Speaker 1: Welcome to Dorkying Out. My name is Sonya Mansfield and Houston. We have a problem. Joining me is my podcasting sister from Another Mister and the co host of Dorky Out, Margot d Hello, my friend.
Speaker 2: Hello, my friend. It's the only line anyone remembers.
Speaker 1: I know, so I thought I would mix it up. It's really more of a question, we have a problem.
Speaker 2: Eh.
Speaker 1: I would like to see all the alternate takes on that line reading. Now say it like you're mad a problem. Now say it like you're happy. We have a problem.
Speaker 2: Well, they had to say it normal because that's how they were trained to And that's also what's weird because for the all, you know, usually problem indicase that thing's wrong, and so people get a little panicked.
Speaker 1: Yes, uh, it would have come out like this for me.
Speaker 2: Here's dad.
Speaker 1: And if you don't, no, no, we're doorking out. About nineteen ninety five's Apollo thirteen. It's directed by Ron Howard, screenplay by William Broyles Junior al Reinhurt and it's based on the book Lost Moon by Jim Lovell and Jeffrey Klueger, and it stars Tom Hanks. National Treasure Tom.
Speaker 2: We talked about him before, Yes, just.
Speaker 1: A little bit. I feel like he's come up just a few times on this podcast. Kevin Bacon, Bill Paxton, Gary Sinise, Ed Harris looking fine at Harris and Kathleen Quinnlan. Did you see this in the theater? My friend?
Speaker 2: I think I saw it opening weekend. I was so excited to see it. Me too.
Speaker 1: It played at my movie theater, so I saw it at some point over that opening weekend, and it played at our theater for quite a long time because the movie made a gazillion dollars And I loved it then and I still love it now. Guess what spoilers. We super love it well. I mean I can't speak for Margo. Margo, do you still love it?
Speaker 2: Of course, of course I still love it. I brought it up.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was a Margo pick.
Speaker 2: It was my pick.
Speaker 1: Yes, it's just it's so well. First of all, it's what my friend Jennifer calls competency poorn where like everybody's really smart and good at their jobs, and we like to see it. And also the movie's kind of a miracle, because how do you make something tense when you know the ending?
Speaker 2: But you would tell me stories about people would come to the movie theater they didn't know what the movie was about.
Speaker 1: That's true.
Speaker 2: I would explain to them, Yes, someone mean that happened in their lifetime.
Speaker 1: Like an older man too, Like an older man who was probably, i'm going to say, a teenager probably when this happened. And he was like, do I have to see the other twelve to understand Apollo thirteen? And at first I thought he was joking, like hah, yeah, but he wasn't joking. He was very serious, and I was like, no, it's about the you know when they went up and they couldn't land on the moon, And he seemed to know what that was. But yeah, he didn't put it all together, I guess.
Speaker 2: But.
Speaker 1: I guess when I saw it, I had heard of it, you know, I knew how it ended, but it was still very intense. And it was still intense this time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, No, I know, the tension is there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And it's just there's so many good things. I love the cast obviously, and they're so good at it, at what they're doing here, and they cast a bunch of really likable people that we don't want them to get trapped in space and there's this great scene where Tom Hanks like explains to his son what they're going to do when they go up there, Like he shows them on the ships, like with the toys, like we're going to do this, and then we do this, and we do this, so it's like we understand how it's supposed to happen, and then when it goes wrong, that's the part where I always get really confused.
Speaker 2: You're not quite as sure what they're doing.
Speaker 1: No, but I still really like it. Like I know that you know, something with the oxygen tanks happen and they lose all they have to shut down power and things like that. But I may not understand all the technical aspects, but I think the movie is still dope.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's solid. It's a solid, true historical drama, and it's got a little bit of like if you don't know what's going to happen. I mean, it does have a bit of a mystery to it, but it's also fun watching smart people figure shit out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, exactly that I did read that they took almost nearly for verbatim, like the transcripts from the recordings that the conversations they were having from the space. I was gonna say spaceship, but I mean it's technically a space ship, the Shuttle and Houston, so a lot of that is very accurate, except for the Houston we have a problem where I guess he said, okay, Houston, we had a problem here or something like that. But that's fine, it doesn't ruin the movie. Let me ask you something, would you do you have any interest in going into space?
Speaker 2: No? I don't. I find space interesting and I do like shows about space, and I do like documentaries about the Space program. I find it really interesting. But no, the thought of being in zero gravity doesn't excite me. And the thought of just being up there and there's nothing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's scary.
Speaker 2: Yeah you don't want to fly up with Katy Perry huh fuck, No, that's terrible. She might dance or something and yeah, oh she might sing again. Ew.
Speaker 1: I also don't want to go to space. Uh. I would never stop vomiting, basically. I know this for a fact. And I also like to watch all the documentaries. It's the same like I also like to watch the ones about the ocean. But I have no interest in good and in one of those submarines and going down there I'm like, right, that's cool. You just show me the footage. It's I'm good now.
Speaker 2: I remember when The Right Stuff came out. I was reading that book and I remember very distinctly, and I was like twelve and reading about there were a couple of the the pilots. They were training them. They had to be superhuman first. They had to be male. That's that was important. They didn't have any women up there, but you had to. You had to go through all You couldn't be nearsighted, you couldn't have any blemish on your record as far as like your psychology or they just like they were searching for people who had like iron nerve right, and they didn't know how long you would be up there and what it would be like to be in zero gravity or whatever. So I remember there was one part where the men had they they how do I say this, But they gave.
Speaker 3: Them a lot of food and laxatives, and then they had a duck walk and they couldn't make an error, so they had to walk like oh yeah, and that image stuck and they did it like okay, if that's what I gotta do, yeah, because yeah, to them, it's mine over matter. It's just whatever, like the in door, whatever indignity they have to And I was like, I am not made of the right stuff, like this snow.
Speaker 2: My stuff is way off key compared to theirs.
Speaker 1: My stuff is way.
Speaker 2: Off It's not it's not near not they need. So I've always went like that's always stuck in my head, like pilots have been through that. And I love the the first woman that went into space. I think they they thought her period might happen. So what did they put like one hundred and thirty tampons? It was it was like a ridiculous number.
Speaker 1: Right, it was going to be up there for a couple of weeks, I think, right.
Speaker 2: And right, it wasn't that long. But they but like nobody, no one knew the correct number. So they just were like, I get they aired on the side of caution, but like, but oh my, like we would never be out of the bathroom if that was the case.
