Speaker 1: This is Gary and Shannon and you're listening to kf I AM six forty, the Gary and Shannon Show on demand on the iHeartRadio app. Man, I love it when Florida Crazy arrives in La.
Speaker 2: How did they do that?
Speaker 3: I know, we've the two great taste that they tastes like right together.
Speaker 1: It's like when Faranos meets Dark Vader boom Farahos or you know, like to Elizabeth Holmes Farahanose, Oh no, the superhero guy, the Purple Guy, Avengers or whatever, Fananos, thank you, Amy.
Speaker 2: When Sharanos meets Dark Vader.
Speaker 1: You know what I mean. It's like when too crazy gets too crazy at and you just get together.
Speaker 2: Well, let me say this first.
Speaker 3: We are paying attention to Mike Johnson's vote as speaker.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I've been. I woke up this morning and I was like, what's going on with Mike Johnson?
Speaker 2: Please? Guys.
Speaker 3: We're interrupted by a car chase right now. This is in Hollywood, of all places. This guy in a apparently carjacked silver stolen carjack would silver Nissan Sentra.
Speaker 1: Got a Florida plate on with a Florida plate.
Speaker 3: It looks like made his way up and down the one seventy, made his way back down the one seventy onto the one on one and is now in Hollywood, right there at Kowanga and Franklin.
Speaker 1: Finding some traffic, finding a stop light here, looks like he's got his or she as the's head out the window. How do you know, we've had a lot of females do this stuff lately.
Speaker 2: That's that's pretty male, you think.
Speaker 1: So yeah, because there is like what appears to be a black jacket or hoodie or something that is blocking the rear driver side window. They kind of have it wedged in between the window so you can't see into the back seat. So who the hell knows what's going on there?
Speaker 3: And this guy was booking. I mean, this guy was doing one hundred plus on the one seventy freeway and blew past a Sheriff's department suv at about one hundred miles an hour just a few minutes ago. So no idea exactly where they started. But it's again, like I said, on Kowanga, make it its way through the Hollywood Hills now they say, and I don't know if he's going to try to get back onto a freeway somewhere, but there's there's a lot more traffic on the surface streets where he is now than there were than there was i should say, on the one seventy or the one on one.
Speaker 2: So he'll get.
Speaker 1: Back on the freeway, probably of season of Kowanga now, so he's headed for let's see which direction is he going? Is he headed for the Hollywood Bowl. He's getting back on the freeway there.
Speaker 2: Freeway, so he's going to go northbound. It looks like.
Speaker 3: And makers, I don't know where he's Do you have a goal in mind when you do this?
Speaker 2: You just try to You just try to run out the end of the tape here.
Speaker 1: I always wonder what the end game is. Do they think that they can ditch it underneath and overpass and make a run for it. I've got to believe that's the case, because we've seen that all the time, where they try to ditch it underneath somewhere ohere the overhead I cannot see you.
Speaker 2: That's the other thing.
Speaker 3: Is this guy in those times that he has slowed down or come to a stop when he gets onto the surface streets, he's definitely looking up into the skies. He knows that they're after him and he knows that he's not going to go.
Speaker 1: The advantage they have is if there are several people in the car and they all go different directions depending upon how many officers are in pursuit, and I can split the difference here. You know, maybe someone gets away.
Speaker 3: He is doing one hundred and seven miles an hour according to the Fox helicopter one hundred and seven on the one oh one North right there through the Hollywood Hills, right alongside Universal Studios for example. So and he's in northbound traffic right now on that stretch of road. It's not too bad, so he's got plenty of room to do one oh five.
Speaker 2: Wow, he is. We haven't seen one go this fast in a long time.
Speaker 1: One eight one nine. Yeah. Uh, let's do what the Let's see what the traffic looks like, because he's going to hit that four four oh five one oh one mess the word.
Speaker 2: He'll he'll go.
Speaker 3: He'll stay on one o one and it turns into the one seventy north unless he makes a change. But I think he'll stay on that one where it changes to the one seventy and because he.
