Speaker 1: Today, your bet builders hang away a thread here. Relax, relax, they still need one more goal.
Speaker 2: Well if it loses, nov BET's got your covered. Nobe besh is the home of the betbuilder this.
Speaker 3: World Cup from goalscorers to cards.
Speaker 2: Get the best value on every match, plus get money back as a free bash. If your bet builder loses on the biggest game every single day, join today and get seventy euros.
Speaker 1: In pre bets nov Bash.
Speaker 2: More power to you, Teacencys Apply eighteen plus bet responsibly, Gamblingcare dot Ie.
Speaker 4: The Rush Hour with James Golden entertaining and informative.
Speaker 5: On the Red Apple Podcast Network.
Speaker 4: Attention, gettowheads, Attention bow scouts, Rose.
Speaker 1: The pseudonym nerdly. It's time for the soul of excellence as a radio host here in New York. The Rush Hour is on the air. Rush Rush Now Here's James Golden.
Speaker 6: Thirty days now into this government shutdown, the White House announcing a plan to cover paychecks for US troops that will.
Speaker 1: Come due tomorrow.
Speaker 6: Meantime, tensions flaring on the Senate floor. Senate Majority Leader John Thune, the top Republican in that chamber, shouting at Democrats as he blocked a bill that would fund critical federal Snap Food assistants that's set to expire in just two days. Fun calling on Democrats to instead of propose that legislation, vote to reopen the government instead entirely.
Speaker 4: SNAP recipients shouldn't go without food.
Speaker 1: People should be getting paid in this country.
Speaker 7: And we've tried to do that thirteen times and you voted no thirteen times.
Speaker 1: This isn't a political game.
Speaker 6: These are real people's lives that we're talking about. Some forty two million Americans are set to lose Snap Food Assistants when it expires at the end of this week, and that will come on the same day that Obamacare open enrollment is set to begin, when some twenty million Americans will see their insurance premiums more than double on average. Democrats have said they'd be willing to vote to reopen the government if Republicans negotiated with them on that issue, and so far Republicans have refused, saying that they won't negotiate while the government is shut down.
Speaker 8: Don't negotiate with extortionists. Hostage takers. Welcome my friends to the Thursday edition of bost and Earlies. Rush our fastest hour in American media. Today, we're expecting to have a brief chat with Cayley mcinnie if all goes well. She was the recipient of an award that was just is a profound award actually, and then we'll speak with her about that. Other things in the news. You know, I've been so focused on the upcoming elections, on the government shut down, on the rebellion of the beneficiaries, which is the snap beneficiaries who are protesting a potential loss of benefits, and there are other things that are going on too. In addition to all of those things, here's one thing. Election day is really approaching. I want to get this done first. So we hear that Red Apple Media asking you to sound off on the big issues that impact all of us, all of us voters this election day. And so from now untotal election day, you can go to Red appleaudionetworks dot com slash election and you can vote there on the issues of the day. Some of the issues we're talking about, crime, cost, delivering, transportation, anti semitism, all of it. There's a question that we're raising today how important is fighting crime and powering the police. Cuomo has said that he wants to add five thousand officers to the New York City Police Department to restore staffing levels. Mom Domi on social and mental health workers want social workers to respond to crimes involving mentally unstable people. What do you think You can go again to Red Apple Audio Networks dot com, slash election and place.
Speaker 3: Your vote there.
Speaker 8: One of the things that has come up today is that and this is so unexpected for me, It was unexpected. The Washington that's the way, new Ginger said. Washington Post. The Washington Post has an editorial about the government shutdown. The Washington Post. These people, ladies and gentlemen, are the ones during his first term that had thirty some odd reporters, if memory serves me correctly, thirty some odd reporters assigned to tracking Donald Trump, and every day the pages of that newspaper during his entire first term were filled with nothing but well, maybe an occasional piece, but for the most part, nothing but TDS stories Trump deranged. It was one of the most Trump deranged publications probably in history. The Washington Post today has an editorial, The Mucky MUCKs, the Big Mucky MUCKs that the Big Washington Washington Posts got together in the editorial board meeting or however they do it, maybe they do it electronically. They decided that jointly they would issue a statement, an editorial on the government shutdown, and they say that a turning point in the government shutdown. Piecemeal bills are a waste of time. Just fund the whole government. One reason they begin the partial government shut down is dragged on for nearly a month is because most Americans have felt no discernible impact on their daily life.
