Speaker 1: My Bill cunning in the Great America. Welcome this great Tuesday afternoon the tri State. Terrible weather's coming tomorrow evening and Thursday. Stay tuned tomorrow on that's predicted we may have seven to eight inches of rain, which is not good, especially in the hollows of Kentucky, in large parts of Ohio and also Reds Baseball kicks off tonight about five point forty with Della Cruz and the torpedo bat. The torpedo bat means they're going to change the weight of the bat, take it from the tip and put it with a ball hits the bat about six to eight inches of a spot, and he's hitting home runs like crazy, as is the New York Yankees. So I thought I would have on the Attorney General, we'll talk about the legalities of torpedo bats. But on second hand, maybe David Yos knows nothing about torpedo bats but knows about the Safe Act. First of all, David Yos, Ohio Attorney General, you know anything about the torpedo bat?
Speaker 2: No, but they sound like they ought to be illegal. Like black guns. That looks scary. Yeah, ghost guns, you should have them.
Speaker 1: And you would have thought by this time in American history. You know, baseball started professionally here in eighteen sixty nine, which is which is a while ago, almost one hundred and sixty years. And what it means is you think of a typical wooden baseball bat, and the weight distribution at the end of the bat is moved about three inches down, creating kind of a bulge, almost like a snake eating a porcupine. And there's a bulge right there where the rubber hits the road, where the ball hits the bat, which causes more mass to hit the object, which means it goes further. So last night Della Cruz had seven RBI and also two home runs and a double almost hit for the cycle. But it ought to be illegal. But I'm shocked that people haven't figured this out before. Let's talk about something more germane to you, as the Attorney general. You have a great column up on the National Review which I read constantly, and the headline is a bad game. You claim a bad game of legal twister won't block Ohio's Safe Act. The first sentence, the State of Pella court twisted itself into knots to prevent the state's law restricting medicalized gendor transition for miners and you say. In the nineteen sixties, Milton Bradley created a twister game, marketing It is the game that ties you up in knots. It's a large plastic matt adorned with multi colored circles, and the spinner told each consecutive game or where the place is or arm or foot. First of all, explain what the legislature did. Then explain what the governor did. Then explain what the legislator did in reaction to that. Then explain what the appellate court did. Then explain where we are today. It's the floor is your mister Attorney General will explain it all.
Speaker 2: We'll try to make it quick. The General Assembly passed a common sense law. I kind of can't even believe we had. It's like passing the law that says you're going to need to breathe. Everybody has to breathe. The law said no, no, men and boys and girls, sports and uh. Doctors aren't allowed to come in and use chemicals, drugs, puberty blockers, or surgery to permanently change somebody's gender.
Speaker 1: Why is that an issue? I mean, I'm sitting here, I'm getting older. Man, He says, run out older, We're older. Why is that even a thing? Why why would anyone contend it? We ought to do this? Well, wait, this is something good. Explain to me. How how did we get here?
Speaker 2: Well, actually, there's a group of progressive doctors who kind of bullied everybody into something called war Path. It's a series of medical procedures that are supported by the transgender movement. And look, it's a free country bill. If you suddenly decide that you want to be a girl and walk on the wild side, I got nothing to say to you except I'm gonna pray for you. But go ahead. You're an adult. You get to do whatever you want. But what we're talking about kids, they are protected on all kinds of things because they're judgment's not there yet. So they passed this law. Governor Dwine, in his wisdom, vetoed thing. I went in and said he thought it was unconstitutional. I went back and said, naw, I don't think it is. And I'm the guy who has to go to court. I'll defend it. Please override his veto and they did. And we wanted a trial court. We had a five day trial, and you and I had a chance to talk about it last summer, A little bit real proud of my team, and they did a great job, brought home to win. This has been the law now for seven months in Ohio, eight months in Ohio, and just here in the last couple of weeks, the group of judges arned the appeal out of the trial and they found a brand new, novel, never thought of application to the Healthcare Freedom Amendment and said it's unconstitutional under the Ohio Constitution. Now, Bill, you're old enough to remember Obamacare And when it came in and we had something called the Healthcare Freedom Amendment here in Ohio and we all voted for it, and it basically said the government's not allowed to tell you what you can or can't do when you're buying health care and health insurance. It was designed to stop John Kasik from being able to do Obamacare here in Ohio like Mitt Romney did Romneycare in Massachusetts. Well, this Court of Appeals said, well, that must mean that the legislature is not allowed to control the practice of medicine as regards to these children on irreversible medical procedures. That's not what anybody thought of was at the time. Everybody thought it was to block Obamacare, and even the people that opposed.
Speaker 3: Has said, well, it's not very good. It's not going to work to block Obamacare. That's a bad idea. Well it passed anyway.
Speaker 2: But nobody thought that the state of Ohio was giving up the right to regulate the practice of medicine. What we're going to do here leeches and blood letting. Now we can go back to frontal lobotomies because you know some doctor or some parenting that that will help with the ADHD. Come on, nobody thought that. And so we're taking this to the Supreme Court, where I am confident that legal logic, sanity, and common sense are going to prevail.
Speaker 1: So as we sit here this Tuesday afternoon that you say in your column in the National Review, quote last Tuesday, Estate Court joined the fund when the Ohio Tenth District Court of Appeals held at Ohio's law designed to protect miners from often irreversible chemical gender transition violates the Ohio Constitution. It's right in the Ohio Constitution about gender chemical transitions and sexual mutilations. They found it was in there, and so now you've got to go to the Supremes in Columbus to have them say, I don't know what I don't know, have them say that gender transitioning for children is not in the Constitution, but the argument is that it's against the US Constitution also, And at this point I have no idea where in the hell we are. I do know this Children's Hospital in Cincinnati and the Cleveland Clinic are among the best medical facilities in the world. But left to their own druthers, each of them would participate and gender transitioning of minors of children. Am I correct about that?
Speaker 2: Well? I don't want to speak for either of them, but there are certainly people within those institutions who have advocated for exactly that position. And honestly, the rest of the world medical opinion is not matching that Europe started down this road earlier than we did here in the United States, and they're pulling back. They're going, Wow, this isn't such a good idea. Think about teenagers for a second. Think about it. There's a woman named Chloe Cole, and I brought her in to testify at our trial. And when she was going through her awkward teenage years, she thought she wanted to be a boy, and so she went through these puberty blockers and the therapy and surgery and uh, you know, modified her body.
Speaker 4: Well.
Speaker 2: By the time she hit twenty years old, she had grown up, grown out of it, and she didn't want to be a boy. She wanted to be a wife and to be a mom and have kids. But because the law did not protect her at that time and place, and these docs were convinced that they knew better, and because her parents were worried about her and followed the doctor's advice, she is a permanent monument to the idea that kids shouldn't be allowed to make permanent decisions in their teenage years.
Speaker 1: You know, mister Attorney General David Yost, about ten years ago, I had on a couple that had had a son who at that point was like twelve or thirteen that wanted to be a girl. And the argument was, well, my son played with dolls, was a barbie fan, wanted to wear dresses, et cetera. And so this couple advice from the experts at children's hospital, and they began a procedure in a process to transition that child. What do you say to a family, Let's say you're a loving mother and a father and your child tells you at the age of twelve or thirteen or fourteen, I'm in my soul, my heart is in the wrong body. I want to switch. They go to the family doctor, and the family doctor says, yep, this child is transgender. You'd rather have a living daughter rather than a dead son. And unless you allow this to happen, suicide is going to occur. Then the doctor refers them to a big city hospital and the experts down there say, yep, this child is going to be cutting themselves and they're going to be a kidder and they're going to commit suicide unless you agree to this. And so the culture says do it. The family doctor says do it. The experts at the Cleveland clinics say do it. And then you're told that if you don't do it, you're a bad parent. If you're in California, the state will come in and take the child away from you if you don't allow it to take place. Fortunately, Ohio, in the Ina, Kentucky's not there yet. Do you have any what's the argument of a system where the medical community says this must happen, it's medically required. The family says, we want this to happen, and devil's advocate, who the hell are you, David used to tell that family.
Speaker 2: No, well, I'm nobody, but the elected representatives of we the people happen to represent the sovereign interests of Ohioans and are empowered by all those Ohioans to pass laws, including protecting children and including standing against the group think that we're seeing right now. Again, other places in the world don't agree with that. And furthermore, the shibboleth, the the false assertion that kids are more likely to commit suicide if they don't have gender transition treatment, is simply not borne out by the facts. We had testimony to that effect at our trial from our own experts. So this is very highly controversial. Acting to protect children is an entirely appropriate thing for the state to do by law. And you know, you start off by ask you what do I say to those parents? I say, I love my kids too. I know you love your kids. And this is really hard, and you're worried, maybe you're scared to death, and you'll do anything, but you can't abdicate to the group think of something that simply not supported by the evidence. This is it's just something that that kids ought to be protected from.
Speaker 1: In fact, the government tells parents who want to do certain things with their children. Government tells parents all the time, you can't do that. That's wrong, and it's very limited. But for Jehovah witnesses that consider blood transfusions to be the work of the devil, well blood transfusions should happen. There are other parents who say, my kid doesn't need cancer treatment because we're going to pray. And I believe in prayer. I'm practicing Roman Catholic, but prayer with medical science. Sometimes the juvenile quarter step in and say, well, your kid needs medical care, which is cancer treatment. And I would point out that the American Medical Association, of a lengthy study, had one hundred and seven thousand who had transitioned, and the psychiatric difficulties did not lessen upon the transition. They were aggravated by the transition. It got worse later on in life, it did not get better. The underlying problem was the psychiatric disorder that was not treated by transgenderism. The trans end or hormone screwed somebody up even more. In fact, there were more mental problems later on than there were having done nothing. And so lastly, David Yos, Attorney General. As we sit here this a Tuesday afternoon, what is the law in the state of Ohio as we speak right now it's about twelve twenty pm on Tuesday afternoon. The Capella Courts have ruled that it's unconstitutional. What is the status right now?
