Speaker 1: So a boy, David Shabbaz, what's up, man?
Speaker 2: Hey, what's going on? Jeral good to be on here with you, d.
Speaker 1: See the author of Black Gold. What's up? What's up about that?
Speaker 2: Well, that was actually just a that was actually just one of the headlines. The actual title of the book is Pro Wrestling's Black World Champions write.
Speaker 1: Down Pro Wrestling Black World Champions, Got You, Got You?
Speaker 2: Got You?
Speaker 1: Yeah, like I saw, I'm saying it's such a people like to you know, get into a gain to them, like this specific topic about black So yeah, I thought it's very cool. I saw your press release for the book, so yeah, not knowing that right.
Speaker 2: This is the third edition. Yes, yes, the original came out in two thousand and nine and it was a small publication. As you can probably imagine, there were very few Black World Champions at that time, and so it's it's it's it's grown over the years, which is good for our people.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, yeah, like how many? How many? Like on top of your head, do you think Black World Champions were back in two and nine? You had because it's before this, before Mark Henry watch, you know, I guess it become the ECW Champion you count that one eat W championship.
Speaker 2: That was kind of a like an asterisk because it wasn't the true e c W.
Speaker 1: I mean, that's that's it's debatable. It's de beatiful.
Speaker 2: At that time, it wasn't. It wasn't. Well, I understand what you're saying, and that's why it was kind of included because but it wasn't the independent e c W federation at that time. It was owned by w w E.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I mean, so would it count if let's let's say it's that e c W. Let's say it was the w c W championship that Mark Honey one, right, well, it's still count or.
Speaker 2: You're talking about under w W E. Yah, under Night War.
Speaker 1: Yeah, if Mark any won that championships.
Speaker 2: It still would have it still would have carried what we considered an asterisk. I mean, but yes, he was listed in that in that publication.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, all right, cool, cool, cool. So so we'll get more to that. So just real quick, tell youbody about yourself or who you are.
Speaker 2: Uh, David Shabaz, I'm a uh scholar, I'm a college professor. I'm a scholar of sports and sports communication. So I'm not you know, some people will say I'm a historian. I'm not really a historian. I'm a scholar. They're there are people out there who know much more, uh, statistics and all about, you know, professional wrestling than I do. I'm not particularly a fan in the true sense of the word, because fan is short for fanatic. Yes, not a fanatic. I don't dress up in costumes. I don't watch every episode of professional wrestling. I've been watching professional wrestling throughout my life, but I don't watch the Independence. I don't watch every episode of NXT. I don't watch that. Yeah, that's what that's the difference with me. That's why I say, well, I'm not a fan per se, because I don't watch just to watch. If it doesn't entertain me, if it doesn't have somebody that I like, I'm gonna flip the channel and watch something else.
Speaker 1: Okay, Okay, that's crazy. I was gonna actally later on, like you watch the local in the stuff man. I got well real quick. I got a text for my boy Russ saw to him the band Space podcast. He told me something about what you told me about there's a pc W show in Canada South Carolina, and then he has his eye on his eyes, so Sley very cooped potential. But yeah, okay, so I guess we won't get too independent stuff. Cool. What's it called? Real quick? But you said you said you're two things. You said that you're professor at the college called just that.
Speaker 2: Uh well, it's a it's a midwestern university. I'd rather not say the name of the school.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay? And and uh you're a live from Kentucky, right, yes, I bet, I just want to get that clear right now, all right, huh.
Speaker 2: Clues, but I just don't want to say the name of the university, right.
Speaker 1: Got you? Got you? I respect that's that, okay, okay. But uh so, so you said that you're not a historic You're not You're not h was not a history, You're a Scott yes, mm hmm.
Speaker 2: Well this, this particular publication goes back to my brother. My brother Julian was the one who was this publication and and those you made familiar with him. He was basically the scholar historian of black professional wrestlers. He wrote Black Stars of Professional Wrestling back in nineteen ninety nine. This was before there was all of these podcasts and all of this focusing on black professional wrestlers. He was the one that was doing that, and this was his publication originally, and when he passed in twenty twenty, I updated his book back in twenty twenty two, which was the second edition, and the industry of course has grown and has recognized the talents and the marketability, I should say, of more black wrestlers. And so this one is the third edition and it's really more a mind which has uh some scholarship in it as well.
