offer in these great local bands that's on links and guests.
Speaker 1: On Instagram.
Speaker 2: Last night I posted some ac DC pictures and some videos that's really cool from ac DC.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was great. It was fine.
Speaker 2: You know, his voice wasn't the best, but it's ac DC right awesome.
Speaker 1: It was so great.
Speaker 2: So I got some ac DC pictures on our Instagram. At Rod Ryan's show, we.
Speaker 3: Got cloudy skuys today temper sent chancer.
Speaker 1: Ring highs up around eighty five. I guess the President's gonna like be barging in on the TV tonight. Yeah, I'll not playing on watching ruin what what about? Meaning it's one of those Yeah, what am I missing? Da playoffs? Probably dancing with somebody dancing with the stars. Okay, so go ahead Houston's headline, Well, good morning everyone.
Speaker 3: President Trump is marking the first one hundred days of his second term in office with the speech tonight in Macombe County, Michigan. He's expected to hit the highlights of his second term so far, including mass deportation operations, efforts to shrink the size and scope of the government, and the changes that he's made to the global trade landscape. The one hundred day mark comes as the Trump administration is hashing out trade negotiations with the countries across the world after Trump levied nearly worldwide tariffs on foreign imports. It's unclear how much the President's going to focus on foreign policy matters. He's going to give his speech at five pm hour time. The papal conclave to elect Pope Prancis's successor is scheduled to begin on May seventh in the Sistine Chapel following his death on April twenty first at the age of eighty eight. The conclave is going to be large, with one hundred and thirty five eligible cardinal electors under the age of eighty, many appointed by Pope Francis himself. Cardinals are going to reside in the Domis Sancte Marte and remain isolated from the outside world. Yet it's a little Italian for you. Yes, they will attend a morning mass in Saint Peter's Basilica before entering the Sistine Chapel, where they're going to take oaths of secrecy and begin voting. A two thirds majority is required to elect a new pope. Voting continues with up to four ballots per day. After each round, ballots are burned. Black smoke signals no decision, while white smoke signals the ringing of the bells that announces the election of a new pope. Upon election, the new Pope will choose a papal name and deliver the herby at torby blessing from the balcony of Saint Peter's Basilica.
Speaker 2: This guy continues to impress, that's what I do, man, See what I do A gabbagool.
Speaker 1: I told you I saw the stove right yeah, inside the Sistine Chapel. The stove is right there. It's like, oh my god, that's the stove. And there's sometimes they's just burned votes in it. Yeah.
Speaker 3: The Washington Nationals held a Pups in the Park night and like that's all. That all seems fun, that's cool. The downside is they had fireworks afterwards. It was on a Friday night. Yeah, something happened where a lot of ballparks do that Friday night fireworks. You usually don't do the dog night the same night because I don't know if you know this, some dogs you're scared of fireworks. There's the rub right there. That is kind of the issue that happened. They gave people twenty minutes to get their dogs out of the stadium. People complained that that wasn't enough time. Someone shared a photo of the JumboTron with a warning that fireworks would start twenty minutes after the last out. So it said, quote, if you or your four legged friend are not a fan of loud noises, we advise you to exit Nationals Park immediately following the game's conclusion.
Speaker 1: There's a whole Reddit thread about how not so well this all turned out.
Speaker 3: One person said twenty minutes wasn't long enough, no, and so their dog was freaking out even outside of the stadium just the fireworks. In general, Wheezy hates fireworks and she just starts trembling. Like when fourth of July, New Year's Eve happens like she will not go outside.
Speaker 2: Yes, she's just out, So you want those fireworks to start soon after the game. I've stuck around on Friday. It's like, okay, Friday, end of the game. Kid wants to see the fireworks boom in twenty minutes. That's a good amount of time not to get all those dogs out. You cannot get out of that stadium and get a comfortable distance away les you're just sprinting. Yeah, you cannot do it, So never again, can they committ.
Speaker 3: Is not intentional, but it's just one of those like nobody checked the dates, Like, oh crap, this is firework Friday with the dogs. But an interesting little story there. Shiloh Sanders has signed with new management. Why should that matter to you? Well, because his former agent was his dad, Dion Sanders. After his little brother Shadoor Sanders slid to the fifth round of the NFL Draft over the weekend, Shiloah decided maybe it was time to explore some options. During a Twitch live stream on Saturday night, with his brother sitting by his side, Schila said, quote, dad was our agent, but that hasn't been working out too good. So today I had to sign with an actual agent, both of them laughs, So it doesn't seem like there's any familial.
Speaker 1: Drama going on.
Speaker 3: Officially, neither of them had an agent during the draft, but Dion was their advisor, not necessarily an agent. A lot of times in the like second, third, fourth, or second and third days of the draft, you'll have agents kind of calling like hey, so and so's agents checking like what's up, what's the situation, and like that kind of helps guys like figure out where their placement is going to be in the draft, especially if you go undrafted and you get signed by as an undrafted free agent. If your dad's just an advisor, teams aren't as likely to reach out to your dad as an actual agent.
Speaker 1: Yeah it Shaudor should have had an agent.
Speaker 2: If this guy was projected to go number two over by some people, a good amount of people, and then he had some interviews that maybe didn't go so well.
Speaker 3: So then people inside NFL circles kind of kept it quiet and they were like, we don't want a bad mouth a kid.
Speaker 1: It's just trying to work, maybe not for us.
Speaker 3: Well, he needed an agent, not his dad, covering these things out. And I think that there could be problems with that. I think he's gonna be a fine young man eventually. But yeah, that's a lot of questions. I think the documentary the thirty for thirty on Shador Sanders is gonna be.
Speaker 1: Fantastic one day. Yeah it is. It's gonna be really good to watch that one.
Speaker 4: All right.
Speaker 1: So both kids got new agents.
Speaker 3: Both kids got new agents, shadoras in Cleveland and Shiloh who got an undrafted free agent contract with the Buccaneers.
Speaker 1: Okay, good, so they both they both have jumps.
Speaker 3: After rocking two sold out show that Toronto's Rogersoner on April twenty fourth and twenty sixth, and Metallic had decided to spread the love around as they do. The band made a generous forty thousand dollars donation to the city's Daily Bread food bank through They're All Within My Hands Foundation. Neil Heatherington, the CEO of Daily Bread, express gratitude for the band's support, noting that the funds will help provide approximately forty thousand meals to those in need. This isn't the first time The Metallic has supported Daily Bread. They previously donated proceeds from a surprise show at the opera house in twenty sixteen.
Speaker 1: So they're just doing good everywhere, man, they do. They do a lot of that.
Speaker 2: They've got that whole foundation. They're always giving money, man, everywhere they go.
Speaker 1: Those are used in headlines.
Speaker 2: All right, I knew you were up late last night, most the outcome you wanted, but now use the time.
Speaker 1: But now what you can say is now it's a must win, the next game, must win. They're dead. Oh they're dead. Oh they're dead.
Speaker 3: Rockets lost the Warriors one O nine, one six last night. They made us all stay up really late to watch it. Refs were not great, especially in the first half. Draymond Green should have been ejected, but the Rockets did miss twelve free throws. And you can't be an NBA player and missed twelve free throws as a team like that just doesn't work.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the refs didn't miss twelve free throws, right, Rockets, So they.
Speaker 3: Kept Draymond Green in the game when he should have been ejected immediately, and then he made a game saving block. But whatever, Whereas now they did the series three games to one. They're gonna play game five tomorrow night back here in Houston. In baseball, some good news. Yeah, as he's got to win. Last night they beat the Tigers eight to five. Who's the at t Bay Homeward after asking to be moved out of the leadoff spot. Is his fourth on the season. They're gonna play the Tigers again tonight. Frying Gustoby in the mount for the Stros going up against Detroit. Reese Olsen first pitches at seventen. You can listen to it on our sister stations, Sports Talk seven to ninety and News Radio seven forty k h.
Speaker 1: That is what's going on in sports, all right? What are we doing next time? What march we do?
Speaker 2: You have modest Mouse flaming Lips tickets for you. We're gonna play Don't Be a Pig in the eight o'clock hour. Like I mentioned, lots of stuff for you to see and do on the world famous Rod Ryan Show page at the buzz dot com.
Speaker 1: Come on Houston's Rocking Alternatives, The rod Last the Morning Show from six to ten am.
Speaker 5: Ninety four or five buzz.
Speaker 1: All right, here we go, ninety four or five the bus. Good morning, Rod Ryan's show. Offspring the kids aren't all right? It's working out to offspring yesterday.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, Offspring's got some albums, man, I'll tell you why the smash you put that on things start to finishing, start to finish. I mean they have several albums out there that you put on the first track, you can listen to the whole album all the way through.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's so great.
Speaker 2: I'm telling you, they're one of my favorite They're one of my all time favorite bands.
Speaker 1: They really are so great.
Speaker 2: Help you're off to a great start to your day on this Tattooesday. Cloudy skyes ten percent chance of high of eighty five. I've been pushing you over to the website a lot this morning, and pushing you to our Instagram. I said, I put up some ACDC pictures at Rod Ryan Show, but you guys got the Chili cookoff pictures. People were looking at those. I need you to sign up for Read my Lips on Thursday. That's on links and guests. Of course, the Tattoosday feature, the Looking at Girls, the food blog, the criminal blog page, some of the things that you're talking about, the Shadeur.
Speaker 1: Sanders and the what's the other kids? Shiloh Sanders they fired their dad.
Speaker 2: There's stopping shy of saying that he was also our agent and our coach and our own thing advisor. But they went out and got their own agents. They fired their dad. That's I mean, that's the short story. They fired their dad. Is there an agent and got a real agent in there to work with them a little bit. But Bring on Buzzfest is my favorite link because it features local bands, local.
Speaker 1: Music, live performances. That's what you're voting on right now.
Speaker 2: You're voting on these bands and their ability to pull off their songs live, okay, And I'm gonna stop shive saying anybody can go in the studio and sound good, but you know, with trickery and takes and you know, like I had a singer once in one of my bands, like we had almost do it like word by word. This guy could not like stay in tune.
Speaker 1: He was our singer. We couldn't find anybody else.
Speaker 2: You know, you can go in there and fix things and you know, make yourself sound pretty good in the studio. Man, there's there's really not a there's no room to fix things.
Speaker 1: When you're live. You can either hit those notes or you can't.