Speaker 2: Well, it's technical, but the Safe Act is still a law of the land. They have not issued their mandate, which is a technical word to say you've got to follow the decision. And so we've asked for a stay. If that's denied at the Appellate Court, will go to the Supreme Court and ask for a stay. And I think we have a good argument to get it. But as of today, it's still the law of the land as we're talking here on Tuesday afternoon.
Speaker 1: And lastly, you get involved in that federally. It happens all the time. We had a local Common Police Court judge. There's fourteen Ohio Common Police Court judges in Hamilton County. Around the state. There's got to be I don't know, three or four hundred. This state court judge in Hamilton County issued a statewide ban about two years ago on an abortion procedure or whatever, and what is your feeling about local common police court judges issuing statewide bans when their jurisdiction is one county.
Speaker 2: Well, there's two questions here, and you've identified the first. A judge in one county shouldn't be able to restrain the you have a statewide injunction. They're not a state official. They are elected in a county. And it's the same with the what we see right now with the leftist judges and some of the courts that are interfering with the president's Article two powers. They're issuing swin junctions instead of limiting them to the parties that are involved. Uh, And that's that's actually the better practice. I think we'll see some United States Supreme Court action on this in the months ahead. And I don't think you want me to get into the second one.
Speaker 1: No, that's much. Yeah, we are, but David Yost, Attorney General, keep fighting because you represent the people of Ohio.
Speaker 2: We will.
Speaker 1: And I kind of think what the I kind of know if this was on the ballot, I'm pretty sure which way this would go. But nonetheless, to find something in the constitution not present except by shuffling around a few of the words and letters to come up with transgender rights to me is unbelievable, but it's where we are today. But David Yost once again, thank you for coming on the Bill Cunningham Show. Thank you, mister ag going to be with you, God bless you. I leis continue with more coming up later will be Burrough Love of the Inquir the editor about certain issues. And also later on is more on the torpedo bat of Dela Cruz and who's going to be the new morning team starting on Monday. We could have announcement the next two or three days or sooner. All the News Radio seven hundred WULW Michailly Cunningham, the Great American. Coming up at one o'clock today will be the editor of the Inquiry, Burrow Love to talk about spending your money on a new Heritage Bank arena and whether it should be wearing the present location or maybe by TQL. Jeff Birding would like it to be at TQL, and Tracy Schwegman of the Woman who Rules the Banks with an iron grip, along with Jim Moooring at the Banks of the Holy Grail, will like to be where it is now so we'll see what happens down the road. But here's the rub before I get to the issues of the day, including what's going to happen on Monday at five am. Here's the rub that the construction where it is presently located is very very difficult. It's tight, and does it work. I don't know if it does or not. But over by TQL there's plenty of free several acres of free land that could be built much less expensively. But whoever pays for the band generally calls the tune, and so Tracy Schwegman, who's the lady in charge of the banks, been a friend of mine. She's a good lady, and of course Jim Mooring of Holy Grail. They have to rely upon the sales tax to get it done. You might recall in nineteen ninety six we voted for a half of percent sales tax, generating we thought sufficient money. It turned out to be insufficient money, and now those involved would like to use some of that money from the sales tax in order to build the Heritage Bank arena and keep it going. We did not sunset the nineteen ninety six sales tax at all. It goes in perpetuity it turned out to be completely insufficient because sales in Hamilton County because the Amazon, etc. Might be going down not up, about the same population. And so if it's next to TQL with Jeff Birding lender and the billionaires who own the FC franchise would like it to be there obviously, and they're willing going to put up more money than someone on the banks. You have the billionaires put up five hundred million for a new arena twenty thousand seats, state of the art arena, along with maybe the Cyclones to some other team plus going on. It may work. So the powers that be down the road to make that decision. I do say this that my good friend and yours, Alisha Reese, wants you to vote for this, yay or nay. The other two, Dinise Treehouse and Stephanie Doumas, say no, we don't have to go to get your vote to do this. They want to rule and Alsia Reese wants to vote. If it goes to a vote, that's a non starter because the Bengals and Reds do not want it to go to a vote. If it goes to a vote, in some way to continue or change that, guess what you're going to vote no because you think billionaires don't need my help. That's a problem. So we'll see what happens down the road, and we'll talk about that with Barrel Love after one o'clock today from the Inquirir. Secondly, as you know, I was on early and often the Trump vandwigen, especially in this election cycle. When I saw what was happening in the White House and with America, it was despicable what the presidency of Joe Biden was like the presidency of Lance Armstrong. It was a fake. It was a fraud. It didn't work and went on for a long time, and he finally backed out because even those around him knew he couldn't win. But secondly, his entire presidency was a fake, a fraud, and had no relevance to our lives because he wasn't the president. Now the reporting's coming out what about six months after the election, in which it appears that doctor Joe Biden and Hunter Biden and White House staff members were the president. We didn't vote for any of them. They attended all the meetings, all the national security meetings. Hunter Biden a crack addict, Doctor Joe Biden, and White House staff made all the decisions because the president was mentally absent, he could not perform, and the media participated in the cover up greatly by not reporting on it. You can only imagine if a Republican president had the lack of mental acuity of Joe Biden, what would have happened. So now the reporting's coming out how bad it was inside the White House, and that the auto pen was being used because the President at one point could not sign his name. That's how bad it was. Talk about a national security problem. There it is, and so we'll see down the road how this happens. This is percolating now because the President Donald Trump, thank god he's in office, has floated at the trial balloon of serving a third term. And I'll say this that the twenty second Amendment and the interactions with the troth Amendment means that that cannot happen. The term elected is used in the twenty second Amendment. You can't be elected the service president for more than two terms. And he's been elected twice then not elected in twenty twenty, and he wants to run again. Father Time is undefeated on tied, unscored on right now, President is pushing eighty years old. Next summer, Donald Trump, believe it or not, we'll be eighty years old. By the time he leaves office. He'll be eighty three years old by the time he would serve another term, he would leave office and be eighty seven years old. And one thing I've noticed is that to be truly successful, as you've heard me say many times in many guys, is for this movement of the Trump supporters to be real. It can't last four years. If the last four years we go back to Gavin Newsom or Governor Pritzer or Kamala Harris, a God knows who, back and forth, back and forth, the changes will not be institutionalized. In Doze nor on the southern border. There'll be a sense let's make up for the last four years by spending more money which is hurling America toward bankruptcy, or let's open up the southern border again. The crime and viciousness all over our country, the Democrats have become very violent. And so if we don't institution this to let it go forward for another eight to twelve years after this term of President Trump, that we're back to where we were when the Biden presidency took over and he was permitted to run from his basement. But they get out the vote effort paid for by Jeff by the owners of Amazon et cetera and Facebook, and as a consequence, so we didn't have a real election in twenty twenty. I still have a doubt about the outcome of that thing. How in the world did Joe Biden get eighty one million votes when the most Barack Hussein Obama ever got was sixty eight million. Was Biden that much stronger of a candidate than Barack Obama? I don't think so. So I have severe doubts about the outcome of that election. But what this means is is that it undermines the idea that the Mega principles must be applied for a long period of time through different people, through different means. You can't have an eighty some year old president wanting to hang on to power when you're sitting there with JD. Vance, who he's now forty years old, who believes in these principles, who's got an attractive young usha wife and these kids in the White House, and you have to support JD Vance to be your successor you can't say I'm going to fight like a warrior poe to stay in office. The principles are what matters most, not the personality. And so there's things about Donald Trump's personality I do not find particularly attractive, including the name calling and getting distracted on things that really don't matter, things that matter. Charles Crodhammer wrote a book called Things that Matter. What a great book that was one of my conservative heroes. And also what it does is diminishes greatly. Jd. Vance makes them a little Putian and makes them small in comparison, when in reality, this president, the greatest president of my lifetime, needs to understand that the principles he relies upon to get elected can be carried forward by others other than him. That is, jd. Vance, move forward. Let's do it. There's several US senators who would be excellent too, move forward with the principles. And the personality is one thing, the principal is quite another. So for Donald Trump to say to JD Vance, only I can do this, and you can't follow the principles I've set out, man, that's wrong. And this twenty second Amendment stops it in its tracks. You got to be elected twice. Now I know about angle shots. I've read the materials out of the twelfth and the twenty second Amendment. The war is elected, not serving as president. So that means, according to the Trumpsters, that JD. Vance at the convention and the summer of what twenty twenty eight, the summer of twenty twenty eight, could be the nominee of the Republican Party. Then he selects as his vice president Donald Trump. And then assuming and my gosh, this looks impossible that JD. Vance would be elected as the president under a promise he'll step down on day one and give the presidency back to Donald Trump. He wouldn't have been elected president, he would be elected vice president. Therefore, it goes around the twenty second Amendment, and the twelth Amendment plays into this because the troth Amendment says only a person eligible, eligible to become the president can serve as vice president. So you can't have like a twenty a twenty five year old serving as vice president because you've got to be thirty five. You can't have someone born outside the country to be a vice president because you have to be a native born America. You have to be born in this country naturalized. You have to be a citizen. You can't be can't be an alien the one time, you can't have other things.
Speaker 5: And so.