Speaker 1: Got you, got you?
Speaker 2: Got you?
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, what got you into wrestling in the first place? Like how not not a fan, but what got you interrestling in the first place? And not a fanatic? But like what got you interrestling?
Speaker 2: Well, like I said, I've watched what professional wrestling my entire life. My family grew up watching professional wrestling, So that's something that's always been a part of me.
Speaker 1: So pretty much by by relation, right by by your family. I mean, that's kind of how I got thro rustling too, Like my sisters like low key force it on me. But yeah, well I got two older sisters, so yeah, and so yeah, that's how I got into rustling. Okay, okay, Uh so let's just to start with your brother, he started this and he took up from there. So why is it so important the catalog? Not only well, I'll say you, why is it so important to the catalogue, especially black world champions.
Speaker 2: Well, because there's so few. And the whole thing about being a champion itself, and a black champion, it goes back to it's a reflection of all of the struggles that black people have had to go through, especially we talked about African Americans in this particular, in this society, we have always had the struggle and always had to fight harder and always had to prove ourselves. Because professional wrestling, which is different from amateur or Olympic wrestling. If you're pure wrestling, will it's not just about your or talent because it's not competition based. People are looking at other aspects like your character and your presentation and your marketability. Can you put butts in the seats? You know, there's so many different factors that they look at before they put the belt on you, because there was so many people before that they considered but never got the actual belt.
Speaker 1: Mm hmmm. And what yeah, what it means to be world champion?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 1: It means like especially because you know, like no, like the modern wrestling is no scripted, right, what it means to be the world champion? It means that that there that that that the company as a whole. They want you to be the face of it. They want you they want to market the company after you know what I'm saying, That's what it is. So yeah, you.
Speaker 2: Are you are the face of the company. The friends. Yes, they they are very selective about anybody who they put own, but definitely when it comes to being uh you know, somebody black, it's it's all. It is very tough.
Speaker 1: Mm hmm okay, okay, so real quick right before a gain more into that. Uh so, so what other like books of projects have worked for written? Oh?
Speaker 2: Well, this is the fourth. I wrote Public Enemy number one back in which was actually it started off as my master's thesis, which was looking at public Enemy at the time. This was like in the early nineteen nineties. And uh, Dolomite the Story of Rudy Ray Moore. My brother and I wrote that publication back around nineteen ninety six, and that was the very first book and probably the only book that has been written on Rudy Ray Moore. So at the time. We got a lot of publicity from that one in twenty nineteen. It was a very slow start in the beginning because everybody, everybody knew Dolomite, and they knew the especially him from the hip hop community. Everybody in rap was sampling him, so everybody knew about him, and people culturally in the black culture know about him, but it was kind of like taboo to talk about him because he had not transitioned at that time, like Red Fox, Richard Pryor, and even Eddie Murphy himself, so you know, him still being he had not made these g rated television shows and other things where people saw him in a different light. So it came, you know, nobody really wanted to touch it and deal with it until Eddie put out the twenty nineteen mainstream movie on Netflix. Okay, now he's got this legitimacy and everybody's talking about it now, and we being the only ones who had wrote the book on him. CNN USA Today, other major media outlets had contacted us for interviews because they wanted to know if the story was real, and yes it was, that was a true biography.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, real quick, right, what can we find we can we find your own writing.
Speaker 2: Everything is on my website, uh, davids dot com. Uh, certainly through webs Amazon and all of those places.
Speaker 1: All right, So just type of your name right on Amazon, So David L. Shabbans's D A V I D of course L B A Z Z type of Amazon, I'm saying. Or just go to w W David L. Shabaz dot com.
Speaker 2: Right, you know, Uh, let me correct you though, brother, it's pronounced your bars. But because it's recorded, when people keep hearing it wrong, I have to correct it.
Speaker 1: No harm, got you got well it might defense right, jazz is still Prounce jazz, but sat.
Speaker 2: It's not an American. So that's what is that?
Speaker 1: Was that your Was that your birth name? What do you take?
