Speaker 1: It's time for another mock draft Monday, Baby, and for the first time this offseason, a brave soul has committed to doing a seven round New York Jets specific mock draft here on the channel, here on the last day of March. What a crazy bastard. Your guys are gonna meet this fella and he'll be joining us throughout the rest of the entire draft process. Boy Green Daily starts right now. I'm gonna lose my gosh darned bananas. Boy Green Daily, start snare sweets.
Speaker 2: Buggy D Buggy D Buggy Let's.
Speaker 3: Go put your seatbelts on, getting ready for the ride. We're the freaking New York Jets. We're built for the ship.
Speaker 1: What's going on, everybody? I'm Paul Aston Junior aka Boy Green. I'm the New York Jets digital reporter for heavy dot Com. Welcome to Boy Green Daily Daily New York Jets video show, also available wherever you get your podcast here on the channel. And Boy, what better way to kick off a mock draft Monday than with a draft expert who will be joining us throughout the rest of the draft cycle. This is one of a kind guy, and hey, I respect anytime we get some nostalgia with some Houston oilers action. This guy. This guy's at Tennessee Titan sand He's a draft guru, but you can find all of his work as some draft professor dot com at Iron City Film on Twitter. Our NFL draft analyst, Drew Baby joining us here on the Freakin Program. Drew, what's up, brother, hey man?
Speaker 4: How you doing.
Speaker 1: I'm doing excellent. First off, thank you so much for jumping in mid and dom C was wonderful. We had Jim on. We met Jim on last week. He did his own mock draft which was great. And Drew, You're gonna be with us, like I said, through the rest of this cycle, which is another month plus here getting us ready for the twenty twenty five NFL Draft. We appreciate you, pal.
Speaker 4: Yeah, absolutely, man, I appreciate you having me on here. I'm always ready for some morning draft talk.
Speaker 1: Okay, well seven round mockcraft. We have not done that yet this cycle, so you are a brave man. So everyone, Drew, Drew, everybody else, Thank you to everyone that's joining us live here on the show here on Boy Green Daily. A quick reminder, Today is the last day to submit your Raffle tickets for the month of March, and our New York Jets prize giveaway, which I'll throw on the screen real quick here before we start our seven round New York next drap New York, New York Jets. Good lord, have birthday, New York Jets mock draft. Excuse me, get all baseball season in me. But we got the New York Jets patch to pull over hoodie, a super Bowl prize pack at a custom Lazer and graven package jet is all available for one lucky winner, which will reveal live on the show tomorrow morning. But today's your last stay. Submit those raffle tickets even after the show, you guys will be able to submit those via PayPal and Venmo throughout the rest of the day without further ado. Let's get right down to the brass tacks here. Drew is that we're gonna You're gonna pop our cherry with a seven rounder, baby, and we will be using the PFF mock Draft simulator. And again I will make this very clear, Drew makes all the final picks around here. He's the boss. I've just some guy over here, and every once in a while I'll poke his brain about a couple of different prospects. What's going on in that draft mind of Drew, But ultimately he makes all the final calls without further Ado, let's show this up on the big screen, baby again. We are using the PFF mock draft simulator. The Jets, of course have the seventh overall pick. All of the settings will be fifty to fifty outside of randomness, because you always like a little splash in your life. So without further Ado, are you ready, Drew?
Speaker 4: Never been more ready?
Speaker 1: Let's go okay, wow, Okay, then well then that's the time to do it. Let's get this party started immediately here on the channel with again this seven round and New York Jets mock draft. If the gods will load here, that's oh okay, there we go, ah, here we go. All right, a few more buttons to be pressed here to get this ship ready. Apologies Gas for all the technical difficulties here. But a seven round New York Jets mock draft, the first one of this cycle, and like I said, Drew is a very very brave man for getting this party underways without further ado, we will I will read the first couple of picks here for the seventh overall, and then we won't obviously do that for every other round of what happened in front of the Jets. Travis Hunter was a number one overall pick to the Tennessee Titans. We'll get Drew's thoughts on that in a second. The corner wide receiver out of Colorado, Mason Graham, what the flying who went to tier defensive lineman Michigan went to the Cleveland Browns. The second overall pick, Abdul Carter, penn state pass rusher, went to the Giants at three Technic Bill and went to New England Patriots. Fourth overall, the watersHer out of Arizona. We'll Campbell, the offensive lineman at Olsu went to the Jacksonville Jaguars, and John A. Barn Okay, the defensive back out of Texas went six overall to the Las Vegas Raiders, which means the New York Jets are officially on the clock with the seventh overall pick. Drew, I know you're a Titans guy. First off, is it obviously cam Ward for you guys? Or is there some question?
Speaker 4: Okay, yeah, it has been cam Ward for a couple of weeks now, and there's still some trade roomors floating out there. To my knowledge, those are not based on pretty much anything. I think the phone line are still open, but it's pretty much been confirmed as Ward for a couple of weeks.
Speaker 1: Now, Okay, so that's good. So we'll pretty obviously we'll also try to factor this int of realism. If there's someone available on the board that you think has zero chance, like cam Ward for instance, I believe it's still on the board in the scenario, we could just ignore that he's actually on the board here because PFF does its own craziness. But AnyWho, what is the thought here for the Jets. We're bringing a fresh mind in here from you. Jet fans have been doing a ton of mock drafts so far as the cycle. What are you thinking at seven for the Green and White?
Speaker 4: Yeah, So going into this just with my preliminary Jets research, my general draft strategy, and let me know if I'm off base on anything, just pure roster wise, the main places I'm trying to hit are past, get your receiver and tight end. I think those are both places that could be hit right. Tackle is a big hole from what I've seen. I think boundary corner could be kind of a sneaky need. I think that some edge depth, maybe I probably won't hit that till like day three ish.
Speaker 1: Uh huh.
Speaker 4: I think safety could be a sneaky need for sure, But I think the top three positions I'm probably trying to hit are a right tackle, tight end, and receiver.
Speaker 1: Yeah. The only other one I think some people would throw in there is a defensive tackle next to Quinn Williams. They signs sort of a bunch of fat guys. It's that sees it, But they don't have a lot of name value outside of Derek Noddy from the Kansas City Chiefs. All the rest of them are just sort of guides, so who knows if they'll even end up making the fifty three man roster. So obviously there's some thought there, and then you know, depending on how you feel about justin fields, I guess quarterback could always be in question for the Green and White as well, which is another one as well. But it seems like you have a pretty good handle on most of the jets of positional needs here. Like I said, throwing an interior defensive line as well into that group. Okay, so with the seventh overall pick, here's the big question. We're going to do a show on this later this week about it, but I guess i'll ask you with your draft knowledge. I think the big thing here is that Jets only have one seventh overall pick to use, and the next time the pick is forty two in the second round. With so many needs right tackle, defensive tackle, wide receiver, tight end, whatever they pick, the Jets have to sort of make a calculated risk and say, Okay, if we get insert tight end here, what defensive tackle can we get there at forty two or vice versa. So, in your opinion, out of all these things, a right tackle, defensive tackle, wide receiver, tight end, throw as many of them in there as you can. What has the gap where you would feel comfortable taking a different position because you know at forty two you're still going to get a guy you really like at one of those key positions we've already talked about.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's a really good question. I think you know, when you're in the draft space, it's really all about value, especially in this draft class of all draft classes, because I think if you're not in that top four picks, ish, this is a very very thin draft at the top. There's not a lot of great top end talent. This is really like a mid round. People call it a meat potatoes draft, and you're gonna build death guys. There's not a lot of top end quality starters, which is why I think my landing spot for the Jets most recently has been Missouri off the tackle arm on Membo for a while, and I expect him to be there at seven with the way I expect the top six to fall, and I know my other thought probably would be Tyler Warren or Shimar Stewart, and edge is nearly as big as a need, and the production or the lack of production, I should say, kind of scares people with Shimar Stewart, and I get that, but I think the athleticism, you know that that's something that the NFL teams really value, and I think i'd be surprised to him fall out of the top ten come draft time. And with Tyler Warren, I know there's a big need a tight end. I think this is a deep tight end class and I'm not quite as high on Tyler Warren as some people are. I understand the appeal here because he had some Penn State offense pretty much ran solely through him, and he's you know, got the highest blocking ceiling right. There were probably Jackson Halls in this class. He has a very clear path to being a true inline wide tight end guy, you know, very good at the catchpoint. But I'm kind of anti tight end in the top ten unless you're taking Rock Bowers, which I am under the belief that Tyler Warren is not of that that level as a prospect. Okay, and I think Membo is one of the He's a borderline top five player in this class and pretty clearly solidified himself as the top offensive tackle in my eyes. I really like Josh Simmons, but there's medical stuff, there's characters there, so he started to float down. So for me, and I know, it's you know, it's not the most exciting pick to go back to back off of the tackles in the top ten. No, no fans, you know, you want your your skill positions, your flashy picks. But I really don't think the value can be overstated of locking down two offensive tackles on two guys on a rookie contract. I mean you're locking down to his most important spots on your offense for probably the next decade between ol Fashanu and Mimbo. That's an invaluable base to build off of for your offense.