Speaker 2: You can either play the songs and it doesn't have to be perfect you know, but it's fun to listen to these live performances. Bring On Buzzfest is something that we've thrown out there. It's all powered by our friends over at Love Street Blonde, and you got about thirty five bands in there. Right now, I'm gonna read you an email. It's from Michelle Myers, our friend from Nakadosius.
Speaker 1: She said.
Speaker 2: After listening to some in the voting for the bands for Buzzfest, I got to Rosie and I determined I don't need to go any further. My final vote is for Rosie. She didn't go any further.
Speaker 1: You need to go I know everybody else the due diligence. You know what if you're blown away again.
Speaker 2: There's two things here. There's two things here. Okay, wait a minute, you're going to do this, Go and listen to all of them?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 2: Is every one of you going and listening to all thirty five or are you just going to Are you just going to the guys that you know or the gals that you know. That's a lot that's happening too. I'm san in on the thirty five right now, she said. My final vote is for Rosie. Please let Zoe and the Gang play at Buzzfest. Okay, they are awesome. They were great at the Rod Ryan twentyth anniversary party. I think they will rock out Buzzfest. Btw, I'll get to see the stove you speak of. I'm going to Rome in June of twenty twenty six. Yeah, the stove is inside the Assistine Chapel. All right, Michelle, I'll tell you a little story. Rosie also played at the golf tournament. They were out there and Aris, the bass player, who's a guitar player really by nature, by trade, he's a guitar player, but he's like he wants to be in Rosie so bad. He goes, you know what, you guys are so good, I'll play bass in your band. He's a wicked guitar player and he can sing his ass off. I said, I go, I didn't see you guys apply for bring on Buzzfest. He's like, yeah, I know, you know, I'm not sure if we're going to, you know, submit something. I don't want people to get sick of us, and I don't want people to think. I said, dude, if you're the best band in Houston, be the best band in Houston.
Speaker 1: Make everybody work harder. They weren't going to apply.
Speaker 2: They weren't going to submit from Bring On Buzzfest because they got chosen for that before.
Speaker 1: They kind of got pushed back. They only got to do one or two songs. Something was going on with the sound that day, and they didn't get the shaft. But they didn't get the full time but that we promised them. Was it weather? They also delayed a little bit. Maybe that was it. Maybe that was it. I feel like we had to start a little late because it was like raining right before. Did they only want to do the one song? Maybe?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I think they did too. They did too. Yeah, they did their cover and then they played the head.
Speaker 2: Okay, they weren't going to apply, And I said, you're nuts if you don't, I said, you're crazy. Be the best, Make everybody, make everybody want, make everybody jealous. I don't care, make everybody. I mean, if you're that good, you've been chosen for these other things, You've done some of these other fun things. Plus they volunteered for things. Okay, they didn't get paid to play the golf tournament.
Speaker 1: They asked, can we you want us to come out again? Yeah, you want us to come out and just and play and plug in at the golf tournament. Yeah, why would we not? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, please see you, you know. So that's just Michelle's email. She stopped at Rosie, didn't go any further. She voted for Rosie to bring on Buzzfest. I suggest you go and you listen to everybody. They're in alphabetical order. So she got deep in the lineup, that's true, she got deep in the lineup. But boy, there's some great music in there. And this is just me telling you to put in the time. It's a lot of work because there's a lot of music out there. Don't get mad at Michelle nine point nine per cent if you haven't even gone to listen to one video yet. Okay, I can tell you that over ninety percent of you have not looked at one video. She made it all the way to the RS. Hello, go look at the bands, watch the songs, vote for your favorite to bring on Buzzfest, and then make sure everybody's gonna be joining us out there at Buzzfest Saturday, May twenty fourth, Woodland's Pavilion.
Speaker 1: This local band, whoever it is, Chavelle, Marilyn Manson.
Speaker 2: Blue October Pod Evans Blue, Stabbing, Westwards, Sleep Theory all on the main stage. Tickets around sale now at ticketmaster dot com. We'll give you tickets in about an hour from now. We're gonna play Don't be a Pig. On the flip of this break, I've got Modest Mouse, Flaming Lips tickets for you.
Speaker 1: Okay again, hand us up the world famous Rod Ryan Show blog page at the Buzz dot com. Rockand Alternative fair use to the Rod Ryan Morning Show six to ten am The Buzz.
Speaker 3: All right, welcome back everybody tat Tuesday.
Speaker 1: Hope you're off to a great start to your day.
Speaker 2: Thank you for starting your day off with us, Oh Trucker Ray, great morning sun hashtag Houston sunrise picture. Thank you. I put that up on our stories at Rob Ryan's show. Kristin, here we go, Kristin Lippincott, Brother Rod. Yes, yes, yes, I did listen to all of the entries. Okay, I got somebody that went through all of the injries we've been talking about. Bring on Buzzfest this hour presented by Love Street Blonde. I did listen to all of them. I loved many of them. I was happy to see Rosie on the list my top picks. I haven't decided yet. Three oh seven departure Lucid Illusions via Linda, He wrote roxy, I think he meant Rosie.
Speaker 1: That's from Chris, so those are his favorites. He went through all of them though. Thank you.
Speaker 2: I really appreciate that. I'm encouraging everybody to hit us up on links and guests for that stuff.
Speaker 1: All right, what's trending?
Speaker 3: Tattooesday is trending Chelsea Gabriel listen just by listening Rick b and people are checking her out.
Speaker 1: Well, let me go check her out. I'll go have a look myself right now. The world famous rod Ryan showpage at the Buzz dot com. Okay, please carry on, I'll be looking at that. What else?
Speaker 3: Canada continues to trend, people are still talking about their elections, and George Kettle is trending as well. The All Pro tight End has agreed to a four year, seventy six million dollar extension with the San Francisco forty nine ers, one of the best tight ends in the game.
Speaker 2: Yeah you is Uh that's a training I ever by the Buzz pretty good tight end on tat Tuesday.
Speaker 1: Yeah ay, sorry sorry sorry, sorry, not sorry?
Speaker 2: Modest Mouse, Flaming Lips, August twentieth, seventy one to three Music Hall. Ticketmaster has your tickets or your friends right here. I mean, who are your friends, rod alex Chili, We have tickets for you seven one, three, two, two, nine four five looking for caller number ten.
Speaker 1: Rod Ryan Show on ninety four five the bus, I mean four or five. The buzz food Fighter has Learned to Fly.
Speaker 2: It's my second favorite food Fighter song. And just this week, just this week, I went back to the video. I'd probably go once a quarter. They don't have it mapped out. I don't have any kind of an alarm that goes off, but three four times a year I go back to that video of those people in Italy, that little small town where they had a thousand people get together. They were trying to get Dave Grohl to come to their little town in Italy to play a concert. And it was the first time I had seen something like this before. They're in a big open field and I believe it's called the Foo Fighters Rock in one thousand. If I'm having a bad day, dude, yeah, if I put this on, I'm telling you it makes me so happy to see these people.
Speaker 1: There's a great story about it.
Speaker 2: The guy comes on that put the whole thing together, he talked about it, looks in the camera and says, this is for five people. He says, I know everyone around the world is going to see this video, and we hope they do, but this is for five people. And he calls out the guys and the food Fighters and he says, I want you to come play here for us. Dave girl sees the video. There's a reaction video for Dave. The food Fighters went and played for them. They went and did a concert for them in this little tiny town in Italy, the food Fighters rocking one thousand.
Speaker 1: I'm telling you, Oh, it's so good. It's so good.
Speaker 2: The first comment on there it says, I still come back to this from time to time to remind myself that.
Speaker 1: The world is still worth saving. The video is that powerful. I'm not kidding guys.
Speaker 2: Claude's guys today, temper cent chance of ring hides up around eighty five.
Speaker 1: Sarah's like, shut up, give me my tickets. Hi, Sarah, Hi, Hi, how are you? I just I want everybody to go watch that video if you've never seen it before, It's so awesome. Hey, your color number ten. Congratulations, thanks so excited, Like, is there a video?
Speaker 2: Is there something on YouTube that like just every time you see it it makes you happy, put some bing, dopey smile on your face.
Speaker 1: Like music still does that to me.
Speaker 2: And I've been doing this forever, but it's still it's still it's still got me by the short and curlies.
Speaker 6: You know, there's this one Dave Chappelle show that always makes me laugh.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's like kind of like a go to thing, like when you need to smile, when you need to laugh. Yeah, that's fine. Yeah, that's good man telling you that sounds powerful, Sarah.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna give you Modest Smiles Flaming Lips tickets for their show at the sevene three Music Call in August.
Speaker 1: Okay, thank you so much man, Thank you, Sarah. I have a great day. Thank you, bye bye. Thank you for listening. Boy, there's been a lot of vacation talk on this show. Dude.
Speaker 2: The health benefits now, well, hang on a second. Everybody's budget's dying right now. People are telling me they can't take time off of work. You don't want to come home to that full inbox, you know, when you get back. Alex is one of these guys that vacations. He you have this mindset that they're more trouble than they're worth.
Speaker 1: Just can't afford them.
Speaker 2: He gets you out of that mindset. There's dude, the camping thing. The camping thing is vacation. You need to go on vacation. I don't feel like rested after a campaign. You get time off on this show. Yeah, you do get time off. You can take advantage of it.
Speaker 1: There are things that.
Speaker 2: You can do that could end up extending your life vacation benefits.
Speaker 1: I can't afford those things. That's not true. That's not true. There are things that you can do that don't cost a lot of money. I can only go to Galveston so many times? Did you go to the arbarium? That's not a vacation.
Speaker 2: Getting away can boost health and happiness, and the effects can be both immediate and long lasting.
Speaker 1: But how often and for how long.
Speaker 2: One study found that those that took a trip once a year for several years in a row increased their longevity by about twenty percent. One week going to do something fun, one week, unplugging one week. This isn't I don't have five weeks vacation. Rod, Okay, you get one.
Speaker 3: Take it.
Speaker 1: Well, I gotta work. I work. My dad did that.
Speaker 2: My dad did that his whole life. He couldn't get he couldn't get past that. He got double time. He was working and getting paid doubles, extra money. Yeah, he could not get past that. The dude, my old man worked every holiday everything. Couldn't pass up that holiday pay. It's like the dude never went anywhere, you know, after my parents split, Like that guy could have gone anywhere you wanted.
Speaker 1: Did my dad go anywhere?