Speaker 3: I have been making that point.
Speaker 8: I even so far to ask members of the staff have they felt anything from the government shut down, And people like our very own good Carl said, no. Life goes on just as usual. But that's starting to change, says to Washington Post. This weekend, federal food stamps the schedule to stop going out. Around forty two million people, or one of Native Americans received benefits from the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance program. The pain point, This pain point, combined with three other dynamics, here's the folks, This is the punch line of the whole editorium. You could wrap it up here if they wanted to. This pain point, combined with three other dynamics, should help hasten and into the shutdown as early as next week by making Democrats blink. Yes, name they pretty Democrats, they're your one of your media leaders. The New York Times the Washington Post are the two biggest journal journalistic outlets, if you want to call them that, in the country that Democrats rely on as allies. One of them has broken the Washington Post, which is by far in Washington, DC, the most influential newspaper. The Washington Post is saying, look this thing with Snap, along with three other dynamics, should help in this shutdown by making the Democrats blink, by making Chuck Schumer haw came, Jeffries and these Democrats stop this foolishness. In other words, First, they say the open enrollment period for purchasing health insurance starts Saturday. Many people will experience sticker shock when they see how much their premiums are about to go up. Democrats will be able to claim they got their point across about the need to rescue Obamacare by extending subsidies that are set to expire. Second, Democrats are favored to win next Tuesday's off year elections if they prevail in New Jersey, which I hope and Virginia, which I hope both of them go to Republicans, as well as the New York mayor's race. They used to see the polls in that thing. Boy, there's some there's some BS polls out here. Today all of a sudden, Mondammie goes from a ten point advantage he's leading.
Speaker 3: Oh, don't believe it.
Speaker 8: This is designed to depress people that want to vote for anyone else anyway. Democrat leaders, they say, could say say face by claiming that the people sent a loud message to Donald Trump. Senate Minority Leader Charles E. Schumer affectionately known here as Chuck U. Schumer and House Minority Leader Hakeem Jeffries of both New Yorkers who fear the Mondami wing of the party. And boy did they just lay that out there, because that's what this is all about. Neither Jeffries or Schumer wants to look like they caved because they got these radical commie socialists in New York to deal with.
Speaker 3: And New York Times just admitted it.
Speaker 8: Speaker Johnson's been saying this all along, as well as other Republicans. Schumer has allowed the shut down to drag on, says the Washington Post because he's worried about fending off a primary challenger in twenty twenty eight, and he's still smarting from blow black, from the blowback he got from angry liberals after he agreed to fund the government this spring. If Democrats have electoral wins, the Washington Post says, that can offer a pretext to claim vindication or at least quietly give permission for a few of his members to break ranks. They're putting this all on the Democrats because the Democrats are the ones who shut down the government. The third reason they say it's time for the Democrats to blink and in this stupid shutdown, is because federal public employee unions, a core democratic constitutent, are losing patients. The American Federation of Government Employees, which represents more than eight hundred thousand federal and DC government workers, said in a statement Monday that the shutdown is unacceptably hurting its members. It's time to pass a clean continuing resolution. And in this shutdown today, said AFGE national President Everett Kelly, no half measures, no game in. In other words, they're telling everybody's telling the Democrats, now, hey, you lost this.
Speaker 3: Stop the games.
Speaker 8: Washington Post ends their op ed by saying, Kelly's message shows why it's untenable for Democrats to insist on a piecemeal approach to fund certain programs such as food stamps while keeping federal workers furloughed. Air traffic controllers, for instance, just missed their first full paycheck of the shutdown, even though they're required to keep working. And the basically Washington Post is done with it.
Speaker 3: Folks.