Speaker 2: What like a like a that's that's my name?
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, like is it like tything muslim thing? Or just got you got you? Got you? Got you?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 1: All right, Salama like them my brother got you got you okay? Uh but everybody, well quick write this quick plug search my boy David on Amazon. Also going to David dot com. Besides your books, Wells Creed, besides your writing, Wells Creek fin on the website.
Speaker 2: Well, that website is just about books. So that's that's it.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, uh, But but but you have anything, you have any other parties coming up in their future?
Speaker 2: Well, right now my hands are full with this one. And like I said, I'm a I'm a full time college professor, so I don't really have you know, a lot of time. I'm just on the circuit right now with this book.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, so hold we just find it real quick, forgive me. Everybody has a lot of material to them through. But you were talking about, especially back in the day, Well we were talking about, especially back in the day, what it would it meant to be like you know what like a black world champion or a champion in general, right, but especially a black world champion. That means like the companies will make you, will make you the face of their company and so like, especially for you know, African Americans, right, Like you know, it's very challenging to even get that, to get that far right. So, like I'm trying to find the email you sent the press release because you do a credit like you know, people like I don't want to I don't want to misquote you. Find the actual information that you, uh that I've read. Yeah yeah, yeah, you right here, right here, yeah you I'm trying to find oh yeah yeah, because you right here your credit people like Buddy Rogers, the Rock and Roll Express who supported the rights of black wrestlers. So I guess I guess what I'm trying to get to is like, so like like who you like, who you are? Credit break, no helping you know, the rise and successful African Americans come up in wrestling.
Speaker 2: Well, I mean that's and those are through different periods. Nature Boy, Buddy Rogers, he had several matches with Sailor R. Thomas, one of the Four Runners. He held a world title in the World Wrestling Alliance and the w w A, which had broken away from the n w A. At the time, the n w A was the you know, the big major corporation, and they had broken away and had their own what they call the world title, but it wasn't really truly a world title.
Speaker 3: But Nature Boy, Buddy, why why not white not? Because when you talk world, you're talking about you. You're traveling and defending the title throughout the world, not just the United States.
Speaker 1: Got okay, I mean fair point, but okay, right, yeah, yeah, you were saying, though.
Speaker 2: Buddy Rogers had matches with Sailor or Thomas, several matches. At the time, white wrestlers were, especially in the South, were banned from wrestling against blacks. So that's why you credit somebody like Buddy Rogers because he wasn't afraid to go into the ring. Uh, he was taking the risk himself. But it was making big money.
Speaker 1: If it was if he was banned, how was he able to wrestle in anyways? It was a banned.
Speaker 2: They didn't wrestle in the South, Okay, Okay, Yeah, that's that's the Deep South where only black wrestlers could could wrestle against each other. But other about the country, like Wood, he strolled one of the very first people wrestling. They were out in California and other places, just not the Deep South.
Speaker 1: Got you, got you, got you okay, okay. And this would have been like the like mid like ur mid nineties, right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we're talking nineteen forties, nineteen fifties.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, so wild so even I mean, yeah, I know we have so brights still back in the sixties seventies, but to think that, you know, there's still like element of racism even like in the nineteen hundreds in the wrestling industry is still kind of that's kind of crazy.
Speaker 2: So yeah, okay, that's what makes that's what makes the publication so significant.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, okay, who else you have here? Uh? You have here the rock and Roll Express? How did they support the rising and stuff like that? For black wrestlers?
Speaker 2: The Rock and Roll Express were really significant in helping the gangsters. Have you heard of the Gangster? I have, Yes, I have in Smoky Mountain Wrestling. That's where they were really significant and helping them out.
Speaker 1: Mm hmmm. The only reason why because I'm a huge fansion cornet and so yes, so yeah, shoutut to hem real quick. Okay, but yeah, but going going about that a little bit more, how did so so? Yeah, so you're saying the Rock and Roll Express worked a lot with the with the gangsters.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they helped really get over And I mean if people you know, all of that is detailed in the book, how they really helped Nu Jack and Mustafa or get over and.
Speaker 1: Learn rest in peace. New Jackie died like the last year or two ago.
