Speaker 1: Streaming live on the Ihearts Radio while this is I on the Ball with Steve Rivera on Fox Sports fourteen fifty.
Speaker 2: Hey, welcome back to Eye on the Ball here on Fox Sports fourteen fifty. I'm Steve Rivera, You're Dave Silbert, and now we have Ryan with breaking news.
Speaker 1: This is I on the Ball, breaking news on Fox Sports fourteen fifty.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 2: Let me interrupt you real quick so people won't think I'm in David aren't crazy. Ernie Kent was the name we were looking for.
Speaker 4: Thank you, Dave. That's right.
Speaker 3: I just needed to give you a break. Yes, just think about it. Thank you, all right. Start with University Arizona Volleyball. Arizona center Avery Scoggins was named the Big twelve Volleyball Rookie of the Week. That's her second one of the season.
Speaker 4: Nice.
Speaker 2: Okay, Then they're doing well, right, what do you have the record up there? They're doing better than we thought they would at least.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they're doing pretty good. Pull it up. I'll look keep talking about THEE will be your information guy.
Speaker 3: Former I got the NBA starting tonight. He's got some former Arizona Wildcats that made the NBA rosters.
Speaker 4: Yeah, did you see that? You got the list? Do great?
Speaker 3: At least there's nine players. At least three more have accepted or expected to be in the season on two way contracts. Brandon Williams, he's a two way guy, two a guy. He's with Dallas, Dallas, Christian Coloco the Lakers, okay cool? And Keisha Johnson the two ways you got. Josh Green with the Hornets, which I Josh Green with the whole because he got traded and get traded traded, thank you?
Speaker 5: Poor him? Yeah, I gotta go to poor him. He's making millions, but he was on a pretty good team before. I wish, I wish Dallas.
Speaker 4: What do you get traded for? Did you do you remember?
Speaker 2: It doesn't matter, but because it had to be somebody good, because if you're going to Dallas, you're gonna get some gonna get some players. But I don't remember who it was. Dave Will Dave Will be the handy guy. Dale and Terry for the Bulls.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Aaron Gordon with the Nuggets, a new contract to contract contract, four year contract. Zeke Naji, Yeah with the Nuggets, right, Benedict Mathern with the Pacers.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he's going to be a huge star this year. Is he going to be healthy? Twenty fourish? He came out because yeah.
Speaker 5: I mean, the Pacers did so good, but he wasn't even playing at the end of the season, right right.
Speaker 2: T J McConnell with the Pacers. Another dude who you never thought and he's killing it. He'll be making the Ring of Honor here Arizona.
Speaker 4: Telly Larson with the Heat. Yeah, he made the roster, made the number one roster.
Speaker 3: DeAndre Ayton with the Trail Blazers. Yeah, and Lori Marketing with the Jazz. He just signed a right right. I love the way Lori plays. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Did you see the trade?
Speaker 5: Yeah, Josh went to Charlotte. It was a it was a big trade. It was a sixteen trade. Yeah, how Charlotte. I mean, I can't go through all this. Jackson Reggie Jackson was in there.
Speaker 4: Mister October. Yeah, Josh is still only twenty three.
Speaker 2: Yeah, these kids are Yeah, well, Sean has been gone four years now and he was playing from then.
Speaker 5: Jackson, Reggie Jackson's been in the league for thirteen years. Oklahoma City, Detroit, Clippers, Nuggets. It's one of those guys that just he seems to be in the playoffs every year with somebody yeah hideohole runs. Yeah and that too, Yeah, Josh. Fifty seven games last year for Dallas averaged eight points. So good luck and Charlotte, well, maybe we'll see you.
Speaker 3: Ever so often. Let's switch over to the NFL. Some injury news from last night's game between the Ravens and Buccaneers. Godwin is likely out for the year and Mike Evans is going to be out until after their bye week, which is week eleven. It's kind of a it's a big blow for for Tampa Bay.
Speaker 4: And they lost to Baltimore. Baltimore is pretty tough.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I've said this, Well, put some money on it. Baltimore's gonna win the Super Yeah.
Speaker 5: Last night was the Harbaugh doubleheader, right because yeah, you get the San Diego John and Jim.
Speaker 4: San Diego gain l A l A. One of these days they'll get it.
Speaker 5: They're playing Phoenix way their Arizona who won the game lest night? Cardinals Cardinals one. I didn't even I didn't watch it. The football basketball. I had one of those double screen nights going with the basketball football.
Speaker 4: What it happened to the picture in picture, I don't I don't know. Well, you know it's called YouTube TV.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, let me right right, you can do that yeah sometimes, okay, well not U A BA ESPN plus is not part of that. I've learned that. So you could watch. Oh you have to get that on a real teav or separately in a way, because with YouTube you can get For example, I was watching, you know, baseball and football at the same time.
Speaker 2: So let me ask you a private You don't have to answer me. You can just say steep ship up. So you have two k you have YouTube TV. You have YouTube yeah that cost something, right, yeah?
Speaker 5: And cheap no, okay, and then you have a regular cable I do okay.
Speaker 2: I think you just lost one hundred dollars bill on the floor. Yeah, So it's just through how much total?
Speaker 6: How much?
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I'm not going Yeah, it's like you say, yeah, because I paid like a two hundred sem I just had h and I you know, I wish I could just get rid of it, but I'm not smart enough took up all the Hulu stuff.
Speaker 4: I have to call my son. Could you come over and do this for me? I'm pretty good at that.
Speaker 2: So we we have you and you can go to the house, Yeah, get your pizza.
Speaker 5: But it is, I mean, it's kind of a cool feature that, you know, being a TV person, I used to have to that much, you know, with two or three different monitors and record.
Speaker 4: Two games at the same time or three and then and then.
Speaker 2: Then why we don't have a HD a d h D because we were watching too many damn things at the same time with a ticker going on.
Speaker 5: The bottom and people will yell at me like, how can you do that? Well, pleasure right in your you know, your new story watching the game. So it was it was a good way to balance things out.
Speaker 3: There was not a Cardinals linebacker Dennis Gardick. He tore his a c L last night. He's going to miss the remainder of the twenty twenty four seasons. Just maybe a dumb statement, as usually do.
Speaker 2: But there seems to be a lot of injuries this year, and maybe there were in the past and you just pay attention or it's just you know, a recency bias.
Speaker 4: There's a lot of people getting hurt, a lot a lot of ACYL tears this year.
Speaker 5: It seems like, yeah, and maybe it's this time of year or two where they've now we're into like six or seven games, and yeah, the body isn't maybe as strong as it was in September.