Speaker 8: They're telling the Democrats stop this. They're telling Chuck, you Schumer, put your political problems aside for the good of what they think is the party, let alone the nation. We shall see whether Democrats will listen or not the voices of disquiet or mounting. James Golden is thirty fastest out when American media continues do not go away.
Speaker 4: This is the rush hour with James Golden. The rush Hour with James Golden entertaining and informative.
Speaker 5: On the Red Apple podcast network.
Speaker 9: James Golden known popularly as both Nerdly.
Speaker 1: This is the rush hour with James Golden. Rush. I ain't gonna lie.
Speaker 10: If I was Trump, I would have took EBT stamps and all the other benefits away from y'all freaky bomb ass a long time ago. Y'all want to crying, complain, sit around and make all these kids. Y'all don't want to work. Y'all want to blame everybody else for your problems. Y'all want to call the president racis and at the same time want him to come and do it for you. And every time he does something for you that benefits you, you still say, oh, that doesn't matter, he's racist.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 10: I would have took stamps and everything else away from y'all freaky bomb ass a long time ago, because y'all deserve nothing.
Speaker 8: The arguments are still raging across social media with November first approaching. You know, I saw something cause I don't know whether you're gonna get this or not. Because you have to be around political history, people are suggesting that on November first, if indeed the food stamps the EBT stuff, it does happen and EBT benefits to remove for some people, that people call it no Queen's Day. Do you know why they're making that suggestion, Carlos, I'll tell you why. And members of your generation. Back in the early eighties, welfare was everywhere, even work well, not as bad. But even then people were talking about welfare, and the term that came up was why are Americans paying for welfare queens? Women who just sit home collect welfare, have more babies, collect more welfare, and it's like, stop with the welfare queens. So a number of people now online are suggesting that November first be called No Queen's Day. James Goldlin sternly here with you. When we get back, we're gonna talk about Arctic fraud. Ted Cruz went on the war path and others adjoining him. What happened under the Biden administration. Subpoenads out for four hundred and thirty Republican lawmakers, aids, donors, and groups associated with Republicans. There was a massive witch hunt led by Jack Smith, led by Joe Biden, and now it's all coming out, and there were calls for impeachment of the judge involved.
Speaker 3: Don't go away, We'll be back.
Speaker 4: The Rush Hour with James Golden entertaining and informative.
Speaker 5: On the Red Apple podcast network.
Speaker 9: James Golden, known popularly as most Nervely.
Speaker 1: This is the Rush Hour with James Golden.
Speaker 8: You know, folks, there is so much discord, so much antagonism and dare I say so much hatred in this world that sometimes we lose sight of the good, the extremely good, the wonderful, and we can lose sight of all the blessings. There's a group called the Good Council Homes. You can find them at Good Councilhomes dot org.
Speaker 3: Here's what they do.
Speaker 8: They offer life skills training, counseling, education opportunities, babysitting services for new and expectant mothers. In some cases they take women that are homeless who are pregnant off the street, bring them in, give them a place of comfort, of love and of hope. They are love warriors. And this year they honored a person that we've spoken with ages and ages ago. She's just wonderful and she also has a strong background besides her political life. In fact, you can go online and you can see the speech that she gave, the talk that she gave when she was given an award this year. It is the Father Benedicte Groschell Award at their annual dinner for the Good Council Homes. And that person is Klee macneney. Kelly, welcome, how are you hey?
Speaker 11: Bo so great to join you. It's wonderful on the airwaves with you.
Speaker 3: Thank you, Calle. You blew my mind.
Speaker 8: I watched, I watched as much as I could the portions of your remarks and when you received an award for all that you do with your stance on supporting life, and you spoke about two things, and Kaylee was so profound. You talked about the intersection in your life, the crossroad that you have between your political worldview and your spiritual worldview. And I would just love if you can just take a minute and explain what you meant by.
Speaker 3: That to people.