Speaker 2: No, didn't go anywhere, just like yeah, checked out at sixty two. Why because he didn't go on vacation. Should have gone So as little as once a week, one trip a year, for several years in a row. Some folks even reduce their risk of dying from heart related conditions by thirty percent. That once a year vacation lowers your heart, blood pressure, blood sugar levels. Even a week of vacation is ideal, but even shorter trips come with some help benefits. So even getting away for a few days leaves people feeling less stressed and depressed than those that barely use their PTO at work.
Speaker 1: That's it. That's it. Okay, so many of you are like saying, I can't do this, I can't do that. Find a way, find a way. It's important to deal money Finana. It always comes down to finances, and I understand that. Find a way. I won't pay my electricity this month.
Speaker 2: You get the time off, use it to do something that's going to be beneficial for you.
Speaker 1: That's it.
Speaker 3: That's it.
Speaker 1: Save your life. Do what comes here? Comes to email from Josh Tree, a Rod Ryan Show. Side effects include mood Swings, Mood Swings ninety four five, the buzz red Hot Chili Peppers.
Speaker 2: On a Tattooesday seven thirty six, nothing over a ten percent chance of rain today and both today and tonight cloudy, mostly.
Speaker 1: Cloudy all day high of about eighty five.
Speaker 2: Darren sends it an email, says, brother Rod just listening to your vacation bit on the air, and I got to share with you the wife and I just returned from a cruise. It was a good, hard reset being a federal employeees federal employees and pretty damn rough the last several months. It was amazing to kind of check out, not worry about the world for a couple of days.
Speaker 1: Good for you, Darren, good for you. You get the help benefits. You understand it.
Speaker 3: Do do do?
Speaker 2: Amanda says, uh, vacation expedy and everybody does payment plans.
Speaker 1: I'm not doing that. I can't afford to pay. Don't like I'm not doing it. Yeah, I understand that. I don't like going to people money.
Speaker 2: If Alex's biggest issue is money. Everywhere nowadays you can do payment plans. The uplift is oh, there's uplift.
Speaker 1: There's a firm. Expedia does payment plans. Yeah, what payment plans? That means you can't afford it. Yeah, that I get. What was the number about Coachella? Was it over sixty percent of people?
Speaker 3: Yeah, more than half the people that went to Coachella were on payment plans to pay for the ticket for the show, which means it is more than it probably would have cost to just pay for the ticket.
Speaker 1: Then all right, well, yeah, of course any kind of payment plan you're gonna be paying more for sure. That's enough. It's enough.
Speaker 2: I'll talk about this. This pisses people off every time I mentioned him once a year. It's an eighty year anniversary. It's an eighty year wedding anniversary.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm gonna say. It's eighty years ago on this day, in nineteen forty five, wedding anniversary. You don't know you know this bit. Adolf Hitler married Eva Braun in his bunker. The next day.
Speaker 2: The next day he ate a bullet. He killed himself. He was married one day. People hate that stead.
Speaker 1: He's also losing a war and didn't run get captured. He got married the day before. He made it one day, killed himself the next day. Now listen, it wasn't gonna end well for him anyways. No, no, it wasn't. It wasn't. But he just took that way out. Why did he get married just because she's probably nagging about it. It's like, ah, now, all of.
Speaker 2: A sudden, you just took all the heat off of me. Now, people, Eva, I've mad at you. Now you're the one in trouble.
Speaker 1: Now. I didn't know this.
Speaker 2: And it's not like I got a list of like wedding anniversaries, but it's also the wedding anniversary. Happy thirty six years to John bon Jovi married his high school sweetheart in nineteen eighty nine at the Graceland wedding chapel in Las Vegas.
Speaker 1: They're still together. Nice.
Speaker 2: I never watched that John bon Jovi documentary all based on Sue Ryan, my sister. She said she walked in like just thinking John bon Jovi was an okay guy. She watched the documentary and she's like, he's a dick.
Speaker 1: He liked him less. Why would you have a documentary made about you where it would make people feel worse about you?
Speaker 2: She said she felt like she she liked him less after watching the documentary. Now I think he does talk a little bit about his marriage of thirty six years. He's like, I'm John Bonjoe. I've been on the road my whole life. I'm John bon Jovie, leading us to all believes that maybe there's been some Trist's stuff. Maybe it's been some things. I mean, I don't know if it's open. I don't know Dorothea Hurley his wife, but I don't know.
Speaker 1: If I don't know, if that's why my sister doesn't like him.
Speaker 2: She just said, overall he came across is not a good guy. Uh, okay, fire your producer. And then finally I totally forgot about this. In nineteen ninety two, Emilio Estevez married Paula Abdul. Did you did you know they were married?
Speaker 1: I did not know that. I did know they were married. Completely forgot it. I mean, let's you know, I'm not still married. It's not a Brad Angelina situation. No, No, it was like they were married for two years. But yeah, like I think they were a big couple at the time. Well, how could they not be. It was thirty three years ago. Emilio as married Paula Abduel.
Speaker 3: Paul Abdul was the number one song in the country on my birthday, so that would have been like Heary.
Speaker 1: W was on the come up then too. Oh my god, Tupac Shakur got married on this day. I did not know.
Speaker 2: Two backs Shakur was married, Yeah, Keisha Morris inside of a New York State prison. He was serving the four and a half year sentence and the marriage was annulled in nineteen ninety six.
Speaker 1: Oh my god. All right, that's enough, that's enough. Back, all right, you're welcome The Rod Ryan Morning Show six to ten am.
Speaker 2: The Buzz ninety four or five, The Buzz. Oh that's a matching dragons. You knew that, right, Rob Ryan's show tat Tuesday.
Speaker 1: Next hour. What are we gonna do.
Speaker 2: We're gonna play Don't be a pig. That's how you're gonna win your Buzzfest tickets. We talked a lot about Bring On Buzzfest presented by Love Street Plod. I'm encouraging you all to go put in your time. The bands put in their time. They sent us the videos, they get out there, they play, all the gigs and all of that. They we have thirty five if I think bands to go watch their videos and vote for your favorite. Vote for you who think we'll do the Who do you think will do the best job bringing on Buzzfest? You go do this at the buzz dot com.
Speaker 1: We'll have those tickets for you and play a game. We'll play the game at around eight twenty or so. I got Alex in here eating his little cheerios watching my clus. Saw three cheerios every day o the thing, very weekday. Are you eating them? Dry? Yeah? I don't want to like carry milk back and for it, and I had to make a business decision. You're like, am I gonna carry a jug of milk? You're just raw dog in cheerios? Or just why not?
Speaker 2: Like you can get a little thing of milk. There's refrigerator here, you could use it. You can you just like keep I don't want to be the guy that has milk in the fridge. Like that's a weird guy. Move right, It's yeah, it's you're that.
Speaker 1: Guy when you leave it in there for three months. But you're not that guy. That's Alex. He's the guy he goes and I keeps his own milk at work. Nobody likes that guy. Your raw dog in cheerios. Yeah, and I'm gonna have great heart health because of it. Go What what are Houston's headlines? Well, good morning everyone.
Speaker 3: President Donald Trump is marking the first one hundred days of his second term in office with a speech tonight in Macombe County, Michigan. He's expected to hit the highlights of his second term so far, including mass deportation operations, efforts to shrink the size and scope of the government, and the changes that he's making to the global trade landscape. The one hundred day mark comes as Trump as the Trump's administration is hashing out trade negotiations with different countries across the world. After Trump levied nearly worldwide tariffs on foreign imports. It's unclear how much the president will focus on those foreign policy matters in his speech tonight. He's going to give his speech at five pm hour time. Russian President Vladimir Putin has declared a temporary ceasefire in Ukraine from May eighth to May tenth, to coincide with the eightieth anniversary of Victory Day. The Criminal anows that this truce is based on humanitarian considerations it expects Ukraine to reciprocate. Ukrainian President Ladimir Zelenski dismissed this proposal truce or proposed truth as a superficial gesture, criticizing the delay until May eighth and emphasizing the need for an immediate, full and unconditional ceasefire lasting at least thirty days to facilitate genuine diplomacy. It is kind of weird that like Russia's like, hey, I know, we tried to like do a drone strike on you guys, Like pete, timeout, let's take a time out.
Speaker 1: Time out.
Speaker 2: We want to we have a we're throwing a we're throwing a little shindig over here. If you guys can just like.
Speaker 1: Just chill out. Yeah, please excuse last night's attack.
Speaker 2: But like time out. Yes, let's take a pause. It's a big date for us over here. You don't mind, just like sitting back for one.
Speaker 3: The United States under President Trump expressed skepticism regarding Russia's intentions. US officials have indicated that continued support for Ukraine maybe reevaluated if a meaningful advancement towards peace cannot be achieved. A new survey found that only thirty percent of gen z ers believe that their generation drives more safely than That was the lowest percentage of any generation. Forty two percent of millennials think their generation has the safest drivers. Sixty percent of Gen xers say the same thing as do sixty three percent of boomers. Gen Zers say that they struggle with distractions more than any of the other GENERA generations. Fifty four percent of gen Zers say that they've eaten while driving, thirty two percent of driven while tired, and thirteen percent admit that they've driven with a pet in their lap. All of those were the highest of any of the generations. Are they like not getting driver's licenses now?
Speaker 1: They're just it's given. There is a There does.
Speaker 2: Seem to be a large percentage of younger people that it's not important for them to get out and drive.
Speaker 1: It's weird to me now they got an uber. Yeah, all ubers not cheapen, No, it's not. They used to be super cheap when it first came out. Uh yeah, I don't know. I've heard it too often for it not to be true, and I kind of go, even whatever my kids generation is, she doesn't care about rafa is she and alpha.
Speaker 2: I don't know what she is, but shows she doesn't give a flip about riding that bicycle.
Speaker 1: She does not care about riding that bicycle. That was everything to me when I was a kid. It's your freedom.
Speaker 2: Yes, it's the only reason she's on that trying to learn is because I'm forcing it upon her. You think one day she comes to me, He's like, Hey, can we go practice on the bike? No, I gotta force it.
Speaker 1: You should have bike ramps yet you check out this ramp. Oh yeah, we're gonna do some sweet jumpsuit so.
Speaker 3: And then she'll be really into bikes at that point. Jack Black just released a new record for the quickest song to land on the Hot one hundred chart with his song Steve's Lava Chicken clocking in at thirty four seconds.
Speaker 1: It's from a Minecraft movie.