Speaker 1: I know what the president does is throw out these firecrackers in the fire to distract the media, let them run down different paths when there's a brick. Well, but I hope he understands he cares about the country as much as you or I about the country. Donald Trump is a true American hero. It's wonderful and for the country to succeed, the principles, the mega principles of restrained government, low taxes, shut down southern border, leed it in this country only those who are legally allowed to attend a strong military America first. Those are principles, believe it or not, principles that anyone can carry forward. Now, this is a unique character. Maybe I think he's the most unique person ever to serve in the presidency. Look at his history and what the Democrats almost did to him, put him through a living hell when they didn't have to, and they did it for political reasons, never held to account of might add yet that he's got to understand that at the end of this term he'll be eighty three years old, and the principles upon which he was elected, can can be carried forward by JD. Vance and by undermining JD. Van he underminds the ability to win the twenty twenty eight election, which is so far off I can't even think about that. So there you got it. I would hope he would calm that down a little bit and talk about JD. Vance and he's the future. He will carry forward. Like Ronald Reagan gave the presidency to Bush forty one, and Bush was a terrible campaigner, but when the president, Reagan said he's my guy, the country was in good shape. Happy days of your hair again. Let's keep it going. I don't know what the country's going to look like in the summer of twenty twenty eight. Do you have no idea? If things are going well, if the policies have worked, which I think they will, if America is at peace, if more manufacturing jobs are here, and we've gotten rid of waste, fraud and abuse from the government, this is going to be a sense of you know what, let's keep it going with JD. Vance. But if Donald Trump pushes this thing to become the vice president under JD Vance and then take over on day one, that dog's not going to hunt. That plane's not going to fly because the American people are going to say no. And then Mega goes down in flames, and guess what. The country falls into a dark abyss from which we may not exit.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: Secondly, another thing, Canada becoming the fifty first state? Are you kidding me? Another one of those I helped firecrackers in the fire that amount to nothing because we don't want Canada to be the fifty first state. Right. They would have fifty six electoral votes, a couple more than California fifty six electoral votes, and the odds of a Republican winning Canada are about the same odds of a Republican winning California. The last one to do so was Bush forty one and Reagan won it, but that's been thirty some years. Canada is more liberal than California. So if California's submit to the statehood, which can't happen, I'll explain why they have fifty six electoral votes. They would have about net forty votes in the House of Representatives and two US Senators, so the Senate flips to the Democrats. The House of Representatives with an additional net forty more Democrats will control that for the rest of the century. And then the worst issue is fifty six electoral votes. A Democrat can can lose the presidency about like thirty five or forty votes, but add fifty six to the total. For the rest of the century, a Republican will not win the White House. We don't want that. And secondly, it can't happen. I've looked at what happens. What has to occur for a territory or for a nation of country to become a state. Number one first thing is that state of territory you must hold a plub site. They have to have a vote. Do you want to join the United States of America? Can you conceive of a circumstance in the next ten years or so where the state in the nation of Canada's to vote to join the United States. That's not going to happen. Now. If that happens, then the Congress issues enabling legislation about court systems and about a state constitution, all kinds of stuff. Then if so, if the Canadians themselves say I want to be an American, which will never happen. Secondly, then the Congress, six months after all these events take place, they have a vote, and in the Congress it takes two thirds of the House and two thirds of the Senate to vote to accept them. That will never happen. So this is a fanciful idea that does nothing but anger Canadians and make it more difficult to struck a deal with them on tariffs. So I hope somehow this is wrong. I hope that Donald Trump sees things the rest of us do not. That's certainly possible. He's the smartest guy politically that's ever existed. To go through what he went through, then to win the popular vote, win the electoral College by about forty votes, to do what he did is unbelievable. And the direction he's taken the country is ninety five percent I agree with. But Canada becoming a fifty first state will never happen. And Donald Trump serving a third elected term will never happen unless there's a constitutional amendment passed that allows it to occur, which is two thirds of the House, two thirds of the Senate, and three fourths of the states got a vote to give Trump a third term under the I guess it'd be the twenty eighth Amendment. We have twenty seven right now, that won't happen. I like to deal in the land of reality and not fanciful ideas that are untethered to reality. Canada becoming a fifty first state will never happen, and Trump being elected to a third term will never happen. God knows, we got enough real problems to deal with. Let's continue, and I would note that the March numbers are now out from legal contacts on the southern border. In the month of March there were seven five hundred and the month of March, which was half the daily total in March of last year, when Biden was still in the White House, we were invaded by individuals in unconstitutional, illegal ways permitted by the federal government because Joe Biden was mentally incompetent and didn't know what he was doing. Think about where we are today compared to that, it's been a complete change. Let's continue and once again we're gonna have more announcements about the Morning Show. Mike McConnell I listened this morning to him and John Phillips. My mind was flooded with memories of John Phillips and Randy Michaels and Alan Gardner and Bill Gable and Bob Trumpey and Andy Furman and Chris Collinsworth and the Truck and Bozo and so many others, and Mike and Gary and Doc Wolf and me and away we go. And there's nothing more constant in life than change. We should spend about ten percent of our time remembering yesterday, about seventy percent of our time living today, and about twenty percent planning for tomorrow. So we got a plan for what's going to happen on Monday. And Mike McConnell's had one hell of a run. Fifty years in radio all told, and about forty thirty five thirty eight years right here at the Big One, the home of your Reds. And by the way, last night's game, that's what makes radio so exciting. To have the torpedo bat picked up by Dela Cruz for the first time and have that kind of a game, and for the Reds to win fourteen to three only because the Rangers kicked a field goal at the end. Three points three runs is unbelievable. Five point forty tonight to get started, all A News Radio seven hundred WULW. Bill Cunningham, the great American, of course, Tonight, Reds Baseball kicks off about five forty with the torpedo Bat and Dela Cruz is at the forefront hitting a massive home runs a seven RBI and also almost sit for the cycle again last night with two home runs and the Red Legs beat up on the Rangers fourteen to three, which means the Rangers I think kicked a field goal late. And that's about it. The Reds are impregnable. Joanan you and I now is the editor of The Inquir Burrow Love and Burrow, welcome again to the Bill Cunningham Show. And first of all, before we talk about the half a cent stadium tas not nearly as sexy as the torpedo bat. Can you write a column in the Inquire about the torpedo bat and the impact that's going to have on the Reds.
Speaker 6: I don't think I'm going to write a column, but we probably have about three torpedo bats stories in the works already, in addition to the one we had after last night's game. You know, we're wondering our high school player is going to all of a sudden show up with these things like this could be a this could.
Speaker 2: Be an interesting time to be a baseball fan, you.
Speaker 1: Know, I played the game through xavior and all that stuff, and I guess no one had thought for one hundred and fifty years about taking some of the weight and size of the wouldn't bat and move it down three or four inches from the end to make it look like a bowling pin, and put the mass where the ball hits the bat actually where it matters. Hit one off the handle, off the end, nothing happens. But if you take the sixty eight inches where the action takes place and make that little more hefty number one, it helps with foul tips, which means instead of missing the pitch by sixteenth of an inch, you might foul tip it stay at the plate. And secondly, the ball goes further. And baseball, as you may know, is a very old sport, going back to eighteen sixty nine. But I would hope the guy that designed this thing, this physicist, whoever he is associated with the Yankees, is making money off the deal. And if you think it works, it works. If you don't think it doesn't work, it does. But isn't this also though, bad for Reds pitching, because the Reds are gonna have to pitch against it.
Speaker 6: I know it's well, yeah, I mean it's going to be the equalizer. But I just go back to the late great Pete Rose. There was this great video of him giving tips to kids on how the bat. And I remember because I was a kid and I was a little leaguer and we didn't have custom bats like the kids do today. The coach brought this duffel bag and dumped it out, and you picked the best one that wasn't cracked or whatever.
Speaker 2: But he would talk.
Speaker 6: About, you know, if they're pitching you in, you want the fat part of the bat to hit the ball. Step back. If they're pitching you outside, step forward. So I don't understand it. Like I the objective has always been to put the fat part of the bat on the ball.
Speaker 1: And so yeah, anyway, why it hasn't happened, I know, Well all of us know very little because baseball doesn't know. It took up about one hundred and sixty years and figure that out. But I don't understand it. But if it works, it works. Now let's talk about a column. You having the inquir you're the editor. If tax money is in play, taxpayers need to know who's behind the arena push We passed this levee in nineteen ninety six, and it was a half a cent increase in perpetuity to build and maintain two stadiums, the Great American Ballpark, I think after me at least in my mind, and also paid Course Stadium. And suddenly there's entities in Cincinnati that want to expand that to the Heritage Bank Center. Tell me what's going on with that, because and once again we're talking about some serious money.
Speaker 2: Serious money.
Speaker 6: Well you said entities, and that's what's at the you know the gist of my column. So a group came out called the Hamilton County Growth Alliance and have pitched this idea that some of the sales tax money that was, as you mentioned, passed by voters in ninety six to fund the two stadiums that we enjoy right now should be used to also fund a brand new arena. There's a guy well known in political circles named Jake and Kid who's the head of this alliance. He's a lobbyist, a political consultant. He ran John Cranley's campaign and I believe worked as his chief of staff. So he's the director of this alliance. The question is who's behind it, who started it, who's funding it? That's the big question, and he won't say. So I was beating up my reporters when we first did this story. I was like, you guys got to find out, you know, who's paying for this? Where's the money? Follow the money? And he's not saying. And he doesn't really have to say because the Hamlet Gunty Growth Alliance is a five oh one C four, which is different than a C three in that they don't have to disclose who their donors are. So that's the big question, like, who's behind it? Who is behind this initiative to use some of that sales tax money to build a new arena?
Speaker 1: Would that be? Is it legal? In other words, I'd have to read the bottle language from some thirty years ago. But that is specifically limited to baseball and football or did it include this other arena?
Speaker 6: It was specifically for a new stadium for the Reds, the new stadium for the Bengals.
Speaker 1: So how does Heritage Bank Arena come into this deal?
Speaker 4: Then?
Speaker 6: Well, this group funded a survey and what they would like to do is eventually get this in front of voters. I think because their survey said that. I think they surveyed four hundred people and asked, how do you prioritize the need, you know, for a new arena versus upgrades for the two existing stadiums, and I think it was sixty seven percent said, you know, we prioritize, we think a new arena should be.
Speaker 2: On the list ahead of now. Again the survey, Yeah, four hundred people. I don't know.
Speaker 6: You know, I'm not questioning the survey, but I want to know who paid for the survey because I made the point of my column.
Speaker 2: I can go online.
Speaker 6: I enjoy a glass of bourbon every now and then, and I can go online and find studies that say, you know, a glass bourbon a day, or drinking bourbon and moderation is good for your health. Those are also published by distilleries. So that's so, you know, I think it's relevant, is the point I'm trying to make. And even though it's a five oh one C four and they're not legally obligated to disclose their donors, I think if they're suggesting that the sales tax which we all pay be used for an arena, that they should they shouldn't hide behind the fible one C. Four I'm all about transparency. That's you know, as editor, they inquire, we fight for people's right to know, and I think this is pretty relevant.
