Speaker 1: Shorts page with The Orlando Sentinel at FM ninety six to nine. The Games Mike the Bulldog BEYONDI on jr R.
Speaker 2: Bulldog Sports Page, brought you by Coffin and Lend Injury Attorneys two one the final from Williams Sport last night.
Speaker 3: Dog, that's right, Lake Mary gets it done, just as I predicted. I said they would be the first Florida team in history to win the Little League World Series. And they take down Sue Falls last night. JJ Feliciano, No, not, Jose Feliciano. JJ Feliciano was the starting pitcher last night. Eleven strikeouts, allowed only two hits in five and two thirds innings, and he exited after he exceeded the eighty five pitch limit. So JJ Feliciano gets it done for Lake Mary. They win two to one. So yeah, yeah, big time. They play again on Friday night against the team from Washington whose name I can't pronounce. I think it's.
Speaker 2: Pallop Up Washington. I think something like that.
Speaker 3: Yes, So that'll be Friday, seven pm.
Speaker 1: All Dog.
Speaker 4: All I know is I've been using your phrase lately with the Lake Mary Little League for the other teams.
Speaker 1: How that tastes.
Speaker 3: Your ass speaking of how that tastes, how that tastes Austin Dylan.
Speaker 5: Interesting ruling from NASCAR here, Yeah, NASCAR took away Austin Dillon's automatic spot in the playoffs that was revoked after he intentionally uh after he crossed the line and intentionally wrecked Joey Logano and Denny Hammlin on the last lap on Sunday to win that race.
Speaker 3: Of course, if you win a race, you get an automatic bid into the playoff. And they said, no, you can keep the race when but you're not getting the automatic bid into the playoff. Elton Sawyer, the NASCAR Vice President of Competition, said this was conduct detrimental to stock car racing and said this isn't how we want our races to end. I think there are probably a lot of NASCAR fans who think this was conduct not detrimental but enhancing to NASCAR. Yeah. Ironically, Austin Dillon drives that number three car, which is the car driven by the great Dale Earnhardt, who was known for his aggressive driving and doing anything possible to win a race. Remember what Dale once said when the drivers were complaining that he was racing too hard and the cars were starting to.
Speaker 1: Go too fast.
Speaker 3: Dale Earnhardt had the famous quote quote, put a kerosene rag around your ankles so the ants won't climb up and eat that candy ass. That was Dale Earnhardt's quote. I'm curious, Lynch is great.
Speaker 5: I don't think about that one for a second.
Speaker 3: Ants won't go past that kerosene. Yeah, So question for you lanch, mister Nascar.
Speaker 2: I'm not mister Nascar. Just enjoyed Nascar. Are you okay with this? I thought it was an interesting ruling. I find it odd that they let him keep the win, but I.
Speaker 3: Think it's I think this is going to irk some longtime NASCAR fans.
Speaker 4: I guarantee it will, just my opinion. I looked at it and thought that's a little extreme. But I didn't see that. You know, the rex he caused, well, I.
Speaker 3: Think the the the the final straw was I guess they went back to the the radio and and his his spotter, Brandon was suspended for three races, was yelling wreck him when he was you know when when he uh when he got rid of Logano and turned him into the wall. Then Hamlin was ahead of him, and the spotter said you wreck him. So I think that was probably the final straw.
Speaker 1: This is WWE NASCAR man.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well it's old school style, man. But again, none of us are have been in the position of being behind the wheel in the heat of a NASCAR race to even be able to closely relate to trying to make that decision at the time, So.
Speaker 3: You know, especially when you haven't one in two years and your you know, and your race team is stinking it up.
Speaker 1: So yeah, I mean, we've all wanted to do it on I four. But you have a good point there, right.
Speaker 3: I wrote in my column today, my notes column, what if what if, like the Olympics were to adopt like, uh, you know, the rules of Austin Dillon, Like hey, you're you're behind in the fifteen hundred meters, just just trip the guy yanking down in passing, right.
Speaker 1: I saw some elbows thrown when they were jogging.
Speaker 3: Speaking of the playoffs, Golf's playoffs begin on Thursday, the fed X Cup Championship, which is you know, what is it? Three four tournaments? Does anybody understand the FedEx Cup and does anybody look at this as like, you know, I saw one of the golfers called it the super Bowl of the PGA Tour.
Speaker 6: Being a golfer, I gotta tell you it's extra golf for people to watch with the best players in the world. It's almost like it's almost like not the super Bowl, but they're little little League World Series.
Speaker 2: How's that?
Speaker 3: Well, you do get a twenty five million dollar bonus if you win. Yeah, big money's involved here. I just wonder if golf fans like, oh, the playoffs are starting on Thursday? Is that a Is that a big deal?
Speaker 2: It's not like that.
Speaker 1: Anyway.
Speaker 3: JJ McCarthy. We talked about this yesterday. He was injured in the preseason game, the rookie quarterback of the Vikings. He is out for the season after undergoing surgery yesterday to repair a torn meniscus in his right knee. There was some hope that maybe they could just clip the meniscus and he would be able to return at some point in the season, but no, he's now gone, which means Sam Darnold is the quarterback now of the Vikings. The Vikings, of course, replacing Kirk Cousins as their quarterback. Other news, Aaron Judge becomes the fastest baseball player in history to reach three hundred home runs. He slugged his three hundredth last night in a ten two victory over the pathetic Chicago White Sox. By the way, the White Sox announced their lowering season.
Speaker 2: Ticket get one.
Speaker 3: Yeah bogo season tickets.
Speaker 2: Hey, yeah, I might want to consider it. I'm just throwing it out there. You guys can take that idea and run with it if he wants.
Speaker 3: By the way, Uh, there's all this controversy involving this Australian breakdancer. I guess was awful in the Olympics. I didn't watch any of Rachel Gun. Did you guys watch any of Rachel Gun?
Speaker 2: Well?
Speaker 3: You great dancing.
Speaker 2: It was a joke. There was no break dancing involved. It was just some gyrating.
Speaker 3: I guess she did some some routine called what did they call it? The Uh? I was I saw it the I can't find it anyway. Yeah, And she was just she was just like she wasn't really breakdancing. She was just doing like these awful moves. Is terrible.
Speaker 2: What controversy you're referring to the method as to how she actually made it into the Olympics.
Speaker 3: I guess she's getting ripped online. There's a petition that they're the Australian Olympic Committee saying she's being bullied online and all of this stuff. The kangaroo dance was the routine. I don't know what that is, but I guess she was just terrible.
Speaker 2: Well no, it's supposedly she's some sort of activist too, So there's that angle.
Speaker 4: So who knows it's breakdancing.
Speaker 2: There's not gonna be any more break dancing in the Olympics, So can we just put it to bed? Good? But I have to get there.
Speaker 1: No, I have to give props. Bronze in the men's was a dude from Casine. He lives in La now, but he's from Kasemi. All right.
Speaker 3: Did he do the kangaroo dance?
Speaker 1: No, he did the deed did the Mickey mouse dance.
Speaker 3: He did real breakdance.
Speaker 2: Mike the Bulldog Byonkey, host of Open Mike on AM seven forty ninety six, ninety Game and thanks for joining us each morning here on the sports page on JRR. Brought to you by Coffin Inland.
Speaker 3: Listen to under Oath with Attorney Jeff coff And every Saturday morning, seven thirty on FM ninety six nine. The Game You can catch extended versions by the way on your favorite streaming platform.
Speaker 1: Switch and Taco are always on demand. Download their podcast daily on our free IHR radio app.
Speaker 4: Get it now at w j r R dot com.