Speaker 1: Okay, before we officially locked that pick in, a lot of the names you've mentioned have been swimming around in jets waters right armand men who Tyler Warren. Those have been Mason Graham if and when he's available in certain classes, there's been a lot of Jet fans us circling through mockcrafts. The name that you said that we have not often had in the mockcrafts. So I think it's great to talk about it in this exercise, especially with how high you are on him. Uh, one of those million Texas A and M defenders down there. You you are high on Shamar and you already mentioned the criticism that goes against him all the time, right because fans love sex. Thing is right, sexy stats and things of this is what the hell? How many sex are going on here? So give us give us the Chamar story, give us your scouting report on him, because, like I said, that's what I would assume from Jet fans. He obviously you're you're going a different director of the pick, which we'll get back to in a minute. But on Shamar, specifically. That's interesting because, like I would imagine the ultimate the first thing people do, let me do a quick goog search on whoever the hell this guy is, and they're like, what the hell look at these sex so plea.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you see that that like four and a half sack number in his career or whatever it was a college and that that really scares you. It makes you jump when you turn on the tape with Texas A and M. Texas A and M has a unique talent to just kill defensive linemen's production. That that defensive line probably has four guys that are all going to be top one hundred draft picks. I think cash is Howell the one guy who's not drafted. Itible probably gonna be a high pick next year. And it's the scheme the way Mikelko's defense works. Those guys are just not in there that they're not going to put in a position to really rack up stack numbers. But I think she Mar Stewart probably got the worst of all of it because he was playing that kind of four I five tech role where he was rushing on the interior much more than he was on the edge. He was more playing as a run defender and a contained defender, so he wasn't just a pin your ears back, you know, rush the quarterback type guy. And on top of that, he does need to finish the sacks better. I'll say that for sure. There are a lot of missed opportunities where he could have got those set numbers up, and that's something he needs to work on. I think he's very very raw as as a pass rusher, which I think is not a secret to anybody, but I mean this is a borderline generation lifebouticism at the position that we have not seen a guy that at two hundred and eighty pounds that bends. I use the certain motorcycle lean. Usually for guys that bend like he does, they can kind of corner like a motorcycle around around the edge, and guys don't do that at two hundred eighty pounds like he does. The short area of quickness, you've already got a very high floor as a run defender. I think this guy is an NFL ready run defender. He's going to be a lot for your first two downs as a player. Whenever he gets drafted. He's going to completely shut down one end to the defensive line in the run game, So I think he I know the production scares a lot of people, but when you again very raw, I doesn't know how to use his hands, really needs to be coached up as a past rushing plan. But the tools you have to work with there do not come around often in the NFL really really values those athletic tools. So I think that's probably a guy that's going to go a lot higher than the production numbers would would indicate.
Speaker 1: Fair enough, I appreciate the take. Now I see a bunch of people saying, oh, I want to call in. I want to call in people. Drew will take your wonderful calls, and I'm sure you want to catch him on his great nets and everything else. I'm sure you want to call about That'll be in the second half of the show. So Drew will be joining us, and he'll be with us for all of these full shows outside of another situation popping up in the future. So he plans on being here for these full shows. Of people, you want to call in and debate, Apparently, as I see some of you want to do about different things, feel free to do that. You guys could do that at the end of the show, So stay tuned for that one quick follow up before we lock in this pick. Here, r and r ass this, who are you taking if the Patriots take armand Membu Because that's the fear for me. I again, I love armand Membo and we're about the lock that pick and that's going to be great and plug and play. My fear is if the draft goes a certain type of way. Camoard goes number one, Okay, Abdil Carter Travis Hunter both go off the board before the Patriots, and then what do the Patriots do? Now my gut says they take armand Memboo, And I'm like, son of a then what do we do? So in that scenario, Memboo's off the board, New England takes him. What are we doing at seven? Are just pivoting to like a a Will Campbell or is there something else in your mind?
Speaker 4: See, I'm somebody it's a lot lower on Will Campbell, and I do think he's a guard, So he's not somebody I would take to put in that whole. That's that's a good question. I am operating under the From what I've heard, I'm pretty confident the Browns would go. And then I think probably goes Travis Hunter three Abdo Carter for Mason Graham than asking genty. But you know, things fall differently on draft night all the time, and there's a very good chance that Membo could go before seven. Uh And in that scenario, I know I did just kind of talk now on Tyler Warren, but I think he is still a great fit in New York, and I think he could be the next guy up. I think he he kind of you know, I know you already have Tyler Cochlan and Jeremy Ruckert who plays kind of those they got they kind of swapped tight ends and they got.
Speaker 1: Snow Stone smart right, smart right.
Speaker 4: But you know those are more depth, like you know, the second guy in twelve personnel tight ends, and I think Tyler Warren's guy can come in and do kind of everything. So he's probably the guy I would pivot to pivot to excuse me, because I think he's just a very well rounded tight end and I think his ceiling is pretty high if he's not the greatest athlete in the world. So I don't think it's maybe a little bit of a reach on my board, but I don't think, especially with what I was talking about how thin the top of this class is. I think you're kind of blurring the lines a lot. Once those top five guys go.
Speaker 1: Fair enough, good question, R and R. So let's hit the chimes. Baby will the pick the armand Membu the Missouri offensive tackle.
Speaker 4: Yep, there we go.
Speaker 1: There you go, Arma Membu, you are the pick. You're officially a member of the New York Jets with the seventh overall pick. We're now jumping down to the second round. The Jets have the forty second overall pick. You're in the second round again. In the first round, we went offensive tackle, Arma Membu at a Missouri So now where where do immediately do you want to look around with the forty second overall pick?
Speaker 4: Yeah, this is where it gets where it gets harder, you know, because you've got a lot of a lot of places you can die down to. There are guys that fall that may not be the biggest positional need that the talent makes you want to kind of die away from the original draft plan. Like zever wats the first guy that jumped out to me. That's a guy I've heard mentioned to the Jets a couple of times. He's been connected a little bit yeah, just just here in rumors, don't know if any of that is is confirmed, but in safety is still a sneak you need, you know, it's not like it's not maybe not quite as big as a as a wide receiver or a tight end. But I think that that's a great fit. Get a Rangey Ballocks safety and Xavier Watts. You can also look at I would say, what the how the defensive line board is falling?
Speaker 1: We could yeah, sure, yeah, of course, yeah, yeah, let's uh, let's take a gander there. That's a that's a position that will rev up the fans that we're throwing over there. So yeah, let's go interior. D woh hey, now yeah, thank you Shamark Turner, who's available at this point. So yeah, here, here's a bunch of players that are available.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Now with what they've added in Freeta. So you've got a lot of big body run defenders they've added. You've got Quinn Williams, who you know, it's kind of a kind of a hybrid. He's got some past rush impacts, but he's also good run to thing. So I think you kind of need a pass rush specialist here to add next to him. Get some juice in there. First guy that pops out to me is a more Norman lot, but I think there is, you know, some major medical concerns. I think it was a back for a knee that just popped up. That something pretty concerning. There's also character stuff floating around with him. So the way this sport is fall I don't I like out for Collins, but he's not gonna add in the type of defensive lineman that New York needs, so I would probably move away from this and address that a little bit later in this draft. I would check out the receiver board too, maybe the tight ends. We'll see, do we feel about that. Jaden Higgins is another guy who I've seen floating around a little bit for New York, and I think he would pair very very well with Garrett Wilson. Their skill sets with compliment each other nicely. I think Higgins Higgins could be a big slot guy. And know a lot of people kind of they see that big body, that six y three two ten plus pound frame and kind of automatically put him is that X type receiver on the outside. But I think this is a guy that could work much better as a big slot receiver. I don't think his press man reps have gone on particularly well in college. But I think guys that are are that twitchy and that flexible at a six three and move as well as he does in the shorts intermediate level are pretty rare. He sinks his hips and stops on a dime extremely well on come back rounds to stop routes. For his size, he's a good separator for his size. I wish he played a little bit more physical at the catch point, but the athleticism and the size blend, you know, had like a crazy high RS things like nine eight somewhere in there. Wow, So I think that has absolutely in play. Seeger Watson is the one I keep coming back to.
Speaker 1: I don't He's the value of the line, first.
Speaker 4: Round safety, and I think he's a great fit in Aaron Glenn's defense that I'm timpted to pull between him and Jaden Higgins.
Speaker 1: Okay, real quick, though, let me just again. You talked about it earlier, but it's it's pff, hashim available here is all the Shader Sanders slipping stuff crap. Because we've heard a little bit of everything. He could go second overall sort of to what you just said. And then there's been other bills that a completely out of the first round. What's the truth on Shuder Sanders uh.