Speaker 1: I would think the Banks is behind it. I think Jim Mooring is a good man. I think Tracy is behind it. I think those involved in the Banks were likely to be there. And now I'm told by other entities in town, and I'm sure you're were of this, that TQL and the soccer franchise would love to have that arena right next to them. In fact, you know that they've done their studies. Indicator should be off river and should be over there, largely privately financed, and whoever pays for the band calls the tune. And so whether it's one place or the other, it's the final piece of downtown development with the Duke counter Ju Center doing what it's doing and the renaissance of downtown. Yes, we need an arena where you can bring in these acts. But have you also heard the TQL stadium and the owners of the of the soccer franchise FC would love to have that arena next to them.
Speaker 6: Well, I think that's an intriguing part of this story in terms of you know who is actually behind the Hamlety Ground County Growth Alliance. Because you know you mentioned our good friend Jim Morning. I call him the Mayor of the Banks, the proprietor of the Holy Grail. I think he and other businesses in the Banks would definitely advocate for a new arena in the current area so that you have year round entertainment when you know, the Bengals only have what eight home games and then you know the baseball season runs in the warm months. That having a state of the art arena possibly bringing in you know, we we lost out to Indianapolis for the NCUBA basketball tournament. He wanted to go see the Sweet sixteen. You were, you know, driving west on seventy four. So there's all kinds of possibilities if we have a state of the art arena. But yes, the master plan for the development around TQL Stadium North on the west end includes you know, residential other entertainment facilities, and you could make an argument that that would be a nice feather in the cap for everybody that's concerned with FC Cincinnati. So interestingly, I asked Jake and Kate, I said, so you won't say who they are, can you give me an idea of how what.
Speaker 2: Kind of support you have. Is it twenty business leads, is it ten or is it one.
Speaker 6: I'm not in a position to say that, so I think and this is just me, Now, this is just me. I think that if it was a large group of business leaders, he would have no problem saying that if it's one, If it's it's one person with deep pockets, then he's less likely to say, you know that that it's it's a small group or it's one group. So that might indicate it could be people who are concerned with all the development around TQL Stadium.
Speaker 2: But that's just me, that's just me.
Speaker 1: You know, the big boys in town. Tracy Schwegman, et cetera. She wants it down on the banks, and once and again if Karl Linder and that group Megan Whitman, et cetera, want to pay over half the price it's going to be next to the t QL Stadium. But one thing you said concerns me, and that is that the people may have to vote on this if there's if this issue gets to the ballot in Hamilton County about sales tax increases for this or that that that dog won't hunt My example is at Kansas City Chiefs about a year or two ago, they wanted to build a brand new stadium and this is and this is at the highlights of Patrick Mahomes, et cetera.
Speaker 6: And it was like said, no, yeah, after they won the Super Bowl, they went to voters thinking this is going to be, you know, an easy one to pass.
Speaker 2: It's just a it's just a totally.
Speaker 6: Different economy right now in terms of where we were twenty five years ago and where we are now. These stadium developments, and this is where the Hamlin County Commission, I think, especially Lisa Reese is, you know, that's her position, like we're not going to shoulder this, you know, pay ninety seven or ninety four percent of the cost of these renovations as they work on the lease agreements that the team is going to have to come forward and or the NFL and or other municipalities, because the Bengals are a driver and an economic driver, not just for Hamlin County, but you know, the whole region. And so yes, I think that's the last thing that Bengals would want if it goes before the voters. No, we kind of we kind of know where the voters are.
Speaker 1: Right now that they're billionaires. Mike Brown, according to Forbes, is worth about six billion dollars, and the owners of the Reds are worth billions of dollars, and God blessed Karl Linder and his family and Meg Whitman, they're worth billions of dollars. So to go to the Tony Bender types of live in Green Township and say we want you to pay taxes at Macy's so that these stadium owners can make more money, there's a good chance that dog won't hunt.
Speaker 6: I mean, I agree with you, like I said, it's it's you know, whether you whether you believe these studies are not.
Speaker 2: Paul Round Stadium now pay Corp Stadium has the you know, the the.
Speaker 6: Infamous reputation of being one of the worst stadium deals in terms of dis ever. Yeah, in terms of the impact on governments and taxpayers is right, and and so you know that's not going to happen again, and it's not to your point, it's not happening anywhere in the country right now.
Speaker 2: Private money needs to be.
Speaker 6: Raised and and so yeah, So it's it's an interesting thought twist in the saga of what are we going to do with our existing stadiums to bring up the idea that the sales tax should be used also to fund a new arena.
Speaker 2: So you know, so and which gets back to you.
Speaker 6: Know, I, and I made it clear like my my role as edited to inquire, you know, I play it straight down the middle. We have to do everything we can to be objective and balanced, and so, you know, I personally think it's a great idea. We should figure out how to to come up with a new arena. But I'm not going to get into the political debate about it. I will stand up for the taxpayer's right to know. You know, somebody is suggesting that these tax dollars get used in that way, I would hope that they would do it transparently so we can have, you know, the proper debate about it and not hide behind a five O one C four.
Speaker 2: Yeah. So that's where I sit.
Speaker 1: Well, at the end of the day, if TQL with the lenders and the whitman's and billionaires want to put up half the money and on the banks, God bless him. At Jim Mooring and Tracy Schwegman, they don't have an extra five hundred million dollars sitting around. Someone's got to pay for it. I haven't asked the Reds this, but I would imagine they would not mind having Heritage Bank Arena go away to give them more space for their for their for their ballpark. I would imagine that's the case. And but anyway, let's see what happens down the road. And uh, of course, uh when uh, when you have Jay kin Ko, I know him. He's a great political consultant. The reason is at C four, so he doesn't have to disclose. So when the inquiry asked, by the way, who who, who's paying for this thing, he's not going to close it. At least Jeff Birding is upfront saying we want it, We're going to want to put it there, and they're willing to participate. I'm willing to bet on those who want to put up money into the deal, of supposed to those who don't. And I know that Dreehouse and dou Massa both said that this doesn't have to go before the voters, and they're right that the half a cent increase nineteen ninety six does not have to go before the voters because they know the outcome. And so you know when when Reese says, you know what, we want to vote on this thing. Those other two are going to say no, and then where are we?
Speaker 2: That is a good question.
Speaker 6: I think that's you know, that's this whole, that's a this is already complicated enough. Yeah, so this is, like I said, this is adding another dimension. So yeah, it'll be interesting for sure.
Speaker 1: All Right, we got to run. But once again, Burrow Love, editor of the Inquire, thanks for coming on the Bill Cunningham show. Get my best to the best city hall reporter ever. And you're losing a good one there. And she's going to go work for the Prosecutor's office. But always love working with her over the years. And I saw her the.
Speaker 6: Other I was hoping that was a big April Fool's Day joke, but it's not. Yes, Jerry Coolidge has left us to go work for Connie Pillach.
Speaker 2: We're excited for her though, all r very excited for her.
Speaker 1: Burl Love, thank you very much, Thank you, thank you.
Speaker 2: Bill.
Speaker 1: Let's continue with more. One thing you don't want to do is let the tax bearers decide how to spend their money. You don't want to do that because you know what that's going to be and maybe billionaires should pay for their own playpens. Of course, that's my opinion. Let's continue with more Bill Cunningham. Should I do the Morning Show starting on Monday News Radio seven hundred WULW the.
Speaker 5: One one, Oh my goodness, that is out of here, up off the batter's eye and center field. Second home run of the night for Ellie Dayla Cruise, my lord.
Speaker 7: Fourteen to nothing seven RBIs tonight for Ellie da Cruz. Wow, have a night. The ball was destroyed?
Speaker 2: Oh goodness, hell, hello, quiet.
Speaker 1: And I'm I'm broadcasting god segment. You'll be ready for tonight's action. Is that correct?
Speaker 2: Correct?
Speaker 1: Well, he look and make it two in a row over those Ranger boys. What about the bat? What about the bat? What about the bat? Bring it on, torpedoes. Let's go, well, do you believe that? I don't believe that. Do you believe that? Yeah? You do believe it? Oh look, I mean he almost hit the p O W M I A s c out center field last night? And second about it? And I we have a major announcement to make about possible changes here at the Big One. Is that correct? I know Wayne Caruci's in charge of the new program director, et cetera. He's gonna make a series there taking over some serious changes. We're moving to Sharonville, apparently to Sharonville and I but are you willing to pick up the end of the gateway building. I've you picking up a new shift. Are you available?
Speaker 4: Uh?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm gonna be driving a truck. I think from here to driving a truck back and forth. You like getting up at three o'clock in the morning. What's the next question? Well, yes or no? Will you do the morning shift with me? If that's the way it developed? Five hour a five hour Stooge report. Yes, yes, it's only four but who's kind of whatever? Give me some sports? We got Roger Bacon, faithful, we're going to talk about Roger Bacon, the home of Jerry Derger, Bron Besevich and Buddy Lorosa segment. Give me some sports first? Will he the Stooge reporters a proud service every local Thamestar Heating and air conditioning dealers Thamestar quality. You could feel in Cincinnati Colst Stacy Heating their solutions five one, three, three, six, seven h e A T sport. Those Reds routed the Rangers last night, will He fourteen to three, breaking out of their offensive slump. Li Da La Cruz number forty four to two, homer single, double, career high seven are be eyes with a torpedo bat? What about the rebout to two and two? What about the bat? It's legal? Are you sure?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 1: I had the Attorney general on who said it may not be legal. There might be an investigation though, David jo said, investigate what about the torpedogation? Who the torpedo bat about?
Speaker 4: So?
