Speaker 1: Spring break people are down in Florida, and Michael Traffic showed that people literally left Friday. I think it's funny because when our kids were in school, the schools would tell them, if your child is not in school on Friday, they will have detention when they get back, and parents did not care because the parents would go, we're going to spring break. So finally the schools, at least the schools that are around in my world, they just finally gave the Friday off too. So Thursday is a half day and then they have so they have a half day Thursday, and then for spring break starts early.
Speaker 2: That's the way to do it. My wife's in Bullet County as a teacher, they get the Monday after spring break off.
Speaker 1: Of course they do. Of course they do.
Speaker 2: That's the way to do it.
Speaker 1: And I didn't really. I didn't really because when I grew up, you had one summer vacation. No one ever went on spring break unless you were a high school senior. Like, no one went on spring break unless you were a high school senior. And then when we had kids and went into the thing, they were like, where are you going? And we were like when John was like a first grader, we were like, what do you mean, where are we going? Spring break? The whole school went to Deston as it he am, I'm not doing that.
Speaker 2: Is Deston the most popular vacation trip for people in this area.
Speaker 1: It is correct, it's become the Louisville destination. Now. Twenty years ago, my son is twenty one, he's about to graduate from college. He's five weeks away. He's got one test left, John one.
Speaker 2: That's wild.
Speaker 1: He's got one test left and then that's it, and that's it. Uh So, twenty years ago, Destin had a couple of restaurants, some condos, high rises, but that was it. Now it's jam packed, right And how many times have you seen that video of the sheriff in Destined. That's like, hey, people from Louisvia Kentucky, we don't like you stay home.
Speaker 2: They must fear this time of year.
Speaker 1: I'm like, h people from Lowa can be obnoxious on vacation, no way, But I would not go somewhere where I'm just I'm just packing up with everyone and going down there. It's like Louisville on the beach. No, I'm not doing that. So we never went. We stayed home. The kids hated it. I was bad dad. My wife was like, are we going to go one year? I'm like, no, my hang out. Those people, I mean not those people there are friends. Speaking of money, radio segue, Dion Sanders receives a five year, fifty four million dollar increase in his salary, so that now puts him over ten million dollars a year, in the top five paid coaches in the country.
Speaker 2: And all they had to do was be mediocre.
Speaker 1: I want to say because I've always I've been the guy for twenty years on the radio that said these salaries are ridiculous. But at this point everything's so out of control. Here's what I'm gonna say. And the people have listened to me for years are like Venetti's brain is broken. It's probably not enough for sanders impact on Colorado. Forget the wins, John Okay, right, forget the wins. The impact on Colorado football of Deon Sanders. It's more than ten million. It's worth more than ten million. Colorado has not been talked about since nineteen ninety four when they won a title. They shared a title with I think Washington that year, right, you're talking thirty years. No one talked about Colorado football until Deon Sanders walked in and everyone talked to Colorado. He's probably worth more.
Speaker 2: And I'll give him. They may. I know this doesn't matter with what you're saying specifically, but they did make a huge jump from year one to year two, oh clearly. And so I mean if they can make it all the way to say a college football playoff appearance, I mean they'll never shut up about Dione Sanders, right, and then he may be on his way off. People thought he was already on his way to the NFL this past offseason.
Speaker 1: And as sad as it is, sports and attendance records are set. If your athletic department is good, more kids want to go to your school. Why do you think people go to Alabama? They go because the football games no offense, oh miss. But if you didn't have that garden party atmosphere around football, half those kids would not be there. I'm not making that up. It's like getting in a car, are used car you're going to buy and turning on the stereo first, Like my brain is broken with When we went through the process with John, I was like, what you're not choosing because of that? So people go, remember twenty thirteen was the year of the Cardinal, that everyone was in the final four or one a national title or something was crazy. The next year in twenty fourteen, largest incoming freshman class ever.
Speaker 2: That shouldn't be surprising, I feel like, but it probably was back then, right.