Speaker 2: And well, who knows. You you've seen football a long time, Dave. The athletes running fifteen twenty miles an hour and crashing into people, right, that that doesn't I'm sure it doesn't feel well getting crushed like.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean Deshaun Watson didn't even no one even touched him, and he tore his achilles the other day. So that's that's rough when that happens. I mean, that seems to be like I remember when Durant did his. Yeah, it's kind of like, how did that happen?
Speaker 4: You know?
Speaker 5: Well Rogers last year, Aaron Rodgers. Yeah, they barely they don't even get touched. Make some kind of weird mind.
Speaker 4: Don't touch me now, I just hear it. Cramp. I just not cramped way mine now and myself and I'm not playing out of the chair.
Speaker 3: So you were to MLB, the commissioner has said they want to keep the Rays near the Tampa area. With the damage to the to the chop this season.
Speaker 2: Yeah, when you guys were talking about I didn't even put one in one together or one in two and two together. I think that was the Tampa Bay Place. But yeah, no, two three weeks ago it got destroyed.
Speaker 4: Bad hurricane damage. You know, what are they gonna do either?
Speaker 5: I guess they could play some of the games early in the season before it gets brutally humid and hurricane ish and summer. But I don't know is there any where they can play in in Florida where I mean, obviously the A's are going to Sacramento.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's going to be a small field, right that.
Speaker 2: That Arena stotl Or Stadium's not till twenty twenty eight, and someone in Vegas.
Speaker 4: Yeah, at least something. Oh gosh, that's gonna be a long time.
Speaker 5: I guess they announced yesterday they're gonna play on grass, which is good because it's gonna be brutally hot in Sacramento in the summer time.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Sacramento is undeceivedly very hot.
Speaker 5: Ye summer, I mean by July or June July, it's gonna be warm. And I don't know how many Peo we're gonna want to watch Oakland against, you know, Tampa when they come in.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, well.
Speaker 3: It's possible they could they could play in some of our spring training facility down there in Florida.
Speaker 5: That's where they have true, right, but the tenants would be not very good. But I don't think it's very good anyway. Well for Oakland, for Tampa, oh really, but no for Tampa too.
Speaker 4: I don't know. I don't know if they draw that much.
Speaker 3: They haven't. It's gone down in the recent years. You can just see it on the TV's like they're all spread out and.
Speaker 5: Right, yeah, yeah, that probably makes sense. They have a million stadiums in that area, which.
Speaker 3: Over to the NBA got opening nights tonight, got the Knicks, Celtics and the Key, Wolves and Lakers. Do we see Brownie James make his debut and play with his dad?
Speaker 5: I think so under ten minutes of course National TV Opening Night. Of course he's going to play, unless he's sick or something, but he'll play and we'll see and it'll make a big deal. And like I said earlier, the Griffis are going to be there, the other father son combo that had great careers themselves.
Speaker 4: I don't know if Briannie, you know, so second round pick.
Speaker 2: So baseball it starts Friday, right, isn't in l.
Speaker 4: A first two, I.
Speaker 2: Think, So it's okay, what do you you know the odds, I'll check the odds.
Speaker 4: Yankees are favored? What is it?
Speaker 5: Do you know?
Speaker 4: I don't know if they're I don't know about the odds.
Speaker 5: I'm just looking at some stories all some reporters staff predictions. Yankees sixty three percent, Dodgers thirty seven. The problem with the Dodgers is they're pitching depth. I mean the other day they're just throwing out all these reliefs.
Speaker 2: But they've survived to this point with it. I mean, they didn't think they'd get this far. But they have such good hitting.
Speaker 5: Their lineup is so tough, and I think they have fewer holes than the Yankees.
Speaker 3: A couple couple of good lineups. Think it's going to be a yeah. Some people were saying and Dodgers and like five.
Speaker 4: So it's just minus one thirty plus one ten? Is that right?
Speaker 2: So no, the Dodgers are favored by So it looks like the Yankees winning the two series to one of the there's still underdogs at one ten. I would bet, though I would better, I think. And that's just the spite.
Speaker 4: J too. He must he must be excited.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think he's going I don't know they're going there. I think he's going to get how much he's gonna spend?
Speaker 4: Oh I heard what he's gonna Let him talk about that.
Speaker 5: Yeah, ticket Look at just quick glance here. Tickets is low as one.
Speaker 4: Right, that's it. Hey, can you see the field?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Right? Well you said you paid. I can't remember. We paid a lot of money to sit, but you had nice seats.
Speaker 5: We did, But tickets were you know, they were over a thundred You would.
Speaker 4: You kill you get those? I did? Ticket mister ticketmaster.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I had to take out a second mortgage, you know.
Speaker 4: Stop. You said it was worth it, You said it was.
Speaker 5: It was a blast again, I was. I was with one of my kids, and you know, can you beat that? It was just fun to experience that. And he's a lifelong Diamondbacks fan. He was pretty young when they first got here, and he was, you know, just kind of grew up with them, and even as he's gotten older and moved away, he still supports them at least watches them and we text all the time about it.
Speaker 4: And it was great to finally have that chance. Yeah, it's funny. In two thousand and one.
Speaker 2: I had two tickets to go to Game one, uh, and I got them and I was going to go with my with my then wife, and uh, I said, you know what, this is how stupid, this is the this is the Josh Passner reaction. I have my good friends who've never been in a stage like this. I want to give them to my friends. They paid whatever I paid for him written not very much, and they went to Game one and we were at the bar outside it. We went with him, and they enjoyed it tremendously. And I'm thinking they'll be back a few times. Right You're thinking, oh, yeah, it happens all the time. It doesn't happen all the time in two thousand and one for basketball, right, Oh, they'll be back heads four years later, still waiting.
Speaker 5: The thing I like about those things too, when you go to a Super Bowl or World Series, is this the other side events that are going on there? You know, the party, the pregame stuff is cool.
Speaker 4: They did. I think they announced like.
Speaker 5: The Roberto Clemente Award, you know, and some you know, the commissioners there and I don't even remember who won it last year, But just that that kind of stuff that you'll you know, you only see at the World Series and then you know all the sponsor type stuff and you know, fly by by, uh, some gigantic Air Force plane coming over. So there's all a lot of pomp and circumstance. Sure, no, no, it's the fun. It's why I don't like this final four of Phoenix because it's not all a one place. You have it right all over the place, and it's you can't enjoy the atmosphere. Not like you probably went to a New Orleans. You went to Indianapolinnapolis was great. It was you know them in San Antonio. It's where it's all downtown and everybody's it's like Vegas. It's like the MGM in Vegas, right, you see everybody and it's right there.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Yeah, Where is it this year? I don't know. I think it's not in Houston. It's Houston soon. I'm not too sure.