Speaker 1: Could go to the one thirty four and then well.
Speaker 2: Then you got you know, you know, he got a bunch of decisions to make at that point. Do you go one thirty four eastbound there or the one seventy north? Maybe the one on one towards the west.
Speaker 1: Is let me see, I'm on Siglert now, let's see here.
Speaker 2: So he's on the one on one app Vinely.
Speaker 1: I think I'm going to make a bet that he gets off at the one thirty four. No, he just oh, he's on the one seventy. Okay, Well he's got.
Speaker 2: To stay down.
Speaker 1: He's got sig alert too, because he was gonna hit traffic on the one thirty four, But one seventy is a straight shot, as everybody knows.
Speaker 2: So does he have a co pilot?
Speaker 3: Is there somebody in the back seat that's watching and saying, do not go on the one thirty four, you know, listening to us?
Speaker 2: He's listening to traffic on KOI.
Speaker 1: He might be, he might be. He looks like a KFI listener. I mean that it's a guy that I have seen countless times at a news and bruise.
Speaker 3: Again one seven North. This guy was doing one hundred plus miles an hour just a short time ago. A couple of times as a matter of fact, through the North Hollywood area on the one seventy. Looks like he's getting off maybe at Magnolia and is going to blow through this light whatever it ex Yeah, he apparently he has agree in.
Speaker 1: An area that he's familiar with.
Speaker 3: Yeah, this kind of the North Sacramento area. He took the Magnolia exit. He's headed east on Magnolia through the between the parks there if you know where that is, into the North Hollywood deeper into that area. This car, four door Nissan Silver, apparently the subject of a carjacking earlier. There's some damage on that left side, on the rear door, and it looks like that rear quarter panel, one of the tail lights the opposite side, the passenger side taillight has been busted out, and he's going to make a left against traffic here.
Speaker 1: I love how people are so unforgiving in that intersection, like, oh hell, nowsham you know they this is North Hollywood.
Speaker 3: They don't happen with us half a dozen LAPD cars behind him.
Speaker 1: Maybe he's had it to Star Garden to get that Friday morning action on the left center.
Speaker 2: Stage a nine am strip club.
Speaker 1: It's Friday, It's better than Tuesday.
Speaker 3: I guess he's on Lankersham right now in North Hollywood.
Speaker 2: This is fun.
Speaker 1: We haven't done a it is fun.
Speaker 2: We have done a car chase.
Speaker 1: I mean, it'll be fun as long as nobody gets injured.
Speaker 2: Well, this guy's about to get injured.
Speaker 1: I feel like I can't believe I just said that again.
Speaker 3: North on Lancersham right now and doing not doing too fast along there, fifty sixty miles an hour, but he was well over one hundred on some of the freeways that he was on a little bit earlier.
Speaker 2: This is gonna be fun to do.
Speaker 3: Oh and by the way, they're still looking for a new house speaker.
Speaker 1: You can't go eighty five and a thirty without ending disaster. That's not good.
Speaker 3: Eighty plus on Lancersham up through the North Hollywood.
Speaker 1: We just blew through that intersection with the taco bell in the corner. Maybe maybe our traffic guy is right. He is desperate because it's hard to blow through an intersection with the taco bell like that. Not stop ignoring Knockobelle soft Taco.
Speaker 2: All right, we'll come back.
Speaker 3: We'll continue to watch the Grdida police pursuit of a carjacking suspect on Lancersham, making its way through North Hollywood northbound, doing sixty seventy eighty miles an hour in some of those place Do.
Speaker 1: You do a nice breakfast burrito there too? It's not too much, it's not too much, doesn't sit in your stomach all day.
Speaker 2: Good, and it's not big. It's not as.
Speaker 1: Visual exactly, it's what he's saying. One of my favorite things about the end of these police chases is when the people in the car take off running and are soon to realize that they are not in shape.