Speaker 1: The impact on Deon Sanders on Colorado was more than ten million a year. I mean, and he doesn't need the money. I mean, the dude is loaded. The guy played professional baseball and football. He's a Hall of Famer in football. He's maybe the most popular athlete in the last forty years. Like, I never met anyone that didn't like Deon Sanders, like as somebody as boisterous and fun as that. Usually people are like, I don't like that guy. I've never met anyone that didn't like Deon Sanders. Love Deon Sanders. That's why sometimes it's sad that he plays the race card on all that. Touri's like, oh, you don't like my kid because because he's a Sanders and he's a black kid. No, No, NFL scouts don't care. Can you help the team? I hoped Deon Sanders kid because I am a Pittsburgh Steelers fan since nineteen seventy five. I hope Deon Sanders kid is our quarterback next year. As Colin Callard says, if you don't have a quarterback, you don't have a team. Steelers do not have a quarterback. I'll take Deon Sanders kid now, because that kid did he Everyone's like, he's how good is he? Well? Did you see the trash that he was playing with at Colorado? He's good, he was. He did what he can with a terrible offensive line at Colorado. I'll take him right now. Quarterbacks come in so ready. So Deon Sander signs a new deal. Ten million dollars is probably worth more. I mean most people are like ten million dollars for On Sanaders. Dude, it's not enough. It's it's probably not enough. The impact that he's had on Colorado athletics or the school in general. Come on, it's more than that. And I used to be the guy that just could not believe it when we got into the four million dollar mark for football coaches. I used to I was screaming, like, what are we doing? But that's that's what you demand now? It's crazy, all right? This is uh, this is where your relationship if you get to this point in your relationship, things have gone wrong. People are hiring loyalty testers. Okay, this is where you go to this site, loyalty dash test dot com. Oh no, okay, that's right. You pay them and then they send someone to test your significant other.
Speaker 2: So this is kind of like an intervention. They come to your house and you know, they sit down and.
Speaker 1: No no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: They test your significant other for faithfulness, as in, they hit on your of your your spouse and to see if your spouse takes the bite or not.
Speaker 2: Honestly, if my wife did that with me, I don't know if I would realize that the person was hitting on me. I never grew up knowing it whether or not a woman was hitting on me. I was so bad at it.
Speaker 1: Well, first of all, John, you wear sweatpants and a T shirt to work. I'm wearing jeans today. But thank you, Back off, ladies. He's all mines, right, Okay.
Speaker 2: I always had to shoot the first shot. I always shot the first shot, and I was always the one that got dumped. That was me.
Speaker 1: Oh Joe.
Speaker 2: We made it out though were five years married. Have a kill on the way. You know there's you know, yes, there's brighter streets ahead there somebody like that.
Speaker 1: Yes, you can't be a puppy dog. I tried to give my son the advice. I said, look em kind of like the obi Wan of this. He was like, no, thank you, Dad, all right from here when you need me. But the best thing you can do in a breakup is what John, what's the best thing you can do in a breakup? Move on, don't answer the phone, Put the phone down. Put the phone down, don't call her. Yeah, I don't think I ever begged for a woman to come back. Don't call her. Well, you know, you have too many drinks. It's Friday or Saturday night, it's one am, you're feeling melancholy, and you're going, let's see what she's doing. And then after you hang up, what happens. I didn't go the way I thought it would go. I'm such an idiot. Put the phone down. That's the first thing, right, And if she called, this is the best part. If she calls, you got to act like you're busy and get off the phone right away. I swear to you if you've been pining and staring at the phone hoping she calls with those wide eyes and the phone is just sitting there, going why isn't she calling? I know she wants to call. It's been like ten days. I wonder if she's with him now. She's probably bored. And when the phone rings, you have to have discipline enough to say, oh, I'm so glad you called, but can I call you back? I got a thing right now, and just go click.
Speaker 2: And that could be hard to do if you don't have you know, many opportunities like myself.
Speaker 1: It's the only play though, it's the only play you have to get her back, because she's gonna hold the phone and go what.
Speaker 2: I need him to need me?