Speaker 5: Yeah, some of these cities, I mean, Indianapolis are kind of on a rotation. Yeah, Like there's basically like six places now it seems where they're over and over again.
Speaker 3: W n B, a twenty year veteran and future Hall of Famer, Diana's Rossi is still considering her decisions.
Speaker 2: Oh really really Yeah, my friend Mike, Mike, my guy who's here on Mondays, but to go to him and his wife went to go see her play, probably in her final home game up in Phoenix, and for that reason.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I think she was there that night of the w NBA Final. Everybody seemed to be at that that last game. They got huge ratings and all the all their superstar players were there and you know super and Megan Rappino.
Speaker 4: Gabriel Reese or was not Gabriel that Reese? Yeah, Angel Angel Chris was there.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 4: It was kind of weird. Did you were you watching it? She's like on the court. I was dressed up. It was kind of strange. Yeah, everybody who's who, blah blah blah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but that was that was good. Spike Lee, Spike Lee. Yeah, will be at the World another minute we get any more stuff.
Speaker 3: I don't know if you talked about this yesterday, but the Arizona soccer they won their final home game on Friday, I don't think so I won, and Thenday they will finish on the road at Arizona State and.
Speaker 5: Then hope they get into the playoffs in the playoffs. Okay, super Ball is thirteen and five. Yeah, that's what I'm only two and five in the Big twelve. That's not They're playing a su this week, and I think maybe Steve Quis, who we're talking to soon. Yeah, we'll talk be doing Yeah, it's a home game. He should be doing that game Thursday night. Oh, I think that's when he's staying there leaving. I think we'll talk to him. Okay, we'll talk to him. But again, one of those one of those ESPN plus situations. A lot of games are on there, so if you want to watch, yeah, some of the other.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's cheap, it's not that much.
Speaker 5: Just an Now you just tack it onto your Hulu, ESPN whatever you know, so you get it. But now, I again, as a sports fan, if you're you of a fan, I think you have to get to get it right. You know, you get things and ten dollars are killing me. Not so long enough that I can figure it out, but in the coming years I may have to ask for some help.
Speaker 4: Looking it up. Dave, as you hook my stuff up, you can come into my house. Okay, we're good. Watch the next next few we together.
Speaker 1: Now your chance to win one thousand dollars. Just enter this nation wide keyword on our website. Dollar that's dollar. Enter it right now. Fox Sports fourteen fifty dot com.
Speaker 4: Your passion, your joy and excitement.
Speaker 1: From the latest slots and table games, to award winning dining, two world class at entertainment to.
Speaker 4: A luxurious resort. Discover all this and more.
Speaker 5: Discover with Soul Casino Dell Soul, the Soul of Tucson.
Speaker 4: Are you ready enterprise so Fasco Yuki try.
Speaker 8: The Window Depot has everything you need to create the kitchen or bathroom of your dreams. Browseyisles of instock cabinets available in a variety of sizes and configurations, and instantly elevate your space.
Speaker 4: Today.
Speaker 8: Visit a showroom and let our experts guide you. Whether you're choosing for mondy to Go designs or creating a custom masterpiece. We can help you select the perfect with type, color and style, and top it off with unique hardware to complete your look. Find a location near you at the Window Deepot dot com. The Window Depot more than a windows store.
Speaker 2: Steve Rivera here to talk about doratle rock and materials. I needed a lot of gravel for my driveway, so I called Eric at Dorato Rock. He found out the amount and color I needed and boom, it was taken care of and at a great price. How do I know radio commercials work. I heard one of his on the radio. Dorato Rock and Materials provides a wide range of landscaping materials, including decorative rock, boulders, gravel, soil, and sand for residential and commercial use in the Tucson area. They are locally owned and have been around for more than fifteen years. Give them a call at five two zero four zero zero for two three three.
Speaker 4: Where do you buy exercise equipment?
Speaker 7: Arizona Health Arizona Health Arizona Health.
Speaker 9: Of course, to feel better and look better, it makes sense to buy your fitness equipment from the people who know it better than anyone else. At Arizona Health, our goal is to help you choose the equipment you need to reach your goals, your health and fitness to serve the best you deserve.
Speaker 4: Arizona Health the lead.
Speaker 6: Madge and Exercise Equipment on twenty.
Speaker 10: Second, just west of Wilmot School and the fall sports season are in full stride. Time to give that special student athlete a creative award for his or her efforts they are deserving. It's also time to rejuvenate your fall apparel with a crisp looking embroidered school corporate logo on caps, shorts or long sleeve follows. And why not get some fresh looking promotional products representing your school or corporation or just giveaways for the upcoming twenty twenty five season.
Speaker 4: For over one thousand fun items to.
Speaker 10: Choose froom, come visit Creative Awards at Creative awardsaz dot com or see our Idea Center at two twenty eight West TrackMan Street.
Speaker 11: At Nova home Loans, we believe everyone deserves the opportunity to enjoy the independence that comes with home ownership. Paul Volpi is ready to help you find an option that best fits your needs. Whether you're a first time or veteran home buyer or want to get cash out with the refinance. Nova has a variety of home loan programs to meet your unique situation. Visit voltpeteam dot com, that's Volpe team dot com or call five to two oh six eight five six two six Today in MLS three oh eight seven aerzon A b K nine two nine four two Equal Housing Opportunity Got to commitment to Lyndrix, syn credit rates and avaiable loan programs or such exchange.
Speaker 4: Don't notice. Did you know?
Speaker 10: Collecting sports cards is one of the fastest growing hobbies around. Whether you're looking at start or expand your collection, Showtime Cards is your ultimate destination. As one of the leading card shops in the country, we've been serving our community for over twenty five years with the best in sports cards and trading card games. From rare fines to the latest releases, Showtime Cards has it all. Check them out at Showtimecards dot Com or visit them on Eastpeedway and discover white collectors everywhere. So I showed Time cars for their passion.
Speaker 12: On a road trip or just around town. Driving a car you can afford is more important than ever. At Pyramid Federal Credit Union, our one rate auto loan is for everyone. One rate offers a single competitive rate no matter your credit score. You can borrow better with pearing it. For details or to apply online, visit Pyramid FCU dot com slash one rate. Pyramid Federal Credit Union is an equal opportunity lender federally insured by NCUA.
Speaker 7: Got bugs, termites, fees or rodents Arizona Pest Control will hunt them down.
Speaker 4: Arizona Pest Control is your complete.