Speaker 4: But anyway, they're so smart about all these other things, but not that not that right, Yeah, I mean, I guess it's better to be safe than sorry, but okay, but yeah, anyway, let's talk about Apollo thirteen. So it it's telling the story of these three astronauts that Neil Armstrong and buzz Ald, they've all already gone to the Moon and like they've done the walk, and like Jim Lovell played by Tom Hanks, has been up in orbit. He's orbited the moon, but he hasn't landed on the Moon. And he it's like his dream. He wants to get up there. And I love his relationship with his wife in the movie. And Kathleen Quinlan is so good in this, and you know, he's just he wants his he wants his moment. He wants to get on the moon.
Speaker 1: And his team is Bill Paxton and Gary Sinise. And this is right after like this is a year later after Forrest Gump.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and the Stand. He had a big year.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, that's right. I love the Stand.
Speaker 2: I love that's good.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I haven't watched the new one, the later.
Speaker 2: One, but we should do that one day.
Speaker 1: The Stand, the original one. Oh yeah, I'm down for that anytime.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: I was a fan back in the day of that one. Oh good, that would be fun. But I never read the book, so you would you would be bringing the knowledge. So they are training to go up, but they're going to go on Apollo fourteen, and another team is going to go on thirteen. And then something happens that they they get the call they are they are going up, and also in that process, they find out that Gary Sinisee's Gary sinise has been exposed to the measles. And this is back when we all cared abouts.
Speaker 2: About Public House.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so there's a whole thing about he can't Now he can't go up. What if he infects everybody? What if it uh yeah like breaks out and get it? Yeah yeah, yeah, so he he can't go, and they replace him with Kevin Bacon, who's kind of like a younger, hot shot guy. And now they're getting right, you know, they're doing all the training, and it is really sad when he has to tell Gary Sinise like, you don't get to go, and you know, he's super bummed out and he I feel bad for him. And Jim Level is such a such a boss that he takes the I guess, the blame for it, even though he does, Yeah, it's not his. It wasn't his call, Like, I mean, his call was they could wait and go up another time, or they could go up with Kevin Bacon, And he decides to just go up with Kevin Bacon. So it was like kind of his call, but not really, and he says like it was my decision, and he just he's a really strong leader, and I like how he is. He is nice to people and he knows he seems to know everybody's names, and because you're trusting these people with your life. But also he is very direct and clear, and he doesn't put up with bullshit, like when they're all arguing up there and he's like, that's enough, we have to get home, Like who cares. So I really appreciate his character. Think this movie does a really good job of showing how fucking scary it is to go into space.
Speaker 2: I think it's scary. Also. I remember when I was reading the reviews for this movie to see the movie, and I think it was Roger Eberts. He said at one point, like, the power used in this laptop that I'm typing into right now is more than they had on that ship at that point, Like at some point they had to shut everything down. And that's a terrifying thought.
Speaker 1: So terrifying, and just the technology that they had in the sixties and early seventies, they were able to send someone to the fucking moon and still have a camera and talk to them and they could breathe and eat and piss and all the stuff that they're doing up there. And I just can't even believe how fucking scary that must have been to just get in a space in a fucking rocket and a rocket and they right and send you up there when you have no idea what to expect. Now, we have little phones that we bring with us everywhere and can answer like every question for us, and we can reach out and talk to people anytime we want. And here's this thing like forty fifty sixty years ago where they could send them up into nothing. It's that It's very scary to me. Yeah, it sounds absolutely terrifying. And I think they do a good job of all three of their performances, Kevin Bacon and Bill Paxton rip And.
Speaker 2: I know I was thinking about that, Yeah, I was. I was doing some work on my carry book. And Bill Paxton was friends with Sissy Spaces husband Jack Fisk. They were like from the same place, I think, but he started as an art director and he worked for Jack Fisk, and uh, when in Carrie, there's like a point where they were talking about outside of Carrie's house, there's a sign that says Paxton Realty. And I was like, I'm like, oh, that's so sweet. They had something for Bill and I'm like, god, he must have been super young then and now he's gone. And it's he was so good and everything he did it, oh good, always great, and he could do comedy and he could do drama and he could just do everything. And everyone just said he was the nicest person. And it's you know, that's what you see.
Speaker 1: Yeah, how can like someone who can play someone like Hudson in Aliens and or in Weird Science, make what.
Speaker 2: We fucking do?
Speaker 1: Yeah, make yourself one digweed? Like he could play someone like that and then play someone like this who you could tell is like he's just so good. Yeah, yes, and he's like got like a whole herd of kids and a pregnant wife and oh I love Bill Paxston and I miss him as an actor. He was so good. Oh it's so good. And where was I going with that?
Speaker 2: They?
Speaker 1: Yeah, go up to space. Everything seems to be going well. It's interesting that they are going to show. It's it's already old news that people are going to the movie.
Speaker 2: Right, it's been like six months since it happened, So they're always like they're already like what else is on? Is laughing on so shitty? Like dun Smoke? Should we watch that?
Speaker 1: Yeah, they think there's gonna be there. They have the cameras on and they're giving them a tour the shuttle and they're doing their like jokes and like trying to be really educational and give people like something really interesting to watch, and like all the networks, all all three of them have already cut away from them. They're not interested, like we've already been to the moon wat like such old news. And it's so sad when they're just like, no, we'll just tell them after they land, and they just keep going giving the tour, doing all the funny things, and his wife, Level's wife is there just going oh, it's so like it's such a big deal that they're in fucking space and everyone's.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and that's the way it is.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean yeah, I mean it's true.
Speaker 2: But it is also like it does show you like how rough it must be for an astronaut's wife to be. You have to be perfect, you know, for all the press, when you must be an anxious person like me. I couldn't handle it.
Speaker 1: No, no, there there's a whole thing about Lovel's wife. That's Kathleen Quinlan. She has like a nightmare that something happens up at space and that he's going to die. She starts to get really nervous about it. She's like, maybe I don't go to the launch, you know, And he is very nice about it. He's like, well, you always go, but you know, okay, like, and he can tell she's making a lot of excuses, but she decides to go anyway at the last minute because they super love each other and you want to it's a big deal, and it's a big fucking deal, like yeah, like going into space, so you know. She she shows up and then the whole thing with like the shuttle or the rocket takes off and they're immediately sworn by the press, and she says to Bill Paxton's wife like, remember, we're happy, proud and thrilled, and immediately they're like, we're so happy. Oh my god, I couldn't be more proud.