Speaker 1: What's illegal? What's the state of Ohio going to do about the torpedo bat? Not a damn thing? Thank you, Brady Singer, brilliant last night Willie and his Red's debut seven scoreless innings, fanning eight, walking to and allowing one hit. You know the story at Brady Singer. There's the story segment. Can you read the headline? Yeah? Oh yeah, I saw I saw this on I've seen this before where he paid off his parents debt for Christmas. Yes, when he was a first round pick in the MLB draft of his parents like fell apart of course. Yeah. Speaking of falling apart segment, Roger Bacon High School was not falling apart. This story about Dones. Is that said correctly? Is the Dones? Is that it like Pills high School? You know the how to pronounce the name, don't? All right? We have Roger Bacon Royalty here. There's another story of high schools that are succeeding. And Tim tom Burke is here in Brandon Spath to talk about what's happening Roger Bacon. First of all, success or failure. I can recall the good old days at Roger Bacon and that it was in a tough section of Saint Bernard. There's no good section in Saint Bernard, would you agree? It's always a tough, hard working section. And Roger Bacon is going up and going down, not going down. Why is that? Why is Roger Bacon making it? And shall we say Doanes and others or not? What's the story?
Speaker 5: Willie?
Speaker 8: Our culture at Roger Bacon is very, very unique. We have five hundred and something the verse kids and they they learned, they learn the values of themselves and others, and they treat themselves and others differently. So we're we really believe that the interest in Roger Bacon, which is very strong right now, it's because of the culture and because of our Franciscan carrots.
Speaker 1: And Tom Burke I asked you off there, how many religions you're still there? Segment is thinking about becoming a Friar at some point because his body fits the mold.
Speaker 8: We are very, very fortunate to have five Franciscans still on staff at Roger Banks.
Speaker 1: Sandals and brown outfits absolutely every day.
Speaker 8: Well, the one in our office walks around in shorts, but he puts his habit on.
Speaker 1: At times too. He's out of the habit. He's out of the habit. So you're here today because there's rich and powerful forces of Roger Bacon like Vinnie aka Wayne Cruci and others that want to raise, like how much money to build a new wing?
Speaker 8: Looking to raise ten million dollars eight million of it will be going to it towards our construction of an atrium that a trium will howls all of our administrative office spaces a chapel kind of an out or reception area in a conference room, and it allows us to reclaim space in our building to build five new classrooms and allow us to expand.
Speaker 1: Let's talk about enrollment, because Catholic school enrollment generally has difficulty, but not at Roger Bacon. How many do you have now? How many did you turn down? And how much will the need be met by this new construction? Willie?
Speaker 8: We have about five hundred and forty kids at Roger Bacon right now. This past year we had about three hundred and ninety applications for one hundred and forty spots. In addition, over the summer, we had over one hundred and ninety applications for people to transfer into Roger Bacon from other private and public high schools.
Speaker 1: They wanted to come to Roger.
Speaker 8: They wanted to come to Roger Bacon, and we were able to take seven seven seven how many out of one hundred and ninety five?
Speaker 1: Man, you would not be one of the seven? No way?
Speaker 5: Why?
Speaker 1: Why?
Speaker 2: Well?
Speaker 1: Why is?
Speaker 8: We're a very very good value. Our education and academics is good. But again, when kids come to Roger Bacon, the first thing that they're told is you hear value. It doesn't make a difference where you come from, what color you are, what your parents do, what you drive.
Speaker 1: You have value.
Speaker 8: And then we reinforce that throughout their period of time at Roger Bacon and they grow, they develop, they become confident, in themselves and they become good, great Americans.
Speaker 1: What are other high schools doing wrong?
Speaker 8: I don't think other high schools are doing things wrong. We're just doing something very very different.
Speaker 1: And Mother's milk of creation and Brandon Spaith expind you're in charge of development. You shake down all the Roger Bacon faithful, including Buddy Lrose, etc. That's correct. What is your role of Roger Bacon?
Speaker 4: If anything, I'm our director of advancement, or as I so put it, I'm a professional beggar essentially.
Speaker 1: Beg for a living. Yeah, I thank you guys out in the Interstate Highway now and then.
Speaker 9: Well, hopefully we reached this goal, then we won't have to beg any.
Speaker 1: No more begging. And so the goal is how much ten million, and you collected about sixty percent of it.
Speaker 4: The overall goal is ten million dollars, eight million for the atrium, two million to endow student opportunities. We have just reached six million dollars, so we're sixty percent of the way there.
Speaker 9: I'm very happy of that is.
Speaker 1: A dioceinsan schoolers that stand alone kind of like you know where Franciscans School.
Speaker 8: We're owned by the Franciscans the Province of right, we're not. We we try to follow some of the things that the archdiocese does, but we're actually owned by the Province of our Lady of Guadalupe.
Speaker 1: All right and so and Catholic School. Is it is a constant issue to keep raising money for one thing or another. Is how difficult is your job in this environment? Many people the stock markets go down, people say it's bad economic times, Wayne Crutch, he tells me it's the best of all times. Depends what you How difficult is it raised that money?
Speaker 9: I mean, nothing's easy.
Speaker 4: But we have extremely generous alumni in supporting base. So we've met over this process. We've been fundraising for about a year. We've met some truly remarkable people for this campaign. Again, this campaign as we head into our hundredth anniversary in twenty seven to twenty eight, it kind of celebrates that first one hundred years but also lays the foundation for the next one hundred years.
Speaker 1: Are you optimistic?
Speaker 9: Optimistic? Absolutely?
Speaker 2: Man?
Speaker 1: Please continue with sports. Well, it looks like the game too. It tonight that the Reds and Rangers they will have Nathan Valdi up against Carson Spires. Coverage begins at five point forty Sports Talk Arnell Carriers, Inside Pitch, then the Kelsey Chevrolet Extra Inning Show after the game. Andrew Abbott, what will start a rehab assignment tonight of at least a couple of starts tonight? Game one for him with the Louisville Bats. Don't need him?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, we do need them, I would think, so, we'll see. Pitching's been pretty good this year. Of course, they traded Stuart Fairchild yesterday to the Braves. That's because outfielder at jer Rickson, Profar of the Braves, has been suspended eighty games by Baseball for violating the league's peed Police. A little bit of juicing going on segment correct. Don't like that first round of the Crown Tournament in Vegas Bearcats and Blue Demons today at two point thirty on ESPN fifteen thirty, Tom Burke, you know anything about this Crown Tournament Las Vegas.
Speaker 8: I know nothing about the Crown Tournament, man, I'm not interested.
Speaker 1: Please continue that. Of course, at three o'clock at the Centas Center, it all happens. It's amazing how that both of these gold take the time. Why would Xavier set this major announcement at the tip off of the UC game is that it is that serendipitous. Wayne Cruchi knows. But right now, if Rich Betino said, I'm sorry, media, I got to go back into the locker room and meet my guys. Who would he go meet? Uh, probably be in an empty room. Nobody saving. And there's a lot of teams I got Indiana doesn't have any plays our team. No, what do you do? I mean, how many is going to be under Bearcats after the day? None? If they could be, they're all gone. Yeah, hopefully rich Potato brings some I think. Don't you think you would like to be growing up in this day and age versus yes, the uh yes, the no money b C. But when you grew up and went from house, would you be worth fifteen dollars? I got fifteen dollars of my basketball laundry money. Yes, fifteen dollars. Now it's a million dollars. Let's just start.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: But I mean, if you if you're coming here out of high school, is the as the league score in the city, I'd be rich, right, I'd be rich now like you are now broke. I've got nothing. A segment Please continue with sports and making a fool of yourself. Well, let's see what else? Will he NCAA tournament update brought to you by ac R, Gunny Pools and Spas call Today Swim this year called Frankie's Running. A special women's final four is all set for Friday night in Tampa. Who's in the final four? Texas and South Carolina, Okay, Ucla and Yukon. It's Yukon's twenty fourth final four. How much of the girls paid to play? Do you think? I think a lot? A lot. National semifinals among the men are Saturday in San Antonio, Gators and War Eagle. Then the Cougars take on the Blue Devils. Brandon, who do you like in that matchup? You like Duke.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna have to go with the Florida because That's who I picked in my bracket and I'm in the group with my wife, and I would really like to be the.
Speaker 1: Winner of the house action to that? NFL meetings, will he continue on? What about the tush push? It's been tabled for a future reference. In other words, table you're at don't well? I don't think they got enough votes, so they tabled table for a future meeting. By the way, Brandon, does the tush push happen in high school?
Speaker 9: Not yet, not that I've seen it. I mean it works, I think it work.
Speaker 8: It works, It definitely works. But I don't think it's in high school yet. Do you schedule Deer Park High School for anything? We do not have schedule to your park segment. Please continue.
Speaker 1: The National Football League will still have a triple header on Christmas Day? Really right, Christmas Day triple Christmas Day triple header. W don't know who's playing yet? Maybe no, hopefully. The Chain Gang looks like it's going away. Say that again. The chain Gang, I'm not talking about, you know, years ago in Jason prison like, but Sony's Hawkeye technology is going to be used as the primary method for measuring the line beginning in twenty twenty five. I don't know how they're going to do this. The chain Gang is gone, Well, the chain Gang is going to remain as a backup just in case, because they don't want any unemployment in the NFL. Tom Burke, what do you think about that? Well, maybe they could move to the high school games. These guys are always looking for people, right, We're always looking for people, So that would help us sou use hawkeye from the satellites segment. Please continue. It's all I got once again, Brandon spaith. If someone's listening that has a few extra bucks, is their website that I can direct them toward if anywhere, absolutely.
Speaker 4: Go to www Dot Rogerbacon dot org. A lot of information there on there. The campaign is called we Are the Good Soil Capital Campaign. On that website you can find anybody you need to talk to.
Speaker 8: Well, the Roger Bacon's story right now is really spectacular, and we invite anybody to come down and see Roger Bacon or if you're interested. We serve underprivileged kids. We thirty three percent of our kids are under the poverty line, so we're providing them with opportunities.
Speaker 1: That they've never had.
Speaker 8: So do we invite anybody to come down and see our school, experience our kids, and I believe you will be very, very excited about what's funny.
Speaker 1: Years ago one this way right we.
Speaker 8: Were struggling to at a time about thirteen fourteen years ago, we had been our lowest enrollment. But we've made a remarkable comeback and uh, it's a great story right now and a lot.