Speaker 7: Desert Pest management specialists can't run or high from Arizona Pest Control. They use only the latest and most technologically advanced methods of pest elimination available, which minimizes the effects on the environment. Let Arizona Pest Control get rid of your bad bugs, termites, bees, or rodents serving Tucson and Southern Arizona since nineteen forty seven. Go to azpest dot com to schedule your free evaluation today.
Speaker 2: Want to build your business better, There's no place better than the Arizona Business Networking Conference December tenth to the twelfth at Casino del Sol. Meet thirty five premier speakers, including you a All American Ricky Hunley, All of Fame coach, Mike Kendrea, CEOs and more. Expand your professional network, explore new opportunities and learn from industry leaders. Get your tickets at tuson Business Networking dot com slash Leadership. That's tusom Business Networking dot Com slash Leadership.
Speaker 1: Breaking down all the xys and ohs. This is I on the Ball with Steve Rivera on Box Sports fourteen fifty.
Speaker 2: Hey, welcome back to I on the ball here at Fox Sports fourteen fifty.
Speaker 4: I'm Steve Rivera. He's Dave Silver.
Speaker 2: Now on the phone, we have Steve quiz last night's basketball play by play with Matt Mielbach. How are you doing, Steve.
Speaker 13: I'm doing wonderful. I had a great night last night, but already back at my full time job in San Diego.
Speaker 4: Just grind in away, grinding away at the beach. What Pini Collide wish.
Speaker 13: It's actually I think I think I brought the weather back with me because that win that we had in Tucson and the hot weather is right here in San Diego. I'm standing outside. I'm boiling right now in San Diego is not supposed to be like this.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 4: One of the.
Speaker 13: Final weeks of October.
Speaker 4: Are you there next weekend? Where?
Speaker 13: Oh that's right, You're coming for Breeders Cup, aren't you room believe it or not. The only two days I have off between now and the end of the year will be November second and third and the first, so super py.
Speaker 6: Yeahday, You'll be my uber.
Speaker 4: You take me everywhere I want to go.
Speaker 2: Hey, you bet I was thinking I was thinking as you came up, how what years were you here working?
Speaker 13: So I was a student from eighty nine to ninety two. I was Dave Silver's intern probably in what ninety two I would think.
Speaker 14: Dave yes, during the during the riots in LA and then uh, we're have anything to do with And then I was uh, ninety three I was with the Toros, and.
Speaker 13: Then ninety four through two thousand kold. Oh wow, so you're direct competitor of one day so.
Speaker 2: Yes, yeah, so six years no friendly competition though? Are you here longer than I think in terms of being a student?
Speaker 4: You are? You?
Speaker 2: So between us we have like one hundred years of journalism in this damn place.
Speaker 13: Yeah, I have.
Speaker 6: I had eleven years.
Speaker 13: And then as I think I said last time I was on here, I own property there. So I've been a Pimath County taxpayer up until May thirty first of this year, for I don't know, thirty years, thirty five years or so.
Speaker 4: So crazy. Yeah, and your money went to U of A because your kid went to u A. Yeah sort of.
Speaker 13: But uh yeah, but he got a lot.
Speaker 6: Of scholarships and that kind of stuff and got for scholarships.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so what's it like to be back now as a you know, professional broadcaster. You grew up here, you learned the trade here, and now you are right in the middle of it all.
Speaker 4: What's what's it been like to yeah, step this role.
Speaker 13: No, it's a good question. It's kind of surreal. I mean, you'll, I mean, Scott, we've known each other now thirty years as I was, you know, one of your interns, and you know how excited I was to try and get on the air and do you know a bunch of different things. But I've always wanted to do play by playing my foot in the door was you know, was being an anchor at Channel thirteen. But that was kind of surreal because I had done a game in every single if you go back to the Pac twelve, I'd done a game for ESPN in every.
Speaker 6: Single venue except for McHale.
Speaker 13: Center, and then last night was the first time going back and doing it. So after like thirty five years, I mean, I felt like Rudy leading the Notre Dame fighting Irish out of the tunnel you know where where they air PARSIGI and finally gave me an opportunity, or Dan de Vine to go out there on the field and do something, so it.
Speaker 6: Was really it was really cool, and it was an exhibition game.
Speaker 13: I mean, for me, it just meant the world because I had never done it before. I'd called a couple of Aztec games when I was the voice of San Diego State basketball, and a couple of Arizona games when one of the voice of the Aztecs and they had come out to San Diego State. And then I did one for ESPNU at the Wooden Legacy, you know. But it was like a ten am Sunday morning game on ESPN eight.
Speaker 6: So this is kind of cool to yeah, to settle in.
Speaker 13: And Matt and Neilbaik. It's funny. Matt Muilwak and I have seen each other probably once or twice a year in passing for the last thirteen years. We've always said, one day we're going to work together. And we were at the bar at dirt Bags at homecoming last year when we beat New Mexico or UCLA rather in November, and we were like, I don't think this is ever going to happen, and then here it is. One year later, we got.
Speaker 6: A chance to work with each other. So it was a it was a pretty fun real night.
Speaker 13: It meant met a lot to me, you'd be able to do that.
Speaker 4: I don't know if you saw.
Speaker 2: I think you did because you retweeted our social media post about today's show. And I'm looking at your photo and said, you look like you're twelve and I don't know how old show.
Speaker 6: But Dave silt I mean, Dave looks like he's on TMZ or something like that.
Speaker 13: Yeah, he got that one picture.
Speaker 5: I do have the same picture with the hair that's not nearly that color anymore.
Speaker 4: Well, how could they don't do that for me? Then?
Speaker 2: You know, what the hell? Hey, so what did you think last night? What were your impressions?
Speaker 13: I mean, that's pretty good. I mean, you know, look at look at who they played. Obviously, you know, I don't want to pay anything away from Eastern New Mexico but a Division two team, but I you know, I was pretty because of being in this position to watch them scrimmage on Thursday over at the Richard Jefferson Gymnasium, and they were really going after it. And those same ten that you saw Tommy play until about the what under four time out at the end when he emptied the bench, you know, to get the other eight guys, and they played eighteen last night that that first ten were battling each other for forty minutes in that gym, and they were they were really good. So I put a lot more stock in the at the scrimmage that I know a lot of the you know, only a handful of us got an opportunity to see. But then I think you saw it on display. And you know, I mean obviously when they get into the big twelve, it's you know, they're not gonna be able to throw those home runs. You know, Russell Wilson passes down the length of the court. But boy, they they've got some death too, and they've got a lot of guys that put a lot of effort in. And I'm pretty impressed with what I saw there last night.