Speaker 2: I'm so thrilled. This is the greatest thing ever.
Speaker 1: When really I would just be at home, I would I.
Speaker 2: Would be in an old bathrobe, smoking cigarettes, pacing, just looking really rough.
Speaker 1: I would show over it. I would show up at your place, Margot with a box wine in my old robe.
Speaker 2: Let's just let's just do it.
Speaker 1: Let's just watch some dick cab it and cry and drink this boxed wine.
Speaker 2: It's yeah, it's unbelievable, Like just how much stress that is on the family, and just like what do you do with that stress? Do you watch the rehearsal by the way on.
Speaker 1: I haven't watched it yet, but my friend Rain was telling me, She's like, you're missing out.
Speaker 2: You need to. Yeah. Yeah, because Nathan Fielder, who creates that show. This season it's all about pilots, and it's airline pilots, and he he's trying to figure out, like how can you lower the risk of crashes and he's just looking into the personalities of pilots and he decides that there's so much hierarchy that's used that a person that is of lower rank is going to just automatically divert to their boss. And it's in those split second moments that you have to be free to say no, you did that wrong. I know this is supposed to be over here, it can't be there and that would save lives, like basically, but there's such a hierarchy and it's like they're so strong willed to do what they do that they have to believe in it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that is so interesting. I hadn't even thought about that, right, Well, now I'm definitely going to watch and check it out. Isn't that supposed to be a comedy.
Speaker 2: It's supposed to be a comedy. And it's like, I'm not usually the biggest fan of cringe comedy, and he's really all about cringe comedy. Like, yeah, he does things way too long and holds the beat way too long and all that stuff. But it is really interesting, I mean, and it's like everyone's interested in like lowering the number of crashes except for the guy that runs the yeah thing now, except except for that guy, God Duffy of Real World Boston, the lumberjack from Boston.
Speaker 1: So embarrassing, so embarrassing. Yeah, he doesn't seem to care, but the rest of us do. Yeah, that would be great, We would love to lower plane crashes. That's you, but that yeah, go ahead, sorry, but.
Speaker 2: Well he comes up with a script and he's like, you say, you're Captain all Ears, and I'll be Captain Blunt or something, and Blunt just says what's on their mind without any kind of fear of retribution, and Captain all Years is supposed to be like, no, give me feedback. If I'm doing it wrong, you need to tell like and so it's but it's also trusting those things.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so anyway, I'm watching this tonight. I'm watching this tonight. Like that that applies for aviation, it would also apply to any job, I think, Like, yes, I definitely as someone who works in tech, I know a lot of bosses who could It would be lovely for them to get some feedback.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, people get to a certain level and they don't get feedback. But and I think it's really interesting in the movie that there's a whole sequence where Jim just has to do regular math and that's all. And it's not, well, it's not math I could do obviously, it's physics or whatever it is. But everybody there, I mean, it just goes back to that old school stuff. Yes, And my mom said when she married my dad, because my dad was a math nerd, he had that instrument that they're using, Like they're all measure.
Speaker 1: Oh, it's like a ruler, but with like a ruler, yeah, with a thing with a slide thing.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: And she's like, I would play, you know, solitaire, and your day would do that, like when we couldn't sleep, Like it was just.
Speaker 1: Like everyone's brains are so interesting.
Speaker 2: So interesting and different exactly.
Speaker 1: But I'm glad you bring up the math part because something, you know, something goes wrong on the shuttle and they have their Houston we have a problem and they're trying to figure out what the problem is. And there's all these very smart people in Houston and they're led by Ed Harris, who is wearing like a vest that his wife makes him, I guess, and it has like a little patch on it, and you know he's got the hair piece on. He looks he looks very handsome. He does, and it's I looked it up. Ed Harris has like never won an Oscar and I'm like, how can that be, because I feel.
Speaker 2: Like he's been nominated though, right he's done. He was.
Speaker 1: I think he's nominate for this movie. Actually more on that later, but he has never won, and I think he's going to be one of those people that like is going to get an honorary Oscar someday or or he's going to live for a really long time, and then eventually they'll be like, oh shit, Ed Harris never won an Oscar, Like.
Speaker 2: What was he in last year? Oh he was in this thing and he was pretty good. Great, let's nominate.
Speaker 1: He's definitely going to get one of those. Yeah, it's gonna happen. But and again, he's very very good in this about like failure is not an option, like just just putting it on the chalkboard, like they are here, we need to get them here, figure it out, right, And he gives them room to like to figure it out. And I think the scene where there's like a breakoff, like a group that kind of splits off into another room and they're like, you need to figure out how to like make a filter for their air so that they're not breathing so much CO two And here's all the things in the shuttle that you can do to to maybe build a filter. Make it fucking happen, And they do it like they're so they're all so smart.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and the problem solvers.
Speaker 1: Yes, And back to the competency poorn. I'm like so hot.
Speaker 2: That somebody's like looking for someone else to do their I know, and also like not being lazy. I mean also just taking accountability and going in there and just rolling up for sleeves and just doing it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all of those things. Meanwhile, Gary Snise, who didn't get to go up, is like sitting at home. He's like drinking, He's like watching Dick Caveot. He's like all pissed off, and they finally like show up and get him because they want him. He knows the inside of that shuttle better than anybody, so they've got him. Him back there now running like different scenarios and trying to figure out ways. And there's this scene where Kevin Bacon, his replacement, says like, I wish you were here to see this, and he says, I bet you do. I just thought it was so so spot on. And Sinise is so good in And he's another one too where I'm like, someday he's probably gonna get one of those Lifetime Achievement oscars because he probably should have won for Forrest Gump. But he's really good in this too.
Speaker 2: Yeah he will, he probably will.
Speaker 1: I mean I think he lost to Tommy Lee Jones or something. And I mean that's a pretty good performance too.
Speaker 2: So what do you get? Yeah you can't.
Speaker 1: Yeah, let's see where are we now? Oh yeah, so they're all working to try to figure out how to get them home. You know what, This would be a good double feature with hidden figures.
Speaker 2: If you liked hidden figures, yes, oh did you? Oh no? Oh?
Speaker 1: Interesting?
Speaker 2: No, we did a book versus movie about it, and the original book and the original and the real people the women that are yeah talked about and what they put on that screen are two different things. And it's not nearly as good as it should. And it also makes Kevin Kevin Kevin Costner. It makes Kevin Costner the white Savior. Oh yeah. Yeah. There's like a bathroom scene where he like takes down it and it's something that never fucking happened because they took down the colored signs when they put them up every time. Yeah, so it's like less of.