Speaker 3: It takes well listen the amount of adrenaline had while you're running from the cops in the car.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean you're driving away from the can.
Speaker 1: He'll get you a good twenty yards and then you just peter her out.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: There were apparently three people in the car. We're watching this chase in the North Hollywood area. They had pulled into a an apartment complex. It looks like it about running Mead and Lancasham. Three people got out of the car, one male driver, one guy in the back seat, and a woman in the passenger seat.
Speaker 1: The woman in the passenger seat was clearly wearing her beautiful white coat that was fresh right out from underneath the Christmas tree, brand new. It was beautiful. She took it off as she fleed the vehicle.
Speaker 3: The she's in custody. It looks like the driver, the guy in the home.
Speaker 1: Oh they got her jacket. You see it's on the hood of the black and white.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that sucks. The guy in the hoodie was driving. He was taken into custody as just about a block away at in Andy's In and Out Service a smog check test only the Andy's a Alignment auto shop.
Speaker 2: As he rolled in there and.
Speaker 1: Looked like a youth in the back of the car, maybe just a very slight.
Speaker 2: Young like the youngest of the three. Yeah, but I haven't seen him picked up just yet.
Speaker 1: That might be him right there that they've got eyes on.
Speaker 2: I think that's somebody who lives.
Speaker 1: Yeah, probably just checking.
Speaker 2: Out the car.
Speaker 1: Anyway, no one got hurt. That came to a nice clothes for us because we talked about how much fun it was as they were doing eighty five and a thirty and I was like, maybe maybe we bumped the brakes on fun. Maybe this ends in a massive disaster.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they were doing one hundred and ten at one point on I think it was the one seventy where they.
Speaker 1: Guy had a Gary and Shannon sweatshirt. Uh so that says says Gary and Shannon company. Oh, same thing does make sense. I don't think it's the band, Okay, I don't think it's the band from our youth.
Speaker 2: It's got to be something we don't understand.
Speaker 1: Well, there is a lot of hand stuff going on in the House floor right now as they get ready to vote for their speaker.
Speaker 2: We know that.
Speaker 3: The way the current Congress is set up or the incoming Congress one hundred and nineteenth, is that they need two hundred and eighteen votes. They need the simple majority to elect Mike Johnson as the speaker. Right now, there are two hundred and nineteen Republicans.
Speaker 1: A lot of handshaking going on. Ask kissery. Nancy Pelosi is there fresh off of her broken hip?
Speaker 2: Ask Kissery.
Speaker 1: Ask Kissery, is.
Speaker 2: That a French term?
Speaker 1: Kissing? Ass? A lot of it, Ask kissery. Look at these people glad handing.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 3: One of the guys that we know has said he would not vote for Mike Johnson is Congressman Thomas Massey out of Kentucky. He is a super spending hawk and he was on the brand new Wayne Newton as Matt Gates show last night, oh Man, and was asked about this.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's what I'm gonna take to the bank because I care that much about who you're going to vote for and putting wooden sticks up your fingers? Does he need any more work? Hasn't he had enough work? His work at Gates Matt Gates his facial work has been documented, and now he's taken it even further.
Speaker 3: Somebody said the description of it was, it's hard to describe on the radio, but it looks like everything in his face is being pulled in, Like his eyes look closer together, his nose looks smaller, his mouth has been pulled up, his eyebrows have been pulled down. All of it's being pulled closer to his nose. And somebody said, why is Matt Gates his face eating itself?
Speaker 1: Well, whoever his medical spa person is, they did not get an A plus and geometry because they're pulling from the wrong areas altogether at once and the angles are not adding up.
Speaker 3: So as of right now, they have not voted. The house is going to vote very soon to see if Mike Johnson is going to keep his job. It's the most likely outcome. Republicans don't want to see this thing drag on forever, and they don't want to see it go on again like they did last year.
Speaker 1: I think they just didn't want to make it easy for him.
