Speaker 1: The Mandy Connell Show is sponsored by Belle and Pollock Accident and injury Lawyers.
Speaker 2: No, it's Mandy Connell, Andy Dona, KOA.
Speaker 3: Nine Am, s got way, can the Nicey's through three?
Speaker 2: Andy Connald, Keith sad Babe?
Speaker 4: All right, you welcome, Welcome, Welcome. I'm your host for the next three hours, Mandy Connall. I got Grant Smith today because Anthony Rodriguez is covering Broncos training camp and doing all of our social media. When you follow us at KOA, Colorado, you gotta get the inside scoop on what's going on at training camp if you cannot make it there yourself. Now, if you just heard the end of Ross' show, I'm going to talk about this right now. But I just talked to a friend of mine, a former police officer, and he gave me these steps to go through to.
Speaker 5: Remedy the situation.
Speaker 4: So before I light up the Parker Police Department, I'm going to give them a chance to make it right.
Speaker 5: Let me tell you what I'm going.
Speaker 4: What's going on, And we had and I mentioned this in passing. I mentioned it briefly when it happened. But I'm gonna be perfectly Honest, I was so freaked out when it happened that I almost didn't even want to talk about it. So here's what happened.
Speaker 6: Here.
Speaker 4: What happened, Grant was this, What had happened was what happened was this. We're driving home from the airport. It's like ten thirty at night, and Q my daughter was hungry, and so we're like, okay, we'll stop a mcdonald's'll get you some nuggets whatever.
Speaker 5: So we're driving home. We get on Parker Road.
Speaker 4: We're going south on Parker Road because we're coming off four to seventy. We're stopped at a light, and as we get started again, two guys on loud motorcycles go blazing past us.
Speaker 5: We're in the left.
Speaker 4: Hand lane by the median there in the center lie. They go blazing past us with loud pipes, and my thought.
Speaker 5: Was, look at those a holes.
Speaker 4: I literally thought that to myself because they were so obnoxious. The pipes were so loud and so obnoxious. Well, little did I know how accurate my statement was, because just a little bit down the road, we're still in a left hand lane. We're tootling a long mind in our own beeswax right so one of the motorcyclists comes over into our lane. That's fine, he's a good bit ahead of us, not a problem, nobody's you know, no harm, no foul. And then he either stops his motorcycle or just he didn't slam on the brakes because there was no brake light, but he basically stops in front of us. Chuck, in order not to just rear end. The guy whips into the second lane. Now the guy he's riding with has kept going, he's kept going in the second lane. This guy has come to a you know, slowed down in the left hand lane. Chuck goes around the motorcycle safely. And here's the kicker about this whole story. You guys, My husband rode a motorcycle as his only form of transportation for years years. He is so respectful of motorcycle riders. He never crowds them. He always makes sure that he's you know, giving him plenty of space. He is one of those drivers that motorcycle drivers should be grateful for.
Speaker 5: He's the guy looking.
Speaker 4: Out for you on two wheels, right, unlike me, who you know, half the time ind on cea motorcyclist anyway, that's a story for another moment. So Chuck goes around the bike safely gets back in the left hand lane. Here comes the guy who had basically stopped in front of us, whips around us, stops his bike in front of us, and gets off his.
Speaker 5: Motorcycle and starts walking up to Chuck's store.
Speaker 4: Now at this point, motorcycle number two that had kept going also stops on the right hand side of us. But when this guy's walking towards Chuck's window, Chuck's like, I won't tell you what he said, because it's an FCC violation. He said, blank, this hit the gas, goes around the first motorcycle in front of us, and in the process nicks the other motorcycle. And when I say nix, I mean nick's the tire kind of thing. No major damage, didn't run over the frame, none of that stuff.
Speaker 5: The guy rode off.
Speaker 4: We know that because as we rode off, guy number one, who's already gotten off his bike, hops back on his bike. Now he's chasing us. Now, as you can imagine, this was all very confusing, very confusing, because we're just mining our own business, just mining our own beeswax. Going down the road ten thirty at night coming home from the airport. So we then call nine one one. We get transferred to the PARKERPD. We are talking to the park REPD as we're driving around and the guy on the motorcycle is following us. So we drive into the Parker Police Department parking lot, where there is not a soul to be seeing. There's like no sign of life at a Parker police I remember on the phone in nine one one, she's like, okay, just stop in the parking lot. We stop, the guy and the motorcycle stops in the back. Cop comes out talks to us. We tell him everything that happened, and I genuinely I was like, I have no idea why this happened. It was so baffling and honestly really really scary. So today, on the way of the office, I get a copy of the police report and do you think it says any of that? No, it does not. They obviously talked to the other guys, didn't ask them any questions like hey, why did you why did you come to a complete stop in the middle of Parker Row, Why did you do that? None of that is in.
Speaker 5: The police report. None of it.
Speaker 4: And to top things off, it doesn't make any physical sense. The way they wrote it, it makes absolutely no like physics don't explain how this police report is written. I didn't realize that you could just leave off another version of events.
Speaker 5: I didn't realize that you.
Speaker 4: Could just say to one person, the person who called nine one one and said, hey, this is a huge problem. Hey, your version of events doesn't matter. I am livid for so many reasons. Number one, I don't like it when people lie. And these guys lied. They absolutely lied, and instead of asking any questions that would show any intellectual curiosity, the policeman just wrote down their version of events. Now I realized this is a he said, she said, I get it, or he said he said whatever. I understand that part of it, I really really do.
Speaker 5: But when the.
Speaker 4: Other he said doesn't make any sense. In this report, it says that in order to go around another motorcycle, Chuck came into the other lane and clipped the motorcycle. And it says we were going five miles an hour. Now, we're on Parker Road at ten thirty at night on Monday. Why would we be going five miles an hour when we hit the other motorcycle unless we were stopped in the middle of the road by the other bar. It So I just talked to a friend of mine who is a law enforcement person, and he gave me a list of things to do. But this deeply offends me. I realize people lie all the time.
Speaker 5: I get it.
Speaker 4: People lie to get out of whatever they did. People lie because they don't want to have, you know, whatever their situation is.
Speaker 5: I don't I don't care why you lied.
Speaker 4: But you lied about me, and you lied about something that happened with me, and that doesn't fly you, guys, I hope you've listened to this show long enough to know that I do my absolute best.
Speaker 5: To tell you the truth all the time.
Speaker 4: You know why, because the truth is easy. The truth is so much easier than a lie, because a lie you constantly have to remember what did I say, how did I present that?
Speaker 5: What details do I need to make up?
Speaker 4: Now? The truth is simple. The truth is really really easy to remember. And if I do get something wrong that I thought was the truth and then it turns out not to be the truth, I have apologized more times on this radio show did I think, probably maybe any other host in the history of talk radio. Because talk radio is full of people whose egos are such that they cannot apologize. I am not one of those people. So when somebody lies about me and mine.
Speaker 3: I.
Speaker 5: Can't even.
Speaker 4: I just I can't even. It's infuriating, absolutely, Mandy. You need a dashcam? Oh yeah, oh yeah, to this point, Mandy, I keep a nine millimeter in my truck for just such an occasion, just in case. Except with the likelihood of having your car broken into or stolen from Denver International Airport, we never carry a firearm when we go to and from the airport. We just don't do it. I know people who have personally had firearms stolen out of their vehicles at the airport, two of them specifically, And I'm just not doing it. I mean, I am just not doing it. I am super, super, super angry, Mandy. Were they cruisers like Harley's or were they crowd rockets? One was a Harley, one was a crowd rocket and not even a small Crossraul like a pretty big They were both big size bikes and loud as hell.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Anyway, So that's why I am irrationally angry right now. And I realize I'm irrationally angry. I just told Chuck I was like, I don't know if I can talk about this and not drop an F bomb on the air.
Speaker 5: That's how angry I was.
Speaker 4: Anyway, sounds like to me, you did more than likely cut them off somehow, or at least in their eyes, you did.
Speaker 5: That took them off pretty bad, did geesh?
Speaker 4: I would love to know. I would love to know what they think we did. And I'm being so genuine. I even asked the cop did they tell us why they stopped in front of the road? Did they tell us why you did that? And he's like, oh, yeah, they didn't mention that. Oh okay, I guess I wouldn't either if I were trying to spin a version of events that sounded plausible to the police so they could just file their dumbass, stupid wrong report and walk away. So mad, so mad, Mandy, I swear I saw the same guys also after being out towards Parker coming back north on I twenty five, I was going eighty and they blazed past me going probably one hundred miles per hour about a week ago. Unfortunately, this is just common with motorcycles. I just I don't know.
Speaker 5: And yes, the dash.
Speaker 4: Cam incident, Yes, yes, indeed, but man, I anyway, let's do the blog grant. Let's move on. Let's move on. I am physically hot right now. You know they say, boy, you're really hot under the collar. I am hot under the collar and I don't even have a collar on. Eh. Super super mad about this sucking message by Parker P. Your daughter, who's learning how to correctly handle this situation.
Speaker 5: You know, that was one of the things that.
Speaker 4: I told Chuck. I was glad that Q was with us because she's just starting to drive, and she now saw like, Okay, when something happens, you drive to the police station, you call nine one one. This is what you do. And we did all the right things, and now I get this garbage police report. Super super super mad anyway, So that is, uh, that's why I'm mad. But I'm okay, wait, let's just all together now. Let's maybe you're having a bad day too. Let's just all together.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 4: We're going to ent through the nose, out through the mouth, in, through the nose, out through the mouth. Let me talk about something that I don't have on the blog because I just heard it on the way in. I want to talk about coach Prime. And then we'll do the blog. You guys, I am so glad that Dion Sanders came out to talk about his medical issues. When I decided to talk about my hysterectomy, which is nothing compared to all the stuff he's going through, I actually referenced him in that conversation of like, you know what, I think sometimes people are afraid to talk about what they're going through. But in my case, like I'm going to say a little prayer for Coach Prime that he has continued healing and that his issues continue to get better and that he doesn't always have to be uncomfortable with a new bladder. I mean, there's a lot of things to pray for, and I'll be praying for him, but I just want to say hats off to Coach Dion Prime for coming out and talking about his medical issues, because I'm telling you, it is going to inspire some guy who maybe has had some weird things going on that he can't really explain, but he's been writing him off to this or that to go ahead and get to the doctor and get tested and.
Speaker 5: Find out what's wrong with him.