Speaker 4: To everything that I've heard now? Now, if you're going off on my board, personally, I have Sudar as a early third round grade. So he is not a guy that I would take that high. But I've been somebody that's pretty openly low on him throughout this whole process. I if I had to put money on it right now, I would say that he goes it to to Cleveland. I think they've pretty openly telegraphed that they haven't added anything. I think Deshaun Watson has taken his last snap in Cleveland. He fits the Kevin Stefanski system very very well. They've added their quarterback coach who has deep connections with Dion and in the past, so I think that happens. I don't think they're going to go Carter, but if he doesn't go it too, that's where the slip comes in. The Giants could pull the trigger. But honestly, I think after Russell Wilson signing, they're probably out of the QB market this year. I don't see him adding a third guy into that room. So if he doesn't go it too, I mean, there's he can slide all the way to the twenties theory unless somebody trades up. I would understand he's a weird prospect to talk about in this class. It's it's a it's an interesting debate. But I if I had to guess right now, I'd still say he goes in the top two.
Speaker 1: Okay, so you're down to it. You know, I can see what the fans would pick if we went to the fans, which when your two problet uh, yes it is, they find it more attractive. But I will be honest, the Jets need a safety. They have Andre Cisco starting at one of the safety spots they just brought in my Syracuse boy.
Speaker 4: I love and I really like Andre Cisco, and they compliment each other well. Because Cisco is a really big, physical box safety. That that's the role he really excels in. As Lener Watson kind of the opposite. He's your your protecifical free safety. He's gotta so rangy, he covers so much of that backfield, great ball skills, looks like a receiver in the in the backfield, and he's you know, just just a very rangy ballhawk safety so interesting.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because Cisco has had some of that ball hawking stuff too in his career, which has been fun. So the ability to play both would be interesting. So is if it was up to you, are you going Xavier watch over Higgins? Hey, you're the man, I know, and I don't.
Speaker 4: I don't want to disappoint the chat my first time on here. But as much as the the the athleticism is in enticing with Higgins, I think Wats is a pretty significantly higher player on my board, and I really like to fit for New York, so I probably go there.
Speaker 1: Okay, you're the boss, so hit those times. Baby. It's like safety. Xavier Wats had a Notre Dame. Baby, Hey, my father will be very happy. Is a die hard Notre Dames appreciates that. There we go, There you go, pop right him on the board, and that's going to eventually bring us to the seventy third overall pick here for the New York Jets in this mock draft scenario. Depending on technical difficulties, guys, I those all right here we get Also back to the the Mason.
Speaker 4: I don't think I've addressed the Mason. Graham.
Speaker 1: Yeah, please he slipped down.
Speaker 4: I think if he slips down, that's a card you spread up to the podium. I think he's my third or fourth player on my big ward right now. I think he would the past rush ability that he has, adding that next to Quinn Williams, and that interior would be would be a really freaky front between him and will McDonald. On the end in Quinn Williams, that's a very very stark pass rushing front. I struggle to see a world where he falls with seven. But I don't think that in a question. But if he's there, I think that's absolutely the big that's a home run.
Speaker 1: So let me ask you real quick on that. As we're working on some technical difficulties here behind the scenes. I'm curious on Mason Graham. I've heard some people say that he is too like Quentin Williams and thus they wouldn't be a good fit. What do you say to those detractors?
Speaker 4: I understand. I think the whole redundancy factor of like, especially in receiver rooms, people hate like adding in the same like arch type of receiver. I think I understand the kind of scare factor of redundancy, but I think a lot of people can talk themselves out of really really talented players in the in the face of redundancy. And I think especially when you've added as many big body run stoppers as they have into that rotation in free agency, adding in a guy with the pass rush steeling of Mason Graham, even if he's a similar architype to Quentin Williams, I don't think you let that let that talk you out of what are the three blue shit players in this class.
Speaker 1: In my opinion fair enough. And I love that because, like I said, I think sometimes we can get too cute with some of that kind of stuff and then you missed out on the player that should be coming. Okay, technical difficulties aside. Thank you Pro Football Focus for your contributions to this program. All right, we continue our draft to get in the first round we had arma member the Offitt Stack Uorder Missouri, and then in the second round safety Xavier Watts out of Notre Dame. Baby. Okay, now we pick in the third round, which again it's still wild to me. I don't know if you. I'm sure you must have heard this story, Drew that the Jets stopped it or we as fans not anyway, they were picking the ninety two there time, and then randomly after Devanta Adams trade that pick being traded for Gino Smith, we find out, oh, actually, you guys pick at seventy three. We're like, what the hell? So is it changed a lot of our mock drafts. First off, well, you know, we we've beaten that one to death, so it's just crazy that we have the seventy third overall pick. Now. AnyWho, So now we have the seventy third overall pick here in the third round. Do you've addressed a variety of positions so far? Here? Where? Immediately? Do you look here in round three?
Speaker 4: So here at round three, it's got to be either pass catcher or interior densive line. I think my first in sect is go pass catcher. I see Mason Taylor there on the board.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I'll go back to Titan.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and my one question is he there? Because I think this is a guy that has been talked about in the round two conversation a lot.
Speaker 1: That's what I heard from Jordan Reid. Right, So I was just reading a piece. You know, I love those draft buzz pieces where all the panelists just sort of spell their notebooks out, and he said Jordan Reid ESPN NFL Draft Feler, I said, man forty two would be a great spot for Mason Taylor, and like, holy crap man, the stock is like Skyrockett and apparently for Mason Taylor. So you're hearing that as well. So it sounds like he's more second round and won't be available here in round three.
Speaker 4: I am, But actually I have Gunner Helm and Terrence Ferguson, both both those tight ends higher than Mason Taylor on my board. I think is a little bit rich for my blood with Mason Taylor. And like we were talking about the value conversation earlier, he can get a guy like like Gunner Helmer Terrence Ferguson in the third round compared to Mason Taylor in the second, I think that's outstanding value. I think both of those guys are have very high steelings as blockers, especially Terrence Ferguson. He might be one of the best blockers in this whole class. I think that's a good tight end group. I also I think there's a chance that are really good Titan slipping the top of the fourth as well. Without teachers, tight end classes it's it's one of the deeper positions in this group. I did see Jalen Noel or Jaylen Nole. I think how you pronounced it? Yeah, which is another guy I struggled to see is there? But he is a second round aid for me in a pretty early one at that. He is one of my favorite players in his whole draft class. I see this receiver board. That group right there between Noel Royals and sabe On Williams is really really intriguing. Say On Williams is a guy I'm sure I could spend a whole podcast on him because there's been a lot of conflict around him in my my takes with him throughout this whole draft cycle. He's my wide receiver five. He's an early second round grade for me. I've been probably the highest I've seen on him, and I know a lot of people do not agree with that. I think this is another range he goes in. I think like Noel would be the pick here, but I think he's probably its top fifty guy. I think there's a chance no slipped the back in the first.
Speaker 1: Here's And I just want to say this because I hope you say this for every round again. This is why your expertise are such an addition, right, because we do the mock god oh a plus grades everywhere, and then you bring in and say, come on, guys, the latest stock. I'm here because this guy's that this pick or this pick or this pick, and that's that's to me terrific. It's good to know that info because, like I think, a lot of us boobs at home have no friggin idea what the proper stock is. So it's good to hear whether or not a guy is realistic or not. Because hearing that after you post the mock draft after the fact, you know, it loses some of the jews. So we want it to be as realistic as possible, you know.
Speaker 4: Yeah, exactly, And I think and there's always surprises on draft night, you know this is all these are all educated guesses. None of this is an exact science, but you do have a general outline for how but how the board is gonna a general thought about how the board is gonna fall. And Noel has been a crazy riser ever since the combine, and you tested out of this world, and I think that's the guy that's gonna go way way higher than people think so as as much as he would be a clear pick for me here, I don't think there's a chance he's there in the seventies. And the guy I'm looking at his Jalen Royals. I'll say the City on Williams debates because I know people are gonna hate that, and I do question. You know he's gonna get label as a gadget guy, much like Malachi Corley that they drafted last year. So I'll see the redundancy debates there. And Jaln Royle is the guy that pops out to me here. This is about the range I have him in, and I think there is a chance he's probably limited to the slot because I don't think he handles physicality all that well with the line of scrimmage and at the top of the stems. But I think this guy's a good separator. He's a great athlete and after the catch he is outstanding right up there with with Sadie and Williams and like Luther Burden for the best in his class. With the ball in his hands, this guy is a is a home run threat one hundred percent of the time when he has the ball in his hands, so elusive the contact balance. He plays low to the ground with the ball in his hands. He's a real threat to an offense here. And so I think it's it's really between tight end the receiver here.
Speaker 1: I do.
Speaker 4: I love Gunner Hilm, I love Terence Ferguson, and I like Dealing roy Those are all great fits here.
Speaker 1: I think we're swimming in the right water. So again, any of those that doesn't sound think he could go wrong. But how much you spoken about the depth of the tight end class, I almost feel like getting frisky and saying, who's who's going to be available in the fourth round? Tow to everything that you're saying, that maybe you could get away with avoiding the tight end now and hopefully you know, doing every rain dance possible to see if at the top of the fourth you have a gift under the Christmas tree.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think that that's that's the conversation is just which guy are you willing to pass on? Which one can you settle on? Ongoing your your your early day three route. And my gut is telling me Jalen Royals right here and send that receiver pick in and address defensive line and tight end on day three where there's some some better depth, as there are probably two of the top three or four deepest positions in this class. In the receiver class, it's pretty deep, But overall, I don't think it's it's the best we've seen over recent years. It's it's a pretty mid level, if not a little bit lower. So I think the talent drops off pretty quickly. And I think as far as late round three receiver boards go, it fell pretty well right here, so I would take advantage of that with with Royals right here.