Speaker 1: A okay, yeah, so it's a very Hollywood version of that story exactly. Oh okay, well then never mind, let's just pair it with the right stuff then.
Speaker 2: Which is too long, So it would be like.
Speaker 1: I would be an epic double feature.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it goes on I mean that movie goes on and on and on, but I yeah, they're they're both about people putting their lives at.
Speaker 1: Risk for science, yes, which hits me in a sore spot right now, Like we're in a country that is shitting all over science on a daily basis. So maybe that's another reason why the movie was hitting me in a soft spot on this U because you know, we've got to I mean, Elon Musk is running his SpaceX and I'm like, his his stuff blows up, like every week something's blowing up. And I'm like, we've literally sent people to the Moon and Mars and things haven't blown up. So I don't know what he's doing wrong. I have a lot of thoughts and feelings about Elon Musk, and that's for another show. Yeah, that's for our other podcast. Yeah, but yes, all these people are smart and they're doing the right things. There's I think the movie also does a really good job of showing the toll that going into space is taking on them as they're they're powering things off, so they're starting to get really cold. The Bill Paxton character like it's a urinary track infection. He gets like a crazy fever. Oh it looks really off. It sounds awful, sounds off, like, imagine being sick and you're in fucking space. That sounds terrible.
Speaker 2: Have you ever flown sick? I have? Yeah, when I should. I probably shouldn't have, but I wanted to get home kind of thing. And I was on a business trip and I remember it was like a UTI situation. Oh and it was the longest flight of my life.
Speaker 1: That sounds miserable.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm sorry, friend, I wouldn't do it now, but I'm all.
Speaker 1: That makes me sweaty just thinking about Oh oh no. And there's they do a lot in this movie that is, they are confined to this very small space in this movie and still like so much is happening. And there's this argument between the three of them in which the Kevin Bacon character is saying that they are doomed and that Mission control knows it and it's not sharing that with them because they don't want them freaking out, and they are like they get into an argument about it. The Bill Paxson characters really sick all of that is happening. And that's when like Tom Hanks comes in and he's like enough, like we're just trying to get home. We're not we're not doing this. We're not looking to blame people.
Speaker 2: We're not.
Speaker 1: Focus you know, focus here. So they I guess eventually, like Gary Sinie's character figures out a way for them to save some power by like reversing something, and then on top of that, someone else figures out a way to use the Moon's gravity to like slingshot it back to Earth. It's it's I'm putting it in the like most language.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you don't have to explain it, so you get to it, Okay, just get do it. Yeah, get to it.
Speaker 1: So they are coming back. Meanwhile, the press has shown up at like Kathleen Catherine Quinlan's house, like the press is which is so gruesome. They're just like waiting for her to like come out and cry and like, I don't know, be upset for them. It's so the press can be so gross, but they I do think it's kind of funny that like Buzz Aldrin and Neil Armstrong are there and they're just chilling with the old grandma.
Speaker 2: Like it's just like, yeah, have you heard of my son?
Speaker 1: Like yeah, him, yeah, to her last summer, Yeah, to her the most famous astronaut in the world is Jim Lovell, And meanwhile she has the two most famous astronauts in the world pouring her iced tea and trying to distract her from any kind of bad news that might be coming across as the TV. Across the TV, and there's like Jim Lovel's like oldest son is at a military academy while all this is going on, and he's watching at school and I'm like, y'all can't give him the day off.
Speaker 2: He can't be in the principal's office watching this with all his friends. Yeah, I'm like, what if it explodes, Like what are we Yeah.
Speaker 1: Give the kid a day off. Man. Anyway, so they you know, do their slingshot thing and they head back, you know, the thing comes and they are out of touch. They are like in a blackout for like four minutes, and it's like the longest four minutes in the world, waiting to hear if they are alive, and you know they are, and they splash down and they come out and it's like it's such a like America like moment, and I love an America moment. And you know they're good and everyone's happy and they're all celebrating back in Houston and they do a really quick voiceover to tell you, like what happened to everybody? And like Jim Level doesn't go to space again. And the stuff about Bill Paxton's character was really sad, like, yeah, he.
Speaker 2: Dies, Yeah I know? Or no, is it Kevin Bacon that dies? Uh?
Speaker 1: No, I think it's the Bill Paxton? Oh that he Oh no, you're right, it is the Kevin Bacon character. I'm so sorry. He runs for Congress but then before he even like takes his seat he dies of cancer or something like. It's a lot of really there's some sad stuff in there, but but the movie itself is not sad. And I just think it's really really fucking good, y'all. And if you're looking for an America fuck yeah movie, this is the one. This is a good one.
Speaker 2: He died in nineteen eighty two.
Speaker 1: As he was running for Congress.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's just sad. Yeah, he's buried in Fairmount, Colorado. Oh okay, what happened to jack Swire East? Did? He was fifty one? Wow?
Speaker 1: Jim Love is still alive? Dude's like ninety seven?
Speaker 2: Wow? Yeah, isn't buzz Aldron still alive? Oh? My?
Speaker 1: God, is he Let's look at.
Speaker 2: It, buzz Aldron, uh Aldron, let's see quick facts. Is he fucking alive?
Speaker 1: You're all that should be the quick bag.
Speaker 2: Now he's ninety five.
Speaker 1: He's ninety five, Oh my gosh.
Speaker 2: Ninety five that is and he got married a year ago, two years ago. Conka four, that is a that's she's his fifth wife, fourth wife.
Speaker 1: Wow, that's optimistic right there, Yeah, it is.
Speaker 2: Damn.
Speaker 1: What about Neil Armstrong. We're all just googling astro he's eighty Oh no, he died. He died a eighty two. He died in twenty twelve. Okay, but imagine even living, they go into space, they put their bodies through this really traumatic thing, and the fact that they could still live that long.
Speaker 2: Damn, you're going to be shocked to find out that aunc is a lot younger than buzz what thirty years? I mean, she's in her sixties. So it's not like it's, you know, she's an adult.
Speaker 1: It's not a Bill Belichick.
Speaker 2: Sit a Belichick situation.
Speaker 1: She has to be younger, like what if she wantn't. I mean, she's ninety six, she has to be so I read that John Travolta was actually really interested in the Tom Hanks role, but.
Speaker 2: He was sure because he's a pilot.