Speaker 1: That's exactly right, exactly right right. She's gonna play those games. So are you pal? So this site loyalty tests. Uh, there's no word whether they do this in person over social media. I think they're doing it over social media, but there is a total You could choose a loyalty package offered by the tester of their choice. From there, the tester makes their move on the customer's significant other, and we'll find out from there. Most customers of loyalty Test are women testing their man, and around twenty percent of those tested end up failing.
Speaker 2: I'm not surprised.
Speaker 1: No, I think that's a pretty accurate number.
Speaker 2: By the way, it says they will direct message your significant other on social media h st with them.
Speaker 1: Okay, here's the deal. You keep this if you're her, you keep this to yourself because the second that if she told me she did that, I'm done.
Speaker 2: I'm out.
Speaker 1: I walk.
Speaker 2: I don't know what I was.
Speaker 1: I'm done. I'm out. You did what you pass sweetie, I love you so much. I didn't want to tell you. I did not want to die. You all my happy about that, right, my friends, that I just tell you. So, I'm gonna tell you I did a loyalty test. You can check it out. You passed. I'm so. I love you so much. I'd be gone. I just I'd walk out. I wouldn't even say anything. I just go get my keys from right outside of the door where you put it at her place. Let's get my keys and walk out. No, no, no, If you do that, that's crazy, that is crazy behavior. Identify it early and walk away. Because if she's willing to do that this you cannot end up with her. It will be crazy. You'll be driving the bus to crazy town for decades. I'm not exaggerating here. If a woman does that to her man, she is driving the crazy bus to crazy town. Your life will be miserable. It's just if she does it, thank God, because then you.
Speaker 2: Know that's true. Usually the red flags aren't that easy to spot. I feel like, not as easy as that. Not as easy as that is a red flag. Take your keys, don't even say goodbye and walk out.
Speaker 1: You did what?
Speaker 2: Walk out?
Speaker 1: Because that's crazy. That is crazy behavior. So don't go to loyalty dash test dot com. Did you go to the website as you said it? That's why I was like, let's get to do this thing. Yeah? How much did they give you a price package? I haven't clicked on that, right, I bet you it's not cheap. I wonder if it's not cheap.
Speaker 2: I wonder how many people around here have used loyaltytest dot com.
Speaker 1: And the thing is, jealousy can make you crazy. Yeah, jealousy can make you crazy and make you think things that are just aren't true.
Speaker 2: I will say this though, if you're in a relationship and someone's already cheated, but you stayed with them. Yeah, would that be something that this becomes acceptable if you're suspicious?
Speaker 1: Okay, now, okay, okay, all right, now we're diving deeper. Yes, maybe that's true.
Speaker 2: Because you've already given whoever it might be a second chance. Right, They kind of owe you that at that right. Yes, Okay, you've changed your mind a little bit. That's what having the conversations about. If he's already cheated, maybe she's not crazy, but he let's go to the girl's mind. Now, if you have to hire this website, isn't an already over? Yeah? I think that's true.
Speaker 1: Isn't an already over? You're just extension.
Speaker 2: There's no baggage in the relationship at the time.
Speaker 1: You're just extending the time. You're just extending the time. But I will say this with conviction. Once a cheat, always a cheater. That's not true. Some people can be reformed and they don't always cheat. If you don't, that's why it's so hard to keep in relationships, because if you don't grow as a human being, if you're not different. I always say this line because the person said it to me and it made so much sense. Somebody asked somebody else why they read Moby Dick the book sixteen times, and the person said, simply because I'm a different person than I was the last time I read it. So it's a different book for me because I'm a different person. If you're not changing and growing as a human being, either way good or bad, it doesn't matter changing and growing, then what are you doing If your spouse is the same person they were twenty years ago?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 1: What? So then you have to so you get married and you have to stay on the same level as you grow and learn. That's the tough one. That's a differ one. All right, man, we're gonna take a short break. I'm gonna try to tackle reeling in the years. Zulu.
Speaker 2: Good look, I got it, dough.