Speaker 2: Yeah, people have heard of recently the Nation of Domination that's an offshoot of the Gangsters.
Speaker 1: Oh really, mm hmmm, I did not see it that way.
Speaker 2: Nothing. That's that's they copied everybody. The people copied other groups. And Delo Brown was once a member of the Gangsters.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, okay, I mean you know more than me. I'm like, I'm from a different generation.
Speaker 2: So yeah, well that's fine. That's that. That's that's the purpose of the book. All of that is detailed in that.
Speaker 1: And I appreciate see your school and me I appreciate this, like like, don't teach me some s t.
Speaker 2: So yeah, we tease each other, but.
Speaker 1: Real quick, give us a give us, give us like a like a preview of the book, you know, like what we expect, you know what mission. It's different to them to learn stuff like that. Look like like a little snap pep of the book.
Speaker 2: Well you've got you've got several of the black wrestlers who won the title. And there have been a lot these days, and this is the singles titles. There are a lot more black females who have the title. And one thing that's really different about this particular addition, because they are more females in there as well. The black tag teams are also yes, also in this particular edition going back to the Soul Patrol, which is Tony Atlas and Rocky Johnson the Rocks Father.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, so what could before I get into listen you a question another question myself, real quick pop quiz. Do you know how many Black World Champions there are in history?
Speaker 2: How many Black World Champions there are in history?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Well that's that's that's in the book.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, So I might read the book to find out.
Speaker 2: We're Yeah, I can't give away everything, brother.
Speaker 1: You got the ol G. You got it all right? Bet so so so okay, bet bet bet okay, bet so. I guess that's a nice secuy to listen to a listener of questions. So for those who are from the show right now, I have a hotline nine one seven two eight three ninety five six. You can text little voicemail or calling live to give your comments or questions. I have quite a few right here. I even have some even now as recording. People still texting me stuff like that. So they want to ask you this. One person asks, do you follow the current wrestling product? If so were promotions?
Speaker 2: Well, I watch a E W and w W E.
Speaker 1: Okay and I assume that's pretty much it, right, No New Japan, no chiple A. That's just those two writers.
Speaker 2: Well only the ones that are that are showcased on those particular shows, the ones that they have partnerships because New Japan has partnership with A.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, so you want to watch it by extension if it's like you know, okay, okay, oh it's crazy. I didn't. I keep it getting he's holding speaking of black champions, what's the name of the NT champion that? It was the name again? I forgot, I lost, I want oh no, no, I was saying, I forgot. It's actually nxt so on tonight heat Wave. I think it's tonight going on right now. Iron enough, he's a black champ. He's a black champion. I forgot. His name is African guy with his name over fed me? Yes, yes, so south of them watching that, I'm done with you go watch that check real quick. Also had let's have the ABU show on today, which I didn't see either, but I get a chance of looking to that look kind of good. Okay, okay, uh, this person acts, hold on this, this person acts What about M M A or other or other combat sports?
Speaker 2: Uh do you like? I guess yeah, uh not really really not really. Again, I'm a I'm an old school guy, and things really have to I have to like the person that has to really be attractive to me. I hadn't watched it since Ken Shamrock and Dan to b Severn and those guys.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no offense, guys, long long time.
Speaker 2: But I'm saying, and if you and if you don't have the charisma that those guys had, I'm not watching dang man. I'm just not a fan. Fans watch everything and everybody that's not me.
Speaker 1: I hear you, I hear you, I hear you. This One person asks, w W E or a.
Speaker 4: W uh w w E has a better overall product, but ae W is is gaining some ground.
Speaker 2: I like some of the things that.
Speaker 1: Ae W does, but a e W still.
Speaker 2: Still is kind of in the minor leagues in my opinion.
Speaker 1: Mm hmm okay, okay, okay, bring good question. This person asks, how do you feel about the current Rustling product?
Speaker 2: Well, it's uh, it has some bright spots. I mean I certainly, I certainly follow it, I certainly keep up with it. I think a e W is bringing a lot of competition, and that's what w w E really needed. They needed that competition. I just want I want ae W to raise their profile a little bit or they seem to be kind of taking on the slot that w c W had to a certain extent, and I think there's a lot more character to them that they can uh bring out without necessarily copying the w w E per se. But I do kind of think you you need to follow what the big juggernaut is doing.