Speaker 2: How about Townsend, He's the biggest surprise to me. I didn't really realized he could shoot the ball like he did.
Speaker 13: Yeah, I didn't either. I mean, he had those big games, right, I mean a huge game against Kentucky and the NCAA tournament, and he had that thirty point game against nc Statement. At the time, I didn't really pay and probably like most two zones, I didn't pay particular attention to how he was doing it or even who he was, because I didn't know he would be on Arizona's roster or would have paid more attention. But yeah, he was good and coming out and making those threes. It's you know, I made four threes before he finally had that heat check and missed the last one. And actually in that scrimmage, like Carter Bryant did the same exact thing. He was making four to threes. So he got a lot of different guys that can stretch the floor. And Vasar made a three, and you saw they had what fourteen threes and maybe five or six different guys made made one, So I think that'll be big and certainly had a lot of effort, and I think Conrad Martinez looked really good as the backup point guard, did Jayden Bradley, And what was really impressive them sharing the ball and also with the fact that you know, I mean love gets comes an ap All American early in the day, we lead the broadcast talking about that, and then he doesn't really do much and Bradley didn't do much, and they got, you know, a lot of good out of the supporting cast. So if you can go through the whole year like that, where you're supporting cast guys or scoring buckets for you. I think it votes pretty well for how this team could finish in the Big Twelve.
Speaker 4: I was thinking too last year.
Speaker 5: You know, Caleb was so good pretty much the entire season, and he kind of went up and down the last month, and that was it seemed to be the fear of most Arizona fans was, man, if Caleb has a bad game, this thing is going to be over. Yeah, and we saw that happen. So maybe there's a little more backup. Maybe there's a few more guys who can who can take a big shot when it.
Speaker 2: Really that was my story, and Tommy said, there's more shooters now that you just have to make them.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Well, I mean like at del Orso, I mean like he had.
Speaker 13: One of the best years. I mean really perusing the numbers meeting up to that broadcast, I mean that kind of year that he had last season when he was at Campbell where he you know, he shot forty nine percent thirty eight on threes, eighty one at the free throw line, almost twenty points a game. Only four other guys in the country had more efficient numbers. Than that, and one would be Mark Sears at Alabama, who's you know, one of the other six players on that AP preseason team that was announced yesterday. And aj Mitchell from the UC Santa Barbara, who was a you know, a draft pick of the Lakers. And there was another I think Kentucky or North Carolina guy on there.
Speaker 4: So it's that.
Speaker 6: Guy's pretty good.
Speaker 4: He's pretty good. Fine, he didn't you know.
Speaker 13: He's an Australian guy who when I first saw h at the scrimmage, I'm like, Okay, looks more like a Saint Mary's guy. But we know those Saint Mary's guys can ball out when they have to, so yeah, I think, you know he can. He can knock down a big shot. A lot of those guys again can stretch the play. And that's the other thing too, with those with those big guys stretching the floor. You know, when when it went to ballow, you knew exactly what's gonna happen. Right, he can only score right around the basket or get hacked and go to the free throw line and you know, miss five or six free throws a game. It seems to me like this will be able to spread out, maybe more guys can drive in the lane and hit some threes, and so I'm kind of excited to see where this goes the rest of the year, although I mean the league is gonna be tough. I mean, if they're sitting there Ken Palm number eight, and then and I trust a lot in Ken Palm, and then they're what tenth overall and that's the fifth best team supposedly in the Big twelve.
Speaker 6: What a year this is going to be.
Speaker 13: You know, get your get your tickets now, folks, right, No, it's gonna be fun.
Speaker 4: I mean I don't. I can't.
Speaker 5: We've been talking Steve and I back and forth about this season and the anticipation knowing that I mean basically every weekend or week whenever these games are. They're all spread out all over the place nowadays. But it's gonna be fun. It's gonna be fun to watch some of these new teams come in that Arizona has never played, or maybe we've seen them on TV. So it's gonna be a mystery, I think for a lot of U of A fans, especially this first year, trying to figure out who's who, who's good, and who are the best players.
Speaker 2: So are you going to be back doing any more games? Did your schedule?
Speaker 13: Yeah, I have I have a couple of women's games.
Speaker 4: I have them.
Speaker 13: I think I'm doing the old Dominion game, which is on a like Saturday, November the nine coming up. So we're still trying to work out the schedule and all that kind of stuff. So yeah, I'll be around, and I'm coming back tomorrow for you know, Arizona State UH and Arizona Women's volleyball, and I think we're close to five thousand and McHale for that, so that should be a lot of fun. So I'm excited coming back over. And you know, it's UH too, something hasn't changed much. So and the weather was beautiful for homecoming weekend. So even though it wasn't a great football game, it was a lot of a lot of fun, you know, sitting there in section twenty three, fifty rows up it was it was.
Speaker 4: It was a nice day.
Speaker 2: So did you so you did you cover the team last weeknight?
Speaker 4: The team? Did you do games with volleyball last year?
Speaker 6: No? No, this is the first year because this is the first year that ESPN plus.
Speaker 4: Okay, come on.
Speaker 2: The reason I ask is what were your impressions of the volleyball team because they were much approved.
Speaker 13: Yeah, they're really good. I mean they you know, Rita Stubbs in her second year, signed the nation's top prep player from last year, carly Sisnaro's, and she's been fantastic. And they brought in the seventh rated recruiting class and three of those players are you know, half the starting rotation and they are just doing a phenomenal job. As a matter of fact, they're setter Avery Skoggin's just was named the Big twelve Rookie of the Year I'm sorry, Rookie of the Week for the second time. And that hasn't happened a lot as far as Arizona's concerned. And then if you haven't seen Jalen Hodge or Jordan Wilson hit from the outside, you're missing something. So it's it's a fun kind of team to watch. I think they're probably a year or two away. I know they had four recruits over this weekend and they're you know, they had an unofficial business visit a couple of weeks ago from Carter Bryant's younger sister who goes to Corona Centennial. She'd be a two way player. So if she commits to play basketball for a D at Arizona, I think the money would come from a D and then maybe they could get her to play on the volleyball team, but I think it would be basketball that would be paying. So they I think, you know, if they could lock down those recruits, they're going to be a really, really tough team to watch, although Arizona State, you know, is fantastic the.
Speaker 4: Opponent on Thursday.
Speaker 2: So to both of you guys, I'm gonna ask the dumb question of the day. We all talk about nil and Fish talked about it maybe a week or so ago, with the twenty million, forty million whatever in a game. It's come to this, right, you think eventually it's going to be like that all the time, all the good programs are gonna buy their championships or will they team like you know, under the radar team that it doesn't pay that much find a way.