Speaker 4: Because I think it's very important for people to understand that when your body has an issue. It's not a personal failing. Yeah, there are lifestyle diseases that you can, you know, work on and eat better and exercise to take care of. But it's not a personal failing. When your body fails in a certain way, It really really isn't. So yeah, we are going to have to figure this out anyway. I will tell you, Mandy, before you get crazy. Or I'd like to wish you good luck on Friday. Well, don't wish me good luck on Friday. Wish my surgeon's good luck on Friday. There you go, There you go, Mandy, Bell and Pollock.
Speaker 5: I don't know.
Speaker 4: I don't want to sue anybody. I just want the record to reflect what actually happened. I don't have any intention of trying to sue these people. I just wanted to be on the record as correctly. You know they always say history is written by the winners. Well, I guess this is they're the winners here. Okay, let's do the blog grant. Let's make that happen. Let's find the blog by going to Mandy's blot com. That's mandy'sblog dot com. Look for the headline that says seven twenty eight to twenty five blog imagine using road money for roads. Click on that and here are the headlines you will find within.
Speaker 7: I didn't be with someone whom office South America all.
Speaker 8: With ships and clipment of sea that's going to press.
Speaker 4: Plant today On the blog shouldn't road money go for roads? Support Rich Googaem's new book? Please? What exactly is in Denver's bond proposal? Remember when Denver jacked up the minimum wage? Scrolling Trump is winning at trade deals, Scrolling luxury brands love the new deal. Paulis doesn't care how high our energy costs go.
Speaker 5: You really need to watch this show.
Speaker 4: Amazing what immigration enforcement does to crime rates. Want a new stadium? Fix things first? Israeli say Israel is committing genocide. Scrolling the u OAP shoot Bucky's could be a huge boon for Palmer Lake doing some hiking in Colorado. Hey, lumineers fans, it's fair and rodeo time time will powerful people actually be indicted? Want to see Europe on foot? Patchy grass problem, visible signs of insulin resistance. The new spinal tap trailer is out, and America is great. Those are the headlines on the blog at mandy'sblog dot com. Now, I got a couple videos on the blog that you should see, including a very good trailer for Spinal Tap two. Grant, do you have any movies from your youth that you have an especially warm, fuzzy feeling for that when they come on, you will for sure watch them and you know every word and you've seen them a billion times.
Speaker 8: Anchorman for me at Spinal Tap, turn it up to eleven.
Speaker 4: I am going to turn these speakers up to eleven. And when I heard they were doing a second one, I am not going to lie when I say I had a great deal of trepidation, extreme amounts of trepidation.
Speaker 5: And the trailer.
Speaker 4: Seems to be very consistent with the vibe of the first one, So I'm kind of excited. I'm cautiously optimistic about it now, just cautiously optimistic. We shall see.
Speaker 5: We also have a.
Speaker 4: Couple of videos just just random things when a Rod's not working with me. I don't have as many as many videos on the blog, but I do have an excellent show that you should be watching on YouTube. I'm gonna let you go to the blog and find that out. Now, I've got a couple guests coming on today. One at two fifteen, Dustin Devonic is coming on to talk about two ballot initiatives. And this is so insane to me that we have to have a ballot initiative that would require our legislature to use transportation money on roads. I mean, you would think that dollar that are being taken out of us in the form of taxes and fees, you would think that those transportation related dollars would then go to fixing roads and fixing bridges, and God forbid, we fix some potholes, shall we please? Little just any anyone, anyone? And yet so much of that money is diverted by the current administration, by s DOT, by other agencies into different sorts of projects that nobody wants. And why don't they want them? They don't want them because of climate change. I have come to believe, and I believe this very firmly. I no longer feel like it's a speculation, because I can now give you so many pieces of evidence that show that this is not a bug. It is a feature. They are trying to make driving so miserable that you will beg to get out of your car onto form of inefficient and time consuming mass transit that no one is riding right now. So what they're doing is they're like, well, we built the dang trains. Have you seen, Grant. Have you seen the train that goes all the way down to RidgeGate. No, it has two cars on it. It looks like the little trolley in mister Rogers neighborhood that went to the land of make believe. No, there's no need. There's absolutely no need. Sometimes it's just one car. I mean you guys.
Speaker 5: So they're like, Okay, we built this damn train, Now.
Speaker 4: We got to get people on it.
Speaker 5: How can we get people.
Speaker 4: In It will make it so miserable to drive that they will beg to get on the train.
Speaker 5: Except it's not working.
Speaker 4: And we just want to be able to drive our cars from point A to point B in an efficient fashion. We don't have that. Now. When I get in my car in my house to drive to let's just say, to go to a baseball game, that's a great example. I can drive from my house to the baseball stadium, park my car and be walking to the field in forty five minutes. Do you how long it takes on the train an hour and twenty How is that going to be efficient and work for anyone. But instead of going, Okay, we may have failed here and we need to figure out a better way to do this, they're like, we know what we'll do. We'll just make them suffer until they take that train. I'm not buying it. Dustin's Devonik joins us at two fifteen to talk about ballot initiatives that would require transportation money to actually go for the transportation that we want, and I'm here for it. We'll do that, and when we get back, we're going to talk about Denver's bond proposal. So much of this stuff seems like stuff this should already be funded in a regular budget situation. I'll explain after this my blood pressure which I forgot to put my fitbit back on us, so I went to check my blood pressure was like, dang, it is back.
Speaker 5: To normal anyway, calming, We're calming.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 4: It's a very interesting thing happening in Denver right now, as the mayor is asking Denver Rights to sign on for another bond project. Now, asking voters for permission to take on a bond seems so innocuous, right, It's like, oh, it's a bond and it'll be paid back over years with tax seats and everything. And a lot of times it's made is like, hey, no, big whoop, you know, we got this. It's going to be great, except you're still putting the taxpayers on the hook. And if there's a severe downturn in the economy, that debt still has to be serviced before everything else happens. So taking on more debt is not something that we should do lightly. We just shouldn't. And I think you have to make a pretty compelling case if you're asking voters to take on more debt. Well, Mayor Mike Johnston is proposing a nine hundred and thirty five million dollar bond package, and the mayor, and I'm reading from the Denver Gazette, the mayor argues that it's necessary spending as Denver faces what he described as a turning point. He wants to use the money to fund roughly sixty projects, ranging from new facilities to parks improvements to housing. Now there's a huge list that you can go and you can inspect. It was put together by a group I think I'm pretty sure of volunteers and they were given a list of I don't even know how many projects that people wanted to have addressed by this bond, and then they had to narrow it down because some of these some of these things are really really expensive. Now, I'm going to make the argument first that the mayor has not demonstrated good fiscal responsibility. He has blown through so much money since he has gotten into office, supporting illegal immigrants, making sure that they were being shipped to Aurora properly, making sure that apartments were paid for, and making sure that everything was given free. He has blown through a ton of money buying hotels for homeless people where now children are falling out of windows and people are dying of overdoses on a regular basis. So I'm just going to say it, I don't think the mayor has demonstrated good fiscal responsibility. And if the City of Denver is facing a two hundred and fifty million dollar downturn so much so that they are laying off employees, now, don't get me wrong, government has bloated. There are definitely ways that you can cut the number of employees at the city to save money. But the reality is is that I don't trust him to spend the money the right way. I just don't. I don't trust this city council to make good fiscal decisions. And by the way, the city council not happy about this life, not one bit, not even a little bit. The list for the mayor's one billion dollar bond proposal as it stounds now, consists of fifty nine projects categorized into five distinct groups as envisioned by the city. Nearly half of the bond funding forty six percent, will go to transportation and mobility projects, including streets, bridges, and improvements to traffic and pedestrian safety. About twenty five percent of the funds will be allocated towards improvements at city facilities, including libraries, community centers, the animal shelter, and other locations. Additionally, capital maintenance support will be provided for popular places such as Red Rocks, the Botanic Gardens, Denver Zoo, Conservation Alliance, and the Denver Art Museum. You guys, why why do we not have a capital fund for each of these different places that is robust enough to meet their capital needs. I have a question for you. You go to a lot of concerts at Red Rocks.
Speaker 5: Can you answer this question for me?
Speaker 4: If you are a ticket buyer and Red Rocks said, Hi, Grant, we know you're going to buy a ticket here. We want to charge you an extra two dollars on your ticket, and we are going to take that money and we are going to use it solely to maintain and make sure that your experience at Red Rocks is absolutely phenomenal. Would you buy the ticket in a heart ns Denver botanic gardens? Would you buy the ticket? Of course you would buy the ticket. Like, why are we asking the taxpayers to sign off on this giant bond issue for capital maintenance projects?
Speaker 5: That doesn't even make any sense to me?
Speaker 4: Why are we asking voters for more money for roads and transportation? And by the way, the last few times that voters have been asked to do something to tax themselves, to raise a fee, to raise a tax so they could provide for better roadways, that money has been diverted. So why in the world will we believe that forty percent of this is going to go to these projects. I don't believe them. I don't now. Denver loves to vote it self at tax increase. They've done this over and over and over and over and over again. I don't live in Denver, so I don't number one, pay the taxes, and I number two don't have to worry about the bond payments to pay them back because I'm not a Denver resident. But at what point do.
Speaker 5: Denver residents have enough?
Speaker 4: I would say this seems like a pretty big swing at the same time that the government is telling us that they're so short funds that they have to lay people off to make up a two hundred and fifty million dollars shortfall. And you're gonna ask for a big old pile of money right now when people are still dealing with the inflation that is again twenty percent higher in Colorado than anywhere else. Don't forget that. I wonder if this is going to pass. It's not popular with the city council. The city council says that the needs that were identified are not consistent with the needs that they're you know, their people, their constituents have said, are the biggest priority. So what are we doing here? I do feel sorry for the group that was tasked with coming up with this list. Talk about the most thankless, just absolutely thankless job of trying to sort through this and figure out exactly who is going to benefit and who is not fifty nine projects doesn't seem like that many in all honesty, for almost a billion dollars in spending and loans.
Speaker 5: I'd love to hear what you Denver rights here.
Speaker 4: Now, I know that we're speaking to a more conservative audience, less likely to vote to raise their own taxes. Mandy, does the Denver mayor have financial ties to these companies that are building homes for the bums and the drug addicts? Nobody did have ties to the company that they bought one of the hotels from at a tidy profit.
Speaker 5: I mean, draw your own conclusions there, Mandy.
Speaker 4: Look up SCFD. It's a metro tech district that funds the Zoo, Denver Museum of Natural History, Art Museum, etc. The city is scamming us. Scamming is a strong word, but what I would say is, I think it's a valid question to say.
Speaker 5: Where are those dollars going? How are they being spent?
Speaker 2: Now?