Speaker 1: Of and we're community asset.
Speaker 8: Will we let our facilities be used by the Friars Club by uh village to start Bernard School Symphony has done the orchestras in our fine arts center, so we make it available.
Speaker 1: If we can help the community, we try to do that. And you have good football players now and then come out. We have good football players. We had a great volleyball team this year. Girls. Huh? Boys and girls? We have boys only boys? There's no girls. Are you sure on volleyball?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 1: And on the school is it all boys?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 1: No, no, no, we have boys and girls the girls something.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: He did great kid, great kids.
Speaker 9: Used to push When Corey Connor was in high school, he just.
Speaker 8: You just hit our volleyball team here. They won the state and they were good. They were really good.
Speaker 1: So if you're listening and want to apply, go to the website. If you have a few extra dollars, like rich guys like Wayne Carucci, the Great Bartosic and the Flying Dunas that they can step up. I call it Buddy l Rosa l Roses there for he's from Roger Bacon. How do you get out of high school? That guy's not too bright? I mean, have you thought about this. You must have taken the gesus.
Speaker 8: The pizza heat came up, had a lot of you know what, some of our most successful grads.
Speaker 1: Were not very bright. You're talking about Wayne. No, No, I'm not talking about him. Did you go before you went to part you go to Roger Bacon. I couldn't get in. I didn't qualify Willie. You have heart issues.
Speaker 8: Doctor Tom Fogerty, he has probably one hundred and fifty patents related to the heart. You're probably alive because of some of his patents. Wonderful when you talk to the doctor Tom foger So Tom, when I was at Roger Bacon, I wasn't very smart. I wasn't a good student, and I wasn't a good kid. But he learned discipline, discipline, and he learned problem solving from the Franciscans.
Speaker 1: And loved it. Brandon once again. The website, what is the website of any.
Speaker 4: Roger Bacon dot org www dot Roger Bacon dot org. Campaign is called we Are the Good Soil and uh, all the information on there is what you need.
Speaker 9: I want to go. I want to make one point about Tom.
Speaker 1: Tom.
Speaker 4: Tom made a good point about what's different Roger Bacon. How nearly a third of our kids live at Povery Blow. They asked, why, why the success of Roger Bacon?
Speaker 9: What's going on? I dare you to come to our school and find those kids.
Speaker 3: Dare you?
Speaker 1: I challenge at some point maybe they can shoot free throws. I'll pick take on your best free throw shooter.
Speaker 8: And one last point, we challenged your part to a golf match next year.
Speaker 1: Really yeah, let's go. Well, we'll push you.
Speaker 8: On on the schedule and let's you can give me a song Keim Wood?
Speaker 5: Can't you?
Speaker 1: I probably could? Once again, gentlemen, good luck you're doing that. Thank you, guys, Thank you so much. This guy's pretty good. Hey, guys, not beating segment. Get me out of the stair. Morning man, New morning Man. We need somebody in the morning. Willie and Otter of the Roger Bacon spartans. We leave you with the immortal words of the Steward Report.
Speaker 2: All I stood to be with you, Bill, see you later.
Speaker 1: As Governor Dowan when was mad at me on news radio seven hundred WLW, I believe cunning him the great American coming up from bottom of this hour segment and I are going to discuss certain things about the direction of the morning show to be determined. And as you may know, Mike McConnell on my Mount Rushmore of great ones here at the Big One in the past fifty years, is retiring with the thanks of a greatful nation. Uh. I'm blessed to walk and work among giants Gary Burbank and Jim Scott and of course Mike McConnell and me. And I've said before and many times, it's good to remember the past, got to live today and plan for tomorrow. But this is interesting to talk about all the things that went on before, but people don't. You can't change one iota, one breath of history, but you can change what's happening now, what's going on tomorrow. And this station now has more listeners than we've ever had, and it's because maybe it's because we got rid of all the competition. That's a different story. But we tend to stay in touch with you, a member of our great community, You and I together and provide a way of being your friend, your pal during lonely times and celebratory times and events that mark history, whether it's the Western Southern WEBN fireworks or Red's opening Day or the Cincinnati Open. There's so many great events happening. The Flying Pig Marathon, which started on a napkin in Bermuda with a guy named Bob Coughlin. But that point I was operating pay Corps and thought, Okay, can we make a marathon work in the city of Cincinnati with the hills, et cetera. And all of a sudden, the rest is history. It's the best part of the greatest country in the world is to live in this part of the country because of the hills of Kentucky goes to the greatness of Ohio and Indiana. I sat in an event put together by Alvin Rohrer a week or two ago that as an example why things are so good here. Before I talked further about Roger Bacon High School. Is that a few years ago. Might have been at the turn of the century, twenty four years ago. I think it was after that. But Sports Illustrated others did a ranking of the top ten college football programs of all time, and number two number I'll go. Number three was University of Michigan. Number two was Notre Dame, and number one was the Ohio State University. So if you want to watch college football. In addition to UC or Miami, my gosh, you the greatest college football program in America, which means the world one hundred miles from here. Then Michigan and Arbor, the home of Tom Weedman, the weed Man, that's about two hundred and fifty miles from here, and South Bend's about one hundred and eighty miles from here. If you want to watch college football, there's no better place in America to watch it than right here. Then they did a report on the top college basketball programs in America. Well, the top the top three, the top three or number three was UCLA, Number two was North Carolina. Number one was Kentucky, which is ninety miles down the road. My good friend, the Smiths live in Louisville, Kenny Smith and die in. But they're great Kentucky fans. So if you want to watch great college basketball, participate in the program. Well, not only have you seen Xavier, UC's won two national titles, should have won the third, that's a different story. Xavier has won two National Invitation Tournament titles. The knit and it's a great school. Then you also have Mount Saint Joe and you have Thomas Moore, you got NKU, you got Wright State, you got Miami, you got you got them all. If you want to watch college basketball, damn it, you got a place in this part of the world. Let's go watch college basketball. The best is right here in the Queen City. And if you want to watch a baseball of one type or another in college baseball is largely gone south, But the Cincinnati Reds are America's oldest professional baseball franchise eighteen sixty nine. Been around a long time. Hopefully we'll be here a lot longer. Long time, what about one hundred and sixty seven years? Long time? And want to watch baseball, we got the Reds. Great softball leagues everywhere. Northern Kentucky has great baseball programs, COUV, kath and Beechwooden. If you want to watch baseball, we got the Reds. And if you want to watch professional football, guess what, well we got the Bengals. We've got Joe Burrow, got t Higgins, got Jamar got Trey Henderson. We have a professional team right here in Cincinnati. You can watch it. If you enjoy water sports, whether the Ohio River, all the lakes and the hollers and the hamlets all over the Tristate. You can certainly enjoy water sports right here, and so to me, it's the best place in the world to live, which is why when I was given opportunities to go to larger markets, got real close one time and not too close others. I just couldn't pull the trigger. It was Mike McConnell and I. In twenty eleven, Randy Michaels and John Phillips had left and gone to WGN in Chicago, and he wanted to change gn's format wasn't very successful. He wanted to bring in Mike McConnell and Bill Cunningham from Cincinnati from nine am until three pm every day on WGN. And I don't blame Mike McConnell one bit for taking that opportunity and lighting up the city of Chicago. I was on my back deck, I was by myself, spent about an hour just standing there. Then I've sat, got up, walked around, and it was at yay or nay. Because Mike had already committed. I'd gone out to lunch with him at Trios here in Kenwood. Greg Pansera's fine outfit, and needless to say, the money was extremely high, and I looked around. I got in my car with Penny. I drove through Deer Park. I went into Great Gate of Heaven Cemetery to look at all my family, my mom, my family's at gate to Heaven Cemetery. I drove into Kentucky where I was born in Covington Saintes and I went by Xavier University, my time there with Jerry Green, so many others, Gordon Veterino. Growing up, I just couldn't buy. I just my mouth could say yes, but my body would not allow me to leave Cincinnati. I just I just couldn't do it. That I cost myself a couple million dollars. Yes, but uh, in life, I have found that you should you shouldn't seek what you have. By that, I I mean if you're happy, if you're fulfilled, if your family's in a certain place, and you have certain close relationships with him, friends and family here, associates here, long history here. Well, all I seek in life is joy and happiness and fulfillment and values in a vision. But damn it, I have it all right here and it doesn't begrudge. Mike one't bit for what he did. He made the right decision for him and his family, and after four or five years his contract was up and out of time. Jim Scott wanted to retire. I think it was like twenty fifteen, maybe twenty fifteen, about ten years ago. I wanted to retire, and the powers that be here it was Chuck Frederick and Darryl Parks, secured Mike McConnell to come back. And here we are ten years later and Mike McConnell is leaving. And in this business, if you can leave voluntarily, if someone didn't kick you in the ash and throwry out the door, that's unusual. And Mike McConnell is leaving because he simply said, I'm getting old and I don't want to do it anymore. Well, that's a good reason. Gary Burbank said goodbye every now and then to go to YouTube and look at his goodbye or Jim Scott look at his goodbye, and it was handled the right way. Very rare in this business that you decide when you want to go. But Mike McConnell is deciding when he wants to go, and it's going to be on Friday, and we knew for the Christmas Morning Spectacular. We were here with Rocky and with Eddie and with Scott Sloan and I and I said to Mike, do you want to announce it on Christmas morning you're leaving? He said, no, I don't want that, he said, I don't want to spend the next four or five months thinking about people saying I'm sorry that you're going to go. He wants to announce it, he said, near the end, which will be the first week in April, and just he wants to fade off into the sunset. He's earned the right to go out the way he wants to go out. But damn it, life continues. So sometime in about fifteen minutes or so, there's going to be a statement had and we'll see what happens with that. But nonetheless, I've walked among giants in radio. I try to live up to what Gary and Jim and what Bob Trumpy and Chris Collinsworth and the Truck and Bozo have done. Mike McConnell and Jeff Henderson and better quit mentioning names. I'm gonna leave a few out joh Crumley and etc. I'm pleased to be here. I do not want to seek in life what I have and so God willing, I'll maybe change things up a little bit, but continue for a few more years. And lastly, when I when I look at people like Tom Burke and Brandon Spaith at Roger Bacon High School, and of course the great Wayne Carucci, it wasn't so long ago for those who have not been