Speaker 1: Okay, Okay, I'll get I'll ask more questions from the audience later on. But I've been thinking about something you said earlier, which has to be thinking. So I'm trying to see how to phrase this. So I guess so you said earlier. You said earlier, Right, it has to be defended across the world to be considered a world champion, a world championship.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: I was to mention like Sasha Bangs, but I lost track of how many she has right now, something will like mentioned her, But I'll give I'll give you an example. This example represents pretty much like my entire point that I'm trying to act the NXT Championship, Right, That's just example of my overall point. Do you consider that World championship. No, because it's not dependent across the world.
Speaker 2: Right. No, n WWE does not consider that a World championship. N NEXT is still that developmental territory. It just happens to be televised, but that's the developmental territory.
Speaker 1: But okay, but see now it's televised, right, so it has a world ride reach, so it doesn't count. No, okay, all right, Okay, w.
Speaker 2: W E does not consider that world titled.
Speaker 1: I mean w w E like they consider stuff. They say, what is it, what isn't, based on what's convenient at that time. So you know, yeah, but okay.
Speaker 2: That's a good point by that.
Speaker 1: So so so some so sometimes the NXT Championship counts, right, Sometimes it doesn't. Sometimes sometimes it's developmental, sometimes it's.
Speaker 2: Third brand, you know, when does it count?
Speaker 1: Well? So okay, so you know how, I'll give you example, right, uh uh Well, recently, right, Charlotte Flair was and Lex were listening, were listening their accomplishments, right, and she brought up that she's a certain how many time champions and she counted the nc NT championships.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: But at the same time, right, you have Sammy's a former NXT champion, right and up until up until, like Russelman at thirty which one was it thirty thirty nine, he never won a championship on the main roster. And they've been saying that he's been champion, but I saw much champion in twenty fourteen, so he's sold. I'm saying county counts.
Speaker 2: I think I know what you're saying.
Speaker 1: Counts.
Speaker 2: It does count when it comes to the titles that you have when you talk about being a triple crown champion or a Grand Slam champion, but not a though it's not a world title. Because when you talk about who's a triple crown, if they won the Intercontinental Championship, a Tag Team Championship, and the world title, then that's a triple crown. And the NXT was one of those, then that can be a Grand Slam because they won four and they'll count the NNT as a championship, but it's not a world champion.
Speaker 1: But they've been to other countries. They've been next they they've been like, they've been to Canada, they've been to Japan, they've been there. No, we still know they've been to Austria, they've been, they've been around the world.
Speaker 2: I got what you're saying, but it's not a world title. In a championship, but it's not a world title.
Speaker 1: Okay, I know, I know you don't really follow in these, right, but you know I do, especially right here in New York City, Right, you have One Division Pro, you have LPW and all kinds of places, and real quick shout to Jared Diaz. He's the current one Division Pro champion. And myself right and the people on One Division Pro, we we not only try to market him as a world champion, but we demonstrate that by having him go to Mexico and go to Europe and all the world. And so would you count and so this is the true think we because I work I keep seeing we because I worked with them for a little bit. So we would send we would send Jaredy not only over the country, but we sent to we sent them to Europe, and we sent them to Japan, and we send them to them wherever else around the world. Right, would you count that as a world champion because we're we're sending him all the world to defend it. Would you count championship?
Speaker 2: Well, it's it's not up to me, it's what the promotion considers a world title.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, that's that's not up to Okay, well all right, right, well I consider the One Division Pro Championship World Championship. I also consider the lp W Championship world championship because only King, the former champion, was depending in Japan an overplaced, so shouting him for that, Okay, okay. So it's like so based on we're just saying, right, it's not only like where they defend it or where they will feature it, but also if the company treats it like a world championship, I.
Speaker 2: Don't, right, and your point, I just you what you're saying, but I don't.
Speaker 1: No, I'm asking I'm asking you like the world I'm asking you so so we can agree on So according to you what you're saying, right, it depends on the cow the champion, and I'm not the promotion. How treats it?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 1: How do they treat it? That's that's what you're saying.
