Speaker 1: Hello, Anna, Welcome to Reality TV craz the Podcast. My name is Dahlia and I'm here with my real tight homegirl and my daughter in law, the Beautiful and the newly thirty dirty thirty Beat.
Speaker 2: That's me. I'm old.
Speaker 1: I didn't want to say that, but you're so can't relate. We're here to talk, sister Westood. As we're currently in season ten. We're doing a rewind. We're in the Akashuk Brown Records and I'm excited to do the recap. But before we get into it, we do have to issue you a very necessary disclaimer. Please, you better had your wife, and then you better hide those kids. I'm coming for those kids. Now. This isn't a reverend podcast obviously, meaning we're stupid, we have dumb opinions, we frequently use fulgarity, and we're just idiots. We don't give idiots on the internet having fun for real girls just want to have fun. So if you're a sensitive.
Speaker 2: Get out of here, you little meby.
Speaker 1: You might want to find yourself another dumpster, go poop in your diaper. But if you're ready to go to therapy Mary and Janelle and work it all out and Nancy, God, what a dud then welcome to this dumpster.
Speaker 2: And if you think that we need therapy, be sure to follow us on Instagram at reality tv Crunch and join us on Patreon patron dot com, soash, reality tv Cringe, the VIP dumpsters where it's at. You get all of our weekly episodes ad free and uncensored sometimes, and we have a bunch of bonus content up on there. It's the best way to support you girls.
Speaker 1: Now. If you are watching on YouTube, please please please do not forget to like and comment and share and subscribe. And also don't ever forget to hypergirls up. Please you had to hypergirls up. It's so important. Please, every single thing you do helps us to grow in the algorithm or something as a result of the algorithm or whatever. And so thank you in thank you Now, Before we get into our recap, I always like to ask whether you have any takeaways.
Speaker 2: Well, my first takeaway is that we've heard so much about Mary Janelle's relationship and I'm just like, yeah, but I didn't like how it was framed at the beginning of this episode, as if like Mary has no fault and the reason why their relationship is bad. It kind of felt like to me, like Mary was kind of pawning it off on Janelle, and you know, she just doesn't talk to me, and like, I care, I want to work on things, but she keeps rejecting me. And I'm like, yeah, why is that? Maybe because you're a mean old bitch.
Speaker 1: Maybe because you're actually technically abusive.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Marry, just the thought.
Speaker 1: So my takeaway is really uncharitable and rude. And it's just that I can't stand anytime I see Robin's mother. Oh, I don't know why. There's something about her aura that's very gargoyle a little bit. It's very she's kind of the puppet master behind Robin, the puppet master, Like she taught her how to be the hoe. I see how you be the hoe and take over the whole family. Every time she walks into a scene, I'm.
Speaker 2: Like, oh, yeah, she doesn't give me good vibes me either.
Speaker 1: And that's my only take That's all I got. All right, without further ado, let's get into our recap. I have Sister Wives Season ten, episode three.
Speaker 2: And to tit tit confessions, and I don't know what we're confessing here. Oh, because we start off like the first half of the episode is Janelle and Mary talking about their relationship, and a lot of it we've heard before. They're complete opposites. They had a lot of issues. In the beginning, we talk about like how Janelle kind of came into the family. She was married to Mary's brother for a ripe eleven months and then dumped him and then immediately got with Cody, and Mary was jealous about it. We all know this, but what we're skating around is the fact that Mary took out her jealousy on Janelle a lot and was super mean, and then that caused a toxic, unhealthy family environment for everyone involved. It wasn't just Mary and Janelle that we're suffering this, it was everybody else. And I don't know, like we're we're just like dancing around, like the core issues. We briefly talk about Mary with her catfish and how she's like, I'm still working on it.
Speaker 1: Can we get back to that. That's the whole reason I'm in season ten and excited is to talk about the catfish. But once again, it's the whole episode where we're not dealing with it.
Speaker 2: I think it's on purpose. I think we're doing a bunch of other things to distract the public and distract everybody else from the fact that Mary had a full on emotional affair.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but if Robin and Kendra and even Cody kind of were behind the scenes during the Catfish sort of egging it on or whatever, or participating in some way with the Catfish, why would they be doing that if they didn't want anybody to know about it.
Speaker 2: Maybe because they thought that they wouldn't get negative publicity from it, But I bet you even back then, people were coming for Cody and Robin and being like, why would Mary even feel this way? I feel like a lot of people have been kind of on Mary's side with it, Like you can acknowledge that she cheated and that was wrong obviously, and having an emotional affair is not good when you're still a married woman. But I feel like even people back then saw the writing on the wall and saw that Cody was favoring Robin and that he was being a piece of shit, And so maybe that's why they're like pivoting away from it, or maybe Mary is just super shameful and doesn't want to talk about it, which I guess is fair.