Speaker 1: Yes, exactly, but he was politely turned down. John Cusack was offered a role that went to Bill Paxton, and I'm like, he might have been good.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Brad Pitt was offered the role that Kevin Bacon plays, but he turned it down to do seven, which was a good I mean for him, Yeah, good choice for him. And then this is the perfect Kevin Bacon role. It is, and he's like, he's perfect for it. He's great. I love Kevin Bacon's Kevin Bacon's one of my guys, you know where they talk about like actors that you just love. I love Kevin Bacon, even when he plays a creep. Yeah, I still love him. And then I guess. Gary Sonise was invited to read for any character he wanted, and he chose the Ken Maddingly character. So good for you, Sonise. The movie was nominated for nine Oscars, so I thought we would like to go through the Oscar nominations instead of instead of all the other movies. Let me, I guess we'll start with Best Picture. So nominated for Best Picture, other movies sense and sensibility.
Speaker 2: I've heard of it.
Speaker 1: I like it. L Postino, the Postman, never saw it, never saw it. Babe, that's the Pig, same Babe.
Speaker 2: That'll do pig.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that'll do Pig. I love Babe. I think it's very cute. And then the winner was Brave Heart. I remember really liking Brave Heart at the time, but now I wonder if I would really like Brave Heart.
Speaker 2: I remember liking it too, but I remember like thinking, I'm never gonna watch this again.
Speaker 1: It's it's not a movie I've gone back to ever now and it's not what I would have I would have gone with Apollo thirteen for Best Picture over this. Actually I probably would have picked Babe because I thought.
Speaker 2: It was so good. You're a vegetarian or vegan.
Speaker 1: I am a vegan. It speaks, it speaks to me.
Speaker 2: Oh.
Speaker 1: It was not nominated for directing, so we'll just skip that. Best Supporting Actor Ed Harris was nominated, as he should be because he was really good. Other people nominated Tim Roth for rob Roy.
Speaker 2: I don't even remember that.
Speaker 1: Rob Roy was like the TEAMU. Brave Heart like came out that year, was like the same kind of thing with Liam Neeson and Jessica Lang. I actually I shouldn't call it the team MoU Braveheart because I remember actually really liking Rob Roy and Tim Roth plays a villain and he's very Sheriff of Noddingham. Brad Pitt for Twelve Monkeys, Yeah, James Cromwell for Babe, and then Kevin Spacey for The Usual Suspects was the winner.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's another thirtieth anniversary right now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and he's really really good in the movie.
Speaker 2: He's great in the movie.
Speaker 1: Yeah, dude, sucks. Good actor though. Catherine Quinlan was nominated for Best Supporting Actress. Other people Kate Winslet for Sense and Sensibility.
Speaker 2: Mm hmm.
Speaker 1: Mayor Winningham, Georgia, do you want to how do you pronounce her name again?
Speaker 2: Georgia?
Speaker 1: No, Mayor Winningham, Mayor of Winningham.
Speaker 2: That's the show, the Mayor of something or other.
Speaker 1: And then Joan Allen was nominated for Nixon, and.
Speaker 2: Then yeah, I don't remember Nixon at all.
Speaker 1: You're I think you're fine. And then Marror Cervino for Mighty Aphrodite.
Speaker 2: She played a prostitute. Yeah, that's a thing at the time. You play a prostitute, you get an automatic yeap oscar nom and you usually win. Yeah.
Speaker 1: My apologies to Mikey Madsen who just one, but she also played a sex worker. Best Writing Screenplay, adapt sorry, adapted Screenplay. Il Postino was nominated again. Haven't seen it Leaving Las Vegas hilarious.
Speaker 2: That is such a fun movie. Oh my god, so fun, babe.
Speaker 1: Apollo thirteen I already mentioned that, and then the winner was sense its sasibility Emma Thompson, Yeah, which I like that. And then I think Apollo thirteen one. We don't need to go through all of these, but it won for score, it won for sound, and it won for I want to say, yes, film editing. So there you go.
Speaker 2: Is that your list?
Speaker 1: That's my list?
Speaker 2: Okay, So this is the list of the top ten songs for when this came out. I think it was June thirtieth, ish on there, okay, nineteen ninety five, so number ten, Montel Jordan. This is how we do it.
Speaker 1: Heay, I know that one.
Speaker 2: We know that one. Number nine a Dina Howard freak like me.
Speaker 1: Okay, I don't know that one. Actually, I feel like I should know most of these, so but not that one.
Speaker 2: Number eight I'll be there for you. You're all I need to get by Method Man and Mary J. Blige.
Speaker 1: Yes, I do know that one, and I really liked it at the time.
Speaker 2: Number seven TLC Waterfalls. You couldn't escape that song that summer.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I feel like you still can't. I love TLC.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Same, Number six Boys to Men water runs Dry. I don't know what that's.
Speaker 1: I don't know that one, but it probably sounds like all their other songs, so yeah.
Speaker 2: For them, I'm sure it's in harmony. Uh. Number five Scream Michael Jackson and Janet jack.
Speaker 1: Oh, yeah, yeah, yeah, I know that one.
Speaker 2: Number four Nikki French Total Eclipse of the Heart.
Speaker 1: Well, I know Total Eclipse of the Heart, but I don't know that version.
Speaker 2: No. And then number three Notorious Big One More Chance.
Speaker 1: Oh all right, yes, yes.
Speaker 2: Number two, don't take it personal, Monica.
Speaker 1: I don't know that one.
Speaker 2: I don't either. No. And then Bryan Adams number one have you ever really loved one? Oh my god, I'm sure that's don Juan DeMarco.
Speaker 1: Yes, that movie played at my movie theater, So I heard that song five times a day pretty much every day for like two months. Uh, and I never liked it, you never no, And it played over the end credits, and the end credits had like Marlon Brando and Fade Dunaway dancing together. Oh, and it was like it was just awkward and weird, and we all hated cleaning that theater because the song sucked. But at least we know some of the songs this time, so yay for us.
Speaker 2: Yeah, versus last week where we were totally shut out.
Speaker 1: That was hilarious. What else are you dorkying out about? My friend?
Speaker 2: I saw Hacks last night, me doo, and I really enjoyed it. Me too. It was the season finale. I like, I don't like it when they're fighting. I like it better when they get along.
Speaker 1: Me too, same.
Speaker 2: But I'm glad they they've been through what they've been through. I love that show. It's so smart, couple's therapy. I've been watching it's on Paramount.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, And what do you think?