Speaker 1: Here we go overall. Picking the third round, the New York Jets select Utah state wide receiver Jalen Royals Baby, add him to the pile for the New York Jets. Beautiful. Now we jump over to the fourth round. In the fifth and sixth that just have a bonus pix thanks to the Mike Williams Straight and me Cole Hardman trades and yesteryear, they do not have a seventh round draft choice. So now we jump over to the fourth round. This is pick one ten. Overall, Where are we going baby? Tight end?
Speaker 4: Uh? Yeah, either tight end or in here devisive line. I expect to go tight end here, but if a des A lineman really really falls that I don't think I can pass on. I'll see there. Gouver Helm's the guy that screams at me? Again, does he fall to one ten?
Speaker 1: Now?
Speaker 4: Again, there was an injury at the combine, tested really poorly, had that really brutal an ankle livery during the forty, So I would not say it's out of the question the defaults here all that much. Yeah, I think that's that's definitely within question. Okay, So we'll check out that defensive tackle board and see if there's anybody that just really screams at me. But Gunner Helms seems like the guy right there.
Speaker 1: Okay, But I love it being open, Okay.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Peebles is really really fun. I think I've got like a late second or early third round greade on him tomorrow. Coles that I absolutely love. When you look at Jamori Caldwell, you know he's that three hundred and thirty pound nose tackles. You think like he's too similar to the guys you add in free agency. You know, he's very redundant. It's just a you know, he's just gonna be a a body there to stop the run. But Jamory Caldwell, there is springs in that guy's ankles at three hundred and thirty pounds. I mean he bounces around like he's on skates. I don't understand how you move like he does at three almost three hundred and fifty pounds or whatever. He's he's playing weight was at Oregon, but he's he's one of the better pass rushing those tackles than this whole class. At three hundred and thirty pounds. He's got a very deep pass rushing back. He wins with speed a lot more than you would think for a guy that that heavy. So he I think he's another guy that slips into the day two conversation that people are not expecting, and these people's he's like, you know, I guts to interview him. At the Senior Bowl. He's not actually but tap, but hype wise, I was pretty eye level with him. It's weird out. There was like three of me stacked and I'm like that eye level with this guy. But you watch him play at like six one and two hundred and seventy or two and eighty pounds, he's very very small for a deep's tackle with three tech, but he plays so much bigger than he is. He automatically wins the leverage battle and these guys because he's eight inches shorter than everybody else, so he gets under their pad level before they can do anything. And he's just throwing you know, guys that are eight inches and thirty pounds taller than he is, bigger than he is, around like they're nothing. His past rush ability at that size that he is is pretty special. I think I would say it's out of the question. He falls out of the fourth So for me, this is between people's Caldwell and Helm, And as much as I love those two defensive linemen, I don't think I can pass on Gunner Heelm right here with how the tight end is and how how much of a cliff there is after Gunnerhelm. I think between Gunner Helm and Terrence Ferguson, I think one of them is probably there at this point, so I don't think that's out of the question.
Speaker 1: All right, let me ask you one more because I saw it asked in the chat here. A popular name in jets Land has been Harold Fan and Junior the China at a bowling Green. Yeah, you haven't mentioned him at all? Do you hate his guts? What's going on? There there a.
Speaker 4: Kind of actually at a it's been a guy that I have tried to avoid talking about on podcasts as much as I can, because if I don't have anything nice to say. I tried not to talk down on these guys. And in the fourth I don't hate the shot. I think I've got a fifth round Greene on him, So it's not that much of a reach on my board. But to me, I think if you're going to be especially I think the Jets mean an inline guy, somebody can play three down in line white, and that's not to me. If you're gonna be a two hundred and thirty five, two hundred and forty pound tight end, you have to move like brock Bowers or move you know, you have to move like a slot receiver if you're gonna play spot receiver. And I just don't think Harold Finnon moves like that. I think he's he's actually one of the more unathletic tight ends in this whole group. I'll also being probably the smallest, which is not an NFL combination. Typically small and slow is not what you're hoping to get in a skill set. Now, I know he was historically productive, you know, one of the best tight end seasons, if not the best, in colleforotable history. And I understand that. But my personal position as a draft analyst is I throw production out the window that is not factor, and then my great scale with all production stats don't dream a whole lot to me because I think they have a severe lack of context. And I think when you watch the tape, it kind of shows you the whole story. And with Harold Fannin, I just I don't think he moves anywhere near well enough to justify his size. I think this is more of a guy that's gonna play power slot h back role than it's true in line tight end, and I don't think he's quite the level of separator and athlete that you need to play in that position. So compared to guys like like Gunner Helm and Mitchell Evans, I think that I would I would certainly lean those two, especially for the rule the Jets need. But I know the eighteen hundred yards or whatever he put up is very enticing to certain people.
Speaker 1: By the way, I love that. Soone asked about fan and so we could get that take from Drewe terrific, all right, So it sounds like the pick is we gonna hit him. It sounds like you're a gunner Helm tight end at of Texas guy.
Speaker 4: He is, he's my tight end four, so like a third round grade. So this is this is a great value for him here.
Speaker 1: Okay, there you go, gunner Helm. The Texas tight end is to pick in the fourth round for the New York Jets. And I'm glad that you brought that up about the ankle, because I saw the picture after he like turned his ankle before the forty yard dads or like he had like a false start, had to go back. They powered through into the entire workout, like man. That shows some That shows some guts, That shows some hutspud that he was willing to power through after all that, because a lot of people would have just checked out. We see that all the time.
Speaker 4: In the He's very similar to to Zeber Resreppo, Miami's receiver at his pro day. You see guys that get hurt right before and they play through it anyways, and then you see like Restrepo's case, it was a four eight and then Gunnery Heilmer in like a four nine three, and you see those horrible forty times everybody freaks out, but I think when you when those injuries come out afterwards, it really kind of boosts them because you see that grit and the competitiveness to want to test through those injuries. And another guy, I'll go ahead and mention, which is kind of the opposite of what we've been talking about. A guy that could be there at one ten that PFF didn't have falling is a guy from Miami, Elijah Royal, tight end out of there who he is a top fifty player on my board, uh, just based off tape. I think he's an outstanding receiver of my tight end three. I've got like a mid second round great on him. But the knee injuries have been a plague with him. He only played one healthy season in college and then he went and had another knee injury at the Stenia Bowl. Or he had a great week, just unfortunately got hurt there at the very end. And I think because of those injuries, despite you know, again being a top fifty player, just purely based on tape, the injuries and the lack of production outside of his one season with cam Ward could really see him fall. I don't know if he falls out of the top one hundred, but I wouldn't say it's out of the question. And even with the injury risks, if Elijah Royo is there at one ten, uh, I think that's a guy you you sprint up to the podium. I think he is outstanding. I know the knee injuries are scary, but I think you know you're just you're you're weighing you know, risk and reward there, and I think Arroyo has a an incredibly high ceiling. I think he's a pretty rare athlete for the tight end position. You don't see guys with the long speed that he has almost ever in tight ends. I think he's one of the better blockers in this whole class, a very natural separator, his hands, his hands catcher, he extends at the catch point. So I'm not saying he will be there by any means, but I think he's one of the guys we could see slip on draft night, and it would surprised some people because the league is pretty scared of the knee injury. But yeah, if he's there, yeah, I wouldn't say that's out of the rum fossibility at all.
Speaker 1: Well, it's good to hear because he's been a popular pick. To your point, with everything that you've heard, I've seen him frequently inside the top fifty in mock draft scenarios. But again, mock draft scenarios and actual scenarios don't always end up coexisting together there for obvious reasons, So that's kind of curious. Also, let me ask you, is there anyone else that the public i'll say, for lack of a better word, is higher on than where you believe someone will be drafted, Like, we'll be surprised to see that insert player ended up falling further than we thought. Who would that?
Speaker 4: That's an interesting one because there's a lot of guys I could hit because this this draft guy specifically, there's been a lot of I think that the media and the general consensus has kind of ran with some things that the league is not in line with Kelvin but both the offensive tackles that are the very top, like Will Campbell and Kevin Banks, And we already mentioned Will Campbell a little bit earlier. I think he's probably gonna go much later than people think. I would not be surprised at all to see Will Campbell fall into the twenties. Kelvin Banks could fall out of the first round. He's in the seventies on my big board currently, So he's been a guy that's been in like office tackle one conversation. I wouldn't surprised to see him slept. I know Tedoro McMillan, who's been a guy pretty popular to at seven, I think could slip into the mid to late twenties, and I wouldn't be surprised at all. He's another guy I've been kind of historically lower on compared to most people. So I would not be a fan of that pick at seven, and I don't think the Jets will do it, but that that would be a tough one for me to spend personally. But those are probably the three guys that popped in the pop in the mind that could slip to the twenties, orming out of the first round in Kelvin Banks situation. But there's a lot of that in this draft. Sackle. It's it's been a fun one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we'll continue to check out with that again as we continue to work closer and closer to the twenty twenty five NFL Draft. We're now in the fifth round again. The Jets have two picks of the fifth round. Two picks of the sixth round, no pick in the seventh round, and we've addressed offensive tackle, safety, wide receiver, and tighten. Now we're here in the fifth what position do you want to take a closer look at?