Speaker 1: I guess, but I mean, I wish they would talk about it more. But that's the story of our life and skipping ahead and I won't be labor it. But when we get to the therapy session, like are we even talking about anything? Like we're not talking about anything that's real. What we know about what actually went down with Mary and Janelle we kind of learned in the last couple of current seasons from Janelle and Mary, like talking to Sukanya and from Christine's book, actually, and it sounds like it was really awful. It sounds like Mary again was legit abusive. And then as you were mentioning and I don't want to steal your thunder because you should probably bring this up with the catfish in her book, she said, what did she say? She said that Mary had told her Jackie, who was at the time pretending to be a dude Sam, Mary had told her that Janelle and Mary got into such a terrible fight way back in the day, in the beginning of their marriages, and that Janelle actually punched Mary in.
Speaker 2: Her belly, pregnant belly, her pregnant.
Speaker 1: Belly, and it was unforgivable and from that moment on for Mary, she couldn't go back with Janelle and so I'm thinking, like, what year is that, because Janelle, Mary's Cody. Three years into Mary's marriage with Cody, Janelle proceeds to immediately start getting prego, but it takes Mary a while. Christine comes into the family immediately starts getting prego, and I don't think Mary gets pregnant.
Speaker 2: I feel think Leon was after like two or three kids, right, because it was like Logan and then Maddie and then I think as has been and I want to say, like Leon is like the fourth or fifth or something like that.
Speaker 1: Right, So Mary was sitting back for a while seething without a child.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So but like by the time she's pregnant with Leon, they've been together, like Janelle's been in the family maybe a couple.
Speaker 2: Of years, yeah, to three years.
Speaker 1: So I just I don't know. I just I want to know more. And of course, current year of Our Lord, twenty twenty six, we've got Leon out on the internet, Oh my god, Yeah, trying to share their story of their upbringing and basically saying nothing. We have Christine giving some tidbits in her book, but like we just really don't have anybody speaking openly about what happened. And it's a drag Beatrice.
Speaker 2: I really feel like the only people in the family that have said anything kind of outing Mary have been Christine a little bit in her book and Maddie on Twitter or whatever that has MICHELTI since been deleted a ma Chelt. So like, we have these snippets, and to me and to everybody who's heard this, I'm like, it sounds like Mary was really bad. And you know, in this episode, Mary talks about it like, yeah, I would just you know, say things, would just say what came to my mind. And Janelle didn't like that.
Speaker 1: I'm like, that's not that's not the full truth, as if that was what her problem was. Yeah, here's what I contributed to the toxic vibration of the relationship. I was very direct because I come from a father who was a very good communicator, and so that's just who I am. M I'm like, elaborate what else.
Speaker 2: And it's like the verbiage that she's using to frame it, like to say that you're very direct is not necessarily a negative trait, But to say like, yeah, I was verbally abusive, like that would be telling the full truth of like, you know, cause you can be direct and verbally abusive. You can be sure, direct and very mean, but you can also be direct and kind about it, or you can be honest with kindness. So it's like Mary is annoying me in this episode because she's not saying the full truth and she keeps putting it on Janelle and like blaming Janelle for shutting down, for not wanting to talk about things, for having to just think about it for a few minutes of like how she wants to articulate her feelings or what she's act actually feeling. Like Mary blames her for that and it's really gross. Like I just don't like that at all. And I just wish that Mary could, I don't know, tell the truth for once in her life.
Speaker 1: Yeah, or have some self reflection. And I guess when we get to therapy there is a little bit of self reflection, but it seems a bit forced.
Speaker 2: It's super superficial.
Speaker 1: It's also sad that it took these ladies twenty years to come to some very basic psychological understanding of each other.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And that's my other issue with it, is that we're also skating across the idea that what these women are actually feeling is jealousy over one another because they're having to share their husband because they're in this like weird.
Speaker 1: I don't even know that Janelle was jealous.
Speaker 2: Though probably not, but she probably felt like I don't know, like Mary, like why are you even upset with me? Like we join this religion for a reason, this is the tenet of our religion.
Speaker 1: Well, and Janelle says in this episode, I came into this marriage and I thought like it was going to be so awesome because I was getting along with Mary and I knew Mary.
Speaker 2: But nope, and now I appreciate in this episode, even though she's got her own issues obviously, like she's at least articulating some of her problems, Like I came into this really naive, like thinking that we could come into it and everything would work out fine and we'd have no issues whatsoever. And you know, I underestimated that. And she talks about how she's learning about herself now that she does shut down. She checks out that's not a healthy way of communicating. She wants to be better about it, but it's uncomfortable for her. It's like something she's not used to doing. And then we talk about like Christine joining the family and how she ended up being like this calming element, and even Cody says this, like Christine definitely brought in this calming energy, this grounding energy to this chaosome between Mary and Janelle. Christine had to be like the mediator between the two of them. She had to communicate for them to each other, which is just crazy. And I wonder how Christine actually feels about being in that position, because if it were me, I probably would resent that after a while, because like, get a grip.
Speaker 1: Yeah, y'all are adults.
Speaker 2: Holy shit. And so they're gonna end up going to therapy with Nancy, who's like probably the worst therapist I've ever seen in my life. But before that, we have to do Robin's dumbass baby shower.
Speaker 1: Because we have even one episode that's not centered on Robin.