Speaker 3: So yeah, this kind of confused me in the beginning this morning, when I was looking at it quickest song to land on the Hot one hundred tart, I thought that meant like the fastest time from its release till it made it on the chart. No, it's just the fastest songs, like the quickest song, the shortest songs in links.
Speaker 1: So thirty four seconds was number one. I could play the whole thing for you, play it. I could play the entire song for you.
Speaker 3: Here we go.
Speaker 2: This is from the movie or people throwing stuff during this scene and they were trying to get people to do the top and I don't know who's the it during this Lava song Chicken Chicken Jockey was okay people, I don't know who was doing this. I have no okay this is I love a Minecraft movie, obviously, but I cannot recall all right, this is Steve's.
Speaker 1: Lava Chicken number one song in America. That's the sound of mm hmm, that's Steve chickens Hell. The bell seem just and now you have on the stack.
Speaker 2: He's another one of those guys that only Jack Black could do what Jack Black does when he does a role.
Speaker 1: I say the same thing about a guy like Jim Carrey Williams.
Speaker 2: Robin Williams was the other guy that no one else can do what they do. You couldn't just plug and play another actor for those roles. He's like that too, just because of his like he's just such a triple threat. Well he's not a great dancer, but he's a funny dancer. He's a funny dancer. He is a funny dancer, but he can sing his ass off. I would say triple threat, triple threat.
Speaker 1: Okay, good, all right, And and some.
Speaker 3: Other music news. Happy birthday to Willie Nelson. He turns ninety two today. Willie just put out his seventy seventh solo studio album this past week, is one hundred and fifty fourth total. A social media post this month suggested that his son is basically act dan as a caretaker for him now, but his wife and he said that that's not true either way. Happy birthday to the legend Willie Nelson.
Speaker 1: Those are UST's headliness music was my friend. Come on, he wait to get on the road again. I'm gonna just sing some more Willy Skip the Rockets Lava Chicken sigence. All right, come on, it's not over yet. It's not over.
Speaker 3: Yacket's lost the Warriors last night one or ninety one oh six reps for not great. But Rockets did miss twelve free throws in the game, and you should never do that as an NBA team.
Speaker 2: Would you do something about your twin today? He was up until midnight watching this Rockets game. He's got low energy. He's he's just kind of like craping.
Speaker 1: On everything that I'm saying. What are you not going? Would you cheer this guy up a little bit? Peg?
Speaker 4: Do you want to go to Oh's brother?
Speaker 1: Like right now?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: All right, it's not what I We have a show to do.
Speaker 4: You want me to cheer Manka Wood.
Speaker 1: We haven't got to show me up to do. Let's go to Oja's. They're not open yet. All right, chill, you're not out go? Uh yeah?
Speaker 3: Where's the game? The series three games to one. They're gonna play game five tomorrow night in Houston. In baseball, it's good news there you go. Astro's gotta win. Last night they be the Tigers eight to five. Jose al Tuove, Homer after asking to be moved out of the leadoff spot. It was his fourth homer of the season. I'll play the Tigers again tonight. Ryan Gasto is gonna be on the mound for the Stros, going up against Detroit's Reese Olsen. First pitches at seven ten, and you can listen to it on our sister stations, Sports Talk seven ninety and News Radio seven h is what's going on in sports? All right?
Speaker 1: Wait to go out on a high note. Bro, It's just because yes, come on man. Halfway point of the show, Daddy, Oh, let's go come.
Speaker 9: On Houston's Rock, Houston's Alternatives, and The Rod Ryan Morning Show.
Speaker 2: US ninety four or five, The Buzz, Good Morning, Rod Ryan's Show.
Speaker 1: Halfway part of the show.
Speaker 2: It's Lincoln Park in the end. I loved coming in yesterday getting all those Lincoln Park reviews. I don't chilly put a lot of stuff up on our Facebook page yesterday.
Speaker 1: This would be a good little reminder.
Speaker 2: That I would greatly appreciate all of you if you could do us a solid I think so.
Speaker 1: Some times I say these things and you're like, yeah, I'll get around to it. I do it now.
Speaker 2: Follow us at Rod Ryan's show Instagram. Oh you've been meaning to do that, but you haven't yet. Okay, you can check out the twins. They were out this weekend at Cactus Cod for the Crawfish Cookoff. I put up some ACDC pictures just yesterday. We're always updating Instagram. It's my favorite one. Is it your favorite one? Is this the one you use the most?
Speaker 1: Instam?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I use Twitter, you know, Yeah, I forgot you're always there a bitching on Twitter.
Speaker 2: We are on Twitter at rod Ryan Show. All of it's at rod Ryan Show. But I would appreciate some follows and some you know, subscribing. Hey, everybody on Facebook, you're watching us.
Speaker 1: The show.
Speaker 2: The video companion of the show is on all morning long, so you can watch us on Facebook.
Speaker 1: You can watch us on YouTube.
Speaker 2: And those are things. I mean, it's kind of boring to sit here and beg for people to follow you on Instagram and just do it big, just like, just go do it and I don't have to talk about it anymore. That would be nice.
Speaker 1: That would be nice, all right?
Speaker 2: At rod Ryan Show, please please please, we're gonna play don't be a pig coming.
Speaker 1: Up in just a little bit to win your Buzfest tickets.
Speaker 2: A bunch of people told me, you've gone to look at the bands bring On Buzzfest presented by Love Street Blonde.
Speaker 1: It's our last week.
Speaker 2: I think, I don't know, and then like what I would like to do is like I'd like if you had to go to Chili for that, And then he goes, I don't know, man, I don't know when the end of.
Speaker 1: Date is that for that? Does anybody read the Wizard's emails.
Speaker 3: Chili?
Speaker 1: How long are we going to be voting on these bands or bring on Buzzfest?
Speaker 11: We did talk about it on the leaving the other day, okay, and let me reflect to my calendar.
Speaker 1: No, I think he said he was gonna push it back because.
Speaker 11: We were supposed to have it or like on a Tuesday, and he says, no, you go to Friday with Friday the ninth. Oh boy, Friday May ninth will be that they voting. Yeah, next, no, not trually, that's when we announced the winner.
Speaker 1: Yeah that's not true that I know. That's not right. Not thanks, You probably have until Friday.
Speaker 11: Yeah, you got them through Friday, and then after that that's when you'll start doing all that.
Speaker 1: Now you just repeating what I said, or is it Friday?
Speaker 11: Well, looking at my nose, it's sounding like what you're saying kind of goes with it, okay, because it says he was announcing on May ninth, but no.
Speaker 2: Mention of when it's ending. Noah, okay, no, maybe you'll never all right, we'll find out. Well, could you find out for me please?
Speaker 1: I got you up. Thank you, Thank you so much. Hey, what is that truck of yours? The f to fifty? Yeah, the Dizazel? Yeah, what kind of truck?
Speaker 6: Is it?
Speaker 4: Four powers four seven three diesel?
Speaker 1: Thank you being anything else about it? Did you know the Pope was rammed tough? Did you know what? Did you know what the Pope mobile was?
Speaker 4: I didn't know it was a ram I thought it was like one of those European vehicles.
Speaker 6: No.
Speaker 1: So yeah. So the Pope, like was.
Speaker 6: He was.
Speaker 2: He spent his whole time being the Pope. He wanted to be accessible, he wanted to be humble. He his commitment to humility. And I think they used like Rolls Royces in the past, and they had like really really nice cars before it was a that's a modified ram fifteen hundred pickup.
Speaker 1: That's what the pope mobile is. I just read this, That's what I was thinking.
Speaker 2: I'm like, because it's white. I know you're trucking Betty White is white. I didn't know what the brand name was or what the make was.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was a yeah.
Speaker 2: But during the twelve years it's a ram fifteen hundred. Uh that's being used in the in the procession.
Speaker 4: Well, you know they kept that so quiet because you know, if if not, that would have been putting that. Hey, you want to ride the truck that the Pope trust?
Speaker 1: That's true?
Speaker 4: You get yourself a dodge.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the Pope's ram tough and Harley and Ramp to Harley and he was a bouncer.
Speaker 1: And Browns to Hey.
Speaker 4: I mean, guy, I think that can be picked as the Pope.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you've told me that you would be your somehow you feel your pope material?
Speaker 1: I think it is.
Speaker 4: I would try to save all those lost souls side the strip.
Speaker 2: Clube, dude, everything that they have at the cloud over at Heartbreakers. Okay, I'm those old hard drives. You're not gonna be the.
Speaker 4: Pope, Okay, dude, I was just trying to save them, all right.
Speaker 2: I gotta take a short break when we come back on a rec check for you, We'll find out what's trending, and then I'll tell you exactly how you're gonna win tickets to uh to join us out at Buzzfest.
Speaker 9: Houston's Rock, Houston's Alternative and the Rod Ryan Morning Show.
Speaker 1: All right, yeah, welcome back. I'm getting set up here. We're gonna play. We're gonna play a game coming up for you guys to win some Buzzfest tickets.
Speaker 2: I guess we'll let the Twins maybe do an example round for us so that they can show you how easy.
Speaker 1: It is to win these Buzzfest tickets.
Speaker 2: Everybody's was really on their game up until midnight watching basketball last night. Cloudy skies today ten percent chance of ring highs up around eighty five.
Speaker 1: What's trending over there? NBA playoffs are trending. People are talking about the games.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they specifically the stupid game last night that made a bunch of people stay up late. ROCKETSSS the Warriors one O nine to one six. They're now down three games to one in that series.
Speaker 1: Now, you didn't have to stay up all night.
Speaker 3: I mean I was trying to support the boys. Okay, I got your passionate. I got your passion, look it up, okay. Willie Nelson is trending. People are wishing the Willie Meister a let's they call on the Willy Meister.
Speaker 1: I didn't know that that was I never really heard him called that before.
Speaker 3: Wishing him a happy ninety second birthday today. And then Spain Portugal power outages is trending.
Speaker 1: This has been kind of trending since yesterday.
Speaker 3: I guess there was like a grid failure in Spain and Portugal and a lot of people were experiencing a blackout.
Speaker 1: So that's just trending in ninety five the buzz all right, thank you? Remember how to play this? This game I do?
Speaker 2: It's called uh, don't be a pig? A peg into the studio? Where did that come from?
Speaker 1: All right?
Speaker 3: Where all these pig drops coming from? The name of the game is don't be a Pig. I'm gonna get three of you.