there. I when you go to an IC seventy five going south, look on your left, Saint Bernard's a little bit on the hill just before you get to go to Heaven Cemetery and Roger Bacon. Like other old it's in Saint Bernard, which is his own village, but more or less urban inner city. It's tough, it's hard, and I have great empathy for those kids at Dones Community High School shut out yesterday. And there were times in my life when I was told I couldn't go back to Muller High School because tuition was due. If fees were due, we couldn't afford it, had no money, had to go to Deer Park. I thought that was a failure. It turned out to be a great success. And I love Deer Park for taking me and time in my life that I needed help. And there's kids right now at Doanes Community High School that need help, and so Roger Bacon High School was in that category up until about ten years ago or so. During the glory days, it was for Sal and Roger Bacon an Elder and Saint X and that was it unless Sal came and Muller came and some other came, and it got difficult to pay teachers that don't have much of a pension system. A lot of the times the teachers are paid let's money and you got to work long hours. And enrollment was way down to under two hundred to Roger Bacon High School, which means they're out of business. Maybe it was prayer, maybe it was alumni like Wayne Carucci or others that say we can't let this happen. It's taken about ten years to get back to where they are now. The turning down kids who want to go there, and the great majority are kids that from working class environments that would never get into Saint X. And God blessed Saint X. They have fifteen hundred kids the best and the bride is go there. I'm not sure when I was in the eighth grade or freshmen, I could have qualified to go to Saint X. I know I qualified to go to Muller, and I wish I would have stayed there until I was told I couldn't, so I went to Deer Park and that was as to turnout, the best high school experience of my life was at Deer Park High School. But for that, I would not be where I am today. And there's some boy or girl at Roger Bacon right now who's trying to get in and can't get in. What did they admit? Seven of two hundred students and the last cycle and freshman, sophomore, junior, senior, they have about five hundred kids, boys and girls, largely from working class environments that have faith and value, and they're not well known, and they simply want to make their way in this difficult world in which we live. So I'm just heartened by the fact that people like Brandon Spaith and Tom Burke and Wayne Crucci and dozens of others. Buddyl Rosa helps tremendously as much as he can to help kids to get up on top of the ladder then bend over and pull somebody up behind you. And that's what's happening today at Roger Bacon High School. It's not happening in most of the high schools in the urban area, whether Achin or Woodward or Use whatever it might be. Every day is a new challenge. But in every one of those students that have failed and must go to Done Community High School and then they shut down, I don't know what becomes of those kids six months from now, a year from now, because they have behavioral difficulties, they have other circumstances that they couldn't make it at ache In High School. So they go to Doane and Doan shuts down. Now what do you do? My gosh, you can't start a bonfire, but you can't light a candle. And the best thing a man or a woman can do when you get to where you're going to reach back and pull somebody up behind you. I've tried to do that my whole life, and I'm glad that Wayne Carucci and others are doing that at Roger Bacon High School. And it's happening now at Maler High School. It happens at Deer Park High School, it happens at Sycamore, it happens at Beechwood. In which people involved in a community in a small way assist others to walk the path that a good person has walked, and I end up in prison or on drugs or part of some gang. And I just fear for those two or three hundred kids at Doan's Community High School. They're lost, they have no functional home. Most of them don't have a dad. It could give a crap that they live on the streets. There's a couple thousand kids at CPS that are homeless. They live in cars, on street corners, in abandoned buildings. And the richest, most powerful country in the world will spend lots of money on silly stuff, and money is not always the answer. I would assume that Tom Burke and Brandon Spaith and Roger Bacon teachers aren't making a bundle of dough. I would assume it's a calling and they're there to help. So once again, if you can help Roger Bacon dot com, go to the website, check it out. They want to build a larger facility because what they do works. Every child has innate value and sometime a little flame is lit and that's all a kid needs. When I walked into the steps at Deer Park High School as a incoming sophomore, didn't want to be there. I viewed Deer Park as where failures go. But there was a coach there named Tom Griswold who took me bumb my shoulder and said, hey, you look like you're lost, and I said, you have no idea took me into the front desk. I applied to go to Deer Park High School. Ended up in Dummy Hall about two months later because I was failing at Deer Park High School as a sophomore, and that same coach said to me, are you the guy in the eighth grade is Saint Savior that scored like twenty five points? I said, yeah, I play basketball. He said, if I get you out of dummy Hall because you're failing, would you agree to get your grades up and to play basketball at Deer Park? I said Coach grays Wald, Yes I will. And the rest is history. All it Texas for a man or a woman to give that little flame of hope and the soul of someone who needs it. Let's continue with more and if line becomes available, which it never does. Five one, three, seven, four, nine, seven thousand announcements coming up. Bill Cunningham with you every day, your home of the Reds and the home of the bat that will take the Redge to glory and maybe beyond. All on News Radio seven hundred Meet your new mornings, Bill Cunningham, the Great American. I'll tell you what. There's been speculation about our new morning show starting Monday, and i'll tell you right now. I've given a quite a bit of thought. Whether it's Jim Scott or Mike McConnell, the morning show needs en upgrade. The Great American. This coming money at five am. Get out of bell, let's get to work. Wake up with this guy. It was only a matter of time. Mornings are better with seven hundred w l W. Hello, quiet, I'm broadcasting.
Speaker 2: That was not.
Speaker 1: Supposed to run. By the way, say your reaction. I'm gonna be here anyway. So you guys, welcome to the show. Rock What do you say?
Speaker 4: Some?
Speaker 1: Here are some other things too. Can you imagine a four what's Mike on five to nine? Normally we're gonna be on five to nine, a four hour stooge report plus Sunday night.
Speaker 2: He was listening.
Speaker 1: Imagine that four hour stooge report you would meet It'll never stop. Hey, we got Chuck Ingram though, but John Phillips called him this morning listen and Mike talk together. Phillips wants to do helicopter traffic again with me. That the best when I was young. Yeah, let's get Phillips up in the air. Would that be good? Well, yeah, if he buys a helicopter, we're not going to buy one, are we.
Speaker 10: We have to take the station helicopter to Long next Every Thursday he does that one helicopter off the top of the building.
Speaker 1: They put gas in it. No, it's always a risk. Well what the hell? Yeah, I asked you went down and survived. Now rock if I make this move, twelve to three would be open?
Speaker 2: Are they smoking crack or something?
Speaker 1: Justice Joe perfect? He can do well. I mean, how many times does he up to see what happens? Thank you?
Speaker 4: What?
Speaker 1: What? How many times is he on the bench? I get? I mean you know the Supreme Court? How many times? How many times is he on the bench? He stays probably four mornings a month. Okay, so he misses him. We'll get the hawk man in. Do it remotely. He can do it. Yeah, you can do it right. He can do it right from his chambers. And I mean helicopter traffic anymore? Is that still a thing? Do you think Chuck Ingram all the way with Ted McKay. I get Chuck and a helicopter. Andy was in it when it crashed. To you survived two helicopter crashes, he did.
Speaker 10: Let me tell you my life, I will if given the opportunity, I will survive one helicopter crashed, second one, because I will never get in another one again the rest of my life.
Speaker 1: Bill Behar wanted me to go into the helicopter years ago when I first started, and I thought, I don't know, I don't know about two weeks said, I said, okay, we'll do it in a couple of weeks. Well, right during that time, he goes down on Macateewah owned by now by Mark Sheer and Dale Donnohan. He he goes down, he goes down, he goes down on I don't know what green it was, and they and they crashed. Nancy McCormick didn't make it. No, that's true. It's dangerous rock. And he was up there. John Phillips was up for twenty four years, right. He had man crashed twice. The second time I two seventy five at past pro shops right up. It was in between the two what happened. Why it crash? The guy in the morning didn't gasp the thing up like he should have.
Speaker 10: Don't you check that sort of thing for you get up in a helicopter.
Speaker 1: You're making well, I guess, I guess you know you don't know. The first thing I would do is you don't assume fuel. You don't assume that anymore. Rock Sarah gage in there.
Speaker 10: That says, I imagine there's a gauge, Yes, as a gauge in the helicopter.
Speaker 1: He rolled over and uh crawled out the other side. The police sirens be okay, he said, yep. I said that was God's sassage too. I would say that's it. I'm done, done. I can't I make it through one. That's it. John Phillips not going up again twenty four years. He's going to come back and do helicopter traffic in the mornings with you, me and the seg Are you willing to get in the helicopter?
Speaker 10: So when when you guys are when you're doing mornings next week, you of course know what that means to the Eddie and Rocky show.
Speaker 1: I'm not party press, but you know, nothing's more constant in life than change. Well, you're coming back to twelve to three, right, a little different for us, but you're going to take a nap and then come back, right, that's what I heard. Can't say, can't say, give me some sports about the torpedo bat Well, heave the stude reporters of Pro Service Ever your local tame Star Heating and air conditioning dealers, Tamestar quality you could feel in Cincinnati, Colwayoming Air at one, eight eight, eight nine, six h v a C Sports Reds and Rangers Tonight, it'll be Nathan Vivaldi up against Carson Spires, five forty Sports Talk, Rnel Carriers, Inside Pitch, Kelsey Chevrolet Extra Inning Show after the game. No Cees in the lineup last night at first, but hitting the hand yesterday's day to day not broken. So it's going to be Freedom, McLean, d L C. Lucks, Candelarios at first. Spinal will be a third Jake, The Snake will be in right, Big Big Done will be in left. Win Done. Yeah. I just saw him last night. He's with the mayor Casey. Yeah, well he's coming back just for tonight. The boys were raking last night runs. The Rangers kicked a field goal late, didn't they? Yeah, and make it eat and make it close. How about Brady Singer though getting he was dealing toss seven scoreless innings, striking out eight, walk two and allowing one hit to that lineup? Bingo. Have you seen the video of Lady Singer paying off his parents mortgage? Look at that? I heard about that. Fantastic, fantastic pay off your mortgage at some point, use that for sure. No rock, get up the little rocks, all the pebbles on the pebbles, the daddy, I'm paying off your mortgage, Daddy. Great first round to the Crown Tournament coming up in Vegas, Cincinnati, Barrick, Hats and De Paul coming up after three And at the same time, Richard Pettino is gonna be is going to be officially introduced as the new Musketeers had basketball coach three Thirty's got a meeting with the team. It's gonna be in a phone booth. You know what a phone booth is. Yes, there's no team, they're all gone.