Speaker 11: Yeah, Bo, this would be no surprise to you. You know, I'm a rush baby, and you know we both hold rustling ball with great affection in our hearts. And you know, my dad, growing up, you would always say, what's your worldview? Kaylee? What's your worldview? And I like, Dad, why did you say this worldview thing? You know, I grew up in this small town, fan city, Florida, the world's strawberry capital, and you know, around a lot of like minded people. And I realized when I left my home exactly what my worldview was. When I went off to these college campuses, encountered people who thought differently, and for me, that political worldview was framed by listening to Russlan Ball and my dad's truck all of those years. It made me a conservative, It made me engaged in the political process. And then I had my faith worldview, which is the most important worldview that I have, and that's you know, informed by the preachings of Jesus Christ and me giving my life to Christ in my Southern Baptist church and being a Christian. And it occurred to me that the intersection of my political worldview and my faith worldview, what's the issue of life? It is the issue of protecting the unborn is something that's scripture speaks to so so clearly. God loves the unborn. He knows the very number of hairs on our head. And it animated my love for politics in a very special way, in a faith oriented way. And you know, the issue of life has really been seminal to my journey.
Speaker 8: In politics, and that is something that it apparently has been recognized. Would you just talk say a few words about the good council homes. I think that this, you know, as I said at the open, we are surrounded, especially in the news business. Now you and I and so many others. We're surrounded by negativity from the moment that you start engaging in the news till the moment you decide I have to shut it out for the day. Very few opportunities in the news. There are some, but very few opportunities to dwell on the positive. And so for a minute, can you just speak about the work that they do over at Good Council Homes.
Speaker 11: Yeah, they do great work providing homes and resources for women in very vulnerable, tough situations. You know, we know the data, there's the value. Can look at any number of holes that a great majority of women who have had abortions felt coerced into doing so or felt like they didn't have to find financial resources and the support in order to have that baby. They love their baby. Mothers want to keep their babies, but a lot of women don't feel like they have the ability to do that, and Good Counsel Homes provides them with resources, home, shelter, food, and supports women through that journey. And it's it's such an important, important idea because you know, as a political party, you know, we always hear pro life and pro choice, but we have to love the mother. As much as we love the baby, we have to these are women in very tough situations. I remember going down to San Antonio, Texas and going to a pro life pregnancy clinic and they said that the number one thing they hear from women is I'm hungry. There are women who come in who haven't eaten and they're pregnant, and that's unimaginable. So supporting these women, allowing them to have a true choice, by providing them with resources from good hearted people like good counsel homes, there's really nothing more important.
Speaker 8: And you are so deserving of this award for all that you do, Caley. I know time is short, but when you have more time, I'd like you to come back and spend some time with us and let's catch up on some political stuff. But I just love your heart, I love your message. I love what you're out here doing.
Speaker 3: Cayley.
Speaker 8: You have been a true love warrior ever since you emerged, and I just pray and hope that you continue to find all of the success that you deserve.
Speaker 11: Thank you, and that's what it's all about. You know. The political rhetoric can get hot between the two parties. At the end of the day. You know, we're all Americans. We're here to love one another. I'm here to spread the gospel message. You know, that's my mission and my chief purpose. And it's just great to hear your voice, Sterly. I know you. I've known you for a long time. I grew up listening to you.
Speaker 3: Thank you, Kelly, And it seems like I've known you for a short.
Speaker 8: But long time. You have just emerged and just keep one going. So thank you for joining us. Kelly.
Speaker 11: Let's do this again soon. I'm about to join our Fox Tea.
Speaker 3: Have a good time. Talk with you soon. Bye bye, Thank you, ye.
Speaker 8: James Goldin sternly with you, I mentioned, ladies and gentlemen that this fight now over Arctic storm is rising, and I want to get to some of that today. Let us check in with Ted Cruz and folks. Judge Bosburg was one of those figures you remember, this Trump term. Every time he could get he was doing and making make emotions to try to thwart Donald Trump. This goes a long way back. He was involved in this business, this Arctic storm, this Arctic frost operation. Subpoenas sent to thirty four individuals one hundred and sixty three businesses targeting communications tied to more than four hundred and thirty Republican lawmakers, AIDS, donors, and their organizations. All of this under Joe Biden, under Jack Smith, and this judge deeply involved. Here is Ted Cruz has cut ten speaking about it at a press conference that was hell yesterday.