Speaker 4: Drrewe gotta finally be D line here, and I think there's gonna be a guy that jumps off off the page because his D line class is so deep, and I think you're just looking for a guy that can add some pass rush juice. Yeah, not not exactly the board I would love. I know Tim Smith has been a guy that gets talked about there. Ze Biggers is a great athlete in his size to get a pretty deep back. Cam Jackson is a guy that I love. He's been talked about as a pretty big range. Ty Robinson is another guy I really like who tested out of this world. The combine to me, this is probably between those two. I think your Stackhouse is a pretty good athlete, but I don't really love his tape. Cam Jackson had an awesome Senior Bole week. There's some stamina concerns there in his size and he's playing at like three hundred and thirty three and forty pounds or whatever. It maybe such powerful hands. I mean he just has hammers for hands, really throwing guys around. Again, I know on on phase value he's got that bigger nose tackle body looks like just a run stopper, like a lot of what they've added, But I think he's got a pretty high pass rushing stealing. Robinson is another guy who is a great hybrid. You know, can provide himself on early downs and run defense, but he can also get get after the quarterback on third downs. Like I said, the athleticism there is out of this world. He tested extremely well, another like non something RAS guy. So for me, it's probably between those two. I really like Ty Robinson here just okay, provides a little bit more pass rushing juice than Cam Jackson, does a little bit more athleticism, quite as much run defense. But like you said, you already stuff have been only added that in free agency. So I like to fit for Ty Robinson here.
Speaker 1: Okay, Well we will go with that pick before we move on. Actually this is totally unrelated, but you mentioned just a few minutes ago Technic, a wide receiver out of Arizona. An old clip of Tet McMillan has gone viral on social media for those who have not seen it, because I know some people are don't haven't heard about it, but I hear other people talk about the comment section. From what I believe and understand, the full context is always important for whatever that means. A tet McMillan and the watersever Arizona. That's a consensus all over the place. People see him in the top five, top ten, first round, all over the place. There is a tape of him eating in a cafeteria when he was a freshman, and he's being interviewed by someone and he's asked about watching tape and tape study and things of that nature and watching football, and basically in the middle of eating whatever the hell he was eating, he just said, I hate all that. I don't like watching tape. I don't like just watching football. So sort of like kind of all paraphrasing and rolling up into one. Does that mean anything? Does that mean something? I remember Miles Garrett coming out he'd liked to write poetry and be going I don't know, like, I don't know, does it mean something, doesn't mean nothing? What's your take on me?
Speaker 4: It's all a nothing burger to me. I think you're not gonna find somebody lower on TET than me. And it's just I think people have really run that top ten hype, and he's a second round player for me, so people have really jumped on that, and I think this we've reached the part of the draft process where people are going to try to find just just grasping at straws to attack these guys character and get them to fall. And it's really sad to see what happens to some of these guys because this is a nineteen year old kid. When he said that clip, I mean he had not developed anywhere near the player and the guy he is today. And also I mean even if it was, you know, if he said that yesterday, people don't realize that there's a ton of guys who are incredibly successful in the NFL who hate watching tape. If you're if you're not a quarterback. Now, if a quarterback has said that, he might be off the board, I'll go ahead and tell you that right now, that's a problem. But for a guy who's a receiver, I believe he's physically said the clip outside of his position group. He doesn't watch film on his own at all, which is what a ton of receivers do, and those guys watch a ton of tape with their position groups, their poditional coach, and outside of that watch much at all. Now the great ones do, and it's not you. You. You want a guy who's just obsessed with the game and non stop watching his own film and whoever he's playing the next week. But I think for a nineteen year old kid, and especially one playing receiver, I don't think that impacts his draft stock at all. If you were high on him before, you're sill high on him. If you lowering him before, you're still lowering him. I don't think it changes much.
Speaker 1: By the way, Drew, it makes a lot of sense that you would be okay with guys not watching tape. You don't want people to trying to take your job. Ted McMillan security here, and I respect it, all right. So let's let's hit the draft jimes once again. Maybe there defensive lineman Aunt of Nebraska is to pick here in the fifth round, the one hundred and forty fifth overall pick for the New York Jets. There we go, Ty Robinson, Welcome to the New York Jets. Now this is the Jets' second fifth round draft selection. They picked one sixty two overall. Do the New York Jets again. We've addressed offensive tackle, safety, wide receiver tied, and interior defensive line. What's to pick here with our second fifth round draft choice? True?
Speaker 4: See, this is where it gets kind of fun because you're down, You're down in the weeds. You're in like mid to late day three. This is where, really, you know, boards start getting all over the place because you really get into the into the bottom depth of this class, and I think you've hit all the major needs right now, so you can kind of float around and go just as player available, whoever's falling. This is where it really gets kind of fun. So I would look at probably like boundary corner, see if the guy's falling there, because I think, you know, that's still a sneaky need. Now. I don't think this quarter class is very deep, so okay, like Robert Longer Beams, a guy that kind of looks at me because I think in a in a quarner class full of a guy, a bunch of guys who are gonna have to be slot slot DB's, I think Longer Beams is one of the few guys that can stay outside He's a good athlete in a very long frame, lanky arms. So he's a guy O Donald Fortune is probably a little bit later on my board, but he could go. Tommy Hill is a guy who who's a track star in high school. He's very, very athletic, probably a slot dB. I don't know if the Jets need a nickel pared to an outside corner.
Speaker 1: They do not. They have Michael Carter, the second the highest pad nickel defender in football. They feel pretty good.
Speaker 4: About, okay so and Tommy Hill. He's a guy that probably has safety flexibility as well to get some safety and we already took Stavir Watts. He's one of the few guys people like to interchange nickel and safety is kind of the same position, and I don't agree with that at all. I think they're very, very different. Tommy Hill is one of the unique guys that I think has the flexibility there. Mac McWilliams. That's a guy who who had a pretty nice season atu CEF after transferring from my current school u AD Go Blazers. Yeah, there we go. I think he's a guy that that's a pretty good athlete. Jabar Muhammad is another slot dB. I really really like it's got some flexibility. I think he could play outside in a pinch. But as far as this this boord has fallen, I don't love it. Tommy Hill is the first guy that jumps off the board or longer beam, I don't hate either one of those of that.
Speaker 1: Pick another position then.
Speaker 4: Could you? I know I was about to say, run. I feel like almost every single team you want to take advantage of this running back class. Sure, I know you've already got bringing on Allen back there. You've Gatarees Hall not in a lot of room in that running back room.
Speaker 1: Isaiah Davis is in there as well. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, maybe this is a place you wait in grab a ud fa body if you just really want to take a shot. But I think in a running back room that that's stable, probably not somebody you want to use.
Speaker 1: I would just say this though, if you, if you, if there's a guy you love here, the only conversation is Brestall's center in the last year of his contract, So it depends on how you Slashed the Jets feel about him. Is he staying here long term? Is he not all of a sudden what he appears to not be a need today? Could be a need tomorrow.
Speaker 4: So and I'm I'm kind of in the camp. I hate to say it because I can consider myself kind of a traditionalist when coomes to football, but I am kind of in the same camp where you just don't sign running backs to new contracts because in the modern NFL world, that's just how good teams operate. You know, you get a guy, you get your four years out of it on the cheap deal, and then you let him go and you draft a new one because running backs are just unfortunately replaceable.
Speaker 1: You're sitting in front of this beautifully autographed Derek Henry jersey.
Speaker 4: I know, and that's that's that's what hurts me so bad because he made be following love the football growing up watching it, watching Dereck Henry, you run for two hundred yards at a why zone every single week. But that's just how how the NFL has shifted. And I think, you know, you see a resurgence with the guys like Eric Henry in Baltimore and Saquon in Philadelphia, but I still think, you know, you you very much want to live in that cheap sweet spot of just never having to spend money on running back and like Trevor Etn is probably the highest guy on my board right here. I think he's a very very well balanced, flexible back. You know, he's probably good in past protection, solid route runner, very very good contact balance. He's a guy that that's incredibly balanced as a runner. Not the twitchiest athlete in the world, not gonna, not gonna have that unreal burst at the first level, not a track store, but just runs very very low to the ground, very very balanced. I do like the bet running back board, but I don't think there's a guy that really jumps out as like a solution in Breese Hall next year.
Speaker 1: What about quarterback? Is there? Is there anyone here has an interesting one? Although I don't know if I believe some of these stocks here, Like I've heard a lot about Tyler shut Yeah he's not hearing Kyle McCord. I don't know. You could tell me I'm higher on my Syracuse people, so I may give you a different answer than the rest of the world. But I don't think he's gonna be here. But it's up to the world, I guess to determine that one.