Speaker 2: It's just it's very addictive, like you just it loves you, like all these different stories and some of these couples you root for, and some of these couples are har a fine yes, and you don't know what they're even what they see at each other much less. Yeah, why you know, I it's it's really it's so interesting and some of these people you wind up hating so much. Yeah, but but then it turns out they're really messed up.
Speaker 1: And yeah, it's a it's a fascinating show. And like, I don't are you watching the current season or are you catching up?
Speaker 2: I'm catching up because I don't have showtime, so I think it's just the first few seasons are streaming on Paramount, so I've just been like watching them. Yeah, but I've never watched it before. But the therapist is really good.
Speaker 1: She is really good.
Speaker 2: She's really strong. I mean, that's got to be a stressful job.
Speaker 1: So stressful. I don't know how therapists do it, and that I don't know how they don't take sides like I would want to. Yeah, I would want to jump in and be like no, no, no, we don't talk to her like that, you know, but she does a very good job of holding boundaries and pushing for clear communication. But yeah, some of those earlier seasons, you're I'm like, you, y'all don't even like each other, right, let alone love each other.
Speaker 2: The contempt that people have, Yeah, and that, and she cuts it down like she she shuts it down right away when she sees it and hears it. She does. But it's like some of these people are just you know, there's the lesbian couple. Yeah, where that person is just like, I really want to have sex with another person and bring it into our relationship. How come you're not really excited about this?
Speaker 1: But by the way that comes up, And I want to say a majority of the seasons of couple therapy is a is someone who wants to open their relationship or has opened their relationship and how that plays out. And then one of the seasons they actually had a thrupple yes as that. And this was fascinating to me because in my brain, I don't know how you make that work. Like my brain is like does not compute like it right, And then to see them talk about their issues and how they're so like they're fine. It's like they're fine with the sex part, it's like the other part it's the like, well you weren't. You're not there for me when I need you because you're with this other. It's never about the sex, it's about the emotions involved. And I just don't know how they do it, and but it's it's a really interesting show. And I mean, yeah, some of these people you're they're kind of terrible, and I'm fascinated that they agreed to be on the.
Speaker 2: Show, right, I mean, is it good? Is it free therapy? Like is it like in exchange for no cost? You just let them film it? Because she charges a lot of money, Like I think she's like seven hundred an hour or something like Damn, she's really really like high up there.
Speaker 1: So yeah, well, some of the some of the couples from this new season that just dropped are doing like amas on Reddit and things like that. And one of them I started following on TikTok because I was just curious and they like instantly followed me back. Oh boy, And I'm like, okay, but I'm wondering if in those amas, surely someone has asked this question like do you have to pay for the therapy? Is are you doing this for free therapy? They're I'm which I think would.
Speaker 2: Be worth it. I mean it's expensive, yeah.
Speaker 1: It's super therapy is super expensive. And also, like these people are really brave. You're doing something it's really personal right on on TV for people to watch and judge. I mean again, some of them, I'm like, you're not a nice person, and I am judging you. But the people who who aren't being bad people like that's really it's really brave. I wouldn't.
Speaker 2: Yeah anyway, also your friends and neighbors. They they completed that. I'm not quite sure I understand who did it and why there's a big murder mystery. I probably will come back and watch it when they come back again, because they they've they've greenlighted a second series. Okay, a second season. So if you like John Hamm, it's a it's a fun show. It's just like it doesn't make a lot of sense. And then speaking of that, and just like that came back.
Speaker 1: I haven't been watching.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you've avoided it. You were, you were smart. It's it's as stupid as they are last season, and the choices that they make, they've just completely it's even worse now and it's oh bully, but it's still watchable. That's what's crazy about it.
Speaker 1: I get it. I get it, like, especially if you watched every season before, like my sister has watched the Old Sex and the City episodes like five hundred times, She's watched them over and over and over. Those characters are like her friends, and she feels very like protective of them. I could see why you would go on and continue to watch the new season, the new seasons, I should say, I just can't bring myself to do it because just the clips annoy me.
Speaker 2: It's so annoying, and it's uh yeah, and Carrie is just such a terrible friend and no one ever calls her out. There's a guy named Anthony which I'm trying for the actor's name, that plays a music comedian but uh.
Speaker 1: And oh and damn it Mario something Mario.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, and he calls out. Carrie and Aiden are back together. But Aiden has a problem with his teenage son, who's like fourteen fifteen, and Aiden lives in Virginia and he split up with a second wife or something. So he so he says to Carrie, let's take five years and then we'll start dating. My son will be out of high school. Right, I'm not kidding you, I know, and like, and let's not call he says, We're not going to email, We're not going to call each other. They start the show this season with they send each other blank postcards.
Speaker 1: Its stupid.
Speaker 2: It's so fucking stupid, and it's so psychotic, and his character is like saying to Carrie, like, what the hell are you actually doing? And she completely shuts down and then ICs him out, and then basically he has to grovel to her and apologize because she was offended. It's like she shits on everybody else's relationships, everyone else's choices. You know, she was awful. I guess big turned out to be a good thing for her because she's super fucking rich. I mean, I can't she doesn't have to worry about money.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but none of them do, by the way, none of them.
Speaker 2: Well I think Miranda does. I think she and see but Carrie owns this huge house in Gramercy Park, but Miranda's living at an airbnb, Like why don't they just I don't know what was I gonna say? Oh yeah, So it just it's like that level of stupid. And then there's a sex scene where they're having phone sex and it's the most painful, awful, awkward thing that I wish I could unsee.
Speaker 1: Yes, Carrie's always been toxic, Like she's just a toxic, shitty person. She doesn't hold up that's when you go back and watch the old episodes, You're like, you're annoying.
Speaker 2: You're very annoying, You're very full of yourself and you shouldn't be and you're and you're making really wild choices and your friends should be questioning you about it. And she gets very defensive and shitty, and it's they don't give Charlotte anything to do. Miranda's a lesbian now, and so there's a whole thing where Rosy o'donald was on the show. Rose o' donald played a nun that was a virgin that picked up I mean, it's I'm not kidding you, it's like Miranda. It's like, h for God's sakes.
Speaker 1: Never mind, I'll just wait till the Gilded Age comes back.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know. The Gilded Age is what I'm looking forward to. So anyway, yeah, it's just as crazy, and the fashions are just as like it's it's just it's she wears this big hat i' and people are like, she looks like Strawberry Shortcake.
Speaker 1: I've seen it, and it's.
Speaker 2: Just and it she's wearing in the middle of summer. It's so stupid, and it's so stupid it's so so stupid.