Speaker 7: I am right now calling on the House of Representatives to impeach Judge Boburg. Judge Bosburg put his robe down, stood up and said, sign me up to be part of the partisan vendetta against twenty percent of the Republicans in the Senate. That is a dereliction of duty and a violation of the judicial oath. And I want to thank Chairman Grassley and Chairman Johnson for pursuing this tenaciously like a dog on a bone. We are going to get the answers of every person who's signed off on this abuse of power, and mark my words, there will be accountability for these zelots who wanted to corrupt the Department of Justice and corrupt the judiciary in order to try to attack their enemy's list.
Speaker 8: Judge Bosberg was involved in signing these topoenas to go after Republicans. To Jack Smith, this whole thing the more you learned about it, and folks, I realize, Okay, it's not happening today. This was all in the past, but this is everything that we were outraged about as it was unfolding. And now we're finding out the enormity of this campaign by Joe Biden to use the Justice Department, to use judges, to use every enemy that they could find, to use our legal system to attack not only Donald Trump, but elected Republicans, the donors, the people who supported Trump. This was a massive effort. Here is Senator Eric Schmidt. We have two from Eric Schmidt. We will play them back to back. Folks, here's Eric Schmidt talking about Jack Smith, and then he will go on to talk about Judge Boseburg. Cut number eleven and twelve Carlos.
Speaker 12: Three days after President Trump announced he was running for president, this system was weaponized against him. Jack Smith, who is notorious in prosecutor world as being a stalin. Like show me the man, I'll show you the crime prosecutor. That's the guy you appoint when you want to get your political opponent. He's a dirt bag, a dirt bag, and I hope he comes before this committee. He's got a lot to answer to. He not only went after President Trump, he went after sitting senators At the time, I was the chairman of the Republican Attorney's General Association. Ashley Moody was also on the executive board. He came after us and also hundreds of other people who happened to be Republicans in the United States of America. What else happened? The number two prosecutor in Atlanta a state prosecution of President Trump, which was ridiculous to begin with, somehow meets with the White House. The number three person at the Department of Justice leaves the number three job at the Department of Justice to go work for Alvin Bragg, a state prosecutor. Why is that this was an effort to go after political opponents in America like we have never seen before. Judge Boseberg gave a speech about how he was going to forward to Trump agenda before he got those cases. He was the not the assign bic judge at the DC courts have a daily assignment judge. He wasn't the assignment judge. He's on vacation. Somehow gets these cases at one in the morning.
Speaker 3: Was he tipped off?
Speaker 12: Did somebody tell him. These cases against President Trump and his agenda now were coming. I don't know we should find that out, but Judge Boseberg that what he did to President or what he did to Senator Cruz and maybe other senators absolutely, and I don't say this slightly, absolutely is worthy of impeachment proceedings. There has to be accountability. The American people have heard a lot about this, and you're gonna or more. We should have Watergate style hearings on this for months. If we're ever going to root this out, we have to be serious about it, and consequences have to follow. Resignations, firings, criminal prosecutions. You simply can't in this country use the justice system to throw people in jail because they have a red jersey on or a blue jersey on.
Speaker 8: Now, I understand there are some voices, even from within our own ranks that are saying, you know, I appreciate Ted Cruz and all the others with all this outrage, but where were they This stuff was happening over and over again to regular people. It was happening to people like James Rosen all those years ago. Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah. This needs to be investigated. There is nothing about this, and at the time we were all outraged and just because this is in some cases old news to people, don't let go of this. Also, my friends, bereaking news. We don't need the sounder because who knows how this is gonna turn out. But the Department of Justice, according to the Post Millennial, is demanding records on unexplained anomalies in the twenty twenty election from Fulton County and Fulton County. That would be for those of you don't know, that's in Joja and that's Fanny Willis territory. That's right, that's all, good old Fanny. The DOJ is now asking for records on the unexplained anomalies that took place in the twenty twenty election. Fulton County has not complied with a subpoena. They have thumbed their nose at a legal subpoena, asking hey, we'd like to say, see some rectds of what went owned down there in Fulton County, my friends, if we have time when we get back. Pritzker's at it again, and this one is just annoying. James Golden snurly fastest hour in American media, speeding through it all keep it right here, do not go away.