Speaker 10: So he's agreed to become a coach of a team that he does not yet have, does not yet exist.
Speaker 1: Doesn't exist. Indiana. Who's good bad? It's bad. It's all bad. In fact, I've been told by some of your rich friends are asked for nil money, like a million dollars here, and they're thinking, you know what. I don't know these kids, but we're seeing it happen.
Speaker 10: The blue bloods that the big time programs are going to be in a position to be. Look, the top four teams the NCAA Tournament. Big time schools make money. The schools that everyone thought was going to be in the final four. Right, there's no upsets, there's no cinderellas, and they don't happen.
Speaker 1: No more number one sets all made. It was twenty oh seven in San Antonio. By the way, this is the next time. I'm watching this nineteen ninety two documentary on Duke basketball with that team Christian Leitner, and never happened again. And I'm thinking, never welcome that team costs. I think college kids, they're man, they're adults. What would that cost? What about the final four team with hugs.
Speaker 10: If on that team, even if they wanted to stay in college and not go to the NBA, they would get plucked off by another school that would pay them some exorbitant amount of money and say Why would I be the number three here? Where I can go be the number one there with no repercussions. Christian lingers nothing probably ten million dollars a year. We'll pay you twelve He'll go from Duke to North Carolina. That's like real money for some of these.
Speaker 1: From wouldn't he savior? Good use and its prime? And how bad is that? The donors are saying that, Wait a minute, I don't know if I like this. Maybe maybe the adults ought to get involved, saying it, you have to sign a contract, you're an adult. Everybody keeps saying that.
Speaker 10: Everyone agrees, every coach, every fan, everybody says somebody's got to do something, something has to be done. Well, who is somebody? And when are they going to do it? Because we just keep it. And the thing that I hear keeps holding everything up is the academic calendar. They can't. Yeah, that's the excuse. Given It's like, well, some schools are on trimesser. If you have the portal open, you catch that. The only way to do it is to allow I mean, you can't have kids join in spring ball. They have to join the fall. But no coach wants that. But if everybody has to play by those rules. It would it would make sense. And the kids don't want to sign a two year deal. If you have a good year, they make a lot more money, so they don't want to. So the n say you have to sign a two year contract. We've been there for two years. But is it reasonable? That's good for the sports that we all love. Isn't necessarily what maybe best for each individual player, And sometimes the decision me to be Okay, yeah, that might be better for you as a player. But for this great thing we call college sports and the continuation of it to.
Speaker 1: The degree it's being we're not going to do that. Here's how it's going to be. If this duke team could play together for three years, no, what about Houston? Pretty good that fact.
Speaker 10: It'd be great for the fans because they would every year. Boy, we got a great squad coming back. Well, now you have no idea. You have no idea.
Speaker 1: When Patino meets his team at four o'clock, who's in the meeting? Nobody? You don't have a team.
Speaker 5: Now.
Speaker 1: Now one player is committed to play for Xavier, somebody has to do something. Who is somebody? And when are they going to do it. Everyone agrees this is ridiculous. Every everybody, every athletic director, every school president, every fan says this is dumb. So why why don't they click? It was okay?
Speaker 10: Is there a way that we can put a few guardrails on this and still pay some players and still have some advantages here?
Speaker 1: Why does what happened? Well, what's funny at those at the Ncaattorney games that right there on the on the scorers table and all that stuff, they got the they got the two words student athletes. That's a joke online, Thank you very much. How about Sean Miller Fox nineteen this two weeks as a behind the scenes of Savier basketball. The name of the documentary is all in. He's all out. I mean, are they gonna run it? They're running it now? I watch it all in? That is the ultimate eyes all out. He left. Didn't he have what he sought? Didn't he want?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 10: No, because he's saying year to year, I'm not going to be caught up in this mess of do we have enough money to pay the top players?
Speaker 2: The answer is no.
Speaker 10: We have a good amount of money, but we don't have the kind of money Texas does. So if I want to get the best player, and knowing that the Jimmy's and the Joe's are what wins games, He's gonna go there because they have fifteen million a year, right be sixteen, eighteen, twenty million to pay players and Xavier has what a million? Maybe had six or seven million. They got four times.
Speaker 1: Okay, but well it's less than half the pick them up out of the garbage dump of life. Sean Miller was done. His wife builds his five million dollar mansion. They moved in in December and Indian Hill. He's got the documentary All In allows the cameras behind the scenes for Xavier basketball, talking about ethics and values. Being at Xavier is more than.
Speaker 10: That's the part that's that's the part that's gross. Besides that, the cross do you fix? We're here now what? And that's what sold every player. You need to be all in. You need to buy all into this program and get it the way train. That's what they preached, but.
Speaker 1: They aren't until I'm paid more money, in which case I'm gone.
Speaker 10: And I'm fine with it because you know that's the way it goes. But you can't. You can't.
Speaker 1: I'm having the lip service of all that. Chris Mack very much wanted to come here and staid make the buy out ten million dollars. No one's going to pay that. I'll commit to six years. I want to go home. Santax kid once his boy to go to Santax. Chris Mack all time winning his coach in Xavier history. I want to go home and I will guarantee because of money, my buyout will be making twenty million dollars. Well, I will commit to Xavier for the next ten years. Why it happened, Say give me some sports also, Willie. Let's see Bristol Motor Speedway is going to host a course a Major League Baseball game in August. Yes with the Braves and the Reds. The speed That's Bristol Motor Speedway announced the day on October the fourteenth of twenty twenty five. They are going to turn the infield of the track into the Bass Pro Shops Bristol Old Bass Classic, a groundbreaking bass fishing tournament in the middle of the world's fastest half mile. Wait, wait, they're gonna They're gonna flood that. They're gonna It's a specially designed fishing area within the speedway, complete with temporary water feature.
Speaker 10: What they're gonna flood the infield and fill it and have people you got kidding me? Finally, can we get the a race going while the baseball game is taking place? Now, that would be something. The cars are going around the track and then baseball has been played.
Speaker 1: Next thing, you know, next thing in operational motor speedway is going to going to They're gonna host the Olympics in Tennessee. You might recall Ben Hurr. They flood at the coliseum in Rome and have boats. So this Bristol is gonna have a bass What about what about? Uh? What about heart? What about Sunday morning? What about him? Who? You know? Sunday morning bass fishing? My guy? I don't know who you're talking of out Well, isn't he gonna go dance? Bill dance?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Him, I get, I don't know. I guess he's gonna be he's the best. Well, they're gonna have play by play. Here comes a nine pound Yeah, yeah, they got on the ESPN. ESPN's got bass fishing on TV. They do. I think Fox Sports f S one has it. That'll be the damn thing I've ever seen. That's what rock will be doing that in about a year or two. I'm just saying along with uh the hatchet throwing in the corn hole and pro pickleball. Watch you guys won't be there, will you? No? No, I think I think enough to test that sport. What about Jip Park, you fool, Jip Part's probably gonna be involved in that.
Speaker 10: Can we get like a deer hunting competition in the middlefield to throw a couple of elk out there?
Speaker 1: Shoot him? Shoot him? What about in your backyard? Who's the guy from Madison County that's his running mate, Chip Part's running man. Who's that guy he loves? He's gonna down there, So you're gonna flood there, gonna flood flood certain parts of the of the infield at Bristol Motor Speed fast Boat.
Speaker 10: But they're gonna dig it out like lower like I'm not a will get it done.
Speaker 1: They put a baseball field in there. They they had football games one years ago. They played college football there. I don't under two years ago, but you would have the NASCAR race going on with the baseball game. Better be careful.
Speaker 10: If we can an infield and they have a bass tournament there, we can play baseball.
Speaker 1: One, and you have baseball game going and the Bass pro shop fishing thing on the other end of the track, and NASCAR, NASCAR and NASCAR into that. That's action. I don't get it all right, Rock, what's on the big show? But could be your last one for a while. True, this is actually good? Are rather the gate?
Speaker 10: With three o'clock we have Jeremy Rosenthal, a lawyer, going to talk about can Trump actually run for a third term?
Speaker 6: Uh?
Speaker 1: And then this is great?
Speaker 10: So four pm, you guys might have heard about this guy local legends. Name is Mason Paris, Champion wrestler at Lawrenceburg, champion wrestler at Michigan, the Olympics, Wade the Olympics. Well, he is now trying out to get drafted by an NFL team. He's working out with the line he's up at Michigan right now, Big guy. About Big Guy's six three, two seventy something runs like a four to seven jump thirty three and a half at this Michigan Pro day.
Speaker 1: The other day he's going to join it. I'll talk about his journey. Defensive lineman or.
Speaker 10: Tight end, fullback, defensive line do you want to tackle?
Speaker 1: Whatever they wanted to.
Speaker 2: Do he'll do it.
Speaker 1: You tackle him.
Speaker 10: He got a guy who's like the one of the best wrestlers in the country.
Speaker 1: Football football coaches like that. Bengals, Yeah, we need some interior lineman.
Speaker 4: That's it.
Speaker 1: That's it. Say give me out of the Stude's report. Change is gonna come, correct? Didn't somebody singing a song about that change? Sam Sam Cook? I was born by the river and little tent just like the river. I've been running ever since. Will you on this day we say happy heavenly birthday too. The one and only the weather authority, the private citizen, mister Tim Hendrick. I miss him, God blood sneak in and call with weather updates. He wasn't supposed to. He was the private citizen segment. Give me out this two's report. We leave you with the immortal words. Will you have the stood report? Here we go, red legs, Here we go on seven hundred ww