Speaker 4: I can imagine that maintaining a facility like the Denver Natural History Museum or Red Rocks even, or any of these other sort of city gems that we have, there's probably a.
Speaker 5: Lot going on there.
Speaker 4: I can only imagine about Denver Botanic.
Speaker 5: Gardens you know, but.
Speaker 4: Why are we asking for more money for these things unless it is just to say, oh, this bond issue is so we can take care of red rocks. This bond issue is just so.
Speaker 5: We can take care of the Denver Botanic gardens.
Speaker 4: It's kind of like when they have to cut something, they always are like, we're gonna have to cut police and teachers. There's no other way, no other way. It's to create an emotional pull, so you're more tempted to vote for this.
Speaker 5: This texter said Mandy.
Speaker 4: Leftist voters are incredibly easy to manipulate, so yeah, they'll vote for it. And again, what I just said about we've got to save red rocks, We've got to save the potetic guidance. You're gonna see a lot of that. This texture is my spirit animal, Mandy. I live in Denver, and I'm not voting for the bond.
Speaker 5: Enough is enough? Amen to that? Amen to that.
Speaker 4: This text says exactly what I'm thinking and said earlier, like any business add in the costs of the market will bear for your own maintenance or improvements. Great idea. Perhaps someone should talk to the mayor about it. The subject line Shootings says Mandy any comments on the four people shot in Lo Doo Saturday night. I don't want to seem flippant, but if I had comments every time someone got shot in Denver, we wouldn't talk about anything else.
Speaker 5: It's sad but true.
Speaker 7: Great.
Speaker 4: Do you ever go to Loto anymore? I know you're older now and more mature.
Speaker 6: I went there, well, usually only for Rockies games, but I went there for a friend's birthday party a couple of weeks ago at some country bar.
Speaker 4: Was it Dirk spent Ley's.
Speaker 8: No, it was called Bells and Booth.
Speaker 4: That's used to be Dirk spent Ley's Whiskey Road. Now it's whatever. It'sn't that same big space on the corner right like right on is that on Blake?
Speaker 8: Yeah, it's like right beside the Summit Music Hall.
Speaker 4: Yeah it's a big it's a big bar. Yeah, I just changed names, same thing. But yes, I was downtown for that.
Speaker 5: And how was the vibe?
Speaker 4: The line? The last couple of times we've gone down to Grand Empty. Actually I'm not out after ten thirty, Like that's not a thing that happens.
Speaker 6: We were out to about midnight that night, and I was the latest i'd been out downtown in a long time.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well, I you know, A Rod calls it brodo and and that's why he doesn't go there. He's like, I don't want to be around the people that hang out there. But after a baseball game, it's kind of fun, especially if.
Speaker 5: You're going over to the district.
Speaker 4: You know where you're going. Yeah, that's super fun. So there is steff to do down there. But these shootings were at twentieth and Market, so they were right by the stadium and no one died. But I'm not sure what texture you were asking about, like, oh, more people got shot. Oh okay. I don't mean to seem flippant, but unless I'm the one getting shot, I don't know if there's anything else I can do about it, right, I mean, I was confused by that question. Did you want me to say it was a terrible thing. Of course, it's a terrible thing when people get shot. It's a terrible thing. We can all agree on that. But it's just so common now, that's the problem. It's just so you know, it's the same every single time. It's the same guys get out, they decide they're going.
Speaker 7: To be cool.
Speaker 4: There's a fight, something happens, somebody uh draws a gun because nobody knows how to fight anymore.
Speaker 5: Apparently. I remember the good old days, Grant, when.
Speaker 4: You could be at a party in college and all of a sudden fisticuffs broke out. The fight lasted approximately twenty seven seconds. Someone's shirt got ripped, and then the guys were like, Okay, man, we're cool, We're cool. I mean, that's how it used to believe.
Speaker 5: That exactly, that's what was when you were in college.
Speaker 4: Although I do know someone who was in a large party, like a big keg party in an apartment complex with hundreds of people. Fight breaks out, dude throws one punch and kills a guy ended up going to jail for two and a half years for manslaughter. It was it personally devastated him, not because he went to jail, but because he killed someone. He didn't really ever get over that. But with a gun, your chances of accidentally killing someone are far better than they are with just one punch. But I mean, the good news is, I guess is that we have a story on the blog today and I'll get into this in the next hour. We're going to talk to Rich Guggenheim here in just a few minuttes, my favorite favorite Homo Rich Guggenheim. I only call him that because this Twitter handle is fifty two eighty based homo.
Speaker 5: So I feel like it's okay.
Speaker 4: His new book that he's self published, you can buy it on Amazon is outstanding, and we're going to talk to him next but later on in the next hour, I do want to talk about the correlation. Now, correlation is not causation. I want to be clear about that. Where I know that you know that. But the correlation between immigration enforcement and a dramatic drop in crime, wherever it's tried.
Speaker 5: It's getting much harder.
Speaker 4: For the Democrats to argue that doing immigration enforcement is a bad idea as people immediately begin to see a positive change. Again, maybe it's not because of that, but it's happening at the exact same time. So it's gonna be an interesting thing to try and figure out how to argue against that. Did anybody else see the polling data about Democrats over the over the weekend? They're almost as unpopular as Congress right now, Holy macaroni, and I thought Republicans were unpopular. I should find those numbers we'll get into them tomorrow. But when we get back, we're gonna talk to Boche Gugenheim about his new book, Escaping.
Speaker 5: The Rainbow Plantation. We'll do that next.
Speaker 1: The Mandy Connell Show is sponsored by Belle and Pollock Accident and Injury Lawyers.
Speaker 2: No, it's Mandy connellon.
Speaker 3: FM god through Great Mandy Toronal keeping sad Babe.
Speaker 4: Welcome, Welcome, Welcome to the second hour of the show. I'm your host, Mandy Connell. That guy over there, he's Grant Smith in for a Rod who has been doing a great job at Broncos training camp. Now, if you're a regular listener to the show, you have definitely heard my next guest before. He's one of my most popular guests. I always get great feedback when Rich Gugenheim is on the show, and today I want to introduce him as such. Hey everyone, welcome published author Rich Gugenheim to the program.
Speaker 5: Hey, Rich, how you doing.
Speaker 7: Mandy, It's good to be wave you again.
Speaker 4: So have you gotten some like elbow patches for your blazer yet now that you're a published and maybe a pipe so you can sit and puff on your pipe with your jacket with your elbow patches.
Speaker 5: Now that you're a published author.
Speaker 7: I guess I just need to get one of those badges from the Scouts something I don't know.
Speaker 4: Well, let's talk about the book. It is a book that it came about because for the last what how many years now have you been doing this?
Speaker 7: About two years?
Speaker 4: Two years of fighting for rational biological fact.
Speaker 5: That's what you've been up to. Is that fair?
Speaker 7: I would say that speaking the truth? Yeah, for the truth.
Speaker 4: And you were on this program when you made a comment about gays escaping the rainbow plantation whether all they're picking glitter? And now that is the title of your book, Escaping the Rainbow Plantation. Tell my listeners about your book.
Speaker 7: Yeah, it started out with that media hit done by some people, some transactivists, and so he had it to steal their thunder and actually dedicated the book to the author of that article.
Speaker 4: That did that.
Speaker 7: And The Rainbow Plantation is a book almost three hundred pages. I can't believe I wrote that much. And it talks about how gender ideology has captured an hijacked the LGB movement. The LGB movement was the right for it was a fight for freedom and liberation and what we've seen today with the hijacking by the TQIA plus is undermining what I call the family, the bedrock and the foundation of society. And I have made that statement before that this ideology, this gender ideology, isn't about anything other than ending civilization. And people think that's a little bit far petched. So I decided to take that and end this book. I talk about how gender ideology undermines the foundation of society, the family, but also how it attacks the five pillars of society, and those five pillars of society are science, academia, media, medicine, and government. Now and then I talked to one chapters the pecifically because a lot of people want to paint this as a far right agenda or a far eye talking point, and it's not. I talk about the Mahmoud case that was brought by Muslims, and how I talk about a majority of the people that are fighting against it happened to be liberal ideologists, people that identified as lifelong Democrats. And I also talk about how a lot of the people that are fighting against this the polling and I bring in the polling number. In one chapter, I talk directly to the Democrats and I say when a majority of you oppose this, but you have a fringe minority that is well funded speaking on your behalf, you have an obligation to speak up and make your voice heart and don't let them silence you. This is about speaking truth and it is about liberty, because these are not libertarious forces at play here.
Speaker 4: Well, you know, one of the most interesting things that you specifically address the Democrats, because I just saw this the other day from the Wall Street Journal. The Democrats' approval numbers right now are about thirty three percent. Thirty three percent. Donald Trump is more popular than the Democratic Party right now, according to the latest polling data. And to your point that you just made, I think that until they sort of stop allowing these fringed organizations to attach themselves on like little barnacles, and then they just give them the microphone to show. In my view, I think that Democrats are very wetted to this notion of demonstrating how how thoughtful and how open and how you know, they don't judge and they don't do anything unless you're a conservative wunch case. They do all of those things, but they're so wedded to the virtue signaling on these issues that they have allowed themselves to be taken over by those virtue signalers, and I think that's going to be a huge problem that they've got to sort out. So I think it's interesting that you're directing this directly to them.
Speaker 5: Have you gotten any we oh.
Speaker 4: Go ahead.
Speaker 7: We have to speak truth, right, and part of that is speaking. I believe he's gone as far as we can with a Republican on moving the needle on this issue. And one of the things I will say, you brought that up. The Democrats love to talk about love, larance, acceptance, conclusion, but anybody, and it's not just conservatives, anybody who does not align with their ideology and their agenda is branded and attacked. And they do that because they want to bully them into silence. And that's what all of this is about.
Speaker 4: This gas lighting is a.
Speaker 7: Form of emotional manipulation, and emotional manipulation is bullying. And it's time that we just speak truth to this and it's time to call it out. And I share a story in this book about Fred Sergeant and Fred Sargeant was one of the organizers of the Christopher Street Liberation Day in that march that grew out of Stonewall and I talk about how he went to a Pride event in New Hampshire and was carrying a sign that said woman faith blackface with slashes through them and he was assaulted by Transwright's activists. But to add insult to injury, then the lgb mainstream media decided to publish stories about it and call him law Literally, one of the founders of gay rights movement was assaulted and then belittled and attacked and told he was wrong by the LGBTQ establishment.
Speaker 4: That's so I mean, I don't get me right, I'm going to say that's so funny.