Speaker 3: Yes, they also kind of wanted to wait and see what Donald Trump was going to say. He has backed up, He has backed up Mike Johnson twice, three times.
Speaker 1: Make no mistake. The conversations going on are what can you do for me? So I will do this for you. That's all they care about.
Speaker 2: Yeah, listen.
Speaker 3: The way it works right now is Mike Waltz of Florida has been nominated to be National Security Advisor in the incoming administration, at least a Fanic of New York to be the UN Ambassador, and replacing them usually takes at least several weeks and probably a couple of months. And if they both leave before Matt Gates is replaced, remember he resigned, that means the majority is even more tenuous at two hundred and seventeen to two fifteen, which means any single Republican defection would tank a bill unless Democrats vote in favor. Democrats have no reason to vote in favor outside of moral consciousness. It does not exist in Congress, so House Republicans basically have a zero, zero fart and zero vote margin for defection in these early months of what will be the Trump presidency.
Speaker 1: In a couple of weeks, it is Friday, which means coming up later we will get to the nine news nuggets you need to know one nuggets crept into my early pile.
Speaker 2: Oh really, yes, okay.
Speaker 1: It's all about a town governed by a wizard where everyone is one hundred percent certifiably insane.
Speaker 3: It's also what you learned this week now, listen. I know it's an abbreviated week because.
Speaker 1: Of it's going to be a lot of people saying suck.
Speaker 2: Too much time on going.
Speaker 1: Deal with that, well, listen, we appreciate that because it means that you like the show.
Speaker 2: I suppose.
Speaker 3: But you can always let us know what you learned this week on the Gary and Channon Joe by leaving us a message on the talkback feature on the iHeart app. You could do it on the app. You hit that little button and leave us a message, or you could do it on your enabled device. Shall we say, just say hey, hey, send a message to KFI and then she'll record it and send it right to us.
Speaker 2: A couple stories that we're following.
Speaker 3: President Biden blocked a fifteen billion dollar proposed deal for napon Steel of Japan to buy up US Steel, based in Pittsburgh. This affirms his earlier vow to block the acquisition. The statement came out today. The President said, we need major US companies representing the major share of US steel making capacity, to keep leading the fight on behalf of America's national interest.
Speaker 1: Have you seen the winter weather storm map? Yes, yes, that's all I'll say. Forecasters say a low pressure system moving south, bringing Arctic air from Canada with it. Cold temperatures colder than usual in the central, eastern, and southern portions of the country could last through NEXTI week. Also called winter, not polar vortex, not yet, but I wouldn't be surprised.
Speaker 3: My daughter did concern me. She said yesterday that she received her first winter storm warning AH in the state of Texas, and I said, we get those all the time. She wasn't quite sure what it meant or what constitutes a winter storm warning. So we had talked through simple meteorological facts and figures and things like there's a chance that they see snow.
Speaker 2: That was what the storm warning was for. And she's never driven in snow. She's a California kid, So we just went over some of the basics. Always steer into the skid and go faster than you think you need to go.
Speaker 1: One of my friend's moms moved to Ohio from California in the seventies I think it was, and her boyfriend at the time told her to drive on the divots or the bumps on the road because it would massage your tires. She did that for a few years. Las Vegas cyber truck bomber Matthew Liveelsburger allegedly prayed on his first wife and made fun of her struggles with depression. This according to Stacy Wilson's, who was neighbors with he and his now ex wife Sarah and Colorado Springs, that he was bizarre and unhealthy after she got to know him around twenty twelve.
Speaker 3: Didn't elaborate much when she said she used the term prayed that he prayed on her. So she didn't like this guy so much that she mostly opted to spend time with Sarah when he was off on deployment in the military. That his time away from home left his wife struggling and depressed. He was trying to get healthy, and then he would mock her for that. Nothing ever felt stable or steady between the two of them.