Speaker 13: Who I think it's going to be the first scenario that you talked about. You know, it's looking more and more like that. It's already more worried about. Yeah, no, it already is, and I'm more worried about like the smaller programs and the you know, the programs that might be on the chopping block too, you know, especially when you're talking about equity and and and making sure that there's as much entitled nine, you know, as many opportunities for women. I don't really think that we're headed down a really good road here. I mean, that's scary. The scariest thing is like Tony Bennett in leaving Virginia right a few days before the start of the basketball season, and all I can think of is, I bet you those And I wanted to talk to Tommy about this. I forgot to ask him. Maybe I'll ask him next time. But does you see a scenario in a few years where all these big names just cash out and then go coach in the NAIA? You know, coach you know Augustana College of North Dakota.
Speaker 4: That's a good question.
Speaker 13: Hall of Fame coaches, Well look at me.
Speaker 4: Like Chip Kelly, you know, he leaves U c l A.
Speaker 5: And I don't know, he just crashed an assistant coach in Ohio State and maybe a couple of million or whatever.
Speaker 4: He's sick and tired of it.
Speaker 5: I mean, coach k Yeah, even I think that was one of the reasons why, he Saban coach k Saban.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they saw the writing on the war. And you know, coaches, I mean, were you close to Fisher at all?
Speaker 4: Jed Fish?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 13: No, yeah, Steve the right time, Yeah, you know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, especially if you're old, and you're you're older, he says, I don't need this crap.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 13: Yeah, And that's what they're worried about at San Diego State. I mean that number that was thrown out there of like twenty months. Somebody actually asked me that at mckailson or.
Speaker 4: Order the booster gesture.
Speaker 13: He said, like, how much are we paying all these guys? And I'm like, I don't know, but I would assume, like a big ten basketball rosters probably got to be between eight and ten million dollars, and I'm sure they'll be donor fatigue, you.
Speaker 4: Know, coming up. And so I don't know where we're going.
Speaker 5: It's interesting too, because you know these like the U of A, they've got a general manager on the staff now, and that's that's his job, is to kind of wouldn't that check?
Speaker 2: One final minute to both of you? So okay, so Steve Christ pays X amount of money for for love or somebody like that, just and they don't show up. Look at you a football. You paid for these kids and they're not playing. Well, buyer's remorse is coming soon.
Speaker 13: Got them, As Buddy Ryan would say, number nine, get him out of it.
Speaker 4: We name what's Green state.
Speaker 5: We know who they are, and they are who they are.
Speaker 13: I can't wait until they all do their I can't wait until they all log onto Turbo tax and they're like, oh god, I got to pay taxes on this stuff.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 13: I hope, I hope a bunch of them don't file for bankruptcy, you know, ten years down the road.
Speaker 2: Well, thank you, Steve as always. Will see you tomorrow in town.
Speaker 13: Yes, I'll be there.
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 2: The economy will be better for it, our Tucson economy will be better for it.
Speaker 6: Yes it will.
Speaker 13: Although I Taco Bell by the University yesterday, I was a little disappointed in myself. But you know, you know what it's like, Dave, you in a late night broadcast.
Speaker 5: Of all the gin joins after the game, that's where you went, Yeah, in the corner.
Speaker 13: Yeah, I mean yeah, I mean sometimes I'll go to It's it's too like gentle Bens has got it like a great burder. But man, I can't.
Speaker 6: Man, I'm older now, I can't eat that at.
Speaker 13: Nine thirty at night. Well one one and I'm done. Baby.
Speaker 2: Back in the day, Steve, you could eat too, Jeloupa's thank you man be will.
Speaker 13: Yep see you Man, I appreciate it, man Ze.
Speaker 4: Let's take a break, ready over and we'll they maybe take a call or two. If you're an Arizona.
Speaker 2: Men's basketball fan, you know it's been successful for nearly forty years. Now take a look back at the Ludelsen era. In my new book, Lessons from Loot, it was a labor of love through the eyes of twenty five former players, coaches, and friends to give insight to the coach and the man who led them, competed against them, and inspired them. Twenty five chapters for his twenty five years as Arizona's beloved coach. Lessons from Lut is an insight to how he built the program into a national powerhouse. Want one Email me at Steve dot Rivera ninety five at gmail dot com.
Speaker 15: Hi, this is formal wild get Lemanhnely with Arizona Health. Imagine how home GM can change your health, your comfort and your ATTII. Arizona Health is everything you need to transform your personal.
Speaker 4: Space in your life.
Speaker 15: We off a complete line of cardio machines, multi gms and freeway equipment. I'll certify fitness experts and technicians will set you up with the right equipment and training to get you started and keep you going. Visit our shureroom today at twenty second in Wilmot. Arizona Health the lead to answer and exercise equipment.
Speaker 16: What's your goal a new career or career advancement? How about transferring to a four year college. PEMA Community College can help you make Someday today and reach your goals affordably on your schedule. With over one hundred programs to choose from and financial laid available, it's time to earn the degreer certificate you need to prepare for the career you want. PEMA offers free career exploration classes so you can choose the field that's right for you. Learn how at Pima dot Edu. Slash Someday.
Speaker 2: Hey Tuson, Steve rivera heir, and I've got a tip for you. Want to be in good hands while cruising the desert or kicking back at home, then you need to call my friends at the Edmond Markets All State Agency. These guys are the MVPs of home and auto coverage. Whether it's a thunder bender or a leaky roof, They've got you covered. Don't fumble your chance to say call them today and score big on your insurance. With the Edmond Markets All State Agency. You're always in good hands. Visit them at twenty seven nineteen note Campbell or call him at five two zero three two three nine three three three. Selling your home want to get more money for it? Will Danny Roth can help you. He told me about as you Flip the Home You Own program. The program allows for a homeowner to fix up their home to sell without using any of their own money. They will be able to sell the home for a much higher price. Danny Roth with Omni Holmes International is the real estate consultant in Tucson that offers this program. He has consistently been the top agent in Tucson for the last thirty years and has sold over ten thousand, five hundred homes. For more information on his program or just buying our selling a home, call Danny Roth at five two zero four nine zero four thousand.
Speaker 4: Tucson, listen up.
Speaker 17: El Tourtay two Son is rolling in on November twenty third, and you won't want to miss it. Dnahair Conditioning is proud to be a sponsor of this fantastic event, supporting our cyclists and celebrating the vibrant spirit of our community. Huge thanks to our title sponsor Banner University Medicine and are presenting sponsors Rio Nuevo and CMC Health for making this possible. So are you ready to ride? Grab your bikes and your buddies. Join DNHAC for an unforgettable day at the altourty Tuson. For our info, check out l to our Day two soun dot org.