Speaker 5: It's not funny, haha.
Speaker 4: But it's like, here's one of It's kind of like the way that people attack Washington for, you know, his foibles, and it undermines the fact that he's the father of the country, right. I mean, that's it's very similar to that that once you and let's be real, the ideology that that man that you're speaking of holds did not change, but the ideology shifted dramatically to the left, and he was left behind.
Speaker 5: I mean, isn't that kind of what happened?
Speaker 7: Well, it's eating it's a snake eating its tail. And this really goes back to the other thing that I talk about with one. I talked about media and big tech. Big tech and media are all playing into this, and they're suppressing certain narratives and advancing others, and so they love to advance this gender ideology, and then anybody who's gender critical or doesn't advance their ideology, they're silenced, their deplatforms, they're demonetized. And that's something that I'm actually experiencing right now with a very book on x which is supposedly, according to Elon Musk, the free speech platform.
Speaker 4: Yep.
Speaker 7: But my posts are constantly getting I have over three thousand followers and my posts about this book are reaching ten.
Speaker 4: Well, I want to see what happened to my post about it because I did a post today. Oh no, my post about it has gotten seven hundred and eighty seven posts.
Speaker 5: Wait, hang on one second.
Speaker 4: I've got a few because what I did was I did a post and about the book, and then in the comments, I put a link to the book. That seems to be the only way to get around that kind of schoolduggery. Buy social media platforms, and it works better than you would think. So I did a post with a link in the comments to where people can buy your book. And I bought it today, Rich because not only do I like you and I can't wait to read it because I guarantee it's funny, but I also want to support the voices who are the ones saying the truth that they need to be supported. And I think it would be absolutely amazing if your book's shot up to the number one book in LGBTQ books today.
Speaker 5: Right, I mean, like force people to pay.
Speaker 4: Attention to Yeah, I mean, but force.
Speaker 5: People to pay attention.
Speaker 7: What's crazy about this too, is when you look at the different platforms and you look at the voices that are being silenced, and then you look at the big money behind it. And I talk about this also, the money like the Pritzkers, and I talk about the money. This is what I term and I coin the gender industrial complex. And I think that this is what is so hard about going up against this complex, the money and the power that's behind it, and a lot of people feel intimidated by it. And that's why I really say in this book, we have to speak truth because of what is at stake. It's our families, it's our children, it's their futures. It's their innocence, it's their freedom to grow up and live happy, healthy, productive lives.
Speaker 4: Well, one of the things Rich that I think is interesting about the way we started this conversation is that you believe they're going after the foundation of society. And one of the reasons that I wanted and I've always supported gay marriage, is because so many of my gay friends just wanted to be able to have their families, whether that was just them and their spouse, or it was them and children, maybe they brought in children from a prior relationship, but they just wanted to be able to have a family unit. So I do think it's interesting that you think this is a bigger attack on the family only foundations, when for a long time people on the right accused gay people of attacking those family foundations. And I would always make the argument, no, they just want to be able to have a family like we do. So can you expand on that just a little bit.
Speaker 7: Sure, When we were at the Capital for the hearing on thirteen twelve, there are several of us who were gay parents. We had two dads, they had two moms, and there are several of us there who are signed up to speak and testify against that bill because even as gay parents at same sex parents, we have children and we have families, and we don't want to see our children growing up, going to school and having them taught things are exposed to things that we don't agree or consent to. That's one of the biggest things is they're robbing us and they're stealing away and consent. We don't want our children being indoctrinated and groomed to go down this pathway of medicalization that leads to irreversible harm without our knowledge to consent his parents. So that's a big piece of it. And I think when we saw something that again I addressed in the book, not just speaking to democrats, but it's dividing the democrats, and it's forming new partnerships that ten years ago no one would have ever seen. And I remember on thirteen twelve, I was standing outside the Supreme Court chamber and the President of the Senate walked by and there were two gay people with one couple with their children, myself and two people from Focus on the Family. And I stopped him and I said, I want you to look at this moment right here in history. You have gay people who are sitting and aligning with focus on the family on an issue. I said, I don't think there was ever a moment in my life up until now where I thought that would be happened, that would be reality.
Speaker 4: Exactly what did? He says?
Speaker 7: He's just like, well, I disagree with your stamp on it. And I said, that's that's perfectly fine. That's your choice. I said that, you know, the reality is the things that I'm hearing from the Democrats while I'm in the Capitol today are the exact same theme that I heard from the Republicans when I was fighting for civil unions and same sex marriage twenty years ago.
Speaker 5: Golly, that's amazing.
Speaker 4: That's amazing. The book by Rich Guggenheim is called Escaping the Rainbow Plantation, And Rich, you know, who do you really want to read this book?
Speaker 9: Like?
Speaker 4: Who is the Who? If you could place it into the hands of certain people and basically force them clockwork orange style with toothpicks in their eyes to read this book. Who would you love to see pick up this book and read it just to find out if maybe they would have a better understanding of your position. Oh?
Speaker 7: Man, I would love for the people like the people at One Colorado and the people at the Southern Poverty Law Center and the people at a Human Rights Campaign to read this because they are not speaking for us. And I actually there's a lie in this book. For those of you who want to go on an Easter egg hunt, I call out the Human Rights Campaign. I said, an organization that on stood for freedom and liberty is now represents the brand for slave on the Rainbow Plantation.
Speaker 5: I don't know if the right people are going to read it.
Speaker 4: That would be.
Speaker 7: Sad because I know the audience is going to be there, right. The audience is going to be more of the conservative people that are opposed to gender ideology. And that's fine because I also want them There's so many people that agree, but they're afraid to speak out. I want them to know that they're not alone, and I want them to find the truth, and I want them to find the resources to be able to articulate their feelings and their thoughts in a way so that they can't have those conversations right.
Speaker 4: And I would love that as well, because I think what it comes down to for you know what, I'm tired of rich and this is really infuriating for me, I actually know, I take that back. It's not infuriating because I've just had so many accusations like this hurled at me over it doesn't bother me anymore.
Speaker 5: It kind of rolls off my back. But it's just stupid. Is that I'm.
Speaker 4: Told that I am trans phobic, I am homophobic if I don't support the medicalization of children, and in my mind, not supporting the medicalization of children that studies have shown most of them are just going to be gay. I feel like I'm a better advocate for the gay community than people who are rushing to get hormones and puberty blockers for little children.
Speaker 7: Yeah, and I talk about that also, and I think one of the things that I would say along those lines is when we start having those conversations, I think the time is going to come down the road where a lot of the transitioners and the people who have been harmed by the gender industrial complets are going to start speaking out. And when they speak out, the LGBTQ plus community is going to excommunicate them and treat them like they are apost states, and they're going to find themselves without a community and without friends and without a support network. And it is up to us as a society to welcome them back and show them compassionate love, because they're going to have not only the physical trauma, but they're going to have the emotional trauma as well.
Speaker 4: Exactly exactly, Rich hug and I am the book. I cannot wait to get it. I ordered it. It will be here July thirty first, not just because I'm interested in the topic, because I really want this book to be successful and perhaps force some people who are not even where these conversations are taking place to finally take notice, and hopefully the book will be a massive success. I put a link on the blog today so people can just go to the.
Speaker 5: Blog and go over to Amazon and buy the.
Speaker 4: Book, just to support Rich what he's doing get the message out. I would love it if you guys would do it. If you're a reader, you can even get it on your kindle for free. How does that work for an author?
Speaker 7: For you, Rich, Well, I don't get anything for the kindle for free. So I decided to do that just to kind of help get it out there. I want people to have this knowledge. I want people to have this truth, and that's why I decided to do it. For free as a kindle, So if you have that, please download it. And if you love it and you like what it has to say, I invite you to share the link with other people, or even buy the book and share it with a book and just don't be afraid. Once you read this book and you understand the points and it's well cited. Every single chapter has citations, so it's all backed by fact. It's not just hyperbole and me meeking stuff up. Share that information with people. That's what I want.
Speaker 5: That's all you can ask for.
Speaker 7: Rich.
Speaker 4: It's good to talk to you again, my friend, and I hope that lots of people buy.
Speaker 5: The book today. Thank you all right, people, talk to you later.
Speaker 6: Man.
Speaker 5: That's Rich Guggenheim.
Speaker 4: His book Escaping the Rainbow Plantation is out now on Amazon, and as I said, I ordered my copy today. I really would like people to get the information out there because I think it's incredibly important. Now, somebody just asked a question, Mandy, should we talk about the Walmart stabbing where the three Marines and the gentleman with a concealed carry disarmed the bad guy and held him for police. I almost put that on the blog today, but Honestly, that's like a far away story.
Speaker 5: It didn't happen here.
Speaker 4: But if you did not hear about this story, guy comes into Walmart in Traverse City, Michigan with a knife and just start stabbing people and obviously we need to ban more guns in Michigan because he's just stabbing people. And a bunch of citizens basically were like, no, this isn't a thing that's going to happen, and they stood up to the guy, and this African American.
Speaker 5: Guy basically pulled his legally owned.
Speaker 4: Firearm and drew down on the guy and said, you're gonna do what we're gonna say, and he did so they caught the guy and oh, I don't see your post about rich Coubenham's book on Facebook that was on Twitter that I did that.
Speaker 5: By the way, sorry about that.
Speaker 4: But they stopped the guy and now he's under arrest and he's gonna face charges. And that is my preference when it comes to these situations. It's always disappointing to me when a mass murderer is killed, not because they don't deserve to die, it's not it at all, But then we lose any opportunity to drill down and find out what actually happened and what made them get to a point where they thought stabbing a bunch of people in a Walmart was going to make their life a better place to be. I just don't I'm disappointed, even though I mean for the taxpayers, it's always nice. I know you guys didn't hear about this story, and I was going to wait until the funeral of one of the officers to talk about it. But in Lorain, Ohio, last week, two police officers were sitting in their individual cars. They had pulled down to the end of a road, kind of a dead end area, and one was sitting in his car and the other one was sitting in his car, and they were having lunch.
Speaker 5: They were kind of hanging out.