Speaker 1: Okay, they're not like us.
Speaker 2: No, they're not like us. They're not like us.
Speaker 1: By the way, Kendrick Lamar was performing here last night or the night before at the ballpark, and all the people who live in the apartments were like recording videos and you could hear everybody yelling must a minor's so good, so good?
Speaker 2: Siza to come out? And yeah, I know, I.
Speaker 1: Thought it was a dope show. I bet it was. Did you watch Blow Deck down Under?
Speaker 2: Yes? So what do you think of Laura?
Speaker 1: I texted you and I was like, what a gun she is? First, I'm like, what the fuck is your problem? She her? She apologizes to Serena and they like, and Serena apologize to her and they make up. But for some reason that's not good enough for her, and then she's instantly annoyed that the guests have asked for like a seven course meal. Then she tries to get Serena to talk them out of the seven course meal that they asked for because it would require her to wash dishes in between writing dishes, and it's not Serena's job to talk people out of the shit they asked for.
Speaker 2: It's one thing if she can't source a thing because and things that I wish they'd told us, because she's done some interviews. Serena's done some interviews, like they get their their supplies from France. It has to be flown in Oh, Okay, so and sometimes it wouldn't come into like ten eleven o'clock at night, so sometimes she would have to change her menu. But like they had said, they wanted a seven course meal, which is not crazy for below deck. I've seen her end course meals. I've seen way more. So why she freaked out. She's like, oh, we don't have enough cutlery, we don't have enough fift and it was just like don't a place from No, Like, how do we make it work? Just like we talked about with Apollo thirteen. If you can do that, you can figure out you can wash them dishes, you could put your You know that deck crew will happily wash dishes if you tell them to. I mean, that's what they're there for. But she doesn't, and so then she sends Erena to go to the guests and then she's saying to them, Hey, this is what I'm thinking for your seven course meal. And these people spent the previous day seasick for most of it.
Speaker 1: It looks so terrible.
Speaker 2: I feel they couldn't keep the food down that she served them the day before. This day, they spent half the day on an island, so they don't have as much. You know, they're feeling a little better, and they're actually in the mood for like a really good dinner and so. But I've never had a chief stew like say to the chef, like, you need to talk to them and talk them out of doing this, because it's her just wanting to not be bothered with us. It's too much. It's just too much for her because she's a perfectionist. If she can't do it perfectly, that just to do it at all. And it's a mindset I just don't have, and I don't so I don't have a lot of empathy for it. So it's just hard for me. But she's so obnoxious about and the when Serena comes back, just this woman is unhinged. I'm like, she's not unhinged, she's just doing her job.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're the one being unhinged. It's not Serena's job to make your job easier. It's her job to give these customers a really good time and what they asked for, and that's what she's doing. She blames Serena for the fact that they want a seven course meal and then she's a bitch about it the rest of the time. I'm like, you're acting like an asshole. She's acting like an asshole, and then to be like I need to be she needs to basically like unapologize to Serena so that she knows that they're not going to be friends anymore after this. And I'm like, it needs such a fucking bitch.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And I think she's got the crew, like Marina and Brie have her back, and I think Harry has Laura's back, like because he and Zorena had a falling out. Yeah, Zarena's got her problems for sure, for sure, and she's got some growing up to do, but she you cannot take away her skills as a chef. Like, no one ever sent a meal back. They never had one meal that didn't work that she put out there. And that's where like the tips really come in is from the chef's food and she always knocked it out. So that department was like stellar.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and they got a big fat tip from those people. It was like twenty two thousand dollars or something. That's insane.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was a really big tip, and so they should have you know, but I don't know. I mean, hopefully Lara doesn't appear in any other shows, but yeah, it was it was not a good look for her, and it was and it was very hard to like find her, like I mean, I was just I don't.
Speaker 1: Know, and that's very frustrating, Like that's how you want to end the season, Like yeah, that like you want to end it on a sad trombone. It's like it was just such a bitch move. But they go out to celebrate after and they're all dancing in the rain and like, uh, Alisha and Zorena like kiss and everyone's all, what the fuck is happening? And like Alisha clearly drink a lot of tequila and was just having a good time and she was torking on people and acting a fool, but her and Serena seem fine with it. I was like, good for them, They're having a good time.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Serena likes attention. She wants some kisses, she wants some smoochies given to her.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they're they're they're fine, they're all just having fun. But they did. It's a lot of work that they do, and it's very stressful, and when people don't like the food, that's really hey.
Speaker 1: Yeah that sucks. And yeah, I was happy to see them like in the kitchen having a good time where they're wearing the giant chef hats and you know, for them to go out and like cut loose afterwards. And I really like Nick and Marina. I think they're super cute, so cute together. And what was the other the boats that Nathan Nathan, Yeah, he seemed lovely.
Speaker 2: Like he's so sweet and especially for a Bosin because usually they're dickheads. I mean, they just tend to be sexist pricks and he's completely the opposite of that. And yeah, it was a good crew. I mean it was. It's weird how Laura really twisted it to be like this miserable experience when it was like for below Deck it was really good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, think about.
Speaker 2: Some seasons are really fucking rough.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm thinking was it the season last season or the season before that where that one guy basically got kicked off the boat for sexual assault, like.
Speaker 2: Yeah, oh yeah, yeah, I attempted.
Speaker 1: Like it was really fucked up and like the one of the stews was really shitty and like that was a rough season. And then this season, I mean, other than Weehun acting like a dick and Laura's bullshit at the end, good season. Yeah yeah, did you watch Love Hotel? Of course, of course I have feelings about this. Okay, So Ashley is clearly like she's kind of hot for this like silver Fox and not this other man who's maybe more age appropriate named Wally, and.
Speaker 2: They're not.
Speaker 1: She decides not to give him a key and instead gives it to her Silver Fox, and then Shannon's like, well, we need to give a key to Wally, and I'm like, but why she has not chosen him? And they keep bringing back people that they haven't chosen, and I'm like, you're annoying me.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: It's no offense to Wally. I'm sure he's lovely, but she continues to not pick him. I'm like, so maybe we let him move on and bring in some people that I don't know have potential or something. And that's the same with Earl the Pearl. I'm right, I don't think she feels romantically towards him Shannon, so, but she keeps bringing him back because she's comfortable. And then they bring back this guy Mark the and for lu Anne, but leu Anne is already kind of with someone else, and I'm like, why are you bringing these men back that don't have any connections? I want to see new guys basically, Yeah, but it's still super fun.