Speaker 1: Basis Eye on the Ball on Fox Sports fourteen fifty. Want to take part in the show? Call up Steve now went five to two oh four one seventy four.
Speaker 2: Hey, welcome back to I Ball jot Fox Sports fourteen fifty. I'm Steve your Dave. Now we have Ryan, Ryan, you have some breaking news just right.
Speaker 4: Now do.
Speaker 3: Caleb Love has been added to the men's basketball preseason All American List second Team second Team.
Speaker 2: Sports Illustrated one team Yesterday's first team second team, and he's still He's.
Speaker 4: Basically on every All American team, you know, in the top ten and.
Speaker 2: Still not the best NBA prospect on the team. Yeah, in fact the fourth best.
Speaker 4: Really. Yeah, that we're saying, yeah.
Speaker 2: It's number one is going to be or we saw it last week. I think we talked about it last week. Uh, Bryant, Bryant good number eighth or something like that. kJ Lewis, Yes, Jim Bradley in Crevis, I think was ahead of Bradley and then Bradley and then Love. That's probably why he's back, why he's making more making money, And they probably told him you need to work in a few things and maybe even then.
Speaker 4: You're not going to be good enough. Yeah.
Speaker 5: Well, I mean it's kind of the usual suspects on that team. I'm excited to see Cooper Flag come to something with Duke and everyone. Remember raving about him being the number one pick and he hasn't played a second yet in college basketball, right, so they'll be here soon.
Speaker 2: In your world, Dave of TV and all that TV watchings, No, in your TV being a sports guy for a long time ago. Now you can kind of say what you want to feel. Can you tell the difference at the ESPN level or the top level of being a news dude, that they're good or they belong there or you know, are there because whatever, can you mean the quality of the broadcast? Yes, are there in your time. I don't want you to say who they are? You see, how did he get that job?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Well I think that kind of comes with a lot of professions.
Speaker 2: That's that's my point, including that one. And that's in the NBA. You're thinking, well, Bronnie, look at Bronnie. Yeah really really you see it really? Does he belong there? And everyone knows probably not, but he's there. He was even the seventh best guy in the uc USC team. Yeah, but but it happens, right, it happens in.
Speaker 4: Your definitely does. I mean there's reasons.
Speaker 5: Sometimes it's uh, you know, it just depends on who's hiring. What they're looking for, especially in television is very subjective. We would sometimes, you know, be on the lookout for a blonde, or we were want to make sure that guy had brown hair.
Speaker 4: It seriously got that specifically times really because the audience.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean maybe your news anchor is an older gentleman, we want to get a younger female or I mean that got to be that to that point, I was lucky.
Speaker 4: Maybe not lucky the right word.
Speaker 5: But there's a number of times Wheyan was looking for someone to work in sports, and in those days, they would send a video and you'd have to take a look at it. Generally speaking, you're looking at those videos at eleven o'clock at night or midnight, and you're.
Speaker 4: Exhausted, and you stick it in the machine and you.
Speaker 5: Look at it and you watch it for like ten seconds, and you can tell you can tell, Okay, maybe no, I don't think so. I mean, I hate to say that, and I'm sure it happened to me many times as well when I was looking for work.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and it's it's time and circumstances, right, oh yeah, and you know time and place all that stuff.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I mean Steve, who were just talking to Steve Quis, you know, did a great job of learning here, learning as an intern, getting you know, his feet wet, did some play by play for the Toros. Was really good, very young, and he was he was raw, but he learned. And then he went off to San Diego and made it big there locally, worked for the Padres doing padre games. I mean he's it was a good progression, you know, he kind of he did he did it the right way.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and our guy Ryan here is doing the same thing. He's trying to do that. The one thing that one of many things Ryan and I think Dave will agree, this is not a shy profession. You cannot be shy.
Speaker 4: True.
Speaker 2: You have to be sometimes a pain in the ass, sometimes a guy that's obnoxious. Not to bet obnoxious, but you have to kind of make yourself known.
Speaker 5: And you want to kind of develop your own style, whether it may be low key or in your face. And the same as a writer, I'm sure you probably the same way, and it's a talent to be able.
Speaker 4: To do that.
Speaker 2: Well. This is I'm sure you know what your reputation was in locally in the news department, right. So for me, I was generally a very positive raally. You know, I'm not a columnist, so you know, I would say what the story was. But once I could write ninety nine nine hundred stories and that one story that went negative, they didn't talk about the ninety nine that you did really well, or you know, they always talked about Steve.
Speaker 4: That was different. You know, what was up with that?
Speaker 2: It would just woke up in a bad mood or something, because you could do all that work and then have that one.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Well, you know.
Speaker 5: The difference between being a columnist and just being the reporter, and I think many news consumers don't necessarily understand that difference sometimes. But you know, we've had some great ones here in Tucson, knowing that they're calmnists, the Quirky's and obviously Greg, I mean, they have a reputation and we kind of expect them not to just report the stats and you know, the quotes.
Speaker 4: That's their perspective, that's their job.
Speaker 2: Right, Yeah, no question, And nowadays it kind of there's a fine line because you it's especially in the news, in the in the TV world where you have the c and ns, you have the Foxes, you have the NBCs, where you it's.
Speaker 4: A hard line to draw.
Speaker 2: Was is he telling the truth or the straightforwardness or the or the perspective of the station.
Speaker 5: Yeah, well it's obvious. I mean, you the viewers know. The viewers go to where they want to listen to. In most cases they don't they don't want to hear the other side of things. But that's kind of the way the media is gone and they're looking for eyeballs.
Speaker 4: They don't really care.
Speaker 5: I mean Fox leads the cable and Rupert Martin Murdoch is, you know, laughing his way to the bank.
Speaker 4: So let me ask you. You were in the business for hummah, a little over thirty two years.
Speaker 2: So what would be the title of your story in that world?
Speaker 5: Tell it like it is, not like Howard Cosell, but that that was really my goal was just to kind of tell the story, not get Yeah, it was pretty straightforward.
Speaker 4: I was that just kind of the way I learned it.
Speaker 5: I mean, I kind of came out of a traditional journalism school and worked for some I worked for three guys in San Diego that were great role models. They were all a little bit similar and also a little bit different.
Speaker 4: I mean, as I think about it today.