Speaker 4: They were each in their individual automobiles and they were just having lunch. They were on their lunch break and they were sitting in their cars and they were having lunch, and they were ambushed by a man who just shot them, and another police officer responded to the scene he was also shot. One of the officer's names was Phil Wagner, and Phil was a cousin of my husband's and he has since passed away. And they don't know the motive, because Phil did manage to get a shot off and killed his attacker. But a lot of speculation because this was a clear ambush. They do not believe that it was anything other than an ambush, and that this guy seemed to know that this was a regular space for these cops to stop and have lunch and everything. But you know what, Phil Wagner is the cops name who has passed away. He served in the military. First, he did multiple tours of duty and combat zones, and he wasn't done serving the people and serving the community. He came home and signed up to be a police officer. He was a dad, he was a husband, he was a son though his father just passed away fairly recently. And he was a good person. And the fact that two cops get ambushed in Lorain, Ohio, it didn't even make the national news. Think about that for a second. That's where we are, and it's just really really sad. Let's do some of that interesting stuff, shall we so? Number when Denver was gonna was telling us how they were gonna jack up their minimum wage, and people like me and other people who understand basic economics had the nerve to say things like you all are gonna kill the restaurant industry in Denver, and we were delle We were just ridiculous. And I had people literally say to me, look, if they can't afford it, they can just raise their prices. Guess what when you raise your prices too high, people stop going to your restaurant. A couple of things have happened right now. Number One, people's habits have changed. The younger generation. Can we just have a minute on gen Z for just a moment?
Speaker 5: Okay?
Speaker 4: As a millennial grant, this is where you get to be smug, right, Okay, so put your smug face on the grants in for a rod today.
Speaker 5: Gen Z does not know how to have a good time.
Speaker 4: No, they certainly they have no. And don't get me wrong, I don't think you need to go out and get wasted to have a good time. But because they don't go out at all, bars and bars are going to close up. They simply don't have enough of a customer base. Because, let's be real, guys, bars are kept open by young people. They're not kept open by the four old guys who show up at four o'clock every afternoon to have their dollar fifty beers for four hours and then go home. Those guys are not keeping the bar open. It's the young people who come in on Thursday, Friday, Saturday night or whatever night's good there, and young people are simply not going out. Also, what's happening right now is that people are being a little tighter with their money because we're still dealing with much higher prices than we were just a few years ago, right, I mean, everything is still elevated in terms of how much it costs after the inflation Biden years. So people have pulled back on their discretionary spending, and a lot of times restaurants is one of the first things that gets cut. Grant, are you and Olivia? Have you cut back at all on your restaurants spending? A ton? We have two and granted we went, Oh, we had the best experience at the Fort on Friday night. I got to tell this story really quickly. So we don't go out to dinner very often anymore. We used to go out quite a bit. But it was my birthday, so we went out to the Fort and Holly, the owner of the Fort, who I am not kidding you, is like one of the nicest people you will ever meet in your entire life. I send her a little note and said, hey, we're going to be there Friday night. Are we going to see you? Because I genuinely just wanted to see her and say hi. But she wasn't there. She's set up their Tomahawk's Champagne service. Have you ever seen the saber service where they take the saber and they open there. They do it with a tamahawk at the fort. Of course they do the coolest thing. So we got the tamahawk with the bubbley and whatever. But we've scaled back our dinner spending a lot. Now we still go out to breakfast on the weekends. I love a good breakfast and we are so blessed with so many great breakfast places in the Denver metro area. Now, some would say, how do you screw up breakfast? Trust me, I've been to restaurants the screw up breakfast. It's it's not that hard to screw up breakfast. But as far as our overall restaurant spending, it is dramatically reduced. But here we have more restaurants in Denver that are closing and they are naming the thing that is one of the reasons that they're closing. Cap City Tavern closed yesterday permanently after eighteen years of service, and what a great spot it was.
Speaker 9: Man.
Speaker 4: The restaurants owners cited the rise in minimum wage, the cost of food, and Denver taxes and fees as the reasons for its closure. Let's see how many of those things to the City of Denver control. Two out of three are in the control of the Denver City Council. Minimum wage and Denver taxes and fees. Those are problems created by government that are now shutting down businesses. I did a quick search to find other places that had recently closed. Westward actually has a list of restaurants closing so far. They said, these are the ten biggest eateries that have closed this year. They start with AJ's, Pitt Barbecue, Blue Moon Brewing, Denver Stockyard, Saloon, El Noah Noah, Fruition, Mercury Cafe, Middleman and Misfit Snack Bar, Noiset, Sushirama, Zomma, and more.
Speaker 5: That's just ten of the many who have closed.
Speaker 4: Have been to four or five of those places you had been, had been now you did visit when they were alive. And around.
Speaker 8: They were all very well run establishments.
Speaker 4: With you cannot fight against an insane minimum wage because restaurants by design are a labor intensive business. Oh.
Speaker 5: When we were in Japan, they.
Speaker 4: Have restaurants where you put your order in and then a little robot brings you your food, like a little wheelly robot like just brings you over your but you have to take it off the tray. And I'm like, I'm not tipping you for that, mister. If you're not even gonna put my food on the track, I'm not tipping you. What's that robot spending the tip? My exactly? Exactly oil for everyone. But we're going to see more and more, and I hope restaurant owners are honest about the reasons that they are closing, and so far they have been. I looked at a bunch of stories about restaurants and bars that have closed. The bars say the same thing, it's just a changing business environment. If they're on Colfax, the Colefax construction project is killed so many places already. And if you do you.
Speaker 5: Ever drive down there where that constructs, Oh my god, griam.
Speaker 4: Oh, I haven't been that way in a while. I have to drive there. When I go to the Independence Institute to fill in the side hustle, and every time i'm there, I'm like, oh my god, how are any of these businesses still open? Well, you got Mary Johnston guest bart.
Speaker 8: That's how they drive the people in.
Speaker 4: For the record, I love guest bartending gigs. They're super fun. I loved being a bartender a long time ago. I enjoy them. I've done them for charity multiple times, but not once as a restaurant ever.
Speaker 5: Said Mandy, we're struggling.
Speaker 4: We think bringing you in as a guest bartender is all that's gonna take.
Speaker 5: You got two hours on a Tuesday.
Speaker 4: We feel like that's going to be the game changer. Doesn't really happen that way. But I live in Douglas County. The whole reason I brought this story up. I live in Douglas County where we have not raised the minimum wage, and we're Frankly. I'm just gonna say it, aside from a handful, nah, maybe a little more than it, maybe two handfuls of really amazing restaurants either in Castle Rock, Castle Pines, Parker, a little couple here and there, like in frank Town and Elizabeth, you got the you know, smaller towns out there. We have way too many chain restaurants and not enough locally owned restaurants. I try to support locally owned restaurants whenever I can, and I would love to invite restaurant tours who have given it a shot in Denver only to be frustrated by the nightmare that is Denver's business environment. Come on down to Doug Co, give us a try, set up a place in a storefront in a strip mall, and let us bring you into our loving arms. We have a couple really, really good restaurants in Douglas County now, and I don't want to say which ones they are because I can still get a table, But if at some point they are struggling, I will let you guys know my favorite breakfast place. I typed out a review for my favorite breakfast place and then erased it because I.
Speaker 5: Was like, oh god, I can still get a table here in the morning.
Speaker 4: Was that the we went to with father Mike? Uh No?
Speaker 5: That Stug's Diner another favorite of horsp No.
Speaker 4: It's okay. I'm just gonna say, you guys, because the food in this place that I am about to tell you. Now, I love breakfast food and Chuck loves breakfast food, but we like different kinds of breakfast food. He likes pancakes, stuff like that. I like a really good omelet. I want like a shrimp and gritz option. I want, you know, I want something a little heartier for breakfast. There's a place over myself. It's actually across four seventy from Southlands, in the same plaza. I think it's a safe way, and it's called Three Little Griddles. Oh on Smoky Hill, Off Smoky Hill. Oh my god. Everything in that place is to die for. And I think I've tried everything in that place now at this point, but I'm never mentioning it again. Sushi Restaurant in Omaha is a robot server that's very forward of Omaha. You don't necessarily think of Nebraska as being like a leader in these types of things. I've heard it's an underrated town. Maybe you know how far is Omaha driving from here? Is that like a weekend road trip doable type thing? I don't know.
Speaker 8: I'd have to look. I want to say, it's not.
Speaker 5: How far it is Omaha from Denver driving.
Speaker 4: Let's just give it to the Wow, that's a long weekend. Maybe, but that's a long time in a car for just a weekend weekend, especially for Omaha. Seriously, because you got to drive will you drive right by Grand Island though you drive through Lincoln North Platte.
Speaker 5: Nebraska is not as bad as Kansas.
Speaker 4: I mean, if we're honest and don't I don't have anything against the wonderful people of Kansas, because every time I go to Kansas and I have an interaction with a human, it is delightful. But God, there's not all humans in Kansas, long stretches of nothing but cowstink, you know what I mean, God forbid you roll down the window and you're like, oh, there's a feed lot somewhere. It's Kansas.
Speaker 5: They're everywhere.
Speaker 4: But Nebraska actually has they have some scenery here and there. It's not flat corn wait and cows. I mean, don't get me wrong, there's a lot of all of that Nebraska. I went to a wedding in Indiana, Fort Wayne, Indiana. You ever been to Fort Wayne, Indiana? Grant I have? Okay, so I fly into Fort Wayne, Indiana, I rent a car. This is exactly what the lady at the car rental place told me to get to where I was going. She said, Okay, you're gonna go out there and get on this highway right out here, and you just you start to drive, and you drive for a while, and then right when you think, my god, that's a lot of corn, then you turn right.
Speaker 5: I kid you not, and Grant she was exactly right.
Speaker 3: Mom.
Speaker 4: I was like, good lord, this is a lot of corn. There's my right turn. She knew what she was doing there in Fort Wayne, Indiana. I know, don't you don't you from folks in Kansas? Lol, Mandy, I'm listening to you south of Salina, Kansas. I sure do love Kansas, though people who love I'm not saying there's not good parts of Kansas. I'm just saying that drive through Kansas, Lord, have mercy. It feels like you're going backwards in time the whole time you're driving there. This texture, said many Mandy, probably not typical Kansas, but Olesa, Kansas is a delightful, upscale, friendly and modern. There are beautiful places in Kansas. My kids lived in Manhattan and it was a delight to visit. I don't want Kansas to think I'm disparaging the whole state.
Speaker 5: I'm just saying, driving.