Speaker 1: Apparently he chid at his wife one point in a clip that was on Facebook, the wife said she was not allowed to be weird at the airport or she'll embarrass him. They split up, She left Colorado and is remarried. He remarried as well three years ago. His current wife, with whom he shares a baby daughter, only broke with him. Broke up with him just last week.
Speaker 3: There was also an ex girlfriend that has shown up in some text messages. Apparently, when he rented the cyber truck, he sent her some pictures and was kind of bragging about, this is a great new truck. You wouldn't believe it.
Speaker 2: I can't. I feel like.
Speaker 3: I'm either in the future or I'm in Halo or something like that. So one interesting aspect I thought of this investigation into all of this is that Elon Musk directly assisted the investigators in the cyber truck explosion, and the reason it's important kind of in the context of Apple paying out ninety five million dollars or whatever it was, because of the privacy concerns they had with Siri, where it would automatically record conversations even if you accidentally open it somehow by just saying something that sounded like Siri. Now, they were then sending that information in those conversations to third parties. That's what at least the allegation in this case Elon Musk. When you have a Tesla, he knows exactly where you are basically at all times, which is if you don't know the privacy settings on that kind of a vehicle, they're gonna let You're gonna let Tesla know a lot of information about yourself.
Speaker 2: He said. One of the things that they did was they were able to extract data and video from the remains of the car and provided footage from Tesla's charging stations that track the suspect as he drove from Colorado to Vegas yesterday. During that news conference, they were.
Speaker 3: Showing the multiple stops along the route from Denver all the way to Vegas over the course of I think it was about a day and a half or two and a half days, something like that, and each individual stop at each individual charging station that they knew that he stopped that because the cyber truck or any Tesla vehicle towels Tesla, they're parked at this stall, in this charging station, they were there for this long et cetera, et cetera.
Speaker 1: Quick pivot to New Orleans. I have been on Bourbon Street numerous times. It is a pedestrian street. You're walking in the middle of the road. It's thirteen blocks. You can walk with your cocktails, whatever. And I had noticed those concrete ballards or you know, security barriers there before, but apparently they were repairing them to get ready for the Super Bowl next month. They were trying to make them better, what have you. So they put in these temporary ballards, which were child's play. According to people who are there, you could just knock them over with your with your fist. So the fact that they had this major event, being the Sugar Bowl, knowing Bourbon Street was going to be flooded with people New Year's Eve and did not have those super firm concrete barriers, in my opinion as inexcusable. It's an obvious target.
Speaker 3: The Lieutenant governor in the state of Louisiana went after the city officials in New Orleans with exactly that intent, saying, you've known about these events for a long time. There is no excuse that that work wasn't done ahead of time, right, And the city really doesn't have an answer to that other than it's hard to get work done in a municipal municipal government inexcusable, But it's in an inexcusable amount because if one if they will tell you in these news conferences, our utmost priority is the safety and security of the people of the city of New Orleans and all of our guests and visitors that are here for the events.
Speaker 2: But that's the thing that's.
Speaker 1: Yes, And how frustrated are you if you're a Notre Dame or Georgia and you relied on New Orleans PD or the municipal government to get that area ready for the one hundred thousand people that would be descending on the city for the Sugar Bowl and you just assumed, why would they protect Bourbon Street?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's it is one of those that they kind of defies credulity. Now in terms of isis we know that there was a connection between the guy in New Orleans and ISIS, And we know that he was radicalized, whether it was online, whether it was in person, however he did it. But how isis IS able to do this kind of a revisit over the course of the last twenty twenty five years about ISIS and its control over people even from Afar? What is it about it that inspires violence? We'll talk about that when we come.
Speaker 1: Back Gary and Hi, you have a birthday coming up. What are you going to open your present?
Speaker 2: Should I do it right now?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Okay, we have time.
Speaker 1: It won't take very long.
Speaker 2: It won't take very long. There's a car, large bag.
Speaker 1: There's a card in there. It's blue.
Speaker 2: Should I open the card first? Yeah? Is it from you? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Okay, it's a It's a Bejeweled R two D two card.