Speaker 2: The only thing that I thought was interesting was that we had Mindy, Robin's niece, Oh yes, interviewed a little bit in this episode because she's helping Christine plan this baby shower, and we have like a little interstitial with Mindy kind of talking about plural marriage and how she grew up around it. She's very familiar with it, and she says something like, you know, there's a lot of things that the Browns do that are that's inspiring to me with plural marriage, Like, I feel like they do some things right, but there's things that I would do differently, and they're not perfect, and I wouldn't live plural marriage myself, but like, you know, it seems like they're good people and they're trying their best. And I was like, huh, that's interesting because it seems like Mindy is primarily around like Robin and Cody, Yes, and so if she's observing the family from Robin and Cody's vantage point, I'm like, are you seeing what they're doing wrong?
Speaker 1: Or are you like it's probably all being filtered through Robin and what Robin is saying to Mindy about Mary being catfished and Christine being insecure and Janelle being this or that, So that's probably what it's based on.
Speaker 2: Yikes. Yeah, I just thought that was an interesting little tidbit there. But we're having everybody get ready for the baby shower, and Christine's going all out, like she's got all these decorations, she's got.
Speaker 1: The table cloths, she's having fun, she's.
Speaker 2: Having so much fun. We know Christine loves to plan a party. Janelle is like, I'm overwhelmed already, but I'll bring cupcakes or whatever. So she brings cupcakes over and it's really sweet. And the whole time we're decorating for this baby shower, I'm just thinking to myself, how can Robin say that the family didn't accept her? And like, how can Robin say to this day that they didn't care about her, they didn't accept her, they didn't love her when they threw this huge baby shower for her baby, Like, they didn't have to do that if they didn't like her, but they did and it was really fun. And then when Robin comes over for the ultimate baby shower, like she comes over with kind of a mean face a little bit. She's like kind of dour, but then she ends up having some fun. They play some games or whatever, and she's like, oh, it was like a good time. Okay, the family loves you.
Speaker 1: Mm hmm.
Speaker 2: So what's the deal in season twenty twenty one.
Speaker 1: Well, they're rewriting history. It's their revisionist history. It's just like I also wonder whether all of these family celebrations are actually driven by production, Like, Okay, we've got to do another event. It's like this the Real Housewives. They're always going to some Housewives dinner or some Housewives party, and that's kind of the scene of the drama that happens. So it kind of feels a little bit like that. So maybe if if I'm playing demon Devil's advocate, maybe Robin looks back at this point and says, well, that was all disingenuous. That was just for the show. They didn't really want to do any.
Speaker 2: Of that even then, And like, Robin, look at yourself, though you stole all these women's husband.
Speaker 1: What are you doing for any of the other wives? No, for real, I don't really see any of that from you.
Speaker 2: We haven't seen you plan anything for them. Actually, like literally nothing you get but her. When Mary wants to go back to college, you don't do anything to support her. So I don't know, baby shower's cute or whatever. She's gonna have a baby, girl, it's gonna be a she sucks. I just don't care.
Speaker 1: I don't care either.
Speaker 2: And so the last portion of the episode is Janelle and Mary finally going to therapy with Nancy, who is totally dud. Like you said at the beginning of this episode, she's such a dud. And Janelle starts off therapy being like, I don't want this to turn into something where we have to rehash the past.
Speaker 1: Okay, stop, Yeah, I mean I don't think that's how therapy works. No, And I think if you have a long standing, two decade old issue with somebody that has aspects of abuse and miscommunication, like you're gonna have to maybe dig into what the problem was. Janelle, you're so avoidant. You don't want to talk about any of that. You just want to work on like the building blocks for a new relationship. Well that's not realistic.
Speaker 2: And Mary calls that out in therapy. She's like, I just don't understand how that can really work if we don't talk about the past, like we do have to kind of work through some of that. And then Nancy comes in saying, well, if you want to reconstruct like a present what does she say if you want to reconstruct a present and future relationship? You know, the way that we can talk about the past is saying when you didn't feel safe?
Speaker 1: And I'm just like, can we got the word safe? It's not why? Well, because she physically assaulted me, I don't feel safe literally because she was verbally abusive to me and called me names. I don't feel safe, Like, tell me why you're not safe. Yeah, let's bring it into the light. Sunlight is the greatest disinfectant. Yeah, but these people are constantly in the shadows and trying to hide the truth from us obviously, but I think also from themselves.
Speaker 2: Oh totally. And you're right that Janelle is completely avoidant and like Mary is too in her own way. I think everybody in this family is kind of avoidant in some way, shape or form. Christine doesn't seem to be well, I mean like the opiate's.
Speaker 1: Oh well, I mean she's okay, I guess, but it's like to want to engage in because she does.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and she is more expressive, and even in Mary's regards, she is a little bit more expressive than somebody like Janelle. Now, Mary doesn't express in the right way or in like a healthy way. She expresses lies, yes, but like she at least kind of brings up some of her feelings. Janelle did frustrate me with that comment a little bit. I'm like, girl, that's not what therapy is.
Speaker 1: Like.
Speaker 2: I have known people in my life, like friends and people I've encountered who have said that to me, been like, I don't want to go to therapy because I don't want to talk about my past because what does my past have to do with what I'm going through in my life?
Speaker 1: Literally?