Speaker 2: On the phone and I'm gonna give you some clues and uh, you're, you're, you're, You're gonna be led to believe. I'm looking for something dirty. Chili's bad at this Chili's bad at this game. I'm looking for a word and I'm gonna give you guys clues. Why don't we let chili go first so.
Speaker 1: That we can get rid of the fact that he is probably not He's not good at this chili. Chili, don't think dirty things.
Speaker 4: I got it, That's all I think about.
Speaker 1: Okay, your first clue, I can make you.
Speaker 4: Oh that's true, a virgin?
Speaker 1: Oi what I can make you a virgin?
Speaker 4: A bartender.
Speaker 1: That was load of my guess as well.
Speaker 4: Yeah, virgin margarita, virgin drinks.
Speaker 1: We gotta winter, don't joked.
Speaker 4: That's proof my alcoholism pays off.
Speaker 1: That's proof that you can get this on one clue.
Speaker 3: Well done, Chili, Thank you, I appreciate that's my twin brother right there.
Speaker 1: I should Okay, wrong order. I should have given you this one first.
Speaker 2: If I if you don't give me your tip, I'm disappointed, bitty, But you would have probably gone waitress on that and I would have said no, And then I should have gone. When I give it to you straight up, it's neat. Ah, that's neat, And then I can make you a virgin. I guess that was the Okay, different order. I'm gonna I'm gonna.
Speaker 1: Make check my order. But Chili. It takes nothing away from you getting it done. Thank you. That's how you win. Don't be a pig and you get through first and you get one clue and you get it. Okay.
Speaker 2: I showed out to work today. It is seven two one two five nine four five. Give me three callers.
Speaker 1: I might only need one of you. Ryan Show on ninety four five the.
Speaker 2: Buzz ninety four to five Buzz either faked It rad Ryan Show A twenty four on this Tattooesday. Number one link today is Tattooesday. It's not even the fourth or fifth link, but the fact that it's showing up. I know some of you are looking at the bring On Buzzfest link. Thank you very much for that, just because I'm thinking about it. We're about to give away these Buzzfest tickets, Alex. You said you started, yeah, looking at the local bands. Bringing On Buzzfest presented by Love Street Blonde. Got a bunch of bands all trying to get up there on the main stage. And someone's got to get that party started. Okay, someone's got to get that party started. On Saturday, May twenty fourth, out of the woods ones, which band will it be? Chili did say, friday's your last day to get your votes in. So you got you've got this week, and we've been beating up pretty good about it today.
Speaker 1: All right, I'm giving Await tickets to buzz Fest. We're gonna play Don't be a pig. Don't be a be a pig.
Speaker 2: Chili out of the gate. Boom goes to Dynamite. First clue, he did line me up three people today. He doesn't think people can do what he.
Speaker 1: Did, Dwayne. Good morning, what's up? Good morning? What's up?
Speaker 3: Bro?
Speaker 1: Welcome to uh.
Speaker 2: The name of the game is don't be a pig. I'm looking for a word. It's not dirty. And Chili just showed you how to get it done. That one clue might get it done. All right, all right, I need a word, Dwayne. Your first clue is it's it's weird when it's coming from me. When I say these things, I'm uncomfortable, very uncomfortable.
Speaker 1: Dwayne.
Speaker 3: I can keep you up all night. Don't be a There'll be a pick Dwain, And I don't mean me this thing that I'm looking for. I can keep you up all night, Dwayne.
Speaker 2: Kato. That's not a bad answer, dude, Not a bad answer. But it's the wrong answer. We got to think about to you.
Speaker 1: My answer written down already?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 1: Really interesting? Am I making this game too easy?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 1: Maybe we're just good today, Dwayne. I'm sorry. David. David is up next? Hi David, Hi, Hi David.
Speaker 2: Welcome to uh the game that's called don't be a pig? All right, then'll be a pick?
Speaker 1: Got your pig? We don't know that yet, David. Good morning.
Speaker 3: You get two clues now. The first clue is I can keep you up all night. Next clue is, ugh, it sounds so bad when I'm almost ready, I start to.
Speaker 1: Drip, disgusting. Come on, what what?
Speaker 3: What is it?
Speaker 1: Coffee? What did you write down on the first clue? You wrote back down? I wrote down coffee as well, obviously.
Speaker 3: Oh whoa, whoa, whoa, Hey it is corect coffee.
Speaker 1: David, I'm clue number two. You got it today. I'm too easy to you, guys. I'm so too good to you.
Speaker 6: Guys.
Speaker 1: Were just sharp today. No, you're not sharp, dull, maybe Stallard sharp than we've ever been before, David sharp, David, You're just one. Congratulations.
Speaker 3: I can keep you up all night when I'm all most ready I start to drip some like Alex like it as dark as you can get. Alex does like the black coffee over there.
Speaker 1: David, you're the winner. I'm gonna give you some tickets to go see.
Speaker 2: Come join us at Buzzfest on Saturday, May twenty fourth out at the Woodlands.
Speaker 1: All Right, awesome, all right, Poor Paul Raims over there, never even got on the show.
Speaker 2: Paul, you sorry, Paul, We don't even get to you don't even get the clues because David stole your tickets.
Speaker 1: The rod Ryan's show ninety four or five.
Speaker 2: Buzz Buzz Beastie Boys with No Sleep till Brooklyn rod Ryan's show on this tattooesday.
Speaker 1: Dude is Billy Ray Cyrus' hair? His Does he have that much hair? I think so. It's the celebrity couple that nobody asked for.
Speaker 2: Okay, I'm like, I'm beyond the whole Elizabeth Hurley thing. Like I've talked about her for years. I think like she whatever age she is, I don't know if she's fifty eight something like that, she's the hottest. She's the hottest fifty seven fifty eight year old on the planet. Okay, refined got that beautiful accent. Everything she's with, the she's with the most bubba dude out there? Is that hair real got to be?
Speaker 1: Is it got it?
Speaker 2: Elizabeth Hurley continues to torment me, posting shots where she's cuddling up with her new man, Billy Ray Ciris.
Speaker 1: I'm not the only one that's confused with this relationship. Okay, I'm not the only one. I know. I should be happy for him. Yeah, is that a wig? Nah? Did you see it? It's just the most it's got.
Speaker 2: He's got all the hair, Like he can give me half of his and he'd still have a full head and I'd look pretty good.
Speaker 1: Oh, his hair wouldn't be as glorious. It's glorious.
Speaker 2: I could see what she sees in that main he has got. He's never lost a hair Like he gets out of a hot shower.
Speaker 1: He has never lost one hair on the shower. Oh, that son of a bit. She's got so much hair. That could be me. That could be me.
Speaker 2: That's why, that's why I didn't get with Elizabeth Hurley, because I don't have any hair. She wanted the guy with the most hair on the planet. They're like posing under a tree Billy's got both arms wrapped around her.
Speaker 1: He looks so happy. Hollaly, she was like, tell me that old ton rad again.
Speaker 2: And then he's like, there's one, Like there's an a TV has Has Elizabeth Hurley ever been on an a TV before?
Speaker 1: Billy Ray Cyrus? Now she has before that? No, No, she's like in some field car with him. I'm like, come on, she's never done these things. They're actually gonna do next, show her another side of life. Okay, that's just slacks matter, So help me God. If she posts a picture of her mutton busting, I'm done. I'm off. The Internet's coming. Can you imagine her on the side of the sheep.
Speaker 2: You think she's met Miley? Yeah, I don't know how that works. I know I think Billy Ray and Miley Cyrus are estranged.
Speaker 1: Oh they I think?
Speaker 3: So?
Speaker 1: How could you be a strange from Billy Ray? I don't. I think that whole family's weird, This celebrity families, am I right? Yeah? So you're telling me, brother, I mean, it's the oddest couple going right now. Seems to be working.
Speaker 2: If you want to see Elizabeth Hurley just nuzzling all that hair, that Billy is on the Looking at Girl's blog page.
Speaker 1: I love you, Billy Ray, I love you. You see that boat? Uh, that speedboat? That speedboat. Yeah, that's crazy. I'm a day late.
Speaker 2: I know everyone's already seen it. But if you have it, if there's one of you that has not seen that wild video that's kind of making the rounds right now. It's a speedboat and it takes flight. I don't know how anybody would want to break any kind of a boat record for speed. Okay, because it's a little windy out there. The boat's going over two hundred miles per hour. It's like the tip of the motor is the only thing that's in the water.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: The whole boat, the whole boat is just it's it's ripping, it's ripping along. And if you just get a if somebody just comes by and goes it is like the boat goes hair. Yes, the people on board escaped with minor injuries. There's video of inside the cockpit and these guys are lucky. I maybe maybe a broken leg or something like that. It looks like it looks like they should be gorners on this thing. It's it's three things you must see today and most of you probably saw it. I got a farting beaver on that same link. They put like night cameras out there. They're watching the beavers work. They're hard workers, they're real. I'm telling you, like you're thinking, Okay, this is a throwaway bit. No one's gonna check this out. These beavers are working their asses off all night long building the dam and everything, but they're farting. It's the night camera. And then okay, then I do have something really good and this one, this one look kind of this might bring it a little tear to your eye. It's a TikTok that's kind of gone viral, and it's this woman and she's painting her cousin's nails. The day before she was taking off life support and she's just she's paying an ouse. It's like she's kind of doing something that's normal, something like that. It's the most tear jerker video that you're going to see. It's right after the farting beaver though, so I just it's a little bit. You're running the gamut of emotions on this thing.
Speaker 1: Because you got the boat. They're fine.
Speaker 2: You got the craziest tier jerker video that you're going to see probably all year and then you got farting beavers in the middle.
Speaker 1: Laugh you'll cry.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, it's it's it's called Three Things You Must See. Yeah, it's called Three Things Lack.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: It's on the world famous rod Ryan Show page at the buzz dot com.
Speaker 9: Ho's alternative and helm of the rod Ryan Morning shown the Buzzy.
Speaker 2: Four or five the Buzz Poppa Roach even if it kills me, Good morning, rod Ryan's Show.
Speaker 1: Thank you so much for having us on big day for Alex today. It's I know he's a songbird and all, but it's International Dance Day. I know what it is. I know how fleet you are on your feet over there, big dancer. My sister and I.
Speaker 2: Had to go to Polish dance class when we were little kids. Had to dance with my sister.