Speaker 2: Mm hmm.
Speaker 1: Would I be wrong? When I be like wrong? Is saying that? Okay? It's uh, let's say the intercon champion, right, the inter icy champion, right? Well, I thought that's the bad example. That's bad example, so accord to the criteria is that the company has to technowledge it as the world championship. Mm hmm okay, and they also have and also they have to defend it across the world. That's what you're saying too, right, Yes, So those are the two criterias, okay for to be that you consider for the world chap to be a world championship.
Speaker 2: Got you?
Speaker 1: Okay? All right, So I guess okay, so cool, cool cool. I guess that's just trying to clear up. Let give us some list questions. I got some from my boy Chris Flemming shot at him, regularly call him. He asks here at the hotline, what or how has the wrestling business changed from the old to the new?
Speaker 2: Cool? You guys have some have some nice broad questions there, because that's that's wide open. It's it's. I wish it was a little more specific there, but I mean it's it's it's changed. And uh, I mean how far back in the day from the territories. Certainly television changed wrestling itself. When you look at the popularity of the sport, it's it's, it's it's got a major following now, I mean we're talking we're talking billions of dollars. W W is like eight billion dollars in a w is like like two billions something like that. I mean, so it's uh, it's it's huge these days.
Speaker 1: Okay, Okay, I guess this last question I could ask and by ways Closten there he acts or he or she don't know who this is, but this person acts. What the differences or what transitions do you foresee with today's talent?
Speaker 2: What ask that again? What transitions do I see with today's talent?
Speaker 1: What differences or what transitions do you foresee? Oh, with today's talent.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's that's kind of that's kind of predictive. It will put me into more of a wizard's kind of position. I mean I don't I can't really foresee where the talent is going. I like educated, guess old school talent. I would like for them to be. I would like for the new people to be more like the old school talent. And by that that's what I mean by I don't just watch the show just to watch it. People could back in the day, they could cut promos and you enjoyed it, not even wrestling in the ring. They knew how to build a feud with another person promoted in the ring against each other. And that's what I'm seeing. I want people to understand the Rock was an old school artist. He knew that gift of the gap. He knew how to talk and how to build a feud before he got into the fight with the person. That's what I want to see. I can't say I foresee that happening. I would love for that to happen. I would love for those the new talent to study the older talent and be able to draw people in just by what you're saying. That is something that Dusty Rhodes was good about. That's something that Air was good about. You know, they could talk and that's what made the difference.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, all right, I think that's everything we got for now. Real quick, plugs your website w w w W dot, w w w dot David dot com. Also just search also just search David la on Uh what's it called? Uh? What was it? Amazon?
Speaker 2: Yeah? The bookstores?
Speaker 1: Yeah, right, well, real quick, like with all the bookstores, we found that like virtually or like or like in real.
Speaker 2: Life worldwide, every bookstore.
Speaker 1: Books so borns and Nobles, uh borders what every book still everybody? Okay? And online and in real life? Right yes, yes, okay, okay, bet but uh social media.
Speaker 2: All of that is still run through my website but essentially at David Elschabas.
Speaker 1: Okay, Uh so Twitter, Facebook, Instagram LinkedIn for him just in few okay, everybody real quick check out, not just well check it out, like like literally check it out, check out, get it from the store, however how you get it from?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 1: What's seen the book? What's in the book? Tell us? Tell you, tell us Black Gold Discovering Pro Wrestling's Black World Champions, Volume three or through the dish.
Speaker 2: Has to say what what's in the book?
Speaker 1: No, no, I'm saying plug the book, Come on the book.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I mean, if you want to learn about the history of the black professional wrestling champions who were world champions, it's all detailed in this book. The femaleampions are there, the tag team champions are there. That's what especially in this one unique. I also have a for the scholars out there. There's a rhetorical analysis that starts off with WrestleMania nineteen, the match between Triple H and Booker T and that particular promo was very controversial thing that that kind of sets the stage for what we're talking about and gives people an idea of what the black people have to go through to be a champion.