Speaker 2: Everything, literally everything, Like you have to talk about it, right, like, and I know it sucks, it's gonna bring up painful shit and it's gonna get worse before it gets better, but like, you do have to talk about it. I think Janelle, if I'm to play a little bit of Devil's advocate, I think Janelle said that because she doesn't want shit to escalate with Mary, because probably talking about their past issues causes more fights between her and Mary and Mary Janelle doesn't want to deal with that, Like she doesn't want to deal with conflict. She especially doesn't want to deal with Mary being super direct with her. And that's Janelle's words. Janelle's like, I don't want to deal with your directness because I take offense to it. Yeah, because she's mean. But we talk in therapy about really nothing. It's about how different they are in their communication styles. We have this like little exercize where Nancy's like, Okay, I want you guys to switch roles and talk as each other. And Janelle is nervous about this because she doesn't want to offend Mary. But this is a process that you have to do. I'm sure in relationship therapy you just kind of have to think about it from the other person's perspective, because I think Nancy says something to Mary like, you can't assume what somebody is going through in their mind or what they're thinking, because then you're going to attach yourself to that and it's not actually reality.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And she also says, well, I think Mary is worried because she's like, well, I don't want to impersonate Janelle because I only have my thoughts of who Janelle is. And Nancy says, well, that's a good place to start, because you can reveal what your thoughts are on Janelle and then we can kind of deal with it from there. So that was helpful. But I just felt like both ladies were so nice to the other, like they didn't actually speak in the voice of the other person in a way that was indicative of the conflict that has happened between them. Yeah, Like if I were Janelle, I would have maybe mirrored some of the abusive languaging that Mary has been using over the years, and I would have brought that out, but this is a fake therapy session, I guess, And so we're just not going to deal in realities, Okay.
Speaker 2: Okay, Yeah, we're just going to be there on the bush and we're just going to talk about how we just have different communication styles and like that's the issue, not the fact that Mary's a bully and Janelle's conflict of wouldn't We're going to talk about, well, I just don't know how to communicate.
Speaker 1: It's just who we are as people. And that's perfectly okay.
Speaker 2: And that drives me nuts because there's sometimes like your behavior is not the right way.
Speaker 1: Just because that's who you are, and objectively it's wrong.
Speaker 2: Yes, Like just because that's who you are, it doesn't mean that you have to stay that way. Like some day you can change, you can grow as a person. You can learn to be more expressive, or you can learn to be a little bit more like patient and listen to people. Like I don't know why we have to just be like I'm Mary and I'm direct and I'm honest, and that's just how I'm to be.
Speaker 1: I'm going to apologize for it because I'm awesome, Okay, great therapy. We really changed to shift a lot.
Speaker 2: I can't stand there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's stupid.
Speaker 2: And then we hear from Cody and his interstitials while they're at therapy.
Speaker 1: He's not hopeful, no, for these two ladies.
Speaker 2: He literally is like Janella and Mary are completely different people in every single way. Like the only thing they have in common is that they're both women.
Speaker 1: They have a long road ahead of them, and at some point he says something like all I can really do is pray to have the faith that they can change. Yeah, not pray that they can change, Pray that I can even believe for a second that they can change, because at this point I don't have that belief at all. And I honestly think that hinges on Mary because Cody detests Mary. And this is all going to come out, I think, in this next this season and next season, because he's going to sit down and counseling with Mary and we're really going to see the scope of his emotions. Yeah, and he is angry, and he's been angry the entire marriage.
Speaker 2: Now, let me ask you that, because do you think Cody was fed up before he met Robin, like fed up with Mary before he met Robin. Or do you think that when he met Robin and realized that love could be like so, I do.
Speaker 1: Not think it was an epiphany.
Speaker 2: Nope.
Speaker 1: I think that they were fighting the entire time. I think Mary was a problem the entire time. I think we have Cody in the upcoming therapy session saying something like, you lied to me. Yeah, and he never explains what Mary lied to him about, but he says something like, you lied to me from the beginning, as if the very premise of their marriage, the reason he proposed in the first place, was based on a lie. That was my impression when I saw that particular therapy session which is coming up in the future. So it's like Mary from the very beginning has done something wrong in his eyes.
Speaker 2: What do you think it would be with your fake psychic.
Speaker 1: Don't I don't know. Oh, I mean maybe maybe Mary said, yes, I think we should have a plural family. Yes, I'm really into it and I'm supportive of it and I want it. And then we bring in Janelle and Mary proceeds to abuse Janelle, and Cody's like, what are you doing? You lied? And now our entire family is going to be fucked up because of it. But I don't know. It could be something different than that. And I always wondered that, And I'm wondering if you're out there, for example, if you're on YouTube and you remember the therapy session I'm talking about, what do you think Cody was referencing when he said that.
Speaker 2: Because I could kind of see that, and you know, from Cody's like dumb perspective, maybe it is something like, you know, he thought Mary would be okay with plural marriage, and so then he starts getting all these whys.
Speaker 1: Maybe she wasn't a virgin, Oh.
Speaker 2: My god, but he wasn't either.
Speaker 1: Yeah, a gay lover. But I mean there's such a double standard in all religion, but particularly Mormonism. That actually happened to one of my husbands. I won't just close with one because I don't want it to be traced to anybody. Yeah, but he married a woman who said she was a virgin and he was a virgin, and she turned out he married her Catholic boy.