Speaker 4: Through it, yikes, yikes. And somebody texted about Dougs Diner. Let me just say one more thing about doug Diner. We know the owners of Dougs Diner, and years ago when it was owned by somebody else, Chuck asked for extra blueberries and his pancakes and they brought and said, he always says, I'll pay I'll pay extra, you know, I just want a ton of blueberries in my pancakes. And they brought them a pancake with eight blueberries in it, and he was like, I'm never coming here again. Then we met the people who had just bought the Doug's Diner chain, because Doug Segner is a regional chain only in the front range, and he said, oh, I got to tell you a story about doug Seiner, and they kind of laughed. And now when you go to a Doug signer anywhere and you want to order pancakes with blueberries or chocolate chips in them, there's a little thing that says you can chuck it up for eight you know, this amount of money that is named after my Chuck, and it's one of his proudest points. That he's ever had. And the best part about the story is his older brother's in town. We take him to Doug Signer because when people are in town, we take him to Doug Signer because Chuck wants to show everybody that he's got something named after him on the menu. And his brother looks at it and Chuck's like, yeah, that's named after me, and his brother was like, oh my god, I've always wanted to have something named after me on a menu. So now it's a bone of contention that Chuck has something, you know, named after him on a menu. Anyway, I mean, it is just wow wow. Anyway, We've got a bunch of other stuff on the blog. When we get back at two fifteen, where going to talk to Dustin's Devonic about two different ballot initiatives that have been sent to the title Board. And they're ballot initiatives that would require the Colorado legislature to spend transportation dollars on transportation. I know, I know, crazy, right crazy. So we're going to talk to him at two fifteen. But when we get back, I want to talk about some of the trade deals that Trump has struck. Over the weekend he announced with the head of the EU Ursula von something something a trade deal that when I I was on the internet and I saw a headline and the headline was so crazy that I was like, well, that can't be right, and then I read the details of the trade deal. Now I'm not a master negotiator, but the EU got screwed in this trade deal. If it is as it appears to be, and I don't know why in the world they would agree to it, because it's that much better than what we had done prior. Now, we were supposed to have two hundred trade deals by August first. We've had like six, but they're with major trading partners. So I'm more worried about major trading partners than I am not major trading partners. And the one trading partner that we seem to be having a tough time with right now is Canada because we have a lot of over the borders type stuff going back and forth with Mexico and Canada and Canada. We still haven't gotten that deal done. But I asked Rock about trade deals specifically that had been that had been announced. You, guys, I gotta tell you, I am now at the point where I am relatively confident that GROC is going to give me decent information, especially when I ask it to link to its sources, which it does automatically.
Speaker 5: But I'm like, what source did you get this from?
Speaker 4: Where'd you get this? GROC? And I asked ROC is said, hey, let's talk about the trade deals that have been announced. We'll get into some of those, but what's happening right now? And it's this is very, very, very significant. And I don't love tariffs. I think they're stupid. I don't you know, but a couple of things are happening under these Trump trade deals. Number One, no one is going to get truly free trade with United States of America. Everyone is going to have to pay some kind of tariff to do business here and get access to our markets. That is a fundamental shift in some of these trade operations.
Speaker 5: That is significant.
Speaker 4: And number two, more and more economists are starting to say things like, wait a minute, Trump is fundamentally changing the way trade is going to be done.
Speaker 5: And it's not necessarily.
Speaker 4: A bad thing. The way it's happening, it kind of looks like winning to me. We'll get into it next.
Speaker 1: The Mandy Connell Show is sponsored by Belle and Pollock accident and injury lawyers.
Speaker 2: No, it's Mandy Connell and Don.
Speaker 3: M got Way. The Nicety's through Grendyronald Keith, Sad Babe.
Speaker 4: Welcome, wecome, Welcome to the third hour of the show.
Speaker 5: I'm your host for the next hour.
Speaker 4: Mandy Connell joined by Grant Smith, who's in for a Rod who is out covering a very hot training camp today for the Denver Broncos. Just look at it like this, Grant. In Miami, it's like this all the time. That's why I can't. I just I refuse to go to Dolphins game until November.
Speaker 8: I'm going to Charleston, South Carolina later this week.
Speaker 5: And what comes there?
Speaker 4: Like he's going to breeze though in Charleston. Charleston actually has kind of a pleasant climate. Have you ever been there before?
Speaker 10: I have?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I love it there. It's so pretty.
Speaker 6: My brother lives in Sumter now, so okay at a friend's condo.
Speaker 4: Very nice.
Speaker 8: That is that Folly Beach So I'm excited.
Speaker 4: Oh my gosh, that Folly Beach is. Where are people from Athens, Ohio? Goes people from Louisville, Kentucky on spring break? Go to Deston. So when you are in Deston, Florida during the springtime, you can't swing a dead cat without hitting somebody from Louisville, Kentucky. Folly Beach, North Carolina. Everybody from Athens goes to Folly Beach. I've never heard of it in my whole life until I married someone from Athens, Ohio. Then they're like, Flly Beach, Folly Beach. I'm like, Okay, I will accept that. It's amazing. It's like Myrtle.
Speaker 8: Beach, but a little classier and a little scholar.
Speaker 7: Yeah. Well, you know.
Speaker 5: I mean, if you've been to Daytona, You've been to Myrtle Beach.
Speaker 6: I've been to both so many times and enjoyed the trashy.
Speaker 4: News of it. They kind of love making fun of Daytona Beach. I kind of do, I really do, because it is Uh, it is trashy, Grant, that's a great word for it. Trashy people, Uh, trashy everything.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 4: Bike Week is accepted there because it doesn't change the culture at all. It just is the same, only with more people. And I love Daytona Beach for a short periods of time. Anyway, I want to talk about a couple of things before we get in with Dustin Devonic here in just a few minutes to talk about some proposed ballot initiatives about transportation. And I want to talk about some of these trade deals that Trump has struck. The latest with the European Union that is so one sided. I can't even believe that this deal was made. If I'm honest, and I'm not some kind of master negotiator, I mean, stop it, but just listen to this from the New York Times. President Trump said that the European Union had agreed to purchase seven hundred and fifty billion dollars of American energy, which Ursula von der Leyen, the president of the EU's Executive Branch, told reporters would be spread out over three years. The twenty seven nation block also read to increase its investment in the United States by more than six hundred billion above current levels, adding that the European Union would buy military equipment. A senior US official said that those investments would include pharmaceuticals and the automotive industry, among others. The two sides also agreed to drop tariffs to zero on a range of goods, including aircraft plane parts, certain chemicals, certain generic drugs, semiconductor equipment, and some agricultural products.
Speaker 7: Ms.
Speaker 4: Vonder Lehan said, So I asked Rock, because you know, Grock's my new best friend. I asked Rock for key details about the various trade deals. And here's what he came up with. By the way, Grant, do you think that Grock is male or female? And do you think Cha Gibt is male or female? You know what's weird.
Speaker 6: I've never never really thought about it until right now when you asked me.
Speaker 4: But for some reason, I think may for both.
Speaker 5: I think mail too.
Speaker 4: For some reason, AI feels mail because you know, it's very willing to tell you things that may or may not be true. No, I'm kidding, guys, I'm kidding. At there you go exactly. We should call it che explaining or gro explaining, you know. Okay, So we've got the US UK Economic Deal that was announced in May. This addresses section two thirty two tariffs on steel and aluminum, allowing for adjustments or quotas. Starting July ninth of twenty twenty five, UK origin products under the WTO Agreement on Trade in Civil Aircraft are exempt from tariffs and it builds on prior suspensions and aims to boost bilateral trade while protecting US industries. And then we have the US China Preliminary Trade Frame Framework. China eased restrictions on rare earth exports to the US, suspended a plan thirty four percent terrifike for ninety days. They did retain a ten percent rate in exchange. The US poses and reciprocal tariffs. No full tariff elimination, but it de escalates tensions from the ongoing trade war. It is a truce extension that open source for further talks. Then there's the US Indonesia Framework, reduces Indonesia's reciprocal tariff right from nineteen percent from an original thirty two percent, focuses on balanced trade.
Speaker 5: And goods like electronics and commodities.
Speaker 4: And then we have the US Japan's Strategic Trade announcement fifteen percent tariffs on most Japanese exports to the US that was down from a threat in twenty five that covers autos, electronics, and other goods. They also commit five hundred and fifty billion in US investments over Trump's term, plus increased purchases of US energy and defense equipment. Zero tariffs on select items like aircraft and chemicals. So these are some of our biggest trading partners, and it is definitely interesting to see how Trump is trying to leverage access to American markets to get allies to do things that he wants them to do. One area where the tariffs are not going to be dropped or on steel and aluminum. And I think there's a very valid reason why Trump is trying to encourage steel an aluminum production here in the United States of America because without steeling the aluminum production here in the United States, in a battle situation, in a wartime footing, we would be getting all of our steel from somewhere else. You can't build ships, you can't build planes, you can't build the things you need for war without aluminum and steel. So he's really trying to reshore those things. The problem is with both of those is that aluminum, especially is a very, very energy intensive industry. Making aluminum takes a lot of energy, not not as not as much as like.
Speaker 5: AI, but it takes a lot of energy.
Speaker 4: And more and more states are doing dumbass things like the things we've done in Colorado that are going to make energy more expensive and by the way. I have an article today by Sherry Pie at Complete Colorado. In a recent meeting of the Clean Energy Office, plans were discussed on how to shove us further down the renewable grid plan that is being pushed and promoted by Jared Pols. And the reality is is that Jared Pols has already said I know it's going to make things more expensive.
Speaker 5: He just doesn't care.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna take a quick time out Dustin Devonic when we get back Dustin Devona. He is with the seventy six group and we are hopefully, I say hopefully, we'll find out after the title Board takes a bite at the apple. Hopefully the people of Colorado will be able to speak in this next election cycle and tell our our overlords under the Gold Dome that we actually want transportation dollars that were collected under the premise of being for transportation to.
Speaker 5: Actually be used for our roads.
Speaker 4: For potholes, for bridges, and not for more crappy, stupid multi modal crap that nobody wants. And joining me now to talk about it is these two measures have just been sent to the title Board. But Dustin, let's talk about what's in the meat of these and why do we need.
Speaker 9: To Yeah, so thanks for having me on. You know, these two measures are exactly as you described them. They are an effort to say, hey, listen, the taxpayers of Colorado. We pay sales and use tax every time we purchase a car, every time we buy new tires or parts for our car. We pay fees on deliveries, we pay fees on uber all of which are supposed to go to roads and bridges. That's always what it's promised to be. But of course that is never the case. And so what these measures seek to do. And there are two of them, and I'll tell you the only difference between the two. One has a sunset of ten years and one doesn't. Otherwise, the the exact same, And at the heart of it, it is a measure that it's not a novel concept to the state of Colorado, but it is telling our legislators, current and future and governor that we want to see two thirds of all of this revenue that's generated by sales and use tax of automobile or cars and car related parts, as well as delivery fees to actually go to roads. People across our state, especially in rural communities, but frankly, all throughout the front range are sick and tired of our poor roads, our poor transportation system, and want to see it improved, and not as you mentioned, just going to more bike path beautification or.