Speaker 1: Isn't that fun? I couldn't remember his name, but.
Speaker 2: Uh, this is grow good.
Speaker 1: He's he's friends with the Gold Guy.
Speaker 2: He is the out guy. The Gold Guy has a British accent.
Speaker 1: Does the Gold Guy survive the franchise?
Speaker 2: Uh? Well, miss is an arm?
Speaker 1: Okay, that's right, I kind of remember Beep beep boop. It says that's what he sounds like.
Speaker 2: Right, thank you.
Speaker 3: Uh, and then it's a translation, happy birthday, Remember birthdays? Oh, I see what you're doing. You're yelling at me like I'm in the home.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Gary, do you remember birthdays?
Speaker 2: And then it says thanks for being a wonderful friend.
Speaker 1: That's how you weren't supposed to read that part. Oh, that's how Jacob treats us because he's so much younger than us when he comes in here to talk to us, like we're in the home. It's time for your puddy.
Speaker 2: This is big. Well look at that, Well, that is very cool.
Speaker 3: A cardboard sculpture Paul Seville at old timey microphone.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's a three D so it's something to keep you busy in the home.
Speaker 3: And I still between my Bengo sessions and I still fit in the age range here between fourteen and ninety nine.
Speaker 2: Oh good, Yeah, so thank you for that. That's awesome.
Speaker 1: Does it really say fourteen and ninety nine? Ninety nine year old's ninety nine? Fascinating? Okay, there's something else in there. More paper, yes, more.
Speaker 2: Paper, yellow paper. Oh, look at that.
Speaker 1: Oh, I didn't know if you had one.
Speaker 2: I do not have one.
Speaker 3: Okay, good, This is a Savannah Banana's jersey.
Speaker 1: I got you three XL. I'm just kidding with.
Speaker 2: The sticker and my Savannah bananas coozy for my beers, I mean my banana beers. That's awesome. Thank you.
Speaker 1: So you can play dress up in the home as well.
Speaker 2: That would be great, remember Banana. South Korea continues to have some issues outside of the plane crash from earlier this week. South Korean investigators had to leave the president's official residence after about a six hour standoff during which he defied their attempt to detain him. The latest confrontation in this political crisis that has paralyzed South Korean politics. President yunsuk yul has resisted investigator's attempts to question him. The last time he was known to have left that residence was on December twelfth, when he went to the presidential office to make a televised statement. He made a defiant statement that he's going to fight efforts to oust him. While all that's being played out in Seoul, we now have two official nominations for House speaker. One is for current Speaker Mike Johnson to retain his position, and the other is for current Minority leader Hakim Jeffries to take over the position, and the voting is expected to start soon.
Speaker 1: In the House, Selena's killer is filing for parole, which would receive the most backlash out of anyone getting parole ever. Maybe Yolanda Saldivar, who served a president of Selena's fan club, of course, convicted of murdering her back in nineteen ninety five, shot in the back when Selena confronted her about stealing money. She was sentenced to life in prison possibility of parole in thirty years. Online records now show that she's currently in the parole review process, with a panel expected to make a decision at the end of March.
Speaker 2: And another story that we'll do later in the show is that US Surgeon General Vivic Murphy is proposing warning labels on alcoholic drinks that Americans should be better informed about the link between alcohol and cancer. He says it's the third leading cause of cancer behind smoking and obesity. Also, what your body does when you don't drink for a month.
Speaker 1: It's weird how he came out with a Surgeon general warning for social media before he did for alcohol, isn't it?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Well, I mean, I get it. They're all harmful to your health. Maybe it was just because he wanted to sound the alarm about social media and make us flash doing it possible. Well, the first significant winter storm for much of the country is going to bring snow, heavy snow, and ice to millions of people from Nebraska to DC over the weekend into Monday. Snow could fall in a corridor from northern Kansas to West Virginia winter in the plains.
Speaker 2: It's also early January.