Speaker 2: And then he didn't find out until they were fugging.
Speaker 1: Like three years later later she was not a virgin. That's horrible. Yeah, so it could be something like that.
Speaker 2: Oh my god. Well, but Cody, you had a gay.
Speaker 1: Lover, so like well, and maybe the agreement was that Mary would peg him and she did.
Speaker 2: Maybe that was the lie you betrayed me. You didn't put it on my head.
Speaker 1: Yes, I don't know, God, but there's something bigger there. Yeah. It hasn't been written in a book, but it is constantly implied. M And it's also in the energy. Like Cody does not like Mary, it doesn't like Christine as well. But with Christine he's revolted. Yeah, like he's grossed out by Christine for whatever reason. And if you read Christine's book, which by the way, we cover on Patreon. We did four separate episodes like an hour a pop. In christine book, she talks about when they got married and started having the sexicals like Cody would make her wear her Mormon underwear, yeah, or like be almost fully clothed, and it's probably because he couldn't stand to see her body. I think Cody has been revolted by Christine from the beginning, and he's been angry at Mary from the beginning.
Speaker 2: I can see that.
Speaker 1: And remember in the last season, I know this is a tangent. But do you remember during his apology tour when he goes to see Janelle and he's like, I really should have protected you. Like we had something really special, me and you, and I didn't protect it from that awful monster Mary. So I mean, I think I think that's how he felt about I think he only loved Janelle until Robin came along.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And I've seen people comment on our YouTube, on various other videos saying that, like Janelle was the original Robin in that he favored her probably over the other two wives, and then Robin came along, and then she became his favorite. And I could see that, and you know, we could have a conversation all day every day about why that would be the case. But like if Mary's crazy and Christine's crazy, then yeah, like probably, yeah, Janelle is probably gonna be the favorite wife because she has been kind of calm, cool, collected. She's totally Torrian in this episode. I feel like, yeah, not in the avoidant sense.
Speaker 1: Yeah, just like a Taurus will tell you how they feel, sure.
Speaker 2: The bull, but like in the sense of I just want everything to be okay. Like after therapy, they go shopping for Thanksgiving decorations, and Chanelle says something really sweet where she's just like, you know, I really love the holidays. I want everybody to be together, even if I'm a little delusional in thinking that we could all just fake it for a day, Like I really just want to have the holidays. I want everybody to be at home and enjoy good food and enjoy family because that's what it's all about. And that I'm like, that's really sweet. And Mary says something like Janelle's always been for the family, Like despite all of their calm, despite any conflicts that they've had in the family, Janelle has always been rooted in the family unit, which is really important. Similar to Christine, Like Christine was always about the kids and stuff, even though she wasn't necessarily a perfect mom and she was high on opiates for a period of time, she was also very much about the family. And I think that's why Cody kept those women on it in particular the longest, because they did kind of maintain the illusion of this plural marriage thing can kind of work, like, oh, we'll have all the kids around and we'll have our houses and we'll pretend like we're a happy family because We've got these other women that are helping the facade while I'm fucking my main bitch and my mc mansion with all of her dolls watching me.
Speaker 1: Oh god, you know it's true. Yeah, I can totally I can totally see that.
Speaker 2: So we conclude Mary and Janelle's like dumb fake therapy session by Nancy saying something like, you guys both have unique strengths that if you guys actually want to work on your relationship together, you can help each other. You can help each other grow, but you know, you have to try, you have to want to have a better relationship with each other, and maybe we can do that. And like you said, Cody says, they have a long road. He doesn't seem very hopeful about it. And of course we know in twenty twenty six, like they don't really have.
Speaker 1: A relationship together, the same relationship.
Speaker 2: It's pretty terrible. And like it was interesting because Mary in this episode has a comment about, you know, despite everything that Janelle and I have gone through, I know that if it came down to it, Janelle would have my back.
Speaker 1: And Janelle says the same thing about Mary.
Speaker 2: And it's really interesting because we see in twenty twenty six, Janelle did have Mary's back, but I was thinking.
Speaker 1: Did she I have about the property that she wanted to sell out from under Mary? Maybe, but she warned.
Speaker 2: Her about the divorce, She warned her about the property situation before all of that, and there was a lot of gray area with that. But I'm like, did Mary have Janelle's back? I don't think so.
Speaker 1: I don't think so either, certainly not in the last couple of years Mary was about Mary. I also wanted to point out at the baby shower, Jen was there, Jen Mary's friend. Oh I didn't notice from current seasons, which kind of speaks to the question that we've been asking, like, did Mary not have any friends during the Catfish that she could have been talking to about this? She certainly did. One of those people was Jen, and I wouldn't be a bit surprised if Jen was encouraging her to do it. I mean's like, yes, girl, go get it, get out of this cocked up family. You don't need to be in this family, which ties into Janelle talking in our last season in the tell Alls with Sue Kanya talking about how Jen told Janelle that Gent told Mary take the money and run. Oh yeah, maybe it's all around. Maybe it's happening around this time in the season.
Speaker 2: Yeah, my god, there's so much behind the scenes that you just not letting on.