Speaker 4: You know, mass.
Speaker 9: Transit that frankly, we could subsidize sneakers and it'd be a better investment than then putting more into mass trands. That we want money to go to roads. And that's what these measures would do, is it would put in our constitution a requirement that these funds actually go to roads.
Speaker 4: So if both of these make it through the title board, are both of them going to be run? And if both pass? I mean what that seems a little confusing. What was the thinking behind putting one that sunsets and putting one that doesn't. What is the logic there one will? Ultimately there will only be one.
Speaker 9: I think that the coalition that has come together, it's from a broad coalition of local elected leaders from across the state, business leaders from across the state. Colorado is a state that is you know, known to use the sunset provision too, and I think it's it's always a good idea. Frankly, I think I wish we would sunset every regulation that's on the books in the state and require the legislators to reauthorize them. But I think that the question is do we sunset this or do we just make it permanent? And and I think there's a good argument to be had. So if one gets through, the other will get through.
Speaker 4: But ultimately there will.
Speaker 9: Only be one of them on the ballot, and we will know. The title setting process takes anywhere from four to six weeks, and so at the conclusion of that process, if we have a measure to take to the voters, we will, but there will be a decision to move with either a sunset or not.
Speaker 5: Now, Destin, let me ask you this.
Speaker 4: Have you guys compiled any of the various ways that this money that is coming in all those delivery fees we're paying them every single time we get a delivery, the ways that this money has been diverted, Because this is what I think most Coloradens don't know. They were sold a bill of goods on things like, hey, raise your registration fees when you register your car, and we're going to use it to fix roads and bridges, and that money just seems to be going into a giant black hole. Then we have delivery fees, We have all of these things that were sold to Coloradin says this is going to fix our roads and bridges. All that money is going elsewhere. Are you guys accumulating a list of the ways that this money has been diverted to really help people understand why we have to vote for this.
Speaker 9: Yeah, yes, absolutely, and in some of itself evident. I mean, the thing that we've seen is that the state of Colorado is currently in a seven hundred million dollar deficit. Despite the fact that they're in there, they're taking in record levels of revenue, and it's because they continue to do things like they Over the years, they've had the largest expansion of Medicaid. And it's not because more and more people who actually should be on Medicaid are are participating in it, but it's they're expanding the eligibilities to where it's really creeping well beyond the intent of helping people who you know, are struggling financially and need the extra assistance. So the expansion of Medicaid has been a significant just the growth of government, the number of employees that the state. You know, there's there's a new division or department that's created. You know, there's tons of ways in which the state is grown, it's expenditures, but it hasn't been towards roads. And I think that's the other thing that's key about these measures is that what we would be doing is forcing fiscal discipline on a very not physically disciplined state legislature and saying, you guys are already collecting these fees from us. We don't need a new tax, we don't need another fee. We need you to take the money that you're we're already saying you can spend it on roads. But we will have a very comprehensive list and it won't be hard to put together of all the ways in which they're diverting those dollars that should have already been going to our roads to other priorities that the legislature has.
Speaker 4: Dustin's Ivonik is my guest, Dustin, what's the timeline on this title board approval or not?
Speaker 9: Yeah, so typically it takes four to six weeks. We just submitted last week, so that you know there there will be an opportunity for any any challenges that first, the first you know thing that we'll have to prove is that there's a single subject which we believe there is. The attorney's working on this, you know, I feel confident that it's going to get through. I'm sure that it's going to be challenged. I'm sure that the defenders of the status quo that they want to see government continue to grow and are going to say, I suggest that by requiring money go to roads and bridges that was supposed to go to roads and bridges is going to force us to cut elsewhere. We're going to hear a lot of that during the title setting process and then ultimately in the campaign, But I would say it. You know, sometime in the next four weeks we will have an affirmative decision from Titleboard. At that point, it will require, because it's a constitutional measure, for the proponents to go and get the signatures necessary to get it on the ballot for November of twenty twenty six.
Speaker 4: So as soon as that happens, as soon as you guys hit the ground and you're ready to go, please let's revisit this so I can make sure that my people are looking out at grocery stores and all of those places that they're asking for signatures, so we can get enough signatures to get this thing on the ballot, because I know that I'm not the only one who recently had to have you know, my car realigned because of Colorado's road, so it's time to do something about it.
Speaker 5: Dustin, I appreciate your time today.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I appreciate it. Thanks so much for having me on.
Speaker 4: All right. That is Dustin Zavonic from the seventy six group, and I will keep you guys posting on that. We'll be right back.
Speaker 5: A lot of stuff on the blog today.
Speaker 4: Got a lot of stuff about what's happening right now in Israel, and I I have an article where there are a couple of Israeli groups who now say that Israel is committing genocide. That being said, what's happening right now with the Gaza food situation is not what it initially seems to be. There's an organization called the Gaza Humanitarian Foundation. They are an American and Israeli back to organization that is delivering food to people.
Speaker 5: In Gaza right now as we speak.
Speaker 4: And over the weekend they published a video of a bunch of UN trucks and a bunch of UNAID just sitting there and the UN says, oh, we can't get it into Gaza because Israel won't let us use the roads. Well, Israel is trying to help them use roads that are still functioning. There's a lot of back and forth between UN and Israel, but for every accusation that the UN makes, Israel has an extremely rational explanation for what they're doing. Now, the Gaza Humanitarian Foundation is getting aid into Gaza. They're making it happen. They're delivering food to people who are starving. What they're not doing is delivering food to a mass, which is what the UN has been doing. And I think the UN is letting that aid sit because they want Palestinians to starve. And it sounds harsh and it sounds horrible, But the only way you can continue to make Israel look horrible is if Palestinian people suffer. Now, we all know the easiest way to bring all of this to a close is just release the hostages, release the last fifty Amas, just release them, or tell us you don't know where they are, which is a real possibility at this point. But the reality on the ground in Israel is much more complicated than it appears to be. When asked about the piles of aid being, you know, right outside Gaza. The UN seem to confirm why the Palestinians are starving in the first place by saying this is from the New York Times. To retrieve the eid at the border or move around most of the Gaza strip, UN trucks must enter zones controlled by the military after obtaining its permission. Once the eight is loaded, the trucks must get safely to the population. The whole trip can take twenty hours, the UN says. Large crowds of desperate people, as well as criminal gangs, overwhelm trucks as they enter and.
Speaker 5: Strip off the supplies.
Speaker 4: Witnesses say Israeli troops regularly open fire on the crowds, causing deaths and injuries. Now who's dying, who's being injured? I don't know.
Speaker 5: By the way, Israelis said.
Speaker 4: Yes, we have done that because some moss was overrunning the trucks taken together, says a spokesperson for the UN Office.
Speaker 5: These factors have put.
Speaker 4: People in humanitarian staff at grave risk and forced aid agencies on many occasions to pause the collection of cargo from crossings controlled by the Israeli authorities. Now I'm going to tell you a little story about when Chuck was in Somalia. Chuck was sent to Somalia and he was sent there because they were trying to help starving people. Remember that's why we were in Somalia. And he has rather harrowing stories of accompanying AID trucks into Somalia when starving Somalians would leap onto the trucks and the soldiers had no choice but to push them off the moving trucks to make sure that the aid got to where it was going. Because a lot of those people all worked for the Somali warlords, who then took the AID for themselves and sold it to the population at at exorbitant rates. That's why the Somalia people were starving, the same reason the people in Gaza are starving. Hamas fighters are well fed. Amas fighters have plenty of food. Hamas has warehouses full of food. They turned around and sell it on the black market to people who are trying to run stores and markets. So I'm not buying that Israel is the problem here. Hamas is always the problem in anything involving Israel. You should read all of the information that I have, though it's very very interesting and it's worth your time. Now I want to talk about a text message or not a text message like Dan Bongeno's text messaging me. A post on x dot com that was made by Deputy Director of the FBI Dan Bongino. Dan Bongino has been catching a lot of crap because as a podcaster, he was one of the guys screaming that we all needed to expose all of these things blah blah blah. And this is what he's sent out on x dot com this weekend. It says, during my tenure here is the Deputy Director of the FBI, I have repeatedly relayed to you that things are happening that might not be immediately visible, but they are happening. The Director and I are committed to stamping out public corruption and the political weaponization of both law enforcement and intelligence operations. It is a priority for us. But what I've learned in the course of our properly predicated and necessary investigations into these aforementioned matters has shocked me to my core. We cannot run a republic like this. I'll never be the same after learning what I've learned. We're going to conduct these righteous and proper investigations, by the book and in accordance with the law. We are going to get the answers we all deserve. As with any investigation, I cannot predict where it will land, but I can promise you an honest and dignified effort at the truth. Not my truth, not your truth, but the truth. God bless America and all those who defend her. Respectfully, Dan, Now, a lot of people are super excited about this, but I remain cynical.
Speaker 5: I remain jaded.
Speaker 4: Don't get me wrong. I've said it before. I would love to see powerful people purpwalked. I would love to see powerful people be tried for crimes against the United States of America, which I think some of these things have been. And I think that the or we find out and Tulca Gabbard last week was just a machine in destroying the foundation of the untouchable Obama legacy. They're really saying that they are going to dish the dirt. They're telling us that we are going to get some kind of satisfaction. And I think part of the reason that Dan Bongino put this out, and I think part of the reason that we're seeing so much conversation about not just not the Epstein files, but the conversations that we're seeing about the real root of the Russian collusion investigation and how corrupt the entire beginning and really the entire operation was. Is because all of a sudden, when they tried to just tell us that Jeffrey Epstein was a no big deal thing, the rest of us, all of us normies out here, we were like, no, it is a big thing. It's a super big thing, because it's yet another instance of the two tiered system of justice that we have in this country, where if you're rich and powerful and connected, you can do whatever you want and nobody's ever gonna hold you accountable. Mandy, I'm with you. I'll believe it when I see it. That's why I'm waiting see you know. I'm like, you know what, Becau. It's like, I'm from the state of Missouri. Show me, show me the charges, show me the trials, show me all of that. Before I get excited about any of it, Mandy, take the food for gaza, put it in packages with parachutes and drop them all over the place so citizens can get it before Hamas. The problem is is that citizens have been squashed and killed by air drops.
Speaker 5: And I'm not even kidding.
Speaker 4: I mean, I don't know what you do other than like attaching a bunch of whistles to the air drop to let people know. But when people are starving, they're going to rush to wherever they think they can get food.
Speaker 5: They're doing airdrops now.