Speaker 4: I will say I Calviccord is a weird one because I think He's kind of been all over the board right there, there's not really like consensus is not really set in stone with Calviccord, He's floated all over the place. I wouldn't be shocked to see him here. Max Brosber out of Minnesota has been another one of my guys throughout a lot of this class. I love Max Brosmer's tape. He's a guy that has dealt with some injuries. Not the most physically gifted athlete in the world. When it comes to throng with timing and anticipation and functioning within the the timing of the offense, he's one of the best I ever watched, flat out. If this guy was more athletic, I think he'd be in the in the conversation for one of the top quarterbacks in this class that good. I think the de factory is something you have to work on. But uh, I think with Kyle McCord here, that's kind of the first guy that jump jumps out to me. It is probably one with the highest ceiling. The developmental guy to sit behind Justin Fields Field doesn't pan out, you know, I think if that doesn't happen, you're probably looking at drafting a guy next year. But you know you're you're here in the in the late fifth really no risk involved here. You're you're taking a flyer on a guy that could work out in Kyle McCord. And I don't hate that pick. I think that's okay, a quarterback of that kind of value here this late somebody with you know a little bit of kind of that fearless gunslinger and Kyle.
Speaker 1: Baby, Okay, I guess that's a pick that there's no question about it. Baby. So Kyle McCord, quarterback out of Syracuse, one hundred and sixty two overall pick in the fifth round of this mock draft scenario. We only have two picks left. Let's let's go through them. Here. We're now in the sixth round again the judge of two six draft, which is their own, and then an additional six they picked up coming from the meat Cole Hardman trade previously. All right, what positions are we immediately looking at here, Drew to round out this draft.
Speaker 4: I'm probably going to edge here. I know you've already got, like you know, Will mcdaland, you got a pre solidified top into the edge room. But uh, in the day three is world where you can get some some good rotation.
Speaker 1: Or see he's tweeting about this guy speaking ton.
Speaker 4: I love some Fidiel Diggs. I do have questions about him following this far. I know consensus still has him in the two hundreds. But this is a guy that I've got a late fourth round grade on him. I think Fidield Diggs is a really awesome athlete. He's got some great burst, a good first step, pretty good men around the corner. I don't think he's a guy you want to have on the field, uh in run defense. I think he's probably a designated pass rusher agat you put on put on the field on third downs, just got to pin your ears back. But I really really like him. Is John Joyner still on the board. He might be a little further down. I think PF that's pretty low on that guy, joh Joyner.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it looks like he's not here. I missed him off to Yeah, okay.
Speaker 4: No, yeah, that's usually he falls into like the two hundreds on PFS. But interesting, Fidield Diggs is far and away that the highest guy on my board here. And like I said before, I think this is the guy that, uh you probably don't want on early downs early in his career. Maybe he develops as a run defender a little bit early, but starting off, you know, he's a guy that that adds immediate juice as a as a pass rusher on third downs that you put in rotationally. He's a guy that's a great speed rusher. Got a really nice rip move. He's flashed out really dangerous inside spin that that he doesn't show often, but when he did pull it out, it was really really effective. I already mentioned the riff the bend. He's very, very flexible and can kind of do the motorcycle leaning around the corner I was talking about. So I think that's a guy that had some injury concerns I believe to a Syracuse while he was playing, but when he was when he was healthy, you saw the burst just kind of fly off the tape. His Miami game was was outstanding. He really really had a massive impact on that that Miami offense when they played Man.
Speaker 1: I can think of another Syracuse guy that had that spin cycle move. I can't quite place his name. Hall of Famer super star guy. Oh who knows good foot deal digs be that X quite free. Any baby that would be sweet. But let me so. You don't think, though, that Diggs would make it this far, you don't believe.
Speaker 4: I don't think that's have a question by any means. I don't think it's crazy, unrealistic. I know he's still in the two hundreds on unconsensus on the PFS boards specifically. Yeah, right now, I think he could be a guy that goes as early as, like, you know, the early one hundreds. But I don't think it's it's out of the realm the possibility that he falls to the late one hunters by any means.
Speaker 1: Okay, so this is someone you'd love to steal away from your Tennessee Titans and to give a green and white jersey to That's what.
Speaker 4: You're while I'm here, I'm a Jets guy, while I'm here, while I'm in the seat. So so I'd love to see Fidil Diggs gale right here.
Speaker 1: Back to back, Syracuse guys, you love to see it, baby, one hundred and eighty six overall. In the sixth round, the Jets take Edge Dresher Fadil Digs out of Syracuse, Yes, bleep and sir, which takes us to the final pick of this mock draft the Jets final selection two oh seven overall in the sixth round. It's the last pick. This is mister irrelevant for the New York Jets as far as I'm concerned. So where are we going here?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm probably looking at a dB here. We haven't addressed that. We'll see if any any of the down corners kind of developmental. The day three guys have fallen right here.
Speaker 1: All right, let's take a gander here.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Tommy Hill still being there is kind of intriguing. I like mc McWilliams in this range too. He's a guy that's it's a pretty good athlete, really physical with a line of scrimmage. There's there anybody a little bit lower that that I haven't talked about that maybe I've missed, or Muhammad still being here. I like mc McWilliams honestly because I know we've already talked about them having that nickel position really solidified, and I think Tommy Hill and and Jabar Muhammed are more nickel defenders. And I think McWilliams can really live on the outside right there. Really really he just churns his legs when he runs because he's kind of a guy that's that's got shorter legs, but you don't really see a lot of DB's. You see guys that have really long strides, like the dairy and porters. In this draft class. Mac Williams is the guy that you just see that the legs just pumped when he runs, and he's really good bumped and run with the line of scrimmage, got a strong punch and press coverage. So I like McWilliams here.
Speaker 1: Okay, there you go. The last to just comment. Someone said kicker, kicker, kickers.
Speaker 4: I will say, uh, kicking scouting is not my expertise. We might need another guest on the podcast for that. I haven't scouted any kickers yet in this draft class.
Speaker 1: I appreciate.
Speaker 4: You know. I'm not gonna try to go out to my wheelhouse here. I have no idea what I'm looking forward kickers. Maybe a UDFA guy you bring it in a camp there.
Speaker 1: Okay, there, you know, I appreciate the honesty because you could have just tried to you know, speaking of kickers, Yeah, I.
Speaker 4: Got the Senior Bowl'll not recognized the name, but past.
Speaker 1: That touche fair enough. So let's put it in baby. The final pick of this New York Jet seven round mock draft. Mac McWilliams the cornerback at a UCF with the two hundred seventh overall pick in the sixth round. Good Lord, have mercy and uh you know, as the mincraft fished up here, we're gonna throw this up, gonna like it. Yeah, well we'll see, uh yeah, a lot of well, a mixed bag. There's a's and b's and B three. But they did not they give you an overall draft creative receive plus. But again, I think it's important to note for all of these mock drafts that we're putting up here is that they create it based on if you listen to their own rankings, and if you did not, jeez, we hate your guts. So I appreciate that, and I just have to say, drew right up the TEP before you go any further, a round of applause. This is the first seven round mock draft of this cycle, and it takes a very daring man to be willing to put themselves out there, especially to hundreds of people watching live here on the show and giving your draft takes throughout the throughout the part of the program. So just thank you. Pal. Appreciate you.
Speaker 4: Yeah, thank you. I always love the opportunity to get on here and talk about some day three guys really getting the weeds. This draft talks, So I appreciate the opportunity.
Speaker 1: Okay, so let's do this. We will open up the phone lines, and I'm sure people have wonderful things to say Drew. I surely love it. Yeah, there's no question about it. That was a contenus say plus rock draft. How could anyone have anything else to say about it? So we'll do this. We'll play a quick f time out here, and folks, well you'll have your chance to call in and say all those wonderful things to Drew. After this Boy Green Daily continue.
Speaker 5: Ball of Green, Buddy Budding, Talking Jets, football man.
Speaker 1: Ball, Buggy Day, Buggy Day, Buggy Neil just football Club on this specialties watch Chests football with my Green Jay Gee yest chess chest Chest.
Speaker 2: Let's go.
Speaker 1: What that handsome devil just said? The phone legend? I opened it as a pin comment on YouTube dot com slash Boy Green two five. If you like to go onto the show, we'll open up the phone lines for a couple of minutes. Here, answer a few phone calls before we sign out of here today again to say mock draft Monday. This is Drew. He'll be joining us every Monday throughout the entire draft cycle. Appreciate the people that are watching us live. We also have a plenty of people that prefer the audio only versions. They don't have to see my ugly mug, which I can't blame that for it. That makes a lot of sense. So thanks everybody for tuning in so far. And this is someone that at the beginning of the show said can I get on with Drew, So I'm not surprised that he is collar number one waiting to speak with you. Drew. Here we go. Ricky New York joins us here on the show.
Speaker 6: Ricky, Hey, how's it going man? Good job?
Speaker 7: Like, hey, I respect so much watch you guys put into it. You know, someone was talking to me last night and saying, like, you know you would be good at that. I'm like, with my work schedule, I don't have time to dive into every single prospect the way that I wish I could. I mean, I probably watch more film than most people, but still like there's so much work that goes into that.
Speaker 1: And.
Speaker 7: You know it might not be your wheelhouse. But I'll tell you what our future kicker was at the senior bo with Ryan Fitzgerald. I mean, one hundred percent on field goals and extra points last year, including fifty two fifty nine yarders.