Speaker 1: It's like that meme with all the things and trying to figure out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's so many pieces that we have to piece together out of all these seasons. It's crazy. So after therapy, then Mary and Janelle decide to go shopping for Thanksgiving and.
Speaker 1: Darry She's immediately annoyed with Janelle for just being a normal person having fun picking out a wreath.
Speaker 2: Like this is the problem. Like Mary can't just like chill the fuck out.
Speaker 1: But I think she can when she's out with like Jen and she's out with her other friends and her wine moms, Like I think she can be a good friend at Disneyland. But if it's Christine or if it's Janelle, she just can't do it.
Speaker 2: And I don't know if it's because these are her sister wives and so she's jealous of them, and so she's just angry and resentful of them in general for just fucking her husband while she's celibate, Like she doesn't get to have her Punini touch. She's sucking on a banana just to get some relief. It's like, maybe that's the reason, But I don't know if it's because of that or if it's because her friends that she surrounds herself with communicate to her in a way that she finds acceptable, because it does seem like Janelle gets annoy by these women and how they express themselves and how they communicate.
Speaker 1: And that's what's frustrating to me, Like you have to marry Mary gets annoyed.
Speaker 2: By it, Yeah, okay, And you have to be able to like accept that people are different from you, like you're not gonna think like you Capricorn.
Speaker 1: And furthermore, Janelle was being really cute and sweet, and I'm just not like Janelle to care about decorations for Thanksgiving. And she's kind of going out on a limb and she's wanting to do it with you because Mary, you're big into decorations. And so she finds this wreath and this little boutique and she's like should I get it? Should I not get it? And Mary becomes exasperated with her, and she's like, oh my god, just get the wreaths, like it's not a big deal. I'm like, and that's that's the problem, Like you don't have any grace for Janelle. And it's because of everything that has come before. It's not just because Mary's an awful person, although that too, yeah, but it's also because of the two decades that preceded this moment in which they've been having this terrible problem which they won't talk about at all.
Speaker 2: And watching this actually made me have some self reflection for how I was when I was a teenagers. Like watching this behavior from a forty four year old for real, but like watching this behavior from a forty four year old woman was so unbecoming because I acted like this to my little sister when I was a.
Speaker 1: Teen My god, just get the wreath already.
Speaker 2: Literally, Like I was like that with my sister, who was a very like methodical kind of a person. She did have to think about things for a while, and she did things a certain way. Uh aries, but she's a Libra moon, I think, no librerizing. Oh okay, she's a Sagittarius moon though.
Speaker 1: Oh gosh, so.
Speaker 2: We didn't but heads a lot of powder cake, yeah, a little bit, but growing up, like she would do things a certain way and it would drive me nuts because I'm like that's the wrong way to do it. I would get super stubborn about it, and I would kind of act like Mary. I would get really exacerbated with her and frustrated. But you know, I'm an adult now and I'm thirty and I've had years of therapy or whatever, and I'm like, oh, that wasn't right, and i sense apologized to my sister. Okay, I was a kid, But that's my point is like I acted like that as an unregulated teenager going through puberty, and Mary is acting like that as a forty four something year old.
Speaker 1: Going through Perrymotoposa. But like, get a grip, though, word, get a c I don't know what else to say, Like, I just I'm exasperated by these people.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I just can't. Like it frustrated me that Mary was getting annoyed with Janelle pondering about if she should get this wreath. It's like not a.
Speaker 1: Big deal at all, No, it's not.
Speaker 2: I just but like Christine and Robin are kind of teasing them on the couch, being like this is so weird that they're going out to get decorations. Because even something as simple as this activity, like everybody's like, are you sure about that? Do you want to hang out with each other? Like that's super weird. You guys never do something like this together, Like that's crazy, Like how their relationship has devolved to a point where you can't even go to like some bitch ass boutique store and shop for decorations. But they're trying, and Janelle says, like, we want to put our therapy into practice, like we really want to work on things, but we all know.
Speaker 1: How'd that work out for you ladies.
Speaker 2: It's all for not And so then we get into the preview for the next episode. We have Thanksgiving coming up. We have the adult kids coming home from college and the pawn shop.
Speaker 1: And the fuck session in Montana.
Speaker 2: And so everyone's coming back home for Thanksgiving. Everybody's excited about it. And Janelle again extends like an olive branch to Mary and she wants to decorate the house for Thanksgiving with Mary, because you, like you said, Mary loves to decorate. She loves grafts and stuff. And Janelle has never really helped out before, but she wants to because she wants to work on their relationship. And even doing this, it's gonna cause friction because Mary's first thought is like, well, if we're gonna help out the decorations, I don't want to do it all by myself, lazy bitch.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so immediately Janelle starts to dis yeah, just float into the ass rightfully, so because here we go again with this bitch.