Speaker 1: But first, Elan and Eland five nine eight hundred, five eight hundred, just call a number of your selling a house buying selling doesn't matter one percent commission rate. Keep the equity in your home. Now, if you're talking about a half a million dollar house, which is easy to get there, the average price now at in Jeffers County is three hundred thousand. So if you get defied pretty quickly, that's twelve fifteen thousand dollars that you normally would just give to a real estate agent. Nope, go with Eedland and Edlund five nine nine eight hundred or edland dot com. Back after this, on news radio eight forty told the UHS thunder over Louisville is not far off, Like it's so few days to Derby anyway, You're like, I can't what March is over? Dude? How many days before your due date?
Speaker 2: May eighth? This is the current dude, day eighth, right after Derby.
Speaker 1: He's gonna be a Derby week. Baby, there'll be days of his birthday is gonna be on Derby.
Speaker 2: That's true.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she, by the way having a girl, Oh you have a girl? Okay, you know, Tony's a great name, either boy or girl.
Speaker 2: It's right to inn.
Speaker 1: That's exactly right. And and Tony with an eyegirl, she's destined to be cool. Yeah, I can't listen up. Business owners, don't be stupid, Okay, don't get super creative with your website name. Let's misspell and put two x's in the people will think we're cool. New survey finds that. And let me tell you something when it gets to this number, it is a miracle. That means everyone hates it. Eighty percent of US consumers avoid visiting or buying from a website that has an odd spelling name. They don't like it. It's weird, right, This is proof to you to change back to whatever normal name you have. I don't understand the misspelling. The misspelling of a name for the website. Do you not want anyone to find you? I mean, is that what you want? In by the way, we do that here, Like we're wonderful talk show host, but our company will build your website for you. And you'd be surprised how many local companies they're like, we go to the website, first forum, and it's awful. It's awful. You're like, this is your website and they're like, yeah, no, dude, those days are over where you could just have that as an extra. Your website has to be. So here's the deal. Eighty percent say they don't want to buy from a website that has an oddly spelled or weird domain name. Go normal, okay. According to the poll, people prefer short, sweet names with correctly spelled words that are easy to pronounce. Hello. Consumers don't trust a domain that doesn't match the business name. That's another one. Fifty hate the misspelled words, same number hyphens in the name. Hyphen will kill you if you're trying to find the website. Am I wrong there? I mean that was loyaltydash test dot com earlier. Yes, numbers in the name. What are you doing? So again? I hate to inform you. Weirdly spelled websites don't help you. People hate them. And when you get to a survey that has eight of ten saying something that that means everybody, that means everybody. Because you can't get eighty percent of people to agree that the blue the sky is blue. You can't do it. That's why detectives will tell you the worst, the worst, uh witness as an eyewitness, they're the worst. You have ten people witness something happened, You get ten different events. People see what they want to see, but eighty percent and a number that's crazy. So if you own a business, scrap whatever you got, make it simple and spell it correctly and you will have success. And by the way, I will make a pitch for our company. If your website sucks, we do that. We can do that for you. You gotta have a good website, dude, and as big dumb guy fifty six year old big dumb guy from the eighties, I need one click. Why do I like door Dash Because I hit one button and it's all done, foods on the way. I don't have to go put your card number in. How do you want it? Delif hurt, it's already punched in there and ready to go. And they make it simple. One number boom, Like I said, we got My daughter was coming back from college. It was late, like midnight. She was like, DoorDash taco bell. I was like, all right, not Joe bro Brunday at twelve fifteen am. It wasn't weird that I waited on the front porch and right, John, that's very ton of you robe and slippers. What did the door dash driver think of that? He didn't say anything, but it was very nice. I've discovered if you put ten dollars tip on there, they race to get your food. Yeah, it's six bucks to me. I don't care. If I'm really hungry. What's six bucks? I don't care. So he was like, hey, please like five stars. I was like, I got you, So make it easy on your website. Spell the name correctly, no hyphens, no numbers, just spell it correctly and make it easy to navigate. One click right. There are private groups of people to identify and report student protesters for possible deportation. This thing is getting out of control right now. And I see the argument on both sides. I don't see the argument for the Colombian student the Ivy League student had They both have good points, but again the government has a better one. If you would have told us this is what you're gonna do, we wouldn't have given you the visa in the first place. Now, I don't like identifying and telling on people. That seems to be that's that's too much for me. When you start to ask the public to out people, I don't like it. I don't like it. It's too it's too much.