Speaker 1: You know how gross that is, like when you're a little kid. It's the absolute worst thing in the world. Yeah, like, that's I had to do Polish dances. We had to wear the whole garb and all that stuff. How much you still remember you still show us a little Polish dance.
Speaker 2: I remember we had to kind of sing a little bit as we were dancing in Polish and a lot of it's most of it.
Speaker 1: I had blocked out.
Speaker 2: But we were at some old folks home and we were performing, and I screwed up, my sister screwed up whatever. We started hitting each other and ran off, and people thought it was a bit like the old people were laughing.
Speaker 1: They thought it was a part of the show.
Speaker 2: Show And my sister and I started wailing on each other on the Polish dance floor and we ran off, and then I think my mom beat us afterwards. We beat each other up on the dance floor, and then my mom beat us afterwards in the just like some other lands.
Speaker 1: And I remember it was the first time I ever put one parent against the other. I talked to my dad. I was young.
Speaker 2: I was really, I'm like six years old. I'm like, Dad, you gotta talk to mom. You gotta get me out of this. You got to get me out of this, bro, Like I went to my dad.
Speaker 1: I went to my dad. I'm like, bro, you gotta be my guy. You gotta be my guy here. You got to get me out of this. I think eventually he worked on that. I got out of it. Yeah, I think I owe it to my own man for getting me out of that. All Right, there you go. That's my dance story. I got some dancing. Happy dance day, Happy dance day, everybody. It's not a good memory for me.
Speaker 2: Claudy' skuy's ten percent chance of rain highs of around eighty five. All right, one final time, Buddy Houston's headlines. Please well gime more hell everyone.
Speaker 3: President Trump is marking the first one hundred days of his second term in office with a speech tonight in Macombe County, Michigan. He's expected to hit the highlights of his second term so far, including mass deportation operations, efforts to shrink the size and scope of the government, and the changes that he's making to the global trade landscape. One hundred day mark comes as the Trump administration is hashing out trade negotiations with other countries across the world after Trump levied nearly worldwide.
Speaker 1: Tariffs on foreign imports.
Speaker 3: It's unclear how much the President's going to focus on the foreign policy matters, but his speech will be at five pm hour time the Papal To, where the papal conclave to elect Pope Francis's successor is scheduled to begin on May seventh in the Sistine Chapel following his death on April twenty first. This conclave is going to be large, with one hundred and thirty five eligible cardinal electors under the age of eighty, many appointed by Pope Francis himself. Cardinals are going to reside in the Domas Sante Marte and remain isolated from the outside world. They will attend a morning mass in Saint Peter's Basilica before entering the Sistine Chapel, where they will take oaths of secrecy and begin voting, and two thirds majority is required to elect a new pope. Voting continues with up to four ballots per day. After each round, ballots will be burned. Black smoke signals no decision, while white smoke and the ringing of bells announced that the election of a new pope. Upon election, the new Pope will choose a papal name and deliver the herbi at orby blessing from the balcony of Saint Peter's Basilica.
Speaker 1: Uh is a term that I learned from you. Are you gonna get your beak wet on this one? Are you uh? Betting? Family? Betting? For real?
Speaker 2: Yes, there's people betting on who's gonna be the people betting.
Speaker 1: But I'm not in the know yet.
Speaker 2: I think like, you haven't bet on stuff that you have no idea about. True, but there's other sports going on right now. Okay, this was in the offseason. If it was just baseball, then yeah, I'd probably.
Speaker 7: Yet on this.
Speaker 2: Some are saying this is like the Super Bowl, in the World Series and the World Cup all rolled into one. As far as betting, some are saying that I'm not saying, Okay, I'm just saying some of the playoffs and.
Speaker 1: Stanley Cup playoffs are going on. I gotta make my money that way.
Speaker 2: I want to say, Pope Francis was a super duper long shot. Yeah, he kind of came out of nowhere that they that they chose him. He didn't think he even think didn't think he had a chance at it.
Speaker 1: I want a woman, Pope. I don't know that that's in the odd to be pretty wild though, bet well, why don't you go a or an Italian? Well, why don't you go and waste your money? I might, Okay, maybe I will. You can really bet on this for real, Yeah, you definitely can.
Speaker 3: All Right, The Washington Nationals helday Pups in the Park night at and post games fireworks last Friday.
Speaker 1: So the problem with that is that sometimes dogs get scared of fireworks.
Speaker 3: They gave people twenty minutes to get their dogs out of the stadium.
Speaker 1: People complained though that was not enough time.
Speaker 3: Someone shared a photo of the JumboTron that had a warning that said fireworks would start twenty minutes after the last out and said, if you or your four legged friend are not a fan of loud noises, we advise you to exit Nationals Park immediately following the game's conclusion.
Speaker 1: Not enough time.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there was a whole Reddit thread about how not so well this turned out. One person said twenty minutes was definitely not long enough and that their dogs started freaking out outside of the stadium, and another person saw a terrified dog slip out of his harness and almost run into traffic, which was which is scary.
Speaker 1: I mean, you gotta be aware that, like, hey, okay, fireworks.
Speaker 3: I feel like, yeah, the Nationals like overlooked this when they were scheduling both of those at the same day. But also, if you know that your dog is going to freak out, that's on you to leave a little bit early.
Speaker 1: I don't know if you know this.
Speaker 2: I'm just I'm gonna put you on the spot. Are all the people that bring dogs to the games? Are they in one section?
Speaker 1: I do not know. I've never gone to one of those.
Speaker 2: I have been at the astros on dog night, and I feel like they're going to the same area always.
Speaker 1: The people with the dogs, they may, I don't know that they're scattered all over the place. How you would only sell like dog tickets? I know, yeah, that too, so that I'm not sure of either. There's probably like.
Speaker 3: A section where you're like, hey, get get together and let's meet with the other dogs. Maybe, but I feel like if it's just puffs at the park, you can bring your dog to the park, and to.
Speaker 2: Be honest with you, when it was dog night at the ballpark, except for them constantly showing them on the screens, when I was walking around getting beers, I didn't see a bunch of dogs.
Speaker 1: That's what led me to believe that they were in one area. Yeah.
Speaker 3: I mean a lot of times like dogs can be they're you know, they're they're a chore. Sometimes when you're like, oh, I've got now, I can't just go to the bathroom. I have to make sure that I went with somebody that will watch my dog while I go to the bathroom. I want a hot dog. I either take my dog into the line with me. Like, it's a whole lot more that you got to do with your dog.
Speaker 1: That's what I told Dinah when she wanted to drive around the country she was bringing Barney. I'm like, where you're gonna go eat? You just to bring that dog everywhere.
Speaker 3: You gotta get it on patios only, yes, but yeah, so again, I think it was an ast mistake. The Nationals were probably like, oh crap, Yeah, we do have Friday fireworks. We didn't thing about that, so maybe you don't do those on Friday nights. Shiloh Sanders has signed new management with h Why does that matter to you? Because his former agent was his dad, Dian Sanders wasn't as much as an agent as he was an advisor, but his little brother, Shador Sanders slid to the fifth round of the draft, where he was taken by the Browns, and Shiloh then decided, maybe it's time for me to exploit some other options. During a Twitch live stream on Saturday night, with his brother sitting by his side. Shiloh said, quote, dad was our agent, but that hasn't really worked out too good, so today I had to sign with an actual agent. Both of them laughed, so there was probably no familial drama going on. But officially neither of them had an agent during the draft. It was Dion as their advisor slash agent.
Speaker 2: Are you surprised that Shador Sanders did not have an agent, not because of his dad, I guess, okay, yeah, anyone else on that level would have had an agent.
Speaker 3: Right, yes, or they would represent themselves like a lot of people try and do that now. Lamar Jackson famously recently had done that. I just think that an agent has the numbers, an agent knows the people to call. An agent it seems like I get, like you want one hundred percent of you want to have give an agent a cut, but.
Speaker 1: Like an agent is an agent for a reason, so like you get the benefits of that. I wrecked myself. Yeah, I don't have an agent. Yeah, if you're on an NFL player though, no I'm not.
Speaker 2: But there's a lot of people at my level that have an agent. I think most two yeah, yeah, and I don't.
Speaker 1: I never did.
Speaker 3: I never want to give anybody a cut, right, Like, that's why I want to get the logic to that. But like, especially if you're trying, like if like Shandor, I can understand maybe not having one, but Shiloh, like, you're not going to be a first round pick, so you should probably get somebody who's gonna help you out there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, what a mess.
Speaker 3: After rocking two sold out shows at Toronto's Rogers Center on April twenty fourth and the twenty sixth, Metallica desired to spread the love around as they tend to do. The band made a generous forty thousand dollars donation to the city's Daily Bread food bank through there All Within My Hands Foundation. Neil Heatherington, CEO of Daily Bread, ex his gratitude for the band's support, noting that the funds will help provide approximately forty thousand meals to those in need. Isn't the first time the battack has supported Dad has supported David, but they previously donated proceeds from a surprise show at the Opera House in twenty sixteen. Always Doing, Always Doing charity work, Metallica, Yep, those are Houston's headlines.
Speaker 1: Okay, go ahen one more time.
Speaker 3: Rockets lost the Warriors last night one or nine to one oh six.
Speaker 1: So the referees were not very good in the game.
Speaker 3: But the Rockets did miss twelve free throws and they are professional basketball players, which seems like that shouldn't happen. They're only nineteen to thirty one from the line, whereas now lead the series three games to one. They've only lost one playoff series in their history under Steve Kerr.
Speaker 1: While they had a three to one lead. They're gonna play Game five tomorrow night back here in Houston.
Speaker 3: In baseball, there you go, Astros gotta win. Last night they be the Tigers eight to five. Jose Altuve had asked to be removed from the leadoff spot. It sead He said getting back from the outfield and then having to go leadoff games was was a little bit taxing. So they moved him to the two spot, and he homerd last night after asking to be moved out of that. It was his fourth home run of the season. They're gonna play the Tigers again tonight. Ryan Guest will be on the mount for the Strows, going up against Detroit Reese Olsen first pitches at seven ten, and you can listen to the game on our sister stations, Sports Talk seven ninety and News Radio.
Speaker 1: Seven forty KTI Rah. That is what's going on in Sports Houston and The rod Ryan Morning Show six Am, The Buzz.
Speaker 3: Ninety four five, The Buzz, Good Morning, rod Ryan Show, litt Miserable rod Ryan Show on this tat Tuesday.