Speaker 6: He hit a sixty two yarder at his pro day.
Speaker 7: Uh my team college team sucked last year, but our kicker was bulletproof man.
Speaker 6: Well he was awesome. So so uh, there there's a there's a tip for kicker for you can't can't go wrong with.
Speaker 1: That guy that we needed the entire time. Drew Okay, that's yeah, you have money here.
Speaker 6: Okay, beautiful right right on.
Speaker 7: And uh, you know, I just got done listening to ag speak. I was kind of listening to that and listening to you guys at the same time. And Uh, I like what he had to say about Jordan Travis. If he's healthy, he's going to compete. He was a damn good player in college. He got better as far as being able to read defenses, and uh, that's what you look for in a guy. So that was kind of encouraging to hear that.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 7: And I also like the fact that he, you know, talked about sauce and Garrett. You know, we got good players. We're going to keep them like we did with sure would, so a lot, a lot of really good stuff to unpack it there.
Speaker 6: I'll tell you what.
Speaker 7: I feel a lot better about Brandon Stevens too after listening to AG's comments about him. So, uh, really really good stuff a lot too unpacked there me personally, I uh, dude, I'll tell you what.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 6: AG keeps talking about speed.
Speaker 7: And of course, a team is never going to tell you what they're going to do before the draft unless they're the number one pick, you know, because nothing can change that. But the way that he keeps talking about speed and how speed can change the game, I think he's coming as close to telling us as he could without you know, actually doing it.
Speaker 6: And uh I did.
Speaker 7: I did a mock myself this morning, so and I'm gonna and it was crazy. I was watching you guys mock and I was like, damn, there's some late round guys that I usually snatch in a heartbeat that that aren't there for for these guys.
Speaker 6: But uh, you know, I just I just pick what's there. But I'm gonna give you my mock from this morning.
Speaker 7: Uh, And the only criticism that I have about any of the mocks that I've seen people do is it seems like people are picking who they like and not picking who Aaron Glenn.
Speaker 6: Would like as far as like speed. Uh, you know, but but at any rate, I'm gonna give you.
Speaker 1: Before you give us your mock draft. So earlier in the conversation, one of the reasons you want to coin is you said you want to debate draft philosophy with Drew. What was that draft philosophy You wanted to debate that?
Speaker 6: That was actually exactly what I was just mentioned.
Speaker 7: So many of the mocks that I see, it seems like the guys are picking the players that they're really high on and not thinking in terms of who Glenn would be high on, you know, based on the comments that he's good with us.
Speaker 1: All right, so let me go over to you, Drew. What's your response to that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean that's absolutely fair, and I think that's that's one of the faults of draft media is that the people you really can't be intimately familiar enough with all the schemes in the league. You know, everybody's gonna feel slighted because you know, I'm not familiar with anybody like deeply familiar outside of Tennessee by any means. And I do think like Xavier Watts. I think is a guy that would fit really well with erin Glenn, But I'm not nearly enough familiar enough with his defensive scheme and his philosophy as a coach to to fully match all of these picks. So absolutely, yeah, I was fully going off my own board there, And I'm sure there were some great fits that would work really well in New York that I that I missed in there. I don't know. But as I go on as an evaluator, I'll be able to learn some more about how the rest of the league, how their schemes really develop it, and learn to to kind of match some of these these mock drafts better. Yeah. I think that's that's a very very fair criticism of so many draft evaluators, And it's just you can only only know so much about so many schemes around the league.
Speaker 1: Okay, so let's do this. So Ricky, you're going to reveal our mock craft. Now, Drew, you get to turn the cap backward. You get to go on, Ricky, Now you get to grade the ship out of his The last hour. Right, You're like, what Midia, this pic this?
Speaker 7: I know it's not you, not at all, which I mean, Uh, I'm I'm guilty of some of the same things. Like you know, I know all about my Florida State guys. But then the teams that we play too, whether it's Ozzie Tropio at Boston College. Uh, Danny Stutsman that we played in the cheeze At Bowl and he was like a missile. He was everywhere hitting everybody. Uh Like, like, you know, the competition we play I'm also familiar with. But I just try not to let that because I've seen some like really really good draft people. But then it came to like and you know that they're like say a Michigan fan, and then it comes to like an Ohio State player and they're like, I'm not really sold, and it's like, I think I whooped your ass last year. You mean you're not sold. So I just try not to let my own personal bias come into it. But anyways, uh, which this is starting to be my new favorite pick at number seven. But h number seven, I took Matthew Golden.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 6: Number forty two, I took Tyleek Williams. Seventy three.
Speaker 7: I took Ozzie TRAPPEO one ten, Terence Ferguson one forty five, Ty Felton UH one sixty two, Danny Stutzman one eight six JJ Pegeez, and two O seven Q Robinson, who does fall in a lot of mocks. It was off to a monster start and then got hurt. And I think that really hurt his stock. But I think that could be like a gem as a pass rusher at the ass end of the draft. But that's that's what I got this morning. And like I said, I kind of tried to do it, you know, based on speed, based on the things that Glenn said. And I got a four point two nine wide receiver and a four point three three wide US so not too shabby.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's pretty good, Ricky. So Drew, why don't you a judge or give any of thoughts you will on Ricky smock there. Yeah. Absolutely.
Speaker 4: The Matthew Golden one at seven is really really interesting. I mean I don't hate it at all. Matthew Golden is pretty much dead even as far as as as grades go. With Luther Burden from my wide receiver one. I love Matthew Golden's tape. I know he ran a four two nine, but I think when you see him on tape, he's probably more of before four his guy. I'm also I'm somebody that kind of goes away from athletic testing too. I don't use athletic testing at all in my grades. But you see Matthew Golden tape, I don't think he's limited athletically at all. I think he's a very natural separator. He's got some of the best release packages off the line of scrimmage in this class. He doesn't struggle with press man coverage at all. I think he's one of the few guys in this class too, that can play all three receiver positions. I think you could put him at X and he succeed. I think he probably works best at ZEE, but I know Garret Wilson's played a lot of that role. I think you put him a slot and he'd excel as well. So I think he's very very flexible there. But yeah, I think he's great at the catch point too. He doesn't get enough credit for how well he tracks the ball any here. He throws his hands up late. He's very very developed as a receiver. So I actually really like that pick. That's not what I've heard before, but I think that's a great pick. I think he said Tyler Williams in the second yees as well, which yeah, and I love the way he pairs with Quenton Williams. I think KYLEI Williams is another guy that that is one of the best, right there with with Alfred Collins for the best run defender in his class. I mean, he just collapses that interior because he's so strong, nice through double teams. He's a great hand fighter. His anchor and run defense is just unbelievable, and he never gets moved off the point of attack. And I think he's kind of undervalued as a pass rusher too. He's got he's got some some really nice like his club move is really nice. He's got really heavy hands, is a pass rusher, so he can really add some juice to that room. I think that's a great fit in New York. I've seen that pick mocked a lot, and I really like that one too. Uh his third round pick.
Speaker 1: Was but no, that's good. That's good. I just wanted needed to get.
Speaker 4: You mentioned the ty Felton pick on Day three too, which I will Yeah, I love as well, I do question if he falls that far. I think he's probably an early day three guy. But if he falls to the one forties, you know, I think that's that's a great pick. He's a very very natural separator, great short area of quickness. I don't know that he has the long speed to kind of vertically separate and take the top off of defenses, but he's a very very good route runner. He separates well. He had a head injury which is kind of scary this past year, but which kind of kind of limited him late in the year. But he's a very quick, natural separator.
Speaker 1: Drew, do you have a random insult to throw? Ou don't come out to get to like kind of mix it up when you're analyzing a draft that's in the comments in the media. You put up a mock draft and you're like, hey, nice, Mack, you idiot or something. You know, you should have got to mix Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I was trying to trying to keep it nice. My first time on here, I thought that's my fourth round pick. Was the first one I heard that. It wasn't my favorite, but overall, actually I thought it was a great draft.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, there you go play nice now? But then once you kind of get familiar, then I was just you're part of the family and we could start a mugging on each other.
Speaker 4: Then yeah, yeah, I gotta get comfortable here first before fair enough.
Speaker 1: I appreciate the your Maxie basically cut of your Jim Pal. I like how you're constructed here. Yeah, we got four other people in the room, like the video hit subscriber on for only a few more minutes. Here, let's go to chef Kevin Gilbert. What's up?
Speaker 7: Oh?
Speaker 1: Do local? All right? Jeff? Where the hell are we?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm I'm outside on the balcony. Man, a little uh, a little under the weather.
Speaker 1: Man, so oh okay, Nah, I appreciate that.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 2: Got the the football stuff, Man, that you guys are doing was great, Man. I just uh, I wanted to call in, you know, show support and all that stuff. Man, just because like with the with the early morning shows. Man, like a lot of us I see him in the chat, Man, a lot of us are like consistently here every single day, man. And and with you starting at the time that you start at, man, like knowing that you got a family, you know, you got the wipe, you got the kids and all that, and you still got your day job going on, man, Like you know the squeezes in Man, it's highly appreciated.