Speaker 2: Like it's ridiculous. So ultimately I remember this episode. They end up decorating a little bit, but Mary bitches the entire time, so it's like all for nothing. And then when they're setting up in the preview for Thanksgiving dinner, Cody comes in with his floppy ass hair, not contributing a single thing to this entire decoration. He says something like I don't like the way the tables look, like what are we doing with this? And he's saying this to Mary. They're arguing about it, and Mary's first thing to say is like, well it was Christine's idea. And Mary says in the preview like, it's easier for me if Cody's mad at somebody else other than me. So this again is like proof of Mary's shitty character that you want to like throw the wives under the bus. Yeah, so that way you don't have to deal with the smoke. I'm just like, okay, get out of here, girl, it's gonna be an annoying episode.
Speaker 1: Well, do you want to talk about some current Yeah, okay, what do you think about pres Hilton?
Speaker 2: Oh my god, dude.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean, and here's why I thought about it just now. And it's kind of crazy. But Mary is putting herself out now as like this transformed woman who has word it up. Yeah, like so much better now. I know the real mean what I deserve, and I'm a good person. And kind of with Preres Hilton, he did the same thing. Do you know the story of Press Hilton y'all?
Speaker 2: No, not recently. I saw some videos before his thing on TikTok. If you guys don't know, don't fucking look it up. It's horrifying.
Speaker 1: I think everybody knows by now. But like, well, but do you know who he used to be? Yes, of course, yeah, he used to be a terrible blogger. He was awful to celebrities. He was constantly humiliating them and putting them through humiliation rituals online. It was truly terrible, and he was unapologetic and he was asked to stop and he never did. And then like three or four months ago, he got released and he was hospitalized. Yeah, he got sepsis, so he's really really ill. He claims he had a near death experience.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and he started like preaching about God a lot.
Speaker 1: And he had an experience or an encounter with Jesus the number one man himself, and he converted I guess to Well, he never really says what he converted to. I mean I assume he converted to Christianity or whatever. And then he had a psychotic break. Yeah, and that was last week and he's.
Speaker 2: Still in the hospital. Right have we heard.
Speaker 1: From him since he's still in the hospital, and so kind of the ironic thing is his team at pres Hilton dot com released a statement saying, like we're dealing with this, we just really ask for privacy at this time, and like everybody's like, well, you never gave that privacy to anybody else. And if this had happened to any celebrity when you were out there being like this gum of the earth back in the day, you'd have absolutely brought cast is to everybody. But now you want privacy. I think it really presents such a good question around compassion and forgiveness and like allowing for the idea. And this is kind of bringing it back to Mary allowing for the idea that people actually can change. I think a lot of people out there don't think that people can change, and or even if they do, it doesn't really matter because they formed an opinion of you. And maybe I'm guilty of this with Mary, but I've formed an opinion of you that you were an asshole. I'm never going to forgive you. You don't deserve anybody, no, anybody's forgiveness. Yeah, And that's kind of how so many people are treating Perez and what's happened with Perez. And I'm just wondering what y'all think about it, And I'm wondering what you think about it.
Speaker 2: Oh, I agree. I was actually talking about it with your daughter because she said it was horrifying. Like she was the one that told me about it. She's like, don't look it up, and I did because I let you.
Speaker 1: What did you see the actual Yes, I did.
Speaker 2: It was horrifying. It was horrifying.
Speaker 1: I feel like those that's a mind virus, well, I feel like they're trying to desensitize us to this type of violence so that we're not affected by it. When they perpetrate it on us in the future.
Speaker 2: Well, unfortunately, we've been exposed to this kind of violence for like over a decade, like WikiLeaks used to be a thing, and live leak used to be a thing. Like I've seen way work.
Speaker 1: I've never seen any of that stuff good.
Speaker 2: It would hurt your soul. But like we were talking about it with Perez Hilton, and she said that her vibe was like, we don't understand like what sepsis does to the brain and how it can really fuck your body up, Like we don't really understand what it does to the human body, like we think we do, but I think there's a lot of like long lasting effects. So like from her perspective, it's like this is from the sepsis and maybe it was like a psychotic break from the bacteria and stuff in his brain. I don't know. My vibe on it was like this is some demonic shit because and I'm not like, look, I believe in Jesus, I believe in God or whatever. My thing is like this is demonic. And if you are somebody who has been in this state, this vibrational state of like constantly being a piece of shit to like all of these people exposing all of their private lives and nudes and like these really crazy stories and like making your whole business model off of treating people this way, Like you kind of open yourself up to that kind of an energy, and like if you did have a near death experience and it did make you change your perspective on life and you did open your heart to Jesus, that's great, and I think that's awesome or whatever, but that still doesn't mean that, like you're solved from all of that if you're still in this like vibration. And so I'm like, seeing what he did on TikTok Live, I'm like, that's demon shit.
Speaker 1: So I haven't seen it, but some people are saying they think that that was just all for attention to like that's crazy. So it was like, do you think it was an actual psychotic break?
Speaker 2: I think yeah, like demon position because Okay, I don't know with self harm and stuff like that, because if you guys don't know what he did, like it was really horrible self harm whatever. You don't do that kind of stuff for the public. Self harm is something you do because you hate yourself. It's something that's very private, you hide your scars usually like it's a really horrible symptom of depression. I speak from experience doing it like that in front of a live audience. Like, that's like psycho demonic, crazy shit right there. That's my opinion.