Speaker 13: Rush.
Speaker 4: This is the Rush Hour with James Golden. The Rush Hour with James Golden, entertaining and informative.
Speaker 5: On the Red Apple podcast network.
Speaker 1: It's the Rush Hour with James Golden by the student em most nerdly.
Speaker 8: Now your's James Golden, Ladies and gentlemen. The biggest politician in the state of Illinois, their Governor J. B.
Speaker 3: Pritzka.
Speaker 13: The Department of Homeland Security claims their highest priority is to protect children. So today I have to ask them please live up to those ideals. I've sent a letter to christynom and to the Department of Homeland Security leadership asking them to pause all of their federal agent operations for the entirety of the Halloween weekend. I'm asking for basic human decency. I think their response will be revealing. They've disrupted everything more than two months already.
Speaker 3: Give the children, all right, all.
Speaker 8: Right, down, all right. He's asking for a response. It didn't take Ice Barbie any time at all.
Speaker 9: She responded, Yes, Governor Pritzker has asked for his operation midway, let's to be on pause for the holiday weekend.
Speaker 11: Are you willing to do that? And if you're not why not.
Speaker 9: No, we're absolutely not willing to put on pause any work that we will do to keep communities safe. The fact that Governor Pritzker is asking for that is shameful and I think unfortunate that he doesn't recognize how important the work is that we do to make sure we're bringing criminals to justice and getting them off our streets. Especially when we're going to send all of our kiddos out on the streets and going to events and enjoying the holiday season. We want to make sure that they're safe. And if you see even up here, we have a nice Pritzker is getting lost.
Speaker 8: No, we're not going to stop down for holidays. When did holiday become a holiday weekend thing? I don't get it. All of a sudden, It's Holliday, it's Halloween weekend. Let's stop federal law enforcement. And if Ice Barbie doesn't respond positively, that'll be very talent. These people are ridiculous. Ever, who's got the best name? Ice Barbie. I love that name. I love Ice Barbie. Ice Barbie. Otis Williams was born on this day. Otis Williams one of the original Tempting Temptations, So many hits from the old until now Olds Williams. Happy birthday to you, such great music from the Temptations, James godnessturning with you, fastest hour in American media. We will get you so many things we didn't get you to day, like Dana Bash trying to bash Speaker Johnson over the shutdown thing. Remember we are still slated to look at No Queen's Day as it's being called in some circles on November first. Musically, on this day in nineteen seventy one, John Lennon and the Plastic Ono Band went to number one across the Pond.
Speaker 1: And this.
Speaker 8: Became one of his signature songs. Imagine remembering John Lennon and so many others today, just great music, The Temptations, Motown, Eddie Holland from Holland Dozier Holland, Jefferson Starship, Marvin Gay of course part of the Motown crew, and John Lennon. Time for us to wrap it up today, my friends. May God bless and protect each and every single one of you, your family and your loved ones. Special thanks to Kallie mcinne for joining us today. It's quite a remarkable young ladies and she folks. May God blessed protect each and every single one of you, your family's, your loved ones. Love and gratitude always, my friends for your being here with me and allowing me to be with you, God willing. We're back tomorrow for the already It's Friday Halloween edition of bos Nerdly's Rush Hour. As Halloween weekend begins, I can't wait.
Speaker 3: In the meantime, my friends, I bid you, I do Bye.
Speaker 5: Thanks for listening to Bostrdley's Rush Hour. You can hear both Nerdlelyy's Rush Hour weekdays at four on seventy seven WABC.
Speaker 14: If you like the podcast, share it with your friends and listen anytime at wabcradio dot com and download the WABC Radio app. Hit that subscribe button on all major podcasts platforms. Plus, follow WABC on social on Instagram, TikTok, Facebook, and X see you next time for a new episode, so you never have to wonder
Speaker 3: What the heck is going on here,