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: But that that whole. I make this argument for people that are trying to make this that are against it, I make this argument. I go, look, if my son had gone he went to Madrid to go to school for a semester, But if he had gone to school for all four years in Madrid and something was going on in Spain and he was the crux to the protest, on campus that ended up in violence and damage to buildings, and they threw him out. As a dad, I mean going, yeah, be asking him, going, dude, what are you doing? Did you think they were gonna let you stay? So I think that's the thing of think about it your own kid. If it was your own kid, you'd be like, no, that makes sense. You'd be pissed at the kid, like what are you doing? You're there to go to school. So I'm sorry, I'm not on board with him. He's is bah, will you do damage to the buildings and doing all that? Sorry, you gotta go now, I get it. Uh, the wife's pregnant and all that, but she's gonna have to follow you. Okay. But if it was your own kid and they did that at a school across the sea, you would go. It would make sense to you, would it not, Johnny? Would you would say, hey, yes.
Speaker 2: Because if you don't, then you're enabling it to happen elsewhere again and again.
Speaker 1: But you would be disappointed in your son, of course you would. You'd be like, what are you doing? What are you doing? You're there to go to school. They're going to kick you out, and we're like kind of agree with Spain.
Speaker 2: At that point, you have to just let your kid hit rock bottom. Yes, that's what it is, correct, because they'll never if you enable that type of behavior, then they'll just keep doing it.
Speaker 1: I've done some good things as a dad, but there's never I don't think anything better than I contacted both my kids after the attack on Israel, and I coll contacted him both, and I called my daughter, especially because John's a political because he's Navy and whatever, right, so he supposed to be a political doesn't on social media have an opinion, So it's basically my daughter. But it was the best thing I did. I called her and said, sit this one out, and she was like what I said, sit this one out. And this was early in the days of this, because I knew where this was going. I said, sit this one out. And she was like why she put up a fight and then she went, okay, all right, and she did. She set it out. I think it was the best thing, man. It was one of the best calls I've made. Sit this one out. Dude, You're not going to change anything. Don't put a picture on your you know, on your Twitter thing, Insta or TikTok. Sit this one out, all right. They'll plea plenty of other stuff to take a stand on, leave this one alone. And she did, and I'm so glad she did because it's been so divisive, it's been so crazy and some people sometimes you're young, you just want to be involved, and you're gonna make some mistakes on both sides. It's crazy, crazy, all right. We are getting close to the top of the second hour here again, I'm gonna fill in for Nick at three o'clock on Sports Talk seven ninety. I guess he's on a spring break.
Speaker 2: He typically, at least from what I've experienced, he typically takes the week off of a spring break with his kids. Okay here, I think he went to Mexico with his wife though, So is that Rick coffee? It can be Rick doesn't Rick is day drinking? Nick right is right? Yes, yes, yeah, that wouldn't surprise me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, wouldn't surprise me either. Lots of pasta, lots of pasta. Louisville dot Com thirty seven to seventeen Lexington Road. The Sneaking Deacon, Greg get your He went in the other day. He's never been if you believe it, So he went in there the other day and got the stuff we recommended. And then he gave a book, his book, The Sneaking Deacon, to the lady that checked him out. And of course that when I showed up that day, because I went there that day also, they were all talking about the Sneaking Deacon, good looking deacon, former secret Service. They were all talking about it. Lots of Pasta is a family place, thirty seven to seventeen Lexington Road. If you haven't been there, stop on by. They have a cafe, They've got the best deli. It's a grocery store. We talked about the food all the time. But if you're doing a lunch, like a like a work lunch, get the box lunches, order them up and get them custom for each person. Back after this on news radio eight forty WHS