Speaker 4: Air drops are an extremely ineffective way to distribute aid. Oddly, the Gazla Humanitarian Foundation has been getting aid to real people, and that's why Hamas has been shooting people at their aid distribution centers, because they're getting it done without the UN, which is already we already know the UN is corrupt in Israel.
Speaker 5: We already know that members.
Speaker 4: Of the unrah were actually helping Hamas on October seventh.
Speaker 5: That we already know this. This is not in question.
Speaker 4: And by the way that you and we'll say we fired those people, shouldn't you have charged them with a crime.
Speaker 5: Are they in jail right now for what they did?
Speaker 4: Because if they're not, then you have no standing whatsoever to say anything about anything. Mandy, how do you know any of the hostages are still alive with Israel continued to bomb them. Most of the hostages that remain are dead, and the Israelis already know this, so they're just looking to have the body's returned so they can bury them properly, and if they're well outside the window of baring them properly Forish tradition. But they just want the bodies back so the families can grieve and you know, have that finality. They are not a lot of hot Maybe there's a few that are alive, So I just I don't know how many Mandy. Legislation was passed in the late nineties that did just that. It was SB one. Its intended use was to fund a set of strategic highway projects across the state. When the Dams took over in two thousand and seven, they reversed the legislation. Of course they did, because they hate Rhodes as long as they're on them, as long as we're on them. Rather, Mandy, don't get your hopes up for prosecutions. Even if the truth gets out, there will be those who will never believe it.
Speaker 5: Still it must be exposed. I agree.
Speaker 4: There are people that you could have Barack Obama murder someone directly in front of them and they would deny it. It's a cheap fake. It's a cheap fake. But yeah, you're right, Mandy. Why should we care about Muslims that just want to kill us? Because they're human beings, because they're little babies and little children. And as much as I hate Amas, I don't want little babies and little children to starve. I mean, I would hope you don't. I am from Missouri, So show me exactly right, Missouri, I hear you. Go ahead, Dan Bongino, make it happen. Mister that maybe pipe down until you actually do that.
Speaker 10: So.
Speaker 5: John Caldera.
Speaker 4: Has a great column in the Denver Gazette today, like a great column, and it is about the fact that we are about to be asked to shell out for a new football stadium. You know it's coming, I know it's coming. And John Caldera wants us to leverage the stadium to get some real results on things that are wrong. How about safe and clean streets Denver? How about doing something significant and important with the homeless population, which, by the way, have you driven around the capitol recently, Grant at all, haven't been that way yet? Ah, the urban outdoorsmen are out in force. There's no tense visible, but boy, how do you drive through there in the middle of the day and there's no like working people there?
Speaker 5: Mandy, there are most twenty.
Speaker 4: Two hostages still alive. There you go, Grox says nineteen sixties, A word invented by Robert Heinlen, American author understanding something intuitively or by empathy.
Speaker 5: Number two.
Speaker 4: I don't understand that first part number two fixing roads more driving equals more pollution. But they'll take your money. I don't even care. I really don't care. I just want to be able to go where I want to go when I want to go there, and not hit a pothole so big that I could vacation in it. Is that so wrong? Come on, people, come on. A couple of things on the blog that I'd love for you to see. I've got a really good article on what to do if you have patchy grass. She got that going for you, Visible signs of Insulin Resistance. And my favorite, there is a reality check. A young African American woman is talking to an African American gentleman and she says, where are you Where were you born?
Speaker 5: And he said Texas And she basically says.
Speaker 4: Well, you're black, so where you feel like life? Is good.
Speaker 5: He's like, heck, yeah, I do. And then he proceeds to.
Speaker 4: Point out He's like, your hair looks great, you got a nice bag on your shoulder. Nobody's oppressing you. It was fascinating that people are starting to push back on this. Oh, I forgot to talk about this earlier. I wanted to talk about it with Rich when he was on the show. So I saw video this past weekend and it was of an African American teacher and she's standing in front of a classroom and one of the students, obviously a young woman. She's saying, my pronouns, are they them? And the teacher looks editor and goes, there's not more than one of you, and that's a plural. That's not a thing. And the girl got really agitated and she's like, my pronouns are they them? And she's like, no, you're a beautiful young lady, and you're not a multiple. There's no extras. And the girl got so flustered and upset she got up and left the classroom. And I was like, think about what we've done to this young woman. We now have given her the belief that other people give a rat's ass about her. Pronouns, and maybe they do in a high school classroom or a college classroom, but frankly, the rest of the world just doesn't care. And that's why you see people melting down because someone misgendered them or used the wrong pronown, because they're so invested in thinking everyone cares about their feelings, when in reality, mostly people don't care about your feelings. I mean, just go on the internet for five minutes and you understand right away nobody cares about your feelings. You know who cares about your feelings, your mom and dad, your best friends, but even some of your best friends may be sick of hearing about your feelings. I mean, I know all the time I'm having to tell Ryan Edwards stop sharing your feelings with me.
Speaker 5: Ryan, God, it's gross.
Speaker 4: I bet Dave put you up to that. That's okay, No he didn't. Actually, I'm Dave still on my Doodoo list for saying I cheated on of the day, I got a long memory, I got a memory like an elephant.
Speaker 10: For stuff like that, I think he just wants you to provide information and detail sourcing you.
Speaker 4: I'm not Rock, Okay, I'm not Grock. I'm not gonna give you my sources nights just gonna not have that. You were out at training camp today, I was what's the vibe there compared because the last last one I got to go to was in the Russell Wilson era and it was super loosey goosey, and there was a posse there. Russ had his whole posse. Era had a posse. Everybody had a posse. No posse's no posse. So it's really like serious football time. It's pretty serious football time.
Speaker 10: It's also a little different because there's only eight time hundred fans there versus several thousand rooms too, so it feels like training camp light in a lot of ways. But yeah, very focused, attention to detail, work on the field.
Speaker 4: And then that's good.
Speaker 5: I'm here for that. I'm fine with that.
Speaker 10: Yeah, I think in the end, you know, you're you're bummed if you're not gonna be able to make it out the training camp because there's fewer opportunities. At the same time, what you ultimately want is a Broncos fan is just them to be good.
Speaker 8: We'll talk about that today and now.
Speaker 4: It's time for the most exciting segment all the radio of its guy the world the nice one of the day. That was good, Ryan, that was real good. What is our dad joke of the day? Dad joke of the day.
Speaker 6: My wife said if I bought her one more stupid gift, she would burn it.
Speaker 4: So I bought her a candle. That's a good one.
Speaker 7: I like that one.
Speaker 4: Actually, it's quite good, quite good. All right.
Speaker 5: Today's word of the day, please.
Speaker 6: Word of the day fascil faci l e.
Speaker 4: I've heard this one. This is one of the words that when I eat it, I have to look it up. Doesn't it mean just like surface level, like not very deep, just kind of yeah.
Speaker 6: I would can give that to you something that is too simple. There you go, there you go?
Speaker 4: Yeah, all right, today trivia question is super easy too. Pugilism is a synonym for what popular sport. If you're pugilist, what are you? Okay? I thought this was really easy, and I'm getting the perplexed look by you. Ryan.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I mean I'm sitting out in the sun, so.
Speaker 5: Okay, I'll give you a moment then.
Speaker 4: Do you know, Brian, No, I have no idea boxing that I actually feel a little more like a man than you should feel. Right now. After that letting you.
Speaker 10: Know perspective what that means?
Speaker 4: Come on, Ryan, Ryan's always in his feelings. What are the Jeopardy categories?
Speaker 6: Jeopardy category for today? You can go with this or you can go with that. All right, you can go with this. You can go with this sunglasses company's club Master, or you can go with its Classic Aviators.
Speaker 5: Mandy, what is RayBan?
Speaker 4: Correct?
Speaker 6: You can go to Northeastern and Boston, or you can go to this directional school in Evanston, Illinois.
Speaker 5: Mandy, what is Northwestern?
Speaker 4: Correct?
Speaker 2: Wow?
Speaker 4: Nice work.
Speaker 6: You can go see Luca and King James at Crypto dot Com Arena, or you can cross town to see this other NBA team at Intoit Dome.
Speaker 8: Ryan, what are the LA Clippers? Correct?
Speaker 4: I couldn't remember if they were on the Lakers or they were on the Clippers, and I didn't want to put myself out like that.
Speaker 6: Go to Lombardi's for a New York style pizza, or drive northeast one state to Pepe's to try this New City's thin crusted style.
Speaker 5: I think I know, but I read one more time.
Speaker 8: Ryan, what is New York slice a pizza?
Speaker 4: Ain't correct?
Speaker 5: Read it again?
Speaker 6: Go to Lombardi's for a New York style pizza, or drive northeast one state to Pepe's to try this new city's thing crusted styles.
Speaker 4: I got nothing new Haven.
Speaker 6: Answer that you can climb Mount Rainier, which you can see from Seattle, or you can climb this eleven thousand footer you can see from Portland.
Speaker 5: I don't know the answer to that.
Speaker 4: When he heard Ryan Noe, what is Mount Hood? Oh, Dann, I did know that too, somewhere well to to zip. I'll take it. I'll take it. What do you got on the show today? Who you got on the show today? We're gonna have you in rapport?
Speaker 10: Joining us at three thirty all sorts of sound in reaction to the first Pad's day for the Broncos.
Speaker 4: Good for Pats, Tan, what do you mean? Wait?
Speaker 7: Wait?
Speaker 4: Who got Courtland?
Speaker 5: He got paid?
Speaker 4: He got paid.
Speaker 5: That's really really good for him.
Speaker 4: Sorry, Pat, didn't mean to throw your gut your hopes up there for a second. And what did he do?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 5: No, No, it's uh, it's Courtland sunon the big money.
Speaker 8: Nice contracts.
Speaker 10: Yeah, I'll him in a little bit about Coach Prime in you know what when I because I.
Speaker 4: Talked to my audience about the fact I'm having as directed me this Friday, and I actually referenced that we all know he's had some medical issues, but he's been kind of not open about it, and I was like, I wish you would talk about it, not the least of which because now it will inspire other men to pay attention to their health.
Speaker 5: But also there's a lot of people who are.
Speaker 4: Gonna be praying for him now and hopefully he will make a full recovery and and you know, go and live a long, happy, healthy life from here on out. But I heard that today, I heard the press conference. I was like, good for him, good for him for sharing. It's hard, but I'm glad that he's out there talking about what's going on. So hopefully we'll recover soon. We got Kaoe Sports coming up next. We'll be back tomorrow. Keep it on, Koa