Speaker 1: M So, so yeah, you cover people like bear Cat, right, both Brazil, Ron Simmons, Uh, Mercedes, Monet Blanca, Bellaire, Jay Cargill. Who else you got? Naomi? He just gave it up this out recently quest lations her for her pregnancy. But real quick, right, you said that you that you only follow like W W A W right, So so Mercedes especially right, she has like multiple titles concurrently, right, So the New Japan, well, well I don't really know which ones they are, so dang, I gotta look them up because all right, so do you count? So do you count?
Speaker 2: Not?
Speaker 1: I'm not talking about what she has right now, I'm talking saying in general, So do you count, for example, the New Japan Championship, World Championship? Do you count like the Triple A Championship? You count? Like antheis not w W or A W.
Speaker 2: Yes, New Japan is definitely a world time.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, okay, okay, yeah, but the thing is right, you don't really follow you don't really follow anything other than those A W W W, so like you could be missing. I mean, I'm not saying that I don't know if they do or don't because I'm not super young, not as deep the history as you are, but like seeing as we.
Speaker 2: Follow when you when you say follow, I can follow them online. Now if you're talking about do I watch those shows? No, because I don't have access to watch those shows on TV, so I can't follow them like that when you say follow, But you.
Speaker 1: Still got you still got to be still do your still you do your due diligence, you still do your research, right, okay, okay, okay, okay, okay, cool cool, cool, okay.
Speaker 2: What they don't show in your area?
Speaker 1: I mean, well, well aspar as New Japan goals right, New Japan World, it's like ten dollars a month, that's for fans. Okay, gotcha, gotcha, gotcha, got you, got you? Got you? Got you? Do you did you ever watch? Did you ever like like watch or follow TEENA? Yes, I'm just curious. Okay, okay, okay, I haven't watched ten years because they stopped showing it on my cable provider. They stop carrying on the Verizon.
Speaker 2: That's what I'm saying, brother, I was saying earlier. I mean, you can't really watch what they don't what they don't show. They did have a YouTube, a presence on YouTube at one time, but that's.
Speaker 1: I gotta get the Somebody tell me how to watch t X look good stuff, the whole NXT partnership. I how to watch how to watch teen A? Does like get the app or something?
Speaker 2: Now? No?
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, I think that's everything. And last worst we signed off.
Speaker 2: Again. I mean, if you want to know about the history of the black professional rap there's Champions World Champions, go out and get the book. It tells you everything about the singles champions as well as the tag team champions.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, I get that book with quicks up playing, get that book. I'm I'm I'm gonna read it. I definitely want interested. I like, I like to read personally. I played like a little about history and a lot of stuff. So I'm getting the book too. That's Black Gold Discovery Pro Wrestlings Black Champions, third Edition. It's everywhere, man, It's all Amazon. It's like it's like in little bookstores like Barnes and Nobles, wherever you can go. Well, David L. Shabaz, all right, check that out, chak out website that David Olshabas dot com. Thank you for the questions. I got a lot of them this time, so I appreciate you all listening high now on seven five to six w dot com. I think we're out of here by way right for if you were curious, right reason why I'm not d I'm on my bed because I have a leg cramps. I'm trying to stretch my leg. I'll be all right, That's why I don't want to do think I'll like be like disrespectful whatever.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you didn't get a herd in the ring? Did you?
Speaker 1: Oh? Nah? Nah. It's funny too because I was just talking about that before before he came on. I was on the phone with a friend of mine and I was telling how how I'm trying to get im trying to get batically cleared, not not to rustle, but to be like a like a what do you call it? Be featured on a on a promotion look look promotion in New York City. So yeah, uh so they say, too bad if you if you know more about me, what's going on for me? Social media.
Speaker 2: You already know what it is.
Speaker 1: It's not about me, thought my boy David Shabaz Instagram, uh, Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn and I was just going to website that again, David boss dot com and get his book and stop playing. Get his book. It's good stuff, good stuff, a lot of a lot of now, a lot of knowledge can be dropped on you. So tat out real quick. All right man, I'm gonna go take some leave, get something to eat and just relax and uh yeah man, I'm aller to good stuff, right yeah, come on again some time.
Speaker 2: Love to love too. Thank you your your listeners as well. Yes, all right man, all right see