Speaker 5: The main guy, his name was Mike Smith, and he was the main sports anchor, very straightforward, and I kind of copied that. And then there was the weekend guy named Phil Stone who wound up doing some play by play later was very versatile, did some Pac ten games as well, good personality. And then this guy named Greg Wyatt, who if anyone's listening was in Tucson many years ago, and he wound up working in the early years of ESPN. Super great personality, and we still he and I still stay in touch.
Speaker 4: And what's he doing now.
Speaker 5: He's in Florida and he's actually doing radio for he does like a radio show like maybe similar to this. I'm not quite sure we got we gotta get him on what ears? He knows he was here in the mid seventies. Okay, I got to San Diego then and then I was there till the late seventies. But Greg and his wife both worked at KVOA. So yeah, we should try, yeah.
Speaker 4: Try again.
Speaker 2: We talk about the good ole days. We have our old people that listen to us, and like when we go back and reminisce.
Speaker 5: He's doing uh play by play, and I gosh, I could I wish he'll tell you if we get him.
Speaker 4: I think it's a community college and like.
Speaker 5: So he's still in the business. Yeah still, yeah, he's still he's still doing it. So I mean, I see him again on Facebook, So yeah, maybe we should try to get him.
Speaker 2: Next time you're on he will get him on and maybe next week just to shoot to shoot the breeze.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he's he was a good role mom can be seventy something he was. I'm sure he was there at the beginning of ESPN, so those stories would be terrific too.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Every time they have an anniversary of something, Hey, it's fortieth anniversary of Sports Center, he's he pops up doing something.
Speaker 4: They can find him on the show. He Kvoa had their sixty Yeah.
Speaker 5: No, he was probably more than that whatever that last yeah, big anniversary, he.
Speaker 4: Was on that show. They had him say something.
Speaker 2: And then there's so many people that have come through the stations right now, especially we're talking about this with Ryan. The kids are younger, uh, and the older ones are few.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean this was a good launching point for a lot of people. Obviously, Dan Hicks, you know, can't can't beat what he's done. Sure, another Tucson guy.
Speaker 4: Have you had him on?
Speaker 2: No, he is very difficult to find. We've tried, but to find and you know everyone, well you don't get the phone number for me. You don't have this business, right. Yeah, So we tried for the Olympics too, right before that, and that that couldn't happen or.
Speaker 4: He is doing notre dame. I want to say, I think he's on NBC doing.
Speaker 2: For us, but we're going to track down if we could get Steve Kerr on this show.
Speaker 4: He can get him, Dan Hicks. Dan's good. In fact, I don't know.
Speaker 5: I wasn't hanging around homecoming this past week, but he usually comes back. He's got friends and families still in town. He brings he.
Speaker 4: Married to, uh, married to Henna storm Yep.
Speaker 5: A few years back when I was over at the U of A, he came in and gave a really nice talk to the journalism students. It was it was really good, very impressive and just off the cuff and told his life story. And he's had quite a run. Yeah, this was like late eighties. I was just here when he was here, when he was leaving it there it was.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 5: So there's been a lot of guys coming through you and Kevin Cabe and Dan Ryan back in the day. Yeah, and Steve Quis was kind of the next generation. He followed, followed mckabe. I guess Tom Leandrew who if you watch Sons games, Uh, there's a lot of the the pre and post game shows.
Speaker 4: And I did some play by play too. He was the Channel thirteen guy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, you know his story with back in the day with lutonety four ninety five of those stories. So it it's been a long long history of you guys coming in in them and you and you're like the one that stayed, you know, you know, the new the recent generation that Dave Kelly's and the and the Damian Almidas and uh Skarla left came and left and so you know, no, what's his name on Channel nine, Jason Barr, Justin Barr has been here, you know, about ten years now.
Speaker 4: You know, it's tough.
Speaker 5: It's a good place to live, it's a good place to do sports if you can, if you can afford to live here. And I mean I was fortunate. I was here really during the heyday when everything was here with spring training and everything from bowling to women's golf. I mean we had so much going on in this yeah, I mean in the spring, it was it was non stop that month of like months of February and March.
Speaker 4: We didn't sleep.
Speaker 2: In fact, I'm doing a big story for bisdu Sound on the Tucson Rodeo and they've been here one hundred year anniversary this year, and it's it's crazy I mean, they've done a lot of stuff and it's changed so much.
Speaker 5: Yeah, well, you know, used to coincide with a PGA tournament here, so for local sports, we would have to make a call like where are.
Speaker 4: We gonna go? Where do you want to go live tonight? Oh, I'm gonna go to Rodeo. Okay, I'm gonna go to golf.
Speaker 5: I mean, it was a it was crazy and based on where those locations were, it was hard to get to. Sometimes the weather could be a little bit goofy in those at that time of year. But that last month in Februar, last week in February was both of those sports, so.
Speaker 2: It was it was nuts. Yeah, okay, yeah, no, it's a good perspective. Long you've been here like this since about forty years, right, yep, forty forty one. I've been here thirty seven, getting old.
Speaker 5: It's fun because it changes every year. I mean, I'm not covering the sports as much, but just knowing, you know, we just started a new football season, got a new basketball season, which is it's kind of the beauty of living in a college town that it's gonna.
Speaker 2: There's always turnover, there's always hope. You don't come on, You've been here a long time. I've been here a long time. One Ben's basketball Championship, one women's Final four to get to the championship game.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 2: Baseball has been a real successful softball very successful, u A swimming very successful under mister Bush. So there's a lot of a lot of potential here. And I still say the nineties were fantastic, but these years have a chance if they can get through a few things. You know, Football's Stubbs, that's tow here, Men's basketball, Tommy's needs to get through to get to the final four. He needs to and Idea needs to get back.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I mean that that was an exciting, somewhat surprising run that she was able to put that off. I mean, I don't think anybody really expected that, but it was great, and so you get that taste. It's like, man, when can that happen again? When can we get someone like you know, Aery McDonald or Sam Thomas where it all just kind of comes together and it's it's kind of the beauty of sports. It's just all sometimes just just does come together somehow and have a magical run.
Speaker 4: Sure.
Speaker 2: Sure, and then at the Butterfly effect. Then she's had all these issues after the fact. Right, you think you've arrived and you really haven't, because the girls or the women start feeling different about themselves because hey, we got there, we could do it again.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's not that easy. It's got to be quite a temptation, wondering.
Speaker 4: You know is you know?
Speaker 5: Is that it I've only played two years and I've still got a couple more years to go. Oh, we're ever going to get back?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 2: Okay, We're good. Thirty seconds, perfect timing. Okay, thanks a bunch everybody. Thank you Ryan for being here today. Dave will see you next week maybe sure? Okay, great, Thanks everybody for listening.