Speaker 1: It's a great link. It really is a great link. Have you signed up for Reading my Lips?
Speaker 2: Speaking of going to the world famous Rod Ryan Show blog page.
Speaker 1: If you go to that page, if you go to the.
Speaker 2: Blog page like where all the different links are, we call it links and guests, you can sign up to come down and compete against the Chile.
Speaker 1: Sign up against Chili to play Read my Lips to come down to the studio on Thursday. Okay, this is pretty good.
Speaker 3: I like this.
Speaker 1: I've always said.
Speaker 2: That pizza is the safest bet with me personally the worst pizza ever, It's still pizza to me. Yeah, okay, yeah, I know that it could it could vary, but it's still pizza to me. What they're talking about online here, it's it's it's foods that have the wildest swings. And I'm gonna give you a real good example where you'll be crystal clear on where I'm going with this. What food has the wildest swing between being good and bad?
Speaker 1: And I'll give you my favorite example.
Speaker 2: Okay, because for the last ten years, Brussels sprouts are awesome. When you order Brussels sprouts now, they're like roasted and it's like a totally different vegetable. I don't know what they're putting on them.
Speaker 1: I put them in the air fryer and you drizzle a little whatever on there. They're awesome. My mom made Brussels sprouts when I was a kid. They were maybe boiled.
Speaker 2: They were like little fart balls. They were the worst tasting thing in the world.
Speaker 1: Nothing. There's not a bigger swing from hate to great than there is with Brussels sprouts. I don't know how. I don't know how.
Speaker 2: We just kind of figured out how to make Brussels sprouts. Of course, we're not eating them. They're not healthy, and a lot of places, I'll be honest with you, a lot of places will defry them.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and it's everything, and it's so good. It's so good. Some examples that people were given.
Speaker 2: Now, some could say you could put seafood on this list, but salmon specifically, salmon specifically if it is just the least bit a day too old and if I get a whiff of it, Salmon's one of my favorite things. Yeah, it's one of my favorite things. And I'm so happy that my kid likes it so we can have it like once a week. It could be my favorite food, or it could make me throw up by just looking at it. If it's just even close to being not bad just one day late. Yeah, it's one day late from hitting the oven. That that's a wild swing for me. Watermelon. You ever take a bite of watermelons got zero flavor? Or you take a bite of watermelon and it can be the sweetest thing you've ever eaten in your life. Watermelon makes the list as that it's a food with the wildest swing between being good and bad.
Speaker 1: People mentioned this is another good one for me, And I'll say this before I get it.
Speaker 2: Barbecue barbecue is all gonna be good like barbecue barbecue, Right, it's the sides where I judge your barbecue. Beside, like if your potato salad is awesome, Like there could be crappy potato salad, and there could be really really good potato salad. But I think even the wildest swing between good and bad is the Coleslaw. I have had absolute horrible Coast law before, and Coast law is one of my favorite things.
Speaker 1: I don't think I've ever had good coal saw. Oh I love it. You don't like Coaslaw? Not a fan.
Speaker 2: I love Coleslaw, And if it's right, if it's good, oh my god, then I think that your barbecue is amazing.
Speaker 1: Based on your coleslaw. I judge based on sauce. Really, Yeah, you like a sweeter sauce. I don't care really either way. I can just like. If I like the sauce, then the barbecue's gonna hit. What about loaded nachos, They're good for five minutes. I disagree. I could eat the like I love just cheese and chips where you just like, no, no, no, I'm not. I'm talking about that bad boy.
Speaker 2: I'm talking about those loaded ass nachos that come to your table. It's got a million things on it, it's got all the toppings on it. Oh, it's good all day, buddy, it stays good to you. Yeah, those doggy ass chips.
Speaker 3: I sometimes it makes it a little bit better because it's got some of the juices.
Speaker 1: You can't even pick them up anymore.
Speaker 3: You just get a whole handful of like there's like twelve of them stuck together, Like alright, it's mine that counts to win chip.
Speaker 1: Alright. I feel like like cold cuts can kind of be really getting really bad.
Speaker 3: There is a like a charcooterie board. You let it sit out a little too long. Yeah, and it's just like that sam or that that salami not as good.
Speaker 1: I bought the turkey slice turkey for you know, just turkey. I got a turkey sandwich today for lunch. Uh.
Speaker 2: I cheaped out, bought the one that was two dollars cheaper. You gotta go bares huts, you gotta go it swings.
Speaker 1: I just go to Deli. I just go to Delhi. Im like, give you somethin less slice turkey. Oh you get it cut.
Speaker 3: I feel like I feel like an Italian. I feel like I know what I'm doing, even though it's a very simple request.
Speaker 2: Is anyone on the planet still eating boiled or deemed Brussels sprout?
Speaker 1: Probably right? I don't know, my mom, Maybe I don't know. I don't know if anybody still is. Why wouldn't you?
Speaker 2: There's other ways to be oviest way to do it. There's way better unhealthy ways to cook Brussels sprouts. That makes them awesome, one of the best foods out there.
Speaker 9: Houston's Rock, Houston's Alternative all Day and The rod Ryan Morning Show Bus ninety four.
Speaker 1: Or five The Bus Welcome back rod Ryan Show. All right, you're getting after that alternative income, don't worry.
Speaker 2: We got a chance for you to win something from us specifically, and I've got ghost ticket for you August sixteen, Toyota Center Toyta Center dot.
Speaker 1: Com to get your tickets just winning from us. I know the show. Alex will have a question for you moving forward right now. He's got this online Kid's Alix Online ninety four five The Buzz.
Speaker 3: Okay, what you got Today's Amiel's called cubicle Coma. And if you want to just kind of zone out at work today, but you don't want to look like you're zoning out at work today, this is for you. Because this site has a bunch of like spreadsheets, graphs, legal looking documents. You can click it and then just like it opens up a giant spreadsheet and it looks like you're doing work without doing work.
Speaker 1: Now, listen, I know nothing that you need to do today involves a spreadsheet, right, but like if you have like a real job. But I'm just wanting you're not like us.
Speaker 2: Any correlation to you being up till midnight watching basketball?
Speaker 3: Not me specifically, but I felt like other people may have been doing that. So maybe today you want to just kind of scroll on your phone while it looks like you're working.
Speaker 1: Oh no, boss, I'm looking at this. I'm making a.
Speaker 3: Deck right now, working on this deck for the meeting we got later on. And it's got power point up and you can do these legal documents you scroll through. They've got a bunch of Wizard would love it the graphs like you have pie charts.
Speaker 1: I don't think he likes.
Speaker 3: I don't think he likes fake wizard though, Alex, what are you? What is that graph that you're looking at? And like then that would blow my cover. But if you want to look like you're working today, just pull up this is like it's got a very complicated looking spreadsheet that you can just have up there. No Boston working on uh, working on this TPS report back in the okay, good good job.
Speaker 2: Back in the day on our website, we used to have a hide button. Yeah, it was on the menu bar, and I remember if you were like, you know, looking at the back in the day, we had like the Girl of the Day, Yeah, most types of things.
Speaker 1: The Babe of the Day, I think it was. There was one of the on the nav bar. It was hide. You could click that and it would bring up something like this. So that's pretty much what it is. It's an easy way if you were up late watching that game last night was Ia.
Speaker 3: Go check it out the web finished rod Ryan showpaget buzz dot Com.
Speaker 1: The Ryan Show, I Pooped the Buzz Oh.
Speaker 2: Yeah, ninety four or five, The Buzz Breaking Benjamin Awake, Awaken, Good Morning, rod Ryan Show nine twenty seven.
Speaker 1: On this tat Tuesday, number.
Speaker 2: One link today. There's a few of you clicking on that. Bring on Buzzfestling presented by Love Street Blombe.
Speaker 1: Thank you.
Speaker 2: Get out there, check out the local bands and a few of you have a clip to signing up for Read my lips very good.
Speaker 1: I gotta get somebody down here to play on Thursday.
Speaker 2: Two percent chance of rain, cloudy skies highs up about eighty five, now, Alex.
Speaker 1: We do this all the time on the show.
Speaker 2: Okay, every time we hear a particular type of sounding song. Maybe it's a taking back Sunday. Maybe it's all American rejects. Maybe it's another one of those bands with three names, we'll say, God was.
Speaker 1: Was was that on the American Pie Zon? So I think it's an American Pie song. I hear songs all the time and I immediately will think of what movie was it in? And this was pretty cool. I got this little I got this little.
Speaker 2: Quizzier that I put together, and it's nineties movies based on a particular song from the soundtrack. Okay, and you're gonna have to I'm gonna start out real easy with you, but you're gonna have to tell me the movie.
Speaker 1: It's a nineties movie.
Speaker 6: Me a right?
Speaker 1: Okay. Titanic? Okay, my wife walked down the aisles of this song? How was at the wedding? Yeah? Did I not know that she really likes Titanic? I do not like titan I saw like a Killer's cover or something or was that the original is this song?
Speaker 3: And she didn't tell me? And I started laughing, and I was already crying. So I was crying and I was laughing at the same time. The wedding that I went to that you got married, only got married once, only one time. She walked down the aisle of this Yeah, I don't remember that. A couple of beers.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I wasn't drunk at that time. Not then. Okay, that was easy. That was easy. So this is Titanic. Okay, nineties movie Batman Forever?
Speaker 2: Oh Batman, Okay, specifically Batman Forever. Yeah, yeah, because they featured a lot of the clips of the Batman in the video. If you're read this video was heavily played on MTV. If I would have played U two's hold Me, Through Me, Kiss Me, you probably would have known that that was another big, pretty big hit off of that soundtrack. All right, nineties movies by only one song. We've talked about this a ton of times on this show.
Speaker 1: Why am I blanking right now? I'll give you a clue.
Speaker 2: It's in there as one of the most famous closing credit songs.
Speaker 1: Sweet, I don't know pass cruel intentions. I haven't seen it so well. Okay, oh my god.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was kind of a Big Movie. It comes on at the very end of the movie. I don't know that I've ever seen the movie, to be honest with you, I know the movie. Isn't that Ryan something Goss not yeah, Philippy right, yeah, maybe.
Speaker 1: Yeah, one of the Ryans. One of the Ryans.
Speaker 2: Okay, here we go, another lay up for you. They're gonna get harder moving forward.