Speaker 2: It's really fun.
Speaker 1: And like again, leu Anne is there to like, would you say last week she's d was it?
Speaker 2: Uh, she's dts DTF.
Speaker 1: She's down to fuck like she is. She's covering up the camera at the end, and I was like, good for you, get it girl. But it's it is really really fun because those housewives know how to do it. I just wish they wouldn't keep bringing back men who've been rejected, because yeah, it's not fun to watch them get rejected over and over again. It's it's annoying, that's all. Did you watch Fear Street prom Queen No with that. It's a new horror movie that came out. There's a whole fear Street series. There's one that's like set in the eighteen hundreds. There's one that's like in the it's like nineteen seventy six, and there's one called nineteen ninety four. And now there's one called fear Street Prom Queen and it's set in the eighties and it's they're actually eighty eight. It's it's a senior prom. They're graduating in eighty eight. And I was like, I'm old that is also when I graduated. I'm going to watch this. I think the movie is written by a I like, none of the characters are interesting, nobody stands out. Even the kills are like you bor rude. And then it gets so much wrong about the eighties that I was distracted, like I know, and I'm like, I know, I shouldn't be taking it that seriously. But nobody in the eighties was like eat a dick. Nobody told anyone to eat a dick. In the eighties. That was not We'd say gag me with a spoon, you know.
Speaker 2: Or gag me with a dick.
Speaker 1: Just well that was more of an order. But like, nobody said eat a dick. There's a shit like that. Or two female characters have like a dance off, and I was like that would have never happened. Like we had like break dancers who had dance offs, but two white girls know that would have never happened. Like the song choices were really weird. It's like they just I was so disappointed. I was so oh disappointed. I was really excited because I was like, this is I love like eighties horror movies. I think they're super fun, and this was not it. So everyone, you can skip it. And I also watched the Thailand All Murders.
Speaker 2: Yeah I haven't seen that yet. Did they do a good job?
Speaker 1: They did. They did a really good job. Actually, we covered the Thailand All Murders on our other podcast, What a creep I think For me, I was like, yes, yes, I know these things, but it was nice to put some faces to names. But they do a deeper dive on the Johnson and Johnson involvement that.
Speaker 2: I didn't.
Speaker 1: I don't think I had in our episode. So if you've already listened to that episode, there are new things to learn in the Thailand All Murders. I think I thought it was really well done. I like these Netflix Crime Dot You memories. I think they're very entertaining and they're usually edited really well, and each episode is like forty minutes, so I think it's worth watching.
Speaker 2: I did see Sirens on Netflix. Did you see that?
Speaker 1: I watched the first episode and quickly thought.
Speaker 2: This one may not be for me. Yeah, I stuck with it. I'm not sure why, but I did. I mean, I like the people that are in Yeah.
Speaker 1: I like it's got Kevin Bacon.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's got Kevin Bacon once again. And it's like it's in the Hamptons and it's rich people and they're weirdos and that's stuff, like I think, like it's been said before. It's just there's nothing new here. I'm surprised that Nicole Kidman isn't anywhere to be found, Like I'm shocked to not see her anywhere, like not even on a poster or something like. It's kind of trucking because it's the kind of show she definitely would do.
Speaker 1: The role of Nicole Kidman is played by it.
Speaker 2: More exactly who did Who's great? Yes, But anyway, but yeah, I managed to get through it, and then the rehearsal. I managed to get through, even though I'm not always on top of his humor.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I am going to watch it more. A few people have recommended it to me. Yeah, it's on my list.
Speaker 2: I couldn't.
Speaker 1: Sirens like turned me off at the end of the first episode with like a hawk that flies through a window, and I was like, what is what is the show? The tone seemed to be like all over the place, and I was super confused. Does it get better?
Speaker 2: No, it doesn't get any better? Okay no, And it's not even about what you think it's going to be about. Because Sirens, I was like, oh, Mermaids, it's got some or some mythology that'll be here now.
Speaker 1: Okay, So that's a really good cast.
Speaker 2: Though, it's a great cast, but it's like, yeah, yeah, the young pretty one kicks out the middle aged one, okay, because that's yeah.
Speaker 1: And that's the I'm always that the twist because that's not very twisty.
Speaker 2: It's not a twist, but it is what happens.
Speaker 1: So all right, well then I'll just go ahead, fine, keep it off my watch list.
Speaker 2: I like everybody in it, but it wasn't doing things that I was just sort of like, what is this for? And who's this sport? Why do they call it Sirens? Where are my Mermaids? What's going on? And it didn't happen. Yeah, it wasn't happening, I'm unpleasant.
Speaker 1: Yeah, then that's I'm going to skip that one. There's a new one on uh Amazon Prime with Elizabeth Banks and Jessica Till I can't remember the name of it, Oh the Better Sister, And I heard that that's a better version of Sirens, and I'm like, Okay, maybe I'll watch that one because I like those people, so I'll report back to you. Okay, it's on my watch list, but I I hate watching things on Amazon. But I already paid for it, So anything else on your list, no, that's it. Okay, if you like the sound of our voices. I already mentioned this. We co host another podcast called What a Creep. It comes out every Friday, and our episode out right now is about uh Shude Night. It's about Shoode Knight and you get to hear me rap in it. So apologies and advance for that, but it was it was a good one, so please check that out. And my friend, where can people find you on the internet.
Speaker 2: You can find me at Brooklynfitchick dot com. I'm at Brooklynfitchick for Threads and Instagram. I'm at Brooklyn Margo for Blue Sky and TikTok and I'm at my name Margo Donahue for YouTube.
Speaker 1: Follow her on the things, y'all. Her new book, Fever comes out in just a couple months. It comes out in August, and you definitely should follow her YouTube because she shares all kinds of good clips there. Yes, yeah, you can find me at the Soniashow dot com and the Sonya Show on Instagram and blue Sky and Threads and TikTok please do that. You can follow door king Out at door kan Out Show on Blue Sky and Threads and Instagram. It's not on TikTok if you can also email us at Doorkanoutshow at gmail dot com. Send us your address and we'll get some stickers in the mail to you. We also take requests, so if you have a movie you want us to dark out about, we'll put it on the list. So please do that and give us a review because it helps us find our people. Super appreciate you, my friend. I super appreciate you talking bringing up Apollo thirteen to watch. This was a good one.
Speaker 2: This was so good. Thank you.
Speaker 1: Now let's blast into space
Speaker 2: Dot Ta