Speaker 1: It's early January the storm map. Though Carl, who has the maturity of a seven year old, sent us a picture.
Speaker 2: I don't think a seven year old would get there.
Speaker 1: And then also seven year old would go, look, it's a snake. Like if it looks like that twelve years that part you should go to a doctor, right, that might be, Yeah, that should be sticking out there. I don't know, I don't know what you're urologist? Is that the right doctor sure would say about.
Speaker 2: That, yeah, or an esthetician. You could probably get some plan you would need to.
Speaker 1: Get it that. Yeah, don't call Matt Gates's plastic search Oh boy, but you don't want him anywhere around your penis.
Speaker 3: The icy conditions from Nebrasket of Virginia areas of western North Carolina still recovering from Hurricane Helene. We could see slippery roads, down trees, and power outages hitting those on the southern flank of the storm. They call it a squall line, an organized line of thunderstorms are going to be roaring through Arkansas, Western Tennessee, Eastern Texas, Louisiana, Mississippi, and Alabama. And obviously we could see damaging winds and even late and even tornadoes late into Sunday, the first of what they say will be several Arctic blasts to come in. The frigid air to the north hits the warmer, more humid air to the south, and that forms the storm where they meet up. And for millions of people, it's going to be the first winter storm of the winter, not just the year, but of the winter that we've seen. And more than a dozen states could get a foot of snow from the storm by the time that it ends on late Monday. So again I mentioned my daughter got her first winter storm morning for mid Texas.
Speaker 1: Now, how cold does it get there and does she have the right accoutrement?
Speaker 3: Yeah, she's got plenty of layers, okay. And the thing is she doesn't live too far away from the lab that she's been working in, so it's not it's.
Speaker 1: Not like she's hanging out in the snow doing snow angels.
Speaker 2: She doesn't have to do twenty five miles of commute on I thirty five just to get to get to the school. No.
Speaker 3: So, I mean it's sixty degrees there right now, It's not like and the low temperature is low fifties.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So it's just one of those days where it never gets too warm and it's never going to get too cold. It's that over the course of the next several days, like into Monday and Tuesday, the low temperatures will be well below freezing, so that Thursday and Friday of next week she could potentially see snow. And again, she's a California kid. So what would you tell her.
Speaker 1: I would tell her to get some good ug boots with some furnum and a nice jacket, a nice warm jacket.
Speaker 2: Boots.
Speaker 1: Boots important because they guard against the ice and the snow and the water, any sort of condensation. You don't want it on your your ankles or your feets. You want some strong and they're cute. Now they're not like man boots anymore. I have mine. I've had them for like four seasons. I wear them like once a year. But they are life savers. I just I mean they're expensive. They're a couple hundred bucks. I said, don't go outside if you don't have to. I also said, don't don't drive around if you don't have Like right, take this weekend, maybe buy a couple extra things at the grocery store at the old AGB and then have Dad's credit card pay for your Uber delivery. Awful idea, that's a really bad Don't you want your little girl safe?
Speaker 3: No to use her own money. I'll buy her boots if she needs boots, I'm going to buy.
Speaker 2: Her stupid Uber reads.
Speaker 1: Speaking of are we getting a pizza for your birthday?
Speaker 3: We could, We definitely could. Okay, listen, I'm not against the idea. Think about what kind? The hot kind, hot cheesy kind? Well, one of those. The voting has begun in the House, the first round, I should say, of House speaker voting is underway.
Speaker 2: We'll see how it goes.
Speaker 3: We do know that Victorias sparts Congresswoman out of Indiana did vote yes for Mike Johnson was at least she was one of at least nine or ten who said that they were not quite sure if he should be the guy. So as of right now, he's picked up one of those one of those Republican votes that was not a sure thing, so we'll keep an.
Speaker 2: Eye on that. You've been listening to The Gary and Shannon Show.
Speaker 3: You can always hear us live on KFI AM six forty nine am to one pm every Monday through Friday, and anytime on demand on the iHeartRadio app.