Speaker 4: I know how big you are on.
Speaker 2: The cord just because you know Syracuse quarterback all that stuff. This is this is my thing, like and and and and I love Ricky. I don't want step on his toes.
Speaker 1: I know you know.
Speaker 4: He's a big Jordan Travis guy. I get it.
Speaker 1: I like him too.
Speaker 2: Is just with the hell stuff now with us having three qbs right now? Ford, what what is the plan? Like this this can't be a long term thing is a short term. I just wanted to feel out why did we make that pick?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'll let Drew speak for the pick in a second. The other thing I'll jump in to say is like, I'm kind of with you. For those who don't know Ricky New York, for new people to the Joe, he is a Florida State fan. To me personally, I'm pretending Jordan Travis doesn't even exist. If I'm if I go in the room and the Jets invite me down into a speech, I'm like looking at it, everybody, I'm pretending like he doesn't even exist. I'm like looking through him, because like, I don't think you can count on him for anything now, fairness, AG was speaking at the same time as boy green Day, like, come on, Jet, stop stepping on my toes here. I thought I had this time flat but edy of you, okay, But in all seriousness, I didn't hear anything AG just said. So I have no idea. I'll listen to it when I'm on the drive into the radio station. But to me, I can't expect anything out of Jordan Dress and quite frankly, the Jets can't either. If he is anything, right, you roll up the trade. He's of course going to be on the ninety man roster, regardless of the drafts, draft Kyle McCord or not, and then let's see what happens in training camp.
Speaker 5: But right now I can't even pretend he exists. This dude, let alone play the game. He hasn't even practice. We're talking about practice and going on Allen ivers in here, but what the hell? So I've got no expectations for Jordan Travis if he ends up being something phenomenal. The Jets took a rest by drafted a guy who was already severely injured and going through a rehab process, and sometimes the rehab process goes this way. Sometimes the rehab process goes this way. It sounds like it went the ladder unfortunately, and hopefully he recovers.
Speaker 1: So that's the thing for me. Now, I will be honest. I before the show started, it may have even been at the beginning show, may have been on air. Me and Drew were talking about positions for the Jets and kind of going each each other's notes, and he did not mention quarterback. I'm the one that brought up quarterback to him. So I'll throw it over to Drew for actually being bullied to pick Kyle McCord. Go ahead, Drew.
Speaker 4: Yeah, for me, Jordan Travis was not really factored into my decision making with that pick. He could be a guy that works as that third emergency, you know, practice squad quarterback there. But I think with the injury issues combined with I wasn't really high.
Speaker 1: I don't.
Speaker 4: I don't think I had a draftable grade on him coming out because I don't think he's a little athlete. I don't think that the between the ears is good enough to make up for the lack of athleticism with Jordan Dravis. So I don't think he really prevents you from I don't think he's in your mind at all in your draft strategy. And with Calum McCord, I think that's the guy to throw in there to compete with with Justin Fields. I don't know that I expect him to be a starter at any point in his career, but I think when you're in the one sixties, with the value there, Kala McCord has the potential to be a very very high end backup, you know, a top end backup in the league, and when you look at that as a very undervalued position and to spend a mid to late day three pick and get somebody who can be a plug and play starter at a point if you really somebody go down. I think calle mcord can win you a game here and there. But you know, you see Justin Field, you let him have his kind of one year try out here, and if you're less than you'd expect, you know, maybe you go after this really really stacked quarterback class next year. I'm extremely high on the twenty twenty six QPS and you'd like cal McCord be the rollover back up there. And I think this is a guy has has very very long term back up potential. So I think Jordan Travis wasn't really factoring into that there. But I think if kylevic Cord is what I think he is, he's a guy that has the potential will be a plug and play starter, uh and it just be a very very long term, high end back up.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that makes sense. And I appreciate you, Drew with your your knowledge on these drafts. Uh, these draftees. Like just like what Ricky said, like, I don't I don't have the time, Like I listen to you guys. I do my own kind of stuff. I watch the games during the year, you know, take some some little mental notes about certain players that kind of stand out, you know, kind.
Speaker 4: Of follow up as it goes on.
Speaker 2: But yeah, a solid job with you. My my other thing is h schemes obviously with defense, where we know with Robert sala with with his scheme and all that with defense was just like the D line pressure, pressure rotating, just having fresh legs and all that. Obviously this year, I don't think that's really what Glenn is gonna be doing. So to have like a lot of depth at that position, I don't know if that's at the forefront. Do you see any other needs as of depth pieces on defense that you really think that we really need a stack up on.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I did mention boundary corner. I hit that a little bit later than I wanted to, because I think in Detroit Aaron Glynn played a lot of pressman coverage and I think you made a pretty deep corner room with that, especially on the boundary, So I think that is probably higher on the list once you get to day three and you're just going for depth pieces, I think boundary corners something they should hit on some a little bit earlier than I did. Yeah. I do think that the pass resportation is probably not going to be quite as big as it was under the Sala kind of administration in there. But I do think you probably need a little bit more pass rush juice than just quinnin Williams because it's a lot for him to take on by himself. And I love the additions they made in Free AMC as far as is supplementing run defense there, so you have the freedom to just go in and get a pen your ears back, you know, and these people's or over Norman lot. If you go after somebody like that in the draft. Yeah, I think Boundary Corner is probably the most underrated depth piece that they could use. It's such a man coverage heavy system.
Speaker 2: Like agree, because that's basically what helped them in the playoffs last year with Glenn just losing peace and he was just basically getting like practice squad secondary folks just to kind of fill in the gaps or whatever, and they still did a pretty decent job.
Speaker 4: So yeah, it makes a lot of sense.
Speaker 2: Uh. I know, you gotta run guys, just you know, today for for as maniac madness. Man, I'm on the second show. Coffee Club members, you know, come out show your support, man, you know, going up against a good dude in Bonesy.
Speaker 4: I got a relationship with.
Speaker 2: The guys, a good dude and all that, but you know, when it comes to the battle, when it comes to nitty gritty, you know, I'm against him. He's not a coffee Club member. You know, I'm here the trenches. You know what I'm saying, Rick, Ricky, and why he you know, he's also you know, we're pushing where we're coffee club members. We're doing this stuff. Meet Beg already said it before a month too. All go about us doing something this year at a tailgate for a game, there was one team named that that was mentioned all whatever, Just so y'all know, man, Coffee Club, show your support being the chat MANMA, I'm gonna show love at that at this tailgate for the for the Coffee Club members, I'm gonna show love. I'm gonna take my notes to make sure. I'm gonna take care of y'all. Man, take care of me, please, damn straight.
Speaker 1: Chef Kevin Gilbert, Baby, for God's sake, shure your gads darned love. That's true. Will have more details to come on a Jets game will be taking over and Chef Kevin Gilbert will be doing the catering for that food an important piece of the puzzle. I do just want to say this in case it's not obvious, because right like Drew, I've just met now for the first time in prison, so hopefully he gets my vibe. But I want to say to the same for Ricky. He says, BJA wished to try to come at Drew. It all just to help you look. And I'm joking around. I'm goofing around, guys. It's all jokes and stuff. I love for free. Chef, Kevin, go just call Ricky, call you guys can call and have healthy debates with Drew. And absolutely, I mean Drew for the first time here. Virtually we talked over text, but now this is awesome. I wanted to be friendly banter. You know, the draft is a draft. We all have different opinions, different takes. It's a good time and I think we can all just have a passionate conversations. We can all disagree. There's nothing wrong with that. I think that's a fun part of the process, unless you know, I think it'd be boring. Ever, everyone just had the same big border. We're all this. I guess this is it. I guess this is what happens. Debates good.
Speaker 4: Absolutely, that's what kind of makes you fall in love, or at least me, it makes me fall in love with draft media because when you talk about this, like you said, everybody's boards are so different, and at the end of the day, draft evaluations are educated guesses. You know, we watched the film. We predict on what these guys are can be, but nobody knows. It's not exact science, and I don't ever, I think that's a that's an unfortunate part of of what drafts. Media, especially social media, has become where people take disagreements as personal attacks. I mean, I don't ever see it that way. I love debates anytime people people disagree with me, I want to talk through absolutely. I never think especially Rickey, he came in, seemed like a very very smart guy. I didn't take any of his his disagreements or his mock draft is a personal attack whatsoever. I love the debate that kind of stuff, So I just appreciate everybody being here, everybody calling in. I love the debate and I'm never gonna, never gonna take a fense to anything like that.
Speaker 1: I love it all right. Make sure you guys follow him on Twitter at Iron City Film for all the juicy deets everybody. Sorry for the callers that are remaining. I can't get to you have to run to the radio station. But thank you so much, and make sure you guys call in next time again. A seven hour mock draft takes more time content wise, then I'm sure we'll have other conversations in the future where the phone lines will be more open and available. Drew, that was awesome, brother, and can't wait to do this every Monday. Moving forward, Its gonna be a lot of fun, man.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that was a ton of fun. Thank you again for having me on here.
Speaker 1: All right, Thanks everybody. We'll see you tomorrow morning for a boy Green Daily. Hey Drew,