Speaker 1: I have not seen this, but it was it Crow. It was the Crow. Yeah, I feel like I remember you talking about it. Yeah, this is on the Crow soundtrack. All right, Okay, I'm pretty happy I got that this wasn't a movie nineties, specifically this version Beavis in my head, the Red Hot, Yes, very good.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the Beavis and Butthead movie Red Hot, Chili Peppers and their cover of Love roller Coaster. I remember that I have this on like my I had this on my iPod.
Speaker 3: And it had the Beavis and but Ahead like movie soundtrack as like the discography.
Speaker 2: Okay, ooh, this is a tough one, a little early for you. It's early nineties, big movie though. Oh filmed here in Houston.
Speaker 1: That helps me none. The movie was filmed in Houston, Texas. I don't know.
Speaker 2: Reality bites did you ever see it? No, no, yeah, they show a lot of Houston. Actually in the movie I Went on a Rider. It was a big movie of the day.
Speaker 1: Okay, of the day. It was a big movie.
Speaker 2: Now I love this song. I don't know that you'll get the movie. Ooh, this is even earlier nineties movie filmed in Seattle, Washington.
Speaker 1: Where is Airheads film? This isn't Airheads, not Airheads.
Speaker 2: The crow also the crow singles okay, yeah, Eddie Vetter's in the movie. Chris Cornell is in the movie. Cameron Crow made it. Cameron Crow made it in nineteen ninety two. He made the movie as all that stuff was happening in Seattle, and then they used Alison Chains and I mean the soundtrack, the soundtrack to that movie is unbelievable.
Speaker 1: All right, I think this one is easy all fiction. Nice Urge Overkill.
Speaker 2: Could not have told you the band Urge over Killed from pulp fiction. Girl you'll be a woman soon. It is a Neil Diamond cover. Okay, okay, Herge Overkills.
Speaker 1: Kind of happening. At that time. They had a song on the radio Sister Havanna, And I think who made pulp fiction?
Speaker 2: Of course, no, they get asked to do the soundtrack, They get asked to do the movie, and they send it in and it's just like a rough version, and they're like, we're using this version, like no, please, no, please, no, we'll record it.
Speaker 1: We're just asking you if you want it to sound like this, and they ended up using this. Quentin Tarantina thank you that.
Speaker 2: Quentin Tarantino was a bigger je Overkill fan. He said, I'm putting what you sent me in the movie. They begged him to please let them go record it was this was a rough version.
Speaker 1: Finally, this is a tough one nineties movie. Guns and Roses, you could be mine.
Speaker 2: Maybe closing credits songs too, Maybe closing credits.
Speaker 1: You saw the movie Action movie is after me Meltz? What's the movie? Terminator two two? Terminator two, Terminator two after Davy Statino comes back.
Speaker 2: Guys, the soundtracks from the nineties movies, you did pretty good. You did pretty because some of that stuff was pretty old ye from the movie that I kind of knew. I feel like some of that stuff was early early nineties. Ninety soundtracks were absolutely undefeated.
Speaker 1: Anywhere, man, you got hits. Hits came from movie soundtracks. Who was the best man? Why aren't we just playing this song? The rd Ryan Show, The Buzz.
Speaker 3: Ninety four five, The bus Zync bous and I wish you were here.
Speaker 2: Good morning rod Ryan Show on this teen Tuesday. Appreciate you guys checking us out, hanging with us a little bit. Cloudy's guys for today and tonight. So all day mostly cloudy, low chances of rayin.
Speaker 1: That's good. H I have about eighty five today. What haven't we given away yet? The Ghost tickets?
Speaker 6: There you have it.
Speaker 1: Ghost is coming to town August sixteenth.
Speaker 2: They're playing the Toyota Center. You gotta go to Toyda Center dot com to get tickets. Toya Center kind of does their own thing. I will give you a pair of tickets.
Speaker 1: Coming up. Alex will have a question for you on the flip of this break. So I gotta do is stay with us.
Speaker 9: Houston's Rock, Houston's Alternatives, and The Rod Ryan Morning Show.
Speaker 1: Ninety four or five, The Buzz. Welcome back rod Ryan Show. All right, we got one last bit of business to get to.
Speaker 2: It's tickets to go see Ghost August sixteenth, Toyota Center. Everyone else is gonna go to Toyota center dot com. Well, at least try to come get these tickets from us.
Speaker 1: I don't know if the kid's gonna ask you, but it is time for another show, Alex. This is your what's your bit?
Speaker 10: Now?
Speaker 1: It is what's your question? Well?
Speaker 3: Rod told us about something that was good for our health today?
Speaker 1: Yeah, what was that?
Speaker 2: It was met by you.
Speaker 1: With like a punch to the balls? Yeah, yeah, yeah, no what it usually is? And what was that? Seven one three seven one three two one two five nine four five. If you know the show down down the buzz is right in your pocket.
Speaker 8: Tell your smart debis to play ninety four to five The Buzz on iHeartRadio ninety.
Speaker 1: Four or five The Buzz.
Speaker 2: Good morning Rod Ryan's showman Fred, How Chili Peppers Give It Away is four minutes and forty two seconds long. I spent three and a half minutes of that song watching a simulator of a Silverback Gorilla taking out.
Speaker 1: One hundred men. I saw that a digital simulator. Yeah, one hundred guys cannot take on one Silverback gorilla. That'd be about it. You can't see you can't see the first guy. Like obviously people.
Speaker 3: Are going to not make it, you know, but you can't be afraid and then run off, because then that's when the silver back just takes over.
Speaker 1: I think everybody's got to be all about that. It's hard to keep.
Speaker 2: Going forward when you know that you're just gonna get pounded by a silverback gorilla. That was like the big talk on the weekend. It's all about teamwork. Yeah, could one hundred men take on one silverback gorilla? I love That's what the ad it's for. It's a good Internet. It really made that Chili Pepper.
Speaker 1: Song go by quick. Yeah. Good morning, everybody, listen. I hope you're having a great day.
Speaker 2: It's only Tuesday. We're gonna get through this work week together. We're running out of April. I can tell you that woo phones are ringing. Alex has a question for you. We got tickets and then we're gonna turn you loose.
Speaker 3: Now, time for I know the show four five The La la la la la la la la la la la la la.
Speaker 1: Jennifer, Good morning, Oh my god, Good morning.
Speaker 2: O M G.
Speaker 1: Jennifer, how are you?
Speaker 5: I am fantastic now because I have been trying to call for so many years and I'm never gone through.
Speaker 1: So happy you're here.
Speaker 3: I'm so happy you're here. Thank you for all of those years. If I kind of thought that I kind of thought that one hundred guys could take out a silver Back, I really think they probably could. You just gotta be about that action. I watched the simulator.
Speaker 2: If you thought for a second, Jennifer, that one hundred dudes could take out one silver Back gorilla, I don't think it could happen.
Speaker 1: I believe the simulator that I just watched. You gotta grab arms, y, gotta grab neck. Yeah, you gotta tag team. There's no way. I don't believe it either. Yeah, I don't think because I've seen the movie. Yeah, there you go. That was bigger though.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, that's a little large. Okay, listen, Jennifer, let's try to get you in to the tickets here. Let's talk about something that was discussed on the show here today.
Speaker 1: Alex, you have a question here, Yes, what did Rod tell us today? Was good for our health? A week of vacation, Yeah, a week of vacation, vacation in general, vacation. I'm not saying you got to go to Rome, Paris and Lisbon, although you could forget that three nights scratch it.
Speaker 2: But that would be nice. Yeah, I think that would be a pretty good reset in my life. Going to Rome, be Lisbon, Paris, that'd be pretty reset. No, what we talked about was it doesn't matter where you go, it's taking that vacation.
Speaker 1: Even the proof of one week off, unplugging.
Speaker 2: And vacationing wherever, cheap or expensive, very beneficial.
Speaker 1: Jennifer, you're the winner today.
Speaker 2: You did.
Speaker 1: You win, so not only did you get into the show, but you came in here.
Speaker 2: You kicked a little ass and you kicked that little silver back Alex p middle his ass. I'm gonna give you ghost tickets August sixteen, Toyota Center.
Speaker 1: You're in way to go. You're awesome, Jennifer, You're awesome. Thanks for being on the show today. Thank you all right, have a great day, have an awesome time at that show, Jennifer, that was a great way to go out with too. Put another bell. She was cool. But Kyle is for real. He might be Kyle.
Speaker 2: I didn't know what was going to go on with Kyle, but he played a guy that played in the nineties.
Speaker 1: Today like Kyle beat him. Even though that guy was pretty good.
Speaker 2: The guy hadn't played since what twenty sixteen. I think twenty sixteen. I think he said this was the last time he played.
Speaker 1: But Kyle and is sixteen years he had played.
Speaker 2: Kyle beat him. You're right, You're right, Kyle's gonna go for win number three. It's a little game we play every morning in homeroom. Homeroom's the first hour of the show. I can't sit here and explain everything, but the game is the fresh out of bad head to head challenge. Two listeners come on, one listener leaves, and the other one gets to come on and play the next day. If you keep adding to your prizes. Kyle will be on with us tomorrow at six twenty to see if he can make it win number three. We're gonna continue with all these tickets. We can play another game tomorrow. I mean, what do you what do you want to play? We did Don't Be a pick with pretty good today. I thought to Chilly was awesome.
Speaker 1: It Don't be a Pig today.
Speaker 2: It's the best outing of it that he's ever had on that game. So, yeah, what do you want to play? I'm going to continue to ask you to go and sign up if you.
Speaker 1: Want to play. Read my lips with us on Thursday.
Speaker 2: I'm going to tell you to go and vote on the bands Bring on Buzzfest presented by Love Street Blonde. Okay, I'm gonna tell you to go hit up our socials at Rob Ryan's show. Give us a follow. Don't be one of those you're gonna get around for doing it at some point.
Speaker 1: Go do it, all right, that's it. Jeremy's up next, being Jeremy Benson. That's him on Socials. He's a good follow.
Speaker 2: He's got the NonStop noon or pick your tickets with him in the one o'clock hour, and then he's got another chance for you to get in on a thousand dollars alternative income's coming up at about ten after ten. He'll do that his whole show. Teresa will do it all the way through five times.
Speaker 1: All right, that's it. Tuesday's gone for us. We're on a twenty hour break. We'll do it better tomorrow. Ams. Well, wasn't that fun?
Speaker 2: If you missed any of the show today, All the good stuff will be podcast. Check it out on the world famous Ron Ryan showpage at the buzz dot com