Speaker 1: So to your point about it being demonic, it just and I actually thought about this because in the bubble, Jesus casts a demon out of some poor suffering soul. And I'm gonna paraphrase because I don't have it in front of me, but Jesus says something like, now, because careful, y'all, because if you don't change, if you don't clean the home in which the demon resided, that demon's gonna come back. But he's gonna bring seven other demons with him, So you're gonna have an even bigger problem then you started with. So I mean, with somebody like Perez, I mean, who are we to say what actually happened? But I do think there's there is a spiritual component. I do, guys. I feel like we are we are living in a spiritual world. Yeah, and we are in such a strange, freaked out time yeah, in our Earth's history. I truly believe we came here at this time personally to disrupt and to bring in some of the light. And so this is why I want to and I don't know if this is the right podcast for it, because we talk about the sister Wives, and I'm trying to make a connection to Mary, because like, even Mary deserves compassion. I mean, of course Mary deserves compassion. And we make fun of Mary. Yeah, we talk about the more critical or whatever, and we're like, what are you doing worthying of? Is this just a money grab? And we're constantly critiquing Mary. But Mary's a person irrespective of what happened in the past, She's deserving of compassion, love and a happy life. I wish a happy life for Mary where she's like actualized and like personally developed and she can reflect and look at all these aspects of herself that she wants to change and then change them. That's what I want for her, And likewise, I want the same thing for somebody like Perez. Of course, I just wish that people. Gosh could I feel like Kasha. I feel like social media is on purpose intentionally creating just hordes of people who don't give a shit about humans.
Speaker 2: Well, then you have all of those CIA created bots on Instagram and TikTok and everything that are making all of these comments that are so heinous, like people are saying that Perez deserve this and like we shouldn't care about them or whatever, And I'm like, are you, Like, how can you look at a video like that and not have any kind of compassion for him? Because that's literally horrifying.
Speaker 1: I don't think it's all bots. I think there are so many people who feel justified in not having any compassion, and I just feel like that's that's the least that we can muster for somebody who's in clear emotional and physical distress, and like, yeah, we don't have to like him, and you know, yeah we don't have to support him or whatever, but like we could absolutely hope for the best and pray for them.
Speaker 2: Well, And that's my point about like social media and the Internet in general, because you have all of these like influencing like actors on here, you have all the CIA bots, you have like all of these crazy headlines, you have AI algorithms, you have censorship of the ass everything is controlled, Like all of the information that you are fed is going through all of these different hands to try and manipulate you. Into thinking and believing a certain way. And I think that's what's caused a lot of this like lack of compassion and like lack of humanity in regular, regular people, because like you're constantly on your phone all day, and if you're somebody that can like try and resist that, that's good, but like nobody's immune to it. Like if you're on your phone doom scrolling all the time, like you're gonna eventually succumb to some of these negative energies.
Speaker 1: And I feel like we all are. I'm wondering, is it even possible anymore to cut the cord from the phone.
Speaker 2: I don't know, And I've thought about that too, because like I.
Speaker 1: So heavily addicted to it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I fucking hate it. You have to do other things to like distract yourself from your phone, like learn an instrument or write correct, do some art or whatever. Get off the fucking internet, because it's going to be a dead internet anyway thanks to AI.
Speaker 1: I know, so nothing that you're interacting with is actually happening in real life, not at all. And actually the people that you meet when you're walking down the street, the people that you meet each day are a lot more like you than the people that are showing up on social media exactly, So don't get it twisted exactly. I believe most people are good. I think so too, But I mean I think this sort of syop with social media and like what we're seeing and having like fucking TikTok allow for this to be broadcast for fifteen minutes straight without pulling the plug. I feel like this is trying to change the way collectively we are conscious. Yeah, and it's a low vibrational bitch, is real. I rebuke it. I rebuke it me too, And I hope it's okay that every now and again we talk about I think we should all current events. I mean, we talk about this stuff all the time. Off the pot and Sister Wives can only take us so far.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, it sometimes it's it is.
Speaker 1: Yes, we are literally mining for like Robin yeah in Alaska, for just like a little bit of gold from some of these episodes. But like we do our very best. We love to hear from you. We are on Instagram, as we said, you can always write to Beatrice. She loves to hear from you, especially if you're nice. Yeah, and also on YouTube, drop in like leave a comment, even if it's like a raccoon emoji. Every single thing helps in the algorithm. And honey, when I tell you we are shadow band, now we shine like the sun. We canceled. People are finding us anyway, but like there is a shadow over this channel. So anything you can do truly does help us, Beatrice, is there anything else that we should say to these beautiful raccoons before we get up on at it here?
Speaker 2: As always, if feel of our podcast, please do us a favor. Go to your favorite podcast platform and leave us a glowing five star review. And if you want to hear more weird conversations from us, let us know in the comments and send us a message or whatever, and send us some topics. If there's some current events that we're not privy to, like, let us know. Maybe we'll talk about it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, maybe we will. We probably will.
Speaker 2: We probably will.
Speaker 1: All Right, We're gonna be back next week to continue Sister Wives. We've got stuff going up on Patreon. Definitely join us there. It really does. Like we said, it is the best way to help us. It really does help us. Yeah, And until then, until we come back, please do not forget that we have nothing but actual and real human love for you and peace. L may my God